Speaker 1: All right, News round up in information Overload hour eight hundred and ninety four one, Shawn is a number you want to be a part of the program. Sixty nine days till the election day and only twenty days early voting begins in Pennsylvania, mail in ballots go out even sooner in North Carolina, and then it rolls out all around the country. Not enough time. Really, the media won't do their job. They won't vet Kamala Harris or Tim Walls. They are trying to run out the clock. The media is assisting, they're aiding their betting. You know, we learned from you know, a Zuckerberg earlier in this week about Meta and the pressure that they faced by the FBI and the lead up to the twenty twenty election. As we had told you, the FBI had on March the twentieth, they had verified the authenticity of Hunter Biden's laptop. They also knew that Rudy Giuliani's attorney had a copy. They were very aware that that laptop was likely going to be leaked. It got leaked weak before the twenty twenty election, but in the ensuing time after they verified its authenticity, the FBI was meeting weekly in the summer of twenty twenty, with every big tech company warning them they might be a victim of a Russian disinformation campaign. It might be about Joe Biden, it might be about Hunter Biden, it might be about Barisma. They were pre bunking what they knew was going to be made public, all in an effort to help the Biden campaign. That was their contribution. And then, of course you have fifty one former Intel officials that knew nothing about Hunter's very real laptop. This has all of the markings of Russian disinformation. None of them examined it. They were organized by Wink and Tony Blincoln to just sign off on a letter to give a talking point before the debate that was about to take place with Donald Trump. So we have powerful institutions that are are clearly putting cinder blocks on the scales of our elections in this country. Is it is corrupt, It is dangerous. It is a real threat to democracy, if you will, to use a phrase. And it just the weaponization just continues. We have a Supreme Court decision as it relates to presidential immunity that it seems a special prosecutor does not really care about and we had just yesterday. Now, usually there's what we considered it a ninety day rules. Some revererter is it a sixty day rule. And it's very simple, is that the DOJ would not take any action against the candidate this close to an election. We're only two weeks out of mail in ballots being sent to the American people in some states, we are twenty days away from early voting, beginning in Pennsylvania, and then this indictment comes down. Well, how is that not election interference? And based on the history of not only twenty twenty is I just outlined for you, you know, how do you not see this for what it is? And that is the weaponization of our Department of Justice. It should scare every single solitary American and most people, unfortunately, will not be aware of it. And it's our job to get this information out anyway, joining us not awigh in on this, and we have other issues and new tape has emerged when Nancy Pelosi takes responsibility for January the sixth. Is our friend David Shown, civil rights attorney, former counsel for President Trump, Well, whatever happened to the DOJ rule that you you don't take action like this before an election, and especially in light of what happened in twenty twenty when they knew that that laptop was very real, but they were pre bunking it with big Tech, And we heard from Zuckerberg this week admitting to all of this. And then when when the actual story came out in the New York Post, Zuckerberg and Facebook and Twitter at the time not owned by la Musk ask the FBI is this what you were warning us about? Or is this real? And they knew the answer and wouldn't tell them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, as to the sixty day rule, the first question you have, they're clearly just ignoring it. They're honoring it in its breach, and everyone's scrambling to try to justify it. As an article in Forbes you right now that says well, it's actually outside the sixty day window. Well, that's not true, as you pointed out, and I agree with everything you said. Early elections, early voting is starting now. Every reason to not affect an election applies now to the early election, not just the date in November, a date in November. And they've also said, well that just applies to a new indictment. That's also not true. It's not just up to the court.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Jack Smith made an affirmative effort to come up with a new indictment now time period when he was just supposed to be reporting to the court. As they had to proceed on parsing through the indictment, they had to see which our official acts, which aren't. That's the director of the United States Supreme Court case.
Speaker 1: So my question is, now, let's go back to the Supreme Court decision here for a second, because the Supreme Court decision is very clear. And I think this because if you look at the new filing that they made, it's pretty much like the old filing, except they're just trying to get around the Supreme Court ruling, which is not surprising considering you know they don't they ignored the Supreme Court on the issue of student loan forgiveness, et cetera. But putting that aside, the issue of immunity seems to be very clear. But that would also impact the convictions in New York and we're expecting I guess the penalty phase to come up in just a few weeks. But in that case, we know that they admitted evidence in that case that was from the time that Donald Trump was president, which I would think would compel Judge Bershawn if he cared about the law, and he showed every indication he just cares about politics to vacate the guilty verdicts and they'd opt to start all over again, and they would have they probably wouldn't even have a case to begin with.
Speaker 3: Right, You've made a very important point because people keep overlooking the immunity decision. Wasn't just that a president has immunity from official acts if official act evidence cannot be used before a grand jury to get an indictment or at trial even if he's not charged with the specific conduct was covered by the official acts. So in the New York case, you can be sure they used official act evidence from Donald Trump when he was president to both get the indictment and the trial. And that's the problem with this new indictment in DC. It still does that they include discussions and efforts with the Vice president Pence. The immunity decision says quite clearly whenever the president and vice president discussed their official responsibilities, they engage in official conduct. Presiding over the January sixth Certification proceeding, which members of Congress County electoral votes is a constitutional and statutory duty of the vice president. That's very clear. More than that, in this case, they've continued to charge them with obstruction. The United States Supreme Court on June twenty eighth of this year, in the Fisher case, said that this specific charge eighteen Usc. Fifteen twelve c two only applies to using impairing the use of documents, records, or other objects with respect to an official proceeding. That's not what they said this case is all about. This was about supposedly his speeches and talking to Vice President Trump and calls to Georgia and so on. This case ought to be eliminated absolutely under the Fisher decision two of the charges of this obstruction statute. Because they wanted to get a twenty year count, they should have been thrown out immediately. But any event, the point is that you're making it is accurate. They're still going to have to parse through this for the judge to determine what are official acts, what are an official acts. You know, Smith is trying to say, well, this grand jury never heard the evidence. That's because he wants to try to say they're not tainted by the other material that went before.
Speaker 4: But you know what's.
Speaker 3: Also noteworthy for all of this talk about it. Donald Trump supposedly tried to affect the election and wouldn't permit the peaceful transfer of power. They still have never charged him with insurrection. The statue of twenty three eighty three, which was recommended in this model prosecution memo. People like Andrew Wiseman Normalizen are behind in several of the cases. So there's so much here, but the sixty day rules should have barred this. They're just tone deaf, and Donald trump ort to goes soaring up in the polls. One last issue is that you raise the appointments clause issue ta Jacksmith even the Special Council. You know, there are two brilliant issues that Judge Cannon identify. The appointments clause under Article two, Section two, as you mentioned in an Article one, section nine, the appropriation's clause that you can't spend money for a purpose that's not authorized by law, and his appointment wasn't authorized by law. The problem in the DC case is the lawyers never raised that issue and they had to acknowledge that before the Court of Appeals and the Court of Appeals wanted to hear from it and to Clarence Thomas, just as Thomas when he wanted to.
Speaker 4: Hear about it.
Speaker 3: But let's see, maybe they'll raise it now with the new indictment.
Speaker 1: All right, quick, Frank, we'll come right back for with David shown on the other side, and then we'll check in with our friend Dennis Quaid. He's got his new movie coming out this weekend. You definitely have to see that. He's phenomenal at it. It's called Reagan and Man. The parallels to what's going on in the world today versus what was happening in the late seventies early eighties are uncanny. Anyway, Dennis Quaid coming up after that, more with David Shoan on the other side, as we continue. All right, we continue now with David Shoon, civil liberties attorney, former counsel for President Donald J. Trump. Let me go back to another issue, and our friend John Solomon at justinnews dot Com actually has a tape.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: If you remember, on January sixth Nancy Pelosi's daughter was going around and taping her, and she said at one point she didn't even feel threatened, didn't want to be removed from the Capitol. At another point, he actually took full responsibility for what happened on January sixth and said, as she had done. You know, oh, they thought these people would act civilized.
Speaker 6: Listen, we have responsibility, Terry. We did not have any accountability for what was going on there, and we should have. This is ridiculous. Why weren't the National Guard there to begin with?
Speaker 4: They thought that they had sufficient Now.
Speaker 6: There's not a question of how they don't know. They clearly didn't know. And I take responsibility for not having them just prepare for more, because it's stupid that should be in a situation on this because they thought they had one. They thought these people would act civilized.
Speaker 3: They thought these people gave it.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 1: Now there's even more to the story. NBC Lester Holt reported that, in fact, they knew that there was actionable intelligence the days before January sixth. The Capitol Police chief sonned at the time, again, you know Liz Cheney and her you know January sixth committee that ignored the five hundred and seventy four riots in the summer at twenty twenty and the insurrection support of Kamala Harris and Tim Walls. You know, interestingly, interestingly kept all of this information away from the American people because they had a predetermined outcome to bludgeon Donald Trump. But it turned out the actionable intelligence and the request of the Capitol Police Chief when ignored again and again and again, and in the days leading up to January sixth, Donald Trump himself and five people combined in the Oval Office, including himself, I have interviewed four of the five of them all confirmed to me, including President Trump himself, that he authorized the National Guard to be called up, and in writing Muriel Bowser, the mayor refused to do so. And they never went after Nancy Pelosi's text, They never went after Nancy Pelosi's communications, They never went after the Sergeant of Arms, They never brought in the Capitol Police Chief, and they never brought in any of these people to actually give their side of the story, which is Donald Trump did approve the Guard, and in writing Muriel Bowser didn't said no, listen.
Speaker 7: Did you authorize calling up the Guard? And then it became the chain of command went to Nancy Pelosi and to the Mayor of DC, Muriel Bowser, did you, as required by law, authorize that.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent?
Speaker 1: And attested to by many people, and they turned it down. Nancy Pelosi turned it down.
Speaker 8: Mayor Bowser's written refusal the communications between the leader of the Capitol Police and their chain of command to the DoD refusing our request to allow National guardsmen and women to stage on January four and five before January sixth?
Speaker 7: Did you both ask for the National Guard to be called.
Speaker 2: Up without a doubt? Sean, We've made that very clear, not just once, but on numerous occasions. We wanted to make sure that there was plenty of National Guard on the ready in case there was some kind of violence.
Speaker 5: I had a meeting with President Trump on the third of January concerning some international threats, and at the very end he asked if there were any requests for National Guard support. What was the President's response to you with regard to the request made by Mayor Bowser? Phill it and do whatever was necessary to protect the demonstrators.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll give you the last word. Obviously that was all a ruse and a lie and a setup. Great job, Liz Cheney.
Speaker 3: President Trump has been clear about this from day one, but nobody wants to hear it because it's not convenient to their narrative. It's one of the many reasons that the January sixth committee was a sham. It's not just the conflicts of interest for Chairman Thompson, who sued President Trump over January sixth then took on the leadership. Remember Nancy Belucy says in that tape she takes responsibility. And as she took responsibility by ensuring that there wasn't a single member on that committee who would investigate her conduct for misconduct in office or failings in office. That's why Jordan and Banks and other people McCarthy wanted on that committee weren't permitted on the committee. It was skewed from the beginning. It was a sham, and that's a terrible disservice to the American people.
Speaker 1: David Schowan, we appreciate you being with us. Thank you, my friend. Eight hundred and nine four one Shawn our number if you want to be a part of the program keeping Uncle Sam accountable to you every day. Hannity is on HI twenty five to the top of the hour. Thank you for tuning in. Here's our toll free number on this Friday. It's eight hundred and nine four one seaw If you want to be a part of the program. We're going to talk to our friend dot us Quaid in just a moment. All right, summer, all sunshine and rainbows. Here's the problem with the Harris Biden economy. New cars are out of reach for so many Americans. There's so much more expensive with inflation as well. Even use cars are at a premium these days, and that means a lot of people are keeping their older cars longer. And if you have a costly repair, it's it's at a cost that is prohibitive to most families. I mean, you know what the cost of a new transmission, God forbid you need an engine rebuild, or even something small like you're broken AC or electric problems can cost a fortune. And that's where car Shield comes in because they'll ensure your car over five thousand parts in systems and they do it with a smile. They've been doing this for years. They've held hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people with expensive repair bills that they don't have to end up paying. But the time to call is now, before God forbid you have that breakdown or that expensive repair, and car Shield representatives will help you find the best option available. Whether you're far as five thousand miles on it or one hundred and fifty thousand miles on it. And they also offer other great services like emergency roadside assistance and towing and you name it, they've got it. Anyway, you'll get twenty percent off your plan because you listen to this program. You can call toll free. It's eight hundred five eight seven five zero six zero. That's eight hundred five eight seven five zero six zero Carshield dot com slash Hannity eight hundred five eight seven five zero six zero Carshield dot com slash Hannity Today. You know, we always say that as conservatives, we want good movies and half the stuff that you I mean, that you watch in the movie theaters these days, it just is mindless problem. I just can't take it. I mean, I once had a little for ring into my one little movie that I ended up financing. I didn't make a lot of money on it, but I wasn't trying to make money on it. Let there be Light, and I'm very proud of how it came out, and you can still one day rent it if you're bored. I think it has a great message and it reinforces values that I like it Admyer and I did it because I got sick and tired of seeing movies that I couldn't stand and I thought were terrible. And now Hollywood has gotten worse than ever, and they've gotten more political than ever. And I was watching the coverage about Reagan the movie, and I got an early copy of this. I watched it. The movie is phenomenal. It's not just good, it is phenomenal. And it stars Dennis Quaid, who I think is one of the most talented, versatile actors I've ever seen in my life. Now you might remember him as the great Dad in The Parent Trap and then probably the meanest sob dad I've ever seen in my life. In the movie that I've watched probably eighty times, I can only imagine. It's about the hit song by Mercy Me. I can only imagine. And he's such a talented, gifted actor, and his ability to capture Reagan in this movie is uncanny. And I'm a person that you know, fell in love with politics because of Ronald Reagan, and I watched every moment of his presidency that I could possibly watch, and I mean, it just captured the man the spirit. Also, the times very similar to where we were in the late seventies and early eighties. The times we're living in today, and inflation and assassination attempts and you know, just out of control government and a weak president and here we are, we find ourselves, you know, a Cold war going on, a battle with Russia, and you know, craziness in the Middle East. I mean, the parallels are uncanny. The timing couldn't be any better. And then I'm reading that that there are many outlets that don't want to either carry the movie or they're boycotting the movie, or that people don't want to promote the movie. And I'm like, this is so wrong on so many different levels. Let me play the trailer them. We'll check him with Dennis Quaid.
Speaker 2: There's nothing a retired governor can do about the Soviets, but a president, now you can do a.
Speaker 4: Thing or two.
Speaker 6: Welcome to.
Speaker 9: I was a lifeguard on a river.
Speaker 7: There's no turn.
Speaker 9: And I learned how to read the currents, not just the ones on the surface, but also the ones team underneath the water.
Speaker 5: I am about to start the biggest war of this century, and I'm not gonna fire a second shot.
Speaker 6: You're gonna blow up eight years of diplomacy.
Speaker 1: Well, if you think that got there uneasent one, you just wait.
Speaker 3: What did the president know?
Speaker 4: And when did he know it?
Speaker 2: What would you have me do?
Speaker 1: I want you to fight after a herb shop tear.
Speaker 2: Down this wall?
Speaker 1: Our friend actor he stars in the movie ray In. It is in theaters as of Friday. You can get your tickets online. It's at reaganmovie dot Com. Now, if great movies like this aren't successful, you're not going to get more great movies like this. It's really that simple. Anyway, we welcome to the program. Dennis Quaid, Sir, how are you? You were phenomenal in this movie. I loved every aspect of it. How did you like doing it?
Speaker 4: Oh? Thank you, Sean, really thank you for having me on. I can't think of a better venue to promote Reagan and to get the word out for everybody to go see it. Yeah, yeah, you nailed it right there. About the times, back when Reagan was elected nineteen seventy nine, nineteen eighty, the times were so similar to today, high inflation, We have had hostages over there in the Middle East and Iran. We have hostages today that nobody's talking about it, not enough except on your program. Gas prices oil to so many similarities to a feeling of malaise in this country, and like who's in charge and what's getting done? And along came Reagan and said, we're not a nation in decline. We are going this way, and everybody followed him, and that Reagan governed and lived his wife on principles that I think is what everybody is missing today and what we can have here come November.
Speaker 1: I'm listening to you, and I'm listening tell me about the reason why and what you've had to endure. I mean, here's a movie about one of the greatest presidents I believe in American history, certainly in our lifetime. And why is there any reluctance or any resistance of anybody in the media or in Hollywood to not support this movie. Why is that?
Speaker 4: Well, it's Facebook mostly, and I was really glad of your program last night. You were really all over it, Like I wish I could see the other networks and news outlets as well. Facebook. About two weeks ago we discovered that Facebook has been censoring and outright banning and suspending accounts on advertising and promotion of Reagan. They censored a few of the podcasts that I had done, including with Joe Rogan and Jonathan Peterson as well and Reagan. The reason being was that it was an attempt to influence an election. Well, the last time I heard Reagan was on the ballot forty years ago, and even if it was, it would be he couldn't run because he completed his two terms of the term limits. So I wrote a letter to the News which wound up to be an article in Newsweek from our position, and which was basically that Facebook, by banning and censoring advertising of Reagan, that it was an attempt by them to influence an election by keeping information from the public. It's free speech in a free market, the way we see it. And Facebook apologized two hours later after the article came out in Newsweek and said it was their automatic systems that they blamed it on, you know, they were set up by I don't know what their algorithms are or whatever, but that it wouldn't happen again. And then three days later it was business as usual. The same thing is continued to happen and is happening even today. And so yesterday when the News broke about Mark Zuckerberg, you know, admitting coming clean as it were, about being coerced by the Biden administration. It a lot of things became clear, but I still think it's getting the run around. If you asked me, And this is a free county, free speech, and I'm really glad someone like you is getting the word out about it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's my pleasure. Look, I met you one time and I told you, I don't know how you do it. I watched you in The Parent Trap. You're the nicest dad in the entire world, although you didn't really exactly have the best fiance at the time. And you're in this great movie. Lindsay Lohan was phenomenal in that movie when she was younger. I mean I thought she was, And you do this great job. Then I've I all in love with the song I can only imagine. I was so glad they did a movie about it. It's by Mercy Me and it became one of the biggest selling songs of all time. And you played the mean sob dad. And how you go from being the nicest dad to the meanest sob in the world, I don't know, but you pulled it off and then I watch you in the Reagan movie. I think it's always very hard to play, you know, some historic figure like this, especially when the people are familiar with. But I mean, you nailed every aspect of the Reagan that I studied and knew my entire life.
Speaker 4: Well, I tell you, how do you do that?
Speaker 1: That is what I'm asking.
Speaker 4: Well, I tell every person over thirty you know that I was your babysitter because of a parent draft and they put it on like they were in the other room doing what they wanted to do. And thank you parent drafting gave me a second career. I can only imagine Barton Millard, who is you know who wrote I can only imagine was on the set just about it day. I'm glad for him to do it. It must have been difficult for him to watch all these traumatic season of his childhood being played out in front of him. And I really really thank God for that role.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, when you hit him over the head with the plate, I'm like, oh my gosh. Well when when your wife at the time and his mother moved out and he comes back from camp and and I just never saw such rage. Unfortunately, those those are real stories that was a real based on a true story, and.
Speaker 4: In this case, it was a horrible story with such a beautiful story of redemption in the end of it. And you know, that's how people come to Christ and sometimes and you know, it's like the impossible is possible. It can be done, as Reagan used to say. But that was offered Reagan and twenty eighteen, and at the time I had a shiver of fear go up my spine, which is usually a sign that I should do that because I'm out of my comfort zone. But with Reagan, it was I didn't say yes, and I didn't say no, but I didn't exactly see myself playing him at the time. And everybody knows what he's like, Muhammad Ali, you know, show a picture of Reagan to somebody anywhere in the world and they know who he is and what he sounds like, and he walks like. And so I wanted to get the person behind the public persona as a human being. And I was invited up to the Reagan ranch a couple of weeks later, and I went up went up there. It was the Western White House, you know, And after Reagan died, some friends bought it and kept it exactly as it was. He and Nancy's clothes are still on the all that they had a king sized bed, but it was two single beds that were zip tied together. And I wound up five miles of the worst road in California and came through the gates and I felt Ronald Reagan right there. Like I said, this place is not open to the public, but I could feel that Reagan was a humble man. He was not a rich man, and he was there and in the work that they said he did, he actually did on the property. Dug those ponds, made those senses, and I just feel his spirit permeated the entire place. And that's when I said yes. And we wound up actually shooting on the Reagan Rants for three weeks, and you're doing all those historical scenes that you know you're standing right there in that same spot, and it really did a lot to help.
Speaker 1: You did an amazing job. I got to also point out a dear friend of those programs, John Voyd, who we love. He's in the movie. Penelope Ann Miller plays Nancy Reagan. I thought she did a phenomenal job. Also. Anyway, it opens Friday. It's in if you want good movies. You gotta support good movies when they come out. This is one of them. It's Reagan.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: You can get your tickets online reaganmovie dot com or Reagan dot movie for ticket information. And I'm telling you right now, you're gonna love this movie. And it's gonna be the parallels between the events that today and the events back then. It just shows what I've always said that is conservative principles work, and I think all of it's in play in this election. It's been very nice to get to know you. You were very nice to me when we met, and I think you should be very proud of this movie, and I wish all the success with it. I'm sorry that you've had difficulty and some censorship and some politics behind all of it, but I wish I hope everyone in this audience goes to see it this weekend. Reaganmovie dot com or Reagant Movie for ticket information. And we appreciate Dennis You've been with us. Dennis Quaid, thank you.
Speaker 4: You bet anybody, anybody that was born before nineteen eighty five, you'll be able to see and remember how great this country was. Anybody born after nineteen eighty five, you'll get a glimpse of how great this country still can be.
Speaker 1: Amen Well, said Dennis quad. Appreciate it.