Speaker 1: You are what I call her, Yes.
Speaker 2: Way up with the angela Yee on a Friday.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go literally new Mayno today because you have an EP out today. Seven pack a little seven packs a little Maynovations. You know, I never left the community, so she knows where it's at. Thank you lies for that. I was the community yesterday. And we're gonna have some fun today talking about last night, talking about new music that's out today. Of course we got to show start the show off with some love of some positivity. We gotta eat cake. That's badly are eating cake right now?
Speaker 3: Not good?
Speaker 2: It was a Jasmine Brand's birthday yesterday. I've been eating cake for.
Speaker 3: Days, messing up mine.
Speaker 2: But this kick is amazing diet.
Speaker 3: She's crazy.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yes, let's start to show up with some love and with some positivity. Let's shine a light. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty as a number.
Speaker 3: Call us up.
Speaker 2: Let us know who you want to spread some love to. We're gonna shine a light as well. It's a main Ovation Friday. It's way up.
Speaker 4: I'm a sham.
Speaker 5: Turn your lights on, y'all, light spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 3: Hina, light on, shine the light on.
Speaker 4: It's time to shine a light on, all right as well?
Speaker 2: Yea puddy angela, yee, I'm here, My God is here, way up and we are way up on a main ovation Friday today. But let's shine a light on. Jessica Hyatt. She's only fifteen years old and she got a forty thousand dollars college scholarship. She is going to become the first black woman chess master in the world. She said, I played whenever I get the chance, like in my free time, like during my classes. She says, she plays at least five ton hours a day. To become a chess master, you have a twenty two hundred ranking, must be a chief. She's already at nineteen. She was already at nineteen fifty and twenty twenty, so congratulations to her. She is a national master. She's from Brooklyn.
Speaker 6: Of course she is like I mean, like we the greatest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So at eighteen years old she was able to become a national master, So congratulations to her. All right, Well, who do you guys want to spend some love to? Who do you want to shine a light on? Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty done. Who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 8: I need to shine a light on my fiancee. Her name is Doaneta Thomas. She just had a baby for me in the June. When she first got pregnant last year, I'm not gonna lie. I was kind of nervous with her. I didn't know how this was going to go. But she has been such a nurturing mother to my child, and you know, she's been a rock for me. We just moved from New Orleans to Atlanta, and you know, she followed me to come here, and we just I love her so much and I just wanted to give her a recognition that she definitely deserves.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can see how that could be nerve wrecking. You always prepare for the worst, but it's amazing when the best happens. Yes, yes, all right, Well, shout out to both of you. Thank you, thank you, and happy holidays for you guys, all right, Happy holidays? All right? Well that was shine a light eight hundred and two nine two fifty one fifty. If you couldn't get through, you can leave a message and still shine a light during last word, and when we come back, we have your yee t and fifty Cent sat down with Cameron. Will give you some of the highlights from their interview. It's way up, says Proof in the rooms from.
Speaker 4: Industry shade to all.
Speaker 5: Of gossip out send that Angela's feeling.
Speaker 2: That yet all right, it's way up with Angela. Yee, I'm here, Maino's here. Yeah, it is a menovation release stage. But let's get into some yet. Now. Fifty sat down with Cameron on his new interview series called Talk with Flee and one of the things that they talked about was jay Z. All right. Now, remember fifty was saying that he was blocked from doing the Super Bowl halftime show alongside Doctor Drey and Eminem, and I think Eminem really went to bat for him, if I recalled during that time. Yes, So here is what fifty said on jay Z, saying that, you know, the NFL just didn't want him.
Speaker 9: I knew what the boy was doing with the Super Bowl, okay, because he said to Eminem that the NFL had the issue with me, And I'm like, well, what's the issue? Why I don't have an issue when I'm coming to partner in the actual team. V Day had issue with my performance in some sense.
Speaker 2: Right, And so they had a further conversation about why would jay Z want to block fifty cent? Cameron asked about that and here's what he said.
Speaker 3: Our coach is competitive, man, it's like it is.
Speaker 9: But I think when it goes past the music itself to blocking things in business, then I don't I don't understand that, Like right now, you're not even competing for a slot.
Speaker 3: Just don't make sense of what we're competing for tel Us to go what you know, it's funny I watched that interview.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, And what'd you think?
Speaker 6: I mean, I hear him. That's his perception of what happened. You know, he know better than I do, right, right?
Speaker 2: Feel what do you think about that explanation?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: But the thing about the right The thing about that is it says a lot though the nature of the business is competitive, were competing, but when it starts to block business, that lets me understand that he understands and he knows, and I know fifty he's like, what we're doing, you know, going at each other sometimes this ain't this is just the business.
Speaker 2: This is just But then it gets personal when it's black, right.
Speaker 6: But that that's something else. You feel me blocking the business is something else. This is basically what he's saying.
Speaker 2: All right now, when you talked about Eminem and how Eminem really stepped up and went to bat for fifty with the Super Bowl halftime show, Well, another person who was just talking about Eminem is a Lotto. She was on the Jennifer Hudson Show and I've been watching Rhythm of you know she's a guest judge. Well, he was a guest judge on Rhythm Is it kind of his thing because they were in Detroit. Judge Lotto, but it felt like she was on from the beginning. Eminem's the guest, She's on it. Yeah, she's on the show. Eminem was a guest jest because they were in Detray. And so anyway, she talked about Eminem, revealing that he's a big fan of hers, and this happened during the show, and here's what she had to say on Jay hud First of all, I.
Speaker 10: Was so gagged. I didn't even know. I was like, Oh, I bombed that he thinks I'm weird because I just was like I didn't know what to say. So I'm like like my daddy listened to m Nel so much growing up.
Speaker 2: It's like probably his favorite record.
Speaker 10: So it was just like, oh, don't lie to me for real, like, and he was like yeah, and I askepoke picture later and he was like yeah, and he probably thinks I'm a little awkward.
Speaker 2: I mean, he told her that she is incredible, and I can imagine how that could feel somebody as legendary as Eminem and he was there for like the battle rounds.
Speaker 3: And you'd be like, damn you like me? You know who I am?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean right, And she's you know, like younger than him too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but she is incredible. I think like when it come to rap the rap girls, she's like at the top of the food chain as far as the way that she got everything. She got the whole everything, the look, skills that she bass songs.
Speaker 2: Everything performance wise. All right, Well, here was Eminem on Rhythm and Flow saying this to her.
Speaker 3: I love you, by the way, I got to tell you that, thank you?
Speaker 2: And what's dopeest when you see her on that show, she really do care. It's like she's mentoring these younger artists and she's watching them from the beginning and giving advice. It's like she's very into it.
Speaker 3: She comes from a show, yeah, exactly similar to this.
Speaker 2: Understands what that's like. All right, well that is your Yet when we come back, we have about last night, and we had a time last night made though we had birth last night. Somebody got an award. It's way up.
Speaker 5: So about last night I went down.
Speaker 2: All right, his way up at the Angela. Yet I'm here my about last night. We got a lot to talk about.
Speaker 3: We did a lot.
Speaker 2: So first last night I popped up on you. Yeah, you were getting an award.
Speaker 3: It was getting an award.
Speaker 6: Shout out the Barry Cooper in this organization, the bro be all. They was giving me an award for resilience and vision resionary award. And what happened was I knew I was going to be at this thing, and I knew I was getting honed or whatever.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know that you was coming. Now. I spoke to you, said, yeah, I'm gonna stop by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we were going to Native.
Speaker 6: For jazz exactly, which is like around the corner. You said, I'm gonna stop by. But when I got there, you pulled up, and and the way you pulled up it was yeah, you seemed a little fishy. And then you what really happened was you was actually the one that was supposed to be presenting it to me. So it was a conspiracy for you to present me.
Speaker 2: Toward And I told you, I said, Barry hit me up in the DMS. It was like, we're giving me an award. We would love for you to give him the award, and I said I would love to.
Speaker 6: And then and then you made this speech and it was like, ah, come on, Angela, like you can't be doing that, Like you can't be making.
Speaker 3: These heartfelt speeches. You understand. I get saucy.
Speaker 2: I was I'm not even going to make a joke.
Speaker 3: To this place do that to me off the side.
Speaker 2: But you know what else was great. It was amazing people in that room. We also getting awards the people that I've recently worked with. Also, you know on the revel, Jacoby was there.
Speaker 6: People was actually out there doing the work in the community every every single day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so appreciate that. I was glad I was able to be there for that. And then we went over to Native Now you know, we had this idea to do the eat up where we just go to different businesses. You know normally on days when it's not as busy businesses that it's like, let's get everybody some money for this day. Yeah, And so it was Jasmine's birthday, so I was like, well, go do Meno's award and then we'll pop around the corner to need it.
Speaker 3: Everything won't happen in the same time.
Speaker 2: And we had a time. And I am still a cousin.
Speaker 3: Jasmin, Happy birthday to jazz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and as you should be on your birthday crazy. I think on your birthday you should be.
Speaker 3: To just let go a little bit, right.
Speaker 2: And she went to the DJ and had to play some Go Go For a second, I was like, why are you playing Go Go music? But we had a good time. Then we went back to the house, Jasmine and I and she wanted to do more shots, so we did.
Speaker 3: When I got back home, she wanted to do more. Yes, that's how you gotta go. You gotta sometimes go to the sun come up.
Speaker 2: It was her birthday and she still made her flight this morning, so I shout out to her, all right, well that was about last night. When we come back, this is your day, mano, hey tell us a secret. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. It is a no judgment zone. What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we listened with don't judge?
Speaker 2: Okay, what does that listen you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna listen to that judge Okay, got it?
Speaker 2: Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. See if you can make me no crack and judge you today, tell us a secret. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty.
Speaker 4: This is a judgment freeze all tell us a secret.
Speaker 2: Everybody be quiet, it's time for tell us a secret. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. I'm here, listen and don't judge. We listen and don't judge. You heard it here first, ladies and gentlemen. This guy is resilient. So anyway. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty is a number you get to remain anonymous. And what's the rule?
Speaker 3: You listen and don't judge.
Speaker 2: We listening, don't judge. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty anonymous. Color, tell us your secret.
Speaker 8: My severe for today.
Speaker 7: If I name my daisy, I stir my egg.
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 10: Put my eggs with my boyfriend?
Speaker 7: Time was my eggs when I first found out. So that's why I'm saying eggs.
Speaker 3: But we're together now ye're still together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the time. Now I found out pregnant, me was together, but I still name my baby after him.
Speaker 6: I thought that you had named your baby after your ex and then you was with another dude. That would have been crazy. I would have fired on you for that.
Speaker 2: So wait, that's not your exes child.
Speaker 7: No, but we got back together.
Speaker 2: So somebody your baby is named after your ex somebody, but the father has to watch his son, or you're raised.
Speaker 6: By somebody with his name. You are something else though, I'm no, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: We listen. I'm not judging. Listening, you're not judging.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you, how did your the guy the father fail about.
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't know, but he do know because he knows what his son's name is.
Speaker 7: It's my boyfriend.
Speaker 8: Now his middle name?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's his middle name. You know. That's hilarious. So you kind of always knew you wanted to get back with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you sneak.
Speaker 2: Slided on that, and she put that into the atmosphere and it worked out for her.
Speaker 3: You see why I'm the way I am. This is why.
Speaker 2: They Jami Okay.
Speaker 3: So homie name is Jamiir. His middle name is Jamia.
Speaker 2: Shout out to young Jamyr. Thank John, thank you listen, and we don't judge Nathaniel right? Why hey, anymous color? What's up?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 7: So every time I was mad at my uncle, I know that song was made for his game, mother or whatever, but I used to play it for my uncle.
Speaker 3: Kill you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Wow, every time you got mad, you played that.
Speaker 3: You know what song she's talking about?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so early on, but that was a song made for my for my son's mother at the time that I was going through a lot with her, you understand. Just to give everybody some context, that's what she's talking about. And it was on my first album. And I had a lot of problems over that song.
Speaker 3: You know, use this song about killing me? I remember, Yeah, it was a lot happening.
Speaker 2: But you know what, that song could help somebody, prevent somebody from killing someone. It wasn't because it's just a way to get your emotions. That's art.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just art. I was just vetting, that's all that was. Don't take it literal.
Speaker 7: I was trying not too, but I wanted him to get hit by a max.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well we listen and don't judge, man, and you.
Speaker 3: Did a song that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Thank you you too, look at you really influencing? All right, Well that was tell us a secret eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. If you couldn't get through, you could always leave a secret for last word. We listen and don't judge.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we have your eut and people are clapping back. Right now, we'll tell you what Gabrielle Union had to say about rumors, and we'll also tell you what Ariana Grande had to say about comments about her. Wait, it's way up.
Speaker 4: Well she's about to the lead ab office.
Speaker 3: But let's get it.
Speaker 5: Angela's feeling that yee te come and get the tea.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is way up at Angela. Yee, I'm here, he knows here. Let's get into this yet. So Gabrielle Union recently had a meet and greet and she was promoting her Larry Simms partnership with JC Penny, and she was talking to people about her preferred hairstyle. She does these ponytails and she spoke on rumors that she got plastic surgery. She said, a high pony for a lady at a certain age is like a face lift. And she said, as much as what happens or doesn't happen with my face is speculated. If you can't be missing for six months to get a facelift, which I've never been missing for six months, get it right, the high pony is going to snatch you here and here. So I guess she's saying she doesn't have a face lift. It just kind of pulls your face back as it can do. So yes, So that was her answer because people keep on saying that. All right now, Ariana Rende in the meantime, since we're talking about people speculating about looks, was on the Red carpet. She was doing an interview recently and a reporter asked her about how she copes with beauty standards. Here's what she said.
Speaker 3: I've heard every version of it of what's wrong with me. It's hard to protect yourself from that noise.
Speaker 11: Even if you go to Thanksgiving dinner and someone's granny says, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, you look skinnier, what happened? Or you look heavier?
Speaker 4: What happened.
Speaker 11: It's like, that is something that is uncomfortable and horrible, no matter where it's happening, no matter the scale that's happening on. And however, you all can protect yourselves from that noise. You keep yourself safe because no one has the right to say.
Speaker 2: You know, people have been commenting about her looks, about her weight, you know. So yeah, it is a difficult thing because things fluctuate. You go up and down. You're fasting right now, you're skinny.
Speaker 3: I'm trying. You're not helping them.
Speaker 2: How what did I do?
Speaker 6: Just just feeding me cake?
Speaker 2: You didn't do any shots? All right? Now, let's talk about this pranking show. It's called prank You, and it's a digital series that was created by the co founder of Punked where they actually prank celebrities. You've seen an Elie Chappa get prank d DG. So the latest person to get pranked is Summer Walker. Now, Sexy Red is the person who set her up, because Sexy Red got pranked previously and you can see that on YouTube on prank You, and she loved it so much that she said she wanted to go ahead and prank her friend Summer Walker. So they set it up where it looked like she was getting picked up in a driverless van, and Summer Walker immediately was a little uneasy about that. Listen to this.
Speaker 4: And enjoy your ride.
Speaker 3: Good driverless guy's driving itself. No, no, I'm not with.
Speaker 2: None of that. AI, none of that. Don't play with me, all right? And then Sama Walker actually gets very scared while she's in the car. I don't want to should I give away with no? Don't? All right, So you got to watch it if you want to see what happens. But here she is still very nervous while in the car.
Speaker 4: Vehicle is off right, He's.
Speaker 2: Crazy, So you got to watch the whole thing. You would be a great person to prank. It would be so easy to you. The only problem is if you take it too far. I don't know what you want to do.
Speaker 3: Please, I don't want to be prank. I want to I want to do the prank in.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like I could say something.
Speaker 3: Up leave me alone? All right?
Speaker 2: Well that is your e t. When we come back, we have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They're flying to the radar. But you need to know about them anyway, it's way up.
Speaker 5: This in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up. I'm here, Maino's here. Yeah, let's go under the radar, all right. The Attorney General in DC is suing Amazon, accusing them of depriving residents in certain zip codes from access to Prime's high speed delivery. First of all, it's not cheap one hundred and thirty nine dollars a year, two day shipping, streaming content, all of those things. But certain people in Ward seven and eight residents do not get this expedited delivery service that they promise. It does not provide that. They said. While Amazon has every right to make operational changes, they cannot covertly decide that a dollar in one zip code is worth less than a dollar in another. Now, a spokesperson for Amazon, Steve Kelly, said in a statement that is categorically false that his business practices are discriminatory or deceptive. They said, we want to be able to deliver as fast as we possibly can to every zip code across the country. However, at the same time, we must put the safety delivery drivers first, and the zip codes in question there have been specific and targeted acts against drivers delivering Amazon packages. So they have to figure out what happens here, because you can't pay for a service that you're not getting. One thing that could help, though, Amazon has been successfully testing these delivery drones. They just tested these in Italy and they've also been doing tests in Arizona and in Texas and so it's called Prime Air Drone Package Deliveries. They first launched this in December twenty twenty two, and it's currently operational in a couple of different US locations, So we could soon see that everywhere. Man, No, you are very hype today.
Speaker 3: You know it's the song right has a You know, this song has a very special I was one of the writers on the song.
Speaker 6: Oh you were absolutely those my words I come from Vesta and you do do They gonna gotta keep it ratchet close by name one or all right?
Speaker 2: All right, ghost spider. Speaking of New York, New York is becoming the first state ever to add paid leaf for pregnant women's prenatal care. So Kathy Hochl, the governor here, launched a state wide campaign to promote New York's new paid prenatal leap policy that takes effect on January first, so any privately employed pregnant New Yorker will be eligible for an additional twenty hours of paid sickly for pregnancy related medical appointments on top of their existing sick leave benefits. So, according to Kathy Hokoe, people should not have to choose between making sure that they're good and their healthcare and getting paid at work. Love it all right, Well, that is you're under the radar now.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We have the Way Up Mix at the top of the hour. Plus it's a new Music Friday, so we got to talk to you because today is the day we got man Ovation out today. We were hanging out on yesterday. You got a seven pack out. Today we're going to talk about it and all the rest of the new music. And we got asked ye on the way all right, the way Up mixed? Right now, let's go. She's like the talk like a Angela Jean, like they Angela jee Man.
Speaker 5: She's spilling it all this is yet well.
Speaker 2: All right, it is way up at Angela Ye, I'm here on a men Ovation Fridays. All right, let's get into some of this yet. So the CEO of Zeus network. Lem Me, Lemuel Plumber, you know him? Man? Are you familiar with Letty?
Speaker 3: Why would I be familiar with Why are you?
Speaker 2: Have you, guys ever been in the same room? Yeah, you crazy lt guys. But anyway, he did a sit down with passing Jamal Bryant about his career another different things, and he was questioned about Zeus and the content that they have on that network. And here's what he said.
Speaker 12: Obviously, our consumers have an appetite to want to watch that type of program.
Speaker 3: We didn't create the formula.
Speaker 12: You know, there's tons of shows, scripted and unscripted shows on HBO, Netflix that are controversial.
Speaker 2: I think what they appreciate is.
Speaker 12: There's a relatability factor there, there's heart in our shows, there's levity, there's other components.
Speaker 2: All right. And during the interview, he was looking down, so people were noticing that he wasn't looking up, and he said, I had just come from the dentist and my mouth was swollen, which is why my head was down. Geez. So I guess he was feeling a little self conscious. His mouth was swollen, so he wasn't looking down because people were really analyzing his how he wasn't making eye contact and things like that.
Speaker 3: I got to check it out.
Speaker 2: Check who interview. Oh okay, all right, now let's talk about math. Huff is my expert opinion. So he recently was talking to Young Chris and Young Chris was talking about jay Z's B side content.
Speaker 3: Did you go to that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I went to that? And he talks about how jay Z brought out him, Beanie Siego, Freeway, Memphis Bleak, and niph and then told them to meet at the studio. And here's what he had to say happened.
Speaker 4: Acho said, And you can ask Freak.
Speaker 6: He told me, do a record everybody dow like four to eight on it and send it to me.
Speaker 4: When never did the record, why didn't you'll do that?
Speaker 10: Particularly when I had to ask the members, like I know, man Free was talking about we just never.
Speaker 4: Got it done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then they actually called Freeway because they couldn't believe that they didn't go to the studio.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And you can watch the full episode and see this. But Freeway was like, you confirmed it. Yeah, he confirmed that they went to a party. What would you have done?
Speaker 3: I was going to the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mano is good to go to the studio too. I will say that when people, I know, you got a bunch of songs and a bunch of collapsed with people that we haven't had a chance to hear. All right now, Martin Lawrence was on Big Boys Neighborhood and talked about the fact that his daughter Jasmine Lawrence and Eddie Murphy's son Eric Murphy are getting married. Did you know that at that there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's dope.
Speaker 2: That's that's gonna be a funny wedding. Imagine when they got to do like the toasts. That's going to be like. But anyway, Martin said that he has to pay for the wedding. Here's what he said.
Speaker 9: Well, Eddie said, I gotta pay for it because he he paid for his.
Speaker 3: Last daughter's web like the last six weddings. So he said, it is my turn now. So it's supposed to be the fall of the bride, right that pays it.
Speaker 2: Is supposed to But Edie, I'm done, he said, I'm done.
Speaker 3: So who's whose daughter is getting married? Daughter? Yes? So yeah, he's supposed to pay for it, Yeah he is.
Speaker 2: That's that's a traditional thing. I don't know that people really stick to that Eddie Murphy has ten kids though. That's a lot, six daughters and four sons. So you know Martin has three daughters. That's three weddings he's got to pay for. I guess all right, well that is your yet when we come back, it is a new music Friday, so let's get some main ovay on for you guys today. But we'll tell you what songs, what albums are out today. It's where I'll go today.
Speaker 5: Everybody since whether it's relationship with career advice, Angela's dropping facts.
Speaker 4: You should know this is ASD.
Speaker 2: What's up? This way up with Angela? Yee, I'm here, Mano's here, No.
Speaker 3: Baby, already know what it is, we know why what.
Speaker 2: It is and it's signed for ask Ye eight hundred and two, nine fifty Yes, a board winning advice giver. How can I forget that? And we have John on the line. What's up?
Speaker 6: John?
Speaker 7: Going on?
Speaker 3: Going on?
Speaker 2: Whatepp? So what is your question today for me and Mano?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Man, I've been rocking with you some hands of God.
Speaker 3: Man, that's right.
Speaker 8: Love thinking about getting back together with my wife.
Speaker 12: We're separated, but I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what I should do.
Speaker 2: Okay, explain why you're separated and what has made you have this change of hearts.
Speaker 4: I kind of messed up playing around.
Speaker 8: Well, we separated a lot of October.
Speaker 7: I signed the borce s papers and.
Speaker 8: She kind of didn't want to sign them, and she was saying that she kind wanted to reevaluate things.
Speaker 2: How bad was it cheating? Did you have like a relationship or was it a jump for I mean.
Speaker 3: That ain't that bad. So she was ready to leave you over that?
Speaker 2: You know, she you don't know what.
Speaker 6: That's the thing, though, I mean, to stay together forever, you gotta at least deal with a few cheats.
Speaker 2: Okay. So if you're with the woman and she cheats on you a few times, you're okay.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is this man right? Women and men are designed entirely anyway.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is a woman has a right to say if you do something like that, they don't have to stay with you. So now it's work to get it back to where it was.
Speaker 8: I mean, we.
Speaker 7: Started going to therapy and all that.
Speaker 8: It was just kind of hitting the wall.
Speaker 3: But she don't really want to be divorced, do you.
Speaker 8: I mean, I ain't gonna hold you out. I miss my family.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's something to fight for. Now. How does she really feel right now?
Speaker 8: She kind of wants to talk it out and hash things go.
Speaker 2: What's going to be different? John? If you guys get back together, how are you going to move differently?
Speaker 6: Cra out of your to just keep a little something though, right? No, nahn, never mind me, bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't mind. Don't don't make him know mine?
Speaker 3: John.
Speaker 2: I hate that you're laughing at this. I don't know if you're ready, John, No, he's I've.
Speaker 8: Been getting a lot of different sides. A lot of my friends are talking like Nino and like my mom and my aunt was talking like you. So I mean, I'm kind of in the middle.
Speaker 2: It's about you, though, Forget all the noise. What do you feel like you need to do? And what do you want to do and what are you willing to do? You know yourself better than all of us.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna hold yous my kids there, you go right there? Fight for your kids. Man.
Speaker 2: Is it that you miss your kids or is it that you also miss your wife?
Speaker 3: Missed the whole system? Yeah, just like coming home and yeah, weekends and all I'm gonna tell you like this, that's better than the street, bro. Take it from me. It looks desirable. So lonely having fun. Hey hey, hey, hey, hey, that's.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna do that if I ain't wanna do, if I a't gonna do nothing else, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying is you already have a family or system, a foundation that is better than anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to be maino man out every night with these different women.
Speaker 3: Just don't cheat that much. The money stop, stop.
Speaker 2: John, Go get your girl back. Man, get your girl back, get your family back. But do the work. You can't do that and not do the work.
Speaker 4: Do the work.
Speaker 3: Don't get caught next time, my boy, don't do it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate nothing like living in a way that you don't have to look over your shoulder or worry about what's in your phone, or worry about getting caught. Okay, okay, well that was ask ye eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty. If you couldn't get through, you can always leave your question that way and we will get to you when we come back. We are going to talk to my award winning advice giving friend Mano. He has an EP out today. It's called Renovation. It's a seventh pack and we're going to learn more about what went behind the It's way up.
Speaker 4: This is way up with Angela Ye.
Speaker 3: Let's go. You are a media maven, right, you.
Speaker 6: Never know what Angie's gonna say.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 2: It's way up at Angela Yee. And it's that time of the year. You know, we want to go on a shopping spree, right, But the best way to do it is to actually win. And you can win a twenty five hundred dollars holiday shopping spree at Coals when the holidays get real. Start at Colds and coals dot com where families come first. We're always trying to help you out, okay, So all you got to do to get the rules and enter to win is go to weigh Up with Ye dot com sponsored by Coals. It's the holidays and Coals knows that we get super busy a lot of times. There's last minute shopping that we have to do. That's why they've got everything you need all in one place to help you focus on the moments that matter. So hurry and shop amazing deals to find your top favorites for less. What we do know, while everything's expensive and we're trying to save money, a little bit of savings goes a long way. So don't wait harrycos dot com where families come first, and you know what we're doing next. We're talking to my family. Mayno, you got a new EP out today? Mainnovation. We need a little manovation and we're gonna talk about this EP when we come back. It's way up.
Speaker 6: Ye's what you're all being waiting Fork.
Speaker 4: You're tapped in the way up with Angela. Ye.
Speaker 2: What's up is what you put Angela yee. I'm here and it is a mainnovation. Maya, you got a new EP? I will say you've always been consistent with making creature.
Speaker 6: I want to I want to start dropping wa though Okay, I don't feel like I dropped as much. Like you know, everything ain't about the home run. It's just being consistent.
Speaker 3: With just dropping the music. So we probably need to be dropping something, maybe an EP three.
Speaker 4: Times a year.
Speaker 2: You know what I realized about you two. You sit on songs for a long time.
Speaker 6: Sometimes since I'll be trying to wait for the right moment, and it ain't having no right moment. So you know what, We're just gonna start giving the music to the people.
Speaker 2: Start feel I could see you doing a short film and then having a project that goes with a short film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will. Actually I actually wrote one based around the song that I got. It never came out yet.
Speaker 2: But I do want to say I love how this project renovation starts out. I'm gonna starts off on Maino Day. You get in your own day, And this was the first annual Mayino Day was this year. It was also your mom's birthday birthday. It was a beautiful event. You know, I was outside of course you I wouldn't. I mean, of course I was in Brooklyn. You know what it is. So here's here's part of Maino Day.
Speaker 3: To give you a boy a jay.
Speaker 4: They gave you a boy.
Speaker 2: See that's fire.
Speaker 6: I love that I had to start it off like that, man, you know, I mean listen, I try to make music that people would feel.
Speaker 2: How do you decide what songs? Because I know this EP there were different songs or whatever, and I know you have a lot of music, like we said, you gotta stash. How did you pick these seven?
Speaker 6: I wanted it to come first I only wanted to be five and then I was like, man, I like this song here, so then around with it and see how it feels like. What songs sounds better after this one? And then if you feel like I'm touching on the same thing over and over again, I might.
Speaker 3: Take something wrong.
Speaker 2: But I think the theme of mainnovation goes throughout this project.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you know, give me some games, some motivations, you know what I mean. I'm speaking in my voice.
Speaker 2: Some of the mainnovations should be in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we might have to take some of over. Listen.
Speaker 2: I like to sit with you because you know what I like. I like people who have ideas, because you know, I have a ton of ideas all the time, and put them together.
Speaker 3: I feel like I love.
Speaker 6: That, like coming up with something me and come up with audio for a show or anything and actually.
Speaker 2: Doing and you come up with stuff like that. We uh, we're thinking about doing something with you on tender.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you we need to figure this out.
Speaker 2: I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Telling you that's it.
Speaker 2: Look out for us on TikTok okay.
Speaker 3: Listen but don't judge.
Speaker 2: Listen, but don't judge. We had to do that challenge and you already know what it is. But anyway, make sure you guys listen to Meinnovation.
Speaker 3: Right available right now.
Speaker 2: Platforms shout out to all the renovators out there who ride with whatever it is that you have to say. All right, when we come back, we have the last word. Well, you guys have the last word. It's way up.
Speaker 1: Take up the phone, get your voice heard.
Speaker 4: What the word is? Here is the last word on way up with Angela.
Speaker 2: Ye, what's up? Its way up at Angela, Way up. What a great day. It's anovation, this new music.
Speaker 3: What it is.
Speaker 6: That seven packs out right now because the streets need a little mainnovation, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of man, we need a lot of renovation.
Speaker 3: Motivated to be inspired.
Speaker 2: Man, let me tell you what I'm gonna do today. I'm gonna go home and go to sleep. I did too much yesterday.
Speaker 3: Sor He was out, he was giving out the worlds.
Speaker 6: You was making speeches, you was hosting, You was eating, he was doing shots.
Speaker 3: It's a what happened.
Speaker 6: You came in here, you had cake, you did coffee, and and you had to.
Speaker 3: Go to work.
Speaker 2: But you know what, Thank you for everybody who helped us out yesterday Native it's a restaurant. I love the African food. Yes, thank you, Tiffany. They got an amazing case.
Speaker 3: All that amazing.
Speaker 2: I need to learn how to make that, but yes, that was I was just eating rice too at one point. It's so good. But you know, we we started off to eat out there, so hopefully we'll be able to continue this in many different places in many cities, supporting these black owned restaurants going out and having a good time. And we had a good time, I will say that. And congratulations on your word again. You know you are a visionary.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But you guys have a great and safe weekend, listen to all that new music, tell us what you're loving, and we'll be back on Monday. Of course. Be safe. We love you and you have the last.
Speaker 7: Word holding for myself.
Speaker 8: I chieved it on my girlfriend with her first cousin.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm kaya. I want to sign out like on my god mothers Diana Sikes, who is a owner of an aba company so we work with children with autism. I want to sign a line on her just doing good in the community and really making an effort to change the lives of those kiddos who have autism. We are a nonprofit organization and we help those kills with their behaviors. And I want to sign a line on her because she is just so amazing. Bye.