Speaker 1: Hey there, folks, it is Thursday, January fifteenth, and an Ice agent has shot somebody else in Minneapolis. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ at Breaking development overnight robes. It's crazy. It was exactly a week ago that Renee Good was shot and killed. But yes, it was another chaotic night, chaotic scenes. And yes, somebody else has been shot, is the headline.
Speaker 2: Yes, and this is exactly what Minneapolis authorities have been warning of and have been afraid of, and yes it has happened again.
Speaker 3: The man was shot in the leg.
Speaker 2: Thankfully he is recovering in the hospital with non life threatening injuries.
Speaker 3: We want to point that out.
Speaker 2: This thankfully did not result in a death like we saw a week ago. But yes, as you might imagine, then the streets of Minneapolis got filled with more protesters and things got uglier overnight.
Speaker 3: And it's just a mess in Minneapolis, and.
Speaker 1: It has been ugly since a week ago. So yes, as we sit here, it's Thursday, January fifteenth. Renee Good was killed on January seventh. So last week we have seen clashes and we have seen confrontations, we should say, in the street. You've seen some of these videos and they continue. But you see these clashes popping up. We hear flash bangs, you see tear gash, you see rubber bullets. You see actually some people on the streets there physically assaulting some ICE agents, and if they're not doing them that, then oftentimes they're in their face and trying to instruct what they're doing. What we're saying is those scenes are just a moment away from exploding into something larger. This wasn't necessarily the case. We'll describe what DHS says, but Robes. The point is, even if somebody hadn't been shot overnight, we might still be doing this story because that is what's happening on.
Speaker 2: The streets exactly. We're just one one tense moment away from another significant story coming out of Minneapolis. But yes yesterday, what this is according to Department of Homeland Security, they say that they had a targeted arrest.
Speaker 3: They said that they found a man who was here.
Speaker 2: Illegally from Venezuela, and they say that the man fled on foot after they pursued him and he attacked the Department of Homeland Security. The ICE officer when he reached him and with a shovel, they said, and then two people they say, came out of a home and actually also started assaulting the Department of Homeland Security officer, who then said he feared for his life.
Speaker 1: So they so to set up the scenario again, folks, you're talking about. At least according to DHS, this was a situation in which their officer was attacked and then he was attacked by other people who came out of a building and started hitting him with shovel, a snowshovel specifically, they said, and a broom handle. So they set up a scenario with which this man was attacked by three people and he fired his weapon. They then fled and barricaded themselves in a home, and this situation kind of continued. This is not the same type of scenario we were talking about with Renee Good. However, this does set up a situation. Look, this was different. They said they were there doing a legal they were doing a targeted enforcement action, and we're picking up this particular individual who was in the country illegally. The story now robes plays out a little differently, and maybe the debate plays out a little differently, where you heard Minnesota officials instead of attacking DHS for what they did to this one individual or defending this one individual. They were more so pleading with the public, please don't give the Trump administration debate.
Speaker 2: Yes, actually we heard once again from Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frye who said, go home. We cannot counter Donald Trump's chaos with our own brand of chaos.
Speaker 3: And that is what we did see and.
Speaker 2: Have been seeing on the streets of Minneapolis, where we have protesters throwing ice, throwing snow, throwing fireworks, even and in some cases rocks at ICE agents. Obviously that is not going to end well, that is only going to escalate the situation and it's not going to make ICE leave.
Speaker 1: No, and you're actually giving them a valid reason to arrest or harass your ass. I mean, some of these videos we are seeing and this is we cannot, we cannot and please do not suggest we are doing that. We cannot put it all on the protesters. Obviously we're not doing that. The folks will always go back to will they shouldn't be there in the first place, the ICE agents and none of this would be possible. But they are being met on the streets, sometimes robes with violence. Yes, they are being met with confrontations angry, and we have given some of the ice agent's credit for Wow, that person is really and you can't imagine why you just wouldn't shove somebody or curse somebody out. And it's just ugly. And it hasn't slowed down yet.
Speaker 2: Yes, and not to but imagine I was trying to imagine being an ice agent knowing you or there doing your job. You are actually following the law, and when you have people taunting you, throwing things at you, cursing at you, that does take a lot of restraint to stay calm and to not react. But you're asking both sides, who are impassioned and feel they are doing the right thing, to not take de bait.
Speaker 1: But it's never the right thing. We should always say that it's never the right thing to put your hands on a member of law enforcement because.
Speaker 2: You're pissed, or to run away from law enforcements, to not follow law enforcements orders. At that point, you have to follow the rule of the land. That is the only way things go forward. I thought it was interesting something else that may Or Fry said, because this is exactly what we are seeing right now the streets of Minneapolis. He said, we cannot be at a place right now in America where we have two governmental entities that are literally fighting one another. I hadn't thought about it that way, but that is exactly what we are seeing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you have more ICE agents than you do, police officers than Minnecus.
Speaker 2: Six hundred police officers, three thousand ice officers.
Speaker 1: Where we are on the streets right now and there's no resolute The two sides don't seem to be talking outside of press conferences and lobbing. You know, Minnesota officials, they are absolutely obviously they were pissed on day one after Renee Good. But Robes yesterday you did see it looks a different tone. I give Governor Waltz credit, but you know Jacob Fry. Mayor Fry is not helped with the tone in a lot of ways. And we understand you want to give him that grace to be angry and pissed about what's happening to his citizens. But right now there's a responsibility to help keep your city and safe. And part of that he told them flat out get off the streets, like stop doing what you're doing, go home. Yes, he's telling them like it's getting too hot, and last night hot is what we saw. Now, DHS did put out a statement completely explaining what happened in the situation, just like they did around Renee Good, and they did this fairly quickly. But a long tweet that they sent out, and in the first line of it, we're going to share it and what DHS says happened. But in the first line rode how did Joe Biden get a part of this situation? The first line to explain what happened last night includes Joe Biden's name.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can see President Trump's stamp on every single bit of information that is released by pretty much any government agency these days, and certainly this sounds just like something he would say. So this is the first line of the statement. At six fifty pm Central time, federal law enforcement officers were conducting a targeted traffic stop in Minneapolis of an illegal in from Venezuela who was released into the country by Joe Biden in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, what does that mean? Is that true? It literally sounds like Joe Biden went to a jail to put the key in the damn cell unlocked. It opened it and then gave the guy a ride in the car to wherever he wanted to go. This is what it sounds like, and that's the point of this. But to think, this man, where's Joe Biden right now? Getting cancer treatment somewhere doing whatever? And he comes out of this administration's mouth every day.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely every day, and sometimes multiple times today it is.
Speaker 3: You feel like, no, surely not this time, and then it just keeps on happening.
Speaker 2: But the statement goes on to say that this person who was here illegally, in an attempt to evade arrest, the subject fled the scene in his vehicle and crashed into a parked car. The subject then fled on foot. The law enforcement officer caught up to the subject on foot and attempted to apprehend him when the subject began to resist and violently assault the officer. While the subject and law enforcement were in a struggle on the ground, two subjects came out of a nearby apartment also attacked the law enforcement officer with a snow shovel and a broom handle. It goes on to say, as the officer was being ambushed and attacked by the two individuals, the original subject got loose and began striking the officer with the shovel or broomstick. Fearing for his life and safety as he was being ambushed by three individuals, the officer fired defensive shots to defend his life. The initial subject was hit in the left.
Speaker 1: Now, how is this going to be? I'm very curious today because as we're recording this, folks, again, this was an overnight development, so a lot of people having gotten this news and a lot of debate about it. Has it necessarily taken place? How is this story going to be spun differently about them being there versus the renee good story. Will it all be lumped together saying, see, look, Ice is behaving badly, or will this one kind of go by the wayside? Nobody wants to talk about this one from the Minneapolis side of things.
Speaker 2: Correct, Because if this does look like the person who was being targeted or the person who was shot was actually here illegally and behaved illegally by running and of trying to evade arrest.
Speaker 1: But the larger point, right, Biden let him out. Minneapolis is protecting him. We had to come in and get this guy off the street who attacked the federal agent who is in the country illegally. See, this is why we're here. We're the heroes. They have the storyline, now this one, on this one, they have the storyline, and so this is all this is going to be. With the back and forth.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 2: In fact, the last line of the statement kind of sums it up where this is headed, where this storyline is going. They're hateful rhetoric and resistance against men and women who are simply trying to do their jobs must end. Federal law enforcement officers are facing a thirteen hundred percent increase in assaults against them as they put their lives on the line to arrest criminals and lawbreakers.
Speaker 1: They're following their order. I mean, what do you do? I mean the tactics. We talked about this. It's ridiculous to think, But what would happen if an ice officer just went up and politely said something to someone and can you move? They would tell you this is impossible. What if the citizens came out there? I said this, It sounds so stupid, doesn't it. I said, what if people put together little care packages and walked out there. Here, guys, here are some handwarmers for you. Here, guys, here's a couple of twizzlers, here's a bottle of water. Like, we are still American citizens. We are fighting each other, but that's your family, that's your brother, that's your countrymen. And to see us going at it like this in such angry and violent ways, it's I mean, were running out of word to it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's tough and like and like phrased it. Two government entities fighting each other. Which side do you choose? I mean it's your state represents or your federal government. I mean, this is scary times. This is scary stuff we're seeing playing out.
Speaker 1: Scary Go to the line, it's there, the one above the one you just so the next to the last line, and there's something in there that's incredibly scary that when partnered with something else coming out of another member of the administration, you'll see why this is raising alarm bells.
Speaker 2: You see that this is yes, this attack on another brave member of law enforcement took place while Minnesota's top leaders, Governor Waltz and Mayor Fry are actively encouraging an organized resistance to Ice and federal law enforcement officers.
Speaker 3: And this is like civil.
Speaker 1: War talk, organized resistance, organized resistance folks, pay attention to that phrase organized resistance because it goes in line with another word we are hearing coming out of the administration, and in particular one member of the Department of Justice that's raising alarm bells once again that the Insurrection Act is on its way. Stay here, all right, folks, we continue here on Amy and TJ. On this Thursday, January fifteenth, some overnight developments out of Minneapolis. Like I said, Robes, even if someone hadn't been shot, we might still be hopping on and doing this breaking development. But it was a hell of a night and an ugly night in Minneapolis on the streets. Protests once again, hundreds thousands in the streets, but also a lot of clashes. You see flash bangs, rubber bullets trying to disperse crowds, and sometimes the protests demonstrators are pushing back, assaulting a lot of the officers. So you see these happen. But Robes, of course, the headline is that another person was shot. This person of Venezuelan migrant, they say, who was in the country illegally, who they were trying to arrest. He did resist. Others joined in and beating up on a ice agent and he fired shot that person in the leg, non life threatening injuries, but again just adds to the scene overnight ropes. You remember on some of these the Insurrection Act kept coming up, like the President wants to use the Insurrection Act, and the key component of that was you have to prove there was an organized resistance in some of these cities, and that's not something he's been able to prove necessary.
Speaker 2: No, but now we are hearing that exact phrase used in language by the Department of Homeland Security to describe exactly what they say is happening in Minneapolis. So yes, with just a week apart, these two shootings, one resulting in the death of Renee Good and the other resulting in the hospitalization of a Venezuelan migrant who DHS says was here illegally. But still you've got the situation where people are upset. Now you've had protests each night, they've been relatively peaceful. But yes, we are seeing the videos and it has been confirmed protest are throwing fireworks, rocks, ice snow at these officers, taunting them, screaming at them, and it has gotten ugly in moments.
Speaker 3: And so are these just protesters.
Speaker 2: Or is this some sort of organized, organized situation. I mean, when you have now fran Waltz are telling people to go home, they aren't telling protesters to not take the bait. They are asking folks to get out of the streets. I mean, this is well past midnight. The reports were coming in and local officials were begging, urging residents to go home.
Speaker 1: I haven't looked at the weather there, but it hasn't seemed to put much of a damper.
Speaker 3: Really cold.
Speaker 1: But I wonder how much worse things would be if this was fall or spring or summer, if they would have that many more people out there. I don't know if it's helping the situation. It doesn't seem to be helping that much because we got somebody shot and we're seeing these clashes. But I wanted to mention that we're seeing and pay attention to you see more about resistance, armed resistance, organized resistance, and using the word insurrection because there is an insurrection. I mentioned this, and I wanted to rogues because you know, I check every morning what's trending. Sure enough, Insurrection Act was trending online. Insurrection Act. Everybody's called send it in now and voke it now and all these things. But a member of the administration Todd Lance, a deputy Attorney general without this statement saying ICE operates in thousands of counties without incident, men and women doing their jobs protecting us from criminal aliens. Minnesota insurrection is a direct result of failed governor and a failed terrible mayor encouraging violence against law enforcement. It's disgusting. Waltz and Fry. I'm focused on stopping you from your terrorism by whatever means necessary. This is not a threat, it's a promise.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 2: So now you've got members of the federal government in the Department of Justice wing saying they are going to pursue potentially criminal charges against the governor and mayor of a state that they don't like how it's being run.
Speaker 1: Sweetheart, terrorists, wrists, stop you from your terrorism. Wow. Those words I think are chosen for a reason. Terrorism and the Minnesota insurrection. I think they're putting up a test balloon. Well maybe not.
Speaker 3: This isn't it's not a threat. It's a promise.
Speaker 1: They don't do subtlely necessary, he said.
Speaker 3: It is not a threat, it is a promise. So there is more to come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and more to come, and keep an eye on Minnesota and Minneapolis today and in coming days. And do whatever you can today, folks, no matter where you are in the country, to bring temperature down in your world, around your world and your office and your neighborhood and your community, and maybe even at your dinner table. Jesus we are so we're seeing Americans fighting other Americans in the street. Folks. Want to hop on give you that update. Plenty of updates coming throughout the day as always, top right corner of your Apple podcast app where you see our show page, you see it says follow click that you can get our updates. We got some coming today on the old Pair affair, that murder trial that's going on. We have the Morning Run coming forward you today as well. There is just a lot so by all means, folks, we're trying to keep up. Hopefully you can keep up with us. But for now Framer Robot Com TJ. Holmes will talk to you all plenty throughout today.