Speaker 1: Welcome in What Driving nick Wright Episode three eighty, our week seven gambling show. This episode of What Drymen nick Wright has presented to you as always by our friends at boost Mobile, and a remindered all of you please like, rate, subscribe, and review to the pot. It really helps us out. And also a reminder, all lines are from hard Rock bet Demonsey. I've been telling you all year my picks have mirrred directly the chief season rocky start, then thought we found our footing, then a brief setback, and then in week six put the whole world on notice. The champs are back four and one last week to get to exactly five hundred on the season, just like the Chiefs, and really kind of five and one because we initially had in there Pittsburgh minus five and oh oh, you guys left that in. Oh so here's the thing that was not actually I mean, this graphic is fine if you remember, in the last minute we took out Pittsburgh minus five and a half and put in the Rams minus seven. So the Rams minus seven was our official pick. Both of them covered. We only get credit for one of them. We had Tampa minus three. I can't call that one never a doubter, but they did win by double digits. KC minus two that was never a doubter. Chicago plus four they won out right, and then Dallas minus three against Carolina had a chance but lost. So last week, if you remember Demons, it was and the reason we switched out Pittsburgh for the Rams, it was quarterbacks we trust against flawed teams or just quarterbacks we super super trust. Ye we didn't we I think it's the first time ever we've gone with four favorites and just one dog this week. Now that we have our footing, now that we're back to five hundred, we are going back to what has made this show if you check it year over year over year, the most consistent against the spread, free publicly available weekly gambling show for the NFL, there is we have one year we haven't made money, and that year it's because we count the big and we finished five hundred. Every other year not only we finished above five hundred, but we have finished profitable and we're gonna continue that this year with some picks that I I'll be honest, are gonna be hard to stomach. We will get because we're gonna be betting on some bad teams this week. Guys, you can't just bet on the good teams, and so there's some bad teams we're betting on this week. And I think we're gonna have back to back four in one weeks. I can just feel it and have it for the first time all year be firmly above five hundred. It looks like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five five and is possible.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is a four and one week. And I say that because I don't the the I feel badly if we go four and one and someone did parlay the whole thing together and then they don't get they don't make any money again, no guarantees, don't gamble what you can't afford, all of that. But I feel really good about this week's slate, even though these are some grimy games we're getting into today's show. Bry The Way is brought to you by representing sponsor hard Rock Bet. If you love betting on sports, you just love sports and want to try betting, hard rock bet sportsbook app makes it simple plus packed with great insights and NonStop promos every day of the week. If you're already looking ahead to Sunday in Kansas City, hard Rock Bet stats up right there in the app. Here's what the app show and you arrow ahead for you guys, know what an edge this is for the Chiefs when they're a favorite. They've won thirteen in a row at home as a favorite. They're massive favorites over the Raiders, but they are on a six game streak of failing to cover against divisional teams. Will they snap it Sunday? We'll see if you need a little help from Kareem Hunt. He has scored a touchdown in five straight Week seven games. Xavier Worthy, he's on a four game touchdown streak in Sunday games when the Chiefs are favorites. If you haven't tried your first bet on hard Rock Bet, there's still time for you to get one hundred three dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollars bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but also an extra one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets. New promos every day, so if you're listening to this later, open the app check out what they've got any day of the week. Download the hard Bet app today, take a look around and make your first deposit, payble and bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight to eight. Admit it. In Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia. All right, DEMANSI let's get to the games. I'm not betting. I'll give you my leans on them, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: London game Rams versus Jacksonville. Jacksonville are three point underdogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I think the Rams are going to win. However, Jacksonville being so familiar playing in London, the Rams taking the longest trip you can take in the NFL LA all the way to London plus the Puka Nakua uncertainty as we sit here recording it is enough for me to not want to lay the three points. But if I think the Rams are gonna win despite all that, getting three is not quite enough so that to stay away from me.
Speaker 3: Now they just did against the Ravens. I mean, yeah, you know that mighty game plans or whatever. Miami at Cleveland. Cleveland's two and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is I mean, I think Dylan Gabriel's been really, really bad, but and so being able to go against Gabriel and get points would normally be something I would love. But Miami might be self emily, and I think that the fact that they all week had to address what their quarterback said at the podium, and then the quarterback had to I just think it's bad vibes in Miami, and so bad vibes with a one win team on one side of the ball, maybe the worst current starting quarterback with a one win team on the other side of the ball. If I had to play aside in this, I would play Miami. I guess just because I'm getting the points, I don't have to play aside. I'll stay away from it.
Speaker 3: Oh, next you got New Orleans at Chicago, Chicago's four and a half white favorites.
Speaker 1: I'm not yet ready to lay more than two and a half points with Caleb and the Bears. I don't think they It was a great win for them, and they need to continue that momentum. But New Orleans, even with just one win, has been just frisky enough and Rattler's been just good enough that I don't feel comfortable. I don't feel like the Bears have earned being four and a half point favorites yet against you know, I know New Orleans one of the worst teams, but they're a dangerous one four and and so I think that is I think that is a fair stance that maybe I should just go with New Orleans. I want to see because there were a lot of things the Bears did really well Monday night that they hadn't been doing well, most notably run defense and running the ball. Was that a single game thing or was that an out of the buy this team improved on those things area. If that's the case, then I think they could cover the number. I'll just stay away.
Speaker 3: Next, You've got Philly at Minnesota, Minnesota's one and a half point Dogs.
Speaker 1: Feels like a bit of a trap. It feels like they are begging you, daring you even to bet Philly. Philly's lost to in a row, the Vikings are on a backup quarterback, Philly needs the game, Philly is on extra rest, and Philly is only a point and a half favorite. That is fishy to me. I'm stay maybe and maybe it is. The thing is you could be imploding and still potentially beat Carson Wentz like and so it just it is. That's just a stay away from me, because it feels like they're they're begging you to bet Philly.
Speaker 3: Next of Vegas at Kansas City, Kansas City's twelve point favorites too many points.
Speaker 1: Too many points. But I'm also but I'm also not betting on the Raiders. Like this absolutely could be thirty one to ten. It also could be a really annoying Raiders.
Speaker 3: I feel like always kind of play the Chiefs a little closet they have the last few years, even if they've been terrible.
Speaker 1: They obviously beat them on Christmas. Antonio Pierce then talked about how they had the blueprint. Antonio Pierce last scene wearing Chiefs paraphernalia at the Chiefs training camp practices. He is, you know, no longer the head coach of the Raiders. Just too many points. I've watched the Chiefs last few years not cover these double digit spreads. But I'm not betting on the Raiders, so it's staying away.
Speaker 3: We got India at the Chargers. Chargers two point favorites.
Speaker 1: I like Indi in this spot. I almost included them on my picks because they're getting points and I think they're the better team. I there is an element of can that Chargers defense disrupt Daniel Jones That concerns me, and it concerned me just enough to stay away from this game. But I do think Indy is the right side of it.
Speaker 3: Next, you got Washington at Dallas. Dallas one and a half point dogs.
Speaker 1: Dalla's very very difficult team to gamble on right now because they're just going to hang with anybody and let anybody hang with them. The offense is that good and the defense is that bad. So I and Washington. I'm worried about Jaden coming out of Monday night a little banged up and it just took a lot of hits. I lean Washington, but that's a stay away.
Speaker 3: Next, Green Bay at Arizona Arizona six and a half point dogs. Yeah, well green Bay green Bay is not covering that.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I just yeah, I'd take Arizona points.
Speaker 1: What's the I just don't know what's going on with Kyler after missing last week. So that's the you know, and this is one of the you know, we do this on Thursday. Is there? I don't know what the news is on that. I also think that there is there are too many red flags right now with Green Bay to lay a big number with them. But I don't feel comfortable about much of anything going on with the Cardinals, so I so I'm just gonna stay away. And then last one we're staying away from is the game of the week.
Speaker 3: Tampa Bay Detroit Detroit's five and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: Man, it was hard. It was so hard to stay away from Tampa Bay here, but it just felt like fishy and Detroit is without Brian Branch. They're banged up. They just looked bad and they're laying five and a half. I thought I when I saw I thought it'd be Detroit minus three, maybe three and a half. Five and a half's a lot Tampa go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Baker's just lost everything. I wouldn't bet against Baker in this spot. I mean, he just keeps losing guys, and he keeps making it happen. But I do feel like this is if this is a spot where they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get got. Like nobody's expecting Baker to win this game.
Speaker 1: If Detroit's desperate, Detroit has to have it, Tampa doesn't.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to go against him yet he's he's kept doing it, so.
Speaker 1: He's kept doing it, and so I'm just I'm gonna enjoy watching this game. Ravens and Bills are and now we are getting to If last week was a week of me betting on good quarterbacks, this week is a week of me betting on some of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL. Let's go with the first pick, Demonse.
Speaker 3: All right, man, exercising that right already? You got Tennessee plus seven against New England.
Speaker 1: Listen, I promise I'd never bet on Tennessee again as long as Brian Callahan was the head coach. He's not the head coach. Seven points is too many, fired coach Bounce. Patriots coming off a couple really good wins, First place in the division, feeling great about themselves. It feels like a game that a young hasn't won anything. Team maybe could slip up and lose outright. It certainly feels like a game that is going to I think Vrabel is not going to be focused on Oh, I got to blow these guys out to show them because they fired me. I think Vrabel is gonna coach a game of we just have to win. Teams who fire their coach go from terrible at covering. It's one of the reasons coach gets fired. So they cover basically half the time. New England's third straight game on the road. That's a bad thing for them to have to deal with as far as covering. And it's just too many points. I'd love seven and a half all take seven in a game sneaky Upsettler for the Patriots, but I think the Titans keep it close. Ish Tennessee plus seven.
Speaker 2: Jets plus one and a half versus Carolina.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Bryce Young is one and seventeen straight up on the road, and he is a road favorite. Okay, the Jets are obviously awful. However, here is what I'm gonna tell you. This game opened Jets minus one and a half, Jets is the favorite. It is now Jets plus one and a half, and my decades of gambling led me to believe one thing. I can't explain it. I don't know why, but this is going to be a one point game, and folks that bet Carolina late and instead of getting them plus a point and a half, are laying a point and a half are going to lose. If you are going to bet the Carolina Panthers on the road and you are getting the worst line, a three point line movement, and you're still betting them, you're going to lose. I have no analysis to support this other than Carolina minus one and a half. Betters are going to lose this week because they didn't get Carolina plus one and a half, which means the only way that tracks is if this is a one point game. I think this is a one point game. Twenty one point twenty seventeen sixteen. Something stupid happens in this game. It could be a missed extra point, it could be a safety. This is a pure The bad gamblers will get the bad number on this and lose. So I am taking the Jets plus one and a half. The other piece of it is this. If you're a Jets fan, if you don't win this week, when are you going to win? I think that is a fair question, Like are you staring at Owen seventeen? Maybe I'll take the Jets plus one and a half.
Speaker 3: H next you got the Giants plus seven at Nitor. I like this one.
Speaker 1: This is another one that I feel like, sneaky Upsettlert Giants on extra rest. This is a big The Giants played Thursday, right, they played Thursday in a game they didn't even have to fly to or wait that game was that Met Life I don't even remember it was, but Philly, New York either. Okay, they played Thursday at home. Denver played so in London in London and they so there's that Denver's offense looked abhorrent in that game. The Giants are feeling good. The Giants can win this game outright. Oddly, light detector test, Brian Dable might trust or like his quarterback more than Sean Payton likes his. This isn't the bonitt or Jackson. Dart is not going to be afraid of this great Denver defense, even if he should be, which maybe will lead to some mistakes, but maybe some big plays. It's too many points. The Giants plus seven in a game they could win outright.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Atlanta plus plus two at San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I the Niners have not played a football game missing both Bosa and Fred Warner in more than a half decade. I don't think the market understands or as factored in what Bijon is going to be able to do to a Niners defense without Fred Warner, and so I don't care if Perty's coming back. I think the Niners are about to have one of the worst defenses in football because it's going to take them a lot of time to adjust to not having Fred Warner. I think Atlanta absolutely can and will win this game outright on Sunday Night football. And I think that Drake London can have a big game, Bijon can have a big game, and that Falcon secondary which is excellent with Purty potentially playing his first game back after missing a month. I love Atlanta in this spot. I think the wrong team is favored. I'll take Atlanta plus.
Speaker 2: Two Seattle minus three versus Houston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Seattle is a little underrated. They're four and two with a loss against the Niners a week one that they had a chance to win, and then a tough loss to Baker thirty eight thirty five. The d line's been good, Darnold's been excellent. Houston, on the other hand, I know they're coming off a bye. I still don't trust the Houston offense despite what they did to Baltimore. So I really really would prefer, obviously to be laying two and a half, but I'll swallow it and lay the full three. And it's the only favorite I'm going with this week. And so my five picks this week, I am rolling with Cam Ward and the Titans plus seven, Justin Fields and the Jets plus one and a half, Jackson Dart and the Giants plus seven, Michael Pinnox and the Falcons plus two, and then Sam Darnold and the Seahawks minus three. Listen, guys, if it were as simple as just bet on the great quarterbacks, everybody would make money. We did that one week to stable ourselves. It was the right week to do it, all right, real quick. If you're thinking about upgrading the all new iPhone seventeen Pro, designing the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're also thinking about the traffic on your way to the store, the headache of transferring all your data. Good news. When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your homer work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen Pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. Visit boot umobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchased at boostmobile dot Com. Terms apply demons. I felt bad because I kind of jingsed your teaser. I gave you an A plus, I talked about how much I loved it. You had been four and one, and then not only did you not win it, but you didn't win it because my team cost it for you in a roundabout way. Last week you had Seattle plus nine against Jacksonville they win by eight, Chicago plus twelve against Washington they went outright, Detroit plus ten at Kansas City and the Chiefs blow out the or beat the by what they win by thirteen regardless. So all right, what are we looking at this week?
Speaker 2: It was rough?
Speaker 3: So this week we got another three team eight point teaser at plus one hundred, where teasing Tennessee up to plus fifteen, go ahead, and he's Indie up to plus ten. We we got the Giants, he's in the Giants up plus fifteen. Feeling this one of my bones, probably lost the last one five and two coming up.
Speaker 1: Ay in part, not so much because of key numbers, even though you do go through them, but because I liked the Titans and the Giants plus seven. Now they're plus fifteen, and then Indy I said, I thought could win outright, and now you're getting ten. So yeah, I like it a lot. I do feel like this is five and two. I feel like this is five and two Buddy five and the ship.
Speaker 3: I hope you guys are actually placing these bets out here. If you just bet your mortgages on these, you'll pay your No.
Speaker 1: No, let's not, let's not. Let's not. Let's not encourage that. The mortgage betting we shouldn't encourage. Let's just bet sensibly, just put it, you know what I mean. Just you're just little bit of entertainment, that's all. But it has been good. Well, you have been crushing all right, Go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, so last week the offer, Oh wait you do you've been picking your TD Genie. I think you're undefeated. On TV Genie so far Lifetime. Yeah, last last week you picked Xavier Worthy yet plus one twenty five and he hit what are there any standouts to you for this week?
Speaker 1: Staying away this week? No touchdown, gen I don't no touchdown Genie this week?
Speaker 2: Was it Kareem Hunt like the straight week sevens?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't. That's not that instructive to me. And I just I'm gonna stay away this week. Okay, I kind of wanted to do Rashi Rice, but I'm just staying away this week.
Speaker 2: That's a little bold, a little bold.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, we're just gonna we're not doing this week. We're staying away this week next.
Speaker 3: All right, So the offer fell short last week week with Micah and Rashaan Gary both have over a half sack plus two ten. So you were talking about how bad San Francisco's defense is and Bjeon Robinson's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Rolling through there.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna we're gonna look at Bijon over ninety nine and a half rush yards at plus two twenty five or a less spicy one Vjon over one hundred and seventeen one hundred and seventeen and a half rushing plus receiving yards at minus one field.
Speaker 1: All right, so what can we put the bjon I want to get it to plus number plus money, but I want to have I don't want to do the rush yards one. I want to do the combined one. So if we did bjon over, is there an alternate like plus one? All right, we're just gonna call it. I'm making my own market here, bjon over one twenty nine and a half rushing and receiving yards at least one hundred and thirty rushing and receiving yards. That's plus one oh five. It feels right. That's the offer this week. I like that. I think that I think you'll be able to find it with our friends at hard Rock. Bijeon's gonna I don't know if it's gonna be on the ground or in the air. Is gonna crush? All right?
Speaker 2: Good? Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, what do you mean? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I'm telling he's my most rushing touchdown, most rushing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're before the year. Yeah you need a big touchdown. Thank you to Boost, thank you to hard Rock, thank you to Volume, thank you to Blue Dog, thank you for everyone for listening. Thank you to our friends at Zen. Talk to you guys next week. Happy birthday to my wife. What's right