Speaker 1: Good morning us say yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo hilarious. Good morning Charlamagne the God, Peace to the plane. It is Friday.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 1: I feel blessed, black and holly favor, but happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 2: What's happening? That is right? It's Friday. I'm excited. I'm happy. How you feeling?
Speaker 4: Just I feel good, I'm excited. I'm even more excited that it is Friday.
Speaker 2: Now, your mom is getting married this weekend? Right? What part is getting there? Are you part of the wedding? Like, because you can't be a flower girl?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: No, my daughter is actually a flower Girl's gonna be this her first wedding, obviously, but.
Speaker 5: Walking all right?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, she's trying to OK, she's nine months. She will be on the twentieth. But yes, I am the maid of honor. I've never been the maid of honor in the wedding.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: My mom is like brine Zilla really kill everybody. So I just can't wait for it to be over. I'm happy for her, you know though, I am who's walking it down.
Speaker 6: Her father, Oh father, I don't know why I feel like Marley two years old.
Speaker 2: Boy. God, I know, well she.
Speaker 5: Looks she looked one already, you know, Chris Toss. So she tall. She a long baby for sure.
Speaker 4: Yes, she she is a big nine months like my daughter is because she fat too, and then she's tall.
Speaker 1: So and salute everybody who went to bed too early last night and missed the great finishing.
Speaker 2: I was one of the NBA finals. I was one of them.
Speaker 7: My god, yeah, Jesus oh man. Well, like Charlamagne said, if you haven't seen the Indiana paces pulled off one last night, I went to sleep and I thought, okay, she had it.
Speaker 2: Okay, she was up the whole game. I'm like about fourteen. Yeah, I was like, I'm going to sleep well.
Speaker 6: Ja from Inde salute to you.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm sure he'll be calling it two got okay, see in five. But man, I will say that that Holly Burton, what the Holly?
Speaker 2: I mean he had fourteen points last night? Everybody, but what he was supposed to do?
Speaker 1: No, I know what I closed out, but he had fourteen last night, but he closes out.
Speaker 6: Salute to the Pacers team.
Speaker 1: They had like six or seven players in double figures last night.
Speaker 7: That's what wins ball game. But Holly Burton closes out. He knows how to close out the game. He closed out on the next a couple of times, but he does. There's a lot of and there's a lot of stars in the NBA. There's a lot of stars in the NBA that doesn't want that clutch.
Speaker 6: He takes that clutch. Look, he does look good in the clutch.
Speaker 1: But if you're going to be the face of the league and have people putting you in that combination league, that's what some idiots are saying that he could be the face of the league. You got to have more than fourteen points in the NBA Finals game. That's all I'm saying. Would okay, if they really.
Speaker 4: Ever just one face of the league, like because there's so many, Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it dependens, it depends. It's been you know, Jordan, his are just the Kobe Fullott James James, who Lebron Lebron James. Yeah, you have to say Lebron.
Speaker 1: You don't start with jamesbody's last name.
Speaker 2: Jordan Bryant.
Speaker 7: Wait, all right, well let's get the show cracking. So Roggi p Henson will be Jordan Us.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: She's in a new movie Straw Tyler Perry Straw, which is out today and.
Speaker 5: It's good, y'all.
Speaker 4: I need to get you'll need to watch it.
Speaker 5: It's a mind bender.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: What now?
Speaker 7: Gloria released her record today. I thought we would have it, but we don't have it yet. It's called Type and now we'll have it in a little bit. We'll get it in the system in a little bit.
Speaker 2: But we do have Mariah Carrey's new single.
Speaker 1: Because she's an iHeart Radio uh festival. Yes, as I Heartady Music Festival said, oay, like that man, Marian Carris, Why don't you just don't follow him up because he's silly?
Speaker 2: She plays.
Speaker 1: She performed at the iHeart Radio Music Festival this year. Mariah Carey, we got a new record. What is called Type Dangerous? Yes, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Well, let's get in some front page and it was good morning on the one second, Morgan, make paces beat the thunder last night. If you went to sleep early, like Charlamage said, a little bit, you missed it. Okay, he was up fourteen. At one point, they were up six with two minutes left, but the Pace came back and one last night one to eleven ten to lead the NBA Finals Game one.
Speaker 2: What's up, Morgan?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 4: Is this bromance breakup that appears to be happening between President Trump and Elon Musk.
Speaker 5: Snatch your wigs and edges and all types of stuff.
Speaker 4: But also maybe we might get a little bit of ritten, yes, the girls of fighting. So President Trump says he doesn't know if he and Elon Musk will continue to have a great relationship. His comments in the Oval Office came days after Musk criticized Trump so called one Big, Beautiful Bill. Now, it's important to note that the President's comments came early in the day, and the drama between him and Elon Musk progressed as the day went on, but Trump initially had Here's what Trump initially had to say yesterday regarding Elon Musk and those comments that came out.
Speaker 3: You saw the words he had for me, the words, and yes.
Speaker 8: I said any thing about me that's bad. I'd rather have him criticized made than the bill, because the bill is incredible Elon's upset because we took the ev mandate and you know, which was a lot of money for electric vehicles.
Speaker 2: Elon and I had a great relationship.
Speaker 3: I don't know what will anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Charlemagne, you called it. You called it about those evy vehicles. You said, he's what is he going to be mad at? It's going to be one of two things. Now, Trump said he and Musk or Trump said he asked Musk to leave his administration. Trump said Musk was upset that he was ending the EVY mandate, which will cost Musk billions of dollars.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: Trump also said that Tesla CEO was disappointed Trump did not or he decided not to go with his preferred head of NASA, and the President threatened to terminate, as we said, Elon's governmental subsidies and contracts.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Musk said Trump's so called big Beautiful bill was never shown to him and passed in the House in a deal and in the dead of night. He also reposted an image showing old tweets from Trump that appeared to contradict his spending bill, saying where's this guy today? Musk has been highly critical of this beautiful bill since his time ending as a special government employee for DOGE. The Tesla CEO also made a post claiming the reason the Jeffrey Epstein files haven't been made public is because Trump is in them. Musk posted a time to drop the really big bomb before saying Trump is in the files now. The financier and convicted sex offender died back in twenty nineteen by suicide, and the public has long called for the release of the documents, including a contact list of names.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: The Tesla CEO Elon Musk, also claims that Trump would not have won the election without him. Musk responded to a post calling for President Trump to be impeach saying, yes, yeah, So what do you guys think about all of this drama?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know, even though I said this was going to happen months ago, I don't particularly believe this right now.
Speaker 2: I think it's all wrestling.
Speaker 1: Like Elon has lost like one hundred billion dollars since desembled. He lost like twenty six billion yesterday. I think that a lot of this is just trying to try to rehabilitate Elon's image to get his companies back on track. But I think that's what rap Elon is gonna have to step down as a CEO. I won't believe this until some of those government contracts actually get pulled. Like threatening the government contracts to get pulled is one thing, Actually pulling them is another. That's when I believe like some of this is real. That Epstein files thing to me is a nothing burger. Yeah that was just a shot.
Speaker 7: But the problem is is like Eli Mussa, you know he gave Trump War two hundred and seventy seven million dollars for his campaign.
Speaker 2: The problem is with a lot of those EV companies. And this is the fed up part.
Speaker 7: Joe Biden put it into play that a majority of your fleet or the majority of the cars that you sell, have to be EV. I think by twenty twenty six, so a lot of these manufacturers changed to EV. We're trying to sell EV. And if you look at all these lots, nobody wants to buy EV. These calls are not selling, they're practically giving them away. To the fact where a Hummer during COVID was like fifteen hundred dollars a month if you wanted to lease it. Now that same homm I seen yesterday for four hundred change like they're just trying to give these cars away. Nobody wants them, and this people are gonna be losing billions and billions of dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Trump said, Elon knew that was going to be in the bill. So he said he said, Elan knew that was gonna be in the bill the whole time. Eli said he never seen the bill.
Speaker 2: People need to start reading. That's that's what you know.
Speaker 1: That Epstein Files thing is really a nothing burger because you know, the flight logs of Epstein's playing came out and Trump was on those.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of US pictures.
Speaker 1: On Trump and Epstein have been in. They got video of him and parties together picking out picking out ground. And plus Trump is already president. So what is Trump and the Epstein File is gonna do?
Speaker 5: I don't know, worse than already Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: Donald what listen? Donald teflon, come on, stop.
Speaker 1: Like when he said I can walk in the middle of whatever street and shoot somebody in the head and nobody will care. He was absolutely positively right. He wanted a whole he won a whole election. Nobody is gonna care that Donald Trump is in the Epstein files, all.
Speaker 5: Right, y'all. Well, that's your faith news for six am.
Speaker 4: Stick around at seven we'll talk trade in China and immigration.
Speaker 7: Everybody else, Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five five one five one.
Speaker 2: Is the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's a new day.
Speaker 2: Is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Whether you're mad.
Speaker 7: Or blessed something to get up and get something, call up now.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello. Who's this Kathy? Hey, Kathy, you're more athy? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I want to know why he's brown asked?
Speaker 11: Man like to play games?
Speaker 2: Wow? What happened? Who stood you up?
Speaker 11: Nobody's put me up, but it's been happening over and over where days want to be in a relationship until way to tunnel down? Then you blank for a relationship. All we want to do is play games.
Speaker 6: So once again, who stood you up?
Speaker 2: Man? What happened?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Who you talking about? You're talking about somebody in particular.
Speaker 5: This happened to a homegirl.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna call up early in the morning to speak up for your homegirl.
Speaker 2: Huh, what happened? Tell us what happened to her friend? What's his name?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 11: So they got together and he's got you want to marry her? Then all of a sudden, he's not.
Speaker 10: Ready for it right now, it's too much going on.
Speaker 6: Did she let him hit? She let him hit, of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well listen, man, let that man, you know, go back home to his family.
Speaker 2: Man, stop disturbing that man and his.
Speaker 1: Family's any Well, you should have known, you know, you probably knew he had a family from the start, and maybe he lied to you. But either all, let that man go back home in his family.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you're going through that, Mama. It's not her, okay.
Speaker 1: Right, I would say I'm gonna pray for you, but I'm not because you ain't had no business sleeping with that lady.
Speaker 2: Husband. Hello, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: This is paying?
Speaker 2: Take get it off your chest? Okay, Sorry, I'm.
Speaker 9: So excited that Elon Lustman told on Trump what.
Speaker 2: Are you telling Trump about?
Speaker 9: Well, he said that he wanted to one that election without him.
Speaker 1: Now see that that's a bigger conversation because you remember everybody was saying that, you know, put in I'm just throwing this out of this was a conspiracy theory that uh, you know, the election might.
Speaker 2: Have been rigged and you know Elon had something to do with it.
Speaker 1: That, right, there is a little bit more of a telling statement than the Epstein files one.
Speaker 9: It is because I wish Karma had had requested for a recount, a revote or whatever you call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even but you know what, though, even.
Speaker 9: If he bragged, he bragged on CNN about Senate Elon Musk to Pennsylvania and how he's such an awesome guy and he checked out the voting machines and three seconds letter he said, did you see how fast those votes came in? And the whole country like turn ray it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you remember when Joe Rogan, Joe Rogan was saying that Elon Musk had developed some type of custom app and he knew the results of the election before. Yeah, you know, so, I mean to me, that's a bigger thing than you know, the the Epstein filers. You know, we get so caught up in foolishness, we don't actually pay attention to what people be talking about.
Speaker 9: But even when he ran against Hillary, there was interruption from Russia. So he didn't win that election either. Well, he rigged it, but that's his history. He always steals stuff.
Speaker 6: Oh, we can't say for sure that it was rigged.
Speaker 2: Thank you, mamma.
Speaker 7: You know, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 12: Good morning God? Good morning, good morning, hey heyby listen to this. You know my garbage truck got a horn to it. Bro.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get our people away, yo? How about that?
Speaker 1: How about your garbage trucks get our people awagh in the morning, stop blocking streets, stop blocking street get to work.
Speaker 12: You care to your rock with the garbage people. And then talking by the ball the artist people make up your money and shott.
Speaker 2: That's not talking bad about the God people. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's telling me, that's telling the garments people that way. That's telling the garbage people to have some respect for that long line they be having behind them.
Speaker 2: You ain't got to block the whole street.
Speaker 13: They are doing their job.
Speaker 2: Don't block the whole street.
Speaker 9: We got to.
Speaker 12: Block the street.
Speaker 13: Don't safety of the guys on the back. They don't get running over and killed.
Speaker 1: Nobody's gonna run the garbage truck over. The garbage truck is huge, remember the.
Speaker 13: Back and off the back listening.
Speaker 2: How would we do that? How would we hit the guys on the back cup.
Speaker 13: Bro hey yo and shouting go to your tour and tight garbage. The garbage business is the more dangerous.
Speaker 12: Jobbing in America.
Speaker 2: I'm not stopping you. I'm not disputing that. I'm not disputing that, but I want you to start blocking the street.
Speaker 12: But anyway, anyway, just shout out to your mother getting.
Speaker 5: Married man, Thank you so much, Sean.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 13: I want people to go check off money the singles it's called.
Speaker 12: Good Love and on my I G Story page.
Speaker 15: Just you need to go check that up, please, Seorge story do you yeah?
Speaker 13: Jeff you never Lord, I could sing just okay, I did not know that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 13: I want all carbon people to go some fort at your meal cut because some people under YouTube bridge.
Speaker 12: Sean story is at your meal cut. I couldn't be a fut I lived there for eighteen years. I was bond deer people. What do I talk about? Sean?
Speaker 1: Do you get offended when people say your music garbage or do you take it as like a you know, they paying homage to your day job?
Speaker 12: Well, well, at the see the time people don't listen to my music just say it's garbage. They got to go listen to it first and then give me a critique. You know what I mean? But you not listening it. You just seeing this garbage without even listening to it.
Speaker 2: That's why what's your YouTube page against Sean?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna send everybody there to put trash cans in there, man.
Speaker 2: Garbage.
Speaker 12: TV on you on I g y.
Speaker 1: Yeah with trash can and Sean's comments for respect the garbage man.
Speaker 2: Respect. Hopefully go listen to Shawn's record this week and give them some support.
Speaker 1: All right, all the sanitation workers out there, all the garbage man, we do appreciate your service to start blocking the street.
Speaker 15: Hello, who's this yoo jazz from the point for.
Speaker 2: Smooth jazz whatever? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 15: Hey man, I want to talk to these jazz futherings out head and the head boy everybody was myself.
Speaker 12: Yeh.
Speaker 15: I just want to tell y'all I'm that man. Don't even I don't worry about what the women say, how they feel.
Speaker 12: You better embrace that man, and like I'm.
Speaker 15: I'm I really took a minute to really embrace mym But one side feel your like the women's.
Speaker 12: Like crazy because they're like a confident mayor. You feel me?
Speaker 15: So I just want to let y'all know what, don't you out heard putting these markers on your head?
Speaker 12: Look the crazy?
Speaker 15: I feel like Charlotte man a wild call fire.
Speaker 1: You feel me, I'm nineties rom com fine, baby smooth everybody in the multi versus baldness. You know what I'm saying, Like we've been embraced being bought. Okay, that's right, all right?
Speaker 2: Well whatever, Hello, who's this man I'm saying?
Speaker 12: And it's heabue onoe nine oh man.
Speaker 2: Put up baby boy nine on four. Get her off your chest, bro.
Speaker 12: But I want to talk about local promoters, man, and all them people be gate keeping in the city. Man. Let them know, stop sold here and we're gonna make it one way or another you heard me outside?
Speaker 5: Was that I said?
Speaker 2: The hating on you?
Speaker 12: Yeah, they sold you hate man, They told you, Hey, but I got to Singapore outside. It's gonna be the biggest thing popping this summer.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 16: I got it for the ladies. And guess what tell them say we outside? If the day the sunshine by your girl, it's your time year man, Man, y'all sat there, man, google man, babe four nine O foach.
Speaker 6: You know where you call them from. You can hear, you can hear the accident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hello, who's this rightbody from JA? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: Uh? What want to judg Charlamagne? Please?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 12: Maybe what's your call?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 18: Uh yeah, I'm calling close. Uh A friend of mine by Sean Best from Bridgepoe, Connecticut. He was stopped by the Brinceport police. I wanted you to look it up to see to see the situation, right, Yeah, he's basically shot for running and then the Bridge Cool police are sweeping it.
Speaker 12: Under the rug.
Speaker 2: That's horrible.
Speaker 18: I just yeah, I just wanted to put the lights to it so everybody could look it up. Bridge Connecticut got Sewan.
Speaker 2: Beth Sean Beth Sean d y s H A N.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sean, he was thirty eight years old.
Speaker 2: He had a vake pedg yeah yes, but no gun.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 18: If you look at the videos you'll see that. So when they pulled him over, he had a VAP in his hand. And then when they they got to the alley, they said they didn't know what it was.
Speaker 12: Wow, But then they didn't.
Speaker 18: They tried to say it was it was a gun in his hand.
Speaker 12: Then they it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Right under the rough.
Speaker 1: They said he was a truck driver or father, Yeah, CDL driver, a member of the city's offend community.
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 12: I just want to put them light to that.
Speaker 18: Appreciate y'all all.
Speaker 12: Since then it get through.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you for calling and keep us updated. And if you want to look up, his name is Dive Shawn d Y S H A N. And his last name is best B. E.
Speaker 2: St. You google it, it'll come right up in Connecticut Bridgeport, Connecticut. Thank you, brother. I'm sorry for your loss too.
Speaker 12: Yeah, thank y'all.
Speaker 1: It's crazy all the situations like this happened and you don't hear anything about them whatsoever at all.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent, you can hit us up.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: We got the Latest with Lauren coming up.
Speaker 4: Yes, so I heard y'all talking about the finals last night, and I know y'all said people want to sleep, but somebody stayed up because he put a million dollars on the series. We gonna find out who it is and how that money is looking after Game one.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ Envy, Jesse, Larry Is Charlamage, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 5: Lauren becoming a straight fast man.
Speaker 2: She gets them. Somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 5: I'm the hoe girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest on you.
Speaker 3: The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit.
Speaker 3: Every time the Latest on the Breakfast Club talk.
Speaker 5: Well, I know you guys know. Game one went down.
Speaker 4: The Indiana Pacers won one eleven or Oklahoma City Thunder one ten. But jay Z has reportedly bet a million dollars that the Oklahoma City Thunder will win the finals and game uh, will win the finals.
Speaker 5: Now here's the issue.
Speaker 4: So he places his million dollar bet with the Fanatic Sports Book, which is, you know, Michael Rubin's.
Speaker 5: Company, and if he win, the company. I didn't know that jay Z own part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So while he places the bet with their company, and if he wins, he will profit two point three million dollars.
Speaker 5: But he'll also so he'll probably three three.
Speaker 4: Listen, so he'll profit two point three million dollars on top of what he already bets.
Speaker 5: So it'll be a total of three point three million.
Speaker 2: Yes, never win two point three he gets his million dollars better, y.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so total be three point three, but the profit will be the two point three yes, so this but this means that the Thunder can't lose more than one game of the seven game series.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: He wanted that the Okay will win five?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 6: So yeah, like you said, great promotion for Fanatics.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, the company you can do that. That's why I was a little confused.
Speaker 4: I didn't and maybe that's why I was reported that way because in the reports it all runs back to Michael Rubin.
Speaker 2: But oh, jay Z places bets with the gambling side he owns. I mean it's a good.
Speaker 1: Business, pich you though, like, I mean, it's it's public knowledge that he invested in Fanatics, not like it's a secret.
Speaker 4: Well it is, But what I'm asking, I mean, well, I guess I'm not asking, but I did.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that you can do that, Like.
Speaker 4: If you own something, isn't that what conflic adventures?
Speaker 5: He can bet and he owned the company.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know that because he doesn't own the team. Yeah, it's not like it's like you, like you control whether or not the team's wan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's how that bet is going to turn out though, Okay, would have to win four games in.
Speaker 2: A row straight.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's gonna happen after last night, and Deanna's a very solid, deep, balanced team.
Speaker 4: Like you, Charla Maye, you said on Brilliant Idiots that Holly Burton would never be the face.
Speaker 5: Of the league.
Speaker 2: No he won't.
Speaker 5: You still feel like that, yes.
Speaker 2: The league. No, he's been in the league for six years already one of the nicest players in the league. But he's not.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to Charlote's brigiant idiots.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem with Tyreez.
Speaker 1: I just have somebody who loves Tyreese and thinks he's the face of the league.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, no, he's not.
Speaker 1: Tyres can win the next two championships and wouldn't be the face of the league. Okay, what do you think because he just don't have the he didn't think about the face of the league conversation.
Speaker 2: Face of the league already is annointed upon you on your first day.
Speaker 5: It just is.
Speaker 1: I don't care if you're coming out of high school. I don't care if you're coming out of college. There's a light on you that it's really just yours the fumble. It's the fact he's not even the most famous t reason now people heard me saying that the first thirty second probably thought I was talking about Tyrese.
Speaker 2: Gibson tried through Fuers. Yeah, I mean, you got Joker, you got h Luca.
Speaker 1: And none of those guys that be faced the league, they're not from here. They're not from America. They he's got a better chance of being because from America.
Speaker 2: Will never be a face the league.
Speaker 1: What do you tell me you didn't know it would already have happened with Lebron in the league.
Speaker 7: America is Steph Curia, but America, they're about to retire in the next couple of years, and then there has to be a new face.
Speaker 1: A foreign face of the league. If that was the case, Joko would have been faced the league. Gianna would have been face of the league. Like these guys have already won championships, m vps, but still not bigger than Brown and Steph because Brown and Steph are American.
Speaker 4: Well, I saw people yesterday reposting Paul George's comments when he said this was a couple of days This was a couple of days ago. He said that he thinks that he is the face of the NBA. He is number one, He's the number one option.
Speaker 2: Well, we shouldn't be listening to Paul George.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know who we should be listening to.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you opinions, opinions like Buttholes everybody got him.
Speaker 1: I just I mean, listen, I just don't see that Tyres is a great player, super in the clutch. He's just not gonna be face to the league, face of the league. You think Lebron's Steph Curry. You know historically Michael Jordan, Magic johnthan Tyree's not gonna be there.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be a good player, though I think how far an I can't be the face of the league.
Speaker 4: No well, Game two except for US Sunday, the Sunday at eight p m.
Speaker 5: So it'll keep going.
Speaker 4: In other news, I broke a story yesterday, Portia Williams. I'm sorry Kenya Moore. You remember Kenya got that suspension off of Royal Housewives of Atlanta for the remainder of this current season. So yesterday Kenya posted a statement to her Twitter and she basically was taking accountability for you know, the whole show on the photos thing, not showing the photos thing on Real Housewors of Atlanta. But it made people start asking if she is going to return back to the show. And I was told by a source close to Real Housewives of Atlanta production that Kenya More is not going anywhere anytime soon. The statement that she actually posted, she took accountability, but the last line of it it said I will see you guys back on Bravo very soon. So that got the fans going and the person I spoke to said, I mean, it's rightfully so. And there's also stories out there that she Kenya Moore was supposed to be doing like a sit down conversation separate of the reunion because she wasn't allowed to film the reunion with Andy Cohen, but that didn't end up happening. But for the people that are wondering, you will see our girl back on Bravo. I don't know how she'll be brought back in because she missed a majority of the season, but she will be back on the show.
Speaker 5: Okay, how you feel about that?
Speaker 4: Because also Brittany Edie posted yesterday too, that's the girl who alleged or they were alleging that can you posted those photos about during the season that she wasn't even in the photo. She just found out that she was not even in the photos that ken you got suspended for.
Speaker 5: She wasn't over.
Speaker 2: But if she wasn't in the photos, then while she get suspended.
Speaker 4: So this is now the conversation that is to take and then to make a statement apologizing, So yeah, you can come back. I mean, there were photos shown, but now Brittany is saying that it was not her in the photos. Brittany also was reportedly and mentioned not being at the reunion the filming of the reunion yesterday. But I don't know what Bravo now will have to do and what they will have to say, because there wasn't a whole investigation that happen, and for all this time, we believe that those photos were of Brittany and that you know, it was alleged revenge peorn type of thing, and that's why she was Keny was removed from the show. So yeah, in this statement that Kenya actually made, I'm also told she made that statement prior to her even finding out about the whole Brittany not being in the photo thing and Brittany making her a statement.
Speaker 5: Right, because then what would my apology be for? Then we'll find out.
Speaker 4: But we will definitely find out because she ain't going nowhere anytime soon from what I'm told.
Speaker 2: The baby sleep you just need to bring Bagnini.
Speaker 1: Is the baby sleep just because you're doing that the baby sleeper, you're doing that Janet Jackson whispered thing.
Speaker 14: Again.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely not doing the Janta nothing. I'm definitely not. But they need to bring Bagnini. That's just what it is. I mean so it can be interesting. Again, it's really not interesting. It's this Caddy the new Girl. It's like the new girls are such fans they want to be found so bad and it's played. So it's like, that's the conversation right now. Is Nini Portia Kenya back for the next season?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like yeah, yep, yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't know if that works, but it seems like a structured It seems like these new the newer girls and the newer people that's on these shows are trying to do things to stay relevant. That's how it goes, instead of letting it happen. A lot of the older shows, things just happen and it seemed natural. Now it just seems like it's forced.
Speaker 5: But that's how it goes.
Speaker 4: You take a shot at whoever got the peach right and it seemed like everything is big and everything like letting like just for a storyline. Well, I did see Nini comment on our report yesterday. She put some hearts under our report and we talked about the fact that she said that her relationship is good with the network.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, we'll see what.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you one thing, if it does happen, you guys might hear here first Timeven Mike, you're you'll hear it here first.
Speaker 2: All right, well that is the latest with Lauren. Thank you, Lauren.
Speaker 5: You're welcome. Charla. Don't watch none of the HOUSEWIVESE no, no, all them.
Speaker 2: Let y'all talk. Thank you.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. When ladies is talking, sometimes you just shut up and hush.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it.
Speaker 6: So you envy Jeff y'all get to it.
Speaker 4: We got broke up with yesterday. He needed this Housewives talk sending you some level.
Speaker 1: I will say, though, the only person that can determine whether or not Nini comes back to Andy Kohen.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what she got to make it right with.
Speaker 1: You have all the conversations you want amongst them young ladies and on social media, but Andy Coin got to be the one to build the bricks.
Speaker 4: But she said she she said she's worked with the network, though she thought, I mean not even said we've seen it. She's done thotle things with the network. Since then, you don't really care, you care? You said all that, and then I don't really you care. If Nania came back, girl, you'll be watching, You'll be up here seeing her.
Speaker 5: One lineer yes, you will.
Speaker 2: I would not.
Speaker 6: I'll be in here acting like I watched the show with y'all.
Speaker 2: Undercovera give me energy.
Speaker 3: All right, we go.
Speaker 7: We got front page news and then Taraji p Henson will be joining us also on Friday, Charlemagne does. He opens up the phone lines and allows everybody to give anybody you want donkey of the day. So if you want to give somebody donkey to day, you can get on them phone lines right now. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one. You got the Global all right, let's get to that glove real. Look we play top of the whatever. We got Globeilla's new joints called Taifer.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast clubby j MV.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious.
Speaker 7: Charlamagne the guy, we are the breakfast Club. Let's get some front page news.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 7: Last night, the Paces beat the Thunder one eleven one ten. Now, the Thunder was up pretty much the whole game. They're up fourteen at one point, up six I think with two minutes left, and the Paces came back and one last night one eleven one ten. Burton had the last shot which came over that hump. The Paces really just don't quit. I mean, they're one of those teams that just refused to die. It's like herpes, like they do. They never go away, and they just keep flaring up, flaring up, flaring up.
Speaker 1: And they played great team ball, like you know, hally Burton only had fourteen points last night, but they had like seven figures in double digits.
Speaker 2: Seven Yeah, seven plus sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Players had like double figures and uh one of them, if not, if not six to seven, one of them had close to double digits.
Speaker 2: But they're a very very deep team. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And also Aaron Rodgers he signed with the Stealers. He did a one year deal with the Stealers.
Speaker 2: What's up, Morgan, Hey, y'all, Hey.
Speaker 5: Let's get back in s this presidential news.
Speaker 4: So Trump says he feels like trade talks with China are in very good shape. Speaking from the Oval Office as he welcomed German Chancellor.
Speaker 5: Friedrich Mertz, Trump.
Speaker 4: Confirmed he spoke with Chinese President she Jingping yesterday morning. Let's take a listen to Trump's comments regarding that conversation.
Speaker 8: In a very good talk, and we've straightened out any complexity.
Speaker 19: It's very complex stuff and we straighten it out.
Speaker 12: We're going to have Scott and.
Speaker 8: Howard and Jamison will be going and meeting with their top people and continued forward. But no, I think we have everything. I think we're in very good check with China and the trade deal.
Speaker 4: So Trump described trade talks between the two countries as having a lot of complexities, and the President also said teams from China and the US will meet soon, referencing Treasury Secretary Scott Benson and Secretary of Commerce Howard Lutnik. He added that she President, she Chinese president. She invited him and the first Lady to come to China, and he also extended the same invite to President Chi to come here. Meanwhile, President Trump is banning travelers from dozens of countries citing security risk. The proclamation, signed on Wednesday evening, fully restricts and limits the entry of nationals from twelve countries that at least includes Afghanistan, Iran, Haiti, Somalia, Sudan, and others. Now People from seven countries will have partial restrictions, including Cuba and Venezuela. The President said there's different levels of restrictions.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 19: The list subject to revision based on whether material improvements are made, and likewise new countries can be added as threats everge around the world. The strength of the restrictions were applying depends on the severity of the threat pose.
Speaker 4: So as previously reported, Trump was back and forth on the decision, with Sunday's anti Semitic attack and Boulder, Colorado putting things into quicker motion. Now that suspect was in the US illegally from Egypt, but Egypt is not one of the countries included on the travel band Elsewhere, immigration advocates are speaking out after President Trump signed and order banning travelers from those dozen countries. Florida Immigration Coalition Thomas Kennedy calls this Unamerican, restrictive and racist.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 20: I think this is highly disruptive to the family life of thousands and thousands and thousands of people who live in our community, particularly here in South Florida, but really across the country. I would suspect that this would get ultimately enjoined by a court because of its broad scope, because it's likely to be found discriminatory.
Speaker 4: Florida Immigration Coalitions Thomas Kennedy. He says, many people are literal lifeliness to their family and their home countries, so you know the move is expected, as he said, to face dozens of legal challenges, and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus is calling for ice detention oversight after migrants at a Miami detention center send out an SOS message yesterday. Now CHC chair Representative adrianople Espea of New York says they are going to hold the for profit prison detention centers accountable. And Representative Sylvia Garcia of Houston, Texas, so she's deeply concerned about the conditions at detention centers like Chrome.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to their comments.
Speaker 21: So this is a crisis where we must determine whether the these centers are motivated by the profit margins that they make, and whether due process is being dramatically and vulgarly violated.
Speaker 22: And making sure that we use the powers of oversight to protect the rights of all This is not happening at the moment. What is happening, in my view is just sinister, cruel and inhumane.
Speaker 4: So CHC members, that's the Congressional Hispanic Caucus members say they refuse to allow the Trump administration to tear families apart by locking up parents married to American citizens. CHROME, which is one of those detention centers. ICE detention centers, operated by a private contractor, has faced long scrutiny of overcrowding and poor conditions. So it's amazing how a lot of these stories are starting to be relative. Whether it's you know the Howard excuse me, not Howard, but the Harvard immigration students and the band on them, and then the judge blocking that ban, and how that affects immigration, and how immigration then turns around and impacts what's happening with ICE and the travel band.
Speaker 5: It's just a lot.
Speaker 4: So I would just say, you know, happy Friday, and enjoy your weekend if you can. I know, you give a donkey of the day, or you allow people to give a donkey of the day. If I had an opportunity to do that, I would just go ahead and give it to the whole government.
Speaker 5: Donkey hee haw. Well that's your front page news.
Speaker 4: Follow me on socials at Morgan Media and for more news coverage, follow app Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi nnews dot com.
Speaker 5: Because ye, you're supposed to be working for people and what is going on.
Speaker 1: Morgan put her bid in so you know we do that every Friday. Every Friday is the people's donkey. So one one hundred and five A five one oh five one you can call up and give somebody the credit they deserve for being stupid today.
Speaker 2: That's right, Thank.
Speaker 5: You Morgan here, thank you.
Speaker 7: Now when we come back to Roggi p Henson will be joining us, And don't forget, like Charlamy said, if you want to give somebody donkey of the day, you can eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: To Rogi p Henson's next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is DJ n V, Jess, Hilaris, Charlamaane the guy. We are the Breakfast Club Longla Rosa is here as well, and we got a special guest in the belting.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, the legend, Saraji p Henson, welcome back.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I can't tell that I'm a legend because I'm not on this wall. Can't get the wall.
Speaker 5: We got something special for you, yet I'm telling you special. I need to be on the wall.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be bigger than the wall, and it's gonna be something that's in the studio because you know, we love you, Angie, love you.
Speaker 2: Watch you'll see watch, just watch. It's gonna be worth it.
Speaker 5: You know I've been I've been told them put.
Speaker 2: You up here.
Speaker 4: What he's saying to me as soon as I walk ahead, that you.
Speaker 5: Feel like Hollywood exactly.
Speaker 1: You're looking for somebody else. Nobody said that to you, no more than what they looking for somebody else.
Speaker 5: It's just the whole Hollywood of it all. We love her, we love her, well, where is my check?
Speaker 1: One thing I know about you and O G's like Mary J. Blige, y'all over it, y'all.
Speaker 4: I can't be I just you know, the thing is the older you get, I just can't do the beat.
Speaker 5: Like, just be real with me, that's all. I'm a grown woman. I can take it. Just be real. Don't be blowing smoke.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling? We didn't even? How are you feeling we didn't ask?
Speaker 5: It is great.
Speaker 4: I am feeling amazed, am to be quite honest, because I'm not dealing with nobody's unhealed.
Speaker 5: Son or daughter. I can't you're not on your healing journey.
Speaker 4: I can't help you, baby, because I can't take on your trauma while I'm trying to get over mine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you not trying to heal yours. I can't help you. I'm not qualified yourself. Oh my god, the peace that I found.
Speaker 4: Like you know, even somebody asking me to come out, the first question I asked, is is it gonna disturb my peace? Because you know, when you're young, you just you gonna have phoea a little bit. It's like, I gotta go, and then you find yourself going, why did not? Why did I just stay home? You know, no more of those moments because I'd rather be home with my fat frenchies.
Speaker 1: You don't always want to ask you as being an advocate for mental health ever made you feel more exposed than being just a public figure in Hollywood. More exposed, Yeah, because you tell you tell more of yourself being a mistal health advocate because you probably if you was just Ferajji in Hollywood, who wasn't that you wouldn't have to probably up so much.
Speaker 5: That's true, But I kind of always been that.
Speaker 4: So I wear my heart on my sleeve, So I just I don't know if I feel any different, I'm still looking at this wall.
Speaker 5: Well go ahead.
Speaker 7: I want to ask, when did you get to the point where you don't have to come out for the BS?
Speaker 2: Right? It's weird.
Speaker 7: We just had this conversation the other day where it was like I got to a place a couple of years ago where I just say no. Before it was like I felt like I had to do it, I had to show up, I had to go and sometimes things up your piece. But now to the point where if I feel like the energy is gonna be off or I just don't.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not going.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 4: It is my favorite word. I love saying that word no, and that's it. I don't owe your explanation. Like when I was with our Forever First Lady Michelle Obama doing her show, she was like, no, it's a complete sentence, and it absolutely is.
Speaker 2: When did you get there? When did it click?
Speaker 5: Which body trip was it?
Speaker 4: I had the first one, the first one when I went alone, the first one because that that refocused me, recentered me. I was I didn't I felt outside of myself before I went to Bali. That was a well needed trip because I was literally losing myself.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know who I was.
Speaker 4: The joy I'm the one that brings the life to the party, you know, and I become I was like tight all the time and not happy and complaining a lot. That's just not me. Even my team noticed. They were like, is everything okay? You don't you seem a.
Speaker 5: Little you know, and that's just not in my DNA.
Speaker 4: So I had to unplug and just go away and be with myself and in the middle of a rice field.
Speaker 2: You want to share that with the world that I started seeing that, like.
Speaker 5: People need to hear that.
Speaker 4: I think sometimes when they see public figures, they think we have it all together because we've you know, we've found some money or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: People think that money heals and money will bring you more problems than you had when you were broke. I often find myself saying, damn I missed when I was broke and dreaming because everything seemed possible, you know. But then when you you make it and you you get behind the Wizard of Oz curtain and it's like, oh, what it seems you're here for straw Yes Girl, a very moving film. Thank you you saw Yes Listen, what did you channel? Because you you are healing, your healing journey, but to put yourself in a role like that, you had to go back.
Speaker 5: That was a trying day.
Speaker 4: So the movie was like took place one day to deal with all that in the day and to have to embody that much trauma because I.
Speaker 5: Don't want to give away to ending.
Speaker 2: You know what, what did.
Speaker 5: You pull from?
Speaker 4: Did you have to go put yourself back where you were, where you were going through everything?
Speaker 5: Utives. I am a single mother, you know.
Speaker 4: I moved to Hollywood with my son, who was a Tolleran at the time, of seven hundred dollars in my pocket and just a pocket full of dreams and Jesus. You know, humans, we all can have a moment where we can snap.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I think what made me different from Jenia is that I've always had a support system. So I have a sister circle where they'll talk me off the ledge, you know what I mean. But have I ever got to the point where I wanted to snap? Yes, That's why I went to Bali, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 4: So, but she didn't have the resources, she didn't have the support, so all she had was the voices in her head, and she literally reached them her point where she just couldn't take it anymore and things just got out of control, and she God, bless her heart. She was just trying to do the best she could with what she had, you know.
Speaker 5: And I in particular, I am drawn to.
Speaker 4: Characters who are voiceless and need a voice because I am such a big personality. I like to breathe light into those characters because I feel like those characters are real. You know, Tyler Perry and just pulled this out of the sky. These women exist, These people exist, and they need to see themselves, and they need to know that they're not alone and that people do see them.
Speaker 5: Does it make you mad when people tell Tyler Perry to stop showing those women on camera.
Speaker 4: I think that's their own trauma's trigger Because in the community black community, we don't deal with it, you know what I mean. So if you're forced to look at it often, you will be triggered. So the first thing you're going to want to say is I don't want to see it, but there are people out there that need to see it. He's forcing real conversations in the community. That's why I'll never stop working with him.
Speaker 6: So for a person that doesn't work on themselves the way you do.
Speaker 1: When you got to go on an intense emotional journey for a four day shoot, what is your approach to that?
Speaker 2: Like, how do you prepare for like those inevitable triggers.
Speaker 4: I have trained well, I think out of necessity, I've trained my instrument. Body is my instrument. Just like you know, a musician has a guitar theyn't know how to hit the notes. I have an on and off switch. And I think that's because I was a mother very young, and when I would work and come home, I didn't have time to process and deal with the character that I portray.
Speaker 5: Because now it's homework.
Speaker 4: He gotta eat. I got a sciencepeit project, you know what I mean. So I had to turn it off. So I'm just trying. I literally you ask anybody that I've worked with. I could be in the middle of a sing balling my eyes out and they'll yell cut and I'd be like, what a fried chicken?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Or I have these games that I play on my iPad to because I have to separate myself from the character. I cannot stay again that is that character's trauma.
Speaker 5: I can't take that on. I just can't because.
Speaker 4: I have my own deal with so literally, when they yell cut, I'm back to Taraji.
Speaker 5: Just like that.
Speaker 7: We're still kicking it with Taraji p Henson. All the roasteres here with us as well.
Speaker 5: Yes in the movie said it's more expensive.
Speaker 2: To be poor.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, So prime example, Tyler said when he was homeless, he called his mother and was like, can you send me twenty dollars?
Speaker 5: She said, you need to bring.
Speaker 4: Your black a tone because it's gonna cost me fifteen dollars just to.
Speaker 5: Send you twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 5: And I don't think people really understand that.
Speaker 2: I wanted to know without giving too much away, what's the message in Straw that you hope sticks with.
Speaker 7: People after the credits roll? So there was women unity, There was so much about it. What's that one message that you want people to get and understand.
Speaker 4: That we should move with grace at all times because you never know what somebody's going through. Never judge a book by its cover because you never know what battles a person is or fighting.
Speaker 5: You just don't and.
Speaker 4: Really see people really don't just throw how you doing and you know, really wait for a response and really ask the question to want to know, connect with people say hi, how are you and really mean it, because that could save a human's life, just that human interaction, especially for people who feel unseen.
Speaker 1: Only when Tyler even was casting you for that role, did he even know what you had went through? Because if I write a role about somebody getting to the breaking point knowing somebody already had got one, it feels.
Speaker 4: Kind of Tyler and I are friends of and so we talked all the time about personal things, and so he knows a lot about me. But he said when he started writing, he just had to. He was going through his own thing and he had to get it out and on the page. And then he said, as he was writing, he saw me, and he'll bring me a lot of projects and I'll be like, you know what, Tyler, I don't think this is for me. I think this is somebody else's blessing, you know, And then he'll just keep writing it. When he got straw, he said, he hit me. He said I got one for you, and he sent it to me and I read it.
Speaker 5: I said, this is it. This is the one. So that's kind of how we operate.
Speaker 2: How do you not fight somebody over Tyler.
Speaker 7: How do I not fight because they attacked time Security?
Speaker 2: But because he.
Speaker 7: Does so much for people, and he's so good to especially our community, and I think a lot of times people don't see that, and even people that he doesn't know, he helps so much. He talks to, he gods, he mentors, and you guys are so close. How do you not just say you know something?
Speaker 4: Because his action speaks louder than the haters because he this man owns a studio.
Speaker 5: What you got?
Speaker 4: Every raise that I've gotten and whenever I'm treated the best in this industry is always by him. Every raise that I've gotten has come from a black man. Tyler Perry. He doubled my quote in Straw four days of work, which is so important for when you go on to that next he understands that that man has helped. He does so much that we don't even know because he's not even talking about it. Yeah, you filmed two movies at the same time, Fight Night and Right. Did you find the two care is bleeding into each other?
Speaker 5: It's not at all totally different.
Speaker 4: He was the first director to challenge me in that way because I was in the throes of Empire.
Speaker 5: When he called with acrimony, and I was like, Tyler, I don't know. It's being a thesbian. I don't know if I can get into this character.
Speaker 4: He was like, girl, with your instrument, you can do it. He was like, you're gonna come down here, We're gonna shoot it in if I was like five days, he said, you can do it. If anybody can do it, Taji, you can do it.
Speaker 5: And he challenged me.
Speaker 4: He knows I love a good challenge. That's I lean into roles. That's scared the shit out of me because I have to grow in some way or change or be transcended or something.
Speaker 5: And that's what I want from my audience.
Speaker 4: And if I'm not doing it as the artist, and how is the audience gonna transform? So I lean into challenges and he knows that about me because he's a virgo as well. And so now I'm a pro ad it because of Tyler. So when he called this time, I didn't even think about it. I was like, great, four days in and out, Okay, let's go.
Speaker 1: The industry is finally catching up to your arrange. Are you still underestimated in certain rooms?
Speaker 4: This is inaccurate no, I think they get it. I think I'm at a really particular point in my special place in my career where I've done so much that I can't just do anything anymore because y'all will be like, why should you do that? You know what I mean, And so you know, it's just looking for that right material and they it doesn't come like that, So that my fans are frustrated because I'll post a pretty picture and they're like, that's you.
Speaker 5: When your next movie coming out.
Speaker 4: It's like, I have to be very particular about what I'm choosing now, and some of this stuff doesn't exist and I have to create it, and so that takes a little longer.
Speaker 5: What age were you when you did Empire? That was ten years? It was I was forty five, it was twenty fifteen.
Speaker 4: The reason why I asked you that is because I saw your interview where you talked about your overseas and how people received you overseas, and you you realized then how big us overseas were, like that whole thing, and I'm wondering right now now your career. You just said you can't do anything, and you get into these different levels so early in your career even though you've been our Taraji forever. What are new experiences that you're having just in your celebrity life at where you are right now in your career that we might have thought that you've already experienced before.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess for me, it's always because I people always go do you not know who you are? Like I went to the girl. I still like to go to the grocery. So by my own damn produce, like by Empire, you were iconic to us. All right, okay, thank you. But you know, after so many years of being told by the industry, oh, no one knows you overseas, and then I get overseas and they're like.
Speaker 5: Did Ogi please please picture pitcha that.
Speaker 4: Still throws me, Like I just came back from can and it's the age range for me, it's like the Grandma all the way down sometimes to the great grandchildren.
Speaker 5: And I'm leaving kind and I forget, you know, I'm overseas. I'm like, don't nobody know me?
Speaker 4: And all of a sudden I get crowded by this is a group of people. And then over in the corner I see these young boys and it's like.
Speaker 5: A soccer team or something.
Speaker 4: They're standing there with their camera and I just I don't even think they spoke fluent English, but they knew exactly who I was because one.
Speaker 2: Of them.
Speaker 5: And I was like, babies, come on, and they all gathered. I'm telling I'm like maybe ten.
Speaker 4: But that always throws me when the babies know who I am.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm just like, dang, I'm still relevant years old.
Speaker 2: Never want a young girl when black women.
Speaker 4: He's liked me asking me that I tell people my age because I hate that women we feel ashamed of age and when men can have beer bellies balding, sorry, and then we can.
Speaker 5: Kind of see what but you understand. And then they had a young thing on there and we let that pass and we have to be ashamed of our age. No, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 7: We're still kicking it with Taraji p Henson on the roses here with us as well.
Speaker 2: You feel appreciated it more I do.
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 4: I don't look, you know, It's it's like it's interesting because you go, I didn't get nominated for this award again.
Speaker 5: That's did you.
Speaker 4: See the powerful talk that Denzel did about how he got bitter?
Speaker 5: I mean that was me.
Speaker 4: That was me, and it particularly happened after hitting figures. I was like, what what do I have to do? Like, you know, y'all didn't see the range there? Yeah, I'm still playing cookie. And then I gave you a rocket scientist like what? And that hurt a little bit, But again it hurt because of the power I placed in man's hand. But if you step back from that and take that power hour back, look how many black girls are coding now?
Speaker 5: Not even black girls, young kids, kids, period.
Speaker 4: Like, So that's what I always wanted, and that's what I asked God. I said, I want longevity, and I want the work that's going to affect lives in a positive way. I want the work that people are going to study long after I'm gone, like I did the greats that came before me. You know, And when you asked that that's specific. It may not be the awards. You know, I figure, if I keep working, that still come. But what's rewarding to me?
Speaker 5: Or when fans come up to me and go bay whatever? That last it touched me.
Speaker 4: It made me change the way I, you know, think about things like that's rewarding to me?
Speaker 1: Was on the phone yesterday and she was just saying how much of a fan of you she is? I mean, but I'm just like, there's nothing wrong with expressing that, share that with her because you just existing provides that inspiration. And then she's shaming that was just like I was like, you damn right.
Speaker 2: We saw to Roji.
Speaker 1: I saw to Rogie in the theats for baby Boy, and she was like, you saw baby Boy in Thetis.
Speaker 2: She made you feel older.
Speaker 5: I've never thought about baby Boy in a movie theater about.
Speaker 4: Crazy my son. But I don't know just how you feel, but I feel like wanting to be in entertainment, being television, like it's you think of you because you're able to be.
Speaker 5: It always seems like you've been able to be yourself.
Speaker 4: So when we like, I know for myself, when I heard you talk about that before that first body trip, not feeling like enough, I'm like, wait, what, Like she's been the this is how you can be the girl from where are you from? Around the way, whatever you want to call it, but like you're in Hollywood and you're graceful in your career impacts. So I'm glad you're out of that because I was like, what this is d to Rogie Beinson, like it.
Speaker 5: Was actual burnout because of the work.
Speaker 4: You know, people go, you work a lot too, because the math ain't math and the zeros ain't adding up, you know. And so because you see somebody working a lot a lot of times when it's us, it's because that one job is not gonna cover.
Speaker 5: You for the year.
Speaker 4: I wish I could just do two films and be like, I mean, I'm kind of to that point now, you know what I mean. But there are actors out there that's just one job a year because that's how they get paid. And I don't think people really understand the breakdown of the math.
Speaker 5: You know, fifty cent.
Speaker 4: If somebody goes they made ten million dollars, right, you got to remember, uncle Sam, it's coming to take half of that off the top, and then you have to pay your thirty or forty percent whatever you're paying your team.
Speaker 5: Off your gross.
Speaker 4: So you're not taking home ten million dollars. I know it sounds amazing, but you're not taking it home. Somebody gets paid one million for a film, they not seeing that one million in their bank account. Do the math, you know, So that's why so I think a lot of it was burnout and frustration because once I lifted my head and was like, why do I have to work so much? You know, I just got burned out. It became bitter.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of people thought you were kicking Thyland Oprah's back during the Color Purple.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, why would they think that?
Speaker 1: I guess that they were the producers of the film, and they thought that when you were complaining about the pay.
Speaker 4: You know, they had bosses, right, thank you? And when have you ever seen me.
Speaker 5: Drag another woman, particularly a black woman? Ever? I'm ten toes down for us. Never.
Speaker 4: And then the fact that blogs and I think it was just a campaign so that this black movie wouldn't do well, right because to stay I even saw some bits about it was my fault that the film didn't do well?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I saw that. What how did? How did how?
Speaker 4: They tried to say that you because of the conversation you raised about the money and things that weren't right. It pivoted the focus to people aren't going to go see the film. They care more about what is Taraji saying?
Speaker 5: Is it true or not? That's you know that total?
Speaker 4: I know it is, but I'm gonna tell you what the conversation, what you're referring to, we're telling Jess and me and Oprah. I have such a love and a fondness for her. She just texted me the other day commending me on a job well done in Straw. So that was all fixtures like and to draw a wedge between us. But see, I'm not gonna let you do that because I went to her defense right away. Y'all not gonna do that to this woman. All of this what she does, I mean, like, stop it, stop that.
Speaker 6: Even with Tyler, Tyler is the person that pays you the most.
Speaker 4: What I'm never gonna not work with Tyler. That just is that's insane to me. I enjoy working with him. I really really do. We have fun on that set. I love that he challenges me. I understand, I'm never gonna turn my back on us. You know, people that go to the Tyler Perry films is a huge population of us. Like, so for me to say I'm not gonna do it time about that's me turning my back on us.
Speaker 5: I would never.
Speaker 4: Speaking of black women in relationships your character and Stragi and Iya during her like worst moment, black women in the movie still like get around her and hello around her even almost like forcibly, but like not really because they identify with her absolutely. What is you know, not even the importance, but like when people watch those moments throughout the movie, what do you want them to take from that? That we need each other and we're more powerful when we support each other. I'm a huge you know how I am with the sister girls, you know. And I told this to the Spellman Lady graduating class of twenty twenty five. The last thing I said to them was like, ladies, like we are more powerful in numbers. We need to support each other. Do not air your grievances with another sister in public. You got a problem with her, pull it to the side. That's between you and her. To fix that is not for the public to weigh in with their shallow opinions. I said, it's black women. We take too many bullets from society. Why why would I be another obstacle for another sister to get over.
Speaker 5: I'm just not gonna do it earlier today. I need it to depend on her. How we've had.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that's beautiful, and that's growth and more of that. But It breaks my heart when I see sisters go at it in public. It does something to me because we have enough to overcome. Why should it be another sister like we got the same struggle.
Speaker 5: This is my last question. Are you happy? I'm so happy? I can't expect people go You're glowing?
Speaker 4: Yes, because I am not dealing with nobody's a hell child at peace, the peace that I have been fighting for. I have it and it has nothing to do with anybody, no other human.
Speaker 5: It's all in me. Love you.
Speaker 2: Do you even tell the unhealed people anything anymore?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 5: No, because sometimes they ain't ready to hear it.
Speaker 2: I will say, I hope you hear I do.
Speaker 4: Say that, you know, I just cause sometimes they take That's all right, babe, right, you know.
Speaker 5: So it's just for you to discover.
Speaker 4: Sweet Well, thank You is out this Friday Netflix.
Speaker 2: Definitely check it out.
Speaker 6: And wait till you see what we do for you in this building.
Speaker 5: You see is it a bust?
Speaker 2: What does that mean? Yes?
Speaker 5: It is a bus? Like is it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Don't put no bag.
Speaker 2: Since yesterday will be a bus.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're in the city of his table in the in the.
Speaker 1: Hall because people will see it whenever they want. So you have to go buy Angie Studio and coming.
Speaker 5: Please can it look like me don't like.
Speaker 2: The way waves when the way Wade statue that don't.
Speaker 5: Don't do that? Yeah, because that's okay, that's mine and I met. Thank you for your career. Thanks not ending the interview yet, I thank you for that. Thank you, Thank.
Speaker 2: You for you your career.
Speaker 1: You the person that you are because your career has given you the platform to be out here being the mental health advocate that you are. And I think that that work is going out outlive probably anything, I hope.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that to me feels like probably why guy set me up to be a public figure to get to that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so's grateful. Thank you so much, guys. This is beautiful and.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. Let's get to the Latest with Lauren.
Speaker 5: Lauren be coming the street fast.
Speaker 3: She gets in from somebody that knows, somebody gets detail.
Speaker 5: I'm a home girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest on you. The Latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 3: On the Breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Wellk y'all.
Speaker 4: Yesterday in court with Diddy, they finished up the testimony from a woman named Brianna Lawrence. I don't know if that's how you say the last thing, probably not. But she's a stylist that was a friend of Cassie that I told you guys about. She's the woman who alleged that Diddy hung her over a seventeen story balcony.
Speaker 5: He threatened her right now. I love hanging people.
Speaker 4: Remember, they said, uh, it was speculation that he hung wildly over balcony too.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, they said that wasn't true. Though you said that.
Speaker 5: I don't think he ever told us whether he was dangled or not.
Speaker 2: He said he was, Yeah, recently he was. He was on Lorrel's show. He's on Laurel.
Speaker 9: House.
Speaker 2: So he said it wasn't true.
Speaker 4: Yet wow, Lauren awead No, well, I mean because of that testimony and her cross examination on the sand, which is where Diddy's attorneys are asking her questions, Diddy got in trouble yesterday in court. The judge threatened to kick him out of the courtroom for the remainder of the trial because the judge alleges that Ditty was nodding to the drawors uh and just making motion to the with his head while her cross examination was happening.
Speaker 5: Now here's it that he was nodding vigorously. I don't even know how to do that. He has this thing that he does.
Speaker 4: I've seen him do it where he's like it's kind of like a like he's turned around to his family when I've been in court and.
Speaker 2: Did like a you can't look at jewors.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that, so you can look at jurors. But I'm going to read the judges exact words.
Speaker 1: Judges like, I want to make sure you're not flirting, okay, and make an eye contact with people.
Speaker 7: Bricked up somebody somebody must have complained beforehand and said they feel like it was intimidation.
Speaker 2: I guess I bet you that's what it was.
Speaker 4: Well, so here here's the transcript. So the judge at the judge put the jaws on the bricks so they're not in the courtroom, and then the judge acts for a minute with Diddy's attorney Mark Agnephilia. Right, So he says the judge says, I was very clear this morning that there were not to be any facial expressions or other attempts to have any interaction with the jury whatsoever, any influence on the jury whatsoever. And I could not have been more clear in terms of what I said. You heard me, right, And his attorney says, I did so. Then the judge says, well, there was a line of questioning where your client it was nodding vigorously and looking at the jury. And there was a subsequent moment we had a sidebar and I looked and I saw your client looking at the jury and nodding vigorously during that line of questioning. This is absolutely unacceptable. Is it going to happen again, mister Agnafilio? And then he says it's not going to happen again, And then the judge says, if it does happen again, he won't be allowed in this courtroom for the remainder of the trial.
Speaker 1: Why do they make jurors public? Like why did they even let anybody see the jury? I feel like juriors should have some.
Speaker 5: Type of like, I'm not I don't know. I will say too.
Speaker 4: During the jury selection, it was one day we were all in line getting our cell phones together, and I'm like, if any of these people was picked I'm just right here, like we just all were media, we're right here with them.
Speaker 7: But not only do I think about this, some of the actual people that are testifying don't have to put their stuff out there. Right, you don't know who they are. They anonymous, but the juris. You know who the jurors are through the whole trial.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean, we don't know they're like names and like all that stuff, but you see it. But if you're a person of the media, there's a certain trust between the attorneys in the court, anybody in the courtroom, the public.
Speaker 5: People like regular people just being they do, but the judge doesn't.
Speaker 4: They have these whole things that they go through before they start, like here's what we the court expect of you while you're here, and this is what we actually to a poll. They say the same thing to the jury as well.
Speaker 24: So there's just like a he try to do like a bus station, anybody, anybody, somebody got kicked out the other day.
Speaker 4: I heard, yes, that's my girl, though I don't know her name. But when well old girl try to run down on me. She she called me an elevator after that, and was like, because I was ready to she'd be going off. She she's actually a sweetheart.
Speaker 1: But I don't know what the outburst was about, even the Jane Dole thing, right, Yes, what's the point of letting somebody be a Jane Doe if everybody in the courtroom sees who it is online and tells everybody who.
Speaker 4: I have no idea, because that happened yesterday with Jane Doe, who testified. She was, you know, one of Diddy's most recent ex girlfriends, and she barely even got through a lot of her testimony, but she talked about some things. And by the time she started testify, going through a testimony, I'm watching live and I start seeing photos and I'm like, You're not supposed.
Speaker 12: To do that.
Speaker 2: So what does she say? Did she say anything?
Speaker 5: She just talked about the fact that they were really in love.
Speaker 4: She was madly in love with him and Diddy, and she said that they had nicknames for each other Burt and Ernie.
Speaker 5: She was burn.
Speaker 2: Why can't take me an?
Speaker 5: I know that, But in the Diddy situation, who was Burton? Who was Ernie? She was Burton, Diddy was Ernie.
Speaker 7: That's what fifty posted that yesterday. He posted a picture Burton Earnie yesterday.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Rubber ducky with Diddy is nasty. That is just rober ducky. They're talking baby oil. So much fun, y'all.
Speaker 5: I have done this before. Look at you all tickled them being over there at Charlate made ivy. Why you just juice now you have like you're not solo? What Diddy? Back to Diddy?
Speaker 15: So far?
Speaker 4: All right, So Jane Doe understand and her testimony is actually going to speak to Earth. It's supposed to be speaking to sex, trafficking, force, coercion, all those things. But they you know, they have to prove that all this was done under threat. So far, everything she said is that she was super in love with Diddy at the time. Uh, she didn't know anything about freak offs. But one day they were they were together and he they were talking about fantasies and he talked about bringing another person in and she was like, okay, cool, I'll try that. She said, she got up went to the bathroom. She alleged by the time she came up to the bathroom, Diddy was on a on a phone call making it happen.
Speaker 5: So she's like, okay, well, here we go. It's happening sooner than I thought. Wait, wait already, and the people want stand vibe. Yes, period.
Speaker 4: And then they they talked about you know, like her career and stuff because at one point she says that she was, you know, thinking about making the only fans and he encouraged her not to allegedly and uh, there have been some talk because she's an influencer.
Speaker 5: That's hilarious.
Speaker 6: Okay, I want to talk to you about my career.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about talking the only fans. A lot of trade, goddamn trade.
Speaker 5: Well, there was one.
Speaker 4: There was one point that a lot of people were bringing up of like you know, when they first went on like their first away trip or whatever. You now, guys be like, well, how much you're making that work? Don't go to work for these couple of days or whatever. So she alleged that she didn't go on this, didn't go to work, and their first date lasted like five days, and did he allegedly give her like ten thousand dollars to make up for what she had missed that work. People start breaking it down, like, yo, that's like seven eight hundred dollars a.
Speaker 2: Day, like five day date it's two thousand that's what five day date.
Speaker 5: Okay, removing Diddy out the situation. Five days with you for thousand hours.
Speaker 6: That's a coke binge. By the way, guys, Okay, I know a coke binge when I hear one, I.
Speaker 5: Would Okay, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do coke, but I would do five days like you just taking me away and we're just having a good time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no coke, No, Diddy.
Speaker 1: You the person that's been to these trials every damn day and you know what comes with that, But you still want to go do it.
Speaker 5: It depends on the man that you're going with. I'm sure, Okay, Jess, you ain't never messing mind and just like going with the wind. Oh yeah, most definitely your husband. Why Charlamagne, don't look at me. You saw look at her back end of my day? You talking about my girl? Wait, you said your freak off days?
Speaker 2: Yes, not these kinds.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, ain't no such thing as there's no levels the freak off if you're gonna use that term.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, Diddy gave freak off a whole new meaning, y'all.
Speaker 2: I no, I've been here.
Speaker 5: About freak as I tell them more freak offs all.
Speaker 2: The time, all the freak offs, not like that.
Speaker 5: See now y'all been so your ears are conditioned right now.
Speaker 4: They probably got a good seafood men you with those a lot of fish, a lot of fish.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But she also talked about to that, you know, being with Diddy, she was happy. She wanted to make him happy, so she did a lot of things. And she alleged that she had a twenty thousand dollars a month allowance while she was his girl.
Speaker 5: So they're gonna get that. That was the beginning of her testimony.
Speaker 6: The internet right about who that person was yesterday.
Speaker 5: I cannot confirm nor deny though.
Speaker 1: I just think it's silly if you know, you let somebody be a Jane though, with everybody in the courtroom can see that person, and then they run the social media like I don't.
Speaker 6: It's just it's weird to me. What's the point of being Jane though?
Speaker 2: Put them behind a wall or something so nobody can at least see them or something.
Speaker 4: But then the jury wants to see I mean, I guess the jury would be different. They could see it then, because you want to see facial expressions. You want to see body language, you want an attorneys want to see that too, because you know the line of questioning and you can tell where people are going or not going.
Speaker 5: And although it's so much different art to this stuff.
Speaker 4: But yeah, oh yeah, wait, I want to say. We're headed to LA for the b TO Awards. Guys, we'll be bringing you content from l A. We're doing the radio room Saturday Sunday with the Breakfast Club in LA. That's with Lauren l Rosa. And yeah, so we're gonna be talking a lot to some people.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's good job.
Speaker 2: Yes, Lauren will be out there.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: But he said good job you sare that could cut it out, Jess, you were supposed to be on your way out there with me. But I know your mom's getting married this weekend.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, she's getting married. That's what's going on.
Speaker 7: That's the white people like that was not going out there.
Speaker 2: Nobody's radio room.
Speaker 5: I know, no, I hate that, but that is definitely for Lauren. Like Lauren, that's right.
Speaker 4: The words will be Monday night at a PM Eastern Standard Time on b E T are you styling and profile And I know you're gonna be out there when you know the things. Yeah, we got some outfits. So we got some things.
Speaker 5: I'm excited. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: And I told you you're not ashy, so't I appreciate. It's been so much in love this week. Just I appreciate that.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 5: I had a hard day and she texted me said you not ask I was like, I know that's right.
Speaker 1: If somebody got a text here and tell you that you're not ask that means that you are usually ask.
Speaker 5: That's called language. First. Don't let dark Charlotte Madaine stress you.
Speaker 1: You not ay?
Speaker 2: That means that you regular most of the time.
Speaker 4: No, you tell her she's asky every day, and I'm like, I have to remind her that she is not tough.
Speaker 2: Place.
Speaker 7: That is the latest Lauren donkey to Day's up next, Charlamagne's People's don that's right, eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you want to give somebody donkey of to day, call us up right now. We got you the Breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, you're.
Speaker 3: Checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's your time to nominate a donkey of your own. But lemonad that's what's how they choose. Call in now eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: Yes, Donkey today for Friday, June sixth is the people's donkey on Fridays. We'd like to open up the phone lines and allow you, the listeners, to give people the credit they deserve for being stupid.
Speaker 2: So Hello, good morning, this is Princess calling from b K.
Speaker 25: I'm putting say PM Bodley as Donkey up the century. He's Uncle Tom kissing up to that white racist double Donald Trump by playing golf for him and flying on the Air Force one with the other team members renicked from meeting with that white racist double that's in the office.
Speaker 2: Well okay, that's what Donkey of It Day is for. But I'm obligated to.
Speaker 1: Pass this phone call over the cash BITAL with your name and phone number. Okay, good luck, Okay, all right, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Wow, good morning. Who's this?
Speaker 12: Who's the dead beat? I'm back?
Speaker 2: This is who's the dad beat?
Speaker 12: Rod Man for who's the dead beat? I was on her last Friday?
Speaker 2: Man, Oh, how are you sir? Who you want to give? Who you want to give the donkey to day?
Speaker 6: To this morning?
Speaker 26: I wanted to give a Donkey of the date aspiety for sweeping parential alienation under the.
Speaker 2: Rug for who?
Speaker 6: Now, your phone was breaking up a little bit. Your phone's breaking up?
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 12: Parental alienation?
Speaker 9: What is that?
Speaker 18: That's when one parent usually say kids.
Speaker 12: The parent to make them dislike them.
Speaker 26: Okay, so I'm giving I'm giving a ductor to day to society knit under the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never even heard of that. I've never I'm about to lock it up right now.
Speaker 26: Parental alienation, Yeah, you need to educate yourself. Man, women and target father a lot. You know what I'm saying, and keep because a lot of.
Speaker 18: I'm going to make them dislike them.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm looking at psychology today right now.
Speaker 1: Parental alienation occurs when a child refuses to have a relationship with a parent due to manipulation, such as the conveying of exaggerated or false information by the other parent.
Speaker 2: I never heard of that ever.
Speaker 26: Yes, it's a lot of parents and that I hear stuff in the silence man sold.
Speaker 12: To We can change that mostly did.
Speaker 26: Gotta be the people that's not effected by gotta you.
Speaker 12: Know understand what it is the real.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling. I got more questions. I want to do.
Speaker 6: People like, like what do you do? Like do you go to therapy for that? Because it's on psychology today?
Speaker 1: Like you know, I mean that can be a tough thing when you want to see your child but the other parent isn't letting you, isn't letting the child see you because of you know lies.
Speaker 2: Good morning? Who's this William? Hi? William Clay? Who do you want to give donkey today to this morning?
Speaker 12: Sir? To my wife?
Speaker 2: Jeez, you got a Seren name.
Speaker 6: Don't be a sucker, Saren name.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say yo, Yody, yes, okay? Why are you giving it there?
Speaker 12: For being such a.
Speaker 11: Nassist and leaving me and my kids to be homeless?
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, I didn't expect that you're still calling the woman your wife. You're still calling the woman your wife when she left for you and your kids to be homeless.
Speaker 11: I'm still married to illegally.
Speaker 6: So let me ask your question.
Speaker 1: That you're the man, the man is supposed to protecting the provide, how does the woman leave you and the kids homeless?
Speaker 9: I don't know, man. I've been trying my whole Miami happen her for thirteen years.
Speaker 18: I've been busting myself trying to take care of her and my five kids, and it's just I don't have no help, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 11: I'm just lost in his own that called her che in and took a bag, and she's trying to do the best for my family and.
Speaker 16: It's just not working.
Speaker 2: And she left the kids too, left the kids too.
Speaker 22: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to hear that, my brother. I can't even sit here and act like I know I even know what to tell you right now. I understand that, all right, So we're gonna give Yodi the biggest he hall. I do want to hear the other side of the story. So if Yodie calls up here to give her side, you gotta let her.
Speaker 2: Talk, Yes, sir, all right, my brother?
Speaker 6: All right now, all right, people be going through it. Good morning?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 2: How are you beloved? Who is?
Speaker 4: How we do?
Speaker 1: I'm blessed black and Holly favor? What's up, Nikki? Who you want to get the biggest he had to to.
Speaker 11: That government, whatever our government, what government.
Speaker 1: The American government, the federal government, or the state government that you live in, all of them, Okay, they.
Speaker 9: Don't come out and to you but they want you to hote for them.
Speaker 13: This orange man, he running mocks the real people.
Speaker 10: You want to cut the PBA money, But how about whoever is coloring him his hair face? They need to cut their money.
Speaker 2: That is interesting.
Speaker 1: So you think that the person who colors Donald Trump's hair, that's wasteful spending?
Speaker 2: You think government taxes? Do you think taxpayer dollars are paying.
Speaker 12: For that.
Speaker 16: Good thing?
Speaker 11: He's doing everything else.
Speaker 10: And they're talking about and how come not putting that parade?
Speaker 2: Cutting?
Speaker 19: That?
Speaker 20: What the parade?
Speaker 10: His birthday parade?
Speaker 2: I thought they were cut. I thought they were cutting that they're doing that. I didn't I didn't hear them that they were doing that. Hurt.
Speaker 6: No confirmation they were doing that.
Speaker 10: I ain't heard, no confirmation that they are.
Speaker 1: No, they are doing the army's birthday bass, you're right, what's for the army? I don't freaking know what's going on. Thank you for calling. It's so much going on that I didn't even know that they were actually doing the military parade.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Who's this this domin league man with Dominique? What's happening where you call him from?
Speaker 12: I'm calling from Columbus, Ohio.
Speaker 6: All right man, who want to get the biggest he hard to.
Speaker 12: Man, I want to do the donkey the other day. This dude, I'm gonna just call it. Hate that you one of my managers. I'm looking right at him right now. I'm matter fast, but he's sitting up there hating army man, looking up my money and what not. So I asked him when I messed up. We couldn't even shows me.
Speaker 16: They just try to brush everything under the rug henything.
Speaker 12: So, hey, you are a dunk the other day.
Speaker 6: What are you hating on you for? Let me talk to a w man. Give them the phone.
Speaker 12: Man right now.
Speaker 2: Nah, yagg and you know you're gonna lose your.
Speaker 6: Job, but go follow formal complaint. Sir, don't call donkey of today.
Speaker 12: We're gonna do both.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, thank you for calling sir. Listen, we do that every Friday. Man, it's the people's donkey. You can just call up give somebody the credit they deserve for being stupid.
Speaker 2: Every Friday. We do that here on the Breakfast Club. All right, thank you for that donkey of today. For everybody that called now, no, no, no, no, no, now now now now, this is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have to take in be the breakfast club, cart twitch the music, right, we got to take Envy to breakfast. Envy did something so out of pocket just now. I've heard people say congratulations the folks when they aren't even pregnant. They just fat are bloated because it's their period of something.
Speaker 2: I don't do that no more. You've done it.
Speaker 1: I've heard people, you know, do your mama joke. The people whose mamas are dead.
Speaker 2: We didn't know.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You just let one fly and they let my mama dad elementary. Okay, Uh, those are all want to get away moments.
Speaker 1: But I heard a new one this week when Envy said happy Pride to someone who's not gay, but he just assumed they were because they might have a loans that to him, to him, they might have a loads that.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: Did they Envy?
Speaker 17: This?
Speaker 11: The Stacey, the one who brung up the cupcakes.
Speaker 2: For y'all Happy pride?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 12: Wait?
Speaker 2: Why you said that to me? I'm just saying say that happy pride and the.
Speaker 7: Craziest sayings like swallow right now, cupcake and oh god it and eat it from the back right now, cupcake?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 11: So wait, dj MVY, I have one question.
Speaker 12: Yes, how did y'all like it?
Speaker 11: I didn't get any from y'all.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's just enough saluting my guy Stacy dropping the clues, Bob staates you remember Stacy, right, Jess, he came up back, he baked.
Speaker 5: This cupcakes because y'all ate my cupcakes.
Speaker 1: Stacey is just a cool dude, regular dude, never even thought about what he was into. And here go in and be talking about happy pride. So my question is, has this ever happened to you? Has this ever happened to you?
Speaker 12: Jeff?
Speaker 1: Have you ever mistaken someone from being gay? Because in your eyes they had a little zest to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, And I get mistaken for gay, but you were at one point.
Speaker 2: That's different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but but I get mistaken more now than ever.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, maybe I'm not talking to you, but for everybody else, for everybody else, because I see y'all doing this with car any towns Now, are you just gonna tell a man happy pride for no reason?
Speaker 6: And he and Stacey had the right answer.
Speaker 2: What are you telling me that for my bad Stacy? Why did you.
Speaker 4: The names of the cupcake show? Like he said, he really do got cupcakes? Swallow it up and.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 7: And his voice was his listen to his voice. No, Stacey, I met Stacy Bro, my dad Stacy. But can you at least shot out his cupcakes and people can order some cupcakes and the cupcakes are good.
Speaker 3: Boss.
Speaker 1: I don't know the name of the you in court, Bro, and don't worry about you. Call us right now one, one hundred and five five, one oh five one.
Speaker 2: Have you ever done what Envy did?
Speaker 1: Have you ever mistook somebody for being gage just because they because in your eyes they had a little desteas because you got a queer eye. You're looking at everybody else game, huh? Call us right now. Is the breakfast club?
Speaker 3: Damn the breakfast club?
Speaker 7: You see everybody's thej Envy just hilarious, Charlamagne, you God, we are the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Yes, indeed, and we got envy and breakfast club court this morning because he just did something out of pocket. Now we've all had our want to get away moments. You know what I'm saying, where you a woman might be a little bloated on her period and you say congratulations to her as if she's pregnant.
Speaker 2: You did that one time. It's happened, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We've all had that moment in school where you your mama joke fly and that person be like, man, my mam and dad, and you'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, damn, I happened me one time to you ain't know, you didn't.
Speaker 3: Know, But this one I ain't never heard.
Speaker 2: This one.
Speaker 3: Envy told a man happy pride.
Speaker 2: Damn, and the man wasn't even gay. Let's play the call.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 11: Stacy, the one who brung up the cupcakes for y'all?
Speaker 2: Hey, happy pride?
Speaker 13: Why you said that to me?
Speaker 7: I'm just saying say that happy Pride and your cupcakes is the craziest things.
Speaker 1: Like, first of all, Stacey came up here a few weeks ago. Stacey, you know they baked cupcakes for us. If somebody find me the name of Stacy's cupcake company, h you texted to me Stacey came up here.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh, it's the.
Speaker 1: Name of Stacey Cupcake Company. And he sent it to me just now. It's called uh crazy. Oh, what's the name of his cupcake company.
Speaker 2: He came up here.
Speaker 1: All he did was bring us cupcakes, and the cupcakes got like sexual names to him.
Speaker 6: Right, Stacey's famous cupcakes cupcakes is nothing.
Speaker 2: First of all, I don't even know what Gate looks like.
Speaker 1: I guess I do sometimes, but but there's nothing about Stacy that gives off zesty. Why would you tell his man happy pride?
Speaker 2: His voice was just mad light and then he had the weird names.
Speaker 3: I was wrong.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong people because of the name of his coupcakes, saying you kay all the time. I don't care, mean neither, but that don't have nothing to do with But you saying happy pride to this man that you barely even know. I think that's disrespectful. I've been seeing him do that. The cat called Anthony Towns too. What'd you say, Jeff?
Speaker 5: And then he tried to play it off like I'm just saying happy pride?
Speaker 2: Are you no good?
Speaker 1: And damn well, you don't say happy pride to nobody that's not celebrating pride.
Speaker 4: Why y'all, Why that man got a wife, kid's sons, who go ahead?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Man, Let's let's go to the phone ones, Hello, who's thish?
Speaker 2: What's that? Nika helped me out, all right.
Speaker 10: I was confused a little a couple of days. But when Smiley up there and he brought his son, because I always thought he was gay.
Speaker 1: All Ricky smiles, son, and that's not his son. So you're just wrong all across the world. Chris is not his son.
Speaker 2: Oh why would you think that?
Speaker 10: Because he was talking about his kids.
Speaker 2: Why would you think Ricky was gay?
Speaker 10: He sings like one of the old school gays, like he was raised in religious homes.
Speaker 13: But you're not ever gonna come out.
Speaker 1: But everybody I hate man salutor, Ricky Smiley, man, y'all. You know, y'all, y'all just being ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Who's this?
Speaker 9: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Actually, yes, Ashley, have you have a mistaken somebody for being gay?
Speaker 2: Because they had a little zest to him?
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, yeah, so that was his side.
Speaker 10: When I was in high school for freshman years, he was sucking out with all the girls and he never hung up with none of the boys.
Speaker 7: And he owes on this laws.
Speaker 10: So I went up to him, was like, hey, you don't say that you gave yourself, but that everything you took twenty boys, and he was like, I'm not gay.
Speaker 11: But when we graduated in high school, he.
Speaker 16: Ended up transitioning.
Speaker 10: So I wasn't wrong.
Speaker 13: I just shutting him out too early.
Speaker 6: No, he transitioned to what girl?
Speaker 26: Female?
Speaker 2: So he was transgender. He wasn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was gay in high school.
Speaker 13: He was a boy going by his boy name.
Speaker 10: Yeah, saying that he was not gay, and I saw that he was out.
Speaker 2: But but you can transition and still like women.
Speaker 9: Yeah, No, he transitioned and like men and.
Speaker 13: Got okay, he teaches you know, he's not.
Speaker 2: So maybe he wasn't in high school. Maybe you know, he figured out what he liked later in life. I'm not doing this with y'all the clause you would have known he was in the closet, all right.
Speaker 5: So so look you said he with a man now, right, Like he with a man?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he's a he's a like nobody Dan, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But he's no, No, he is a female when he's with a man though, yes, right, yeah, So he wasn't gay because he just wanted to be a woman.
Speaker 5: Like he wasn't attracted to two men as a.
Speaker 1: Let's go to let's go to the next call. That math problem just messed me up. I felt like that new math my kids be bringing home. I don't know what the hell go ask your mama good morning, good morning, d Just let her. Have you ever mistaken somebody for being gay? Just because there was a little estie?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I kind of all the time special with my guy friends. Like you know how sometimes some guys may talk slim boyant, but they're not really gay.
Speaker 12: Just talk that way.
Speaker 14: You can't really ask the semps, so it's kind of like he or is he not? And if you ask, you know gi a way. So you should just keep it in my mind and try to find out another way. But it happens often based on how you carry your how you talk, how to carry yourself.
Speaker 1: I actually don't mind you keeping it to yourself. The problem I have is when people like MV be like happy pride the people. You don't know what the people's sexuality are leading people alone and a man.
Speaker 5: A man, it's not about to be flamboyant if he's not gay.
Speaker 2: Well eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you're just joining us.
Speaker 1: Have you ever mistaken somebody for being gay? Because they are little zestsy and we come back. We're gonna play some calls, well, play some moments from Carl Anthony town because I'm tired of y'all wishing him happy pride for no damn reason too.
Speaker 4: Now see it's a little I need to see what this person is. It's now a little zesty is different from flamboyant. He just said some of his friends talk flamboyantly.
Speaker 5: But be not gay.
Speaker 2: I gotta hear it true. Yeah, I gotta hear. I gotta hear it. I gotta hear what he means. Now if you're just joining us, Charlamagne is giving me hell thisss morning.
Speaker 1: No not, I got you a breakfast club court because you know you called you. You had to nerve our guys. Stacy Stacey from Stacy's Famous Cupcakes. All Stacey did was bring us some dope cupcakes up here, tasty cupcakes that had like sexual names to.
Speaker 6: Him, like swallow it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah from the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, and which is fine, But for whatever reason, you decided to tell his man happy pride.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, Stacey my back. I'm play play the call real quick, right for those who just joined us.
Speaker 3: Just hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: This is Stacy, the one who brung up the cupcakes for you?
Speaker 2: He happy pride?
Speaker 11: What why do you said that to me?
Speaker 2: Why you say that to me? Exactly why you said that to me? And I'm gonna tell you why else.
Speaker 1: Dad is messed up because a lot of these people, and I'm not saying this about Stacey, some people may just not want anybody to know because it's nobody's business.
Speaker 6: And here you go out in them for no damn reasons. Be pride, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Now, Let's play some of call Anthony tom Towns moments, because for some reason, y'all want to wish him happy pride all the damn time.
Speaker 2: Damn time too now.
Speaker 3: Because outside looking in like we was like, damn, it's total chaos.
Speaker 12: And it was right now for sure.
Speaker 2: You ever see that, It's like a train. I was like, oh my god, I was like, why did I do that?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 2: They asked me a media about you.
Speaker 5: They really did Sounder basketball converse and that's just scared of.
Speaker 16: It's crazy because after all that, they took him off the court to put him even to the locker.
Speaker 2: First of all, that's Luther Cat. I suppose to Cat. That man's name is Cat. I was supposed to Cat a couple of jobs. And you could say he has a light voice. He has a light voice, but he's not gay. His nickname is Cat.
Speaker 1: That man's inn gazed and Jordan Woods Cat out here living his best life, okay, and y'all probably walking up to him wishing him happy pride just because of the damn Internet.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. The cat go to the phones, man, Yo, hello, who's this listen, and he.
Speaker 3: To talk to us.
Speaker 10: So I worked in a barbershop in Burlingham, Michigan. This guy kept saying my partner, my partner, my partner, And I was like, I'm actually saying, oh, for your husband, and he was like, no, my wife. And I've never been throwing embarrassed, but why would you just say my wife? And I just called him. I'm like it was just a stale appointment. After that, I was like, I'm throwing embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Well you can.
Speaker 6: You don't have to be, first of all, a partner, don't mean just the wife, yo.
Speaker 5: But I get what she's me.
Speaker 10: I'm in the area to where it's like very you. I don't know if you know Michigan, but like we're very like you know Ferndale all that, we're very open and we have a bunch of flags around our shop.
Speaker 3: I did use that word on the radio.
Speaker 2: He said flags.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, my bad dad. I was like, now you never okay, just making sure God is damn. I'm like, see y'all just going crazy to Trump back in office.
Speaker 5: No yo, No, I was.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yes, I understand, but partner is a gender neutral term. Not really. When you say partner, you automatically assume same sex. No, I don't automatically. That's your problem.
Speaker 1: You keep automatically assuming you You keep making an ass out of yourself because you want somebody in yours.
Speaker 2: But nobody ever says my partner. You say my wife.
Speaker 7: Like do you say your partner? Jesse said your husband. I say my husband.
Speaker 5: But look, usually gay guys do you say my partner? Could say husband? They usually say that.
Speaker 4: When I was at the hospital, I had a nurse and whatever, and he kept saying his partner, his partner, And that's how I knew he was gay. Other than that I wouldn't know, and he was gay. He was like, yeah, I'm and then he was like, I'm very spoiled by my partner, and I was like, oh yeah, he gay. But before that I couldn't detect his zest.
Speaker 2: What what about that? You know, if you're in the land and somebody like, that's my partner, you know what I'm saying my partner?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I've heard, Yes, they do say that in the spirit that's my partner.
Speaker 2: Then listen, man.
Speaker 1: The moral of the story is stop doing that to people. Don't be assuming that people are anything. Okay, mind your damn business, right if you don't got to say happy pride just because you feel that way, because you might be out in somebody that don't want to be outed all. You just might be offending somebody because they're not gay. Like, why you calling me? Watching me happy pride?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Stacy?
Speaker 12: What go go?
Speaker 7: Supports the Stacy he makes cupcakes, dope cupcakes? What's what's this cupcake line?
Speaker 2: And everything?
Speaker 1: Stacy's uh, Stacy's famous, Stay's Famous cupcakes, Stacy's famous cupcakes.
Speaker 2: Salute to you, Stacy.
Speaker 7: All right, when we come back, we got past the UK's Nila will be joining us, and don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody you c j n V. Just Hilaris Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for past the Oaks. Yeah, djuy.
Speaker 23: Yeah yeah, all that all that good stuff. What's up, guys?
Speaker 17: I want to start with honorable mentions of songs we're not gonna get into, but drop today Gurella dry Tapa, which SAMPLESHK.
Speaker 5: Loved the type is Hard.
Speaker 17: Yes, Little Sims dropped the album one of my favorite spitterers from the UK. It's called Lotus Sexy Red drop the track, and Tydallas Sign also dropped a song called all In that samples a few different rhythms.
Speaker 2: Why you play a Little Sims?
Speaker 1: I want to get into Little Sims because I saw somebody I don't know, it's what's funny you've said that because randomly I saw a video yesterday of a bunch of people bigging up Little Sims like Little Kim, I mean, Little Kendrick Lamar bust a rhyme, really.
Speaker 2: Ochie. It's just a bunch of artists big in her up saying how that's like their new favorite rapper.
Speaker 23: Now just now, I'm finally glad. Everybody becau Kendrick.
Speaker 2: He was even short.
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, Nah, sim has really been that girl over there, she spits crazy. But the album just came out today, so I got to listen to it. But honorable mention it dropped today, makes you guys check that out. I'm going to start in Atlanta with some R and B. It's a new artist named Destiny Brianna in this song it's called Special.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 5: I like that, it's real. It's cool.
Speaker 2: I like, okay cool, I feel like I've heard it before.
Speaker 23: Okay, okay. Keeping it in Atlanta.
Speaker 17: Suavey dropped a new tape called Billy two on May ninth, and Billy one was an R and B tape.
Speaker 23: Billy two is a rap tape for all of the fellas.
Speaker 17: Personally, I love Billy one, but Billy two has been actually going up in Atlanta. The song Bishop is doing really well, followed by the song Destiny that sample's Destiny Child, but the one that Jermaine du Pree reposed. It is called Off the Leash, which is a play off of Gucci Man Off the Leash, and is doing really well.
Speaker 2: He's snapping, snapping, okay.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, old.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Off the Leash is such a classic.
Speaker 5: Record, classic classic records, So it's like.
Speaker 1: You know, when you've said it, I'm listening, So I'm waiting for that energy. I get what he was doing as an interpret what they call it the interpolation, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But it was cool.
Speaker 17: It's cool, yes, Okay, but the whole tape is fired, so definitely check it out. And Jermaine da Prex liked this so much that he invited him to the studio. So I'm looking forward to see what they cook up because I've really been enjoying these producer tapes that's.
Speaker 2: Been going on, especially when it's the old g's and the young arts. I like that.
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, it's a good way to bridge is.
Speaker 1: Going how to make records. A lot of times the young artists don't necessarily know how to make records.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well, if the ogs want to train some of the younger producers, they're more than willing to.
Speaker 2: Different.
Speaker 7: Now though before it was you know, sixteen hook, sixteen hook, sixteen hook, Now there is a lot less than that. Now many songs only be two minutes long, minute and forty long, so it's totally different.
Speaker 23: This is true.
Speaker 17: Well, another producer artist tape that's going to be dropping on the twentieth is Kenyon Dixon and Arras Martin. It's called See You Later and it features Rhapsody and one of my favorite upcoming singers O g.
Speaker 23: The song that I want to say today is called see You Later. That ain't even last I did.
Speaker 2: Hit us up for that now, I gotta look that up.
Speaker 5: That's that you said.
Speaker 17: That's Kenyon Dixon and Terris Martin. So, but that's just the singles. They gotta tape that's coming. They have a crazy record on there called not Like That and another one called Only Real One Survive.
Speaker 5: They sent me to take you said yes girl downloading now? Period?
Speaker 17: Okay, good, all right, We're gonna keep it R and B since you guys are feeling that I was gonna hit this little Wayne joint because you know he dropped Card to six, but let's keep it R and B.
Speaker 5: This last one is an R and B artist, nam Akia.
Speaker 17: She signed to since the eighties with Zeke and Barry and I'm actually gonna be DJ in the showcase this Weekend b Et Weekend in LA.
Speaker 23: But the song is called pajamas.
Speaker 5: I love this song, like, oh I don't want.
Speaker 1: To we can do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you like capill your stuff coming to right now?
Speaker 5: You don't see she gave Norman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard that one too. I feel like that same formula that they do with a lot of the girls.
Speaker 17: Fine, Terrence Martin, Okay, okay. I ended up with that one because of the segues. It goes based off what y'all said, y'all like joint tapes, all right, cool? I got one for joint tapes anyway. If you guys like what y'all here, and if you guys want to actually tap into some of those other records I mentioned, Glorilla, Uh, Sexy Red. Make sure you guys follow me on the gram at Nilo simone. That's n Y L A S Y M O N E E E. Click the link in bio. I have all the songs in there on the Certified Playlist. Certified Vibe is also having a Battle of the Beats next week in partnership with twenty four seven artists and Timberland's beat club So Tap in Producer community. We had so many submissions, but we narrowed it down to a good bunch. So I'm excited for that. And yet, if you guys are in the LA for be Et Weekend, I'll be out there doing this since the eighty showcase.
Speaker 23: So pull up on me.
Speaker 2: Where is that at?
Speaker 17: I don't remember the venue in La, but okay, yeah, it's somewhere out there.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be safe out in La.
Speaker 23: Thank you.
Speaker 7: All right, when we come back, we got the People's Choice mix. You know, we throw it back on the Friday. So let me know what you want to hear. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, wake up, waol. If you're like's into the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is DJ NV, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne to gud.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, man, salute to everybody that's headed out to be Et Awards weekend in La.
Speaker 2: That's right, Lauren LaRosa and Nihlas Simone.
Speaker 1: I look at y'all and I say to myselves, gold young people, go, Okay, I didn't live that life.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy that I don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: But it's gonna be fun, though, you're gonna I've done being too wards a couple of years, but I was talking about on the podcast.
Speaker 5: This year is different because I'm doing it with the show with you guys, and.
Speaker 2: You're in the radio room. You never done a radio room.
Speaker 4: I've been in a radio room with talent, but not actually doing it. And they got you know, we got a whole breakfast club set up in the radio room, and I'm doing something on the pre show carpass. So it's just a different level of doing it this year. I'm wonna be tired, but I'm definitely gonna have a good time.
Speaker 1: What the beauty of it is all the artists that you've spoken about may or may not be there, you know what I'm saying. So just you know, be ready, just just standing and toes down because all you doing is you're just reporting the news. And it's the first time we ever been in the radio room. We've never been in the radio room.
Speaker 2: That's not true, is it.
Speaker 5: That's what I was told.
Speaker 2: We've never been there.
Speaker 3: You've ever been in the radio room?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: Me neither.
Speaker 7: No, okay, all right, yeah, but it's the first time to breakfast in the radio room. So you'll be representing us.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I feel like everybody's gonna be really excited to see the breakfast club set up there, because you know they walk through like a cafeteria.
Speaker 5: They're gonna be so exciting.
Speaker 2: Natural hair.
Speaker 5: No, I actually have my hairstyle. She lands in about a couple of hours. We have a couple of things with your wing.
Speaker 4: Okay, I will do I will do this for a day, but it's gonna the bob gonna look a little different.
Speaker 2: Rep us when we come.
Speaker 6: Don't depend rep us depended on what you wear.
Speaker 5: I feel like yours was a little shady and here you come.
Speaker 2: What's what do you reping us? Now, Lord, gonna do a good job. Just be prepared.
Speaker 1: That's all truth. Truth be told. To get the outfits. Forget the hair because they're gonna look terrible anyway. Focus on what you do best, which is your craft. That's the number one thing you think about in that radio room, because everybody in that radio room is really gonna be focused on their craft, and they really gonna be in their busing.
Speaker 2: I remember being in the radio room one time. This is way way way back in the day.
Speaker 1: Actually, I was working with Wendy Williams at the time, and you know, of course Wendy Wendy Ben had done her radio room, Dave, but she sent me to do the radio room. And you got to think about this. This is like old seven. So I remember Janet Jackson came and they made every other artist get out and they.
Speaker 2: Cleared everything just for Janet Jackson. Like that's what, That's what type of error that was?
Speaker 1: This type of era with Kim Kardashian could just walk around by herself because people.
Speaker 2: Didn't know at all.
Speaker 1: I remember I had I had ray It was some some ray J single that was sitting you know that you had the CD. It was some CD singles sitting on the booth that I was in and came grabbing it through.
Speaker 2: It was a good time.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Oh, different era, different era.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know who I'll be talking to, but I'm excited to be in conversation. We get a prelist, but you know, radio room get crazy.
Speaker 2: Anybody anybody can walk anytime.
Speaker 1: You get a lot of content, Get a lot of content for your podcast, the ladies Wi Lauren, get a lot of content for breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good time. You enjoy it. Like we tell our kids, though, don't be embarrassing us out there now.
Speaker 6: Embarrass already is she says?
Speaker 2: She bringing her ladies.
Speaker 5: You already hers natural hair as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's what she needs to do. It's time to get out of here, but before we do, make sure you check out Straw. Tyler Perry.
Speaker 7: Straw us out today starring Taraji p Henton who was here earlier today.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is Man.
Speaker 1: Make sure you go support Scraw. My guy Tyler Perry, and it's an other movie I want you all to support.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Ballerina okay, from the world of John Wick is in theaters today. It stars an of the Armists and Lance Reddick and Keanu Reeves is in it as well. Slew through my guy Basil Basil, I want it. Okay, that's my production partner. But his movie Ballerina is coming out today. It's a spin off of the John Wick films.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: So you know, if you're in theaters, you can go see Straw. You can go see Ballerina. One of the two. No, it's Scrawl in theaters. Crawls not in theaters. Scraws on Netflix. So you can watch something on Netflix then go to the theatre. If you feel like a movie going experience, you can go check out Ballerina in theaters today. From the World of John Wick.
Speaker 2: All right, you got a positive note?
Speaker 1: Yes, man, I do have a positive note and it comes from Albert Einstein. And this is something that I think everybody needs to remember. Try not to become a person of success. Listen to what I said, Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.
Speaker 6: If you become a person of value, then the success will come.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, breakfast club bitches, you
Speaker 5: Don't finish or y'all done.