Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, and welcome to this afternoon edition of other Things. You're trying running through my running the thing you're trying remember that band tattoo in the style of pain to turn into a title. Just we'll just call it all the things you trend That's what we'll call it. That is from Johnny Davis short show title spice.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: That's the moniker there and I'm joined in the second seat guest co pilot, guest co host. Some of y'all who are down with four twenty fiance already know the legend that is Brian. But for those of you that also is in the show and you hear about producer Brian, well here he is, Breeze Nai, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: It's a me.
Speaker 1: It's a me Brian. That's kind of that feels a little odd. It's a me Brian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how you get it.
Speaker 1: Let's tell people what is trending right now. The first one, Chuck E Cheese is trending because it was announced that they will be removing those yanky animatronic fucking bands and ship from all their location except for one in California, because they want to preserve the nostalgia vibrations. No, this is what's so funny. They've been doing this for like years. I felt like when we started this podcast, it was they were like, yeah, we're going to be offlining it, and like it was people were like trying to buy the fucking Chuck Chees remember the Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: They were, they were they were selling.
Speaker 1: Ship yeah exactly. So this doesn't quite strike me as news, but a lot of people are, like some one website was, They're trying to speculate that. It's like, oh dude, it's probably because a five night at freddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just seems like an odd time to like, I don't know if five nights at Freddy's makes people want to go to a Chuck e Cheese necessarily. But it's like, I mean, their visibility is up.
Speaker 2: Or is it?
Speaker 1: Or is it there? I mean, are they trying to be like, yeah, man, they're probably afraid that those fucking those fuckers are going to come to life and kill people.
Speaker 2: That's the way.
Speaker 3: That's way more interesting than my cynical thought of maybe they're just trying to like make like a ship ton of eBay money off of selling these animatronic things, like oh right, selling.
Speaker 2: Them as haunted.
Speaker 1: Why not, Oh would you buy a haunted Chucky cheese? And I don't know, I don't like them enough. I bet Jamie Loftus would probably, that's like her whole.
Speaker 2: Thing, so haunted with what right it goes?
Speaker 1: Not like like what kind of like it has? No, it's like it doesn't have the spirit of a murderer. It's just like we'd type situation. Nah nah, but weird shit happens around these yanky robots.
Speaker 3: I don't mind a little bit of spookery. I think in theory, I've never been spooked, but yeah, same, you know, if you want to open up all my cabinets or like rearrange the furniture, I don't give a shit.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't know. If that's all they got, then that's fine.
Speaker 1: That's so funny, like a movie about a dude who's being haunted. But like it's just like they're like minor inconveniences. When other people be like, dude, a fucking ghost is doing You're like, yeah, usually what.
Speaker 3: A ghost movie is to me at least, it's a lot of like moving furniture around, rearranging stuff. Yes, inconvenient, but yeah, it's just I don't get the I don't get it. I don't get what I ghosts.
Speaker 1: You know what, I bet it would be a bridge too far if they started fucking with your like audio equipment.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, if they fuck with my routing it's ugly.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I mean. So then what that's what's so funny? It's hyper specific. And then people were like, this isn't a fucking horror movie.
Speaker 2: Yes it was.
Speaker 3: If there was a ghost of some old sour engineer that just wanted to fuck with me specifically, Yeah, that would be a fun That would be a nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, turn down your backup power supply and then cut the touch your breakers and shit, and then be like a, I look at you that you could save your work, asshole.
Speaker 2: Surprise.
Speaker 1: Another thing to talk about, since we both love music, is okay, this sphere you know that like is going up in Vegas that everyone's like, holy shit, it's making me sick being inside of it. But it's also kind of insane. The apparently we're gonna get one in Los Angeles where you used to live. It might might be a way to coax you back, because apparently on Sunset Boulevard, another thing called this sphere is going up, but apparently.
Speaker 2: The people fucking rinky dank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one looks fucking This looks jankier than a fucking chuck e cheese robot.
Speaker 3: It does not trigger my megalophobia. I distinctly remember in Vegas, from whatever arena we were at, you can see basketball. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And from that distance, my mind was extrapolating being right next to Yeah, what that, I have megalophobia like big objects. Yeah, shp my brain and I was I couldn't even look at it. I couldn't even look at it from the outside. My my friend went to go see you too, and really the yeah, the video she shot from inside is just like it's wild. It's like I'm like equally terrified, and I'm like, I have to I might have to go. I hate you too, but I might have to go see you too because that shit looks amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm basically in because of Marco Brambia did the the visuals.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought it looked familiar.
Speaker 1: He did Ye did the Power video right, Yeah, exactly, and he did Demolition Man. He was the only film he directed was Demolition Man, and yeah, it was a great visual artist. Oh yeah, yeah like that. So that combined, I mean, I guess I could sit through, like you know, those trait and then be like, well, ship visuals are hidden.
Speaker 3: I'll just put in my noise canceling ebuds and I'll listen to something else while I watched the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one is not even fucking close to what is happening in Vegas. But also I love that the people who are making the sphere, like who actually made this here in Vegas immediately came at these people in La were like, hey man, once you back the fuck up, there's a potential conflict and confusion, which is legally saying, yo, watch your fucking back. Maybe you need to rethink the fucking name. Because it looks like a.
Speaker 3: Giant globe more than the sphere. This is not a singular thing like the Sphere.
Speaker 1: No, it has like multiple screens wrapping it up. It looks like if they've made a third of the Death Star advertising space.
Speaker 2: It kind of looks like.
Speaker 3: This, and I you know, I didn't read too deeply into it, but it doesn't look like there's seating inside of it for thousands of fucking people. So I'm like, maybe you can fit one guy in there.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be between a Best Western and another hotel on sun'sset.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be between a Best Western and another Best.
Speaker 1: It's really not They're really not coming with it with this one. But hey, we can dream, can't we uh to one day have our own sphere? I mean, like, I'm not gonna lie. I do want to just have my.
Speaker 3: When I saw when I saw my friend posted, I immediately looked up concert schedule the sphere because I'm like, are they gonna have anything I'm into there?
Speaker 2: Because I will fly out right for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, are there any other artists that they've even I don't think there are.
Speaker 3: No, there's not a whole lot they have like the experience where they just showcasing footage and stuff shot for that screen because they have they have a whole like new camera system just for that interior screen because it's so whatever.
Speaker 2: The it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, anyway, like let's just let's move on to our next interesting topic. Some apparently Mark m Wayne Mullen, Senator Mark Wayne Mullen, he wanted to catch a fade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Senate.
Speaker 1: This guy has big, tough guy energy. So let me set the scene for you. There's a hearing going on and the Teamsters boss Sean O'Brien is in there. If you remember we've talked about him before, because I believe it was back in June of this year. You know Mark Wayne Mullen, Senator, Mark Well, he's got he's got a bit of an anti like hostile towards labor streak in him, so of course that's not going to sit well with a union boss. And there was a picture of him at a primary debate where he was, you know, he didn't want to cop to his height like you know, conservative men obviously, uh toxic masculinity reigned supreme in this country. But he was shown he was standing on a box so he could look, you know, in similar stature to someone he was debating.
Speaker 2: And Sean O'Brien, let me.
Speaker 3: Just jump, I think this is more production than anything else personally, of like framing the shot and having someone considerably shorter the whole shot.
Speaker 1: So they're going to like, yo, bro, you're oh short, You're making it harder for our camera operators.
Speaker 2: But isn't that what they do right?
Speaker 1: Like they can't, I mean, but that would be for something where like you have to have everything like the lighting is so specific. But I feel like on Brad like they're not imagine if this was someone who.
Speaker 2: Was much the lighting it's super even.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not gonna be like, hey man, you're gonna have to stand on like six apple boxes regardless, right the Sean O'Brien tweeted this in June with this picture of him on the debate that this debate set or whatever and said, greedy ceo who pretends like he's self made in reality just the clown and fraud. Always has been, always will be quite the tough guy act in these senate hearings. You know where to find me any place, anytime, cowboy, because you know, he had a lot of shit to say about organized labor. So he got his chance because Sean O'Brien was in the building. Senator Mark Wayne Mullen and Mark Wayne Mullen did not forget. I do want to keep in mind. Well let's just point either. No, let's just let the people. Well, this is what you came for. This could have been pay per view, but here we go. This clip is going to start off with Senator Mullen being like, let me read some receipts, of how this guy cooked me on Twitter basically, and it goes from there.
Speaker 4: It's like he's self made. Sor I wish he was in the truck with me when I was building my plumbing company, myself and my wife was running the office, because I should remember working pretty hard in long hours.
Speaker 1: I just do want to pause there, he said, when I was building my plumbing company. This is from his Wikipedia page. In nineteen ninety seven, at age twenty, Mullen took over his father's business, Mullen Plumbing. Okay, so anyway, just keep that in mind.
Speaker 4: R TUN's like he's self made. What a clown fraud, always has been, always will be. Quit the tough guy act in these senate hearings. Do you know where to find me any place? Anytime?
Speaker 2: Cowboy?
Speaker 4: Sorry, this is a time. This is a place, and around your mouth. We can be too consenting adults. If we can finish it here, Okay, that's fine, perfect, you want it now, I'd love to do it right now. We'll stand your butt up.
Speaker 2: You stands up on them. He stands up.
Speaker 3: He didn't just stand up, he damn there flips his tear over.
Speaker 1: Bernie's like, yo, chill, chill.
Speaker 3: If we can't, No, I have This is what he said, Dad, this is what he said.
Speaker 1: So then Bernie like he calm ship down, gives Sean O'Brien a moment to speak his piece, and Sean O'Brien even fucking just further violating this senator, hold it.
Speaker 2: Answer the questions all.
Speaker 1: Right, you'll want if I he he made a lot of statements, right, and his statements of fiction.
Speaker 2: At best, answer the question.
Speaker 4: Please, I can't understand him to be honest with you, just a little getting a little testy there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it is interesting to know that he said he is worth about it said at the end of twenty twenty one, his reported assets increased to a range of thirty one to seventy five million, compared to a range of seven to twenty nine million at the end of twenty twenty and apparently this was from the sale of plumbing related companies to Hometown Services. So anyway, he's got this man's making money but still want.
Speaker 2: To pick in sanitarition. He's not doing that like everybody else.
Speaker 1: No, I sold my business that I inherited. I think that's what he takes you know, he takes umbrage with that statement. No, I don't know what state the business. I mean, he very well could have done that, but it's just funny when he like the thin skin, especially when you're getting called out by people who are not millionaires. But anyway, we almost had a bit of a almost you know, could have some fisticuffs traded.
Speaker 3: Probably not, which is what you'd love to see in elected officials.
Speaker 1: Because I think he's like also like an He Trains MMA series. You know, he's got tough guy syndrome. I mean it's bad. It's you know, these people walking around with TGS man tough guy syndrome, they just there's only one man that can cure them, and that is me ee alone, tough guy syndrome. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back, and we're back RFK Robert fucking Kennedy Junior. I think is how it works. That guy so like earlier this month, he was he was caught out here on first class on an airplane with his ten toes out, just barefoot walking up the down the aisles on an airplane, which in my book, that is what we call a violation. I would say, this is not your house. Other people have to be there taking your shoes off with the socks.
Speaker 2: I don't mind that.
Speaker 1: You gotta let your feet, you know, like being in restrictive shoes doesn't help all the time. Going fully bare foot feels this a little bit too much, Like I don't now, I'm like imagining if your feet thing.
Speaker 2: I just don't need that. I don't like that, you know what I mean, familiar.
Speaker 1: But I get it.
Speaker 2: He's walking.
Speaker 1: So he was like caught with that, and then apparently like he when a bunch of people were giving him shit about it, He's like got sick ass social media dude, Like whoever's running in social media did a great job because they're basically doubling down and they're like, oh yeah, we'll look at him now at the airport waiting for his flight, just feet fully out in the airport waiting area, like at the gate.
Speaker 2: The fuck is this now?
Speaker 3: For some reason, I was picturing him because I hadn't heard about this. I was picturing him and like a T shirt and sweatpants and like flip flops.
Speaker 2: He's wearing a full ass suit and he's.
Speaker 3: Got like leather like beetle boots or whatever the fuck he's got there. I assume it's a lot to remove. Yeah, it's just an incongruous look to go barefoot in.
Speaker 1: A full Yeah, it makes you look just like I don't know, it's.
Speaker 3: Better if you're but it makes more sense that if you remove don't give a fuck your your foot garments and they happen to be flip flaps, that yeah, you're you're gonna be immediately fare.
Speaker 1: You can't claim I don't. I d g a F vibes wearing a suit with the button still button, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. I don't know, man, but hey, it's removed literally and figuratively.
Speaker 1: Not a good look. Yeah, truly truly. But hey, for those of you, I feel bad when I've seen it. You know, you see posts like that on Twitter all the time. But I remember being on an airplane and seeing like the person get the arm rest surprise when the person behind them like their toes be touching your elbow and ship from the row behind you, and they're like, what the fuck is that? And then someone's fucking feet.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's it. That is a That is a frank conversation. At least for me, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, I mean you know, call me hemingway because it shit about to get earnest. Okay, so let's lastly, we're gonna talk about this on tomorrow's episode. But I can't resist bringing it up again because it is exciting to me as a musician, as a music fan, as just a fan of Outcast. Andre three thousand has a new album coming out. That's right, it's coming out Friday. Okay, it's coming out Friday, and hold on to your butts. There is no rapping on it. It is him on the flute. It is called New Blue Sun, and that feels like such an experimental like flute album name like New Blue Sun. And I'm excited. I honestly, I'm really I'm excited to hear it because I want to see he's such a great artist.
Speaker 3: I've not been as excited for release in twenty twenty three as I am for this. Just hearing about this, I'm like, this is this is exactly what I need in my life, is experimental flute music from someone who's just out of the game and just trying kind of like be happy and live.
Speaker 1: Life right exactly, because the first track is acknowledging that, Like the first track is basically like, hey, man, I tried to make her op album, but like this is what happened, and you're like, great, we love you.
Speaker 3: And I respect that so much of just like I didn't you know, I didn't make some contrived right of content.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I.
Speaker 3: Made what was was true to me. So yeah, I really I really.
Speaker 2: Like that you get.
Speaker 1: You see a lot of artists they get like there's like those albums like because their ego just gets the best of them, and they're like they're trying to do what.
Speaker 3: Their audience or critics expect of them. They're trying to like predict, you know, just taking in all these opinions on like oh, what what they'd like to see next from this guy, and he can really like cloud what you want to do, absolutely, especially when you have a lot of eyes on you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. That's why like I always respect artists who fucking I don't care if you take years to make an out, like because there are album people who wait that long, but there are other ones like where they wait years and they put out something even better, like I always talk about Voodoo following up, you know, like d'angelo's second album.
Speaker 3: My favorite example of this is MGMT because when they came out. They were there were these indie pop sort of electro sounding dart things, and they completely abandoned They abanded it in such a spectacular way that alienated almost everything that people liked about them. And you know, no matter how you feel about MGMT, it's like that second album was like, huh.
Speaker 1: Wait, so wait, I didn't even know what wait what was that album? Like?
Speaker 3: It was just like it was an art rock album. It wasn't anything like what you would have expected people doing, like electric Feel or whatever those other songs were. But yeah, they started working with the Flaming Lips producer and making just weirdo ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I think that's what's funny, you know, like this is something I feel like creative people talk like, especially in music, right, Like you can tell when an artist is making something for an audience that is outside of them, and you can tell when someone is sincerely expressing themselves and their interests in the way that they know how to best. Drake, Dude, he's lost, bro Roby.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Yo, stop drinking so much.
Speaker 1: Every fucking social media post is you fuckings do anything?
Speaker 2: Do anything else? Abrey please?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you've already you've made enough.
Speaker 2: Just stop, just stop, do something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it has it's been it's been a long time since I was like, oh okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Although, don't be a writer because your book sucked.
Speaker 1: Did you have a book?
Speaker 2: You had a book?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you're you're you're following much closer than I then.
Speaker 2: Was it about?
Speaker 1: Was it about like his like the forty eight Laws of Power according to Drake or something.
Speaker 3: I can't remember the title. It was like something titles or disappointing or something like that. I can't remember the title, ruing everything, titles ruin everything.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's like a stream of consciousness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's nonsense.
Speaker 1: Oh and like Fadeon put it out, so it's like an art book that's just a fun Yeah, that's just another product that ain't that ain't art fam Wow, that's like honest, that stream of consciousness book writing from someone has no business writing a book is an insult to the people that are buying it, which is.
Speaker 3: Funny because he's literally a rapper who My understanding is they occasionally have to write things down.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's not what I'm checking on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or at all, Like it's so bad One of the things is the stuff you'd be saying on those apps, says a lot.
Speaker 2: That's why that's that's a Trenchent insight. Aubrey.
Speaker 1: Wow, if I didn't know how to keep my comments to myself, I'd be commenting stfu bass, this.
Speaker 2: Is this is bad.
Speaker 1: This is bad, this is bad.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, real art. Shout out to the real artist. Uh, you know, just making things expressing yourself because people will pick up on that. Yeah, and I'm excited. Andre can't wait to hear it. And you know, inevitably people are gonna start like trying to like flip beats out of that album and then put his like acapellas on it and ship.
Speaker 2: This will be his true legacy.
Speaker 1: So y'all, could you imagine he starts doing some Jethrow tall ship Ah with the posture too, he with the one on the knee and ship. Oh man, that would be so funny, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, him doing features on other people ship but it's just flute Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but that would be wild. It's like him on like a new Lil Wayne track and it's like Andre to oh, She's like, Noah, he did the flute sample.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I love this for him, I love this for us?
Speaker 1: Or or do you just give him sixteen bars to play like a sixteen bar floats flute so you're wrapping them in.
Speaker 3: There's so many great flute samples throughout hip hop, and I'm like, yeah, like this just this makes so much sense to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why, but.
Speaker 1: I'm saying I would love the for a artist to have him as a feature and make the space for him to be like you don't have to mc bro like, youn't have to wrap, like but you got sixteen you want thirty two? Take thirty two bars and just rip the flute And.
Speaker 2: I want that, I really do.
Speaker 1: Nah. Anyway, Andre, please come on the dailyes Like, guys, I know you don't listen, but if by chance you are and you're somewhere in an airport plane of flute, we'd love to have you. Yeah, just come chill, Yeah, come chill, man, come chill, and we can talk about Jeth throw Towe and our favorite flute solos. Anyway, that's gonna do it for us today. Thank you Brian for joining me. We'll be back tomorrow with a whole new episode. Gonna be wonderful. Uh and I bet if you can guess, because I had a guest host today that might be a guest host on tomorrow morning's episode.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Wild wild Okay. Until then, you know, be kind yourself, be kind to each other. You don't stress yourself out, get the vaccine. Don't do nothing about hate. This that's every kind. Okay, there's white supremacy, homophobia, all of that stuff included. Okay, don't do nothing. Be a good person, okay, or at least try to. And don't try and pick fights with teamsters like Senator Moment tried to.
Speaker 2: It's just not a good look.
Speaker 1: It's not a good look, like having your toes out of the airport.
Speaker 2: Now I can end up how you think it will.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, never does seldom does.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see then. Bye Lata.