Speaker 1: Hey there, folks. It is Wednesday, December twenty fourth, Christmas Eve, and we assure you you have a better chance of seeing Santa Claus the night than ever seeing all the Epstein files. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ Robes. What's the point we're hopping on here because we need to update I guess correct some reporting we had yesterday that we got from the DOJ that's now come back and said one of the biggest things in the Epstein files that everybody saw is fake. You know.
Speaker 2: The problem with that is that if there is ever anything negative or anything they don't like, or anything they don't want to be taken as truth, they'll just say it's fake. That has been the response to everything. And it gets to a point where, now, what's the point of releasing any file If any file that's damaging or negative towards the administration is just duped or deemed fake?
Speaker 1: What you're going with that you think that that's all this is, And you immediately were dismissive and thought that that's all this.
Speaker 2: Is as a human, as a journalist, Yes, And the reason being the past has also shown this exact same result when we had the Epstein birthday book, and Trump's clear, you know, imaging of breasts and his little poem or whatever to Jeffrey Epstein. That certainly insinuated something that we don't want to think about with Trump and his love of girls.
Speaker 3: He said it not my signature. So what are you supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Everything that is shown or revealed that has anything.
Speaker 3: To do with Trump not my signature.
Speaker 2: You even had Prince Andrew saying that photos a fake of me in Virginia.
Speaker 3: Do you pray if everyone just says that's fake? How are we supposed to actually consider any of this.
Speaker 1: Evidence when you say it that way? This is a clear it's a pattern we have seen. This isn't a one off, right, Okay, So when you do that, it's hard you do and it's of their own doing that. Maybe we take things they say with a grain of salt, but this robes. Here we are and we're hopping on. Yesterday another dump of Epstein files. I think it was the third major dump, but it's kind of a trickle that's come out. All of it was supposed to be out last Friday based on law, but it wasn't. So they're continuing to read act and put stuff out. One of the things we got yesterday Robes was a letter the text of a letter purportedly sent from Jeffrey Epstein in the days surrounding his death to Larry Nasser. Of all people, Larry Nasser is in jail in where is he being kept in Arizona's he moved?
Speaker 3: I believe I don't know where he's moved to.
Speaker 2: Obviously, many of these crimes happened in Arizona he's from. He has obviously committed plenty of crimes in the Michigan State University campuses.
Speaker 1: A reminder, but people know who he is by now.
Speaker 3: He is probably well.
Speaker 2: I would say he is one of the most notorious pedophiles. Convicted of two hundred plus girls of sexually abusing young girls, but more than three hundred and thirty girls have come forward over a two decade period saying he sexually assaulted me. He was not only a physician at the university, sorry, at the Michigan State University, dealing with gymnasts, but also was with the Olympian teams, the girls who were all training to become our.
Speaker 3: Olympians.
Speaker 2: He was in charge of their healthcare and was just sexually abusing most off, not all of them.
Speaker 1: So big deal, big scandal, big time criminal, spending the rest of his life in prison. So in this batch of Epstein files that were released, we were all like, what in God's name why is Epstein writing to Larry Nasser? And then the text of what he wrote again, this is a postcard, we see, this is just some here's this is supposed to be Epstein's handwriting. So this letter comes out, the text of the letter from Epstein to NASA.
Speaker 2: You have it in front of him, yes, okay, it reads as you will know by now, I have taken the short root home. That's him referencing his suicide. That would happen, I guess within days.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 2: We shared one day our love and caring for young ladies and the hope they reached their full potential. Our president also shares our love of young Newbile girls. When a young beauty walked by, he loved to grab snatch, whereas we ended up snatching grub in the mess halls of the system. Life is unfair, yours, Jay Epstein.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's explosive if true. And it's in these files that we've been waiting to see, so they're coming out now, Wow, we're seeing this for the first time. That's huge, is how we took it. And a lot of people took it at the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, And look, I'm sure plenty of people who are into this and have been following the story have read a lot of Jeffrey Epstein's letters, and he did write a lot. Look, obviously have no way of knowing now because the FBI will get to what they said and what their statement was. But this does have the same tone and the same like poetic the way he wrote.
Speaker 3: That's why it seemed legit to me.
Speaker 2: Initially, I didn't even question it because everything I've seen that sounds like how Jeffrey Epstein talks or writes. When you look at how he has written other folks, he is poetic like that and speaks like that.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, so this letter gets out, it is buzzing. There were a couple of things. Look, you got journalists all over this country, organizations pouring over thousands and thousands of these documents, and as they were pouring over them, certain things start to come out. And it's interesting to see what news organization thinks what is important or of note. All of them thought this was of note. Yeah, this was the headline everywhere. So as that news starts going out, which appears to be a suicide note from Jeffrey Epstein Epstein referencing the president liking young girls. So the DALJ first tweet yesterday to kind of explain things said, the DLJ is currently looking into the validity of this alleged letter from Jeffrey Epstein to Larry NASA. We will follow up as soon as possible in the meantime. Three facts stand out. The postmark on the envelope is Virginia, not New York, where Epstein was jailed. The return address listed the wrong jail where Epstein was held and did not include his inmate number, which is required for outgoing mail. And the envelope was processed three days after Epstein's death. That's the first tweet they sent out, kind of setting us up to say, hold on, we're looking into this. Isn't question number one rodes. Why did it come out? If they were looking over documents, somebody was supposed to have been going through stuff to make sure if anything needs to be redacted. Why is a fake letter in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is puzzling to me.
Speaker 1: Oversight.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Yeah, what a huge oversight. They've had a lot of time. I would think anytime they see anything with Trump, it would be flagged and then they would look at it and say yeah, no or redact this. So I don't know how the process works. I just know that the level of trust, unfortunately, that most Americans have right now, and certainly a lot of journalists with the information coming out of the administration.
Speaker 3: It's tough to know.
Speaker 2: Because if you're told one thing and then another thing happens and they say, never mind, I'm so confused as to what I should believe and what I should not. It's really it numbs you to the whole thing, and you just don't believe anything.
Speaker 1: So they follow up after that first one saying that they were looking into it. You have a follow up one in front of the eye as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, it says yes a follow up tweet. The FBI has confirmed this alleged letter from Jeffrey Epstein to Larry Nasser is fake. The letter was received by the jail and flagged for the FBI at the time. The FBI made this conclusion based on the following facts. So at the time, how did it then get into the files all right. The writing does not appear to match Jeffrey Epstein's. The letter was postmarked three days after Epstein's death out of Northern Virginia, when he was jailed in New York. The return address did not list the jail where Epstein was held and did not include his inmate number, which is required for outgoing mail. This fake letter serves as a reminder that just because a document is released by the Department of Justice does not make the allegations or claims within the document factual. Nevertheless, the DOJ will continue to release all material required by law. Are they required to release documents that have been deemed fake?
Speaker 3: That doesn't seem possible.
Speaker 1: But they're supposed to release all they have. This is still in a pile of files somewhere. Okay.
Speaker 2: But if you're an if you're any sort of an agency where you're you're collecting evidence you collect, if something is ruled a fake or a fake document, you wouldn't keep it in your files.
Speaker 3: You would remove it, you would trash it.
Speaker 1: It was received by the jail and flagged for the FBI at the time, So that means this letter is He died in twenty nineteen, nineteen. So we're talking six years ago, a jail received a letter and they flagged that letter to the FBI at the time that determined it was fake six years ago. Is that statement? Am I reading that saying?
Speaker 2: That is what they are saying. That is what they're saying.
Speaker 1: So fresh off of Jeffrey Epstein's death, someone somewhere had the thought to write a fake letter and send it three days after he died. Is what I'm now supposed to believe. Yes, please tell me if I'm missing that is.
Speaker 3: What they are claiming.
Speaker 2: That is what But the problem is, Look, I would say before, Look, we've always as journalists had to be skeptical of every organization, the FBI, the government, whatever. You can't just take what someone tells you and says sure. But I've never felt like at a point now where as a journalist, the FBI comes out and says something, we have done the investigation, we can tell you this is fact, and me still question it is. It's sad to me as an American and as a journalist, I don't I don't trust what I'm hearing because I know what I'm seeing, and I know what I'm reading, and I know their tactics with how they're releasing the information, when they're releasing the information, how much they're releasing. Look, they had an entire file that was released with pretty much complete and total reactions talking about co conspirators that they were investigating.
Speaker 3: Okay, ah ah, this is what we've been looking for.
Speaker 2: Right, forget even trying to look at Trump or look at anyone whose name we already know may be associated. People want to hear these new names, these other powerful businessmen who were co conspirators, who who participated in some of these file acts with underage girls. We actually have a document showing names of people who they were investigating, and they're all blacked out.
Speaker 1: There are reasons for that. I don't know. These folks been accused of any crime. I don't know, but rodes this was the transparency moment. It's called the Epstein Files Transparency Act. This is what everybody is upset that hasn't gotten justice for these victims. This was the stuff that is going to change the game. And we finally get transparency. And the DOJ is telling us don't believe anything in these files, so that that is the standard they're giving us. Don't believe any of it. So what am I supposed What do you want to do with this letter? What are we supposed to how are we supposed to take it? This is just another thing where two sides fight about what they're seeing. I think it's this, you think it's that, and nothing is resolved. There is not a fact in this case. This makes the case worse in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if you have that premise, now that the FBI and the dj are asking you to view all of these documents through, if you're supposed to look through that lens, that some of this or all of us could just be fake, well then I can't believe. Then why release anything? Because anything you release, you'll just say is fake. So what am I supposed to do with any of the information you're releasing? Believe any of it there are no facts or just some of it or what you tell me to believe. It's frustrating, it's beyond frustrating.
Speaker 1: Well, folks, they are so you think we could possibly possibly one day soon, Look, maybe Robes, this was just a step. This is just a part of the process, a step along the way to get closer to real transparency. Is that fair to hold on to that hope maybe here on this Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I've lost hope about that. I hope for a lot of other things on this Christmas Eve, but not in the Department of Justice.
Speaker 1: We'll stay here. We'll tell you what Chuck Schumer is hoping for. We'll tell you what a couple of members of the House of Representatives, a Democrat and a Republican, are hoping for on this Christmas Eve as well. And it might involve seeing one Pam Bondy in jail. All right, folks, will continue on this Christmas Eve. Wow, we had to hop on and give the update. We had to correct some reporting that we had here yesterday, right, Robes. All of the reporting comes from the same source, but they're telling us now that the story is different. The DOJ gave us a document that said that this was a letter from Jeffrey Epstein to Larry Nasser. DJ came back later Robes and told us, Hey, that letter we put out earlier, it's fake. Don't believe it. Move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so that just undermines the whole process, the entire file release, because now anything that is untoward or anything they don't like, that's all they have to.
Speaker 1: Say, so what do we do now? How long did that fight go on? I mean, the President and Marjorie Taylor Green fell out over this whole issue of the Epstein files. Right, We've been fighting over this all year to get this release. We finally get the release. They didn't come out on time, like the law require, things are heavily redacted, and so you got plenty of folks on Capitol Hill that are pissed. And is it inherent what was it called inherent contempt? It's a specific Okay, this is what the two lawmakers bipartisan group wants to hold Pam Bondy an inherent contempt, which robes I think you looked into it more than I did. It's essentially saying go arrest her.
Speaker 2: Yes, it would call for I think the sergeant at arms to arrest Attorney General Pambondi and put her behind bars until all of the files are released. And it was noted that this inherent contempt has never been used in modern times, So I don't know where they went into the to dig up this potential thing they could throw at her and say, yeah, we're going to threaten you with prison time until you actually follow through and produce what the law requires.
Speaker 1: And clearly that threat is working totally. Okay. The other option here, which is the one that's just just why Chuck Schumer is now introducing a resolution in which would compel the Senate to what some take some legal action against the dj for not releasing these items.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly exactly what you just said there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, what's the point. So that was the one robes that we thought it was ridiculed that you have to make legislation to enforce the legislation you already passed. He wants to.
Speaker 2: Pass another law to enforce another law, which if we start doing that, oh my god, what's the point of passing the law in the first place. Why don't you go ahead and then give a punishment if the law that you're passing isn't enforced and just put it all in one bill, because that's where we are. And even when you threaten that or say they even got a law passed that created some sort of punishment that was going to happen if you didn't follow through with the initial law, then you'd have to get another law to enforce the enforcement.
Speaker 3: I I'm just saying, like, where does it end? This is all buffoonery.
Speaker 2: It's a circus, it's silly, and this is why people get frustrated with their government.
Speaker 3: This is why people.
Speaker 2: Don't vote, because they think, what does it matter anyway, because this is where we end up. But this is a colossal mess and has eroded trust that was hanging on by a thread anyway when it comes to it. Really, it's true though, between I think the American public and the people who represent us, what is the trust level right now?
Speaker 1: I know I'm laughing because I think that I might use that as our quote of the day in the morning Run from Amy Robock. It erodes trust that was only hanging on by a thread anyway. With that, folks, we just wanted to hop on give you that update because we were told by the people who gave us information yesterday that the information we passed along to you from them is now wrong. So I just wanted to give you that update more. Yes, I hope you are getting your Christmas Eve off to a good start. And yes, folks, we mean it. You do have a better chance to seeing Saint Nick than ever seeing an unredacted full Epstein file release. That's I feel pretty.
Speaker 2: Good about that, yes, And With that, everyone, Merry Christmas, all right, folks.
Speaker 1: Oh my dear Amy, I have TJ Holme. Then we will be talking y'all soon. Each space the two tents