Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed. It's spooky and jooky. I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, Hey, I'm ghosted. Hi rons Dressens, Hey boo, it's me Rouse Dress. Foreless you guys. I had the best weekend ever because we did the live show and it was completely sold out. They had ad chairs just to get you all in there, and it was It was a blast, And that will be posted. I think in about two weeks we'll post the live show for you to hear on here. And you know, one thing I will say that happened was Elena Sir Video schwinn our psychic and I was psych medium. We did a little bit of a ghost hunt before the show in the theater before anyone arrived, and I was there and I witnessed a little bit of spookiness with a spirit box and we got some information about the ghosts that are down there in the basement of the Cavern Club, at least we think so. So we talked about that on stage with Dave Holmes and it was fun and I can't wait for you guys to listen to it. Today is a listener episode and I'm so excited because we've got some spooky stories coming up, and like always, I would love to hear your spooky stories. So if you want to be on a listener episode, just send me an email ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com and right in the subject line listener episode because I'd love to record another one soon. And the best part about phone call interviews is no germs. I hope everyone's staying safe out there. Make sure you're washing your hands. All right, let's listen to some listeners. I've been ghosted too. Hiend Alyssa, how are you? I'm good? How are you good? Are you ready to talk about some ghosts? I would love to Where are you calling from?
Speaker 2: I'm in Texas right now?
Speaker 1: Really what part?
Speaker 2: I'm in the Panhandle?
Speaker 1: Like up in the north Oh? So is that where your ghost stories take place?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, So what's the story?
Speaker 1: You were telling me that you've worked at a haunted house.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So, when I was about sixteen, I went to a haunted house attraction. Hold on, give me one second.
Speaker 3: I went to a haunted house attraction.
Speaker 2: And I ended up running into the owner at the end of it, and the theater kademy was so excited at the chance of possibly being a part of it, that I begged them to let me join and be a part of it, and so we worked some stuff out, contacted each other over Facebook, and I eventually started working there and so that was super cool.
Speaker 1: What kind of place was it?
Speaker 4: So it was a two story building which they would put in these walls, and each year they would have like a different theme.
Speaker 2: I think the one that I started working in was video games, so it was like you started out with like a saw video game you had to crawl through an archy system and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool, But you think that the place was actually.
Speaker 2: Haunted, Yes, one hundred it's well known that that building is haunted. I know they've had paranormal investigators actually do investigations there as well. And it's on a historic road that used to be, you know, one of the popular ways to get across country before major highways were built, So that whole area is actually really historical and old. So it's very possible that that building used to be a home, businesses, whatever, you know. So when I started, they had me in the center of the attraction and basically what it was was a room that dead end you would come in from a hallway, and there would be an.
Speaker 4: Autopsy table, a.
Speaker 2: Medical bed, and a dentist chair, and then a refrigerator and that's all in the room, and it's supposed to look like a dead end, and what you're supposed to do is kind of freak out a little bit and then eventually open up the fridge and go through there and the medical bed, the autopsy table. All that stuff that was in the room was actually found by the owners at a dump, so they yeah, they could have well been used by many people.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So they had me play an insane person and so they had me in a straight jacket, and since it was the center of the attraction, it was very very.
Speaker 4: Hot in there.
Speaker 2: But they when I first started, the two other people that were in the room with me told me that they occasionally get cold spots in the room even though there's no ac and that things would just go missing. So if I had something important, you know, don't leave it in the room. And when I was like, missing, do you mean people come in and take stuff? And they were like, no, no one comes into this room after we leave except for the owners, and they won't touch our stuff or our props or anything. But they will will put our props all in the middle of the table at the end of the day and then they'll just be moved. So that came in and they were telling me some of the paranormal stuff that they had going on. So when I started working one night, I was sitting on my medical bed with my straight jacket on, and we didn't have anyone in the Hound's house yet. We were waiting for some more groups to come in, and it took about twenty minutes for people to even get to our room when we started taking in people. So I was just sitting there waiting for her, you know, someone to let us know that people were coming, and all of a sudden, I.
Speaker 4: Just got really really cold.
Speaker 2: So I kind of started, you know, moving a little bit back and forth, kind of rocking myself just because I'm trying to get my body temperature up by doing physical activity. And one of the people that was in the room with me was like, oh, well, no, one's coming, you don't have to do that. I was like, no, I'm just like cold. She's like, no, it's like one hundred degrees in here. I was like, come here, it's cold over here. So she walked over towards me, and she said that there was a definite temperature change about twenty degrees from where she was to where I was, and she was feeling all around me and she said it was like a giant cold circle just around me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I am no ac no dry eyes, nothing.
Speaker 2: No no, oh no, like no, I see nothing.
Speaker 5: We were.
Speaker 2: I mean it was middle of October, so it's cold outside. But with everyone in the building and with you know, all the people getting scared and stuff, it's run's really hot in there. So that was really weird and I kind of got uncomfortable. Yeah, And so we had a guy that was decked door to us in another room, and basically what his room was, it was a hidden room for him to hide. And then he would go into a hallway that was connected to the room that wasn't the hallway connected to ours, and uh, he would you know, spook people in the hallway, jump out at them and scare them, and he would know that they were coming because when you walked there was a motion detector in the hallway that would set off a sound and some fog, so he could tell people were coming. And when he would need to leave well, he had a little ledge, like a little lip at the bottom of the doorway into that hallway, so he would have physically kind of jump or you know, like hop over it in order to get out into the hallway and not trip and then scare the people and.
Speaker 1: Then butt exercise to be honest, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, you work in those legs. Yeah, so he would have to you know, jump back. And since it's all dark and you can't really see in there, and I think he even wore a mask, it was really hard for him to see the lip.
Speaker 4: But he would always make.
Speaker 2: Sure he had only a chair in his little hidden room, and so he would make sure that his chair was you know, not where he would chirp and fall over it. But every single time he would jump out and scare people, he would jump back in and the chair would be right at the door and he would trip and fall over it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean there was times where he would come in afterwards and show us scrapes and bruises and not, like he'd be bleeding from tripping over this chair, and you know he's like, I know, I didn't move it, and it even if I did, it would move backwards away from the door, not towards it.
Speaker 1: You know, those ghosts were like, you want to see spooky, we'll show you spooky.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. I mean it was one time it was bad enough where we heard him fall so hard that we stopped everything in order to check on him.
Speaker 1: Wow. I worked at one of those places when I was maybe gosh, I was like fourteen fifteen and free labor. Great, it was wonderful, but I had the time of my life and I it wasn't a haunted place, but I I loved so much, just like spooking people. And it was all volunteer based, and so I told the people that worked there, like, oh, my sister, I want my sister to do I think it'd be really fun. So I have my sister get painted up like a spooky clown and they put her in this spooky clown room and she was a couple of rooms away from me, and they just had they told her what to do whatever, and I maybe twenty minutes into it, I was like, Okay, I'm gonna go check in on her. Because it was kind of one of those little slow periods where you're waiting for the next groups to come in or whatever, and so I go over there to be like, so, how's it going? And I could not find her anywhere, So I was like, what the heck happened? And then I open up this closet and she's sitting in there. She's like, I don't like it in here, it's scary. I'm like, you're supposed to be the scary anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that room and just the vibe of it, it just felt different than the rest of the place. So as soon as they needed someone to go to a different part of the place, I was like, yes, me, Yeah, I don't like being cold when no one else's it's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, unless it's like real hot, Like ghosts could definitely find themselves useful if it's like we're in the middle of summer and it's we're in Florida and the ac is broken. So then you after you went worked there, you worked at a haunted museum.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I worked at this museum and it was actually built in nineteen twenty nine by this amazing woman. I unfortunately don't remember her name, but she, you know, it was amazing history. Oh, probably in another life, but she decided that this area had lots of history and it.
Speaker 5: Wasn't being told.
Speaker 2: So she actually got the community together to build this museum, and she had people spend her bricks in the mail to actually put the foundation of.
Speaker 5: The building together.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so the oldest part of the building is made up of bricks from people's own houses and it was like during the Great Depression, so you know, all that energy could possibly be stored in that material. Wow.
Speaker 1: What part of Texas is this called?
Speaker 5: So this.
Speaker 2: Museum is in Canyon, Texas and the area is called the Panhandled Yeah, and so we really don't have a lot except for pioneer cowboys and then like you know, of course Native American history around here.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what was going on in this haunted museum?
Speaker 4: Well, nothing too freaky.
Speaker 2: Like I did talk to some of the security guards and they talked and said that like they would hear people walking around or see someone, so they would go follow them, you know, to make sure that you know, they have a good headcount of how many people are in the building, and there would be no one there.
Speaker 1: But now that happened to you when.
Speaker 2: I would constantly be at my desk most of the time just listening to podcasts and stuff, and we had these big stone almost tile uh flowers in the main area, and the room behind me was all carpet, so if someone was in the main area, I could hear them walking around, and if they were in the other area, I couldn't. And I would constantly hear footsteps behind me, which made me think that there was someone that came in from the back, or because we had parking back there, so sometimes people would park in the back and come in all the way to come to the front, and so I would turn around and there'd be nobody there. I would just hear people walking and there's no one there. Yeah, it was pretty cool. I mean, that was like the best job ever just to be around all these history and historical objects, especially because we had a replica Pioneer village in our museum, and some of the stuff, like some of the houses and I think we have a hotel was actually real life, like really used buildings that we just moved and put into our museum. Whoa, yeah, stuff from like the eighteen hundreds, so we had some really old stuff in that museum.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you were also telling me that you have had dream premonitions. What's up with that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so it's really kind of lame. But I've had dreams of like really mundane things. For example, I had a dream that I was working at Burlington Coat Factory, and I had only applied there at the time that I had the dream, and so later I actually got the job. And when I on my first day, I was working and I was picking up clothes and putting them on hangers, and my coworker behind me goes, hey, do you want to go take your break? And that was the exact dream that I had, was just someone going, hey, do you want to go take your break? And so I just turned around and I had that huge sense of deja voo, but it wasn't deja vous of like, oh.
Speaker 3: I've lived at this before.
Speaker 2: It was I've dreamed this every yeah, And every time I have these dreams, I always know that it like I've dreamt it. If I like if it when it happens in real life, go I dreamt this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you? Does it? Ever? Is it ever anything that's like significant or like important for you to know and that you dream ahead of time? Or is it always just like just like conversations and that kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, one time I had one where I was having a conversation with my boyfriend and it was kind of a little heated, and then in real life we had that conversation. I was like, Oh, I dreamt this, and then we ended up fighting about it, and so I was like, oh, maybe it was trying to let me know that we were going to fight about this thing. But besides that, not really, it's like just you know, seeing something like a little scenery of like what's around me, and then I'm just like, Oh, I've drunk this.
Speaker 1: Why does that happen?
Speaker 2: I have no clue. And I think maybe because, like I know, some of especially the psychic mediums and stuff that you've had on your show, they've said that like everyone kind.
Speaker 4: Of has these abilities.
Speaker 2: You just have to open yourself up. And maybe it's my brain and my soul trying to be like, hey, you can do this, you just need to listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lucie, the way that I view stuff like that, it's not from any religion or anything. But I often think that we are like on a path, and I think that sometimes if you see something ahead of time, like let's say you see you driving down a specific road in a dream and then all of a sudden it happens. I almost feel like that's confirmation that, oh, you're actually on like the path is, it's working out the way it's supposed to you. You saw that you were supposed to be there, and now you are there, So that means that everything's going as according to plan.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 3: That's really I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: It's like giving yourself confirmation that you're that everything's going the way it's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hi, this is ros Dress Fallees.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 4: This is Megan.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good?
Speaker 1: How are you good? Where are you at?
Speaker 3: I'm in Texas?
Speaker 1: Ooh what part?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: It's San Marcus, Texas. So it's about thirty minutes outside of Austin.
Speaker 1: Oh. I was just talking to somebody else in Texas. Ooh, so what happened to you? You grew up in haunted houses?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I grew up in two haunted houses.
Speaker 1: How does that happen?
Speaker 3: We blame my dad because he grew up in a He grew up like right next to a.
Speaker 2: Graveyard, so he likes the spooky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we think he's got some spooky stuff with him.
Speaker 1: So what was the first one.
Speaker 3: The first one was the house where I was like born into, like I grew up from like age zero to age like twelve ish, and that was like the scary one. The second house was less scary. There was stuff happening, but it was less like terrifying. Okay, yeah, the first house was a scary one. Like there were like it was daily things. I would every night I would hear like scratches on my door, like my bedroom door. Yeah, it was not fun and like usually people are like, well, that's the cat, but we had we had a cat, but it was declawed, so there was like nothing in our house that would have been making that sound.
Speaker 1: So I'm always curious about so people move into a haunted house how quickly until stuff starts happening.
Speaker 3: I don't know that's this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a baby.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I was a baby baby. But I've asked my mom about it. My dad doesn't believe in it at all, which is frustrating. It felt, uh, but my mom said she only noticed little things and it was never anything that made her like think that anything was really going wrong. It was, but when we moved into our second house, it continued almost immediately. Maybe there was a couple of days of quiet because I remember thinking that maybe we'd gotten rid of it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you think it was the same ghost that followed.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think so. I think I think in I think in the first house there was it felt. It felt the first house felt malicious, almost like I've gone back to the second house a couple of homes since moving out, but and and I'm fine going back to that second house. But our first house it's one of those that I don't ever want to go that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So tell me why the first house was so creepy.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh my gosh. So I, like I said, there was there was like daily things, like there was nightly and daily things. So I would hear the scratching on my door every night, and then uh usually nightly I would hear like my name being called, oh my gosh always, which is always horrible.
Speaker 1: And then there was what kind of.
Speaker 3: Oh it was like, oh my gosh. It was It's almost like how people talk about you not necessarily hearing a voice like in the environment, but a voice like in your head, like I knew something was calling me. Yeah, So it's almost like it was like a breathy, almost sounding like multiple people kind.
Speaker 2: Of a voice.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I know, my god, it was yes like that, Oh god, okay, it was like that.
Speaker 5: It was like that.
Speaker 3: It was like pure horrible trap and oh and that was the house was kind of like the heavy hitter things. Like the scariest, uh, the scariest memory I have of that house was when I was probably around seven and I used to sleep in my parents' room a lot, like I really didn't like to sleep in my own room. I don't remember if that was, you know, because I was scared. I just remember not ever wanting to really be in my own room by myself. But I was sleeping in my parents room, just falling asleep, and my parents were actually outside the door having dinner, and I was trying to fall asleep. And the way the room was set up is you had the room, You had the door going into the room, and then if you in to the right was there bed that I was in. And then directly to the left there was a big arm ward like chest thing that we call our hope chest. It's a big chest and it was basically empty, but I had a seat on top of it where people would sit it was like a bench almost, I guess.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But the scariest thing that happened was I was sleeping there and I heard behind me. If you if you know this sound of like a child when a child is sitting on something and they're kicking their heels against like the wood, That's what I heard. It sounded like something was kicking their heels like against the wood. It's the scariest part. Yeah, the scariest part was was that it only happened when I closed my eyes. So I closed my eyes and the sound would start and I'd opened my eyes and it would stop.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is like a horror movie.
Speaker 3: Like an actual horror movie. So it just felt like it was it was taunting me. It felt like it was playing with me, like it was trying to scare me. That's the scariest memory I have of that house.
Speaker 1: And I wonder if I was a little kid or do you know any of the history I wish.
Speaker 3: I did, I wish I did. I mean that whole land where I grew up is all old. I grew up actually in Florida, and I grew up right outside Pensacola, Florida, which is one of the first inhabited or not necessarily the first inhabited, but first settled the European settled areas of America. Ever, so that that whole land is old and there was a Civil War graveyard in our neighborhood a couple streets down, so people have been there for centuries. Yeah, I wish I knew more of the history, though. That was the one that felt malicious. If that one, I'm not sure it was. It didn't feel human. That one did not feel human.
Speaker 1: The second.
Speaker 3: Just because thinking back on it, it was so it's kind of like what you have talked about on your show about like isolating, like they think they try to. It tries to isolate you and it and it made me feel like I couldn't talk to anyone, like my both of my parents didn't know I was having these experience since I was about sixteen years old. Really and I yeah, and I finally said something and it didn't It just didn't feel like people. The second house felt so much more like just people were there, and the first house, like I think, I just go back to that memory of it felt like it was taunting me. It felt very intelligent, but it felt like it was taunting me, and it felt like it was isolating me and like it was coming after me almost because my parents, I mean, my dad doesn't believe in it, so I don't know that he would even say that he had any sort of experiences. But my mom uh really only like could tell me about two that she had, so it felt like it was very much targeting me.
Speaker 1: What happened to her?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm?
Speaker 3: She uh one, she has two stories. So one is a story where her and my dad were watching paranormal activity and the and the smoke alarm like right above them went off without any cause, like like right after a jump scare in the movie again, kind of like taunting. But the one that she talks about is that she would always have these dreams. She had countless nightmares in that house, specifically centered around like my father and their relationships. So she just was constantly having these like nightmares about like their relationship falling apart, or like him having an affair, or like these things that were just like psychologically like wearing her down all that.
Speaker 1: H Do you have siblings, Yeah, I have an.
Speaker 3: Older sister, but we didn't grow up together, so I was I was raised as an only child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so then you moved to the second house, and is that in the same area.
Speaker 3: It's in the same areas in the same town. Is in the newer part of.
Speaker 1: Town though, Okay, So what happened there.
Speaker 3: That house was more like was less daily things and more like very specific, pointed things that happened. I thing I always which was so clear was the way this house was set up was almost like I had my own side of the house, like where my bedroom was was that was at the end of a very long hallway that that like snaked around the living room. So there was a big wall, and I had to go down this very long hallway with the guest rooms and the offices to get to the to get to my room, which is at the very end. So every time I had to go to my room, especially at night, I had to walk down this long, dark hallway.
Speaker 1: Would the other doors be open? I hate that. I hate walking by rooms that are black inside with the door open.
Speaker 3: Mm hm, the all the doors are open.
Speaker 4: We're an open doorhouse.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so bad. Let me tell you. After this thing, I never walked down that hallway without turning on every single light. Yeah, because I was walking down the hallway and I got about halfway down that hallway and I heard directly into my ear it sounded like a young man, and he said, hey, it's like a very whisper and went like just in my ear, and I stopped in my CROs It was horrible, and I never walked down that hallway without turning those lights, every single light on.
Speaker 1: Well, he might have been cute, though. He might have been cute.
Speaker 3: He might have been cute, who knows. I didn't see him though, so he just wanted he just wanted to say hi.
Speaker 1: So do people in that area do you? Do you have like a lot of friends or other people that their houses are haunted? Is that just like a common thing?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good question. I've I've talked to other people about it, and it's we do have a a like, I think, a sense of just history more than anything I have. I talked to a friend who also said that she had a friend that had a house that was haunted. But it was like, but we didn't get very far into that conversation. We have a historical downtown area, so it's it's it's there's a huge sense of history there. So whether or not people think it's a supernatural.
Speaker 5: History of the history.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a history, definitely.
Speaker 1: So did other what other things happen in that second house? Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: That was actually the house where I saw an apparition. And it's the only time I know, I know, it's the only time in my both of those homes, I've ever seen anything. It was always just usually like auditory or uh or just things like happening. But so I was sitting on the couch and we had a huge open concept, uh living room, and the kitchen was directly behind the living room, and right next to the kitchen was a hallway that led into my parents' bedroom. So I was sitting on the couch watching something and I turned around to look to the kitchen where my parents were, and as soon as I did, I saw like a full body woman in right up Civil War hoop skirt like Antebellum South dress, turn and walk into my parents' bedroom.
Speaker 1: That's literally what I'm wearing right now. Yes, yo miniversity. Oh my gosh, wait, so was she see through?
Speaker 3: No? No, she was fully there, But it was so quick and I almost just didn't like register it. I had gotten to the point and I think I'm still at this point that if I ever like noticed anything spooky or ghosty, I just a'm like, Okay, that happened, and I turn around then ignore it. So it was it was just so fast and she just passed right through and I turned back around, but she was fully She was fully there.
Speaker 1: That sounds that blows my mind because I've never seen anything like that. But I think that I don't know what I would think, like, I think I would be like, why is this woman in our house? Who is she?
Speaker 3: Exactly? I didn't I think at that point. I just knew that it was supernatural. And I really just like I put that in a box and I put it away and I turned around, and I just think about it.
Speaker 1: Wow, And you never saw her again?
Speaker 3: No, I never saw her again. That second house felt so much like it was almost a like passing through almost you know, like people were just coming and going, oh wow, yeah, something attached. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So and but you still it's like still in the family, and you still go back.
Speaker 3: I still go back. Yeah, I still visit my dad there, and but I've never stayed overnight again because my I live with my mom when I'm not at school, and so I go and visit briefly, just for a few hours, but I've never stayed overnight again, So who knows.
Speaker 1: Isn't there a ghost at your school too?
Speaker 3: There was a there was a small ghost, A small a small.
Speaker 2: Thing to.
Speaker 1: Size doesn't matter. Size isn't everything.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, but in my dorm room my freshman year, Supposedly the dorm above us was haunted. So I think we got a little bit of like trickle down.
Speaker 1: Like the specific small little like dorm unit above you was haunted, like, not the building, just that one.
Speaker 3: Room, just the one room above us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know why?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know this. This is also we're built on a again, a very historical site. It's actually the old the longest inhabited piece of land in history, like of the world. They've they've found they've found pieces of archaeology all dating all the way back like pre ice age. Who so, yeah, it's it's really it's amazing, but it kind of makes everything a little bit spooky. So so yeah, so the land itself is very historical and very sacred to the Native American tribes who lived here at one point, and so it's just teeming with things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So did you have any experiences with it?
Speaker 3: I had two small experiences. It always felt a little spooky, but I can't tell you if that was because I knew the dorm above us was supposedly haunted or and that was influencing me. But it always felt a little strange, and I didn't like to be in the dark very long. There two very specific things that happened were the Christmas break of my freshman year. I couldn't go home. I had to stay and work, So I was in this dorm unit all by myself, and almost the whole dorm completely by myself, the whole building by myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: It was terrible. I felt like I was living in the shining and I know, and but towards the end of that time, I uh, nothing really had happened. It was all pretty chill. But I was working at my desk one day and I heard the door open behind me, like heard the doorknob turn and the door open and the door close, And in my probably sleep deprived brain, I just thought, oh, my roommate's home. But then I quickly remembered that, no, we have two weeks before anybody else's home, and I turned around and the door was still locked. Nothing was nothing, nothing was there. No one had come in. I know.
Speaker 1: See, that's why I don't even want to live in a mansion, because there's just too many rooms. If I'm there alone.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I feel the exact same way. You don't know what's happening on the other side of that house, no.
Speaker 1: Ya, So what else happened?
Speaker 3: Yes, and then I the one thing. The other thing that happened was I was sitting on my bed. It was a lofted bed, so I had a good view of everything happening. And the way the way our doorm was set up was we had a common area out towards the front, and then there are two sets of rooms with two roommates in each room. So I had our door mine, my roommate's door opened to the common area, so I could see where our sink was and where our front door was. And one of my roommates, I had walked just across my door, just the doorway. She was heading towards the bathroom, so she just walked right across and I saw her go by, and then a couple seconds later I saw out of granted out of the corner of my eye. But what I saw was a girl follow her. Oh, a girl was like pale skin, black hair, and in like some sort of just white dress like and she just followed right after her. And I looked up and I was like, I think that's what I saw.
Speaker 1: But whoa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was only one time. It was the only one time. And yeah, it's just so I don't know if there was something living there or hanging.
Speaker 5: Out or what.
Speaker 1: Whoa, that's creepy. That's the way you describe it. Kind of sounds like the girl from The Ring Samara. Have you seen that movie? White dress, black hair, pale skin.
Speaker 3: Ooh, oh huh, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Hi, this is Rob's dress. Felas, where are you calling from? I'm in Utah Utah. Okay, Mackenzie, you are a ghost magnet, right.
Speaker 5: It seems to be not so much lately, but do you want more?
Speaker 2: Weirdly?
Speaker 5: Weirdly, it's like really interesting and I'm like really obsessed with it. But at the same time, I kind of like peacefully sleeping at night.
Speaker 1: But yeah, because you've lived in actual haunted houses, right, yeah, a few. Okay, so tell me the first one. Let's start from the beginning.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I used to live with my grandparents when I was really young, I think up until the age of five or six, and I just remember so many things up in that house. I remember my grandma passed away, and I remember seeing her and her favorite rocking chair all the time, and I just thought it was like normal. And then a lot of this, like a lot of things I remember, Like my brother is pretty close to my age. We would always knock on the walls and then we just thought it was funny because the same patterns would knock back, and it's really creepy now that I think about it.
Speaker 3: Wow, do you think that.
Speaker 1: Was your grandmother?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh no, I don't. I don't know. We just thought it was just some fun game. We're like, oh something, Sam, patterns are being knocked back to us.
Speaker 1: But wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah. There was certain rooms in our house that I was like extremely terrified of, Like my parents' bedroom. It's just an overall sleeping house. Like when I drive by it still to this day, I just get, like, the real bad creep What.
Speaker 1: Was going on in your parents' bedroom?
Speaker 5: So I would always come to the room to go to sleep because I was scared of my own room in the basement, and I always remember as I was like laying in bed with them, I would look into the closet and there was like this man with a hat standing in the closet.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't I don't know. And it was nearly every night I was sleeping with them, so I would and they would have me always like sleeping on the side of the closet, so I would just turn and like hug my mom or dad while I was sleeping.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did they ever see him?
Speaker 5: No? My dad, my dad is he's had so many experiences, and as I've gotten older, we've talked about it, but he's just the type where he won't say anything until, like I bring it up or my family brings it up.
Speaker 1: So what were they having experiences in that house? Though?
Speaker 5: My dad? Yes? My mom no, but she just listened to us and believed us, and we would tell her about it.
Speaker 1: Wow, what happened to your dad?
Speaker 5: He won't talk about it too much. That's the only time I've ever seen him cry. He didn't want to talk to me about it, but he just said he saw something awful and he started crying. So I don't like to bring up too much with him, but wow, you Yeah, I listened to him, and him and my aunt talk to the most, and they always just talk about like how weird things would happen when they were growing up.
Speaker 1: And then, oh, they grew up in that house.
Speaker 5: I don't they grew up so in the neighborhood. They grew up in the house up the street.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that whole.
Speaker 5: Neighborhood just feels really off. It's really weird. But they never felt like they were alone. My grandparents would always travel a lot, and so they'd be home alone, and then a lot of weird stuff has happened to them. I don't remember exactly what, but I know for sure my aunt and my dad are very like sensitive to that.
Speaker 1: So you moved to another haunted house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this house was I kind of live in here there right now, But this house I just had another bad weird vibe and I just hated hated the basement. So much happened in this house, like little things as the attic door being opened up every morning, and my dad was like, hey, who opened this? And where like none of us we were all kind of younger, so like we couldn't really you know reach it. But I was about fourteen or fifteen when I lived here, and I would always hear, like when I was going to sleep, I'd always hear like these Indian drums like coming from it sounded like Indian drums just coming from the basement, like are really specific instruments. I don't know what it is. And it was like just it sounded like a melody and it was only inside my house. I would hear it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: But yeah, and then my worst ever experience was in that house.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 5: So we had like food storage downstairs, and I don't know if it was a day and night time, but my mom said, hey, can you go downstairs grab some my cam goods or whatever. So I went downstairs and I'm always really quick when I'm in that basement, and I just remember feeling like this overwhelming sense of dread and it was just so awful, and I was like, I have to look behind me, even though I didn't want to look behind me, and it was just just this giant black figure just standing in the doorway, didn't have a shape, I don't know, and I just screamed and just ran up the stairs and I was just full on like panic attack, bawling. It was so awful.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, sorry you went through that. This sounds terrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the worst. It's the worst experience I've had yet to date.
Speaker 1: But so who lives in that house now?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I've driven by it. I moved closer to it, I I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: So okay, then you moved to another Hontit house.
Speaker 5: Yes, so this is all kind of in the same area. So I moved to I had roommates when I was I think nineteen nineteen twenty. This house it's called Warum in Utah, and I slept there literally twice because there was just this overwhelming sense of dread in the hallway at the end of it. And I even had a son come over and I was just like, hey, like, because I know he's had experiences, I was like, can you tell me where in this house do you feel something off? And He's like down the hallway, like the exact spot, and I'm like, okay, like there's something up. I and I just paid rent for a year, but I didn't sleep there ever.
Speaker 1: Really, So is it are the houses themselves old or is it just the land?
Speaker 5: The houses are old, but I've been talking to people I've been. I was interested in looking to a spiritual healer too, but I got asked the question like do you think it's the houses or do you think something was following you? Like my aunt was talking to me about it too, she like, do you think something's following you? And I'm like ooh, I'm like, you know, I really don't know.
Speaker 1: H Does it feel like the same presence in all three places?
Speaker 5: The presence in the house when I was in nineteen felt just as dark as the one when I was the figure I saw in the doorway, and I wouldn't let myself look down the hall. I didn't have to go down it, really because my roommates fippd down there, but I chose because I was like, I don't want to feel this way again. So I such at my he was my then boyfriend's house a lot because I just didn't want to deal with it. Yeah, which I've also had experiences.
Speaker 1: At his house, But what happened at his house.
Speaker 5: Another black figure. That one didn't feel as intense to me though, Like I was just cutting vegetables. I think I was peeling like potatoes or something at his house, and I looked down the hallway because I just felt something and this black figure just walked by. But that one wasn't too threatening to me. His house did feel pretty rare, but we slept. When we slept together, I was I felt safe enough to go to sleep. But at that house, I've had someone yell in my ear, someone like something growled in my ear and just yelled at me. And my husband was in a different room and I like came running in.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I feel like you've had some really like traumatic experiences. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: Oh, you know that's why now I used to like talk to things, uh, you know, try to keep the conversation going, or just being like, hey, like something pulled my arm and I like just sat up in my bed and I was like, don't do that, don't touch me like that. But I feel like the more I talk to it, the more it happens, So I don't I try not to, like I just try to ignore it.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, does it?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Is there stuff that happens in the house you live in? Now?
Speaker 5: There was one nothing too much here. I've just had I really trastic my gut and like what I'm feeling, and there was one day, I just woke up and I just felt like something is here with me, but nothing too much here. It's newer land, newer house, so I feel like that kind of helps contribute, but thankfully nothing quite yet. I also have animals here now, so I feel a lot better.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they'll sniff it out first. Yes, well, so I guess that's the good news, is that nothing's been happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, the more ignore it I feel, the more I'm safer from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, that's that's probably good advice. But I don't know. I don't know. I haven't really lived in a haunted house, and I don't plan on it. I mean, I haven't lived in any with like malicious spooky spirits, but that sounds that sounds fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely not fun. I think like the don't know, the one, the one I call it a cool experience, it's really creepy, but like the one ultimate Like my favorite story to tell is I was a home in the house where I saw that creepy figure, the malicious one or no.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, gotcha in the basement.
Speaker 5: Yeah. When I was a team, Yeah, I was baby. Much of my brother is like a year year and a half younger than me. I was babysitting him while my parents were out, and we had an extra TV. It's in my room where we would play video games, and I my parents left with my other siblings and I taught my brother was upstairs, and so I was like, hey, like calling upstairs, do you want anything to eat? I think I was making mac and cheese or something. And I could hear like the clicks of the controller like when we were playing, and I was like, hey, do you want something? And he's like, no, I don't want anything, and I'm like okay. So I just stayed down the whole time. And then when my parents got back, like I had a full on competition time. And then when my parents got back, my brother came through the door. I was like, wait, you were home the whole time. You were just upstairs and he's like no, I was out with my with the family, and I'm like, no, you were home.
Speaker 3: I talked to you.
Speaker 1: Oh god, stories like that, Oh my god, Okay, sorry, keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you're so yeah.
Speaker 5: I literally just talked to something that was like impersonating my brother that wasn't my brother. I could hear the TV going full on clicks on the video game controller and.
Speaker 1: He was gone the whole time home and it sounded just like him.
Speaker 5: Yep, it sounded just like him, but it was really short. It was do you want something to eat? No? Okay, like, what are you playing? Whatever game he was playing. I don't remember something of the Nintendo, but I don't know, so that one like this gives me like the ultimate creeps. I just don't say now.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: That is so creepy. There's a ghost in my house. Oh my gosh, what a terrifying way to end the show. Her dad was crying, what did he see?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: And then a ghost impersonating her brother. I'm gonna be thinking about that all night tonight. But guys, thank you so much for listening, and please give us give us five stars on Apple podcasts. Would you and tell your friends about the show. If you have a ghost story, you could leave it in a five star review on Apple Podcasts. You could also put it in the Facebook group ghosted by Roz dress Falest. Be sure to join that. We've been having lots of fun activity on there, and we have a Facebook page. I have my own called Roz dress f Last. I have an Instagram called Ro's Dress falest I have a Venmo called Queen Ro's. I'm all over the place. We have got some great episodes coming up. I cannot wait. Thank you guys so much for listening. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came back. Star Beans, a podcast network