Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 3: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now joined by Bad Larry, Shayan Irving, and Dylan the graphics Guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Welcome to another edition of Dan Patrick takes a gamble. Bad Larry, you got Dylan the graphics Guy, Shyan Irving, you got Pa Ray, and Marvin is at the controls. Yours truly your host of Dan Patrick takes a gamble. Before we get started, how about a round of applause for Shay who going zero to five in the NFL. It's difficult to do and you somehow you did it. Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bad weekend, Danny.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys. Cowboys didn't look good going zero to five. So recapping the football units bat Larry one two, so he's in the plus column. Dylan won one, he's minus three and a half. Shay lost eight units last week ew minus six. Okay, we did receive a phone call a couple of days ago from a concerned listener in Des Moines, Iowa. Don't know if you heard that, Shay, but the caller was very concerned about your well being. Thought maybe it was a bit and that you were acting, and I said it was real, which made him even more concerned. So we're a couple of days removed from the Cowboys loss. You calling in Monday, How is your well being? How is your mental frame state of mind?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm I'm riding the edge, Danny, it's not. I'm on meds. I'm on some antipsychotics right, and they're supposed to help, but I don't think they're working. I think Jerry is my kryptonite when it comes to that, the antidote to UH stability. I'm not doing good. Honestly, I'm pretty depressed. I've been depressed since Sunday. Okay, I was angry at first, and then it's just like with going on five and the way the Cowboys lost, and knowing that there's zero fix, there's not there's not a fix to it. If there's a fix and you can say, oh, they just got to do that or do this, it's a scheme. There's no fix. There's no fix. It's I'm and I was sold and I feel like a freaking idiot.
Speaker 1: But you're sold every year. Why was this year different? Why were your expectations heightened that that it crushes you this much?
Speaker 4: I think because they signed CD and Dak. I thought maybe that there would be a foundation and a future with this franchise that I could get behind. You know, they're they've been bad before, and I've known they've been bad, and it hasn't, you know, rocked me like it is this year, like I got, I'm rocked. I'm rocked.
Speaker 1: Okay, But they had DAK and CD last year, right, but they didn't. They're not new players, they just got new money.
Speaker 3: You could argue that was a bad sign.
Speaker 4: Actually, I could argue that's a bad signing without having any interior D linemen. I mean that's this team doesn't exist without an interior D line.
Speaker 1: Jerry, I think, kind of came around and said that there's some people who think that he could be the problem. That he actually acknowledged that he couldn't really did.
Speaker 4: He said, I don't blame the fans for thinking that, but the problem, the problem is the problem that I have. Danny is the dude that's going to take over is part of the problem. Stephen Jones is the same freaking dude, just with less women. I mean, Jerry lays it down of Scotch.
Speaker 1: We don't know that, we don't know.
Speaker 4: I know it. I know it. I got funny stories, Danny from girls in uptown Dallas where Jerry has, you know, shown his uh.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I don't think we could do that. I that I'm going to need two sources.
Speaker 4: His big star.
Speaker 1: Yeah bad, Larry here, Larry, let me start with you. Anything you'd like to recap since you're in the plus column.
Speaker 5: My two overs were like blowout overs. I think Jmu scored seventy.
Speaker 4: That was crazy.
Speaker 5: That's the first one. And then I had the Bills over in the NFL. I was at halftime that was overall, so Shay, I was you had that your all American like Army Navy and somebody who was that third team?
Speaker 4: It was Army, Navy, Auburn, Auburn just cornhole.
Speaker 2: My brother, god.
Speaker 5: I mean you had the money line.
Speaker 4: Army went with money arm money line, Navy plus ten and a half that came home. And then Hugh Freeze his dirtbag bullshit could have figured it out. And then after the game, did you hear what he said about his quarterback?
Speaker 2: Did he said about his team?
Speaker 4: This guy, this son of a bitch, Like, if you want zero recruits, just follow Hugh Freeze? At fucking moron?
Speaker 3: Do you think we are honest? She for being a former fake Baptist.
Speaker 5: Listen, what was what was that going to pay?
Speaker 4: Say?
Speaker 5: Like some crazy number?
Speaker 4: Right? Yeah, that was like plus seven hundred or some shit.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it was a plus eight fifty rats that would have made me even That would have made me either.
Speaker 5: Because I was up in Maine and I didn't have TV and I couldn't remember who your third team was, but I knew you won the Army in the Navy money lines, I said, oh, Shane's gonna have a monster week, and I just found out you didn't.
Speaker 1: Jay receives the first official Diego Pavilla Award for Fading South Alabama. Colorado converted me fifty yard hail Mary sent it into overtime, So congratulations. Don't know if you have an acceptance speech for the official Diego Pavilla Award for Fading South Alabama.
Speaker 4: I think this is God judging me for asking for birth certificates at my eldest kids softball game.
Speaker 1: Wait, you were questioning the other team in how old they were?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had a picture catcher combo that. I mean the girl was throwing gas and if she drove there, if I was a cop and a sarr driving, I wouldn't have pulled her over.
Speaker 3: So you can just admit you were looking for nationality on the birth certificate.
Speaker 1: Was not.
Speaker 4: She was a beast and she was throwing.
Speaker 3: Gas at bench warmer this moment, and I asked.
Speaker 4: For a birth certificate check and everybody start freaking out, yelling at me, telling me maybe I should be the one that leave YadA YadA. By the way, her parents, neither one of those girls parents were at the game, which is kind of convenient because I would have asked them, and they wouldn't let me ask the girls what year they were born. They were saying hip a violation, this all this other bullshit hip of violation. That's as they said. I was like, you know, when, when, what's her birthday? Let me just ask her birthday? And they were like, you can't do that.
Speaker 1: I was like, what years? How is that a hip of violations.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but that's what they're freaking Westport, Connecticut, Danny, this is what they do.
Speaker 3: What's their blood type? That's a violation.
Speaker 4: Throwing gas?
Speaker 1: All right, So do you guys want to recap anything? Uh?
Speaker 3: I lost? I lost a parley by the skin of my teeth too, Dan. The Patriots money line screwed me. And then I had Giants against the Browns Eagles and Packers against the Titans.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Giants screwed me too on my two unit two teams. And how do they beat the Browns?
Speaker 4: Crazy? Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move ahead to this week, bad Larry. I'm going to start with you with your college picks, just your college picks. We want to build up the drama and then go to the NFL picks for everybody.
Speaker 5: So, okay, I have I have six college checks, all one units Notre Dame minus the six at home against Louisville, Texas A and M minus the four against Arkansas, Oh block tack minus two and a half against FIU Illinois plus eighteen against Penn State.
Speaker 1: Michigan finding Alini.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, it's Penn State's first Big Ten game. A lot of points to be given in a Big ten game. Yeah, and I'm not sold on Penn State yet. Michigan Michigan nine minus the nine against Minnesota. And I'm still on my Boston College bandwagon Boston College minus at thirteen against Western Kentucky.
Speaker 1: And it's just a coincidence that the last name of the Michigan quarterback is Orgy. And we know that bad Larry and his sister in law do take a lot of trips together, throwing throwing that out there, Maybe it's just a coincidence, Alex Orgy. Okay, So that leads us to deal with his college football picks.
Speaker 3: Alrighty Dan, I got Maryland plus seven against Indiana, uh Fresno State now plus one against UNLV. Obviously it's been talked about a lot today, UNLV quarterback bouncing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wasn't given what he was promised that they're undefeated, they're ranked in the top twenty five. Now they're scrambling a little bit here, so he's decided that he's going to what's his name?
Speaker 6: Um uh, it's like Sluka Sluva, Matthew Sluca, Sluca Sluva.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sluka Yeah, with ok okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 3: But interesting, it's funny that line was mine Fresno State minus one and a half this morning, and now it's Fresno State plus one. So you know, if he's about their quarterback and the line moved the opposite direction, you'd think, wow, weird. Don't know what to make of.
Speaker 1: That, unless they're spending even more money to bring in another quarterback who might be better than that court was the.
Speaker 3: Girl at Chase softball game? Probably?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bringing some heat? Okay, what else do you have?
Speaker 4: Del?
Speaker 3: I hate this now because well I think all of us might be in an agreement. But Illinois plus eighteen against Penn State, I don't like that. I don't like it at all. And I'm actually gonna switch to Penn State minus eighteen. Wow, yeah, calling it audible, Dan.
Speaker 1: And how about Illinois's quarterback den touchdowns no interceptions? Yeah, Brett Bielima head coach there.
Speaker 3: I think this was like, I really don't overthink this game. Like take Illinois, who's been great with eighteen points against Penn State.
Speaker 4: Great dogs all year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, I'm flip flip anything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna lay the fourteen and a half of the UCF against Colorado after Colorado's big win against Baylor last week.
Speaker 4: That line freaks me out. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: It is a whole lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that. I feel like all so much money is gonna be on Colorado and I still don't trust him. Dan against the U see's actually halfway decent team. I think they smoke him. And I'm going Marshall minus four against Western Michigan.
Speaker 1: Okay, that leads.
Speaker 3: And we'll all have noticed that there's no Iowa game this week.
Speaker 5: Dan.
Speaker 3: Fortunately they're on a pie so I could take a fucking break and losing money on that.
Speaker 1: All right. That brings us to Shyan Irving with your countage football picks.
Speaker 4: All right, Danny, I got the anti Apostates laying eleven versus the Herpaganta sephial Aids.
Speaker 1: That's Utah and Arizona.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I got the Fighting Bela most plus eighteen versus the Shower Witnesses.
Speaker 2: Is that Penstein?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope it's not another team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just one team that has that Moniker. Let me tell you, I think anybody's still there. I got the Hokies plus nineteen and a half?
Speaker 3: Is that night?
Speaker 4: Is that right? Is that number and a half? Yeah? Yeah? Versus the cocaine cowboys.
Speaker 1: And you're going against cam Ward.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And I got the fighting mullets versus the Dead Bill Snyders, and I got the Groovy Mule Laying six and a half versus Tulsa.
Speaker 1: That's North Texas, great.
Speaker 4: Bar, Groovy Mule, fantastic deals on extra curriculums in Denton, Texas. Fantastic jail in Denton.
Speaker 1: By the way, you've been in the jail in Denton house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I attempted to go to school there for a couple of minutes, Danny in Denton, Texas.
Speaker 1: I got and how did you end up in the jail cell in Denton, Texas?
Speaker 4: Got into a fight outside of the Groovy Mule, and they just, okay, threw me in jail.
Speaker 1: You don't strike me as a fighter.
Speaker 4: Well, I'd have to say you read me wrong. Back in the day, I definitely got into a couple of scraps.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: I think Shay's size. I'm with you. I didn't think he was a fighter, because you guys did normally. I always thought it was the opposite small guys. I will never test somebody who's under like five to.
Speaker 4: Nine agreed, because cauliflower ears.
Speaker 8: Yes, Oh well yeah, cauliflower ear no, thank you. That is a life lesson. Big dudes get tested, especially everybody's drinking. They think they're tough and they see a big dude. You know, it's like fucking jail. They want to hit the biggest dude in the bar. I don't know that they're talking shit.
Speaker 2: It's like jail.
Speaker 1: Oh, we don't know what.
Speaker 4: I think, that's just hugue.
Speaker 3: I'd still rather go for a small guy.
Speaker 4: I feel like that you would really well.
Speaker 1: That leads us to our NFL picks bad Larry. I'll start with.
Speaker 5: You might not like this, but I'm taking the Cowboys minus to six against my Giants.
Speaker 1: It's minus five and a half, laire.
Speaker 5: It's coming down. Okay. They impressed me to fourth. They had a nice little fourth quarter comeback five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Larry, terrible, they had terrible three quarters. Like who are they? I mean, the Giants can't run, like I understand the bet. The Giants are not some massively good running team until they I'm.
Speaker 5: A little I'm a little worried about the Giants defensive line is pretty good and your offensive line sucks. This might be a bad bet, but I'm a Giant fan and I'm like, here's you hate your Dallas Cowboys. I hate my Giants right now. So I'm taking the Cowboys minus the five and a half.
Speaker 4: I turned down tickets for this game. I got free tickets for this game at met Life on Thursday, and I was like, Nope, not going fuck that.
Speaker 1: Wow what else?
Speaker 5: I got the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 1: Larry, you didn't say Bengals, he said Bengals. Nice.
Speaker 5: Minus the four and a half against the Panthers.
Speaker 1: I got the Eagles and Andy Dalton. Andy Dalton is he's former former Bengal red rifle at the Panthers.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's the he's the what does call him ginger? Ginger? Yeah, I'm not worried about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The Eagles minus the two and a half against the Buccaneers. The Chargers plus eight against the Chiefs. The Chiefs got to lose a game one of these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I have the Chargers.
Speaker 1: We don't even know justin Herbert's availability here. They got injuries.
Speaker 5: Chiefs win close games. That's kind be inside the eight if the Chargers don't win it out right at home. Yeah, and then I have over the forty six in the Ravens Bills game all one units.
Speaker 1: All right? Uh, Dylan, you're next, all right?
Speaker 3: I got h Broncos Jets over thirty eight and a half because this game screams under. But neither of these defenses that are us to be great. I've looked particularly good this season, so I'll take the over. I'm going Rams money line against the Bears plus one twenty five. They're three point dogs. I don't know, that's a weird line to me. I think that's that's a don't overthink it. And the Rams put up a nice showing against the the Niners last weekend.
Speaker 1: Stafford gets hit though many a lot pressure on him, him and Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 3: Surprise, he hasn't tapped out yet, to be honest, after the Super Bowl win, be like, I'm done at this.
Speaker 4: Then you have like four kids.
Speaker 1: He might have more, but you got, you know, forty million dollars you're gonna walk away from.
Speaker 4: And you'd have to be out all those kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the kids. I mean, I think Stafford's done pretty good so far in his career financially.
Speaker 4: He's done good since birth. That dude's from fucking Highland Park, the nicest neighborhood ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what else do you have their deal?
Speaker 3: I got the Jags plus six and a half against the Texans. Jaguars have to figure something out because that was brutal last week, and Seahawks plus three and a half against the Lions on Monday nights.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm looking at I'm looking at these Trevor Lawrence numbers. It's just they're not good. So he gets paid more than Lamar Kyler, Hurtz, Mahomes, Josh Allen, Matthew Stafford man moving.
Speaker 3: He had like a I don't know, five game stretch. I think it was last season where they were like, yeah he entered.
Speaker 1: That, they were like eight and three and then they lost after.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, that key conversation and then since.
Speaker 1: Then nine in a row or something. All right, then Seahawks getting three and a half against Lions. That was a spicy one.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why. It just is all right, Uh shay, you bring up the rear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as usual, Danny got the fight in Hiahuasca's laying seven and a half against the Broncos I got I got Chargers plus eight as well. I think that's a whole lot of points. Whether it's Herbert or not, I don't care. And I think that Travis Kelsey's fat.
Speaker 1: Has he been fat?
Speaker 4: No? Did he?
Speaker 1: Just?
Speaker 4: Look look at pictures of him from twenty twenty two and then to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Hey, he's wiped up.
Speaker 4: Now there's been a transformation. That dude's That dude's drinking sugar heavy drinks at the US Open. He's eating more than Taylor is. She wants to feel skinny, so she feeds him. I know women like her. That's what happened. They feed the big guy so then they feel thin. They're like, no, no, no, I don't want to eat.
Speaker 3: But there's a chance of you going anywhere.
Speaker 4: Here's a pot roast? Is that is that happy?
Speaker 1: Wait? Is that going on in your house?
Speaker 4: The roommate does that to me? Yeah? Absolutely, She'll starve herself and then just make me all kinds of food. I don't care. I'll get fat. I got three kids, give a shit.
Speaker 7: Wait, because that a sign of a good relationship.
Speaker 4: Is good for me?
Speaker 3: Fucking eating good?
Speaker 4: All right? And then I got the Seahawks Lions over for six and a half golf indoors. And then this is the goofiest line to me all freaking week, Danny Saints Falcons. I got the over forty two. This is a I don't understand how a Shanahan led off. I just don't understand how it's forty two and not forty six and a half. I got that line different, So I'm hitting over.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump said to attend Georgia Alabama game in Tuscaloosa. Oh yeah, last time he was at an Alabama game. Might be as good a game as we've had in a while. That was twenty nineteen LSU Alabama, and that's when Joe Burrow and company beat two of forty six forty one.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if the give me Georgia President. I want Georgia right now.
Speaker 5: I want Georgia one unit alre just like minus two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll take Alabama.
Speaker 5: It's minus two. I want. I want one U on Georgia.
Speaker 3: Same yeah, ug, I'll be one on Alabama plus two.
Speaker 1: Okay, you.
Speaker 4: Dan, I was at that Alabama game when it happened. You were with Burrow. Yeah, it took us like two hours to get into the stadium with all the Secret Service and everyone there. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: You know What's interesting though? He Trump is at like every UFC fight, just like seemingly with very minimal security there compared to like that game whereas they locked. No, of course they do, but like it's just like he's kind of just like milling about in the stands taking pictures with people.
Speaker 4: The real question is, will like the third shooter show up and take a shot at Trump during.
Speaker 3: The game from like the blimp or something, and.
Speaker 4: Somebody give me a line on that.
Speaker 1: I don't think we should be taking a line on that.
Speaker 3: Do you think the line exists?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: I hope not, and we're not betting that. But I will say once again that Shay is not himself. He's in any dark place, and uh hopefully I can't. Okay, are you calling into the show Friday morning? Win or lose with the Cowboys. I'll call in no matter what. Yeah, no matter what, no matter what.
Speaker 4: I'll call it.
Speaker 1: If they lose to the Giants on Thursday night.
Speaker 4: Maybe, I mean, I'm thinking, I don't know, Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, I might just show up. It's going to be meat Friday. I'll just eat everything in here. Okay, you meet Fridays in Maine.
Speaker 1: No, I'm coming down. I'll be there for you meet Friday. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I don't want to miss out on that. Uh any, Oh, Shanan Irving podcast, What was your pot? Have you done your podcast this week?
Speaker 4: Recorded it last night? It got weird fast?
Speaker 1: What do you mean it gets weird every week?
Speaker 4: You say, got really weird. I started talking about John Deere, the company, and Americans and patriotism and capitalism, and I got I went on a run.
Speaker 1: But there's no energy in your voice, like, what is going on here?
Speaker 4: Depressed Danny?
Speaker 1: You're getting signed.
Speaker 4: I'm shook. I'm shook by the cowboys. I'm shook by going oh to five, I'm shook by the fourteen year old pitching to my ten year old daughter. You don't know that she's fourteen maybe sixteen? You're right, never mind, it could.
Speaker 1: Be like a Danny Almonte's sister.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was a lot closer to that that you can imagine. I mean, there was a language barrier. I'll tell you that. It's Shanean Irving. Wherever you get your podcast? And is anybody in here beside Shay, anybody went to wait, are you rooting for the Cowboys to lose for the content of my show?
Speaker 1: My radio show? Yeah, Dylan, for content. Are you rooting for the Giants to win?
Speaker 3: I'm rooting for them for a bunch of reasons, but that being one of them. And I also I think the storyline will I'm going to bet on the storyline too. I might sprinkle a little on the Giants money line because I can just see this unfolding perfectly.
Speaker 4: Bad.
Speaker 1: Larry, are you.
Speaker 5: Rooting no, cause I bet the Cowboys. I'm rooting very hard for the Cowboys. Plus, I don't want Shay to go any darker.
Speaker 4: It's just not a good place I'm in. I just need I need to win a lot of money on football if the Cowboys are going to be this bad, and I don't, I don't see that happening either, So I'm just kind of both.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's equally as hard to.
Speaker 4: It's a bad day.
Speaker 1: Considering how you sounded on Monday, you said it might be the worst day you've ever had and you've been in jail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 1: That I don't hear that on I mean, there's part of me that I would like to hear it on Friday. But I'm not hoping to hear that on Friday.
Speaker 4: I missed jail, like on Sunday, I missed it. I'd rather be in jail and didn't go what I went through on Sunday.
Speaker 1: So it's a Shay and Irving. It's bad, Larry, it's still in the graphics sky. It's Pa Ray, Marvin, yours truly, and have a great gambling weekend, just for entertainment purposes. Don't try to make a living. We'll talk to you next week at this time.
Speaker 5: Tom