Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: We're I'm back I number two here Kentucky Sports Radio at the cas Bar and Grill open for lunch. And I have a new second favorite food item here chanting that fish is really good.
Speaker 5: The new cat fit sounds like it's still enjoying something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I didn't get it all down before it started, but they have like a new we have a new batter on it, and that is I liked it before, but that is much better.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to try it.
Speaker 6: That is much better.
Speaker 4: So we're just so you know, this summer we are we're redoing some of our food items.
Speaker 6: Pretty much everything but the wings.
Speaker 4: We're redoing, trying to upgrade a little bit because you know, over time, you got to keep changing a restaurant and it's hard.
Speaker 6: Hard work for restaurants in today's world.
Speaker 4: So we're changing a lot of our food items this summer pretty much like I said, everything but the wings. And this is a definite upgrade. So I'm in Ryan Lemon.
Speaker 2: People ask all the time, you know, what should we get besides wings? I always suggest the catfish. I mean, I really think it's the best in town. It just made it even better.
Speaker 4: That is very very good. Kudos to Monique. We worked on that that recipe and now watch out, watch out for more catfish.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't want to take my headset off and finish it.
Speaker 4: While bass fishing is what they fish in the Kentucky State championships. Okay, so that's it's not that that's the answer.
Speaker 2: To how about Meilmenberg County get accused of home lake advantage?
Speaker 6: We go on the road.
Speaker 2: We're gonna win it anyway at Lake Cumberland.
Speaker 4: Good they do speaking of going on to them, speaking of going on the road and winning, Knicks uh state, Well, they didn't go on road. They stayed home and won last night as the Celtics. That was such a great game. In the fourth quarter. You had Jason Tatum going off and then Jalen Brunson was amazing down the stretch, and then unfortunately Tatum got heard at the end. It looked like the Knicks we're gonna win. It looks bad for Tatum. But uh, did you see the scene outside of Madison Square Garden after the game.
Speaker 6: Oh you got go.
Speaker 4: If you haven't seen the video, Seventh Avenue basically shut down really with uh with Knicks fans that I mean, it is it shut down. They basically cars couldn't even get on the road. They were going so crazy. It looked like New York outside of Madison Square Garden would have been the most fun place to be in the world last night, Drew after they won that game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And if that's how they act, going up three to one, if they go to the Eastern Conference Finals, which it looks like they will, I don't think they've been since two thousand, that place is gonna been they.
Speaker 4: I mean they, I mean they, you know, it looks like Indiana may be there.
Speaker 6: They could beat them.
Speaker 4: They'll have home court advantage over Indiana as well.
Speaker 7: And I really hope Indiana gets the job done because I grew up on the Pacers Knicks. You know, there's been a lot of good NBA rivalies because that was in my era, like Reggie, Yeah, I'm be glad to see that in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Shannon Tyrese Halliburton, and Jalen Brunson got in a WWE e reen together last summer.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you saw.
Speaker 4: One of them was with Jake Paul and the other one was with h. L. A. Knight, So there's a there's a big rivalry there. I think it would be awesome. I'm all in on the Knicks being good that I kind of adopted the Knicks as my team a few years ago just because I only cheered for Kentucky guys and there was a period where they had like five of them. Now they have Carl but uh, but I'm excited to see him do well.
Speaker 2: Everybody thought it was gonna be the Cavs and the Celtics, and here come the Pacers and the Knicks. Like Drew said man in the nineties, that was the series a lot of times. That was the much best. That was the best series of the whole championship was that Eastern Conference Finals win. Those two teams in that.
Speaker 7: Second half, that was some high level basketball. They were just trading shots. The Knicks pulled away at the very end right as Tatum got hurt, but neither side could miss for most of the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's unbelieving, he Jalen Brunson is for a little dude, is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And crunch time, he just does not miss.
Speaker 4: So let's talk real quick about the Kentucky guys in the playoffs. Carl Town's obviously on this team. Last night they had to take him out because he couldn't guard him by down the stretch. But he's actually played really well. Ga has played awesome. Jamal Murray's kind of had a resurgence in the playoffs a little bit after having you know, an up and down season. Case and Wallace hit three threes in the last game to kind of turn that Oklahoma City Thunder game around. These UK guys have been playing pretty amazing during this thing.
Speaker 7: It's been fun to watch.
Speaker 6: I guess was Randall been awesome for me, had a.
Speaker 7: Triple double two games ago. They're they're also gonna move on, but Jokic played bad. I think it was game three, and Murray flipped that switch that he can only he can do sometimes and he carried him to that win. It's been fun watching all those guys. I'm gonna get pretty conflicted when it gets down to especially if the Nuggets advance. Well, you know, I like Thunder two. But we're gonna have a lot of UK people in the You're gonna have.
Speaker 4: Any You're gonna have a Western Conference final with Randall versus s g A and Case and Wallace, and then you're gonna have Carl Towns in the Eastern Conference Final probably, uh, you know, lot of Kentucky representation there.
Speaker 2: I love the playoffs. I mean, I know we don't want to pay much attention to the NBA during the season, but I love the playoffs and these guys are just playing so great. You know he mentioned the patients they've got Isaiah Jackson.
Speaker 6: Ian Jackson, Ian Jackson. Yeah, well, let's not forget.
Speaker 7: And while you were gone, I called him, okay several times, let's not forget. Dillingham hadn't been playing, but there's a chance they can start using him soon. He's been injured a little bit, but he's as a rookie. I mean, you get drafted seventh and you're heading to the conference finals most likely. It's awesome.
Speaker 6: Wie.
Speaker 4: Julius Randall turnaround has been amazing. And I still would say to you when you're doing the most underrated UK players, if you go through my lifetime and I say, who are the most underrated UK players?
Speaker 6: For me?
Speaker 4: Keith Bogan's although Nick Rouse said Keith Bogan should have his jersey retired, and I actually agree with him.
Speaker 6: If you look at his career.
Speaker 4: Keith Bogans to me's always number one on that list just because people forget about him. Brandon Knight is on that list as well, but I think Julie is Randall's on the list because if you go look at the record books, if you ever get a chance, go to John Scott's UK basketball website and look at the single season records, like who had the most first of all, most single season rebounds besides Oscar in the season ever, most double doubles in a season ever.
Speaker 6: And we remember that.
Speaker 4: Season as the Twins season because of Aaron Harrison, and there's two of them.
Speaker 6: But Julius Randall was the best player.
Speaker 4: On that team, and so it's nice to see him getting his shine here in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Julius Randall drug Kentucky did the championship game, drug him, put him on his back, and when they needed a bucket, he got it for him during that whole run.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and his the double doubles, I mean he played I want to say forty games or maybe thirty eight games at UK and had a double double in like thirty three of them or thirty four. I mean, that's ridiculous and that's what he did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I'm glad he's had a good resurge in the pros, he and Carl were both kind of on teams where their fan bases were getting a little tired of them. They end up in the same trade and play each other in the It's worked out for both sides. Both those guys have gotten back to a just superstar level. Especially in these playoffs.
Speaker 6: You can see two guys. You're Drea's exactly right.
Speaker 4: Their fan bases were both kind of put out with both of them. They get traded for each other, and now they might play each other in the find us like that would be.
Speaker 6: That would be a really fascinating subplot.
Speaker 2: And I've been you mentioned Shave, but he's he's an MVP man. He didn't win it this year, but he's gonna win an MVP award. He's the best player. What do you mean absolutely going to he said.
Speaker 6: He didn't win it. I thought they're gonna give the joke you again. No, they haven't picked it yet. Okay, it'll be It'll probably be SGA.
Speaker 2: He deserves it. The dude's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: In that game where he was a plus fifty one in game two or whatever it was, that was just insanity.
Speaker 6: In the NBA, I have I have a movie, Shannon to.
Speaker 4: I'm giving it a half hearted recommendation, but it is a recommendation, right. You know, I like going to the theater. I don't do it very much just cause you know, you don't think about it. I went and saw Sinners.
Speaker 6: I know you're gonna say that, so have you all seen it personally? So here's my you know, I hate vampires like vampires.
Speaker 4: To me, it's that's stupid. Why can't you just have a movie without vampires? Why do you have to have vampires everywhere? But with that said, if you're gonna have vampires, it's probably my favorite vampire thing. The first two thirds of Sinners is awesome, absolutely awesome. The first two thirds of Sinners is one of my favorite movies I've seen in a long time. There's a scene where they're playing music.
Speaker 6: Has anybody you've seen it?
Speaker 4: You know, the scene where they're playing music and it like goes through history, you know what I mean. I think that's one of the best scenes I've seen in a movie ever. Now, the last third becomes a little vampirey for me. That's why I'm not gonna say it's like the best movie seen in my life. But the first two thirds. It reminds me of from Dust Till Dawn Shannon. I love the first half of that movie, and then it becomes vampires at the end. It's worth seeing though, even though the last third is a little vampire for me.
Speaker 6: Have you seen it?
Speaker 7: No, I can't remember my last trip to the movie theater, but I'm trying to make a point to go and see Centers in the theater because the reviews are just so good.
Speaker 6: And the music is awesome.
Speaker 4: I mean, the music is like blues and then there's old like Irish music in it as well. The vampires are are Irish and so they play, but they play beautiful Irish music. And they got all the people from the movie. All the people that sing are actually singers and not actors. They were like, rather than telling actors to try to learn to sing, we're gonna have singers play the part and we'll teach them to act. And they're really really good.
Speaker 6: And then the woman in there, what's her name, Haley Stanfield. It's all beautiful like that the dream, Oh was that his wife?
Speaker 7: They're engaged?
Speaker 4: Okay, Josh, respect just uh great movie, so again, little vampirey, but still I think that great movie.
Speaker 7: Michael B.
Speaker 6: Jordan.
Speaker 7: Everything he's in is good.
Speaker 6: He plays two characters. He like, He's, He's, He's.
Speaker 4: They're twins and I don't I don't know how they see gid it, but you they it does not look like CGI and they're interacting with each other the whole movie.
Speaker 6: So I've heard a lot of good things about it. You just signing.
Speaker 2: Some of his buddies went to send said it was outstanding.
Speaker 6: So I'll see it. I'm probably on Netflix. Well that'll be a while, probably. Yeah, you're not gonna go to the theater. I did see you went to the theater. See that Tom Brady Old Woman movie.
Speaker 2: Well you made me eighties for Brady. Yeah, I did see Conclave, like the number one streaming show again.
Speaker 6: Should be Conclave.
Speaker 4: Would I'd give that a recommendation to everyone. This is one like like my parents wouldn't like Sinners. But if you're young and you like that, I think you would like Mario.
Speaker 6: Have you seen it? You would love it. You need to go see it. Who's up next?
Speaker 5: Let's go to Nico.
Speaker 6: Nico.
Speaker 4: Although you do hate all that sort of metaphysical, all that you're scared of all those things, maybe maybe you shouldn't go ahead and Nico.
Speaker 8: Hannah, I actually call him in a while back when you were gone. I taught to rhyme go glad to hang up. But I I said a question about otego away in the draft. Do you how many do you think? How high do you think he'd be up for him to.
Speaker 4: If Otago was a first round pick, he would go, he would stay in the draft. I do not think that will happen, so I think he'll be back, and I appreciate the call. He probably will make more money here than he would as a first round pick, at least in his first year. But I think if he was a first round pick, he would stay. I don't see that happening because I don't think he's shown them drew that he can shoot well enough, and that's why he would have to come back and I think prove that to go play in the NBA.
Speaker 7: Now that we know the draft order, every publication that covers basketball has a mock draft. This morning, there's ten of them, and not one of them lists, so take it away as a draft pick. Now, Kobe Brea is on most of them, if not all of them. Even Yahoo has him up to thirty fourth, fourth in the second round, ahead of guys like Boogie Flann and people that were one time lottery picks. But Alway has not really been mentioned on that. But I mean you can. But that goes to show you the modern NBA.
Speaker 4: You can see you could put Kobe Brea on an NBA floor and put him there, and if he's open, he'll hit threes. Oway what he does is great for college, but unless he's a knock down three point shooter, you can't play a dude in the NBA who is not money if he's open from three. And that's why I don't think he would get picked.
Speaker 2: And that's why I think if he comes back works on his shot, he could maybe play his way into being a first round guy next year.
Speaker 6: He can make a shot.
Speaker 4: I don't know they'll ever be a first round guy, but there might be a world he could play because he is very athletic, and maybe he could, but I just don't think it's gonna happen this year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and at this point, seeing you know nothing. He was bad at the combine, but the fact that no one's even mentioning him in the second round, I would be absolutely stunned. If he's not back with what he can make in Kentucky next year.
Speaker 4: Well, the day, the fact that yesterday we got an email that said Mark Pope's doing a press conference.
Speaker 6: To me says, Otega always gonna end up back here. I think if.
Speaker 4: Mark Pope had to fill the Otaga Oway slot, which would mean go get a superstar, he would not be doing his press conference.
Speaker 6: Makes sense until he goes and gets that. Do you agree with that? Polly agree?
Speaker 7: I said, I not guarantee anything, but I just can't imagine he'd stay in the draft not even knowing that he'd get picked right now unless something really changes in the next few days.
Speaker 4: At the Combine, Hey Corn Brad Himp has launched their first pure infused Seltzer in four delicious flavors. They've they're alcohol completely alcohol free, made with six ingredients, and each contains only five grams of sugar and fifteen calories. It is the perfect way to kick back with friends and make it happy. Choose for Blueberry Breeze, salted watermelon, peach, iced tea or raspberry.
Speaker 6: They have them at Total Wine.
Speaker 4: Liquor, Board Liquor, Barn Cox Spirit Shoppers and hopefully here at some point go to get Kentucky's best buzz at cornbreadhemp dot com.
Speaker 6: We will take a break, not you kids. That was for everyone. You all are you can't do that. We'll take a break and be right back. It's Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, Tuke you Sports Radio here at kaspar Remember trivia's tonight. If you want to make sure to get your reservation with your team, you can, or you can show up here. If you don't have a reservation, make sure you get here a few minutes before so you can get your spot. I'm doing my questions all day today, hopefully we'll be ready tonight. And got picked my UK basketball question last night because I do have one.
Speaker 6: We'll see if we can fool Corey Price here again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other night when I played, there was not a UK question. I kept waiting for it, but you had a couple other sports related questions.
Speaker 6: That's true. I didn't rise this.
Speaker 4: Shannon Haley Stanfield, Do you know who are uncle is?
Speaker 6: This is gonna be a name from the.
Speaker 5: Past, no idea.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when we were kids in the morning on ESPN body by Jake?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that was her uncle? Really?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 6: You remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you would sit there and be waiting for Sports Center to come on, and he would sit there with his perm and be doing like calisthenics in the morning. That's kind of crazy that that was on ESPN, But it was for a while.
Speaker 7: Did you ever get up to the total body work?
Speaker 4: And I just wanted him to go off the air so I could watch Sports Center. But my parents would drop me off at my grandparents so they could go to work, and I would sit there and watch Body by Jake until Shannon, there's a guy, hadn't thought of it.
Speaker 6: In a long time. Man, it's apparently Haley Stanfield's uncle.
Speaker 5: You said, guess who I mean? I would have never guessed that guy.
Speaker 6: How long do you think it would have taken you to guess Body by Jake?
Speaker 5: Ten years?
Speaker 6: Ten years? It might have been a while.
Speaker 4: This woman right here says she bought an extra football ticket, So you are offsetting some of the seventy five.
Speaker 6: To eighty people who are not renewing that have showed up on the textaboket, So we should get credit for that. Good seats available.
Speaker 2: If you ever wanted to buy season tickets, this might be the year to do it.
Speaker 4: Five and seven. The guy said, your marks, your does he survive five and seven?
Speaker 2: If as long as you're competitive in some of those losses, like you can't get just run off the field and buy Texas. And some of these schools are gona play this year.
Speaker 6: It's the most important game of the year to you. Next year in football Toledo. Yeah, you can't let Toledo. You think it's Toledo. We're really doing that. It's Toledo.
Speaker 7: Even if that's just reasonably close. I think people are gonna be so mad.
Speaker 2: And and in the year's past season openers, we've not really looked all that great, all that sharp. They win, but they don't don't cover in a lot of situations.
Speaker 6: Yeah, see, I think it's Old Miss.
Speaker 4: I think Old Miss is going to decide how fans look at the year. Even if we lose, we can't get blown out in that old misk. And it's gonna spend all summer game playing in the context game because his first game.
Speaker 6: Are they playing somebody bad in the first game.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you know we beat him down there last year. That was kept them out of the playoffs.
Speaker 6: They're gonna be all summer he's gonna be getting ready for that game. Yep.
Speaker 7: Just want to remind you Toledo will be Mississippi State in Starkville by twenty four last year, you really think there's a chance we could lose to Tuleda. Absolutely, now, not a great chance. But that's why I'm saying it's important because you have to handle your business.
Speaker 4: We see what the line is. I bet there's a line out on it. Don't you think I'll check see if you can find a line on that game? Who's up next?
Speaker 6: Shit?
Speaker 4: Kim, Kim, go ahead, Kim hey Man?
Speaker 9: First time? Long time?
Speaker 6: Who are I am?
Speaker 9: The archery coach from Pulaski County High School?
Speaker 6: Nice? Good? We have all the coaches.
Speaker 4: So you guys have like an archery dynasty, right, we have a fishing dynasty in an archery dynasty.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know if we'd call us a dynasty or not. Matt Ryan was giving us a little extra credit there yesterday. We are very good. Okay, we're usually in the top ten in the state.
Speaker 4: That's good, but good in Pulaski County at archery, how.
Speaker 6: Do they learn? Uh?
Speaker 9: Well, it was one of the counties that they actually founded the National Archery School Program. Tommy Tommy Floyd, who was at Somerset High School was one of the first.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 9: He was I think the principal then or maybe assistant superintendent. Uh and he he was one of the first schools that started that. He's now the the president of NAST nationally.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, so you guys got.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I did want to say for for Shennon, one of one of the premier teams in the state every year is usually one of the bullet teams.
Speaker 5: Two bullets.
Speaker 4: They have to shoot shoot those just to get up and down the street in Bullet County, so that's partially why they do it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is true. This year's best team was probably Harrison County.
Speaker 6: Okay. I heard.
Speaker 9: They won both the middle school and the state championship this year and then finished Usually the Kentucky state winner will finish in the top in the top ten nationally just about every year.
Speaker 4: Well, good, well, congratulations on the success there. And I'm glad Ryan gave you all shout.
Speaker 6: Out Sir me too, thank you, appreciate appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd heard the legend of Joe Floyd, and I thought they were just a Dynasty in the night school archery in Kentucky.
Speaker 6: Did you hear Shannon about the new situation in Newark yesterday? No?
Speaker 4: I know, I keep doing the Newark Airport stories, but they keep coming up. What now, yesterday only one person was operating the air tower.
Speaker 6: For most of the day yesterday.
Speaker 4: One hundred and eighty flights coming in and out every hour and one person because there were people, Uh there's one person who called in and they had one person doing it. Apparently by regulation they can do that, but it is not advised. So after all this one person was up there yesterday, I hope that person was dialed in. They got a good night's sleep.
Speaker 5: How many hour?
Speaker 6: One hundred and eighty flights coming in and out?
Speaker 3: So so, I mean, if we're just sixty, it'd be one a minute, three times times.
Speaker 6: It's not just one runway. They have multiple runways.
Speaker 5: But you're having to coordinate all this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's I'm so, I mean you basically have to make sure one hundred and eighty flights land or take off in an hour.
Speaker 5: That is a lot of responsible person.
Speaker 6: Every twenty seconds.
Speaker 7: Did they get a lunch break the bottles like, we'll take your attention off anything the whole day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gotta be you got I mean, poor that person.
Speaker 2: Somebody sent me an article yesterday said it was ranking the most stressful jobs while on the job, and air traffic controller was number one.
Speaker 6: I can see that. You can't.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can make a mistake in any job, but that one.
Speaker 6: If you make a mistake as an air.
Speaker 5: Traffic or a pilot, people die, Like people die.
Speaker 6: You can't, like, you know, we make a mistake on here, Shannon.
Speaker 5: Can drop it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the idea that you it would be crazy. And the thing that gets me about it is that they they're just like, well, we're gonna keep going, we'll get it fixed, don't worry. But there's still flights coming in and out every day, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's it's wild.
Speaker 7: Don't worry. Ted, he's up there, he's got us. He's gonna get us through it.
Speaker 4: Just what when you say to me, Like when I see the transportation guy get up and he says, don't worry, we'll have it fixed by September, there's a part of me that says, so, if you need to have it fixed enough in September, why are we doing it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, they still don't know why they've lost communication during that time, right, that's still a mystery.
Speaker 6: I think what has happened.
Speaker 4: I just I did see there was one of our listeners was in the Newark Airport, Shannon, and he was like, I'm gonna keep flying into Newark because not as many people are flying in and out. Ye and he took a picture at the baggage claim and he goes, well, at least there's one more person not scared, and it was Al Snow was standing there. So he and Al Snow were not scared of flying into uh Newark. We'll take a break back.
Speaker 5: TJ.
Speaker 4: Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 1: He'll make them.
Speaker 3: Pay now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 5: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 6: All right, I have two things I want people to look at at home.
Speaker 4: Don't don't drop what you're doing, like if you're driving a car, but maybe put this in your mind to go to.
Speaker 6: First.
Speaker 4: This is Metallica in Sam Man. If you get a chance tonight, turn on YouTube. I'll turn on the YouTube and pull up Metallica Inner Samman Moscow. This was right after the Soviet Union fell. Okay, right after the Soviet Union fell, the West, like you know, the Western world kind of gets to come into to Russia. The first band to play in Moscow in a big concert was Metallica. I want you to look up and go look at that scene, Shannon. I've never seen anything like it. I'd never seen this video before.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, does that not look insane? I mean there are that they estimate a million people were there a million, and they are going crazy, and there's all those Russian guards in the front, like probably going what is happening right now?
Speaker 6: Look at that.
Speaker 4: I've never seen anything like that in my life. It looks like all of Russia was like, well we're free now, let's listen to Metallica. That is one of the I've never seen a concert scene like that, Shannon, and that so when I saw that, I thought, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Ye bigger than that, I don't know that there's.
Speaker 4: Ever been one bigger than that when you consider this city, you know what was going on, et cetera. So that's what second. On a much different note, Mario. You know what Mario does such a good job, but sometimes we have to teach him some things. So one of Mario's jobs is he he does social media for chos Bar and Grill, And we said do something about the new catfish. So if you want, go to Instagram to the Chaos Bar account. All right, go to Instagram to the chas Bar account and click our story. He decides to take a video of us eating the catfish. I'm not sure he's Shanning could have taken a more ridiculous video that does less to sell the catfish than what he did. He has Ryan using his hand as a plate. Yeah, and with big wads of food in his cheek.
Speaker 5: I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: Ryan, Like, why not just pick it up and eat it's already.
Speaker 4: He uses a fork to take the food out of his hand and he's eating at him. He literally took the food, put it in his hand and then used a fork to eat out of his hand, which, by the way, is not what you should do in a restaurant, especially with these fine people sitting right next to you. But then Mario thought that was the good advertisement.
Speaker 7: Favorite Ryan clip. It's like, already to your mouth is eat it out of your hand?
Speaker 6: Why are you using a fork?
Speaker 2: Well, first, of all that's disgusting in a restaurant to eat it with your hands. And somebody had just spilled half hand, So you want me to just lick it out of my hand?
Speaker 6: I didn't say any about licking.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't got I got a piece falls instead of let the fall on the floor, I got my hand there like you're supposed to.
Speaker 6: And then you use a fork out of your hand.
Speaker 2: Oh you would rather me just take a liquid or bite it out of my hand.
Speaker 6: Let me show you how a man eats fish. I saw it.
Speaker 4: You spilt it all over the table. You put it in, and then you go, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: That was good.
Speaker 2: But you're using your fingers and we're all sharing that food. Now, nobody wants to eat that now you just had your fingers on it.
Speaker 6: I was using a fork like you're supposed to.
Speaker 2: I didn't spill half my fish sandwich all of the table.
Speaker 6: That I'm not playing. I was blaming Mario Shannon.
Speaker 4: Do you think that is something that makes people want to eat that food?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I just took a perfect screenshot from that story and tweetered it.
Speaker 5: Doubt too.
Speaker 7: Also, the plate is just destroyed. There's just food everywhere.
Speaker 5: That's green show.
Speaker 6: I didn't destroy it. I used a fork. So we're gonna have to work.
Speaker 4: We have to work with Mario and how you make food look appetizing.
Speaker 6: But I'm gonna leave that up there.
Speaker 4: But it's really really good. The capis is delicious. We'll see it tonight. Yeah, how much catfish we sail Mario? Based on the based on the thing it was?
Speaker 8: Up?
Speaker 4: Next, let's go to Perry Perry, go ahead, Perry.
Speaker 10: Hey, long time listener, first time caller.
Speaker 4: Who A.
Speaker 10: Couple of things. What I like about the show is that I've been listing over a decade. Is a y'all touch on everything, a lot of stuff that goes on in my life. I'll talk about Archer. I'll go and shout out to my son Austin. He's the number one seventh grader and archer in the state.
Speaker 6: Well good, But.
Speaker 10: Oh so, if Toledo is our toughest game on the scale, our most pivotal game on the schedule, I think that says something about UK football at state right now.
Speaker 4: I don't disagree with you, I don't. I don't think Drew is wrong. But if Drew believes Toledo is the most important game. That's a bad sound.
Speaker 8: Oh, I thought.
Speaker 10: Yeah, as far as Mark STEP's job, I'd say it probably is the most important game because at that point, I think the fan basis probably gone no if he were.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if he were to lose. You're exactly right.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I know I could talk about like an offensive game plan or the NBA draft or whatnot, but I know y'all get into like the wild and crazy. It gets more clicks for everything. And I was going through like I think it popped up on Twitter. These crazy people were just like holler, and I was like, what is that? They have bigfoot calling competitions. I looked up. I was like, wonder if they did at Kentucky, that'd be hilarious to watch. And they actually do it in the Red River Gorge at the end of the month. I just wonder if y'all ever thought about doing like a remote or something like that. And I don't know what to join in it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't know. I don't know what that is. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 4: Have you ever heard of a bigfoot calling competition at Red River Gorge?
Speaker 2: I never heard of it, but I think the guy's onto something. We should do a remote there and into the context.
Speaker 4: Feels like that's crazy people though, like there's a level of crazy I enjoy. And then there's people who are screaming for Bigfoot, and that's that's probably one.
Speaker 6: I would see.
Speaker 7: You should check it out.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I want to go back to his point about about UK football for a second. If you, Drew, do believe that Toledo is the most important. I completely agree that if we were to lose, that's a disaster and he'll he'll probably not be the coach anymore. But isn't it a sad statement though, that that's even on the table.
Speaker 7: Yes, now, I think Kentucky will win, and there's not a line yet. I would guess it'll still be seventeen twenty points. I mean, Kentucky should win that, but I'm just saying it's important because if you don't, that will be absolute hell around Lexington next fall's and that's not a normal Toledo's better than your usual week one cupcake.
Speaker 6: You remember.
Speaker 7: I still like Kentucky'll win, but it is not a guarantee.
Speaker 4: Originally in our schedule, if you remember, we were supposed to go to Eastern Michigan this year. That great game was supposed to be a road game. I just want you to imagine that for a minute, if we would have had to go to that, that's originally what it was supposed to be.
Speaker 2: If those weird to Toledo, they absolutely have to beat Ole Miss that next game or the season.
Speaker 4: No, no, let me be clear. If you lose to Toledo, it's over. I mean, so you can't lose to Toledo. I know Mississippi State did, but get guess what they did, change coaches. I mean you you can't lose to Toledo because you're right, the schedule is too hard. When it's over, like, it's too your home games. Texas could win the national championship. Tennessee, Ole Miss in Florida all go into the season thinking they can make the playoff.
Speaker 7: Yep, right, South Carolina's reloaded on the team that whooped you last year.
Speaker 4: Those are your uh, those are your four home own games, right, So you can't you think you think you're gonna win at Bandy will get well, Vandy beat you at home last year and he's beating us two straight years and the games haven't been that close.
Speaker 7: So yeah, can't be looking anyone next year.
Speaker 6: Hey, you know the.
Speaker 4: Recent storms may have caused damage to your roof, but don't wait to get your roof inspect to get it done now because if you miss a minor repair, it could cost you thousands. That's the Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting free estimates. At Bluegrass Roofing Family veteran and first responder owned residential roofing, commercial roofing. They love to do repairs and a lifetime warranty on any full roof replacement. Use my code KSR free inspection for five percent off your roof repair or replacement. It is Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting dot com or one eight hundred roof Pro Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting.
Speaker 6: We are here at KOs Bar and Grill. We will take a break and be right back to Kentucky Sports Radio. Shit. At one point six million people were at that Metallica.
Speaker 5: Comy in Sanity.
Speaker 4: Can imagine six million people and like I was reading more, I was reading about it last night. A lot of those people didn't like that music wasn't even allowed there, So a lot of those people didn't even know, Like, imagine you had never heard Metallica and then you show up, and that's what's happened.
Speaker 5: Well, imagine the Lions for everything you know you hate lines.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Oh, I'm I'm out before they even when nothing else matters. I'm out right after that. Unbelievable. Let's do our picks here. For Draft Kings. You go to Draft Kings sports Book. It's now bet five three hundred dollars if you get the bet right.
Speaker 6: Okay, you gotta get the bet right though.
Speaker 4: Okay, So promo codes casts are you go the Draft Kings sports book download it? Uh, Draft Kings, the crown is yours, Pacers and Cavaliers. Pacers can close it out tonight, but the Calves are seven and a half point favorite.
Speaker 6: Who you got?
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm riding the Pacers bandwagon.
Speaker 6: They're gonna win. They're gonna cover and win. Absolutely go Pacers. Calves win tonight.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they cover, but they win to take a game six in India.
Speaker 7: I think I've nailed all our predictions in the playoffs. I'm gonna jinx myself here and brag on myself, but I'm I'm gonna ride with Ryan and say Pacers cover, Caves win, Thunder.
Speaker 4: And the Nuggets tied to too, but the Thunder are a ten and a half point favorite home. That's a huge number considering the series is tied at two to two. What do you got, Phil, Too?
Speaker 7: Again, I think the home team wins, but the road team covers. I'll take Denver getting the points.
Speaker 6: I kind of agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: What about you, I'm gonna go the same way because Denver kind of struggled last time out. They're gonna kind of at least make have a good showing. So, yeah, Thunder may win, but Denver covers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully that we are c our Kentucky guys do well. One person rights, Matt. Last night, Monday Night, Raw was in the Young Center. Did you see the UK flag in the middle.
Speaker 6: Yes. Shout out to whoever did that.
Speaker 4: You're probably listening to this show if you're a UK fan that's also a wrestling fan that went to Raw last night and held that flag up. You are probably listening right now. Salute to you, sir or madam. The UK flag was right there in the center Drew for everyone to see.
Speaker 7: I saw that. Someone send me a picture of it that was there. I also saw lots of pictures of UK fans who hadn't been to the Yump Center. While taking pictures of that banner that says like ap top ten or whatever where, they weren't allowed to take everything else. So the UK fans enjoyed taking over the Yump Center last night.
Speaker 4: That was great, very cool. They're gonna have is it SmackDown or raw? One of them is going to be here in Lexington here soon. But they were in Louisville last night. Who's next?
Speaker 5: Shit, let's go to Senda. Get done done?
Speaker 6: How are you done?
Speaker 12: I'm doing awesome? So let's talk about yourself.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 12: So about the movie Centers, right? I didn't realize at the end of the movie, do not leave? Yeah, that's all the credits as a whole O the part.
Speaker 6: See I see I heard that. I laughed, Oh you let laughed? I don't.
Speaker 4: I read that after I was finished, After the credits and Centers, there's a whole other thing. And I missed it because I didn't know, and I leave the moment the credits start, and I missed it unfortunately, So I may go see it again. I'd go see it again just for that movie mov scene because the music scene. That music scene is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time.
Speaker 12: Now the other thing I'm about to head to Deston and was Rhyn and them just in Dustin. What is something cool to do while I'm there?
Speaker 6: Go for it? We were in Panama City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can't go to the water and the beaches are so perfect and deskin. You need to go anywhere.
Speaker 6: Just go to the beach. Make you a dagwood say it? You take it down to the beach and eat the sandwich wood sandwich. It's so gross if you take sandwiches to the beach.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah, put them in little plastic bags, put our names on them, take them to the names.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is somebody gonna steal them? Well, I don't want somebody to eat my dag. We don't want to just eat my sandwich. Would you?
Speaker 12: Would you rap here? Would you wrap here? Pop and illuminum foril?
Speaker 4: I appreciate the cand enjoy your trip. It's Deston has night. I always kind of thought as Deston is like children, like all snotty family, airacteria and everything family.
Speaker 2: But the beaches are clean, the waters crystal clear blue water.
Speaker 6: It's awesome. Florida, panandle check it out.
Speaker 7: I've been to Dustin one time and said I'll never go back.
Speaker 4: I feel like, when it comes to beaches, you have you have you been to a really good beach, because.
Speaker 5: What you call really good beach?
Speaker 3: I think Panama City Beach is amazing, but you know it depends on your idea of a good beach.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: For me, it was the crowds. Just to drive to dinner, I felt like took an hour each way. And it's just it didn't feel like vacation. I needed some some quiet and some peace on vacation. The people everywhere. Do you think like Myrtle Beach is a beautiful beach?
Speaker 6: Not really.
Speaker 2: I don't like the East Coast beaches. You know, the water is kind of seaweedy. And the Golf of Mexico absolute.
Speaker 6: Stop.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go ahead and tell you I am not calling it from the Golf America. That was the trigger me. I know I know who you are. Go ahead, Jerry, Jerry, go ahead, and Jerry.
Speaker 11: Hey Matt for two points. First one is on the Newark thing with the single person controllers have very very rigid work rules, which is part of the staffing problem. But they only work an hour on and an hour off. So it's maybe one position with staffed, but not just one single person stuck in that power for eight or nine hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah one, Even if it's just for one hour, it's still scary.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 11: But but but what's gonna I don't know because what's gonna happen. But it's a pain of butt what it is. This is what's gonna happen. They're gonna slow all that traffic down. Hancel right.
Speaker 6: With you, Jerry? Why that would scare me? Okay?
Speaker 4: Probably it's my own life, right, I mean, if I'm being honest, you know, I've had seizures and like imagine the one person in there were to have like a seizure, like seriously, and there's nobody there to back.
Speaker 11: But you know, the other thing I would say is controllers, like pilots, are subject to a lot of medical scripts.
Speaker 4: For the pilots have co pilots for that very reason.
Speaker 11: Though, well, I guarantee you they wann't the only person in the tower. There maybe staff and because there's several positions in the tower, they might be where usually they would like say, have two or three guys working ground, and now they only a one guy to work ground or two or three guys working. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: All right, what's your other one?
Speaker 11: And the other thing? On the Toledo game. I agree that you could tug. You should win that game, but it's been to like sixty forty and I'll be surprised their favored by one thing. Because Toledo, everybody is talking about what a good football team they've got, and they're the consensus to be the best team in the MAC.
Speaker 6: Game.
Speaker 4: We're just saying, Drew that our running back is there, Chip Trainer, Chip.
Speaker 7: Trainer was there, donuts there. He didn't play a lot here, but he might get in and have some be a little inspired. And then also they returned their quarterback from the team that want to start villing.
Speaker 6: He's got me worried about this Toledo game.
Speaker 7: I wasn't even that worried when I said it's but I'm sorry to turn myself into getting scared. How are you making me worried just because the worst case scenario there just destroys the whole season?
Speaker 6: Do you think no one will care?
Speaker 4: The NBA cheated to get Cooper flag on Dallas after all their fans revolted and said uh and said we're done.
Speaker 2: The conspiracy theorists are out there in full force after that draft last night. What that was one chance of getting the first pick and they got it.
Speaker 5: What happened to them rolling out like the lotto balls?
Speaker 3: We don't see because I need to see that though.
Speaker 4: But I think it's because they say they do like a thousand balls now and it would be too much, so they.
Speaker 5: Dense it down. I mean, you could get you where the odds are the same.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't, I don't know. I don't know, but I mean they did. It's it's Cooper. So after they traded Louke, the conspiracy is the NBA wanted Luca in in l a And in order to have them do that, they give them Cooper Flag. What's interesting me though, is he got criticized so much for that trade, understandably so. But if I told you you could get Cooper Flag and Anthony Davis for Luca, you.
Speaker 6: Might do it. You probably would do it Drew.
Speaker 4: So maybe in the end Dallas is gonna end up winning that trade.
Speaker 7: I think they will. But you can't give Nico credit. They have to fire him before the draft, so he cannot get the satisfaction of the applause.
Speaker 6: Why cannot give him credit?
Speaker 4: If they weren't bad this year, they don't get in the lottery and they don't win.
Speaker 7: Cooper Flag, but a one point eight percent chance. Now, I think there's another layer too, where they moved to Vegas and Lebron's an owner. It was all one big conspiracy, one big organized ring here for Lebron to own the Vegas team and have the young star in the league.
Speaker 4: But in the end, if I told you you can have either Luca for the next seven years or Anthony Davis and Cooper Flag, wouldn't you.
Speaker 6: Take Anthony Davis and Cooper.
Speaker 2: Flagle me ticket and out of shape Luca or the flagging Davis.
Speaker 6: I'm taking him.
Speaker 7: I think you're gonna take it too. I'm just saying you can't give Nico credit for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, Luca in five years is gonna have the body of like a ninety year old man if he keeps eating and smoking like he is. I mean, I think you'd rather have h I think you'd rather have.
Speaker 7: Another layer to the conspiracy is that Luca's stock his way down and they can resign him at a much cheaper price and have Cooper Flag Luca and ad.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but they need the like the Lakers have got to have a marquee play young So well, I don't know. I will say Cooper Flag going to Dallas, like of all the most ridiculous outcomes, that's the one because he.
Speaker 6: Even he was shocked.
Speaker 4: He gets rewarded. But but it's say they don't make that franchise.
Speaker 7: To where people still don't forget Kyrie Davis with two dookies.
Speaker 6: That's right. And then we have PJ.
Speaker 4: Washington there too there as well. Thank you folks very much, Thank of you that came. Thanks our guys here from Augusta as well. See you at trivia tonight at Evan and Ryan. That's a great picture of you with that fish. This is Man Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 12: H