Speaker 1: Welcome everybody.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR pre Show, Wednesday, April thirtieth, Shannon the Dude being enjoined by Billy Religion. You can give us a call on the Clarks Popping Shop fuld line eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven be or a whiskey Thief Call of the Day. You can also send us a text at five O two two sixty five six six five six KSR pre Show being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Donning in Lexington. We're at the midway point of Derby Week. Billy yesterday was five oh Tuesday and I saw what they're calling Wednesday. I was asking you yesterday, okay, get you got Fabo. Tuesday you got Thirby, which is such a terrible name. Tomorrow they're calling today Wednesday. Do you like that when Wednesday?
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately I get what they're going for for the punns, but it feels a little forced, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: I mean no, I mean so does Thirby like? What is that? Yeah? It's been horrible.
Speaker 3: Derby used to be the day for the little villions, right and now that's even been backed up to maybe even opening night.
Speaker 1: Of Derby Week, but.
Speaker 3: Glad to be with you again, Shannon looks like rain as e Or might say, if you ever watched Winnie the Pooh, might be a wet Derby Day, Shannon, But you know, you go to Derby Day, you could see all four seasons sometimes, so I think he ought to expect rain a little bit. But we're we're inching closer to that day, aren't Weah.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got the Derby festivities going on all week long. OVW tomorrow will be live at Waterfront Park for anybody who wants to come out watch some wrestling. All you have to do is bring your Pegasus pen to get in. That's your admission for Waterfront Park. Hopefully the rain's going to hold off. As of right now, it's still a go, still planning on doing it. And it's our live TV show too, So what could possibly go wrong on live TV when you take all the equipment down and it starts a downpour? So that ought to be interesting to say the least.
Speaker 1: When is that? By the way, when is the OVW tomorrow? Tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing our normal live Thursday show from Waterfront Park with a fifty chance of rain.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I always look forward to these festivities, rain or shine. I saw the Bella Louisville scratch from the Great Steamboat Race.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa wha, wha, wha, wha wha what that's breaking news. What I was about to talk about. That was actually my next thing I had on live was the Great Steamboat Race, which is today at four point thirty. You're telling me the Bello Lovel is scratched.
Speaker 1: It's done. Why ropping out? What happened?
Speaker 3: Well, uh, I'm not sure. I just saw the headline when I looked it up, Shannon, So did you actually read the article?
Speaker 1: Do you know what actually happened to No?
Speaker 2: I didn't read the article. I didn't know there was an article. I thought that the race for the Golden Antlers was still on and everything was good. You're telling me it is. What's not? It's not. If the Bello lovel is out.
Speaker 3: Of it, it looks like a sister ship will be taking its place.
Speaker 1: So while you won't have the Bello Louisville, you'll.
Speaker 2: Still be able to watch this rigged race, hin you watch your mouth?
Speaker 1: Rig rigged? It's fake.
Speaker 2: Don't say the four letter F words.
Speaker 3: Do you remember a couple of years yars ago, and was it one of the boats won and they were just like, oh, we're just going to give it to the other one.
Speaker 2: So I don't remember that, Oh yeah, oh yeah, I remember, I do now because it was cheating.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't. I don't remember what he was doing, why he was cheating.
Speaker 2: The Cincinnati bell or the Delta Queen, whatever ship it was, was cheating and they gave it to the bell A Lobol. You can't be cheating. Yeah, it's a race of integrity.
Speaker 1: You can't be cheating, and you cheating a race between glaciers.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so that's today then, Shannon, I guess it'll go on as planned, so hopefully everybody can enjoy that.
Speaker 1: Shannon.
Speaker 3: You say that you learn something new every day, right, that's when yesterday.
Speaker 2: Is what they say. I don't say that. Somebody said that one time, and now everybody repeats it. Well, yeah, now we have to repeat it. I feel like I learned something new every day. Yesterday I learned that the old Gray Mayor ain't what it used to be.
Speaker 1: How have you heard that? So you never heard it? Not once?
Speaker 2: But you and right acted like it was a cult classic, like it was something that everybody knew. The song the old Gray Mayor, she ain't what she used to be. I mean you didn't have that at all. I guess when you were growing up it was Baby Shark. No, I didn't have the record player.
Speaker 1: In the vinyl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have the UK Baseball Baby Shark, which if you go to a game you will hear that maybe forty times before the game's over.
Speaker 1: But you're telling me this was a song that everybody knew. This was an old.
Speaker 2: Song that I felt like anybody would know that song. And madd act like, what, I've never heard this before? I mean, how have you never heard that song before? It's like, say, I've never heard hey, Jude.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the Beatles are a little bit bigger than the Old Gray Mayor Shannon.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just getting into the horse game a little bit. So let me let me catch up on the traditions.
Speaker 2: Right, you're page. You're not a horse owner like I am. You need to catch up a little bit young sports. I'm a journalist. I'm unbiased.
Speaker 3: You are not going to find me in a simply joking hat or or you'll find me in the Winter Circle though. Regardless Shannon, with a media credential. But I guess you're still getting I did it for the chance to win a little bit of.
Speaker 1: Money on the yolks.
Speaker 2: I am right, Yeah, I mean I don't know what I win. I have no idea what's in it for me?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: I think that I own two steaks or No, maybe I shouldn't say stakes. You shouldn't say stakes when you're talking about any animal. Uh, two shares? Can we put it like that?
Speaker 1: Two shares? Micro shares?
Speaker 3: Two micro shares of a horse. Did you decide what part of the horse you want?
Speaker 1: I want? Yeah, I want the ass in, I want the rope, give me the rump. Okay, you know why? Did I know you're gonna say.
Speaker 2: A little ingrown hair on the rump? The hairs on the red I own that, yeah, don't touch it.
Speaker 3: Well, it is an interesting concept. We've seen some fans win in the past and be like an owner for a day. Now, as long as you don't start acting like the owners on the Race for the Crown, Shannon, I don't know if you've turned that on yet, But those guys, you know I'm not gonna say the words that Ryan Lemon uses on KSR.
Speaker 1: But that would that would apply for.
Speaker 3: These own some of these owners as they get ready for the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: So don't start big time. And I'm just saying, you know, I've been working out. I feel like I could put my suit on and not have a shirt, not have a shirt on underneath, just walk in, you know, some gold chains maybe and a shirtless suit.
Speaker 3: Look, they had to two and a half pound dumb pells at the at the weight room for you, Shannon, So I'm glad that you're using them. And are you gonna make it to the track at all this week or is it something you kind of avoid cause some people that have been there have done that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, as a horse owner, I feel like I should be there, but I probably won't. I probably won't make it there. Yeah, but if simply joking ends up winning, I'm gonna have to, you know, make a trip down to Churchhill and go in the winter circle and join the party.
Speaker 3: Oh afterwards, So you're gonna wait till see if the horse wins and then you'll.
Speaker 2: Go to them, Billy, I'm too nervous as a horse owner I'm simply joking.
Speaker 1: I'm too nervous to be there.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of like Matt Jones and the NCAA tournament, like I don't you know, like I'm in the city, but I don't want to go to watch it because I'll go to like to a hotel lobby and maybe launch the race.
Speaker 1: That's what I'll do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, you know a lot of people watch the races at church Downs on a TV, and I feel like the first couple of times I went there, I was like, that kind of defeats the purpose. You're at the track, go watch the actual horses race. But Shannon, maybe you want to beat a little traffic after the Kentucky Derby and you're waiting near the exit, or maybe you're passed out in the infield and you can't see the track. There's some instances where you're going to be able to have to watch a TV or that massive screen on the infield.
Speaker 2: So I'll tell you what, if I did go, I would definitely be bringing my own drinks. Did we go through the full list yesterday? I know we mentioned the mint jewle it was twenty two dollars. Did we go through the full menu though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for the most part.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you mention that a bottle of water the most eyebucks, the most abundant resource on the planet is five dollars At Churchill Downs, maybe you want one of those little skinny red bull drinks, you know, little tiny yeah, how which is a red little shot of energy? Six dollars. What if they take out the sugar, you go sugar free? Certainly you get a discount, right.
Speaker 1: Less if it's less things in my drink?
Speaker 2: Still six dollars doesn't matter. The domestic beer, nothing crazy, nothing fancy, just a Cores light, Miller Light, bud Light, thirteen dollars.
Speaker 3: Now, are we talking twelve ounces here or is this kind of like the bigger.
Speaker 2: One play thing? You think you're gonna get a twenty four ounce beer for thirteen dollars at Churchill Downs?
Speaker 1: Now it'll probably be twenty twenty four. Yeah, premium beer.
Speaker 2: So let's say you want to go fancy, you want to I don't know what a mick ultra. Is it a premium beer? I think it is?
Speaker 1: Is not? No, it's not. No. I think they list those as premium beers.
Speaker 2: No, a water down there and telling you pium No When you go to the concert, though, and you ask for a premium beer, on the list is a mic Ultra. They consider that a premium beer. I get hydrated off mick Ultras. What are you talking about beers? I'm with you, but I'm just telling you it's going to be an extra dollar for that.
Speaker 1: For maybe that's like a stella or twah maybe, but keep going. What else you? How about a white claw?
Speaker 2: I know there's what of I mean, I'm more of a corn bread hemp hard saltz drinker. But if you wanted a white claw, that would also be fourteen dollars. Now, let's say you're gonna be out there on Friday and you're gonna be drinking one of those pink, sugary water down Oaks Lilies.
Speaker 1: Yes, those are good.
Speaker 2: I only gonna set you back twenty two, only twenty two dollars. Like, did they have no shame at Churchill Downs to charge twenty two dollars for an Oaks lily or a mint jewlip, which is, as I pointed out yesterday, the most disgusting drink ever created. Twenty two dollars for one of these. I mean, that's that's ridiculous, right, I mean they go up every year. It was like twenty last year. Now it's twenty two.
Speaker 1: You're going to win racer, right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Better win a couple of races so those don't do a ton of damage to the wallet. I'll never forget. I was standing at the Kentucky State Fair doing a remote with you, Shannon, and the direct deposit hit for twenty two dollars, So you know what that's. That's the whole paychecks if you're just trying to buy a drink at the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 1: But you also said bottles of water are five dollars. That seems it's like a lot.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, can we not offer that at at a discounted rate? Even Dasani water. You're you're one that doesn't throw away endorsements. I'll throw in here, Dasani water sucks.
Speaker 1: But you know what.
Speaker 2: Wait now, I mean for Toca Cola company doesn't know how to make water.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is, but it's like, I'd rather drink tap water. I drink hose water, Shannon, before I'm gonna drink the Dasani.
Speaker 1: But it's the seven dollars.
Speaker 2: It's the Sani filtered water or what is it? I mean, I feel like it kind of is just water out of the sink at a bottle. You're paying for the waters.
Speaker 1: That minerals in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, so you're really you're not really paying five dollars for the water, You're paying five dollars for the plastic bottle that holds it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they and it's supplying demand, right, they know they got you. Yeah. You know, if you're gonna go find.
Speaker 3: The two water fountains on the entire track, then more power to you. But most people are going to just splurge and buy that five dollars, right.
Speaker 2: I've been to the Derby one time. It was back when I was in college at the time. I don't know what it is now. I'm sure it's a lot, probably doubled the price what it was when I was in college. But it was seventy five dollars to go into the infield. Okay, and went in there, didn't see a single race. But you know what, that's the thing. If you go to the part, you're going for the party, right, and you're not going there necessarily to see a horse race anyway. If you're going to the infield and I remember taking in a couple of drinks. You know, especially in college, who could afford a twenty dollars drinking cock barely afford one now, who could afford a twenty dollars drink in college? So you just find a way to sneak it in with a flask or you know those little little plastic key looking containers that you can that are flat, but then you fill them up and they kind of expand like a wild balloon.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's there's several different methods sneaking a little alcohol into you know, thunder over Louisville where you had to have that Pegasus pin to get into that front lawn area to get that prime real estate in Louisville. I was using sunscreen bottles and filling it, putting maybe a couple things in the sunscreen bottles. Oh really, okay, Yeah, so you know there's a couple of methods. There's definitely some things. Maybe my vodka had a little taste of sunscreen in it as well later that day.
Speaker 2: But it's good for you. Your tongue didn't get sunburned, yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly, even though I'm just burnt as a crispil right now now. Did anybody throw you down into the mud on your first of Derby years ago?
Speaker 2: No mess was making you up?
Speaker 1: No for Ryan dirty dancing moment.
Speaker 2: It is funny. He does seem to get upset about that that clip being shared, but you know what, look my guy, Ryan, he loves to share pictures of me and my worst moments and the ovw ring. He loves sharing those. So just remember Ryan, he always got this clip. The Internet doesn't forget the clip of you getting thrown in the mud on Derby Day and it will be tweeted out for the rest of eternity on Derby Week.
Speaker 3: Now BBN's the best and somebody recommended we do a don't f with Kat's investigation to try to find that guy. And then on KSR, the first segment was how do we find this guy that threw Ryan but.
Speaker 1: Shannon twenty thirty forty years ago?
Speaker 3: It's it's it's gonna be a little tough to still recognize the person.
Speaker 1: It's going to.
Speaker 2: Unsolve mystery, it really is. I think we need to get to the bottom of it. I mean, if there's any fan base that could figure out what was it, is it thirty years ago?
Speaker 1: How many years ago?
Speaker 4: Was that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you think we said like nineties, so I'm gonna guess we'll go five ninety six something like that.
Speaker 1: But I think that we did come up with a name. We have a name.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we announced the first name, but we didn't say the last thing because we do, you know, we want to be sure. We want to make sure we get our sources right before we start accusing anybody of throwing Ryan into somebody on the Derby thirty years ago. We don't want to throw anybody's name and disparage them. But we got to lead, as the detectives would put it, we got a lead on who we think it could be. So I think we need to just interrogate him now and uh, we'll get to the bottom of this because we need justice for Ryan and we need to call TJ to make them pay.
Speaker 1: Oh TJ get involved out of this. Yeah, that's right. I just I would love to know kind of what was going on. What was the scene. I don't know if Ryan will ever give those.
Speaker 2: DTAs talk about the scene. Was he was there doing a broadcast and a drunk guy came up and picked him up, throw him in the mud puddle, way.
Speaker 3: It was drunk guy ain't picking me up, no matter if he's drunk or sober. Shannon, like, this is happening, like you're gonna get across to the face.
Speaker 1: Don't touch me, please, buddy, back it up?
Speaker 2: Working out too, spaghetti noodle, bicep Okay, Yeah, come on now, I take back what I said that one hundred billies could beat up one gorilla because looking.
Speaker 1: At those right, no way, there are no charging it. At the same time, I mean like we were getting by the way.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you were, but getting tagged all day yesterday on comments of this could one hundred human beings what beat up one gorilla in a fight? And people were calling us crazy for saying that we have one hundred human beings could beat up one gorilla. I don't understand it. Again, it's one gorilla. It's one hundred humans. We could take them down. I don't I don't know why it's still a debate.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I I had the same response as we agreed on the show. Most people that chimed in, maybe podcast listeners completely disagree Shannon. So is there is there something we're missing here? Y'all are out of your minds?
Speaker 1: If you think a gorilla wouldn't rich a part one hundred humans.
Speaker 2: Chance one on one? Sure, But again we're talking about we're putting them all in a cage, one hundred people at one gorilla. We're not going one on one. Like yeah, if you said one on one a gorilla versus one hundred people, gorilla could take out one hundred people one on one all day. But we're talking about we're gonna we're gonna team up on this gorilla. Like I'm gonna fight dirty, That's what I'm saying. Like, if I'm going in there against the gorilla, there's gonna be an eyepoke, there's gonna be a kick to the crotch, basically all the moves I would you, But yes, like I'm gonna take the OVW strategy. I'm gonna be the dirtiest fighter in the cage and we're gonna take down the gorilla. I don't know why it's still a debate, but people love to talk about this, and it's been going on now for three days.
Speaker 3: I think the more accurate picture would be one hundred chain of the dude's circling the gorilla enclosure and just saying all the stuff that you're going to do, maybe even cheating and throwing sand into the gorilla eyes.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not gonna be a clean fight. I'm gonna fight dirty, That's what I do. I'm gonna go behind it, get little clip, you know, behind the leg, take them down.
Speaker 3: And look, it's one hundred humans versus gorilla. We're throwing our best fighters out there. Okay, it's not one hundred billiard sports going out there. It's it's one hundred John Bones Jones.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like this is these are professionals that know what they're doing and can take a hit more than two Bemosa Billy. So I think there is a definite chance for the one hundred to overwhelm. But I just love I have a platform that we can talk about this show. Ye is that not what this show is. It's at its best. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And speaking of ridiculous, Joe Lenardi already has his uh bracketology for next year.
Speaker 1: What else is he gonna do? He's gotta work, I'll tell you where.
Speaker 2: Joe Lenardi already has the Kentucky basketball team on the latest bracketology for November, which is how many months, seven months away from now, six months away from now. We'll talk about that and a whole lot more ridiculousness, and we'll take your calls as well. Eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. It is the KSR pre Show. All right, welcome back.
Speaker 1: It is the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 2: Billy you said that people were giving a US crap because we didn't know that Bello Lovell had a leak in it.
Speaker 3: Well, somebody said on the text line five oh two two sixty five sixty six fives fixed.
Speaker 4: You are?
Speaker 1: You all are easily the least informed sports show on radio. Thank you.
Speaker 3: And I had to ask him to clarify if he was talking about us not knowing about the steamboat race or if this was off of the Gorilla conversation and he thinks that we're idiots as well. But uh, I did get some news about the Belle of Louisville having a leak in its fuel tank, so oh okay.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're right, we are very uninformed. I'm sorry I do not get the update on the status of the Bell of Losoll on my morning news. How do you not know, yea, that the bell of Vova had a leak in one of its fuel holding tanks. Correct, man, we are ill informed. We don't know what's going on with the bell God, Billy, what why'd you? Why did you make us look like idiots not knowing about the Bello Lovell having a leak in it?
Speaker 3: Shane, how did you not know? I mean that it's the Mary Miller you're so will be replacing the bella lover?
Speaker 2: I mean so uninformed? Like why do I have to do the show with you? You don't even know what's going on on.
Speaker 1: The old Grade mayor ain't what it used to be. People were ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things I didn't know on like Instagram and on Facebook. Do you know, like when you go to your messenger, there's also like a secondary inbox of message requests where.
Speaker 1: People have been sending me messages.
Speaker 2: Literally for years, Billy, and I'm just now getting around to like seeing them. So like one.
Speaker 1: Person, you didn't know this existed?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't know. I didn't know I had a separate inbox that you know people have been sending me Like, Hey, can I hear some Metallica on the Afternoon Show from.
Speaker 1: Three years ago? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'll get around to planet this afternoon for you.
Speaker 3: So literally everybody that you don't follow has goes into that category when they message you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that.
Speaker 2: Means Shannon, the dude who has seventeen thousand follow followers on Instagram and only follows one hundred and twenty one people, can only get messages from those one hundred and twenty one people. If you didn't know that, no, no, no, no, I know there's like the request but I mean like if you go deeper into that, there's there's like the general then there's the request box. Then if you go all the way to the bottom of that request box, there's like additional like email folder. Do you know I have a hidden see matbe you don't know about that. That's what I'm talking about, the hidden request.
Speaker 1: Oh, these are all the bots.
Speaker 2: And well anyway, not always though you got a good message. Well this was from like a year ago. It's from Jane. She says, Hi, Shannon, whatever happened to your sound drops on KSR? Haven't heard any in ages. Your timing always makes me laugh. Also, enjoy your pre show with Billy Go Big Blue in Phoenix, Arizona. So hello, Jane, Even though you wrote that like a year ago. To answer your question, I still use the sound bites every now and then, but we're not in the same studio anymore, Like the guys are always at ks Bar, So it's a little bit more difficult to, you know, play a drop because if I play I drop, them ended up playing it over top of them talking, and they just talk over it and nobody hears anything, and it just it just sounds messy on the air. But you know, back in the day, Matt and I, most of the time I'm run the same studio in Louisville. I can look through a piece of glass and see him. I can make eye contact and kind of let him know when I'm going to play a drop. But now that he is at ks Bar every day, I don't really you don't have that same chemistry on the air, So it's a little the timing gets thrown off when you don't have somebody there with you.
Speaker 3: But the drops are really good, and I don't think it matters the situation.
Speaker 1: Like the Jobe Hall, you probably have a hearing loss.
Speaker 3: I mean every time you play that or get you a shaw in there, boy, Yeah, get you a hog in there, boy, And so you should do the Matt Jones, I own it for the horse. As somebody has said on the text.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: I guess I could do that for me too, and for Drew and for and for Ryan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I'll keep that in to it, Shannon.
Speaker 3: Another thing for you to do during this exactly, I have a message request?
Speaker 1: You want me to read it?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hi, okay, so this is random af but my bff is way too shy to text you, so I'm doing it for her.
Speaker 1: Lol. Here's her ig. Wait is that is that? Is that a bot? Or is that that is a message request?
Speaker 2: How long ago was that?
Speaker 1: Four days ago? Oh? Okay, Well you.
Speaker 2: Can still respond then if you weren't, you know, about to get married. Yeah, I mean you can make a little connection and you're face little taken. But this, at this Instagram account with no profile picture is is probably a pump promising lead. Sure, okay, all right, so I'm just saying you got a whole other I get, I got a whole thing. I need to check a bunch of messages. You didn't even know about. Derby wickets here, of course, who will rise above the rest to be crowned the king?
Speaker 1: Of the track.
Speaker 2: You can find out on the DK horse app, the number one download it horse betting app and head to the DK horse app right now. Opt in bet five dollars or more on a horse to win the derby. If your pit crosses the finish line first, you're gonna win your share of one million dollars in the prize pool. So you can download it with promo code KSR horse as a new customer.
Speaker 1: You bet that five dollars your horse.
Speaker 2: Wins, you get into the pool and you get your share of one million dollars only with KSR horse. On DraftKings gambling problem call on a hundred gambler eight plus twenty one plus in certain states to open owner access an account and advance deposit wagering account and resident of a state where DK horse is available, Eligibility restricts apply.
Speaker 1: Void will prohibit it. Opt in in place a five dollars or more straight bet win on the derby.
Speaker 2: First eligible bet only must win to share one million dollars cash reward. Be a click to claim expires in thirty days, ends May third terms at dkhorse dot com. Slash bet slash offer slash details We're gonna take a break, be right back.
Speaker 1: It is the ksrpre Show.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR pre Show eight five, nine, two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven. We got some open lines if you want to give us a shout. Shannon the Dude and Billy Rutledge. Billy will be in studio with me tomorrow here in Louisville to celebrate his thirtieth birthday. Yeah, looking board to that, Billy, your last day as somebody in their twenties? How does it feel? Are you feeling old yet?
Speaker 1: You're back? Cramp? It awful?
Speaker 3: I've been in denial for a year, so this isn't like an overwhelming sense of new emotions, but the dread has been there for a while. But you know what, Shannon, I think if if people at there, older people or even yourself, Shannon would give up a lot to be in my shoes again and to be that young.
Speaker 1: So I gotta take it for granted. You know I can't take it for granted.
Speaker 2: I should say, yeah, all right, well we'll look forward to you being in here too.
Speaker 1: We can't even do it in the same studio. No, is that what you're telling me tomorrow? Well?
Speaker 2: I mean again, how long have we gone without a producer for this show. We don't have a producer. I'm in the production room. Yeah, so I mean there is another microphone right here next to me. In theory, you and I could stand in this five y five room, this closet that I'm in, and you could do the show here with me in person.
Speaker 1: But yeah, otherwise, yeah, look.
Speaker 3: Into my eyes and give me a take about Joe Lonardi's bracketology.
Speaker 2: Please brush your teeth tomorrow morning. We're gonna be really close. But yeah, we could do that tomorrow. So yeah, speaking of Joe Lonardi, his this is so ridiculous it's really not even worth mentioning, but I'm going to mention it anyway. He's got Kentucky as a two seed for next year, and Mark Pope, I don't even know does he does Mark Pope even have have his complete roster together yet. He said he would come on KSR when he had to complete it. But it looks like he may be trying to add one more to the roster of Phil Travis Perry's position. And the name that's being thrown around is you'ren't have to help me with this one, divine you go. Chuck wu from Miami. Do you know this name?
Speaker 1: You know I do, but I'm not going to attempt it. I think you got it. You go, Chuck Wu.
Speaker 3: But like you got to know your son's destined for greatness or he better be if you name him divine. I mean, you have got to You can't be a benchwarmer or left out when you're playing baseball.
Speaker 1: You need to be one of the better players.
Speaker 3: But John Rostein, the CBS Sports Basketball Insider, just announced that Mark Pope is going to be on his show on his podcast at three pm later today. You know, Matt said Pope is going to join KSR at some point, but when the roster is finished. So I don't know if this is a nod to that, But Shannon, I think they're if they're not looking for one more. I think they've got to be pretty happy about the roster editions that they've had. But what is Lenardi basing this off of the rosters are not complete?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess whatever the team has from the transfer portal incoming freshmen, what they're returning. Yeah, it's it's it's humorous that he even puts out. You know, how far removed are we from last basketball season? Just a few weeks and he's already, you know, putting out Kentucky has a two seed for next year, which means absolutely nothing.
Speaker 3: I tried to find an older, way too early bracketology from Lenardi. I couldn't find the one from last year, but I found some top twenty five rankings that were posted in September of twenty twenty four, and the number.
Speaker 1: One team was Kansas.
Speaker 3: Shannon Kansas and the look back and think about how bad of a season that they had. So, you know, as much as Cameron Mills can pontificate about things, one thing he does have right his preseason rankings are a joke. It's just a talking point for us to hype up things that we don't know about, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I mean, right now, you're happy with the roster. I'm happy with it. I think those people are. I think you know, Matt was asking yesterday, do they have a final four roster or final four team?
Speaker 1: I think they've Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I think they've got a team that's good enough to compete for that. But then again, you say, okay, final four roster, what does that even mean? I mean, if you look back years ago when VCU or George Mason or Loyol Chicago made the Final Four. When anybody before the season start go yeah, VCU's got a Final four roster this year. No, you never know. So that's the great thing about the tournament. It doesn't matter. You could have the best talent on the team, doesn't necessarily mean you've got a Final four team. So does this team have, by the numbers, the talent, Yeah, but is it a Final four roster? I can't say that.
Speaker 3: And look, your roster is going to look a lot different in April of May, in May than it is in March the next season. I mean, you've got to think of injuries. You know, there's a lot of you know, luck that's involved with this as well. And so I mean, hell, we've seen Kentucky gets get players out eligible midway through the year. Shannon, the Mysterious Transcripts has arrived, and now a guy like big Z can play, or maybe Shadon Sharp decides he's just not gonna play.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of moving parts.
Speaker 3: But you know, getting guys from other SEC schools has been I think the biggest eye opening thing for me, Shannon, because they're they had great seasons before in their roles and now they can come to Kentucky and expand on a.
Speaker 1: Five, nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Let's go to forty forty forty. Hey, what's up, lady?
Speaker 4: How'd you tell y'all talk about mickel Ow?
Speaker 2: Boss? Call you to Mimosa Bailey Man, I makes you drink?
Speaker 1: You caught a roar.
Speaker 4: Now if you drank six of them things, you'd be drunker and hail si.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're probably right, but you can't tell me that's a premium beer.
Speaker 1: Forty I agree with you. I'm a middle lot guy myself.
Speaker 5: Anyway, how'd you guys coming on bro next week?
Speaker 1: Ain't truth to that? That's true.
Speaker 3: We'll be at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center in Owensboro next Friday.
Speaker 5: Sweit you guys there.
Speaker 1: All right? Forty all right, thank you forty appreciate it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, you're acting like being a lightweight. It's a bad thing, Shannon. Now that's very yeah, very cost effective exactly. I mean, who, yeah, nobody's getting drunk at Churchill downs this week because who the hell could afford to?
Speaker 3: Well me because I could get one drink and I'd be fine. Yeah, Now it's Mario that you know, drinks of margarita. He's got the menu upside down. He's leaving drinks on the table. I mean that we got to clean that up.
Speaker 2: Speaking of our guy, Mario, he came in here yesterday and he did the Read my Lips game. If you haven't seen that yet, it's out on social media Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. At Shannon, you were struggling.
Speaker 1: I was struggling, man, that is.
Speaker 2: I told him from the beginning, I'm going to be really, really, really bad at this game. So if you haven't seen it yet, Like Billy, if you and I were playing, you would write down five either phrases or names, anything related to KSR or Kentucky Sports, and you put on these noise canceling headphones and it's got like white noise in your ears, so you can't hear anything. You got to try to read the lips of the per next to you and what they're saying. I was really bad at it, although I did get I did get a few, but I was really really bad at it. Again, I didn't get any of them on the very first try.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a good video. Mario is great with these ideas. Ryan and Drew did it as well. I'm supposed to do it with Matt this week at some point. So how do you think that's going to go. He's gonna be screaming at you for not getting them right.
Speaker 1: At least I won't be able to hear it. That's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can just ignore.
Speaker 1: It, keep screaming. Yeah, yeah, I can't hear it.
Speaker 2: But but good luck, man. It's fun to play, but it is not easy at allah.
Speaker 1: I'm a little worried about it.
Speaker 3: You know, there's some people out there that are so good at reading lips, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could just show them.
Speaker 3: A video of a singer out of concert saying somebody to something in the crowd, and they can be able to recite it back to you.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Like I always see in baseball, right, Yeah, when a pitcher is talking to the catcher, he's always got that.
Speaker 1: Glove over his mouth.
Speaker 2: Or like in the NFL, when a coach is calling a play, they've always got the play sheet over their mouth. You could yell it out loud, and as long as I couldn't hear it, I couldn't read your lips anyway, So I don't know what you would be saying it wouldn't even like I guess there's professional lip readers out there that maybe teams have. Oh yeah, but yeah, I think so yeah. But I wouldn't be me. I wouldn't be able to get it.
Speaker 3: You tell me the Dodgers, with their payroll, didn't have one guy trying to read lips of the opposing team. I think so yeah, And I kind of love that part of baseball is that there is an art to like stealing signs, right if there's a runner on second. I mean it's they have a communication between the runner and the batter and trying to tell them what pitch is going to be thrown. Now, it's when you're the astros and you start using you know, technology and trash cans and out of the element of the game where you know, you start to soil it a little bit.
Speaker 2: But that is the beauty of baseball. And by the way, Western Kentucky getting a big.
Speaker 1: Win they did.
Speaker 2: They won six to four over the catch yesterday, So I know you were happy about that for your.
Speaker 1: Your alma mater, your Hilltoppers.
Speaker 2: You know, it didn't hurt Kentucky as far as their chances to get into the tournament, but you know, not a not a great loss.
Speaker 1: They're at the both teams midweek.
Speaker 3: Both teams hopefully make some noise in the postseason this year. Western's already got I think thirty or thirty one wins, so best of luck to them moving forward. But Kentucky is they've got some sec games ahead, and like you said, take care of business of that and you'll be in a fine position.
Speaker 2: One more thing on baseball. Yeah, how bad are the Colorado Rockies?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: They are four and twenty five now, tied for the worst start in the first twenty nine games in Major League Baseball history.
Speaker 1: That's worst.
Speaker 2: That's tied for worst ever, tied for worst ever in the first I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess they have stats for everything.
Speaker 2: Twenty nine games seems to be sort of a weird number to use, but the worst often equally the worst start in Major League Baseball history. And they've been playing the Braves. They are really really bad. So I think they're on pace to win. I saw it the other day. They were on pace to win twenty eight games all year long.
Speaker 1: Now, how many did the White Sox have? Not many? Like forty? Because I felt like that was a record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were like forty and one twenty two or something like that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But the Rockies are on pace to win twenty eight games the entire season, and you know what, I kind of hope it happens. I kind of hope it does. Like when you thought that the White Sox had was gonna be the worst time, worst team you've ever seen in your lifetime, here come the Rockies.
Speaker 3: This year, the eighteen ninety eight Cleveland Spiders lost one hundred and thirty four games.
Speaker 1: Shannon one and thirty. If do you even have a team?
Speaker 2: If you like, I feel like we could put together a KSR team and well, maybe not the major league level, but come on, man, one hundred and thirty four losses, what.
Speaker 1: Are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm the irrationally confident guy that thinks he can get a foul tip off one hundred miles per hour pitch. But I've seen Ryan Lemon go yard, steal bases, run the.
Speaker 1: Bases at little league fields. He'd have to be our ringer.
Speaker 2: I think you've seen him go yard at a softball game, though not in a baseball game.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then there was also controversy around that too forty one and one hundred and twenty one in twenty twenty four for.
Speaker 1: The White Sox.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, that's incredible, and the Rockies gunning for that record.
Speaker 1: John Shorts up next.
Speaker 2: Hey John, what's up?
Speaker 4: That's Americans?
Speaker 2: You're a great American, not a.
Speaker 4: Great gang yesterday, even though he had two rain delay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I blame the rain delay.
Speaker 1: That's what it was.
Speaker 2: Threw us off our threw our mojo off, John, That's what happened.
Speaker 4: I know we won't see me, see me safe and playing tukey Derby. You can take it all, take a train and take it robit and take everything.
Speaker 1: Stug you everything.
Speaker 2: And more importantly, John, I bet you know the song the old Gray Marror. She ain't what she used to be.
Speaker 1: You know that song?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had to heard that song. It's a good yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 1: You do you have to do?
Speaker 4: You have a Derby? Don't have a dairy pig. I do hope that bill has a let's say, a birthday tomorrow. I hope he does.
Speaker 2: Yep, billys have a birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yep, Yep. We'll give him some cake yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And they're been to the Derby and they're ment to Derby.
Speaker 2: Well do you want to go to the Derby?
Speaker 4: Well, well thanks, soy, that'd be too crammed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be pretty easy.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't have tickets, but I am, you know, an owner of a horse running in the oak.
Speaker 1: So I feel like they might have some poll to get you in there. John, I might go to get.
Speaker 4: You, probably do. Probably you're el eight.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: All right, John, we'll have a good one. Good to talk to you. And uh, you're a great American. Yep, all right, there you go, John Short.
Speaker 3: I would love to see a horse called Great American one day.
Speaker 1: Does there not already been one? I feel like that's maybe so.
Speaker 3: But you know I love that we honor things at ks Bar and grill right, like the Great American Burger, which I don't think has anything on it besides ketchup the way John likes it.
Speaker 1: Yep, you know, chili Gillespie.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a couple of things on the on the menu you can find which I think they'll they'll be changing soon.
Speaker 2: And if you're looking for a great bourbon, let me recommend to you Soak Velvet Whiskey, historic brand revive first craft it back in eighteen eighty and Henderson, Kentucky, now brought back by the Hargas family over a century later, hand selected single barrels and each bottle comes from a unique barrel personally selected by the team for its rich character and standout flavor. And it's available online at Silk Vevet Whiskey dot com. They've also got an entire spreadsheet of places that you can find it. Just follow them on social media. Silk Velvet Whiskey and distribution continues to grow, so keep an eye out for it. Handpicked by award winning master distiller Jacob Call and this isn't your average bottle of bourbon, over a century in the making, bold smooth and unapologetically Kentucky. You won't find any gimmicks here, just real honest bourbon with heritage and every drop handcraft it, hand selected and made to be enjoyed. It would be great for your Derby party coming up this week, so sip some Silk Velvet Whiskey. Check them out Silk Vevet Whiskey dot com. We're gonna take a break, come right back with our final segment to have the ksrpre Show.
Speaker 1: Final segment of the KSR pre show. We're going to test.
Speaker 2: Billy's loyalty in just a minute. Before we do that, you were telling me what happened? Now?
Speaker 1: What has Bill Belichick's very young girlfriend done? Now?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: Jordan Hudson has tweeted five times in six years, but ever since the CBS interview has come out, she has been retweeting supporting comments online, and one of the tweets that she retweeted the other day was Bill looks like he wants to reach across and strangle the life out of the interviewer. I kind of wish he did, and Jordan Hudson retweeted that tweet on her Twitter account.
Speaker 2: I didn't, okay, unless there's something I'm not seeing. I didn't think that any of the questions were out of bounds at all. I mean, I thought he was, like, you know, even when he asked about the relationship, he did it in a very nice, friendly way. It wasn't like he was, you know, trying to be fair, you know, like he wasn't trying to gotcha, yeah, I got youa yes. It wasn't like that in that tone. So I don't know, man, that whole situation is just really really strong.
Speaker 1: No, he was very playful about the whole thing.
Speaker 3: And now there's rumors that Bill Belichick never knew that those photos were ever posted on social media. Shannon so when he was asked that he really didn't know. But who knows. But this is the most fascinating story in sports R.
Speaker 2: Some other people tweeting in noting that at rapp Arena they charged five dollars for water.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know. I think that's shameful. Five dollars for a bottle of water? Are you gonna go? Huh? You can't leave the arena, so, I mean, unless you find a water fountain.
Speaker 2: Speaking of gotcha, they do gotcha?
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna need some five dollars water to wash down that salty popcorn. Let's take one call real quick. Let's go to Anthony. What's up, Anthony?
Speaker 1: Hey Anthony, Hey, good morning guys.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's kind of interesting that you brought up the Colorado Rockies. I used to live in Colorado. I live in Harrison County now, but last year I made a ton of money between the Rockies and the White Sox, and this year I have bent every single game on the Rockies and I've won twenty nine times.
Speaker 2: Wow, so you're rocking up. Then that's smart move. Bet against the Rockies. You're gonna win.
Speaker 5: I don't think. I don't bet a lot because the juice is quite a bit on the favorite. But it's amazing every single game. I have bet something on these games, a little bit more on depending on who they're playing and what the juice is. But I'm gonna keep with it. And when you brought that up, I was like, Wow, that's crazy. I just want a ton of money on the suite with the Reds and uh, it's exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I wish you continued luck. Thank Anthony.
Speaker 2: Betting on whichever team plays the Rockies, and you can bet on DraftKings promo code KSR or with DK horse. It's the DK horse app we're promoting this week. So get on DK horse. Bet the ponies. You opt in, you bet five dollars. If your horse wins the derby, you're gonna win your share of one million dollars in the prize pool. Sign up promo code ks R horse on the DK horse app. Gambling problem wanting one hundred gabler eighteen plus twenty one plus at certain states to open or access and advanced deposit wagering account and resident of state where dk horse is available. Eligibly restrictions apply. Void world prohibited opt in place a five dollars straight when bet on the derby. First eligible bet only must win to share one million dollar prize. Cash reward via click to claim expires in thirty days into May. Third sea terms at dk A dk horse dot com slash bet slash offers slash details. All right, Billy, I was mentioning this a minute ago. We're going to see how loyal you are. According to a new study, there is a loyalty test out there, and ask you. Would you be willing to do these things? How loyal are you to your friends or family? So I want to ask you, Billy, Yeah, starting with this one, would you be willing to suffer going through a line at the DMV for a loved one? So yah, say, Marissa says, you know what I need to get my license updated? You'd be willing to stand in that long, awful line at the DMV.
Speaker 3: If the only way that it could be done is if I did it, then yeah, I would be able to stand them.
Speaker 2: You're in the majority. Fifty three percent of Americans say they would do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Okay.
Speaker 2: Would you be willing to put your name down for a reference for an apartment or a job for a friend or family. Yes, absolutely, I've done that actually this year as a matter of fact. So yeah, it depends on the friend, you know, pick and choose the right ones. But yes, for the most part. Another person's okay, here's here's the next one here. Would you be willing to start a business with a loved one, especially a partner or a best friend. I've actually done. I mean it's kind of what Chas Bar is where we started a business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think that can get sticky in a lot of ways. I would not start a business with my partner, So I'm going to say no on this one.
Speaker 2: Only twenty seven percent of people said that they would.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so you are in the minority on this one. As a Chas bar and grill owner, yep.
Speaker 2: What about would you be willing to donate a kidney or an organ to a friend or family? That right there would really testing your loyalty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's like top four or five, you know what I'm talking about. It like that is like the closest of close. Like, I don't know if i'd give you a kidney, Shannon, but I love you.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't give you one either, Like, well, I knew there was a lot of kidneys out there, Why do you need mine? And then the last one says if they suddenly had one hundred thousand dollars fall into their lap, would they gladly share? Would you gladly share your fortune with loved ones? One hundred thousand that's not that much money. But if you just had one hundred thousand dollars right now, would you share it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'd probably drop some money immediately on some friends and family just to show off, Shannon. But you know I'm putting most of that away. I mean, I've got a safe but yeah, so there you go. I'd spend a little.
Speaker 2: Eighty two percent of people say they would, So there you go. I mean sounds like you're pretty loyal unless we want your kidney then.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so you're not gonna give me a kidney?
Speaker 2: No, No, sorry, you don't need it. You're still young. You turn thirty tomorrow. We'll see at the studio for Billy Relative Shanna the dudeksrpre show Case is Ours up next. That is listening