Speaker 1: What's that.
Speaker 2: It's spooky? Hey, Joky, I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Hey, I ghosted.
Speaker 2: Nandas Pase. Hey boo, it's me Roz, and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. Oh, it's a listener episode, you know I love these and uh as always you could be on one too. Just email me Ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com and in the subject line right listener episode, and then just write one sentence bullet points about your various stories, which is different if you want me to read a story. If that's the case, write it out all nice, maybe like a paragraph or two. Oh. I love hearing from you all. I've got such great listeners. You people are cool. Let's just get into it. You know, I don't need to talk your ear off up front here, because first of all, this first story, this is a good one. Okay, I'm actually obsessed with this story. It's about a haunted painting in Barcelona. Here's Tim on with the show. I don't believe it. It's Tim from Barcelona. Oh my god, how are you? Tim?
Speaker 4: I'm fine, thank you. I'll be sleepy bod so eager and happy to be talking with you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know that it's like my dream place I've never been. I went to a Bisa once, very briefly, the same thing, I know, but I've never been to Spain other than that little time, and it is my dream. It is like since childhood. I've always just had this idea of Spain being just like made for me and I'm jealous of you. Please find me a husband and I will. Barcelona, yes, just just put out some feelers for me. I listen, this is gonna make me sound like a crazy person, but I do sometimes change my dating apps to Barcelona just to see, just to see you never know, you.
Speaker 1: Hear.
Speaker 4: Don't worry. It's like gaytown to your coward.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like the curest place I have been in Europe. So you're welcome.
Speaker 2: In America, we have this show called ninety Day Fiance and yeah, I know, oh you know it okay because yeh many times I've talked to you guys on dating apps from overseas and I'm like, hey, you want to be on this show with me. It's called ninety d fiance and then they block me. So but that is my dream. Anyway, We're not here I want my dreams. We're here to talk about your nightmares. Oh yeah, you got really a fascinating ghost story here? Where do we start? Give it to us, take us to the slumber party.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is happened maybe like right now, twelve years ago more or less. I was, well, I play a room skate here A wait a what a room skates? The typical room scape? Oh?
Speaker 2: Escape room?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, escape room. Sorry, yeah, actually in my roommate that is also we make the business together. We were like, oh, wait a minute, we can't do something like really cool because you know, it was a typical one that it like it was like is this in the seventies to travel at the time as in the seventies, because it's the furniture that we are available and if you you to find like Kia table in the eighties, you know it. We were like, we can do it a.
Speaker 2: Little bit cooler totally.
Speaker 4: So we start building these things and I come up with an idea of making like like it starts like the first like horror them the second one in Spain. But we want to make it like extreme, so we actually touch people on top. And it was set in the nineteen twenties and it was a medium. The main character and the one that was like chasing you around was a medium. So yeah, I'm Mexican. So basically it was like bringing all the cryppy stuff to this place. And I actually went to Mexico. I rap like so many stuff, like witchcraft stuff. And then in here in Spain, every piece of furniture that was in there was like from like free markets and really from the time period. And the place that we find was like these really old Just if you come to Barcelona, everything is building, so okay, it's building after building after building, and we find like this small house that was abandoned in the middle of the city.
Speaker 2: What could go wrong?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we were like, let's do the game here full with all this furniture of the nineteen twenty twenties and all the Equippyan witchcraft stuff. So the weirdest thing was that when we were like maybe let's say like one weekend and have to open, there was this small room that was like we were not finding what was the correct thing to put there. You know, it was hard. It was like, we have so many shirt but nothing to put in this place. So I was walking around in the city and it was really late, I think it was like midnight, and I suddenly something like grabbed my attention and I saw this huge painting of like faces screaming, and I was like, oh, that's perfect for me for the business. Mm so yeah, but it was like in the street. They actually throw it away and it was huge.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's.
Speaker 4: Like four faces screaming. The skin of the characters are gray and the like the background is red.
Speaker 2: Do you think someone just had this in their house? That's yeah. I fired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I actually call my roommate and I was like, man, I find the stuff, come with me to grab this huge thing and just let's just put it inside the business.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we do that and after like a week, we were like, hmmm, since that painting arrived, weird things start to happen, Like what so the I will tell you from the smallest one to the biggest one, Okay, Like the smallest ones was like we were so in my business. It was only one person attending the groups, so we actually, you know, it's not like the business where you have like three people working at the same time. It was only one of us, so we usually never see each other unless we have to change, you know, for the if one have already worked eight hours, then we changed. So it starts with everyone being like, hey, I have heard the voices. I actually heard a whisper. Were close. I was a completely own, I was putting everything on place, and I hear a woman, a woman's voice in my ear.
Speaker 2: It was me. It was me going, can you find me a husband?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 4: Maybe you were you were putting in the teacher.
Speaker 2: Yes, who was it? What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What did they say?
Speaker 4: I only hear the like the and I was like, what the fuck was that? And I was like ignored, just ignored. I Mexicain would usually be like, hey, just shut out, Please don't don't bump me. And that One of the strangest things that usually happened is that the room where the painting was inside was the ending of the game and we have a wigi board and some people insist to play and we were like, please don't touch the fucking wigiboard and that room was locked with a chain. And the first time it started, you know, is like we have a lot of small things and usually you lost them, and we start to find out that every time that we lost anything, the next day, we'll appear in that room, in the middle of the room with the change on, so it was impossible to go inside or out. Yeah, it was like, okay, thank you because I need this to make the game. But it was like creepy. It was like, why everything that we lost appears in the middle of the room.
Speaker 2: That is locked, So creepy, but also like what a perfect place like you have like a free a free ghost working for you at the spooky.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah totally. And also we start seeing like a bit of shadow people sometimes that I'm really like creep about it. So I was like, please, if you're here, I don't want to see shadows or anything. But then the huge thing starts because they actually told us that they were going to actually turn down that building so we have to move to another place. So I was like, well, we will make a new game, but we will pick everything that we have here and just move to the new place. So it seems that the thing in the painting didn't like that. Yeah. I think that they were like, we want the bad the small house in the middle of Barcelona instead of moving to a building. So when I started preparing the new game, it was like, imagine a huge, really big hallway, really long. Maybe I will speak in meters. Sorry, you in the States are the only ones that use the other measure, remmberless.
Speaker 2: So we have a lot of problems over here.
Speaker 4: I cannot disagree. Sorry about it. And it was maybe like, let's say like eleven meters the whole way, okay, really long, okay, And so we put the painting in one side.
Speaker 5: Of that wholeway.
Speaker 4: And so I was preparing stuff. We didn't have light at the beginning, so I was seeing continually shallow people, and I was like, please, if you're going to do your stuff, just do it in your room. I'm living alone.
Speaker 2: Keep it in your bedroom. I don't need to see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then when we start making the new game, the biggest things that actually creeped me out. The first thing was it was at the beginning of the game of the new game, we give the teams, like you know, to make the feel of like sound footage, bad horror movies. We gave them like a crappy video camera.
Speaker 2: Of the game fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So at theginning of the game, they were running with a video camera and we were like, well, in my case, I was dressed like a crazy woman facing them. Yeah, and I'm I'm I'm a bird, so I'm I'm big. Yeah. But we managed to creep everyone out. So the first time one of my workers call me. She is a lovely girl and she called me and she was like, hatim, I just want to tell you something. Something weird happened at the ending and I was like okay, and she was like, well, they told me. I was on the other side of the of the of the of the game and I hear them screaming, and I was like, what's going on? And afterwards they told me like, by the way, the fright of the hand was the best fright we have in our lives. And she was like what hand And they were like, we saw the hand and it was so impactful and she was like okay, yeah. And then she called me like do you put something new? And I was like no, And I was like, don't worry. We know that sometimes freaky stuff happened in the room with that painting, so just continue working.
Speaker 2: But did you find out what the hand was?
Speaker 4: No? No, but here comes the freaky thing. Is that like maybe like a week later another employee, and I told you, they don't need they know each other, but they never talk with each other because she was in the weekends, he was in the in the mornings in the week so they were not like interactive. And he actually called me and he was like hate him. Something happened and I was like okay, and he was like, the team told me that the fright of the hand was impactful, and I was like, okay, there's no hand. And two teams in different times, in different moments, have seen the same thing.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? Do you think there's like a hand coming out of the painting and grabbing at people?
Speaker 4: No idea. The both teams we were like, the hands thing is incredible. We don't know how you do it. And they were like, yeah, we are that good.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're like we don't know how we do it either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. But for me, just like the two huge things that happened with me was that the first thing like actually it was a long hallway and the ending of the whole way, you know, is like the whole way makeup turn, so you were not able to see, you know, the other side of the.
Speaker 2: Of the ending of the whole way terrifying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I am, surely because it was the type of game it was. It was like lighted with like two lamps from the nineteen twenties, so it was like you barely see anything. So the first time I was and this is why I know they were angry because I was like cleaning stuff and doing stuff and suddenly I hurt someone running but charging against me. No. Yeah, And I actually was like, Okay, I don't like that, so I'm going to go and I will see you next week because I'm the boss, so I will not come to work for a week after this happened. But they're like the really crazious thing it was that one day a team arrived and they were sketchy, so they were, you know, I was like, well, maybe the ghosts have to be more scared of them, okay, the other way around, so yeah, they were. I was like, oh, a bit sketchy. So well, I actually text my room, my roommate that was the other owner of the building of the business. I was like, oh, sketchy people are alriving and he usually is like, I'm the match of superheroes. So usually he was like, I'm going to protect everyone, and I'm like, we have the same size, the same everything. So no. So usually he was like if anything happened in the in the business, he was the one going to try to like be like I'm going to solve this. So I text him like, hey, a sketchy team. But they were there. So we make the game, and usually I make the all the cleaning and the fixing of the business. So the team left around twelve o'clock in the night, midnight, and I actually stay like for one hour and a half, like cleaning and doing all the stuff. And just like in front of the of the room of the painting, we have these really really really small bathrooms that it was only like the bath and inside we put like maybe like eleven mannikins.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the thing was that we pushed people inside. They panic. They and the mannikins they were like these crappy ones that you touch and basically they disarmed. So I remember that. The first thing when they left, I was like, I'm going to arrange the mannequins and then I would do everything else. So an hour passed by and I was like done. I was like, okay, I'm about to finish, and then I hear voices, but like really loved voices from the other side of the business, and I was like, wait a minute, and I was like, oh, my roommate have just arrived like two hours later. Being like I'm going to protect you. I was like, are you here? And I started searching and I was like, oh, no, I'm alone. But I was like, okay, don't worry. During Barcelona sometimes it is loud. So I was like trying to find, you know, the to calm myself and trying to find like like any explanation to not be get nervous. I was like, okay, the boy says. The loud voices were outside, and then I remember I went we have like a second floor. When we saw the cameras and stuff, I went up. I closed the lights and I actually heard a huge crush, and because I'm that intelligent, instead of turning the lights on, I grabbed small lamp and then I walked down to see what was going on. And I remember that I went to one side of the of the huge hallway. Nothing there. But when I turn around, there were three heads of mannekins still moving in line in the middle of the of the of the whole way. Yeah, and I was like no. I actually was like I'm going to go because it was impossible that they failed, you know. I was like, no, there's there has to be some way of explaining how only the heads fall. The thing is that the mannequin's were so crappy that you touch like an arm and they disarmed. So for three heads to be like to falling from the bodies running around and be in lined in the hallway, it's I don't know how to explain that.
Speaker 2: That's scary. Do you feel like it was like a message? It doesn't seem like a friendly message.
Speaker 4: Well, the thing is that because of the pandemic, we actually were forced to shut down, so we actually my business is not it's not existing anymore. We close it. So when we closed it, we were like, you know something, we need to like have the most amount of money that we can. So we start selling everything and many people that you know that have like good memories of the game come and buy some stuff. And then this girl appeared and she was with a small dog like actually wobble, and she was like, hey, I think I want the painting, And I told her the painting is hunted so I don't recommend that you buy the painting, and she was like, no, I want the I want the painting. So we walked with her to the painting and the dog was growling and uh like at the painting, and uh I was like, not even your dog want the painting.
Speaker 2: You are so much nicer than me, because I would be like, fine, take it three no returns.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean if people sell dolls on eBay, right, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean you told her you did the get that you said it's haunted, and she said fine, I still want it. And I would have said, okay, yeah, no more questions, take it.
Speaker 4: The crazy thing was that at the same time, some friends of my roommate arrived with another dog, and the dog refuses to enter into that room. So the girl actually was like, Okay, I'm going to take the picture the huge painting to my house. The painting, for a weird reason, was not entering her car. So she was like, okay, can I pick up pick it up like in like let's say a week. And I was like, no, okay, take it now, and we actually have to bring the picture to my house. And so it arrived to my house and with a few more stuff we have from the business. And uh, in that moment, I started working in the nights for like eighty like as a standard job, and I was actually working in the place that we have the things of the of the business. And uh, first I heard again a voice and I was like, no, I don't think I'm not going to acknowledge it. I have headphones on, so if anything else except a boy without a body. But then one morning, so the girl actually came and took the fucking painting. It was. It was gone. And then like maybe two days after, I was because I was sleeping in the like at six in the morning, so I was like, okay, I'm to feed my cat that way, he's not going to annoy me during the morning. And suddenly my cat starts to stir to the end of my house in the hallway, and he actually started to make the movement like he was seeing someone walking towards him, and all his hairs start to like, you know, like to freeze, and he actually hisses and he runs away, and I was like no. I was like, please, I'm sorry, but you have to go. You're not welcome anymore. The painting is gone. And I think led three months later, the girl send me a message things start happening in her house. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So originally the ghost was like, all right, fine, I'll stay here. I don't need the painting, bye bye. And then yeah, I found the painting somehow found its way back at her place. Now, yeah, so is that where it is to this day, as far as you know, it's with this this girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the painting is I don't know why. It's like messing with her mother.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah. She actually was like, well, every time I'm not at home, the painting started doing noises and my mom had felt someone touching her. And I was like, well, do you want the painting?
Speaker 2: Yeah sounds horrible, okay bye.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, not my problem.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well I'm actually looking at the picture that you sent and it, yeah, it reminds me of there was a story that we covered probably three years ago now or so with the comedian River Butcher, and it was a Spanish story the bell Bell mez Faces I Believe.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, which is.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, it's like a house where all these spaces have appeared in like the concrete and the walls and stuff. It like kind of reminds me of that a little bit. It's interesting that that's also in Spain. Yeah, what do you think did you just find it? Like was it outside of someone's house or where was it?
Speaker 4: So they're like, there's like this part of the city, the Discodo Kantis. Basically it's like a huge flea market and a bunch of small free markets.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, But.
Speaker 4: The weird thing is that they are selling the stuff and this one they were like, just put it near the thrush. I actually saw it like in the middle of nowhere, just like in a side of the thrush camps, and I was like, oh yeah, I mean even the people that were selling the stuff, they were like, just let's get rid of it. Put it in the thrush can.
Speaker 2: So what did you learn? Don't take the creepy paintings out of the garbage and take them home.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, no more painting.
Speaker 2: Is my house, Tim, This was It doesn't get much better than this. This was amazing. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Speaker 4: No, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and once you find me a man over there, I will happily meet up with you and let's make our own escape room without ghosts.
Speaker 4: You're welcome to come to Spain whenever you want. But I have to tell you that the Spanish people with Europeans are not well, excepting English people. They are not into ghost things. It's full of those things, but they don't want to speak about it.
Speaker 2: Theyn't want to talk about it. Yeah, well that's not get get it. Well that's my see, that's my problem because I am part Mexican, part white. So the Mexican said of me is like, I'm not I am not dealing with this shit. And then the white part of me is like, no, I want to go. I want to go. I'm gonna keep walking into the creepy sound or whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm Mexican Japanese.
Speaker 2: So oh fascinating.
Speaker 4: You're like, welcome all the weird stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with you. I have to go hop on another call. But thank you so much.
Speaker 4: No Adul, thank you so much. I'm a huge fan. Oh, thank you, bye Bro, thank you, thank.
Speaker 2: You, Tim, my future neighbor. I loved that story. I loved it. It was just wonderful and I love I love Tim. Now to clarify, I don't I don't necessarily know that I'm leaving. I'm not happy with America, right now, but this is where I'm from. I'm sticking around for now. But let me tell you something. If I do find a hot, hot Spanish man. It was so nice living here, it really was. But I'm out of here. No, I don't. I don't know who knows. Anyway, This next one, this is like a we got an international episode here. We're traveling around the world. This next one taking us to China. So I hope you packed your passport. Here's Alison. My god, it's Alison from Florida.
Speaker 5: Hi, hey, ros.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of stories. I look through this email. I don't even know where do we start. There's there's oh, there's even a UFO sighting I see in here.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I have about seven pages of bullet points for the stories.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's like, what's what's the Alison supernatural banger of a story?
Speaker 5: Okay? So I was planning to move to China to teach.
Speaker 2: English stop fifteen cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and my mom, you know, she loves my free spirits, but she was definitely very worried. And as I'm packing, she tells me, I'm moving to China during Hungry Ghost months.
Speaker 2: Hungry Ghost month, uh huh?
Speaker 5: And she has a lot of supernatural experience as I do, so she knows that that would definitely put me on a red alert. But I went ahead and went through it.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, what was Hungry Ghost Month?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: I looked it up and apparently it's where anybody that passes in Asia that does not have a funeral and they can come back for a month to wreck havoc or do whatever they see fit. There are a lot of customs. If you wear red, do not wear red because you will attract a deceased that likes the party. Do not wear black because you are attracting somebody that likes to mourn. Do not leave your clothes hanging outside to dry at night, because they think the ghosts will inhabit the clothes when you bring them.
Speaker 4: Month.
Speaker 5: Do not leave your umbrella outside because if you were to use it again, there might be a ghost hiding inside of it. There are so.
Speaker 2: Many I know.
Speaker 5: So my mom she knew what she was doing. She didn't want me to move.
Speaker 2: What month is this? I need to know for the future.
Speaker 5: I guess, I guess it differs. But when I moved there in twenty fifteen, it started in August.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, huh.
Speaker 5: So I went ahead and proceeded to move Wow, and all was well for a bit. I had my own studio apartment. It was one among one of the dynasty gates. I can't quite remember which dynasty, but I was among the dynasty gate. And then as soon as I moved into my apartment, my school said, we need you to teach as a summer camp nearby. So they sent me away to a summer camp and I was teaching and all was well. One night, I took my computer into the lobby and I was going to try to skite my parents, and there were not any electrical out less available, and without thinking you a westerner, I just un plugged whatever lamp was there to put my laptop in. Well, I look up and I actually unplugged a shrine. Oh that's a big no no. And I should have known better, but I was a tired teacher. That's what happened. So I skyte my family. All was okay, and I went to sleep that night, and as I was sleeping, I had a very weird dream. I had a dream that a girl was walking towards me, and she had one arm longer than the other one by like a foot okay, and her face was really scary, like the grudge, and she had black hair all in her face, and she walked towards me, and she entered and passed through me. But when she passed through me, I didn't feel anything scary. I actually felt some sort of happiness. Maybe I was picking up on her I don't know. But so the next day I was teaching, and then I walked my students through the evening activity where they would have a bonfire and whatnot. And as I returned to walk back to my hotel room, there were a bunch of elderly Asian people walking past me. Most of them would make eye contact with me and smile, and I would do the same as silent communication. But then all of a sudden, there is this one lady at the end of one of the groups that lucks eye contact with me, and she just won't let up, and it makes me so nervous. And as I proceed to walk past her, I turn around and I see that she is spitting around and she's looking straight at me, and she breaks away from her group, and nobody in the group even notices, and I focus on her, and I see that her phasique is completely different. She has one arm significantly longer than.
Speaker 4: The other now.
Speaker 5: And her face is completely scary. I run to my hotel room. Nothing happens except a knock at the door from my Michigan roommate, who laughs at me. I am hysterical. I call my mom. She clicks on her computer and she tells me that hungry ghost months started that very evening.
Speaker 2: And how much longer were you supposed to be there.
Speaker 5: As a summer camp? Maybe another four weeks? Then I did stay, but I stayed in China for a whole year. And then when I went back to my studios that I lived in alone, I would hear footsteps across the floor, and then something would sit on the edge of my.
Speaker 2: That Oh my god, So did you encounter this longer arm ghost again?
Speaker 5: No, one time. And then anytime I asked the locals about hungry ghosts munts, they were totally terrified. They couldn't believe I would ask about it. They were quite timid. I'm used to, you know. I spent some time in the UK and I would like to hunt the old cemeteries, and I found it weird that China didn't have any cemeteries visible and they explained to me that they keep them all hidden away, all supernatural stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't like all the rules about, like you can't wear this color, you gotta don't hang up your cloak, like, uh, that would stress me out right now.
Speaker 5: And being a Westerner, what are you guys talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, tell me more stories. You've got so many?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay. So I you up in a creepy house. Well, we moved there when I was twelve years old, and everything was fine for a while. My sister and I shared a room, and then she went off to college, and then pretty soon I started hearing footsteps above my bed, and I would hear him walk and stop right in front above my bed.
Speaker 2: It was an attic up there or the roof.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, ma'am. I had my closet to the right of my bed was the attic access and it used to creep me out so bad. My dad looked out of town a lot, so I would go and stay in my mom's room because I was so scared.
Speaker 2: What was up there, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, But there were other things that happened. I saw something black flash across the floor at night, and I went to wake up my mom and tell her, and I told her it was crawling on all fours. I don't know if you're familiar with the tool Schism video, but there's a triangle creature that crawls around really fast. All that's in a blurf. You can't see its face. That's exactly what I saw. So I went in my mom's room and I would not come out. My dad would kind of scoff and make fun of it because he didn't experience anything like that until I moved out.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the best when a dad gets it.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I moved out to Colorado. And then dad was sitting there talking to my mom in the living room and he saw crawl out of my bedroom on all fours and going to their bedroom.
Speaker 2: What the hell is that?
Speaker 5: I don't know. But what's so weird is that maybe fourteen years later, I was with a friend. We went to their house to have a little get together, and the little we'll get together's house with my old house, and I didn't feel anything done weird.
Speaker 2: Right, So the little thing maybe crawled crawled out and walked around. This is in Florida, Yes, yes, well maybe it was like I'm sick of the attic. I need to go get some sun. I'll go to the beach. You know, it's stretch out there, all four of their legs and let their hair down a little.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just a little sunbump.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, little pukashell necklace. So okay, wait, wait, just because I don't want to miss it. What is the UFO sighting?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: So that was most recently. It was June first, at seven am. I was walking my dog and I looked up in the sky and saw this triangle going by, and the wings of the triangle were translucent almost, and it wasn't anything I've ever seen before. And then it shot off like at an angle of the moon and didn't make any sound whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was really neat. And I called my mom, of course, because she is like the mecca of experience. I called my mother and let her know, and she thought it was quite amazing.
Speaker 1: Tooo.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Yeah, okay, tell you more, mar Mark.
Speaker 5: Okay, so when I was a little girl, we went to the Crescent Hotel in Arkansas, in Eureka Springs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I've heard about this.
Speaker 5: You have, I believe, because well, I'll give you the whole story. So we stayed there when I was between nine or twelve, I don't remember, but I remember walking up the staircase and there was a little boy in a portrait of a painting, and it gave me, my sister and I the creep. And when we got to the top floor, we saw that little boy from the painting at the top floor, and my sister ran and I stayed there perplexed. But that same weekend, this New Year's weekend, I woke up New Year's Day to a flash of a hand over my eyes. My eyes were closed, but I could clearly see something waving over my eyes. And I woke up and I turned over and there was a little girl with brown hair looking at me, and I sat up and she disappeared, and I waited for my dad to come back with his newspaper signe at the time.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 5: My dad said that they had heard that our room had activity when they were at a little party the night before. Well years later I hear on the Travel Channel that Norman Baker had this whole disgusting set up to fraud people say I'm going to treat you for cancer and just take your money and let you die. Miserably. Unfortunately. I found all about that later. I went in April with my husband and we stayed there, and I did see a table moved by its felf. But more importantly, I spoke with the bartender on the penthouse floor and he shared a video with me of a little girl running on the same floor that I had stayed in in the nineties.
Speaker 2: So you think it was the same little girl.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I hope so, because I don't want there to be more than one little girl.
Speaker 2: Oh my, thet girl's been there this whole time, I know and like.
Speaker 5: And we went on the tour of his morgue to rease the hotel, and that was all hidden when I was a nine year old. That's so creepy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Well, remind me not to go there.
Speaker 5: Well, I actually thought maybe you and your team would go and get something.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess that is the point of ghost hunting, is to go to these terrifying places. But it does not sound fun at the same time. No, I don't want to deal with some little girl running around. No, no, no, I get enough of that. When I go to Target. There's always a little kids running around everywhere. It's not not for me.
Speaker 5: That's where I was today.
Speaker 2: Target. Okay, one more the ghost and the taxi.
Speaker 3: Maybe that one, Okay, I was just I was in Sania, the southern type of China, on vacation, on my teacher break, and I was in a taxi and I went to.
Speaker 5: Get into the taxi but there was a man in the back seat, so I sat in the front seat, which I don't like to do, but I went ahead and did that. And the whole time, the driver and the guy in the back seat are bantering speaking Mandarin, and I am just kind of laughing along. I don't know what's going on. But I get to my destination, I get out, I wave to the driver, I go to wave to the passenger in the back, and there's nobody there.
Speaker 2: Stop. Yeah, I know, right, But do you think that the driver knew that there wasn't somebody there? Maybe he just wast well, right, but you saw the person.
Speaker 5: Too, I did because I didn't get in the back because I and I was like, okay, I guess I have to get in the front.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but well, I I am convinced that ghosts are obsessed with you would do we have time for one more? Yeah, we're a littlehead of schedule, so go for it. Oh okay, okay, tell me when we okay.
Speaker 5: So we moved to Hawaii when I was six years old, and we had a hurricane damaged house and we stayed there in it until our other house was being built. Well, I always had nightmares about a clown face demon whatever in the inaccessible bedroom next to me, so light would always stay on while I was sleeping, and eventually we moved out of the house into the hurricane damaged house. On the way to the new house, we would have to pass the old house. My father saw a white face demon with his head rockings with high cheekbones in the house that I had always had the nightmare, and he didn't tell us that until four years later.
Speaker 2: Weird. Okay, did you have another one?
Speaker 1: I do? Okay?
Speaker 5: So I moved to Colorado. After our scary house in Florida, I moved to Colorado. There was a human sized crawl space in the bathroom. It was a seven bedroom house and it was really weird. I had the instructors from New Zealing as roommates. We all had different shifts I'm doing laundry downstairs and I see someone walk by and I thought it was my roommate and he wasn't even there. Then I heard pots and pans clatter from the island hooks in the kitchen, and then I ran up and nothing was out of place. My sister and I woke up, and she noticed I had beard scratches all over my body. It was on my back and places that I couldn't reach, and they were so ten and random, it just didn't make sense. I heard a dog sigh in our living room while I'm watching TV one day, and I realized, I don't even have a dog. It's coming out of the hole that's behind my couch.
Speaker 2: The human size crawl space.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know where that hole. I think it's a whole connected to the crawl space.
Speaker 2: So do you think it was a living human living in there?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I know that A coworker dropped me off and she said, oh, you live in a party house. So my sister like had a boyfriend and left and I was alone in the house and I was feeling really brave that I'm going to be in this house by myself after everything happened, and all of a sudden, I get a scary feeling and I turned the TV off. But I can't turn the TV off for some reason. So I go to turn it off physically on the television and the channel start changing by themselves. So I run down the hallway. I hop into my bed. I pulled a Bible out, and I ruffled the sheep on my ear so I can't hear anything. That's all I can hear. And I just read the Bible out loud because I can't walk down that hallway to sit in the snow all night. And I don't have the money to get a hotel either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're stuck there.
Speaker 5: And then and then the landlord offered to let us live there for sheep, and I said there's no way, and I moved to an apartment where every noise I could hear I could just credit it to a neighbor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That landlord was probably like, oh God, I cannot go through this again. I know, just pay less money. Sorry, there is a demon that lives in the walls. I apologize.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Explore the girl.
Speaker 2: Wow, Alison, you brought the goods. Thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Ross, I really love you. I think you're the best.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Thanks Alison. All Right, I got one more for you here. This one is a listener named Ziah, and Zia has seen some shit. We even get a cryptid story. Ooh, let's do it. Oh my god, Zia, Hi, Zia. Hello, you're in Los Angeles and you have forty thousand, bajillion stories and you're you're a triple threat. Okay, We've got UFO, ghosts, encryptid.
Speaker 1: And I have multiple of all of them too.
Speaker 2: Geez, Louise, Ziah, what's your deal? Why are all these mysterious things so into you?
Speaker 1: I have no clue, but it's been happening my whole life and to my father too. It's kind of crazy. We both just experienced things constantly.
Speaker 2: Well, tell me about a cryptid. We don't get enough cryptid representation on the show. And I do think representation matters, and we need these mysterious creatures like Bigfoot to feel seen in media and maybe that'll make them want to come out and be a part of society.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I hope they come out, come out to us.
Speaker 2: Yes, So have you encountered was it a Bigfoot. What's the deal?
Speaker 1: It is something that I cannot quite explain a lot of people that I asked about it after it happened around New Mexico, so that we're not supposed to say the name of it or else it gets drawn to you. And ever since I saw it, I was kind of like, oh, I don't really want to see it again. Really, So yeah, it's like, yeah, it's creepy.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then we don't have to say the name of it. But what can you tell us about this experience?
Speaker 1: So I can give you the story right now?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I grew up in New Mexico. I grew up in nature. I grew up camping. I know pretty much all the animals that are around there. Like, I'm pretty aware of what's going on. I'm a skeptic. I like I believe in science, you know. And one day I was camping by this river with an ex of mine and it was just the two of us, and I'm going to be completely honest with you here. I had one beer. I didn't have any drugs or like anything that would make me see things. I had like maybe half that beer. At this point, we were just sitting around the campfire, and I heard this sound coming from behind my boyfriend's hat at the time, and I kind of looked over his shoulder and I saw this thing gallop out from behind his jeep, and I was kind of trying to focus and figure out what I was looking at. And on all fours this thing was as tall as his jeep, like masses. And it wasn't a move it wasn't a deer. It wasn't anything that I've ever seen before, getting so shaky like talking about it. It was long and lanky, skinny. I could see what I thought were like ribs or muscle. I could like see like definition in it. It was that close to me, about seven or eight feet away, and I kind of stopped galloping and turned toward me, and it had this little tiny face and huge eyes and made eye contact with me. And I just sat there, son. I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything. And then it just galloped away around us in kind of a circle. And I kind of looked back at my boyfriend and I said, we have to get in the tent right now. So what's crazy is that at the exact same time I said we have to get in the tent right now. He said, we have to get inside. We said it in unison, and the next day when I asked him why he said that, he said that there was a giant, glowing ball that looked like lightning that was flying down the river behind my head.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still don't know what to make of it. But we both saw something behind each other's head at the same time, and at that same moment we were like, we just have to we have to get inside.
Speaker 2: Am I having deja vous? Or did have I read this?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Did you send this to me?
Speaker 1: I did send this to you?
Speaker 2: Did I read this on the show?
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Let's just say. Let's just say it was somebody else, but still, oh my god, this is so creepy. So you didn't see what was behind you. He didn't see what was behind him.
Speaker 1: No, neither of us saw what was behind like one another, and we ran.
Speaker 2: Did it seem uh, I don't know, magical or ghostly in any way, or did it seem like a mammal of some sort? What would you say?
Speaker 1: It's kind of hard to say. Like it felt very scary, which is like something that you don't really get when you see animals. In nature, You're like, oh, wow, that's an animal. That's really cool. It was like petrifying fear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like.
Speaker 1: At the same time, I didn't feel threatened.
Speaker 2: But I bet you if I had a baby, it would be so cute. All baby animals are cute with the big.
Speaker 1: Eyes already, I thought the baby would have massive eyes.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's probably so cute. Okay, Okay, this is good. But wait, you have other cryptid stories too.
Speaker 1: That's kind of the that's the only one that I had like another witness there for Okay, So I feel like that's kind of the most like verifiable because like we both saw something at the exact same time, right, you know, And all of the stories that I wanted to tell you have other witnesses.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that it's not just like me.
Speaker 1: Experiencing something by myself, Like what if I I don't know, like let's have to sleep and saw something, you know.
Speaker 2: No, it's the best when you have a witness. Okay. So so what's another one? Give us a give us one of these famous Zaia witness stories.
Speaker 1: I think my next favorite one would be the cowboy ghost that my dad and I both saw one night we were driving home from the airport. It was maybe like four am. We were coming back from vacation whatever. I think I was eighteen or nineteen. Still go on vacation with my dad. By the way, he's the best person in the world. So his house, for a little context, is just out in the middle of nowhere. There are not really neighbors, not really anything nearby, and there is documented history of this cowboy gang called the Hole in the Wall gang there. They had to shoot out at these ruins that you can still hike to and you can see bullet holes in the walls. So we know that there's like a history, like a physical history there of cowboys. And I think this was the event that turned my dad into a believer of the paranormal, because he's such a skeptic, like such a scientific mind, brilliant guy, like no cuckoo bananas, you know, I've seen it before.
Speaker 2: If you can get a skeptical dad on board, that's the best.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: But it was also terrifying. But we were driving, it was so late at night, it was so dark. We were both quite kind of tired, you know, just excited to be home. Had a great vacation, and we turned this one curve in the road and on one side of the road there is a deep drop, a cliff, and on the other side there's a steep rise, like a really steep mountain. And we see this person step out from the side where the cliff was and stopped in the middle of the road and turn to us, and we were like, first of all, weird, like does this guy need help? What's going on? And we both sat for a second and looked at him a little bit closer and realized he was wearing full like old school cowboy gear at three in the morning in the middle of nowhere. And we look closer and he has no color. He's black and white like plastic ghosts almost, is like the only way I can describe it. Was shocking, and I screamed at the top of my lungs. I was like, Dad, you have to drive the car right now. And my dad drove as fast as he could away from there. We were like, Okay, this guy has to have a horse, he has to have a truck, like we're going to see evidence of like how he got up this crazy cliff, you know. And we kept driving and we didn't see any truck. We didn't see any horse. We didn't see any mode of transportation, and we're like, oh no, like, should we go back to help him? Was it actually a person? And my dad was like, he didn't have any seat, you.
Speaker 2: Didn't have any feet? No, And he was like walking, he was.
Speaker 1: Walking, no feet off a cliffs, no horse, no cars, like, no way he could have been there.
Speaker 2: Oh so I'm guessing you didn't turn back and help No.
Speaker 1: No, no no. After he said that, I was like, Okay, we're just going to go home and we're going to lock the doors and we're just gonna go to bed.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a good one. Okay, give me more, give me more.
Speaker 1: Okay, one of my more. Do you want to hear about my friend ghosts?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: So my ghost friend his name is Peebee. I believe he's kind of younger because he's kind of a prankster around the house. And my first encounter with him was when I was living near Santa Monica and I bought a big jug of peanut butter because I had been craving peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for like a month. So I was like, Okay, let's do it. And I got a huge jug of peanut butter. Maybe the next day or later on that day. I went up to go make myself a peanut butter jelly sandwich, and I reached out for the peanut butter bot in the cabinet and there was no peanut butter. And I was like, okay, weird. Maybe I put it somewhere else. I left it all all of my bags. I looked in all the cabinets, I looked in the fridge. I was literally all over my entire house because I knew I just got peanut butter and I really wanted it, but I couldn't find it. And a few days go by, I was like, whatever, maybe I just forgot to get it or threw it away on accident or something. A few days later, I opened a cabinet that I had opened I don't know, maybe ten times since then. I just had pets in it, and I was getting a cup to get a glass of water. Whatever. I opened the cabinet and this giant thing of peanut butter comes flying out and hits me on my head, and I was like, okay, that's strange. Whatever. And that was my first experience with peanut butter ghosts. I've had him around for a while. He kind of does weird things. I say he I feel like it's like a meal energy. But I don't really know for sure. I hope he doesn't mind me calling a pie. But my most recent encounter with him was I was sitting with my current boyfriend on the couch and we were just watching TV and a giant amp, like a guitar amp that we had sitting in the corner of the room just dims into the middle of the room on the floor. We're both just like looking at each other and looked down and just looked right back at the TV, trying not to acknowledge it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that peanut butter got him strong. That's like that would take fource.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is not like a light thing. That's not like a piece of paper.
Speaker 2: So this peanut butter goes has been with you through multiple homes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, four or five?
Speaker 2: Now what? So where do you think he came from?
Speaker 1: I have no clue, and I feel like at some point I would like to get answers about him, but that's not something that I want to do by myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you what are you thinking on that? Why?
Speaker 1: Now it seems a little bit scary to communicate it directly with something that's been with you for a while, like it might be a family member or like a really just nice ghost that I picked up along the way. But I'm kind of in the back of my mind like what if it's something scarier, you know.
Speaker 2: But overall, it's just been little pranks and stuff like that, right, Yeah, a.
Speaker 1: Little pranks, Like at first it was the peanut butter multiple times, like for the first two years it just had to do with peanut Butter That's why his name was peanut Butter Ghosts. And then it moved on to bigger and better pranks.
Speaker 2: Fascinating. So once like the last time you encountered this ghost.
Speaker 1: The ant happened I believe three weeks ago, maybe a month ago.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah cool. Could it be now just just hear me out. Could it be that it's one of these like telekinesis things and you are moving things.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be so cool?
Speaker 2: Or does it really feel like it's an outside ghost, Like could it be possible that you have magic powers and you can move things?
Speaker 1: I I'm not sure. I feel like that would be amazing and I would love to learn more about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and learn how to control it and like make it useful and not just.
Speaker 1: Like random things flying around. I don't know, it's hard to say. I feel like that again. Is another thing, like I haven't given it too much of my energy because you know, watching all the ghost shows and stuff like, you are not supposed to give it too much of your energy. I feel like I need I need like a third party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't listen to me, because I'm like, yeah, let's figure it out. I want to know.
Speaker 1: No, I want to note to you. I do want to listen to you. And now I'm like, what if I.
Speaker 2: I think you are and I think that would be so cool if you were, And I'm jealous. Okay, give us one more.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see we can do it. How about you decide the UFO. Okay. So I was in the hot tub one night with my dad. It's always my dath my dad might always have experiences together. I don't know why. This was after a day of snowboarding. We were in the hot tub. It was night, it was beautiful out. We were just looking up at the sky chilling.
Speaker 2: Where were you at.
Speaker 1: His house in New Mexico in the mountains. Okay, these are kind of incredible.
Speaker 2: UFOs famously love that state.
Speaker 1: Apparently, so you know. But our theory about that is that the light pollution there is so low that you can just see the sky is better totally. So I feel like more people just have experiences there.
Speaker 2: Oh, in La, if you can see a plane, that's a clear day. I swear to god, it's so disgusting up there.
Speaker 1: The Goodyear blimp.
Speaker 2: Yes, But also I feel like the UFOs. I mean, it's possible there's UFOs flying all over La. We just can't see him because of the smog. But if I was an alien, I'd be like, let's skip this place. It is nasty in this air.
Speaker 1: I would be like, I want to be able to see down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're like this, this nasty ass air is going to make my UFO dirty. I just got it waxed. I do not need this pollution. Okay. So, so you're in New Mexico, clear skies. You're in the hot tub.
Speaker 1: The guys in the hot tub just chilling or laying down kind of looking up at the stars. He's like a space knowledgeable about space guy. He's telling me about planets and like space time and cool thing and I'm just sitting there listening, and we both see like three dots in the sky kind of moving in unison, and we're like, oh, like I wonder for us to do with military Like I don't I don't know military things. I was like, helicopterras, I don't know. But as they kind of slowly came closer to us, we realized there was no sound. And then we realized that in between the dots we couldn't see the stars, and we're kind of like, okay, that's a solid object, kind of confused, and we were just staring that it's for a really long time, and I started to get kind of nervous and I was like, I feel like we should get inside, Like this seems scary, Like I don't think that we have this technology to be moving this slowly something so big up there and so quiet, and I was just getting really scared. I was like, no, no, no, come on, just keep watching, like there might be something really cool, like what if we see something no one's ever seen before, like it's really awesome. And I was like, oh, I can, I'm gonna go inside. I was just really nervous, but my dad stayed out for a long time, and he just stared at it, and he said it kind of lingered there for a while, got a little closer, got a little further away, kind of moved around a little bit, and then without a link, without like a word, without anything, it was just gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, classic UFO.
Speaker 4: Just that's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Telling you, he's out.
Speaker 1: I keep having like classic stories that have happened in my life, and that's why a lot of people don't believe me. And I'm like, I know it. I saw what I saw.
Speaker 2: These are great stories. Thank you so much for taking the time. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to all of our listens news, thank you once again to Tim, Allison and Zia and that could be you one day, so please send in those emails. I love you all, both living and dead.
Speaker 6: But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me, hey By, this has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud.
Speaker 2: And sometimes I'll even call you. So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jeeha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Krichten. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spooky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.