Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealer's podcast with your host. Now fuck that with your loaw glasses alone. By that time, that was an accident. I didn't even mean to do it. It's like automatic or something. I need to take it out every time it's time to do it. Which talk about the damn countdown. I didn't know the countdown that time, and it still popped up, but I know where I need to go to take it out.
Speaker 2: You feel me, and I didn't take it out. I didn't take it out.
Speaker 3: I thought you were regionally prejudiced. I at first, I was like, oh, we're gonna sandbag a little bit. We're gonna start this off at the three h five, and you were like, now we're gonna keep it west coast and started off at three ten.
Speaker 2: No, man, I had a crazy start to today. You feel me. It's been crazy.
Speaker 1: It's been crazy, so I ain't really get to but uh we don't time.
Speaker 2: We don't time.
Speaker 3: We're late, but my Martinez is uh still cold, so we're good.
Speaker 1: I like that though. I like that as a masculine response to the Martini.
Speaker 3: The martine is you know what's really bad is what's the name of the guard on the Miami Heat. Fuck the guard Wade, No, the one who's there now Butler. But oh Jim, Yeah, yeah, he is trying to steal my brand and he's doing an advertisement of it.
Speaker 2: Whatever is he trying to steal?
Speaker 3: Well, it's the you know, the the Miami Martini. The Espresso Martine is all popular, but it's like, you know, vodka Kalua espresso and then you know, ice shaking. I'm like, well, we're not going to do that. We're in Miami, so I'm doing Cuban coffee with dark rum, you know, shaking whatever, you know, sugar in the Cuban coffee.
Speaker 2: And what not.
Speaker 3: So he's doing that. He's making the espresso Martini with Bacardi rum and calling it like the Martini Deocho instead of Caye Deocho. Yeah, and he's got a whole ad campaign, and shit, it's gonna it's the second time that the Martinez concept has been popularized under a different name and stolen from me.
Speaker 1: I think I think you should actually make it. You should really make that what men start calling the Martini the Martinez.
Speaker 2: I like that for some reason.
Speaker 3: I like it a lot, you know, back in the day, and this is another masculine thing. I was shaking tequila and just having it, just shaking in port and I would order as I want of Martinez, and they didn't know what I was talking about. And then after doing this for like two years, somebody was started doing the same thing and brands with the tacchini, which sounds like bikini. It's extremely feminine sounding. I couldn't order it again, and I lost my Martinez brand. So I re invigorated the Martinez brand with this drink, and he's stealing it again.
Speaker 2: Maybe we need to put it in a can for you, for Martinez cal That could be all right, That could be all right.
Speaker 1: No sellers live the lunch hour Monday, Wednesday and Friday at twelve noon, not twelve ten noon twelve noon.
Speaker 2: Forgive us.
Speaker 1: It's my fault. Pete actually beat me here and still I've been waiting on still. I thought Still had it set up because I had been texting you back and forth about setting it up. So to get here and realize he didn't have it set up, then I had to delete some videos to make space we need.
Speaker 3: Changed his name from Norm st e E l E to st I L l waiting.
Speaker 2: Still still waiting. I like that.
Speaker 1: Still waiting again Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon not noon ten or twelve ten Pacific time.
Speaker 2: Click the thumbs up. But let everybody know you up in this thing. Do that solid for me. If you're on.
Speaker 1: YouTube, if you on Twitter, retweet it's you on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Share it.
Speaker 1: We did incredible numbers last Friday. It was our first time doing big number. Shut out to everybody who bought us lunch. Shout out to everybody who gonna buy us lunch today. Click the link in the description. Subscribe to the No Seller's podcast. The reason we do this is because of the actual podcast. Again, the video portions of this is a live stream. We actually have a podcast called No Seilings. It's Apple Podcasts anywhere you get your podcasts. Executive produced by Charlemagne to God Black Effect Network.
Speaker 2: That's his company in iHeart Media, conglomerate.
Speaker 3: I think we need a podcast for this week.
Speaker 2: This week WI.
Speaker 1: Podcast Facts Fact And so soon as I leave here, I got to do the community.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna be working, So I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna do this for our people and however long it oh, it is how long ago did community?
Speaker 3: Anyone's contributions Today are gonna go to glasses throat Lozenges, man, gonna talk about seven hours in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I gotta do this one, and then I gotta do the community, and then after that we got to do the podcast that releases tomorrow. You go to talk about the first one hundred days of the new presidency, So hopefully we can tackle that. That's something that's been on my mind. But what's bothering me is right, So Kendrick albums. Kendrick drops a surprise album called gn X.
Speaker 2: Right, which is it's his best album by far, You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Shout out to everybody in the chat, too lifted, Mason, Squishy my Dosh, my heart squishes my heart, Kelvin Sudis, Uh, what a Deucemack, I see you, Mason, name brand, Ms Bonham, Jean washed up with it?
Speaker 2: Brody.
Speaker 1: Yet we end this time right here going crazy, charis what's the deal? Uh, it's been interesting. I listened to the album about four or five times.
Speaker 2: I listened to the album about four or five times.
Speaker 1: I stand on the fact that this album is DoD's best album by far. Too it's not even closed. This is the time he connected everything together. Like you could hear the confidence even the music video. Shout out to the music video if you didn't see it. The music video drop for Squabble Up. Squabble Up is probably gonna be a top three album or top three songs in the country when when the Billboard charts come out.
Speaker 2: It's that kind of really great song. I thought.
Speaker 3: I also saw a video with what's her name on? The other song was one damn It Luther.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he probably shot a lot of videos because this is a really dope project.
Speaker 3: I've seen some girls reposting him in that in that other chick running in a meadow or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe why not.
Speaker 3: I'm never in the right meadows at the right time.
Speaker 1: Sis is called she and she talited that that. You know, I got to hook you up with her, Pete. I don't know if she really get down with the roses, but I gotta hook you up with her.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm always down to get you know, completely rejected and humiliated publicly. That's great. I've never done that.
Speaker 2: I think that's gonna happen, Pete. She might be your wife.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this much. I'll make a really lucrative bet that that is what happened that could take me out of some debt.
Speaker 2: I might. I might have a bet. I think she might give you some play. You might tell your world of capital will be very happy to get their money back. So mind you.
Speaker 1: I listened to the Kendrick album.
Speaker 2: And it's great. It's by far a best album.
Speaker 1: Again, I agree with that classic is more about timing, so I don't really get into that, but I'm talking about just listening to the records, listening to the music, listening to the way the album is constructed.
Speaker 2: Like I got a chance to listen to it more.
Speaker 1: I knew it off the first listen because I've been studying music for so long that I can hear what's going on. So I know when it's you know when it got a feel. And that record is incredible, you know what I mean? Again, The squadb Love video comes out today, so after you hop off this live, make sure you go check out that squab Love video.
Speaker 2: Saturday.
Speaker 1: My partner Ali. Shout out to the Saint Lunatic. Shout out to Nelly, My love from the lou Shout out to Murph who put me on the album one of the first albums I ever been on that wasn't like that was a platinum artist from somebody else. Shout out to Ali, who's been like a great voice of hip hop and understanding for me to get a better understanding with somebody that has been instrumental in another movement. Them dudes, you know, single handedly put on Saint Louis, you know what I mean. So I really love my boys from the Ticks, man, I don't care what they got going on with each other. I love all of them dudes, you know what I mean. And I'm grateful for what they were able to do for me growing up and having some kind of understanding about Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Oh, they got to get.
Speaker 3: Ali on here, man, I didn't realize that was him. I started seeing him like on social media and should and I leave any old kind of name, you know, And it's kind of like the kind of name that I would figure just for no reason at all, that like a very contemplative thinkers type of guy's name, a lot a lot of like the black muscle people, very thinker oriented types. And I didn't realize for at first until like the fourth or fifth time I saw that that was that guy, I'm like, oh, we gotta get this. This guy's great because I might.
Speaker 1: Was this spring anyway, these sharp I hate when him and I hate when he talked about Nelly, and I hate when Nelly talking about I don't like that. But again, that's not my business, you know, because I know Nelly is my motherfucking low, you know what I'm saying. And I love Ali too, like I love them for helping each other. I love Ali teaching him, so I always stay down no matter what. Like I'm a tick, I'm not involved in none of y'all falling out. I love the ticks, nigga. That's how I request, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Can we do a show directly across the street, directly across the street from Saint Louis Cardinals Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 3: It's a great barbecue joint called Salt and Smoke, and you can sit there eating ribs and you can see the whole stadium like this through the window. It's a phenomenal venue. I would love to do that.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, yea, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like the third of January, I got no patience, Okay, boy, it's cold there.
Speaker 2: I got patients.
Speaker 3: It's cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, shout out to Lee's.
Speaker 2: He called me and he had a good brother.
Speaker 1: I forgot Will's last night, but we'll work at He did something with one O six of Park a couple people, and you could tell talking to him. He's a really sharp dude on hip hop. And obviously he saw my tweets. Obviously I've been tweeting up a storm, like I'm so proud of Doc, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: My brother is really on another.
Speaker 1: Level, and I just totally enjoy you know, him at the pinnacle of his powers, and I love how he's using his power, Like I love what he's doing with his power. Again, I told y'all Friday, I think it took Doc becoming a big homie for him to truly hit his pinnacle peak.
Speaker 2: Maybe even a parent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It probably has something to do with him being a parent too, And I'm just so impressed, you know what I mean. It's like, honestly, it's like hearing my favorite guys that I grew up listening to, and that's really hard because I'm an adult now. So I'm just uber impressed cause like I am fired up.
Speaker 3: You what kind of reminds me of go ahead, Like when you would see like a young basketball player, like say like it rather like Tracy McGrady. He comes in and it's like this guy's it, and it kind of takes a couple of years, and you know, it's kind of under the Vince shadow. You're nineteen years old, eighteen years old getting into the league, tall, kind of gangling, and then all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: This fucking guy holy.
Speaker 1: Shit, except he been on top of the game since he started, Like he he sure the first day he was a plan to Mac, you know, I mean not the first day, but like the first album, I think he did, like.
Speaker 3: But like realizing particular, this is what we knew it was there, and now it's here.
Speaker 2: And now you see it on the court, like it took Upbron a few years.
Speaker 3: I'mber seeing Lebron playing high school at a poly pavilion. I'm like, oh boy, it was it when he started, but after a few years it was really it.
Speaker 1: So will cost me with Leezy and Leezy puts him on the joint and he saw my tweets. I've been tweeting up a storm and he said, man, you really think this is Kendrick's best album, And I'm like, yeah, this is Kendrick's best album by far. He's like, man, are you saying that because it's sound like the West Coast and I'm not.
Speaker 3: Talk to steal in advance.
Speaker 1: Well and and that and that kind of started me into like a real deep conversation with him about hip hop, right, explaining hip hop is all about street urban culture, you know, personified through these arts and elements.
Speaker 2: I had to really start from the beginning and put it back together.
Speaker 1: From Sylvia Robinson and sugar Hill, from Larry Smith and Houdini to Marli Moore.
Speaker 2: I had to put understand this.
Speaker 1: No Ali got it, a Lea get it. That's one person who don't have no problem understeady. He know what has to be done.
Speaker 3: If they didn't have such a distinct sound they were, then they're dirty from Montgomery, Alabama. They're just two. There's just some guys rapping facts.
Speaker 1: So you know again, I start to recreate hip hop for him. I'm like, Yo, this is hip hop. I started to recreate hip hop for him, right, I'm like, the records are supposed to sound culturally like correct, now, the West doesn't just root itself in front. But there's a pace of life, there's a rhythm of light, like BPM stands for beats permitted, heart beats permitted.
Speaker 3: Right, that's a cool question. And I don't mean to call the guy out. It has nothing to do with him, but I felt like there was some meat left on the bone with a guy like Jalla, I didn't get such a great this is DC has a vibrant urban culture and Maryland the whole d MV it really really does. I didn't really feel like I got as much of that as I would have wanted.
Speaker 2: Out of LA.
Speaker 3: There was some of it to a degree, you know, undeniably, but I thought there was room there for it to hit the way Nelly hit out of Saint Louis and go wow, I could taste of sauce on this, I could tear. I gotta get a napkin.
Speaker 1: But but if again in that same conversation, and yes, that that's why I think Wila is who's a tremendous record maker, while one of the most record makers I ever saw in hip hop with my own eyes for.
Speaker 3: Sure, not saying anything otherwise.
Speaker 1: No, No, I do think because there is a level of pasteurized culture that's happening in hip hop over the last fifteen years. You don't have monumental artists to the same statue of a phenomenon like a.
Speaker 2: Dog or a whole or a wang.
Speaker 1: You don't have that phenomenon because really it's just music now.
Speaker 3: And to what extent. Like you know, a lot of the guys that you mentioned, they came in and they had that landmark producer with them, that had that had a sound with them that was the first off that city he didn't really have that. Meek Mill and Philly didn't really have. They were so talented that a giant, you know, hip hop conglomerate of swords. I need that. And now you're rapping on their sound a.
Speaker 1: Little bit to a degree, Okay, shout out to Marcel Wailea is a Nigerian immigrant. He isn't steep in DC culture like a American. That makes sense fair, Oh yeah, And now I.
Speaker 3: Was always surprised that like Baltimore didn't have a guy pop off with its own sound and that whole like that. That's a that's an epicenter that I thought really would have like just done it. You know, by now.
Speaker 2: Sure, shout out off. That's because Wiler is from outskirts.
Speaker 1: Maybe so, but even the outskirts of d C would be bathed in DC culture.
Speaker 3: Sugar Freak from Pomona. I mean, he's from Compton, but he's from Pomona.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Pomona's hell of season. Weirdly, like you know, I know.
Speaker 3: Far out the outskirts of DC, I.
Speaker 1: Know you no, I know, Pomona feels like it is far from LA.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 1: Pomona is a good thirty five minute drive from Pomona, but Pomona is its own cultural epicenter of Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 3: Shut up in the garfy track, man, they do it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, pete like crazy like them niggas.
Speaker 3: My best friend from college is from from the dirt and Pomona. I spend so much time there, so much time. I was there every weekend for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Pomona is one of those places that, even though it's not close to the center of Los Angeles, it is fucking Hella West.
Speaker 2: It is Hella like them niggas. Is some shit.
Speaker 1: But okay, let me get back to it. So he was telling me this, and I noticed he said that, and I said dog, Like imagine saying is four hundred degrees to New Orleans or if the Diary is to Houston, or is Blueprint one to New York?
Speaker 2: Like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: What is it about the West Coast that things can become too West Coast? Why is that a true thing? Like we excect like we would never tell Chief Keith his music is too drill. It's too drill. I don't know about this. You know the reason y'all think it is a classic in Chicago because it's so drilled and I just didn't get it, and it it made me start to really like we all say this, we all just as artists, that there is this weird there's this weird there's this weird thing about West Coast acts, right whereas like you could be too West Coast, Like I've heard people say that, but you don't say that about future. Future music sound like fucking Atlanta, like Georgia, Like that ship is Hella Georgia. I've never heard a nigga be like, you know what that new Future album is to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: It's just in Atlanta, That's what I'm saying. But I.
Speaker 1: Say Future is to Atlanta is to Atlanta. This is way to Atlanta. I don't want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Listen to the Atlanta Slangy's doing and the beach it's to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: What question, Like what is I mean? Because his sound he does sound very dungeony. But Atlanta's had you know, they had that, they had, They've had a lot of different kind of types of sounds come out of Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Over the years.
Speaker 3: I think something that has to do with the duration of the fact that LA's sound is has been going on for a very long time. Like like like drill like you like you, and I don't hear it as so much as you hear it. I'm a layman, but like say, drill to do or die, it doesn't sound the same so much to me. I understand, like the tempos and stuff might be the same, but it does sound not It doesn't sound like it's a continuation so directly from from that type of type of vibe. But I you know, again, I'm a layman's ear.
Speaker 2: Well I mean.
Speaker 3: Again, man the same way like Rick doesn't sound like Luther in that sense, you know what I mean? It sounds very Miami cool and dre It sounds crazy Miami.
Speaker 1: But so this is the problem with Luke right, specifically Luke about Rick Ross and Luke Right. Okay, so Luke right, Luke is his producer is a California guy, right, that created a Miami based sound that's a party sound versus versus Ross music that's just really Southern.
Speaker 2: To a degree, right, because continuation of the trick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's more exactly, it's more of an extension of what Trick was doing. But again, it's like all West Coast music don't sound one way like Battlecat sounds nothing like Doctor.
Speaker 2: Dred true very true like and Quick.
Speaker 1: And Cat don't sound nothing like Quick and Quick music don't sound nothing like Warren. So it's just weird that when it comes to West Coast music that people feel like, oh, you know, like Glasses, you like it because it's so West Coast. Well, imagine me telling you you like the Ticks because it sounds so Saint Louis, or me telling a Brooklyn dude on like the you know.
Speaker 2: Like, for example, like Illmatic sounds hell in New York.
Speaker 1: I've never thought to myself and man y'all lonely saying it's a classic because it sounds so New York. I don't understand what the hell is going on. But I never in my life thought to myself, so man, this New York.
Speaker 3: For me, I think it would be like if it was the name of the guy who got in all the trouble, who was hot out of New York.
Speaker 2: Schmurder, Yeah, Bob, Like that.
Speaker 3: Didn't sound like it was just like trying to pull real heavy off of like that illmatic kind of premiere with it, like like like that type of sound, you know what I mean. So I really don't know, but there I mean like that, I haven't heard a song of his in a long long time, so I'm going off with like distant memories. But you kind of know what I'm saying like that, it doesn't sound quite so much like it doesn't sound like when I hear in New York music. I I I just see people slam dunking basketball's at the Rucker, you know what I mean. And I didn't hear that with Pop Smoke or him quite to that degree. So I am I don't shout out.
Speaker 1: To j Paesos. And this is a great point. Much love brother. It's my first time seeing you on the chat again. This is no Sinners Live the Lunch hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon.
Speaker 2: Pacific Standard time. Click that thumbs up button.
Speaker 1: Let everybody know you here going to description subscribe to the No Sentner's podcast.
Speaker 2: The reason we do this The No Sentner's.
Speaker 1: Podcast on Apple Podcasts anywhere you get your podcasts. Executive produced by Charlomagne and God Black Effect and the iHeart. It's the new consumer not understanding hip hop roots in general.
Speaker 2: And that's what it is.
Speaker 1: That's exactly. But you know what's funny, Jay Glad you said it. This has been my issue over the last fourth ten years, right when blogs took over hip hop. I tell my partners from ADHD all this time when blogs took over hip hop because the college kids kind of got involved, and they are when the consumer started controlling what was going out to everybody else the consumer.
Speaker 3: It's literally like if I was in charge of hip hop instead of glasses, is what this happened?
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly exact.
Speaker 1: And it's like the streets used to give the green light to be represented, like right, music had to pass through the streets for people to be like, yeah, this represents us fine enough here you guys can happen to pass through me now it's passing through Pete and guys at universities that's trying to understand.
Speaker 2: So that's where I think you get the narrative. And it's funny.
Speaker 1: Because this is why I've always said, and people, hey, when I say this that the Owl is not hip hop.
Speaker 2: This is why you are confused because you that's your gold standard of what you think hip hop is. And his sound is pasteurized. Yeah, nothing about his sound. You understand anything about Toronto.
Speaker 1: So most of the last listeners over the last fifteen years have built their understanding. If you came into hip hop in the last fifteen years, if you came into the art just observing the art, listening to the music, you built everything based off of what you thought that was.
Speaker 3: Sure, can we do a little bit of a and I need you it.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Cuz, shout out to Drake who just did this interview, because where it just looked dumb and then that is like talking shit and I'm like, they like, man, you know, he looking stupid.
Speaker 2: I'm like, cuz he always.
Speaker 1: Looked like this, Like he always looked like this, Like there is a cultural ignorance, cause that's happening.
Speaker 2: That nobody called out because you just didn't know it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because everybody getting laid to the song, so nobody complains when they dig up you feel me and and proverbially.
Speaker 1: And so that's why hip hop is at this lost space. It's lost and to where somebody calls me and feels like, man, well, you only think this is the best Kendrick album because a Compton nigga sounded like he was from Compton.
Speaker 3: That's the only I mean, like, look, I want to be very honest with you. This is gonna get me thrown out of here in two seconds. I like this album more than the rest of them. I didn't really like any of the other ones, but for that reason, because I'm like, I don't need to hear a rapper rap for the sake of it. I'll be like, I'll be very honest if it's not like really funny, really insightful, or painting a picture of a place that I really just don't go everyr fucking day, it's just a guy rapping for the sake of it. And that was what a lot of those were, Like swimming Pools is any old song, it's a cool Song's I mean, I'm not saying that the talent like that. He doesn't go in the fucking studio and crush it but what he's handed to crush it on or whatever the hell? This is different than those Yes, this is different than right. That's another word.
Speaker 2: Fats, my brother, Fats was the deal. Fats. Why y'all hate Drake so bad?
Speaker 3: Because he says Drake and me, that's why he hates me.
Speaker 1: I don't hate Drake, bro, I don't look. I don't know if anybody else hates Drake. I'll be honest with you, Bro, I don't hate Drake.
Speaker 2: Bro. I have zero hate for Drake. I'm not even lying to you.
Speaker 3: It's a thing.
Speaker 1: The dude is a talented artist. He's a dope rapper. He makes great rap songs. I don't hate him. But if I can identify something that is true, it's not hate. If I tell you Drake Ross right is not the greatest authentic representation of being a d boy, or that his raps are composed in a fantasy land, it's not hate.
Speaker 2: I love his music. It's the two things can be two.
Speaker 1: They could be true, like John Jay is not a real person, but his movies are awesome.
Speaker 3: Rick and Trick are not the same guy with the same background. Yes, they're just not.
Speaker 1: Shout out to revenge with something no sellings with up my boy. No, this is literally the best Kendrick album I played. It's by far the best Kendrick album Revenge twenty two times. It's by far the best album. Yeah, like, it's the best album by far, it's by far the best album. Shout out to my boy EP. What's handling? This is my first time seeing you in the chat, no glasses. We tired y'all bullying are rappers and killing them. We haven't killed anybody.
Speaker 3: Sure, Okay, just real quick and I need.
Speaker 2: EP.
Speaker 3: Can you comment back on this question? Who are our rappers to you? That's all I because I don't know you.
Speaker 1: EP is Oh, shout out to my boy E props from Flatbys what up?
Speaker 2: Care? What's the deal?
Speaker 1: But we didn't that's not us, bro, that's a even what happened with Big was a professional job. I had nothing to do with the street. None of us didn't like Big Bro. We niggas played here like that, literally, I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I thought he just meant like you're bashing are the rappers that he likes or something like the audience's rappers at large. I like that that could have been taken a lot of ways. That's one to make sure we took it the right way.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Bella MaTx for the fifty dollars she bought us lunch on her own today, the greatest, Thank you so much. Uh, welcome back, Adam mary or Bruise. I do I hate it. I don't hate him.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think most people hate Drink, even the guys that say they hate him.
Speaker 2: I don't think nobody hate Drake. But it's just okay.
Speaker 3: He's Mape Street, Maple Street. You know, it's cool.
Speaker 1: So the thing is right, like, this is a really talented guy. He's a well studied guy, and he's a genius and a creative monster in his own rights. But there's a confusion. He does not empower the culture. The culture empowered him.
Speaker 3: Who is the guy? There was a white guy who was big in jazz, authentic jazz, not Kenny G. I'm talking like in the nineteen.
Speaker 1: Fifties I'm talking about he's like him.
Speaker 2: He's like Kenny G.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, he's not like Kenny G. He's like that other guy that I'm thinking of whose name I can't.
Speaker 2: The other guy. I think he's Kenny G.
Speaker 3: No. This is thirty years before k forty years for KG. But he played authentic, real like he played like jazz as it was like jazz jazz, not ninety four point seven in the afternoon jazz.
Speaker 1: Uh No, because he don't know. I think he's Kenny G. I think Drake plays jazz horn. I think he plays the sacks over pop records. That's pretty much what he does. But it's still good jams. It's still great jams. Like there's nobody hate this guy. Niggas love this nigga music. I like his everybody likes his music in the chat or Chet Baker or Dave Burbick, now they all.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 1: I don't again again, it's it's it's a different conversation, right, It's like, and this is why be saying where it's a weird thing when people talk about hip hop and then when it comes to the West, it could be identified like, well, you don't even think this is a great album because it sounds like the West Coast. Well, I think Reasonable Doubt is a great album because it sounds like New York. And I think four hundred Degrees is a fantastic album because it sounds like New Orleans. And I think Untouchable is a fantastic album because it sounds like Houston. And I think you Know a Bones first album is a great EP because it sounds like Cleveland.
Speaker 2: That's hip hop. That's fucking hip hop.
Speaker 1: If a West Coast artist wraps over Southern beats, it's pop music.
Speaker 2: That's what y'all don't get. This is what pop music does.
Speaker 1: They take successful genres of music, they take seasoning out of it, take seasoning out of it, and then make it digestible for everybody. It's Taco Bell. It's what Taco Bell represents the Mexican food. It's what Kentucky Fried Chicken represents the soul food.
Speaker 2: It's the same effort.
Speaker 1: So it's just weird to me that the West Coast gets singled out like that.
Speaker 2: It's just weird. It's just weird shout out to ep see justifying what the West do. He got killed because of puff. That's wrong. It's not the West.
Speaker 1: Every move that happens in California is not a representation of our street urban culture. Every move is not a thing that we decide openly like, hey, we have a problem like that, Like we don't. Nobody had a problem with Big Bro. Nobody had a problem with Big in the streets at all. Like people wasn't saying fuck Big. And I wasn't a prime of my life during that beef, you know, I was coming into my adulthood, you know what I'm saying. So nobody was like, man, fuck Biggie. Even when they were warring with Pac and Biggie. Even when Pac died, nobody was like, man, fuck Big. Nobody thought Big had anything to do with it. Nobody thought Big. So it was never a collaborative effort of the streets to get rid of Big. Like that's just I can't say us the same thing with what's the brother name that that got killed at roscos P and b Rock.
Speaker 2: That was not a.
Speaker 1: Collaborative effort, a collaborative effort of our streets to hurt another rapper. That was just somebody wearing a lot of jury in a location where poor people you feel me congregate and you know what I mean. He had a situation where somebody tried to rob him, things went bad and they killed it. That can happen in every ghetto in America. That can happen in every ghetto in America. But this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: EP.
Speaker 1: There's no way we could all hate the East Coast. The reason we rap period and make hip hop is because of these coasts that don't even make sense. So but as far as as far as that, I just really been thinking about it. I think people genuinely hate the West Coast. I'm telling you, I think people hate the West Coast. Now, listen, Glasses, Lowe is different. I go everywhere and I get love.
Speaker 2: That's true. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I really get love I don't have. But again, I'm not I'm just one.
Speaker 2: Person out of the West. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I'm telling you, when you hear somebody say Glasses, when you hear somebody say man, Glasses, you only like the New Kendrick album because it sounds.
Speaker 2: Like the West Coast, That's just crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've never in my life heard that about Future's album. And y'all only like Future album, Y'll only saying Dirty Sprite Too is a classic because it sounds so southern.
Speaker 2: That's just weird. What am I missing? Pete?
Speaker 3: I think that there is an inherent Like I said, I think most of the rest of the country looks at looks at the LA hip hop scene as being like fortuitously fortuitously located such that it's impact and influence is outsized to that degree, and there's some resentment there, you know. You know that that would be my speculation, like if the industry was located in another town Chicago or Dallas or somewhere else where you were adjacent to the movie industry where all the music was made there whatever else, Like they're you know, like like there, anything that comes out of there just has to be from out of there, and it's impact or influence or it's regard or whatever is Like I think they think like artificially propped up in a sense, whereas if you're from Timbuktu, there's more it's more of an uphill battle, you know what I'm saying. So I think that maybe some of that like oh, well, you know, it's not any better than mc so and so from God knows where. It just happens to be that it's seventeen seconds from the epicenter of all things marketing, distribution, and broadcasting. Therefore, it gets blown up through the stratosphere just just purely for existing. You know what I'm saying. I think that there is some of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now that's right.
Speaker 3: I just think that that's that's some of the psychology.
Speaker 1: Shout out to my brother DT. Same reason they hate the Lakers, LA crime. Now listen, I'm not saying I don't understand why we're on a sonic island. I definitely understand sonically while we're why we are on an island, you know what I mean? The West to dop funk, you know what I mean, and everybody else kind of went other places. Midwest kind of went more R and B when it came to the hip hop, right, you start thinking, do a guy bone Kanye. It's more R and B into it. The South went more to blues, you know what I'm saying. And I get it. So I get again, the West is on, you know, a sonic island, right because we are far from the rest of There's likely.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred miles of sand between the fifteen Freeway and the thirty five in.
Speaker 1: Fact, so no, so I get why. You know, sonically we can seem on an island, right because we do have a different weather, We do have a dreamy weather. We do have a festive scene even in the winter. You feel me, I get it. I'm not I'm not disagreeing with that. Shout out to Ravens who makes this is what I'm talking about. I don't think you guys get how harsh the West signature sound is to the typical ear of a Southerner. If you don't attempt more than five listens, it's hard to understand the world of sound. Ironically revenged, that's the point I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I totally.
Speaker 3: Out of California a lot of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the point that I'm saying. I don't disagree that. That's my point. I get why the sound it's it's different, like the South kind of has a united sound together, there are nuanced differences. What Houston does is not quite what Atlanta does, but that's not quite what Memphis does, and that's not quite what Miami does.
Speaker 2: There are nuanced differences go ahead.
Speaker 3: At the same time. Also in that part of the country, there's there's a purple spectrum. Saint louis for being Midwest, is very southea. You know, you got guys that come out of Louisville Louisville is not really the South. It's not really there's if you think of it like in terms of geography, like Australia, like the Cut, like Perth. It's like the most remote major city of the world. It's like on the west coast of Australia, it's separated by forever. California is separated by a huge gap. So it's not like you drift a little over to Phoenix, and Phoenix sounds a little Texas, it sounds a little California. No, it's it's just a lot of California transplants moved to east out to ten and it doesn't have its own identity. And then you go beyond that and it's no man's land for one thousand miles. It's not like Texas. Yeah, and even so, like Texas is right by New Orleans, is right by memphisis right by I mean, it's no, and it's is far from Saint Louis to Memphis as it is from La to Vegas.
Speaker 2: But that's my point though, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: My point is California is as far as urban culture, we're on the island. Yeah, like you you can see why New York, New Jersey, Philly.
Speaker 3: It sounds terribly different than New York.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't but.
Speaker 1: The sonics of the music don't the accent the culture of how they talk, but the sonics of the music is not far are exactly because again it's it's an hour to get.
Speaker 3: Even La and the Bear further apart.
Speaker 1: Than the New York Baltimore Yeah, which is Yeah, which is in Maryland, which is four states over. And that's my point. So we are on an item. So I get to every fan out there.
Speaker 2: Shout out to.
Speaker 1: Every fan again, this is No Silller's Live to Lunch Hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday noon Pacific standard time. I know you at work. We were here to kind of had this conversation while you at work. You feel me and entertain you while you're eating your Lunchfore you get back to that cubicle, or you get back to operating on that patient or whatever you gotta do. When that one o'clock time hits, click the thumbs up button. Let everybody know you here go under the description subscribe to the No Seller's.
Speaker 2: Podcast asap today.
Speaker 1: Subscribe to the No Seller's podcast uh on Apple Podcasts anywhere you get your podcasts, The No Sillings podcast executive produced by Charlomagne and God Black Effect Network in my heart. So yeah, it's surgeons that's in No Silllings. It's surgeons that I got a DM from a surgeon who says he loves the lunch hour and he really listened to it on his lunch.
Speaker 2: Break for real. I ain't joking.
Speaker 1: So you know this lunch hour worked out for all of you productive human beings that's here. It's at a reasonable time as we speak, right, Homie again, shout out to Kelvin. Kelvin said, I'm an engineer. If it's a flex, I'm you it is a flexing those silllings, Kevin that you're an engineer. It might not be a flex in other places, but Kevin and no, in the lunch hour, that's a flex, Brody. And I'm happy engineers here having this intelligent conversation. I hope the conversations inspire you outside to have doper conversations with your homeboys at the barbershop when you're taking your time off of work.
Speaker 2: But definitely being an engineer as a flex. So again.
Speaker 1: Again, right, we are on a sonic island, right, we are on a sonic island.
Speaker 2: The South does share common themes in sounds.
Speaker 1: The Midwest, you know, all of those states are close, so they do share a common theme in sound. And there's multiple cultures right that that make it work, you know what I mean. Chicago has its own mainstay culture, Detroit, which is not that far, Cleveland.
Speaker 2: You know, all these places are hours from each other.
Speaker 1: Mind you to get out of California, like to go to the northernest state in California, you feel me, would take you sixteen hours driving terrible to go to the eastest state right with to be Nevada, or you know what I mean, Or Arizona, that's four to five hours, you feel me. So we don't share what the rest of the country here, you know what I'm saying. But even even Arizona, Portland, Seattle, Nevada, those places are far. Like remember you could be in New York City shout out to space stout Pharaoh, because that's true. We do have a z we do have Oregon, we do have Washington, we do have Nevada, we do have New Mexico, we do have Colorado.
Speaker 2: That is all the West. But those places are far, they're far.
Speaker 3: And to a degree. I mean, I live in Oakland for a couple of years. It's it's kind of the same weatherwise, but it's kind of not like you're not. It's cold. It's colder. You go in to Portland and Seattle. A lot of what makes California culture, Southern California culture work is the outdoor, the summer. To all that that't that's not barre In Portland Seattle, it's cold all the goddamn time. It's a different people move different, it's a different lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Jerry me Cold. Thank you for being in the chat. My boy.
Speaker 1: I don't care Sonic get from. If TV off ain't hitting for you, I don't know if you can be helped. Facts, that's facts.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Portland because Portland has just frankly speaking, I didn't realize. I was on MLK in Portland one time and I saw a Nike place. MLK in Portland is the widest street I've ever been on in my life.
Speaker 2: Shout out to.
Speaker 1: D I'm a really honest salesman. My boy really is an honest salesman. Shout out to Bella Mack. This is a great question.
Speaker 2: Why is it.
Speaker 1: Whenever I visit the state down south or Midwest, they never want me to play West Coast music. They say the West Coast is whack when it comes to music. I think that's because again, it's not so much of what's happening. I think there's a I think what's happening in hip hop it's getting lost on the music. And I think it's because of the last fifteen years the people in power. I think J Cole makes a very you know, gestible version of pop music. You know what I mean that that has a hip hop front, you know, I mean has a rap face, that has a hip hop face, but it's a little bit more gentrified and pasteurized. It doesn't truly have a home. It doesn't. You don't get the culture that's from North Carolina. And again even with Drake, you don't get the true street urban culture of Toronto.
Speaker 2: Hip hop was built on culture.
Speaker 3: Just look at the cultural sense you get from listening to J Cole versus P D Papmo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like exactly great or The Baby. Yeah, you know the Country Twain in The Baby. You could feel the country Twain in PD Pablo. But even what they do is not as let's say as country as an outcast or as country as let's say, even a juvenile, right, there is still a subtle difference.
Speaker 3: And all the rappers a como out of memphisis that very and and and generally like it. Like you say, it is a different tempo, it's a different sound. It is a different it's it's it's like a hole. It's not like I don't hear West Coast music out here, you know, but songs, if you're out of place, they kind of flow from one to another. And then you don't flow as seamlessly in and out of a West Coast song and an ocean of of of Southern songs.
Speaker 1: Again, there the tempo is a world of different, right, If you come from a sixty two bpm song to one hundred bpm song, it's a night and day different.
Speaker 2: But again that's truly what sound did.
Speaker 1: Sound is not so much the fact that we build it off of funk, but it's the pace of life, right, the heart.
Speaker 2: Beats per minuted, the beats like the old school synthesizer sound.
Speaker 3: It's the yeah, you're really changing what you're doing on the dance floor when you come in and out of that like that.
Speaker 2: But but mid but mind you you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's it's like the South and the Midwest tempos are close to the same. Yeah, the East Coast and our tempos are close to the same. But again, music going from here to there means it needs to pass places that have really great music.
Speaker 3: So the South and the Midwest are more country parts of the more as you said, more country parts of the country. They are more rural parts of the country in that sense.
Speaker 1: My brother tysan Garcia, I see you. I'm glad you here today. Man, you made it.
Speaker 2: You're still on time. Bam.
Speaker 1: This is a great This is a great too. Shout out to the hommies on You know why I love Twitter, bro. Twitter is really the smartest platform. You meet the most smart people and intelligent people on Twitter. I think Instagram is for people that ain't really that bright. Maybe TikTok and snapchat are the worst, but Twitter, for sure are the smartest people on social media. So shout out to X Shout out to Elon forgetting that, because I really think the greatest contributors of of of of of social media content comes from Twitter.
Speaker 3: I spent an hour trying to set up a new Twitter like four days ago.
Speaker 2: Still different.
Speaker 3: Threat.
Speaker 2: I got to hit eline to get you.
Speaker 3: Four different names.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Bam.
Speaker 1: But wouldn't you say the Internet that's bridged a lot of sounds over the lands.
Speaker 2: But that's the problem.
Speaker 1: See, you gotta get off the Internet, right because that's not where hip hop lives. Hip Hop is not the Internet. Hip hop is outside the front door. The way people talk culture, the Internet doesn't have a culture. The Internet is mainstream.
Speaker 3: It's the Internet has no channels essentially. So as much as the Internet, you could look at it and in theory think, oh, the Internet has no walls. It's a landscape that you know, you can. It's also a landscape that lends itself to people congregating into like iopic ecosystems. You know, that's and that's very true. Like ideologically people people think the same way. They block everyone that disagrees with them, and they congregate to everyone that thinks like them.
Speaker 1: Sure, so you miss out on the experience anyway, which means you scary to go outside because that shit is outside. Shout out to lux Dirty. I remember g Malone and me having an hour long conversation about why Drake is popping not hip hop. I remember that conversation tracks that was a really and it's funny because people think that like I hate him versus really that this is just my simple stance, Like it's just.
Speaker 2: Not it's that.
Speaker 1: Don't mean he's not fantastic or dope. It's just crazy that people confuse it too, like, oh, it's because I don't like you, like that don't matter if people in hip hop I can't that don't make music half as good as Drake. Like, it's so many people in hip hop that are nowhere near a great at making records or culturally, you know, prevaying you know what they should that I don't enjoy in hip hop itself, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And I guarantee you somewhere and not somewhere small either, I just don't go there. That there is this same exact conversation happening about some mammoth of a country artist that everybody who's a purist thinks, well, they're not country, they're pomp.
Speaker 2: I promise you that it is happening. Shout out to BAM.
Speaker 1: I was a middle schooler in Chicago, obsessed with West Coast music.
Speaker 2: I thought everyone was a crip over there. Bam.
Speaker 1: I don't know what is the bridge between Chicago and the West, you know, especially southern.
Speaker 3: California's goddamn pea stones.
Speaker 1: But some reason there's a serious bridge that we get each other because I feel the same way about Do or Die. I feel the way. I don't know why, but we get it. You feel me.
Speaker 3: They're not simping heavy over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they players.
Speaker 1: But but again this is my point though, Pete, No, and this is what I can't get. This is what I be on my homeboys at the community about problem, all my friends, Joey Duce, all my whole teams.
Speaker 2: The connection is culture. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Like the Sonic was never the same, right, it could have been a little closer, maybe back in the nineties, because everybody was that far removed from Leon Haywood, you know, the whole country, the whole Black America was twenty years removed, fifteen years removed from Leon Haywoods. I want to do something freaky, right, and then Doctor dra comes out, Right, Doctor Drake comes out and he makes g thing with Snoop dogg off of this black classic across the country.
Speaker 2: So maybe we did share that.
Speaker 1: In common versus now where hip hop is starting to create on his own.
Speaker 2: And that's actually a great point.
Speaker 1: Damn, I just had a crazy epiphany, bro, this is a great point. Well, in the nineties, right when, Damn, that's actually brilliant. Cuz so in the nineties when West Coast hip hop started to take off right and become this dominant presence in hip hop, right, we had our moment. Remember Dre and Them was sampling records from ten to twenty years ago. But these records were considered black classics. Sure, black classics, right, Leon Haywood, I want to do something freaky, right, that's the sample for g thing.
Speaker 2: Right. But every black person because we didn't have a ton of music in the seventies.
Speaker 3: That's why that one Pas song of was It a Million or whatever the hell that hit. It's the principle. It's not my favorite song. It's not the best song he's ever done in my opinion at all, but it's the one that hit the most.
Speaker 2: But but.
Speaker 1: Every black person in the in the it didn't matter if you were in Chicago, it didn't matter if you were in New York, if you didn't, it didn't matter if you was in Florida, Atlanta. They all played Funkadelic, they all played Leon Haywood, they all played all of this stuff, you know what I mean. They played this music all the black people. So when Dre and them sonically, there was a closer bridge, there was a closer bridge. And I think the West benefit is if they realized that there are black songs that do come from the two thousands that are black classic songs amongst the whole country. Yeah, what I think hip hop is doing, especially West Coast hip hop. And I'll be the first person to say this, if if I do have a critigue on the music side of our artistic expression of street urban culture, we are.
Speaker 2: Corrupt. We can freak.
Speaker 1: It is a West Coast classic that's not a Black classic around the country on the underground level, that's a West Coast classic, right And oh, this goes to the point I've been telling Joey. I've been telling Joey, I'm trying to get away with not sampling rap songs. I think hip hop is really hurting itself by sampling rap songs. Right now, there are some rap songs you can sample, but I think we're really hurting ourselves by kind of taking this great idea that we made off of great ideas and then sampling that. It's like making a gourmet meal out of a top ramen.
Speaker 3: It's it's multiplicity. The remember the movie with the guy who played Batman, Yeah, where they have the original guy and he clones himself. He wanted to go to work and be a dad. And then they cloned the clone, and they cloned the clone, and they cloned the clone, and then like the like number five was half retarded.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: What was the name of that guy? Keaton? Michael Keaton played in the movie stupid movie. But it's but it's a fair point. If you copy a copy and copy a copy of a copy, and the same thing's true with like like a photo copy, if you take the original picture, you copy that less quality quad copy that copy, that copy, that cop of that, et cetera.
Speaker 2: No, but think about it, bro, that's what's wrong. That's what's being lost on the West.
Speaker 3: And that's that's kind of true.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you why, because a California classic can be a gold album, you know what I mean, a gold single and never have to get passed, never has it, never has to get to any other culture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say that. I was thinking about that Saturday.
Speaker 3: I was like, you can make insular West coast marketplace music, and it could. It's just great, and no one gives a shit east of Gilbert, Arizona.
Speaker 2: Right and and or past New Mexico.
Speaker 1: And I'm and I'm realizing what fusion and in the sonics, right, it's not the sonics because we all use the same sounds across the country. But I think that's the difference with Doctor Dre, Snoop Q. They were using black classics around the whole country, so the country were more accepting of the melody in what they were doing their rap music over. And then at that point it just became the words.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yes, Djscrew wasn't just slowing shit down. He was making the beats and they were rapping over. But all the songs that hit like pre Little Flip Platinum, like ninety nine and one, those were all R and B classic songs, and they wrapped over them and they were fine, and then they stowed them down and it became super fine. But they were all commisons.
Speaker 1: Barcel, Yes, I mean Motown gets the same slack that dtor Drake gets, right, because Doctor Dre took urban classics and added kind of string leads to them, using a mood keyboard right a lead. And he does take criticism for his sound being popped because that is what pop is. It feels a sonic lane for the buying population past us. That's the same argument that people have when it comes to Stax records and Motown records. Motown records had these big string sections and Stax records out of Tennessee just played the groove.
Speaker 3: That's the separation and that's why I like it. This is probably a controversial take doctor Dre if he didn't have Snoop to really ring that street cultural element visually and also in the way he raps to those beats, if it was just Dre rapping over those beats or somebody else Dre. Oddly enough, because Drey was big before Snoop had a career like that, Chronologically speaking, Dre benefited from Snoop more than Snoop benefited from Dre in that regard.
Speaker 1: I always say, listen, I was at I was at. I didn't want to say it out loud, but I'm gonna make sure I get a dog. Dre needs dog. Yeah, Like at the cornerstone because he dirties up the cleanness of what doctor Dre does. Snoop is such a cultural phenomenon on his own. Bro Like the way even as an adult that he carries himself and he never took his hands off the culture says a lot about what he is when it comes to big hip hop artist, and culturally he's so accepted by still being the culture by mainstream America.
Speaker 2: It's almost unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I hear, here's a question you look at, like the three main individual acts that Dre did, Snoop Eminem fifty right, those be the biggest ones. Each of those three guys individually are earth shakers. Does if j Cole, if his career was, didn't have anything before a doctor? Does doctor Dre and Jake Cole work?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so either.
Speaker 1: It's not seasoned enough for doctor Dre's plate. It's not seasoned enough for the plate of music he creates.
Speaker 3: Dre is a boneless, skinless chicken breast people eat more than any other facts, but you gotta put a lot of shit on it.
Speaker 1: And Snoop is when they fry it with a bunch of season Snoop.
Speaker 2: Is fried chicken red rooster.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, thanks, I agree.
Speaker 2: It's a great point. And Eminem is white rooster, kidd.
Speaker 1: Eminem is like, uh, what do white people do to their chicken that they all love?
Speaker 3: He's a vinaigrette based marinate.
Speaker 2: Is he just like pepper, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: Or he's just he's just clean grilled chicken with some sort of vinaigrette sauce something like that.
Speaker 2: He's just pepper, yeah, And I love pepper and everybody loves.
Speaker 3: Pepper does well. Pepper does has done very well for itself.
Speaker 1: So so so Snoop is hot sauce for sure, he's red roofs for sure. M is just black pepper, and fifth is might be barbecue sauce. Probably is barbecue sauce for Dre's Sonic playing chicken breast, That's what it is. That's a great point.
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 1: I thought that when I was listening to music, I'm like, this music is really clean. Dre is like such a dope ass nigga with Sonics. Bro, this nigga is incredible with this ship, but I think he.
Speaker 2: Can over clean it. Stoop is so fucking filthy that.
Speaker 1: It is like nigga, this is hot sauce like, it didn't even matter if it's no seasoning on this beat.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be hot no matter what.
Speaker 2: It's gonna have some flavor.
Speaker 1: Once you sprinkle that fucking snoop on that ship, that ship gonna turn into some shit.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Shout out to dam How do you conserve a genre of music while still distributing to the masses for consumption? At at some point it's going to be watered down by mimics and posers, right, That's called pop music. It's supposed to be. But the difference is we know it's pop music.
Speaker 3: Damn's on a bit of a roll today.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get that Twitter though. Man, the motherfucker's on Twitter. Bro, they be sharp. You got the traditional trolls, but most of the people on Twitter twitters for smart people because there's no pictures most of the time.
Speaker 2: You have to read, So you know, niggas who don't like reading don't be on Twitter. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know most people that's kind of like pride themselves in the level of ignorance reading you know, reading, I mean just reading.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I tried to make a comment that was sort of required thought on Instagram. I have been getting moronic responses to a comment about the California Water Project for three weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm crying, we need to weeks. You need to read something.
Speaker 3: I've read over a thousand pages about that.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Freddie mac glasses.
Speaker 1: I heard you say you planning on getting some movies going on the community with a good movie in the West Coast soundtrack.
Speaker 2: The sound is undeniable.
Speaker 1: Yes, Look, and I heard y'all talking about that right the film again. I tell y'all all the time, most of the understanding you have on street urban culture in Los Angeles is because we have Hollywood showcasing us, right, So you get the cultural lessons and then you got the music after you got Dope Boy. You didn't get Doe Boy as a rapper intil Snoop came out, right, That's what you got.
Speaker 3: A great movie concepts that a modern day version of Above the Rim, but set to California high school football and call it nil because now you've got so much corruption with the handlers and the agents poaching on these sixteen year olds from the hood, trying to get you know, their money, find their college da da almost kind of a combination of He Got Game and Above the Rim set in LA with the La West Coast soundtracks.
Speaker 2: Shout out the Squishy. They don't wash the chicken. I tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they definitely chicken, But chicken ain't gotta be washing. I don't know what black people's fear of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're cooking it. I mean you can't wash it anywhere thoroughly than putting it over fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Black people have this fear of salmonella and you like, I've never met anybody in my life who had salmonella poisoning.
Speaker 3: I feel like, oh, that's a colon. Never mind. I was like a lot of the shit that comes off of like letters and shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out the band once again for the Twitter honesty. I just be watching and listening. Your points are articulating where I feel like I can give some pushback. But I love the level of intellectual honesty. And that's the point that could come over anytime he wants Yeah you good money, bro, Because honestly, I say this, when I speak, it don't matter which platform. When I go on Bradfist Club, everything is with good faith. Like I'm not trolling ever, Like these are things that I've read, and I study, and I have a I formulated an opinion. It don't make me correct, like I'm not always I'm sure there's some things that I need more information on, but I also did work and everything I'm saying is out of good faith. It's not like I'm trying to guide people into into anything that I believe. I'm just giving you my thought, right. That's the point of social media is to share thoughts with other people and and push your intellect.
Speaker 2: And gain more information. Shout out to Adam A. R.
Speaker 1: Bruce if you're making movies lasses, please complete Monster Cody's project. Please don't play his new African Nationalism. Were talking about doing a Cody movie too. That's crazy you're saying that. We were talking about trying to get our hands on it, and some following me on Instagram. So I've been thinking about getting my hands on the Cody film for a while.
Speaker 2: I think that's a movie that people need to see.
Speaker 1: But again, it's like back to the West Coast point and and me saying that it's like, no, I like all my hip hop. I love all my hip hop bro like very culturally true, Like I don't want to like don't get me wrong. Listen, I enjoy, but I enjoy excuse me, jay Z's album Rock Lie Familiar.
Speaker 2: Right, I could tell he made that for the West Coast. Right.
Speaker 1: I enjoy Snoop's first album with No Limit, where he went and made an album for the South.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed jay Z's Rock Life Familia that he made for the West. I enjoy when people, when bigger artists take time and they make music for other regions, you know, over other regions idea. But again, that's not the cornerstone of what makes those artists great. Hip Hop is culture. Back to that film idea, right, hip hop is culture. That's it leads with culture before music. So that's why the films helped Southern California and northern California so well, because they told you about our culture, and then the artists come and voice the characters from the culture.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: But there is more work to be done with the music and the difference in a Doctor dre and how that was able to work with Snoop Cube and all of those stuff back then versus now where we have the benefit of thirty to forty years of West Coast hip hop that we're leaning on. But then some of the ideas, right, never had to pass New Mexico, never had to pass Colorado, never had to pass Idaho. Right, they never had to pass these places for them to be Gold's success. So it's like there is work to be done with the music because you guys all all are aware of the culture of the West. Now, it was like the music has to come in and do damage. Now, the music has to come in and do damage, you know what I'm saying. And I'm this conversation. Not only did we share things with y'all that makes sense, but I really felt like I got something that's instrumental in the move you know what I mean of what needs to happen with music on the West. Right, it's dope, you know what I'm saying. So man, it's it's it's it's crazy, Pete. When I think about it, bro, what's their.
Speaker 4: Take, Like Like Early Too Short, Early E forty Click and all those guys they had a you know, from the age through in the nineties kind of that they had a sound that.
Speaker 3: Was you know, related to one another. It was very similar. And then you get Rick Rock and tracks a million other guys who really hit that new next that two point oho Hyphie kind of sound up in the Bay that did kind of go more national, but it was a pretty distinguished break in sound from the previous kind of one point zero. What what's your take on that it's applicability to LA and theory or just any of it in general, you know what I mean. I don't see like it's another example like a West Coast city that that did have like a pivot sonically so to speak.
Speaker 1: So one, no, the music didn't go further. So like two short and E forty are still the cultural icon standards for the Bay Area, right, and their music was very much rooted in funk, you know. They they come from the home of confunction. Frankie, Beverly and Mace made their home there, so they kept it true to the music culture. Shut out the Spice one and all of those guys. Those are different type of icons and hip hop. I think I don't quite know. I definitely don't agree that the Hyphie sound was bigger than their sound. I'm not saying that's not what culture of Hyphi was more identifiable, sure, al quate.
Speaker 3: It similarly to like Scarface Houston versus UK screw et cetera.
Speaker 2: No, no Dallas and the detailed boogie when they had they runs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, so it's like Houston's the scarface the screw sound versus Dallas and the boogie right where you could see the Dallas culture, the dougie, the way they were dancing. That's what you got when you got the Hyphie movement versus the traditional what we call the mob sound in the Bay Area, like mob funk. Right, So you can see it sooner you could see it with Fab. You could see the culture, you could see the way they move, you can see the cars. The culture itself really became really identifiable, you know what I mean. You could see it a mile away, and they started talking and all of that stuff. But I still think the original mob sound was, you know, create larger records and larger arg.
Speaker 3: I'm not comparing them. I'm just saying, like it's so far as like that, there was a distinction of two pretty like different types of feels. Yeah, I mean, like I think those guys, I don't know if they're I.
Speaker 1: Think I don't know if it's different as much as they got away from the base, But then they didn't really because Rick rock was still doing some stuff and some of the T shirt Blue Jean t shirts and nights is still a funk.
Speaker 2: Song like like Hi feel like like Federation. Yeah that's Rick.
Speaker 1: Rick is gonna make it because all of that stuff was funky too is when it got the tracks and all of them they weren't really funk.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Sure much love ep uh man. I'm glad you can't make sure you hear Wednesday man. Uh No, sellers lied to lunch hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon. I mean we're cooking, rounding it out. We're coming to an end. We did really good numbers again today. Thank you all for showing up or keep this thing going.
Speaker 3: Doctor Dre is going to hate my guts.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: Doctor Dre really prides him here. Dre really prides himself. He knows that he makes a really great product. Sure, and I don't think he's really worried about keeping it at this point.
Speaker 2: You feel me like.
Speaker 1: Maybe back in his day he cared, but DV on my ass about it, so I don't think he'd give a fuck. But I agree that he is a well prepared chicken breast and that's what he prepares musically right, That's.
Speaker 3: What I'll say, because I doubled down between the bowl of the Skiller's chicken breast and then then the chronic inflammation joke from last week.
Speaker 1: But I like, I like doctor Dre prepares well, you know, well prepared chicken breast, perfect temperature yea. And Snoop is just red rooster hot sauce. Eminem is pepper and fifty is barbecue sauce.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: And that's why right now, because Eminem, even the Eminem Doctor Dre record it was good. Obviously it's correct. Let's i'll use that term. It's done correctly. Like Eminem is like I can't I wrap that motherfucker. That motherfucker nice, you know, But again I think he doesn't have this.
Speaker 2: His pepper is smaller.
Speaker 1: It used to be coarse, like Eminem used to have a coarse black pepper, like big likes of pepper, so when you would eat it, you'd be like, god, damn, this motherfucker is seasoned versus now where he's like the shillings.
Speaker 2: And it's not as seasoned like it's like it's kind of like white pepper.
Speaker 3: Oddly enough, it's like white.
Speaker 1: Pepper enough oddly enough, right, and it's it's not coarse anymore. Prime eminem is coarse black pepper. Course, it course pieces a black pepper. New eminem is like rantulated black pepper, Like it's just on there, you feel me.
Speaker 2: And but again it is fifty.
Speaker 1: He got kids, grew up, you know, he fifty rich lord knows the type of shit he probably go through. I don't even want to get into when people start losing their thorns to some degree as far as feeling like they can challenge the status quot, I don't think that's where he's at anymore. I think he is the status quo, So I don't know if it makes sense for him to challenge it. Sure, and fifty I heard the fifty cent Snoop and Dre record, fifty and Snoop record, and he's still barbecue sauce.
Speaker 3: He's on the new one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he going crazy and he's barbarous. He is that motherfucker. And fifty is just a salty nigga man. He's labor like him up to a point. Will time be like god, damn fifth fucking shit not.
Speaker 3: To be not to be repeated in front of However, many audiences are listening to this, I was silently that that's three thousand zips lips, But no, Malcolm wanted my take on something and I was on a call with him in fifties. This is a couple of years.
Speaker 2: This is a long time.
Speaker 3: But uh, fifty was just spitting wisdom the way he does it on his call talking to malcol about a B C, D F G within their you know, the film industry and whatnot. That that that dude is a phenom. That guy's a fucking monster. He's like, you gotta be kidding me. He's another cultural icon. That's like, fifty is like ship man. He get it, bro, Like you realized there's no idiot bumpkins that go diamond. Yeah sorry sorry.
Speaker 1: Fifty is gross nasty with this ship man and he know it like that that I look up to a lot of stuff fifty cent does, like Snoop and Iced Tea.
Speaker 2: Certain people to me who really stay coaching.
Speaker 3: Accident.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, like and and and the world had to accept him for who he is, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Freddie Mack.
Speaker 1: Do you think Joe Budden is hip hop from the outside of animal standpoint or do you see him as a reliable hip hop pui as that played the game.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: Can't nobody argue that Joe Budden. Joe Budden is a hip hop dude like that. That's not even a thought. That motherfucker like love is shit. He loves it to a fucking fault.
Speaker 3: Joe Budden's almost so hip hop that he manipulates the definition of hip hop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe is just a different breed. He's you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I guess I could see why people don't think he comes across street.
Speaker 2: But he is very much a hip hop guy, you know what I mean. He's just a different kind of dude that is coming through. But he is. He know this shit like the back of his hand, you know what I mean. That motherfucker know his shit. Joe, just you know what.
Speaker 1: That real story before we get out of here, Before we get out here, real story. I'm gonna tell you the three things my experiences with Joe Budden, and this is the kind of nigga Joe is right. Three things, three time markers with Joe Buddens. I could write a song about this. I may turn this into a song called Fucking with Joe Budens. The first time I ever heard Joe Budens know who I was. He was doing an interview on a satellite radio station, and he was complaining that he felt the industry wasn't rewarding the best talent, right as far as lyricists, because Joe is a guy that's heavy on lyricism, and he fucked with records, but he is more of a lyricism. He's one of those guys in the hip hop front that's like, nigga, fuck all that.
Speaker 2: It's about the shit you're saying, right, that's Joe. Right. So he's on a radio interview.
Speaker 1: He was like, yeah, I've been trying to get a song with Acon for years now, there's been two years. And then I listened on the radio he has a song with this guy Glasses Malone. Who the fuck is a Glasses Malone? So that's the first time I heard Joe know who I was.
Speaker 3: I was saying that at three or four today.
Speaker 2: Right, who the fuck is a Glasses Malone?
Speaker 1: And I remember thinking like, yeah, we're finna get his that, We're finna beat him up, right. So I called my people at the airport, right because I knew he's coming through Lax often, so I'm like, yeah, hey, next time Joe Budden's come, you tell me we're gonna pull up there.
Speaker 2: We're gonna mop cuz up at the airport.
Speaker 1: So I had to set up even when he came right so we was pushing, were just going to the airport. We're finna put this nigga in the hospital because we like, yeah, you finna, You're finna meet the low firsthand today.
Speaker 2: Here's your day because you finna see why a con fuck with me.
Speaker 3: I wish that story happened right, so we.
Speaker 1: Feel the mop cuz up bad. I mean, I got my I got my crew too. That's like wrecords. I'm with my niggas. That's real wreck. This is my homeboys that we wrecked. Shot like hospital. You're going like Joe was gonna be in the hospital bad, like there was nothing he could do. I don't care who he came with hospital because if it was any extra people, they'd probably been in the more.
Speaker 2: Because this is gangbanger glasses. I'm being honest, and you know they just got our security anyway.
Speaker 1: This is two thousand and seven eight glasses. This is gang member glasses. This is not hip hop. I love genre. Gotta squabble you up. No, this is like glasses. You play with my reputation like gang bangers, and I'm gonna show you why you shouldn't. So Will's gonna put Joe in the hospital, straight up. I swear to God that was the task.
Speaker 2: It was all on.
Speaker 1: Everybody was happy about it, you know about it, like we're gonna suck us over. So we're driving to the airport and I told Fab, mister Fab in the Bay Area.
Speaker 2: I said, oh, yeah, we're finna go beat up Joe Budden. He's like why.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, that nigga said my name at this radio station. So and Homy, we finna tackle Cousin, put him in the hospital. That's how we talk, like when we gat like Cousin hospital. So we driving over there. I get off the phone with him to Fab it huh, just fable it. Fab called Royce the five nine, and Royce was somebody who I fuck with. I'd already talked to Royce and I fuck with Fab. They called me on three Way and Royce and Joe were friends, and he started to appeal to me about like, man, gee, this dude just be talking. He don't be knowing who he talking about that. I'm like, I'm listening to him, but in my mind, I'm like, yeah, I'm Finela gonna put this nigga the hospital, like glasses. Look, man, I know you knew in the business, but if you fuck with me, man, please don't hurt this nigga. And I knew I liked hip hop, and I knew I like Royce. I knew I fucked with Rays to fire him. To this day, Hey, I fucked with Royce the five nine, and I remember just thinking.
Speaker 2: Like fuck man, like damn, man like and.
Speaker 1: I remember telling my homeboys, like just turn around, bro. He like why, man, just turn around. So we go back to the seven and Royce puts me on the phone with Joe probably like two hours later. He like, man, Royce, them dudes was He tells Joe them dudes was coming up there to hurt you. And I'm like, So we talked, and at that point, me and Joe, you know, had a relationship, like a good relationship for the most part, because Joe is one of them kind of people. He just a different kind of dude. So that was the first time me and Joe had an interaction.
Speaker 2: Royce is not podcast. It's to go.
Speaker 3: I gotta go to lunch and really understand why he ruined such a great story for me.
Speaker 1: We're gonna bring Royce here second time that Joe Buddens fucked up my life.
Speaker 2: This this is the three times Joe Budden fucked up my life.
Speaker 3: So we got a versus yeah, a versus story for the.
Speaker 1: Second time Joe Buddens fucked up my life. Joe Buddens in twenty eleven understood what podcasting and live streaming was in two thy eleven. That's how long this motherfucking hip hop intellect. Giant ass nigga got this shit. He been fucking with this ship for a long time because he no like that nigga act crazy. He not stupid, bro, This nigga sharp. So we're on his tour bus. I'm on tour with Tech nine, h Jay Rock, Kendrick forty and what was name of the group, Crooked.
Speaker 2: Royce, Joe l and Joe Slaughterhouse. We all on tour together.
Speaker 1: So I go on Joe bus, right, I go on the Slaughterhouse bus. I'm hollering at Joe, like I sit down, I'm popping it with Joe. I'm like, yeah, Joe was saying it out. He got his laptop in front of him.
Speaker 2: He was talking, but he put his laptop down.
Speaker 3: Oh you mentioned something about that before, so he put his laptop down.
Speaker 2: This is fucking with Joe, Bro.
Speaker 1: Joe Buddens has like fuck somehow fucked with my life multiple times, not on purpose, but fucking Joe being Joe.
Speaker 3: Can we get on his show?
Speaker 2: Yes we can?
Speaker 1: Yes, so Joe, So I pulled it. Joe pulls a laptop down halfway. Mind you, I never heard of live streaming or podcasting, so I don't know what he's doing, but to some degree he's live vloggie, which became live streaming, which is what we're doing fourteen years later. This is how ahead of the cart this crazy motherfucker wasn So we popping it whatever.
Speaker 3: It's like wearing a wire in entertainment.
Speaker 2: Right, so wep it up? Right? He like? He like, man, I'm like, man, why you wan wu tang so hard?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: Like you tripping?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: I heard like them niggas is some street like yeah gee, but them niggas let me damn like it disappointed me and thought out out. When I met I think he said he was either Ray or somebody he met that disappointed him.
Speaker 2: He like, you don't know what that shit feel like. Mind you, He is streaming now. I don't know he's streaming, but he is streaming, so his computer halfway down.
Speaker 1: So I'm just talking to Joe because I'm sitting across from him on a tour bus cuz at the table popping it. I said, yeah, I do know what it feels like. I said, that's like the first time when I met Ice QB and I wanted him to come out and meet all my og homies from my neighborhood and Mona Park, and he was scared to come out and talk to them, and I explained the story to him. Mind you, he's live streaming back then in front of probably a thousand people. Ye, a thousand people. I don't know because his computer screen is halfway down. Nor do I know, because I don't even know what the fuck live streaming is in twenty ten eleven. I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 3: Live streaming in twenty eleven to me was peeing standing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like, what the fuck is going on? So he's streaming and I'm telling him the story, right, I'm like, yeah, so you know, like I thought the world of Cube and this situation happened, and I was like, damn, like, ice Cube ain't the predator like I thought he was.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So I tell him the story to bond would.
Speaker 1: Cuz yeah, he does not ever tell me he's live streaming, right. So the next day I look online and people calling me like, hey man, why you get that Cube?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, how did I get that Cube?
Speaker 1: And I go look at the blogs and it's like all these stories Glasses said ice Cube was scared of something something, and I'm like, no, that's like, that's just like shortening condensed, bro. That don't take into account what I was saying, Like it's just being messy about something that I'm relating to a fellow brother of this shit about. Next thing I know, ice Cube is putting out dish records talking shit about me, like going crazy, and I'm like, what the fuck? Second time with Joe Budden, I was a second time fucking with Joe Budden where it was just like.
Speaker 5: Fuck man, I take it back. I don't want to go on Joe show anymore. I was scared, scared of scared show show.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I almost got into it with a nigga, another rapper over Joe.
Speaker 3: Butden's not another rapper ice Cube.
Speaker 2: No, that's different.
Speaker 1: I had to deal with I had to deal with a nigga practically, if I had an idol in hip hop. If I had an idol in hip hop, I don't have an idol with hip hop. The gods that I appreciate, I love is not I want to beat them like. Scarface is my guide, like because he got me through gangbanging, like culturally untouchable got me through gangbanging.
Speaker 2: So it's not like I idolized him. I want to be Scarfaced.
Speaker 1: He's like a pastor in my life that saved my soul from damnation. That's my relationship with Scarface music and Scarface the artists. He's my fucking pastor. That's how serious it is with Scarface. With Ice Cube, he's practically like my blackness, Like he structured my blackness. Like I felt like if the streets didn't teach me this and I to have this on my own. He is the person who structured my ability to still feel like I can be a black man but not take no shit from nobody. Don't come over here with that silly shit. So this nigga is my ego. Iron He has a new project I'll make sure y'all go stream. It's called Man Down. He has a single called Ego on there too. But ice Cube would be my ego if Scarface was my soul when it comes to like hip hop artists, ice Cube is my ego. He's the way I structure. Like what I feel like is riding wrong with being black? You feel me? And you know what I mean, like like being willing to deal with niggas in the streets. So to have somebody that you look up to, you know, in any capacity, like like fuck you think you Bobby Bouchet talking shit about your name? It's like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: And like I don't know him to formulate a disc Yes, I've heard rumors, right, but I don't know cut. So I couldn't even diss him because it's like it's first off, it's ice Cube, Like what the fuck I look like this and somebody I bought all their records?
Speaker 2: How does that even make sense?
Speaker 3: And he's kind of like just in general space, like he's got good resume in battle rapping, Like I mean I never was aware that you were like a battle rapper type.
Speaker 1: Of even a fear of losing. I didn't even know what to write about. It would have been all disingenuous.
Speaker 2: I love ice Cube. Yeah, even when we squashed.
Speaker 1: Ship, I'm like, this shit is crazy because I love you the fuck I look like trying to battle. I couldn't even work myself up to get mad. The best thing I could have worked myself up to do was the squabble.
Speaker 3: Cuz have you ever done?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I ask, I said, you've never done a battle rap kind of track on anything or anything?
Speaker 1: I mean no, no, I never, But that's not my fear, like I am yet, I was just curious.
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, like.
Speaker 1: That opportunity, but I'm not rapping against fucking ice Cue the fuck. Like half of the reason like I wrapped the way I raped is because of fucking ice Cube. But this is fucking with Joe Buddens. This fucking with Joe Budden. Fucking Joe Budden. Man, what's number three? No, this is number two? The third time is I was finna squabble somebody because they was tripping on Joe.
Speaker 3: Well that yeah, it's only matter time before that happens.
Speaker 2: So a lot of times.
Speaker 1: Even with this last press run, I wanted to go to Joe Budden's show, but sometimes I'd be like, you know what, every time I fuck with.
Speaker 2: This crazy nigga, it's always some shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every time I fuck with this crazy nigga, it's always some shit.
Speaker 2: Every single time, some shit happened.
Speaker 1: I remember I was somewhere, No, it was a show out there in the audi in Sam Bernardino. It was for like one, it was a big show and he had just got into it with Woo.
Speaker 2: Tang like they had jumped on it. Oh shit, And it.
Speaker 3: Was off of a conversation you had on the bus.
Speaker 1: Like I'm like crooked right there, so crooked getting guns and I gotta get my gun. I'm like, what the fuck is happening? And it's fucking Joe, Like Joe always got some shit going on. Man, it's always some shit, you know what I'm saying. And it's like I fuck with him because he's an intellect and he know his hip hop shit and the nigga just a mental monster cut but he also is like slap.
Speaker 2: Rock in my life. Every time I fuck with him, I end up in some shit yeah, every time, dude.
Speaker 3: Honestly, if I had a platform with the reach that he had, that would be me all day every Thursday. What's the Fuck's all your boy?
Speaker 2: And I'll be getting a call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I did it again.
Speaker 2: Fucking Joe Man, that nigga Joe Bro. Joe just be having some shit going all the time. Joe just be having shit just.
Speaker 1: Going cuz And it's like I want to fuck with him more. I but it's like, you know, and I don't think he really care. But it's just like what, I don't even need no extra drama in my life because we gonna sit down and have an honest conversation and he gonna push me, and I'm gonna be honest and I'm gonna say whatever I think about whatever it is, and it's gonna always end up being some ship with somebody else.
Speaker 3: And I don't know secret but like, and I don't want to press this on him because I really don't know at all. But there are certain people who conversationally don't say a thing that that's how they really think. They say a thing that they know is gonna make you say a thing, you know what I mean, Like you talk about good faith. I hate stumbling into a not good faith conversation. That's man to get me to say some shit. You're just trying to provoke me. It's like, look, if we haven't like and you want me to do that back to you, I can do that back to you. But that's not what we're doing here.
Speaker 2: On Olivia Soul, bro, my mother's soul. That's not him.
Speaker 1: He don't push you, but he just connects with you in this human way that allows you to be vulnerable. But usually the vulnerability is gonna come with some shit.
Speaker 3: He's like the Howard Stern.
Speaker 2: Of hip hop. There you go.
Speaker 1: I'm with that. That's who the fuck he is. Yeah, that motherfucker is like that. Just always some shit. I'm always some shit fucking with Joe Man every time, Like damn cuz s nigga always got some shit going on. Like, and I do consider Joe like some level of conrad. Like if somebody was doing something to Joe, like I would feel compelled to probably shoot the people that jumping me, you know what I'm saying, Like I'd be compelled to get niggas off his ass because I like Joe, you know what I'm saying so I'd be compelled, like the street in me would be like, man, don't let the niggas do this shit to Joe Cuz, like you know what I'm saying, don't let the niggas do this shit to Joe, bro, Like that's right. But it's like Joe is like one of them niggas. If he was my friend, I probably would already be in jail for murder, Like if we were truly friends, I'd already had to murder somebody cuz because.
Speaker 2: That nigga just got some shit going on all the time.
Speaker 3: To be a like a space ethically where it's like, look, anyone attack you, I'll shoot him, but I have to let them hit you in the face three times necessary.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even let.
Speaker 1: I like Joe enough, like I feel like we our camaraderie is well enough to where I wouldn't let nothing, you know what I mean, happened like I couldn't feel good about it, like it would bother me because I just genuinely think he's a decent person. I do think he do some shit, but he alright, dude, ya you're a decent guy. He just I don't know, man, I think the nigga just crazy as something, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 2: He just because whereas like if we were really.
Speaker 1: Friends hanging tough, I'd already been pop somebody over because I ain't don't even lie because he just don't have some shit going. And you know, you know how it is you be friends with somebody else, you know what I mean, and you just find yourself no having to stand up for that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I know a guy who is really smart and and and says like the honest thing that people either don't think or don't think to say, or don't want to think to say. And people think that sometimes he's just a troll, but he's just a very thoughtful guy who has to curse just say the honest thing that needs to be sent. No guy just like that.
Speaker 1: That's how we go in No Sentils lunch hour. Shout out to DT Joe's that hold me on dope. But you he might be because he for sure be a shit and you just love him because I can't. I can't let you do the homie like that. Bro just ain't gonna happen. Cuse, like you know what I mean, Jos's and shit, No Selings Live Lunch Hour. Click the thumbs up shout out the detailer. I got you, bro, I would tell more stories on the pot. It's been a journey, to say the least, and I'm finna really go crazy next year. Click the thumbs up button. No Ceilings Lunch Hour right here. Y'all gotta get back to work. I gotta go to the community. So if you still online, check that out. We're gonna do another podcast for y'all tomorrow, so y'all have fresh material for tomorrow. And again click that thumbs up button. No Selings Live the Lunch Hour Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon Pacific Standard time. All this to support the No Seilans podcast. The No Selings Podcasts executive produced by Charlemagne the God, the Black and Fect Network and iHeart right there. Go subscribe to the No Selings podcast right now on you once we shut this down. Go subscribe right now, Apple Podcasts or anywhere you get your podcasts. iHeart podcasts any of that. Subscribe, Leave a comment let me know you subscribe today. If today is your day. What's love of y'all? We back here Wednesday at twelve Pete, I love y'all see you in a minute, my boy. Good looking out for tuning in to the No Sellers Podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and Notheart Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah