Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hey friends, this is the almost Famous podcast. We were here today to break down the headlines within Bachelor Nation. Now, I just want to say this. At the start, we did a special headlines episode breaking down the big, very traumatic for Ashley and so many of Bachelor Nation breakup between Matt and Rachel. Ashley didn't sleep.
Speaker 3: Stop it. I didn't sleep. I woke up to the news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you didn't go back to bed. You didn't go back to bed. You woke up and you stayed up.
Speaker 3: I woke up and I saw the tech sar group therid it was eight thirty. It didn't go back to sleep.
Speaker 4: You did not go back to sleep. She stayed. Oh way, she tried.
Speaker 3: I tried to do some research to see if it could be possibly a false rumor or him trying to throw us off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a wild, wild strategy. So that is a special Headlines episode. It's out there now, make sure you go. I can listen to it. But we are breaking down other news within Bachelor Nation. The first one is this Maddi Pruit reveals why husband Grant never watched her on the Bachelor.
Speaker 3: Well this is typical. I feel when you meet your spouse after your appearance on the show, you don't meet them through the show. Ben has just ever watched any of your seasons?
Speaker 4: It's gracious, not a chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so I don't even know how this made a headline, but they were doing a YouTube clip. Somebody asked, have you ever watched The Bachelor with Maddy on it? And he said no, never, not once, not one YouTube video, not one clip. No. She starts laughing and she said like, yeah, if it was reversed, I wouldn't want to date. I wouldn't want to watch you date another person.
Speaker 2: Do you think this is common, Ashley? I mean yeah, most people don't. I only know a few who have watched.
Speaker 3: Well wait, actually Jess has watched her because your mom told us that wonderful little moment where she just walked into the house. Yeah, her mom, she just walked into the house and she was, yeah, your mom was watching your season. And then she said something like did she say would you date Ben? Or did just just offer up like that's the kind of guy i'd want to date.
Speaker 4: She goes, I'd date that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so cool. Those moments are the best, probably.
Speaker 2: The coolest moment jess has ever had. I mean I could just see her walking like I date that guy and then walk out and be like, yeah, we're getting married one day. Yeah, her mom watches it. Her mom watched it. Jessica never like invested into it. Never, I think after that moment, never really sat down and watched any moment of it. And then even when like a commercial comes up now where there's a scene of it, it's not something either of us really enjoy coming on.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I feel like if you didn't watch your partners season. Within most Bachelor Nation couples, I know, most people don't go back to rewatch it now if you're in like the Sarah Hyland case with Wells, she watched that season and saw Wells AND's like, I like that guy. Yeah, so that's different, right, she didn't know that she would be dating him one day. But if you're already dating, you're already a committed relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know many people that would like willingly go back to watch that season.
Speaker 3: Maybe if you met ten years after the fact and it's like a different lifetime, then it's more funny and it depends how far your spouse got. You know, Wells didn't get that far. He was eight seventh or something. Yeah, like he got dumped in the episode that he kissed her. So like, it's funny for her to go back and watch. But for somebody who makes the top four, as somebody who makes fantasy suites, that's a different story.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's very common.
Speaker 2: Next headline is this Bachelor star Kelsey Anderson reveals why she does always wear her engagement ring from fiance Joey. I've never worn a wedding ring.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you have one tattooed, so that counts.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a big fan of there being a symbol, whether a ring or a tattoo on that finger to say I'm taken. I like the public announcement of this. But this is her explanation, So, ah, where is it? I don't know. I'm scared. What the heck I'm joking? She said, Ah, you know, I'm joking. Huh. I'm just not wearing it, and you know what that means. It means I'm still engaged. But it's literally just a symbol. Hm. She goes, I've kind of warped it a bit. I have to go get it fixed to. One of the diamonds fell out because of how I was taking care of it before. So now I'm just trying to be more responsible. Okay, She said, Joey is walking around without an engagement ring, and you guys didn't say anything to him. It's because I'm a woman. That's really nice. She did confirm, though, that all things are good in the hood. All right, Well, Ben, what do you think about a girl not wearing her engagement ring? She does have a point with the fact that Joey's walking around with that one.
Speaker 2: I yeah, sure, I don't know. I don't have a ring. I have it tattooed on my finger because.
Speaker 3: My dad and I stop making it seem like this is not an argument to be had. What if Jess went around without a ring.
Speaker 2: I'd be fine. I honestly, I'd be fine with it. She loves her rings so much, though, like this. I read this and it's a totally different perspective. Kelsey has every right to do what she wants to do with this ring. I don't want to wear a ring because I find it incredibly inconvenient to have this thing on my finger that gets caught.
Speaker 4: That I play with all the time.
Speaker 2: But if Kelsey doesn't want to, great, I just don't. I can't relate with that because the only example I have is of a wife who won't leave the house without her rings because she loves them and she wants everybody to know she's married.
Speaker 3: Me too, and I never take mine off never ever. I'm not one of those girls to take it off for the shower for better or anything like that. So even if mine was altered, I would have another one on my finger.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, I mean that's that's how Jess is. She loves her ring. It's something important to her. I'm actually gonna be with Joey and Kelsey in less than two weeks, first time I've ever met Kelsey in person, which I'm very excited about.
Speaker 3: Well me too. Tell me everything about her sweetness and her beauty. I will think a real life Disney princess.
Speaker 2: She's I heard, I hear, she's great. Joeyan is going to be competing in Orlando at the Hilton Grand Vacations Tournament of Champions. I don't even know if that's public news yet. I might just be breaking something that I'm not supposed to be, but he and I will be competing against each other along with Wells.
Speaker 4: See who wins.
Speaker 3: All right, next headline is about Wells.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what. I'm really happy for my friend. And here's why. Social media reacted in the most loud way, saying Wells should have been on Traders longer.
Speaker 4: And I agree. But here's the headline.
Speaker 2: Trader star Wells says wife Sarah Hyland wasn't super proud of early exit. Now he did get sent home from Traders right away.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I actually need you to cover this headline for me. These I don't understand Traders. I tried watching Peter season because we were interviewing him about the show. I feel dumb watching Traders because basically, the whole plot is to find people who have been labeled as a Trader, and you're supposed to assess them out and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, you're supposed to guess based on the clues that you have from the games and from being around them and asking them questions.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're telling me that Wells got eliminated from the cast because they didn't like him or because they thought he was a trader.
Speaker 4: Oh, you can't not like Wells.
Speaker 3: No, I know, but like didn't like him as a player, not as a human.
Speaker 4: I don't think they trusted him. And that's I mean.
Speaker 2: I do get this with Wells because Wells is a sweet, sweet.
Speaker 4: Boy, very nice, very loyal.
Speaker 2: But he does like he's he's he's witty, he's smart, and he could be a trader like I think if there's one person in that group that would be as signed to be a trader because they could play both roles really well, it could be Wells because he's also a gamer, like he's good. Like I think the whole show saw him. He understood the rules of the show, which most people going on didn't, which is shocking to me. I know, he probably game planned, im prepped, watched previous episodes, had his strategy down. And my guess and based on what the show showed is most people were like, he's going to be too good at this. Like, either way, we need to get rid of him, because he's going if he's here too long, he's going to be too good.
Speaker 3: I feel that feel that. Okay, So comes home and he asked Sarah.
Speaker 4: You know right away, here here's here's the friendship story of this.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, please tell us the background.
Speaker 2: So I find out a few months early, like he's going on Traders and we have an event lined up to do together that he has to back out of because of Traders. So he tells me, Hey, man, I'm sorry, I'm going on Traders. I'm like, that makes sense of sense, you should do this. The reason we get invited to these events is because we do these things. And that's what he was saying too. Well, so he's gone in Scotland and I fully expect Wells to be gone. It was like twenty four hours after he had texted like, hey, going on the show.
Speaker 3: Signing off by yeah, few weeks.
Speaker 2: Like twenty four hours later, he sends a text like well I'm back and we're like what happened?
Speaker 3: So they don't seclude him in Scotland.
Speaker 4: No, No, he came back.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he like showed up back to Sarah, like to the house. Sarah's like welcome home, like nice forty hours in Scotland. Huh, that was cool. He had bought like this nice suit. I mean, the guy deserved to be there longer. He he was going to be so good at the game.
Speaker 3: So impress. Somebody said, how did your wife react when you said that you were the first one vanished, and he said, yeah, she wasn't super proud of me. I mean there's vows that we said for better for worse, so she can't divorce me over this. However, she was bummed. I think she ended up watching it this morning and I'm like, what do you think and she was like, yay, you don't look bad, and I'm like, is it that it's that bad, isn't it? And she she just thought that he would win, he said, And I thought he goes, he goes. I thought I would win and then I did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a weird moment because Wells kind of has that like touch of gold, so like the things he touches typically goes really well or he figures out how to make it go really well. Yeah, I think this is a weird moment for him where he touched it and it like went to cole like right away blew up in his face. He was saying goodbye.
Speaker 3: So that's funny because my sister called me yesterday. She faced I mean she face times me a lot when she has a client and she has a TV in her Salon, so they like watch TV together, whoever she has in the chair, and so she's watching Traders and she goes, we're watching Traders right now. And I go, oh, you know what, that's weird that you mentioned that, because I haven't seen Wells done like any press or posting anything about it. And she goes, yeah, it's probably because he just got eliminated on the first episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he gone, poor guy. I want I just I wanted it for him, Ashley. If there was now, I want you to pick one. There was a there's all these reality shows that come off of like what show you were on originally now Special Forces Traders, there's probably some beach show. What show stands out to you the most to do? Survive? Put Survivor, and I would put Amazing Race in that too for you.
Speaker 3: Well they don't have like those doesn't matter, No, oh it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: I'm put them in there for you.
Speaker 3: Probably do Dancing with the Stars just because like it's in a studio environment, okay, not the wilderness, and I don't have people screaming in my face and I understand it more than Traders. Yeah, I don't think i'd be very good at gameplay. Do I have really any sort of mask? Come on, now, I would get eliminated Night one too, or they'd be like, this girl is no threat.
Speaker 4: You can just forever.
Speaker 2: Yes, now, I think you can figure it out.
Speaker 4: You're a gamer. You have done a spinoff.
Speaker 3: Show though, I know I did Stars on Mars, huge success.
Speaker 2: Huge the I think think I would prefer I would enjoy Survivor and then Trader second, Special Forces third. I watched Special Forces last night, and there's so many moments that I would love to test myself within that they're doing. But you you really are sacrificing a lot. I mean you're you're in it like there's no.
Speaker 3: Ten days though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: That's why I can do this for ten days, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and pay for our college fund.
Speaker 3: You guys, we know the salaries are really good on there. It would really pay for an IVY league. Well, an IVY league maybe during our college years, not today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's I think that could be something interesting. I don't know, it's fun to think about it. You know, we've been asked for there are a few. They never really worked out, and some of them are like three month commitments, and I just don't have that in me anymore.
Speaker 3: Hello to Traders and special Forces. Even though Ben and I have you know, mixed feelings, we would would hundred percent say yes, just letting you know we are here to be in your cast. We're scared of you, but very willing.
Speaker 2: I would actually love to do a show where there's like partners that aren't married, like you just get teamed up. I think you and I could be a dangerous force. Oh because I can push you, like I can tell you to do something when I know it's right, and I feel like you would trust me. And then you have that like other angle at it where you understand the whole environment and you kind of like see things I don't see.
Speaker 4: I think we could really make magic happen.
Speaker 3: Plus we'd be so comfortable with each other that we wouldn't need to be on our best behavior.
Speaker 4: You know, No, we could.
Speaker 3: We could getet talked back at each other. Yeah, no fun, let's do it. Amazing race. This sounds like an amazing race partnership.
Speaker 4: It's out there now.
Speaker 2: Final headline of today is this Kenda Wong reveals whether she's chosen a baby name, if she'll share her baby online, and so much more.
Speaker 3: So she said that Mitch and her have chosen a baby girl name, but we're still going through baby boy names. They've decided that they don't want to share the names out loud because they don't want to hear other people's opinions. I can understand that they were saying that they were debating between a couple of them, just asking opinions for fun, and then like people just had you know, I hate that name. Oh that scares me that that, you know, So they had to keep going back to the drawing board. So they're just not going to share anymore. And they're not going to I don't think they're going to find out whether it's a girl or a boy until it comes out. How do you feel about that, ben Oh, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's well, not knowing.
Speaker 2: I feel like just adds an extra level of complexity. Now we know we're having a little girl, so we've been able to plan for that right except the nursery in whatever way we saw fit, get the clothes lined up, get everything ready for a girl. I already feel like there is enough unknown to this process that I don't want anything else unknown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't need any surprises.
Speaker 2: There's no surprises, reef surprise. Yeah, the name thing I completely agree with. And you we've talked about this before, but we have a name picked out. We're very excited about this name. We feel very confident in this name. However, we have been advised to not share the name, and not because we don't want to. We would love to, but it is that moment of it just takes one person to be like, Eh, that's interesting for you to question it, but nobody's gonna question it once. Is your baby's name. I've seen this happen right. Ashley, one of my best friends in the world, a human I love so much, was having his first son and we're all we're actually he was with a bunch of like bachelor people and we're all hanging out and he said, oh, we're gonna name our son Clayton, which just happened to be while Clayton was the Bachelor. They're like, ooh, like the Bachelor, and he's like, I don't watch that show. I don't know what that means. And they're like, yeah, the Clayton the Bachelor right now and he's like, Nope, not doing it.
Speaker 4: Change the name completely, No way change the name.
Speaker 3: Even though he doesn't watch the show and doesn't associate.
Speaker 2: He didn't want he you know, I guess when you don't watch a show, you don't really know how big of an impact it makes. But he didn't want his son to be two years old and for people to be like, oh.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that the year Clayton was the Bachelor?
Speaker 2: Like, I think if one person said that to him, he would it would be over.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: You know that Wells became a really popular name once Wells was on the show.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he's he like I said, he has the gold touch.
Speaker 3: It's different. So you know that it has to do with Wells being on the show, the increase in popularity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people saw it and they're like, I like that name. That's a cool name. It is a cool name. Clayton's a cool name. And I would have no problem with him naming his son after a bachelor, But I think it threw him off. It just took one person's reaction, fair or not, for him to be completely thrown off from that name. And so that is why Jessica and I are keeping it to ourselves until the day of birth, and then I would love for somebody to come after my daughter's name. I would absolutely enjoy the moments on Instagram of commenting back on that. That would be a blast for me to spend the first week of my fatherhood just going at it.
Speaker 3: Well, who actually knows the name? You must have told your parents? Our parents know, okay, yeah, will you tell me after.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Grandparents don't know, Okay. I do think that Jessica's siblings know, and that would be it.
Speaker 4: That's all that knows.
Speaker 3: Okay. Yeah. So with Dawson, we had Dawson picked out, you know, since I was like twenty years old, and I would tell people so definitively his name is Dawson. His name is Dawson. So it wasn't like they could really give anything but positive feedback. While going through options with Hayden, so many ideas were denied, So many of my favorite ideas were denied. Yeah, and that does that bums you out? Like I really like Preston. I would have probably wanted Preston, but Jared didn't love Preston, and then like his family didn't like that at all, and then my mom still has issues with Hayden.
Speaker 2: Han, I don't know if that's that feels like something you had to take up with your mom.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: My dad loves it. Because I was going to name him Dominic after my dad, and my dad was like no, yeah, he said don't because he doesn't even feel like Dominic because he's gone by Jay his whole life. And he was like, no, Hayden Han is cool.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see what Kendall, you know, comes up with here. This is an exciting time, a lot of unknowns. As a fan and as a viewer, seems very It seems like unnecessary stress as somebody expecting a child again. If you want to hear the special headline episode with Matt and Rachel's breakup that we are sad for because we had a lot of hope within them and we enjoyed them as a couple, make sure you go back listen to the episode. This has been the other headlines over the last week within Bachelor Nation until next time. I've been Ben, I've been Ashley.
Speaker 3: See you guys.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.