Speaker 1: Second date update. Not to put any pressure on this second date update, but assuming this actually goes to air, okay, this will be our one thousandth second date phone call. No are you joking? And we've had four hundred and ninety people say no, no, you sucked. No, I'm sorry. Nine hundred and forty said you sucking you that, Chris, That means you have a chance. I like those.
Speaker 2: I like those.
Speaker 1: Welcome congratulations on being the one thousandth second dater.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Wow, I was.
Speaker 2: More fireworks, more congratulations would should I think.
Speaker 4: That after a thousand of these we would have a better percentage of like people saying yes.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. I feel like it's getting worse as the years go.
Speaker 1: By, caring less and less about this. Okay, I just keep getting it wrong. Well, yeah, because it's our one thousandth we promised to care extra hard for you today, Chris, So tell us about the woman that you want us to call. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Well, her name is Amanda. And I'm hoping that this results in a big one thousand for you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm hoping she's more excited about being part of the one thousandths than you were.
Speaker 1: Y you want to try again. You're excitement.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, all right, it is.
Speaker 2: That's Chris.
Speaker 1: I feel good going into this. Tell us about how you met Amanda.
Speaker 3: Well, we met online and all the normal stuff. Good, like, she's really pretty. We chatted a lot. I was super excited to go out on a date with her and everything. But that's where we ran into the first little roadblock. Her schedule was really, really tight. I work as a nurse, and the only day she was a veil would have been right at the end of a thirty five hour shift.
Speaker 1: My god, why.
Speaker 2: Is that not illegal?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it should be a pay a lot more.
Speaker 2: Right, But we'll get into that on a separated Yeah. Yeah, did you go on the date after your long shift?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: I needed Well, if it wasn't for this chance, there wasn't going to be another chance.
Speaker 1: And how did it go?
Speaker 3: I didn't fall asleep?
Speaker 1: All right, accomplished. Now, most people when they say I didn't fall asleep on a date, that wouldn't be a huge victory. But that's a big win. She was impressed too.
Speaker 2: I mean, I imagine you're so tired that you're not even nervous. When you're like, what'd you guys do? Go to drinks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went for drinks. And the thing is I didn't tell her that it was going to be at the end of a thirty five hour shift.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I didn't want her to worry about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was honestly thinking about it from her angle.
Speaker 4: If someone said I'm at the end of the day, I would be like, do.
Speaker 1: Not go out with me to sleep. There's no way I'm gonna go. So I can see why you got to do it. Yeah, okay, So how did it go.
Speaker 3: It started out great, ordered a couple of martinis, talked about our lives, talked about our dogs we both have dogs, were vibeman on a bunch of stuff. I mean, everything was going awesome. And then she was like, Hey, I need to go to the restroom real quick. I waited a while and she just never came back, did you.
Speaker 1: This is why I never let women go to the restroom. I'm just like, we have to wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cute.
Speaker 1: What will you go after we're done? You, Jeff, that's okay? Yeah, so she never came back.
Speaker 3: No, well, she sort of came back cause after a while and I asked the bartender. I'm like, hey, have you seen this girl I was with? And he's like, yeah, no, I totally sorry. She left a twenty on the bar and left.
Speaker 1: Confirmation due did you text her?
Speaker 2: I'd be so. I mean, you probably were so tired that you couldn't even muster anger.
Speaker 4: But or maybe you were so tired, like the date actually went through and ended and you just don't realize I remember the end of this.
Speaker 1: She's like, we kissed and everything. What do you mean, what's the last thing that you do remember about the end of the day. How did it end?
Speaker 3: Her leaving me just standing there and being like, hey, this really just happened at the end of a thirty five hour ship and then I went home and slept for twelve hours.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did you like call her and reader the riot act? Like? Where were you? Emotionally?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just generally not that angry of a guy, because all I've been running through my head is like, maybe I came across as a little more out of it than I thought, maybe like something weird slipped out of my mouth, But I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Like a piece of broccoli came out of her mouth like a word.
Speaker 4: That makes sense, bro, Because again, if you're on a date and someone's like yawning and they're exhaustedy, you make me feel like you're.
Speaker 2: Baring ditch though. Yeah, you have to do something bad. Yeah, why do you I want to call her again? Why would you want to see her?
Speaker 3: Well, I wanted to date in the first place, right, So all that stuff is still kind of there. And this is what she did. That is pretty harsh. But listen to your guys one thousands. I don't want this to be another like Ellen mc column.
Speaker 2: They we're used to being in the loser bracket.
Speaker 3: It's fine, don't worry. Even if she doesn't want to go out again, Like, nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I need to know why.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, you're looking mainly for the reason even if it doesn't work out, But we do want to send you on another date, and we're going to like really press the fact that you're an amazing healthcare worker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's going to feel so guilty when she finds out that you would just finish a thirty five hour shift and she ditched you.
Speaker 1: Or do you still not want her to know that?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not that I don't want her to know, but I also don't want her to just say yes to another date out of pity.
Speaker 1: Well I do. I want a guilt trip her until she says yes. That's the Maybe that's just the jewishness in me, but it I swear it works at least.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember look, remember our record, we have nine and forty losses. We need one in whatever means you're desperate, right, pity date coming on our one thousand second date updates right after this.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Second, out of all the human emotions, excitement, fear, joy, none are stronger and more powerful than pity. Why do you think I work with Brook?
Speaker 4: Okay, the only way.
Speaker 2: I'm the only dummy that would work with you.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of love and respect between us, but deep down at the new giddy center of this work relationship is a heaping, delicious nugget of pity, of pity for you.
Speaker 2: You've only worked here your whole life.
Speaker 1: It's very sad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, look look at the bonds that are happening here, the joy that's coming out of this moment. Job, let's harness, let's harness the pity in the room and adding a little guilt to help our listener, Chris get a second date with Amanda.
Speaker 2: With you, we've got the king of pity ready to take it on for you, Chris.
Speaker 1: That's right, Chris, because if you're just tuning in, he met her after working a thirty five hour shift at the hospital where he's a nurse.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 2: I love how we complain that we're tired after like six hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know this guy is a sick Chris. You're still awake, right, Yeah, let's get off of a long shift, did you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, No, today is an off day.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the off day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, can you imagine what he's on? He saves it for his patience.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we're going to save all of your energy until we call you into the conversation.
Speaker 2: And I'll try my best to be nice because right now I'm not happy with her.
Speaker 3: Oh. I appreciate this because I just I need to know why.
Speaker 2: Let's get there, we'll find your why. I don't know. I feel very Let's go.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 5: Ad.
Speaker 1: Let's make the one thousandth second date phone call hopefully ended on a good note. Here we go, Hello. Right off the bat, the judgment I say anything. Hey, Amanda, is this Amanda. Hey. You may or may not know us, but we are a morning radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we would love to talk to you a little bit about your personal life, just one specific thing.
Speaker 2: Not all of it.
Speaker 1: I would love to talk to you about your entire life, but if you want, we could just focus on the dating aspect, because we're in a segment called a Second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you met up with the other night named Chris.
Speaker 5: Oh, and this is an interesting conversation.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we'd like to gauge how you feel about Chris and the chances of you guys meeting up for a second date.
Speaker 5: Is that really well, I'm I'm assuming that you know you have a story that he emailed you or something.
Speaker 6: I don't know how it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, I was just trying to read your vibe first before I told you what we know, right, because here's the information that we have. We know that you two met online, that you both have very busy schedules, and this was the only night that you guys could get together, and so you went to a bar at drinks and talked about a lot of stuff like your your lives and your dogs, and he really.
Speaker 2: Felt like you guys were like having a good time, like really connecting in conversation.
Speaker 5: Did you feel that I did?
Speaker 6: I agree? It was okay, it was nice.
Speaker 1: The thing is, he didn't tell us the exact amount of time that the two of you were there, but from the sound of it, it was around fifteen to twenty minutes maybe, and then you excused yourself to go to the bathroom and never came back to the table. Well before you tell us your excuse about why you did it and why.
Speaker 2: You don't sound guilty right now, I'd also.
Speaker 1: Like to I think you do need to know something about Chris, that he is a dedicated healthcare worker who had just come off a thirty five hour shift to meet up with you. And I know that you didn't know that he didn't want to tell you. He didn't tell you, But I do think it's pretty brutal to ditch somebody like that.
Speaker 2: We all think that. I bet you think that. How would you feel if someone left you in the middle of a date.
Speaker 7: How would you feel if somebody fell asleep on yours.
Speaker 1: He did. That happened. It wasn't that bad, but he fell asleep.
Speaker 7: Listen, I excused myself for the rush room. When I got back, maybe five minutes later, he was asleep.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it sound like he fell asleep, like while talking to you. He fell asleep while you weren't there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was gone for less than five minutes, and I didn't know that he was up for thirty five hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he should have told you that saving lives for thirty five hours. So you you went, Why didn't you wake him up? I would have just woken the person up.
Speaker 7: Oh, I tried.
Speaker 6: I tapped him on the shoulder.
Speaker 7: I was like, Chris, Chris.
Speaker 1: Were you worried that he was dead?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I saw him breathing, but I figured he'd been drinking all day. I didn't know if he was a drum.
Speaker 6: I could see that, so I did the decent thing.
Speaker 3: I paid the tab.
Speaker 2: Yeah right. He said that he asked the bartender and that you left a twenty dollars bill for them, But the bartender didn't tell him he was asleep. Did the bartender dot?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 5: Maybe not?
Speaker 7: I have no idea.
Speaker 5: We weren't very close to him.
Speaker 7: So I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't notice.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Well.
Speaker 1: You're actually closer to him than you realize. Your one phone line away from each other. And when I push this button, you're going to be on the same line. So here we go. I'm pushing it right now for a thousand times. Chris, you're there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, okay, thank god. I thought you fell asleep for a second.
Speaker 2: Chris, this all makes sense. I thought you feel so relieved.
Speaker 1: Who Chris, did you? Are you there? You fall asleep?
Speaker 3: Now? No? No, I'm here. Hey, okay, Hey, Amanda, Hi, right.
Speaker 1: I think we just had that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, that that didn't actually happen, right?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Yes? It did? And I don't I it did.
Speaker 5: Like I promise you. I sat with you for fifteen minutes while you had your head on the table and your hands and your lap and you were all storing.
Speaker 2: You stayed with him while he slept.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I thought he would wake up.
Speaker 6: I was enjoying our time.
Speaker 1: Oh Chris, how does that make you feel?
Speaker 3: I find that pretty hard to believe.
Speaker 2: Whatell you just gonna have a thirty five hour shift? How is that hard to believe?
Speaker 3: Because it wasn't my first ever thirty five hour shift. I don't just pass out in bars like that.
Speaker 2: Well, you go to the bars often after a thirty five hour shift.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of healthcare workers actually do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but you have like a couple of SIPs of a martini. Those are gonna put you out in a second.
Speaker 3: I'd remembered if I passed out, because I mean I didn't lose any time I was there. She left, I waited, and then I like got right up and went and talked to the bar tender. There was no like loss of time.
Speaker 1: She don't remember waking up.
Speaker 2: But listen, how could she lie? She told us that story before she even knew that you were on that long shift.
Speaker 1: And why would she make that up?
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe she's trying to cover her up because she's on the radio now that she's trying to look better for me.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm not lying, And I don't know how to brew it to you.
Speaker 1: Maybe some security camera footage from inside the restaurant.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's ridiculous. I mean, she didn't even know that you did the thirty five hour shift, because she told us that before Jeff.
Speaker 1: Told her, No, I actually, I think I told her first.
Speaker 3: And then I asked for her.
Speaker 5: I just don't know what else to say, Like it happened, and I'm sorry that it did, and that sucks. And I would have been more understanding and I probably would have responded to the text messages that you sent me if I had known the circumstances.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I think overall, like before all the sleeping confusion, he liked Amanda, Amanda liked Chris. Let's just go back to that moment and offer to send you guys out again. I need to ask, Amanda, would you like to go out with Chris one more time? Give it another shot, for him to be awake the entire dinner and we would pay for it.
Speaker 5: Well, I should be totally transparent with him on the line, I am seeing other people because I'm I'm dating.
Speaker 6: I'm not exclusive with anybody. So if that's something that he's okay with going on a casual date, I would I would like to try again. I really liked our time together, Chris.
Speaker 1: She's honest, right, what do you think about being one of many?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't believe her, And now she's saying she might go out with me amongst a bunch of other guys, which is also I guess she didn't have any room in her schedule to go out except that one night.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you shouldn't believe that she will go out with other guys too. Don't believe her on that.
Speaker 2: You're not going to say no, are you, Chris?
Speaker 3: No, not to the date.
Speaker 1: I don't leave mark it up on the board. Ny one knows for broken Jeffrey in the morning. Well, christ make sure you get some rest. Okay, we'll see you in a week. He's asleep.
Speaker 3: I'll try yeah, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Has anybody here fallen asleep during a date in the middle of it?
Speaker 5: Oh? No.
Speaker 4: One time I fell asleep while the girl was on the way to my place. I I woke three hours later to her a bunch of calls and angry cakes.
Speaker 1: You never sorry, No, I never saw her again. I was wasted.
Speaker 2: I fell asleep once, so I'm not going to tell you why where Wait a minute, Wait, hold on, you're really tired and the guy was really boring?
Speaker 1: Wow, her and her husband's the guy.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: One time I faked being asleep in the middle of a date in order to get out of it, which does make me sound like a horrible person. I know, but in my defense, she was the daughter of a oil. You don't make me explain what a moil sounds like a bad medical problem. No, it's a Jewish term. My mom knew all the oils. You're Jewish. No, it's it's it's like a rabbit. I never should have told this story in the first way.
Speaker 5: Is mean?
Speaker 2: Is it a mean thing?
Speaker 1: We're not going like I got a We didn't do a very good job getting a second date update there for Chris on our thousand second date call.
Speaker 2: No, we learned something about each other in the last minute, so that was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of things happen, and we want to learn about you and your dating. The show will help you call that person who isn't calling you back. Check out all of our podcasts all one thousand, second day wherever you get yours it Brook and Jeffery, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning