Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yanas four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction Voyd and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: And one of the most stunning moves in college football history, six times of four winning coach Bill Belichick was named the new head coach of North Carolina. UNC official said the size agreed on a five year deal, penning approval from the Border Trustee, which is held an emergency meeting Thursday. Bill seventy two, worked in the NFL capacity since nineteen seventy five until the divorce January eleventh of twenty twenty three at the twenty four seas with the Patriots. This will be Bill's first college coaching job. His dad, I think coach from North Carolina from fifty three to fifty five. He's very fond of his dad. He loves it. He's adored his dad. As a matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, he named his son after his dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, I told you, O Joe, my sources, Uh, he was very upset that him, being as credentialed as he is, all these head coaching vegases came available, he didn't get one.
Speaker 3: He didn't get one, O Joe.
Speaker 5: I'm happy for I'm happy for Bill. Let me say that I'm happy for Bill.
Speaker 1: But the chemistry, the aura, and the energy that we have when inside the NFL has been so dope.
Speaker 5: Being able to work with Bill, being able.
Speaker 1: To see him break down film and and break down schemes and some of the things that they're going in the football game, and being able to listen to him and see how he sees the game from his his perspective and his viewpoints. So god damn dope, funk man, it was so it was so dope. It's so dope. And I'm not sure how soon this starts and when he has to leave or whatnot, but I'm assuming if he just if he just signed he signed a five year I'm assuming he's leaving, you know, right away. So I'm not sure if he's gonna Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that means he's not. Next week the portal going about to go on.
Speaker 5: Damn, man. But I'm happy for him. I'm happy for him. It's just damn that.
Speaker 3: I am too.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, hey, and you know, yeah, it's reported that he's gonna make ten million dollars a year, five year, fifty million dollar deal. I mean, it's not like he needs the money. Coach Belichick with the highest paid coach because he had both duties. So Coach Belichick wild probably make estimates north of fifteen million dollars a year for the better part of a decade. If you look at the wave dress, he ain't spending no money or clothes. He all he doing is cutting up Patriots gear. So I'm happy for him, as you are with Joe. I believe that people should do his passion as coaching. I'm sure he's disappointed that he would have liked to have got one of those NFL jobs last year. Uh. And maybe he's hearing around guarantees that promise for him this year.
Speaker 1: Step to go to the go to college, rebuild that program, getting them back to what we're used to seeing from the North Carolina tar Hills, getting them back.
Speaker 5: To the plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, yeah, but it's a basketball it's a basketball school.
Speaker 5: But what can Bill do for that team?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sure he's going to have some type of plan together to getting them back to the to prominence and reverence, you know, in the football area of things.
Speaker 5: I think it's gonna be very difficult.
Speaker 1: Obviously it's n I l in il Era, but but I'm wishing, wishing the best, and I'm assuming if he can have some success there, I think that opportunity might happen for him again in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you know, look, I know LT went to UH North Carolina, pep Julius Peppers went to North Carolina. That means two of the greatest defensive players, UH in NFL history went to that university.
Speaker 3: But it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's tough with you know, recruiting out out of basketball school.
Speaker 3: Here's what it is.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, they used to have they used to have some uh Uh Derek Fenner was an outstanding running back Lawrence. They've had some you know, a Keem Nicks with a wide receiver that went to North Carolina. Yeah, they've had they've had some, you know, some decent players to come out of there. Uh, Ronald Kerr was a two sport guy, played football and basketball. But congratulations, coach Belichick. Hopefully you turn that program around. They're gonna be Listen, you know you're gonna be well coached. And like you said, hey, guys that have NFL potential, they'll go to the NFL. People think, oh, I'm going to this bro. If you ain't got potential to go to the NFL, I'll get damn who your coach is. You think you think you can get Usain Boats coach. You think you can get Bobby Kursey, You think you can get one of these fast track coaches.
Speaker 3: You ain't. And you run a ten flat forty and you think you're gonna go to the Olympics. Right.
Speaker 2: I can only coach the potential that you have. I don't know to dall yo, Joe, I wish your something. I could tell people, oh his coach, No they didn't, he got their he had the ability. Now the coach might can instruct you and give you pointers that teach you technique. But if you don't have the ability, to do something. You just don't have the ability. Yes, I don't care who about music teacher, I ain't playing no instrument. Right, it's really it's really, it's really that simple. But coaches going back to college. Congratulations, Oregon wins the Big Ten title. Dylan Gabriel four touchdown leaves the Duck past the number three Pence Staaten the Lions to remain undefeated. Nico Red picked off drew a lar with left with a little old with less than two minutes left in.
Speaker 3: The ball game.
Speaker 2: Oh, show, that is a gooder interception and that your SI collegiate player making way he pinned it.
Speaker 1: They listen the way he pinned him and held him back and didn't allow him, didn't allow him to get through him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that.
Speaker 3: Was that was top of it.
Speaker 1: That is what That's a veteran. That's a veteran play. That's an NFL veteran dB player. Don't panic, relax, hold him off and let that thing drop right in the bucket to seal the game.
Speaker 2: And you thought he was the receiver because the way he pinned it. Because now the receiver can't get on top of it. I got your pen to the sideline now it's gonna have to be a perfect throw because I made you run the loop once. I made you run the loop and you couldn't stack me. Now I can use my momentum to ride you to the sideline. Now you see how the ball dropped down the chimney.
Speaker 3: It just so happens.
Speaker 2: I was in front of the deep, I was in front of the receiver, so I'm the receiver now. So it dropped right down in my bread basket. And for him to make that type of catch at some point in time, it's hard for me to believe more Joe that he didn't play on the offense side of the football at some point time.
Speaker 1: It was too smooth and too natural to him not didn play receiver at some point.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, that was unbelievable game. I thought the Duvets were gonna run away with no Joe. At one point in time, I think the score was twenty eight to ten. I was like, all right, man, they finna make miss meat of Penn State. And it's similar like State always gets in these games and big games and they don't play big and I think that that seems to be that's the that's the knock on James Franklin. I'm not saying he's not a good coach, but he loses far too many of these games in order for us to put him in that great category. Because normally Ohio State he catches the L big Bowl games, he catches the L And it's not like he hasn't had good talent, because he's had some really good talent. Dylan Gabriel tonight was twenty two to thirty two, two eighty three, four touchdowns, no picks. Organ ran the ball forty three times for one hundred and eighty three yards. And I think that's the thing that people don't realize that how much Oregan actually runs the football. They would run it a lot more than you think they did. You think they just spray the ball all over the field, but they they run the football they do. Nobody had a big game. Oh Joe Jordan James was twenty carries eighty seven yards. North Whittington had fifteen carris for eighty two and if you look at the last Gabriel had eleven yards. That was that last run where he got the first down, slid and protected himself. Forty three cares one hundred and eighty three yards two and eighty three yards passing. But they played really good. They look really good. They're really explosive.
Speaker 3: Aout.
Speaker 5: This is just a hypothetical. I'm just throwing it out there.
Speaker 1: Obviously, with Penn State having the ball towards the end of the game and have an opportunity to actually well, actually they would have a score and go for two. Yeah, I would have really liked to see that last off of the drive. I would have loved to see Pence they score and hope you see what they could do, see what they do going over time. Let let's let's let's let's play ball.
Speaker 2: Well you think like I think because I've said I'm looking at organ. Okay, you've been going up and down the field. Now when you absolutely have to get up and down to go go up the field, can you get it done now? Because we saw where there was no pressure on you. You went down there, you got seven and the next thing you know, you got fourteen, and you got X, Y and.
Speaker 3: Z and you were boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 2: Now when you absolutely have to have it, can you go get it again when you have to?
Speaker 3: Because that's the market. Really.
Speaker 2: I look at offense and defensive football and yeah, we can say whatever, But how can you be a great defense if you can't.
Speaker 3: Get a stop when you need it?
Speaker 2: Ojo, you need to get the team off the field on third down, and you don't do it, and you allow them to keep getting third down after third down of the third down, Or you can't get a big, a big stop to take them out of.
Speaker 3: Field goal range.
Speaker 2: Or you can't get a turnover offensive back you that good offensive and you can't get a first down to kill the clock to make sure the opposing offense doesn't get the ball. That's how I measure offense and defense. Yes, we like to see offense go up and down the field. We like to see defense stop people. But when you absolutely have to have it, can you go get it done? And you were thinking the same thing I was thinking, like, Man, I kind of want paying Stad to get this thing because I want to see what I want to see what Oregon can do when the backs against the wall.
Speaker 3: Because the last thing I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 2: Nobody really wants to go in the overtime because you never know a taip pans here, miss that missed there.
Speaker 3: You really don't know. Uh, But give Oregon credit they're going to be number one seed. They're going to get it.
Speaker 1: Think about it, think, think about it. Normally when you get it. By, I'm thinking about me, but I can't. I can't even talk about me because we ain't really had no blackest angles, no goddamn playoffs.
Speaker 5: You want, no goddamn first But I wouldn't want to lose the momentum.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to lose the chemistry that we have as a as an offense or as a defense, or that or that flow and rhythm that we may be in. I wouldn't want no, God damn by, I want to I want to keep I want to keep that train rolling because.
Speaker 5: They're no telling what's got, no telling what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You get that back everything for all the ship when you come back, when you come back and play.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you remember college is not like now. I don't know how this format is going because you have extra team, but you remember college. Hey get three four wins off before they play a game. You two about to buy them jokers, go home for Christmas, break come back right, hey, get hey, get ready to play a football game. O Joe. They not like us. You know we might get you play and then if you got home field, you got home field. Throughout it used to have two buys. Okay, you got the weekend, you got the week off, and then you play the bottle week man?
Speaker 3: Did Joe get three? Phone? Like that? Georgia wins another SEC title.
Speaker 2: The number five Bulldogs clinched the first round by with a twenty two nineteen win over the number two Texas despite Carson Beck's injury. Gunna Stockton comes off the bench, goes twelve or sixteen seventy one yards with an interception. Carson Beck was seven or thirteen fifty six yards and Drew Bobo was one of one for nine yards. Oh, Joe, and I don't but I think Stockton, I don't know if they win this game, if Carson Beck stays in this game. It's almost like a situation because you remember when when Tua no Tua got hurt and then what you call him came in.
Speaker 3: Jalen Hurts came.
Speaker 2: In in the SEC championship game and beat said Georgia bulldof or you go back to the National Championship game where Jalen Hurst was playing so bad and too comes off the bench, because here's the thing, O Joe.
Speaker 3: They ain't practice for Drew. They ain't practiced for the backup.
Speaker 2: You don't practice for the backup because you don't anticipate him getting out, especially now if you run some plays now the Steelers are different. I expect to see one or two plays in which Jordan Field is gonna get in the game. So I have to aid he comes in the game. This is what he likes to do. They like to run the boot with him, they like to run the QB power stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So I got to anticipate that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hadn't seen and you hadn't seen Stockton except my put I'm not anticipating.
Speaker 5: Him in the game, coming in the game, Biggauch.
Speaker 6: How much of the playbooks that he knows most of the playbook, But how much of the playbook are they're gonna give to him as opposed to back I think that the playbook is shrinks And then to me, defensively, it would make it a little bit easier to have to deal with him because there's only so much thing allowed him to do.
Speaker 3: There's the reason why he is the backup.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's just my thought process.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong, right, Yeah, but it's, oh Joe, it's not It's not like it's not like the NFL with the disparity between the starting quarterback and the backup.
Speaker 3: It's so bad.
Speaker 2: It's if you because Stoctor was probably what a three or four star recruit. So it's it's not like you got you got Patrick Mahomes and then you got his backup, or you got Joe Burrow and you got his backup. You got Josh Allen with a discrepancy and talents so vast.
Speaker 3: And so yes, now I have to condense the playbook.
Speaker 2: But in college because of the talent pool that's around it, Hey, bro, just get the ball at your hand. But on Joe, I watched this game. Did you see that interception?
Speaker 3: Kids?
Speaker 2: Can y'all stop celebrating? Texas get an interception that's supposed to be a pig six. All number three have to do is block seven. If he blocks it, Oh Joe, that's a tough that's reservation for six. He's celebrating and the guy runs right by and making the tackle. You know your office is struggling, Your offense is struggling to get the ball in the end zone. Yeah, you got to maximize that, but everybody gets so caught up and it won't to celebrate.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you, I guarantee you.
Speaker 2: His defensive coordinator, his dB coach is telling him exactly what you and I are discussing. Son, You got if you make this block, this is a touchdown. If you go look at it. First of all, all the other receivers on way to the other side. Now you ain't got nothing but the quarterback that got hit and off in offensive lineman. All you got to do is block, because number seven sees it. He hears that way. If three blocks number seven from the Bulldogs, that's a walk in touchdown. They're gonna probably understand.
Speaker 1: Like the excitement in the situation like that, especially for a college kid, for a young kid or something like that to be happening. You know, your mind, it goes to an instant celebration based on the play that was made. As opposed to folks, let me, let me look around and be focused and have that self a witness the block to make sure he does get in there. So you got to think about when you was that age, you know, it's kind of different. So the way we're thinking about it, it's completely different because we played at the highest level, and we know ain't no celebrations happening until yeah, until we crossed that line.
Speaker 5: You know, I ain't until that goddamn line.
Speaker 2: I was diffid oh at that point, and oh ya, I'm different. You know what I'm trying to do. Try somebody slipping. Yeah, you can't do that now, Joe, But I've had Honey, I'm looking at I'm looking at the peels up by the cap.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. He's coming.
Speaker 2: So this theoretically isn't a crack or a bout a block behind the plate.
Speaker 3: All he wants to do is get a hand.
Speaker 2: You ain't.
Speaker 3: That's all we gotta do. It is a touchdown in Texas win.
Speaker 2: If if they I'm sorry, if you go back and look at Souk on the sideline, he knows that.
Speaker 3: He's like, damn you struggling, that you struggle.
Speaker 2: Yes, man, oh yo, I'm not saying that viewers won't be a great pro Oh yo.
Speaker 1: He You know what members is important? Situation, bro, situational its depending on where he goes. You think, man, you think he goes in late later rounds and he's a backup somewhere, then if he's in a great situation with a supporting cast that's really good. You know, there's some receivers that can make your quarterbacks. It's some running backs that could take the pressure off your quarterback to where he looks good, where he looks decent.
Speaker 5: I'm not, I'm not.
Speaker 1: There's there's nothing wrong with Rock Purty. Rock Purdy is a good quarterback. But you look at the supporting cast of what he has around him, God damn decent? Can can can you put Carson back? And I got damn for nine's offense? You think you're gonna be okay? Yeah, it's all about timing. It's all about time and getting the ball, getting the ball out at the right time. He has a great supporting cast. Now can you put Carson back? And God damn in Carolina?
Speaker 5: No? Can you put what's the other guy's name? What's his name?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Stop? Stop?
Speaker 3: Oh about stop?
Speaker 5: And it's all about timing you.
Speaker 2: But some quarterbacks need players to elevate them. Some quarterback can elevate players. Patrick Mahomes of Tom Brady Peyton. There are certain quarterbacks they can elevate marginal talent and get more out of them.
Speaker 3: Some quarterbacks need more talent to uplift.
Speaker 2: This, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I mean some of the mistakes that he makes, I'm like, I'm like, Bro, what I'm trying to figure out because I'm trying to because I'm like, go back and run that again, because I'm trying to see what he's seeing. I tell that done sometimes though, Jeorge, That's what I want to replay for because I want.
Speaker 3: To see maybe.
Speaker 2: I'm like, but I'm looking like, bro, damn, And I know I think he has an injury, but I don't look at him as being like a mobile And I'm probably sure there are a lot of people in Austin that's thinking, if we put our manning is there.
Speaker 3: We win that game.
Speaker 2: I bet you. I bet you. Like I said, I don't really follow anybody. I don't really follow anything, you know. I don't follow blogs and stuff like that to see what they're saying about the local team and things like that. I don't follow really anybody that I don't think that follows Texas like that. But it's hard for me to believe because I know a lot of people thought, like you know what, I guarantee you they probably thought that, man, if we had arts Manning and then that's a game that we could have won. But after when archer Manic comes in the game, I'm thinking, you know what, when it comes to the game.
Speaker 1: The funny thing about it is when ours played early in the season, when you was just out Oars could not only run here was throwing that thing like crazy.
Speaker 3: He was throwing all over here.
Speaker 5: And listen tonight in Texas and had nobody to blame for themselves. They had two miss field goals. Hell if they they falling for the goddamn fake punt.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: First, oh Joe at that area. First of all, you have to understand situation of football. You just got a turn. You just got a situation where you went down and scored. The last thing the team want to do is give you the ball right back. Mm hm put your punt safe. Punt safe, yeah, coach that You have to know that it's as a's situational football as what's going on at the time. I don't get these guys understand. You just scored a touchdown. Literally, you got the momentum and you just forced them to go.
Speaker 3: Three and out.
Speaker 2: Sin. The last thing they want to do is to give you the football back. Hey, let's go Hey, watch the fake, let's do hey, just to make sure, let's go punt safe?
Speaker 3: What you put up?
Speaker 2: First of all, how many times where the last time Texas returned to punt? Come on, bro, it's not the time to try to be hero and set up a return. Because you set up a return, your guys are gonna have to go early. And now you see what happened. Now you're allowed them to get a first down. They keep, they keep the ball. It's it's stuff. It's stuff like that, O Joe. That's the thing, situational football that's so important. And the really good ones they understand that you got You have to know the situation and what's what's what transpired?
Speaker 3: Man, damn, they just may we just scored. Let's get the ball back. You can't ask or anything more.
Speaker 2: Just forced them to a three and our Now you're about to get the ball back, Ojo, Let's go put say. I ain't ready about iron, worried about it. I don't care about a return. I just want the ball. But give Georgia credit. They win in overtime, walk it off. They played eight overtimes last week against Georgia Tech.
Speaker 3: They play another or they played what.
Speaker 5: Two overtime picks?
Speaker 2: Not once because Texas kicked the field goal and then Georgia got the ball and they scored. Yeah, they scored on theirs their possession and they win twenty two nineteen to secure a spot in the College FO Fall playoffs and a bye because you know whoever won the s SEC was going to get receive a bye. Coach Prime tells Antonio Peers he wants the Raiders to draft the Door and Shiloh. If the season ended today, the Raiders would have the number two pick. Times thinks the Raiders would be a good spot for his son and an event in Las Vegas. Time told Piers, you're truly the best. Not need you to do the right do one thing. I need your draft boy.
Speaker 1: I like it, though I like it, I like it, but I don't remember. It's very important the situation you go to, your supporting cast is very important that you have the tools around you at the disposal.
Speaker 5: You have the work.
Speaker 1: Huh he got Bowers got brought. Brock is a real deal? Top three, top four along with is it McBride?
Speaker 5: Did I say that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He might be top three or four and I ain't talking about three or four, and I ain't talking about.
Speaker 5: Bout the NFL. We need we need more than bowers. We need one more dog.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, they got it. They got some good receivers, not great, they got good. They got good quick guys.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about we like I'm part of the damn Raiders. They just they just they just need one be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, uh yeah, I mean look, I think look, it's gonna be very interesting to see how this thing shapes out. Jacksonville has two wins. I think the Giants have two wins. I think the Raiders have two wins. And at some point in time, they're like, you don't ever want to show your fan base that you don't really care about winning. I mean, because you know we want to you know, we're gonna try to win, but we really try to lose. Now, Jacksonville, y'all ain't going Look y'all right, I don't know what y'all gonna do because you got Trevor. Ain't Trevor going nowhere anytime soon.
Speaker 3: Exactly. Uh.
Speaker 2: You got the Giants in need of a quarterback desperately. The Raiders need a quarterback desperately. Uh, hell, there are several teams. Maybe somebody moves up to get. If you fall in love with somebody during the draft process, you put them on the board and you evaluate them, you study their tape and you listen, like, this guy is franchise altering, But it's gonna be it's gonna be very very interesting to see this thing it shapes out, O Joe.
Speaker 3: But I do think you're doing is gonna be a very high pick.
Speaker 2: He's made himself some money, he got coached, he got a coach that is offensive coordinator this year, was an o C in the NFL, so he's pro ready. His dad is a coach. You know you like you like you like players, especially in the quarterback position. That dad was a coach, so he understands it. Uh, he understands what it takes to be the mechanisms of everything that comes around cover along with being an NFL quarterback.
Speaker 3: You're the CEO.
Speaker 2: Gotta be buttoning up on you, gotta say, gotta say all the right things, you all the right things.
Speaker 3: It's more than just playing the position.
Speaker 2: Everybody man who cares, stop it, stop it. It is just like if you're a CEO, you uh, Tim Cook can't just do out there are doing winning in this stuff, even though Apple Apple products are doing Uncle flying off the shelf.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work like that. There's a decorum. You know. You got to be very demure.
Speaker 5: You got to be very what.
Speaker 3: You gotta be very.
Speaker 2: Demure with you in that situation. That's a word you have to sail at some point times you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah your mirror d E M.
Speaker 2: Damn O R you am you?
Speaker 5: Okay okay the mirror? Oh you go like you French? Okay, okay, okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: What don't mean to have French tolked for breakfast this morning?
Speaker 5: I'm Finny. I'm gonna use I'm gonna use that. I'm finn.
Speaker 3: It was it's reserved, it's my.
Speaker 5: When I met her, I was very mirror.
Speaker 2: I don't think is gonna say you a debut real probably say you're a damn fool when you met you, you're a damn fool.
Speaker 3: Two years and you're a d fool now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, hey when when when it is time the cover that get very dem ah undermure.
Speaker 3: Now you ain't shot down. Now you shake the coupor you ain't shot in.
Speaker 2: Now everything goes now everything goes behind closed doors. I think Travis Hunter is the best collegiate player in college football. And I'm not talking about snaps because snaps is not a stat But I'm saying, if you look at what he did on the officer side of football, you look at what he's done on the defensive side of the football, It's hard.
Speaker 3: For me to say that there is a I've seen a better college player. I haven't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we've seen I don't know if we've seen a better college athlete that played the game of football.
Speaker 3: I can't say that I've seen that.
Speaker 2: And to to to be top five and receiving yards, to be top five and in receptions uh, to play uh at the level that he played at on the defensive side of the football, that's just me.
Speaker 3: Look and I understand. I respect these guys.
Speaker 2: Matt Lioner is a is a is a Heisman Trophy winner, and he gets a vote. Rock Heward analyzed the game. I love the way he calls the game. Jonathan Stewart played in played in the league and played at a very high level. So I respect all these guys opinion, but for me, the best collegiate player in football, tra is Travis Hunt.
Speaker 1: Anyone that that would that would disagree Again, some people are gonna hold hold Travis at the state because of their personal bendetas against Prime because it's Colorado. For whatever reason, they won't give him his credit, his due credit. You know, those people that can't get or side with their personal reason for hating Prime and are going to allow that to effect what Travis Hunter has done and their decision making when it comes to you know, the Heisman voting.
Speaker 5: Or just like, it's ridiculous, man, it is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And those that have played the game of football, that have actually played the game of foall and am watching him do what he's doing and still have.
Speaker 5: Thoughts that someone else with the heightsman is beyond me because I've never seen it and I was a great athlete and I ain't never seen no like that. Yeah, yeah, what what the hell did y'all look at that?
Speaker 2: And don't I don't care. But he gets And my thing is, boy, I don't he well, he ain't gonna be. I don't care if he can do it at the next level. We're talking about this level. The Heisman Trophy. Ain't got nothing to do with the NFL level we're talking about this year, and if you're not, say, well, he's not even a top ten player, I believe Look yeah that now see now, y'all, you're saying stuff just to say stuff because he is a top ten player and his draft is gonna his his draft status is gonna reflect that. Look, maybe he maybe he won't be as good as receiver than a fil, maybe he won't be as good as dB. But we're talking about right now as a collegiate player. Oo, that's what we're talking about. Because who to say that Ashton Gent is going to go to the NFL and play and have the type of career in the NFL that he had in college.
Speaker 3: A lot of times got Troy Davis.
Speaker 2: I don't even think played the snaw Matt Fourte had a couple of good years in the NFL. I think the Smith kid uh from UFC and u c F. I don't think he might well. I think he played like a year or two in Detroit, but he never had the Obviously we look Barry and Ladanion of Marcus Allen.
Speaker 3: You know a ron Dame ron.
Speaker 2: Da ain't even have the type of career he wasn't he was the all time lead rush in college.
Speaker 1: Jeremy is different than Ricky Williams's one thing to be able to college.
Speaker 5: When you get to that.
Speaker 1: Next, they got miles of feed, the broom broom in the have a life to take care of.
Speaker 5: They got, they got, they got kids.
Speaker 1: Mortgages, yeah, cardinal rent, insurance, side chick.
Speaker 5: Look, then you finish, come up, you finish next in two thousand, every season.
Speaker 3: Mash.
Speaker 2: Every because here's the thing in college and what I try to tell people. Look on the college team, let's take the best college team ever assembled. Let's just say out of one hundred and fifteen players, they got thirty NFL players.
Speaker 3: The NFL got a fifty three man roster. All of them more in the NFL.
Speaker 2: All of them there, even the fifteen or sixteen practice squad guys are in the NFL.
Speaker 3: So that's the difference. What you're going against every seat. And what I tell people this, Oh you, I used to tell people all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you talk to take the best player, the best offensive lineman, the best defensive lineman. You take the best DV. You take the best wide receiver. If that guy in the NFL. He can make it look foolish. An average DV can take a great wide receiver and time with You're like, what happened to him? He must be hurt? And the and the same thing off I've seen off a great offensive alignment and guys just guys.
Speaker 3: Like that, How you beat that man for two sacks?
Speaker 2: That man is the first team All Pro tackle and you got two sacks and three fressions on him.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: It's different when you're going up against a grown man and his only job is to what.
Speaker 3: Be a football player.
Speaker 2: These guys gotta go to class, they gotta go to study hall, they got to do all this other stuff, professional law, they do football.
Speaker 1: Like where I said, basically that it is grown man at the next level and it's not gonna be easy. And then they would probably say, well, hell, the same will go for Travis Hunter and him being successful at the next level.
Speaker 5: Listen, if if if you.
Speaker 1: Know football, if you understand skill sets and you understand DNA, and if you understand a person being special at what they do, you know when it's going to drink transition, Well, he's one of them players.
Speaker 5: He's one of those people he's one of those people. It's going to transition.
Speaker 1: I mean, just just so people don't say, you just said it's difficult when when playing go from college and the chance of making it at the next level or being as successful as you were in college at the next level, it's difficult.
Speaker 5: Yes, but you can tell you just know, O Joe.
Speaker 2: But but oh Joe, we're not saying.
Speaker 3: In college.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm saying, let's just say he has to speak. Let's just say they have packages. And because you know what happened, O Joe, when you have a dominant college career, people.
Speaker 5: Automatically assume you're gonna come do.
Speaker 3: That in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yes, And but you sent those expectations by doing what you've done at the collegiate letter. So it doesn't matter where you play football or basketball or baseball or whatever the case may be. When you have when you set up lofty expectations, when you see guys like a Fred Curley in track, or you see guys like a Michael Norman in track and they have outstanding careers. What Zobier x man he won thee hundred and the four hundred meters, but injuries.
Speaker 3: So they expect you to go. I mean, but there are some guys.
Speaker 2: You look at Michael Johnson, Michael didn't have that great a college career, and he's one of the two or three great greatest track sprinners in the history of the sport. When you talk when you talk about speed, so you talk about you know, from four hundred down, who I mean, what you got? You say, maybe Carl, that's it. But he didn't have he didn't have a stellar career like you know some of some of these others like Carl. Carl could have made eight Olympics in our boycott it, but you don't. You don't know, o Jo. But I'm just saying I'm throwing I'm throwing out fell apart. I'm talking about right now what we saw this.
Speaker 1: Think about the great receivers. When you saw Meigga Tron at Georgia Tech, you know what it was. When you saw Larry Fitzgerald at Pittsburgh, Yes, you knew what.
Speaker 3: Time it was.
Speaker 5: You know when you saw Junio Jones and Alabama, you knew what time it was.
Speaker 1: When you saw Travis Hunter at Colorado, you know.
Speaker 3: What time it is.
Speaker 2: Well, I knew Megatrope would even be better pro I said, because if he ever, if he ever had a quarterback, he could be something special.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he was at Georgia Tech.
Speaker 2: They ran the football, so he catching forty five, he catching forty five passes. But when you look at his size, he's six foot four, two hundred and four, he's running four to three. You're like, who's gonna deal with that? First of all, who gonna press it? What DV tried to press Megatron? Okay, now you get him in the red zone, you gotta give him gunner. You gotta give him gunner gunner support basically lining two guys up on the top, over the top of it, or he gonna jump up and catch the ball. He got a forty plus h vertical. Yeah, he's six foot four, he's two forty So we saw when he got a quarterback. Well, you just saw the numbers that he put up. He just had arguably one of the greatest single seasons in the history. He still has the record almost two thousand yards and sixteen games. So you're you're absolutely right. Sometimes you can just look at a guy and see it translate like, yeah, n gonna be He's gonna be not. Yeah, Well, I guess what Ojoe next Saturday, we're gonna find out all this speculation. I think he should win because they're gonna be some disappointed for him both sides. People gonna say gent should have won if he doesn't win. People gonna say Travis should have won if he doesn't win. But hey, whatever, the case is not a situation where it's like Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow was the overwhelming favorite.
Speaker 1: You know, Reggie, you shouldn't even be sad if gent D wins, if Travis wins. At the end of the day, both of them won regardless. And I'm not talking about the goddamn Heistan. I'm just saying in general, both of them won regardless. No matter who's going home with that goddamn trophy. They both had great seasons their boy, they're both getting ready to do great things at the next level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, look here, old Joe, are you out went that trophy? I ain't finish get here. I'm just happy to I'm just having to be a part of it. I want that trophy because guess what, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because they remember that.
Speaker 2: You see you see all those the Heisman House, and they have all those old guys that have Archie Griffin and.
Speaker 3: The hell uh uh.
Speaker 2: They have a market found, they have Barry, they have t Bow, and they have all bro.
Speaker 3: I want to be a part of that.
Speaker 2: Okay, damn yeah, because guess what, O Joe, fifteen years from now, they ain't nobody gonn remember no two thousand yard run season. If you don't win the trophy, we remember, we remember Marcus. He was the first to do it. He won the Heisman. Barry did it, he won the Heisman. Ricky did it. He won the Heisman. Uh, Henry, Henry did it, he won the Heisman.
Speaker 3: Found the yard. Don't mean to say if you ain't got that trophy to come.
Speaker 5: Along with.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm with you when you're right, but yeah, I'm with you, but I'm just it was a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 5: It was a great thing, you know. But so many other people have done it already. With Travis Hunt is done.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen that before right now for that level consistently, weekend and week out, the volume