Speaker 1: It's a brand new feature on. One more thing. It's one more thing. I'm strong and Getty. One more thing before we get to the new feature. Michaelangelo, you had a big birthday over the weekend. Yeah, I turned fifty. Nice celebration, how to go.
Speaker 2: I tried to keep it low key, just to go, went out to dinner, got some gifts, family friends, you know, just low key, nothing exciting.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big partier. Yeah, we know that about you. Yeah. I was thinking I was going to do something like huge for my sixtieth and didn't. It was fun, it was great. The kids were in town, so we just kind of celebrated as a family and it was fine. I was thinking of like hiring one of my favorite bands and having them do a private show. I had visions of grandeur, but then it's not not aale with it sounds like a lot of work. Yeah, Loki's the best. I think. I did have a heck of a wing ding for my four That was fun.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, winging. Oh it was. It was like a barbecued catering and a cag and uh, the dead flowers were active at that point, so I think we may have played a little bit, just with acoustic guitars and stuff like that, and other people strummed and and my dog got drunk, and uh it was it was a good party. Really, How did how did the dog get drunk? Well, in the I think it was the next morning, the keg was still out there in the garbage can, like with melted ice, and like all of the beer and foam that had spilled over, So the water was probably mildly alcoholic. And this was Onyx are our old black lab and he was unmistakably intoxicated, which is not good for dogs. Their livers are not made to take an alcohol. It's a terrible idea. Don't feed alcohol to your dog. So we were really concerned about it, but called the vet. The vet said, how much did he drink? I'll keep an eye and I'm gonna let us know if anything crazy happens. It was fine.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Onyx is just chilling and just really wishes he had a cigarette.
Speaker 2: You know, I was wondering was he an angry drunk or.
Speaker 1: No, he was a laying around in the sunshine drunk, which was what he was sober as well, So you know, and somebody gets drunk, their real character comes out. Yeah, he wanted to lay in the sunshine. He's a big black dog, was a big pup dog. God rest his doggy soul. But anyway, so happy belated birthday, Michael. Although we wished you happy birthday at the time.
Speaker 2: Hope, yeah, no, I appreciated wishes.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Of course, a bunch of love filled messages telling him you had one foot in the grave.
Speaker 1: Yep, skulls and crossbones, that sort of thing, the traditional I got a lot of those. Yes, Well, we laugh about the things we fear as human beings. It's it's part of being a human being. Anyway. So here's the new feature, and of course it has to have a theme song. So I've been working on it. I've been working on this for hours. What is we didn't get to today? Stories we didn't get to today? What do you think? Katie's look says it all abject horror. I don't like to light to you. Joel Plate thirty three. Michael, this is not good. This just should not happen.
Speaker 4: Owen Ray was on spring break with a friend in Copenhagen, Denmark, and the attorney tells us the two were heading back to their hotel. The night of March thirtieth, had a dispute with their ride share driver. The pair that exited the vehicle. The driver subsequently got out as well and kicked Owen. Owen then pushed back and the driver fell. Owen and his friend ran away and then went to the airport for their separate flights home the next day. That's when authorities prevented them from boarding their flights, deeming them to be a flight risk. The attorney says, the pair has been in custody since that time.
Speaker 1: You know, I would have to say to the authorities, I'm about to walk on an airliner and you're calling me a flight risk. You get how funny that is? I mean, do you understand how funny? How Why are you hitting me? Those cuffs are tight? Oh I'm a guaranteed flight risk. I'm literally getting ready. Oh you get it. I get okay, stop hitting me. So that reminds me of ages ago. So back when Jack drank Katie, we would occasionally like go out on the town, particularly if we were we would go to our affiliate in San Francisco at the time a fair amount and do meetings and broadcasts from there and meet clients and that sort of thing like at the beginning, once a week overnight. Okay, we'd be there for a couple of days, and then it was less and less, But so we would often we were young and wrong and hardy at that point, but we would often go out and get our drink on and I would I would always bow out, you know, like it was already two hours later than I should have stopped, but I'd be like I going back.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Hell, Jack would plunge on through the night. I mean, that doesn't shook me at all. He would barely sleep at all, and it would have killed me. I just don't have the constitution for it. But so the one time we parted company and he just continued on doing whatever he did, and he got a cab ride home from this. You know what, stealing somebody else's story is terrible, it's plagiarism. But he had a cabby and the ride share thing reminded me of it, who had some sort of accent. And Jack said, so where are you from? And Cabby said, you know whatever, here San Francisco. He said, no, no, where are you from originally? And he's like, I've lived in San Francio. No, your family where they're from, and this guy took a fence to it and he started yelling, what do you want me to do? Dig up my parents and show you their bones?
Speaker 4: You want.
Speaker 1: My own family? Insucked my family and he went crazy and Jack thought he was gonna have to fight him, and the guy just heaved him out of the cab, said get out of my cab s get him somewhere in the middle of San Francisco to make his way home again.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to dig up my parents' bones bones? Yes, yes, I howl in that at you. They're pissed off. Throws you out of the cap.
Speaker 3: The amount of money I would pay to go back in time and have one of those nights out with both of you.
Speaker 1: Guys, Oh yeah, man, Yeah, well you could. You could probably get some fairly accurate accounts of it from Jamie Coffee, who was our news person at the time, who would go with us on these tracks, believe it or not. Yeah, there was budget for three people's hotel rooms. No way. Yeah, I know. Well I think it was trade like you know other in exchange for advertising, but it was almost always at the Fabulous Handlery Hotel. Ye shout out to John Handlery and the crew always nice right off of Union Square, beautiful hotel and just lovely anyway, good times. But yeah, we would all go out and Scott our producer, Scotty, shout out to you too, my friend. It was just it was crazy, stupid, unnecessary, excessive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this industry kind of creates that sometimes though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we would we at least once we're all out together, and and somebody decided it was a good idea as we walked along the pavement to stop in one of the well sex shops in San Francisco that had various toys and elements and accessories for you to enjoy intimacy's with the partner of your choice, and just walked around, giggling, looking at all the devices and and talking about them and suggesting what could be done with them. Which again it's it's three dudes and a woman. Although Jamie, God bless her, Katie, you would get along with great because she is no shrinking violet. Okay, I mean, if something truly offensive were said in that setting, it was Jamie.
Speaker 3: Saying, yes, okay, well she sounds like my spirit animal.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, yeah, yeah, you're you're a sister from another mister or something. Yeah, what Oh I love Jamie anyway? Uh dur where was I?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was just it was one of those nights. Got a great song out of one of those nights, post street Blues. Look it up on Apple Music or wherever you get your music.
Speaker 3: Okay, just.
Speaker 1: So hammered.
Speaker 3: Is there another track called do You Want Me to Dig Up My Parents' Bones?
Speaker 1: It's an instrumental? Yeah, okay, all right, back to stories. We didn't get to this thirty four. I think it's self explanatatious, Michael, if you'd play that for us.
Speaker 5: Several groups supporting crime victims are how speaking out against resentencing for Lyle and Eric Menendez.
Speaker 1: A judge in Los Angeles ruled.
Speaker 5: Friday that process should move forward, which could ultimately lead to.
Speaker 1: Their release from prison.
Speaker 5: The Menendez family says the brother's aunt, Terry Berralt, is hospitalized in critical condition. They say she became upset when the DA showed an image of Jose Menendez's lifeless body during a hearing last week.
Speaker 1: All right, see, you got the whole Menendez brothers thing and all here's the headline. I did not see coming. Rosi O'Donnell says convicted killer Lyle Menendez is the first straight man she could love and trust.
Speaker 3: Oh good, good, very good. I'm sure she's thrilled about that headline.
Speaker 1: Roso Donald, who I believe lives in Ireland now because Trump got elected, has said that Lyle Menendez is the first straight man she could love or trust. They've been longtime friends. While he remained behind bars, he started calling me on a regular basis from the tablet phone thing they have. He would tell me about his life, what he's been doing in prison, and for the first time in my life, I felt safe enough to trust and be vulnerable and love a straight man.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't there's even words for that.
Speaker 1: What I know? What is she trying? He's just everything?
Speaker 3: Is she trying everything she can to be a headline or relevant or something?
Speaker 1: I don't know. This is bizarre. Yeah, I think she broke. She's had a psychic break because the real estate developer with whom she had a long and bitter feud is now the most powerful man in the world, and she just couldn't take it anymore. She's the female on you now. Yeah, yeah, you know, there's there's a great deal more to the story. Maybe we'll hit it on the on the Armstrong and Getty Show, the radio show tomorrow. But Rosie, get help, Darling. Do they have help in Ireland? I think they probably have a pretty good health plan. Get help. You're crazy, cuckoout well.
Speaker 2: I guess that's it.