Speaker 1: Speaks to the planet. I go by the name of charlamagnea god, and guess what. I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions May Be Be and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast. We're taking Jay Valentine. We got the Women of All Podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts. We got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast, and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: Flame.
Speaker 1: If you watch the Coffee Time the Baby you know the name Flame my Bro also known as my Roe Flame.
Speaker 3: Come in with last and come in with them Love Lamb's Baby. You better catch it.
Speaker 1: When you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 3: Shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 4: What's up? Tips?
Speaker 3: Yeah you know she read shot towns one speaking to the grown a second. We gonna last cut up and kick it in at the end. We leave it with just a lifted spirits that you want to revisit. So you first take a listen. Young folks say it's slip.
Speaker 4: Old folks say we did it good.
Speaker 3: Hey't know this through what you do? Hey, no peace, do what you do? Hey, no this do what I do? No?
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, this is episode forty two of Laugh and Learn. I'm here with my beautiful friend Flame and Roe and obviously me Bobby Clifford, ready to talk about all the craziness that's.
Speaker 4: Been going on in DC. Are you ready claim.
Speaker 6: I'm ready about it? Will Bobby take the lead this week y'all because y'all know it's a very hard week for me. But I'm here, as you know if you follow me on it's on social media. I lost timmy last week and it has really devastated me. Then my kids are really acting crazy. It's just been a trying, trying week, but not as trying as what's happening in our America, in this government and in this crisis in time that we're living in. It is barbaria to the situations that we are. And I'm loving the fact that I'm not loving that we have to realize this. I think that God put Trump in our lives for a reason to make us understand what's most important. Y'all kept looking at people cause of their color or cause of their stature, when you didn't put all of us in the same damn ship again on the Titanic, when the ship sank, rich poor in between sank, they sank too. We are fucking sinking. And I'm a little passionate today because I'm hurt and I'm angry, but I am very happy to see that on today, on this day, on Saturday, April the fifth, the protests, our fucking hands off is everywhere. Every city has rallied together. Bobby said they had one hundred thousand in the rain in the You know, they're everywhere there in Wisconsin, they are in Minnesota, they are in West Virginia. They are everywhere saying enough is enough. And this has only been two months. We don't want this no more, America. We got to push racism to the back burner because it's bullshit. But what y'all do right now is helping. I don't know how much help it's going to do at the moment because they still run all branches of government, but our voices will be heard and they are being heard. So thank you, guys for the protests everywhere. The protests look like what he wanted his inauguration took like right.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 5: A lot of people, I mean, you just said it. In Boston alone, where I'm at, we have driving rain. We're having like a real spring rainstorm. And there were one hundred thousand large with all of our all of our big wigs, Ayana Presley, our congresswoman, Senator Marquee, the mayor, the lieutenant governor, a big showing and the driving rain of from the drop kick Murphy's flamed. They were rolling them out in wheelchairs. There were elderly people rolating themselves and they're there. The hands are off rallies. Leave our social security, our medicare, and our medicaid the f alone. And that was the that was the biggest message. It was pro worker, pro constitution, and pro Democrat. And this is one of the only ways this and our and our power of our purse are two of the only ways until this next election in a year and a half come up that we can actually.
Speaker 4: Say something we also had.
Speaker 5: Let's not forget and you can feel any sort of way, but at least he was trying to do something. Hory Booker twenty five hours and five minutes railing against what he feels is potentially going to be wrong with what Trump is doing and what this new administration is doing. He outbeat Strong Sermon, who was against civil rights. So I love to see that racist put into his place, and especially by a black man. So people are trying to do stuff, but we have to we have to hold strong. We have to get a message, you know, the Democrats have to get a message, and.
Speaker 4: You're going to keep moving. But this, I thought this was impressive. D C's was huge. The mall was filled.
Speaker 5: As you said, there were twelve hundred cities that did this, so it wasn't just like each state, you know, what happened in the capitals.
Speaker 4: They were all over. I found this pretty impressive.
Speaker 6: So do I, Bobby, and only I can't. I know, we can't go back, but we needed this passion. We needed this aggression. We needed this fire November the fourth, This is what we need. And the people were warning you, guys, but you were so held that on this thing to the foodighes. So again, when you're empty, it's easy to be poured into It's what you allow to be poured into you. Pete Boutage is I want to give a quote from Pete boutagets. He says, even the greatest country, He says, even the greatest country, if it loses the rule of law, will not have much left. We are losing our rule of law. But I think that we are deep enough in and have realized that they don't care about our seniors, our veterans, our working class enough to say, goddamn it, enough is enough. Because America we some disgruntle bastards. Let me say that I'm an American. I am a disgruntle bastard. And when you push me to the wall, the discruntal bastard stands up, push my dukes up, and we gonna swing back. I love that we are swinging back. I love that we are swinging back. I just hope it's not too late by me. I hope it's not too late to turn it around.
Speaker 5: I don't think it is. I really believe that, but we have to keep this momentum up.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 5: It's not just Democrats, it's independence and even which we'll talk about in a second. There are there are especially against the tariffs some Canada, there are members staunch members of the GOP that are voting with the Dems to get stuff done. No, I mean people are just they've had it. You know, Musk, his sales have plunged thirteen percent. One because people.
Speaker 4: Don't like Musk, I'm sure or you know what he's doing, what he's trying to do. Two is they're all against ev cars. That's what his car is.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Biden probably had his numbers soaring because he was pushing, you know, alternative methods for energy. But is what we're going to have to do. Sometimes you have to break everything to the ground to actually fix it. And I think we've become, to be quite honest, too complacent. We've talked about this before. We just kind of sailed along and didn't really we weren't really worried about what was happening. Now, all of a sudden, we have you got Greenland and Denmark or anger with you. We've got all sorts of travel warnings about going out as Americans, be careful where you're headed.
Speaker 4: We never had anything like that.
Speaker 6: My God.
Speaker 5: I used to go out, go to different countries and hold my head high. You know, we're stripping down stuff at the Smithsonian and telling them to put back up. Since twenty twenty we had all that Confederate statues and stuff removed. He's having those put back in. He's throwing everything against the wall. I don't know why. I think he likes to see things broken, and it's up to us to do exactly what we did today.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, trying to dismantle anything of black and brown descent. They want to do away with the African American just sum and the Museum in DC. They want to do away with all the indigenous stuff. They want to do away with anything of history. It's ridiculous. But I do agree with what you said, Bobby. I think that God is going to have us completely dismantle because what America is is not what America is right now. What America's standing point on was people cared about each other, people took care of each other in some kind of way. He allowed them to take everything away to what and we got, like you said, we got a place and I got this. I'm cool. If you don't get it, I don't know what to tell you. I'll give you a little bit, but not more than me. I don't want you to be as quell as me. Maybe maybe we needed to be humbled as a country.
Speaker 4: You just said.
Speaker 6: I hate that it had to come to this, but maybe we needed to be humbled as a country, to be reminded that we are of our humanity. So from humbled, from from humble to humanity, the title might be exactly what we are, because this is what has happened to us. Bobby, let me tell you something. I worked in the club last night with them with Tiffy had it in the most diverse artist. It had to be six hundred people in there, and this was a comedy club, so I was able to interact with the people. It's not like we were at a theatre arena where they couldn't you know, I couldn't treat you. And I hosted the show and I talked to the people, and I made fine of all the races and woo woo, and after the show, I announced at the end of the night. Now, this is what I want you to take away from this comedy show. You have heard this word, you've heard that word. You heard me made fun about Mega, about Democrats, about Republicans, about black and white and Latino and Asian, and you've heard me say all. And guess what we all did tonight. We all laughed together. We all laughed together. If laughing is what is going to be the healer, then I'm the damn bandaid because I bandiated it last night. It just I don't know where we allowed it, this hate and its bitterness to come from the top and just trickle down over America. And it's got us going. And if y'all think that these protests are something, you wait to these tariffs kicking in and he just dropped, because I'm telling you right now, you was worried about a dozen of eggs being ten dollars. A low for bread will be a fucking thousand. It will be a luxury to have a loaf for breathing. It will be a luxury to have gas in your car.
Speaker 5: Yep, even if it's an American, because that's the part that everybody is. I was listening to a gentleman that has a dealership. I guess he's a big wig. Bobby owns a gazillion dealerships. And he was talking about and he's a Republican, and he's talking about the most popular car, a truck of Ford F one fifty. And he said, fifty three percent of the of the parts are here in the United States. The other forty seven come from different countries. He said, his car is there exponentially going to go up by four to five thousand dollars at least, he said. The thought that people are going to eat those costs is ridiculous. Of course, it's going to be passed on to the consumer. So you're just even talking about bread. There might be flowers we don't have, or it just it's crazy. He wants to promote me on your face. It takes three to five years to get a to get a building erected for the manufacturing, never mind to train the people.
Speaker 4: That are in it.
Speaker 5: So we're all for three to five years going to drive the same cars. Hope your car is not on its last leg or whatever it is, whatever item that you think you are. And now we're Americans, let's not forget that. We're not going to work for fifteen dollars a week like they are in China. So an iPhone that costs one thousand dollars because it comes from China will be thirty five hundred dollars here in the United States to manufacture because we pay a certain.
Speaker 6: Wage might be cheap. And if China to go over you the phone, huh.
Speaker 5: You absolutely and stay that you could have a little vacation and go pick up all year whatever. But that's exactly it makes no sense. It's not financially or economically smart to get everything and to make everything here. We want more money, you know, we want a minimum wage. They don't have minimum wage there. And unfortunately people you can live cheaper, but you can't hear, so nobody will be able to afford anything. It's absolutely crazy the way that it's going. We have the thirty four percent. China did that retaliation tarraff this week. We're in big trouble with the tariffs. He better peel it back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I think who's in the most trouble here? And I think people are missing a point Because I was listening to Bill Maher and I forget who the man name was on there, So he was talking about and I think the millionaires are probably the people who are going to be the most in trouble in this country, because what is going to happen is, y'all hear me, hear me, well, the billionaires. Once the tear they raised, the tears, people will will stress out and they will sell everything. The billionaires will buy everything, They will buy everything. Then they will drop the terars on other countries. But what has happened is other countries are now doing business with each businesses with each other, excluding America, which will lower the value of the American dollar. So even once we drop the terriffs, after they have already set an institution, the billionaires will own everything. We will have to do business with our own American counterparts, the billionaires who have bought everything, which means they can set the price whatever they want. So the rich will get wealthy and the poor will get destitute. This is what we are and this is what we allow, and this is who we voted for. It will be different if he was born into royalty. This was his bloodline. Unfortunately, y'all failed for the Okie dock, and y'all voted for this man because y'all was so filled with hate and rage and oh, we're going to be the minority that you allowed this to happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was listening to somebody to build on what you just said. His name is Dave Portnoy. He was the founder of barstool Sports. It's a online barning betting site. I guess he is a millionaire, not a billionaire, and he was He's Republican and he was outraged.
Speaker 4: The other day he took to social media.
Speaker 5: He lost seven million dollars in that one day and he was absolutely furious. So you're exactly right. The billionaires are going to be the safe ones. The millionaires who think that they're all that in a bag of chips.
Speaker 4: They're not going to have as much as they actually thought they were going to that they actually have.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I'm almost happy to be poor right now.
Speaker 4: How the mighty have fallen, But I don't have that fire to fall myself.
Speaker 6: The billionaires will crazy, The billionaires will consume everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the same faces that we keep seeing, the same faces. The only thing I thought I found funny this week, And I was thinking to you, because I love when you say, well, use your expression.
Speaker 4: This is about Elon Musk and.
Speaker 5: Trump has said twice publicly about how oh he thinks that he's going to go back soon, he'll be he'll be out of Doshun because he's going to want to go and run his companies. You know, we're so lucky to have him, but I'm thinking you're about to lose your job.
Speaker 4: And he will be blaming. Everything will be your fault. You're going to see that.
Speaker 6: Excuse me. That was always set in stone because as soon as Trump partnered with Musk, it was a big thing. But when must started getting more limelight, more shine, more stage time, it really got up under Trump's skin. You have to know where you stay with him. You have to stay in his shadow, close enough to his life, but always in his shadow. That's not Elon Musk's role. So it's going to play out in public and it's going to be very it's going to be very ugly. Bobby. Honestly, I think.
Speaker 5: It is true, and I think part of that is they keep saying that Mosque has Asperger's and so part of me feels badly for him because he doesn't know enough, like he doesn't have the social cues when you have Assburgers to know enough.
Speaker 4: He thinks he's rocking it.
Speaker 5: And you know, Trump is sitting behind that the resolute desk, and he's happy. He's not happy with his kids sitting there, musks, kids sitting there picking his nose and him giving the big speech. He's only happy if he can blame something. You know, like, what do you use.
Speaker 4: The expression as an overplay for the underplay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's just Trump is thinking about, Okay, if we do this and it doesn't work, at least it's not going to fall on me, that's all.
Speaker 4: He's not loving them.
Speaker 6: And with Corey Brooker what he did, I'll tell you, I want to get excited that you know he did it. He may history whatever, but I have to remember who Corey Brooker is. You know, I have to remember the Tita today. This is the problem everybody. Fear is is is what's the word? Fear is almost key, It's almost intoxicating sometimes because you're afraid. Then you make me afraid watching you be afraid. It'll make me afraid. If you don't know who you are and you are empty, fear will win. We lost this election off of fear. Body, We lost this election off of fear and promises that he said, I'm gonna get you back. I'm gonna pay you back. I'm gonna pay you back. Hell, you don't even pay your damn bills back the way he was talking about here, gonna pay you back. But y'all fail for y'all fail for it, and we are in such a bad place and such a crisis. I do not want us to go into a war. No promises that he made. You remember, this was the same guy who said he had no idea what Project twenty twenty five is. And we're not even three months in and probably eight hundred of those nine hundred pages are being executed as we speak.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's trying. He's trying something.
Speaker 5: I mean, the other thing we have to do everybody is you have to hold regardless of who I don't care what party they are, you have to hold people accountable when they screw up. I am so disappointed. We started to talk about signal Gate last time. It didn't even have a name with you know, Haig Seth and Walls giving out. They say that they weren't plans to plans, war plans, but they were something they told the time, They told what would happen, what was used. But just to say we screwed up. We're never going to use this signal system again, and we're sorry. There are like doubling down And I don't care who you are. That was wrong, so wrong, and why they can't just own anything. That's the other thing I don't like about this administration. We all make mistakes, just own it.
Speaker 6: That wasn't a mistake, that was idiotic incompetence and unqualified opportunity. Well, y'all ave to holid You put people who that's like you put me in a rockety science class and tell me I think I need to make a spaceshift to go out of space. Ar I'm sorry. That would be Eli Musk after eight attempts. But that would be like I would be a fish out of water. I wouldn't know what is what and I would say, because I know, listen, I can't do this job. I'm not qualified for this job. But they're there, their power, they're there. I have to be in control or you can't tell me what. We'll have superseded everything and they go in like a shark, even if it's wrong with the collateral damage. Unfortunately, it's the American people and we are losing Bobby. We are losing. And if America with these tariffs going up like this, if the value of the American dollar drops, oh my god, we're going to be If people say they don't need American dollars anymore, we will be in a way more trouble than we know. I don't think people have really come to the whole full realization of that, the impact of that.
Speaker 4: They should be watching.
Speaker 5: I mean all the doll the doll plunged I think it was twenty two hundred points the other day and then went down another six hundred the next day. And I remember Trump saying, I think it was during Biden during the COVID period, the beginning COVID, when the when the doll was dropping that you know, people should be fighting from their job, take thrown out of office or whatever. If you had two days in a row that were bad, that went under five, what about the Oh that's not a problem. They're estimating now that the tariffs, the more that they're seeing them and the more realistic it is, they're going to cost the average households. Now the newest the newest number is fifty five hundred a year. That that I can't I don't make a ton of money. Fifty five hundred a year is huge. That could go on my student loan, for the love of God. And that's gross money, people, that's not net like after your taxes and everything. That's right off the top. So God knows in net money what that is.
Speaker 4: It's probably double.
Speaker 6: I was watching President Obama, former President Obama speak the other day. He was like, could you imagine if I had on a midgeon of this, just a little part of this? And he was so right, because sometimes you don't want to face it, they don't want to hear it. But I love that he called it out because we got on him for wearing a tan suit. Could you imagine had he done some of these Atlantis states with this new administration and stuff, they would have crucified this man.
Speaker 4: They absolutely well, and I saw that. I loved that.
Speaker 5: When he was speaking, he said, the same people who are completely silent about what's happening right now would have eaten me alive.
Speaker 4: You know, it's just it's important, Hey.
Speaker 6: You know what happened. Unfortunately, you know what happened by me. I had to go back to the Bible. They didn't believe Jesus either, until after they crucified him.
Speaker 5: I know, I keep thinking, Joe Biden's probably sitting going that you're loving me now, everybody. He had the strongest economy in the world walking out. Of course, they're still blaming him. The real crazy mega people like that. And I say crazy because they really don't do any of the work, and they don't look at any other channel but Fox, you know, like I watch five and six channels every week because I don't want to be biased by anybody. I just want to have the most fair news. They don't believe any of it, but they're blaming Biden. He and Kamalas screwed the country up so bad, so bad that it went three months into the net when it was the strongest economy. They had such talents that they could flip it around and make this happen. This is a direct relation to what he's doing. It's all his plan. He's not shocked that it's happening. He's golfing. For Christ's sake, we're paying for him to golf.
Speaker 6: Well, we've been discussed that, but this is what's going to flip the last few Republicans that we have in this country that don't want to bully they may have went along with the bullshit, but when this Dow jones them lose the money in the stock market so rapidly and so heavily, this is what's gonna make them pay attention, because you, like you said, Bobby, when you hit people in their pockets and make them pay attention. Target has taken an ass whooping. Walmart has taken an ass whooping, and now some of you billionaires a millionaires from the stock market from him making these incompetent decisions in the White House taking an ass whooping, losing tons of money a day. You said seven million, they said Elon Muslow twenty nine, like twenty nine billion in a day or something like that. That is that is money that we will not probably never see in two lifetimes. But for them to lose something like that and one day, that is one that is going to make the last few of the good Mohicans stand up and be like, you're done it, We're done. We can't we cannot afford this, We cannot take this in competence. No matter how white we want this country to be, or how no matter how Christian we claim we want this country to be, this is not working for us. That's what's gonna take. I'm telling you, Bobby, they gonna get their ass kicked, and then they gonna kick his ass out, and then they're gonna kick his ass out.
Speaker 5: I want safe, so I always I have never gone to bed, thanks to our military and thanks to strong leadership both Republican and Democrat. I've never gone to sleep prior to this, and worried. Even in Trump's first term, I wasn't happy with it, but I don't feel the sense of I'm worried because you know so many people. He's irritating everybody, and you just spoke about the good Republicans that are voting, So I don't know anything anything's going to happen with this about the the tariffs for Canada because they're saying it's fentanyls related, so they're they're hitting Canada with the twenty five percent tariffs, and we the obviously what party line. Pretty much all the Democrats voted no because it's not about the fentanyl that that's not why he's trying to hit them. And Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Mitch McConnell, and I'd like to have a drum world, please, Rand Paul All voted against it. All Republicans, staunch Republicans, and I think, you know, and stuff like this, you're gonna you're gonna start things. Things are gonna start hitting differently. And I think I don't know how much he pays attention, President Trump, but I'm hoping that his cabinet does that. They pay attention to win their own people and people that have you know, our live or die Republicans are voting against them. I hope they take a step back and say, you know, our trading partners, Mexico and Canada, maybe maybe we shouldn't be hitting them. I do think that Mexico should have a little bit more responsibility for the fentanyl. But she's been stepping it up. She's put you know, more bodies on it, more money to it. I don't know how much, you know, more she could do. And we have a lot of goods that come from from Mexico, so besides the people that are coming over the border.
Speaker 4: So I think that we got to figure it out.
Speaker 6: By the tears have already hit me. You know, I sell fans on the road. I sell my fans from China.
Speaker 5: I thought of that, I said, her fans are going to be fifty bucks, you know with the could you he paid twelve for the shipping?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, the shipping cops used to be like a little bit over one thousand bucks for air. Now with this new thirty four percent height on the on the tails body, it's going to cost me at least three to four thousand dollars just to ship. Not this is not the product.
Speaker 5: This is just no exactly, just to get it here. Yeah, just to get it here. And I always say to people when you're when you're seeing Flame and you see her all the time, the best place to get your fan is when you when you're actually with her, because you don't have to you know, there's an additional shipping cost. Her fans are reasonable, it's the shipping that kills her when she's getting them out to you. God, I hope that doesn't go up. It'll be they'll be prohibitive.
Speaker 6: Listen, Yeah, be collective's items because I'm not going to spend out my money on there, and I'm not going to charge to consume. I'm not going to charge my fans forty and fifty bucks for a damn fan. I'm not going to do that. I just don't think that that's right. And people are living at hard times. A low for bridge, this is not damn bread. A low for bread is going to be bananas. How are you going to feed your family? I'm telling you, But y'all, I don't know if people thought that long term. They believed the foolishness that he was shoveling down their throat, Bobby, and they fell for it, hook line and sinker, and some would threat some was just being threatened. But like for the Latinos and for even for the black people who voted for him, and even for the poor whites in Virginia whose parents were on oxygen and on installin, and well, he's not gonna you guys are really filling the country right now. I don't want to say, like, like Kamala Harris said the other day, I told you so, and she fell out laughing, but she did tell you. She did.
Speaker 4: They just didn't believe it. They didn't think it would hit them.
Speaker 5: We have federal employees that are Republican who really believed it wouldn't come down, and it wouldn't.
Speaker 4: He didn't. Here's the saying.
Speaker 5: And I'm going to give President Trump credit. He told you exactly what he was going to do.
Speaker 4: He didn't lie that.
Speaker 5: The only thing he lied about was were more of the positive things like he was going to bring He was going to get rid of the wars on day one. That's not doable. You know, you can't do that. He was going to bring down prices. That's foolish because it's a global market. If people you know that that are sending stuff from India, so we can you know ingredients ober, unless their product goes down, our product's not going to go down.
Speaker 4: But he didn't. He didn't deliver on any of that. But he told you all the other miserable stuff he was going to do, and he's doing it. And you know what, does Maya Angelo saying you should have believed him.
Speaker 6: So let's break down the terroifs again, Bobby, because I think people were misunderstood standing that. You guys thought that the terror price raises, what's going to happen to the to the people who were sending him over. He's going to affect you, the consoler that buy. It's the tacks, your eyeglasses, your your some of your prescription medication, uh, things that you rely on day to day that you probably don't even think about you see that made in China, made in China, you'd be thinking that's cheap. That made in China about to be real expensive. It's about to be real expensive to see that made in China on your ship.
Speaker 5: And you just said something that was so important that I don't think then people think of you said medications. Do you know where a ton of our medications come from?
Speaker 4: Canada?
Speaker 6: Canada? Exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: So now you're if you were having a tough time. No, So there are things that are great. If there are things that we actually have here, we should always My father came from He was a teamster, and so we always believed that if it was made in America, if we could buy it here and the product was was just as good, and usually it was better, and it was affordable within you know, all percentage, we always bought here.
Speaker 4: And so that is true.
Speaker 5: We still want to do that, but but there are some things we just can't. We just talked about iPhones. You just can't get here, and by the time they get it, they get it up and running, and even when they do, it's going to be so much more expensive. It doesn't make sense to have it here. We've just it's a tariffs are attacks people. I don't know what they think it is. It's a tax to the consumer. The consumer is the person who purchases it to make our products, and it's going to be passed on to the end user US. So yeah, it's we're in trouble with the tariffs.
Speaker 6: They don't.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping, just like he kept postponing them in the beginning, I'm hoping that he's seeing that he's plumbing and it's not just our dow everybody. This is the world, you know, the economy is all over the place for the entire world. People are going to resent us like you can't believe, because we're effing up there their economies as well.
Speaker 4: But I'm hoping that he after I'm going to give them a week, he pulls this crap down before too much damage is done.
Speaker 6: And then when you said, Bobby, you used to do I love what you said. You traveled, but you held your high hell high as an American in foreign countries. That is almost possibly scary to do now because foreigners blame Americans right now, not for the situation they're in, but for putting Trump in office. Again. He didn't he was not born into this. He wasn't born royal. We elected this fool to be in office who said to us publicly, I can shoot somebody in middle of Central Park and get away with it years ago and didn't say it as a joke and got away with it. Who said that if I ever run, I'm going to run as a Republican because they're the dumbest voters ever.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, and he did, and yeah, absolutely, And it's it's the people know one off, and they understand it's not just that people vote because everybody thinks our country, they're like, well, more people voted, yes, the people who voted fifty two voted for them. It's more people are angry about the ninety million that stayed home why And that's what allowed him to get in. So in other countries are well aware of it.
Speaker 7: I wanted to have many of that ninety I wanted to have many of that ninety million as out of these protests right now, when all you had to do is go vote, vote, then you would have to be out in the rain and the cold.
Speaker 6: Protesting because of you would have just voted correctly. You know, even though even though allegedly these swing state machines, got got a jar, get fixed to get tinkered with. But had you came out in the droves with the popular vote, you wouldn't be in this situation you are now. But you wanted to sit back and be like, Oh, it doesn't matter me, it's not going to affect me. It's affecting the shit out of you right now.
Speaker 4: It's going to affect all of us.
Speaker 5: I think the other thing that I definitely want us to mention today is we had the special elections in both Florida as well as Wisconsin. In Florida, they had two seats, two congressional seats up. Now I didn't think that I didn't think that we would flip those seats, but I wanted to see what the margins will be. And let me tell you, they're saying the margins were way closer than than the GOP that that was helping to run the seats in Florida ever anticipated. And then, as we know, there was a Supreme Court seat up in Wisconsin and that seat did flip to a Democrat. And that one, that one was a that's a high stake seat because uh Tesla has a uh A case. That's it that's in in Wisconsin. So I am sure that the cabinet, uh, that this administration wanted to flip that seat, but they didn't.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 5: People are having enough. So UH, we've got to get a message though people. If we want to flip every other seat that's coming our way or you know the bulk of them and in it's a little over a year and a half, a year and nine months, then we better get at it.
Speaker 6: And the protests are large, Lady, The hands off protests all over the country are magnanimous. They are huge. This is people crying out in pain and anguish and despair and hurt. And I don't know what else to do because you didn't do it when you were supposed to do first, Lady Michelle Obama said do something. I wish we had done something November fourth. Unfortunately we didn't. But now we are flipping this I'm telling you about. The telltale sign was just what you said when Wisconsin flipped. So the place in Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, Yeah, they flipped. But the dal Jones because this is for people who are invest in in UH and and who have big investments that are losing their money. It's quick for one case, gone money, just that you knew that you had for a lifetime to fall back on gone. This is what is going to make people say, I'm not doing this shit. He got to go. They're going to I think he's going to get ousted. I don't know how, but I think they're going.
Speaker 4: To oust him in jobs forget. So you're you are right. People have who had a lifetime. But there are a lot of federal employees. We have had the highest.
Speaker 5: Unemployment that we've had and I think they said six years other thay, no, not six since COVID, since the beginning COVID, So that's going to be five years. And it's in what with the bulk of the positions federal These are people that work their entire lives waiting for their pension, making less money, and and to the way that they're doing it. It's not that what they're doing is wrong. Every single administration has said that going to get rid of fraud and abuse, and but it's so complicated that people it kind of dies on the vine. You know, a little bit gets done, but not a ton of it. But you don't go in and literally eviscerate whole whole departments without seeing exactly and then having to put people back in.
Speaker 4: RFK just did that.
Speaker 5: They let they let oh bunch of people up, and now he's saying, well, some of those people are going to come back because we didn't realize what programs they ran, and those programs said.
Speaker 4: How about this do it for sasshole, Look and see what they actually do.
Speaker 5: You might not be might not know it, but get one of your directors who can tell you what each one of those jobs does, and then figure it out that's what's supposed to happen, and audit lame. It might have taken the full four years to even get to a point where you could have gotten some of these get rid of some of these positions, but it would have been just just and done well, rather than just go in and then cut it all and and not let these people easily get unemployment, make it so that it looks like they were they were let go for cause, and they weren't let go for cause at all, other than a.
Speaker 4: Fool is doing it.
Speaker 5: Did you see that the correspondence Diinner, I love the correspondence Stinner that they have they've gotten rid of the comedian.
Speaker 6: I saw that Bobby and people saying, Oh, they got rid of her cause she's black. I'm like that. That may have been a very tiny percentage of it. But she said something that the Orange Man was not pleased with, and they went back to research their history and that's why they got rid of her. I personally thought they were going to use Hackler or Heckley, whatever his name was, the guy who did the speech, the comedian that he used at the New York rally. I thought he was the shoe in for that job and that petition. Anyway, after how disgrupted he was at the rally, but it caused so much ruckus and it seemed to have we thought it was going to hurt his campaign. It seemed to have helped it. But yeah, I saw that they got her. I think she found out too. I think she fucked around and found out too.
Speaker 5: Yeah she Well, it's it's they loved their like little kids and sour grapes, do you know, like it just it's the Other thing that I thought was shocking this week was.
Speaker 4: Adams.
Speaker 5: Adams charges have been dropped the un York mayor and he is not running as a Democrat at longer. He's now going to run as an independent, and I thought, wow, that's quite interesting. I see for some reason, I think Foremost is going to end up with that seat, and I think he'll do a hell of a job. To be quite honest with you, Adam's he's too slippery for me. So I saw that picture with you with him, and he's a very little guy.
Speaker 4: He didn't even look like he came up to your shoulder.
Speaker 6: He came to my nipple. That works for me. But he was a very pleasant man, and I knew he was under a lot of fire for New York. New York was furious with him for some of the antics that they said that he pulled. I don't know all the details of it, but he was kind to me when I met him, and I knew he was face in prison time. He was facing jail time. So when Trump got appointed an office, he just jumped ship like most people do when they don't want to go to jail. I don't follow him for that, because sometimes you have to save your own ass. But I'm not a New Yorker. I can't tell you how new Yorker is steel because New Yorkers don't hold shit back how they feel. They tell you right there spot on. You ain't got to wait for it. It's coming right there, like a training with no breaks. So he jumped shifted so for Trump to save his ass. So now he's running as an independent. You have to ask yourself how many how many candidates or how many people officials have done that exact same thing. I know I'm in hot water. I know I'm in trouble under the Democratic Party. So I'll jump ship to go up under Trump because he'll save me.
Speaker 4: He flips so that he could run.
Speaker 5: So and his kids infected one of the kids for the first for the first time his first term. Couldn't vote for him because they forgot to. It was one of the boys. They forgot to check their box. They forgot to go in and change from Democrats too.
Speaker 6: Don't do that. They didn't forget you just said it was one of his sons. They ain't forget you already know. You already know the fruit. The fruit don't fall far from the tree. But with Mayor Adams, you know, I don't know all that deliver with him. But he was kind to me when I met him in Chicago, saying much and when I was at the DNC. But Bobby, you know this has been a trying week, ladyes Jim, I know this is not my regular perky laugh a learned, but we were glad to be able to transfer the information to you guys. We are a little delayed this week because it's just been a week for me. Aaron was traveling, I was dealing with last Bobby is my girl. Bobby's trying to find a gain for employment. So anybody is hiring that needs a great research analyst, somebody that you might have to be like, Okay, Bobby, that's enough information just this month, No, no, all this Bobby is your girl, and until we found out what is happening with our podcast. But again, we thank you for downloading us, for sharing us, for liking us, for listening to us, for telling people about us. I'm on the road with Tiffany had this right now. We will be in Texas this weekend. Go to tiffany Headis dot com and everywhere I go, I push our podcast. So we are getting a diverse crowd to come in and listen to us, to share with us how you feel as Americans. Because no matter what we look like, no matter who we pray to you, no matter how we spend our money, we steal all Americas. We got to live in this shit together and right now we're living in some shit. He called the other countries third world country shitholds. He has turned us single handedly or he's trying to into a shithold and as American citizens were not fucking having it. So to all the people out there in the world that are protesting for the hands off protests all over the country, well done. Yes we make We are thanking you. You are making America what America's supposed to be because that slogan they got is bullshit. Uh. My neighbor is Flavor. Will follow me on all social media platforms. That is my co host Bobby Clifford, who carried the wheel this week for me, and I appreciate her by holding the weight down because I'm in a place. You can follow her on Clifford Bobby on Instagram, Bobby Clifford on Facebook, and you can also reach her at the Laugh of Learned podcast page on Instagram. Ladies and gentlemen, we've been doing this for four years. The model ain't changed. It's not going to change because right now we needed to understand that the decisions that you make about you for you are done by you here are laugh alarone. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because why Bobby.
Speaker 4: As a mind and a vote are a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 6: So Dad Davin, don't use your vote and get out there in protest. See if you the voter vices wouldn't be out there, You wouldn't be out there in the cold and the rain. Right now, good god, Okay, ladies, jum, thank you guys so much. Thank you to our producer Aaron. We will catch you guys on time next week. It's just been a trying week, but we know that we appreciate your patience. And again, in the world of politics, especially in America, there's never a dull moment. Thank you, have a great week. Peace.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, AL Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learned Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our objective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you Guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn