Speaker 1: All right, Man Boulet Camp podcasts all the way in the Bay Area.
Speaker 2: Keep out here to fuck.
Speaker 1: With my got Burner Man Special Edition special edition at your first of all, it's new compound you have. It is a man I wish well listen, We're gonna do a tour on the YouTube channels. People will be able to see it. But man, this shit is crazy, dog like. This is is some real like as you would like to say, some real mafia shit.
Speaker 2: It's life ghost shit, dog like shit.
Speaker 3: We built everything you've seen today from the house on the couch in the front room, pacing in the house, and so you know, landlords could be a pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to wait to build something like this until I was a.
Speaker 3: Landlord, until I could buy the building and kind of decide what I want to do. I want to do it, you know, and just not have to answer anyone. I've seen a lot of big businesses, even in this area, being pushed out by their landlord.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that shit. I would never do that. Ever.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like you've always had like like you know, you're always diversified, to say the very least, right, But in terms of like the content space.
Speaker 2: You've always you know, I think back.
Speaker 1: To the days where you were like going viral on World Star, you know what I'm saying, like for wild Things all the way to now Wh're like, you know, you had a show like Burners Round Table that was dope.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're bringing that back or not. Are you planning bringing them? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know, like podcasts for me is like a little tough, Like it's just like it's kind of like you have to be really consistent, and you've been super consistent, so I give you props on that. But for me, it's like I think the cookings were the hearts at not for sure, Like and I really like a lot of people like, you know, he's just doing a cooking show, and I see a lot of people doing cooking shows and doing cooking content.
Speaker 2: But I grew up in a kitchen. My father had a restaurant growing up. You know that that's a beast of a cook. He's a good cook. And then but I feel like, besides the cooking show, I think that.
Speaker 3: Like we want to build like the Urban Food Network, and that's what I'm trying to do over here. That's why I see this building completely empty. The warehouse you saw is completely empty. I'm trying to get some capital, some serious partners and understand the vision to kind of create like what we'd like to watch on the Food Network. I mean, the Food Network is dope. We all get stuck watching it for hours, but it's repetitive. It's the same chefs, its sky Fieri shout out to him, and it's for a certain crowd.
Speaker 2: It's a certain crowd.
Speaker 3: But like there's a whole world out there, like viral Instagram, chefs killing it.
Speaker 2: There's a whole world of like you know, just.
Speaker 3: The black and brown community doing their thing, and just in the food world, it's being ignored by the mainstream television. So our goal is to build a network. And so I said, just like podcasting is cool, but I'm in the Bay one. Not many people roll through here, and too, I don't really know if I want to share this place with that many people. Kind of want to keep it, yeah, do you have too many people coming in and out? Like you said, like this is a special place. It's pure right now, right, you know, I got to keep a little yah, know what I mean. I'm like here, but that's good with me, Like I don't want to have food security out and not be able to sleep. But I like it the way it is now, and I think food content is pretty pure.
Speaker 2: You guys gonna say with the food shit.
Speaker 1: So the goal initial, like really is like to eventually try to have a channel that's on TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, either like a channel on TV or like building my own network that consists of like a food segment of things, like a like a true crime series kind of you know style content, short films that we debut.
Speaker 2: I really want to build.
Speaker 3: My own network really, yeah, And I got some good things going on.
Speaker 2: We spoke about I don't know the last.
Speaker 3: Time I haven't scripted series, and it works a really big network and it's a big budget, and I think it's going to do really well.
Speaker 2: And I feel like.
Speaker 3: While I'm in those doors, you know me, I'm a wiggle. I'm gonna get to know people. I'm gonna be able to shake hands, rub shoulders with the right people. And I feel like if I have a portfolio content that ranges from like the food space to true crime documentaries, documentary yeah too, you know, the short film that could be proof of concepts for real films and maybe there's like a network partnership, or maybe there's a partnership with like a bigger network or something like that. So I just kind of seen what fifty did, and I respect the fuck out what he did, but I don't want to have to rely on like networks the whole time. I would rather kind of build my own portfolio in the background and do a partnership with the network of content that I own and produce myself.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I think we had talked about.
Speaker 1: You maybe doing a movie or something that kind of covered the bitpin aspect of the Bay Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually, my partners in that the script is done. It called it's called a Splash City.
Speaker 2: They're coming here. They'll probably be here in like thirty mans.
Speaker 3: So as soon as we're done with our interview and tour, then I'm gonna sit down with them or view this script. But that script's ready. There's another script ready as well, so it just you know, take them on time to fuck what it do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, you know, that is like one of the things that like is so Bay Area specific that when I talk to people like they don't know even they've never even heard the word BIP and the fact is that it's how.
Speaker 2: They get here and they get their ship hitting.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's gonna be like the New School in New Jersey drive almost and it's gonna be dope because no one's a really covering the Barry. And that's kind of my goal. I feel like, all right, I made it to a certain status. I feel like I put on hard with the music as much as I could, and I'm gonna still fuck with it. But I feel like my ultimate goal is to kind of put the Bay in my back in the sense of telling some of these stories, tapping into some of this untold content, like no one's ever attacked to the Bay, Like all the crime films and movies are based on New York, LA, Chicago, Boston, you know, like where's the barrier stories at?
Speaker 2: Right? And so I.
Speaker 3: Feel like I'm trying to get into a position financially hands you know, just Respectilise where people will trust me with those stories.
Speaker 1: That'd be hard, dude, I haven't we haven't talked on camera since you made the Forbes magazine. So I just want to say congrats, thank you. That shit is pretty gnarly to like be like, yeah, my boys, like my friend is on.
Speaker 2: The cover of Forbes.
Speaker 3: The cool thing about that, it's like there's people that are way richer than me, and there's people that built way bigger businesses. But to touch that cover is like every businessman, entrepreneur's dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I have guys that worth like hundreds of millions of dollars. They gave me like, oh, you did it, And I'm like, bro, you did it, mother, you did it.
Speaker 2: For real, you got it, got it right now? Liquid.
Speaker 3: But I just think it's a it's a really cool thing to come out of cancer and then touch that cover and then get the Age Award and get a couple other things that we got, Like it's just really cool and it's just good morale for like the kind of.
Speaker 2: Industry I'm in.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, how does that change your life being on that cover, because I'm sure it makes people look at you in a lot different Two ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I mean one, people put more respect on the business conversations.
Speaker 2: But two, everyone thinks.
Speaker 3: You just got it, got it, got it, Like they just seen that word like four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker.
Speaker 3: You could tell me, let me get a half a meal, let me get let me bo man like, manvest is two mil behind my company. I know you guys's like bro like yo, like this this this evaluation that they're putting on me as a person, you know kind of like relies on the businesses performing, executing and like you know, exiting one day, right, that's what the value of my businesses. And so it was kind of put a lot of things in perspective. You see even the rich rapper list that shit was trippy to that's just crazy because that fourth or fifth I was in before crazy. And then you put yourself next to rappers like yeah, Doctor dre jay Z, Kanye Diddy and like people like well, man Bird's not really rapper. I'm like, wait a minute, hold up, I do got forty nine albums out. I've been rapping since two thousand and six. People are saying, well, he got other businesses, wall so that.
Speaker 1: Everybody else, everybody else got, you know, at the times to rock and you know roten Nation and I mean yeah, all kind of different.
Speaker 2: A whatever you call it, same thing.
Speaker 3: It's the same exact thing, except differences in Mexican and a fucking low key underdog and so it's it's cool as fun to see that they recognized me on that list, because that list. I always dreamed about about being on a list like that, and I always said that that people are overlooking what I built. And I just remember one day kind of throwing a fit on Twitter, like, man, I wish they would look at my ship. And so when I actually was like, well, i'd beat down to audio. And that's a really deep audit. They have to look at everything that you have, your assets, your businesses. It's like a real They can't just put that ship out to make the.
Speaker 1: Cash, isn't They call it not just just hip hop's health, you know, wealthiest whatever, maybe.
Speaker 3: Top five wealthiest, you know. So they did that and yeah that ship hit.
Speaker 1: So they like really like they turn over all the pages and look into your ship for real, for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do, like a real AUDITIVI for sure. Oh wow, it ain't no for gazy ass number going out here.
Speaker 3: No, no, hell no, No, that's that's a real number. It's a real situation. It's a real it's just all around like they're not gonna they're not gonna play you on that like they're not gonna play themselves. It's real publications with real credible writers and just you know, they're they're not playing they're not playing no games with that list. That list is very strategic, it's very they do a good job of due diligence.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I had to have them talk to like business managers and the people that do my taxes, and yeah, that's just real.
Speaker 2: They're like talking to CPA and all that.
Speaker 3: CPAs are looking at like properties, they're looking at the actual like are you say your business sport this Like, let's let'sten to the actual audit of your businesses to you know, let's get it proper.
Speaker 2: What what did you.
Speaker 3: Raise at last time you raise? You know, like it's it's real as fun.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because you've obviously, you know, we've kind of seen cookies go from like you know, I remember the first time I smoked cookies was with two chains and probably two.
Speaker 2: Thousands ten shout out to ty.
Speaker 1: That was around the time Yoko was getting played on the radio out there when I was on the That was that was around that time. And I remember you be coming out the Vegas kicking with Franny and shit, and I kind of had.
Speaker 2: Like really got hit to you.
Speaker 1: But it's just wild to see like the like, was there ever a point in time, let's say in twenty ten eleven, where you ever could imagine that you'd.
Speaker 2: Be turning down some of the exits.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you've already been offered and you'd be on the cover of a publication like Forbes.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see it? Nah?
Speaker 3: But I always knew too, Like at the end of the day, it's all about how much work you put into your craft, right, like if you stayed dedicated to your craft. Man, Like even last night, Dude, I got home last night and I just passed the fuck out hard nine pm, out like dead body.
Speaker 2: My girls will goodness, Morney, do you remember how you fell? Steve? I'm like, nah, Like, man, you were fucking out.
Speaker 3: And just because I just work all day long, so I never a pictured be in this position because I was always an underdog. I felt like I always had to prove myself to somebody. I always had to work harder than others. But I also knew that like one of my first true believers and what I do, like one of my first actual investors and partners, and you know, he told me, he's like, bro, Like I don't really quite know where you're trying to go with the rap.
Speaker 2: But I do know one thing.
Speaker 3: He's like, Bro, you don't stop, and people that don't stop and no queer are the ones that hit. So I'm gonna stick with you. You should just stick with the pack. You're good at selling pack. I want bags from you, and I think that you'd be better. I've just focused on selling bud But like, man, you just won't stop with this rap shit, and so I have to stay behind you. I'm gonna keep pushing you because that's what motherfuckers like you aren't gonna lose.
Speaker 2: And that's stuck with me. I'm like, you're right.
Speaker 3: Even the current state of cannabis right now, like the wee game is fucked up, a lot of people falling out, a lot of people suing each other, a lot of people hating each other, a lot of businesses going under, a lot of grows failing, a lot of stores failing. You know, but we're still relevant as hell. We're still going because we still put that passion into it, Like we still care about this shit.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's awesome?
Speaker 1: Because you guys have a dope business model I think too, which is not necessarily dependent on any because I'm sure where if people don't understand, like you guys will part Like you guys have partners all over the country. Right, It's not like if you see a cookie store in Detroit, it's the same as.
Speaker 2: The cookie store in Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: Well, and I'm sure some places it is the same partnership, right, But for you guys, like you guys have kind of like put put together such an incredible business model on the storefront side, at least where you know it's a quality control situation where you obviously have to vet whoever you partner with. But at the same time, it kind of puts you guys in a position where you know people are buying into the name and the brand because the brand is so prestigious.
Speaker 3: It's like it's an asset light business model. We're not raising hundreds and millions of dollars, which allows me to stay in control. A lot of other people that raise hundreds and millions of dollars in the skin, yeah, they lose all their equity. I've maintained a lot of equity bro a lot. And but what it does is like it does three things.
Speaker 2: We're able to.
Speaker 3: Say asset light, we're able to expand faster anyone else. We're also able to cherry pick the best operators and in each market as they open up. So you know, albert Querque, New Mexico, we opened up eleven three right November three. That's probably one of our best menus in the whole country that we looks almost better than some of the weed in California. The menu is extensive, thirty genetics on the menu, store fully built out like we got cherry picked those partners that were dedicated us Nirvana and Arizona.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it took you a very long time to get the Arizona and that was a passionate.
Speaker 3: You know, we fucked up the first time we did a deal with the only players in the game, and they pretty much just shelved they fucked the weaed up, but they also shelved our growth. But now we found some independent guys that you know, the team in Nirvana that understand what this brand means. They put the quality and we turned down enough badges until it was time to go, like, bro, it's not hiding, it's not boom. You got it and they doubt it, and they doubted it even more from the opening, and so it allows us to partner with the right people all around the country. And a lot of people say it's like a franchise. It's not like a franchise because anyone can open up McDonald's. Yeah, you guys are being selective on who you're gonna let We're being selective on who we're gonna fuck with. We're being selected on which markets are mature enough to open up. And we're also just really understanding that, like, there's nothing easy about managing hundreds of partners, right, It'd be easier to raise the money and to build out your shit yourself in theory, because then you're the one.
Speaker 2: Controlling all that.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of egos, there's a lot of there's a lot of politics, there's a lot of personal you know, interaction you have to do when you have that many partners.
Speaker 2: But I like that shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it also kind of removes the like bureaucracy that you would have to deal with in each city and market because at the end of the day, like you said in the week Game, unfortunately it's full of like a lot of cool people, but it's also full of like on the corporate side, bro.
Speaker 2: Like this trash bro.
Speaker 3: Like I missed the medical days so much. You know, when it was medical, it was a big risk till when people were having to put their neck on the line and it just was a lot more pure. As soon as it went legal, A bunch of people that had no business being in this business got in this business, and they started getting in you know, partnerships with legacy guys and kind of changing the way that they think. And what's really the real goal. I mean, if you look at the two things I'm truly passionate about food and weed, it's there's two things that really bring people together. No matter where you're from, no matter where you're at in the world, you can connect over food or we right, so like, I'm in it for a bigger purpose.
Speaker 2: I know the brand has value.
Speaker 3: I know there's going to be some money associated with this, with this position later on life. But for right now, it's a struggle to maintain, to stay relevant, to deal with all these different partners, make sure everyone's happy, everyone feels like they're getting the attention in need. But I wouldn't change our business model or the situation we have over anything. It's cool to connect with people all over the world. And you said it not just in the country.
Speaker 2: But all over the world.
Speaker 3: From Thailand, we got Thailand. We're about to open up London, you know, medical side of London. We're in Spain, We're in Amsterdam, We're in Israel. We're selling weed in Germany right now. Like it's cool to connect with people all over the world over something you created.
Speaker 2: From you know, the ground up in your house. It's cool es, it's wild. Man.
Speaker 1: You obviously went through like some public disputes with some old partners that were coming out trying to sue you. Did you end up getting any of that?
Speaker 2: Resolve? Was the latest with that? Nah?
Speaker 3: Those things take years, and those things are like mentally training and financially training. But like you know, I said it, and I can only talk very little on it, but like I know one hundred percent that we're in the right and that when everything comes to life, people will be like, damn, that boy went through all that for what right? And so I feel very confident where we are. No one's gonna come take cookies for me. I am cookies right. No one's going to remove any of the partners that helped me build this along the way, And I think that's part of the unfortunate thing about building something big is when you build something big, people will try to come take that shit. But growing up, I didn't give up my lunch at school. I'm not going to start doing it now. And I'm also not going to jeopardize what we all build together as a community because a lot of people feel attached to Cookies and I mean.
Speaker 2: A lot of people got tattoos.
Speaker 1: There's a man in Tucson right now with your portrait and the Cookies logo.
Speaker 2: On his belly. Yeah, that's real, right, that's a real human being. I sold my own eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so the easy way out would be just to bow down and take something from them and just step But like, no, dude, people are fully invested in this vision and this brand and what we built together. It's not just my shit, it's our shit. All these operators around the world, they believed in what we built together. Right, So I'm fighting for it, bro, and I feel like we're gonna win at the end of the day. I feel like we're going to come out on top. It's just going to take a lot of mental strength, It's going to take a lot of capital, right right. That's why I stay grinding and it's gonna just take dedication and loyalty.
Speaker 2: From me and my partners. That's it. Man.
Speaker 1: How do you deal with coming out of getting through cancer and then having to deal with just a whole another hurdle. Obviously you got, you know, stuff in your personal life going on as well. You know, you're you it just you know, you got to have some mental fortitude to really get on the other side of a battle with cancer.
Speaker 3: Well, the fucked up thing is that that lawsuit started as soon as I got sick, so that so they were both happening at the same time. Yeah, I was like, well, when I found out I was sick, the kind of conversations kind of happened when I was knee deep in chemo and I.
Speaker 2: Was really, really, really sick. It's ain't a sympathy card at all.
Speaker 3: It's just like, you know, people could relate to what it feels like being sick and thinking you're going to die and also having the threats of your business being taken right like it was on purpose, hey man, wild timing on their end, right, right. Maybe they didn't plant it that way, but that's the way it worked out. And so it was kind of tough but like it really put everything in perspective for me. I'm like, well, first of all, I really got to stick around, right, like, I'm really not gonna have to.
Speaker 2: I can't go nowhere now.
Speaker 3: And it's really really made me realize like the good, precious moments, like you know, with pure things outside of business. And so, you know, for me, that's why the cubs that Forbes cover felt good coming out of that ship. It was like a band. I'm being recognized. I'm getting my flowers while I'm here. That's why the Adage Award, the Klio Ward, these are all big, you know, big fucking globally recognized platforms that recognize what we're doing. And so it just was the motivation I needed to keep fighting. But cancer was really really hard on me. I have major PTSD from that shit, and I'm noticing more and more people getting colon cancer at a young ass age and it's just scary, bro. It's just like really really and like a lot of men don't go and get checked for that shit, no, because the symptoms are so I didn't have zero symptoms. I had early sagetree colon cancer. That means another six months of letting that ride. It would have took my ass out, So I probably would have had a year or so. If I would have waited six months or more to even get checked, I probably would have had a year or two years at most.
Speaker 2: The hardest thing for me.
Speaker 3: Watch was like the brother, you know, a shout out to his whole family, his kids and his wife. He but you know, seeing the inky boys go through that we found out at the same time, you know what I mean. And I'm just like, damn, bro, like that shit hurt and it hit hard because I'm like, damn, everyone's gonna have a chance to make it through this. And so I just take a lot more calmer approach on life and like stress and I just I feel blessed to even be here, bro. And that's why I try to tell people when people get stressed out about money and things that's going on. But today's world, I'm like, bro, like it's just stuff with You're alive, man, Like you can't you can't even downplay how big that is right now?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 1: Brother, that is I think that some people forget that what was the like what made you get tested for it?
Speaker 2: Was it just like a.
Speaker 1: Normal run of the male doctor's visit, nah, because I was with the doctor already that wouldn't even have ever looked for that.
Speaker 3: It was like some weird, like universal gut feeling I just had. I just woke up one day, was looking at my window. I'm like, damn, I actually got a good life here. Things are going good. I'm successful. I feel like Cookies is going to be something incredible that's going to live forever. Like what am I actually missing in life? That where am I missing at?
Speaker 2: I'm like.
Speaker 3: Maybe health, Like I'm you know, I'm losing a little weight, I'm not as big as I used to be. But maybe I should like get myself a private doctor to really look into what I got going on, because you know, I just want to make sure I'm good. It's crazy because five years before this, I had a fear of having Summit cancer like my mom. I went and got a kolonosk be one hundred percent clean. Wow five years. So in five years, in five years that cancer developed and got to early stage three.
Speaker 2: And so I picked a random mass.
Speaker 3: I picked a random ass day to call my partner or Parker and asked them, do we know any concier doctors, any private doctors that could actually care about me as a human and really looking at me. And we found a doctor that was not only you know, willing to take me on, but he's also an investor into our business, and he's the only doctor in the country that did does this test, the gallery test. So when I went to go see me, it's like, yo, we can run you know, all your blood work and make sure it could But like this new test came out two months ago, I want to run on you and test for cancer for fifty types of cancer student blood. I'm like, let's run it. That's how you find this shit. And an article came out like maybe like three weeks ago. I'm kind of like one of the first people that publicly took that test, found that I had cancer, addressed it, and made it through the situation. So there's a big debate about this test right now, and not a lot of doctors want to take it on because false positives. That's the craziest shit I've ever heard in my life. I saw a work for me, saved me. That's why I'm here right now. And I appreciate about this. Every time I get a chance that that test should be available.
Speaker 1: I mean, it feels like an easy test to take too, Like in terms of like do you think, like, yeah, it's a blood test, blood test, and I would rather get a false positive and think I'm going to have cancer for a week and a half until they go look inside my body and then find out them.
Speaker 2: Good, right then like not know anything at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you got doctors that are doctors are I mean, man, you got good doctors. You got doctors are just getting checked like teachers doctors and teachers kind of it's like anything in business, doctors being a doctor's business.
Speaker 3: And you know, some of the institutions like even though they're good doctors, they just don't have the bandwidth. Like if you're at Kaiser Permanente, you're seeing four thousand patients, right.
Speaker 2: How could you actually truly keep up with one of those patients?
Speaker 3: Facts like, even if you're a really good person, even if you don't have a hidden agender, you're not getting raid. Yeah you can't. Your bandwidth is going to be done. You're not gonna be able to keep track of average. And so you know, for all my people out there with money that got money that care about their health, you know, the new flex is getting concer doctor Yeah, all the rad cats out there living fast on the road, not eating so well, Like, you know, fuck that Gucci belt, fuck that fuck that new whip, you know, fuck that new chain.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Get yourself a concier doctor and make sure you pay attention to your health. That's the new flex. Really, that's some real shit.
Speaker 1: And so you've you've made so much money over the years, what are some of the I always wonder when people because I started to make like money, where I need to figure.
Speaker 2: Out every year how to not pay taxes.
Speaker 1: What are some of the tips the tidbits you've picked up in the last decade or so since you've been dealing with you know, certain quantities of legal money.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The thing is, I know a lot of shit you could do, but I'm just too stubborn to change my lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Like you could live in Miami, you could live in Nevada, you could live in places where state tax.
Speaker 3: You could live in Puerto Rican pays zero tax. But like, do I want to change the quality of my lifestyle to save a little bit of bread after cancer?
Speaker 2: Especially?
Speaker 3: Hell no, Yeah, I'm just gonna pay. You know, it is frustrating. You get a million dollar check, you got to give over a fifty percent of that to the government right up the top. Like if I got twenty million dollars right now, I'm a to give over ten million dollars to the.
Speaker 2: Government right now for what right, But I'm not going to use in those tricks now.
Speaker 3: The one thing I just learned recently is that you're allowed to gift up to X amount of money a year, you know, without it without it being taxed, you know, to someone you love. So I'm gonna start making sure every year I put X amount of money as a gift aside from my kid as tax free at least you could have that.
Speaker 2: So that's one thing I learned, you know.
Speaker 3: But otherwise, like it's really all about like where you live and where you reside and like things you could write off. And the fucked up thing is because I'm burned because I'm cookies. I get audited every year anyway, so I'm sure they just find it.
Speaker 1: Your has to be like super buttoned up. But you know, if you get a tour bus, like your bus, that's a big ass right off.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, No, it is for the business. It is. It's a good way to travel.
Speaker 3: It's a good way to brand your shit too, So you know, I would just say, like, look, man, just pay attention to your ship. If you go out eat, take pictures of your receipts. If you're paying cash. You can write off a lot of things as it entertainer your outfits.
Speaker 2: You know, some of the things you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, Yo, I gotta ask you.
Speaker 2: You're a big alien guy.
Speaker 1: And recently things have gotten like it feels like, for whatever reason, the last like twelve to eighteen months, they keep kind of just like sprinkling little like breadcrumbs, preparing us for the inevitable.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, you know, whether it's the.
Speaker 1: That hearing with that dude who blew the you know, the pretty much said that we're in possession of alien aircraft or whatever the hell. And then there's the Mexican to look. I don't know, I don't know how legit that one was. I believe that shit.
Speaker 2: I believe it too. I believe it.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, if you go back, like maybe seven or eight years ago, there was that guy who was in the Canadian Parliament talking about it. But yeah, man, like this shit is crazy, Like we used to all the Mexican aliens, like what were your thoughts? Because they really bowled them out like an official Mexican government.
Speaker 3: Like, now that shit's official. Here's the problem with the world. We've been lied to and fucked with us for so long that every single time someone posted something, it's just memes and and people.
Speaker 2: Just social media jokes, and that's what they want.
Speaker 3: They don't want us to think, like, you know, there's a there's a bigger purpose out there. There's something that we totally don't even know about. There's not there's something that maybe higher people in our civilization actually communicate with and get game from.
Speaker 2: If you look how fast the world grew.
Speaker 3: It went from fucking riding horses to whips and iPhones and shit for in a small amount of time.
Speaker 2: That's coming from somewhere.
Speaker 3: Some geniuses just wake up, like I can fucking make it till we can bomb them. Now we're getting gained from somewhere, right, And so I believe that shit. I also believe that they're never going to tell us what's real. They're probably just trying to prepare us for some kind of bullshit agenda. But there's a lot of truth in some of that bullshit as well. So I if it's me talking, I know there's a bigger purpose out here. The gut feeling I got that day to go find a conc here doctor Brom.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Like that was bigger than just like me thinking that I should get a private doctor. There's no reason why on that day I even felt that in here, in your gut, your second brain, right. I've been watching like a lot of near death experience stuff because obviously I had a near death experience in my opinion, I didn't just die and wake up, but like I came close to it.
Speaker 2: So in watching all that stuff, I just.
Speaker 3: Understand there's bigger purpose as as conscious as like the universe goes.
Speaker 2: And so I believe that little alien was real.
Speaker 3: I believe that Mexico was the first one is actually so something they've been holding. I feel like all these civilizations are uncovering, like and and you know in the Jungles and ship, all these different pyramids were seeking man and no humans built that shit.
Speaker 2: Bro fuck out of here, bro. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Like it's crazy too that like some of them are so they match up other pyramids that are so.
Speaker 2: Far apart, well, they align with the stars perfectly.
Speaker 3: They're all like in strategic guys, you know places in the world that like will line up with like the universe perfectly.
Speaker 2: And I mean whatever. Also, I know.
Speaker 3: That humans have dumbed down hard since back in the day. It's like and that's what they want. Like, they put so much bullshit in propaganda, and they've created the word like conspiracy theories and all that stuff so that way that things that are real, Like look at all the people in my seeing UFOs back in the days, it made them seem like fucking looney bins, dude.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: I mean I think they're like just like if you were to go back twenty years and if some of this news would have broke, how big of a deal it would.
Speaker 2: Be compared to now.
Speaker 1: And now it's like no one cares because no one gives a fucking whatever bullshit.
Speaker 3: They're worried about like how to make the next dollar, who's bitch cheese on who? Or fucking what Kim Kardashian is doing. Yeah, they're worried about some shit that's like, Yo, my man, they just showed an alien from.
Speaker 2: A thousand aliens.
Speaker 3: There's a thousand years ago proofs were not alone a little motherfucker look real.
Speaker 2: As fucked and like they're happy seeing them comments right now.
Speaker 1: The thing is is, like I think once people really like have to realize, there'll be a moment where they have to really like be like, oh, it kind of like it, you know, for me, I know it's gonna make a lot of people who grew up super religious, who grew up believing certain things. It's gonna kind of poke a lot of random holes in the dude. Besides on that, have you ever seen Judah in the Black Onside?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, Like, look how the government did them? Bro, Look how they did the panthers? Right, Like, Bro, they will do things to fuck you off, right, Like, I'm not gonna say no names. I don't want to know smoke with nobody. But I think there's people in our in our culture right now that cause a lot of trouble on the end, on the internet and with other celebrities. I believe they're working for the CIA. That's that's my honest being. I'm like, Yo, there's no way this guy is constantly trying to tempt people and throw people out their game and get them to say or do other things that might put them in jail. It's been their agenda against minorities for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I think like there is some sort of like and like you said, that word conspiracy theorist has gotten. It's gotten to the point where like you can't question anything without being called crazy.
Speaker 2: Do that have fact checkers doom? Well?
Speaker 1: And to me, it's like, you know, I remember when conspiracy theories were like.
Speaker 2: Nine to eleven and you'd be like, oh, you know, let me look into this.
Speaker 1: But now it's like if you question anything, they put you in that box. Like I look at you know, RFK Junior, who's somebody who I think it's dope. You know, I've watched his interviews and I don't think he's said anything crazy, you know what I mean. I just think he's just a curious dude who's wants to question shit. But they are so they just put him in that box. And then people who don't do the work or the like my mom, Like I told my mom, I was like, hey, I fuck with RFK, and she.
Speaker 2: Was like, he's a fucking kook, he's crazy. And I was like, have you ever heard him speak like.
Speaker 3: He's asking he's at least addressing the real world issues. Yeah, he's addressing the fact that like multiple corporations really run everything.
Speaker 2: Which is crazy.
Speaker 1: That's a concern which should be the number one thing everyone should be worried about.
Speaker 2: That's a concern. Monopoly sucks. Yeah, the Guard, the Black Rock, and State Street.
Speaker 1: Are like kind of running your entire life and no one's talking about it. But but but that also might be the reason why he's he's getting boxed out, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's the only presidential candidate that doesn't have secret service at his disposal.
Speaker 2: And someone trying to just run a bom. Yeah. So you know, the world is full of hidden agendas.
Speaker 3: The more older you get, more money, you touch some more bull should you deal with like this, Shaw, I'm jahn with with these lawsuits and powerful groups and big money guys. You realize that, Yo, this shit's real dog Like it's different. Like it's different, It's definitely different. You mentioned having forty nine albums. I always say this.
Speaker 1: When we talk about just consistency as an MC, as a rapper, as an artist.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're one of the most consistent guys in the game.
Speaker 1: You've always been extremely I mean no matter what was going on in your life, you always have the time to you know, hone in and create and make an album, more collabor with an artists to make a project for you.
Speaker 2: Like you know, obviously it's a passion thing.
Speaker 1: But like for whatever reason, is it's still bother you that maybe you don't get the acknowledgement or the accolades or the.
Speaker 2: Flowers as a rapper that you do for all the other shit.
Speaker 3: Nah, because I knew if I put one hundred percent energy behind music, it'd probably be a lot bigger, right. And I argue with my DJ, you know tep on this too, about changing our setup and trying new things. I just told my I said, bro, it's a bandwidth issue at this point. Like I'm running cookies, clothing. I'm running cookies and we business. I'm running vibes, papers, I'm running you know, this compound and our media as you know company that we're trying to build, and I have so much time for music. I told the music is my therapy, bro, Like I don't really look at like it's my business. If I treat it more like a business, I probably make way more money, I probably get way more respect. I've had people like to chains to be like, bro, like why don't you be like our like Mexican version of Rick Bross, Like you got that talk, you got that respect, Like people fuck with you, but you're not putting enough respect on like your image and the way. I'm like, Bro, I'm just a real dude. Bro, I don't really be tripping off, like really trying to build myself as this big old facade. Yeah, like like you're not a character. No, I just feel like music is a good it's a good therapy for me. It's a challenge for me to still to try and stay relevant after all this time. It's a it's a way for me, like to be creative outside of like all this other stuff. I have fun doing it, but I don't treat like my number one priority. I feel like if I did, I could be like a French Montana or something like that. Right, Like I could be looked at as like a bigger artist, right, I could wear jewelry every day and glasses and be fitted up. But like, I'm comfortable in this rest shit right now. I'm rich, motherfucker. I don't need to show it, right, Like for what, Like my new flex is not the flex. I got a pair of earrings on, but I'm not worrying my you know, twenty different rings. I'm not wearing big old chains or I'm not really worried about my outfit so much. I don't give a fuck. All the billionaires I meet look like fucking bumps. They pull up looking real humble, and some dress down that shit. And that's how that's what I want to be like at this point. Like, bro, if you've seen the whip I'm driving in right now, I gave the mayback truck back. I'm like, bro, fuck all this flashy shit.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 3: There's the world knows I got it, so why even try to prove it anymore?
Speaker 4: Hey what elp, we gotta stop the interview to tell you about our folks and my bookie. That's right now. Look, I'm a big gambler. Love gambling, love sports gambling. I've been on a tear, but I ain't gonna lie to y'all. NFL season so far been real good to your boy. You could get down. Go to MyBookie dot ag sign up right now with that promo code Bootleg. And you know what's great about that promo code is it's gonna get you hooked up. With the fifty dollars or more your first aposit, you can get up to two hundred dollars in cash straight to your my Bookie account with the promo code boot Leg. At the end of the day, Aaron Rodgers season is a rap. My guy tour's achilles. It's over. Your season doesn't have to be over. NFL College ball, Man, the new cash out system on my Bookie is crazy. Let's say you got a three leg parlay, a four leg parlay. Maybe three of the four legs have hit, and you're waiting, maybe on Monday Night football, to see if you hit all four. But you don't want to take that risk. You just want to cash out, take your money and run. You can do it. The brand new cash out system is fire, all right, So make sure you go to my Bookie right now. Man, so much to do all kinds of daily odds, boosters, same game parlays, huge prize pool contest right now my Bookie dot ag all right, sign up. Use the promo code boot Leg on your first depositive fifty dollars or more. You can get up to two hundred dollars in cash instantly to gamble with. Plus we got a shout out to our fam at blue Chew. That's right, this is a good thing about Bluechoo. Guys. Well, one, you know the one thing I always get asked about blue Choo is one does it work? Two do you use it? Well? Yes on both the cords. All right, shout out to blue Choo. It works. But you gotta not take my word for it. Get a whole month for free right now if you go to blue choo dot com and use that promo code Bootleg, They're gonna send you a month supply of blue Choo straight to your door for free. Just gotta pay five dollars shipping same active ingredient as Viagra and Sialis. And when I tell you that your dick is gonna be dicking, your Johnson is gonna be johnson ing. Your cock is gonna be rocked up, socked up and ready to unload. Yeah, it's like Barry Bond seventy was a seventy three home runs, seventy home run season. You're gonna be knocking the bitches right off for the fucking what's what's the big green monster in Fenway Park?
Speaker 2: Ship?
Speaker 4: Your dick's gonna be hitting that pussy straight over that wall, you know what I'm saying, or whatever you're into, you know, don't got to be pussy, could be asshole, whatever, whatever you're into, Blue Cheo dot Com. Put your best foot forward when it comes to your dick, all right. You don't want to go on a first date with a young lady who you think is you know, easy enough to fuck on the first date and not be prepared. Get the blue chew blue Cheo dot Com promo code Bootleg and get your first month for free, same active been greeting as via Gracy Alis. No awkward doctor's appointment. Uh, it's all online the street packaging straight to your door in a chewable form Blue Cheo dot Com promo code Bootleg. Let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 1: Now, I feel you I'm on that safe shit when I mean, obviously I'm much lower over lower level, but.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: You know, I have ow a nightclub now and Scott's still you bet you were there. But my partners man, they love the beamers and they.
Speaker 3: Get that's just oh I feel like that's just you're just rubbing that shit in people's faces.
Speaker 2: Care Yeah, I don't care. My wife is a nice whip.
Speaker 1: I drive my car that I don't mind driving to the band and putting miles on, and you know, my wife is sitting nice.
Speaker 3: And I feel like I feel like right now we learn a lot like recipes to P and B bro like and recipes, so all these other situations, all these other people that are losing their lives, But like, I feel like, right now, the world's in the most fucked up position we've seen it in our generation. Besides two thousand and eight, people are broke, people are hurting.
Speaker 1: It feels it does feel though the energy is not the same in terms of like literal loss that's happening in a wait, but it feels almost like like you could feel it.
Speaker 3: The amount of calls to get every day for people trying to get money or trying to figure out ways to make money, or people feeling the loss of motion is crazy. And so I don't want to be the one to be rubbing no shit in people's faces right now. Rather just stay okey, do my thing. But as far as music goes, I'm gonna keep trying like I'm gonna keep doing my thing, having fun with it. I know, me and O Jeezi are locked in for next month to knock out a EP, which will be dope.
Speaker 2: Brings some good young energy around for sure. You know you let him use the bus before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my little bro right and and I think he's super dope. And I'm like, let me get next to O Gz and just kind of soak up some of the energy real quick. I already got the beats picked out, you know. Rory called the other days like, Bro, like, do we need some man? They pick beats I'm like, bro, Bro, you are great. You are there's one thing you do well. You picked fucking.
Speaker 2: Beats man for me and no JEZ project. I got some ship. You are great.
Speaker 3: You're great an r Yeah, that's why I told Roy. Yes, I said, Bro, I don't like to say this too often, but.
Speaker 1: I got us that record you dropped, one of my favorite records you dropped recently.
Speaker 2: It was you, Conway Jayda. Who else was on that record?
Speaker 3: It was me, Conway, Mazi Mazi uh styles P.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't Jaya styles and styles P And that shit was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sh it was hard, but I got the me and O g Z project lined up. I got me and Larry June want to do another one, but I wanted. I told them I want to take the time and have all live music being placed and we could performing that ship with the band Me and Mazzi got another one coming. I already got individuals too. Yeah, I already got the beats picked. Me and Bureau, got a full album already done, produced by Scott Storch. I just need to find the time to like added like two more hooks, maybe like three features.
Speaker 2: You would be real.
Speaker 1: Haven't done anything for a while, I mean at least what it's been like six seven.
Speaker 2: Years, no four now Lost Meadows was the last that was a great album.
Speaker 3: Just happened during COVID and we've got you know, yeah we got discouraged because the album was so good. But then for COVID, we just got fucked on the promo for it. But yeah, man, I got me and o g Zy, I got me, and Mazi got me, and Larry June, I got me, and be real, I'm gonna bring one back with my brother and Pacino, you know, for old school purposes, just old school mob sound. But I'm going all group projects right now for a while. I feel like I've done a good amount of solos. I'm just let me just go group projects and just bring different energies out.
Speaker 1: Have you had the opportunity to tap in or meet or at least check out Mexican Ot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I was supposed to be involved in this project. Something fell through the cracks. But I got a call by like, you know, potentially helping the A and R hist project and like sitting with him and helping pick beasts and come up with just like features and things like that because someone else recognized Chinese ships, recognized the talent for the year, but something got lost in communication.
Speaker 2: But he's a good kid.
Speaker 3: I still want the opportunity though, because I feel like he's a Doe Baz artist. He has a lot of potential. He's blowing the fuck up, and I feel like, you know, shit, if I just sat with him for one album, I like, I'll bring on some shit. He don't even know what he got yet. And I feel like he's got a good sound, he's got a good look, he's got like a good momentum. But shit, ot, I know the first project, things slipped through the cracks. I'm running a billion dollar business. It wasn't on purpose. If you hear this sit down with me for one project us, I bring a whole different world out for you brothers, just on some just whole different vibe with the production, with the features, with the rollout, like and you know, I think that.
Speaker 2: Kid's got a lot of potential.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I wonder like you sitting back and kind of seeing because we're talked about how like you know, for whatever reason, the Bay gets overlooked when you're thinking like.
Speaker 2: Stories and how you know, it gets covered.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think lately, unfortunately, most of the stuff we hear about the Bay and the news world like nationwide is real negative. You know what I'm saying, It's fucked up out here, whether it's the smashing grabs or the bippin or you know, whatever the case is. For you, Like, what do you think is you know, because because if you go through the city, if you go into San Francisco, it's a lot of different place than it wasn't five years ago, four years ago, you know what I mean? Like for you, what do you think is the remedy? And what do you think is the cause of kind of all the chaos in the.
Speaker 2: Bay right now? Man, it's gonna be a touchy subject. Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna be real, bro, because at the end of the day, I'm not I didn't make it as far to stay is about things. I think they just let the city go to shit on purpose. They gentified the fuck out of San Francisco. They moved all the people that are from there out of there, so the actual.
Speaker 2: Care and love is not really there anymore.
Speaker 3: From people that grew up in neighborhoods like Hunter's Point or Lakeview or the Filmore District or the Mission. They just moved everyone out. They brought big tech in. Big tech got spoiled, they got you know that, they start turning the city into what they want to. Even the neighborhood I grew up in on California and Feelmore. My dad's restaurant used to be on top of our on the bottom of our apartment complex, and then there'd be like a movie store, there'd be a pizza shop, there'd be a coffee shop, there'd be this Mexican restaurant. It's all boutie clothing stores around. I was like, who the fuck, what the fuck? This ain't the neighborhood no more. This is something like I in techie shit and so I think the biggest problem with SF is that I got gentrified and they got way too liberal. Like, Bro, I like how liberal the barry is. I grew up getting money because of the laws of how liberal it is. But Bro, they smash and grab shits some some chump ass shit. Bro, And like the fact they just let it ride like that, like the in fact you could walk into Walgreens and just take whatever you want and.
Speaker 2: Walk out and not worry about going to jail.
Speaker 3: It's bullshit because at the end of the day, Bro, we got kids, and I want my kids to feel safe when they go do their thing in the city.
Speaker 1: You like, if your daughter was eighteen nineteen, because she's getting there right sixteen, you know, you would not feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: With her going shopping by herself in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: I send somebody with her because I know what it is. I know that there's a risk for her car to get broken into. I know there's a risk for someone to steal someone out of her hand and just move. And so this is the bear area, y'all. We grew up selling packs, getting money out of the bitch. We grew up, you know, doing what we had to do. We're real hustlers with this home of the independent blueprint for sure. Forty JT. The bigger figure. We own our own masters. We were taught how to hustle from our mouthpiece. I feel like that's where I am.
Speaker 2: Where I am in life.
Speaker 3: It is because I was bred by the real ones, were real game. Bring it back to that, dude, go pick up, go go get back with this shit.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Go hate to say it as a father, if a teenage we go break a bitch, Go go go sell a pack, Go go build an independent fucking portfolio of music.
Speaker 2: Go do something dope. Man.
Speaker 3: All this other shit is hell a petty It just it's trash, and like, that's not what we represent. I see some big players speaking out on it, some real ones that did a lot of time out of the Oakland area shout to little d and shouts the real ones, the real players. We're players in the Bay area. We're go getters, we're independent husters. We're a different breath than anyone else. Just put that respect back on the area because right now we look like a bunch of little petty ASTs and that's not what it is.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I have just talk all the time, because you know, I'm a fucking pretty liberal dude. You know, like I voted Democrat most of my life, my whole life, me too, And you know it's like it's like, at what point in time, It's like, yo, what do they do?
Speaker 3: I feel like they're getting too liberal, bro, They're letting this ship fall and this is.
Speaker 2: My belle shit, Like it's like that's coming to La to first. I'm like, y'all think LA is bad right now? Yeah, but let me tell you why.
Speaker 3: Though I'm a preach man, I feel like they're doing this shit on purpose so they can implement other laws that weighs supersede any of this shes so y'all can get away with some bullshit right now. Keep sucking up our program, keep making us a look crazy, and they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna come They're gonna come in and be like.
Speaker 3: You know what, due to all this problems, we're going to put in this law right here that's boom boom boom boom boom running by WHOA, so everyone's to show you're scan your.
Speaker 2: ID before you even enter them all soon.
Speaker 3: It just I feel like China is leading the way for like the social credit score ship and they're leading the way for like this non real lifestyle, like they're monitoring. They're the real big brother right now. And I feel like what they're doing in the US, especially in democratic areas, is they're letting this ship fall apart on purpose so they can implement bigger laws that just affect and take all of our freedom away. That's just my opinion. I could be high.
Speaker 2: Maybe guys have been smoke a little too much fun.
Speaker 1: There is something to be said about like that social credit score ship, because it already kind of feels like it's happening.
Speaker 2: Like look, yeah, it's happening. Look at Instagram. Dog, you act wrong.
Speaker 3: You speak about something that I don't want you to speak about. You get shadow man. They tell you we're only showing your content to X. My Why who's designing this ship? That's that big brother shit. That's why you should join Social club.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker. Sh how social Club doing? It's too tough, bro, I mean bro.
Speaker 3: We built out an app that allows you to upload pictures, videos, text posts. You could put your whole menu if you're a trapper or if you have a story, you can put your whole menu of products in price for free. Attached to your profile or putting audio comments and audio caption right. No other platform has it, but doing we'll fuck with the platform. I'm burnt out on it. I'm thinking about giving up on it again. That's the one basics second fare out, which is tech.
Speaker 1: Because you're competing with like I mean, but think about this, though, we're competing with a platform that doesn't give a fuck about any of us.
Speaker 2: All shit shadow band.
Speaker 3: So when a Facebook tell me, yo, you got two million followers, you should be at thirteen million followers. But all the ways you've been in search for, all the stuff that you've done, the accomplishments you've made, there's no way I was stuck at one point nine million followers for two years. You mean to tell me I was on the cover of Forest magazine and my followers didn't go up one hundred thousand at all.
Speaker 2: Fuck that.
Speaker 3: She's like, you should be at thirteen million at least, but they're capping your growth.
Speaker 1: Well, I think what it is, man, is unfortunately, like everyone's gonna go where the attention is, right. So if you're like a fucking business owner, you want to be where everybody's at.
Speaker 2: It just is what it is.
Speaker 1: So it's like in the same way that like, you know, like YouTube. Unfortunately, you know, there's other YouTube competitors that have popped up that like Rumble and shit like that. But you know, it's like if you got to if you got a content channel, you kind of have to depend on YouTube in a certain way because you want, if you want your shit to scale for real.
Speaker 2: That's where the eyes are already get people to switch from Instagram.
Speaker 3: I've offered other celebrities equity and social club to help me build.
Speaker 2: It's like, nah man, it's not gonna work. You know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, bro, I put you know, over like two point five million dollars in.
Speaker 2: A social club toll.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to give away equity to people, just help me build it.
Speaker 2: Like, nah man, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: It's just tough because you're you're competing with these guys in Santa Clara and the Silking Valley, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean, at some point people are gonna get sick having their posts deleted, you know.
Speaker 2: So I think I think.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen hopefully is once we probably becomes federally legal, there will be probably like a need for like a real platform like Social Club, because it's gonna be such a it's gonna be It's just I feel like there's there's there's.
Speaker 2: Gotta be it. There's gonna be a weed platform.
Speaker 3: Twenty years for well, if you sell weed, if you smoke weed, if you post weed. You should know this one hundred percent. Mark Zuckerberg fucking hate sweedes, not want Yeah, yeah, I mean I've heard it from the top. I'm from here, I live in the barrier. I know people that work with the homie and so basically he just doesn't like.
Speaker 2: We keeping keep wet off ig, don't want your pay.
Speaker 3: Or just join Social Club and post your weed there, Like, don't be a fucking pussy start up at the count. If you really claim you trap or die, ship, you've put your menu up for free right now on my ship. Yeah you know ship fuck with me, hey man, Social Club, I got a profile, will follow me on there? Now, I got a profile doing really interacts on there. That's I'll be honest place. It's gonna take us to build it, man, because I don't even like going there and getting like no response. I get like forty comments and ship, but like at the end it's a good platform.
Speaker 2: If we all move over there, then it's you know, ship is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yo, You've been so good at building brands. I just saw Vibes clothing launched. I got a pack shot to Helmie Luck sent me some gear. But you've just been so you have a knack for brand building, and that's the talent.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Cookies obviously is one of the most recognizable brands in the.
Speaker 2: World at this point. It's getting bootlegg everywhere to go to the santy alleys. There's so much fake cookie shit.
Speaker 1: Man, fuck it, let them be cheer right right right, Yeah, it's like a fucking billboard for you.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, you go to the guy that whatever liquor store.
Speaker 1: Shady just empty bags for sale for a dollar a piece. You can get you your cookie bag and stuff whatever bullshit weaed in there.
Speaker 3: Shadiest fun you've seen those, right, Yeah, they even have like fake grinders and fink like fucking There's been some cool blue Legs Ship I've seen, but like, yeah, we we're probably like one of the most number one bout leg brands out there.
Speaker 2: But when the weed stace, you're definitely number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, but even like on the clothing accessory side, like I'll see like fake bongs and all kinds of cages.
Speaker 2: But you know, at the end of day, it's like fluw, dude.
Speaker 3: That makes me feel good because if people really want to take their energy to kind of boot leg what I'm doing, then it's like that means you're doing something. If the brands are not getting bout legs something to worry about it.
Speaker 2: They should worry about that.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you though, in terms of like brand building, what are some of the things that like you could give some game on in terms of maybe if somebody is starting a new business, maybe it's a coffee shop, maybe it's a pastry line, maybe it's you know, what are the kind of the general things that you know, would you would say are important?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll give you guys like three and then the rest you gotta buy the book.
Speaker 2: I got a book on the way.
Speaker 3: But pretty much like first thing, first, you got to find your identity. You gotta find your logo and your identity. You see, cookies got that circle ce and we got to find on my hands. You want to find your script, You want to find your identity. I think second thing that's important is like, find a colorway that sticks out. We can paint that building blue and you know what it is. Even in markets where like they won't let us call the building cookies, not just painted blue. You know, if there's a medical market we opened up West Virginia, we couldn't put no signs.
Speaker 2: In there, but that bitch is blue. I know exactly know what is.
Speaker 3: So find your identity, find your script, find your color way. And I think the third thing is like you better be hands on with your shit, because if you're not hands on with your shit, you're never going to actually really own and understand your shit. You could pay agency to build this for, you can do that for. You can pay people to do marketing. But if you ain't really on the ground building that shit, then it's not real.
Speaker 2: That's the real shit. Most people like you said, though, I feel like a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people will settle for whatever shitty design to get back from the graphic designer they paid the first time.
Speaker 2: Even deeper.
Speaker 3: Now I got hundreds of employees, and some of their jobs will be like to go see quality and common in quality. But like when I see something, I'll be like, can you step a call with the partners from me, so I can call and be like, Yo, this looks really good and it burns pretty good, but I feel like we can do a little better, and I feel like we do abcfg that can really bring a whole new product out and yeah, but I don't really know like if I even have time for that, but I do it, and by calling them directly, they respect the fuck out of it and they're fired up that I'm even paying attention to what's coming out of a random.
Speaker 2: Market, right.
Speaker 3: And so I just feel like when you put that work in yourself, then people will respect you as as that brand and you'll actually know what's going on all with your brand. I could be clueless sitting in this building right now, but yeah, Cookies is great.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We're fucking the biggest and the best, and yeah, fucking rock on. Or it could be the way I am antal about everything. Let me see it, Oh man, we could change this, or this store feels good, but we should do this, or like, are are they doing sales every week? Are they you know, are they engaging with the customer. I'm so hands on with everything from like design to flower new products to launches, or products to partners to you know, drama going on here there. That's why the business is still what it is is because I know what's up. Yeah, lose touch your shit, You're fucked. That's some real shit.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you in terms of, you know, you've had a journey that we've all watched very closely, but there was like a point in time where you were still probably very much like one foot in, one foot out on, like still being the guy sending packs and trapping hard and and and and also the guy trying to build a business in a career as an artist. A lot of those things parallel with each other. Do you remember kind of when was the first time you kind of got like the peace sleep of like I'm out of that life, like because at the end of the day, we're still you're still in the weak game, right, So it's still the weak games. You're still gonna kind of be involved in certain type of around certain people and shit. But in terms of just like really being like, man, I got through that shit.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, Like, yeah, when it hit that ten year mark, yeah, ten years right, I mean I think it's statue limitations, like seven years maybe it's ten years. I don't know, but after ten years, so like not being fucked with for anything ident the past, I felt good. I mean, we still get targeted and still get profile, still get questioned and have issues with banks and stuff like that, but like from the little shit I did prior in the very beginning of my career. Yeah, after that ten year of mark, you know, probably.
Speaker 2: You're like, hey, I ain't heard about it yet. I ain't gonna hear about it, you know.
Speaker 3: But I just chose to walk away at the right time.
Speaker 2: My mom died.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be no one else that could look after love my daughter the way I would or she would. Yeah, and I was like, I'm out. It's it took a lot of dedication. But that again, that's why I feel like the brand is what it is because I put it all onto that you could have one foot in and one foot out, but like you're only giving that one foot in half attention. Like, bro, I could be the brown bag boy right now. I could send packs. I could get more money for weed than anyone else I could be I know everybody.
Speaker 2: I could be killing it, But like, why would I do that when.
Speaker 3: I have cookies potentially being you know, one of the biggest canvas brands in the world as far as like being recognized everywhere, right, Like, why did I jeopardize that shit? And it's tough, it's tempting, and I missed the brown bag, and I missed hustling and whatnot, But like I just hustled a different way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would be your advice? Because we see guys like jay Z popped up.
Speaker 2: And had to be a brand and I don't know what happened with it, because I think it's called le came in.
Speaker 1: But we kind of see that a version of that happening a lot with artists, especially artists who don't necessarily even smoke with right, what would be like, you know, because because I do feel like there is a misconception that if you just get it, get your own strain, you know, man, you see it.
Speaker 2: All the time. We don't even got to say names.
Speaker 1: But there's so many rappers out here who have gone in and out of just strained deals and hoard themselves out to so many different guys, and they're on Instagram talking to doing posts for people about boxes and you see these terrible It's fucking crazy. There are these like, Yo, you're getting paid by the trapper in downtown LA to shout out their fucking telegram, like.
Speaker 2: What are we doing here? Like? Well, the first thing first, like if I if I was still sending boxes, I wouldn't pay anyone to shot me out at all. That's crazy. That's it's crazy. Yeah, you're snitching on yourself.
Speaker 3: So that's just I see that, and I'm like what, I'm like, Well, it's a commercial for them to come and get you, brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's one thing to shout out like a different type of weed. Hey I'm smoking this, Like that's cool, but to say, hey, my guy guarantees touchdowns and boom boom BOMs.
Speaker 2: You need your boxes.
Speaker 1: Make sure you follow so and so bro like they always touch down, trust me.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: So three things.
Speaker 3: One, if I was still trapping the Golden Rules, you don't even talk about that shit like that, right.
Speaker 2: Two, you don't know.
Speaker 3: Who the fuck you're validating. You might be validating someone that's got some crazy shit.
Speaker 1: So one can give you twenty five hundred dollars and a half a pounds a week for you stamping, who knows who the fuck they are?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know, artists find deals that are a little more pure, like maybe you get paid to stamp a different genetic or you get paid to.
Speaker 2: Endorse some brand.
Speaker 3: But like going back to a whole strained thing, like a strainer is only good if you have someone that can consistently grow good and could you know, help make it tangible in other markets.
Speaker 2: And I think but the problem is that a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people get in the week game have one never sold weed, two don't understand the weat industry, and three don't really have enough patience to see it through. They get paid a little bit of bread the biggest thing. Yeah, they get paid a little bit of bread. They put their brand on the shelf, they get a line for the first drop, and then they're not following up.
Speaker 2: And a lot of artists are so.
Speaker 3: Fucking get seated with their Instagrams that they won't even post the shit the way they're supposed to. They're like want to post like pictures of their chest and their.
Speaker 2: Their jewelry, fucking worried about their Instagram you know. Personestic Yeah, like you're a static bro. You got a brand.
Speaker 3: It's like, dude, like all right, So you know, I feel like if you're going to try to get in the we game. Understand what the week game is. First of all, Right, like I've been smoking weed forever. I've been in this game legally for like twenty one years already, so I have an unfair advantage of understanding what's going to.
Speaker 2: Work and what won't.
Speaker 3: You know, the perfect idea of a celebrity brand that worked is air Cup I do, and I'm gonna tell you why it worked because one, she took her time. I tried to approach her many years ago. She wasn't ready yet. She took her time to learn to understand the weed business. She took her time to understand the weed culture, right. She took her time to wait for a genetic that stood out, that made sense, that was different. She told me what kind of genetics she wanted. I told her, I said, Sis, we can give you something that's ready already. We can start breeding and try to find something that's that's really gonna check those boxes for you. She said, take your time, I'm in no rush. And so it took two years and we present her with Flour, which is like, is a lemon Cello cross that I really really really like?
Speaker 2: Right? So Erica has a real genetic right.
Speaker 3: Erica took time to understand the business, understands, you know, the culture. She took time to develop her genetics right. She also is hands on as fuck, and that goes back to what we talked about earlier. She's on every single call, every single creative call. She's a part of the design process. She's engaged. She's part of the store drops. She's part of like coming up with, you know, new products and new names for products.
Speaker 2: She actually gives a fuck.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, we're supposed to go live one day and promote one of the drops in the new market. She said, burn it and fucked around and he stop my live and shadow band my ass for posting.
Speaker 2: I said, you're Erica a bad dude. She said, I know. It ain't that a bit. It might be know what though, you're putting in the work.
Speaker 3: And so Erica's brand worked because she understood the purpose of it. She understands it's a medicine actually really connects people. She loves her, she loves her audience.
Speaker 2: It's not a lick.
Speaker 3: It's not a lick, but it's a lick. It's not about money for her at all. We've never I could be honest to say I've never discussed money with Eric Abadu about her we business all everyone once. All we talked about is it being great and resonating with the people and it being everywhere that we can put it. And that's all she cared about, right, And so her brand's going to continue to work, right, And we have some really cool products with her outside the flower, we got the mushroom tea with her, we got we got this crazy ass other flower formula that's kind of like a I think it's like a blue lotus or something like that that gets you feeling super trippy. She's the truth and like she took the time and put the respect for the culture and for her audience to educate them on what this actually is that she's selling anyone else doing that shit?
Speaker 2: Did you ever anticipate the Gary Payton thing becoming such a thing?
Speaker 1: No where people were like wrapping about a smoking out like Gary Payton, Like it's like was just a real like staple.
Speaker 2: Now it's just a bomb ass weed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Gary just made it like even cooler and you know the whole story how And that's again, it's an organic situation he's from Oakland, right, He's from Oakland. But like he didn't like, we didn't plan that out. That was just like happened random and organically as fu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you see, I mean every basketball player has got their own strain now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like again when Gary, he just trusts the process.
Speaker 1: Has like anybody, like a guy like Kevin Durant reached out to you to try to kind of get some game, because I do see he's trying to get to the week game a bit.
Speaker 3: I've chilled with Kevin hell of times. Yeah, yeah, you know, like and I've smoked bubble Kevin. Now he's openly talking about that, right, Yeah, he's openly talking about it because now players can smoke.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've gotten big high with Kevin Durant and I fuck with him a lot, and we have a game plan for something to do. It just depends whether he still wants to do it or not. But like I've sat with him, I've smoked with him, I've kind of presented a plan for him, and I foke with him because he actually really smokes big Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah for Haiti gets big high.
Speaker 4: Hey, we got to stop the interview to tell you about our partners at odd Socks. Maybe that's right. Shout out to our family of odd socks.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Look, the most comfortable socks in the entire world. Odd socksofficial dot Com. They just got the Coca Cola license, They got the Scarface license, they got the WWE license. They got fucking kool Aid socks. Chucky. You know what I'm saying, Halloween's coming, Get them fucking Chucky socks. Speaking of Halloween, what about the Ghostbuster joints? Man, what is our gas? They even got the Ghostbuster underwear. What I'm trying to tell you is whatever you're into, they got them at odd soxoddsocksoficial dot com. They just locked in the brand new saving what's it called? Well, look, they got transformers and power rangers. That's essentially what I'm sure. Oh Hasboro Hasboro license. All right, they got all the socks, draws, all that shit. Plus they got the odd Socks basics, which are my favorite just the normal guys. I mean, I wear them every single day in my life. They're literally the most comfortable socks. And don't forget about the underwear, ladies and gentlemen. The underwear there if you want to get twenty percent off at checkout, go to odd socksofficial dot com. Use that promo code Bootleg twenty percent off at checkout odd socksfofficial dot com. Trust me, all right, you go with some of these odd socks you put them on today, the most comfortable socks you ever put on your motherfucking life. You know what I'm saying, DM me. I might go reply, but they because you're a liar, you know what I mean. Anyway, also want to give a big shout out to our family at King Pom. Baby, that's right, shout out to King Pom.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Listen, I've been smoking these King palms since they've come on board, and I don't know what, man, Look bruh, these things right here. It's a tobacco free leaf. Just organic, no like, no bullshit, you know what I'm saying. Just organic. I mean, this thing right here, this is like, it's natural. What I like about it, you know what I'm saying. Now? This is where I like about King Palms is I went from smoking just straight papers to strictly King palms, and I love it because I like the way they burn and I like the way they taste. Because What they do have are these Turpen flavor tips. Yes, they're infused on the tip, tobacco free. You squeeze the tip and it's a burst of flavor. These are the sugar punch of shot to Sugar Shan O'Malley. These are the dragon fruits. What we got here, we got grape. They got all kinds of flavors, I mean literally watermelon. They got an energy drink flavor, California cream, whatever it is. And check this out right now. Not only can you go and get King Palm. I'm at your favorite smoke shop by your house, maybe seven to eleven pop in, get you some King Pom. Whatever smoke shop is near you has King Poms liquor stores all that. But you can also go to the website and get fifty percent off, half off whatever you want to order from King Pom. They got the smoking accessories, the ashtrays, the grinders, I mean, the glass tips, whatever you're into. Kingpom dot com promo code Bootleg say fifty percent off at checkout. Shout out to King Pom.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm about to smoke up right now after this podcast. All right, let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 2: Big I just saw him recently and he was smoking. It was like in public too. I was like, oh, you know, it's a give a fuck. I'm glad of you.
Speaker 3: Actually, that was one of the coolest people I've got highway that I couldn't say it before, but yeah, I've got a big.
Speaker 2: Who's the coolest person you've gotten with? This has got to be. I mean, you probably got on with everybody at this point. Somebody sticks out where you're like, Wow, I smoked with this person. That's fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: Dude, Dude to me, still be real, dude, Like I almost gonna be honest, like be real.
Speaker 2: Is a guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he gets he gets really high, and like when I see him, it's like a reunion of like, here's the flavors I've been fucking with, here's the flavors he's been fucking with. We're just rolling back to back and you know, I just this childhood goal ship. It's also like he's a legendary weed man too, you know these years, so like my favorite person.
Speaker 2: You know I've gotten high with this be real straight up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, be real? Obviously tell me how because you was this Snoop Wiz tour. Was this your biggest tour you've done, or one of them. At least it felt like one of the biggest. I think it was still because everyone was canceling their tours and the tour dates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one wanted to mention that the Snoop Dogg, Whiz Khalif a two short, More and G and Burner tour sold out in every.
Speaker 1: Market like and in a time where nobody was selling out shows, everybody.
Speaker 2: Was everyone was canceling.
Speaker 3: And the coolest thing about this tour for me was I got the opening slot right. It was DJL shout to DJ Drama. Drama was there, Drama was there. He put on, but like it was DJ Drama than me and then be worn too short with Snoop. And when I first got offered this show, I was like, fuck, I got the opening slot about to be fucked.
Speaker 1: I'm like, fuck, yeah, because those opening slats of those ampitheater shows could be they could be interesting.
Speaker 2: Bro, I've seen it a hundred different ways too, I've seen it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the best thing about this show was that it was never like that. That bitch was eighty five percent full every time I went on. There's videos the whole tour. I go on to seven pm.
Speaker 2: That bitch is full rocking, nice grown, mature crowd getting there early, young and grown. But they were there early because they liked the lineup.
Speaker 3: They didn't want to miss They don't want to miss you, they didn't want to miss me, they didn't want to miss Warren g. They didn't want to miss too short. They wanted to see the whole show. And so you know that that tour was life changing for me. I thank Snoop so much for hand selecting that that lineup, because he didn't hand select that lineup, and I feel super grateful for that. I got a chance to bomb with some of my you know, mentors and some of the guys I grew up listening to and looking up to.
Speaker 2: Got chance to show with the tailor game. You know, that's family.
Speaker 3: Me and Snoop got some deals coming out that that tour that are pretty big. We got cookies by Cookies coming soon under his food umbrella.
Speaker 2: So word cookies, buy cookies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just snacks, good snacks like that non confused Palmart.
Speaker 1: Baby yo for Snoop, like I feel like have you because because when we think of weed and hip hop, we think I think it's Snoop and then I think it is, and I think it'd be really I think of you. But in terms of just like the general public, everyone thinks a Snoop dogg Right, you've done some weed stuff with Snoop.
Speaker 2: For whatever reason, it feels like Snoop hasn't fully.
Speaker 1: Cracked off into space in a way that you would expect him to.
Speaker 2: I know you guys have done.
Speaker 1: Stuff, but have you have you like helped Snoop out at all in that.
Speaker 3: In that space we launched, we launched something together, did hella? Well, the doggy bag killed it. I mean when we dropped it and in LA the lines are down the block.
Speaker 2: We dropped it. In other markets, people loved it, was a good genetic.
Speaker 3: But I think the thing with Snoop is that he's way bigger than just focusing on a weed brand. He's he's an international fucking icon. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I think he's I mean, always tells the people he's the most famous rapper in the world.
Speaker 2: I think he's like famous people.
Speaker 3: He's like the closest like and I say this this may be a weird say he's like the closest guy to Michael Jackson out there, Like he's knowing like Michael, everyone knows who snooped dogs everybody. I don't care where you go, you know who the dog is. You know who the dog is. So I think that the dog. I think that Soup loves weed. He's a fan of weed. He loves smoke good weed. I've gotten high with him for years. He's a multiple brands. I think that he's just so much bigger than trying to focus on a weed brand. He's focused on like the food category now with the ice cream and the cereal. Like, I think he's focused on just like bigger plays that he didn't really think he'd be able to do. You know when he was younger, Snoop and I think that Walmart, Yeah, like that. Yeah, I mean he's not only getting the Walmart, he's opening the doors for other people, Like he didn't have to open that door for me. That's why I bought him the Rolex at the last day of the tour, because I was like, you know, I don't even know if he'll ever wear this watch, but like, I'm so grateful that he opened up the door for me to help normalize my myself as a household name, and by introducing that partner to develop create cookies and to and to actually distributing into places like Walmart. That's big as fuck for me, and I'm grateful for that. And I think that I told him that day. I said, you're the only artist I know that gives back like this. Yeah, you share your platform, you don't want nothing back. He told me, Burn I'm simple. You could have brought me a little bag, and we say, I know I could have, but like, I wanted to give you this from the heart because this is what you know in my world, Like this is what I've always dreamed about being able to do something like this, and like this tour a bought a lot of happiness to my life in a really dark time. And this tour gave me motivation to keep making music. And it showed me that around the country I'm respected all in different markets. I never thought I would be. And shit, bro, like you opening up big doors for us. So shout out to Snoop. He's the only guy that actually really shares his platform and gets back and gives opportunities to other artists when he ain't got to do that shit at all.
Speaker 2: That's that's my role model, really, no Soup.
Speaker 1: I always see him popping up on up and coming artist shit too, Like just like just randomly, you'd be like, yeah, Snoop's on like a Zoeld Simmer remix, so he's on a Scarlet record, like and it's just like, oh he's not only is he like you know, he's just tapped in and I feel like he's generous with his energy.
Speaker 2: Man, Man, that dude ain't gonta do that.
Speaker 3: Dude's caked up for sure, Suop Dog is caked up, liquidly caked up, and like his money's not in equity wanted. He's caked up for real, for real, and he don't have to do none. That shit he's doing, he's doing because he loves it. And that's the dope thing about the dog.
Speaker 2: Have any of the like you.
Speaker 1: Know, like when we think of a guy like Diddy, or we think of a guy like oh, have you had any discussions with those guys are all about maybe just kind of gaming them up in terms of the space, because it is a space that you know, like you said, it helps to be somebody who came from that life, you know what I mean, someone who's a smoker, someone who cares about the culture of cannabis, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I've sat down with Diddy.
Speaker 3: I had like really really cool like sit down with him and had a good relationship with him personally. Dude's a fucking legend, bro, He's an iconic dude for sure. We actually had the opportunity to talk with jay Z as well, and you know, it was a very it's like a thirty minute call, but it was like goalshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Talk was that just about just about just like cannabis and like where cannabis is going.
Speaker 2: And he gave me a lot of game.
Speaker 3: You know, We're just were sharing thoughts about things and that's kind of told them that, you know, like my goal with this business is to leave it to my daughter, but I would like to find a way to exit one day and get some liquid. He actually get some real cash, a couple hundred million bucks. Be cool, and he gave me some more game on.
Speaker 2: How to do that.
Speaker 3: I'm grateful for that. I gave him some game. We talked about doing something. He just never really moved like that.
Speaker 2: But like I was on the fucking zoom with jay Z. It was pretty cool. It's crazy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like I'm pretty cool, you know, talked the whole salute to him. I'm grateful for the game he gave me. I hope that he found the game. I gave him valuable. I'm here if they ever want to chop it up again. You know, like gave Diddy some good game. He gave me some good game. You know. So I feel blessed. Like it's one thing to be on that list. I even just sat down with doctor Dre belt before.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, like face to face. Yeah, what was the to face Dre meeting? Like crazy, because that's really for someone to grow up with that.
Speaker 2: I told you, I told you I would give you gems on this.
Speaker 3: I fuck with you. You're very consistent with like caring about my story. But like, yeah, shout out to Slim the Mobster Man. He made a call back.
Speaker 2: In the days yo, Slim the mobster fuck. He went on aftermath.
Speaker 3: He was in jail and he made a call and from jail was on the phone, and.
Speaker 2: You know, I went and went to go sit down with Dre. They was like not man here, man here.
Speaker 3: It was like shooting me away. I was like, Slim, I'm here, bro, I ain't tried. He said, hold on, boom boom, boom, and I get let in and I go sit down, and uh Andre sat down with me and I and I showed him a jar of what we wanted to call the Chronic and it was by far the best looking weed we've ever produced. It was incredible, beautiful. It was orange, purple, funky, stanky.
Speaker 2: Just budd looked.
Speaker 3: It was like it looked like it was out of a fucking movie. How good is we looked? I showed him the Chronic and he was just like, yeah, I fucked with it. And I appreciate Slim putting this play together, and you know, we'll think about it, but like, I don't know if I really want to kind of put myself in the industry. And I got you know, he told me, I got money money, and I don't really want to play with that until you know, maybe it's federally illegal.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to risk it. I'm like, what year is this?
Speaker 3: This was like like three or four years ago?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, so not too far not too long ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I said, I respect that, and I said, kind of leave this with you for yourself, for those who smoke. He's like for sure, And I got like a nervous picture with him. Fred Reck took the picture for me because he was there. Shott to fred Reck. But yeah, I think it's cool that like being on that hip hop list. I think it's cool because like Dre saw me, he had to see you, like, oh, let's I remember that guy he pitched me on this week.
Speaker 2: It's well, yeah, I guess it worked for him.
Speaker 3: I think it's cool because I got a chance to share moments with Diddy and I got a chance to share moments with jay Z and the top four. Yeah, and I didn't get I've never met.
Speaker 2: Kanye, you know, I don't know whatever.
Speaker 3: I have no opinion on that, but I'm just saying it's cool because I've ran into all those guys and I felt good for them to see me up there because I told them what I wanted to do and what I was building at the time.
Speaker 2: And now they see they see the list.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, because the same guy that does their evaluation and it's kind of making sure that you know their their their network.
Speaker 2: Is credible and relevant is doing mine. So it's real.
Speaker 1: You know, I was gonna say, when that happens, what is the whether it's the FORB or that list, what is like the influx in people just in your DMS or bothering you or all of a sudden trying to fuck with you, it's got to be crazy.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, bro, it's crazy. I'm not the answer to anyone's problems. I promise you.
Speaker 1: We're just like I would just see people like like posting that would just never ever like post about.
Speaker 2: You or like even like acknowledge your music or what you're doing, and.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, now you know, now you know this guy's on the cover of Forbes, and now you know you're.
Speaker 2: Fucking I mean, it's kind of cool. You Obviously, the more successful you get, the more people are gonna come.
Speaker 3: To They're gonna come, They're gonna come and like recognize game. But like again, for me, it's just it's life goal shit.
Speaker 2: Because I grew up.
Speaker 3: Looking up to jay Z, I grew up looking up to Diddy, who didn't right, grew up looking up to Doctor Dre. Kanye is fucking No matter what anyone says about the guy, he's a fucking He's a legend, bro genius.
Speaker 2: He's he's a smart guy.
Speaker 3: He built he built out easy, hard, and so like his school sitting next to those guys. It's cool to like be acknowledged by the same guys that acknowledged him on a wealth, you know, side of things. But like, fuck, I just felt good when I came out. I was like, damn, I was talked multiply these guys. I told what I wanted to do. I think the coolest thing is, bro, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just getting started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we just I can't say what, but Vibes just locked.
Speaker 2: In something so big. No, the Vibes papers are going crazy.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's I mean, I feel like it's very hard to take off the top dog, and I feel like you guys have done a really good job of like like if I go to any smoke shop it used to be if I went.
Speaker 2: To a smoke shots shop and I saw Vibes, Oh you guys got vibes, that's fucking sick. You know, Burner's my friend. That's cool. It's everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But like the play we just locked in for Vibes is so next level, bro, Like and you know you as we'll see it two years from now because.
Speaker 2: I probably won't be able to talk about it for a while.
Speaker 3: But like it's one of those plays that like goes down to history, bro, and so like I'm just getting started. So if I made that list now, right, it's crazy because this alone, yeah a beast of a business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mibes just about a hit hard.
Speaker 3: So like you know what, I feel like, Cookies is nowhere close to where it's going to be, especially because we haven't really added international as much as we could possibly in the future.
Speaker 1: So it's crazy because you've dealt with so many uphill battles in every single one of these spaces you're in, Like especially like I remember when you had the public falling out with Josh Raw because it feels like if I'm a guy who has a company that depends on weed users and Burner comes into that space, I'm freaking the fuck out because I know it's gonna work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, especially like if by coming to that space, I getting next to key players that actually make that business. What's about to be? Because I started getting next to everyone real quick, yeah, real quick. Like I didn't just say white label of a rolling paper for me. I went and found the best rolling paper producer. I went and found the best specialty I them producer, like the Cali the could you could have been lazy and did with a lot of people would have then just white label some ship. Yeah, yeah, we ain't doing none of that. And so the fact that we start getting close to real people I think made other rolling paper producers feel their threat. But that threat shouldn't have been felled till today because the document that came through my meal today it's serious. Yeah, motherfuckers better feel that threat because I'm coming for the top space and rolling paper business. And I say that with confidence when my balls hanging down to my feet right now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Where do you feel like the shrewd game's going?
Speaker 1: Because it feels like, at least on the black market, it's the new packs, it's the new it's the new way to get margins, it's the new way to make some fucking serious money. Is out extremely illegal to psulicibin, but in certain places like Oakley. I think San Francisco now legal or decriminalized. I don't oh yeah, they don't give a shit about that. I think Strooms is about.
Speaker 2: To be a big wave.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be just like the cannabis swen.
Speaker 1: Seems like the next thing that's about to get hoord out quickly, get corny quickly.
Speaker 2: You know, there's obviously.
Speaker 1: High medicinal purposes for it, especially for therapeutics space.
Speaker 3: Like even without psilocybin, mushrooms are good for your body, that good for your for your for your mind.
Speaker 2: Because you have caps.
Speaker 1: You have caps, which is legal mushrooms that you could go buy at any I mean, I'm assuming any cookies dispensary.
Speaker 2: We actually got like a some kind of like.
Speaker 3: Some kind of like not a war, but like some kind of like some kind of acknowledgment in men's health about caps. But I planned that seed where early caps.
Speaker 1: Right, because whenever psylicyber comes to be a thing, you already have caps.
Speaker 3: I already have caps, and you know, fucking I'll tell you and whatever. But like we already have a bunch of different like R and D going on with like really you know, psilocybin style mushrooms and like just finding the best, you know, the best type of mushroom and you know, just kind of like doing our research on a very small level in the background. So when that time comes we cheat just like genetics, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nothing, it's nothing different because there's penis envy, there's.
Speaker 1: Tidal waves, there's I mean there's a different strains that do different things that hit you differently that'll give you different emotional you know, reactions and visibilities.
Speaker 3: And so you know, we're just we're slow playing that. We got the legal side of mushrooms already on deck. And they're really good for your sleep and really good for your daytime, you know, I level, man, Yeah, they're good for you know, for like the mind and being sharp and when you know, recreational hits for psilocybin weren't positioned to introduce it to be ready and in a very good way with like purpose and like with good quality products. But I think that psilocybin would just be just like the canvas industry, All these chats.
Speaker 2: Are going to come in and try to fuck it up.
Speaker 1: They're kind of a I think that's actually happening right now because I I saw I just watch a YouTube video that someone's trying to trademark or copyright like psilocybin therapy, which is a weird thing to try to like, it's it's some weirdo shit going on already in that space.
Speaker 2: Fuck all that shit.
Speaker 1: I'm crazy, like like in your position right being in so many different cities, so many different markets.
Speaker 2: Do you ever have to deal with like any cause you know.
Speaker 1: I know right now there are lobbyists that are trying to get the psilocybin shit passed through.
Speaker 2: But do you ever have to.
Speaker 1: Deal with like politicians or anybody who's like it, because that's it feels like it feels like there's definitely gotta be uh a agenda or lobby on both sides to make it federally legal and or illegal, And it feels like you.
Speaker 3: Might have some sort of insight on what only like im like in s certain markets, like when they're holding back our license to open and store.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to like certain uh politicians and kind.
Speaker 3: Of just say hey, like what's going on, Like we'd love to build you and woo whooping get a chances to say hello.
Speaker 2: But I mean, bro, if I've ever invited to the White House or if.
Speaker 3: I'm ever invited somewhere around some of these lawmakers, I would love to give my input.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, do you think federally it's gonna happen soon? In terms of no, no, five years, ten years.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't know why one of these fucking cocksuckers running for president doesn't just fucking say, guys, I'm gonna make weed league.
Speaker 2: Because there's too many old people. Position presidents are just puppets. It's just fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: You would think, like you you probably win the election, just run that you're making weed legal and you get a free fucking marijuana prisoners.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. They don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: There's too much money behind keeping people locked up, and there's too many old people with old thoughts and old agendas in position. We need some of these guys to kind of phase out and let the new generation take office.
Speaker 2: I give it ten years. I think ten years.
Speaker 3: I would love to be optimistic and say we can go legal students, I can really build my business away. It should be built, and we can get really these weird ass laws like two eighty and ship. But I don't see it happening anytime soon. That's why I spread my wings really hard and stay relevant and many other ways.
Speaker 2: Give me your top five rappers ever. Pock Uh.
Speaker 3: Bone Thugs is a group Crazy Bone trying for crazy Bone right now.
Speaker 2: Definitely Ship. This is tough. I'm biased, man, I'm fucking I'm an old school dog.
Speaker 3: I mean, snoop, you got pock Bone Snoop. I mean biggies in there for sure. And fuck, dude, this is tough. I'm so old school man, I'm so old school when it comes to music. Uh.
Speaker 2: Fuck, I don't get ridiculed for this list. Fifth person bro, DMX, DMX and you got to work with DMX Yeah for the best, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: I related to his ship a lot. Now there's a bunch of people I should have said politically and whatever, but that's just what comes to my head right out what I'm listening to right now.
Speaker 2: You didn't do the political Bay Area rapper of throwing there. That's his own list, you know, that's his own list. Fuck you know the jacka.
Speaker 3: The jacka Mac dra for sure, E forty san Quin and I mean, bro, you got to give two shortest.
Speaker 2: Probably too short. Yeah, yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I feel like people who aren't from the Bay will never quite understand Mac.
Speaker 2: Dre or san Quinn Quinn or even the Jack of the Jacker.
Speaker 3: That's one number one Bay Area You know, I'm one of his biggest fans, but the sand Quin is probably one of the best rappers out this out the Bay, I think out the West Coast. He just never got a chance to sean like that on a very very major level, but like Quinn showed that heat to this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Now I think it's crazy because I had that talk with.
Speaker 1: Somebody else from debate that I won't mention, but we're we're kind of talking about how like, like I understand why mac dre is important. I understand, you know, I also understand from what a lot of people told me that people didn't really in terms of the streets funck with him and like like at least his error shit until he passed.
Speaker 2: It was more like some Berkeley ship.
Speaker 1: And then once he passed, people kind of really truly appreciated what he did.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: All right, man, Well, hey before we go, can you give me the last time we hung out?
Speaker 2: You gave me.
Speaker 1: O G. H.
Speaker 2: Burner in the in the what I figured? What happened?
Speaker 1: You're afraid you were gonna get robbed in the mountains of Humble County. That shit went super viral. Let's dive back fifteen years, twenty years. Burn give me the another random just storytime with Bernard. Give me a crazy story about a situation that might have been dicey back in the day.
Speaker 2: It could have been in Humble County. It could have been in the streets in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Give me, give me a little ancdot, a little tidbit, man before we go.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess a good one would be I let someone handle something for me one time. And you know, I just I felt to him my gut, that wouldn't be the right move. I said, bro, like, be it very attentive. These guys are kind of like, these guys are kind of shifting, and I don't think they're gonna rob you by gunpoint, but I feel like some's gonna go wrong. So you know, I'm gonna let you handle this because I'm not around, but like, be very attentive to what happens.
Speaker 2: He's like, for sure, I got you.
Speaker 3: So he goes to meet up with this guy in the hotel and he gives him the bags in a double bag, and the guy gives him the money.
Speaker 2: The money's vacuum.
Speaker 3: Sealed, and you know it looks right, hundreds on top and whatever, and there was two vacuum seal bags. And kind of made a joke like what you don't trust me want to count here? You really want to count it out here.
Speaker 2: I got to do, I got to move.
Speaker 3: I gotta go boxes up and get him out of here. And was like, yeah, you know he's a bro. At least bus open one, you can count it real quick. And the dude opened up for him with the vacuum seal back and hand him a stack and counted through the whole stack.
Speaker 2: It's all hunters. Boom boom boom.
Speaker 3: Cool put it back and he's like, bro, I gotta go, I gotta move, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 3: My boy takes off, gets where he's going, opens up the vacuum seals and the rest of all the stacks are just one hundred on.
Speaker 2: Top of all ones. Oh, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: He calls me and tells me, like, bro, you really let this man pull out the stack and count it for you. Like I mean, he didn't count it for him, but you really let him open that pack up and probably you let him give you the right corner stack. He didn't go through anything else. He's like, bro, he's.
Speaker 2: Moving so fast. He was nervous. It was just seems shady.
Speaker 3: He was opening up the packs and starts smiling the room. I just want to get out of there with all that bread. And I was worried about getting robbed when I left. I might, but you're worried about getting robed when you left. But you got robbed right there. He's calling the Dukes phones for DU's phones out of service?
Speaker 2: How much? How much money we're talking. I don't even remember at the time.
Speaker 3: It was like probably like sixteen years ago or something like that, but I just know my boy got fucked big time and it fell on him. I'm like, bro, you were there to handle it. You were there to count the bread. I told you what to do. He didn't do it, So that's all you got to eat.
Speaker 2: That fucking hell. Yeah, he never claimed me back for it. But that was a random one.
Speaker 3: So for all them bad boys out there, if someone comes with a neatly stack of hundreds, all flattened out, perfect in the vacuum self, go through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should never just take the vacuum seal of money. Just open it up, make sure it's that it's.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're already somewhere doing the deals. I mean, you're already invested in this situation, counted out. So you know, that's just a good old story that happened. Someone pulled a slick one of my little homie and a little homie is supposed to make.
Speaker 2: Me back, but he did not.
Speaker 1: The crazy shit is like right now in downtown La It's it's it's the wild wild West. Like, if you're downtown and you live in a high rise, I guarantee you there was a trapper on your floor. And if you see guys moving around with tons of luggage all the time, they're not traveling.
Speaker 2: LA is wild right.
Speaker 3: Now, Rappers, stop shouting out these these trap guys, man, let them, let them build it or getting following. This shit is crazy, fucking snitching dude, dog, It's like, yeah, it's crazy man.
Speaker 2: Well look man, obviously, uh people can go.
Speaker 1: I mean you got When's in New Mexico opening a November three, So November third, that's coming, new music coming, collap project with be Realong the Way, Mazie, Oh Jeezy, Larry Cookies, clothing is going crazier than ever. Yeah, I feel like you guys probably, I mean keeping Zoomies alive.
Speaker 2: At this point, Zoomie's has been a great party talking man, you guys are fucking front and center. Yeah, they've been a great party.
Speaker 3: We got two shoes coming out year with somebody. I'm like, Ia, Yeah, like sneakers are they fly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hhmm okay, I keep coming at you know, I keep coming with it.
Speaker 2: Man, A cookie sneaker coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They try to write me out, man, it's not happening. Cookies slides, Yeah, slides is good. But I'm talking about like a partnership with a bigger company, like a collab sneaker, a collapse sneaker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not just that's putting out.
Speaker 3: No, it's a collab with a pretty big brand, relevant brand.
Speaker 1: And why do you guys stop doing denim? Or is it you guys not do it as much because you're a big gene guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I don't know. It's just just tough. Focus on business. Yeah yeah, focus on what works man. Well, cookie shoes on the way. So much going on? Oh real quick? Uh? I know you're a big Maui guy.
Speaker 1: I had to be tough to see what happened in Maui because that's when I go to Maui, I stay like that's where I'm at. I'm always in in the of eating food, and you know, I go to that big ass tree and eat gold like, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a terrible situation. Shout to everyone on the ground putting in that work out there in Maui. A lot of people are making sure that they're taken care of.
Speaker 2: I know that's kind of like you're like dream like if I retire, you always talk about like going to Maui.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I definitely want to be in Maui or Kawaii. But like, yeah, shout out to everyone in Maui. I've checked in, I've helped out. You know, I'm not good. I'm not one of those guys at publicly just post what I do for things. But you know I've helped out in the ways I can. And I know that there's good people on the ground making sure people are good out there for sure.
Speaker 2: Man, Well there it is, Big Burn. I appreciate you, really appreciate you. Bro. Yes sir, yes, sir. Hey what up? Man?
Speaker 4: You just watched another episode of the Blue leg Cap podcast, brought to you by Hard Dean. Baby. Shout out to the family at Hard Dean, don't forget make sure if you're in Las Vegas, you get into that taxi as soon as you land to get into that uber. Say take me to hard Dean. All Right, they gonna get you taken care of the most craziest premium selection of cannabis you'll ever find under one roof survive in there, the butt tenders, they gonna take care of you. Man, Listen, tell them I sent you. They're gonna get you, right. Shout out to the family at Harden in Las Vegas, the number one dispensary in the world, all right, and we are so proud to be partners with them, So shout out to Harden. Go follow them online, Hardan Underscore Las Vegas and check out their website Hardenlasvegas dot com. Get you some swag. You know you can't buy this, but you know, yeah, Shout out to Hardeen.