Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, Hi, is this wild?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who's this?
Speaker 1: This is Natalie?
Speaker 2: How are you? How are you? Natalie?
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm good. Greg? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm feeling a lot better. I was really feeling horrible yesterday, and today I'm feeling much better. I'm still on the I'm still in the eternal pursuit for the answers, you know, But I and I think every day I get a little bit closer to some form of an answer, but I understand that there will never be any kind of final answer. But anyway, that's what that's that's me. What's what's up with you? Man? What is it that you called in to talk about? If anything?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I told the call screener that I put my daughter up for adoption and my therapist actually has her.
Speaker 2: Okay, how old is you?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 2: How old was you? I tell me, tell me the story. What happens.
Speaker 1: So my daughter is about six months old. When it happened, it was back in January last year, and I was like going through a lot of like postpartum depression, not anything like too serious. I was just questioning my own capabilities of being a single mom. And I talked to my parents about it, and my parents are pretty close friends with my therapist, and so they talked to my therapist a little bit about it, and I ended up finding out that my therapist was looking to adopt or foster even so I talked to her, and within like about forty eight hours of that conversation, she came and picked up my daughter and took her to her place and started paperwork towards an adoption. I ended up actually talking to like some co workers who pointed me in a direction of one of their parents was like an adoption attorney. So I talked to her because I was kind of like skeptical about everything with how fast it happened, So you know, I talked to her, got her professional opinion. She thought the whole situation was sketchy just because of how fast it was, and because it was my therapist that had her. I wasn't in like any sort of like unhealthy mindset that would put my daughter at risk of anything either, And so she said that she wanted me to pursue to get my daughter back, and so that's what I started to do.
Speaker 2: She wanted you to.
Speaker 1: What to get your daughter back, to start pursuing to get her back like in court.
Speaker 2: So, okay, you gave your daughter up for adoption to your therapist and now you are trying to get her back.
Speaker 1: Well, I had a last court case and basically where everything is kind of finalized, everything did happen really fast. One of the paperwork was printed out online. It was one that me and my baby daddy signed for our write. So that part was like a really really big red flag. And that's what made me my attorney sorry, wanted to pursue, like wanted me to pursue like getting her back because she thought it was just like a bad idea. But later I just talked to my parents and my therapist about it and we just decided to keep it as is and have visitation.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's start from the beginning.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: It says here that you're twenty two. Yes, okay, was this child planned?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Okay? And when you found out that you were pregnant, did you have a conversation or a debate or you know, what was your thoughts about whether or not you you wanted to to bring it to terms? Oh? Was you what were your thoughts about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So when I was pregnant, when I found out I was pregnant. I was kind of depressed, and I didn't see it more of like a burden, something that was going to make my life harder. I thought it more of, oh, like, I'm going to change for the better. I'm gonna change my life around for this being, this human that's like you know, in my body. I'm gonna better myself for her. I'm gonna, you know, like do whatever it takes to make this one thing happy. Like I like created a purpose for myself to be a mom.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that purpose, it's sort of like you adapted to the scenario to go, Okay, maybe this is an opportunity to you know, try to get a little bit closer to being the kind of person I want to become in service of this child. Yeah, okay, Yes. And the father, what's his deal? Is he involved?
Speaker 5: Is he?
Speaker 2: Are you guys together?
Speaker 1: Preferred not to be involved. He's coxic, kind of narcissistic. It's not really something I wanted around my daughter.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you so he's not going to be involved?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay? Uh? And are you still seeing him?
Speaker 1: What was that? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Are you are you still seeing him romantically? Oh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Do you still talk to him.
Speaker 1: I have him on Snapchat and like the pictures I get of my daughter, I'll send it him just because I feel like he has the right to be able to, you know, like see her as well, not like in person, but like pictures. You know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 3: Is he he's is he asking for pictures but he doesn't necessarily want to even be em But but he doesn't want to be involved or go to see her in person.
Speaker 1: No, he's complicated. He's all over the place when it comes down to his feelings towards this. He originally wanted to help me pursue the whole thing, changed his mind halfway through, and then you know, I was just like, yeah, I don't know what I was thinking trying to get him involved because you know, he hasn't changed.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you have the kid. Uh how does it feel when you have the kid?
Speaker 1: So I only have like visitations. So when I do go, it's like with like my therapist and her husband as well.
Speaker 2: So I'm talking about I know that I know that you gave your daughter up six months, but I'm talking about one day old. What are the feelings, what are the thoughts? Oh?
Speaker 1: I was I was obsessed with her, like, I was happier than I've ever been my entire life. I U discovered that a mother's love is like a genuine new type of emotion. It was truly a great experience.
Speaker 2: But okay, and then tell me, over the course of that six months, what led you to make the decision to put her up for adoption.
Speaker 1: So I have a memory disorder, and there were certain times, like certain days where uh, like, my daughter wouldn't fuss, she wouldn't cry, she was an excellent baby. So she would have a dirty diaper and she wouldn't fuss about it, and so I had to start setting a warm So I made sure she had a clean diaper to make sure that I personally wasn't forgetting. And I looked down upon myself for doing that. I'm like a normal quote unquote normal mom shouldn't have to do that, And so I thought that I would be worse for her having to like do all this extra stuff to make sure I'm doing everything that I need to do. I just thought that she would be better off to somebody else who knew what they were doing and didn't have this this like wall. You know.
Speaker 2: Okay, see, you you made a very adult decision to go I love this person so much that I know I'm not going to be the best caregiver for them, and so I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Give them up financially or eventually.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, and that's a mature decision to make.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of negative feedback on it, a lot of like the majority of my support.
Speaker 2: System, why did you tell me what your friend that had? Okay, what were there? What was their reasoning as to why that was a bad decision?
Speaker 1: They thought that me and my daughter should be together. I got a lot of people that were happy that I was pursuing to get her back, but then you know, cut me off again once they realized that I, you know, stop doing that and just going for visiting sun and stuff and.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now here's what's weird to me, and I'm sure what's weird to people who are listening and uh is I'm just it's just a little weird. This is a little weird. Okay, no, it's no, no, well, okay, this special I mean what you're going, you know, the therapist thing is the really weird. And I want to kind of figure out what's going on here. So I assume you said, how long have you been seeing your how at the time that you had the bait that the child is born, how long have you been seeing your therapist for.
Speaker 1: I've had my therapist therapist since I was fifteen years old, twenty.
Speaker 2: Fifteen, okay, so a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's she's like another like parental figure for me.
Speaker 2: All right, And I assume when your baby was born you had a lot to talk about in therapy. Yeah, okay, and how what was what kinds of things were you talking with your therapist about.
Speaker 1: I was mostly worried about, like my my baby, daddy's sticking around and you know he didn't but like that's okay, Like my therapist, like she was great. She was telling me, like you know, they're single moms out there, I mean, you can't do it, like don't listen to what other people have to say, like you know your baby best, and like, you know, she she was doing great. She gave me really good advice when it came towards like not listening to other people.
Speaker 2: Okay, And then I how does she how does she then adopt your baby? You talk to like like your therapist is telling you that she's looking to adopt and you're looking to give up your baby and then it just happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I had to actually uh do like more paperwork. That was like canceled my therapist being my actual like me going to therapy with her. So I got like another therapist and like I see him now instead of her, But like legally she couldn't still be my therapist and have my daughter as well as her mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was going to say, there seems to me to be a lot of conflict of interest, conflicts of interest with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that was the whole issue with court too.
Speaker 2: Okay, so are you still so now? Who is in possession of the child? Is it your therapist?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's still my therapist.
Speaker 2: Okay, And did you find a new therapist?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, Can I ask you what your new therapist's opinion? I want to know what's your real what's your new therapist's opinion on this entire situation? What have theyd my.
Speaker 1: So, the therapist that has my daughter, she referred me to the therapists I have now. They they work together at a rehab I went to when I was really young. That's how I met the original therapist.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I knew.
Speaker 1: I know who this like therapist is since like twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: Okay as well.
Speaker 2: So I didn't like what is the what is what is his opinion?
Speaker 1: So he he doesn't like think it's like bad. He just he asked me more of my opinion, if anything, I don't. I don't think I necessarily know his opinion because he's talking to me about so much about how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, m hm, does have any well, does he have any opinion on the conflict of interests involved in your therapist adopting your child?
Speaker 1: I didn't necessarily talk to him about like the conflict of interest. I was just like, Oh, her name's Fanny. Annie has her, and like I miss her, but like he's like, oh, you're still able to see her. Just be grateful that it's her who has her because she's given you like visitation and like you know, like you fought in court against her and she's still like willing to let you see your daughter.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me about this, tell you what's going on in court? Okay. So you give your daughter up for adoption to your therapist and then you you what made you kind of retract your decision to do that and then go to the.
Speaker 1: Court the So I talked to Annie and my parents about everything, and I found out that Annie's attorney was saying that it's a it's a done. Feel like you guys have her. There's no way you can get like she can get her back legally now because the adoption's finalized and stuff, And my attorney was kind of fighting to get my old therapist. Is Annie her license taken away? If she was telling me that's how I would get my daughter back when in reality that wasn't the case at all. So I just like went to the court like asked for hearing, and I was just like, honestly, at this point, I feel like she isn't the healthiest place for her. Like she's healthy, she's happy, she has a great support system, I'm able to see her, and you know, I just asked him to put an end to it.
Speaker 2: So where are we at now?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is is there is you their plans for your daughter to return into your custody.
Speaker 1: No, it's she's gonna stay with Annie. It's not necessarily what I want, but it's honestly what I do believe what's best for her, because I mean I'm only twenty two. I don't have like the best job. I don't make that much money. Like she's like Annie makes a lot more money than I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your your still in the mindset that caused you to want to give her up in the first place, which is just that you're not in the You're not the best possible caretaker for her, and you know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, are you still.
Speaker 2: Going to go visit her?
Speaker 1: Yes? I face from her, I get pictures and I'm gonna see her for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Are you hoping to or planning to be a active part of her life?
Speaker 1: Yes. So I was actually adopted myself, and one of my biggest issues growing up was not having a like a relationship with my adopted family because I missed and wanted so badly to have a relationship with my birth family that I couldn't have because I mean, you know, they weren't there. So, like, I know, it's best for me and also for her to stick around and be a part of your life. Okay, So it's more than anything would I want to.
Speaker 2: So legally, your former therapist is going to be this child's mother, and you will be the birth mother, and you're all going to be involved in her life. Yes, okay, and the and the baby daddy is is out is out, but he gets snapchats and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he gets the pitch.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So you told me that your therapist asked you a bunch of questions about your opinion about this whole situation. Correct, Yeah, and what were your thoughts.
Speaker 1: It's it's definitely a whiplash of emotion. There are days where I'm like, Yeah, this is what's best for her, and then there are days like where I'm like, oh, I wish I continued to pursue in court. I wish I had her here with me. But I always have to take a step back and remember to look at that bigger picture. And I thought of it more of a could or should type of situation if anything. Yeah, I can fight for my daughter back, but should I Is this going to be what's best for her? Like you know, it's all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think I think it's a good thing that you are making decisions with your top priority being what is going to be best for her?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's next for you? Natalie? Are you in school? Do you work? What? Tell me about your life? Because you're very young.
Speaker 1: What do you I am? I'm still I'm still figuring that out because I had my mindset and uh, basically a purpose for myself to be a mom, and now that's no longer in front of me. I actually had this conversation with like the guy I'm seeing like the other day, and he's just like, you know, just don't get in your head too much about it. M m Yeah, I don't know where I'm going. I'm just trying to do one day at a time, keep myself happy and healthy, uh, you know, keep a job. I think doing school would be cool, but like I just wouldn't know what exactly to pursue.
Speaker 2: Mhm. Do you have a lot of friends and family? I mean, like, what's what's your current support system?
Speaker 1: Look like, I have a old high school friend, she's my roommate. Now that's uh, she's basically my support system. I struggle with trust issues with like my family and stuff, and they're extremely Mormon and I'm extremely not.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: I grew up Mormon, left the church really at a young age.
Speaker 2: But m hm.
Speaker 1: Hm, definitely not something I believe that.
Speaker 2: Do you like your new therapist I do, Okay, Natalie, I am a random guy with no training of any kind or no knowledge of any kind and anything. I just come on here and talk to people about their lives, and I try not to give advice or tell people what to do. But something is telling me right now. I'm not going to tell you what to do. But what if I floated the idea around of getting a therapist because I know you said that this guy is like you know, someone that you've known for a while, and someone that knows this this person that is the guardian of your daughter. Now, what if I floated up the idea of getting a therapist who is not remotely involved in this situation at all and doesn't know anyone that you know? Yeah, ok, because there is a lot of I definitely had that. There is a lot of conflicts. Well, there's just a lot of so many conflicts of interest here. How are you feeling before we go, Allison? How are you just feeling in general?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: I mean, not not terrible, not not amazing, just content. You know, I tried to stay optimistic about as much as I can.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, good, Allison. Is there any other like aspect of this that we didn't cover that you wanted to talk about or anything else you want to say to me or to the people of the computer or you know, yeah, it's it's Natalie.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's Natalie. Actually, but.
Speaker 7: He did.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, No, you're fine, just to the people at the computer. Like you know, life throws things that use throws obstacles. Ship gets really really hard, but to keep chugged along, like you know, if you if you give up now, you won't be able to see what there is to come.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for calling Natalie.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, Lyle. I appreciate the time.
Speaker 5: Have a go on, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Let me think for two seconds. I don't sometimes I give I've been thinking a lot more about how I want to approach the way I do this podcast. And my my favorite thing to do is to just talk to a person and get the story in the her own words and give as little of my own commentary as I possibly can, although sometimes that's not true. Sometimes I do give a bunch of my own commentary. So I'm gonna, I mean, look, definitely a conflict of interest there with the therapist. Sounds like she's a little bit too involved in Natalie's life. I don't know what I'm talking about, but I feel like the I feel like a therapist should not I feel like your therapist probably shouldn't know your family. They probably shouldn't be close enough to you to take custody of your daughter. It just feels like a lot. So I hope that Natalie can find a new therapist who has nothing to do with her family, or her life or any of that stuff. I think that sounds like a much better way to go. And then as far as like this whole situation with the kid, I mean, fuck, man, that's some rough shit. That's some heavy shit. Sometimes I don't have anything else to say other than fuck, that is some heavy shit. But I hope her daughter. I don't I don't know what I don't. I don't know. I'm not a child psychologist. I don't know what growing up in an environment like that with all these kind of unclear parental roles does to a kid. I don't know. I'm trying to think of, like what Natalie can do moving forward, just for herself, keep going, man, it was nice to hear that she was making decisions, uh with her dog's well being in mind, like it, I did, mean what I said, when I feel like it's it's a mature thing. It takes a lot to be able to look at yourself and go, yeah, I'm not it for this kid. I don't I don't have the I don't have a job enough, I don't have a you know whatever enough to be able to take care of the kid. So I'm gonna put her somewhere where she will be taken care of. I think that's a lot. Thanks for sharing your story, Natalie jak bless you. Hello, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 8: I am Aiden?
Speaker 2: Aiden? What's going on with you?
Speaker 8: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Much?
Speaker 8: So I called in because I need help with something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hit me.
Speaker 8: So, I just don't understand how people can do like weird ship in like Walmart or public in general, like pranks and ship I like, I've tried it with my friends. We just we can't do it. We can't stand the embarrassment. I just don't know what we have to do?
Speaker 2: What what kind of what kind of pranks are you and your friends doing in Walmart?
Speaker 8: So so well, you know, like I don't know, just like I couldn't even tell you like a specific pranks, just like weird ship, embarrassed and ship and I'm here, my friend you can what.
Speaker 2: How do you? How do you even? Okay, let me talk to your friend, but like you take me up with the speakerphone, it's a little hard to hear you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, okay, hella, this is Ryan.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hi, right, Ryan? What Ryan? What pranks are you and your friends doing in Walmart?
Speaker 6: So basically there's a there's a lot of guys like, uh, I don't know what consuratively a YouTube and a full crumb.
Speaker 2: I've yeah, I've seen, I've seeing the genre that you're discussing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he will go into like Walmarts and other like I don't know, food establishments and stuff, and he'll just like he'll just rip a blinker like on his cart and then just going.
Speaker 1: Like, what does you do you want?
Speaker 2: What is what does a blinker mean?
Speaker 6: Ripping a blinker like on a like on a cart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I don't know what that means. Okay, let me all right, let me okay. You guys are trying to make videos, right, so you're going into public and you're afraid.
Speaker 8: Of don't we don't want to make we don't want to make videos.
Speaker 6: We just want to do it for fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you trying? Because you know, listen, I've asked you, guys, what do you what is it that you want to do? And you you haven't given me an answer, and I'm having how are you unable to do a thing that don't even know what the thing is?
Speaker 6: Because it's not the It's not that's not the issue were having. It's more about getting over the embarrassment.
Speaker 2: Of it, Yes, the embarrassment of doing what.
Speaker 8: Well, So, like, would you go out? I mean, I mean I don't know if you would. All right, So you've never watched like pranks like in public and Walmart like on you?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've watched guys have watched pranks in public and Walmart. But I'm asking you what it is that you specifically are trying to do? You know, I if you, if you if you don't even know what it is, you're too embarrassed to do that. You don't know that you're too embarrassed to do it.
Speaker 8: So like we'll go in and like, I can't think of the specific one right now, I don't I don't know, Like, well, give me an example of a prank see on YouTube TikTok.
Speaker 2: Me, I'm asking I want to know from you. Okay, let me Yeah, I'm we're gonna reverse engineer this. Okay, who am I talking to? Ryan, Aiden and Aden? What are you hoping to get out of doing this?
Speaker 4: Just satisfaction?
Speaker 8: I mean, like, yeah, we're not making it. We don't want to make any videos. But it's just like something fun to do because like where we're from, like there's nothing really to do when we hang out, so it's just I don't know what's gonna do.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you guys? What do you guys want to do? You say that there's nothing to do where you're from, but you have the agency to go where you want and do what you want. What is it that you want to do?
Speaker 8: Go to Walmart and do weird stuff?
Speaker 2: Okay? What kind of weird stuff do you want to do with Walmart?
Speaker 8: Mm hmm, like go up to people and asking your questions, have them talking to Mike.
Speaker 2: Okay, here I can give you my take on that. I don't know if it's gonna be helpful to you guys.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: Here. I do stuff in public, I film that in public, and my philosophy is I don't mind doing weird stuff in public. I don't even mind other people doing weird suff in public. But there's there's two schools of thoughts when it comes to going out in public and doing weird stuff. There are people who do weird things in a very non invasive way, and other people are invited if they desire to participate. That's what I do when I go out in public as a gecko, when I set up my stand and people can come and talk to me if they want. And then there are the people. And look, I'm not gonna fully shit on this because there are people who do this, like Eric Andre who I fucking love, that do it well. There are a lot of people who don't do it, who do it very annoyingly that I don't like. But but in contrast to setting up a thing and inviting other people to be engaged if it, be engaged in it if they desire, there are people who go out into public and do their thing at people like the fucking guy who takes the to the paper towel roll and puts it up to someone's ear and like whispers into it. Yes, yeah, don't like I I've been going on on my podcast about not telling people what to do, don't do that. If you really want to go out and do stuff in public. If you only go out and do weird stuff in public, do it in a way that invites other people to be involved if they want. But yeah, you know, don't go out and do annoying things at people, because then they'll just get pissed off and you're not really doing anything. Like if you want to walk around in a fucking bunny rabbit costume and do and walk around Walmart and do your bunny rabbit then and walk around the town square or Florida or whatever and do your bunny rabbit dance for money, go do that. Do something that invites people into it if they desire, but don't bring people into your tiktoks.
Speaker 8: All right, all right, I could do that.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, I could see that. But now the thing is like I wouldn't have the courage to get into a bunny coss from going home. I'll just feel too embarrassed, Like I'll like, I'd probably be like wear it, but I wouldn't get out of the car I'm walk in. There's something stopping me. So yeah, like a physical barrier stopping me.
Speaker 2: Interesting, What if your friend did it with you.
Speaker 8: The same way?
Speaker 2: Really, you guys both wouldn't do it together. I would challenge you guys do this. You know, you know. It's when I first started doing this, I was afraid to walk around and it got co costume in my neighborhood because I was embarrassed. And now I go to foreign countries and walk around and I don't really bat and I feel very comfortable. The only way to get comfortable being embarrassed is to just expose your therapy, your way, do it, your way through it. And by the way, I think what you guys are I think the thesis behind what you guys are trying to do, which is be more comfortable with yourselves to not mind being embarrassed. I actually think that that's a positive thing to be doing, and you should. You should do it. You should go out in public and your bunny rabbit costume and learn how to not be embarrassed and feel like you're being perceived by people. You should do it. Just don't do shit at other people, do you do you understand the difference?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, word.
Speaker 8: I guess what you meant. It made me feel good from this conversation. I wasn't expecting that. I mean, you always make everybody feel good from the conversations, but from that topic good.
Speaker 2: Is there any other No, I think about this a lot. Is there any other aspect of this or anything else in particular that you guys want to talk about or say to the people the computer before we go?
Speaker 8: No, you have a great show. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I love you, Thanks man, And yeah, good luck in your guys's bunny adventures.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, you too.
Speaker 2: That's an important distinction, I think, because I have seen the videos that they're talking about. I hate I hate a lot of them. I hate the videos where people are like going into Like there's these videos where these kids will go into Walmart and they'll be like filming, and there's a guy and he works at Walmart and he doesn't even know what TikTok is. He's just doing his job and he's like, Hey, can you guys quit fucking around in the store. And then there he's like, can you guys not record me while I'm doing this? And the kids are like, we're not recording. This is actually just a toy phone. It's not real, and it's like, why this guy? Why? I don't think you should fuck with anyone out, but why are you fucking with this guy? And then everyone in the comments is like, why is this Walmart guy being such a Karen? He's doing his job for God's sakes, Listen. I'm totally game for going out in public and doing weird stuff, but that's to me, the distinction is, you know, go out in a public area and do you I encourage going out in public and doing weird stuff, but just don't do it at people. Do it in a way that invites people to be involved in it if they desire, not you know, running up to people with the fuck and paper towel roll and screaming in the rear. So that's I guess what I wanted to get through to those guys, because they had they it's a good thesis of a thing that they're trying to do, But I just hope they do it in a good way. I've seen good I've seen prank videos done well. The only the only, but also there are people who go out and do their thing at people. But it's not teenagers on TikTok. It's like Eric Andre or fucking Borat or something and I love that shit. But if you're a seventeen and you're on TikTok, you're not as you're just not as smart as those guys, you're not going to be able to do it. Hello. Hello, Hi, who is this?
Speaker 7: My name is Sydney.
Speaker 2: Sydney, what's uh? What's going on with you?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 7: Basically, my boyfriend and I had been together, well we're still already other for about like eight months, but like two months ago, I like caught him just kind of in like a like trail of lies, and it then since then, like I kind of accused him of cheating on me. And then since then though, he's like treated me so differently, and there's been so many things that I've just noticed that he does. And all my friends, you know, are like, it's bad, you should break up with him, But in my mind, I feel like I'm just like overreacting, and I just wanted some advice.
Speaker 2: You said you caught him in a trail of lies? What does that mean?
Speaker 7: So it was just like one night we were hanging out with some people and these two girls came over and we're like twenty he's twenty two, And these girls came over and they said they're eighteen and all these things, and I didn't think much of it. And so then they were like, oh, if you were over last night, and I was never told that, like they were over last night. And then when I like called him out on it, he like just didn't like said it didn't happen, wasn't true, And then he switched out saying like, oh it did, but I just didn't.
Speaker 1: Tell you.
Speaker 2: He had he had girls over that you didn't know about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't know them. He said that he knew them, and like, to me, that still wasn't like that bad because I was like, oh, like I wouldn't stop him from like hanging out with.
Speaker 2: People, and tell me about the thing in your mind that you observed about the situation that is really alarming you.
Speaker 7: It was the fact of like I don't know the fact that they're eighteen and he's twenty two, which is like odd, like how do you know them? And I wasn't like I wasn't like in a way like I didn't come back and like saying he was cheating on me. But the second it was brought up, he got like super defensive and he and that's what set me to like thinking it was something different because I wasn't even that upset about it, and then he just became so defensive over it and likes, he is so defensive.
Speaker 2: You said he's been treating you differently. In what way do you observe he's treating you differently?
Speaker 7: He has always just done so nice, and then after that incident, he would just he is mean to me, like for no reason. But then like if I say something, he fallows oxic. I'm just joking, but like he never really joked like that before, and then.
Speaker 4: Hold on him.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Sidney, listen, aside from uh racking our heads around perceived evidence of something that we're pretty sure happened, but we're thinking about whether or not we're aside from that, like, take strip everything away and just answer me, are you are you feeling like being in this relationship is a positive thing for you in your life.
Speaker 7: The way that I see it, I mean, most of the time it's good and it's good, and then it's just the moments when it's bad, it's like super bad. He just is so mean, and it's hard to just say, like I don't feel like it's positive because it is sometimes, but I just I can never tell if the positive outweighs the negative of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, h tell me more about the positive of it. What is it? What is it doing for you beneficially to your life to be in this in this relationship.
Speaker 7: I mean, he makes me happy when it's good. I feel like him and I are very similar. We just enjoy the same things. Every conversation is always good, and he's always there for me when I need him.
Speaker 2: He said, you guys have been dating for you. But then there's yeah, and like, no, keep going there.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: I was just gonna say the main one of the other evidence like that I found was like there was like a bra that was found in the apartment and people accused it of being mine, but like it wasn't mine, and I like that was suspicious to me. And it's like he has roommates also, so it's not like it could be one of theirs. And then he said that like he was out of condoms, and I knew like how many he had before that, but then he did They're like, oh, like I gave it to friend, but my one friend has hooked up with another one of his friends that he said that he gave it to and like he didn't like ever use condoms with her.
Speaker 2: That could have changed, but it was it was recently, Sinney, It sounds like this whole thing is stressing you out a lot.
Speaker 1: It is stressing me out a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, how often? How often to that the same month relationship? Like, think about the feelings of stress that you're feeling right now, forget about the just forget about the facts, and we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna do the feelings here, this feeling of stress of did this happen? And is this all these like you? Is that something you felt recurringly throughout these past eight months, not in the beginning?
Speaker 7: Is the recent like past two months?
Speaker 2: Okay, does the stress that you're feeling right now feel like it it is worth it to to continue being in this relationship.
Speaker 7: In the beginning, it didn't. But the more that I sit on it, I feel like almost like I gaslight myself and just like being like it's not where I think and I'm not upset about it, but I think I am still upset about it, m and I feel more.
Speaker 2: Just like, no, please keep going. How do you feel?
Speaker 7: I was just gonnay, I feel more like I just try to ignore it and push it aside so much now that I'm like, oh, just okay with it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yeah. The whole thing about gas lighting yourself and in really any situation, it's very hard to tell. Am I overreacting to this or right? As you said, are you gaslighting yourself? I don't. I don't know, and I'm not an expert on anything, but I'm thinking about this, and to me, the the facts of what happened is less important as the bottom line of is being in this relationship making your life better or worse? That's the That's the bottom line here. And you know, again, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I think you should meditate on your field. Okay. What else is going on in your life?
Speaker 7: By the way, Well, I just like moved and I have a new job now, and like have been through a lot of change in the last like two weeks.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, is it positive? Is a change that you're excited about?
Speaker 7: Yeah? And I'm like very proud of myself a lot of the time from it too.
Speaker 2: Okay. Okay, So so there are other things in your life aside from this relationship that are making you feel good about being alive. Yeah, okay, it's great to hear. Because again I'm I gonna tell you what to do, but I think you should. Let me put it like this. You should take everything. Take all the aspects of your life, uh, the news, place that you're in, your friends, your job, this guy, your fucking dog, your hobbies, take put take, lay them all out on the table and do a little housekeeping and say, which of these things are positively adding to my life, Which of these things do I want to continue to invest my time and energy into, And then which are negatively impacting me and maybe are not worth uh investing my time and energy further into and clean clean house a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah that sounds good. Okay, good, It feels more beneficial to think of it that way. Then, like I don't know, obviously my friends are insulated, like you know, just break up with him and all that.
Speaker 2: So well, because here's why, here's why I don't want I'm and I'm thinking about this and fucking people can go back and listen to phone calls that I've made him. I'll price slip up in the future. I'm thinking about like you know, I I think you should arrive at your own destination of what you feel like you should do. And I think if I could give you that, I mean, that framework of thinking about it, you know, do that and see what comes out of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: For sure, man, Sydney, is anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 8: Okay, this is Isabella.
Speaker 1: I'm Sidny's friend. I'm forced her to call. I just want to say I love my friends. Shout out to Killow and please come to Florida on torgan. I mean it's my but Orlando or Campa please.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Well I am going back to Florida. I'm going to Miami. All right, we'll consider we'll consider Tampa.
Speaker 5: I'll think about Tampa.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll think about it. We'll think about it. Thank you guys very much. Man, I'll hopefully see you around the universe. I've been something sometimes I really want to tell people what to do. I've been thinking about it a lot. I've been thinking about this and if I could just ignot like, I don't want to say things that people can then go back and look at how I've responded to calls in the past and go, well, you did this. I know, I know if I'm trying to see how deep I can get into a call with actually even telling anybody what to do, because what the fuck do I know about what people who I've talked to for five minutes should do with their live But I hope that Sydney makes the decision that leads her to a greater well being in the future, I'll say that, Oh wait, shit, fuck, I gotta do this. Dylan, Dylan, I saw I saw you. I saw your call, and it says here that you were at the Seattle show. I I do these live shows for you know context. I do live shows where I bring people on stage and talk with them, and you were at one of them. It says here, and you were on stage as the Cowboy and I remember you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first one on stage for the first show.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad you called in because I remember we talked on stage about you being a cowboy. And then uh, this girl came on after you and she was talking about she was having these like relationship issues and I said to her, I was like, what kind of guy do you want to be with? And then she looks at you. You're sitting back in the crowd and she says, a cowboy.
Speaker 4: That is exactly how it played.
Speaker 2: Out, okay. And then after the show someone, someone came up to me and they were like, Yo, remember the two people that you interviewed. I just saw them in the lobby holding hands with each other. And I was like, well, all right, cool fucking making little gecko babies here. So tell me your perspective of that situation.
Speaker 4: Ah, yes, Well, after you ran off the stage for the first show, I went over and you know, I still had the alcohol on me who was taking care of my concussion, so still had that confidence. But we went and we went across the street to a bar, got a few drinks, talked for a little bit, and then she was very very drunk. So I got her an eber home and I came back to your show. I snuck back into your second show. Sorry, I can bend Moe. I can vendo a year if you want. All right, Yeah, snuck back into the second show. Finished watching that show, and we texted for a couple A little bit after the show. We went and got brunch Sunday that was really good. But uh, yeah, I think she ghosted me, ma'am.
Speaker 2: So you guys went on an old day after the show and you got ourn Ober home. That was nice of you. And then you guys went out to brunch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Sunday after the show, like two sundays ago, we went and got brunch, really nice. We had some oistures.
Speaker 2: What did you What did you guys talk about over brunch? Well, it's such a that's such a funny way to meet somebody for a date, is like in this very public way.
Speaker 4: Well, we talked about, like what our interests were. Was some of her favorite comedians. You were one of them. And then another comedian by the name of Randy. We talked about where we where we grew up, you know, how different our lives are, and it seemed like we were really clicking, you know, just world.
Speaker 2: How was the vibe because both of you guys seemed like you were pretty intoxicated, and so you like met each other drunk and then in the morning you had a brunch and like met each other like sober for the first time. What did that How was that vibe?
Speaker 4: I would say the vibe was good. I mean I didn't think it was awkward. I enjoyed myself. Granted I did have a couple of momosas while we were at brunch. But whatever, but uh, I would say it was pretty good. I talked her ear off, she talked my ear off, ate some delicious oysters. I thought it was a pretty good brunch.
Speaker 2: Now you feel as though she has ghosted you.
Speaker 4: I do, sadly I do.
Speaker 3: M M.
Speaker 4: So I know her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said you tag it? What did you text her?
Speaker 4: I texted her last Wednesday and I was asking her she was going to be busy this past weekend because you know, I was gonna go downtown, get go to Pike's Marketplace, get some holiday shopping done. And I'd never been to the top of the needle before. So I went to the top of the needle and I was gonna ask her to tag along. And Wednesday went by, Thursday went by, Friday came. I said, don't worry, take your time to answer. Saturday came and went, Sunday came and went, and it still is on delivered.
Speaker 2: So you know, Dylan, I'll say a few things. First of all, you know, listen, you had yourself just for for whatever you know, yes, she it did. It didn't end in you know, eternal love, but for whatever it's worth, this date and this time you had uh with this person that you met at the show. Hold on after sneeze. Oh my god, Okay, we'll cut that, or maybe we'll keep it in.
Speaker 4: I don't know, keep it, keep it?
Speaker 2: You think I should keep it in?
Speaker 4: I do, I really do. The people should hear.
Speaker 2: For whatever it's worth. I think you had a very interesting experience, like meeting this person at the show, getting to know them, all that stuff. You know, it seems like you had a good time. And if that those drinks and holding hands in the lobby and the brunch afterwards was all you really got out of that moment, I say, appreciate that for what it was. You know, you had a nice time. It doesn't it didn't turn into eternal love, except that you had a nice time. The moment was good. It didn't. It gave it gave to you what it had to give. You know what I'm saying. And I wouldn't spend so much time fixating on it because you know that girl you have. We have no idea, no idea what is going on in her life. We got no idea she's feeling. We have no idea of her not responding to you has anything to do with you, and even if it does, it doesn't matter. It's like there's so much to assume that any kind of assumption is is unproductive. So if I were you, I would I would I would find a way to move on with my life and and appreciate those moments for what they were.
Speaker 4: That's that's fair. Yeah, I mean definitely top ten stories of my life, just the whole situation.
Speaker 2: But yeah, see, I mean that's the thing is like the story of it, the situation of it in and of itself was a valuable thing.
Speaker 4: Learned a lot.
Speaker 2: What did you learn.
Speaker 4: Gain valuable knowledge?
Speaker 2: What did you learn doing?
Speaker 4: You know, keep expectations open. You never know who might say they're into cowboys.
Speaker 2: You know. Here's what we'll do next time I do a get day where I'm setting you up. All right, it worked once, it'll work again.
Speaker 4: It's did.
Speaker 2: All right. When we come back to Seattle. When I come I'm gonna come coming back to Seattle next year, we'll do something. I'll bring you back. We'll tell the story, we'll put you on and we'll put your date on stage. We'll give you your please wear the whole. If you wear please wear the whole cowboy outfit. We'll do it again. I love this.
Speaker 4: Idea absolutely, put it in the calendar.
Speaker 2: Anything else I want to say to the people of the computer before we go to him.
Speaker 4: Be abby, be well, save a horse, ride a cowboy.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir, thank you. That's cool. I like the idea that somebody I like the idea that two people went alone to my show and then went on a little adventure. I was doing my meet and greet, and this actually happened in a bunch of cities where somebody would be like, like two people would be in It would be like in the line, I'd be like, are you guys here together? And they'd be like, well, I actually we just met. We both came alone. And that that ship made me so happy because I was like, dude, I fucking go to shows by myself all the time. I do ship by myself all the time, and like like to meet people when I go and do shit. And the idea that other people go alone and they meet people at my ship is fire. We'll we'll get We'll, we'll redeem, We'll redeem my boy. We'll we'll, we'll get it. We'll we'll find this cowboy some love, We'll make it happen. Goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night. Never Beacon goes to it.
Speaker 4: And I was.
Speaker 3: Teaching you Cloud and Ben.
Speaker 2: He's not really an expert.