Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I think we want to get to some stockmovers, they're telling us Avalon Parnell here in our interactive broker studio Avalon, let's start with you brought some goodies with you. Snowflake having quite the day on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's ticker snow Currently it's surging about thirty nine percent, is on pace for its biggest one day jump since its debut in twoenty and twenty. That's have the software maker gave us stronger than expected full year guidance and also reported first quarter results that walloped expectations. Also worth noting that the company signed a six billion dollar multi year agreement to use Amazon's cloud services and chips and ever course, writing that unlike some of the other names that have really been sluggish for software, Snowflake looks like one of the very few clear AI winners in the space.
Speaker 4: It's so crazy because the story had been AI disruption to software providers, and now AI has begun the tailwind for this software provider. I can't believe it's only the biggest one day jump since twenty twenty, so there's been another day on which Snowflake stock has risen more than forty percent.
Speaker 1: To be fair, it is actually their debut happen in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: I see Okay's biggest one day jump. Ever, we also have incredible strength in Dollar Tree, and clearly inflation is a problem that we've been dealing with for some time now. Concerns about the bottom portion of the K shaped economy have been growing. But why did it take so long for the market market to recognize that they may be shopping at discount stores like Dollar Tree.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely correct that Sticker dlt are currently gaining about sixteen percent for it also biggest inter day leap since twenty twenty two. That's after the chain reported better than expected first quarter results and also boosted its full year EPs guidance. Now, what is kind of important of note, kind of to your point about those lower income shoppers. They actually have been stepping into the stores less. However, the times that they are going, they are spending more. So to a certain extent, they are still seeing Dollar Tree as a must go.
Speaker 3: So they're spending more per transaction WRECT, which is really which is the meat right of this of this report.
Speaker 4: The goods they're also increasingly cost more than a dollars.
Speaker 3: Yes, so their name does not hold true anymore. It could be dollars Tree, dollars Tree. I think you're right, But also they weren't. Just to be fair, I know you didn't bring these stocks along with you today, but Coal's and Best Buy very different retailers from Dollar Tree, but still out with really strong numbers today. And again it just we just keep coming back to that word resilient. But despite high gas prices, despite inflation that is, you know, trending higher, consumers appear to be spending, but they are still looking for value, and I think that's what each CEO continued to drive home.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right. We actually had a great article about that on the terminal as well, that in this economy really right now, shoppers are looking for the best of their dollar and they're still seeing Dollar Tree as a place, so.
Speaker 3: They'll spend as long as they see value in the spending.
Speaker 1: Yes, got it.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's funny that you bring up resilient because a buddy of mine who runs a company called resilient health. Dennish Nagda has been telling me four days now that Lily has got something in its pipeline that's going to be a game changer as far as heart conditions. They've got a one stop treatment that can help you avoid bad cholesterol. And they also made a bunch of acquisitions this week. Like, there's so much going on with this stock's what's the story with Eli?
Speaker 1: Lilly Absolutely, that's ticker ll Y. You're absolutely right. It's currently up about four point five percent earlier today actually hitting an inter day record high.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: And that's after CBS said that it will be reintroducing the company's weight loss drug, zet Bound to its patients as a covered medication. That's a really big deal since insurance coverage remains the biggest hurdle for getting more people on those weight loss shots. And Scotiabank actually writing that the decision is a really great positive heale went for Lily, especially into the second half of the year. That could potentially mean some upside to their guidance for the full year.
Speaker 3: And this week they bought three infectious disease companies, all privately held, right, and that the stock at a big Bolli acquisition or billion dollars worth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely. I mean big pharma is always trying to look for the next thing, what is going to be the next big weight loss, especially as starting things are going to be coming and losing their patent protection. ELI Lilly, like many.
Speaker 3: They're expanding beyond the very lucrative obesity drug arena.
Speaker 1: Have to go to the next one as well.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.