Speaker 1: Girl gets a snap, should just bring four throw out to the right hand. It is picked off by the Steelers, bobbled and intercept it handed his Pheenies Bishop with his fourth interception this season. Knocked up for the air, Bishop catch the interception.
Speaker 2: Take me back to your pre draft visit here at the UPM Series Sports Complex.
Speaker 3: It was amazing, Uh, just going around and actually getting to see the tradition, walking through, seeing the trophies, you know, talking to coach Tomlin, talking to the coaches and the trainers, and you know, just kind of being able to see what the NFL facility looks like.
Speaker 4: It was amazing.
Speaker 2: And what did it mean when you got the phone call and you you were going to be able to come here?
Speaker 4: It was great. You know, I knew the position that I was going to be in.
Speaker 3: I knew that I would have a great chance to make the team and things like that. And you know, to be a part of a great organization planning for a defense, you know that well organization that is known for great defense and defensive players. Have a lot of players in you know, the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: And things like that.
Speaker 2: Are you still little nad You didn't get dropped though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, because I you know, I think about it as the long term stuff.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's always it's always great being an underdog because you know, a lot of people don't have high expectations for me.
Speaker 4: I'm an undrafted guy.
Speaker 2: What do you think you proved to the coaches and your teammates this season.
Speaker 3: I'm a competitor and I'm a ball hall, you know what I mean. I go out there and make a lot of plays when the ball is in the air and things like that, and tackle whenever my opportunity is called.
Speaker 1: There's your interception, it is picked off, and it is picked off by Beatie Bishop.
Speaker 2: I know during the season you talked about, and so did coach Tomlin, those extra film study meetings with him. Take me inside what one of those was like and how influential it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was like every Friday thing, you know what I mean, after we get done with the team meetings, you know, I would, I would go in there and it'll kind of be, you know, very brief.
Speaker 4: Some days.
Speaker 3: Sometimes he'll have a paper, you know, written out with like it to say Beanie's meeting on top and to have like all the little notes and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: It means a lot.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Obviously he's a Hall of Fame coach.
Speaker 3: He knows, he knows, you know, how to get guys in the right position, give him the right information, you know, for guys to be able to make plays. And and I think he really got to got to see that coming full circle, you know, with with the meetings that we had and and me being able to produce on the field.
Speaker 2: Hey, Beanie Bean, you and Nickel and Nickel Calvin Austin the third. I know you guys formed a relationship starting in training camp. How did that develop throughout the season and how would you describe it to somebody who might not know either of you.
Speaker 4: You know, short Kings, short of guys on the team.
Speaker 3: You know, I call him, I call him roach, you know, because he's so small, and you know, Coach Danny always say get the bug on the rug, so, you know, really underestimated first size and things like that. Me too, So you know, we kind of bonded over that. And obviously when we go against and compete against each other, you know, we want to get each other better, so we want to be able to have the edge on the opponent.
Speaker 2: Your four interceptions tied for the second most by a rookie the season. Which one is your favorite? Is it the first because it happened or does another one mean more to you?
Speaker 3: I like, I really like the Giants one, okay, just because I told Alex Asmans that I was gonna end the game.
Speaker 1: It is thrown and it is picked off by beat Bishop should finish this game for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 3: And just being able to finish a game on a Monday night, you know where the whole the whole world's watching. Especially to be able to do it in two consecutive games, you know, it's major.
Speaker 4: So I would say that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's special about this rookie class. There's a lot of offensive linemen. But what do you think, you know everyone can expect in terms of year two with you guys.
Speaker 4: Man, we made a lot of plays. You know, the focus was there.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't been able to tell that a lot of us were rookies with the maturity level that guys have. You know, Zach Frazier coming in starting, Mason McCormick coming in playing me and Peyton on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously the rookie class.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of injuries and things like that, but whenever those guys come back, I feel that they're going to have a great impact on the team, like the rest of us.