Speaker 1: Let's move on more details, folks. Let's talk about the news around the league. More details have come out about James Harden's situation in Philly. Of course they would eventually, James Harden's gonna speak out. He doesn't want to have his name drug through the streets. It's exactly what everyone.
Speaker 2: Said that it was.
Speaker 1: Harden said, Daryl Moray promised him a max deal and then he ghosted him after the season ended.
Speaker 2: Oh home right, why why does this matter?
Speaker 1: Well? Sam and macasked Harden directly, were you actually told by the Sixers that you had a max deal coming?
Speaker 2: And Harden said, yes, I was, and then.
Speaker 1: Noted that the promise of a max contract came straight from Darryl.
Speaker 2: Moray's lips himself.
Speaker 1: And he also highlighted the fact that many many times every year when he was with Daryl Moray, Dearl Moury will call him about making changes to the team, getting better as a team.
Speaker 2: And then this year when he.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to have a max deal coming, no conversation, no calls, no texts, no nothing.
Speaker 2: James is like, Yo, I'm I'm not a dumb guy. I know you're not about to pay me. Excuse me. This is what he said.
Speaker 1: Uh. He looked at their relationship like a marriage where they talked about everything. And then he noted, instead of worry having a conversation with me about free agency or saying, all right, James, we don't want to offer you this, we have this. Then we go back and forth. That's a dialogue. But you just ice me out. Then it's like you don't respect me as much as I thought you did. You don't need people like that, you know what I mean. It's just bad karma. People were throwing dirt on my name. But the good guys always win.
Speaker 2: We don't always throw around good guy in Harden in the same sentence. But I think Harden is right.
Speaker 1: He took less money for the man who fucked his COVID tester, Daniel House Junior. That doesn't get talked about enough in the bubble. He got less money, took less money to put PJ. Tucker on the roster, took less money to put the Anthony Melton on the roster.
Speaker 2: And they said, we're gonna help you out, James.
Speaker 1: Once your contract gets settled, We're gonna find the money for you. Max deal is coming your way. Before the playoffs, according to James, Max deal come in your way. Last playoffs then playoffs, and James is a roller coaster and it's like chirp, chup, chirp, dup.
Speaker 2: Crickets, people, crickets.
Speaker 1: Now that James is playing in well out in clipper Land, there are six and two in their last eight. All of these details are gonna look very bad for Darryl Mooy because if he screws over Harden, who is like his son has paintings of him all over his house, nobody is fucking safe. That means you, Tobias Harris. Let's move forward a few quick kiters. Edmund Sumner, the xaviergrad former Brooklyn Net had a broken leg derailed his career. He has now landed in Europe and he had something very interesting to say the other day. He said he loved playing with Kevin Durant, who told him hopefully he gets to Europe. He says he when he's done with the NBA, he wants to come over.
Speaker 2: Here and play. So let's see if that actually happens. But I believe it though, because he loves ball. That's all he cares about.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I feel like that piece of news didn't really get highlighted Kevin Durant in the EuroLeague? Are we get what serious? That would be incredible. The ratings would go blonkers. Knowing Kevin Durant, I think there's a possibility he would do that. He loves basketball that much. Moving forward, what is fucking happening with Ben Simmons?
Speaker 2: We need to know, We need to know.
Speaker 1: Alert Alert, There is trouble with Ben Simmons again. Michael Scoto reported this week he will miss another two weeks minimum. Ben Simmons has now missed twelve games in a row. He has only appeared in six games all year. It is very depressing. Not just depressing for fans, not just depressing for the Brooklyn Nets, but it's very depressing for Ben Simmons.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he cannot shake this back issue. It seems like the Nets.
Speaker 1: Don't have a clue about what it's going to take to get it sorted out, how long he will be out, how serious it is.
Speaker 2: Remember last year he missed the last twenty three games of the year.
Speaker 1: He was listed day to day, and I think then all of a sudden he just never just never came back.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, you look up and it's.
Speaker 1: August and he's one hundred percent healthy again, and then six games later, we don't know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Again. This is kind of a fun Nets team.
Speaker 1: We know they're dysfunctional, We've talked about it before, But what could they be if everyone was fully healthy?
Speaker 2: What could they be if they.
Speaker 1: Were all playing at the peak of their powers. My spidery sense says, something is a miss year with.
Speaker 2: Ben, but I'm going to be patient. I will wait that two weeks and then we will update y'all on what is really going on moving forward.
Speaker 1: What is the latest on the Zach Lavine front. Well, two things actually, Bowls have made it clear their top priority is trading Zach Clavine and the boat anchor that his contract is in fact.
Speaker 2: CJ.
Speaker 1: Casey Johnson of the NBC Sports Chicago reported that our tourist Karnisovus the Bulls GM is telling other teams he's not even gonna think about moving guys like Alex Crusoe or Kobe White or Demaro Roseen until the Zach Levine deal is done, so that he can survey the landscape in a post Zach world. Is their number one priority, which is why this is concerning. A day later, Adrian Warzanowski, this is the bomb. This is the sound of the woj bomb. Dropped this bomb, and it made me feel bad for the bulls, made me feel bad for Aka. There is not a market for zach Lavine right now in the NBA, and that is not because Chicago hasn't tried.
Speaker 2: Yikes. So if zach Levine's the first.
Speaker 1: Domino, no other dominoes could go until he's gone post zach Lavine world and there's no market to trade him.
Speaker 2: What are they gonna have to do?
Speaker 1: Are they gonna have to give up assets to get someone to take zach Levite? Are they gonna have to give away Alex Caruso for fucking free?
Speaker 2: Double ouch. More on this very very soon.
Speaker 1: Quick update to a story that we had from last week about the Pistons being just trash in every way. Fucking can't trust them, can't trust their front office, can't trust their roster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not shocking.
Speaker 1: Everyone is talking about it now and now we're getting some finger pointing happening in MotorCity. Lots of messages from the front office about We're not gonna panic just yet.
Speaker 2: Ye know, you know how you know, someone's like kind of panicking.
Speaker 1: They tell you that they need more time for things to gel. I'm sorry, this is not this is not fucking pudding, okay, Like, this is a roster that is three in seventeen, two in seventeen seventeen losses in a row in counting. That is an all time losing streak type behavior the all time records T eight. That is firmly in Detroit's sights right now, even Monny Williams is starting to get side.
Speaker 2: On latest report from.
Speaker 1: Front of show, Je Fisher says this, the Pistons front office is unhappy with Mony Williams's usage off Jade and Ivy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it feels so good.
Speaker 1: I haven't felt this feeling in a while where I just know, like a month or so before everyone else knows.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this chicken's going bad. This milk kind of smells stinky.
Speaker 1: People like, no, this milk is fine, This milk is like tasty, and I'm like, no, this milk has soured. Folks like you should be playing Jade. In the fact that Monnie Williams is not playing Je and Ivy is really bad. It's like meaningfully bad, and people are like, oh, yeah, Je and Ivy socks trusted, Oh, Je and Ivy.
Speaker 2: He's a chunker all John Navid hasn't play any demons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that, but you took him fits. You gotta develop them, you gotta figure out what you got.
Speaker 2: You're using Mark A. Sasser more than him.
Speaker 1: And now it looks like the rest of the team doesn't like the Monty Williams hates Je Nivy either.
Speaker 2: Everybody's like, yo, why you playing Killy and Hayes all these fucking minutes?
Speaker 1: What's up with Bogdan? Why are we not trading him? Finally we'll move forward. Just some numbers worth reporting. Eighteen thousand, two hundred and eight. That is the average attendance of the NBA game in November, which is an all time record. By the way, I s t yes, I bet you. Ticket sales and prices for the ist we're much higher than other regular season games.
Speaker 2: Is creating buzz.
Speaker 1: The courts are lit, the jerseys are lit, the competitive landscape is even better. Adam Silver has got to be just creaming in his shorts right now. He has got to just.
Speaker 2: Be loving this pause. No, I mean it just like that. Actually, no, I don't. You don't need to pause.
Speaker 1: For the actual thing that you are trying to say that it is. The holiday season is here and the way that they are, things are looking up with the monies. The media rights is going to be renegotiated soon. Go get that bag, Adam and give me some. That's all the time that we have for this episode of the Heat check I did this for y'all with the migraine while I have no internet. Today is day one of internet. Come back tomorrow for an all new episode. Check out the feed for past episodes and many episodes which drop unexpectedly, like the bajillion fall leaves falling in my new backyard. I got someone coming, though, got someone coming. They're gonna get rid of it for not a lot.
Speaker 2: Not cheap, but not a lot either. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Follow the Heat Checkers. We cover the league and the day to day in and day to day out. Do not forget to download subscribe. Please tell your friends I went to best Buy the other day. By the way, this is not a Best by ad. I went to best Buy the other day to get a new TV. And you know what, my friend did something that you should do. Go to every phone in that Best Buy and download the fucking Heat Checker. Come on, now, do me a little bit of a favor and follow up us on social adds. He checking out trist to greet on TikTok, Instagram and Twitter.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: M