Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama. Girl drama, Girl, all about them.
Speaker 3: High school queens.
Speaker 4: We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl sharing for the right teams, Drama queens, my girl girl.
Speaker 5: Fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama, Queens, Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drama, Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 3: Welcome back. It's Q and a time and your drama.
Speaker 5: Queen We're here. Love it. We've got good questions this week, ladies.
Speaker 3: This is a fun one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, get into a joy.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite actor from Old Holly, Old Hollywood and why? And you have to do it in your continental accent.
Speaker 6: We all have watched a lot of old cinema, I mean, especially during the One Tree Hill years. I feel like getting a box set of old movies from what was it?
Speaker 2: Best Buy?
Speaker 6: We would like we'd run into each other at the best Buy buying DVD box sets.
Speaker 3: Remember that that that pink It was like a satin pink Doris Day Rohudson.
Speaker 5: Sets, Girl Pillow Talk, Yes please.
Speaker 6: I I had a Vivian Lee box set that was all movies I'd never heard of before, Like Waterloo Bridge was new to me. And you know, obviously I knew her from Gone with the Wind, but I was like, there's something more to this woman than just this one movie. Kat on a hot tin roof. You know, she's not kut on a hot tin roof. That's Liz Taylor di Hillary no street car named desire Streek.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: She was one of Tennessee William's girls. It was like Liz Taylor and Vivian Lee were my two favorite because the Tennessee Williams box set is Bananas. If you want to watch a collection of old movies that stand up, that's the one.
Speaker 3: Hang on did Vivian Lee? Who isn't Gone with the Wind?
Speaker 2: This Vivine Lee?
Speaker 5: And she was also Blanche Yes in a blonde way.
Speaker 3: WHOA, I missed it. I totally missed that. My whole life missed it.
Speaker 5: She's so good because you don't want to and two together.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: I mean she had this like crazy tumultuous marriage to Laurence Olivier and then they broke up, but there was always still a like she always still had his picture next to her bed, and he was still kind of in love with her, but she became an alcoholic and she died very young, and it was all very tragic, very talented woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna Rita Hayworth girl. I just love her. Yeah, Gilda, Yes, yeah, I always loved Rita Hayworth.
Speaker 5: I just watched Gilda on a plane. Joy, that's so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, really so good.
Speaker 3: And Jim Jimmy Stewart man, just like, can you beat Jimmy Stewart?
Speaker 5: God, who is our modern day Jimmy Stewart?
Speaker 3: I think Tyler could be if he had been given a real shot at acting, Like if somebody had really just making him a move making somebody had made him a movie star, making him a movie start making him.
Speaker 7: Tom Hanks has that incredible can do anything like warm person, you just feel safe with energy For me, call he reminds me of a Jimmy Stewart. I was always just so in love with Catherine Hem.
Speaker 2: You love a woman in her suits. I love a woman in a pantsuit.
Speaker 7: I just thought she was so cool and ballsy, and I don't know she she did all these things that so many women in old black and white movies. I didn't I didn't.
Speaker 2: Get to see do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And so I found her really inspiring. And I think what got me into old movies was all the you know, when we were babies doing all our first auditions, all these people would be like, you.
Speaker 2: Sound like Lauren beca kid, and I was like, who is that? Yeah, I don't know who that is. So I started watching old movies to hear this.
Speaker 7: You know, cool lady with a raspy voice. Yes, And I was like, oh, I could I like her? That feels nice.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: And Lucy had that raspy voice too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's true.
Speaker 7: God, so old movies, Yeah, funny old dames.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, all right, so we have to have a movie.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: But that's also why we loved doing that.
Speaker 6: That episode, Chad wrote that was so like totally random or was it nineteen thirties nineteen forties episode? It allowed us to like play pretend and be these women.
Speaker 3: For a hot minute, and James could be his best Gregory Pack, who his dad looks exactly like. By the way, I remember James's dad. He looks just like Gregory Pack, and so does James.
Speaker 2: He truly does.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: It's wild.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: Ernesto asks the time jump between seasons four and five left a lot of college years unaccounted for if that time period could be shown in full, Who is a new character from your own story that you would like to be introduced? Does that mean who is someone that we went to college with who we would have wanted to see in the college years on the show?
Speaker 6: So I think he just means like we all were in three different places, Like Haley absolutely went to college, right, we weren't there.
Speaker 5: Brooke absolutely went to New York. We weren't there. Yeah, Peyton's in La.
Speaker 6: So for our characters, who is the person that we should have dragged back to Tree Hill?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Well I can answer that because I pitched it. When when we were going to bring in somebody to work on close over Bros. With Brook, I pitched our local hometown friend alex Oh Alex and I loved fashion. Yeah, the sheekhiest, most beautiful, nearly seven foot tall, like stunningly gorgeous black gay man who had the best fashion sense in the world. And I, you know, from growing up in the world of seeing fashion people not being like in their world because you know, my dad was a photographer.
Speaker 5: Like yeah he did.
Speaker 2: We were over helping like the ones.
Speaker 7: But I loved that fashion was such a place for Fashion was such a place of expression for.
Speaker 2: So many people, for women and for queer.
Speaker 7: People, and it was such a safe haven, you know, for artists and folks who weren't necessarily elevated to positions of power in other industries. And I really wanted to have Brook have a partner that reminded me of so many of the amazing men I knew in fashion. But shocker, the bosses on our show wanted Brook's partner to bang Brook's mom, so they hired a hot, straight, white Australian guy instead. And I was like, I feel that we're really missing the mark here. Yeah, but I you know, I wasn't in charge.
Speaker 5: I pitched it and did your best.
Speaker 3: We had a hot, white, straight Australian guy on the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, MITCHU had an affair with Daphne.
Speaker 2: I mean not in real life. Oh my god, Alex, oh right, he had sort of like long hair.
Speaker 5: This is after I left.
Speaker 2: Wasn't his name, Alex? I don't know. Yeah, Hillary, you weren't there, but.
Speaker 5: I'm learning things in this curly blonde hair.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Brooklyn caught her mom having sex. It was awful because that was all.
Speaker 2: That I'm not remembering this. Yeah, but I really, I really, I really.
Speaker 7: Wanted her to have like a cool, you know, queer male fashion. That would have made sense. Totally, No, it would have been so awesome. Who would you have brought back from la or listen.
Speaker 6: I just I just found a picture of Alex at the very last rap party I went to, like picking me up and swinging me around on the dance floor like the best person to dance with.
Speaker 5: He was so wonderful.
Speaker 7: Do you remember the Halloween where he went as the as that god from three hundred and he was painted.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: He walked into the Halloween party and I was just like, oh, things are happening to every person in the room.
Speaker 2: The bar doesn't better standard.
Speaker 7: Than attracted to everyone in this room is like falling to.
Speaker 5: Their universally attractive person.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Here's what's weird is that Peyton didn't bring around like any indie rock bands like No Dive, far Ex. She absolutely was not friends with musicians. She would like hang out in passing with certain people like me, but really like she was much younger than us when I was working at MTV, and then when I had a radio show the summer after our first season, Like, all I did was let people sleep.
Speaker 5: On my couch and by their beer.
Speaker 6: I mean that band, the local band, he is legend. When we were in Wilmington, like lived in my house. I bought all their beers for years. So I feel like there must have been indie bands that Peyton could have advocated for that we just never got to see. Which secks that would have been fun?
Speaker 3: Waw waw?
Speaker 2: Who was Hailey friends with? In college?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: You still mine? I was gonna say, where's Haley's gay best friend? Like why didn't we get that? That would have been so fun from college. But the other thing I was thinking of is why does Hailey. I guess she she was pregnant. She was, I mean, she just had a baby, so and she doesn't have her Oh, her mom's around kind of. I mean her parents were like, didn't they get a trailer and they took off and her siblings aren't really around. So did she hibernate? Was she like just going to school and taking care of this baby and not did she have I guess she.
Speaker 2: Maybe two full time jobs.
Speaker 3: I know, so I don't know that she would have been super social, but I feel like I feel like Hailey was always pretty good at kind of spotting the odd man out and making friends, and so yeah, it would have been nice to see maybe the uh, maybe like just the the recluse kind of friend that that maybe wouldn't be somebody that the first person you think of as like a vivacious personality on a TV show, but who would maybe just helped her raise the baby. It was like, show the kind of the kind of person that is like I don't know, true blue, kind of nerdy, focused on her studies and just showed up and helped her with midnight feeding sometimes, and oh, go, you have an idea.
Speaker 7: You know what would have been so cool that I'm realizing as you say this, because Hailey was such a young mom in college. How funny if she met another college kid who was looking for a part time job and was like, do you.
Speaker 2: Want to be my nanny?
Speaker 6: Great?
Speaker 7: And you have these two girls, but like, you know, one kid who's studying whatever she's studying and another kid who's the mom, and they're they're friends, but they're like, what an interesting dynamic that would be for you to essentially have your babysitter be like your exact peer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are doing like by chemistry together.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was some creative like artist girl who was yeah, like super punky and just wanted to come help and hang out and was like, took this part time job because Haley needed a little a little like shakey loose in her life. I think that would have been fun.
Speaker 2: I would have liked it.
Speaker 5: You needed to have a peer, a roommate. You'd been too adult, way too Yeah, those were the years. Well, what's our next question?
Speaker 6: Jesse says, is there any correlation between the song titles being the episode titles or do they just pick them because it sounded like a good idea.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's funny, babe. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we didn't talk to those people. I certainly did.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 6: Maybe were they were they titles from songs in the episode?
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 3: Actually don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I think they were just titles of songs. Maybe the songs were used. I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're like inspiration playlists. We didn't write the show.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think they probably sat around in the writer's room and everybody scrolled through their list on their computer of their or their iPod mix and figured out like, oh, this song kind of goes with it. I assume he made an attempt to match the theme.
Speaker 5: Well, because here's the thing.
Speaker 6: Remember, like the music climate at that time in the early two thousands, where everything was about like don't sell out man, and oh you don't know that band? What kind of pose there are you? You know, everything was so judgy in the music scene, and so there was kind of this cool factor to.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, you don't even know about that song.
Speaker 6: And so I think there was kind of a juvenile aspect of like, I'm putting together the ultimate mixtape that I know about, and if you were cool, you'd know it too, which.
Speaker 5: Is why half the time I'm like, I don't know what this song is. I don't care.
Speaker 3: I'm not cool.
Speaker 5: Never happened funny, Yeah, that.
Speaker 6: Was the music scene then was totally different than I think it is now. Now it's like, let's be fun. Back then it was really toxic.
Speaker 7: But back then there were also gatekeepers. Yeah, there was no Spotify Discover Weekly where the coolest song of the week was.
Speaker 2: Available to everyone.
Speaker 7: Like you had to know music to know what albums were coming out. You know every week and yeah, yeah, there really was kind of like.
Speaker 3: And was our gatekeeper on my Space?
Speaker 5: You didn't have my Space?
Speaker 2: No, you guys. I thought it was creepy girl.
Speaker 5: How are you supposed to stalk your boyfriends from high school if you don't have my Space?
Speaker 2: I don't care about them.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 7: Bree has a great question, Jodan, Okay, tell the listeners.
Speaker 2: At home what it is.
Speaker 3: How did you each decorate your dressing room to make it feel more like you or like Brook or like Peyton or Hayley.
Speaker 2: That's a fun question. We haven't been asked that before.
Speaker 5: I to think if I did anything.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, Sophia and I both did a lot of decorating in our trailer. Like I remember coming with a car full.
Speaker 5: When we went to go visit Sofia and Toronto.
Speaker 6: We walked into her trailer and it was like going to Grandma's house because there's like, yeah, there's like blankets and pillows and crafts and plants and plants.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I really do have such like seasonal effective depression that when I have to shoot somewhere in the winter, I order a lot of plants for my trailer. I'm like, I need to have some green things. Trailers are also always like that weird fake bad marble looking like faded tie die wallpaper that's brown. Yes, like it's just shades of brown. It looks like a toddler threw up everywhere, and so I have to cover everything. I'm like, I gotta bring comfortable blankets in, and I'll bring pillows in, and I'll bring plants in, and you know, I always get some sort of like desk organizer thing, and I really I try to make it feel more like a room I would like to be in than a barf school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we're in it so often, there's so much hurry up and wait, and especially on those basketball days and on a show when you've got this many cast members, sometimes you get called in four or five hours before they need you and you're just sitting around in your trailer. You want it to feel like another living room. So yeah, you just I mean I like to switch it up. Oh yeah, Candles, I like to change the furniture in my house a lot all the time, So I definitely every season would redecorate with a different like kind of style or theme.
Speaker 7: I keep a trailer kit now too, that has like an electric kettle that you know. Yeah, I'll obviously wash when I get somewhere. I have all the things I know I need in like these two big plastic storage binds, and I'll just ship them wherever I'm because I.
Speaker 2: Also don't want to.
Speaker 7: I hate like getting stuff for a project and then you know, having to get rid of it. It feels wasteful.
Speaker 3: I feel like you need to write a life hacks book, you know what I mean, Like you always have these all these crazy tips.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, like I've got the best travel humidifier now, figured it out. Yeah, yeah, I should be the person who leaves Amazon reviews, but I don't have time for that. Yeah, maybe I'll write a book instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like I don't know, Refinery twenty nine or like Berdie get her on statslamor list, somebody get her on the list. Okay, Hillary trailer go.
Speaker 6: I'm sitting here trying to rack my brain while you guys talk about it, because I remember your trailers were really appealing. I think mine has always been just really spartan, Like I would bring in maybe a pillow, good word, because I would sleep during lunch so I wouldn't have to talk to anybody.
Speaker 5: Like I don't think I brought anything in, and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just trying to rack my brain unless you guys remember something. But I don't think I've ever decorated a trailer because I also had been on headset, you know, like my boyfriend would come into my trailer during lunch and I could hear everything, and I knew that like everyone went through everyone else's trailers and like would poop in each other's bathrooms and stuff.
Speaker 5: And I was just never going to bring anything in because I was like, I don't trust. This situation is bad. It's bad. I don't want anybody rifling through my desk drawers. I'm good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just bring my little pillow and maybe like my iPod.
Speaker 1: But I don't.
Speaker 5: I travel light. I'm a light traveler.
Speaker 3: I do that. The older I've gotten, the more I do that, the less I want to like lug around and yeah, dress things like I'll just.
Speaker 5: Find something here. I'll just go into Sophia's half at the trailer.
Speaker 7: I'm like, what do you need I have.
Speaker 2: Fo Yeah, I need some oxygen. We're Sophia. I'm like strictly and over prepared.
Speaker 7: I just spent the weekend in Colorado. Grant and I did with some of our best friends, and we were going to this event that was outdoors at night, and when I checked the weather two weeks ago, it was going to be twenty two degrees wound up being in the forties, so we were fine. But I packed my Arctic snowsuits for me and Kelly because I was like, I'm not, I will not, we shan't be wish I will for five hours in twenty two degree weather like we're just not, We're not doing it.
Speaker 2: And then it wound up being.
Speaker 7: Warm and it was great, and she was like, you are the ultimate prepper, like like those disaster people in the Last of Us episode three, like that is you.
Speaker 2: And I was like, honestly, such a compliment. I'm ready, and you're ready.
Speaker 6: You don't need a mom purse. You have a friend suitcase. That's the equivalent.
Speaker 3: I love it. Friends. We want to see all of your all your Pinterest board imaginary trailer decorations. Go in there and dress up a trailer and send it to us. That'd be fun to see.
Speaker 5: I want the goth one.
Speaker 6: I need someone to design me just like Elvira's trailer, and that's what I'll do. Next time, I actually like do an acting job. Just I like that, just crystals and darkness.
Speaker 3: I'll send you a life sized cardboard cut out of cal virus.
Speaker 5: If I had one, my holy I was in my bedroom growing up.
Speaker 3: I had amy grant sense.
Speaker 7: It's also I had embarrassing national geographic posters of endangered.
Speaker 2: Girls on my wall.
Speaker 6: All those tracks read all of it tracks. All right, you guys, thank you so much for these questions. Send send more friends.
Speaker 3: We got you, Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to leave us a review.
Speaker 7: You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's o.
Speaker 6: T H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 5: See you next time.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama. Girl Drama Girl all about them high school queens.
Speaker 4: We'll take you for a ride at our comic Girl Sharing for the right tea Drama Queens up girl Fashion, but your tough girl.
Speaker 1: You could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama, Queise Drama, Queens Drama Drahma Queen's Drama Queens