Speaker 1: The NBA is back. Here's a way to get even more into the action following your favorite players, playing Pick six from DraftKings, an official partner of the NBA. It is super simple to get started. First, download the Draft Kings Pick six app. Then select two or more players and choose if they'll have more or less of a stat like point three pounds, three pointers, and a whole bunch more and for all first time Pick six players check this out. New customers play five dollars and get fifty dollars and Pick six credits. Download the DraftKings Pick six app now use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports for new customers to play five dollars and get fifty dollars and Pick six credits. Only on DraftKings Pick six. The Crown is Yours. Gambling Problem Call one eight hundred. Gambler help is available for problem gambling call eight aight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot orgon Connecticut. Must be eighteen plus. Age and eligibility restrictions vary by jurisdiction. Pick six not available everywhere, including New York and Ontario. Void. We are prohibited one per new customer bonus awarded is non withdrawable Pick six credits that expire in thirty days limited time offer. See terms at pick six dot DraftKings dot com slash promos.
Speaker 2: It's a podcast call twenty five whist stocking football and they are will whistle yet it's too bad, But what did you expect?
Speaker 3: It's a podcast call twenty five Whistles.
Speaker 1: Twenty wine Window, Eddie Bowl, thew whistle. All right, I want to go to my thoughts. By the way, I wouldn't have an episode yesterday, it's today. I've been pretty sick, but that's all. I feel good now. I don't even feel good now, but I feel better. Yeah. So I'd like to first start with I was an idiot. I've got two things that I've been an idiot about and I'd like to go ahead and express that. I also acknowledge I've been an idiot. I've been wrong about this, and I'm gonna follow it with I've been a genius.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, okay, I've.
Speaker 1: Been an idiot. The Pittsburgh Steelers they're eight and two. They didn't score touchdown, yeah, all field goals, but they just keep winning and they want a big game I mean, Russe Wilson do a terrible interception of the game. They still managed to Justin Fields made it the dummiest play. Not that I wouldn't have made the same play at the end when they put Justin Fields in to just run the clock out, so they ran like a quarterback power or draw a sweep to the left. He runs around, slides, gets the first down. The should run the clock out. He even gets up and does the first down. The problem is when you slide, it's where you start sliding, so it wasn't a first down. They ended up winning that game, even though they did not score a single touchdown, even though Russell Wilson played okay. At times it was pretty good, but at times bad. That pick was really bad, really bad. And then that Justin Fields. I just have to it. Eight and two. A wise man once said, you are what your record is. And they're eight and two and they're leading the division and they'll I win the division.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because it's all year long. I've been like, well, they're not going to win the division, so for sure Cincinnati or Balton whomever. Yeah, yeah, and then they go on to beat Baltimore, so defense, Yeah, it's it's really good and Russ is actually a decent quarterback. And I guess it just goes to show again, which we've learned through the years, as long as one part of your team is extremely dynamic, if the other part is pretty good, you're fine. Because if there's an offense that's freaking fantastic and the defense is pretty good, that team wins games. And that's what's happening with the Steelers. They're eight and freaking two. It's crazy. I was an idiot for not giving them the credit that they deserve. I said, there's no chance.
Speaker 2: No way. You weren't alone though, dude, I know, but.
Speaker 1: I was very I was very steadfast in my belief very I'm supposed to be outspoken here, even if I don't. Sometimes I'm like, oh, the kind of believe it. I'm still like, I believe that, but I believe this. There was no way they didn't have a quarterback. They had two quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: And to your point, I've always been with tomlin Ah, Yeah, the whole over five hundred, his whole career, basically whatever whatever overrated, and this year I'm like, all right, I give up. He's proved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is it and t J. Watt is freaking amazing. We always knew he was good because we would see how good with the games they would win when he played versus not. However, like he's the guy there, and so since he's the guy, the biggest name, they focus on him a lot more and it's healthy. It's crazy to watch. Okay, so the steel I'm an idiot. The Steelers are good, but again, they didn't even score a single touchdown. They didn't have to. Also, it's gonna be tough for me to say. It's a tough question for me to ask. Is Justin Tucker washed?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is he hurt? This is not a Justin He's a below average kicker this year, and he I think is the greatest kicker of all time. I don't think he's the goodest clutch kicker all time because he hasn't had the opportunities that you boy vinitary had, right like he made the biggest kicks. But I think Justin Tucker is the best kicker of all time.
Speaker 2: He didn't miss he never missed.
Speaker 4: He's the most accurate of all time.
Speaker 1: Not anymore.
Speaker 4: Dang this weekend he fell.
Speaker 1: He's like a point below. Maybe you have to look it up, maybe like Eddie Pinera whatever his name is, And I don't even know if that's I don't even know if that's him, but I think he fell for the first time to where he's now second. And I like Justin Tucker for a couple of reasons. One he used to message me and listen to the show.
Speaker 2: That's cool, Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 1: I mean that's why like Texas, Yeah, that's why he's like Baker till Baker wouldn't talk to me. And you're right, it's Eddie Paniero.
Speaker 2: Wow, I saw him drinking.
Speaker 1: They thought you were him and you're Mexican.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 1: So Justin Tucker is now second. Gosh, overall, he's had a bad year. Would you mind pulling up Justin Tucker's status just for the year? Kevin. I get sad for him because he's really good. And I wonder if it's an inch or something, because there's no fall off, like it's a big fall off.
Speaker 2: But what about a mental game, Like, isn't it's such a mental.
Speaker 1: He's a kicker. That's like beat the mental thing for ever.
Speaker 2: I know, but you were human, you know, like what if something's happening in his personal life where it's just like he cannot concentrate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seventy three percent on the year, which is thirty eighth in the NFL and extra points even just ninety seven percent is twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: The the personal thing is, I just would imagine over his careers that other personal things happened too. It's never shaken them so and you could absolutely be right. It could be something massive, but it also could be like an injury they don't want to disclose, like a small one. Yeah, Or I would just if I were, you know, hardball, I'd be like, you know, and I got a shout out justin Talker, he's got an injury's been battling all year.
Speaker 4: I just say it, Yeah, now it's the time.
Speaker 1: Because you can't. You're not pulling him.
Speaker 4: No, you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't. He's the greatest of all time. You don't pull him. Uh So, Okay, Steelers, I'm an idiot. Chargers, I'm an idiot, And think about the Chargers. They don't only do anything awesome, but they are just consistent.
Speaker 2: Like they've been winning and I didn't realize it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's seven and three.
Speaker 2: I know, that's crazy. I look at the record, like they've won that many games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're seven and three and Herbert has had to pass way less. A lot of that's because of hardball system. It just Harball runs the ball a lot more. The Chargers, they're a factor. That's crazy to me. They might make the playoffs.
Speaker 4: That game the other night they would have lost in the last ten years. Yes, over and over, yes, and they they actually won it.
Speaker 1: Even watching like the play do you see Herbert run the Maybe it's two weeks ago. I'm getting blurred here because I just it's NonStop football. Well, Herbert ran that ball in was that last weeks ago?
Speaker 4: Gets the Titans?
Speaker 1: Did you ever watch the clip of them talking about it beforehand? It went viral where they're talking about it and Harball goes, uh, like, do your arm like you're like a pass and so Herbert like this and he goes, Okay, we're gonna run on it. And so but he knew they were probably watching him, and Harball's like, hey, just act like we're talking about passing, so they no way, Yeah, yeah, And it's so it's so funny and maybe nobody even saw it, but it was. It's pretty because do a pass. Do a pass like if like like do it and he did, and he's like, okay, let's get it.
Speaker 2: I do always like to play when I'm watching, like you know, when they're they're gonna go for two or are they gonna kick it? Like I like to look at their mouths, But I can never tell what they've decided.
Speaker 1: Usually I can tell by them holding up the number two. Well yeah, well there's that to me is but that's the only way I can tell. There's maybe I mean more of a go for it or not or punt? Got it?
Speaker 2: You know, because yeah, you're right, they do hold up the one of the two.
Speaker 1: No, but I mean, listen, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's always trying to s like what are they going to do? I can't tell.
Speaker 1: I always feel like everybody cancels themselves out. And this is more of a college thing because we did it in high school football too. When the fourth quarter comes, you hold up all four fingers to go fourth quarter. We're not tired, Like that's the whole thing. Why everybody holds up four fingers like this is our quarter. But if everybody does it, then it's back to equal.
Speaker 2: It's like no one's tired.
Speaker 1: It's like at times, it's like if you and Hour, what if we were praying for different the exact opposite things, Yes, yes, or we're voting like in Curb Your Enthusiasm or Larry David's like, hey, you voting for this person because again, because I'm not, you just want to cancel the votes and go home.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: So yeah, look at that. So I'm an idiot Steelers Chargers, thank you, I'm a genius.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm a genius where I was made fun of and I was hitting DMS by our listeners of this show, which we loosely call the Whistlers. He hasn't caught on yet, but we don't loosely call him that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 1: They don't even really do it that much. But then like three times, bon Knicks is awesome. Yeah, he's awesome, and only because he's he's so awful or he's so awesome, he just has no freaking fear.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's awful.
Speaker 1: Bones early in the year, he was terrible for sure, That's what I'm talking about. Like early I would be like because I was big Boon Knicks. Before the season started, I was like, this dude is going to go because it's the only way he knows. And you would see him through like seventy two interceptions one drive, he'd be like, woll, how did that even happen. In the last two games, he has six touchdowns, no interceptions. He had four touchdowns last week, three hundred and seven yards. He's on it right now. I think Sean Payton's a perfect coach for him. I got my bow Nicks signed broncos helmet here.
Speaker 2: That could be a two.
Speaker 1: I bet bo next Rookie of the Year. Now. I think there's an outside shot he can win Rookie of the Year now. Jane Daniels has not been playing well.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: He's also I think had a rib. I know he had an injury, but I think his ribs even the last game because they've lost a couple in a row night. Yes, yeah, I even then. He didn't want to run. That's a big part of his game. I think if Jane Daniels doesn't get hurt, he runs away with it. Yeah, because so dynamic. But Jane Daniels is not played and I haven't looked at any stats I'm only going by watching the ends of games and watching him play a bit. Jane Daniels is not played well, but I think it's been because he's been hurt. But that's part of it, right, ye. Bo Nicks slinging got the dog in him.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this about bow. He's doing great, but do you think he can take it to another talking about like down the line next year, the year after. Do you think he can keep getting better? That's that's the only thing that scares me about him, is like he's doing so good, but I think this might be where he peaks.
Speaker 1: I think Sean Payton wouldn't have drafted him so early because that's his guy. Sean Payton went specifically to get bo Nicks. I think if Sean Payton didn't see and I'll do the easy comparison of Drew Brees, maybe not exactly the same with the same skill set, but if he didn't see somebody he thought he could. And also Jess. My answer is just yes, because it's his rookie year and the biggest growth, for the most part, happens between year one and year two in every sport. Because you go in you're kind of baptized by Oh my god, we're playing more games. It's so much faster, it's physical, the season's just longer, and then you get a break for months to just kind of recalibrate. So yes, I do think that he can be better, only based on what a normal rookie does between year one and year two. Even sitting a game out look at Anthony richardson now, not that he's not gonna revert back. I also saw that the Anthony Richard is younger than like five of the starting quarterbacks in college right now. Younger.
Speaker 2: I don't realize that.
Speaker 1: M hold is he I think he's twelve.
Speaker 2: Sounds like.
Speaker 1: Yesterday. I just saw and I meant to screenshot it, but he's like they listed four or five or six of the quarterbacks even some now and he's like, Anthony Richard is still younger than all.
Speaker 4: These guys twenty two.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So those guys in the calls that are like twenty five.
Speaker 1: Now that Dylan Gabriel I started just listing all of them, and they're like, this guy's twenty two. And even if you pull him now, like you got some guys that are two and three years the head, they haven't been the NFL yet, like, you can't give up so Bo Nicks right now, I'm a genius because he's come on hard. The Broncos might make the playoffs, they might get that last spot. We'd have to I think. And finally, I'm a genius and you guys aren't gonna like this. Oh come on, Texas is not good. Oh I know that, Mike, I know, buddy. Oh not good. Well that's one game I'm I'm so glad you said that, because you have walked me right to where I wanted to walk into. Now, First of all, I did watch Texas. Texas beat Arkansas and we're not good. Almost beat scored sixty on us. We had a couple dumb fumbles, but Texas did not dominate that game. There was no We're bigger, faster, stronger than you. We just don't have I don't think our current administration is going to be what Texas to the next level. We played eleven o'clock game and played fair against Texas. Fumbled at the end, yeah, and whatever close is game? Close? Ish game? Yeah? Never really we covered.
Speaker 2: Other than that fun Yeah, you did cover other than that fumbled it. I think you could go home.
Speaker 1: Man, that was so close, and I'm not going to be the guy that goes. We almost want I don't want to even talk about winning. But it's like Texas did not outclass us in any way, and we don't have a lot of class. We have some players, we're not very disciplined. But I would like to go through Texas schedule. Texas game one, Colorado State, what's Colorado says?
Speaker 4: Record seven and three?
Speaker 1: Okay? Not a quality opponent, Colorado State. They don't come from a P four. The Rams, Colorado State they gotta yeah, they gotta be maybe gotta be a ram. What okay? Michigan five and five, Okay, no quality win there, uts a five and five small conference, No quality win there. Louisiana Monroe five and five, Dan, that's crazy, No quality win there. Mississippi State two and eight, they're terrible. Gosh, marks all be done by one hundred and Texas only beat them thirty five thirteen and we literally been about one hundred and ten points. No quality win there. Texas and Oklahoma five and five. Oklahoma five and five, see where you're going? Oklahoma? Not good. Texas and Georgia eight and two, and what happened? They lost at home. They lost Texas Vanderbilt.
Speaker 4: Six and four, and this will.
Speaker 1: Be their quality. That's a quality win, and they barely be Vanderbilt. So so far we've got two quality wins Florida five and five, Arkansas five and five.
Speaker 2: There's a trend.
Speaker 1: They haven't played anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fifty one and forty seven.
Speaker 1: That's the record of all the teams they've played. Interesting, they've basically played a five hundred schedule, and they don't look when they walk out of the tunnel, you're like dang. When they play, you're not like dang. They have a defensive tackle that's awesome. Yours is fine, and I'm sure he's actually great and he'll be a good pro whatever.
Speaker 2: My buddy Baron, he can pick off anyone.
Speaker 1: Anytime they've played anybody, they've Georgia they got beat and Vandy gave him a run, and ban Bandy got beat last week by South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Pretty yeah, pretty twenty eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Mike, that's all I'm saying. Texas is not it? All I hear is those are all wins. That's true. Like it's like, okay, we're gonna pick it too. It's like everybody, every team like their quality wins.
Speaker 4: Look at the record, it's there.
Speaker 1: Uh, we could do Georgia or Alabama or Tennessee. You don't want to do that because it's like two different worlds. Well, like Oregon, Oregon beat Ohio State, which is better than well, I guess the Georgia went, but we could do Oregon. But I'm talking SEC specifically. Texas is got They have the worst schedule. It's not their fault that they play the worst schedule, but they don't have the schedule to go, oh wow, they are good because any they've played nobody. It's like Indiana, they played nobody, They've won every game. What are they five? Now? Four or five?
Speaker 4: Indiana?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love Indiana, but I'm not a believer. I think Ohio State's probably gonna take them the woodshed, but I want Indiana to win. Yeah, but I don't. Texas is not good. You guys don't have to agree with me. But the stats say what the stats say.
Speaker 2: You watch them and you look like you're watching a really good team. But you're right. I'm not thinking about who they're playing. I just feel like they've got momentum, and they do to me, look like a good team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they look good at pads.
Speaker 2: And when I watched the Arkansas UTA game, I thought Texas game. I thought, you know what, Arkansas is playing them. Well, that's what I thought. Not Arkansas is just being Arkansas and Texas is not that good. I didn't think that at all.
Speaker 1: Texas beat the the Florida's third string quarterback. It's not been all listen and unbiased. I'm anti Texas for sure. This is not coming from a place where I have no bias whatsoever. But Texas is not good. They're a good team. They're a good team. They're not a great team. They play in Tucky next week that you win that they play A and M. A and m's a fine team.
Speaker 2: They should win.
Speaker 1: But that will be a quality game.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a big game. Just the rivalry back and.
Speaker 1: Everything, you know, and not only that, It's like when you look at Texas A and M just in general. If Texas A and M, when's that they'll be like every team with two losses, unless somebody kind of gets messed up here in this next week, Like it's all going to be a cluster at the top of the ice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. When I was growing up Texas A and M. That game was like a huge rivalry game. And then somewhere in the middle of Texas OU became the rival and Texas A and M was just kind of like, oh yeah, those guys have forgot about them.
Speaker 1: I would argue that you, not being a Texas fan, askewed the reality of that situation that Texas hates Oh you, Texas is annoyed by Texas A and M, so they don't like Texas A and M.
Speaker 2: There we go. So they do seem like they were annoyed by own.
Speaker 1: A and M hates Texas way more than Texas AHSA and M. But Texas hates A and M because they're just annoying. Yeah, and Texas and Texas Texas, Texas and O you hate each other. Like Texas's main number one rival is OU. Their number two rival is Texas A and M. Close regional. Sure, they're they're annoyed, but when A and L went to the SEC, they're like, oh crap, they went to the big boy League. They're making more money than us now because of the SEC TV contract, So they then follow A and M. I don't think there was ever a shift because Texas and OU always were that. That's to me. I think that's my favorite rivalry. I know O, you and Michigan have onme, but I didn't live around there.
Speaker 2: I mean Thanksgiving was the Texas, Texas, A and M game. Like that's how big it was when I was I mean, this is when I was young too.
Speaker 1: But I don't think there's any love loss. I don't think there's any difference in those two except they don't play anymore until now because they didn't play for years because Texa and I went to the SEC and they stopped playing. Yeah, so okay, we're gonna have Brandon Marcelo on and just one second, but first the commercial, Yeah you did it? Okay? Cool? I hate this because we lost. I had Oregon minus fourteen they won, but Wisconsin Kevin had Selticon Matrol. Missouri Kevin lost that one. The only person that were like, are you sure? It was Eddie. That's how this goes. You can't do it, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you Northwestern has not let me down as far as covering spread.
Speaker 1: That's true, but it's hard to yell. I'm telling you. Whenever there's a lot of misses there.
Speaker 2: I was puckered a little bit there too, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when they scored fourteen, like, well, not even.
Speaker 1: About this game. I was like, I'm just in general, none of us can really be like I'm telling you, yeah, I missed so many.
Speaker 2: This season for some reason. Those Northwest Eastern Wildcats are like just coming through for me. We didn't hit anyway, No, accept this, yet.
Speaker 1: We didn't hit. Whenever you missed, do we celebrate the other person? No, you're right, but see, you rarely hit, so when you do, so that's why you can't yell. I'm telling it's so hard not to though. Okay, so that's that we suck.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: There is pick six, though, which is awesome. This is a different type of thing. So with pick six, it's a download pick six app. Excuse me. You download the new DraftKings pick six app, use the code Bobby Sports, and you can pick two or more players and choose if we'll have more or less of a stat For example, the Thursday night game coming up of Steelers and Brown's George Pickens more or less than fifty seven receiving yards.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would do George Pickens more or less times? I go, huh he caught that either crazy or he dustn't the wild or he walks off. Just George Pickens's nuts. I love it more seven, more or less. I'm gonna go more. Russell Wilson more or less than one seventy five passing. That's crazy. That's his number because they play so much defense. I don't know if i'd even do that one.
Speaker 2: One seive and it's over, huh.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if I wouldn't pick that one, because you can do any of them. Nick Chubb more or less than fifty nine total yards. Look at Nick Chubb back in it now.
Speaker 4: No, that's that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go more. Download the new DraftKings Pick six app used to code Bobby Sports gambling problem called one hundred. Gambler Help is available for problem gambling called eight at eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot organ in Connecticut must be eighteen plus. Agent ligibility restrictions very boy jurisdiction. Pick six not availble everywhere, including New York, Ontario. Void were prohibited one per new customer. Bonus award is no one drawable. Pick six credits that expire in thirty days limited time offer. See terms at Pick six dot DraftKings dot com, slash promos, and now our weekly college football talk with Brandon Marcello. Uh, the guy's the best works for twenty four seven Sports. He's a great rider. You know, we just finished the interview with him. As I'm doing this, got some TV news. He's gonna share why he watches more college football than anybody else. I know, he's the guy, That's why we have him on. You can follow him on Twitter at b Marcelo or Instagram at Brandonmarcelo and check out twenty four seven sports dot com. Here he is Brandonmarcelo. Hey Brandon, I was talking earlier about Texas, and I'm not going to tell you what I said about Texas, but I just want to general, just some general feedback about the Texas Longhorns football team and how good you think they are. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I think they're the most boring great team in America right now. They just have more talent than almost everybody else that they face, which is good enough to win games. But they're the type of team that can either decide to play with their food or devour it, and they've decided to just mostly play with it. And you know, I saw them in person this past weekend, and you know, they were most definitely the better team than Arkansas, But then you watch them and they're just kind of playing around a little bit. The offense isn't necessarily as aggressive as you want it to be with its play calling or not attacking down the field, but their defense is elite and that kind of holds opponents down. But then all of a sudden in that game, Arkansas gets back within a field goal and they're in trouble, and then they respond and get a touchdown the way they need to from Quinn years and co. But you can't play that way in a playoff, just kind of resting on your laurels and think you can win a championship that way. And for that matter, I think that's kind of what we saw against Georgia earlier this season, right. They end up losing that game at home big time, their biggest game of the year. They just they're a great team. They have a lot of talent, but I'm not sure that they're elite, you know, And with their schedule, they just managed to kind of co spy and be a top five team, and if they had played one or two more Top twenty type teams, they might actually have another loss on their schedule.
Speaker 1: We went through the schedule and just looked at their quality wins. Obviously, they did beat Vanderbilt, which Vanderbilt's a little better than we thought they would be, and they lost to Georgia, and so they it's not quite Indiana, ESK. And I'll have you talk on Indiana next because they really haven't played anybody. But to me, maybe they've played such bad teams they haven't had to actually, you know, iron sharpens iron, and so maybe they're just existing. They haven't had to be pushed, so therefore they don't push.
Speaker 5: I think there's something to that.
Speaker 3: They'll be pushed in a couple of weeks against Texas A and M when they go to College Station. That's why I think that this team needs some sense of urgency when they get on the road. I thought that they would probably do that even this past week against Arkansas because they were on the road in a rivalry game and they got up to nothing. But it wasn't like anything special. And it's not just me believes this. I mean, I'm talking to a lot of people and they're just going listen. Texas is just a really kind of a boring team to watch, and during the game, like everybody's only talking about, Hey, is arch maning going to play? I mean, there's still some Texas fans even out there to think that Quinn Ures shouldn't be the quarterback, and I can see why because they're not throw allowing him to throw deep all that often. He does seem to give up on plays a little bit early when the pocket collapses, which is a little concerning. And it just if you're a team that wants to win a championship and SEC title or playoff title, you need to be playing better. You need to be playing to full maximum speed at least some of the time, and they just seem to be kind of coasting by and by every week.
Speaker 1: I do often preface it by going, I hate Texas. Now I hate them because I respect them, because they have more money than us. They've always been big brother. I hate Texas. I do respect in fact, they have their own color, Like that's kind of cool, although I think red is a cooler color. But then I just go on and go in and like, I think Texas is just I think they're mediocre because they haven't had to be better than that, and that's what we're talking about. Before you came on, I did say I think their players are all better and they look great when they come out of the tunnel, but they just haven't really had to do it, so they haven't done it. But let's go to Indiana now, because I think it's interesting here. They are in the top five and they have played even less. So are we just waiting for the Ohio State game?
Speaker 3: They got their big payday for their coach, Kurt Signetty. He got a big new contract worth eight million dollars a year for the next eight years. And now that they're preparing for Ohio State, actually that line opened up. I think they're like eleven or twelve point underdogs on the road and Vegas always knows right. And I think that you see these the past couple weeks, you could pinpoint that. Look at BYU Kansas's past week, Kansas was only a three point underdog on the road at BYU. They knew BYU is prying for an upset against Kansas, and Kansas beat them. They're at BYU and in this game, you got Indiana as like eleven or twelve point underdog at Ohio State. They know what they see on film and what they see on paper. Just the talent level disparity there. But having said that, Indiana's offense has been explosive pretty much against every team they've played. And I've seen Ohio State play in person earlier this year against Oregon and their suspect in the secondary, and that's a good matchup for Indiana quarterback Curtis Rourke and his receivers, including Elijah Sharat. He's one of the best receivers in the country. This game is very interesting one for a lot of reasons, playoff implications, Big Ten championship implications, But I don't think enough people are giving Indiana credit for what they've done this year. They've beaten every single team on their schedule by fourteen points or more except for one, and that was Michigan.
Speaker 5: I think that this game is gonna be a little bit closer than that.
Speaker 3: Maybe Ohio State ends up winning by ten points, but I think it's gonna be closer throughout the game there until the end. And I'm just afraid that if Indiana loses this game that the playoff committee is going to severely punish them and drop them from the top five all the way to outside the top twelve. And that's not necessarily what they should do. You shouldn't punish them for the schedule that they've played and then when they finally play somebody op they lost, so we have to drop them. Well, if that's the case, look at Georgia. I mean, Georgia lost by double digits at Old Miss. You didn't drop them very far. We got to be kind of maintain a standard here moving forward. I think just because they don't have that brand name that they're being punished for it. I think if you put a big M on their helmet for Michigan and they played the same schedule and they were undefeated going into Ohio State, they'd probably be number two in the country right now.
Speaker 1: So then I would say that even if they lose, the amount they lose by will be a big indicator of what the committee does. I mean, a ten point loss not that bad. A thirty point loss possibly, since they've played no one else, I could understand and go, Okay, that's justified that they do kick them out.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts on that, Oh yeah, certainly if they get blown out if they lose by more than two touchdowns, even on the road, they're in the horseshoe. I think you do need to drop them, maybe completely out of the picture there, even with the quote unquote one loss and be behind several two loss teams.
Speaker 5: So I don't think there's any doubt about that.
Speaker 3: My question is is, like, do they drop them, say like seven or eight spots just for losing by a touchdown or by ten points. That would be the incorrect thing to do because based off the past, they haven't done that to other teams, but they've been treating Indiana differently. In these last two Playoff Committee rankings, they had them below some teams they should not be below, including that were below teams that were in the eight people below them.
Speaker 5: So I have questions.
Speaker 3: I think that they kind of pinpointed Indiana as their sacrificial lamb this week that if they end up losing even by a tad bit, they're going to drop them steeply.
Speaker 1: So Signetti signed the deal for eight years, but we know the nature of the beast. Do you think if LSU ends up moving on not this season. I don't think they're going to move on this season, but that Signetti could end up at a place like an LSU, because, yeah, your deal really doesn't mean anything except for him, it's a little bit of stability. Do you think he's a guy that still would like to move to one of these major blue bloodish type programs.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of coaches out there say that I'm happy where I'm at. I haven't really thought about ever leaving. But that's the case. But then when they're presented the opportunity, actually their agent approaches them and gives them a reality of what life could be like, that changes everything. A lot of coaches just live in a literally live in a bubble, and until someone comes up and pops it and walks in there and shows them something, they're not really aware of what else life could be like. So it depends really one on what kind of challenge you want next in a year or two. Secondly, is he still winning at Indiana? And then third what's his new buyout? We haven't gotten the new numbers for his buyout right now. And listen, Bobby, we're in an era now where a lot of universities are hesitant to fire coaches because they're afraid of paying the large buyout, and why is that different from the past, Because revenue sharing is coming up this fall. They're going to have to spend twenty and a half million dollars each year on players and to pay that in addition to a buyout of twenty forty fifty sixty million dollars, it's a hefty price tag and one that is very difficult to kind of sell to your constituents, your boosters and everything, because a lot of these ads are now going out, Hey, I need you to the money you were giving me. I either need you to give me more money, or I need you to redirect the money you're giving actually to the athletics department or to our nil situation to help with this revenue sharing. It's become quite the load, and it's why a lot of coaches out there who may have been fired this year, including Billy Napier at Florida, are safe going into this offseason.
Speaker 1: Also, Napier has kind of instilled a bit of confidence in me watching him now too, you know, who cares about me and my confidence, But still like I you know, and I've seen his radio four and seven or five and five. He's had those general type seasons, but like they've come on and they've with a third string quarterright, they don't win that game, obviously they kid from Yale, But I don't know, like I'm rooting for Billionapier, I'm rooting for Alabama. I've never rooted for Alabama ever. But the way that they acted like Dubois was like the worst coach ever, and he was wearing a T shirt and like, the guy is probably top two or three coaches that exist on the planet now in college football, and the Bama fans were acting like we just need to move on, and that makes me root for him for some weird reason. So, like, I'm big Alabama buyer right now. If I had to pick a team, I would pick Ohio State slash Alabama. But I'm gonna just pick one Alabama because I'm a SEC homer. Who do you right now? Who would you pick if you had to?
Speaker 5: It's great question.
Speaker 3: I'm on board with Ohio State, and I'm also on board with Georgia at this point despite having two losses. When they play well, they play extremely well. They played better than anybody else in the country in my opinion, and I thought this past week Carson Beck, who had thrown more interceptions during a six game stretch in the SEC than we have seen in several years. He really bounced back against Tennessee this week, didn't throw a single interception, and he gained some confidence. And why is that because their offensive quarter of Mike Bobo, has finally decided to scheme up some plays that would help them. They start throwing to the tight end. They are loaded with tight ends, and when you throw to the tight end, it's much easier routes to throw to right in the middle of the field, usually shorter stuff, and they've got the type of tight ends they could do a lot after the catch, so they did that. Ten of his completions were two tight ends in that game, easy passes, and two of them went for touchdowns. That gives Beck some confidence. It also adds a different wrinkle to this offense, which had been struggling throughout this year. But George's got all the other pieces around him. They got a running back, they got the offensive line, They definitely have the defense to play for a championship, and Georgia's battle tested. They've been on the road at Alabama, They've been on the road at ol Miss, They've been on the road to Texas and they beat Texas by double digits. I really like Georgia at this point. I think they've got a little bit more momentum going here into the latter part of the regular season.
Speaker 1: Deon Sanders coach of the Year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so most definitely he's up there. And you know, if Kurch Signetti were to somehow beat Ohio State this week, I think coach Signetti would definitely probably be the coach of the year material there. But Deon Sanders, what he's done in Colorado, not just like from last year to this year, but in season has been incredible to watch. Week one, I was there covering them and their game against North Dakota State. They had a lot of the same issues they had last year. The offensive line couldn't block, the defensive line wasn't really getting the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Creating havoc.
Speaker 3: But they've literally have gotten better week to week and you actually look at the strength of their team. Yes, we want to talk about Shader Sanders and Travis Hunter the best quarterback receiver combo in the country, but that defensive line is one of the better ones in the country right now. Just as far as havoc rate. This past week against Utah, they forced three or four interceptions, they had four sacks, they had a bunch of tackles for loss, disruptive in the backfield, and Utah coach Kyle Whittingham, who's been doing this forever in the industry, said that that's the best team they've played all year. And by the way, they just played in undefeated BYU the week before that. Colorado has gotten better week to week, and I know that's a cliche, but they legitimately have. That's what been most oppressive to me about this team. It's not necessarily just the record, but how they got there. They're getting better every week and that's a great story to see.
Speaker 1: I have three final questions for you. I want to go back to Ohio State for a second, and the pressure on Ryan Day not just to make the playoff, but to win the national championship. Let's say, you know, they get to buy, which they'll get to buy. Let's say they lose in the We'll call it the first round, but it's actually the second round. Let's say they lose. There is this job in jeopardy.
Speaker 3: That's a very interesting question. I don't think so. It also depends on the context of it. Are they losing the Big Ten championship game and then also losing their very first playoff game. That would be damning. I mean, heck, you know, listen, I think we all assume they're going to beat Michigan, and right now they're probably like four touchdown favorites against Michigan in the final game of the regular season. But goodness, could you imagine if he loses to Michigan again. I think that would be enough to potentially have him out the door. You know, the fans there were livid even when they lost to Oregon earlier this season, because the big knock on him was like, you can beat everybody but Ohio State, and then you lose to Oregon. Now the big thing is like, you can't beat anybody in the top five unless it's like Penn State, and that's it. You know, it's very high expectations there. I think they're higher there than really anywhere else in America this season on any coach and anything less than getting to the National Championship Game. There is a disappointment this season because of everything that did in the offseason, the transfer portal hiring coaches. I mean, hell, you went hired UCLA head coach Chip Kelly to call plays for you, and if you fall short of reaching the national championship game, it's a failure to them. If you were to lose in the around, I'm not saying there would be a change there.
Speaker 1: But did he die or did he freeze?
Speaker 2: Mike? Do you still see him on yours?
Speaker 5: You can existing?
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do one more question here, Uh well, maybe two more questions. Hey, Brandon, do you feel like and I know you're gonna answer this in a humble way, but do you feel like you're getting more famous? Because I feel like you're just like in a lot of places now, do people like recognize you more if you're out out at games or are they like, oh, you're Brandy Marcello.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mostly in the SEC. I've been the SEC for quite a while, so that helps as well. There was this period of time there for about two or three years where that wasn't necessarily the case because I used to be much bigger, uh physically, and I lost a lot of weight, so I became a little bit unrecognizable to people. But yeah, most definitely, you know, I do a lot more different types of hits with people, Radio, TV, I'm doing a lot more TV work in fact, a championship weekend, on SEC Championship weekend.
Speaker 5: And all the other conference title games.
Speaker 3: I want to be in studio all weekend at CBS Sports do and stuff.
Speaker 5: So I can't wait for that. And you know, it's just a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I love talking football and I'm just open to any opportunity that comes my way to kind of share my passion.
Speaker 1: That's awesome that you're gonna go do the studio stuff. Congratulations, That's that's massive, Like I'm proud for you. That's really cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks man.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to decide if I should wear a suit or just just be completely casual and and piss everybody off in the studio.
Speaker 1: You know, I often have that decision to make amongst myself. And if I ever it's like going to a party or like a gathering, not like I have a party than the freaking biggest loser there is, but if it's like we're having an event and it's like how should I dress? If I don't know the people, I tend to overdress a bit just to be safe, and then once they know me, I will weigh underdress and just DGAF and like show up and like, you know, a T shirt, but I like to set the stage and like I care. And then once you're like, oh this guy cares, then it's like I do the artist thing too, where I'm like, I'm an artist, I show up how I am. But dude, I'm looking forward to watching you on that. That's that is really really cool. Okay, Final question, Final question, SMU, should they.
Speaker 5: If they win the ACC Championship? I think so.
Speaker 3: ACC's bordering on maybe being a two bid league, but it most likely looks like one, but it could be two still, And SMU, I think they just got to win out the regular season. They can't afford another loss against cal or Virginia because that's week week losses. So if they went out, go to the ACC Championship game, and if the team they play is Miami, I think the cachet there is possible that even if SEMU loses that game, they would make the playoff potentially. The thing that's kind of holding SEMU back a little bit right now, even standing where they're at undefeated the ACC, is that they have one loss in non conference and that's against BYU, and that team was a top five type team, but they just lost this previous week, so that hits them a little bit.
Speaker 5: But I think if they just.
Speaker 3: Win these next two games, get to the ACC Championship game, and if they face Miami, even if they lose that game, they have an opportunity to potentially get in. But it's gonna be pretty slim. Their best chance, obviously is just to win the ACC title and leave no doubt. But SCMU has been.
Speaker 5: An incredible story.
Speaker 3: I think they've won seventeen in their last eighteen games. It's an incredible thing. First team ever to transition from the Group of five conference to a power conference and start better than one to zero in conference, and here they are undefeated in conference near the end of the season, something we've never seen before in college football. Don't think enough of people are talking about it. I've written about it in the past, just a few weeks ago, and more people start taking notice, obviously if they get to the AEC championship game. But it's an incredible job. R At Lashley's done down there.
Speaker 1: I think notice because he's mister network now going to show up in a suit now talking to us. Oh, I probably got some like stocks to go trade as soon as we get off here like a CEO to talk to only crap Brandon, Thank you, love you dude, and we'll see you next week. The NBA is back. Here's a way to get even more into the action following your favorite players, playing Pick six from Draft Kings, an official partner of the NBA. It is super simple to get started. First, download the Draft Kings Pick six app. Then select two or more players and choose if they'll have more or less of a stat like point three bounds, three pointers, and a whole bunch more and for all first time Pick six players, check this out. New customers play five dollars and get fifty dollars and Pick six credits. Download the Draft Kings Pick six app. Now use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports for new customers to play five dollars and get fifty dollars and Pick six credits only on DraftKings Pick six. The Crown is Yours. Gambling Problem Call one eight hundred. Gambler help is available for problem gambling Call eight aight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot orgon Connecticut. Must be eighteen plus age and eligibility restrictions vary by jurisdiction. Pick six not available everywhere, including New York and Ontario. Void were prohibited one per new customer. Bonus awarded as non withdrawable Pick six credits that expire in thirty days limited time on offer. See terms at Pick six dot DraftKings dot com slash promos. Right, A few things I want to mention. Number one, I'd like to acknowledge Eddie, because I do know Eddie. You did keep notes for games this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's a game changer. Game changer. I actually remember games and I don't even think I have to look back at my notes.
Speaker 1: It's the fact that exactly it.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: But it's like school.
Speaker 2: I never kept notes at school.
Speaker 1: Because I would like keep notes of everything and rarely would have to go back and look at him because I remember because I was writing him down.
Speaker 2: Because like I would watch the game and be like, ooh, that's awesome. They carried him onto the end zone. That's really cool. The running back and you have to run who was that? And then write the name down?
Speaker 1: Bring me a few notes, Yeah, so like I'll.
Speaker 2: Do that one for example, that was the Broncos. It was Williams. Williams is about the score. They're like, you know, right four yards away from the end zone. He runs the ball right down the middle and he's not gonna make it. So his oh line just picks him up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he takes him in.
Speaker 2: He didn't even use his feet. They just carried him in. I'm like, I didn't know they could do that. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I can read a couple of my notes. I just like write things like Josh Allen, Josh Allen had to write That's what I wrote. You had to Yeah, so but I know what that means. That's a trigger for me to go. They couldn't kick the field goal. They couldn't give Patrick Mahomes the ball back because Patrick Mahomes would have, according to history, driven and won the game, because they could have scored a touchdown to win. So they went for it fourth and two.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also Josh, that run that Joant beast beast like Derrick Henry type. Yeah, like, don't get in his way. And I don't think he ever actually went down, did he No? But like four defenders. Yeah, Like, but they had to And like I was, I was rooting for the Chiefs to win the game. I like the Chiefs also have them in our GM league, which we all buy teams at the beginning of the year. If they win, you win. But I liked it that they went for it because had they even if they would have gotten it, they gave Mahomes a chance to win the game, but because they didn't, they did get it, and it was a nine point game they weren't able to come back. Gives a two possession game. That was awesome. But that's the note I wrote.
Speaker 2: You want to hear my notes? Had to, yeah, because that's interesting. He had to. So this is my note. First is Jimbo Cook scores first TD. I thought it was hilarious that jim Nance called him Jimbo Cook.
Speaker 4: That's what I calls him.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear him.
Speaker 2: Calling that, So that's my note on that, like, Jimbo Cook. Interesting. And then I said, Bills down by two in four minutes, they drive the ball, they have a fourth and two at the thirty yard line. They go forward instead of kicking the field goal and making it a five point game. Then Alan keeps it. He scores Bills up by nine.
Speaker 1: I think it just ai the screen yeah, he said, no, dude, I wrote all this now, that's good, that's good college wise, I wrote, really wish for that fat boy touchdown. Now that's from the Florida LSU game.
Speaker 2: Didn't watch that one.
Speaker 1: And they Florida hold on the l s U. Fat Boy, you know fat got touchdown? We love fat got touchdown. Yeah, yeah, there's all. He picked it up, he takes it off running, then he gets dam smacked and he fumbles it back.
Speaker 2: That game was a wild that happened to the Cowboys last night. I didn't even watch anything big Boy car watch that. I don't know why I watch it. I missed the first half. We have basketball practice and the first time in my life, I said I'm going to basketball practice instead of watching the game.
Speaker 4: Really, your kids want.
Speaker 1: To be sad. I will give quick thoughts on these games. Packers Bears with the crap, what the crap? Like Kayla Wims. What was great about kaya Wims this game is that they had him throwing the ball much quicker. He got rid of every pass, quick, quick, quick. He wasn't trying to be superman and survive, and the Bears played good enough to win. That great drive at the end and the Packers blocked kick. That's crazy. I loved out. I love a block kicked to win the game. Yeah, that's crazy. Yeah, and all week long. I guess they had been planning on the I don't remember if it was a special teams coach should wrote this down, but he was like, you know, we think we can block a kick during the game because we thought that because the trajectory was so low. How he's kicking. They blocked kicked on the game.
Speaker 2: They study the trajectory of the ball, how he kicks it. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Lions Jackson. I watched like who plays because by the time I turned it over, it was like twenty one nothing or three, and I was like, this is it?
Speaker 4: Great fantasy game.
Speaker 1: I flip it back over and same bron caught another touchdowns, Like, there's no need for me to watch it.
Speaker 2: I don't know you can score that much. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Vikings Titans Will evis is just what are they doing?
Speaker 4: I know it?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Will? Or is it?
Speaker 1: He's not good. They're not good, but you can also not be good and he can still be good. I e Drake may mm hmmm, because the Patriots are not good, but you're starting to see Drake may be pretty good. Yeah, without a real cast of character. He's like a mini Josh No. Yeah, but the thing is you don't want him to win. You want him to play well. Yeah, it's perfect, it's perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Gives you hope like and then also more hope. And in the off season.
Speaker 2: You know, he's youngest of four brothers. This way, I guess he plays so hard.
Speaker 1: You wrote that note down. Yeah, nice, have a nice job. Nice job. Dolphins and Raiders. I mean, brock Bowers played awesome, yeah, he but the Raiders are terrible awful. Oh, I wrote this down too. I won't do all the games because it's a day later. We're about a day late for recap. But check this out. I know it happened. Oh, listen to this. By the way, here's another one. Alabama has more wins over ranked teams than the top five combined. Listen to this stat is here or because I wrote this down, yes this year. Yeah, wins over current ranked teams. Alabama has four right now victories over teams currently ranked. Oregon has two, Ohio State has one, Texas has zero, Penn State has zero, Indiana has zero. Interesting, Alabama has more wins versus the top twenty five than the top five teams combined. Tell me that ain't crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri and LSU now wild.
Speaker 1: I'll take a picture of this. It's my Bone Nicks auto rookie that I saved when he played at Oregon.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 1: I saved it because I was like, ah, I'm a believer. And again this before even the NFL Draft.
Speaker 2: Is that a ten ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I did that. And then I also have a rock Party auto double patch rookie from Iowa State.
Speaker 2: I mean, no one was keeping that back in the day.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's a thousand war card. And then I have a my favorite one, a Jake Paul auto teenage from Pop Century.
Speaker 2: Hilarious. It's like Justin Bieber for it's a lot smaller too, not so ripped.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize he was so big.
Speaker 2: Jack, Dude, he's so big, He's like thick. Yeah. And then compared to his brother, Well, didn't realize his brother was so tall. I know, yeah, there's I mean, he's way bigger than his brother.
Speaker 1: Oh here we got this is my note. I mean winning percentage is Jets starting quarterback Zach Wilson three sixty four one, about a little more than every third game. Sam Darnold three forty two. This is gonna hurt Aaron Rodgers two seventy.
Speaker 4: Casey, I wish you were here.
Speaker 2: What a disaster lost that game?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't either. I watched it. I watched most of the second half because that's where that game was for the because it was this is a disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was glad that Anthony Richard was playing.
Speaker 4: You see that first running touchdown where he ran that corner over. No, absolutely, I didn't murder the dude.
Speaker 1: He's a big boy. Yeah, he's a big boy. Uh franking Colts, dude, Like they're not good, they're fine, but Anthony Richard is so dynamic. But the Jets suck.
Speaker 2: That was my note for that game. Jets suck.
Speaker 1: That's a that's that's the only note that's I mean, it sucks for me being an Arkansas fan like Casey and I Weard is like kindred spirits. It just were used to it sucking. It doesn't mean it sucks anything less. You're just better at it. It sucks so bad, don't Yeah, I mean Patriot went all your championships. Hey, Rams, I know the Rams will barely be the Patriots, but the Rams look pretty good.
Speaker 4: They touchdown from staff, although.
Speaker 2: Pooka looked like he was gonna get hurt again. And then it came back and played.
Speaker 1: So, I don't know, did you watch Taysom Hills. Do you see it's like eighty yard run?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What the Yeah he scored?
Speaker 1: I think no he did. He did, But that one run that around the left side, was it left side?
Speaker 4: I don't know the left side?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, it was How did they not catch him? But also you're like he's big and he I mean he can run. Yeah, he's fast. That guy does everything.
Speaker 4: And he's like he's getting a little older now sixty three and sixty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jake Paul wanted to fight him, but he was too old.
Speaker 4: They gotta Taso Hill No one.
Speaker 2: I don't know why to but he popped up on my Instagram like his family and it was he's a girl dad. I didn't know that, and like it's just so different his personal life versus like going in the field running like that and knocking people over. He did score three touchdowns though us crazy.
Speaker 1: Three Fantasy if you and you playing a quarterback or tight end in fantasy, because they have had a certain amount of snaps in order to do that, and in most you are able to do.
Speaker 2: Oh is he still down as a quarterback? I know he wasn't years past. I didn't know he was still.
Speaker 1: I think from last year he got he was in one of the leagues. I know for sure, be cause I saw him on the waiver way and I didn't pick him up. I was like, he was gonna waste the spot on. Oh god, that's so hard to like. Different leagues do different scorings, different settings. And I hate playing in two leagues me too. I really wouldn't. I've only ever played in one until last year and it was another group of close friends and I was like, fine, Like last night, I had Ceedee Lamb going for me in one to win and going against me in another to win and it was the worst. And then he only scored mid so I lost both put up some real points. Okay, there's that.
Speaker 2: It's not his fault though, Man, Michael Chandler got beat. You got beat. You gotta be pretty bad too.
Speaker 5: Five.
Speaker 2: It was a five round match as a championship rap match.
Speaker 1: Former guest on the show. In person, you have fighter Michael Chandler and dude.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, though, his physical shape is amazing because he he did get whooped for four rounds, but that last round he was like usually when people fight in the fifth round, their toast, they're done. Their legs can't hold anything, they can't fight anymore, their punches mean nothing. No, not Michael Chandler. Dude, he picked up Olivera and like almost like he squatted him, so they were like picture of those bones. He kind of had Olivera had Michael Chandler rapped, okay, wrapped from behind like about trying to do a choke hold on him. Michael Chandler gets up like he's squatting and picks them up in a squad.
Speaker 1: That's my wife sometimes shows like wrestle them like just like bro, I just brewed it and take her up. Yes that yeah, I can show like jump away from behind, but I'm stronger than her, so I can like get up.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah he did that from the grass and then try to slam him backwards. Crazy ooh did it twice? So like yes, is Michael Chandler did he get beat? Yeah? But dude, his physical shape is pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Is he watched this fighter?
Speaker 4: No, he's thirty eight, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like he and he definitely. He got on the mic afterwards and challenged Connor McGregor again. He said, get out of your bed, come on.
Speaker 4: Canceled earlier, but after I lost.
Speaker 1: It's hard to do a challenge where someone listens when you lose. I know, I think Jake paulin Connor McGregor could be the.
Speaker 4: Next that one already box right, No, I I get all those money scams mixed up.
Speaker 1: I mean the two greatest promoters though. Yeah, Connor McGregor and Jack Paul.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true. I'm not hating.
Speaker 1: I also say, and I have like three things and we've done here. But I don't watch much women's boxing. I'll be honest with you, don't watch much boxing. I just don't watch much boxing. Oh, by the way, no one does me. Let me say this. You're passionate about that UFC fight that you watched. Yeah, that's that's it. Do that to football? Well, I have to pay eighty dollars to watch that by Sunday ticket.
Speaker 2: I do, but it's as it spans out the whole season, so I don't even think about.
Speaker 1: That's where it is right there. You heard it, You heard it like that that sparkle.
Speaker 4: When he was recreating Yeah, he was like, that's it, that's the sparkle.
Speaker 1: You didn't even need knowes.
Speaker 2: He just went, yeah, you're right, you're right. I didn't take notes on that one.
Speaker 1: That women's fight was one of the best fights I've ever seen him, a life.
Speaker 4: Awesome and that girl got ripped, gypped.
Speaker 2: That's when you get stolen.
Speaker 1: I don't know enough, but I don't know enough about it because I think boxing's all bregged anyway, not even Jake Paul, but like in general, you hear all the I did watch well, it was buffering so bad, even for that fight. But whenever the because one one was from like Ireland or Italy with the flat I get that one mixed up, and the other one from Puerto Rico. Maybe yes, yes, she was so whenever the Irish girl would hit her Iland Iland, she would hit her so much harder. It was like, Okay, she landed the Puerto Rican she landed one hundred punches. I'm just making up numbers, and the other girl landed forty. But those forty knocked up out of her.
Speaker 4: Her eye was like folding over her eye.
Speaker 2: And in the head butt, well that's what caused it, the head butt.
Speaker 1: The head butt was the eye. But I'm talking about just the fight, yes, but then there's it was awesome fight. Who the Irish Irish girl?
Speaker 4: She did get the other the Puerto Rican did the only part.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't the thing about boxing, So I'm watching this one fresh eyes. I mean, I've watched boxing, but I don't. I don't know anyone.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you watched it boxing match like Lewis.
Speaker 1: No, No, Mayweather and McGregor. Yeah, not even a real one. That's not a real one. Yeah, so you know what I watched. You're gonna have to help me with the names. The one guy from England who has the bald head, who's funny, who shouldn't look like he's a big guy when he fought the other really big. Yes, because so Tyler Fair is a big white guy. There's a big black guy fought like three times against each other. I don't know were their names. I watched watch one of those and it was crazy.
Speaker 4: That was a good one. I don't think the last one was a second to the last one.
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 2: There's a Mexican that's really good, Canelo. Yeah you know him. Yeah, he's like a famous boxer that's still boxes.
Speaker 1: And I think Jake Paul called him out and said canelos me. He said, I don't need a Canelo, Canelo needs me. If they want money, it's Jake Paul. Go fight Jake Paul.
Speaker 2: But these are older boxers.
Speaker 1: That's a genius. Jake Fall's a genius. Like you cannot like him. He doesn't care. He wants you to not like him. He's playing hill.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't care.
Speaker 1: He's playing a hill. And people like, we hate Jake Paul. Yeah, I hate them all. What are making forty million bucks? And that's just from that, just from the purse.
Speaker 2: And he does have kind of a sweetheart too, because he purposely didn't knock Mike Tyson out when he could have.
Speaker 1: The problem is though I know he carried them, but then he had to say it at the end and the press conference. I didn't like that. He guess, yeah, I had to carry If you had to carry him, then you carry him.
Speaker 2: Oh he said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But also he's playing hell. He's a heel it's the greatest. Yeah, I'm big Jake Paul fan. Don't even knowbody else he does logan Paul's awesome. I watch him. I've watched him wrestle, and like, he looks legitimate. He's WWE, he's a champion. He was a champion.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those guys, I can't hate on him because they have done.
Speaker 4: And they have the prime drink.
Speaker 1: They've done it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they were.
Speaker 2: And then what's that spray that he was using?
Speaker 1: Dude, Oh I saw that heet spraying.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's some product.
Speaker 1: I can see where people will be annoyed by them, be like, what do they do? But the opportunities that they had were the same opportunities that anybody else had YouTube no vine vine, that's right, that's right, everybody had those opportunities, and they chose to use those strategize market make some mistakes. Dude there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I used to hate on them. Now it's like, all right, respect.
Speaker 2: Respect.
Speaker 1: You can still hate on them. You don't have to like them, but respect so much. Respect Okay. And I don't know the person myself. They've done like some cancable, So don't cancel.
Speaker 2: Me for them some stuff out there.
Speaker 1: That's one probably. I have two other things I want to mention. I do want to go with the the Paul Skins patch. I know, Kevin, you saw this too. I saw the What what tip me off about it was the Pirates posting on their social media. The Pirates said, if anybody finds this card, which by the way, I saw Skeens doing a video where he was just signing it. It's a one on one any rookie patch. They wear it during the rookie game and they take the patch off immediately put on a card. So it's not a cut patch like them. It's it says like uh, it says like I forget what it's called. But it's like first game whatever, and they put on a card. It's one on one. It's autographed because Matt's holiday holiday were one of his first game. Yeah.
Speaker 4: MLB debut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's it. Okay, So as soon as the game's over to take it off, put on a card. So the Pirates offered two season tickets behind home play for the next thirty years. A mean greet I was Skians two autographs, Skis jerseys. A softball game at P and C. Park with coaching from Pirates alumni, a private tour of Pirates spring training facilities, taking batting practice, warming up with the team. So it's a whole thing, right, But then I follow Ken Golden He's like, don't do that. He's like, you want to change your life. This is a million dollar card. Million dollars or more. He was like, He's like, bring the card to me and I'll sell it and that your money.
Speaker 2: Well, why do the Pirates want it so.
Speaker 1: They can have it and show it off?
Speaker 2: That's it? Yeah, okay, yeah, good call because I was already Biden at the thirty years this season tickets right behind home plate sounds pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they think it's a seven figure card. Yeah, that's pretty cool. One other thing was the game Wardan Michael Jordan Jersey his game more in Jerseys I see quite frequently on the Golden app which I've been buying as much. I do have a I do have a couple of cool balls and the ball is not crazy expensive, but I have a Magic Johnson Larry Bird dual wall. They should be getting to the house any any time.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: And then I have a Tiffany you know that that Tiffany blue, like you go to the store in the ball, the expensive jwelry store Tiffany. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that that blue. Tiffany makes basketballs, high end basketballs. And I have a Larry Bird sign Tiffany ball that I don't have yet.
Speaker 4: That's that thing.
Speaker 1: It is a thing, I know.
Speaker 2: Do you have anything Jordan, like anything.
Speaker 1: Cards, nothing signed? Because I just can't pull the trigger and spending that much money. Yeah, this game war in Jersey from the Chicago Bulls ninety six to ninety seven season sold for four point six eight million dollars. It's the fourth biggest price paid for NBA Jersey. The Jordan ninety eight Bulls Jersey sold for ten point one million in twenty twenty two. That's crazy. The thing is that bubble hasn't popped. I don't even that it's a bubble because it's history. Like there's a card bubble. I don't know when that thing's gonna pop it or eve it's gonna pop now. And the housing bubble hasn't pop. People say it for years, that's gonna happen. It hasn't. You bought property, it's still going up. Bubble for three years it's like bubble, bubble, bubble, bubble, no bubble. No, but no bubble for me, which.
Speaker 2: I do feel like the card bubble pops every like twenty years maybe, But.
Speaker 1: If we're five years under the bubble, yeah, we're still in it.
Speaker 4: It's still pretty new, like the momentum that's been building on behind cards.
Speaker 1: But the problem is bubbles don't burst well, and it's like a history worn thing, right, there's there's only so many. The problem with the cards is they just start making more and more and more, and so then you're just saturating the market with so many that that's what pops that bubble.
Speaker 6: But I that's pretty cool. That's a lot any desire for No, because I don't know something like that. I don't have to guard it. I'd be afraid to leave the house. I'd have to go put it in like a safety de posit bucks. Then to just show people pictures of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so stupid.
Speaker 1: I know that's stupid. Okay, we're done here. I'll end on this note. This is the greatest thing. This is the greatest trouble to be in. And Mike kicking hit the music there. If you want family Star excuse me. Family Matter star Jill ol White Arkle, Yeah, Arkle is shedding light on his fame. The actor who played Steve Arkele from eighty nine to ninety eight revealed in his upcoming memoir called Growing Up Arkle that they told him you have to wear looser jeans to hide your big bulge. Wow, that's the greatest thing.
Speaker 2: Imagine you've never been told that.
Speaker 1: No, They're like, hey, could you tipen up a little bit? Because you pack it up? You do something? Why do look like goes inward? That's what they say to me. Why do you have a camel tooe? Why is it? Yeah? I'm like, no, no, no, it's not White recalled show executive telling him to ditch his suspenders and high waisted jeans because I guess his dog was too big.
Speaker 2: Why does he say that? Yeah? I mean, why did you put that in his memoir?
Speaker 1: I would love to have to write that in my memoir.
Speaker 2: You could. Who's gonna know, who's gonna question that?
Speaker 1: Everybody that knows me in the history of the world.
Speaker 2: True, and dude, I won't say anything.
Speaker 1: I swear, Yeah, it's everybody else in the world. So Jelo White shout out to you. Thank you guys for listening. We'll see you guys later on. This week we do have the two lanehead football coach and what a year. I mean, it's rocking and rolling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty good last couple of years.
Speaker 1: So hopefully we'll get him on later on. We've got a couple other things possibly later on, and I think that's it, all right, blow it up, all right? Thank you to see you next time. Theme song written by Bobby Bones, That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bone Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at Producer Ready, Segment producer at Kickoff Kevin video producer at Redrberry, an executive producer at Mike Diestro, but most importantly, thank you for listening. Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time. Here on twenty five whistles