Speaker 1: All right, it's Brooke and Jeffery's second date classic update. It's me Ashton in the studio by myself. They're all home, and they just gave me the free reign to do whatever I wanted today. So I'm thinking I'll probably drink some of Jose's old coffee he's got left sit in as desk. Maybe steal some of those sour pash watermelons that Alexis has her desk. Just steal one of the many credit cards that Brook has laying around in hers.
Speaker 2: And while I do that, you.
Speaker 1: Guys can enjoy this classic second date update. Enjoy I love you.
Speaker 3: Why is it best friends always make the worst matchmaking decisions when they're trying.
Speaker 2: To set you up.
Speaker 3: Amen, They're like, what, he's a great guy, he's just got a weird roommate that he's quote unquote legally married too, with several children.
Speaker 4: Yeah, god for you, Yeah, it's perfect for you. You guys would be so cute, all right.
Speaker 2: Get the Oh she's super annoying. Her laugh is so obnoxioal, just like your Can you imagine.
Speaker 5: Us together in a room?
Speaker 2: Then, oh my god.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners had the shock of a lifetime when her friend tried to set her up on a date at the last minute, and as she walked into the bar that night, she knew immediately there had been a terrible misunderstanding.
Speaker 2: Still though, she gave it.
Speaker 3: Her best shot, and you're gonna hear what happened in a second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 3: If someone sets you up on a blind date, what are the worst possible case scenarios that could come of it? Like in the first five minutes they asked for a job interview at your company.
Speaker 2: I don't know you would like that.
Speaker 4: I mean I thought of worse things in my head than that.
Speaker 3: I didn't even get you in it, Like yeah, driving the getaway car and they do the bank.
Speaker 4: Heist, I mean, how are they.
Speaker 2: Let's say they were really.
Speaker 7: Hot, I mean a fast driver.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's excited.
Speaker 3: Maybe you realize halfway through dinner your date is just three children standing on top of each other.
Speaker 2: They're in a trench coat. It happens more.
Speaker 5: Than you think.
Speaker 8: Hey, you guys want to go play Fortnite's not a best case scenario for Jose, but one of our listeners, Janelle said she had the worst possible thing happened after she was set up on a date by her friend.
Speaker 2: To us today.
Speaker 9: Wait, you know, worse than the three children on stacked on top of each other.
Speaker 5: It's so much worse than that.
Speaker 2: Five children, five toddlers, a baby, dude.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're stopping at your page.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's stop guessing. Why don't you tell us the story. You said a friend set you up on a blind date.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so one of my friends at work, she was a happy hour.
Speaker 5: And there's this two guys.
Speaker 11: Okay, she's setting there and she wanted me to hang out.
Speaker 4: Like a waiter at the happy hour place. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 10: No, he hangs out there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: For Brook, her biggest fantasy is like making away with one of the staff with the help.
Speaker 4: Fantasy reality job.
Speaker 2: Okay, who was she trying to set you up with?
Speaker 10: Well, this guy named David. She's like, he's a real cutie, So why don't you come up here and just try your hands?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: This is like a spontaneous date that she set up while she was out somewhere already.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so I get up there and one got cute of course, and we get there and it's not busy at all. So once I walk inside the door, I immediately lock eyes with It's gotta be David.
Speaker 11: And guess what what.
Speaker 10: I know David already because he has experimented three years ago.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's work.
Speaker 9: So she knows your type because it is your type because you've dated him before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh no, is that good or bad?
Speaker 11: Awkward?
Speaker 12: Because he kind of just.
Speaker 10: Disappeared on me three years ago. He texted me like and just you know, gid my walking papers be.
Speaker 3: It text ox was d bye, We're done. Yeah, at least he messaged you. A lot of guys wouldn't even have the dunity to do that.
Speaker 9: I love how that's still a positive. Like, how long did you guys hang out for three years ago?
Speaker 11: Just for a few months.
Speaker 10: It wasn't long at all, but just kind of by you know, wow.
Speaker 3: My god, So how did your friends find out that this was your ex?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I just kind of blurted it out.
Speaker 11: I was like, uh, I dated him before?
Speaker 4: Oh my, oh what did they say?
Speaker 10: Everybody was just embarrassed for me and was he kind of pulled me to the side. And he's apologetic.
Speaker 11: He said he wanted to explain to me the reason, but I.
Speaker 12: Didn't want an explanation.
Speaker 4: Like, oh about why he kind of ghosted?
Speaker 10: Maybe there was a good explanation was yeah, well kind of just let me know that he wasn't ready for what I was looking for at that time.
Speaker 3: He was busy studying to be a doctor. To say, it's usually not the excuse was something worse than that.
Speaker 9: No, yeah, I think he had other ideas of what he wanted to do with his time or who.
Speaker 2: Probably most don't lie about that stuff.
Speaker 9: But did he do the thing where he comes crawling back because now he's seen that there isn't anything better in the dating world.
Speaker 10: I can't say that, But what I can say is, after a few dreams we talked about making out, I mean.
Speaker 3: Talk about making about making out.
Speaker 4: Who brought that up?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 5: He was kind of one of my best makeout partners.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, so I'm totally disappointed that it was David when he showed up to the bar.
Speaker 3: You can make out, though, but you've gone from like I cannot believe I got set up with this horrible x of mind to talking about you're the best makeout I've ever had, so.
Speaker 4: Then calling us to call him again.
Speaker 12: It isn't funny, how light is.
Speaker 4: What happened that night?
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, guys, I'm going to shock you with this one.
Speaker 5: We made out.
Speaker 2: You don't say.
Speaker 4: You went back to his place? No?
Speaker 10: No, no, he fit me home in an uber like I was on cloud nine?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: You want the uber? Was he like? See she's getting I thought this was your.
Speaker 2: Stop asking to make out with me and go home. That's a good point of like we're saying, congrats. Did you want to leave.
Speaker 6: With him or no?
Speaker 10: Of course I wanted to leave with him, Okay, but he was trying.
Speaker 2: To be responsible.
Speaker 4: Did you really think at the end of the night you would hear from him again? I was hop Okay, you were Okay, some people grow, you know.
Speaker 2: Have you tried to contact him after that night happened?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You have?
Speaker 4: How many times? And it was time of day.
Speaker 10: The whole history has a repeat itself. Apparently I didn't learn my lessons because he's not responding again.
Speaker 9: Okay, And why do you think us calling him is going to make a difference, Because we're not her bro.
Speaker 10: He'll be honest, like, I'll learn something from this.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're still willing to give this guy a chance after he ditched you, not once, but twice, or this.
Speaker 2: Will end the cycle.
Speaker 4: Yes, that toxic.
Speaker 3: Don't trust the gen Z on what's toxic and not.
Speaker 4: There's a lot about gen Zer, but don't trust Alexis.
Speaker 2: She just set it four boys before we started. But you know what, we're gonna try this. We're gonna do this for you.
Speaker 3: You know, we're gonna call David, who's technically one of your exes, and see if he's willing to give it another shot with you.
Speaker 2: I hope he remember to what's happening. We're doing it with our second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Hold on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Second date updates.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us, this is definitely an unusual one for second date because we're kind of reaching out to Janelle's ex boyfriend David.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's a kind of about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the return of the Dave because they dated.
Speaker 3: They dated three years ago when he suddenly ditched her over text message.
Speaker 2: So fast forward to today.
Speaker 3: At a random happy hour, they accidentally got set up on a blind date, which of course was very awkward when it first started, but after an apology and a lot of drinks. They were in a much better place. Yes, even ended up making out again that night, which I.
Speaker 4: Mean, your ex is at a bar. Who isn't going to make out with him? It's how you say?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now Dave is being shady once again, shocking, So we need to call him and figure out once and for all what's going on?
Speaker 5: Brooke?
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on this situation?
Speaker 4: I just think you know already what's going on.
Speaker 9: But I get it, like chase, it's a chase. It's why doesn't he want you? Like?
Speaker 4: That is totally understandable.
Speaker 10: I'll never know unless how about that?
Speaker 2: Okay? Well, the two times that he told you no.
Speaker 9: The thing is she wants an answer that he hasn't given her yet.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, maybe a radio show calling will help give him some clarity and realize that you're the one for him.
Speaker 11: What exactly?
Speaker 4: I still think there's something there. You're hoping he grew up? Okay?
Speaker 2: The dating world has really messed you up?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, there's some optimism in the room. Let's give David a call see if he answers. I'm down the number right now. Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk to David. Yeah, hey David, brace yourself because you're on the radio right now.
Speaker 4: Hey David, Yo, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: What is this allowed allowed?
Speaker 6: That's all required. It's part of our show.
Speaker 2: As long as I tell you that you're on the radio, then it's legal.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Not funny. It's very easy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll beat stuff if you swear.
Speaker 3: This is a segment that we do called the second Date Update, where we try to help one of our listeners reconnect with somebody that they had like a romantic spark with.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, and.
Speaker 3: This is a woman that you actually have a lot of history with, but you met up with her again recently at a happy hour named Janelle.
Speaker 5: Oh why does she want?
Speaker 4: Oh? So that was like, what does she want? I'm so excited?
Speaker 3: I mean the short answer is like, what she wants is to see you again.
Speaker 13: Oh no, yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 9: Oh well, yeah, were you excited to see Janelle when she walked into the bar?
Speaker 5: No, that was super awkward.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 8: In her defense, she was like, oh no, I've dated him, and it was like it was awkward for her too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: It was awkward for the people in the room too, when they all found out that you guys had.
Speaker 2: Been together before.
Speaker 5: Yeah so yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: I mean totally understandable. But Janelle said that after you guys hung out for a little bit, after you had a few drinks, things seemed to settle in more.
Speaker 2: And you even apologize to her.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, I mean, like, I don't like that I semi ghosted her and it's not like who I am, you know, I don't mean.
Speaker 5: To do that.
Speaker 4: It's kind of what you're doing again because.
Speaker 3: Well he doesn't like that he's doing it again. Yeah, it just doesn't make him feel good, but he will do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean, like, look, I know I told her I had grown, but like I don't want to date.
Speaker 4: Wait, you don't want to date or you don't want to date her.
Speaker 13: Just in general honestly. Oh yeah, I mean she I know she wants to lie, settle down and have kids, and like we talked about that, but I don't. I don't want to do that. I don't I want to be single. I don't want to disappoint her or anything.
Speaker 9: That is like such a hard thing for women to accept, and I don't like I think that you're totally valid for saying that, but like so many times, women can be like, well.
Speaker 13: But if you do it with me, you know, I can see us having plans on a Friday night and then a buddy calls me up and is like, hey, you want to go hang.
Speaker 5: Out, and honest to god, I would ditcher.
Speaker 13: It's an unfortunate circumstances, like I won't make her a priority.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it's because it's mature that you know that, and you can like say that, but.
Speaker 4: It's not mature that the.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't care, like whatever judgment call you want to put on it. It's who I am and I admit it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, somebody says who they are, you gotta believe.
Speaker 8: Them absolutely, at least you're saying it.
Speaker 2: Some people just ghost.
Speaker 13: Well he was doing was I mean, I was going to I was going to a texture, but that classic.
Speaker 2: Text love that thing.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to ruin your plans to text her and bit her, but we need to tell you she's actually on the phone right now wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 9: Why.
Speaker 2: It's different energy than I thought.
Speaker 3: Hi, how are you Jane Janelle?
Speaker 2: You heard what he was saying.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, I mean, but what could be so bad? David like me?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait are you not listening to him?
Speaker 10: I mean, if you wanted to hang out with your friends while we were hanging out, all you have to do is say so you can do that?
Speaker 5: Oh god, seriously, Like you don't mean that. Yes, it will be no issue.
Speaker 9: No, this is like I'm a cool girl, walk all over me.
Speaker 4: I don't do that.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to be understanding.
Speaker 9: I have to be understanding with someone who will make you also a priority.
Speaker 2: Yes, respects you.
Speaker 13: I mean you want to be understanding.
Speaker 5: Understand that, Like, I don't want this?
Speaker 10: What exactly don't you want there?
Speaker 5: It's crazy.
Speaker 13: I don't know. You want to be in a serious relationship and I'm looking for a very much more casual thing.
Speaker 5: I don't think you get it.
Speaker 11: I have a lot of clothes I can put on.
Speaker 4: That's a good spin. That's a good spin.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I don't know if you like who I am. I really don't.
Speaker 12: Oh what, You're an awesome person.
Speaker 11: What is there not to like about you?
Speaker 5: I don't want to do that though, I don't want to look.
Speaker 13: I buy my phenails and I eat them all right, and I put the big ones.
Speaker 5: I keep the big ones in a little box.
Speaker 9: Oh God, what the flexibility it takes to be able to do that.
Speaker 10: We'll just work on healthier coping mechanisms. Like that's all.
Speaker 2: Huh, he's trying to.
Speaker 5: Get rid of her.
Speaker 11: There's so many other things that you can chew on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's politely as possible trying to steer you away from a bad situation.
Speaker 4: But I wasn't. To her credit, I don't know.
Speaker 9: When we talked to her, she didn't say she wanted a big relationship with you. She literally said, I just want a couple more dates.
Speaker 13: Like yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 10: I don't think you will eating baby or anything with you.
Speaker 13: I don't think you get me.
Speaker 5: Like I'm super lazy.
Speaker 13: Okay, Like I pee in the backyard instead of.
Speaker 5: Going upstairs to go pee in the bathrooms.
Speaker 11: Nothing wrong with that?
Speaker 2: What God?
Speaker 4: Now, pick up your self respect, it's on the floor.
Speaker 11: I'm not a quitter.
Speaker 5: I am not a quitter.
Speaker 3: Janelle is still into this after the toe biting and the backyard defecating. We love to send you guys on another date that we would pay for and.
Speaker 2: Probably did you halfway through for his friends.
Speaker 3: I know the answer is yes from Janelle already, so we needed to get an answer from you, David.
Speaker 2: Would you be willing to see her one more time?
Speaker 5: No? You know you're great. Seriously, you're great. It's not you with me.
Speaker 12: I just don't want classic.
Speaker 3: Well, Janea, I'm sorry, but it looks like we're not going to be able to set you up again with your ex boyfriend.
Speaker 2: That is the universal sounds. That's the title of Janelle's entire dating life.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I have a lot of hope going.
Speaker 9: Did you?
Speaker 4: I mean, before we even called him, I didn't have hope.
Speaker 3: What rekindling an old relationship worked for j Lo and Ben Affleck. They look absolutely miserable whenever they're around each other, and both of their careers are tanking at an astronomic Go great, yeh together, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: But they phoned the Dunkin Donuts commercial together, Brooke.
Speaker 9: Okay, it is literally the only good thing that happened, and that was mostly because Matt Damon was I was just gonna say that.
Speaker 3: Well, they could have had their Matt Damon Duncan Donuts commercial moment. Unfortunately, someone wasn't willing to give it a chance.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a stickler. He is his own ideal.
Speaker 2: So you lost me the analogy. So she needs to date Matt Damon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we'll go with that conclusion.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Reach out to him next, and we can reach out to anybody that you want us to. You just have to call us and we'll call that person not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcast out Broken Jeffery.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bo Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: On a dinner date, it's not totally unheard of to ask the waiter if you could switch tables.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's pretty normal because.
Speaker 3: Maybe the leg is wobbly, or maybe it's right below the air conditioning vent, or maybe you just want to be less visible to the security cameras so they can't see what's happening under the tablecoth.
Speaker 5: The play.
Speaker 3: But in today's call, none of those explanations seem to fit for why a guy asked to switch booths halfway through a date.
Speaker 2: And we were.
Speaker 3: All stunned when we finally learned the actual reason he demanded to switch locations. Did not have it on my Bengo card. I'll tell you that you'll hear it. A second date update next.
Speaker 6: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Second date update.
Speaker 3: If you go out on a really good first date, it might end in a little kiss. It could end in a tender hug, or, if you're lucky, a three way chicken fight with your parents.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: Sitting on top of each other's shoulders inside of a pool.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners says she got something else at the end of her night, a two word whisper in her ear, and she's not sure really what it meant.
Speaker 2: It's anything, so let's talk to her.
Speaker 4: I just cringe, think you.
Speaker 3: It could be something really nice and romantic, Baby Angie, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: I'm very curious about this whisper.
Speaker 3: But before we get to that, first, tell us the guy's name and how you met him.
Speaker 9: Whisper it to us, Nichola, No more whispering, No more whispering.
Speaker 2: Until the actual whisper happened. How about that the.
Speaker 6: Car their radios down or out there?
Speaker 2: I don't know me, Nicholas, how I.
Speaker 11: Mean, it's kind of embarrassing, but we met on plenty of Fish, which I know people don't even use anymore.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think there's actual only fish on their question.
Speaker 4: What drove you to plenty of Fish?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 11: It's just one of those that, like I said, up a profile I don't even know how long ago, and then I'll get in a relationship and I'll get off it. But like I can just go reactivate it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, some question. Does it even have an app? Or you have to use a browser?
Speaker 2: I don't even know. It only operates over facts.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, I thought it still was printed out on the back of the weeklies.
Speaker 2: That could be.
Speaker 3: But the important thing is that you matched with this Nicholas guy. So tell us what did you do for your date?
Speaker 11: We went to dinner. We went to a tie place, which is one of my faves, so that was good.
Speaker 9: Did he remember that it was one of your favorites because that's always like really nice too.
Speaker 11: Well, I picked it, so that made.
Speaker 2: It deserves credit a little bit for going along thing. So let's get it.
Speaker 11: And I'm a lady who knows what she likes and it's pad tie.
Speaker 2: Awesome. So what did you think when you first saw each other.
Speaker 11: I mean, I feel like we hit it off. I mean, I will say dating kind of sucks, and I feel like a lot of time they get like flirty to the point that you're like, all right, dude, calm down, Like they'll ask you for sexy pictures before you've even met. And he didn't. He was more like soft spoken, more like a like a nerdy type.
Speaker 4: But it was cute and he was respectful of your boundaries.
Speaker 3: Wow, so a nice guy. That's sweet and considerate. I'm surprised you didn't unmatch him immediate, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's really funny.
Speaker 9: Was there any like, I don't know, moments of real flirtation that happened.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it felt like a good first day for the most part, but like I don't know, they'd be like I'd ask him a question and there'd be like a five second delay and then he would go and the answer and it wasn't weird.
Speaker 4: At all, but like just staring at you for the five seconds.
Speaker 9: You know, though, some people are just bad at timing in a conversation. Have you ever talked to somebody who like takes really long pauses and you're like, wait, do I go do we not go like, maybe his timing is just a little off.
Speaker 3: Maybe what are you talking about me?
Speaker 4: Sorry waited to answer.
Speaker 2: So I like to think of it as I'm just a good listener.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I was done talking.
Speaker 11: I mean, he was checking his phone a lot, So I wonder if maybe, like maybe I thought I was boring.
Speaker 12: I don't know, you know what, I think this is mind blowing to me.
Speaker 8: He does something that I could never do, and that is think before he speaks.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking Google before he speaks, Google.
Speaker 2: Beast.
Speaker 4: I know that he's having a I listen.
Speaker 2: In the same thing.
Speaker 11: It was one point, like early on, after we sat down, like before we had ordered anything, he was like, oh man, it's really loud over here, and he was like, do you mind if we moved to like the back where it's choire And I was like, no, that's fine, and I moved us up.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know. I think I honestly think we're over thinking it.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking what jose was thinking, like, if this is a really sweet, nice guy who's trying to come off like he really cares, he might take a second to try and come up with a really good answer to your questions.
Speaker 2: I mean blurting stuff out.
Speaker 9: The whole point is that the awkward pauses didn't bother you, right, No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 11: Say they bothered me. I just it was weird, was noticeable because.
Speaker 4: They probably didn't bother him. That's how he communicated to him.
Speaker 3: He was like, that was a normal back and forth totally so overall pretty solid date. I'm really really interested though, in the end here when he whispers something in the words, I want to know.
Speaker 4: If he waited five seconds before he did the run us.
Speaker 2: Through what happened there.
Speaker 11: Okay, so end of the day, we were like outside of the restaurant about to go our separate ways. I give him a hug, and when I hug him, he whispers in my ear, good.
Speaker 7: Job, good job, good job.
Speaker 12: Yea like sums up good job.
Speaker 2: Well, that's weird. Maybe he just doesn't know how to end a date, like.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was any dialogue that came out. Maybe he was talking to you.
Speaker 3: Is it like the thing where you're you're wanting to be like hey, good date, or like in two words, that you mix two things together and accidentally say something awkward.
Speaker 4: It could be the whole reason he's not calling you back because he's like, God, what did I say that?
Speaker 11: I mean maybe, but like even after he said it, I was like, wait, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: What did he say?
Speaker 11: He just he put his finger to his mouth, like like it's our secret.
Speaker 12: But I have no idea what he was talking about.
Speaker 13: What is happening?
Speaker 9: That is pretty romantic, But anytime a man puts his finger to his I don't like that.
Speaker 4: It's creepy. Anybody nobody should.
Speaker 2: So have you texted him since the date ended?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 11: So we were, you know, we were. We had like a cute little back and forth before the day, you know, we'd like send each other memes or whatever, so like I did that, but no, I have not gotten any response.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, something's up. We're going to come back rate that's not okay. We're gonna call this plenty of fishing, and we're gonna see what he has to say when we come back and get you your second date update.
Speaker 6: Right after that, broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Second date update.
Speaker 3: It's the two words that every little boy is dying to hear from his unapproving father.
Speaker 2: Good job, Yeah, proud of your son.
Speaker 4: We're proud of you Jeff, that's not.
Speaker 3: Exactly what a woman wants to have whispered into her ear at the end of a first game.
Speaker 4: I thought we were going to go into jeff therapy session.
Speaker 3: We do nearly enough time, okay, But it's what happened to our listener Angie after she hung out with a guy named Nicholas the other night. He gave her a hug and then softly said, good job.
Speaker 8: In her girls are not happy about this.
Speaker 2: She wasn't either, right. I don't think any woman would be happy about that. But we've got a lot.
Speaker 3: Of questions about the good job, about some of the other weird stuff that was happening during the day. Angie said she's willing to look past it if she can get another chance with him, because he seemed like a great guy.
Speaker 4: You said that he was.
Speaker 9: Like a little reserved, a little nerdy, Like those are some of the quirks that come with nerdy, you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean that's the thing though, Like it's so hard to meet an actual, nice, respectful guy, and I just feel like he.
Speaker 12: Was and I'm assuming I messed up, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You think you messed up, and that's why you like.
Speaker 11: Literally it's the person who called in that messed up and, like I said, maybe thought I was boring.
Speaker 3: I don't know, becoming self aware.
Speaker 4: No, you don't like that?
Speaker 2: Are you cool?
Speaker 3: If Nicholas has an unapproving father, is that okay?
Speaker 11: I think I can deal with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: It'll be something Jeffrey and he can bond about it.
Speaker 2: Let's call him. I'm a Dalla's number right now. Let's see if he picks up.
Speaker 3: Hell, he is this Nicholas. Listen, Nick, hey man, thanks for answering. You are on a radio show right now called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show, Nicholas, How are you man?
Speaker 5: Good morning? Why Why am I on a radio show?
Speaker 4: Great question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I don't know. Have you ever heard of something called a second date update before?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think so. I think so.
Speaker 4: Oh you have Okay, congrats.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: Who we are.
Speaker 2: Now you get to be a part of one.
Speaker 3: So the way that it works is one of our listeners has reached out to us hoping that we could get a hold of you.
Speaker 2: A girl named Angie.
Speaker 5: Angie's trying to get ahold of me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, do you remember her, you guys wing to ty food.
Speaker 4: The other night.
Speaker 3: She's hoping that she can maybe get another chance to hang out with you again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I don't. I don't think that's going to work out.
Speaker 2: Really, Okay, it sounded like such a good date.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but before you even go there, Nicholas, I'm just gonna let you know. She said that she really liked you and that you two shared a good vibe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I thought Aye was nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she didn't mention that, actually, Nicholas. She mentioned a few odd things that happened on the date, and she wasn't sure if maybe those were early signs that you weren't interested in.
Speaker 9: Her, which actually turns out could be true. At this point, at first we thought she.
Speaker 5: Was nuts, But well, well what what did she What did she name?
Speaker 3: Well, like we just mentioned, there's like a delay in your responses a little bit during the normal conversation.
Speaker 8: Almost like you're intently thinking of what you're gonna say.
Speaker 5: A delay.
Speaker 2: Okay, almost happened again.
Speaker 9: I think he doesn't noticed that is a part of your conversation.
Speaker 4: That's fine, that's okay.
Speaker 3: And also she said that you had to move to a quieter area and I'm just going to let you know what the room thought when we heard everything. The room was wondering if maybe you had AI listening in on your conversation to help you respond to your date, because you were checking your phone a lot too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I don't know who the room is, who's the who's the room?
Speaker 4: It was mostly Alexis.
Speaker 5: Oh you people, okay.
Speaker 9: Because when we talked to her, you know, we all give our ideas like, oh, maybe it could be this, maybe it could be that.
Speaker 2: These are just theories.
Speaker 3: So could you just be honest with us and tell us did you do that? Were you using AI to assist you?
Speaker 5: I was having some help on the date, but I wasn't using the AI some.
Speaker 9: Help on the date, help from your phone.
Speaker 5: I was on the line with my ex and she was. She was on the line with us the whole time.
Speaker 2: Your ex.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I I mean sometimes I just need help. So she's kind of like a security blanket for me.
Speaker 9: Oh wait, you date, did you have like earbuds in and you were listening to your ex at the same time you were listening to her?
Speaker 5: No? No, she was just not mute, like she couldn't say anything. She wasn't coaching me. I just wanted her to hear.
Speaker 8: Everything, So she's kind of taking notes and then later you will call her and she will go over the notes. Here, that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: Volunteers to listen to hours of your dates?
Speaker 2: What what a kind woman.
Speaker 5: Well, it's part of our post breakup growth.
Speaker 2: Agreement, post break up growth agreement.
Speaker 4: Wore in that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we mutually agreed upon and I listened to her dates too on occasion. It's just we help each other get through our past breakup and move into a new one. So it's healthy and very healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's a very conscious uncoupling.
Speaker 4: Just doesn't like your new dates.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, that's a good point, because he said sabotage.
Speaker 5: You know she was not a fan of Angie.
Speaker 3: Okay, well she was, But how did you feel about her?
Speaker 5: I was enjoying myself, but she mentioned that she seemed like a try hard, and then when I was thinking about it, I think that she might be kind of a try hard.
Speaker 6: Whoa wait, wait.
Speaker 9: Don't you want people to try hard on a first day?
Speaker 11: Excuse me? How was I a try hard?
Speaker 4: That's coming in hard?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Nicholas, you might find this funny, But your ex girlfriend and Angie have a lot in common because she's actually been.
Speaker 2: On the phone listening in on this conversation.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's not that's not fair. I didn't I didn't know that. I didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Angie didn't know her X was listening to her.
Speaker 2: Either plays to be judging, but say hi to Angie, but she was.
Speaker 5: Hi, Angie, there you go.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 11: I'm mean, you're saying this is a healthy thing. But you also said your ex is your security blankets, so it doesn't feel like you're ready to be dating other people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, in most relationships, people don't have the right closure and then they hold on to the past, and so this is a way to move on to my future.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're not moving on.
Speaker 11: You're literally still relying on your ex to make your decisions down there.
Speaker 5: You're dating, Well, we spend a lot of time together, so she knows me really well, and she sees things from the opposites X that I might.
Speaker 12: Not see, and maybe you guys should be together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it's not. It's not like that. We're not romantically involved whatsoever. It's just we have a year left in our post breakup growth agreement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a long time.
Speaker 2: You're kind of each other's life.
Speaker 9: Coaches, Really, can you just recap the date with your ex instead of.
Speaker 4: Time.
Speaker 5: Well, see, there's trigger words and things that she'll say, like well that the red flag that I don't typically see.
Speaker 3: This does make sense now why he whispered good job at the very end of the date. He wasn't saying it to Angie. He was saying it to his ex girlfriend who was listening.
Speaker 12: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 5: No, I was talking to Angie. I did whisper this job because I thought that we were going to get to go on another date, because I enjoyed myself and I didn't want my ex to hear her.
Speaker 4: Nicholas, so you're not.
Speaker 12: To go out with me again and you hearing me.
Speaker 4: I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 9: I actually think Nicholas is over his ex. I think your ex Nicholas is not. And I don't think you're seeing that correctly.
Speaker 5: I mean that's a possibility, and I and I kind of agree with that, but we still have our agreement and I have.
Speaker 10: Okay, what are we talking about?
Speaker 9: And if all she could come up with is she's a tryhard as the biggest red fla. Oh man, that's a weak red flag.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I didn't try that hard.
Speaker 11: I didn't even save my legs for that day.
Speaker 3: There must be some claws in your contract with her. They'll let you get out of it when you find an amazing new girl like Angie here.
Speaker 12: Because I have a question, what if I had put out on the first date, which you have been listening, Oh my god, our.
Speaker 5: Date, whether it's supposed to go over an hour and a half. I know we were already pushing it at an hour forty a.
Speaker 2: Time if you wanted to.
Speaker 3: He was already breaking the rules a little bit. Yeah, so the band aid's starting to come off.
Speaker 2: Or he's like, hold on, let me ask my ex, Hey, can I sleep with this?
Speaker 6: Angie?
Speaker 3: Just real quick, first, are you still interested in meeting up with Nicholas again after what you know?
Speaker 11: Are you insane?
Speaker 2: There's no way, Oh I thought you were okay?
Speaker 9: No, Jeff, that would have been wild if she said, yeah, let he breaks the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Angie doesn't want to extend the offer anymore. So Nicholas, we're not obviously going to give you another date with Angie here, but funny.
Speaker 2: If his girlfriend has been on the line this whole time too.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, wait she is?
Speaker 2: She on the third line?
Speaker 12: What's her name?
Speaker 11: Let's say hi, Reok and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: So his ex was on the phone on mute, listening to the entire date for an hour and forty minutes, taking notes, and she said no.
Speaker 7: I mean that's shocking.
Speaker 4: I really thought that that was gonna work out too.
Speaker 7: I tried to call my ex over and over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and she's gonna answer.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with her?
Speaker 7: I don't get it, Jack.
Speaker 3: I guess the fascinating thing to me is if she would have said yes. Could you imagine that conversation where Nicholas is really excited and he calls you, like.
Speaker 2: Hey, great news, we get to go out again.
Speaker 3: My ex gave you the thumbs up, first one in six months.
Speaker 9: Congrab She proves it really did sound like Nicholas was over his ex and his extras isn't overhead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like no girls him or something. Yeah, whatever it is, it is a messy situation. Did give him away at the wedding.
Speaker 4: She's still hoping that she is the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, reardless we find out.
Speaker 3: But speaking of messy situations. Our social media YouTube TikTok, Instagram messy. You could see all of our second dates on there, and those are messy for sure. Make sure to comment, like, subscribe at Brook and Jeffrey. We appreciate all of our listeners and if you ever need help in your dating life, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.