Speaker 1: From Los Angeles, phprk Lton and one and only famous Perez Perez Hilton. Hi, guys, welcome to our PHP. My name is Booker, his name is Perez. How do you do?
Speaker 2: No chit chat? Well, a little chit chat, But I'm not going to tease more than just two things because we might not get to more than just these two things. But it's a lot of big things. Obviously, we're going to talk Grammy Awards, plus Blake lifely and Justin Baldoni. A lot to discuss there, but briefly, brief chit chat one. It's been four days and my very latest TikTok account has not been taken down yet. Wow, if you're bored my latest one, the only one I'm using is Perez Hilton thirteen. Simple Perez Hilton thirteen. Maybe look at number thirteen and then the other thing. I am just shocked. We've had such a growth in our Patreon in the month of January. Thank you to everybody that's signed up recently. And if you go to patreon dot com, slash Perez Hilton. This Thursday on our Patreon exclusive show, I have a huge exclusive scoop that I can't share publicly and we'll only talk about on the Patreon.
Speaker 1: Wow, will it hold till Thursday?
Speaker 2: Yes? It is. It is about Blake Lively and Justin Beldoni.
Speaker 1: Are you sure it's gonna hold till Thursday? That is a roller coaster ride that has turned.
Speaker 2: I am certain it will hold. It is that exclusive? Okod good Patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton. And I'm not I'm not. I am not over hyping it. It's fucking good. Okay, that's all Patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton. All right, let's get right to how are you all good? Thanks? Get to the ground perfect? All right, Well, let's start with the fashions. It's a lot of people are talking about what Kanye West's wife wore. I'm not against nudity. I'm all for it if done tastefully. Like I think of Rose McGowan when she went to the VMA's decades ago now with Marilyn Manson. She looked hot as fuck. Seeing Kanye's wife with a tacky fur coat and then taking it off and being fully nude underneath like the thinnest sheer material. It just it felt sad. I felt sad for her. I know, she's getting paid, so at least she's you know, making a good amount of money being his wife. She's on the salary, but still, like she just emanates sadness. I have a lot of empathy for her. And to contrast it with Rose McGowan, you know, Rose felt like a boss and in charge and sparkly. There was nothing sparkly about Bianca Sen.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's an interesting way to put it. Sad because yeah, I didn't take joy in looking at it. I think there's a time and a place for nudity. That to me is just straight out nudity, and I'm like, that's not really fashion, it's just sort of It felt very tacky to me. But it's Kanye and Kanye Company, so you know, what do you expect?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were some great fashion moments though. I love Chapel Roane looking like a work of art, literally like she was out of a painting. I loved that, and I loved the makeup and I love that it was very her. Loved Sabrina Carpenter giving us Marilyn Monroe vibes or Madonna material girl vibes. Yeah, and like that was the that was like the she nailed it. Like that was very sexy but still classy at the same time. Super sexy, like oh my god, like ill, she could have a nip slip.
Speaker 1: She's like a little pin up, you know, but yeah, not in a trashy So she's very cute and dainty and uh, you know, bigger hair, like she said in her little package. She just has bigger hair.
Speaker 2: Loved tailor, dressed in her chiefs red and wearing literally a tea for Travis in her her thigh area like a little piece of dangly jewelry. You probably didn't catch that.
Speaker 1: I saw it.
Speaker 2: That was super cute. Dough Chi looked amazing, Miley looked amazing. These are some of the highlights. Now let's skip to the show itself. I want to do it a little differently. Maybe we can do it at the same time. We'll count down to three and we each say who our favorite performer was. We haven't discussed the Grammys.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let me think for one second.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know who mine is. You don't know who your favorite was.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm just thinking over all of them.
Speaker 2: I easily know. Okay, go ahead, three, two, one Carpenter.
Speaker 1: Great, she was the perfect launch to the show. It was so old timey and classic and but yet the song is so contemporary. I mean, she just blended two worlds together perfectly.
Speaker 2: Not only was it great, I was like closely watching it was literally flaw free. Like I was like, did any moment go wrong? Did she sound pitchy here? Did she have a wardrobe malfunction? Like flawless? And I literally was squealing like it elicited so much joy out of me. It made me so happy, you know, in a way similar to Chapel Roan. You know, Sabrina has been working at music, though not as mass in mainstream as she has before last year, and all of that practice and the touring and everything really paid off because it was just it was impeccable. I think I will I will go so far as to say it was one of the best Grammy performances I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: It was great. I agree with you, it was a great performance note for note.
Speaker 2: And actually Sabrina was the perfect person to start talking about because my big takeaway from the Grammys was, yes, it was long. There are some people I probably could have trimmed out to keep it under three hours. To keep it to three hours, that extra thirty minutes is not necessary, but I still felt joy watching it, and it reminds me why I don't even give a fuck about the Oscars anymore. I don't care. The Grammys is the only awards show that I care about, and I still enjoy watching my second favorite. Might surprise you.
Speaker 1: I think I got it.
Speaker 2: I don't think you do. Okay, fine to what Charlie Docci.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed her too, I did. I thought she was great, Doci. What a star making performance it was.
Speaker 2: That was confident, sexy, creative, iconic, like the ending with her name and every I was blown away by. I'm a big Doughchi fan to begin with, but for her to have that moment for a discovery for people who may not have known her before she delivered and she left me inspired, it was just sensational. Briefly, we don't need to like spend a lot of time going through all of them, but I have him in order, the all star band at the open with fucking Lane the most.
Speaker 1: This is the show and what it's gonna be. I know they had the DAWs on the fire Aide Show too, and you're like, this guy's getting more looks this week than he ever has in his life. But the whole I Love La is a song that people love in LA and nowhere else.
Speaker 2: I only know that song because of Chris Jenner. That wasn't the Kardashians. I didn't know that. Okay, Chris Jenner did her own version of that song and a music video too, and it was pretty. That's the only reason I know that song anyways. Then Billie Eilish really opened the show. And I love Billy's music and she's so boring live, but that doesn't mean that she can't still grow as a performer. The direct parallel to Billy Eilish, and I say this as a fan, you can't hate on me because it's true. Harry Styles used to also suck live, but then he said, you know what, I'm not going to suck live anymore. I'm going to embrace being a rock star. And when he got that level of like just not being embarrassed or just like Steck confidence, he fucking became magnetic. And I think Billy has that in her, but there's just something still shy about her.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Billy's going backwards because as a kid she was that I know.
Speaker 2: I know, and now.
Speaker 1: She's I don't know if she's just bought into this. I'm a really credible artist and it's the Grammys, and you know, I can't go out there and just ball out like Charlie XX or someone like that. And maybe the song's not that conducive for it either. And I get it. They had the whole background with the woods in LA and flashing back to pictures of them in the woods in Los Angeles. I think they were kind of trying to tap into that, and I understand it, but I won't disagree with you. I was pretty kind of bored during the performance.
Speaker 2: I think she's just self conscious.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that. I don't think she's self conscious at all. She's pretty like bold. I just think it's the song, and I think it was the tone of what they wanted to do. Being from LA. I think that just has something to do with it. And that song's not a banger by any means. It's a huge hit.
Speaker 2: Even if she just fucking stood there, didn't She didn't. She moved around. But even if she just stood there, she could have still been more magnetic, and she wasn't. Anyways, Let's keep it moving after that was Sabrina Carpenter. We talked about her. We haven't talked about Chapel, who was after Sabrina fucking loved Chapel. She was finally, finally, the best live TV performance she's ever done. And here's why. I know. She was still nervous. I could still sense a little bit of nervousness, but at one point in there, she surrendered to it and just started to have fun, and she sounded amazing and it was so queer and it was just really beautiful too, because that's the song from the video that's gone viral of her performing in a little park with nobody watching. And she got dropped from her label after she submitted them that song, and she didn't give up on her dreams. And look at her. I'm the Grammys winning Best New Artists performing that song ten years into her career, and she nailed it. It was big. She even did a little choreography for the for the first time, which excites me that she's open to that, because I think that could be the future for her. She really is kind of a Lady Gaga type of personality.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was watching new Lady Gaga for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm so excited for that. Then Benson Boone, I told you he would do to me.
Speaker 1: It's such a mom song, you know what I mean. It's like a Minivan song. But he comes out like Freddie Mercury to it, and it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And he gave us, you know, he didn't fly in the air, but he gave us Heidi Klum and Nikki Glazer ripping his outfit off, and it was a moment. He didn't fly in the air with the piano, but he did have Nicki and Heidi rip off his outfit and have a fierce body suit on underneath, and he nailed it. He's solid A. Not an A plus okay, but an a solid A. Look.
Speaker 1: There's some performers they give the big budget too exactly mean, and he's just not at that. He's not the caliber of artists to get that. But he took what he got. He got like c staging, but he made an a out of it, and that's why it's great.
Speaker 2: They didn't even give him a full amount of time. I don't think it was like a slightly abridged time. They lumped in so many of the best new artist performers together Then was Doci. I already talked, we already talked about her phenom A plus. She didn't have that much time, but that was a a plus plus phenomenal. Teddy Swim's solid. The guy's got talent.
Speaker 1: God does he have talent.
Speaker 2: Shaboozi a good be but tells you a little bit. They're like, oh, I enjoyed watching his mom be emotional more than maybe his performance. But that was really beautiful. Ray fucking Ray giving me total Amy Winehouse vibes, like just connected to some other worldly spiritual just magical, just wow wow wow. I love I've always loved Ray. Then came the first disappointment of the night for me, Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars. They had this huge song that was a huge hit and was nominated, and they didn't fucking do it. Instead they did a mom was in the Papa song, which couldn't they have done both?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was weird the choice. I like you. I thought, oh, they're gonna seg into their song and yeah, no, it's weird.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying this because of my past with her. I can be objective in a way. Gaga has become a caricature of herself. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: It does? It does? I mean, and I don't know, did you.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it. That's coming late. I was doing the performing. Yeah, anyways, it was not bad. It was just a disappointing moment. Then was the weekend also disappointing, but not bad.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say I was disappointed. It was exactly what I would expect from him. Yet the same performance.
Speaker 2: Again, it was disappointing in that they rehearse, they they watch it back before the night and they know what it's going to look like. It was too dark and there was way too much smoke. It was distracting. I could barely see him. Maybe that's what he was going for.
Speaker 1: That's what he's going for, That's what he always goes for.
Speaker 2: Then came to Quincy Jones tribute God. Cynthia Arrivo just literally like perhaps the greatest vocalist alive. I mean maybe not, I mean tibe is Selene, perhaps an Adele, but Cynthia Arrivo just you can't even train to be that good. It's just a gift. She's just born with that gift and she works hard at it too. But sensational lady Wilson fabulous, Stevie wonder cool, Janelle Monney tried a little too hard and didn't deliver it. It was not bad, not bad, but you know it was fine. Chris Martin Fine, Shakira. I liked it. I liked it because I'm a huge Shakira fan. And I liked how she switched up the Spanish language, the new one, the new one she did, an old one and a new one. I liked the new one she did in a completely different way. Solid a minus, I would say. And then Charlie XCX the best she's ever been on a TV performance.
Speaker 1: She came in like a bad ass mother. Look, everybody has bells and whistles and staging and lighting and whatever. She just comes out of a limo throws a glass. And when she walked out on that stage and shook that ass and turned it around, it was like, Wow, that guy, she's got it.
Speaker 2: She was giving rock stars, she was giving. Yeah, I loved it. Now there are some memorable moments as well. I'm such a sucker for a family moment when Doci won and brought her I'm almost gonna start crying over it, because it's not just you, it's the people around you and beautiful, beautiful and shouting out Tampa, asked a musician ever shouted out Tampa and the Grammy Awards before. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: All the labels to go to Tampa. There's a lot of great artists there.
Speaker 2: Uh. Then Kanye. Right on this moment, news started to trinkle out that Kanye was kicked out of the Grammys. Turns out he was not kicked out, even though Entertainment Tonight reported that he was. They eventually took their post down. He just went and did the carpet and left. Bizarrely, maybe that was the arrangement, maybe because of Taylor Swift. Taylor said, you know, if Kanye is going to be there, I'm not going to be there.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe he just wasn't invited.
Speaker 2: No, he was invited. Yes, he was nominated, He was nominated and in that's the very latest that we're hearing this morning. So for some reason that we don't know yet, he decided to just do the carpet and leave. My speculation is because of Taylor Swift. You know, if Taylor said, if Kanye is there, I'm not gonna be there, especially because you may not have seen this prior to the Grammys. Over the weekend, Kanye who is allowed to be back on Instagram and yet I'm not officially allowed back on TikTok. Kanye is back on Instagram. He unfollowed everybody that he was following and followed only one person, Taylor Swift, and then he as if that wasn't that would have gotten attention by itself. He posted an Instagram story to let everybody know what he did to draw even more attention to it. After everything that man has done to her for two decades, I absolutely believe Taylor might have played a part in his not being at the actual show.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: You know, if Taylor's team said, if Kanye is there, Taylor will only do the carpet and leave, you won't stay for the show, they would have uninvited Kanye.
Speaker 1: I just don't see that.
Speaker 2: I do after what he did that little stunt over the weekend, I.
Speaker 1: Could just keep him on another side of the room and that'd be the end of it.
Speaker 2: But you're not naive. If Taylor's team said to the Grammys if Kanye is in that, I don't think they would do that. But if they did, I don't think.
Speaker 1: They would they would react to that. They're not going to care about one person's beef with somebody else. They're the Grammys. They're there to celebrate music. They're not there to be fucking high school gymnasium teachers.
Speaker 2: You're being purpose. You're smarter than this. You do know if the if, and I'm not saying it happen, All I'm saying is if Taylor's team went to the Grammys and said, if Kanye is in that room, but you.
Speaker 1: Said he was invited, yes, well that might have been he was going to be there.
Speaker 2: Taylor might not have known, this might have been before he did. All that.
Speaker 1: Lives her life worrying about Kanye West or her team. I don't think they care one bit. All Right, he looks like a child, Okay, And what's she supposed to do? Go tattle every time the child it's going to be in the same room with her. Not buying it? Just don't buy it.
Speaker 2: Well. In other news, I was very happy to see Chapel Roone win and I liked the message of her acceptance speech about treating artists better and giving them a livable wage and health insurance. It just wasn't delivered as well as it could have been you know, if you had it written down and you've been dreaming of this moment. And I say this with love. I fucking love Chapel. Yeah, you could have delivered it a little better.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. And it's funny that we talked about earlier about having your chops right, and you know, Sabrina Carpenter with her chops and the years it takes Chapel roone of doing something, being a speaker and speaking into a microphone and understanding how to command a room with your voice is a certain talent that's different from singing, different from performing. It's its own sort of performance art in itself. And she just hasn't had the opportunity to do that much. And every time she's done it on a red carpet even fail fair. Yeah, so you know, it's like one of those things. Until she feels like she wants to get better at it, she's probably not gonna get better at it.
Speaker 2: That's true, very true. I watched so many of her red carpet interviews and they weren't that articulate either. She needs a few more years to be a better public speaker. And I love myself and I love our listeners, but I love myself because you know you miss this. God fucking a Well, It's we're almost done with the Grammys, but I'm slightly jumping ahead because of everything Blake Lively related. A lot of people have been attacking Taylor Swift. Why because of the Blake Lively association. Because people think that Taylor Swift was really involved in that movie. They think she got somebody fired. They think this, They think, you know, she's friends with a mean girl, she's the mean girl herself. All this shit.
Speaker 1: I mean, you just did a story where you're saying that she would have somebody kicked out of awards, So.
Speaker 2: Not just anybody Kanye West, so what whatever. Anyways, what I was going to, what I'm saying is you missed that in my videos. But I think you would agree with me on this, Okay, if I got if there was accurate reporting, Okay, if there was truthful reporting from credible sources, or if I found it out myself, I would report it. I'm not afraid of the truth. I love the truth, but I don't want to be spreading rumors or shit that I don't believe. Right, even if I love somebody and even if I love somebody, I could still be critical, Okay.
Speaker 1: I could read your mind in what you're going to say. And if it was fact that Taylor Swift did do something like that, you would report it. Yes, yeah, I don't disagree with that, Okay, until their management called and asked you to take it down? What you would because your tickets for her future concerts would be in jeopardy. I know you better than that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would take it down, No, I got it here. No, I would have a conversation.
Speaker 1: You have a conversation that would end up you taking it down.
Speaker 2: No, I'd be like, you know, I'm a writer, die for Taylor, and you know I'm one of the few out there that has been defending her. And that's true. Anyways. I was just saying that because I love Chapel. I love Chapel. But I don't know if you caught this too. A few months ago, she made this big deal I think it was in Rolling Stone about not being a sellout and not doing brand deals. Her songs were featured in two fucking commercials. They featured femenomenon in the Annabelle two trailer or teaser, and then she was even fucking featured in a Marshall's commercial. You're gonna tell me, I mean maybe, oh yes, Chapel Roone loves Marshals. Was she in it?
Speaker 1: Or was her song in it?
Speaker 2: Just her song?
Speaker 1: And those are rights deals, and when you make a deal with the label, you don't have control over that, typically as a young artist.
Speaker 2: No, that's not how it works the songwriters. I do know this for a fact. With licensing sink deals, you will not get the rights to a song if the songwriter does not sign off on it. She is the songwriter to both of the songs.
Speaker 1: But if she made a deal with the label, in her deal, you don't know what the I'm just saying, you're jumping ahead. You do not know what her contracts is.
Speaker 2: That's not how it works.
Speaker 1: Every deal is different, and every deal, especially for new artists. Once again, you're speculating.
Speaker 2: I'm not speculating how the industry works until.
Speaker 1: You show me a contract, until you show me something factual that says that didn't happen. You're speculating.
Speaker 2: I'm not speculating. Prove it.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I'll sit here all that.
Speaker 2: Talk to any professional song writes, every contract with every label and every artist.
Speaker 1: Is actually individual. They have different lawyers, they have different deals, they have different commands. I don't want to argue that I know too many artists. I know how this works.
Speaker 2: There. I've never once ever heard of a deal where the label can override the artists and say, even if the artist doesn't want their song, it's.
Speaker 1: Buying a percentage of publishing. It's how it works. And at some point you do get to say what you can do with some of this publishing. It could be the to the chagrin of the artist. They may have to eat some crow and things like that. Once again, I'll give you this. You could be right, you could totally be right.
Speaker 2: No, you're wrong anyways.
Speaker 1: And by the way, want to back up for one seconds. When you spring up the commercials. A lot of the commercials were donated last night, the time and the money to go to La Fires and to go for those people. So I don't know if it wasn't a part of that. If you're seeing it outside of the Grammys, then okay, you might have a point.
Speaker 2: It was a Marshall's commercial.
Speaker 1: During the Grammys.
Speaker 2: During the Grammys, they didn't do those kinds of deals. They did, like, oh, I'm admirl Levine showing up at the skate park.
Speaker 1: A lot of people will waive their rights when it goes to a good cause. If Marshals came and say, hey, we're going to give a million dollars to fire aid La, would you like to give your song for that one commercial that's going to add to the Grammys. And if she says sure, why not? I'm all for that. Could that happen? Yes, answer that question, yes, I will keeping that's it.
Speaker 2: That's all. It didn't look like a different type of commercial, just saying all right, well, speaking of selling out, and this is that because they've they've had a partnership before last night, Okay, Lady Gaga and her headache medication Nertech migrain or whatever.
Speaker 1: She used to do a fibromyalgia commercial and I was like, I saw that one last night and I was like, now she's got migrains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she's got a lot of issues. Then MasterCard presented an extended commercial which they just handed over to her to play her brand new single called Abra Cadabra, and I actually want to hear what you think of the song.
Speaker 1: I think it's just okay, and I don't find it to be anything that like jumps out at me like poker Face or just Dance. You know, those songs were just thick with hooks, but it sounds like, you know, a regular kind of gay dance song. And do I think it's going to be this big hit. No, So that's kind of my thoughts.
Speaker 2: You. I, I probably dislike it more than you. I give it a solid be minus, A not a seed. Yeah, okay, you give it a B minus.
Speaker 1: Made me give a grade. Before you said it, I would have said be B minus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I give it a being minus. It's just it's like she's trying so hard to be weird and to be and to like evoke this feeling of early Gaga, and it's it's just not as good. There's not like the magic specialness about it. And it's not bad, but it's like it feels like a cliche. It just it's just to be minus.
Speaker 1: It just feels done. And it not only does it feel done, there's so much money on top of it being done, with the video and the gloss of it, all the horses out of the barn right, Like she's done so much. She's not just that dance club girl Charlie XCX can pull that off that she's just that dance hall girl that's young and drinking in the whole thing, because that's her. She's brat, that's the thing. Lady Gaga has done so much. She's toured with the Old Guy and everything else in the movies, and it's just hard to kind of unpack all that she's done to say, hey, let's try to believe that she's into this dance music thing again. I don't know. It just doesn't play for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then I was really surprised that with all of the competition, Kendrick Lamar won both Record and Song of the Year. Record is for like the biggest most popular song, and Song of the year goes to the songwriters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we screwed up because we should have done just an exclusive show, just guessing what we would have thought. But I wouldn't. I would have went with Beyonce with Texas Holdham. But I think what happened in this case is it's real simple. There were so many incredibly great, perfect pop songs this year. I mean, when you look at Chapel Roam, when you look at Sabrina Carpenter, when you.
Speaker 2: Look at Billie Eilish.
Speaker 1: Right, Billy, anybody in that category. Birds of a Feather's a perfect pop song. There's so many perfect pop songs, and yet there was one perfect hip hop song, and I think a lot of them canceled one another out because that's what happened. You said, well, that's the best of the genre. I could see myself voting for that, and it's a great song.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a record or song of the Year though, in my opinion, but we young people like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's that songs everywhere.
Speaker 2: And then also, I mean, I guess I'm not surprised Beyonce one album of the Year.
Speaker 1: I called that, you remember I called that? Yeah, you should give me credit. I called that the day it came out. I was so mad that jay Z was whining like a baby last year at the Grammys that his wife never got Album of the Year. It upset me so much because I was like, she finally made an album that, in my eyes and ears, that I thought was actually worthy to be the Album of the Year. And it's almost like he's strong arming the Academy and mentioning that, and I get it. He did it for his wife, and it's sweet and all, but I knew it was going to happen. It is a magnificent record in so many different ways. With all that said, I still can't believe it one country album of the Year. I don't know a lot about country music. I know how big Lady Wilson is, I know how big the artist star, but I admittedly don't know the.
Speaker 2: Music that well.
Speaker 1: But that's not a country record. It's like she said, it's a Beyonce record. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I was a Grammy voter, I would have still voted for Chapel Roone. That was a much better album in my opinion. For me. I loved the Beyonce album. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: I mean those songs, I mean Bodyguard, I loved it, Miley the about the four of five in Texas hole and being a juggernaut. I mean, there was just there's like six insanely great songs on that album.
Speaker 2: I kept going back and back and back to the Chapel album, and it was healing for me in so many ways, and it just resonated so deeply and it was so epic from start to finish. There was not one throwaway song on there, and you know, but I'm not a Grammy voter.
Speaker 1: And Beyonce and I should mention Blackbird her doing that song on that album. It's a perfect album song of the year, I think is a It's like one of these who knows, you just throw them up in the air. Taylor got nothing, though there's something we hadn't brought up that.
Speaker 2: Isn't She's gotten more than enough. It's all good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a great record. It's an album of poetry. You know, there's no hits on it. I've been saying it since it came out, there's no hits.
Speaker 2: I was a little annoyed Beyonce didn't perform though, you know. Yeah, agreed same with Taylor, even though I know why Taylor knew she wasn't gonna win. I think you're right, so she didn't want to perform, right.
Speaker 1: Taylor made the record, she wanted to make good. You know, I don't think she expected awards, and maybe that's why she didn't feel the expectation to perform it that night.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, speaking of Beyonce, before we moved to Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni, she just officially announced her cowboy Carter Stadium World Tour. Not that many shows all over the world, just twenty two dates only doing the US, no Canada thus far, some London shows, some Paris shows, and that's it. Twenty two dates. Initially there might be more shows added, probably because it starts in April in Los Angeles with four shows at Sofi Stadium and it ends currently in July. You know, I get she's a mom, she's got kids, but she could extend that through at least August.
Speaker 1: She just did so far too. I mean her last tour she did that, you'd think she'd hit some other places.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good point. That tour was in twenty three. Wasn't that long ago, right, But she took a year off, so it's not like you know, some artists might tour every year.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying the fact that she's doing that many shows here, which she could have spread it out and maybe have taken it to another city or part of the world that you know, we just saw her.
Speaker 2: Good point. Good point. All right, let's get to the Justin Baldoni and Blake Lively drama. I will set it up as quickly as I can. On Friday night, as I was getting to the Cosmopolitan here in Las Vegas, and so excited to after a long week, enjoy a nice meal with a friend who was joining me from Los Angeles visiting me. I fucking got a text message that Justin Baldoni filed an amended lawsuit against Blake Lively with new allegations and a timeline of events that's so detailed, with so many previously unseen receipts, text messages, emails. I have so much to say. I said, you know what, I'm not going back home. I'm going to try to be as present as possible and enjoy this meal, and I'll start attacking it tomorrow morning. And I did not sleep for twenty four hours. I literally made like close to thirty videos.
Speaker 1: I heard you were marathon videoing. I don't know on what format, but I heard that you were all over.
Speaker 2: I've repeatedly said I'm not team Justin or team Blake. I'm team the truth. However, and I quote, if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. And after I literally read every word in this amended lawsuit, it is painful obvious to me who the oppressor is. And I must condemn Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds. Wow, their behavior from even before filming began, from pre production to shooting to post production, was despicable.
Speaker 1: Can I stop you there? Yes, this is your thoughts are not what he's alleging. This is from receipts that you can see from what he's provided. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, after reading everything and reading not just what she said and demanded in her extortion, but also his respect, I just like the amount of goodness in this man and restraint in him. If these people were doing these things to me, I would have not been texting so calmly and like, you know, uh, trying to rise above. He rose above. He never was cutting these people down, even amongst collaborators, texting his editors, texting his producer, texting his publicist. It's just.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it's astounding.
Speaker 2: It's beyond I've never seen so. Okay, a few things today. There will be more developments because today in New York the lawyers will be meeting up. It's also possible that one of the parties might show up too, Maybe Baldoni will be there, maybe Blake Lively might show up. So there will be developments.
Speaker 1: This is what shocks me out of all this what she did this, Yeah, after everything that she did for no reason other than she got some bad press, and this the whole rollout of the movie and everything was a debacle, and sitting him downstairs, everything it was all at her hands and for her and him, I guess to take this to the next step knowing what actually happened, that's damning.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like it's I'll say it.
Speaker 1: It's maybe career ending.
Speaker 2: You know what. I agree. I didn't think that. Prior to this weekend, I kept repeatedly saying she will be fine so long she stays married to Ryan Reynolds, and he'll be fine too, because he's an a lister. I'm not so sure anymore. And what's so fascinating, I've had so many people say the same sentiment over and over and over again over the last week. A. I didn't even watch the fucking movie, and I'm so invested that people say that I didn't even watch the fucking movie and I'm so invested. Right, and B they didn't even know who this guy was. They had no idea who Justin Baldoni was. And now, thanks to them, in some ironic twist. He's an a lister now because of what they've done to him.
Speaker 1: You're right, he consistently took the high Yes. I always talk about this. If you do it long enough, people will pay attention that you've been cruising on the high road for a long time and you should get your credit for it. And it sounds like he finally is. You know, I think with all of the text and everything that was said, he knew he was dealing with actors and actors are crazy.
Speaker 2: No, actually he tried.
Speaker 1: He tried to.
Speaker 2: We need to think Blake lively because if it weren't for her obnoxious over use of texting, we wouldn't have all of these receipts. I could tell so many times, Hey you want to hop on a zoom? Hey, let's you know him to her like his preferred method of communication is not texting, but hers is. And thanks to that, we have a treasure trove of receipts. And I love receipts.
Speaker 1: Do you think she thought that he would use them or no?
Speaker 2: No, she just thought that she would get her way.
Speaker 1: I think she believes that all this stuff. I don't not believe that she doesn't think that this happened. She probably does because she's insane. She's an actor.
Speaker 2: You know what. I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: People tell each other these things. My question is, did the husband ever pick up the phone and say, let me see these texts. Let's have a third party, just roll through this and let me see if anything here. I would run the flag up the poll for no one did that.
Speaker 2: I disagree. I think she. I think she knows what happened, and she purposely twisted and or exaggerated or live.
Speaker 1: He wasn't alleging anything from the beginning. He was quiet as a church mouse. He was taking his whippings. He didn't do any No.
Speaker 2: Let me finish, let me say, so that she could get control of the movie. Oh that's why.
Speaker 1: Are you The ultimate goal was to get that.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what she and and she did and she'd and like reading everything, oh my god, even it's just like I'm it's like, wow, I gotta calm down, Like even reading all of the emails from Sony. First of all, what's shocking is this happens all the time. It just doesn't see the light of day. And it's and it's disgusting that the system, showbiz and ables this kind of unprofessional behavior. Yeah, she wouldn't get away with this if her husband hadn't previously gotten away with it, right, and if other actors like The Rock and others get away with this kind of just blackballing and diva more than diva, just disgusting behavior.
Speaker 1: But it's the whole idea of this industry being so high and mighty, and just how everybody is so self righteous in Hollywood. These are the worst people on the planet. The people that run these television shows are the worst people. The people that run these movie Harvey Weinstein type people. They all are so consumed with their own power and they have one thing going. They know people will literally lay down, take off their clothes, spread their legs, do whatever they can to be famous and to be known and to be loved and seen by other people. That's the ugly truth of what the fuck this is all about. And this is just an example, like you're opening the door. You've done this for goddamn two decades and you're still opening the door, and you're like, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Reading the emails, Sony was not There was some Sony text too, but a lot of Sony email I literally read every fucking thing. Sony was just they were what's the word, they were just you know, over her too.
Speaker 1: They were just overwhelmed by all. Yeah, they like, we just want to get this movie, mate, exactly, just get this movie made.
Speaker 2: But like, if you're her, like, aren't you worried about burning bridges?
Speaker 1: I think it's the power thing. I think you think that you are. It's that whole dragon's thing. Like if that dragon sentence doesn't say at all, like who she thinks she is, that's it. And that's why I say. And I'm not trying to ruin anybody's career here. I don't care what anybody does.
Speaker 2: I really and I agree with you. I agree with you.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be real, real hard to get the stink off of you when you weren't an a lister to begin with. Exactly, we make a parallel to the Grammys last night. Look, Will Smith had his reasons and whatever happened at the Oscars, and I think there's a lot of things that were going on behind the scenes with him and his wife and the podcast and all that other stuff. And I think there's a lot of pent up in whatever. Not dismissing what he did, he still assaulted a man on TV. And to see him last night still and I know he loved Quincy Jones. To see him, I want to forgive. I totally do, but I'm not gonna lie and say, man, it's still I still got this weird feeling when I see him, and I don't want to, you know what I mean, Like, I don't want to, but I do. And I'm like, that's what it's going to be like for these guys. It's gonna be hard to see them outside of this light.
Speaker 2: I agree. I want to get to a couple more things before we move on. Can we skip calls today? Sure? Okay, let's get calls because there's a little bit more that I do want to talk about. I literally like my brain exploded. I almost It was really late at night, so I didn't scream, but I wanted to start screaming. The most audacious thing that Blake Lively did? Has this come across your desk yet?
Speaker 1: I've seen so much I don't actually know which one you're talking let.
Speaker 2: Me tell you. And I think when I ask our listeners, what do you think is the worst thing of all that she did? What comes to mind? This is mine, and I had not heard this before until the amended lawsuit. And actually, I'm going to put a pin in it because today they're in court. I mentioned that the New York Times already responded to it. Some of the new allegations that they claimed was, oh, they were in cahoots at the New York Times, because we can tell by the metadata, which I talked. The New York Times actually said that's not true. The metadata is incorrect. It's generated by Google. It doesn't matter. The point of the amended lawsuit was just to drop all the receipts, which he did. It was just to have an excuse to have more information out there for the public before the judge could rule on the gag order. And the website, the lawsuit info dot com is up. Also so thankful that this is now all out there, all the receipts. At one point in post production, Blake Lively, who was not the director of the movie, demanded that Sony move Justin Baldoni's film by Justin Baldoni credit. She stripped the man of his directing credit. What the fuck.
Speaker 1: It was his movie? She hijacked it. I mean, I think we knew.
Speaker 2: That, but I mean you. But at this point, here's the thing. At this point, all of the behind the scenes machinations was still secret. The world had it known, right, and it could have stayed that way, But she did so much that it became unable to hide it anymore. Because of what she did, because of her keeping him from the rest of the cast and everything, she took his directing credit away. Despicable. Also, yet again, I mentioned in.
Speaker 1: This lost sound you are yes, good for you.
Speaker 2: I was previously. I was previously mentioned in Baldoni's lawsuit against The New York Times, right, but I was not mentioned in his lawsuit against her. Then when they amended the lawsuit and I did a lot more, I was mentioned in that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Very quickly because I know we're running out of time. Despite everything, and despite social media being on his side. The Hollywood Reporter, which I would think you would agree with me, I think the Hollywood Reporter is a very credible publication. The Hollywood Reporter has shared that Justin Baldoni has been fired from his next project. He was supposed to direct a big budget movie, a live action adaptation of pac Man. He was going to direct that No more.
Speaker 1: Well, look, and let's look at it and be fair. You've got this property that you want to make, and you've got this other thing that's got this stink all over it. Whether it be his fault or not his fault, maybe you just kind of want to get out of the way with it. And fired is a little bit of a it's a it's a harsh word.
Speaker 2: He's not directing it anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, it's reality. You're right. But I think at the end of the day, I still think a phone call probably happened like, look, you're too hot right now, this is hot. We have our own art. We don't want to be involved. I think there's some of that.
Speaker 2: Well that sucks, and listen, I do think the only I do still think there is a way forward for Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, and that is to use all of Ryan's money from the mobile company and the liquor company and his marketing agency. They're going to have to just produce their own movies from now on and finance their own films, and if the public goes to see them, then they can continue to do that model. But otherwise it's going to be really tough, all right, very briefly, just to end things on a positive note, I was so happy to see that during at Zaan Mallick's recent concert in Los Angeles, his One Direction bandmate Louis Tomlinson was there to support. It sucks that this awful tragedy happened, but one positive thing to come of this is that all the boys really have reconnected with each other and are really there for each other. So that's that. We'll see you guys for an exclusive Bombshell on Thursday at patreon dot com. Slash Perez Hilton thank you for your support.