Speaker 1: Hello, it's your favorite sports thunk here.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to hit that subscribe button to join the fastest growing community on YouTube. Remember, Nightcap doesn't happen without you, so please subscribe or you're gonna make Ojo crack. But back to this Lebron and Pat McAfee. Like you said, o Joe, we're not used to seeing Lebron James sit down for an extended period of time.
Speaker 1: Normally, like when.
Speaker 2: He's in the finals or he's in the playoffs, he would sit down. That's like five that's like ten minutes.
Speaker 3: And it's always it's always basketball related to he's literally talking about other stuff going on in life. He's being vulnerable, letting people in something he's never never ever done before. Players like that of his magnitude, of his status, that allows the world in the public to see what he wants you to to actually sit down for a change. I guarantee you if they were to do the numbers on how many people watch that Pat McAfee show, I bet it's astronomical crazy because it's something he's never.
Speaker 2: Done right, and uh, you know, and and to see like you said, to see him, but that just lets you know that he and for me looking at him considering that he had ever ever done anything like this before, to think about how many people have criticized him. Yeah, and he's never ever done it before. So that lets you know he had gotten to a place that he's like, I've had it up to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't know if he knew.
Speaker 2: I don't think he knew Steven A was gonna come to the game, but he had it in his mind if he ever saw Stephen A, he was gonna step to it.
Speaker 4: But he got stephen a number, He get a texta call him. If there was an issue, you get a texta call him. They communicate with each other, obviously they have some some some some sort of relationship.
Speaker 1: No they don't. You don't think so? No, Okay, well I'm bad. No, But like you said, I mean you mean no, they don't. Now as opposed to no, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think they've ever had a relationship where they pick up the phone and they talk to each other like that. I don't think they've ever had that type of relationship. Do I think they've been cordial to each other. I remember I think I saw something on an old clip maybe with YouTube, where Stephen they actually sat down to the interview Lebron. But I don't think they're in a situation where they like picked up the phone.
Speaker 1: They have each other, they can call each other like that. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if any Lebron is maybe teammates. It could I could be wrong, I could be wrong. I could be totally wrong. But I don't know if Lebron has his number or he has Lebron's number. Lebron is, you know, very very very Lebron rocked with who.
Speaker 1: He rocked with.
Speaker 2: And I think once you get to this level, if you had, if you have a developed a friend by now, Lebron James ain't letting you in his circle. It's really that simple. So he got his friends. You know, Rich is his agent, Maverick is his steps the chief of staff. Mav is one of his business partners. I'm trying to think who else he wrought Chris Paul. He's very close to Chris Paul. I think he's the grand grand godfather to run a CP three then I think if vice verds are the same thing with CP. But other than that, I don't think Lebron has a whole, a whole lot.
Speaker 1: Of what we call.
Speaker 2: I look at those guys like I look at Bucket, like I look at Bucket and Burns. He ain't got a whole lot of Bucket and Burns in his life. You ain't got a whole lot of you know, TJ, your boy, you rock with TJ t O, you ain't got a whole lot of them. Yeah, And I look at Lebron, and I think Lebron is kind of like that. But hopefully, hopefully, hopefully everybody's made their point. Yeah, Lebron was upset what he said, Stephen. They said that what I was trying to say. Sometimes things get lost in translation. It is what it is. But at the end of the.
Speaker 1: Day, I think we've got a We've got a lot of juice.
Speaker 2: I think both have kind of squeezed that orange jojo Yeah, and got a lot of juice out of it.
Speaker 1: And then Lebron took aim at Wendy.
Speaker 2: Brian Windhorse said, this guy says he's my best effing friend.
Speaker 1: These guys are just weird.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Wendy's ever said I think Wendy went to the same school he went to Ojo.
Speaker 1: I don't think when I've never heard and I could be wrong. Guys.
Speaker 2: Hell, I was on I was on Undisputed for seven years. I didn't hear everything Wendy said. As a matter of fact, I didn't watch anything on anywhere. All I watched was the games that were on his find. I don't watch any of the debate shows. I don't watch any of the shows.
Speaker 1: That do what I do.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna be talking about something because I don't want what they say to creep in what I'm going to say, so I don't watch. So Wendy Chad if he said that he was Lebron's best friend, I apologize, but I don't recall, and if I misspeak, I apologize to you guys. But I don't believe Wendy has said that he's Lebron's best friend. I think because he's covered Lebron for so long, and I think they went to the same school, Saint Visus, Saint Mary.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 2: I think he said I might probably know him better than anyone else.
Speaker 1: But I don't get why. I mean, he would say that about Wendy.
Speaker 5: Man, You never know.
Speaker 3: I think I think, like like I said, Lebron is probably Lebron is fed up. He's he's he's on I'm not saying he's on the way out the door, but he's on the tail end of everything. And now he's opening up a little bit more, doing things out of capsule that he normally wouldn't do, which is giving the people what they want, letting us in, you know, giving giving us a glimpse of what's inside the world and mind of Lebron King James and I enjoy I enjoyed it. I hope he does more of it. I hope other athletes do more of it. You know what I wish Lebron. I wish Lebron was like Jeff t have you ever heard? Have you ever sat and listen?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lebron would it would be It would be an honor for him to take a page out of jeff Te's book and be that bone over and open and just just just give it, just give it to stories.
Speaker 1: I would love that. Yeah. Lebron talked about his relationship with MJ.
Speaker 2: While he still has immense respect for Jordan, the pair don't talk much these days. I think that would change when he retires from NBA, saying jordan intense competitive spirit is why the two don't talk much. Now we all know MJ, even if you don't know him personally. He's one of the most ruthless competitors there is. And until I'm done and he doesn't have to look at me run up and down that court where in the twenty three every time my name is mentioned, it is mentioned with his He's like, I don't want to and talk to you, do you, Griocho.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's dope, that's dope list and that's a competitor. The competitor nature in MJ. I think it's understandable, especially when it comes to him. I think he's he's not closed off. But MJ and Kobe are like in a sense. MJ and Kobe are like in a sense. I think their relationship will be much better and a lot closer once Lebron is done playing. Yeah, they go play all together, go play golf together, smoke the cards, you know, have a little have a little one, whatever it is that they do. But right now, while Lebron is actively playing, I don't think him and the MJ just outside of playing the game of basketball and being successful businessmen, there's not much for them to talk about right now.
Speaker 2: The only friend I know, Jordan got it? Oak, I mean, okay, this got now. I've been around Jordan a little bit and he is ultra competitive. First thing, I mean, I will, Hey, you want to play cards? No, I don't want to play cards, because you know Jordan games. You gotta come down at least a hundred one hundred, one hundred grand two hundred grand in cash.
Speaker 3: You don't play.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, I said, bro, you're nothing to have me. You're nothing to have me living on the streets. I love my house. It ain't Jeorge, But I ain't trying to keep up with you. No, No, I don't. I don't play no five fifty thousand dollars a hand. Hell no, no, bro, Bro, guess what as long as they make shoo with that logo, you got money coming in? I ain't in the NFL no more. I ain't got no more money coming in. You know, I was thirty five. Then I can draw my pigeon at sixty two. So I got five another five years before I could get that o' chobren before I take a pill of it. Hell now, I ain't gambling with you. As a matter of fact, I'm mad you asked me that. You know, damn well, I ain't got no money. No let I woulda let you and I'm let you, oh, because I think they play guts.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like bout ray. You ever played Boe Ray? No sir, no sir sir or in between?
Speaker 2: But noah hell now he also U Lebron talked about Jiannis on p MAC. You trying to tell me Johanna wouldn't be able to play in the NBA games in the seventies. Johnis would have had two hundred and fifty points in the game in the seventies.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you, see you transporting Janni's today back then? Right?
Speaker 2: Do y'all really know what they did? Did y'all see those fights? How many people got to go down the lane? See the stuff that they called They called a foul. Now that wasn't no foul. There was nobody getting suspended for slapping the issh out of somebody. There was no I mean, there was no I mean waited. Karl alone put forty four stitches in Isaiah head. You still think you want to come down the lane? Do y'all remember the finals in eighty four when Larry when Larry Birt, when who was that Kevin McHale snatched Kurt Rambasan's Out the Sky and it wasn't a flavor.
Speaker 1: It wasn't nothing. If nobody it was suspended.
Speaker 2: You can't take the modern play because, oh Joe, you're talking about technology and you talk about the modernization.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you transport Yannis today and put it back then, looking at you as yea, what player couldn't what player?
Speaker 2: If I take oh Joe, if I take you today, you know what you know and the technology that you've been able to develop, and put you back in the seventies, man, oh Joe was killing.
Speaker 1: Yes, modernization, that's unfair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think from it, just like it's unfair. One more thing, oh Joe, Just like it's unfair to say, oh, man Jordan play today he averaged fifty. Let's how about this. Let's leave everybody in the era in which they played Yanni's plays in the twenty tens and twenty twenties. Lebron has been in the two thousands to twenty tens and now the twenty twenties. Let's leave everybody that because it's unfair. It's unfair. Look, I get it, and it's.
Speaker 1: A conversation, but come on, because we're robbed.
Speaker 2: We're not being fair to the guys that played in that era that was great, right, Because it's almost like if you talk about these guys like you're trying to minimize them, and I get mad at the old guys for trying to minimize the current players. Guys, you were great. Nobody's trying to rob you of that. You were great. These guys are great, the guys in the sixties that were great, the guys in the seventies were great. Guys in the eighties, right, But it's unfair, oh Joe, I mean.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I understand what Lebron was saying. Obviously he is is exaggerated a little bit. But if you look at the players from back then, I know, just being honest from a technical standpoint, from a physical standpoint, I know what they did in between the lane and being physical and you know, slapping and punching all that. But if you're thinking about Giannis and Jannis today, it oh my goodness that it's.
Speaker 2: Called technology, Oh Joe, you got an opportunity to work on things guys didn't have. It didn't have modern medicine, they didn't have technology. Think about when you rupture the achilles. You were done. You tore knee, you were done. You had that big ass Balki knee brace that big done joy on.
Speaker 1: It's different.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: We got modern medicine, We know how to eat, we know how trained. We have personal trainers and busio. Those guys in the sixties and seventies and eighties didn't have the money to have all of this stuff, Lebrun. When you're making fifty million dollars in basketball and another seventy five eighty million dollars off the court, you could have a chef that prepares every meal to your specifications.
Speaker 1: You can have a physio.
Speaker 2: You can have a Mike Massias as lebron as an excuse me as Jordan had Tim Grover, Tim and Tim and I.
Speaker 1: We still we text a lot now, but it's different. It's not.
Speaker 2: That you try to compare this era to that era or that era to this era.
Speaker 5: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: The Cavaliers blow out The Lakers won thirty four to one ten and Bronnie James scored his first NBA point and his dad watches from the bench. Jared Allen scored twenty points, had seventeen rebounds, Evan Mobley had five points and Donovan Mitchell had twenty four points. The Lakers were led by Lebron James, who played only twenty nine minutes because the game got out of hand. Anthony Davis continued his great play, having twenty two points and thirteen rebounds. The Lakers were unable to cut the Cleveland lead after falling behind by twenty three in the first half. In the final minutes, Bronnie grew up in in this arena. He made a fourteen foot jumper with two minutes and three seconds to play for his first NBA points.
Speaker 1: He's only up a little lover forty thousand from catching his dad swish.
Speaker 2: When you watch this game and considering how well the Lakers had played, even though they lost the other night it was last night. I think last night they lost by four to Phoenix, but they won the previous three. When you look at them, the first three games, last night and tonight, what didn't you like about what you saw from the Lakers?
Speaker 5: I mean, for me, it's it's it's a lot about Bob movement.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know.
Speaker 5: For one, I mean, bron is what.
Speaker 1: Forty you're about to be forty? Yeah, about to.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So for me, it's like, at the end of the day, like seeing him lead the charge is concerning and it's alarming because obviously, you know, you need a you need an extra guy, you need an extra guy or two. But to be doing it that his age is, it's incredible. But at the same time, he shouldn't have to be carrying a load like that. And for me, what's alarming that that is when you look at the guys who've been working out all season long, off season long, been in the gym, like this is the time, especially earlier on in the season, this is the time where you you know, you start displaying so further on down the line, down the road, middle of the year, end of the year, they're like, Okay, we can trust this guy. This is this is where he's been, you know, this is where he's been excelling. For me, being being in those situations, I don't see that from their role players, the guys they brought back, like where are you getting better at? Like what part of their game are you evolving to where Okay, we was lacking this part this year last year. I'm gonna be a knockdown shooter. I'm gonna be a lockdown defender. I'm gonna be somebody who getting into pick and roll and you know it makes place. I don't see that from from this team so far. So that for me, that's the most alarming part about it. But it is still early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watching them into the turnovers. When you look at it, Ad had the most shot He had nineteen. He was nine of seventeen. Ruey was four to six, Lebron was nine a thirteen, d Lo was too of seven, and Austin Reeve was to a six. Now that's two or six and two or seven. It's not great percentage. But they only got six shots swish they only got seven shots. Ad only had nineteen because you had twenty turnovers. So now you don't even give yourself an opportunity to get into an offense. You don't even give yourself an opportunity to knock down shots to get into the pick and roll or you know what I'm saying, to run the driven drive, to drive a dribble hand off. So when you turn the ball over, you give them easy buckets on the other end. And so now they shooting fifty eight percent from the floor, they shoot forty two percent from the three.
Speaker 1: Well, if you allow team to.
Speaker 2: Shoot fifty eight percent from the floor, swish you know this, and you allowed team to shoot forty two percent from the three, you losing that game?
Speaker 1: Lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I about to say, you're gonna get smoked. You ain't gonna lose, you gonna get It's gonna be embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Y'all know who it is. It's your favorite. I've teamed up with Whatnot. This Friday, November first, at seven pm Pacific, I'm joining the Cool Kicks gang here in Las Vegas. I'm auctioning off three hundred pairs of the sneakers from my personal collection, and it's going into a very worthy cause, the Savannah State Scholarship Fun. I'm gonna start a scholarship fun because I thought it was appropriate for me to give back. I want to donate to my school that's done so much for me. So this Friday, November first, at seven pm Pacific, Whatnot, in our teaming up, we're gonna have an option three hundred pairs of sneakers my personal collection. Some of these sneaks guys I didn't even know I had. But you get the benefit from it. Your favorite up, not for me.
Speaker 5: It's like you know, obviously a guy like Austin Reez some nights you're gonna have off nights and stuff like that, But you got to figure out a way for him to get more than six to eight shots. Like if he's going to be that one of those, the third guy to Brown the eighty, he's got to figure out a way to get eight more at least ten to twelve shots. D'Angelo Russell to ten to twelve shots. I mean twenty four minutes five assists at the point guard with the players you're playing. With no disrespect to d LO, but I'm gonna need more out of that. And on the top of the on top of that, you're not you're not my primary defender on the ball, so you got to give me something. So for me, it's a lot of that. And on top of that, and when I sit here and look at it, they had thirty seven assists to their twenty one.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna win many games.
Speaker 3: Like you know what, I got a question. You talk about some of the players that needs to take more shots. How do you know when it's okay to take those shots? Do you have the green light from the head coach? You have the green light from the other players to override passing the ball and be have the willingness to shoot.
Speaker 1: How much he make?
Speaker 2: How helo bake about delo make up bout what about seventeen to twenty one off?
Speaker 5: Something about shots?
Speaker 1: You're talking about? Let it go?
Speaker 3: So you see that wheel based on your salary.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent?
Speaker 5: What they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, okay, okay, okio okyo? What they gonna say?
Speaker 5: Hey, look, when they ain't throw you the ball you were it was by yourself. It's just man on man what you was looking. Hey, bro, ain't no man over the top. Ain't nobody over the top. Give me the back. This is the prime time. So for me, when I look at it honestly, like when I look at guys like d Lo Reeves and you going in that third fourth option, Ruy Ruy, I mean Ruy for sure, I think Ruiy's a lot. He's underrated for me because what he does is disguised by how good Lebron is. Because when you look at his size, he can guard all positions, he can shoot the ball, he can put the ball on the floor, creator play, he can defend, obviously rebound like he's he's he's in a tough situation because he's playing with a guy like Lebron. So that's the same thing, like kind of like Jeff Green fell in that error with us when he was a Cleveland. He's in the same similar situation. So Lebron is gonna they're gonna cater to Lebron when he's on the floor, so it doesn't really do him justice when they play them together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, A d and Lebron's gonna get the little bulk of the shots. You know that.
Speaker 2: Now, let's what do you guys are feel Again, we saw early in the season Auster Reeve's feeling it. So he's gonna get fifteen to eighteen shots d lo he gets hot one night. Okay, now that might creep up the twenty shots on a given night, but you know, la, Lebron and ad are gonna get the bulk of the shots. But I think a lot of this had to do it because they were getting blowed out Swish. They only played twenty eight, twenty four, twenty nine, thirty one minutes. It's hard to get those kind of shots and that's find that small amount of time. Now, if they play their normal minutes, maybe they can get up a few more shots. But when you turn the ball over, everybody's shots are coming down because you don't even get an opportunity to put the ball up because you've turned it over. And as you mentioned, they had thirty seven assists, So that's telling me, great ball movement. It's also telling me, y'all turn the ball over. They get some cheap assists after that.
Speaker 5: One, and you look at the rebounds thirty seven and thirty six. The Lakers actually win the rebound game, yeah, and they still get smoked. So for me, it's obviously it's the turnover. It's turnovers for sure, because I was a big fan of especially in transition. People hate the transition three early threes. I'm taking the early good look opposed to me swinging around the horn and we turn this joint over and now I got to turn into track start going on the other end. I'm gonna put this up. I felt like I got a better percentage of making this opposed to us turning the ball over, and then we got to get a stop on the other side.
Speaker 2: What about the situation like this wish where guys are try early on trying to say I'm so unselfish and you overpassed the ball and you end up turning it over. Like you said, You're like, okay, I got a good look in transition, I'm gonna let it rip as a polder. Oh, hot potato, Hot potato. The next thing you know, the ball's going out of bound. You're like, come on, man, go ahead and take that shot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's you know, it's tough when you come into situations like when I first got to Cleveland. We used to run into that a lot because it got Kyrie at the point, me at the two. We got bron K Love and obviously trusting setting screens and Rose and Mazi. But we you look around the horn, it's like we got like, listen, I got a good shot, but he got a great shot, so let me kick it to him. And you know, guys just operating so fast. You want to be unselfish, but at the same time, it's like, if I don't take this shot, then he's not gonna be open when we needed to be open. So for me, a lot of those times, it's like I want to be unselfish, but at the same time, I got to be selfish for the team because it's gonna help us out in the long run.
Speaker 2: Twere you watched Bronni grow up, spend a lot of years with Lebron in Cleveland, and see Bronni go from a seven eight nine year old to now here he is in the NBA.
Speaker 1: What do you what is what is this moment? What do you think this moment means for Lebron?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, I mean I couldn't. I can only imagine like to be able to. I just have my first son, he seven weeks so for me thinking about the graph, Man, appreciate you. Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: Man, But you know we saw that, right, I mean, I'm sure you did.
Speaker 2: We're gonna leave that, We're gonna lead that alone. But I just said, I just want you to know we saw that.
Speaker 5: Hey, man, Hey, you know what I heard you. I ain't seen you, but I heard you.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. Good swish get too soon, swish it. You know what.
Speaker 2: Got a matter fact, we bout on the same timeline. It's about seven weeks, so you know what. That's why that's why I left the headline so quick, because you pushed me out, you like, get your.
Speaker 1: Ass out of your head last.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got the seventy two hour rule out. It's over straight up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're saying this moment for Lebron and even the city of Cleveland to see Lebron come back and Brain Junior with me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I mean, honestly, Bronnie is such a you know, you hear about so many different kids and so many different situations who were like, you know, their parents are stars, and they arrogant and they cocky and they feel like they just you know, the world is supposed to be their oyster. And Bronnie is the complete opposite.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: It's like, it's a very humbling feeling to see him in the situation he's in and he's very he's very it's very grateful for the opportunity, you know, to live out your dreams as a kid. That's one of the very very rare, you know, few things that unfortunately with us three have been able to do. But like to actually live it out and have your pops there with you to show you, to really show you the ropes, it's very it's inspiring, man, Like I really look at it and think of like, this is something I would definitely want to give my kid one day if I can give them the keys to if you can get the keys to the chevy to your son, like, what's different than give them the keys to the business or give them the keys to the game, like just and just letting them take it for you know, what they wanted to be And regardless of the shoes that we feeled, because obviously Bron is Bron and goes down to the goat and everything else in comparison is going to be there, be there or whatever. But to actually be able to live out your dream is something that very few people get to do. So I just hope he's in a place to where he can actually absorb it and be happy and be satisfied with it.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't he and Jay, I don't think people understand how dope this situation is, this scenario as a father, as a father myself, and I'm just imagining being able to play long enough in the NFL, which is hypothetically it's damn there impossible, and to be able to play long enough for your son to join you, just that feeling and knowing all the work you know, Brinni and Brown are put in over the years and how it's paid off. Not only he's paid off, but now he has the opportunity to share the court and the sport in which they love and have grown up playing all their life, and then to share it on the same team, And that that is it's dope in itself, and I really can't really put it into words how awesome it is. A lot of people have been critical of it, obviously, saying, you know, the whole favoritism and he only got he's only there.
Speaker 1: Because of his father.
Speaker 3: Well hell, god, damn, yeah, well shit, you're supposed to take advantage of those opportunities when you have, you know, the cachet, and you have the power that Lebron does to be able to bring your son on with you and allow him to live out a dream, you know, to play at the highest level. To me, it's damn, it's unreal. It's unreal, and it's dope. It's motive, is motivating, it's inspiring, and I just wish, I wish.
Speaker 1: I could have done something like that.
Speaker 3: Obviously I can't, so I'm gonna live vicereousy to them, and that that's ship.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much it, man.
Speaker 3: That that's really really dope.
Speaker 1: Man. You ain't seen that in football.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna see that in football, Jay d let somebody have a kid while they're in high school and they can play with and they I mean, you guys could think about it. Tom Brady played twenty three seasons. His son is probably a Southboy junior high school. Yeah, so he would have had to have that kid at fifteen sixteen. So therefore by the time he's thirty two, Tom got another eleven years. So by the time now, all of a sudden, that's a realistic possibility. Now you know, there might be somebody that the plot like, go drop this one right here, you know, because that's what it's gonna take.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 2: You can't. I mean, Lebron had a kid at twenty, a kid at twenty. Even if you have a kid at twenty in the in the NFL, bro, what's the likelihood you playing another twenty seasons?
Speaker 3: Not good unless you're a quarterback and you really really really really really damn good.
Speaker 1: And now your son. Because the difference is.
Speaker 2: NFL players don't have the kind of leverage that an NBA player have, especially a superstar like a Lebron, because the positions are so valuable. So it's gonna, like I said, I think Gordy Howe. I think he might have played with his sons back in the you know, but the likelihood of you seeing that in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Ain't seventy sent guild. Did Lebron's wife really break down being with me? Yeah? No, that's the truth.
Speaker 6: Listen, that's the true story, man, when I went over Lebron's house.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you heard the I think.
Speaker 6: I think Richie Paul was on JJ's podcast when he was talking about this big gambling game we did. Yeah, like when we were doing the playoffs, Lebron wasn't gambling. He was with him in Savannah, was watching film bringing down.
Speaker 1: Tape on us.
Speaker 6: And you know, I'm like looking like, oh, well, that shit ain't gonna work because I don't like that play right, But the fact that that's what they were doing at a young age, because I went to coach like, man, hey, that's like a machine was about to play against We were better than them.
Speaker 1: He was smarter than us.
Speaker 6: Wow, he was better prepared at an early ege. No one, I didn't he outsmarted us in that series.
Speaker 1: He was just smarter than all of us.
Speaker 6: We took we took his his gift for granted we knew the athletics, we didn't know he was tactical.
Speaker 1: Are you gil? You know?
Speaker 2: Look chosen one on the cover Sports Illustrated. We know the three straight the championships in the high school? Is he more or exactly what you thought he would be?
Speaker 1: Way more? Right? I mean I didn't. I didn't. I didn't think that.
Speaker 6: I remember my dad said, hey, you better get you better get ready.
Speaker 1: This summer.
Speaker 6: There's a kid coming in by the name Lebron James. He's like a hurricane. Ain't nobody care about no high school kid coming in? And then the first time I seen him, I was like, all right, okay, at the athleticism was different. And then just you know, being on the East Coast playing against him, I can just see it clicking faster and fast. So he had to guard me his first years. Well I was giving him that business. But you can see it like, oh, man, by the time he's twenty, oh, we're gonna be in trouble. And this part I didn't. I didn't calculate. But watching him break down film and then watching him I was like, oh, okay, he's gonna be something to record word. But I just said, you didn't see. You didn't see that he was gonna take care of himself and be exactly what he is today. If someone said they they liing, they're they're lying.
Speaker 4: To you.
Speaker 2: For him to be able to do what he does, because he missed a lot of the Bronis and Bryce and Zouri. He missed a lot of that because he needs to get his rest, he needs to train, he needs to to to have the physio and to make sure everything and he's at the gym getting up those shots.
Speaker 1: How important is it to have someone in your life that.
Speaker 2: Understands you, like Savannah understands Braun and not say I need some help with the keys.
Speaker 1: I've been there all day with the kids. Now that's your turn now.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, no, that's exactly what the other ninety nine point nine percent of us get.
Speaker 1: I think you all day with the kids here, right. So the fact.
Speaker 6: That that they've been there from the beginning, the whole team Maverick, that it's the same group from day one.
Speaker 1: They all knew the objective.
Speaker 6: And that ejective be better if it was be better than Michael Jordan. They all did they part, right, So we when we look and say what has he sacrificed.
Speaker 1: And we look at Bronnie and the family. He sacrificed being with his kids.
Speaker 6: Right now, it's twenty years, twenty one, twenty one years, So that means he didn't get to really be hands on with Bronnie.
Speaker 1: I was Bronnie's first trainer. Hey, Gil, what you think? What you look like?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: You know I'm nervous for him.
Speaker 6: You know, you know what I mean, because he's not there to really instill what he can into him.
Speaker 1: Right, It's been from a distance. That's what he sacrificed. Right.
Speaker 6: So the fact that you know, a Savannah has really gotten these boys to where they are just shows you what type of stability he's had this whole.
Speaker 1: Time, especial because she's made it abundantly clear.
Speaker 2: She said, like some people want to start a business, and some people want to do this, She says, all I wanted to be with a wife and raise a family. So that means she gave up anything that she could possibly want to be outside of being a wife and raising a family to sacrifice because she knew what he wanted. I mean, think about somebody giving up them, you know, that's like a mother and a father sacrificing for their child.
Speaker 1: But she sacrifices sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Maybe what she wanted or what she could have achieved. So you know what, maybe you got I got them you Hey, I got this. I'm in the carpool lane. I'm gonna pick him up. I'm gonna be there. When they look up in the stands, They're gonna see one of us. It's probably gonna be me, because I want you to be the best that you absolutely can possibly be. Now it gets to a point, Savannah, what do I absolutely have to.
Speaker 1: Be there for.
Speaker 2: Bridie's first game considering what he went through this summer, the cardiac arrest, we don't know if he if and when he'll ever play again. Or I can't miss that under no circumstances. All Star Game Game one, I can't miss. I cannot miss that because I don't know. You don't get an opportunity to do the first again, to see your see your oldest play his first collegiate game. So now you understand, because remember O, Joe, you and YO. You know this, there's a great sacrifice to be the greater, the the greater the person, the great of the sacrifices that they've made and there is no balance for greatness.
Speaker 1: Anybody tell you there is the line. Mm hm.
Speaker 2: Go ask Vanessa, Go go ask Jeda, George, George's first wife. Go ask the greats. I'm talking about the I ain't talking about you know, look there there there's a lot of good players that's the great But I'm talking about this, this, this, this, this pyramid.
Speaker 1: Ask them, ask them.
Speaker 7: It's the one thing that I think, as men, especially athletes, when we look at you know, Lebron James and the Kobe's Chris Paul, that that woman that's that understands them to a t, right, that that is the other half of them.
Speaker 1: It's an envy.
Speaker 6: Like you started looking around at the girls you chose, Like, man, what was I looking at? Like you know what I mean? Like it's like, what was I looking at? What was I chasing? Because what I was chasing wasn't it? This is what I've wanted, Like my career would have been better if I had that, right, Like you know what I mean, Like if I had some guidance, some understanding, right, Alfred, not a Robin.
Speaker 1: I don't need someone else there trying to be a hero with me. Alfred.
Speaker 6: He everything that's prepared for you to go be great, come back hurt. I'll refix you going out there and save it again. That's what we're looking for. And I think that's what we when we sit here chasing, we're chasing, looking.
Speaker 1: For that, and we don't know what it looks like. But when we do get it, we're like, hey, hey, what's that? How you doing? I look a cookie and magic. Now. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, how many women you think would have rolled out when the same circumstances oho.
Speaker 1: S take it? Take a special one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going to gone back out there with them on thing that that you would lay in that that you.
Speaker 1: Would lay Yeah, a special one, take a special one. Look at Peyton Manning. Look at Peyton Manning.
Speaker 2: Now you know, o Joe, you know firsthand how much Peyton time he put in film study.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brady.
Speaker 2: Until she's like, you know what, damn it, man, you've been promising me for the last seven eight years and you hang it up. Yeah, man, we got you ain't gonna stop. And I just can't. I just can't do it anymore. She went as long as she could not. Obviously, they're they're things there, you know, hey, But again she had her own career. You got to realize she got more money than he does. Now, maybe she's like, well, a lot of some of the things I did, stop, I did sacrifice for you, for the you know, to start a family, to raise the family.
Speaker 1: But Peyton, Peyton's uh boom.
Speaker 2: She's like, nah, but hey have that man Brady, God that man sees and see man Brady's selfish. Man that like privilege right there. Hell yeah, you gotta be selfing to be great. All of broke girls out and dated.
Speaker 6: You're telling me someone makes more than me, and I'm not gonna stop.
Speaker 1: I'm done, take my bi have them. What are you talking about? Oh Joe, you excuse me.
Speaker 2: Gil You suffered the same thing that I suffer because I didn't want the girl that wanted me. I wanted the girl. And so when you choose somebody to choose the girl that want you, not the girl you want, because the girl that you won't ain't gonna be the ain't gonna be the one. Yea, I know that's that you have to You have to live. You have to live. You have to live and learn. And when you when you look, man, you you you.
Speaker 1: Don't know any better.
Speaker 2: You you you not even you, not even thinking at that point in time. You're like, man, I should have married this what I should have married this one in my college and then that didn't work out, or somebody because we all say this, I'm gonna get somebody that knows that knew me would I didn't have anything. I had this old raggedy car, I didn't have no indoor plumbing, and they know what they know what it's like the sacrifice and be there for me. Then if that doesn't work, I give then where do we go? Because the one that we thought, uh, you know, it's like, oh Joe, it's like, well, you know if the if the the high school or the college sweetheart doesn't work, well, damn even if you even if you the seventh round, if you're on an NFL team, you in the NFL. It ain't like you know what I'm saying, Hey, you're in the NFL. It's not like you know, well, you know, you work around the building. You actually in the league. So whether you a seventh round pick or a first round pick, hey, are you that shocked to play for the Broncos. Now it's a whole it's a whole different story. Too late now oh Joe, Yeah, Oh, you know, I wanted to get that, and I know you've probably heard of it by now. I wanted to respond to some of the criticism, and I normally don't respond to the criticism because I don't I don't care anyway. And there have been a lot of guys, there have been a lot of people taking shots at me personally. But we know why they see Unk and Ochoe. They see the success that we're having, they see Club Sha, the success that I'm having doing that, they see the success that I'm having on ESPN. So sometimes the only success someone can have is that they take a bite out of you. That's their success is a by biting you, and I'm cool with that. But I was asked, and I think the question was, is that Lebron said he would be still the same play absolutely had he never played in Miami. Absolutely, And two things can be true. I believe Lebron James would have still been the all time leading scorer. I still believe Lebron James would have scored thirty thousand points, had ten thousand rebounds, ten thousand assists. I still believe he would have been a first team All NBA player. I still believe he would have been a multi time All Star player. But the pushback that I'm gonna give, I do not believe he's the Lebron James that we know without that stand in Miami, because without that because proud of him going there, he had zero championships but two MVPs. He goes to Miami, he gets two titles and two more MVPs. So now he's four and two. There's only a handful of people. Now you gotta go. There's only three people before Lebron did it. Will got four, Jordan has five, Russell has five, and I think Kareem has six, so they're four people. So now Lebron is an exclusive company. So now people got like, hold on, wait a minute, and he had him at the age of twenty eight. So now he goes back to Cleveland, he gets another title, four and three, he goes to LA he gets another title. Now he's four and four, so now he's an elite company. He's one of two men to win multiple MVPs two locations, Kareem three and three three in Milwaukee, three in LA. He's one of two men to win multiple MVPs finals MVPs at different locations, Kawhi, San Antonio, Toronto, Kareem, Milwaukee, La Lebron James, So could you still be the same player? Yes, but not the player we know because without that because whether you see here's the thing, O Joe, you can't say. And everybody keeps saying he could go anywhere and win those titles. Yeah, Kevin Durant Camp Kevin Durant went to Golden State, stayed three years, won two titles finals MVP both years, got hurt the third year, even though advanced, they lost. He went to Brooklyn for four years? How many more times? How many more championships he won? Who can I ask you a question? Let me stop you right there. We talked about James.
Speaker 3: Okay, we talk about the greatest play We can talk about the greatest player on the planet that would change the dynamic of a team he's on. So in his early and his late late late twenties, yes, twenty eight, Yeah, win anywhere?
Speaker 1: He could any team.
Speaker 2: Why do you go to Miami, d Why do you go to Miami? Then d Wade told him to come on home.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. But you said he could have gone anywhere.
Speaker 2: I mean, he could have been that he felt that was the best chance for him to win AM I correct.
Speaker 1: Obviously he wanted to pay himself.
Speaker 3: You want to pay himself with Boston Wade?
Speaker 2: I mean, because but see, o Joe, see this is what this wouldn't see the different?
Speaker 1: Remember Cleveland? Right? Yes? Who did he have on the team with them? But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: What what knowledge did he take back that he had acquired from Miami back to.
Speaker 1: Cleveland how to win? Ah? So where did he learn that? Okay?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: So without that still in Miami, is he the same? Do we view him the same without those four MVPs, without those two other MVPs. And because here's the thing, oh Joe, this is what we gotta look. If he doesn't get those two MVP's regular seasons and those two final MVPs, how do you put him in front of Kareem? Kareem has six regular season MVPs, two finals MVPs, five titles. How do you put him in front of Jordan who's six and six? How do you put him in front of Tim Duncan who has five titles, three finals MVP, two regular season MVPs.
Speaker 1: How do you put him in front of Magic?
Speaker 2: Magic has three regular seas An MVPs five finals, three finals, MVPs. How do you put him in there? If he doesn't have that Miami stint on his resume.
Speaker 3: You're underestimating how great Lebron is. I think if he didn't go to Miami, if he chose to go somewhere else, regardless, it would have been I think the outcome would have been the same.
Speaker 2: Now, that's not what he said, even he said it. If you read Lebron James tweet, this is what Lebron said, You damn right. I will still be I'm chosen. Ain't nothing changing. Maybe less rings, but dominant from start to finish.
Speaker 3: Even if he had said it he said maybe less rings, but common sense and the eye test will tell you. Wherever Lebron goes, that team come Hell of high Water is probably going to be in the finals or in contention to be in it.