Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with Jess Metton. Let's get to some stock movers this past week. We know the market's overall having a good week, a more bullish week, but let's get to some of the stocks on the move. Bloomberg News Equities reporter Carmen Ronicky with our stock movers for the week. Where shall we start?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, let's start with Apple. I think this is one of the biggest stories of the week. Ticker AAPL shares are up thirteen percent this week, which is the best weekly performance since July twenty twenty for Apple. That's just amazing, really amazing. So what powered it this week is that President Donald Trump announced Apple plans to spend an additional one hundred billion on domestic manufacturing in a bid to avoid some of the tariffs, which has been an overhang to the shares, along as sort of you know, investors wanting more information about their artificial intelligence plans. I think this is really interesting because one of the things I've sort of been thinking about with all the trade war stuff is that Apple had an exemption the last time around, and that was something that really benefited the company and the stock. So we're maybe starting to see a little bit more of you know, Apple picking up, getting some movement back in the shares. It's been a laggard this year. It's liked both its mag seven peers and the market overall.
Speaker 1: Still down percent year today, even with that bump up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, on the flip side of things, Eli Lily, what a brutal week. Oh my goodness. Yeah, So Eli Lily ticker l Y shares are down eighteen percent this week. This is the worst week for the company since two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: That's bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, I said, yeah, that was a dramatic pause. It wants a dramatic pot.
Speaker 3: You have to double check because you look at it and you're like, wow, nineteen percent wors week since December two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: I that is pretty rough.
Speaker 3: I did have to double check this one. But yeah, So what investors are reacting to here is disappointing data on Eli Lilly's weight loss pill. Obviously, the GLP ones, the weight loss drugs have been a huge thing that have lifted Eli Lilies shares. It's sort of been the leader in this market that's supposed to be ninety five billion by twenty thirty and this pill, you know, which is sort of the next step from right now it's an injectible, right was really the next step. And so basically it showed lower weight loss and higher rates of some of the side effects that people don't want, like nausea then anticipated, and so that really overshadowed what was otherwise pretty solid results from the company in the last quarter and actually also boosted shares of Novo Nordisk, one of the competitors in the space.
Speaker 1: When I do the last one with.
Speaker 2: Her, yeah, I mean I think the worst for.
Speaker 3: On Friday, true disk. Yes, we really couldn't, you know, end this week without talking about trade dusk to TTD. So shares were down thirty nine percent just today, which was a record drop that pushed the total weekly drop also to a record, the worst since twenty sixteen for the company. Basically, what happened is the company reported results results in a forecast that sort of failed to impress Wall Street analysts. But really what they're they're latching onto is a worry about competition from Amazon. Basically, they're just they're worrying that, you know, they're not sort of addressing this competition. And I think one of the things that really, you know, kept this rally going was that an analyst asked the CEO about competition from Amazon on the call, and he kind of dismissed it and said, you know, walled gardens, Amazon or Goole are best suited to buy their own inventory with their own data, and so anamals are just really worried about that.
Speaker 2: Some good stocks the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.