Speaker 1: He is drinks Chants, motherfucking podcast man, he's a legendary Queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't agree. That's your boy in O r E. He's a Miami hip hop mioneer. Put up his DJ E f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And the most.
Speaker 4: Professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks Chans moscavery days.
Speaker 3: New Year's c That's it's.
Speaker 2: Time for drink Champions. Drink up, motherfuck. What a good be hoping he's gonna see me. This is your your boy in O R E.
Speaker 4: What up is DJ E f N And this is drink Champs. When I tell you this guest today, man belong belongs in the nineties. Like his music that you hear now is so dope for this era. But I could guarantee you if it came out, it belongs in the Wou Tang mark deep like he his soul is from my era. He's one of the best lyricists out there when you listen to his albums. I listened to his album The New Album, and it almost felt like a double album because he puts so much creativity into it.
Speaker 2: He's probably one of the If you take.
Speaker 4: Nash, you take Snoop, you take a little bit of Cube, a little bit of biz Marcky, and you put them together, this is what you'll get. A guy who cares about his albums, guy who you know in between albums. I call him mister no Rules. So I don't think he follows any rules, and I think that's the rule, is not to follow him for the rules. Believe this man is what we need in hip hop. It's exactly what you know. Some of these people say, oh man, they don't make it like how they used to make it and this, and then here's this man standing right in front of us making incredible albums. I've never heard a mediocre album from this guy. Wow he is And he said that, he said one time that Nile said he was the best.
Speaker 2: And I'm here to.
Speaker 4: Tell you I don't think Niles was gassing you. I think he came from from the heart because that's who exactly who he is. So in case you don't know what the funk we talking about, we talk about the one.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 4: A lot by the way, We've were trying to get you on here from the beginning said, I don't think. I don't think I'm supposed to be.
Speaker 3: You have some ship up here.
Speaker 4: But let me just tell you something. One of my blue slides, Yes, thank you. That shit reminds me of the world is yours, Like you know, what's so dope about you? As you remind me of an era that's gone, but you're doing it in this era, Like I don't think anybody has ever done that, Like you know what I mean, Like it's bridging the gap, like you have an old soul, but everyone fucks with you. But let's just talk about blue slides. That's what I believe. That's my favorite. That's one of my best.
Speaker 3: That's one of my best written materials ever ever written. Easy, easy, really easy.
Speaker 2: So how did you? How did you come up with this? So I had those lyrics?
Speaker 3: Like those lyrics was written a minute ago, like in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's a lot. That's what I do.
Speaker 3: I just like write lyrics, write lyrics, write lyrics, and not just find the beat whenever lyrics were written and it just.
Speaker 2: Came out that way, Like I don't know how I did it.
Speaker 3: I just tapped in, you know, and I actually didn't write it down, just blurted the words out to the mic. Sometimes I just yelled at the wall. I like going to the studio eight in the morning and you know, tell Juice to press play, and then I just yelled at the wall for like thirty minutes, forty five minutes, and then we would just piece it together everything because I know what I want to say, and yeah, I just yeah, just yell at the wall, bro like and it comes out.
Speaker 2: Have you ever met John Singleton?
Speaker 3: No, I never met John Singles, No, I have met Johnson. Okay, I met John Singleton with Snoop one time in Miami. Out here in Miami at the club. Yeah, I met John Singleton with Snoop at the club in Miami.
Speaker 4: Because that's the first thing I'm like, from the intro to the album, I wrote, like John Singleton should be filming.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like it's like it's literally listening to you is literally like a movie. Like it literally like I remember the last time I visually like saw Saw it was me reading Donald Goings a horse Son and then I read a book called Dope Fiend, Yeah, and then I listened to ill Matic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ill Matic brung me in Queensbridge, and I didn't realize music could do the same thing a book could do because the book broke me there. Now, listen to all your stuff, but listen to the new stuff.
Speaker 2: I can picture LA life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that something that you do on that pfect Sure it's like a different twist of LA because when you think, I always tell people they always think of La and like.
Speaker 2: The streets of La.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, like, I'm pretty sure somebody here that I have is gonna come with like twenty cribs.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm just mad and like you know that's not really like no street dude in any from anywhere, like that shit is just be for the cameras, like you from the streets you from like where we come front, like and you know what all we do on the block is joking, laugh all day and when something happens then you move accordingly. But like I'm bringing the feeling of like we're actually normal people, like we play golf, We like like couldn't have a conversation, Like we're all not like idiots, Like most of us are not idiots. Some of us are just have in worse situations. You know, I was blessed out, have a mama that worked hard. I wasn't on welfare. We just happ't grew up in the ghetto, you know, but street Yeah yeah yeah, and you know, sports and stuff.
Speaker 2: Like that kept me a levelheaded.
Speaker 3: That's why I think all kids should play sports, because you know when to leave and when when to stay. And if you're there, like you know, you got to turn up. But if you can get out of there, get out of there, you know, learn you know, you got to learn things, and sports give you a different type of discipline.
Speaker 4: Now you you was you and Tiger had an MTV reality show together.
Speaker 2: Not really Tiger shout out to Tiger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like some MTV stuff and that shit didn't really work out. I really wouldn't like into that type of stuff anyway. Show wasn't like I don't even know, I was just showing up because it's like show up.
Speaker 2: Oh y'all actually tried to do one. It was like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That shit never like worked out, Thank God, because that's that's not something I want.
Speaker 2: Like it's just not.
Speaker 3: Like me and shout out to Tiger, you know what I mean, and holding it down for the city for years. So shout out to Tiger, but yeah, that's just not my thing. I want to be a rapper. I don't want to like I'm not looking for like an exit plan either. Like you know, everybody's like doing things and then they want to do other things and it leads them to the I don't have no exit plan, Like I dropped Blue Lips and I still got eighteen more to go, Like there's no exit plan for.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: Supposed to Coconut Juice video, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, what was that?
Speaker 2: Like? Shit, My boy was trying to get it together.
Speaker 3: He was figuring it out, and I was supportive and I jumped in the video.
Speaker 2: What do y'all went to school together?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 3: I'm older than Tiger, So I knew Tiger when he was like sixteen. He was just coming out wrapping. My homeboy SB and my homeboy Gator. I went to school with them and they was messing with them heavy, and I was just getting into music.
Speaker 2: I really wasn't.
Speaker 3: Into music like that, but I was just getting into it. And yeah, he I just started trying to rap and he was like doing this thing and I was just supporting, like you know, the homies brought him around and he ended up being my homie, becoming my homie, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, And we just vied from there.
Speaker 3: And then you know, he did the Young Money situation and I was around that for a little.
Speaker 2: Bit because he was on schol first and did he win, No, he.
Speaker 3: Was on he was on like like an indie major. I don't know what it was called. It was like he was like signs of like Fallout Boys, Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah when he first came out. And then he had the Young Money situation and I was around that, and that's that was That's not my vibe really either, like Selight real flashy and ship. I mean, I loved him as an artist, but it just I just I was just running behind him almost like Tiger, and I really wasn't into that. And I met uh TD like two thousand and six, and that's that was more of me and and I never left the studio.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: TD reminds me to a certain stint because me, me being from the East Coast, New York, you know what I mean, we were always taught that, you know, the bloods and crips.
Speaker 2: Don't get along, and they don't they don't get money together.
Speaker 4: And then you know, you get to hear that, you know, top and punches like more on the blood side and then you being on the crypt side.
Speaker 2: It has ever been uncomfortable situation on this.
Speaker 3: The first day I pulled up because I didn't know where I was getting myself into. It is like, uh, I mean, but it wasn't like no pressure. My engineer Ali, Yeah, he was bringing me over there. He's like, bro, we gotta go fuck with the TV dudes, blah blah blah, this is where we should be at blah blah blah, trying to figure it out. And then I'm all right, cool, let's go. And then as soon as we get to the studio, before we hop out the car, he like, hey, yo, hood get along with us.
Speaker 2: Such a thought.
Speaker 3: He I'm like, I'm like, we cool, Like we ain't got this like as far away, like we were straight and yeah I went in there.
Speaker 2: It wasn't nobody on that anyway, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But you know, you just want to let get people heads up type ship. Once I got in there, nobody was like like none of us was on that, Like you know what I'm saying, We've been past that, Like we actually really from where we're from. So we all were like trying to hit this goal of like success, and yeah it wasn't. Nobody tripping on that top, never tripped over, but like you a grip if anything. They loved that mark, you know what I mean, showing something. Yeah yeah, yeah, like it was. So I went the first day and Punch was like, come back, and I kept coming back, And next thing you know, I'm living there and I'm poor as hell and I'm sleeping on their couch. I moved myself in. I moved myself. I was not even telling it. I'm living on the top couch, but I didn't even know I'm there. Three months I done lived in that mother.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Because you know, Queensbridge was the hottest at the moment right when I came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, from down the way.
Speaker 4: But when I used to hang out with Queensbridge people so much, it was overshadow my hood. Yeah right, So I would come back to my hood, I'll be walking around people be.
Speaker 2: Like Queensbridge, nigga, Yeah, don't turn around. The people close they shutters and I'm like, oh shit. I could never know who it was like until.
Speaker 4: I got on Like people were kind of mad at me for sucking with another hood, another neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been through something.
Speaker 3: Like that because messing with me for another neighbor nah, I mean, that's what I'm not going for. No disrespect. You can say whatever you want to somebody else, but in front of me, you're not.
Speaker 2: About to disrespect me.
Speaker 3: I mean, nobody never tried me, and in person, I didn't heard people like say things like all the time through the grapevine like oh, such and such said this, like you know, and it's like all right, bro, like such and such could have just saw me last week, like such and such really, as you know what I mean, why are you letting such and such say something to you?
Speaker 2: I think that says more about you, Like you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, Like, nobody never got at my homies in front of me. They know who to people know who to play with. So I mean, like, ain't nobody never play with me like that? And I don't want to. I don't want to smoke. But one thing for sure, keep saying that people ain't his discipline as man, You're not gonna win.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna win, thank you, damn it. Yeah, they're not gonna win. I look.
Speaker 6: First drinking seven days when you showed up to the studio to TD, what did you what did you see in them that made you say I want to I want to stay with this team.
Speaker 2: It was dark first off, it was dark as Ship walked in. It was just dark because Jack already out.
Speaker 3: At that point, Jay Rock was working.
Speaker 4: Jay Rock was signing them first, right, yeah, yeah, and then.
Speaker 3: Jay Rock was in the booth, and then No Soul was in the booth sitting out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jay Rock was sitting out signing. It was real dark. Punchers in there that wasn't there.
Speaker 3: And then it was just this beat just pop my by like gunshots.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Curtis King. He did this beat.
Speaker 3: It was just like gunshots and Ship and they like rap on this and I just wrapped on it and yeah, that was that was it.
Speaker 4: Punch, But I forget how did y'all get introduced Ali?
Speaker 2: Okay Ali? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ali Ali was on my Space or something and hit him up on my Space and was like I'm an engineer blah blah blah blah blah, and Punch answer to or one of them. I don't know if it was Punch or Dave or who. They answered is my space d M and uh yeah and me and Ali was like this, so wherever Ai went, I was gonna go wherever he was going to go. No, no, no, no, he was engineering with me. We were just trying to figure things out.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We was playing football at West West La Junior College.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He was number eighty four, Yeah, eighty four ship. But the first day of pads he get hurt. The first day of pads he get hurt. He wasn't. Yeah. I'm like all.
Speaker 3: Right, so I'm in, I'm in the receiver, like right, I'm doing Madrid, baby, big man. And you know what I'm saying, my boy come over here. Like I just see a crowd of standing around somebody's.
Speaker 2: Legs flat like this right straight out. They're like, that's your boy. I'm like, nah, I ain't my boy.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, the.
Speaker 2: Biggest boy, the biggest motherfuck on the field.
Speaker 3: They're like, that's him, that's that's your boy over there. I think he said you do engineering with you. I'm like what And I look, because you know, they split us all up and I look. I'm like then the paramedics coming. I'm like, bro, we.
Speaker 2: Just got.
Speaker 3: My boy got hurt. Bright my boy. He went to the doctor, homie and yeah, I had like a slip dish. That was probably the best thing to happen to you for both of us, you know what I mean. I went to jail right after the season. He got he got his legs.
Speaker 2: And all this ship fucked up. He had to sit his ass music.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, and were just like you know what I'm saying. We just we just kept it moving from there, like yeah, I never looked back, you know, music was that was it? Like we're doing this music ship. We ain't doing this lame ship. No mo fuck sports. The streets out that we're doing this music ship.
Speaker 2: We just locked in. You has this Monica? Yeah yeah, yeah, you've been to Monica?
Speaker 3: Uh no, Oh that's just how this this had is hard.
Speaker 2: Listen, you gotta go to Monica. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I lied to a couple of people and told them I was I went to Monica. Somebody gonna see this be like my motherfucker telling you what to Monica.
Speaker 2: I was trying to the conversation.
Speaker 5: Mother.
Speaker 3: I was definitely trying to end the conversation.
Speaker 4: Monica is one of the places I was like, you know, I have these travel watches, right, the only watches that I bring because if I losing my don't I don't really care, you know what I mean. I regret it bringing travel watches to Monico because I was the worst. Everyone else had the big boys shit, everybody's rich, and Monica like, I felt the poorest I've.
Speaker 2: Ever felt in years.
Speaker 4: And yeah, so it's great to feel poor again, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Damn Ya went to I heard Monica was like the main don't that means something? Though? Like don it means something? Like yeah, like it means.
Speaker 2: But school boy Q. Let me just tell you something, man.
Speaker 4: From the beginning we started this show, we wanted to give your flowers face to face man, and man, you are one of the greats.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: We don't want anything to happen to you and then we tell you you're great. We want to say that while you are lazy, your flowers.
Speaker 2: Snoop Dogg said, it's like it's a Snoop.
Speaker 4: Dogg said, it's like a Grammy because it comes from his people.
Speaker 2: God, damnit, love bro, there you go. You know what?
Speaker 4: You know what's so unique about you? Every time someone asks you about l A. Yeah, you're always giving up games. You are saying you're gonna watch that for this artist. You gotta watch them for this artist. You always naming people, You always showing love to people. How did you develop that? How does that?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 3: Once again? Sports, I mean, and you know you gotta show love to your teammates. You gotta show love to people. And if you ain't good enough to hang like and if you scared somebody gonna take your positions, it was never yours in the first place. Looking at them fall, it was never his, I said down on the last album too, Like if you fall, it was never yours in the first place. If you let somebody knock you out your position, like.
Speaker 2: You never had that position.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying? Once again, it goes all back down to discipline. Motherfuckers ain't got no discipline, bro. So motherfucker see somebody gassing going up and just hate for no reason. It's like for what, like he going up because he ain't doing as many units as you. It's like, bro, okay, and I put my units next to fucking jay Z and I don't even fucking exist. So it's like, what do we measure things. But motherfuckers is hard like he hard like he hard like. Just let it be, like what I'm saying, So at some point, just if it's yours, it's yours, and you ain't got to worry about ship, sure, love shut up.
Speaker 4: Another another thing about you is you have some of the dopest features in the game.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I don't watch a lot of cats. I'm about to go about to go on another washing machine run. I've been chilling for five years, just watching it and observing and and like trying to change my life and body and ship. You know what I'm saying, Get my body to the right point where I want to be.
Speaker 2: But I'm ready to play ball and and just keep playing.
Speaker 3: Ball right now because I think they're making it real easy for people like me. I think a lot of people are bad, though, I think.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are good. But a lot of people are scared. I can't what you're saying.
Speaker 3: No, not just music, musically period. A lot of people are scared to try anything. Yeah, but I get it though. You know, at the same time, you know, business is business, right, and you know, but at some point, if you ain't got what you're gonna get out of this ship. You've been in this game like X amount of years, you probably won't get it, because.
Speaker 4: That's what's unique about this album. It's like you just said a lot of people are scared. It seems like you wasn't scared at all, Like you were taking risks. Like each song sound sounds like it's two songs and.
Speaker 2: Onely different sounds the same. Like what the fuck? What is it that? That was the whole thing? Like how do I see music? Right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, so everything is thirty second clips?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Motherfuckers can't even pay attention to a three verses anymore. Motherfucker is doing one versus. It's like, all right, how do I make this album in this time and still be me? It's like, oh, I see things in the way they see it, fucking forty seconds, fifty seconds. If I can't get what do I How can I get off something in thirty seconds? You know what I'm saying thirty seconds at a time. How can I say as much as I want in thirty seconds? If I can't say as much as I want in thirty seconds, then I probably shouldn't be doing this. This part of the beat shouldn't be rapping or coming up with.
Speaker 2: This concept, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it was just like what can I say an X amount of time and from.
Speaker 2: There and how we just built the beats. We just built it the beat.
Speaker 3: So but the lyrics pretty much came first on this album.
Speaker 2: Changing up to that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's like you know, and and still just like shit, I want to do it like this, like shit, why not Like my blank Face album, I did the same thing. Like you know, I think, like I said, just rappers just so kind of like and uh, there's so many of rappers now and it's still hell of good rappers, but it's just so many now. Me doing beat switches, it's like mad people doing beat switches still, you know what I'm saying. But and I've been doing it, but you know, with the game, it is now like my shit is standing out a little bit more with it because of just the no risk taking of artists. You know, they find they pocket and they stay in that pocket. And like I said, that's cool if you're in it for the business. But everybody I know is a fucking millionaires. So at this point, so it's like what the fuck are we doing now? Like we just like making it worse for the younger kids.
Speaker 2: I think. I think artists are scared to act their age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's weird to me, Like I'm thirty seven, bro, I'm not like scared to act thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Like I'm still lit, like I can still do all the shit.
Speaker 3: Still I'll run young and still I'll rap you whatever you really talk about.
Speaker 2: I'm still way more funnier, did you, brother?
Speaker 3: I dress better, like I look better, like getting younger every year, like what you hother? Fuck, it's its own dope, you know what I'm saying. Like, so like I'm not scared to have to live my age, like you know what I'm saying. And I think the artists are doing that and they doing the younger generation or disservice.
Speaker 2: No, She's like it's the weirdest ship to me, you know.
Speaker 3: You know that's another reason why I didn't even do press before this album, because it's just like I don't fit with those dudes.
Speaker 2: In the media.
Speaker 3: I don't even I don't even funk with. They're just too negative for me. And it's like y'all too old for all that. Y'all got to watch y'all say y'all can't really get hurt playing with people bro like mootherfuckers is putting their life in their music. Like you can dislike my music, but don't disrespect me though, because I put my life and my ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So when you.
Speaker 3: Disrespect me or disrespect the rapper.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel like you're gonna get at me eventually. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I got caaraderie still with rappers, even though you know rappers don't half coaraderie, but I do. So if I see somebody say some crazy, crazy shit about a rapper, I ain't fucking with you, like you know what I'm saying. Like I said, you can dislike it, yeah problem, Yeah, nobody tripping on that. But the way you motherfucker's are be really disrespect yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And I ain't with it.
Speaker 3: And everything is relationship based too, It's like that's not how it's supposed to be either. So I'm just not with none of it. I just want to go all gas and just keep gassing. I'm gonna keep gassing gas and gassing, and they're gonna come. They're gonna come in the circles and I'm gonna keep gassing the ass, and I got, like I said, I got eighteen more to go, So I'm gonna keep gassing as I'm gonna keep.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Jack in the Box on Vernon and figure bro.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's.
Speaker 3: Man, you go, that's that Jack and the Crackstille there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's there. Yeah, it's there Vernon.
Speaker 3: Man, ain't no, man, Let's move on from now, from now. But that's that's that's yeah, that's you know, I.
Speaker 2: Forget what kind of record you came up with over there. I forget. I was just going in through it.
Speaker 4: Move on your relationship with Matt Miller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rest in peace.
Speaker 3: How How did y'all meet? We met on tour. This's another one that's hard to talk about too. We met on tour and we were just we just bonded off the rip, you know what I'm saying that as uh, just humans, just people, you know what I'm saying. I thought he was a funny ass white boy. Thought I was a funny ass black dude. We just kicked it, you know what I'm saying. He was like transitioning his music from like uh like white sounding like you know, poppy, and he was going more towards Rapp and he was like, you know, he had so much soul, you know, but he just came in the game the way he came in, and he was like transitioning and I watched him do it and it was just like, this dude is crazy and I just wanted to, you know, stick around and be his homie. I was just happy to be his homie. That was my dog. That was like really my dog, Like, you know, sad situation, but he's living forever. Though he's living forever, he's living for.
Speaker 4: Have a moment of silence fall no, no, was make some noise for him. Yeah, Now you had a duct tail and the homie cut off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I got kicked out of school. This motherfucker dude just light skinned.
Speaker 2: Fuck Okay. I wanted to know what the juntail is though, all right, So.
Speaker 3: Man, you had a hair.
Speaker 2: Okay, we call it the tail. Okay. So this is this punk motherfucker dude.
Speaker 3: I don't even know his name. He wasn't he wasn't really my home. He was my homie. Kind he still didn't let it go. Dog, I could tell. I got kicked out and all type of ship.
Speaker 2: So what happened what happened you in school?
Speaker 7: Gag?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm in school, bro, this motherfucker you know, you know they.
Speaker 2: Do nap time. This is like a kindergarten.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I fucked him over too. I fucked him over. I choked him and Ship bleeding and Ship I was the first time I've seen him over.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: But he cut my duck jail while I was sleep and I woke up and yeah, and I just went to go plug my ducktail and it wasn't there, and then it was on his desk and then he looked at me and he kind of like laughed, and I just beat the ship out of him, bing bing ban. We like five, like five or six whatever, and then b b b Bean and I just pleave in the craziest head lock. I was like trying to snatch him out of the chair. I'm a little kid, bro, and I just see him blooding out and he just yeah, and he's like yelling crazy like he's like you know what I'm saying. I'm like shit, Like when you started yelling crazy, and Ship, I'm like sh but theeah, the teacher came in and uh broke it up, and I was at like some like Catholic school or some ship, and she gave me a whooping like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like hit me like a ruler, pow fu.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess my mom didn't know they did that there. My mom came in and like like she said, tripped on the whole place, y'all what my god, like had a whole fit, and they like we gotta get him, and his mam was just off the chain, like y'all get kicked me about that, motherfucking I went to school fifty second fifty second year.
Speaker 2: I mean where I wanted to go in the first like let me, I'm just just right here on the corner. Just let me go to school.
Speaker 3: My mama always tried to do that weird shit. Oh no, you can't go to the school and a ghetto. She'll send me to some other school. And then then eventually she sent me back to the school in the in the ghetto, in the in the hood. And it's like, why why you be doing that though you see me to a whole other school that's the same thing. You know, this is another ghetto, right Like she I don't know why she would do that because.
Speaker 4: I always wondered how you got the name school boy. Right, but then I listened to your your lyrics, I can tell you have education. Yeah, yeah, for sure. How did you get the name school boy? Literally all right, so it's it's like an atandra. So the school boy is a pimp used to well, I ain't gonna you know, well he used to be a pimp back in the days.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, dude the name school boy from my hood. Okay, he was dope. Dope dude teached him. Also, it was at a point I had good grades and there was a point where I had ship grades.
Speaker 2: You know, I leave that out a lot, but it was a.
Speaker 3: Point where I had really really good grades and a lot of homies would call me school boy because I was like really good in sports, good grades. Yeah yeah, good grades and like you know, always squabbling and like not really like you know, from that cloth.
Speaker 2: So they like, uh called me school boy.
Speaker 3: So it was more so like a playoff the pimp on fig and like me people following me school boy for good grades and ship being an athlete, you know, motherfuckers would encourage me like to be take that take that sports ship far, take that sports sportship far, because we gotta go far.
Speaker 2: Because a lot of football didn't go too far. Yeah, you didn't go too.
Speaker 4: Far Miami, like y'all take football very soon for sure, baseball too.
Speaker 3: I was really nasty at baseball, real nasty baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shortstop stop. Yeah it was dogs. No more trophies in baseball, in basketball. Yeah yeah, but you are stish. Yeah you got that. It's not part.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Hold on, okay, Oh, I got I got some ship. I got some ship.
Speaker 4: You want to go because I was about to talk about fish Land fish Land.
Speaker 2: They sucked you up.
Speaker 3: I mean fish lad you know, shout the fish Lands a staple of the block.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: You still from there?
Speaker 3: No, not there.
Speaker 2: I used to steal from fish Land.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but fish Land is done for They shut that down.
Speaker 2: You shut it down, shut it on. They got got the word, I got the word. Got the word.
Speaker 3: And my plan though, is I want to tear I want to tear all that ship down over there.
Speaker 2: I want to put a boxing gym and.
Speaker 3: Like uh sports, like something just just for the community, like a healthy thing like wow fitness type thing wow over there, because I don't know. Still, when I go over there every now and then and I look at it, I'm just like this shit can be utilized way better. It's just a bunch of food ship that keeps changing every two years. It's like a new food spot name. It's like, man, we need to put like a gym here. I need to put something, but I need people to help me with it.
Speaker 2: It's not just just.
Speaker 3: Me because it's more to it, and we probably won't profit for a while.
Speaker 2: And I know it. You know that's the thing. The community.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like I'm trying to get it together. I've been talking to a couple of people and I'm trying to make that happen. But unfortunately another business will have to leave. But I think a couple of those businesses should leave because they're not serving us right anyway?
Speaker 2: Is that is that Parker City? South Central? What is that? Yeah? They call it south La.
Speaker 3: Now they gave it a new little twilet. Yeah yeah, south Central. Yeah, we still call the south Central more than you know what I'm saying. And from the eighties to the night, you call that ship south Central.
Speaker 4: I'mna be honest. I know it's gonna sound a little crazy, but I've always been proud of LA because because how y'all right.
Speaker 3: We turned out up motherfucker's is gonna go up. That's one thing for sure about Like motherfucker is gonna go up. Motherfucker going. Like as divided as we are, once we come together, it's it's scary even seeing that. I remember watching the riot about that little little little kid, like and just seeing it on the corner, like just seeing all that ship, like it was the craziest shit ever. Like I never seen so many black people together. They were just doing dumb ship though, But I mean it was just still like, okay, this is you know, I wasn't thinking then, but now that I look, it's like, okay that it is a.
Speaker 2: Chance, all right, Like the Alabama fight. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Hit the white woman with a chair, I said, holy ship, Yeah yeah, got real like and they didn't even know each other and they just got together.
Speaker 3: It was like what I'm saying, like it's you know, but still though we shouldn't rioting and ship and like destroy your own communities like unity.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: There was also a lot of a lot of Latinos, a lot of Mexicans. My grandfriends lived in Newood, your grandparents riding They lived in the old at the time, and I called them during the riots and they said the.
Speaker 2: TV only only showing Black folks said, the Mexicans is blocking on the want you want TV? Tell your grandparents.
Speaker 3: Ship, bro, Blacks, I don't know, Bro, I always been cool with Mexicans, Like this is like some new ship. Now we're like, it's like for sure, yeah that's his story, that's what yeah. Yeah, But like they it can't it carried over.
Speaker 2: To the streets like it was never like that.
Speaker 3: I've been like all our neighbors is Latinos, like it's fu l a, like how the funk we like beefing with, Like Mexicans are like it's the but you know they like put extras on it. Now, you know, it's like these small All it takes is two people to do something and all of a sudden, you know, right.
Speaker 2: Somebody tweets it and it just starts a war.
Speaker 3: When crime happens all the time, bro, Like crime happens in places where they crime happens like motherfucker, Black and Mexicans been robbing each other since the beginning of Black and Mexicans and being around each other like this, the fucking ghetto people get robbed, you know what I'm saying. But they make it seem like it's a race thing, Like no, it's not a fucking race thing. The black dude got ribbed bro by the Mexican cat, or the Mexican dude got robbed by the black cat because guess what, motherfuckers get robbed over here because we don't have no fucking jobs, We don't have no opportunity. And you had something that I wanted and it could have gave me a little boost right quick, so I did it.
Speaker 2: That's the reality of it. But they make it like.
Speaker 3: There's some race shit when it's like, bro, like everything ain't filmed also too, and black people commit more crimes on black people, and Mexicans commit more crimes on Mexicans, and whites commit more crimes on whites.
Speaker 2: Is like, you know, but they try to sow any little thing.
Speaker 4: They do, like, oh, look see, y'all need to get the blacks together.
Speaker 2: It was like the fuck you get the blacks together, y'all just got just as many motherfuckers in jails us. Like you know what I'm saying, Like, bro, we all need.
Speaker 3: To get it together, Like the blacks.
Speaker 2: Need to get it together.
Speaker 3: Y'all in jail too.
Speaker 4: So let me ask them all these great features you have, what do you prefer?
Speaker 2: You prefer them in the studio or you sitting the record.
Speaker 3: I love in the studio, but some people would rather send the record because they're busy. Nah, they just I don't just don't vibe everybody in the studio.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then people might say that I'm saying I understand I don't want the person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometime, motherfucker, I'll be talking to damn much or sometimes I won't talk enough.
Speaker 2: Like you like the music, you don't like the person that's there. Yeah, yeah, you don't want to even know.
Speaker 3: And I like working in the daytime, like I'm I'm early and then I'm in the studio about eight thirty eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, like ty one, No, yeah foruns like that too. No, there's a lot of people like that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I think it's like switching, but some people haven't switched yet and they be like calling.
Speaker 2: You like, oh, it's like ten o'clock. It's like I'm just sleeping at like nine o'clock. Bro.
Speaker 4: It's one of my closest friends, but he started his sasions at twelve at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that's out. It's out, bro, it's out.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: You know much weed?
Speaker 3: I small, but with the kids over here this I don't watch something like Bro, I'm cook.
Speaker 2: You take grown man naps yet? No I don't.
Speaker 3: I can't take naps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't take naps.
Speaker 4: When you when you hit forty, it's called grown man.
Speaker 3: I haven't, ye know, I mean three more years?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, you hit more years.
Speaker 4: It's called a grown man before. It be like, I'm lazy what I'm doing taking naps in the daytime. But if I want to go to club LB, I need to take two naps in the daytime.
Speaker 3: To because you're getting that chicken down the chicken. I ain't you ca the chili chili chili chili.
Speaker 4: But no, I haven't been to a club in years. Yeah, I can't stand it no more.
Speaker 2: Staying up at night.
Speaker 4: You have legendary listening parties only a listening parties invite only, or the who's Who's come out?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean because listening parties like I remember doing one at for Oxymoron and people didn't give a fuck. There was another motherfucker getting shady walking around playing music. I got Ray Kwan on the stage moothfuckers and turn around look at me, and then turn back around and do something. I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: At least they wasn't just doing like that.
Speaker 3: That's not that was a different time. Motherfucker was just very happy to be out side. And I was like and I was mad. And then my boy told me from an interscope, he's not there anymore. This is all list parties are.
Speaker 2: This is great. Yeah, And I'm like, he's like, look at this turnout. It's great. I'm like, bro, nobody's listening to the music. We're listening like they're just in there getting shaded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like, you know, it's like thirty people in the front that only care and everybody else in the back just chilling Like I don't get it.
Speaker 2: But if that invite only that, No, that was.
Speaker 3: My Then after that, I was like, all right, we only do an invite people come with that want to hear it, hear it whoever it serves or serves, because I'm not you know, I don't know, putting that juju on your ship. Like people that don't even give a fuck just want to be there, Like I don't even want them around me, Like you know, what I'm saying, Like it's like getting posted by certain blogss, Like why does blog post me? Yeah, you will never post me, motherfucker you posted, Like, don't post me, dude.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like you know what I mean? Like I should have given you the I wrote the cooties.
Speaker 3: They're coming to get me running, like I can't stan dude, these bro these dudes all got the cooties.
Speaker 2: Broo, I ain't got time for it. Okay, I think it's quick time. Let's got it. Y'all got quick time? Yeah, Yes, it's gonna be a fun one. I have a feeling.
Speaker 6: So you guys play the rule. We're gonna give you two choices. You pick one. We're not drinking, but if you say both or neither, like if you don't answer, if you don't pick one, we drinking. We all drinking. We all take a shot, Okay, but if you don't want to take shots, you can just someone to take a shot.
Speaker 2: I'll do this one. I'll do this one. I'll drink for this one. Ready, Jamie, get my shot. The motherfuckers really do this, Yeah, we do. We do.
Speaker 6: This is a long game, so we take short It's.
Speaker 2: Gonna add them's kill.
Speaker 3: I remember when you first came, when y'all first came out, y'all was doing the.
Speaker 2: Eight years this month? Uh, what was this ship talk about? Want to bring that back up? No, listen, that's the worst. That's the worst.
Speaker 6: I still got one at the Crystal and Sonning got but when COVID here because it came from China, they.
Speaker 2: Banded it came over. We let it go because it was a sign.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this one, this one on, I believe he's drinking, jam Are you ready?
Speaker 2: We get him a shot? Though? Before we even what I'm saying? Well, wait, I'm pretty sure my answer everything? All right, Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure on this one.
Speaker 4: You might be a little still, don't leave the witness man, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. All right, cool, but I want him to be stuck on this one. Not a cool you ready, Jamie?
Speaker 2: All right? Cool? Okay?
Speaker 4: Snoop Dog or ice Cube Snoop Okay, I was shocked. Tupac or Nipsey Part Answer and Everything, nas.
Speaker 2: Or jay Z.
Speaker 3: Nas is my favorite rapper, but you also went to the jay Z is also my favorite rapp.
Speaker 6: It was just with him, he had reboxed. You got stories with anybody? Please like expand on anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say, nas, you're gonna go now corrupt or dazz corrupt doctor Dre or DJ quick doctor Dre kiss or fabulous kiss.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna drink nothing.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna li. I mean, me and kids got it. Me and kids got a.
Speaker 2: Song together, okay.
Speaker 4: Exhibit or rass cast exhibit n w A or Wu tank Klan.
Speaker 2: Bro y'all. I gotta stop it like that's sounds like both. That sound like both to be.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest. I didn't listen to d you A.
Speaker 2: You didn't listen to I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Say, you got to shout no, no, no, I'm going I wang okay you because I didn't listen to n w A, I look I to take him as individuals though.
Speaker 2: You gotta take a shot for the West, car Yeah, the West, for the West, for the West.
Speaker 4: But bu tang over n w A, Wow, I would have thought that to take a shot.
Speaker 2: I mean the way I wrap you said, yeh yeah, I wrapped.
Speaker 3: I'm not scared to wrap off pocket and out of in the in the in the zones because of ghost face, and you take the next ringkon and all them.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, the ghetto boys or U g K U g K Minister Society or Boys in the.
Speaker 2: Hood Minister Society.
Speaker 3: Shout out the tyring man, it's my boy, fifty first Street, Caine, fifty first Street. Get him up here, man, Kendrick Lamart Or Oh, you're gonna put.
Speaker 2: J Rock in there, like I take that back.
Speaker 3: Drink drink James drink and Jay Rock Ken.
Speaker 2: Drinck and j Rock. You're not about to put my brothers.
Speaker 3: You're not about to put me against my brother Just gonna shi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 4: Before you get the second one. By the way, shout out to or the TV. I love I love you your er, you know what I mean. I love how you hold each other down.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 4: Doggy style of me against the world. Doggy style? What okay, y'all gotta come with some bad ones.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, doggy style me I fun with be against the world.
Speaker 2: But doggy style what dog style changed the game? Oh my good god, where were you when you first heard ship? I know I was youngest. What was going on?
Speaker 3: Me being bad? Trying to get some pussy at like six or seven, you know what I mean, trying to get them, trying to get some pussy at seven, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was trying to get some trying to I ain't getting them. I'm trying at least you speaking about it.
Speaker 4: Kanye West or Forrell, whichever category you want, wow category.
Speaker 3: I love them both the SAME's Wow. I didn't think y'all were actually getting.
Speaker 7: Wo.
Speaker 3: I love both those dudes. I work with both of them too. And yeah, and you work with for Real, Yeah you got ship working with Kanye too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. Classics Friday or car Walk Friday? Okay?
Speaker 3: Battle Cat or Mustard, Ah, I'm going Mustard, Okay in my general I mean I love battle Cat. Battle Cat is a legend, is from my generation, Okay, I respect.
Speaker 2: I gotta go with the legend to now. I mean, yeah, a legend for sure.
Speaker 3: He just you know, I'm just saying, like I really didn't want to pick, but I'm gonna go with my generation. Go Mustard, big Al or Biggie Smalls Big Small is easy, Larry.
Speaker 2: June, skip One King or who King, t ord c the shadiest.
Speaker 4: Can somebody quit work better than Yeah? Yeah, I washed that. Oh what's the other nigga?
Speaker 3: I'm in love with the Code Goldsman T Genesis.
Speaker 2: I'll wash him too. He's not.
Speaker 3: My mind is a little different from them. Okay, it's a little different. We stumped they like Kurt walking ship and you stumped. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we like we got a different groove. We've got a different way, different groove. And yeah they know that ship. Don't compare it.
Speaker 2: To what we do know, so top not. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, no, he can't funk with me. Shout my boy, man, I was stuffy. Man, I'll stuff you know. He can't funk with me. Man, but very dum dump skip skip ship man, right here. You know what I mean. I'm gonna make it happen right here and say you know I mean, I'm cold with it. I'm cold. I'm like skates, man, I'm like, I'm on ice skates. You know what I'm like. You know what I mean, I'm on ice skates.
Speaker 4: They can't fun with I've never heard nobody coughing it against dumb.
Speaker 3: I don't see whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to dumb though. I'm a big fan, So.
Speaker 4: I forget what I forget what I mean I wasn't on the tour. I went to go see it and they brung du Sea out for a segment. He just came out and he just skipped through the mall.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know what he was saying. I just was like, like, yeah, he told that. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I never really met dum Man. No, Man, I want to meet Cube too. I met C before, but I was it was early on in my career. I don't think he really knew Man. I love Q too, even though I picked somebody over to c Cube is like, you know, it was Snoop and Cuban, and you know it's it's Snooped and cute for me.
Speaker 2: Literally, Harlem Nights are coming to America. Harlem Nights, okay and y C or Miami. I'm staying out of this. Yeah deep iness, motherfucker, I can't make eye contact on this one side. Listen, listen, man shot, No fuck that New York hip hop man. That's New York and hip hop Larry junor Dom Kennedy. Why are doing that shot? Take a shot? There we go, but a big shot shot.
Speaker 3: But let me say this, Dom Kennedy is one of the ones from Man. He needs a statue on the in the fucking Lamurt Park. I vote that that he gets a fucking statue of Lemurt Park. You know what I'm saying, that's it. Don't get more lay than Don and Larry june Is. I just did a record with Jim Pop up right quick. Yeah that's hard you know from the Yah I love Yay so yeah, but you know, Dom, you need a statue though. I love how you always get people they fly. Don't need a statue. A lot of that's l A, that's la, that's l A.
Speaker 2: That generation.
Speaker 3: Come on, bro, we used to love We still love Dom. But you're saying, like, bro, like you know, never forget what motherfuckers have done for the city and ship like that, Like he's done a lot for the city when it was it was dry.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Oh PM, shout out to Dome man. I haven't seen him in a while, but lessons and peace to him straight up podcasts or radio podcasts.
Speaker 2: I like that that's made some noise for him.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, nobody ever wanted my generation never wanted the radio.
Speaker 2: We ain't worse, We don't need to be honest, You'll generation finished the radio. Yeah, yeah, we hated that.
Speaker 4: Your generation, we hated that off the streams, and you're up the streams, y'are.
Speaker 3: Down loaded the radio radio, man, they did it's dirty too. They made us do all this ship and made us do like radio. Man. That's what I was like, Bro, why y'all doing this? Drop some people ship?
Speaker 2: Now we don't now you know what I mean? The art gonn always win, bro.
Speaker 3: The radio, yeah, you're trying to for you, It's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: Like even my radio in l A, like I dropped this album. Bro, it was stations from other places posting my album before LA radio is And it's like, this is why I don't funk with y'all. You know, shout out the big boy and them though big boy, you know, like I have nothing. They don't have nothing to do with that ship. You know what I'm saying, Like they have nothing to do.
Speaker 2: It's like, and.
Speaker 3: Let me give a shout to all of them. H just incredible all them. But all that's that's that's that's that's sucking it up.
Speaker 2: Baker boys. Yeah, keV aut them.
Speaker 3: I actually hit bo Kevin told him to jump on board. He didn't want to jump on board. And then I saw him in an interview.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna go.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, motherfuckers is uh yeah, they need us now, everybody need us.
Speaker 2: And I want more artists to understand that that.
Speaker 3: They need us.
Speaker 2: Everybody need us.
Speaker 3: They sit there and they talk about us, bro, like you need to get on the same page at some point, like and uh, you know, like understand that they need us all these platforms, streaming, radio, everything, podcasts, No disrespect.
Speaker 2: You are artists, y'are artists, Like.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, but just saying like, but like motherfuckers sit up there and talk about us all day and then act like they don't need us, Like but that's their whole shit, right, And it's mad weird to me, Like you know what I mean, Like I just don't get it, like the yeah, Like I just don't get it. I just don't get what the fuck is going on.
Speaker 2: I don't worry about it. You rather be loved or feared.
Speaker 3: Loved me too, Yeah, I don't want people to fear me. That's like people hurt you. They fear you, that'll check you out, that can check you out. People can dislike you, but they love you and they have that love for you, and they just walk away from me. But that fear when somebody's scary, that's a lot of Definitely, I don't want to be feared. I want to be loved, you know. I also want to be respected too though, but you know that comes, like I said, once again, with discipline.
Speaker 2: People know who to play with. Nobody never Nobody never played with me.
Speaker 3: So I'm blessed and hopefully you know, nobody do play with me because I'll be at home with my kids and ship.
Speaker 2: So you're looking at the wrong one, bro like not me, like be a math or snowfall.
Speaker 4: Snowfall l ah, that's my man free way wiki right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I mean based off loosely based. Yeah, they don't. They don't want to give my boy the chip, say lo my man real.
Speaker 4: Life dumps Ricky Ricky. I'm talking about the guy who plays him.
Speaker 2: I've seen him one time at a Tyler show. You know, he's hey, Mike, like what I didn't need him? I didn't mean, but I saw him.
Speaker 4: Them You're like, you expect him to be like up Cot.
Speaker 2: Like, hey Mike, You're like, what the fuck you made Australian? You made him Australian you know what I mean, like he had to. I was just like, holy, you know, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm I don't know, okay, biz markey ol D b oh dB. I took from him to so y'all have that in common?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love o dB. Yeah, rest one or rock cap? Oh shot a shot, look shot full time? I look that the left hand my man, m hmm, too short, sugar free forty you changed it up? Bang bang Niner game forty forty water forty man sugar who was on that? That's my o G, that's my OG. He actually called me and like, Yo, how you doing?
Speaker 3: He called me not too long ago, I mean a couple of months ago, and he's like, Yo, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Like I'm straight.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what's up.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking like going a regular He's like no, I'm just like how you doing?
Speaker 3: Like you're you're straight. Like let's let's link up and like do some Niner ship. And I'm like, all right, yeah, let's do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you never did a record forty Yeah. Yeah, We've done a couple in the same studio together. Nah. I was always saying funny his helf because he writes his rhymes on his stomach. So he's of God, like he'plain that he came.
Speaker 4: No, no, this is my homie. What are you talking about? Like me and him, I'm like the East Coast slang guy. He's the West Coast. We go to to the studio, tell him to come to my studio. He actually this like I don't want to say with New York. He just goes there, does his business and that's it. So I'm telling him to come to the studio. He comes to the studio. He brings this called Roscoe Carlo Rossi. Anybody notice ye cheap ass one, cheap as one. He brung a whole two gallons. So I'm looking like this is before drink champ. So I'm looking like, what's wrong with this guy? Like I'm not drinking. I'm not drinking that ship. He's like, no, he take a sip, don't worry. So I took a sip.
Speaker 2: He got me. I can tell me this to me? He got me.
Speaker 4: I was like, sure, Coloradze is the ship. And he's like, I went from this is whack to Coloradze's and ship worst hangover ever. Right, So then we going to So he goes in the booth and We're like, Yo, where the fuck is he at because we can't see him.
Speaker 2: We're like, where did he go?
Speaker 4: And he'll he'll lay down and he'll listen to the beat and he'll just write the lyrics just like that.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean, like on the floor lane down. I thought when you said, it's not like you was going like.
Speaker 4: No, such, Okay, What I mean was he lays on this stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, came back.
Speaker 6: I can see.
Speaker 2: I can see how that. I was like, what do you mean? Like yeah, but but that was like the most unique ship I've ever seen. Like, yeah, forty to go, man, that's that's let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's that's that's super go New Jack City or King of New York, New Jack City, Rap City or Yo to be Raps Rahap City, Rap City, Jay.
Speaker 3: Rock or apps at another one of those. You want me to be drunk, Yeah, man, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm never figuring. They better than all me, all three of them better than me. I love your modesty, humbleness. I mean, it's the truth. But I'm not even jogging. It's the truth.
Speaker 4: And it's the last one that you take, the shot. That's the last one that we get back to the interview. Loyalty or no no, no, no, okay, okay, loyalty or respect.
Speaker 3: Loyalty because I can ignore somebody that don't respect me and go back to the you know, the fear of things. You don't respect me, then it's the purpose of me trying to like what I'm what am I gaining like out of trying to like prove something to you.
Speaker 2: You don't even fuck with me.
Speaker 3: It's like you run it into the fires, like you just like kick it and use the fire stingers shire just like the coodies that come in to get me running and you get the funk out of there. You know what I'm saying, you don't respect me. Whatever loyalty is is like I said once again, motherfucker may be mad at you, but you're gonna stay down.
Speaker 4: I say, no, now, one thing, one thing about you that I know. We spoke about it a little bit earlier. We touched on it was I remember a time after Nas made Illmatic, he made I believe.
Speaker 2: I am after that, right? I am after that?
Speaker 4: It was written it it was written between it was written and I forget what other album. I used to hang with Nads all the time and we used to walk around and people to be like when the fun was the next album? Because you know people have Twitter. That was the Twitter back. They were yelling, yelling at him, Robert looking like yo, like we thought it was just like Queen's people and not for nothing, let no one rest his process. To me, the only artist like that in this generation period, it's.
Speaker 2: You Ken Drink Kendrick as well. It feels like it's a TD thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, we got a problem and they blame it, always blame it on Top and I'm gonna be honest, it's not Top fault.
Speaker 2: It's y'all being overcreated artists. I wouldn't blame it on Top.
Speaker 3: Bro were top games from telling Kendrick Lamar he can't drop album.
Speaker 2: No, he don't gain nothing.
Speaker 3: It's fucking Kendrick Lamoyre what this top game? From telling the Scissors she can't drop album?
Speaker 2: This is black album? Yeah, like what does he gain from it? You know, any game? He should be throwing us under, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But you know, I'm here to take some fly off Top and he never told us, you know, has he ever said maybe you need another?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 3: Like he's a fucking yeah, like my engineer telling me that too. Kendrick sometimes tell me that too, like Jay Right tell me that too, you know, like my producer tell me that too.
Speaker 2: Like so yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you may say, yeah, you need another record, but I mean like like saying like, oh, you can't drop this year at all.
Speaker 2: Don't even think about it.
Speaker 3: It's like insane and me being like in my thirties and allowing that it would be even way more crazy, like all everything about it is out of pocket. But I don't suggest your artists take five years off.
Speaker 2: Unless you gotta let me just take.
Speaker 3: That's you good, No, let me just take.
Speaker 4: There's people that's good. They don't have a cult fan base that'll be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you don't have that, yeah, you can't do you motherfuckers got cult fan base? I enjoy so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this morning waking up and saying, look, this is how I'm training.
Speaker 2: For school Boy Q, and all your fans was in my DM tell them this. I was like, oh, ship, I'm like, and.
Speaker 4: You have like an alternative fan base a lot of white people. I'm not for sure for white people hit me up. Yeah okay, And then a lot of gang members as well. I respected him too, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean. But I've definitely got a lot of white fans.
Speaker 3: I mean I came out like.
Speaker 4: It really is, like I really, I really, I really saw it for myself, like man, white people, well up, hold up my axe or Jim Duggan, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And then then a lot of yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, No, I got a lot of white fans because I came out.
Speaker 2: I came shows his white people.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's how most most people can't afford.
Speaker 2: No take it with Bandanna's cover relation. Nah no, my you know, I got the nice white folks and ship you know, like I'm talking about them talking about the gang members. Nah.
Speaker 3: Non game bankers don't they go to the club. They ain't coming to no damn school boy Q show.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. The game bankers don't really come to my show.
Speaker 3: Really No, I don't really make game bank music to be real, like like you got to be like in the artsy side of it, like like an artist. You can respect them, you can hear it. But the average H street dude, I'm more so on the weirdo side of like the game banging.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you're a.
Speaker 3: Artist, but I'm just being realistic because just what it is like, you know, you think of Nipsey, you think of yg you think of you know what I'm saying, like those people, and like I always say Vince because I always get got to give Vince states its flowers to every time because if we're like the only two where like the outsiders of like that.
Speaker 4: You know, that was the first time coming to LA many years I go to l A. I went to a Nipsey Hustle show one time. That's the first time I seen Mexicans, like you said, like the Mexicans and blacks been together like.
Speaker 2: That for a wow.
Speaker 4: But I had a long time because it happened before. I had never seen it. I'm not saying it didn't exist. I had never seen it when I went to a Nipsey show. I've seen bloods, crips, yea, all different types of people, everybody, and it was together any reason why you were and nip never really like.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's one of my biggest regrets, not doing the song, not doing the get along.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean to sit there and say that it is kind of like yeah, you know, like.
Speaker 3: Irrelevant because nobody's gonna say nothing. If if it happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but I mean it was.
Speaker 3: It was presented before and I think my time in was a little off and we didn't do the record. And that's one of my biggest one of my that is my biggest regret on my rap career, is that not having a song with Nipsey and he reached out to through Karen Sibyl. Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean but me and him would be always cool and like always we talked, but we just never putting none on wax.
Speaker 2: What I say, politics maybe but not really. No, it hadn't happened.
Speaker 3: It just didn't happen. Yeah, And like I said, I'm like, I'm I'm I'm like an arts motherfucker. So I'll be like like I literally just I keep saying, is like I literally ghost everybody and like just like put my phone.
Speaker 2: Away, like literally get rid of it and like just yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So I think that was around the time where I was on that and that was just you know, because I give so much and I tore a lot at the time.
Speaker 2: I was touring and I was doing a lot of ship and yeah, I had to.
Speaker 3: Get back right yeah yeah, yeah, Like and I got kids, he got kids in our time and just didn't match up. But yeah, he had sent me he got a song with Mazi's car ain't hard enough he sent it to me. You know, yeah, Bro, I wish I was on that joint because I love that song too. It ain't hard enough, you knowcuse ain't scard enough. You ain't in foreign cards.
Speaker 2: And he was hard on there. I'm hot.
Speaker 3: I ain't on that record. I'm hot on that record hard? Did you nip hard?
Speaker 2: He's hard? He's hard? Did you expect that?
Speaker 6: Like what I'm like, you know when you heard that, anybody expected it? No, that he that he passed, nobody expected that. No, that wasn't Uh, that's out of pocket, man. He ain't deserve that.
Speaker 2: At all in the neighborhood. Like how you said you went like.
Speaker 3: That ship and that ship and that type of shit be having me scared to even do ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: A dude that like a dude like that, Like, Bro, everybody loved him, and it's this one fucking idiot, Like you know what I'm saying, Like usually how it is this one fucking idiot dude, Like it's not fair, Bro, It's not fair for his kids as homies.
Speaker 2: It's not the community that shit not cool for no, no, no, no part.
Speaker 3: Of it is cool, like black black folks, Like you know what I'm saying. Like I said, it got me scared to do something. And not only gonna say scared. That's that's a that's a strong word. I ain't scared of ship, but it got me, like dude, think yeah, like is it worth it? You know what I'm saying, Is it worth putting the fucking gym over there?
Speaker 2: Right? Like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Other than TD right, It's been rumors that LA is probably one of the most dangerous places for rappers.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that's true? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because I mean everybody be checking in. That's your favorite thing to do. Check in with somebody that's gonna rob yo, stupid ass. Wow you think that guy here, Yo, the guy that you don't know, motherfucker in California got your back, the guy that got beef with other hoods and all this.
Speaker 2: You checking into that dude?
Speaker 3: Bro, Just go to the hotel, get you something to eat, go back to the hotel, your business, go have some fun where it shit is fun.
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 3: Why do you want to go over there for what. Don't call me, Oh, motherfucker's been having a nerd or called me sometime.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about, Bro?
Speaker 3: I'm playing video games.
Speaker 2: My daughter got a soccer.
Speaker 3: Game tomorro Bro, Bro the fuck up?
Speaker 2: Like, I'm not meeting you at I'm not about to.
Speaker 8: Drive over here to Beverly Hill and drop you off an ounce a week.
Speaker 2: If someone calls him.
Speaker 3: Motherfucker telling me, yeah, bring some of your homies with you, I'm like, Bro, look, I'm coming up by myself. I'm not even bringing Mingo with me, Like, like you know what I'm saying, Like I'm trying to be low key? Why are you trying to like you know what I mean, let's just go to this spot. Why you wantn't go to that spot? Like you better living?
Speaker 2: Like what are we doing?
Speaker 3: I get it, I get it, stay connected and all this ship, but sometimes you don't need to be connected, Like you're not from over here, bro, Like I'm not going to Brooklyn to.
Speaker 2: See what's going on in the dangerous parts of Brooklyn?
Speaker 3: Like what the fuck? Like why am I over there in the dangerous parts of Brooklyn? Like shout out to y'all. I want the dangerous parts of Brooklyn come to the show or something. We beat up over here where neutral? We cool, We're all straight. I'm here for peace. I don't know why everybody trying to prove something. I just want like people just trying to prove stuff and then they put theirself in these silly that situations and it's just like I don't get it, Like just why don't you just go home, like go to the back to the room like you got your food, Like all right, Like you know, we can like smoke weed in the fucking room and ship, or we can go, you know, come to my house. Like let's go to the studio, like, let's do some productive ship the Alchemist. Yeah, let's do some cool ship like shout out to alchemists, man, Yeah, Alchemists always got the spot jerking with you know what I'm saying with artists and music going. You want to go do something, go to out spot the first time I heard of TV. Yeah, I'm not for sure. House Spotted is jerking all the time. Everybody. You gotta you come to l A. That that's that's what we that's what we are. You come to l A. See Alchemists motherfucker, Like you know what I'm saying. And that's another thing. Motherfuckers thinking from New York, y'all damn near and took you.
Speaker 4: From take it out from listen out. He gave us, he gave it up. He was damn there for Queen's brage. Yeah, no, no, no, definitely. But let me just tell you something. I hung out with Alchemists.
Speaker 2: For two days. One time almost died.
Speaker 4: The motherfucker don't eat coffee and smoke fucking tobacco joints, and I'm just looking around. I ain't want to be the I ain't want to be the fact guy to be like we ain't gonna eat.
Speaker 2: We just kept working. I was just like, I'm looking like there's no break, there's no.
Speaker 4: Like dunkin Donuts or something, and he'll just order coffee and just keep going.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this motherfucker's crazy. He's such a legend.
Speaker 6: Everybody always asking us why we don't have him on like it's for I'd be like, yo, alchemists don't want to be on drinks.
Speaker 2: He was here in the studio, he was ready, he was ready. Yeah, yeah, Alchemists, come on. I we love Alchemist double. He is from the West Coast. Absolutely, he schoop boy right now. We've been trying to scoop before a long time, trying to school. I didn't know I was.
Speaker 3: Y'all got to put respect though the hours from l a unk that. That's my big homie, that's my favorite producer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 6: So I know y'all always sick of talking about this with Black Hibbie. Yeah, never named that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Black Hippy is the greatest group that never happened, except the greatest fucking group is going to create an album the greatest.
Speaker 2: It might be hard.
Speaker 3: I mean, industreet firing every body today, they fired everybody ship, so.
Speaker 2: It might be hard. They might put that motherfucker out.
Speaker 3: Around.
Speaker 2: I spot got chip clipped in the universe and everything.
Speaker 3: They clipping everything but artists, right, na sign new artists about that?
Speaker 2: You think artists complained about getting clipped.
Speaker 4: A Black Hippie. Y'all could go to Akron mm hmm. Ohio, We'll go anywhere for two days and this album will be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I say Akron high for like, we can go anywhere, Lamar James. But you know that ship sail, it was never gonna happen anyway. But and then you know, Doc got his own he got it. He's doing his own thing, man, like you got it. PG Lane going up. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He got t D in a good way. Yeah, Like you know, it's paperwork. I got ship to do it.
Speaker 3: Like that's blood right there, you know what I mean, Like that's it's not even like a rapper homie or like no, that's like really my brother, Like that's blood. So paperwork, don't got ship. That's just paperwork, you know what I mean. But if you I'm just whatever he is, I am too lank too, if you know what I'm saying. If right now, like you said, who would be the one to call it together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just say. It's just saying you said you're weak.
Speaker 3: But he don't have the power to get me to do a black hippy album, Kendrick, don't have the power.
Speaker 4: If do call you to say, listen, listen me me and Aspen, Colorado, you're pulling up.
Speaker 2: You got Skis boots on Mountains the album to be made there for that. Yeah, yeah, the firm album was made in Bizville.
Speaker 3: That shit was hard to the firm album and two days, didn't you say, went to Cali for your verse?
Speaker 2: Yes? So what you talking about? The firm albums already done? I was an extra on the front. You broke me up like that. I was an extra, sir, But asking four days you die? Hey, you don't think you can make it happen. You wouldn't you. I wouldn't do it. You wouldn't. You wouldn't do it.
Speaker 6: No, because you so, You're just that's that's the artist in you that created like it's gone, it's going, not even as a tour.
Speaker 2: No, it's gone gone. It's all good, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like it's all good. It's going though, But but you understand why everybody wishes that. No, yeah, yeah, yeah, but I'm talking to the physical fan and me. No, it's not all good. Let's make this.
Speaker 3: No, it's over.
Speaker 2: It's right, no Black Ivy album. Let's do a Tuggle walk. But we will.
Speaker 3: I'm me and Dot are gonna do something in the future. I'm almost one hundred percent sure we're still going to work together, right, we never But that's the thing though, Like I never done record really done records with that.
Speaker 2: I always wanted to stand alone. He would always put my albums.
Speaker 3: Together and like have mad ad libs do it and like he ha was this whole thing secretcing and like composing and ship like that. So the only only thing we really did was uh bless and collar greens. You know, I didn't want to use the cheat code like put on if you said that, It's like, I want to let me see if I can do it, Like I already got died on something like you know what I mean, that's my brother, like and he going up, like like he going up, Like I don't even like when I see somebody going up and they're like going in a certain direction artistically, like I don't want to step into that and mess that up either too. I saw where he was going. I told him too. If you ever get him on here, he'd tell you. I told him exactly when we were like on the couch, I told him exactly how his career was gonna pan out like step by step that like when we were like no fans know nothing, like I work ethic and the way he was right, I'm like, watch, you're gonna drop your first album.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest Uh.
Speaker 3: I don't even I ain't smoked a blunt from somebody and like what your own your own?
Speaker 2: No, it's all good. That's that blunt with that live resident you come on. But uh, what I was saying when you told him, when you told him how his career was gonna go, Yeah, I told him so.
Speaker 3: I said, your first album, you're gonna be this megastar. Watch, you're gonna blow up beat this megastar. Your second album, you're gonna make the greatest album ever. I told your third album, you're gonna be like this big ass at this point, you're gonna be the biggest you could. You know what I'm saying, the biggest artists in the world.
Speaker 2: And I realdn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't really talk about before it, but I just gave him like a one, two three and it literally was that, and it's it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Like the way it panned out. I just saw it. Though.
Speaker 3: He was like always we used to always call him the uh what we used to call him, the Golden the Golden Boy or the Chosen Yeah, some ship.
Speaker 2: We used to call him something.
Speaker 3: I forgot what we used to call him, But he was always like, oh yeah, he don't want like you know his work, ethic, everything he taught me worth that thic. He taught me all that ship, Like like that's why nobody, like to this day, nobody outworks me, and nobody I don't know nobody that can outwork me. Like I'm always creating something, always always t.
Speaker 2: Wanted to drop you. Yeah, yeah, stepped up.
Speaker 3: No, they just put me to the side, and just like yeah, just like I wouldn't say he even dropped me. It was just like we ain't fucking with him no more. We weren't really popping like that. So like dropping me off, it was like early again. It was just like like we're not gonna have he lazy. He ain't with this share Oh yeah, I mean I was hustling and ship. I was hustling too, So I was back yeah yeah, I was back and forth out of town and hustling, and I was trying to get to the chili. I was like this rap ship, man, you know what I mean, I can get some chili right quick with that ship. He was like, man, nobody got time for that lazy ship, you know what I mean? So I guess he like said it and like you know, just like spoke it and a le and them heard and was like, you know, just put me to the sidide. Hey bro, they talking about blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's when I came up with the black Hippie ship, Like all right, I'm gonna make a group. I can go bust some move and I could just do a verse and then uh yeah bilom black Hippie the name, and then uh you know that verse me happened to do the verse just you know, I just you know once again that that sports side of me kicked in that this playing and you know, once that other shit dried up, I wouldn't making no more money on that ship.
Speaker 2: That shit was ain't know.
Speaker 3: I wasn't no real drummer, the most cap drug dealer ever. You know what I'm saying. That shit dried up. And it's like, you know, now I gotta compete. And they in there cracking every day, cracking every day. I was cracking, Jay Rock cracking so cracking. They cracking every day. We was on one mic. We was just waiting in line every day. Just you know, as soon as it's free up, all right, my turn, I'm you know, you just got to get your ship off, and then I just started cracking cracking. Next thing you know, I'm on drink Champs. I just never stopped cracking, never stopped crashing.
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I gotta drop blue Lips, and I got eighteen more to go, so I'm gonna keep cracking.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie to you again. Loose Slides my favorite because it remind me of who's world is this without remind me of who's work world is this? Like I'm jogging to it this morning and I'm like, it's motherfucker too young to know the feeling. Like I said in the intro of it, I listen to your music, it almost feels like you belong in the nineties. It almost feels like you did time travel and you you, you came out. I don't want to say the wrong error, like a different era, like damn, just tell me about dated.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no, that's not what I mean.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean it in the most repub.
Speaker 4: Because so many people of this generation are not Liverpool based and not like like you made an album, and you made album.
Speaker 2: People make singles for sure, they make a single, B side side, excuse me, they make they make a single into the next single. Make it. You made a whole album, like we jogged your whole ship. Thank you, like you, it's a body of work, Like what why why would.
Speaker 4: You do that when you can just make two fucking dope singles like everyone else.
Speaker 3: I did it like so many times, and nobody ever told me fucking congratulations.
Speaker 2: I'm like, god, damn the album.
Speaker 3: Bro, Nobody never fucking told me, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So, I'm always chasing these hits, right and doing hits and ship.
Speaker 2: It was always dope, right, but like every.
Speaker 3: Time something gonna plat them, they never be like, congrats, this.
Speaker 2: Ship gonna club. I'll be having to ask for my plaques and ship.
Speaker 3: I'm making this ship right now. I want to make I'm gonna make this. I told everybody to like, bro, I'm making a art project and step back, please. I told everybody just step back and let me cook for this project. And they let me cook, and I bade my best work like it's gonna lift forever, like it's gonna live forever, like and it's gonna inspire people to to to actually make our project, you know, because people are now you know. It's the streaming and fuck it up. It's like eight versions and ship you got to sped up the acapella you got.
Speaker 2: All this ship. It's like godly, like what the fuck you get here? You know what I mean? Like where where do I start the album at?
Speaker 3: Like I don't even get it, Like, you know, they're just trying to run up to it because the streaming shit is so fucked up.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, they's just running up the streams.
Speaker 3: So people aren't fually focused on making albums, and like, you know, this thing with James Blake was saying, people don't buy albums either, know what I'm saying. So when you don't buy albums, people are just going to play the game because artists are like, well, yah, I ain't buying it. I'm just gonna play the game then, you know, and rightfully, so I ain't mad at them, you know what I mean. But me personally, I came in a different time and I'm blessed to be schoolboy Q, so I'll always be able to generate some chili, like you know, I put myself in that position.
Speaker 2: But I don't see the younger artists being.
Speaker 3: Able to do that with the way they do things, because they're not like really making a body of work.
Speaker 2: It's more so you know, streaming.
Speaker 3: They're making some chili though, but I mean that's exactly it's like, is that chili gonna.
Speaker 6: Because you're feeding your true fan base growing them at the same time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when you just recycling, you know, people for like a couple of songs, they don't you see it all the time. They don't really transfer to the shows. Like people can't even tour. It's like how these dudes like sell so many records and you can't even like fucking du.
Speaker 2: I'll be in like Germany and ship and I'll be y'all in New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be I'll be everywhere, like you know what I'm saying, Australia or wherever, and it's like I don't be seeing un of these casts and I'll be like, I don't get it, Like it's not.
Speaker 2: Making sense they can't go out there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also, like I said, if something don't change, like I think James Blake is right, we gotta figure something out, like uh.
Speaker 2: To get because we need the younger.
Speaker 3: Generation to start making albums again and caring about the artwork, not saying not to make a hit I'm not sitting here saying.
Speaker 2: That, like you definitely you're a young artist, you definitely need to make a hit. I don't try to come in on some blue lipship like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, like you can still make an album with a hit, like you know what I mean, It's been done since the beginning of time, like you know, but you know, people just focus on those records, and so they'll put ten of those same kind of records on there because one of them all you need is to of them to catch and those two songs that carry the album to the older platinum and it's like, you know, it's so it killed the album kind of. But you know, if we don't, you know, start purchasing albums, unfortunately, that's gonna be the continued result. And me, it doesn't affect me because I can give Mama Chiley. I'm talking about for the young generation. It ain't about me, like, oh, buy my album, Hey you don't buy it or don't.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying the.
Speaker 3: Younger generation is gonna suffer because it's just gonna keep recycling new artists because somebody else gonna come with another joint too, and another joint, another joint is gonna catch on TikTok, and then.
Speaker 2: You know it is what it is.
Speaker 6: But they become their disposable at that point, Yeah, exactly. And one thing I wanted to bring up going back to Alchemist is that his model of making music and then making the merch and then he'll sell it at a high rate so that he could make the music he wants to make. And that's what happens when you have a real fan base versus a streaming fan base. It's a different fan base, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And it's not it's I think it's a disservice that we're doing the older generation, like my generation, we can do something our generation up first. Yeah, yeah, and we're just constantly keep sucking it up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But at some point we got to learn.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. We got to learn they kept sucking up, and yeah, we got to help these younger cats a little bit, and we got to fix it a little bit. Because the biggest artists in the world are still in their thirties, you know what I'm saying, are the older cats. They're the biggest artists you can name them. They're all in their thirties. So I think, yeah, like everybody needs to figure something out. For the younger artists, Like I said, we're fine, we can always get some chili. These other dudes.
Speaker 2: Are not going to have what we have, and so we gotta like figure something out.
Speaker 6: I think that I don't know what it is, but making a younger generation of musicians and creatives understand that making something dope is more important than just flossing that you're doing well.
Speaker 3: But they yeah, but that, but they they need some guidance and they just need a little bit of They need to know that it works too though, But.
Speaker 6: You know, or the carrod in front of the person, that's what's every time has fun.
Speaker 2: These dudes are still good writers though they're dope. They don't want to be like they do it on purpose. Sometimes you can see it playing the game.
Speaker 3: They playing the game rightfully, so because like they they coming from no chili, you know what I'm saying. It's easy for me to say like, oh, dude, you know the art now am shit, But that's just how they have to get on right, you know what I'm saying, Like we didn't have to get on like that, so they have to get on playing the game. So they come in a certain way. It's like you know what I mean, and it's and it's a little disservice. We're doing a disservice in that.
Speaker 6: Would you say, like a team like TDE makes a big difference and where a lot of these artists don't have teams like that?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, and no, but I think the team thing is kind of dead too.
Speaker 3: You have to like stand as an individual, right, more so than anything, because like people are just scrolling. I mean you we all scrolled one hundred times million times before we even got here, right, Like, so you have to be able to stand in it as an individual. The team thing is dope, but that's kind of selling too. You have to be an individual.
Speaker 6: So saying that you got all these projects ahead of you, what's your I mean, obviously you might not want to give it all up, but like, how what is your like if you're giving up to the younger gener ration some game, what's your plan? Because you said this is your only thing, Yeah this is it? What is that plan look like? In these next four or five albums, moving forward, just pushing myself. Still, how often do you drop these albums? What's a project thing? I hope I don't take another five years, you know what I'm saying. Fuck, I do not want to take another five years. But be honest, I can't afford another fucking five years.
Speaker 3: I can't afford another five years. I can do like I said, I can always make some chili, but mentally I can. Mentally, no, I can't afford another five So that was the last time of your five year hiatus. Yeah, I don't think I can ever do that again. The last album to this album?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, but what is the next four? Yeah? It would be five years in one month type ship.
Speaker 3: So I just called it five rounded all five. Talking about some money out around it? Who point Sam got five million out there? You know what I mean? But yeah, hopefully hopefully you know, I'm still working right now, so hopefully, uh, I find a pocket and I get it, I'll get it going. But yeah, other than that, I just hope the younger generations just get some help and ship.
Speaker 2: We got to help them somehow, some way. I don't know. I don't know who's the best wrapp of golfer Me take a shot for that.
Speaker 3: I'll take a shot for yeah, yeah, but I'm definitely yeah better than everybody.
Speaker 2: How about DJ College way better than? How about way better than? Okay, here's the big one.
Speaker 3: Scarfaces a good one. Scarface scarfirst is the only going. I haven't played with Scarface, but I've seen his swing. It's pretty good, but I don't know it's handicapped. But I think I'm I'm better than everybody though.
Speaker 2: How did you get put on to motherfucker golf?
Speaker 3: My boy June, he.
Speaker 2: He got me.
Speaker 3: He bet me in the studio ten grand that I wouldn't make a birdie in two years, and I was like, I can do anything.
Speaker 2: What the is a birdie?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: So say it's a part four. So it's a part four.
Speaker 3: You have four shots, because they pretty much have four shots to get a par it's called apart for four shots to get a par. So if you make it in the hole before four shots on your third shot, that's called a birdie, and you get a negative point, so you the game.
Speaker 2: Goes by the lowest amount of points. You know what I'm saying. Why I ain't playing golf. It's too much mathematics.
Speaker 3: It's not really, it's just hit the ball, get faded and go. It ain't nobody tripping on all that ship, Okay, yeah, Like I mean, bro, like, bro, they all trash. Have you not seen these dudes play? They're all trash? Like you can definitely go out there and play and enjoy yourself, like do but collar look good.
Speaker 2: Out there, Cally shout out to Caldi. Man, he got better, he got better. I see he working, he's working, working, working, But but he's definitely trash. It's definitely awful. He's awful. Whoa not awful?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 2: No, he's awful. Like he's a dude.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm proud of him because.
Speaker 3: He really did it, like really playing okay, like like you know what I'm saying, like a lot of people, you know, so you really Hopefully I hope he gets rid of the like, uh, like the rich side of it, Like I don't want to. I don't like that narrative that we kind of push what rich, Like, yeah, you have to be like rich to play golf.
Speaker 2: If that's not true, that's not true.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, so that's that'd be my my my roof with a lot of hip hop and golf right now, because now that it's like coming into this world.
Speaker 2: They're like making it seem like, oh yeah, I'm rich.
Speaker 3: Sh Like yeah, rich people play it, but it's like like, you know, poor people could.
Speaker 2: Should be able to play this ship too. Oh really you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Like, and they're like they might be really really fucking good. You know, Black people be pretty good at every fucking sport. If we start playing golf, maybe at five.
Speaker 2: But it might have some you know that. Yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: But you know that's my whole thing, Like I want more people to like, uh, push it more so as like you know, like it's more a mental thing.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 4: It's like right now, people are pushing it a golf, but they're pushing it as.
Speaker 2: A rich yeah, just like in a hip hop that's hip hop.
Speaker 3: Well yeah yeah, but even outside of the cruise yeah yeah, I mean yeah, it's like.
Speaker 2: Some rich ship. For sure. It's like some rich ship. But what I'm saying is.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is it's a lot of people that are not rich that play golf the trick beer yeah yeah, and just chill and just playing. Yeah, and they like you know what I'm saying, Like they're way you know what I'm saying. That's it's it's more of them than it is people at the country club. You know what I'm saying, poor regular Yeah yeah yeah, so the narrative of it, and it's like, you know, I don't like it because they be putting like this retirement on it too, like you going golf, you're doing it's not even that. It's like, bro, I'm just going for a couple of hours and I'm back getting to it. Like what's the difference of me going to the club. What's the difference in me like playing basketball? You've been playing golf six years?
Speaker 2: Six years?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm and you know, I go on and off, but I'm right now. I'm trash right now because I've been working on the music.
Speaker 2: But you got to keep at it like that.
Speaker 3: Not for sure, it's that's what I'm saying, Like, Bro, everybody's ass like just playing like you know, don't worry about yeah, Like bro.
Speaker 2: Like everybody's ass, Like everybody's ass.
Speaker 3: I'm ass and I'm really good and I'm ass, so like you know what I mean, Like, don't even worry about just play. Like I'm telling you that shit fun and it's cool, Like you out there smoking. You're doing everything here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you you're chilling.
Speaker 3: Music, you got music slapping you chilling and you're just hitting the ball.
Speaker 2: That's it with the shirts though, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. You get fresh.
Speaker 3: Take your shirt, you know what I mean? Dapper up, young man.
Speaker 2: My shirt is eighteen years Yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: Man, my shirt every day, you mean collar shirt.
Speaker 2: Look at I had to change. I don't know if you know I had to change.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wore the same tight ass shirt sunny ad on.
Speaker 2: That what happened? So you you with the golf, a tire, you do the shoes, the spikes. Yeah, yeah, you gotta do the whole ship. You slip, you slip or something. You gotta have it. You do like you like you might golf. I've never done it, but I'm in. I doesn't go. That's mini golf. You know. You know what's my hobby? Played handball?
Speaker 3: Handball?
Speaker 2: Got some prison ship.
Speaker 3: You know you did.
Speaker 2: Prison ship? I love you, right man, I.
Speaker 4: Ain't never hit the pin. Let's talk the ball. Brand new guy with asap rocket. Yeah, how did you link up? You went to New York?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Flock was a fan. He always say I'm his favorite rapper.
Speaker 3: I keeping call him out every time he.
Speaker 2: Got has he said, this has been young.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're my favorite rapp b.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: Brother, that's my brother described he's my space Nah he oh no, I mean.
Speaker 3: Because people got hired. Yeah, he reached out to me.
Speaker 4: I forgot Kendrick Dan Top and and did not know about Yeah, yeah, yeah you didn't know about him.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, I didn't know about him. Okay, but they were saying he was bumping my ship all the time and I was a new artist. He's like, brow you my favorite blah blah blah, this that, and I'm like, okay, blah blah. I didn't hear ship. So anyway, he dropped like payst Sos or so yeah, and I'm like, oh, this is hard. I ain't going I'm in New York. Like right after pays So's pretty much drowing you yeah, and he like, yeah, I'm trying to funk with you.
Speaker 2: And he pulled up him and Yams. Yeah, him and Yams and Saul was with me. We big, we big drugged out. So in the other room faded which one of your homies went to sleep so yeah, yeah, he was in that bitch.
Speaker 4: He was it.
Speaker 2: I was doped up too, but you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They come in, he played the beat, I got a night the brand new with brand new around and he's just like he's like mumbling in my ear or whatever, and I was like, oh yeah, and I just cracked like I said, crack thing when she's stupid.
Speaker 2: He let's go back and forth. Crack thing went stupid.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, I went to go to the bathroom and so was on the couch sleep and he he just like he just stick his hand out crazy.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh my god, you're so sto, like you are ridiculous something. And then yeah, that was. That was that and me been like brothers every since. It's like a shot for the brotherhood. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I look that's my brother cheers. I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 4: As an old Elder Statesman, I don't want to call myself an old Jesus I'm not, But that's the Elder Statesman, the TD.
Speaker 2: He SAP crew.
Speaker 4: Maybe us proud because y'all kind of started together.
Speaker 2: We're kind of like still like together, like yeah, we all cool. Yeah, that's it. Is dope, Like you know what I mean, because.
Speaker 4: In my time, our time, like it was like enemies, like yeah, and it was it was stupid because when you go to a La hood, it's the same fucking hood.
Speaker 2: As New York.
Speaker 4: Just people got different type of you know, gestures and coaches and accents. But it's the same fucking people, the same fucking thing. But y'all showed us the difference. And y'all younger than us, but y'all showing that camra how they say it, camaraderie. There you go, y'all showing us that. I had to look back and say, damn, I wish, I wish we would have participated in that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: We know our whole generation though it was really no real beefs and our from our generation. If you noticed, like we all got along, like all of us, from y G Nipsey to a Sap to everybody that came out Joey Badass, everybody that was like coming out like y'all were unified, like we all of us were like super cool and all supported each other. Like I said, is if you let somebody take your spiders, never yours in the first place. So I feel like all of us was like secure, y'all. Yeah, we all had our own bands, like we weren't even tripping, like you know what I'm saying, So we always supported each other, all of us, Like I.
Speaker 4: Mean, that's why I said earlier, like y'all like the only crews like that didn't sound like each other, Like.
Speaker 2: Give me TD as a crew TD, you know as well, like.
Speaker 4: In our generation it was dope like my favorite rappers granddadd at you listen to my my ship.
Speaker 2: You can't hit granddad at you and at all. It's like I want to be.
Speaker 4: Exact opposite of what I and I felt like that's what you guys were doing. Like you guys were like being so unique. That's why I said, like Andre three thousands and you and your intro is because it's so different for what you guys.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm so influenced. I want to show you something different. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've definitely influenced by podcast like Mob oh man, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like Snoop, Mob, Deep You and Compone for real, We'll tang Like.
Speaker 3: Bro, I can name nas literally my favorite rapper, Like bro, you know what I'm saying, Like I can name all day corrupt.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like corrupt was so hard, but.
Speaker 4: You can sit a handle on your on the wheel on one of your first hits. Yeah it was, it was, And that was the first record y'all did together.
Speaker 2: No brand new guy and then hands on the Wheel.
Speaker 3: I hate even one like I got this joint. I'm like, I got the radio joint. That's when it was like kind of like trying to get on the radio and ship. I got a radio joint, sent it to you. But then my boy he sent it back. Just you know, think another one. We got another one, this one.
Speaker 2: I didn't make the in the studio together.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't make this one in it he asked, No, actually no, I sent it to him in these shows. No, he came to l A and put up to Hector Homie Hector studio.
Speaker 2: And yeah we did it. Yeah, you know it's another story. I love what.
Speaker 4: Because I only got invited to the Grammys once. The Grammy, right, I lost me too.
Speaker 2: I lost. I lost a few time. You got four nominations out there.
Speaker 4: Five few I lost count never really apially, I don't know whatever. I just I hate war shows. I never went again. I just couldn't stand it. I couldn't stand losing pun was alive at this time. But you went to the Grammys because your daughter actually yeah yeah yeah, and then not only you went to the Grammys that time, but you drink duce with jay Z.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I didn't, No, I didn't drink duce. He has some duce. He offered you something. No, he didn't offer me. No, he could say I didn't. So he had two cups and he had some duce.
Speaker 3: And he had two cups, and I guess it was like for one when it was a boy or something. And he looked at me, he like, and I was like like, like this could have been like like I only got two, like you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. It was all good.
Speaker 3: I was with my daughter and ship, you know what I mean, just me and so I wasn't trip if a dad was you that day.
Speaker 2: My daughter was ready to dip. She was hot.
Speaker 3: She was hot at Chance.
Speaker 2: She was not fucking with chance. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When they called his name, she.
Speaker 2: Was like, why he went another award? I was like, it's third one. He one. I'm like she was how old was she old? Was she? I don't know? She was like uh.
Speaker 3: Eight, Oh yeah, yeah, she was over. She was like, why he wants soon as they said his name after uh for Best Rap Album, because they brought the camera because like you know, they bring the cameras for like the reaction in case you win, and they brought the camera in front of her and she like squeezed me like like as if like about to win. Yeah, no, I ain't gonna you lost. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she was mad for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As soon as they said Chance the rapper, she hot.
Speaker 2: She was why they say his name? Why that's the third one. I'm like, good for him, man, It's all good, like you know, like she was not fucking with it. She was not fucking with addition, She's like let's go. I'm like yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: So right after, right after Chance got his award, like let's go, and Jay was just like yo.
Speaker 2: Keep going in and I was like, oh, thank you.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm out, what's up you? Asap Rock is gonna do an album together?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked about it, but I mean we both like, like like I said, me and him just ghost each other so much, bro, like wild man, Yeah yeah, like you know what I mean, he'll be I'll be looking for him.
Speaker 2: I can't find him. He'll be looking for me and be looking for me coming out. Yeah, I see it.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, I'll call you tomorrow and then it's just changed.
Speaker 2: He got.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I gotta get him back. You ghosted me full week. I'm gonna have to ghoti yout full week. You got a wait a week now? No, no, but you know, now that's my boy. I was just at his house, uh, looking at the new art he was making and coming up with he called, he called, he called the art that he drawing. He do, you know, he's always doing clothes videos, you know, music. He was just letting me see how the already was working on.
Speaker 2: Pretty much. That's an ill couple creatively. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's different.
Speaker 4: Kanye's daughter dropping the album. Yeah, elementary dropping drop.
Speaker 6: That's a little crazy, but that's ill at the same time, elementary drop, it's crazy, dope.
Speaker 2: Hold on, did she drop out of the elementary though?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I hope not. I mean the home schooling, the home schooling. Then maybe home schooling is fine too, but maybe that's that's that's that's hard. Is she actually dropping out? Like right now? What does she need school for? Though? Like you make money.
Speaker 3: You gotta.
Speaker 1: Looking at these teachers like you should be educated that what the fun does he need from school? All of their kids, what are they fucking b They need their own education to learn their own ship? Man, what have you learned in school that you applied in life? Now you need some fundamentals? Show me what you have you learned one plus one.
Speaker 4: I learned how to read, yeah, I learned how to say geographic geography.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just learned history. Don't want history? You know what the best geography is?
Speaker 4: Corey, Like everybody can tour, bro learned how to do something, Learn how to do something, to see the fucking world, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Learn how to do something you want to learn in school so you can learn and listen to tour.
Speaker 4: I know motherfuckers who got forty dollars and they go to Bali every two months and they all out.
Speaker 3: And I've been looking at that motherfucker sometimes, like damn, the motherfuckers be posting some ship. I'm like, ain't no way you out in fucking cake niggas a saving niggas just saving now.
Speaker 2: It's crazy backers. You don't got to they be homeless out there were homeless you got the it's just for real. The hospitals, it's no hospital. What do they call ship?
Speaker 4: Listen, man, verb NBS. Now since Donald Trump, they've been living. Man, I'm going back to that ship. Sleepy Joe was sucking Upucker's getting locked up. You're sleepy Joe.
Speaker 8: Sleepy Joe mane goes politics.
Speaker 5: We sunk up every time. You ain't gonna answer this. The Democrat, I'm a nobody. I'm gonna nothing.
Speaker 2: But I'm not a Democrat. Are Republicans? So I don't know?
Speaker 3: You know, I vote. I vote according a vote. You know what I'm saying. On whoever it's the best candidate. Yeah, I'm a flip flop voter.
Speaker 2: It's not a problem when you're on the team.
Speaker 6: That's the problem when you're a Democrat or you're Republican and you on that team no matter what, that's the issue.
Speaker 2: In the I followed my brother fat Joe. No, you don't, man, whatever he does.
Speaker 4: You do.
Speaker 2: Until he put up the Trump sneaker, I was like, yo, hold on and didn't.
Speaker 4: But he didn't know he has a sneak ahead. I don't know, man, Listen, Joe, you're confusing me. My brother, I deserve a text, Give me a text, Fat.
Speaker 2: Joe, let me know what talk which sort we flipped flopping too?
Speaker 3: I don't I don't you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think we benefit from neither of those dudes.
Speaker 6: And both of those parties aren't couds with each other. Bro almost spready to vote for again that part? How did that record come about.
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: That makes it?
Speaker 2: That was real? That was a real good ship right there, that part.
Speaker 3: So I had this record, Cardos sent it boom that part make it? When I was the top and I'm like, bro, I want Kanye on it. I was like, I'm a street for the stars, right, I want Kanye on this motherfucker Like all right, let me see what's up? And I guess he sent it to him and I ran it to him. Kobe's Last Game?
Speaker 2: Hold on, you going to talk about what did you just say? Kobe's last game? Kobe's last game? You ran into Kanye West?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah and Stable Center Yeah, not the Crypto arena, Staple Center, Stable Center continued, Yeah, he dropped sixty bo yeah, Kobe, it's a sixty game, yeah, legendary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he yeah.
Speaker 2: I ran into ya and he like, uh, I got the.
Speaker 3: Record blah blah blah, that'sh it hard blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what the fuck he telling you this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he just what you know, he just we introduce that just my first time meeting him too, and then he just like, I don't know that. I don't remember that part. I don't know not that part. Yeah, we slap hands or whatever, and he's just like, oh, yeah, pleasure to meet you, bro. The record hard blah blah blah, I'm gonna do it tonight. I'm gonna send it to you tomorrow blah blah blah. Showing up the next day, I had to burst and I was like, what the fuck? No politics, no politics, no nothing. For the love here take it and.
Speaker 2: Showed up to the video. He showed up to the video by itself, by itself. He showed to the video byself.
Speaker 3: I'm like Kanye Cole And then he wanted to hear my album and that I played some of the album. He's like, this is suit in your car and my car. I had a little portion. He listened to some of the album and the Porsche and I'm like, this is what the fuck? Like this is Kanye West, like what the fuck is going on? This motherfucker jump out by himself, eating the car, my homies and Ship there.
Speaker 2: They couldn't believe it too. They just stare in that Carr like what's up with col Like why why Dolo?
Speaker 8: Like by itself right, like damn, I couldn't believe it, like this is yah, And then you went to McDonald's right.
Speaker 3: Like bro. But I mean, but that's another thing, like when people love you like ain't nobody would never disrespect like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You would be such a sucker to like try to harm you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And like you know, that's the respect that you know he carried through his art that he put out. You know what I'm saying, Like I mean, was nobody gonna do nothing anyway, But I'm just saying, like, you know he can move like that. You know, that's how I want to be able to move like Ship by myself. You know every time you shouldn't.
Speaker 6: Though, but you know, I mean the flipp is someone will say that's that's arrogant as well, because we also.
Speaker 3: Talk about you know, kind of knowing yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I mean when there's like we said that sometimes sometimes, yeah, you should have security and like people knowing where you're going to be here, you're.
Speaker 6: Not even security, just even if it's you know, someone in your friends, just someone there watching where you're not watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, for sure. But he felt, you know, he felt comfortable and he was comfortable and that was dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if alien comes down, right, I'm gonna say, what's up. I'm a smoky I gotta smoke.
Speaker 4: And he's smoking with you and he's saying, Yo, school board, I need one hip hop album to tell me to describe all of hip hop?
Speaker 2: What's that one hip hop album? You would tell that? Ellie? You know I'm gonna say Blue Lips that you know I'm gonna say.
Speaker 7: I thought you would say imatic. No, okay, I love you, but I'm not telling them no one chance, one chance din't get the bank match.
Speaker 4: But all right, So you was number eighty four playing football with Andrew Harris and Sam Yeah these guys went on to the NFL.
Speaker 2: I don't think so they made it like like college though.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah they did some they did some shout out to them. Honestly, bro, I was I was still game when I was playing football. I was just showing up to practice. I didn't even know who on the fucking team. I know like maybe three people on that team. I remember a few people. I remember a few. I remember the round tree round tree where you at man roundtree. The thing is farmed ug round tree. He was a good one. He was a good.
Speaker 2: He was a good linebacker. Dude.
Speaker 3: My homeboy Floyd played on the team. I do remember Sam Rodger, Ryan, Ryan, Henry. Uh those schools is West l A. Yeah, That's that's pretty much all I remember. And I'm pretty sure I know faces for sure, but names.
Speaker 2: Not so much.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, but I was wild. I used to have my round tree of this. But y'all, I never probably meet him, but I used to have my burner on the side. I was extra out. I to have my burner on the side of the practice.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a dude.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a dude that I didn't really see.
Speaker 3: But we was on the same team and I just didn't know that. It was just stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was. It was dumb, bro.
Speaker 3: It was just like, that's not even a flex really, but it's just hilarious, hilarious, stir like having my gun on the sideline like I'm.
Speaker 2: Like like I'm gonna run to the gun like.
Speaker 3: Dumb man.
Speaker 2: Ship you know what I'm saying, you Lewis ship early look stupid. It's just dumb. Like hey, relax man, take off your question. Let's talk about throwing with twenty one savage. Yeah, how does that come about?
Speaker 3: That was me just like you know, like you said earlier, you can.
Speaker 2: Just make the hits and do it. And I was just like, let's make a hit real quick, and I just it was easy. Should be easy, yeah, like ship like studio Nah.
Speaker 3: I sent it to him, I put up on him and then just game the record and he's like, yeah, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: And that was it.
Speaker 3: We don't really got like no relationships like ship easy, bro to be honest, like making them type of records that's easy. I could do like twenty of them ships in the night like easy.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you because I asked Nas, you know a person that everyone loves. I said, Nas, has there ever been anyone's ever a front on you on the feature? And he said no and then he said stopped me said yes, you know what, there's somebody that front of me and he said.
Speaker 2: It's prince and I'll tell you why lady if you don't remember.
Speaker 4: But is there anyone, because, like I said, you have some of the most phenomenal guest features ever. Has there anyone who's ever told you no or ghosted you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A bunch who I won't say their names. That's not cool. Just one, just one one?
Speaker 3: What's the one I could say? I don't I don't think. I don't think this one respectfully.
Speaker 2: There's a few. Okay, it's a few. If you want to name a few, I'm.
Speaker 3: With that, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who did you front on a lot? Shot? Shot? I don't want to shot too. I don't think that's fair. I don't think there No, it'sn't it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that's fair because like just because somebody don't do a verse because it was versus.
Speaker 2: I didn't do it for people that I really liked the song but they.
Speaker 6: Don't really like front Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, like getting in the way of it likely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I mentioned, like I had a chance to do a song with Nipsey and I loved the song, but he wasn't front on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I wasn't front on him. It was just like timing and ship.
Speaker 3: So sometimes it just don't work out, especially now the way you know, rappers are like fucking mega megastars now, so people be moving around.
Speaker 2: We like athletes and ship.
Speaker 4: Ain't one person that didn't you first for you, I'm a name one of the homies.
Speaker 2: Then Kendrick didn't do a verse from me before.
Speaker 3: You said just one.
Speaker 2: I respect that you take a shot that take a shot, take a shot for hills breathing right now. Chop six with Travis Scott, Yeah, how did that come about?
Speaker 3: The same things like make up and that's gonna that was just a Billboard album. It was like just hit Billboard, do this, do this, do this like that? Just I could.
Speaker 2: I can literally do whatever.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: This ship is easy. I'm telling you this ship is easy.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm nasty, bro. I mean, but that's not like a song that I hold like as like one of my greatest songs.
Speaker 2: And it's a good song man, great fun.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. But I can do that type of ship like I can do whatever. That's ship easy. Oh that's ship easy, Okay, Collar.
Speaker 6: Greens don't say that's easy too.
Speaker 3: I did that and Man of the Year the same night, Great Records. Man, I was high as a motherfucker too. Let me at off making greens.
Speaker 2: Do you eat?
Speaker 4: Call of greens of course? Now what kind of collagreeens do you eat with the pork in it?
Speaker 2: Or with the turkey in it?
Speaker 3: Brom from l A, I eat pork in turkey. Bro, I'm not off Muslim brother, you know what I mean. Shout out to my Muslim brothers. F o y, you know what I'm saying. But you know, but I'm not like a super pork eater though, Like I eat like pork in greens.
Speaker 9: Like bacon, you know what I'm saying. But I'm not really like nah, I'm not like eating like pork chops and pork.
Speaker 4: But no.
Speaker 3: So so I finished Oxymoron and yeah, I told the story before I finished, actually moron, I.
Speaker 2: You know, topping them hit me like, bro, we.
Speaker 3: Need to uh single, Bro, we need a single blah blah blah blah blah, you know, just to me coming out and I'm like, you know, I had the hands on the wheel and you know, I'm like on fire and ship just gonna be a big moment.
Speaker 2: Bro blah blah, blah blah.
Speaker 3: And I'm like kissed, you know, because mainly's just somebody telling me what to do.
Speaker 2: You didn't want to be told. Yeah yeah yeah, like you know, just stubborn like an artist.
Speaker 3: He was right though, Yeah it wasn't wrong, you know what I'm saying, Like he was just one right, But I was just like, bro, I got studio, like that's good, Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I saw the future of that right yeah yeah, to get to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was pissed. I got high at ship. I got a brust some lean yeah, brush my lean.
Speaker 2: You out of control, you brust some lean.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, brought some lean and I took some pills and I just mad as a motherfucker. I made Collar Greens real quick, okas mad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was mad, yeah, mad, Like they told me a little bit nobody eat call greens man, you was thinking, I was thinking, So I went, you know, made Call of Greens and then after that I just loaded.
Speaker 3: You said Outcasts they like, uh influenced it, like yeah, yeah, it's like Outcast did this ship. I'm thinking, like, oh, they want like some pop ship, even though I love pop ship. But I was just like, oh, they probably want me to gold the same Rouder's hands on the wheel, right, And then that's when you know I picked that beat though I picked you know, I could have picked anything, but I you know, I lucky picked the pop to me, you're a producer too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I am more than I am a rapper producer. You be cracking on the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, I did the ship real quick, being and then we just loaded up Manute of the Year right after, and I did that, and I remember Dot calling me on the FaceTime about some ship, was asking me about something and he heard in the Year playing like this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then because he was working on Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe video, and then he heard Man of the Year in the background playing and hear me rapping, He's like, bro, I want to put this on the end of.
Speaker 2: One of his videos he had.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if it was Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe that he put it at the background, but it was one of his videos. So yeah, I had to make sure I finished the last verse, and I just you know, I just had a verse no hook and ship like that, and so I just finished it right quick, and yeah, and I was just yeah, and I just sent it in like here do y'all wanted singles? I was like at an attitude with it. Y'all wanted singles, go to singles them through text in and.
Speaker 2: Thank you job.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know, I'm mad and ship, you know what I mean, all like trying to tell me something like you know, like just stubborn.
Speaker 2: Those are great records, man. Yeah, yeah, okay, let's talk about goovy Tony.
Speaker 3: Groovy Tony. That's just hard blank face tray klabody, fucking a K, selling arcotics, step my dollars up to Bill Gates, pushing all limits, looking timid, neat the back off punk ass cops and crackers won us with all blackoff.
Speaker 2: Illume. No. I was just bullshit, just fucking around, Like I said, this shit is easy, bro.
Speaker 3: Just turn the beat on. Just yell at the fucking wall, say that shit. That's how that shit came out, you know what I mean? And put kiss on there and that was history. While I that was easy. But I just I just you know, all music is like, you know, my stories is all the same, bro. I just turned the beat on and yell at the fucking wall, Yell at the wall. And I'm normally by myself in the studio. I'll put like you know, sometimes I'll do ideas with a bunch of people, but for the most part, I just I'm by myself early in the morning, just yelling at the wall bro just and just piece it together.
Speaker 4: It's about yah, yay, yeah, yay. Was that about cocaine conah?
Speaker 3: I'm ready yeah ya, like once again, just so it was like a street single, man, Like, there's no no interest, nothing introspective about it. It was just a record like, you know, let's make a slap, had fistols in my hands that you know what I mean. I don't even know that ship no more, but that ship was banging, you know what I mean. It was like a street single. It was like the first single off Oxymorra. It was like before I hit him with this pop shit, that's like, uh, let's hit him with the uh. I normally do that with every album though, like Groovy Tony was technically the first single off blank Face, and but that part like I'll be saving like the joint, so I just like because I don't want him to box it in or have an idea what this album is going to be. And then I just give him a three sixty almost so yeah, yeah, was like, yeah, I'm gonna give you this before I give you these pops because I'm coming fop with it with the Cloud of Greens and Man of the Year. I don't I mean, is it is? I mean pop though, rapis pop? Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything popular?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like I don't think I don't.
Speaker 6: Hear those records thats pop though, Yeah, yeah, I mean I hear them as pop.
Speaker 2: But I think you're making hardcore music that happens to turn to pop.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I think I think pop isaking down on pop.
Speaker 6: I think looking down on pop is just the way that you seem like you're going into the booth saying this is a pop record already.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I hear it as a pop record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what I'm saying, yeah yeah, but no, I just I just I.
Speaker 2: Love pop records though. I love like Nerd and Ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I love yeah real yeah yeah, I love that ship like so it's like, okay, we love it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's pop yeah yeah yeah, but it wonn't pop when they went in the studios.
Speaker 6: What I'm trying to tell y'all like I mean rapist, yeah, rapist, Like if you're a true creative, you're not really really saying. I mean, don't get me wrong, there are artists that go in there and say right, but I don't think any real like hip hop artist goes in and be like, Yo, this is gonna be the pop is pop?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no was out there for that was hardcore bro. I mean but I can't hear it.
Speaker 3: But I can't hear it beat and hear in my direction and tell like oh yeah I'm going I'm going this way and not accept it. But like I said, rap is the highest form so like of music to me, like so we're everything, Like like even though it's a pop I wouldn't want my ship to be in the pop category. I wouldn't want that ship to be like nominated a pop record of the year. Hell no, I feel disrespected. Yes, it is a rap record, but what I'm just saying is just like you know, like you knew it was gonna hit the masses, yeah pop yeah pop?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you wasn't making it for your homies just.
Speaker 3: Big yeah yeah yeah yeah that was I knew what that song was gonna be. Yeah, exactly what it was water Water. It's a little bake, another easy one. Cardo sent it. Kendrick had to beat. Kendrick had to beat, and he was like, I can't do nothing with this, like you take this motherfucking.
Speaker 2: Card already had to hook on there. That was Kendrick's beat first. Yeah, it was just beat.
Speaker 3: And he gave it to me like yeah, Carlo had to hook on it already and I just wrapped on it. That shit was easy and send it a little baby like that was just like the easy process, easy process. But yeah, there wasn't nothing deep about that one either. Yeah, nothing deep about that one.
Speaker 2: So which record is hard for you?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 2: Everything you're saying is all that shit easy?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 2: What's a tyfficult record that you went into and said this is Blue Slides? That's because it's like that's whose world is this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you know.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Because super introspective, like happened to tap into that that vulnerability right climb like and the first words hitting how they hit, but a climb out of that hole before you fuck up your blessings. Like I've been trying to come up with a song whereas I like do that for so long. You know what I'm saying, Like my whole career has been me trying to get a line off like that pretty much, like you know what I'm saying, Like I'm always searching for this like thing where I feel like it's perfect, Like, oh, I did this perfect thing and that's what you know.
Speaker 2: So I feel like blue slides because it took me my whole career.
Speaker 3: To be able to do that, like climb out of that hole before you fuck up your blessings, before you realize that it's over winds hard to get desperate.
Speaker 2: That like sums up pretty much.
Speaker 3: A lot came out the gate with you know what I'm saying, Like that sums up a lot of shit that's going on right now. So many people in desperate situations and doing desperate shit right now to just stay afloat and it's mad weird, like I said, we said earlier like people scared the act of age and you know that line to me and those words are like I've been working my whole career to say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why didn't this album be all visual? Because that to me, when I hear it, it feels visual.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So when I was rolling it out, I showed a lot of visuals, Like, I did a lot of visual parts of it, but I didn't really want to do anything after the album dropped for like a couple of weeks, put anything out and just let it live for a little bit and then I can back into the album. So I do have more visuals and I'm shooting. I'm pretty much making it that a visual album book, making it like an art piece, the whole art, the whole thing, like a whole theme around it. So yeah, it's more visuals to it. I film myself for the last four years recording it to so it's years of footage of me just making this album. So I have a lot to document the whole album. I knew, I knew this album was like special for me, and so I documented it from day one. So we go see this on Netflix hopefully. I mean, I ain't gonna just say Netflix, I ain't about to give them the play like that ship.
Speaker 2: Who knows? Who knows what's going on video? Who knows what's going on Spotify? Whoever got that break the Bank check?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Whoever got that? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Whatever? Whatever, Break the.
Speaker 3: Bank Alchemist Alchemist killed it with this one, oh man alchemists being at Alchemist. So pulling up to out. You know, we already had a relationship. We did to my homie record, and now I'm like trying to take it there. So now I'm like trying to you know, focusing on hooks and ship. We did Hoover Street and break the bank. But yeah, I was just so high again once again super lean out and I just did the hook and then mumbled pretty much to versus and then I came back like the next day, and then I kind of pinned it, pinned it down, fell asleep, pinned the second verse, fell asleep t.
Speaker 2: Third This sounds like roll the third verse. Yeah, so just up and down, fall asleep, wake up.
Speaker 3: But you know, it was just one of those moments, you know, like I said, he's my favorite producer. Anytime I get in he's incredible. Anytime I'm with him, it's always like, you know, like I caim you know, this is like my dog. Yeah, Like so you know, it was like one of those let's break the bank, you know what I mean. That's why where I was feeling with it, Like I came I finally got to this point and I'm in here with my favorite producer. Like you know what I'm saying, Like, let's kick that. You know what I mean, Let's break the bank.
Speaker 2: Sure. So I love the respect that you showed Kot. Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So God comes to you one day, God real God, God, God comes in your bedroom. He got k Dot in the headlock.
Speaker 2: What a scenario. God got a gun to key God.
Speaker 4: Jesus, God is Walace And God says to you, you got one record to make for me, school woke you.
Speaker 2: You got one beat.
Speaker 4: And one feature to make the masterpiece to save k dot life?
Speaker 2: What God gotta be doing? What the devil? Can it be? Defel?
Speaker 4: God is the found nigga too. Let's just be clear. God made the devil. God made evil. So God, you wake up and you're like, oh ship.
Speaker 2: God, what's up? God? Like nigga. You make a decision. You got one nigga to make a beat and one feature.
Speaker 3: Right now, right now.
Speaker 2: So it's like like what type of song it has to be?
Speaker 3: Like a fucking like hit record or just ad I got one chance to do something, all right, so I have to go of right now? I would say probably me and Tyler. That's the feature yeah, and he did. Yeah, he's doing the beat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not the feature. He's doing in the feature. Okay, whoa, whoa, you fuck me up now, don't tell me. God don't like that. I'm talking. So and he did that is a producer.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 2: You fuck me up? You forgot he me situation. God, this is just mere taking kao next alright you you and Tyler was gonna make the beat and he's gonna do the firse. Yeah. Dave Katoks like yeah, because you know that too, So we.
Speaker 3: Just say yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: A lie, I wasn't ready for I want to a shot for that. I want to shot that. I wasn't really I was. You're gonna say nothing, Dre? No one who put you on? Correct? Uh top put me on? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He said as well, yeah, yeah, I know that. He tried to like vouch he vouched. It was like so, Manny Smith, Manny Smith, I wanted to sign me from Interscope and d J pretty much Jimmy, I.
Speaker 2: Mean's nephew, DJ, you got a shot. That's your shot, Okay, cool, cool slot what you're saying about about drear.
Speaker 3: So Dre yeah, Dre pretty much he heard I had a song called what's the Word with j Rock. Then he heard it, He's like, oh yeah, yeah, I need to this is hard.
Speaker 2: After Kendrick and Dre. Yeah, but both of us wasn't signed at the time.
Speaker 3: We was just fucking with Dre's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, give credits to Dre on for sure, for sure, for sure. Like, uh, because you're saying it's.
Speaker 6: Legit, because you know, some people will highlight Dre and it and and make it seem like they just using Dre's name, like Dre. Yeah, yeah, he heard what's the word and yeah, but but they were like already interested in it, but there wasn't like.
Speaker 2: Like, oh yeah, we're going to do it. J Yeah.
Speaker 3: J was like uh you know, this is it, this is it. Was like yeah, we're going to sign it. Yeah yeah. So yeah he had yeah, he had a he had a piece to do it.
Speaker 2: And no politics again, right, no.
Speaker 3: Politics, no politics, no politics. Dre is a good dude, bro. He let me, let me, let me use the student to mix blue lips.
Speaker 6: Actually, so you think Dre is like sorry, the same way that you were saying, how you want to highlight home team, you know, your city. It seems like Dre's trying to give back in his way.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, he always did though. I mean, Dre always put on Like I'm just saying that for the people that don't know, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, Drake. You know what I'm saying. That's this whole thing he put on. He put on for the city.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. What you do with it after that is on you, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But Dre put on, he put on Like if anybody put on, Drake put on, he wouldn't got everybody. He wasn't trying to get motherfuckers from over here, Like you came from the city, bro, get out, you know what I mean. Dre was looking for motherfuckers from the city, So he put on for Shure for sure.
Speaker 2: Did he go there?
Speaker 4: You go?
Speaker 3: That was I did that at a TD studio and Carson that was me city Carson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was me trying to und like my daughter Nicki Minaj. Hilarious, You lost me on that one, like your daughter Nicki.
Speaker 3: Minaj, like my daughter and Nicki Mina. Yeah, like just like Nikki used to play with her voice, you're.
Speaker 2: Trying to manipulate your voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like I was like like just choking around almost like uh like trying to say it like my daughter, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Nicki Minaj influenced that, let's go but.
Speaker 4: Creatively be listening to you, Everyone listening to you. You describing that right now, and you said it earlier, but I want you to to reiterate that. Why aren't you scared to take chances where artists are and artists follow us traditional route?
Speaker 2: Why aren't you scared to do that? Because I will always like have like a joint on there. You know what I'm saying. You're that confident? Yeah, yeah it really is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah that.
Speaker 2: Too, like you know.
Speaker 3: And I was like I said, you know, I always you know, I always may like hit records and shit.
Speaker 2: So it was like.
Speaker 3: Once you do that, you can do what you want after that, when you got those records locked in, like uh, just make you know, make make what you want to make, really make what you want to make. And yeah, I always had like this weird ear, so like, well I try to fake it, like you know, like I had this other ear.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, try to fit in in something that I don't.
Speaker 3: So I just always stay true to myself, even at times when I thought I wasn't being true to myself. You know, I was still being true to myself. You know what I'm saying straight up?
Speaker 2: So when does the Schoolboy q Oh not documentary but.
Speaker 4: Not reality, but oh, like curb your enthusiasm sign failed type of show dropping it has to You've seen vit, Staples.
Speaker 3: Watch that, man.
Speaker 2: I haven't got a chance men Champs, and I have not seen it to jay Z yet.
Speaker 4: I've been trying to get a good clean clip of it to send it to Jay and I haven't got it.
Speaker 2: So I'm just gonna let the go. But when are you? When are you? You're going to do that? Your personality is hilarious.
Speaker 3: I would love to do it, but at the same time, my heart is still really in the music.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know if I could music and golf.
Speaker 6: You should do a golf version of Golf Golf through Kirby Enthusiasm.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually wrote a golf show. Actually really, I did Smoke Weed and golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would like to be a part of it. Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: I actually wrote a golf show, but I never like pitched it to nobody or try to like.
Speaker 2: Do anything with it. I just wrote it. Because it's just like writing. It's not called Let's go golfing. No, I don't. It doesn't even have a name yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, but it's I written like I written like uh, I would say seven episodes at least, I think I did. I don't know, like the structure and ship. I just wrote things down like the moments. Yeah yeah yeah, and like just like kind of put it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't. I probably need to sit with a rider though. So let me ask you. When you go golfing, do you go with the homies? Yeah?
Speaker 3: My boy, Royce Clayton, ex baseball player, didn't know how to act like I mean, that's my.
Speaker 2: That's my he's an ex baseball player. Yeah yeah, my homie homies. Yeah, they don't. They don't really be into it. They don't really be into it. Yeah, they're not really into it. But I done brought a couple.
Speaker 3: Of homies and it's like, oh yeah, this is cool. It's cool.
Speaker 2: Then they don't be into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, but you know they get it though, once they get out there one time, they understand like, oh I get what you beyond you know what I mean, like just getting faded like as the reason I can't even say I don't stop drinking anymore, but you know, I haven't been drinking like that.
Speaker 2: Very nervous.
Speaker 4: We didn't want to be the first people to camera. They're gonna blame.
Speaker 2: Us for this, and I wasn't like ship like that, you know what I'm saying. So it's not like a big deal.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite part of the game. Is it making the music or performing the music?
Speaker 3: It depends, It depends, It depends.
Speaker 2: It depends, because I feel them both. I feel both. Like making the music, it's nothing like making the music and it's nothing like.
Speaker 3: Performing that is doing the crazy show and they singing the words and you're looking at somebody in the face and they like really into it and they and it's like, oh shit.
Speaker 2: But you know what I'm saying. So I think it's like, you know, they're equal, because I heard.
Speaker 4: You, me, me, not only you, but all the TV. But you guys are fucking stadium festival. Yeah, music makers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I heard you say you feel more intimate having a two hundred people, you know what I mean, gathering?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think you said you said you rather do sobs like around the world, like a SOB type of setence New York around the world. Is that because you can see people's expressions, you can see people's.
Speaker 2: Love for it. I haven't done it in a while.
Speaker 3: One. Two I feel like for this album, this album is the way it's made. It's made like to be played like. I don't even see how I can perform a tour on this album and not do it in order what you mean.
Speaker 2: The whole album?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, It's like one of those type of things. So I'm trying to figure it out now what I'm going to do with my tour, how we're going to do it because it still has to make sense financially because people like has to you know, other you know, people.
Speaker 2: Gotta eat too.
Speaker 3: I can't just be like on me and just everybody taking you know what I'm saying. So we're trying to figure it out, like how we're going to do it right now. The so the the SOB's Arountal World probably won't work out. We already tried, We already thought about it and.
Speaker 2: Try to get it to it makes more sense. Is the arena type of thing? No, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't fill the arena everywhere, but I could, you know, do bring it down a little bit and then't just do multiple shows. But I probably won't be able to do the two hundred cap like I wanted to, but I can break it down to maybe a thousand or seven hundred and didn't do multiple throws like that.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, our show is about giving people their flowers. Yeah, show, it was about showing people they love. Thank you, Bro, you a motherfucking legend, your motherfucking lyricists, your motherfucking person that's keeping this genre and this generation alive. We wanted to give you your flowers. We want to tell you how dope you are, how ill it is. We want you to thank you, thank you your artist, artists, your king of kings, and we wanted to salute you to your face.
Speaker 2: Man, say tell you this is your platform. Thank you.
Speaker 4: You ain't got to be dropping nothing. You could just come here. I just want to just talk about your motherfucking you know, your great.
Speaker 2: Hairs and your.
Speaker 4: Great hairs, and we don't give a fuck. This is your motherfucking flatform. This is fucking hip hop, and you are hip hop.
Speaker 2: So we wanted to get you maybe what pictures, so drive to that's good. Yeah, drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC.
Speaker 6: Production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon I g at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com