Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister Boostmobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boozmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by colar Guard, a non invasive colon cancer screening test.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 3: Colon cancer is considered one of the most preventable, yet least prevented cancers. When called in the early stages, colon cancer has a survival rate of ninety percent, so screening and early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer deaths. That's why the American Cancer Society recommends that if you're at average risk, you begin screening for colon cancer at age forty five, and the convenient way to do that is with coli Guard tests. The cold Guard test allows you to be in control of your colon colon cancer screening through prescription based tests delivered to your door with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy, liquid prep, no days off, no invasive procedures, Plus colon Guard test is affordable. Most insured patients pay zero dollars and if follow up colonoscopy is needed after a positive colon Guard test, this is usually covered by insurance. Also, so if you're forty five years of older and at average risk, you can ask your health care provider about screening for colon cancer with the colon Guard test. You can also request a coli Guard prescription today at coli guard dot com slash podcast. The color Guard test is intended to screen the DOLSE forty five and order at average risk of col director cancer. Do not use COVID guard tests if you have had athenemus, have inflammatory biblesease, and certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family district of col erectal cancer. The color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopies. High risk patients color Guard tests and adults forty five to forty nine if estimated based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older, false positive and false negatives can occur. Colordgard is available by prescription only. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us. We know it's late, and so we greatly greatly appreciate you still showing your loyal and faithful support. Welcome to another episode of Nightcap brought to you by Boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store from boostmobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network today, joining us a little later in the program. The biggest bass thus far, Rick Ross, But we got to talk about this Lakers.
Speaker 2: Next game, it goes to overtime.
Speaker 3: Down by as many as thirteen points, the Lakers rallied late and take it in overtime one thirteen to one oh nine. They improved to forty and twenty one. The arena was electric for a regular season game. Luca sensational thirty two points, twelve assists, several rebounds, Go James finished it off with four consecutive free throws. Lebron James thirty one, twelve and eight gave vinscent off the bench, didn't miss from three point. Ar was two of thirteen in his return, but he had one big three in overtime to put him up five uh and they never trailed after that. They were tired in the ballgame, O Joe, but they never trailed. The Lakers look really good when you get Lebron James playing off the ball. He can get He's gonna get some runouts. He's gonna dive, he's gonna slash to the basket. He's gonna be in the dunken spots, get some easy baskets. Luca controlling the game because he has someone that all the guys that he played with, the one guy that reminds him of himself is Luka Donjet, a guy that can control the tempo, the pace of the game. I wanted to be this, I'm gonna play at this pace. I wanted to be that I'm gonna play at that pace. They were sensational last tonight. The arena was electric, and they get a hard fault victory over a good team, not a great team, a good team in the Knicks. Jalen Brunson suffered a lankle injury. He went up, came down on Austin. Looked like he came down on Austin Reeve's foot. You know how that is, Oyo, you come down that hurt, that hurt. But watching the game, Ojo, what'd you like about what you thought from the Lakers?
Speaker 5: Listen, the Lakers looked very good. Luca and Lebron together, It's special. I didn't know it would look the way it did this early Obviously it was kind of shaking with Luca not having any any type of rhythm, his legs running up underneath him.
Speaker 2: He was coming off of injury.
Speaker 5: But the way they look right now, I mean, listen, when you talk about Lebron being able to play another two, three, maybe even four years, you know, being able to car to carry a load, it's a possibility. I'm I'm listen. I'm I'm not much of a Laker fan. I mean, as you are. I'm a fan of the game of basketball now that I'm continuing to learn the game, you know, as as time goes on. I'm excited for the Lakers in general. Like the Knicks didn't play bad. Huh, they didn't play bad at all. Obviously the first, first, second quarter, the Lakers really didn't start to get it going into the third quarter and getting getting this think and rhythm for themselves.
Speaker 2: But maybe I really, I really enjoyed a nice game. Yeah I did too.
Speaker 3: I think the thing is Ojoe when you get Luca playing, and I mean he's making some big shots. I'm sure he's not as consistent that he's liked to be. But thirty two twelve seven four still s four May threes. Lebron was thirty one twelve eight one block eleven to twenty three. The Lakers have won eight game through row. Hey, Charles, we're talking about the Lakers again. Of all the people to know, Charles knows what sports are about. Sports are about stories. Now, you tell me what's the better story. Luca Doncon's getting traded arguably the biggest trade in NBA history during the season, right and Lebron James at age forty playing this way? Or OKC and the Calves? It's about stories. What's the more compelling storyline?
Speaker 2: Right? Right?
Speaker 3: How many times you see the paper lead if the Lakers and Luca play, the Calves and OKAC play, what story?
Speaker 2: And Luke at them do what they do? What you think they're leading with.
Speaker 3: It's always been like this, the same reason they always lived with Michael Jordan, no matter what anybody else did, that was the lead. He was a more compelling story. Ojoe, That's how sports go. That's what ojoe.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: This is why they have announcers, because they're telling you a story.
Speaker 2: If not, you could just watch the game. Why you need to.
Speaker 3: Hear because they're painting a picture for you. Oh yeah, that's what they do. Go ahead or them. Now, I was gonna tell you this, and their three teams.
Speaker 5: You know, in order in order to catch a bee, you gotta have some honey. And the honey is the Lakers, the Cowboys, and the Yankees.
Speaker 2: And it will always be that way.
Speaker 5: Now, there there are other teams, there are other stories, but the stories will never be that of the Lakers, the Yankees, and the Cowboys for some reason. And how long I just, honestly, you would know better than I have. How long have they always been the go to when it comes.
Speaker 2: To the Celtics. Excuse me?
Speaker 3: The Yankees have been since the twenties when they had Babe Ruth And yeah, since the twenties.
Speaker 2: Then you realized, what do you think the penstrike.
Speaker 3: Yankee pinstrike hold on put it in twenty nineteen twenties. Yes, yes, that's how long the Yankees have been in the lexicon. You look at the great players and they win championships. When you got a Babe Ruther, you got lou Gary, and you got Mantle, and you got Barrow, and you got DiMaggio yeah, White Cord yeah, and then you and then you come to the seventies and you get Reggie Jackson, and you get Gidri and you got Thurman Munson, and you got Mariano Rivera, and you got Derek Jeter, and you got Wholesay Masada and then you get a Rod this is and now you got Aaron Judge.
Speaker 2: That's the way it is in the Lakers. Go back. Look at the Lakers. They were in these battles in the sixties.
Speaker 3: First of all, there was the Minneapolis Lakers that went five straight with great George Micah who was the first big man. And then you get the battles with the Celtics and the Lakers in the sixties. And then you get the Celtics.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, the.
Speaker 3: Lakers in the seventies. Now they only won one championship. They lost to the Knicks twice. They won sandwich them between seventy one, they lost, seventy two, they won seventy three, they lose again.
Speaker 2: And then you get the eighties with the Show Todd Lakers, and.
Speaker 3: You got Kareem and you got Magic, and you got Worthy, you got Wills, you got Mcca Dude come Home. And then you get Shaq and Kobe, and then you get Kobe again, and now you got Lebron. You had Lebron and they did. Now you got Lebron and Luca. Now the Cowboys haven't had the haven't had the superstar like these teams have had. I mean, you gotta go wait, you gotta go back to the nineties when you deal it with Troy Emmett and the Triplets. They've had very good players. They've had Hall of Fame players, Larry Allen. You got de Marcus where he has had a season or two seed. He's playing well, but not like not like what the Lakers and the Yankees truck. When you talk about the Lakers and the Yankees and what they tried out there compared to what the Cowboys have tried it out there, say just the last twenty five thirty years, it's been different, different. But the Lakers, the Lakers played extremely well. They played they got off to a great start. Then they had that lull in the second, they had a little loller. Third, they got it close. Brunson had it going. And the thing is what makes him he got that herky jerky style and he's left handed and he's crafted that James Harden how to make you file him, make it look like you file him even if you didn't file him because he'll flaying his body. But he's tremendous at getting to the basket and he got that hens he he got the step back, and so you gotta honor that because you can shoot the three. He got the mid range, you can put the ball on the floor, get all the way to the rim. Even though he doesn't play above the rim, he can get to the rim and he can get you to file him. So he played really well. Cat struggle today. Cat did not have a good game rebou to the ball, but he didn't score well. Og took up a lot of the slack for him. O j Ananoba had had a really good game, especially shooting the three. Now he missed some late that he wished he had had, like could have saved some of those that he made earlier and see dad for later. But it doesn't really work like that. But I think you really have to be impressed with the Lakers who saw this. Nobody saw this trade. It's the biggest trade in NBA history. No player Luka Doncis's age has ever been traded that didn't want to be traded.
Speaker 2: Kareem wanted to leave shot left on his own volition.
Speaker 3: You don't trade twenty five year old five time All NBA selections a team that he just led his team to the finals.
Speaker 2: He was in he was in the Western Conference finals just two years prior to that.
Speaker 3: Those guys don't get moved without them wanting to get moved. That would be in the equivalent you're trading a Bird, you're trading a Magic, You're trading a Michael Jordan, because that's what kids. And then now he didn't have the championship like a Bird in Magic had. Jordan didn't win until later in his career. Like I think you're seven of what he went ninety one, so we came into eighty five, so seventy years seven year eight Bird and Magic got him started right away. Magic won his rookie year, Bird won his second year. But you're talking about a guy that was a five time All NBA selection, a Rookie of the Year, finished a couple of times in the top three in MVP boats and that guy got moved. Yeah that's a story. And now you had you Mahomes or Joe Burrow got moved. You don't think we're gonna talk about that on Joe Lamar Jahnson gives moved. You don't think we're gonna talk about that.
Speaker 5: On Joe, absolutely, but now you can get a better understanding and better contexts for those that are Dallas fans on why they set, why they why they're so pissed off.
Speaker 2: At Nigo Harris.
Speaker 5: Not only that the trade happened, and you know those that you have in placed, you trade for Ad. You still got Van kyper Ervan is still a box office, so you're hoping, you know, Ady can come in and kind of offset encounter the trade by being productive and doing some of the things that Luka was doing. Obviously, maybe not to that extent because they're completely two different type of players in general.
Speaker 2: But he gets hurt.
Speaker 5: Yes, now Kyrie goes out. Well, hell, now everything's really basically down to Dreins. So now he's done the trade and you see what Luca's doing.
Speaker 2: How you think you're king? How do you think they feel it over there?
Speaker 3: Oh it's terrible. I mean it couldn't just remember we said they couldn't get any worse. Remember we talked about that the other night. That was before Kyrie. We know the extent of Kyrie. We saw him go out and we're like, well, damn, they make this trade. Everybody's upset. The guy that the trade for him, he's playing great in twenty seven twenty eight minutes, he's got twenty six and thirteen, so he's playing unbelievable.
Speaker 2: He gets hurt.
Speaker 3: The guy that's supposed to keep them afloat until a d returns, he gets hurt. And it's more serious than they previously thought because now he's gone for the season and he might not be back until after the new year in twenty six. So now you look at that and the Dallas fans looking like old, Wait a minute, you traded for a guy last year was really the only year that he's really I mean, this year is really the only year that he's been hurt. O Joe, y'all make it seem like the man been like been on Zion Williams schedule. He has not been on Zion Williamson's schedule. He hasn't missed two hundred games. He had missed three on the games. Yes, he missed games this year, but I mean, I mean, just imagine Michael Jordan broke his foot in year two and the Bulls like, you know what, we're gonna trade him. That's what that's that's exactly what the MAVs fans are saying.
Speaker 2: What you said, that's exactly what they're thinking. That's crazy, though, that's crazy. I mean, is this when you think about it? When you think about it, Oh, Bear and hookah, Oh we feel you're lazy. Yeah, they call the man who could donch it hookah. Luka are you seeing Are you seeing what I'm seeing tonight?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's up, bro, he's He's scored all three Oh Joe, you watched him tonight. He can score at all three levels. He he the difficult shots look routine. I mean, he is a battish shot taker maker as we have. There are very few guys that can take like off balanced shots falling out of bounds off one legs and you like for most for most players, that's a bad shot. There's no bad shot for Luca, there's no bad shot for stuff because they make those shots look routine. And now he has somebody that he doesn't always have to facilitate because he can hand the ball off to Lebron, and Lebron can run the offense and go get his shot. Or if both of those guys get tired, they can pass the ball off to aust Reeves, he can go facilitate, get everybody else involved, create his own shot. So they have three guys and they played really good defense. They're doing a great job of swarming. They got really good perimeter players and vander Belt and Durri and Phinish Smith. Gabe Benson is a good on ball defender. He's a little undersized, but he's scrappy. But they got guys and don't connect knocking down shots. He's coming back. He's like, hey, it is what it is. Yeah, they wanted to move on. I felt some type of way, but now I'm back.
Speaker 2: Let me go ahead and.
Speaker 3: Make the boats and let them know I can be a valuable piece to this train and what we're trying to accomplish.
Speaker 2: So give JJ Reddick a tourn of credit because I know.
Speaker 3: A lot of people I was. I was one of those people like, damn, I know you could talk the game, but can you coach it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, you never know from coaches either, even though you play the game, that me you're coaching, right, even though you can talk it doesn't me even coach it. You know, being able to get the players said obviously resonate with you and buy it is completely different than the latter.
Speaker 2: And he's done well. And matter of fact, that they were losing listen to Lake were losing, things were shaky.
Speaker 5: What's the first team? People are gonna say, they're gonna blame him and I can't. What's coaching's name from from Yukon that didn't want to come?
Speaker 2: Oh uh yeah, yeah, you know taking the job.
Speaker 5: You know he should that he's giving us a shot, giving us a chance. I don't even think he actually wanted to come. I think he was just using that for leverage, just to get him a contract at the Yukon. But anyway, listen, Lakers playing really well. Man, I'm I'm I'm excited for him. They still need a big They still need a big. If if Jenny Buss and then mister Plink got really serious about being in contention, especially going into next year, they got to give him a big.
Speaker 2: It's no different than Jerry getting number two receiver. Mm hmm. If you're really serious, gets your number two receiver, man, stop playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and jae Yan need to stop tripping. Because if coaching didn't matter, why didn't shack it? Why didn't shack and Kobe win before Phil Jackson. Mm hmm if coaching didn't matter, If coaching that matter, what about Steph and Clay and Dramond. Darvin Ham had a d and Lebron Frank Bogl won with him. He didn't win no championship. So I'm trying to think of it. I mean, coach, you know it doesn't matter. Look, I can understand you might not like somebody, and maybe you think Darvinham got a fair trade but a raw deal. But if y'all don't think coaching matter, you're high. It absolutely matters. That's why they have coaches. If it didn't matter, they just send the team back there. Hey, you could save yourself somewhere between five and twenty million dollars if you don't need a coach. Mats stop that. Give people. Give people the credit that they deserve. JJ Reddick. You might not like him, but give him credit. He's doing an unbelievable job with basically the same team. Joining us, O JO, we're gonna get back. We're gonna get back to this in a minute. But joining us, I know it's late. I don't know if you're here in the A or he died in Miami that's the biggest balls you ever saw.
Speaker 2: That's the homie Ricky Rose.
Speaker 3: What it do?
Speaker 2: What it do? Family?
Speaker 4: What it do?
Speaker 2: Fair? What's happening in my two brothers? What it do? Man? Everything? Good man? You know we shining on his side. It's late.
Speaker 3: I'm find we kept you up with late boss, but we had to get you all here. Man, tell us what's going on. I know the car shows in June, but you got something happening before June. Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: Most definitely the car showed June seventh. But what we're kicking off tomorrow and Louis Hill is the Millennium Tour.
Speaker 2: You better believe it. The Millennium Tour. No, it's a lot of stars on the tour.
Speaker 1: But what made it exciting to me it's me coming back out, bringing my new artist, Nino Breeze back out to hit the Stags, Trey songs on Marion, Bow Wow, Applies Boosy. The list goes off, Tucky, y'all better rock with us.
Speaker 2: It's it's gonna be special now roll. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: When you going okay, you want to go on tour, how do you decide the artist that you want to be on that that you want to go on tour with you?
Speaker 2: How do you come? How do you like? Okay, I want he him, I want her, I want this, I want that. How do you decide that? Boss?
Speaker 1: Well, whenever I call the shots in this for my tour, it's usually somebody that I got a relationship with, jail with, and on the third act, you might want to throw something else out there just for the crowd that which should be a different vibe you can expect. Yeah, So this right here, this is the Millennium Tour. This has been a legendary tour that's been going on for many years now, and I felt it it'd be good for me to come hit the stage. Nino Breeze hit the stage. We do it big, close it out, put our jewels on, put.
Speaker 2: Our gear on. Way you know, we do that thing. You know what I mean. So it's a crazy city the city. Listen, boss man, we've been fraying. Man. We got to be going on twenty years by that why we got to be twenty years? Man? Listen, You've always been known.
Speaker 5: I've been known to talk to you know in our own personal conversations and your interviews. You're always dropping wisdom for the people that are listening. What's the best financial advice you've ever received? Because you're one of the most savvy businessmen and you're very, very good with your money. Because as an artist, I don't think people understand how difficult it is and what you've been able to do and accomplish is maintaining longevity. You better believe not just getting it, but maintaining it long term.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Please tell the people, man how you been able to do it, because not very many as long as RAP has been around, everybody hasn't been able to maintain longevity.
Speaker 1: Well, for Rose, it's really is the consistency. You know, I got my heads in twenty different things every day. May not win or as much as others, as some may not win it all, but when you win, make sure you win. Bi.
Speaker 2: When you rep it something, you hold it up high everywhere you go.
Speaker 1: That's why I love staying on tour, love going across the country because when I go, my brands go, my teams go, and we repped all around the world wherever we go, and that's how we do it, you know what I mean. Then when you come back home, buy you a little piece of land. They can make that car, but they can't buy that corner. They gotta come see you to get that corner, and you on that corner.
Speaker 2: That's what we're talking about. But most if you think about it, Boss, music might have got you started.
Speaker 3: That might be your foundation, but that is where you make the most of your money at Boss, And that's what Look at hole. Hole might have got started in music, but hole got a hole. He'll billion ever become of something else.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: It's definitely that's what it is. The music introduced us to the world. Now you gotta take it to where you want to take it to, and you gotta earn it. But you gotta turn it all the way up. And as long as you stay solid, keep your fleet, your face clean, and you mean what you say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Boss, When I look at you and I hear you talk, man, and I like brothers that getting paper. But don't talk down about somebody else. Cause a lot of times we have the propensity wrow that we making a little paper or somebody making a little paper more than us. That we start to feel some type of way and we try to be negative towards that paper. When we got there's an opportunity and I told I was telling this, I was telling no, yho this the other day. Eighty percent of the money that's in circulation has been printed since twenty twenty. So what that tell me, wrongs. If they run out of money, they'll print some more. So he if your boy get if your boy getting all of it, don't worry about it. Just wait a couple of days. They gonna go back to the factory. They're gonna print some more for you.
Speaker 2: You already know.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna make sure they keep putting us some. And when it come to us getting paper, we ain't talking down on nobody, no motivational purposes. Only whenever you see that jet fly in, you see that yacht pull up, Oh, that's the hard work. You see the front times, you see the rewards. But you gotta see the grunt when you come to my story every morning. You go see here Rose Preacher. Let's go get it. Let's do something new. You gotta get that piss at the back of that toilet. You gotta get the brush off the side of mama house. It's twenty twenty five. We can't be bush man. Were going all the way.
Speaker 2: Up right, You got that?
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, you a lot of rappers now, a lot of rappers, athletes and general athletes as well that are retired have gotten into sports ownership.
Speaker 2: You're a huge avenue for for our Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 5: Obviously, if the Dolphins ever came up for sale, would you be interested in buying the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Without a doubt? That's without a doubt. Yeah, that's without of it, without a doubt.
Speaker 2: And that happened. I throwing them in the water. Boy, you know what I mean? I thought that is, listen, take it. If you were able to, if you were able to be to take over for.
Speaker 5: Stephen Ross, are you able to be the GM? What's the first movie of Make your dollars? You hear Bom, I'll spend some money. We're gonna smit up somebody. We gotta get somebody else to back up Tour.
Speaker 2: We love Tour.
Speaker 1: He's an amazing person, amazing quarterback. But we just got to make sure we get somebody behind him. We're gonna do some few We're gonna do a few things on the defense. It's a few games you gotta do.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: For us to have that run, Like y'all was just discussing that Lakers run. We gotta run.
Speaker 2: We need us some rings down here, and we really deserve it. As a true Dolph man, we really frustrated, Homie. Listen, it's been a long time, boy, it's.
Speaker 1: Been a long time. And I'm talking about this past season. We was we was all thinking and dreaming super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Ride based on what we did last year.
Speaker 5: And for those in the chat, they're gonna say, oh, you played for the band and it was I'm from Dade County, I'm from Liberty City.
Speaker 2: First. Better believe I got drafted. You better believe it. I hope you. I hope you remember that song you did at the house chat? Yeah, I remember. I may I may have to leave that man. Let me know, let me know, let me know. I'm ready. Boss. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: You were talking about the grind, how you get up, But it seems like people forget the grind. I'm not talking about you, because you know what you went through. But when they see the yards, they see the private jets, they see the whips, they like, oh he did something, but they forget what Ross did. This is the byproduct, this is the finished product. But what about that ten fifteen year period that y'all didn't see ross grinding that. Y'all didn't see that struggle that. Y'all didn't see me cleaning the cars, making twenty dollars and do a little extra when I go get gas and put the prints in inside of it.
Speaker 2: You didn't see that. All you see is the after.
Speaker 3: But nobody sees the struggle or wants to believe that there was a struggle in order to get to the other side.
Speaker 1: Without a doubt, it most definitely wasn't struggle for Ricky rose Thos twenty years before I got on. Nobody you know they did. They don't want to recognize that all us the records I wrote for others. Imagine you having records that never work here. Then you walk in the club and you hear something that you wrote and it's going crazy. But guess what, you stay down. We stayed down, Like Yo, it's so many it's so many potential MVP players that's riding a bench.
Speaker 2: There's so many people who sitting down mad at themselves. Oh man, I ain't gonna even go in.
Speaker 1: Nah, I gotta get in the game, and I gotta show everybody my value. And once I get in the game, I ain't gonna look back. And that's what we did.
Speaker 2: This all the time.
Speaker 3: I said, Joe, you don't realize how much success you can have as long as you don't care who gets credit. A lot of times I wanted, if I can't, if it can't be doing my way, rose the hell with it. I'll blow it up. If you won't let me drive the boat, I'll think the whole ship.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. And now that you managed it too.
Speaker 5: Of you talk about when it comes to athletes, anyone that has any type of success, A lot of people are looking for instant gratification, not understanding the process that goes into it. Anything that you get right away, it never lasts ross. You'll probably remember you told a story long time ago. I had no idea how long it took. How long you was in the game before you even saw real money. Believe how long you have need a grind and get it together, actually get it before.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: You might have been might maybe eight, nine, ten years of the game until you actually saw some real money as an artist and was like, okay, okay, it's paying all everybody, and everybody see the finished product. You know, the jewelry the houses, the car, and not understanding how long it even took to get to that point.
Speaker 1: Oh believe that it most definitely took a long time. And it's like when you're doing it for love, you're doing it out of passion. That right, but it won't allow you to quit. You gotta find a way to love whatever it is you're doing. Even if you're getting up and you shooting your content two three in the morning, you gotta get up and love it. They gonna fill it in you, they gonna see it in you.
Speaker 2: And that's what it was. It wouldn't allow me to quit.
Speaker 1: So after I got on as soon as I could do my first show for two hundred dollars, three hundred dollars, five hundred dollars that that wasn't much, but that was progress for me, and it was more than enough to feed my love.
Speaker 2: So I wouldn't stop. And here we are right now. And that's what happened.
Speaker 3: When people ask me ross Man, give me some advice, I say, find something that you're passionate about, because that's what's gonna get you out of bed. That's gonna what what's gonna make you focus and and lock in to do what you need to do in order to get done, what you need to get done. You find your passion, don't well, I think I want to do this. Well see the membery. The minute you tell me you think you want to do something, you're not passionate about it. Because what you're passionate about, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Do absolutely and you go in and you're gonna win big when you passionate about it, absolutely doing it.
Speaker 2: It's just like laying that outfit out that night before school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta let you gotta let the outfit out of because put it out the night before you might be rushing. You might wake up a little late, bro, and you might Hey, you might not have an outfit, but at night before lee jeans was crappy. Started that night start to them.
Speaker 2: You put the sty shoes. You make sure that right, so just in case, don't nothing. Get hey, man, I'm ready. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: And when you get the stool that next day, trust me, you a different individual. It's gonna be priceless.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I'll be so clean the first day of school. If a flylight on me, I cut it through. You ain't got no business on me. Now you know I'm too clean, but you pull you lay in your ass on me. Hey rouh, like when you when you started this thing. Obviously everybody knew you from the music, but you weren't satisfied with that because you felt that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's my foundation. People know me for this.
Speaker 3: But you know what, since y'all know me, let me see if y'all want to do fathers with the balls. Hey wai, stop, get at your boy.
Speaker 1: Get at your man. I'm gonna tell you that's what Luca been doing. I got around some right homies. He's been needing and peppers with that rest dressing. I'm telling you right now, I'm telling you that's what it is, man. And once I went out, I did business. Once Wing stopped seeing it, check us see it all the other friends, Bugatti luggage. Everybody start falling in place. Ain't dropping the ball? Were doing potato chips. Let's do noodles. Okay, we did an amazing thing with Wingstop, let's take it to the next level. Let's create our own chicken that's coming next. Woy, How difficult? How difficult is it for?
Speaker 5: Obviously you have to have some type of foundation, some type of background, have to have some type of success behind you. But when it comes to working with brands of that magnitude, is it difficult to get.
Speaker 2: Involved with them?
Speaker 1: Well, after you have stayed, after you established a certain amount of success, they can't see your vision.
Speaker 2: When you go down and lay out, Look, this is the idea I got. This is what I want to do. I mean it. I love it.
Speaker 1: And besides, like me, I bought my first franchise with them, my second, my third. You know they sitting back watching Damn when you go stop he at twenty he at twenty five. Hey man, they understand my butt. You know, my passion, how hard we went and how amazing my team was. Yeah, understand. So once they understand and know you got the team, they gonna let you run with it, especially if you really get money. That's what it's gonna come down to. Who's gonna be wrap the brand and get some money?
Speaker 2: And I did them both.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's the color that people be looking at, you know. I mean, yeah, black and white and you all that other stuff, but they count green. Oh, people can see. People might be color bride rose, but the color blind, they are color blind. But once that thing start coming, everybody get on the same. When that butter cattle start blue. I know they like yeah one another one? Hey, where you want the next wings stop? Their boss got in fact, when you want your next ten? That boss, let's go to l A, Texas.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 3: Hey both look, we know you love cards. Let me ask you a question. How did you decide to come up with a car show? Because I know you love Carl You were telling me when I did the interview with you a couple of years ago, you told me cars.
Speaker 2: Have always been your passion, right, they always been my passion.
Speaker 1: I looked up one day realized I was at close to sixty seventy cars. Damn yeah, I'm at the promise that that was. Then I'm at the promise.
Speaker 3: Lad.
Speaker 1: We at two hundred and fifty plus acres, and I've found myself looking around, thing, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Off the very first one. And when I say the culture came out.
Speaker 1: The streets came out, the cars, the bikes, the trucks, the ladies, the hustlers, the athletes. Shad Oho was out there riding horses all day. I'm talking about a horseback ride. That's what made me think of doing the rodeo.
Speaker 2: Next. I'm like, yo, if you do a rodeo.
Speaker 1: I'm riding the bull, and you know what I'm gonna Hey, man, I'm riding the bull. I'm gonna take the challenge right behind you. I'm gonna get on the board too, Man, we riding the bulls. Rose Rose, Rose Rose, Whoa, whoa. I gotta stop you, Rose Rose. I saw you on the diving board. I don't know if you can hit it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if you can hit the ground. Cut that water. The water's off with it. I can't hit that ground. I'm gonna let you know right now. I can't afford that. Man, I got shoulders to do.
Speaker 3: We on tour, man, this man, wait to the tour over, boss over before you do that rodeosten man, all right, all right, I ain't gonna do the rodeo.
Speaker 2: Oh show. I'm gonna watch. I got the biggest bulls out there, so we could god damn watch a real performance. I'm ready. Hey, Hey, I was. I was at the cas show.
Speaker 5: I'm supposed to be at that, you know, enjoying myself and looking at the car, looking at some ideas. Maybe if I if I happen to want to spend a little money mastering about three hours of the damn horses.
Speaker 3: Man, Hey, boss, let me mask get this. Uh all they are some of those cars? Does some of those cars be for sale?
Speaker 1: It's like this, I'm thinking about raffling, maybe a raffling something off or maybe giving.
Speaker 2: One away this year, but all of mine, you know, I usually.
Speaker 1: Keep I buy cars throughout the day of the car show because there's some hobies come out who's selling their cars, and there certain situations. I just made an offer they couldn't resist. Out of them, bought one quarter million. Let's go, let's run it. Fifty seven Belair convertible from the air.
Speaker 2: You love that, fifty sel fifty five. You love them.
Speaker 1: Bel Air's forty seven, them fifty fives, I love them. Seventy three verts them seven ones.
Speaker 2: That's that day.
Speaker 1: County vibe as well. So okay, I love my convertibles. I love my Chevrolets, you know what I mean. That's just how it go. And if somebody bring them right Vy, I'm I'm gonna take it off you. I'm gonna take it off your hands. I'm gonna offer.
Speaker 3: You're mainly a Chevy guy. You may let a Vy guy you ain't really big in the Mope arts or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Huh No, I'm a Sheby guy. Then I love me. Uh the Chevy's then the Shelby's forward, the Kobe Yeah yeah, Shelby. Okay, I run, we go in a major way. But that's how I usually go for me, and then I cut it off right after that. Okay, that for twenty seven Cobra. You got a Cobra.
Speaker 1: Of course you got what you got out man, I had to. You know them Shelby's. I love them, Shelbyes. I was in one of Michelleby's today, Man, I love them.
Speaker 2: I love them. I do what you got on Joe Win the to a kickoff Boss.
Speaker 1: The tour actually kicking off today. It's kicking off Louisville, Kentucky. Like I say, the lineup, next level, all that heavyweightts On, Marion Bow Wow, Trey Songs, Plies, Boosty bad Ass, Ricky Ross, mean O Breeze. We going all the way out this tour. I'm gonna enjoy it. You know what I'm saying. Hommies do their thing. I know the lady's gonna be in the crowd. I'm gonna come out there and hit him. With hits back to back. By you no breeze hit him by give him another Nino breeze by I'm gonna give him another one.
Speaker 2: Bay. You know that's how we gonna do it. We didn't even play.
Speaker 3: Hey, boss, I appreciate your stand We appreciate your standing up Nightcap, really Appreaci. You appreciate you stand up late. We know it's probably past your bedtime. The tour kicks off the day, so hey, bro, thank you for your time.
Speaker 2: Y'all. Make sure y'all go check out the Millennium Tour h with.
Speaker 3: The Boss, the biggest boss you ever saw, Rick Ross Hick great song, bow Wow flies, boosy badass, need no.
Speaker 1: Breezing then no breathe it better believe it. It's gonna be crazy man. Y'all better pull up Louisville, Kentucky. Get your tickets right now. Be there tonight, Ricky Roseia, I'm gonna wear me one of them big coachs coming out there, brun Hey appreciate that, boss, enjoying man. We'll catch you down the road. Thanks for joining us, y'all.
Speaker 2: Keep killing them man, y'all. Number one in the streets, Number one in the game, Number one in the world. Don't stop big man. Yes said that time. The biggest bass is too easy. Man. Man this hey, man, that dude one of the greatest dude. Man, he the same. I hit that man. I hit that man in the DM.
Speaker 3: I said, Bro, I need to holler at you about something. I need you to come on the podcast to ay the hell. It seems like he had his phone his damn head because he Hey, he shot me his number. Man, I hit him. Boom, he has the phone. I said, Bro, Man, I just want I need you to come on the pod. Blah blah blah. And then boy, he said cool. And we've been in touch. Hey, I don't care if I hit him. He might be out of town. He'll hit me back. Hey, out of town, I'll be back such and such. When he touched down.
Speaker 2: On the phone. It's one thing about man. You got to think.
Speaker 5: Man, Ross and I we've been fraying. Now I'm talking about it. It might be twenty maybe twenty one years. It's been a very, very very long time. And we talk about someone being thorough. You hear a lot of people talk about being real. When you talk about somebody being consistent at the way they are and authentic. Yep, man, he's the definition of all that and has been this day one, real the definition of it. Not putting on the act, not putting on the front, but by action intent, mam man br been the real deal man since day one. He ain't changed and always been the same, regardless of success and what he's been able to attain, always been straight up as chad.
Speaker 3: Y'all got to let that go, y'all keep going talking about this man, ain't no rapper, the real Rick Ross your correctional officer, bro, y'all see what that man accomplished. That man got two fifty eight, He got the biggest house in the state of Georgia, he got one of the largest matches in the southeastern United States. He owns twenty five thirty wing stops, got his own, he got his own spirits.
Speaker 2: Bro y'all hating what y'all think that do it?
Speaker 3: Y'all think that's stopping that man from getting money, y'all look ridiculous, y'all, Hill correctional officers.
Speaker 2: Oh he did this.
Speaker 3: He ain't never been to jail. I mean, you know, really, I mean, that's that's a good thing. I don't think y'all y'all need boy, y'all need boy.
Speaker 5: I don't think you will understand the end game, whether you do it in the corporate world or whether you do it in the streets. Either way, the end goal is to be successful. Yes, the end goal is to always be successful. Then goal is not to be in it, not to be locked up right, then goal to be six feet under. Yeah, they possibly in whatever area is that you want to succeed in.
Speaker 3: That's the people people love to cret talk about money. Ain't everything? Try doing something without it? Oh, I want you to, Hey, try doing something without it? What it? Why y'all scamming? Why why y'all doing all this bull drive? If money and everything? Hey, don't y'all be gave y'all wait by hey, before y'all got before they got a direct deposit. Y'all used to be standing outside by the bail box waiting on the tax return on joke, not in direct deposits. You ain't gotta wait no more because they put it right into your account. By y'all stop this man be support well. I wonder when you go back and study the history of Robert Downey Jr. And look at Jo't nobody I guarantee you what I see when I go and I see Robert Downey Jr. Do talks, do bards and stuff. I go, look at the promise. Don't nobody be saying what you did before. Some of these great actors had trouble past. Don't nobody be in the comment. But let a black person be on there and let us.
Speaker 2: Be it, be us a.
Speaker 5: One of the greatest comeback stories of all time is Robert Donny g. I think people might not even remember. People might not even remember. There have been some other ones that have had some great comeback stories. Lindsey, Lord, listen. Everybody isn't afforded the same type of grace. Stay with me now, everybody's not afforded the same type of grace. But I can tell you but God has been good.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's uh okay on you.
Speaker 3: I just look, man, Whatever the case may be, somebody pay their debt to society, whether they have to pay on fine, whether they have to go there in conserration.
Speaker 2: Once they pay their debt to society, what's.
Speaker 3: The judicial system has deemed appropriate for whatever app you have committed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good with it. Yeah, I'm good with it.
Speaker 3: But you know, you know, I gave up my black robe. I used to have a black robe by thirty years ago. Hell, I was a judge. It wasn't even in the court.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I had to let it go. Yeah. You know, you know how society is. Peach people are gonna let people will never let it go. Society would never let it go.
Speaker 5: And obviously, once you've gotten for forgiveness with the big man getting nothing else matter at that point.
Speaker 3: I want to see us get more. Oh, I like when us when we get money. Oh man, man, I be every time I see something to say, oh black billionaires.
Speaker 2: Man, let me go.
Speaker 3: Let me click on this list, let me see you up there. See who got added to see Lebron James and to see Michael Jordan, to see Oprah and Hole And.
Speaker 2: They got some guy not Jerry. He were about twelve fourteen billion dollars. I mean, like, damn, okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: That's impossible to know what's possible, because all I need to be able to do is see it. Because a lot of these people came from the same kind of beginning that Shannon Sharp came from. Now they do it, why can't not. I ain't got a hate on them. I ain't got a drudge on them. Let me just find my lane and I'm just gonna drive on down this road. Hey, try not to slide white, nobody, try not to get sides white. And keep it moving. Hey, I'll tell you what, O Joe, I would look at it like this here. I'm gonna aim for the stars. But if I land on the moon, I'm still pretty damn high up.
Speaker 2: If you're right where you need to be, right where you need to be.
Speaker 3: Uh. Kicking off the tour Stars in Louisville, Kentucky on March seven, twenty twenty five, stop with major cities Atlanta, Chicago, New York, and LA. Tickets are on sale now at b pctickets dot com. That's bpctickets dot com. Oh your back to the night's game. Luke and Lebron Luca thirty two points, twelve cents, seven rebounds for still four May threes. Lebron James thirty one points, twelve rebounds, eight or six, one block as the Lakers win their eighth game in a row. I had the stance right here at Ojo, I'm looking at door. Lebron had thirty one. Jackson Hayes only had three had eight points. Oster Reed struggle shooting tonight, but hey, he missed the last couple of games with that cav But don and gave Benson gave you twenty three points off the bench and twenty two or less minutes.
Speaker 2: That's what you need because you look, Lebron's gon.
Speaker 3: Lebron's gonna give you what he's gonna give you, Luca's gonna give you what he's gonna give you, and most nights Austin Reed is gonna be somewhere between fifteen and twenty points. Those two guys, the Big three, that Big three is gonna give you somewhere show between.
Speaker 2: Fifty and seventy points on average. That's what they'll give you.
Speaker 3: Now I need to get I need to get forty five fifty from everybody else, from the other eight guy, right, So, Gabe Vinson, can you give me eight to ten connect? Can you give me somewhere ten to twelve? Jackson Hayes, I need some lobs I don't need, but I don't need eight to ten points on lobs during Finnish Smith, I know you can get hot from three and hit a couple of threes.
Speaker 2: That's ten.
Speaker 3: Hey, Vanda Belt get a couple of putbacks, get a clay or dive to the basket. We'll get you a couple and getting a dunker spot duck at home. But the Lakers have played really, really well. They're playing with a lot of confidence. Now we're about to find out a lot on ho they go on the road. They got Boston, Oh, they got they got Milwaukee, they got the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: Hold on, this is not back to back. Is are you just saying who they have on?
Speaker 3: No, I think they got I think they got Boston, the Nets, Milwaukee, the Nuggets, then Phoenix if I'm not mistaken, you know what.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, I have a question if they if they're playing Boston, if that's the game that's coming up next, I got.
Speaker 2: A little Saturday night, so it's a primetime game.
Speaker 5: Okay, if it's on Saturday night, how much do you think the court side tickets are in Boston.
Speaker 3: It's a rival game and it's Lebron and Luca. See, it's not if it's about who's playing. Who are they playing against? Now, if you go want to see the Bulls or you want to see or Lando on somebody like that, Okay, But if you're trying don't. You're basically telling me, don't go, just stay own. It's gonna cost you. It's gonna cost your grip because this last minute. A lot of times people say a lot of times people uh selldo tickets so they'll be able to buy, So they'll be able to buy the season tickets.
Speaker 2: Next year, so I can get what fifteen hundred two thousand. Now they're gonna be more than that, O Joe.
Speaker 3: That's a primetime game on a Saturday night, Bro, Everybody gonna be there, Everybody want to be seen. This ain't no, This ain't no regular Tuesday night game. This is a primetime Saturday game on ABC. The big Dogs out might bring me, uh, I mean, think about it. The Celtics are resting their entire team today to get ready for the Lakers on Sunday. Al Horfe was out, True Holiday was out, Zingers was out, Jaylen Brown was out.
Speaker 2: No remember of the night, Jason Jada, Yeah, they play.
Speaker 3: Saturday, Wade, I'm way in dr my bad oh And if you think about it, O Joe, Last night, Derrick White and Peyton Pritchett went on. Peyton Pritchett had forty three. Derrick White had not had forty one. They made nineteen combined threes, the most threes ever made in the game teammates. And it's the first time to Celtics. Think about the great Celtics players have had forty points in the same game. And it was Peyton, Pritchett and Derrick White that did it.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Imagine if Pritchett, Pretcher, that Derrick White consistently played like that night and night out.
Speaker 3: Uh. I mean, they know it's difficult to do well when you look at it, moyo. That's what I tell people. People be asking them, oh, man, that little that little white, that little white dude.
Speaker 2: Oh it's whats your ass? All right?
Speaker 3: Every time that man got forty three. That man got forty three points in the NBA game forty three. And that's what I tell people all the time. The worst guy in the NBA is closer to Lebron James and Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: Than you are to him. Yeah, let me say that again.
Speaker 3: The worst, the guy at the end of the bench is closer to a great player in the NBA than you are to him.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's funny now that you say that. When people watch the game of basketball from home.
Speaker 5: They always hold other players to the highest standards, to the best that they've ever played.
Speaker 2: And that's why they talk trash. When they talk trash about players.
Speaker 5: That are in the NBA, they they're they're using in comparison to those that are the greatest is what they do. So that that's where the miss, the miss, the miscommunication and misconsumption comes from.
Speaker 2: Where they talk about NBA players thinking, well, he had think that, oh, I can go out there and do that. Please man.
Speaker 3: Uh, look, I just felt that when they came in. Okay, how Luca and Lebron's gonna play. Luca needs to have the ball in his hands, because Lebron can play off the ball better than Luca.
Speaker 2: Lebron can dive to the basket.
Speaker 3: You can put Lebron in the dunker spot and he can get it, and Lebron can catch and shoot. And if you notice, Lebron says he's been working on catching and shooting because he knows Lebron Luca can penetrate dissh out and he has He's gonna have to knock those shots down. But he could also Hey, Luca starts to penetrate, he dives to the basket, Luca passes off, he dunks it or layer it up. So with Luca on the ball, Lebron trust him because he's the closest thing to himself that he's ever played with. That's not a knock on d Wade. That's not a knock on Kyrie or any ad or any of the other players. But at this juncture, Lebron trusts Luca more than he's ever trusted any other player because Luca can do a lot of the things that Lebron can do.
Speaker 2: No other player that he's played with has been able to do.
Speaker 3: That could score the basketball like he could, assist the basketball like he could rebound the ball like he could.
Speaker 2: Lucas could do all those things.
Speaker 3: If you look at Luca's numbers, they're better across the boards board at the same point in time in their careers, Lucas averaging more points, more rebounds, and more assists. Now he's not shooting the percentage because Luca take it a lot. Luke can take a lot of bad shots, don't we think are bad. But he's gonna make it. He's gonna make his fair share and break yard. But if you look at you, you look at this o Joe, and You're like, Okay, you look around the league and you say duos JTJB, Tatum and Brown. You look at Shaye and j and Jaylen Williams. I'm trying to think above the duos. Uh you want to say Fox everywhere? Darius Guardian Mitchell ask you this, if I give your choice, what duo you taking over? Lebron and Luca.
Speaker 2: Right now? With the way they play? Yep, right now? What nobody? What about uh? Murray?
Speaker 5: Murray and Joker. Now I'm not saying I'm taking them. I'm just mentioning them as well. They were talking about that might be the only one.
Speaker 2: I mean, but what I J Jannison, Jannis, we gotta hey, they gotta nigga.
Speaker 3: Look they played together, but for fort I think they probably played about twelve fourteen games together. Oh Joe, Uh, And you look at the the the the duos that you mentioned, JB, J, T, Uh, Joannis and Day. Uh you look at uh Shaye and uh Jaylen Williams. Who who else you mentioned?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Murray and Yoke?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lebron, Lebron right there, Lebron and Luca right there? I mean they different right now? Many at that the way they're playing it.
Speaker 2: Different.
Speaker 3: We're gonna find out. Well, hey, guess what, we're getting opportunity to see those duos. We'll get an opportunity to see Luca and Lebron and against j T and JB.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out. That's what I like.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, yeah, Mark Cuban, our next topic, Guy's. Mark Cuban breaks his silence. I'm trying to dr. He thinks we don't know here the d R he we know he ain't take that baby by himself to the Dr Diddy chat. Diddy chat ain't none of my business. I don't even know why I brought it up. Mark Cuban breaks his silence on the Luca trade. Let's take a listen to his comments on the Luca trade.
Speaker 2: Don't jum was your son upset about the trade?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean were you Yeah? Of course? Yeah, yeah, of course. And I've said this before. If you're you know, if the MAVs are going to trade Luca, that's one thing. Just get a better deal. You know, No, no disrespect to Anthony Davis, but you know, get three.
Speaker 5: If I still believe if we had gotten four unprotected number ones and Anthony Davis and Max Christy.
Speaker 2: This would be a different conversation. I agree, get more, Yeah, I agree, But what can you do? Huh? First of all, nothing nothing thin this.
Speaker 3: The Timberwolves gave up four un protected picks and pick swaps for Rudy Gobert?
Speaker 2: Would you rather Rudy Gobert and Luca dont.
Speaker 5: You're right, You're right in comparison to that, I think like they. I feel like they just wanted to get get even gone. That's why I don't understand based on what you getting on the court, how was whatever was going on off the court? That God damn that bad that bad beer hookah lazy, The way you interact, anti social? What are we talking about here? You pay me to do one thing, be productive. You took me to the to the NBA Championship last year? What's the conference finals last year? What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Please? Right right? Baby? What you call it? My love? Do I think?
Speaker 3: Do I think Mark Cuban is never making that trade? Mark Cuban is never ever making that trade. He's made it abundantly clear. Uh. He had he had his replacement for dirt. He had dirt twenty seasons. He's gonna have Luca as long as he could have it. He wasn't get rid of it. And that's what Apple though, Joe, when you sell your company and you keep the minority shares, when they do things, they don't need your input.
Speaker 2: Now, mm, what'd you trade? Would you trade Luca? Baby? Yees? He said, yeah, I gotta get him up out of there. You trade him? Trade? Oh? Joe.
Speaker 3: Michael Thompson, who was the number one overall draft pick many many years ago, who also happened to be the father of Clay Thompson or Smoke, on ESPN Radio bout Klay's situation in Dallas. He thought with Luke and Kyrie that they had a chance to get back to the finals. Obviously, Luca left and I told him, well, when eighties coming, you still got a chance to get to the finals, because eighty is that good. Then he's hurt, and then Gaffer got hurt, and then Lively got hurt. So yeah, Klay is stuck in purgatory right now. And if they hang on to the Tennessee that'll be the story of the year in the NBA, because I don't think they're gonna lose ten in a row. I honestly with I Carie, who's gonna score? I'm just trying to figure out where are they gonna get Where are they gonna get enough scoring for from on a nightly basis to win? Oh Joe, are they gonna win some games?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They I mean I think you can hustle and win some games, but when you play some period your teams, I just don't see it.
Speaker 2: I just don't know where they're gonna get the scoring from. I don't.
Speaker 3: Oh, he said no, that'll be the story of the NBA because I think they're gonna lose ten in a row.
Speaker 2: So he thinks they're gonna lose ten in a row. I think so too.
Speaker 3: Because nope. Ever, I mean it's hard. I mean when you think about it, who really can go create their own shot? Then it is like, okay, he kind of here a miss, But that's not what Clay does. Clay is catching shoot. Clay likes to come out picks. They Clay needs somebody to get him open. Who who can go create their own shots? When you look at this team, who can create their own shots? Who can go really facilitate on a nightly basis and have success creating opportunities for someone else.
Speaker 2: I don't see it happening with Joe.
Speaker 3: The Lakers, Mavericks, Spurs, and he are expected to pursue Kevin Durant in the off season.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, where do you want to see Kevin Durant laying? Wait?
Speaker 5: Say those teams again, Lakers, Mavericks, Spurs, Heat. You know what Katie is one I don't want to say backing up his career because.
Speaker 2: He did that be joined Internet. Oh I feel I'm not sure can Hem Yeah you you you faded in and out froze. Yeah, I think this Wi Fi and d R.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you look at it, ojo, Uh, the Heat, I don't think. I don't think Kevin Durrant had a chance to go to the Heat many years ago. He didn't go Hearing the stories about taking cookies from Lebron, hearing stories about how he treated Jimmy. Kevin Durant don't strike me as a guy that wanted to be in that situation. So now the Spurs, I think it's a two horse race. I think it's the MAVs and the Lakers. And the question is what does the MAVs have to give up? They got that first round pick. They probably got their own first round pick. I'm trying to think about the other players, because obviously you pair Kyrie, A D and KD. Oh, you got something. You got, you got the potential to have something special. You got all three guys that can score. You got a D can pretend the back end. You probably need another, probably another perimeter defender, because that's the problem that the Sons have. That's just that's the problem that the Brooklyn had. They had guys that could score, but who can stop somebody from score? Phoenix, they got guys that can score, who can stop somebody from So you don't like him to the Lakers, and I like you to the Lakers.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what them. I don't know if the Lakers have.
Speaker 3: Enough to satisfy the Suns considering what the Sons gave up to get him.
Speaker 2: They gave up their young nucleus.
Speaker 3: To get him, so now they gonna want those four first round picks up protected pigs back.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Uh, I just don't I just I don't see the heat because, like I said, he had an opportunity to go to the heat a long time ago, and he didn't go. And I'm sure the stories that's coming out of my past, that's what fact is. You don't stand bro people. You people not gonna let you just man. First of all, they weren't your damn cookies. But I wish, I wish Coach Jim takes something from me that I brought and talk about what please. I don't right, don't. First of all, I don't know how they do it at most people job, but you know how we do.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 3: You don't play with nobody food, not nobody that look like us. Well, I don't know where your I don't know where your hand's being. And you ain't buy a damn thing in that bag.
Speaker 2: What what wish you know?
Speaker 5: When the kind of black folk, there's three things you don't play with black fold family, money, in their kids, but the food acts their food.
Speaker 2: I mean, y'all, I don't play by that. Don't yo, don't don't do don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 3: M nah, man, don't do that. So but like I said, I I think it's the Lakers and the Mavericks. But at the end of the day, he wants, obviously he wants to go to a contender. Obviously the Lakers with Luca and Lebron contenders. The MAVs if they.
Speaker 2: Get a AD, comes back healthy Kyrie.
Speaker 3: Kyrie probably not gonna come back to the beginning of the year twenty six, but we'll see how that goes. Spurs, you got Wemby. Uh, you got d Fox, Darren Fox, you got Stefan Castle. Uh, you got Vassal, you got Caldon Johnson. I mean, you got a nice, nice little cover there. But I don't see Kevin Durant. I don't see k d En. I don't see him in San Antonio. Ojo, I don't.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, Maverick, I like the Mavericks.
Speaker 3: I like the Lakers, but hey, at the end of the day, Sons got to get the best package they can.
Speaker 2: They ain't then if it do no Luca, Yeah,