Speaker 1: It's hard to do this episode. And you know, I'll even be honest, I didn't know if I should be here or not. Just have you guys talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we thought you should be with us, just because this is so hard for both of us and maybe you can help us out a little.
Speaker 3: You're a fan, You're a true, true fan.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's like, you know, and I've been I've been lucky enough to get to work with Shannon for the last year, which some people know and some people don't. We couldn't. We can't do the show, this show, this podcast. If there was no Shannon, there's no nine O two one, oh, you know what I mean. And so it's like the thing that I knew is it's like I do want to keep watching the show, of course, but we couldn't just come back and start talking about, you know, the episode.
Speaker 2: This is so hard for everybody. We just have to kind of talk it out, and.
Speaker 1: It's like, we do want to keep watching. And the thing that I know from working with Shannon is she wants her podcast to continue, you know. So it's like we will recap the shows again, we will keep doing it, but for right now, we just you know, I want you guys to talk about how you're feeling, and also like honor Shannon with stories and memories, and they had such an important time together. I had a I went to dinner last night with some kids that are like in high school, right, and they're talking about the shows they're watching, and one of the dads was like, you guys should have watched nine O two one O, And it's like, yeah, they should. So I don't know. I mean, how are you guys doing, feeling what's coming to your minds to say?
Speaker 3: For me, I honestly, as you know, didn't want to do this. I just emotionally didn't feel ready. And I feel like I know a lot of people are speaking out and giving lovely tributes to her in her memory, but I just, oh, I obviously wanted to do this for the fans, so this episode is for them, not for us.
Speaker 1: How are you doing? How are you doing, Jenny? How are you doing? Tori? Like, what are you feeling?
Speaker 3: Not doing well?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you're okay? It's like let it out. I mean, I think people were shocked, which seems like.
Speaker 2: It's crazy that we could be shocked knowing that she was sick and knowing how hard she was fighting, but it's still felt shocking.
Speaker 3: I guess it was just that belief that she fought so hard and was such a warrior and she has shown her entire life and career and you're everything that she can get past anything. So although we know answer is so evil and takes everyone that we love, it just I don't know. I guess she made you believe that she was the one that would make it and she was so hopeful.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's so true, because why I never thought that she would succumb to cancer, Like I just knowing what we know about her, and you know what a tough like fighter, strong, it just seems you're right, like I would never get her. And then when it did, it was just shocking and like makes you mad, makes you pissed, mad, sad, all the feelings because and then like what the h because she's the one person that you didn't I don't know, just didn't see this happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you're you're right. She had so much to say on her podcast that was really important, you know, like she was who she was. She was tough, tough cookie, right, and I admired it so much and she was having conversations and sharing things that a lot of people are really not willing to do, to put themselves out there in that way and be so vulnerable and so open and so real that it was really empowering what she was doing. And I just wish you could have kept doing that because I think it was it was helping people.
Speaker 2: A lot. It was helping people, I think, find their own strength within them by just hearing her story and hearing how she's found her strength. Like I feel like that was helping a lot of people suffering from cancer or dealing with cancer or whatever.
Speaker 1: And even like you know, my last text with Shannon were about Catherine Heigel. We had this really amazing interview she did with Catherine Heigel. It was great, and I'm so grateful. I'm so grateful to Catherine Heigel for doing it, you know, because Catherine doesn't do that that many interviews, and she really wanted to do it. And Shannon was so happy, isn't the right word, so motivated to have that conversation with two people who had, you know, really put themselves on the line, you know, like it or not, they really did for themselves and for other people. And so after the interview. It's a really great conversation they had, and so I just you know, texted with Shannon just to say, like how pumped I was about it. Like it really filled me with feelings that these two people who I admire got to have this great conversation and she was so happy about it. And she still, you know, Shannon, and I won't say this exact text, but she's so her, do you know what I mean? Like she really is authentically and so I just felt like she had so many more conversations like that to have. So that's sort of where I was at. Well.
Speaker 3: I think it's amazing in the last year that she was able to partner with you and do her podcast.
Speaker 1: And speaking, and that's why I wanted you guys, you know, and I did. I will say I pressured Torri and Jenny to get on with me today. They're not ready, but I felt like talking it's important, you know, like it is grieving together.
Speaker 3: And I guess everyone grieves in their own time. I think for me, the beauty of her nine to two and OHO fans specifically is even ones that I've been talking to on social media. There's one fan that's such a huge fan of the show, and she was saying, she's her friends are like it's been a week, you know, get out of the funk. You know, you only met her once. And she was like, she meant so much more to me than someone I met once. She was in my entire childhood and it's like losing a best friend from high school. And I think that's how people everywhere feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very sad, and it's also just so scary. Is that the word scary? It's like scary, Like, how does that happen? Sorry, Jenny, we're gonna say something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean no, it is scary if someone that you look up to like that can cannot make it like it makes. It made me feel very fearful, especially just with Luke dying and now Shannon. I just feel like like, I don't know, I just it could be any of us could go at any moment that kind of feeling, which, yeah, that's scary.
Speaker 1: It's our my I'll just speak for myself. It's you know, a show that I just really impacted my seen and college years, right, and so for someone and a few people to be gone from that is scary. It's uncomfortable. It's worrisome. It's a bit too real for me, whereas like when I watched the show, it's just such a It's not even just like I'm watching the show. It's this part of my upbringing. So I watch it and I enjoy it, but I'm also it takes me right back to these my own memories. So it just makes it too real and it takes me out of this joy I have for this show. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Me, it doesn't I've spent my whole life living in fear, and I've always been a fearful person, and I didn't feel fear at all when she passed.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 3: Felt sad. I felt sad for the second chapter she had, and I was so excited for that chapter for her and wanted her so badly to have that.
Speaker 1: M do you feel grateful for the time that you had recently? Like, I'm so glad Tori that you guys really had that conversation. I do.
Speaker 3: I do. I've had a lot of death in my life, and I don't believe in regrets, but I have a lot of regrets that I didn't have that time to have a second chance to get fast stuff from the past and look at all the good things and really talk it out and.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 3: That last conversation, and I feel like she and I had that, and I'm super grateful for that.
Speaker 1: You know, I know that you're I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I know that you're glad you had time together at the recent con.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to see each other once in a while, but I was thinking definitely of you tour and.
Speaker 3: How h.
Speaker 2: Happy you must have been to have that time with her and and to have that sort of mm just reconnection on a on a deeper level as both of you, you know, matured and grown and learned so much that I was thinking of. You know, I wished that I had had that opportunity because I didn't really get to sit down and have like heartfelt conversation with her recently. But I was very glad that you.
Speaker 3: Did you as well, and I wish you had had that mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'd love to hear, like I know, people listening, like, is there a memory or a story back from nine o two one oh that's come back into your mind? You know, I don't know. I haven't asked you guys that if there's something that you know that. You keep thinking about about Shannon seeing all the pictures too. I have to say, it's like, you're so lucky that you have those photos and you know, videotape of such cool things.
Speaker 3: It's interesting when I think about that when you say are there stories, and in my mind, like I'm replaying everything, it's all the memories, not on camera. It'd stay with me, not on camera.
Speaker 2: That's so true.
Speaker 3: But I like, I can see right now the very first scene Jen and Shannon and I had together at Marian Moore's party. Yeah, it was a night scene that house.
Speaker 2: M hm. That was our first scene together, I believe.
Speaker 3: So maybe there was one other thing, but that's the one that sticks out to me that was Maybe it wasn't our first scene, but it was the first time I remember the three of us really bonding and me thinking like, we're all gonna be friends like this, this is more than just being on camera. I was hopeful for like to fit in with you guys, and and you both were so accepting me. Yeah, I remember that night. It's just laughing. I mean, we filmed all night till the sun came up, which was a lot for teenagers, you know. It wasn't as adults. Like now we're like hardened to the process of like filming all night, we're just so used to it. Like back then, like it was a lot and they were exciting. Yeah, it was like a party. Yeah, yeah, minus the alcohol.
Speaker 1: Fun. It's almost fun when you think about I mean when I think about that for you guys, but also like that age, even working all night is fun. We need to like try to get that again, do you know what I mean, Like on the joy of that.
Speaker 2: I was remembering like there was times like after we stopped filming and I was newly divorced, I think, and she took a special interest to whoever I was dating. She wanted to meet them, basically vet them. I guess I didn't really see it at the time, and I was kind of like, okay, because you know, I don't think she really knew Peter that well, but she was. She We went to dinner with two of my quote unquote boyfriends during that weird time, and I just remember her just really truly checking them out from across the table and assessing them. And then I would be like, what do you think.
Speaker 1: And she would tell me, M, yeah, I mean I think that's what you're saying. In my you know, limited experience with her in the last year, she's quite brilliant. Like she really was very talented producer, and she could sit down at the microphone, open it up and just talk and that our team that you know is listening, is just hanging on every word. She really was an amazingly beautiful storyteller in this medium, you know what I mean. Like, I think I wish she found it sooner because I think she was so suited to just talking storytelling so articulate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think maybe that's a side of her that I ever knew as a teenager in my twenties. I mean, I knew she was smart and funny and and authentic and honest about everything, but I don't think it was until her podcast and also to be honest, doing like these conventions, doing the cons where she would she was just so smart about business.
Speaker 1: Like when you guys would be out at those cons and fans would get to be with her, what was that like, Like do they just react to her?
Speaker 3: They do. I mean, I think they react to everyone on my on tono, But I think maybe she stood for something else to them, Yeah, than we all did, Like she was not just you know, their childhood friend that they had grown up watching, but she was someone so strong and such a fighter and going through so much that on some level they could relate to her. Whether it was a relative they had or a friend that was going through it, or them or they themselves was going they were going through a hard time, or a students she was that person for them, that mentor to look up to to keep going.
Speaker 1: Think about that standing ovation. Were you both there for that? Yeah, when she came out, what a moment. There was so much more.
Speaker 3: In that and that was hard for her to take, which that surprised me that day on stage because she was so good with everyone and so you know, she never got nervous. She never going on stage never bothered her. I don't think I ever saw her get nervous about anything other than her fight cancer. But like, and I could see in her face like she was just so moved and it took a lot for her to show feelings. You know, that meant a lot to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was definitely overcome with everybody's love for her, for sure. I mean just think about like where all the things that she'd been through as far as like fans loving or hating her and all. You know, she's been on the other side of that, so to feel that kind of love from her fans, I'm sure that was just like medicine for her heart, you.
Speaker 1: Know, overwhelming. All it's overwhelming. I mean, it's very It's been so beautiful to see. I mean even like on my Instagram, my entire whatever it's called for you age is just so much shamnon right, And it's like I got a lot of calls. People were very impacted by her their whole life, do you know what I'm saying, Like through nine o two one, oh, of course, but then she was so public about her battle and I think it connected her with people. So I do feel like your friend Torri that you were talking about, who even just met her once, Like, yeah, I get it. It impacted that person very deeply.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: I keep going back to her podcast page on Instagram and is it the pinned one, the on camera right, it's depended one. I think the episode where she's talking about she's starting a new treatment and or she says she feels hopeful, and I just keep I find myself going and just rewatching that probably far too many times than I should a day.
Speaker 1: But it's yeah, yeah, I mean she was working non stop. Yeah, and she liked it, you know, I can she wanted to. But to have that strength, I know that, I I mean I couldn't like. I admire it so much because it's like wow, to have that inner strength, to just be able to be working even if you don't feel good, is like unbelievable, and I think about so many people that do that. I frankly don't actually know how she did it because it's so unbelievable, and it does make me want to be like that, you know what I mean, like be a little tougher, be a little stronger. And also I feel very feel, very responsible to continue what she was doing. I think it's why I wanted you guys to come on today talk about it, because I continue to fight for what she was so passionate about. You know, have these amazing doctors and these amazing people and these amazing advocates share their stories. Because she was unfinished. That was sort of work I think is so hard. Is like her work was not done, and so I do feel like it's on you, it's on me, It's on us, it's on all of us listening to continue that. I've been so touched by the people that are like, please don't turn this Instagram off, her Instagram, her show Instagram, or her show because the message is so important. So, you know, I think that's why I wanted you guys to come on. It's just to say how you're feeling, so that other people know that what they're feeling is okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that in general, I think everybody should feel you know. I feel like I got so much strength from just knowing her as a young girl, growing up beside her for the years that I did, and I learned a lot, you know, about how to stand up for myself, how to fight for things that I believed in, and I saw I saw at times that not work in her benefit from other people's perspectives. But I also saw that she was saying what she needed to say, and I thought, I want to be like that. I want to be a person that use my voice and says what I need to say. And so she did inspire me in that is in one way that she inspired me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think people looking back, she got such a hard time at the time, and looking back, it's one of the things that's the most spectacular about her, which is so such is life, right, and that people now so admire her for that almost like we need to learn from that, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a different time m hm. To Jen's point, I feel the same way, except I didn't put it into action. Like she would always encourage me to use my voice and I didn't. You can and you do now and that yeah, in the last year. That's something that it was nice to be encourage that when I was young, but I was too young and in the middle of it to understand my worth to do that. And it was nice to hear her tell me that as an adult and be like I can't. I can't. And but when she's like, you can, and I heard it this time, I'm grateful.
Speaker 2: For that.
Speaker 3: And I will.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's yeah, you should because you honor that way.
Speaker 2: Totally. Yeah, she's going to be looking down on you and so proud of every moment that you stand up for yourself and use your voice. I can just see her applauding you, just loving it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I I realize also how hard it must have been for you guys when you lost Luke Perry I didn't realize it at the time, but now I realize. I mean, that must have just been no words and then for you to go through it again so soon. You know, I'm really sorry, Like I know that I wish I had better words because I know both of you. It's very hard. It's a piece of.
Speaker 3: You, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It's like a piece of your found that y'all never no one will ever really understand unless they were there with us then they went through the experience with us. It's it's kind of hard to for me. It's kind of hard to believe that other people understand that connection. I know for you tour, you guys spend a lot more time with each other like as friends like in the real world. And I know I've just been thinking a lot about you and your loss and sending you a lot of hugs you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jen and I have talked a lot over the years that the connection hm that we all had, it's just we always do say it's something no one can quite underst stand.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: So unique.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about going? I know you guys have a strip coming up, right, Like, isn't there a a con a reunion sort of soon? Is there one soon? Do you want to go?
Speaker 2: Do you want to I don't want to go. I don't want to go. I mean just for the far like absence of her there. I think though there's part of me that does want to go to try to like give our fans are her fans specifically, just some love, just some connection from you know us that that's who they associated all with. You know, it's not going to be easy.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah I would what do I know? But I would say it would mean so much to so many people to see you all together. Even though I get it, my instinct would be the like hide in my closet, you know what I mean, Like it would be so hard, but it's like if you have that strength.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's going to be And this is totally two separate things, but it's like when we did beh nine O two and zero and we were all together and Luke wasn't there, you know, and I know this is just a convention, but it's.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's you all being together. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: Each nine O two zero was all of us realizing because we were all together, and us all week together as a group hit us harder that Luke wasn't there.
Speaker 2: You know, there was just this gaping hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I assume that a conventions because the last one all of us were together as a unit's one and age. Yeah, so it'll be at the same time that we impacts us where we impact all the fans as well to see that she's not there.
Speaker 2: But we have to. I mean, I feel like I need to try to be strong through that and give them us, you know, because that will make them feel better. Because I know that it made us feel better to be together after Luke passed away. Yeah, there was some comfort in that.
Speaker 1: So it's tough. Makes you know, you want to reach out to each other too, you know. I was so happy. I was very happy to talk to Brian last week, you know, and it was his birthday. Oh you know, I uh, it makes me sad for you, guys. I'm really sad for you. Guys. I'm really sorry. I'm really sad for you. I'm so sad to think.
Speaker 2: Of It's like death is hard enough, you know, dealing with grief and losing someone, but then two always be sort of like cemented in people's minds and their memories as us together, you know, So then one of us is not there, and then another one of us is not there. It's just like this weird like undealt with loss, like yeah, yeah, it's really difficult to explain, honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think for me, what I can say is what a nice group of people you all are. Like, I know it's complicated, I know there's so much, but what a nice, truly nice group of people. Every single one of you, every single one of you really hind hind people. That's what I can say, because you know each of you so unique. I've been so lucky to get to work with most of you and know almost all of you. What a kind, magical group of people. And so I think that's kind of the thing, is like what fate that brought you all together? Your dad, Tori, who you know? What a lucky thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lucky's right, that's true. I can't imagine this lifetime not getting to know all of you and not going through that experience that, as we say, Jen, no one can understand. And I'm okay with that because I wouldn't have wanted to share it with anyone else besides all of you.
Speaker 2: So much love there the end of the day, whatever, anybody was dealing with. There was a just a thread of love and appreciation for one another and support that we felt because we had each other. And I don't think that that will ever go away. I still feel it with Luke. I know that as time passes, it'll feel different. With Shannon.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want to like I don't mean to be like easy or like, you know, let me cut a button on it, you know, like I don't mean to do that right now. But it's like I do feel whatever the word is, pressure, I feel a desire something to like I said, continue her message, continue her fight, like you know, ah, give my money, you know, all those things that maybe it's just little tiny things, but that maybe they do something. I said, do do you know we got to have a little laugh here, I said, do you said it? You know? So maybe and again like I don't pretend that we're going to finish this podcast and then next week it's just like, hey, guys, we're back.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like it's but I do feel inspired. Maybe that's the right word to do what I can. Maybe it's a little, maybe it's a lot, maybe it's some days it's more, but just and also like I don't want to be a dick, do you know what I mean? It's like I need to be loving to people. It's like there's so many lessons, like I need to tell you guys. It doesn't have to be unicorns and rainbows all the time. But like, I'm so lucky to get to work with you guys. And I don't mean to be cheesy or trying to like lessen the importance of this conversation.
Speaker 3: You're not minimizing anything.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's so cool, Amy that we've all found our way to you back to you.
Speaker 1: So I'm so lucky. I'm so lucky, Like what a life to get to be a you know, work with you all people that I just loved so much. And what I'll say is like, y'all, do not disappoint none of you. You know how they say like, oh, don't meet the people that you're fans of. It's like that is not the case with any of you. That whole core group, every single one of you is so impressive.
Speaker 3: That's so true. They always say, never meet your heroes, they'll just disappoint.
Speaker 1: You, and they that was so true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a good family.
Speaker 2: It was just something that was ingrained in us by whatever the experience, the fans, the moment in time of the nineties, there's just something that we all learn to really appreciate what we had and appreciate the opportunities and the gifts of people adoring the sh show and our characters. Like I feel like all of us genuinely felt so grateful for the opportunity.
Speaker 3: There's no coincidences, right, So it was about the experience and the time, but it was also about us as well.
Speaker 1: I think the thing it really has resonated to me and maybe maybe I think almost all of you feel this way. You never don't want to talk about nine o two one zero. You know, there's some celebrities that you're like doing an interview with them, like, oh, don't ask me about that show. And you all.
Speaker 3: Love it because we're grateful, Like Jen said, we're grateful. Yeah, we all know that we would be nowhere without that show and those fans for each.
Speaker 2: Other, it would be somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean here, Yeah, I'm not on this path that we've all been so lucky to have this.
Speaker 1: Lifetime contagious to the fans. I think that's what we feel so much with all of you is like the thing that we love, you love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. That's true. So I know, for one, I love my time with Shannon. I feel so grateful to have known her and learned things from her and watched her in her glory. You know, I just feel very fortunate to have been given the gift of of her.
Speaker 3: She is a real trail blazer. Do people still use that word? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she was blazing trails? Yes they do, Tori, and she was blazing trails.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can use him.
Speaker 1: Now because she was still doing that. I like it she was doing that.
Speaker 3: You know. Look, I've ever used that word my entire life and popped into my head.
Speaker 2: You're a trailblazer, you two kid.
Speaker 1: You know what I'll say is, look, we will continue to watch recap the show, but it will be a little different, and I want you guys to feel like, you know, you say what you want to say, and you will do it when you're ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it when you're ready. Well, thank you Amy for giving us the chance to sort of talk about it publicly.
Speaker 1: I you know, look, yes, I made them get on. I wanted to, like, you know, start the conversation, and I wanted everyone to get to hear it, you know, so hopefully we made the right decision.
Speaker 2: And I think so. I think important. It's important when you're grieving and other people are grieving the same one us in a different way. It's so important to connect with one another and feel that human like connective tissue. We're all hurting, we're all trying to heal. We all want to do it right, we want to grieve right, however, whatever that looks like. But I think the most important thing is that we are all in this together, Like in this moment, we are all together you, Amy, Tory, and everybody listening, everybody who ever loved the show, whoever loves Shannon, and any of our other projects. There are so many. We're all together, and that should offer us some feelings of support, you know. And it's better to not feel so alone.
Speaker 3: It's true. It's better to feel then try not to feel. Mm hmmm, well, so thank you.
Speaker 1: We'll keep talking and yeah, we're going to text you guys in five minutes like I've been.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Amy.
Speaker 1: I love you guys so much, like I really, really really love you both so much.
Speaker 2: I love you too, Love you guys who we love, our OMG family.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, people are They're such kind of people.
Speaker 2: Mm hm oh.
Speaker 1: Talk to you guys in two minutes.
Speaker 2: Bye,