Speaker 1: Hi, Hi, Catherine, Hi, Chelsea. Tak it to our many many mini minisode.
Speaker 2: It's just like a teeny Meani Sode Chelsea, I have a funny email from someone that totally relates to our Naomi Watts episode that just came out. Maggie says, I can totally second that menopause is not all terrible. It's not all doom and gloom. I'm fifty eight and postmenopausal, and I'm here to tell you that menopause is something to look forward to all caps. It is a gift. It's complete liberation from everything. The patriarchy wants us to think it's bad because we stop giving a shit about men once it starts. The pharmaceutical industry wants us to think it's bad because they can sell us meds for it. But it's awesome. To quote Christ and Scott Thomas and Fleabag, I lead a very healthy life and menopause is magnificent, So that's an exciting thing to look forward to. She also says I have two vacation properties, Joshua Tree and Palm Springs, and I save all my Dear Chelsea episodes for when I'm driving to my properties.
Speaker 1: I love that as soon as I get in the.
Speaker 2: Car Syria to play Dear Chelsea, and you and your guests are my company as I drive. Love it, Maggie.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes me happy. I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Menopause, Maggie, yep, menopause, Maggie.
Speaker 2: Chelsea. We have two callers today for a couples count Graying. They are Kendall and Olivia. They are calling in from the East Coast and they say, Dear Chelsea, this is Kendall riding in. My girlfriend and I are both twenty four years old. We met at un Ah and have been together for two and a half years. I live in mass and she lives in New Hampshire, and we can't decide on a third state to move to. I don't want to move back to New Hampshire as I went to school there, and we don't want to stay in Mass as we've been doing a long distance back and forth from both states. Any help on how to decide on a third state to move to or any states you love? Being in love you both so much. Thanks for any help, Kendall. So we'll wait for Olivia before we respond. But I have thoughts I do too. Yeah, right off the top of my head. Yes, well, what can get started. We'll just wait for her to pop in and then we'll recap.
Speaker 1: What about Connecticut, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I have been there a couple of times before.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're already on the East, do you like the East Coast, like that Eastern seaboard?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: Part of the country too. That's kind of my that's where I'm from.
Speaker 4: I'm from New Jersey, so it's not quite but I grew up on the Cape, so I like that vibe. I like New Hampshire, I like Massachusetts. I think Connecticut is a nice compromise between the two, and it still has the same vibe that you're used to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely. We've we've also gone to Portland, Maine a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Maine is awesome.
Speaker 2: It's like so fun and quaint, but there's like tons of.
Speaker 1: Specially for lesbians. Yes, right, yeah, what don't you like about?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 4: We were just talking about we were just talking about your future and whether or not you're gonna move to Connecticut or Maine.
Speaker 5: Sounds good. Yeah, those two we've been talking about a little bit.
Speaker 4: So Portland Maine whenever I perform, whenever I go to Portland, Maine, I always want an extra day there because I just love that.
Speaker 1: Food and I love Portland.
Speaker 4: I find that just to be just a cool, cool town all the way through.
Speaker 1: As it's like a city, like a mini city. You know, it's.
Speaker 4: Totally manageable, and there's a lot of like minded people there. You can pack up your lesbian Birkenstocks and just go up there together and hit it. Connecticut, I was mentioning, but Connecticut has certain parts that are really beautiful and certain parts that are a bit more rough. And I'm thinking, like, the beautiful parts are really pretty expensive. But there are like cities like Hartford, and you know, there are cities in Connecticut that could be I mean, it would be worth doing a little like trip where you guys go to like hang out in some cities in Connecticut. Go to Stamford, go to Hartford. Or you don't want to go to Boston, right because you're from mass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're not big city people.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, So I would say go to Portland first and see what the vibe is there. If you guys like that, go for a weekend and see how you like it.
Speaker 2: What kind of stuff do you guys like to do? Are you hikers? What are you doing fun time?
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm more of like outdoorsy kind of stuff. I mean, but we both like doing the crafty set of things too, like the pottery, the wine, sip and paint nights, those kinds of things and lives.
Speaker 3: Always been a big skier, but I've never skied in my life, Chelsea, you believe it or not, but we want to get into snowboarding.
Speaker 1: Actually, so what about Vermont?
Speaker 3: I haven't been to Vermont, like as an adult.
Speaker 4: Vermont's pretty cool. I don't know where. I haven't been with Vermont in so many years. I'm just trying to think of, like what the main cities there are Montpelier, but Vermont is cool. And but once you're on the East Coast, then you can have access to those ski places. I mean, there's Camelback, there's a Bunch, there's you know in Connecticut, there's Stowe, there's Killington, So you could have access to all those places once you're in that area. And then there's a there's a Rhode Island, there's Providence, there's Provincetown that's super gay that's fun. I mean, I've been there bunch of times and that's a blast. And Providence, Rhode Island is awesome. Yeah, I don't know what the cost of living is there, Like if it's expensive, I probably seemingly, but I'm sure you know there's areas in all of these places that kind of go across the board from more affordable to less affordable.
Speaker 2: And if you do decide to venture away from the Eastern Seaboard, I will say Chicago is an amazing city to be young and gay in.
Speaker 1: It is a great place.
Speaker 2: You can head up to Andersonville, which is like a lot of cities have like a boys town, but that's where all the lesbians live.
Speaker 1: Like that's funny. Yeah, all the boys town. There are lots of lesbians.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of cities have a spot for urbans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at least gay men are allowing gay women to take over versus straight men allowing straight women to take over.
Speaker 2: And then I would also say go to the other Portland, Like check out Portland, Oregon. It's fantastic. There's lots of outdoorsy stuff but also lots of creative people. But I love your idea, Chelsea of like go for a weekend, Like do a three day weekend in a bunch of different cities, get an airba and be walk around.
Speaker 4: And make sure you incorporate all the things you love, you know, like make sure you incorporate the outdoors, the aspects, and like the crafting aspects. Do your research before you go so that you can get all that stuff in, Like make sure you're going to the restaurants that you're interested in, going to the kind of style of food you like to eat, and so that you're experiencing the city and don't just stay in one area of that city.
Speaker 1: Really really take in the city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely, Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, best of luck, and let us know where you settle, okay or where you start visiting and love and that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, definitely, And congrats I'm being together and being in a happy, successful relationship.
Speaker 1: Girls. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Right, you don't hear that that often anymore, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I know. It's nice to see though.
Speaker 2: All Right, have a great day and check back.
Speaker 3: And Chelsea. Can I just back up Brittany Broski and say thank you for the interview you did with Harry Styles, Like when she said that I was like, oh my god, Yes, someone's noticing it.
Speaker 5: Doing the good work.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 3: So cute.
Speaker 1: Oh wow that was a quick one. Okay, wow, one and done. It's all in a day's work. Everybody, all in a day's work.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: I'll do Oh's