Speaker 1: I will say it makes sense. My sister had a spinal cord injury and she was this close.
Speaker 2: To extremism, but.
Speaker 3: She she was livid.
Speaker 2: Any right, anybody with a back injury, like even a slight one, you know what I mean, And then you go orders of magnitude of people need like spinal fusions. I don't know anybody who's had back level of back injury and wasn't completely well. The doctors missed it. The doctors missed it.
Speaker 1: And there's a nurse who was like, hey, honey, you need surgery, and the doctors were like, yeah, you like pull the nerve or like pinched it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was a black doctor she was, or a black nurse.
Speaker 1: She was like, yeah, you need you need emergency surgery, like right this second. And and the doctor was like oh yeah, okay, yeah, no I see that. Oh yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I like the energy of like a white doctor, Oh honey, you need surgery.
Speaker 5: It was a black doctor.
Speaker 2: This feels like it's seen in a comedy. He's really known for his bedside manner. He's like, oh mommy, damn man, what is happening with your bag? You asked lys in the MyD oh bubbalo. What's going on? You're like you're doing Yiddish?
Speaker 4: Now doctor worldwide?
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, doctor worldwide?
Speaker 6: Do you.
Speaker 5: Hello the Internet? And welcome to season three sixty eight, Episode.
Speaker 7: Three of.
Speaker 5: Production of iHeart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dab into America's share consciousness.
Speaker 8: Did I get that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: America.
Speaker 5: We now have a YouTube channel this very episode. You can go watching YouTube on Friday at Daily Zeitus Pod on YouTube. It is Wednesday, December eleventh, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 9: It's National Stretching Day. Get your stretching in, Like, stretching is vital. That's the one thing, one piece of wisdom my grandfather find on me before he.
Speaker 5: Choked around a lot on this show. Yeah, one thing that we all get around about.
Speaker 9: Don't stay limber, stay limber, You're gonna miss it. Keep those hamstrings loose, keep that back loose, baby, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Also, it's national app don't fucking fucking app uh say, yeah, stretching, We'll keep it just stretching fucking app?
Speaker 8: What about uh app?
Speaker 5: Developer Luigi Mangione, Yeah, app, I thought it was like a that's one of the ways that I've seen him described aveloper. Wow, app developer, app developer. Then goddamn, goddamn, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Luis jack Man g O'Brien. Oh, courtesy of Vanadium Silver on the discord. You know we're all trying to jump on the bandwagon, but yeah, I was. Also I've been where he's been. Yeah, I also have big eyebrows. That would be a big, a dead giveaway where I on the run and just eating at McDonald's across our great nation. Anyway, shout out to Vanadium Silver. I'm thrilled to be joined.
Speaker 3: As always by my co host. It's mister Miles Brad, It's.
Speaker 2: Miles greg Ky jingle Bells.
Speaker 9: Eikey smells, Miles Lady egg jackob may have been water ice run down his leg.
Speaker 5: Ey, it's water ice.
Speaker 2: Probably that's a hand sandwich on the discard. Thanks for that one.
Speaker 9: As we explore the world of jingle bells, Batman smells it's definitely water ice before Okay, yeah, yeah, I know, I know man.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lemon, it's the lemon one from Rita's.
Speaker 5: Do we get any alts on the on the.
Speaker 2: People people posting? Some people posting some jingle bells.
Speaker 8: Batman smells it in there for sure.
Speaker 5: Hey, our guests, who we haven't introduced yet, when was the version of that that you you heard growing up? Is definitely that one about me pissing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody knows that every Christmas Jack comes in.
Speaker 9: I'm curious if, actually I'm curious if both Molly and I have the same ending, because I know that's what I was trying to figure San Fernando from North Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Okay, like a detective pair who like I'm like.
Speaker 2: Buddy, I'm one step ahead of you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's why you're the best, o Brian. And then I put a gun to Molly not seeing this ship. Wait, okay, so Molly finish it. It's jingle bells. Batman smells Robin Layden egg Right, we have the same blatmobile lost sits We all uh huh and.
Speaker 4: Forget something something showing the Joker the Joker ran away.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, did you also hear Joker took ballet?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: No, never heard the Joker took ballet? Wow?
Speaker 5: See everyone in their fucking bubbles actually, and that's why he has such good footwork.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that makes a lot of sense. Actually, now you say that he's really really agile.
Speaker 9: Yeah, actually, now they think about it. Yeah, that's probably the smartest one.
Speaker 4: You're very nimble.
Speaker 5: That's always the thing with like linemen in football. They're like, he actually took ballet, and that's why he has such good footwork.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember that ship in the nineties. Yeah, holy shit.
Speaker 5: And then you have to you get to like picture these big giant guys in little too too.
Speaker 4: Oh they should do the nutcrack.
Speaker 2: You gotta word the too too, dude, not ballet.
Speaker 1: You guys.
Speaker 5: You guys worked up to point shoes yet. Yeah, I stood on point for fifteen minutes. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, other than two a days at the Ohio State University. Miles, that voice you keep hearing, that face that the video viewers have already seen, is one of our favorite guests to have here. A brilliant talented writer, podcaster, producer. Has written for publications like The New York Times, The New Yorker. Producer on Everybody's in La one of my favorite shows. The last year, I was the co host of the legendary podcast Girls in Hoodies Night Call. The writer creator and host of the wonderful podcast Heidi World, The Heidi Fly Story and soon to be a writer, creator and host of the legendary podcast Jenna World. Please welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: It's Molly wos.
Speaker 2: Wow. The buzzword of twenty ten, the vovozella word that you have been on so many word of the Oh yeah, it was a little plastic horn they used in South African Stadium.
Speaker 4: Bring it back.
Speaker 5: There's the show Workaholics. The writer's room like had this list of like jokes that you that were just like retired and should never be used. And like the example I always remember is he's right behind me, isn't he like after you said something bad about somebody? But like I feel like there should also be a corresponding board of just like jokes that like immediately signal that you're a shitty, like hack, like the hanging chad jokes. The vouvazella jokes were so fucking popular, Like they just like immediately sucked right away, but like hacks through. Yeah, in twenty twenty four, funny again exactly and we beat and we back.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: That's just so funny, isn't He's the Bozela's right behind me. This is so wild.
Speaker 9: Like on the Today Show's website back in twenty ten, they declared the spill cam and voovoo Zela the top words of twenty ten, spill cam being the fucking like deep water, what a fucking balance. There's spill cam and boo boozella.
Speaker 5: I thought that was like a social media thing where you're like, welcome to the spill cam where.
Speaker 2: I spill it, bitch, no spell cam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, welcome to the spill cam.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 4: Someone says about the spill cam and booboos hail.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And the one that we forgot about the spill cam because you know, any of that climate stuff, it's just try.
Speaker 2: And use that in a joke, and so goes, oh spill cam, dude, I caught that ship deep watter horizon. I was there right.
Speaker 5: By the way. An update in the jay Leno story, I will sell shit really not really, but the pope has shown up with some facial bruising. So the pope might be in on whatever weird fight club the jay Leno ass whooped in you know sinility.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, that's down.
Speaker 5: Just strange bruises that come out.
Speaker 2: Of nowhere, having terrible balance.
Speaker 5: Skin is made of tissue paper, and.
Speaker 4: I stop making fun of Irish people.
Speaker 5: You have the balance of somebody who just played spinny bit.
Speaker 2: Irish though.
Speaker 4: The Pope is Argentine, but you know what he is Catholic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so basically, stop making fun of the skin of Catholic people.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, stop making fun of our tissue paper skin. They ran out, They use up all the good skin on everybody else, and then they were like, oh we got this leftover.
Speaker 2: You got any melanin left?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 2: Nah, but I got this tie paper.
Speaker 5: Put him in the place that just has a permanent, permanent cloud over it. Just stick them there. They'll be fine. Molly, it's wonderful to have you. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. But first a few of the things that we're going to be talking about in today's episode. We are going to check in with how the Internet is responding to the revelation of who the assassin is. He is Luigimiani. As we talked about yesterday's trending episode, like that we're really in a place where people are looking for the similarities, not the differences. There, you know, like there's he's full of conflicts. Seems to be not an inn Ran fan, but like aspirationally an iron Ran fan, which is even but yeah, but a lot of things that people like, a lot of things people are liking. He's pretty hot, I think, is the main thing. I asked my friend like what he thought of him, and he is a gay man, and he was literally tongue tied for like he was like it was like cartoonishly like horny for this guy. It was one of the group.
Speaker 4: Chats are lighting up right, Oh yeah with horn for the shooter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yea, So we're gonna talk about that.
Speaker 5: Some of the conspiracy theories going around about him. Dude, I mean, I don't even have to say the numbers to eight six, right, Yeah, y'all know what's a six?
Speaker 2: We're out here two.
Speaker 5: And eighty six Pokemon. Yeah, yeah, we'll get to it. Don't worry, guys. We're read in on on the numerology around a Pokemon that Luigi Mango and he posted on social media.
Speaker 8: At some point.
Speaker 5: Conservative pundits having a hard time with this one.
Speaker 2: Which vigilante am I okay, praising that's what's where do I go? What is my brain?
Speaker 4: Supposed to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of a lot of Yeah, we were talking. We were wondering like last year or last week, like when the first happened, Like, what is the corollary to this? I can't remember a time when everybody was so on board because I wasn't like in the right wing manisphere when Kyle Rittenhouse was in trouble when he got in trouble for his little boo boo. Yeah, I guess that is a pretty good corollary, just for a very specific type of person. They have these people all the time, the racist guy with a gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was the hot criminal that everybody was into.
Speaker 5: Hot but I fell murder right that. Yeah, we're trying to find a with this high of a Q rating, you know, like where people were just like this on board immediately Chris Dorner. Yeah, but probably a little early.
Speaker 9: I feel like, yeah, I don't know people. Yeah, not everyone was on the A cap thing back then. So a lot of there was definitely the people who are like you never you can't corner the Dorner and then I'll be like, what the.
Speaker 5: I'm scared right now? Yeah you're laughing, And I'm remember.
Speaker 4: People being being like oh when they got him.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, sure sure.
Speaker 9: Look it's because it wasn't as like widespread as.
Speaker 4: No that was maybe maybe it was a local one too, because it's like, one thing was that he was LPD. You turned on LPD for being racist. Everybody was like yay, and then the LPD like did such a bad job of finding him. Also that they were like shooting at old women in a car because they.
Speaker 2: Were just like, yeah, they who are like just fash or something.
Speaker 4: Looked they were proving his point the whole time. Just kind of like.
Speaker 5: Right, there's a lot of people get some good uh some good police work being done.
Speaker 4: The Benny Hill that I'm playing on a boom.
Speaker 5: I know you nailed it. We didn't even have to say anything thing, you know. Anyways, we'll talk a lot of mane uh Molly Lambert before we get to any of that bullshit. We do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: I mean, I was just reading about the uh hot assassin.
Speaker 5: Yeah a lot.
Speaker 4: That's pretty much the main thing I've been looking at is reading people's reactions, reading, scrolling, just scrolling, just saw this stuff about like what tweets he was like in and.
Speaker 5: So what are we what are you learning? Like, give us the kind of profile that you've Everybody's like.
Speaker 4: Everyone's like so confused by his politics because they're like all over the place. But to me, I'm like, this is like the new type of person that everybody is now, which is like a mix and match libertarian.
Speaker 5: Right right, yeah, you know, like I don't like all of that.
Speaker 2: I like this part. You got to point over here, yeah right right, yeah.
Speaker 5: When his the only like confirmed statement to the police was like calling the guy a parasite, which I'm like, that has very strong libertarian vibes to me a little bit, you know, where he's like he's just feeding on the people. Just get out of the way, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally what you know. I like to see where where we overlap.
Speaker 5: I don't like parasites though generally, so that's parasite something.
Speaker 4: I don't like the government because they're doing a bad job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I don't aspire to read iin RAND. I also haven't read iin RAND. So in that way, we're basically the same person. Yeah, same, Yeah, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: Underrated? Okay, Christmas think about it.
Speaker 5: Yes, I hope that's it. I hope that's all your Christmas. Think about it, think about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll just stop there.
Speaker 5: Actually, next question you're have said.
Speaker 4: Overrated, overrated?
Speaker 2: Uh huh you years? Oh shit, now let's okay, now bring me there. I love this Why.
Speaker 4: New Year sucks? A New Years sucks?
Speaker 2: Christmas is fucking dope, Chris New Years And yeah, that's it.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 2: Is it a what are you doing? What are you doing Christmas? And what's your New Year's so I can get an idea.
Speaker 4: I do different things usually this year I'm going to Seattle, But uh, I just love the season. I love Christmas lights. Yeah, I love Christmas music.
Speaker 2: I'm there.
Speaker 4: I love how it's both like a happy time and also kind of weird and sad and melancholy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anytime anyone has a take about like I'm tired of Christmas music, I've never like once agreed in my heart, I'm always like fuck off. Like I don't care. There's like a thing you only do part of the year. It's nice to have a thing that's like seasonal.
Speaker 9: Actually right, other I mean, I feel like if the economy gets worse and shit just even gets worse under Trump, like, we're gonna be We're going to be seeing Christmas starting like fucking like, I don't know, six pm on Halloween even I don't know.
Speaker 4: Earlier it's getting a little bit like that. It was definitely a little bit like that this year. You could tell that everybody was like before Thanksgiving, people were like, it's Christmas.
Speaker 2: Oh, I put my lights up, like November eleventh, good time.
Speaker 5: We went lights on the outside of our house for the first time. And did it make you just make your heart warms my fucking heart. I feel great, happy Christmas. I think by Toots and the Wow Yeah Wow deep Cut a few years running, that's been my favor.
Speaker 2: But uh, probably Chris gift wrapping the waitresses Christmas Wrapper.
Speaker 4: That's a good one too. You guys are going so.
Speaker 2: And then and then also Felise Navid by jose Feliciano.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that ship gets me. Whenever I hear that fucking guitar going, my shoulders are like Felis Navid, I don't know why. That gets me very active. And the Andy Williams ship I love also all the Andy Williams stuff, and I also like everything from that Snoopy, the Vince GIRWALDI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like like the Bob Dylan Christmas album.
Speaker 5: That's a good one. Yeah, Christmas is there?
Speaker 2: Good? That's good. What's on there?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: An original Santa?
Speaker 4: Yeah, must be Santa. Can we play a little? It must be Santa so Miles can hear it.
Speaker 5: We cannot buy Bylin, very ligious, kind of got like polka vibes. Yeah, it's like zyder Co.
Speaker 9: There's just someone on spoons took all right, I'm gonna listening to this.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize the whole.
Speaker 5: Christmas by Byron Lee and the Dragon Airs. I always it features tooths in the makings, you know, like.
Speaker 4: The kind of like traditional ones like Carol of.
Speaker 5: Bells and the Carol of the Bells goes King once.
Speaker 4: Less, like all the kind of weird, weird old timey ones.
Speaker 5: Right, it's yeah, Christmas, Christmas Lights, Christmas, like the classic Christmas songs are being used. It Like I can't hear Carol of the bell that's the one that plays when Kevin's like building his murder house right and alone.
Speaker 9: But they do kind of like a rock remix to it. There's a little bit of electric guitar comes.
Speaker 5: There's like a full drum kit coming in.
Speaker 4: I've never thought of it as Kevin's Murderer.
Speaker 5: That's Heaven.
Speaker 4: Heaven's definitely got the Unibomber Manifesto and Dane Rand on.
Speaker 2: The but only thinking about it.
Speaker 5: That'd be funny if we learned like every assassin like like has read Catcher in the rye has thought about reading Heinrand, but like just didn't do it. Those two the two things.
Speaker 2: The Sharon Jones and Dapt Kings Christmas album is another one. I really like to start.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, thanks, good job cutting me off so I didn't start talking about how good the unibom.
Speaker 5: She's gonna do it.
Speaker 9: I love sharing Joe Adapting Man really underrated.
Speaker 4: Man Industrial Industrial Revolution.
Speaker 2: Well, actually I would say, you know, every day is Christmas. Another fantastic track.
Speaker 5: New York suffers from being after Christmas, like is that basically were were still it, just like we're hanging on so hard.
Speaker 4: I saw somebody saying, somebody from another country talking about like like it's it's weird to them that Thanksgiving and Christmas are so close together, because they're like so you're going home for Thanksgiving and then you go back and then you have to go back home like a week later, right, makes no damn sense. Space it out more, right, Yeah. I just think New Year's is like always anticlimactic. The pressure to have fun is too much, and then like historically, something bad always happens like right away in the new year. That makes people be like, oh, maybe this year's gonna suck to you.
Speaker 2: Right right right, like you thought.
Speaker 4: What I remember was when everyone was all excited for whatever year it was, and then it was like David Bowie and Prince died.
Speaker 5: Right away, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, or everybody was like maybe twenty sixteen is not going to be so bad, like just.
Speaker 5: For that year. That the my favorite flag, the Appeal to Heaven flag, got ruined January sixth, just six days into the year. God, all right, it.
Speaker 4: Is a cool flag. We should take it back.
Speaker 5: While he was talking about how cool that flag is before recording.
Speaker 4: I posted a picture of it. I saw it like a few days after the election and was like, hey, look at this cool flag. And then a million people messaged me and were like take it down, your six flag, take.
Speaker 5: It down, Take it down.
Speaker 4: Like I hadn't been postings. I was like too depressed about the election. And then it was just like, heyd a cool flag. That makes me feel better. Friends, they can't like the whole the whole thing of the appeal to have been flag is that it's about the right to overthrow the government. It's like a revolutionary war flag. So I was like, well, you can think about that.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe worth the thought, Maybe worth a think.
Speaker 2: All right, let's.
Speaker 8: A I mean.
Speaker 5: He might we might be getting a manifesto in the not too distant future. I think we've gotten a couple of fake manifestos from him. A YouTube countdown, Yeah, that is a fake. If we're gonna get into that after the break, we're gonna look at all the things that people are looking for in this assassin trying to make up about the assassination. What's true? What do people just kind of hope is true.
Speaker 8: We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by eBay. Whatever you love, find it on eBay. eBay things people love. Hey, my check what Sorry? Sorry? I was hiding out here in your garage and I couldn't help but notice all the baseball cards that you've got hanging around there.
Speaker 2: You can like you can hear that, ooh you hear that. Let's look at that the stick paint.
Speaker 9: That's all my baseball cards and basketball mostly basketball cards. You got some dupes in there. I got doubles. I got triples of the Sedale three, which is kind of funny. You got triples of the Sedale three. I got triples of I got doubles of the Clyde Drexer ninety one ninety two upper Deck. I've got triples of the Olden Polonese upper Deck sp nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 5: Why do you have that?
Speaker 9: I'm look I love baseball cards and basketball cards.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think this was the first thing that kicked me down the road of collecting because it was like the cheapest thing, like I couldn't afford a hat, or like a bunch of comics. Like first it was like a pack of cards was easy to get, like my mom or grandma to buy me. And then from there you start building and building, and I just I cannot get rid of them.
Speaker 2: They're so near and dear to me.
Speaker 9: I got gaps in my collection though, too. I'm looking at looking to fill out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whoever was the designer on the tops baseball cards from eighty six, eighty seven, and eighty eight, Like I feel like those are some of the most influential design Like they just I went and looked on eBay at those cards and I was like, oh my god. They are like like the font like the Big Team eighty six had the big team name and like big bubble letters the top, like they're right, It's just like that was my baseball card period and everything else.
Speaker 7: The cards after that and the cards before that are like look like fake baseball cards to me, right right, It's like these don't exist, those TOPS cards for sure in form like you know, like when kids like take little league baseball photos and they have like the baseball card option for the example, like that design is like that's you're doing the TOPS thing, right, I mean, and we get it because that's like that's what we all think of. Yeah, upper deck flear like those all looked a little off to me.
Speaker 5: Tops was like the only one that was like written in my soul.
Speaker 2: Right now I have.
Speaker 9: I had one of my most favorite cards that I had that I lost as a Damon Stodomeier rookie card.
Speaker 5: I bet you can find that funny band.
Speaker 9: At the time, Damon Stotdomier like was the man, you know what I mean, Like when he first came out. Yeah, and I did find it. Yo, there are some expensive There's one for like ninety bucks, the one that I'm looking for. Everybody lost it, ninety six fleeer. I'm like, ah, I'm like, but do I have that? I mean, I guess I'll have to save my money.
Speaker 5: The great Damon Stodamire fleer heeist. Yeah, right, that led to this massive price. Like I do love the weird draft rookie cards where like you were showing me a Stacey Augman one earlier where he's just in a white tea and like Jordan ash g exact means yeah, and like against the like elementary school picture backdrop.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was like, congratulations, you're in the NBA and you've done it.
Speaker 3: Congrats.
Speaker 9: The more you know exactly, Well, we all got a thing and it's on eBay. Maybe it's fast in car parts, trading cards, retro movie posters, anything you can collect. So go find the thing that keeps you up at night, whatever you love, find it on eBay.
Speaker 2: eBay things people love.
Speaker 5: And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back, and we're back.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I mean there have been conspiracy theories swirling around the shooting of Brian Thompson sit for a while now, even though didn't it just happen less than a week ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's been one week literally last Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's wild. I have missed this one because I don't watch CNN because I'm fucking weird. I guess fucking loser dude on there. So they had their expert on law enforcement on and he claimed that Thompson may have hired a hitman to bump him off for insurance purposes. Their law enforcement person said on CNN, that's so, it's a very good body is still warm. He said, like, yeah, I just want to read this because it's such good. Also, just like dumb cop talk, he said, it's a good chance. It's a very good possibility with these new photographs, that is that they already know who he is. It's a very good chance of that. But I also want to say something else that I know these criminal investigators are looking into as it relates to motive. There have been times when people have orchestrated their own demise for certain reasons. We know that, and data Badge is like, wow, I'm not saying this is the case, but as an investigator, I like for insurance purposes. Absolutely, absolutely insurance purposes. You know, maybe they fear some type of investigation down the road. Maybe they don't want to leave their family and like just immediately like as just as disrespectful as the internet has been of of this man's death, like this is wild for the police actually come on to be like, I don't know, maybe he killed himself, Doug.
Speaker 4: All the time we didn't find him yet, must be something crazy exactly exactly. Can't be Okham's razor. If the cops are bad at their job, it's got to be something crazier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does that look at how many murders we solve? Don't look at those statistics.
Speaker 4: Your delco accent a little bit.
Speaker 5: Or yeah, I was trying. I was going like a little Philly.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's just anytime I hear a cop trying to like sound smart with like very good possibility of the perpetrator in the case had orchestrated himself into the position, like orchestrated like a one man band.
Speaker 4: I thought this was interesting because it felt like the conspiracy theories didn't come out as fast and loose as they usually do with things like that, because everybody was just like, oh yeah, that makes sense, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah. We usually we're trying to like put our own reasons on top of the thing and like on top of the news story, on top of the motives of the people in the news story, and usual.
Speaker 4: Case, they're like, it's just oh, he was gonna expose the pedophile ring or whatever, and yeah, yeah. Time really it seemed like people were just like it took me a few days and then a few days later. Now there's conspiracy theories, yeah.
Speaker 9: Now that he's caught, or now if it even is him, because there's definitely a large group of people who are like they this is just a patsy.
Speaker 2: Well do you know this guy?
Speaker 4: Here's what I saw a lot of yesterday. It's not that he's a patsy. It's that he's CIA. Uh what because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh huh go on, hold on, I'm here, I'm here, I'm listening.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, he's CIA. He's not the guy. They're using him as the guy, and he's willingly consenting to be used as the guy because he's CIA, and they're trying to make it look like they found the guy, and they are on top of it, and the reasoning that he's CIA is that he went to Penn right mm hmmm, and they recruit a lot of people for the CIA from Penny Ivy League, and he's got some It's like his somebody he's related to is the Republican politician.
Speaker 9: And yeah, his cousin, Nino Mangioni, he's a Maryland States district I've already done the digging. He's also Trump's like regional chairperson for like the last campaign.
Speaker 5: It turns out the most elaborately uh italianly named Nino.
Speaker 4: It is. You can see that, like the right wing is like twisting themselves into knots because they're like, well, what do you mean he's like a rich white guy, what are we supposed to do with that?
Speaker 2: And his cousin's a full on Trump or like fully for the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they're kind of like, what do you.
Speaker 9: Like, Let's leave his cousin out of this. He's an innocent bystander. Let's not look too deeply. Imagine if that guy was a Democrat.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit horseshoe theory of like, well everybody hates the healthcare companies, Yeah, like left just hate them and Republicans left, right and right when people hate them because they hate the government and libertarians.
Speaker 5: When Ben Shapiro like did his big rant about like this, this is how sick the people on the left are that they're like cheering this guy on, Like there were so many people commenting being like, hey, man, don't that's not just the left, that's us too, Ben Shapiro want and yeah, l take dog, I do just want to go. It's just so wild to me, Like, I don't know, we talk about it a lot that police may be a bad idea, just the fact that that guy just came up with that theory to make himself sound smart, and now like guys with guns who can end your life are trying to prove that theory correct. Like that's how policing works, right in this it's just like, well we said that, and so now we're gonna like try and make it so well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he had to do some like status quo improv though, too, because he couldn't be like, well, I'd imagine based on how our healthcare system is.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've anybody you got it. I mean, if you would get fucking mad out your damn mind probably want to kill somebody like, and he had to be like, uh so, yeah, it's probably like could be a hitman, uh tried to off himself. Probably something like that. Could be one of those new Jersey drones that flew off to the Hudson, one of the rivers.
Speaker 4: Interesting, it went from like this guy's John Wick. Nobody knows who he is and will never know anything about him, including his motive, which seems pretty obvious but could be something else, right, and then like two days later it's like, no, man, this guy fucking hates the healthcare system because he had a spinal injury, right, And people were saying too, they were like, it's because he had this spinal injury. He's like an active ab hab and guy, and then he suddenly can't do anything active. He's like in bed, gotta think about stuff for months at a time. And then people were like, they were like, and then he did a bunch of he did a bunch of psychedelics, yeah, and saw you know, saw himself inside a bullet going out of the gun.
Speaker 5: This is what's going to this is what's going to end the psychedelic.
Speaker 4: And it is like the right wing people can't get mad because they love guns. So much, so it is kind of like, alright, he was a visual anti shooter, like took the law into his own hands, so we like historically love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I just don't kill people. Italian guys killed people. Okay, it really is he the only Italian guy who hasn't watched and taken to heart the lessons of Godfather, Like he didn't know to just like drop the gun right away.
Speaker 8: Get that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Like also, when Michael hits the judge and the captain of the other family, like in the restaurant, he shoots them both and they tell him to just drop the gun right where he is and then walk out. Nobody will be looking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why didn't he study the history of his people?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Brother?
Speaker 2: The Godfather?
Speaker 4: The Godfather is a big Christmas movie, understand but.
Speaker 5: Reason for the season, you know, yeah, God and Father's.
Speaker 11: God and the Father the So some of the conspiracy theories that have happened, some people suggested he actually wanted to get caught, so they like want everybody everybody kind of wanted him to be a batman villain and like.
Speaker 5: He had done some of the work for them by like writing on the bullets already. But he so their their theory is like he wanted he went to that McDonald is knowing that that McDonald's employee was going to recognize him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, taken ballet, so he could have danced away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, just a fleet of foot like The Joker. But yeah, but you know in that movie, The Joker in the Dark Knight intentionally gets caught. Also in every movie that came out after The Dark Knight that happened.
Speaker 4: That's also why this guy's politics aren't that confusing to me, because it's like, yeah, he's like some guy you saw The Dark Knight and.
Speaker 5: Saw The Dark Knight when he was like nine and was like, well, my personality is completely want.
Speaker 4: To I want to watch the world burn, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ooh, I'm like that guy. And then so that idea that he was caught on purpose was validated when its surfaced that man Gione posted a countdown clock on YouTube counting down to quote the True along with the message if you see this, I'm already under arrest and it's very compelling. I heard about this, I was like, oh, and it seemed to be counting down to today's date, December eleventh.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then some asshole on the Internet had to go and analyze the time stamps and figure out that the video was uploaded to YouTube after he was arrested.
Speaker 4: It should have gone.
Speaker 2: I mean, that one's such it's not even a good one, though.
Speaker 9: I get that they're just they want to chum the waters to get people to be like, but I'm like, it could have been it could have hit harder.
Speaker 4: Should have just linked to this episode of The Daily Gus.
Speaker 2: Exact you oh whoa gorilla marketing. But let's get to two eight six, bro, Let's get to fucking brass tacks all right?
Speaker 5: Yeah wait, hold on, I'm just trying to see it, like I want to kind of spread the theory that like it could have been me, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, yeah, can we get do you have like a hoodie or something you can.
Speaker 5: Do it?
Speaker 4: Wait? Can you smile for us? Jackson to the video episode?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, wow, Halloween, he has a better smile than me. But no, that was no, that's good.
Speaker 4: It's such a.
Speaker 5: Good smile that he lowered his mask to just like do it one time when he was actively trying to hide his identity.
Speaker 4: That's where people were really getting anti Italian with it. They were like, oh, the man couldn't stop it from flirting, this horny hot man yea.
Speaker 5: And I mean he also couldn't fucking pluck his eyebrows. That is my one. Like, if he was intending to like stay on the run, just pluck your eyebrows a beard.
Speaker 4: He should have had a beard first and then shaped it. People are saying, yeah, yeah, yeah. He was unfortunately pretty easily identifiable by his beautiful.
Speaker 5: Smilellion dollars smile. He was incredible officer.
Speaker 4: Even even after his politics have come out as being confusing because everybody I knew was thirsting for him because they were like hot leftist assassin, and then when it came out he's like hot libertarian assassin, people did not stop thirsting.
Speaker 5: They were like, yeah, I already got the l.
Speaker 2: Like at least not a Republican, Like, I can work with that, I can work with that.
Speaker 4: I've never seen people so united on something ever.
Speaker 5: Real it is in like the first two weeks of a relationship where they're like, yeah, there's normally people looking so much normally.
Speaker 4: I feel like the Libs would be like, oh, no, violence isn't the answer, Like we ca you know, killing son, you killed this person and he has a family that you left behind. But it seems like everyone's kind of like so fed up with everything. Yeah, but they're just like, yeah, I was killing people.
Speaker 2: Did the thing. It's like, we don't solve things with cold blooded violence, you know, like the state.
Speaker 4: I saw a little bit of that on Reddit, of people being like, oh, you know, you left behind children and stuff. But the overall, like even people that normally would be like no, we can't be killing people are like, you know what, this guy killed a lot of people, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, there is there's always that sort of caveat attached for sure, I think, because I think for most people, you know, to look at it in a vacuum, to just be like this guy was just shot on the street, What the hell's going on with our world?
Speaker 9: Completely leaves out the part of like the actual humans people seem.
Speaker 4: Aware of, Like, no, the healthcare guy is a mass murderer, right, yeah, and a public figure, and like, if you're gonna be a mass murderer, say it with your chests.
Speaker 5: Not maybe not a good system when like the thing, the only way that people have seen the head of a mass murdering corporate ration have any come uppances by somebody just like you know, buying a gun and shooting them on this.
Speaker 4: But it does also feel like it's like a little bit of a turning point where people are so fed up. It feels a little bit like, oh I was all week, I was like this like Super Ferdinand type stuff.
Speaker 5: It does feel like this is what yeah, like this is the same sentiment that causes revolutions.
Speaker 2: It's just I don't know.
Speaker 5: It feels like we have a different world with like social media like instead of it just.
Speaker 4: Feels like, Okay, everyone's tired of living in fear under the thumb of like horrible, disgusting CEOs who should be afraid of the people and aren't, and now they seem afraid. Eli keeps like trotting his child out now because a human shield bring in one of his children. He never same with the children ever.
Speaker 2: Ever, that has to be an actor, because I don't think now he's.
Speaker 4: Carrying like a baby around to be like, don't don't shoot you know what, tremputers, they'll avoid the baby, They'll they'll still shoot around the baby.
Speaker 5: Not that we're advocating for.
Speaker 4: That, not that we're advocating, but it does seem like across the board. Everybody's like, well, maybe it's good that these people seem to be a sentiment the way we all live in Fear, which honestly is very Gotham City of everybody to be like right, you know what, like, yeah, everyone in charge is bad. Maybe we need a rogues gallery poison Ivy, and Ivy did nothing wrong.
Speaker 5: I mean, she was just trying to save the world planet. So the most elaborate Luigi Mangioni conspiracy theory right now involves Pokemon. Uh so, he posted an image of the Pokemon character bray Loom on social media, and Braylum is the two hundred and eighty six I mean, I do I have to even say this is the two hundred and eighty six Pokemon in the official Pokemon Poke Index and poked x has everybody probably noticed two hundred and eighty six also the number of tweets made by Mangioni on his personal Twitter account before he got caught by authorities. There's also and then obviously our mind races forward Bible proverbs twenty eight point six. I don't know, I guess it's not twenty verse six. Twenty eight verse six, which reads better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways a verse we all know. And then there's also denial code two eight six in the health insurance industry, which is applied when a healthcare claim is denied due to not meeting the appeal time limits. Wow, that's how you could find any healthcare code, and it would be some fucked up thing, some fucked up denial code. I'm pretty sure all the denial codes are probably bad.
Speaker 4: I'm going to add one on top of there and say it could also be two eighty six, meaning like when you eighty six something on a menu in a kitchen. So it's like, I'm going.
Speaker 5: If eighty six, Yeah, if I were too, And that would suggest that this is a seventh situation and he's there's another victim out there that we don't even know about yet. And man, Jan, he's going to have Gwyneth Paltrow's head sent to him in a box while he's in prison. That would be my guess. That would be the rooms you could also, Yeah, so he might have posted bray Loom because it is just a cool looking pokemon that looks like an adorable magic mushroom, if it were an animal.
Speaker 4: Let me see it, show me in the chat.
Speaker 2: Everything is true and fall at the same time. It's it's it's quite beautiful. There's there's braillom.
Speaker 5: There's so cute, Like if a little tree frog was also a mushroom, yeah, and it was also hands a little dinosaur.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You could show me any Pokemon and I'd be like, oh, oh, Jacko's name is Luigi. Also is Bella.
Speaker 2: We we love?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it really.
Speaker 4: My friend and I were talking a bunch about there's a thing on the Bill Simmons Show the other day where he was talking about if Kobe Bryant had grown up in Italy, how he'd be Kobe Bryan Teeney. And then when it came out this guy's name was Luigi Mangoni. My friend and I were texting.
Speaker 5: Cob Bryant, Wow, that's pretty great. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll do some more Luigi lore and uh some others.
Speaker 8: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 5: And my first question whenever a big moment to the event happens is how are the conservatives doing though?
Speaker 8: How has Laura ingrown.
Speaker 9: You head around it. Yeah, I mean we talked about Ben Shapiro. I think just generally like pundits, you know, conservative or liberal. You know when when you get that millionaire blindness, you know what I mean, where your wealth puts you in like this golden clad echo chamber, where your financial success leads you to believe that you have it all figured out and you are in fact infallible. I just want to point out this moment that was posted by Asen on Twitter. Who does the lord's work of capturing a lot of the fucking just ridiculous shit that is uttered on Fox Laura Ingram's show. You know, I think most people would just watch this little snippet and have just intense, intellectual like whiplash.
Speaker 2: She's first. The clip starts off with her basically like she had a panel on and they were just like lamenting the just lack of sympathy that was being shown for Brian Thompson and the fact that people were thirsting after Luigi, and then she wraps it up in a really nice Fox So we just.
Speaker 5: Want to say who Daniel Penny is because I didn't know him by.
Speaker 2: Daniel Penny is the guy who has just recently found not guilty of murder for the murder of Jordan Neely on that New York subway. This you know last year, I think, yeah, and this is just a guy who was having like a mental health crisis and he just choked him out and he died and then that was fine, I guess. So here is Laura Ingram going off on just what the fuck is going on? America is just sick.
Speaker 12: We'll dig into it later. The Instagram post from nutbag people, which I was sent in the commercial break earlier, crazy, he's cute, he's and people celebrating this. This is a sickness. Honestly, it's so disappointing, but I guess we shouldn't be surprised, gentlemen, Thank you so much. And up next the other big news out of New York. Daniel Penny. A lot of people think he's a hero, and tonight he's not guilty.
Speaker 3: My take next, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: It's so fucking wild to be like, yeah, her take also monstrous.
Speaker 5: Also makes me sick to my stomach on this one too.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I mean like, yeah, of course, of course, of course, of course, it's it's really it's again, it continues on CNN, your favorite channel, Scott Jennings, who's like their main conservative, just weirdo who likes to scream at Audie Cornish was also tried to do a thing where he was trying to be like, people need to get it through their heads, like that's bad.
Speaker 2: What he did is bad, and then there's also good guys. So here, let me break it down for the left real quick. This is Scott Jennings.
Speaker 5: Can't seem to tell.
Speaker 2: The difference between people on the left.
Speaker 12: I'm asking you.
Speaker 2: We have people praising you know.
Speaker 13: Whether you think that is good, as Congressman Crane does that Daniel Penny should get the Congressional Gold Medal to recognize as heroism.
Speaker 4: I'm not asking you about anyone.
Speaker 12: I think he ought to get metal.
Speaker 13: I think they ought to build a statue to this guy in New York City.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's them talking about Daniel Penny again. Okay, yeah, and then let me just play this other clip. Sorry, because I was meant to play this other one where he had it all written.
Speaker 8: Down on paper.
Speaker 2: One second. Okay, here we go, here we go. Let me let me just help you understand. If you're on the American left tonight.
Speaker 5: Here's my chart.
Speaker 13: The good guys today, Daniel Penny, the bad guys Luigi MANGIONI.
Speaker 12: It seems to me, how do you ard for victims.
Speaker 13: I'm just I'm just telling you what I see out victim. What I'm telling you is that second people on the left, left people on the left.
Speaker 2: I can't seem that can't seem to tell the difference between people on the left.
Speaker 4: I said, we had people praising want to know whether.
Speaker 5: You think that's good as Congressman Crane.
Speaker 9: That goes on, and then that's where we get the next quote about yeah, yeah, yeah, this is CNN and that guy's That guy's CNN's guy.
Speaker 2: He's not just some random they bring on. He is their senior sure, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean being like they're like, what's your what's your analysis breakdown?
Speaker 2: What's your framework for the victims?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have logic and sense, and the other guys like no, pure emotion, pure no.
Speaker 2: No no no no, that's bad.
Speaker 9: I mean obviously to them. Yeah, if you're at a BLM rally, your fair game. If you're a person of color having a mental health crisis, your fair game. If you're a white wealthy guy just trying to make the line go up for your shareholder.
Speaker 5: You know how scary it is? Do you know how brave they have to be to go into work every day having made twenty five million dollars the year before, and like know that the haters are gonna be mad at It.
Speaker 4: Is interesting too. It's like the right wing people, including that guy, it's like they're not calling him a terrorist. Yeah, interest, I wonder what that's all about.
Speaker 5: He's calling him Luigi, like the Mario character.
Speaker 2: Like, are we just getting into some good old fashioned American anti Italian racism?
Speaker 4: It does feel this whole thing does feel like back to the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 9: So yeah, yeah, they're like he's Italian, so let's get that straight.
Speaker 4: He's got that hot head. They're gonna, yeah, they're gonna love me and Jack up in the paddy wagon any minute now, right, right.
Speaker 9: Right, right, yeah, I mean again, like to your point, like Molly and just everyone's saying like it's just it is wild how widespread, Like the outrages over healthcare, like it does feel instructive on some level because it's they're like the American predatory healthcare system is one of the most potent forces of radicalization, it seems in this country and is giving us glimpses into like truly bipartisan outrage.
Speaker 4: And I'm like this, this guy's rich, his family could afford Luigi's family could handle the extreme cost of all his spine stuff. But it was like he's still like, wait, this is completely unfair and insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I'm curious to see, like, you know, because of just seeing this, like if any who even attempts to like has the ability or wants to try and wield this outrage in a way that can politically something.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm telling you, nobody's gonna.
Speaker 2: Do no establishment for sure.
Speaker 4: No, it's gonna be like Bernie Sanders being like people are mad about healthcare because it sucks really bad and then Democrat, you shut up, crazy Bernie over here.
Speaker 2: Hear you, fucking freak. You're just mad because you lost scoreboard? Asshole?
Speaker 5: What Yeah, anyways, how things going at United Healthcare?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What's that? Like, what's the one of the vibes there?
Speaker 9: Like I think, yeah, there was a thing, uh that we missed that last week because it happened on Friday. So on Friday, United Health Groups CEO. So this is the boss, like the main boss of Brian Thompson, because Brian Thompson was technically in charge of the insurance like division. But anyway, his boss, the CEO, Sir Andrew Witty, delivered a private message to staff regarding the killing and to also remind them all that they are on the side of angels. They are the good guys in this in this fight. So let's let's let's remember that. This is what the CEO of United had to say to staff.
Speaker 6: I'm sure everybody has been disturbed by the amount of negative and in many cases vitriolic media and commentary that has be produced over the last few days, particularly in the social media environment, and I want to reassure you of a few things. Firstly, we are going to continue to make sure that we put patients, consumers and members first.
Speaker 4: Okay, sure, why is he British?
Speaker 2: Dude? He was knighted by Queen Elizabeth.
Speaker 9: I guess that's how. That's how he got his knighthood. So I think he was a pharma executive before this. Really really great story, really great backstory. This is skipping ahead about a minute longer.
Speaker 5: He's actually like more of a public servant than anything, like he's about serving people first, right, yes, exactly, by letting the companies know when they don't deserve.
Speaker 2: Right right precisely.
Speaker 9: He goes on this a little bit more about again talking about like what like why United Healthcare is good, and he says something that caused a lot of outrage.
Speaker 2: You'll you'll probably yeah, something will probably hit your ear in a way.
Speaker 6: And we make sure the care is safe, appropriate, and it's delivered when people need it, and we guard against the pressure that exists for unsafe care or for unnecessary care. Oh, delivered in a way which makes the whole system too complex and ultimately unsustainable.
Speaker 5: That is the that why you need wall making sure that you don't get unnecessary cancer cares.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great. We guard against the pressures that exist for unsafe care or for unnecessary care, which he then says is unsustainable to our industry if we got to if people are like saying they need treatment and we're just given everybody treatment, we can't make fucking two point six or two billion dollars.
Speaker 4: And then it also come out that it's like all the decisions are made by AI.
Speaker 2: There isn't there was they do but there was. Yeah, they were using AI at one but they probably still at some point. Let him go on, because this is when he tells the staff again just to block out the nonsense that yeah, no, truly, this is what he says to the staff.
Speaker 6: I encourage you to shoot that critical noise that we're hearing.
Speaker 5: Right now the voicinger hand.
Speaker 6: It does not reflect reality. It is simply a sign of which we live. What we must do is focus on what we know to be true. And what we know to be true is that the health system needs a company like United Health Group.
Speaker 5: All right, that's it, like it's this week, douche. I do want you to get to the part where he talks about how we.
Speaker 2: Need more Brian's in the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, how many he got?
Speaker 4: Why do they look like the villains from Dune?
Speaker 5: I know, That's what I literally wrote. Like he just rolls off out of the black Goo and Dune too.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is him going on. I'm telling trying to, I guess, tell people to completely ignore their their conscience. Okay.
Speaker 6: Within it fortunate that within this company we have so many people driven and inspired in the same way that Brian was, and we will continue in our journey to help.
Speaker 5: Do you know, do you have any idea how many of you guys they would have to murder for it to even like stop us at all, for it to even slow us down at all. We have so many of you FUCKERSA what what I got bodies? Man, I'm like fucking Russia in a world war. I'm just gonna throw you fucks into the meat grinder.
Speaker 2: No rifle, no problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you pick up the one, you will have security and so when he gets shot, you can then take his security.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: It is very again because when you talk when all of this is sort of masking the whole thing, which is we must liver shareholder's value by any means necessary, even if that means people die and maybe and there's potential retribution for us. That's just our ethos, that's your jobs, that's our statement.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Also, this guy, Sir Andrew Whitty, his last take home pay package about around twenty five million a year, and he is also also under investigation.
Speaker 2: For insider trading, like Brian Thompson.
Speaker 5: Was, Well, shit, it's it is just also every picture like just the accidental agit prop that is happening right now, because every picture of Luigi Mangioni. He looks awesome, and every one of these guys like that guy looks like you just came out of the black goo and dune, like Brian Thompson. Just how do they only have two photos of him? Like they're trying to make the case that he is like a good father and shit, but like they haven't shown anything other than they're LinkedIn profile pictures.
Speaker 4: He's that ai, right.
Speaker 9: Their usual playbook for being like, we need to generate as much sympathy for this victim as possible. Like they're not even a like doing that where they're like here's a video coaching a team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but whatever.
Speaker 9: I don't know, because all the energy feels very much like a lot of like especially I mean, most pundits are doing the thing they're like, guys, don't this guy isn't cute if it comes off like guys, smoking isn't cool, so don't do it right, And then they're.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, all right, dude, ship looks pretty fucking cool to me. I like smoking.
Speaker 9: Sorry, yeah right, It's just it's it's a very it's like interesting to watch how they're how the media is trying to sort of like navigate this because on one hand, like, again you do the thing where you fully lay bare all of the ways that the health insurance industry is predatory and it's just built on grinding people down to dust in the name of profit, or you kind of do this weird half assed dance, or you're like he may have had a gripe.
Speaker 2: And then also like was that our ghost guns problems? I don't you know what I mean, Like, it's it's that they haven't kind of coalesced around a single talking point that they're going to use to try and deflate because.
Speaker 4: They can't argue that he's not hot. It's really funny, like everyone I've ever known is like, yeah, he's hot, yees tonight. It's not even like which is crazy because most people have all kinds of the different types, you know, But it feels like it's like in the way that everyone's like, yeah, Sidney Sweeny's hot. Can't deny she's.
Speaker 5: Like regular or quadrant. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's just like everyone's like, yeah, everyone, that's the we all agree. Yeah, an Italian guy with abs, even if that's not your thing, Yeah, he killed it.
Speaker 2: They're like, that's so two thousand and nine.
Speaker 4: But you know he is Jersey Shore, but it is like that's the appeal. And then again there's like nothing they can really say about his upbringing or anything, which is normally where they'd go with this is like.
Speaker 8: Was no angel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they're not doing that at all because they can't be Oh, we went to an Ivy League school.
Speaker 2: He is like.
Speaker 4: A tech engineer or whatever. He's we tell all the stuff that we tell our kids to do. He literally learned to code.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The one thing I've seen, like in the sort of comments sections of like Fox News in the New York Post is a lot of people beginning to attack universities like that seems to be the one.
Speaker 4: That's what I would think would be like that. They'd be like, oh, it's the kid's getting radicalized at our colleges, which, by the way, not really what happened now. No, No, the Reagans put a stop to all that that.
Speaker 5: Well, Molly Lambert, what a pleasure having you on the daily as always. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 4: Ah, you can find me. I'm off Twitter, which is why I was really confused to see what it looks like now. And then it has a sidebar that says Grok.
Speaker 5: Now, oh yeah, you're missing out on the developments that Groc has brought us.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. You know what Grock is from.
Speaker 5: It is a sci fi thing, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a sci fi thing, but it's like a right right wing sci fi.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What is that book called. It's a book. It's by the guy who did Starship Troopers. But Starship Troopers is like a pair like the movie is a satirizing the stuff that's in the book, but in the book it's just presented as like, yeah, wouldn't it be awesome to be a Nazi?
Speaker 5: Robert a Heinlend's sci fi novel Stranger in a Strange Land.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. And Elon Musk loves Grok for some reason because he's a loser. Oh yeah. You can see me in the in a documentary that's on great great segue. You can see me a little bit in a documentary called yacht Rock, a documentary docksvilled doc k.
Speaker 5: Wow, I didn't know you were in that. It's on my Life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, check it out. I'm in it. That's it with a bunch of great people, and I love I could talk about yacht rock all damn day I could rock some yacht rock and yeah, you can also find me on Instagram at Molly Underscore Lambert. I have a book coming out called Duos and Pop Music and you can find that at a commercial type is the company putting that out. It's a book about all these duos, musical duos, like starts with a big essay about the breakup of Holly Oates after fifty years.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah and you can.
Speaker 4: Well you'll have to watch the documentary to find that out, Jack, and the answer is no, they are tsop the sound of Philadelphia slightly different. Part of the thing about yacht rock is its West Coast Okay, I think personally, I'm think there's a long tradition of West Coast cool jazz that leads into yacht rock. It's they got to have the laid back, feeling cool. You'll see you'll see when you watch the documentary, I'll.
Speaker 2: Learn more than watching the Channel one oh one series yacht Rock.
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's in there too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's seminal. I got into yacht rock because of the fucking Channel one o one show.
Speaker 5: There's still a part where I think the guy playing Michael McDonald goes shut the fuck up to somebody in my head always every day.
Speaker 4: That was I was like, that's such an interesting time, like right before YouTube, when people were like, hey, we could make our own TV shows. If only there was a channel, we could post them online. Anyway, check out the yacht rock documentary Doctor by Garrett Price, produced by Madison Cross, daughter of Christopher Cross, who's really cool. Wow, and uh she's best friends with Michael McDonald's daughter. Oh, they're from the valley. You'll be shocked to hear.
Speaker 2: Oh for real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the outrock people are from the valley too. Toto all went to Grant High Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went to school.
Speaker 4: That's where all the studios are.
Speaker 2: A couple of Toto kids that went to my high school.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's all like kind of like the studio musicians who became the hot rock guys. I keep saying. It's a great sports documentary about a great team of.
Speaker 2: They had like a studio in Valley Village though too that I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then one of them started the Baked Potato the jazz club in the Valley. Pro session guys anyway, check all that out and then next year you'll be able to hear Jenna World, a podcast also about the valley and the history, the rise and fall of the porn studios in the valley and the entire porn industry and Jenna Jamison the biggest porn start of the nineties and two thousands. So ready for that voices from Miles and Jack. They don't even know what they're doing yet, but they're going to be in it.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, then it's going to be amazing that that was the thing that sealed it. It's gonna really put it over the edge. No, I'm so excited for that show. It's going to be amazing. Is there a work of media Molly that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Actually, I've been reading a book that's a diary of the Shakers that I found in a free library and it's the Shaker community in New England and it's the most interesting book. It's just the diary of stuff happening around the Shaker community. And all the entries are like put up the barn today, and then like next day, like too cold, no work on the barn today.
Speaker 2: What year is that from?
Speaker 4: It's from the yeah, eighty six, it's from like the late eighteen hundreds, and it turns out it's actually from when the Shakers were starting to kind of die out because of get ready for it, the Industrial.
Speaker 2: Revolution, Ah damn it.
Speaker 4: So they're kind of like trying to preserve the traditions, but they keep losing people because it's like they got a job at the factory. But it is like just it's an interesting book. A lot of stuff is like having a nice Thanksgiving. There's a part that's think observing this new thing called daylight savings time.
Speaker 5: They're being radicalized by daylight savings. Amazing Miles, where can people find you as their workimedia You've been enjoying.
Speaker 9: Everywhere that has an at symbol, miles of gray, including blue Sky, particularly Blue Sky.
Speaker 2: Try over there.
Speaker 9: You can also find Jacket on the basketball podcast Miles and Jacko Man Boost the Steve. You can also find me talking about ninety d fiance on four to twenty Day Fiance.
Speaker 2: Say let's see a.
Speaker 9: Oh man a tweet I like man. This is from Nate at Homo Classical. It's a photo of all the sex and the City Yo sitting down at lunch and it says Miranda the shooter did what he had to do to fight against a corrupt system, Charlotte.
Speaker 8: But can you think shooting someone is.
Speaker 2: Right, Samantha, Honey, he could shoot inside me anytime he won. Wow, Carrie Big is moving to Paris.
Speaker 8: Again.
Speaker 9: Everyone is using HBO shows to bring this to life. There's so many soprano ones too, They're like.
Speaker 2: I don't care what they say in this home. Luigi Mani is a hero and of and.
Speaker 5: Of work of media I've been enjoying on Blue Sky. Aaron Stewart on at bad Ideas, Stop Blue Sky. A social tweeted, fuck, I think we totally forgot that part in Dune Part two about not falling for charismatic, violent folk heroes fueled by vengeance who look like Timothy Shallomey in a hoodie. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find me on Blue Sky at jack Obe the Number One. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at ze daily Zeikeeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes, where we look off to the information that we talked about in today's episode as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yes, there is. Okay.
Speaker 9: This is a track called Sticky by the band Free Whenever, and it's kind of got like a kind of funky, little spy guitar vibe to it. But it's like if Krungbin was doing like spy rock sort of vibes from like the sixties seventies.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what this track feels like. So it's like easy but also kind of got a little got a little an air of mystery to it that I like. So this is Sticky by the group Free Whenever.
Speaker 5: Amazing, all right, we will lick off to that in the footnotes. Todaily Zeich is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio Wrap Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk.
Speaker 8: To you all that.
Speaker 5: Bye bye. Nine mm