Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. Now, your party has been very clear that you're willing to lead a government on your terms. You've put forward your own budget proposal. But why should Emmanuel Macroon pick somebody from the Socialist Party to be prime minister?
Speaker 2: Madel Macon needs stability, he needs He.
Speaker 3: Had another two years to run and I think he cannot afford to be changing his prime ministers every year. It's not good for the economy, it's not good for the country.
Speaker 2: We need visibility, we need stability.
Speaker 3: And given the results of the last elections, the Left came first, it should have been called to government, it wasn't, and now we have the situation that we're in. That is a government which cannot govern because it doesn't have a majority in the Assembly.
Speaker 1: Of course, the Left that won the election is in a lincients that's no longer in existence. The Far Left Party of France on Boud has has pulled apart from your party and the Greens in that alliance. So the numbers don't stack up in exactly the same way. But can your party build a working minority in parliament. You know, we've already heard doubts from the center right, layer of public any or traditional political rivals through modern French political history, who said that they won't participate in the government that's led by the Socialist Party. Could could the socials do any better when it came to the parliamentary arithmetic?
Speaker 3: And I think we have to draw the lessons from mister Bayohu's methods, which was to just decide on his own believe that he can go to the country by you know, being on television. I think he gave interviews to every single newspaper and TV channel and felt that, you know, the people might turn against you know, the members of parliament. But that's not the case. That was not the case.
Speaker 2: So I think we have to change drastically.
Speaker 3: We don't have a tradition of coalitions or compromise or but I mean, if we need now.
Speaker 2: A budget, which is absolutely essential, and in.
Speaker 3: The Senate we've been preparing for the past few months to discuss it because you know, because of the instability in the National Assembly. In fact, the Senate that has been doing the job for the past few years now doing the job of the Assembly and ourselves. So I mean, we cannot continue like that. So I think the Socialists as anybody would be called by the president.
Speaker 2: We'll have to seek compromises.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're looking then it's mathematics, you know, it's down to mathematics, and we're looking at every vote. Who in the central block rejected the government, who in the right rejected the government, and see that maybe the figures may add up to have that majority, that the that we absolutely need. Now.
Speaker 1: We spoke to the vice president of MADIF earlier on the program who said that a socialist government and the current current budget proposal would be a catastrophe. Is a socialist budget plan going to be bad for the French economy?
Speaker 3: Well, I was at the MEDIEV we know to last week and the MEDEV has also it's a tradition in France always been right wing, believed that only the right wing can lead the country. And then we see where the country, the state of the country today and the economy, and in fact, privately, when I speak to them and remind them of Fansolando indeed Frans terms, they agree that in fact, you know, the economy was balanced ASIL alone actually reduced the deficit of France drastically from five percent to but three percent in five years and it didn't run again, and that was that was it.
Speaker 1: But no, the.
Speaker 3: Socialists in power have a tradition of keeping the books really well.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Of course, you know, the big industrial groups and so on do not are not left wing, none of them.
Speaker 2: And of course we'll have the kind of rejection, but.
Speaker 3: Individually they you know, they agree that you know, it could it could work.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The one thing about the socialist program is that there will be a reintroduction of taxes on very high revenues, and of course they're not happy with that because it will just you know, individually.
Speaker 2: And personally touch them.
Speaker 3: So of course everybody's is happy to make the livings as long as others make them.
Speaker 1: I just want to ask you briefly on your foreign affairs brief as well. I mean, does those political instability harm France's possession on the international stage?
Speaker 2: But we can of course, I think the president's image.
Speaker 3: Whiles as you can see, extremely active especially in Europe on the war in Ukraine and trying to you know, keep what France has always done, you know, be good at negotiations and trying to bring peace and defend it. Of course, this is not good for the image. Now, I just hope that the budget and every program is actually defending the defense budget, which is the only one on the increase where audio others, of course, have been asked to make drastic savings, particularly in what mister Bayo, who was presenting with forty four billions savings overall, spare the defense budget