Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up? Man? What's your name?
Speaker 1: My name is Jayden, Jaden.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Jaden?
Speaker 2: Have we ever talked before?
Speaker 1: No, I've I just I just started listening to you, like a couple.
Speaker 2: Of years ago, sweet man, going on with you? What's going on with your life? Uh? A lot, A whole lot.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm just thinking a lot, a lot more than I usually am thinking. Mm hm, and like, uh yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Really weird mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get into it. What do you what are you thinking about more often than you normally think about?
Speaker 1: Well, I I tried to call you the other day last time you streamed because I like, I really wanted to and I felt like it, and so then I I found your number and I downloaded Twitch and then uh, yeah, I'm getting what I want right now. It's kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, well ship Jayden. Aside aside from the logistics of how you arrived here, Uh, what is it you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 1: I do you really want to know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's you know what I don't Jayden, Jayden. I can't do the whole Jaydon, I can't do the whole conversation like this, Jayden, I give you permission to talk to me. Jayden, Jayden, Jayden, I give you, I give you you sound that's okay, it's okay, you're okay, it's okay. I give you full permission to, yes, talk to me about whatever it is you want to talk about. Yes, I do. I do want to know what's going on?
Speaker 3: You want to know?
Speaker 1: Oh God, that feels good. It feels really good. I've been been trying to explain things to people for feels like my whole life. And uh and yeah, I feel like I feel like I kind of I kind of know a way to do it. And yeah, it's it's so scary.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what we'll do, Jaden. I here's here's what I'll Here's here's what I Here's what I promise I will attempt for you. Is you, I probably swear my life. I promise that I will hear you out as you attempt to explain, and I will try my very best to meet you wherever you are, so you try your best. I'll try my best, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: If if you want to learn, you have to get out a piece of paper. I know it sounds kind of weird.
Speaker 2: I can't do a piece of paper, but I'll try to. I'll try my best to listen.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know how we talk to each other, right, and like yeah, like the like there's words inside your head also, and like you're also saying words too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know a lot of people, a lot of people who think fast. It's kind of hard to explain how you're thinking fast, right. I don't know anything, and I know that, but I realized in the past few weeks that I'm just a lot more autistic than I thought I was, and that that's only because I'm actually learning English, and it's it. It makes sense to me, but it doesn't make sense to other people, and that feels kind of weird. M Does that make sense to you?
Speaker 2: Is English not your first language?
Speaker 1: No? English is my first language.
Speaker 2: Okay, So because because you're learning, learning English is making you realize that you are more autistic than you thought you were.
Speaker 1: I feel so much more smart than I felt before I knew this, Okay, And I don't know how to explain the feeling of knowledge, okay, writing it down the way that I just now learned how to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, right now, Jane I want your work with me. I want your work with me here, because we're gonna figure it. I swore, Jane, I swore on my life you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna you're gonna pick up a piece of paper and you're gonna try.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not gonna do a piece of paper. But I I swore on my life that I would attempt to understand you. And so if I don't at least attempt, that means I'm going to explode and die. So but I want that like okay, and so, so bear with my hair. Just simple answers here. Yeah, what do you feel like? You know that you did not know before?
Speaker 1: In one word, it's the word now.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm with you. What do you know about now?
Speaker 1: Then? Word now is spelled.
Speaker 2: N O W.
Speaker 1: And that's how I would spell it old. I'm sorry, my dog guys, come on, look at and then sorry, man, the roommate just got back. Hey, dec what I say I was gonna do? I'm talking to the gecko right now.
Speaker 2: It is Jaden. Stay with me and stay with me. You're explaining the word You're explaining the word now. Okay.
Speaker 1: Do you see the word now in your brain?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? Put a K in front of it. Okay, all right, where did you put that K?
Speaker 2: I put it in the front? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Where is the yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, okay, I see it. I see it. I see it. Okay, all right. I put it on the I put it on the right side of the word. But now I'm putting it in front of the word.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you thought you were right, but you know what front actually means to me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we agree right now, okay, And you see that in your own brain, I do, right, Yes, that's really weird. I know that that. I know that it's really weird that I can explain how you imagine things kind of and I know that that's true. Okay, And it's really weird to explain how I think personally to you because I'm not you, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Jaden, So I'm gonna I'm gonna, I'm gonna steer this conversation now. Okay. So you just did a little thought experiment about how we have different perspectives and I tended to get into your perspective and I did, and we successfully matched each other's perspectives.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, we found out what word? What? What? What? What? Work?
Speaker 2: What Okay, we found out. Ok yeah, yeah, okay, listen. Okay, So, so yeah, that's in the context of this specific thought experiment that you did. How does this apply to everyone, right to things beyond just this thought experiment? How does this apply to your life?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you actually want to know?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, you have to get a piece of paper.
Speaker 2: I I don't need a piece of paper. I didn't need a piece of paper for the first one. I don't need a piece of paper for this.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's true. You're very You're you're you're right. I I feel like the differences between me and you right now are legitimately and figuratively just the way that we write the word are or the way that we were or or and or the way that we write the word K. Because if you take the K and then you take it over the line, it becomes an R. And so if you if you take your no, your knowledge and take it over the line of what you actually know is true, then you are right kind of kind of right.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna share that. I'm gonna say this conversation in your direction.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know how I figured that out?
Speaker 2: How'd you figure that out.
Speaker 1: I thought about what a pyramid was. Yeah, And then I thought about English, and I thought about what a period is. Yeah, and I thought about how I viewed that in my own brain kind of.
Speaker 3: Because I don't.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't think I knew how to spell because I was.
Speaker 2: I thought I was dyslexic.
Speaker 1: But I'm realizing I'm just autistic.
Speaker 2: Okay, does that make sense? It doesn't. I can I answer you? Can I answer you some questions?
Speaker 1: Yea?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: How old are you, Juden?
Speaker 1: I'm nineteen?
Speaker 2: Okay. What where do you live? Don't give me your home address? What state do you live in?
Speaker 1: Uh? South Dakota?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Kind in the middle of LA.
Speaker 2: All right? Are you in college right now?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: What do you do? Do you work?
Speaker 3: I mean I work in a grocery store okay, pretty nice?
Speaker 2: Okay? And you live with your family?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 2: You live by yourself with some roommates?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have. I have one roommate. I used to. I lived with my cousin and then his his girlfriend and their baby, but they moved out a few weeks ago, and then my my my friend moved in, so I got a new roommate.
Speaker 3: Now o. Yeah, I have one roommate.
Speaker 2: All right, so you live with a friend. And how do you know this? Friends?
Speaker 1: We met like last year.
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: You just just showed up in my knife, you know.
Speaker 2: Cool. How are you doing in general.
Speaker 1: Right now? I'm a little hungry, but uh about it, I'm doing good, doing really good.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: What thoughts take up your brain most of the day?
Speaker 3: Whatever?
Speaker 1: Thoughts? I want to take over my brain most of the day.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, you feel you feel like you're you feel like you're that in control of your thoughts kind of.
Speaker 1: I know I'm not in control over my thoughts, but I know how I how I would write down my thoughts.
Speaker 2: And lately, lately, lately, what thoughts in particular have you been wanting to occupy your brain?
Speaker 1: I I wanted to understand English, and so I imagined myself as more than just myself. And then I took what I knew, which is just a few colors, and then what I didn't know, which was the period at the end of the words that I didn't know, and I made a circle out of them, and then I just started writing the started writing letters. M M. But I yeah, I've been having fun.
Speaker 3: It's been good.
Speaker 2: I've been reading you sent me a bunch of texts and I'm reading some of them books.
Speaker 1: I kind of I kind of like frantically texted you yet last time because I was when when I was listening to your stream, the other dude, the dude who was talking to you last was saying how he like kind of figured out language a little bit, and like, well, he was saying that I was like writing stuff down, like kind of figuring out on my own.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when you say, yeah, and in one of these texts, you said you fixed English? So what does that mean? What do you What do you mean by you fixed? What do you mean by you fixed English? What was? And tell? And let's do this in parts? Okay, first of let's do first First of all, First of all, first of all, what was wrong with English? Before you came in?
Speaker 1: I didn't understand it me personally? I didn't understand it my person like myself, I didn't I didn't understand what I was saying to myself. Yeah, but I already knew I already like I already knew how to meditate, but I didn't know how to explain how I knew how to meditate and I really felt crazy because I was I've been like, I've been doing really good in life, and then I'm trying to help people do good, but it's like like I can't I can't explain my own or I felt like I couldn't explain my own thoughts, and so I'm like just sitting here running in circles, like trying to explain to people why they should be good, but then like I didn't even understand it myself.
Speaker 2: Wait, give me a minute, Give me a minute, Jaden, because we're talking about a bunch of different things now, and I want to hone in on this. You are trying to explain to people why they should be good.
Speaker 1: No, I am trying to explain to people why they should be conscientious.
Speaker 2: Conscious, conscious, Okay, And what does it mean to you? And what does it mean to you to be conscientious?
Speaker 1: For me, it means that I understand the thoughts going on inside of my head right now, okay, And that's it. That's all I know.
Speaker 2: So you're trying to explain to people that they should have a better understanding of the thoughts going on inside of their own head.
Speaker 1: I don't want anybody to do anything.
Speaker 3: I never said that.
Speaker 2: I never said that. I never said that. I said, you're trying to explain to people why you believe if they should.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to explain how I feel like I am God. But it's really weird because I don't because I know I'm not God, but I feel pretty close to what I think for twelve people who made English. At the start felt like kind of interesting, interesting, interesting because I've been like I felt like I figured out what I want and then I started saying what I want and me being really autistic, I like, I've been getting people kind of mad because now I'm just saying everything I want and it's like, like, I'm not trying to get anyone mad. I just want what I want.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, slow down for me for just second, dude. Yeah, yeah, because you're bringing up a lot of different things that I want to keep track of them. They're interesting things.
Speaker 1: To get a piece of paper I don't need.
Speaker 2: I don't need a I don't need a piece of paper.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, you wait, hold on. You brought up two things. One thing you brought up is that you believe that you're God, and I can't. I don't believe that do you say, do you just say that you believe your God?
Speaker 1: I said, I believe that I know what's going on in my head right now. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: God, all right? And then you said that you're pissing people off? Why are you? In what way are you pissing people off?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What does it look like when you're doing something that pisses people off?
Speaker 1: So that right now, when I'm telling you to grab a piece of paper, it kind of doesn't feel good because I'm telling you to do something that you don't want to do right now. Sure, right, And the only way I can explain now I'm thinking like that is legitimately, if you grab a piece of paper right now, so I can't. I can't do anything.
Speaker 2: So you are, you're trying so as you maneuver around the universe, you are exerting your will upon the universe.
Speaker 1: I am getting exactly what I want right now, and that's why I'm on the phone with you. And it's kind of scary because I know a lot of other people also get what they want, but then they die, and it's like, I don't want to die.
Speaker 2: Okay, other people get what they want and then they die.
Speaker 3: Most of the time.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that they die right after getting what they want, or they get what they want and then at some point they die.
Speaker 1: I believe that after you feel like you get what you want, then you're okay with dying. And yeah. The only one for me to prove that to people is if someone comes and kills me and then they're like, oh, I just I knew him, so I know that he was okay dying. Yeah, but nobody else would know that I'm okay dying and that they actually knew me.
Speaker 2: Okay, but have you gotten what you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm amazing, I got I got everything. I got everything I.
Speaker 2: Want, Okay, And so you're afraid that because you now have everything you want, you become okay with dying, and then that kind of puts out into the universe that it makes you die.
Speaker 1: Kind of because I mean, I it's the words should and shouldn't, the nt and shouldn't. I don't think it should be that if you don't want to put.
Speaker 2: It there, right, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: And so when I'm talking to people, I don't want to put it there, and I'm learning how to how to tell people what I want from them. In the moment without crossing the line of you know the language.
Speaker 2: What do you want from me right now?
Speaker 1: I just wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, good?
Speaker 1: What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: We're having a fly. We're talking about like five different things at once. I don't think we can add anything else.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean no, I'm just asking you what you want. Do you want to figure out what I'm figuring it out? Or do you want to talk?
Speaker 2: I think both of those. I think figuring out what you are trying to figure out is us talking?
Speaker 1: So right? Kind of right?
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you confused because you think I'm not getting what I want?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. No, I'm not confused at all. Yeah, I'm we're trying to understand. Do you feel like you're constantly asking people for things and that's pissing them off?
Speaker 1: So first I felt that way because I like my last month, I like I figured out that the the words I'm using like exactly how people are seeing me, and.
Speaker 2: So yes, that's true. Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: The balance of the words I'm using and then how I'm using that might of course, and I have never been able to explain that to anybody, because I feel like my brain moves a little bit faster than most people and I don't want that to make anybody else feel like being slower is bad.
Speaker 2: That actually does make sense. Let me give you an example. Let me give you an example of something.
Speaker 1: Can you give me a word? Can you give me a word? And then I'll try and break it down how I think I should break it down.
Speaker 2: I think I can't. I can't give you a word because the way that I'm okay, let me, I think I kind of I'm trying to understand a little bit about what your problem is. And I think I understand a little bit of it, and I'm gonna I'm gonna, well, can I ask you if you can let let me throw something Matt you first and see how you react. Okay, Is that cool with that? Yeah? Okay, all right. So this whole thing of like my brain works faster than other people's and so I kind of know what I want and I say it and it pisses people off. So I've been a round. I think I've been around other people who are like that, and I and I and I understand the problem is is that I think naturally it sounds to me, like the way your brain works and the way and I'm just making I'm just throwing this out there. You tell me if it resonates with you. The way your brain works is like you have a strong sense of self and you're in your brain, and you because and because you're in your brain, because you have a way in which the world like configurates itself and kind of fits together like a puzzle piece, and you just maneuver as if it should fit that way. But you have a you have and and that makes perfect sense to you. Why would it not make perfect sense to you? You're solving the puzzle, of course, but you have a major problem. What's your name again, Jaden, Jadeen? You have a major problem. You have a major, major problem. And this is the problem for you to think about. Here, Okay, are you ready listening? Here's what I think The problem is.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What do you think? My problem is.
Speaker 2: You're operating is if there is one single puzzle to be solved of the universe, that is your brain, and you're solving the puzzle, and so you're like, oh, of course this, and of course that and and and the reason why it's pissing people off is because you don't understand there's more than one puzzle. There's everyone else's puzzle and everyone else's context. And if you're acting in a way that neglects everyone else's context and everyone else's puzzle, and you're just focused on your own puzzle, then your you, Yeah, you kind of pissed people off and you can't really interact with the world. And maybe that is I don't know anything about autism, but maybe that is autism. Doing that is making you have to focus on your own puzzle. But like if you put but like as a smart guy and even as part of your puzzle, you could kind of try to fit in with other people's contexts, you know what. You know what I mean? Can I give you like, let me get like, I'll give you an example. I was with someone on a trip once and I would like, we were going to customs and uh, they they walk in front of me and they give the customs guy their passport and then they say to me, Okay, now you give him your passport. And in my head, I was pissed off because I was like, dude, I know, well, I was pissed off because I was like, dude, I like I know, to give the guy my fucking passport, like I know, And it felt like it was pretentious. It felt like he was telling me what to do. It pissed me off. But I'm but here's the thing, and I'm realizing this talking to you. In his head, he's not thinking about that. He's going, oh, we need to give this guy our passport. Let me give him my passport. Hey, you also need to give him your passport, So let me tell you to give him your passport. And that pisses me off. But of course he's thinking the way that you're thinking, because he's just looking at the world through a very logical point of view, and he's not thinking about the context behind it. You know, he's going A to B and it's fucking frustrating. I understand why it's fucking frustrating is when you're going A to B and someone else is like, hey, that's pissing people off. You go, wait, why is this pissing people off? This makes perfect sense to me.
Speaker 1: Do you do you want me to explain kind of how I'm thinking about it?
Speaker 2: Do you understand does any of what I said to you resonate?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I completely one. No, I don't know you, but I ninety percent agree with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, you I okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to explain my thoughts, but I know how to explain how I personally break apart the words that I see when someone says something to me, or like when I read something. But because I've had like it's just it's yeah, it's kind of weird, it's really weird. I my whole life, I've felt like I've wanted to understand my thoughts to the best of my abilities. And I've always liked drawn. I've always liked to draw. I've always liked to, you know, kind of like I've always like kind of liked to read, Like I like comic books. I kind of you know, I just I just like some stuff. And the only way I figured out what I actually need right now is from the process of like the process of elimination that goes on in my brain with the words that I say in my Does that make sense.
Speaker 2: A little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit kind of Yeah, I know that I can make sense to you right now. But but there's a but. But there's a big B, there's a big butt, right, yeah, So so what the fuck is the beat in English? What word does the letter B actually mean?
Speaker 3: Mm?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I mean I interpret it. I'm interpreting it to the butt meaning like this is like, dude, when I was a kid, When I was a kid, I used to like, I used to try to look for like the dictionary definition of the you know what I mean? You know what I mean? Like to be like, well, how do they how do you define the word.
Speaker 1: The I think I figured that out. Yeah, seriously, I'm not joking.
Speaker 2: Do you figure out? How do you? Okay? All right? How do you define the jayden?
Speaker 1: I can't tell you.
Speaker 2: If you can't tell me, then you If you can't tell me, then you can't fucking do it.
Speaker 1: Then I can't be right. I can't. I can't be right right now, right because I can't tell you it right now right.
Speaker 2: I feel kind of.
Speaker 1: Bad because I can't tell you it right now.
Speaker 2: You don't have to feel this is you have nothing to feel bad for.
Speaker 1: But is that wrong?
Speaker 3: Is that wrong?
Speaker 1: I feel bad right now?
Speaker 3: In your opinion? In your own opinion, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, in my own opinion. Yeah, not like it's not more it's not morally wrong. Yeah, I don't think I don't think. I don't think this is it's not morally wrong. I just don't think the situation currently warrants you feeling bad.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Okay, great, And I totally understand how I wrote the letter B in my brain and how I wrote the letter E and then the letter A. Because if if I understand how I write the letter B and then the letter A at the same time as I understand why I'm writing it that way, then I don't have to think about the words that I'm saying in my brain as much.
Speaker 2: Jaden, before we go, unless if this brings up a whole other thing, I'm gonna I want to I just want to ask you something. And there's no real right answer to this question, but I'm I'm just genuinely curious. Do you desire and it's okay whatever the answer, it's okay. Do you desire to piss people off? Less?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay one percent. I don't want to make people mad, Okay. I want you to understand the words that I'm saying right now. But for that to happen, you have to write something in your brain for me to say something to you, for you to understand it the way I'm saying it.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: It, yes, a little bit. But what I'm little But what I'm trying to get across is that like, Okay, here's the thing is you don't want to and this is the and and by the way, actually this word and I've talked about this before and this goes into what you were A whole thing about conscientiousness is there's a certain level of conscientiousness because you don't want to be too worried about pissing people off. Because if you're like too worried about yeah, because if you're too worried about pissing people off, then you never do anything because as you exist as a person and do stuff, you just naturally pissed people off. And you also you can't really control whether or not you piss people off kind of, but like if you want to piss people off less, like I think you can make active efforts, you know, like I'm hopefully trying to do with you right now, Like when I'm talking to you, I'm like trying to think about like what's going on in your brain and how you're processing this information and whatnot. So like as you go out into the world, you know, if you want to try to piss people off less you can try to think, like, well, what's going on in their brain? How are they processing this information? And let me not use that information as a way of like diluting myself.
Speaker 1: But maybe like I'm a training to you right now? Oh shit, really that's what I'm yeah, right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, this moment?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Do you actually want to understand what I understand right now? And I'm using the word like very kind of loosely and very literally at the same time, do you actually want to know what I know right now?
Speaker 2: I feel intimidated now because you're kind of scared, right, I'm not I don't know what happens after yeah, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: You're kind of scared kind yes, right, okay, yeah, okay. Do you want me to explain how I break apart? The word kind of a little bit in my own brain. Do you want me to explain how I break it apart?
Speaker 2: I'll hear it, and then it might it might be the last part of this conversation, but yes, let's hear it, all right.
Speaker 1: I really really really want to be kind in my life, for like my whole life. I know for a fact that I don't know how long my life is going to be. Yes, but if I tell you what I know is a fact, then that's a gift I can give to you.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, that feels good, right, Yeah, I agree the way I said it. Yeah, it does, do you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I've been trying to figure out how to actually talk nice for like my whole life, because I've felt like a kind person my whole life, and I've been trying to figure out how to like help other people be kind people. And right now I feel like I actually can help most people be kind people.
Speaker 2: In the sense that, yeah.
Speaker 1: In the sense that they can understand their thoughts the same way that I feel like I can understand my thoughts.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, you have no idea how long your life is going to be. So in what ways on your day to day life can you help other people be kinder people? And I mean by here's like, by just talking to folks in a way you help them understand their thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I do.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know what I did? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What'd you do?
Speaker 1: I felt like, all right, let me let me give you some some backstory.
Speaker 3: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: I I have this girlfriend and we've been together for like five almost six months, and yeah it's gone. I mean, yeah, we're we're doing good right now. But we decided to Like she I just I wanted to help her get what she wants out of life. And I've never felt like I can explain that, but I've already I've always known that I wanted to help people with my life. What do you do?
Speaker 2: You know what your girlfriend wants out of life?
Speaker 1: No, and I don't know that. And I know that I can't know that, and so that's why I learned the word trust in my own way.
Speaker 2: Wait, Jaden, you're making a bunch of statements here that I wait, hold on.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, yeah, Orry, I.
Speaker 2: Just let let me slow down for a say why first, why can't you know that?
Speaker 1: Because I'm not God?
Speaker 2: Right? Okay? Are you saying that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, oh fuck, Jaane? You actually make Wait, Jaanen, you're making perfect You're making perfect sense because you can the reason you because you because the word trust, right, Okay, because you can only you can All you can really do, Jayden, All you can really do is you can trust that whatever she's telling you is what she wants out of life, is what she wants, so all you can really do is trust the information she's giving you, but you can't actually know because you are not God and cannot exist in her brain. M hm did I figure it out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You figured it out. You figured it out exactly.
Speaker 2: You're like a riddle, Jayden, You're like a fucking riddle.
Speaker 1: Do you like riddles? Uh?
Speaker 2: What were you saying?
Speaker 1: What the fuck was I saying?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What the fuck was I think I lost track?
Speaker 2: You were talking? Okay, you were talking about your girlfriend. You can help You want to help her get uh?
Speaker 1: Uh you want to help her? Yeah, okay, I I want her to get exactly what she wants out of life, out of her life. Yes, And I I felt like I never could actually write that down, But right now, I I like, like, I'm I'm talking to you, and it it feels really nice to talk to you, and it feels good to just fucking paste around my house. Like I don't know, I've never I've never felt so crazy and so saying at the same exact time. And the way I feel like that is because I underlined the word crazy and then I wrote the words saying underneath it, and I took the you know, that's I took the equals sign and that's me.
Speaker 2: How did you meet your girlfriend?
Speaker 1: We so I've known her for like three years, but she used to like, we weren't together when I met her, but yeah, like five months ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would assume you weren't together when you guys met.
Speaker 1: Sorry, go ahead, Well, no, she like she dated she dated my friend for like a few like it was like a few weeks or whatever or no, no, it was it was like a couple of months. But I, uh, yeah, I just like I just wanted her to get what she wants out of life, and I always wanted what I want out of life. And I feel like I can help most people explain what they want out of life if I teach them how to write it down.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: But the fact that I know that I can help most people if I teach them how to write it down feels pretty wrong because I don't want to be right, Like, I don't want to write things down correctly.
Speaker 3: I just want to help talk to people.
Speaker 2: Jayden, Yeah, I think I I you know, I've enjoyed I've enjoyed talking to you. I'm gonna I'm gonna be super honest with you. It's been challenging to figure you out and to get information from you. And I think you know, and I think, no, no, no, you have nothing to be apologized for. I think you, I think you know. I think you're a smart guy. So I think you know that it's challenging to get information for you. I've enjoyed the challenge. You like getting this it, well, I it's difficult, but I've enjoyed the challenge of it. I've enjoyed the challenge of I said at the beginning of this call that I swore on my life I would attempt to under stand the things that you were saying to me. And I've enjoyed the challenge of doing it.
Speaker 1: And I hope you don't understand that.
Speaker 2: I well, well, well, jaden, listen. I can't. I can't understand everything you're saying because I'm not God.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: But I can attempt, and I feel like I did attempt, and I feel like you attempt it. I feel like you've tried the best, and I appreciate I appreciate you sitting here with me, and I feel like you attempted as best you could to explain it and I'm aware that ninety I'm aware that almost one hundred percent of the people listening are gonna have no idea what either of us were talking about the entire time. And I'm okay with that. I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, that's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm not worried either. It's all right. This is was good.
Speaker 3: That is very good.
Speaker 2: Jane, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: What is a computer if not what you are computing, which means complying and playing?
Speaker 2: I think, Thank you, Jane. I don't have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 1: I love you, mane, I have a good one.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jane, I love you too. Back all right, Well, that was you know what, I fully one hundred percent stand by that. Let me know when the comments of the YouTube or the Spotify or whatever, how I really want to I mean, I guess that's what comments are for, is for commenting on the thing, But I really want to know how people felt about that. Did you make it through? Did you listen to the whole forty minute of us, forty minutes of us talking. Did you get five minutes in and you were like, I don't know if I can understand that I liked being in that I did that felt like I was playing pong or something. I enjoyed the challenge of that. I live in New York and like, I don't think that this previous caller was schizophrenic, but schizophrenic people come up to me a lot and we talk, and I've learned a lot. I think, like some like I think beneath the beneath like a jumble of like a random people saying seemingly random stuff. There's a kernel of something in there, and I think you can get to that kernel if you like, you know, keep it on track. Because Jayden was trying to explain something. I'm not fully sure I got all of it, but I got some of it. I got more of it than I would have if I didn't try, and and I'm happy about that. Okay, let me know in the comments if you got if you've got anything. I'm curious of other people's interpretations. And he fucked my shit up up by telling me about putting the K in front of the now because I put it in I put it at the on the right hand side. I didn't put it in front. I'm walking through life completely unaware of my own perspective and how it makes me put k's in different places. All right, Hello, Deck?
Speaker 3: Is this you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 3: This is Ti?
Speaker 1: Ti?
Speaker 2: What's up? Tight? Time?
Speaker 3: Nothing much? Dude, calling because I have a quandary for you today.
Speaker 2: Quonned me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, So just a little bit of backstory. I recently moved to a major West Coast city to pursue art music, start a whole new life type thing. And I've been here about a month and a half and a lot of good things have been happening, and the one thing that's really been holding me back is, for the fucking life of me, I cannot get a job. I've probably have applied over two hundred places, like places I'm overqualified to be working at, and I've gotten five job interviews, four of which I really really wanted and would have like suited my needs financially, and finally landed one today. But I'd be working swingshift, so from like anywhere from like two thirty to twelve thirty, depending on the day, which essentially would kill any hopes of me like going out and doing the art stuff. So I'd had to for me the fuck up, which is killing my soul to think about, because I really came out here with a purpose and I'm just not sure if I'm able to live in that because either way that I decide to go, it's gonna take an immense amount of sacrifice. And I feel like I'm going to rock in a hard play the Battle of Brain and Heart. And I figured, well, I told myself today that I would ask a few of my friends what they would do. We're not really friends, but I've been following you since like early early early days, and I've actually even seen you live and stuff. Oh I think i've even called in like five plus years ago. I can't remember exactly what we were talking about, but I said something about my mommy kisses, my boo boos. I don't remember the context, but yeah, So you're somebody who I definitely respect artistically as someone that fucking tried it, man, and for better or worse. I mean, I don't know your whole life, but it seems like you found some success and some self worth in it, and I think as artists, that's what we're all really striving for.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate those kind words. I have multiple questions Okay, wait, what's a swing shift.
Speaker 3: That's like basically the second shift of the day. So like when most people working nine to five or you know, up until three pm, that would be like the relief shift. So I'd be working from three in the afternoon to some days past midnight.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many days a week?
Speaker 3: You five? My days off would be Fridays and Saturdays. But this is going to be a very demanding job, like they've already like alluded to me, like picking up shifts for other people. So another kind of thing about it is where I moved in this city, traffic is a really big problem. And while this place is fifteen sixteen miles away from my house, through traffic, it's like an hour and ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, so you've got to add two whole hours onto your lighte onto this thing.
Speaker 3: Everye day yep. And then I get home at like one two am, fall asleep, probably wake up at ten am, take a shower, and do all that shit again. Now, I will say, though, the money is good, and with over time it makes it even better.
Speaker 2: How good.
Speaker 3: Fixes all my financial problems?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 3: A single mail with no kids. Pretty good, so I don't have any real responsibilities to anybody about myself right now, swag, it is kind of okay.
Speaker 2: I have more, I have more, I have more questions.
Speaker 3: I have more questions, I have more answers.
Speaker 2: Uh you what what arts did you move out here to do?
Speaker 3: Primarily music? But I've taken a lot of interest in film and screenwriting. I consider myself like a songwriter, but I make a lot of hip hop style music.
Speaker 2: Okay, so music and film. Yeah, And this is and this play and this major West coast city that you moved to. Where did you move there from.
Speaker 3: Another major northern California city?
Speaker 2: Okay? And this major West coast I'm trying not to out myself. This major West coast city wouldn't happen to be Los Angeles? Would it?
Speaker 3: If it was, it would make a difference. It's a big place where a lot of famous people will come. I'll say that.
Speaker 4: You can just say if you're not gonna okay, all right, I moved from the Bay to l A. There it is, okay, Jesus, it doesn't hold on, hold on, hold on, it doesn't have this does not have to be.
Speaker 2: You're not the only way there's there's nobody's gonna.
Speaker 3: Find I'll tell you. I'll tell you why, because I do have like friends and close people that do listen to your show that I don't fill one hundred percent comfortable sharing all my personal issues with.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now you, on the other hand, I'm.
Speaker 2: A complete stranger. I'm a complete stranger with thousands of other complete strangers who are happy to Okay, So you moved the Bay. So you moved from SF to So you moved from a very okay Sacramento. Okay, it's a different story.
Speaker 3: Hmm. What's I lived? I lived a lot and did a lot of music things in Oakland, San Francisco, Sacramentos where I lived, but a lot of my connections are based in northern California. Okay, and you moved, so I'm starting all over again.
Speaker 2: Okay, Here's what I understand. Here's what I want to talk about, is why did you? Okay, the idea that you need to be in a certain location for a certain kind of career in the arts is not I don't. I believe. I'm strongly, strongly against it.
Speaker 3: I could agree with that. Actually, so my ultimate goal isn't to be locked down the one place.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, so why did you intentionally move to a place where the cost of living? Why did you intend if you have all these financial problems, why did you intentionally move to a place that will be an even harder strain on your finances?
Speaker 3: Well, to be honest, I actually looked up and where I'm at right now, I'm paying significantly less per month than I was up in Sacramento, and so it's not like I have a bunch of issues. And to be even more honest, my bills are paid, which is another factor of this, Like for the next two to three months, my bills are paid, but there's no income, you know, which is kind of like why, I'm like, fuck, do I need to just I don't know. I feel like I'm just getting momentum right now, you know, getting my feet planted in like the actual art scene, and again, got some cool opportunities, and it just be so weird to be like so in people's face and start having this momentum and then all of a sudden, I'm just gone, you know, not just to other people, but to me as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're having you're actually getting good opportunities in Los Angeles because you're in Los Angeles because I don't know. I might be eating my words, but I don't.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I mean it's hit or miss. You know. I came down here with a bit of a plan and the rest have just been winging it and getting really lucky. And yeah, it's been good. I've been meeting really talented people and like minded individuals and you know, my healthy share of fucking weirdos that you know, aren't about what they're talking about. But it's a good balance right now, and it's something that I feel like I could work with. But there's still like that one factor kind of missing. You know, at the end of the day, we all got to eat.
Speaker 2: And so obviously this is a very demanding job and.
Speaker 3: It is like fifty sixty hours a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think crazy, And it would it be taking away from time that like, like I assume you want to be like outperforming doing events and shit, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which entertainment now hours are pretty much or to midnight, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, well let me say this. Let me ask you this. The people that you're meeting in this scene, what do they do? Where do they work?
Speaker 3: A lot of them, A lot of folks out here have multiple jobs, you know, they bounce around, they have or they have their own side hustles. And yeah, a lot of like multiple job ask people out here, because I mean that's kind of what it takes if you're not going to get a normy job. M hm.
Speaker 2: So wait, this job that you've got, is it a normy it's a normal job, right.
Speaker 3: It's for a major corporate company that I'm definitely not going to name having to do with specimen collection. I'll just say it like that.
Speaker 2: You work for a Come company.
Speaker 3: Among other specimens. I think Come is one of the things I might have to pick up now with my end. Luckily I don't work for them, Yeah I should. Yeah, Yeah, let's call it Come Corp for sake of continuity.
Speaker 2: So you have not yet accepted the job at Comcorp.
Speaker 3: No, I just got the offer this morning, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And it's very good money. And you've applied to a billion other places and none of them accepted. And you've been how long have you been in how long have you been in Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: For about a month and a half.
Speaker 2: Okay, And it's been good to you so far, so far, so good. Well, and you know, I I have a lot of thoughts about this because I don't know how. I mean, I know that the job search, I know, like the the job market sucks shit everywhere, but I'm also like, you know, I don't know if it sucks more shit in Los Angeles because it's Los Angeles. I mean, look, you got the go ahead and work the job for a little bit, right, especially if it's good money and you can kind of stack a little bit, right. But I'll here's what I'll say that. Here's here's my thoughts is if you work this job for like you know, one, two, three, four or five, six months or whatever, and you're stacking good bread, but you're also like, oh fuck, I came out here to like do this music stuff and I'm just like, no, I just can't do it with this job. Then I think you go, like, all right, where what about like uh, Seattle or Baltimore or Austin or Portland or fucking anyway any other you could because he's the thing. Man, It's like the whole dream of like I went with my guitar to a Los Angeles, it's just not there anymore because everything's like yeah, because everything's on the internet, right, So yeah, you could so like go to a go to it. You can go to any major city in the US or abroad and they'll have like a music scene of some kind. Like it didn't have to be Los Angeles. So if if this is the only, if the only jobs you can find at Los Angeles are you know, seventy hours a week at come Corp, then you know, stack your come. But then I open your options up. That's what it won't be my come.
Speaker 3: I'm stacking. But I kept your meeting.
Speaker 2: What'd your what did your friends say?
Speaker 3: I spoke to a I have an older friend that like, in a lot of ways we have crossover. He's like twenty years older than me. But back in the nineties, he had a really good opportunity and all he had to do was move to LA and he didn't take it. And he's still really really good at what he does, you know, but I know that, like sometimes he might wonder what his life would have looked like had he made it, you know, different decisions.
Speaker 2: What was the opportunity that he didn't take in Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: He had he was inside of a hip hop group that had a little bit of traction in the nineties, and he was offered a development deal with a group of people, you know, his group, and I guess he was like the odd man out and he stayed in northern California and they went on and found varying levels of success. But like that was they're kind of like, I don't know that that thing that we're all waiting for, the person that's going to pluck you out of obscurity. He had that opportunity and he didn't take it. And I'm not saying I have that opportunity, but I just I also been feeling like this incredible pressure of something's about to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, you do have that opportunity, but that but that opportunity is going to be a computer algorithm more than it is like a person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe you're right.
Speaker 2: It's just the way that shit works.
Speaker 3: Now everybody's been calling it the La handshakes, just changing instagrams.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, but that's all like kind of bullshit. I mean that's good. That stuff is good for, Like yeah, I mean that's all bullshit. That stuff is good for like you want to have friends and you want to be around other people or else to go insane, but it's not gonna like do anything for your career. Yeah, I've learned. I've learned I have learned over the course of navigating whatever career I've had doing this. Actually, actually that's not It's not entirely true. I have I have a few key like business relationships that are like insanely helpful for me. Most of the rest of them are like, you know, uh, not that import I only there's like there's like a few people like business wise that have been really helpful, but most of that most of the time, you know, what I've learned is that, like I think I used to think that like it like some some like manager or something that comes and that gives you success. But your continued success in any kind of creative industry is going to come as a result of the things that you're making, not people. You know, So I think people like no, like, knowing certain people and having certain folks in your corner can be super helpful for like elevating you and doing other things. But at the end of the day, it's like you gotta make. It's about the stuff you're making. So yeah, and you can make stuff from anywhere on the planet, you know. I mean, I started doing this for in I thought about this a lot because I started doing this in the suburbs of Baltimore. You know, I didn't start doing this in Los Angeles or New York. You know. I'm I and Eve and even the people that I met that like when I like those business relationships I was talking about, those are people I met online. Oh there's people I met on the internet too, you know, so like they're not people I met at Like I have friends that I've met at like things I do in person, But in terms of like any kind of like people that have helped me out with with building a career, they've all been I can't think of a single person like that that I had that I met in person. I met all those people again in my mom's basement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and me too. I definitely have had like lasting friendships and business relationships even to this day. Part of the reason I came down here is like some of my bid my strongest relationships are down here, and so to some extent I wanted more proximity with them. But one thing that is worth mentioning is that my music and the art that I express has a a really big performance artist aspect to it, and strangely, I've gotten a lot of like a lot of opportunities just from people liking me on stage. You know, I'm not sitting here saying that I got this, you know, the hardest bars and like the best mixing and all these things. But you know I kind of have without tooting my own horm, I kind of win people over and yeah, yeah, I've gotten some really big opportunities just by showing up, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, but there's but there again, you know, there's stages all over the place. You know, you can get there's stages in all all the other cities that I mentioned. You know, there's really good. Yeah, I'm gonna give a shout I'm going to give a shout out. I'm going to give a shout out to someone i've never I've never met her, but I think we follow each other on the internet. There's this comedian she I think she's Japanese or she lives in Japan. Her name is Yuri A. Collins, and I follow her on Instagram and her career is really interesting because I think she like, she lives in Tokyo, where there's not a shout out. The Tokyo Comedy Bar. Uh, they're great, but they're the only game in town. You know, people don't move to Tokyo to to become big comedy stars. But you know, this woman, Yuria, she like started building an online presence through may I think mainly through you know, clips and whatnot that she put out by performing at this one place in fucking Tokyo. And I've and it's been cool to see her on social media, like building a career living in a place that wasn't meant to be like the big you know, it's not living in a place where people don't go to start their careers. And you know, as someone who again started a career in a place that's not a big major city.
Speaker 3: That's working remote, that's very impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. I mean it's well, but she's performing and I'm and I'm bringing her up and I bring this stuff up to bring up that you know, you can also have a performance based career that doesn't have to necessarily be in a New York or LA or or in Nashville or whatever the fuck. But anyway, and I don't And it's like it feels glaringly obvious to me, But I don't think it's caught on to a lot of people yet, who are trying to do stuff. What's your name again, Tyler? Tyler? Tyler, Tyler, Tyler, Tyler Will Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 3: Mom about it?
Speaker 2: Tyler forever? All right, brother, have a good day. Yeah that was Tyler. I hope people are enjoying these conversations about career and life and stuff. That is a tough thing because like, yeah, there's some jobs that are just fucking all encompassing, you know. And then it's like I used to back when I went out to open MIC's in Philadelphia and stuff. I used to meet people and I used to be like, uh, how are you alive? The New York and LA are the capital of be of Like you go to some like artsy thing or someplace, and you're like, how are you alive? How do you afford to eat food and live and stuff? But I guess they figure it out. I don't know. Hello, Hi, Hi, what's your name? I'm Deja Desia. What's going on, Desia?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, just on a walk right now, hanging out. I texted you was walking my dog earlier, but now it's just me anyway. I don't know, I uh I just lost my job, and so that's always fun. I'm kind of in a weird spot right now where I don't know, I feel like, uh, I've had a lot of like stability that I've never felt before the last like five years, and now suddenly it all kind of feels like I'm on the cusp of like things changing completely for me, and I don't know what direction or how it's going to go. But it's just, uh, I don't know, in a weird limbo right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you texted me, and you said that things are about to change forever and you're or that they're about to change drastically and you're spooked about it. Is that primarily the driven by the job loss, or is there like other stuff happening?
Speaker 5: Other stuff? For sure, I've been like working on building a business for the last year or so with my cousin for I do interior design. And then also I think the scariest part is I'm pretty sure my like long term partner and I are gonna split up soon. So it's just kind of a lot of things at once, you.
Speaker 2: Know, mm hmmm. How are things going with the business that you've been building, well.
Speaker 5: I'm in school still, and then I was also working. So it's just mostly been like, you know, whenever I have free time, meeting up doing a lot of back end stuff. But I do have my first paying client, which I'm very excited about. It is like a friend of mine, but it's still something. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: What was the impetus of the job loss?
Speaker 5: So I was a I was a server and a manager at a restaurant and the restaurant was open for thirteen years, and then I was there for almost five and they gave us four days notice to tell us that they were closing the restaurant. So we all kind of got laid off out of nowhere, which was pretty shitty.
Speaker 2: What's going on with your partner?
Speaker 5: See, that's the big one.
Speaker 2: That's the big one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's all big, but it's just, you know, that is something I've been I don't know, a little avoidant of because I don't exactly have the financial freedom. We live together, so it's not like I'm in like a shitty abusive relationship or anything, which I'm thankful for, but it's just kind of I don't know. We've been together three and a half years. We moved in together after knowing each other for like a couple months, and it was just like a relationship, like just never experienced anything like that before. And I don't know, I think we're just you know, the classic growing apart just kind of feels like, I don't know, I feel like I have a like this reoccurring lesson in my life that I keep having to learn over and over again, and every time I learn it, I think I'm good, and then something else comes to like push that line back a little. So that makes sense.
Speaker 2: That makes a lot of sense. Yeah, I'm familiar with the reoccurring lesson that one thinks they have learned the Nah, they actually haven't. They they one and they meaning me and I. So what's the lesson that you feel like you keep learning.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it boils down to boundaries. But I think that I don't know. I had a let's say, a difficult childhood. My parents were young, shouldn't have had kids, had a lot of kids, had a lot of drugs. So I think that a lesson that I had to learn when I was like no, no, no, eighteen nineteen was I guess what unconditional love means to me? And you know, knowing how learning how to like love someone from afar if they're not, if having them close to you isn't you know, beneficial or even neutral, So if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like this guy was kind of mmm pushing your boundaries in some sense or like there was a sense of like, oh, I still love this person, but I have I gotta do it from afar.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, so I think that. I don't know, I think, like I said, like, the first time I learned this lesson, it was like dramatic, very clear lines, like you can't have your homeless dad sleeping in your front yard. You got it, fucking you know, set some boundaries here and then so on and so forth, and just little shit like that. And it feels like every time I'm like, Okay, I'm good, I'm in a healthy relationship, things have gone well. I've been very happy the last few years. But now it's like obviously less dramatic things that I'm learning, Okay, well this needs to be a boundary too. So it's just weird going from like such a dramatic version of that and like feeling freed from that, Like I don't know, from the feeling of I don't know, do you. I don't know do you learn trying to say uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the first time you learn a lesson, it's very in your face and you're very yeah, it's very like obvious the first time you learn the lesson, like yeah, you know, you can't let your dad sleep in a tent on your lawn. And then when you learn the lesson again, it kind of like a frog and boiling water and it's a little bit trickier and you're like, oh shit, I didn't even realize that I was, you know, I thought that when I thought when I learned, I thought that learning a lesson means that my brain and body naturally chart waters in a different way. I didn't realize it meant I have to actually do different thing. I have to actively make different decisions. That fucking sucks. That's annoying. I thought. I thought it was like an I thought I'm like a Pokemon learning a new move or something like that. I didn't realize I have to. I don't want to have to do any fucking work. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a Yeah, life's annoying like that. Yeah, lessons are annoying like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and not not even really in the sense that like you know that I I've I have done a lot of work. I'm not saying you were saying I wasn't, but so it's like even more annoying to like put in a ton of like like I dropped out of school for a few years so that I could like focus.
Speaker 2: On like.
Speaker 5: Getting my shit together, and so like earlier when I was saying, like, this is like the first time I've kind of had stability, because I, like I've worked really hard to get that sus stability, and you know, I've got like my own place, my own job, got dog cat, lovely little life, and now suddenly I'm in this place of comfort and it's not so comfortable anymore. So it's just like even even more frustrating to like put in all that work to get to a spot where, like I thought I wanted to be m h and it's not not working out in the way that I had hoped.
Speaker 2: So, I I guess, if we're learning this lesson again, what does it what does it look like? Like? Like so the I mean the place of stability that you've been in for the past five years, Like, did you have any qualms about it?
Speaker 5: I don't know I'm no. I mean, I'm I'm like overall pretty positive person. I try not to, you know, I don't know. No, I mean, it's not no short answer no.
Speaker 2: Okay. So you liked your you liked your life, and it was kind of so you liked your life as it was, and then things happened to rock the boat.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, so okay, I see what you're saying. Yeah. I think, like, particularly with the relationship, it's not like there's been like a dramatic change or anything that's like different. It's just kind of, you know, I don't know if you've been in like a I wouldn't even I don't know if i'd called three years long term, but some.
Speaker 2: People call three years long term.
Speaker 5: Okay, But in like a longer term relationship, there's your issues, You start to bickery, you start to argue, and then it's your job to figure out how to not do that if you want to, you know, be happy. So I think it's just a lot of little things and sort of slowly realizing that like the person I'm with, even though I like I love them with my whole being, it's just not supporting me in the ways that I like, see myself needing support if we were to continue on for however many years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't want to be all toxic positivity on you. I don't because it sounds like this all like happening kind of immediately. But I think the good news and I really can only speak from like my own personal life experiences that like in times in which like there's been transitional periods and things have been uncertain and foundations have been rocked. Uh, it's made. It's why it sucks, it's it's really Yeah, it's really bad. But at least in my life, I've always I've always found my way to get back to something, and so I feel pretty confident that it's possible that when the foundations are rocked, that there's something on the other side of it. So I think there's something on the other side of it. It's basically what I'm trying to say, not to be all toxic positivity about it. You know, there's a grief to be grieved, but you know it's cool. I mean, there'll be a new there's new people, there's new places, there's new things to set up shop. Last I was freaking out last night. I was thinking about uh, just I get anxious, and I always think about ways in which the foundations of my life could be rocked, and then I think about ways in which I could fix them. And then the day go by and at some point I die. But until then, it's like, all right, We'll be in whatever I am until I'm not in it anymore, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is helpful in any way shape or form. Sounds like kind of nonsense.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, no, absolutely, I'm definitely. I don't know. I try to, you know, focus on my foundations that are uh, I don't know. I think the people in my life. I try to view more as like the foundations of my life rather than like, you know, where I live, what job I have. Yeah, of course, I think like my family and my friends are just like the most important and I, you know, I still get those guys. So I'm not like, I'm not freaking out necessarily. I just kind of know that this change is coming, and I know it is going to probably suck for a little bit. But I I'm confident that, you know, I'm capable. I've you know, dug myself out of worseholes, So I'm not I'm not worried about thinks that people should be worried about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well take that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, and by the way, you earned you earned that, just so you know, you earned that ship, you know, yeah, you are. You earned. The reason why, the reason why you're not worried about things that people should be worried about is because you earned through your own actions and decisions throughout your life. You built yourself into the kind of person that doesn't need to worry about those things because you got it. So you whatever confidence you have for the future, it's uh, it's don't trick yourself into believing it's foolish. You know, it's something you earned, or else you wouldn't have it. Yeah, that's my that's my therapy, geckoing of that. What's your name again, Deja Desia? Is there any other way in which I can be helpful to this conversation? You know?
Speaker 5: Not that not that I'm aware of. I know everyone says this when they get on, but I'm a big fan. Been listening for a while.
Speaker 2: Thank you in Phoenix.
Speaker 5: So this is oh talk to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? Did you were you at the one where the guy hit someone with his car?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Like actually or told a story about it.
Speaker 2: Well, he told the story. He's told a story about it. He didn't do it out in the parking lot or anything like that.
Speaker 5: I don't truly don't really remember. I was the most recent one you were here for. I think there's like a girl tired about her stepdad or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that sounds like it sounds good.
Speaker 5: But I had a great time. Went with my brother.
Speaker 2: It was fuck yeah, fuck yah. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, I've thought about this. Actually, yeah, this might be annoying. You don't have to do this, but I just want you to know that that I think that you would do a really good Jerry Seinfeld impression.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 5: Fuck, you don't have to do it, but I why do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Why do you?
Speaker 2: Why do you? Why do you think I would do a really good Jerry Seinfeld impression?
Speaker 5: I don't know something about like when you're in the moment, you get a little your voice raises in octave, and I think that if you worked on it, you could do a really good one.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'll okay, I'll think about that. I'll think, yeah, yeah, thank you for letting me, Thank you for giving me the com finance to know that I could potentially do something, even if that thing is Jerry Seinfeld.
Speaker 5: Anytime.
Speaker 2: Have a good Endigen, all right, you two. No, I don't think I'm gonna do it. I don't think i'm gonna try. No, I don't think i'm gonna try. I don't have a thing. So what does he say? What's like one of his jokes? Does anyone know one of his jokes? Maybe if I knew one of his No, I don't know. I don't think I'm gonna do it. George, all right, No, okay, let's end. We're gonna end the podcast. Hello, folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to By becoming a premium member of Therapy Gecko over at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes, They get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, They get recordings from my live shows members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode.
Speaker 6: We went and looked at engagement rings, and then we go to my mom's house and I mentioned that I'm looking for engagement rings with her and we're talking about rings, and then my mom was like, Oh, that reminds me, and then she think that she continues to like go on this probably a twenty and int of tangent about now my ex just got married and she's been like stocking my ex on Facebook and whatnot, still keeping up with her. And I hadn't been with her for like three or four years, and she was telling me all about her wedding, all about their pictures and what their venue looked like, and didn't even like bother to ask us, like anything about our experience.
Speaker 2: That's fucking crazy.
Speaker 6: Good wild, It's fucking wild.
Speaker 2: She taught you told you that's fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: You you revealed that you're getting married, and then your mom was like, oh, that reminds me. I was stalking your ex on Facebook about her wedding. That's fucking crazy. If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a premium member at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com, or find the link in the episode description. That's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say, goes on the line.
Speaker 3: Taking every nine. Goes to teaching you in the interview line, but he's not really an expert.