Speaker 1: Guys, we've done it again. We put out the call to our listeners and we asked them to send us voice memos questions that they have for you guys as hosts now that you have finished season six, and I will tell you we are hundreds of responses. Again. Really, they are the questions you would think this deep into the game would slow up, and in real life it's the exact same amount we've been getting old questions.
Speaker 2: Are any of them inappropriate?
Speaker 1: I found one to be inappropriate this time. Really it was the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was it like inappropriate about one of us?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I thought it was inappropriate. I mean I don't want to give that guy.
Speaker 2: His What did they What did they say about? That's your wife?
Speaker 1: That's what it was. Yeah, I mean it was just like a weird. But we did find appropriate ones and I'm excited to pass them along to you. Guys. You've been on tour for a while a lot of people had questions about those shows. This first person, Olivia from Parts Unknown, That's what her question involves.
Speaker 4: Hi, everyone, my name is Olivia and I was actually a costume contest winner at one of your live shows. I will not say which show it was. Because I genuinely would like to know what your most memorable moment from past live shows have been on your tour most memorable?
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, hard to beat the proposal. I mean, well, hold on.
Speaker 5: That's on stage, like doing Boy Meets World.
Speaker 6: The memories from the live shows are never the most memorable.
Speaker 5: Are not the things that happen on stage.
Speaker 6: They are always the things that happen on our way to the shows, on our way back to the show, in the backstage rider with the stinky broccoli.
Speaker 7: Wait, why is it just because I opened it? It's not like I brought but I just opened the thing.
Speaker 5: You're so offended writer broccoli?
Speaker 7: Okay, hold on, I have not been able to eat broccoli since I have Literally this is ruined broccoli for me for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: I'm It's like there's people upstairs going, what is that smell?
Speaker 2: So that was in.
Speaker 6: Aostin for anybody who doesn't know, we have something called a writer. Interesting that it's called Any bands that go on tour, or comedy acts or whoever, when you go on tour, the venues ask you, is there anything we can have here for you to help make your stay more comfortable and our writer consists of sparkling flavor, water, water, coffee, chocolate, peanut butter cups, a fruit platter, of vegetable platter, and gummy bears.
Speaker 2: That's it and bears.
Speaker 5: That's the full extent of our writer.
Speaker 8: We need a better writer, better stuff. And you'll put Rolex down this time exactly.
Speaker 6: So we we always eat fruit and veggies before we go out because we don't eat dinner before the show. We don't like to have a full stomach. We don't eat end up eating dinner until about nine thirty or show or so when the show is over. So we always just snack on some fruits and veggies. And at this one show, where was it?
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember Austin?
Speaker 2: Are you sure it was Austin?
Speaker 5: Was our first Austin show in Texas?
Speaker 7: It was one of the Yeah, because we did two Austin shows. Yeah, pretty sure, our first show, Yeah it was. It was in Texas last January.
Speaker 5: So we writer goes to open in the broccoli.
Speaker 6: It's the room we're sitting in is very narrow and long, not very big.
Speaker 5: Writer opens the broccoli and.
Speaker 6: Goes, oh God, this smells awful, and Will and I are like oh. We like look at him like shocked, like wow, okay, We're sitting a little farther away from him, and then all of a sudden, it is like.
Speaker 5: A wave of just the worst smell.
Speaker 6: It's like like an outhouse that's never been cleaned.
Speaker 2: Ye, and we're away.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's so gross. I'm gonna gag. This is awful.
Speaker 7: Our tour manager comes walking in the room just goes, oh my god, what what is that?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 5: People from upstairs go, uh, what's going on down there? They came down. We were like, it's the broccoli. But also then he spilled it.
Speaker 6: The worst part was that it like got knocked off the off the counter and broccoli went everywhere, and it was like, oh god, now we have to clean up.
Speaker 2: We put in the garbage can. It didn't go away. It was like you put it in my garbage can and then it was just still waft and we had.
Speaker 6: To close up the garbage bag, put that in another garbage bag, and actually take the garbage out.
Speaker 5: Uh, And we laughed. You won't be surprised to hear this. We laughed so hard we all had tears. It was so that.
Speaker 6: That's one of my first several reasons Bench and the comedy anyone else have another.
Speaker 7: So many you're right, backstage moments are equivalent to me as the on stage moments.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean like they've been several times where we've gone out and for our opening and the audience is just so crazy loud and on their feet, and I look at Danielle and.
Speaker 2: She's immediately crying. Yeah, and our theme song for the.
Speaker 7: Podcast is playing, and I like feel like I'm gonna start crying, and it's just so fulfilling. It's like this is madness, like that when we're doing this, that this thing that you know, feels often like it's just kind of the three of us and Jensen and Tara and East, like it's just our small crew thing. When it becomes real that there are this many people listening and caring about the things we say and engaging with us, it's just like it hits you like.
Speaker 2: A human wall of love. It's just insane, like amazing.
Speaker 6: You're right, Like when we went and we did the San Francisco show and when our podcast music started playing and we all walked out, they gave us a standing ovation at the beginning for the show even sucked, we might not have earned that standing ovation at all.
Speaker 5: Exactly right.
Speaker 2: I have two.
Speaker 3: Okay, the guy who got up on stage in Philly and admitted that he was a New York Yankees fan, and the whole crowd just turned you're right, and it was just people just drunkenly, right, because we had like three thousand people at that show.
Speaker 2: Literally that was a great show in Philly.
Speaker 3: And then the other one is the person throwing up in the audience in Boston. In Boston, like before the show started, we heard just like this sound people scattering, and we didn't find out until later at the at the meet and greet that it was somebody right before the show had started, had thrown up all over everybody in front of them in the show. So yeah, and then the nice obviously the one we just had, which is the proposal, which was really cool.
Speaker 7: We've had so many great costumes like all these.
Speaker 2: What do you think is the best costume we've had so far? Total best overall? I don't. Well, there was that one Fieni that just was Phoenie.
Speaker 7: Do you remember that there was a guy who like basically just looked like Bill and he just had shaved down to a mustache and was wearing a phoenix.
Speaker 2: But that was crazy.
Speaker 3: The two girls who did they want you to take the roles that had the.
Speaker 2: Entire costumes perfectly in the earth.
Speaker 5: They were great Feenie and Corey, and the roller was.
Speaker 2: One of the first ones that was incredible.
Speaker 1: I think the person who dressed his writer's friend from home a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there's yeah. There was also the person someone dressed as Indie's spelling list.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a couple of pony Yeah, my pony, a couple. Susie's a couple.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The jokes are just the best, like when they're a deep like inmate from the audience was one of the early ones.
Speaker 1: That Wasling Kushling.
Speaker 2: We just had that at the last show.
Speaker 3: We've had some great ones, so no, there's yeah. It's being with the two of you, especially on on the road and watching Jensen. I've never seen anybody power through saltwater Taffy Jensen and literally Jensen in the first few cities were doing constantly having to go to urgent care for one thing or the other until we realized part of his body was literally dead.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that that too. It's been it's been great.
Speaker 1: We found out it's cheaper to buy a new couch than rent one for a venue.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, yes, six hundred dollars to rent the couch we sit on for the show, or we could buy one for from Ikia right jonder bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had some great We had some great crowds all the way through.
Speaker 5: We really yes, we definitely did well.
Speaker 1: Our next question is from Myra in Phoenix. She needs an update from our friend Writer Strong for something he promised and has slowly let go of What.
Speaker 9: Up Pod meets World.
Speaker 5: I'm Myra.
Speaker 10: I actually met you guys in Phoenix, both super awkward and couldn't even look Danielle in the eye because too much perfection. So here's my attempt at redemption with the non confrontational wall of voice. Note up, So, I really listened to episodes of the podcast quite often, and when you guys recapped an Affair to Forget, the pre show chatter was Writer explaining his talent for identifying rising movie stars, which will found an impressive as they are already in movies, but Janiell encouraged him to update the podcast with writers predictions anyway, and we haven't really gotten any so, writer, who are some actors you've seen in smaller projects who you think will grow into movie stars? Will do you think his prediction counts based on their current at start? Hum and Danielle, please mediate the argument, as you so often have to be excited to your answers. Okay, thanks, love you, bye, wow Oh I love this.
Speaker 1: He also recorded that from a library apparently nice.
Speaker 2: She was so quiet.
Speaker 7: I feel like I sent you guys a couple like a month or so after that episode.
Speaker 2: I might have. I can't remember who it was that you might have.
Speaker 7: I feel like I went back and forth and and Jensen, you like had one or two as well.
Speaker 2: We were both like this.
Speaker 1: Person Keiana Taylor, Tiana Taylor coming up in Paul Thomas Anderson movie. I also think Malachai from Zombies four is probably on his zac efronway.
Speaker 2: M hm, Tom Cruise.
Speaker 1: Tom Cruise is a good one.
Speaker 3: He's going to be big, probably going to be good. A guy named Bradley Pitt, I think is one to keep an eye on.
Speaker 5: I think Frey Sky from Zombie.
Speaker 3: Is another one from we've said, uh uh, what's his name?
Speaker 2: Manheim for he's great?
Speaker 1: Where are we just Zombies Peopleffman's kid is all already out and about, So I feel like that's a writer pick.
Speaker 7: I would never pick him. I do not think he's very good. Unfortunately, I would never pick him.
Speaker 1: Well, if some pop up for Myra, you should throw them into the mix of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to look back.
Speaker 7: I'm honestly like scrambling through my letterbox right now to see what I've seen recently that.
Speaker 2: Who was the good writer?
Speaker 3: Who was the woman who starred in that awesome You and I just talked about this movie, the Predators movie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she was great.
Speaker 3: She was great in that movie. I don't even know who the name of the actress, but she was. That movie was so much better than that any right to be. That movie was so entertaining.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have to make a list because I feel like, actually there has been somebody recently. God, I gotta go through because it's not on letterbox, because I think some some stuff I've seen at festivals lately, I've been like, oh.
Speaker 1: I just found a note I wrote for you. Jack O'Connell, he plays he plays Remick in Sinners. He's like a big standout.
Speaker 2: I know I've been dying too. I just I literally have not at a moment. Yeah, I want to watch a movie.
Speaker 7: No, I've been so bad, like I have not watched movies all summer. It's crazy, like this whole year has been.
Speaker 5: You've got a sea sinners Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: While we're on the individual specific questions, Julie from Phoenix has one for Will.
Speaker 11: This is Julie from Phoenix, Arizona, and I want to know what Will's favorite deep cut episode of Seinfeld is not like the Soup Nazi, but like a real deep cut.
Speaker 1: Have a good day, guys.
Speaker 2: Excellent question. There's so many good ones, you know what.
Speaker 3: My it's a very early one, but one Sue and I quote all the time. My favorite deep cut is probably the Pony Remark, which is a great episode where yeah, very early, it's like season two or three of Seinfeld, but the Pony Remark is great with that and the Pen The Pen is another great one where he Jerry goes to visit his parents in Flow and the next door he says to his next door neighbor like, Hey.
Speaker 2: That's really nice pen, and he's like, don't take it. Take the pen. He's like no, I can't.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh God, take it, I insist you take the pen, and so Jerry's like, thank you, this is great, and he walks out in his family's like I can't believe he took that pen, and it blows up the entire retirement village, like, so, how's the new pen?
Speaker 2: Jerry, He's like, why does everybody talk? It's hysterical. So the pen and the pony remark would be my two answers to that good ones.
Speaker 6: We talked about the pony remark recently because it was someone we had on the show.
Speaker 3: Had guests started, did the guy, the guy who was a standstand the plumber man's future son in row was on the pony remark?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yes, all right, can't leave Danielle out. Emily has a question and it involves her child.
Speaker 13: Hi, Pod meets World. My name's Emily. I'm from New Orleans. I watch Boy Meets World, Girl Meets World and listen to the podcast with my fourteen year old son.
Speaker 5: James.
Speaker 13: We actually saw you guys at nineties Con in Connecticut last year, and I'm hoping that you all can settle a debate between j and me. It's about Topanga's character in Girl Meets World. Augie has a friend named Dewey who wants his name to be pronounced Doi, and Tapanga refuses to do it, much to Douy's displeasure. Now I feel like this is sort of a betrayal of original you know, Donut in the Sky to Panga. I think Original to Pango would say, if this child's essence is Doy, then of course I am going to call him Doy. James disagrees. James thinks that even Original to Pango would say Doi is so far beyond the pale, so far into ridiculousness, that i Am not going to call him that. So I'm interested to hear what you guys think. Thanks for considering my question.
Speaker 5: Great question. So I agree that early.
Speaker 6: Season one to Panga would have no problem with whatever somebody identified as calling them. That Topanga is the person who channeled a spirit, you know, made work all made weird sounds, red auras vibrationally acceptable, Dewey versus Doy a pronunciation thing something, especially a kid really wanted.
Speaker 5: Season one to Panga would have no problem with that.
Speaker 6: Seasons five, six, seven to Panga, the total change in character would say, but that's not what it is. That's not what she would be exactly like she was in Girl Meets World. She was just obsessed with the reality of situations and kind of being obsessed with controlling everything to the way she thinks.
Speaker 5: It should be.
Speaker 6: So it's a little disappointing that there was no real embrace of season one to panga in season in the Girl Meets World version of topangas. We did do an episode eventually where I see myself in the mirror and I have like a little flashback of what I used to be like. But yeah, I think the tapanga that evolved in the later seasons of Boy Meets World is more on par with the tapanga we saw in Girl Meets World.
Speaker 5: For Better or Worse?
Speaker 1: Very good. Well, there's another cast member that got a specific question and I wanted to make sure this was included.
Speaker 5: Hello, Pod meets World. This is Alyssa from San Diego.
Speaker 14: Love the show, Love the podcast. My question is for the lobster lobster on days where you are in two scenes? Is it you in both scenes or do you have a lobster double?
Speaker 5: Do you do your own stunts? Love you All. Question dismissed.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing, you would think we wouldn't be able to figure this out, but I was able to reach out to the Lobster. Oh the Lobster's answer in the form of a voice memo.
Speaker 15: Great, Alisa, thank you so much for the question. It means a lot that close to thirty years later, fans still appreciate my work without a side of butter if you know what I mean, Oh, but dipping sauces aside. I took my craft seriously on the set of Boy Meets World, and I still do today. You may not know this, but I'm a graduate of the Meisner technique, and I said to head under h Macy and Mammut at the Atlantic Acting School. So if I'm given two scenes in one day, you better believe it's me both times. Put me on a bookshelf, hide me in a student union buffet. Hell, you can put me in a thrupple with Amy and Allen if they're even still on this show. I'm there every scene because I'm a professional. Leave the stunt doubles to Teddy Ruxman and that clown from Poulttergeist. Anyway, thanks again for the question, but I gotta go. I have an audition for the bear to self tape. I think they're going to hide me in a sandwich or something. Okay, Lobster dismissed.
Speaker 2: As Wow, why does he sound like he's in a boiler?
Speaker 1: He made two creative decisions. One is the bubble. But then I realized this snapping, it must be his.
Speaker 5: He's talking.
Speaker 6: Does heals?
Speaker 2: Of course he's a handful.
Speaker 6: Super fan Eastern Allen as the voice of the Lobster.
Speaker 5: Let's let not let that go uncredited.
Speaker 1: All right, this is a great question from Anthony. All Right.
Speaker 16: I grew up in central Massachusetts, not dissimilar from where Will grew up with, you know, lack of electricity and all that. But there was a pervasive urban legend where I grew up that Topanga, or rather Danielle went to Quinnipiac College in Connecticut.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 16: It was a big one. It was on par with like the kid that ate pop rocks and drank soda from the Wonder Years grew up to be Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 16: It was widely accepted that Topanga, again, Danielle went to Quinnipiac. Question One, were you aware of this weird urban legend? I don't imagine you would be. And two What were some of the other ones that you guys heard, if there were any about Boy meets World cast or whatever, were the urban legend that wasn't true? All right, Thank you guys. I love the show, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Wow, I told I've told you before.
Speaker 6: The rumor of me going to insert any college name I have heard more than any other rumor ever.
Speaker 2: Well, have you heard about this college in particular?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe to Queenpiac I would know if you were Winnipa.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I did not go to Quinnipiac. I have never even heard of Quinnipiac until right now. But that, for some reason which college I went to was a massive rumor.
Speaker 2: It makes sense.
Speaker 5: I didn't go until I was twenty seven.
Speaker 2: I guess if you grew up with the show, it would be like, where did you know she? Once the show ended? Where did she go?
Speaker 7: Like the actors must be and like people probably just saw a pretty blonde girl from a distance in their college and they were like, Oh, that's totally Japanga And then that just made it up.
Speaker 2: Because the other one.
Speaker 6: That I hear all the time, the other massive rumor, was that I dated someone's cousin So if you ever heard that I dated your cousin, I probably didn't Lance's cousin.
Speaker 5: I didn't date Lance's cousin.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, but if Lance's cousin said he dated my car, she dated my cousin, sure right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I will say if if your rumor involves an Islands or a Fudruckers in Anaheim Hills, that's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're I will say, if your rumor involves any sort of chain restaurant, pretty much anywhere across the country, it's possible.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 3: By the way, speaking speaking of that, where we were just in San Francisco and Sacramento for our live shows, and Danielle's mom joined us, and I see her down in the I see Jennifer down in the lobby, and first of all, the joke worked again because she didn't recognize me. She was like, oh my god, she's like four c And then I said what are you doing down here? And she said, oh, I'm waiting for my door dash And I said, what'd you get? She went McDonald's. I was like, yep, that's Danielle's mom, So we can.
Speaker 2: See where it all comes from. There you go the rumor I've heard several about myself. I kept.
Speaker 3: You know, obviously, most young actors, especially teen actors in the nineties, eventually hear they're gay at some point. But the other one I heard all the time after the show was that I my anxiety got so bad that I was a goroaphobic and was never leaving my house, which was never true.
Speaker 1: So it's close, I mean it's pretty close.
Speaker 3: It was close, but it was never like I was shutting the door on people and like never.
Speaker 5: No, no, nobody was showing up, but you weren't leaving.
Speaker 2: I left every day.
Speaker 3: No, I leave my house every day, like go to bo store or something or Blockbuster.
Speaker 1: That was about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: So okay, So people have other things they want figured out. This is James.
Speaker 17: Hey everyone, my name is James Love the podcast, and thanks for taking my question. So I am wondering how being on Boy Meets World set you up financially for your future. Now I'm not looking for any specific numbers or wondering exactly how much you made, but for instance, did the money you made from the show pay for your college or the purchasing of future homes? Did you not have to worry about working for many years to come. Are you still leaving off your boy Meets World money today or has it been gone for years now? Anyways, thanks again, have a great day.
Speaker 7: Good question, really, and I've always said that, like, yeah, boy Met World allowed me to pay for college. That was the I did not have to take student loans, and you know, I went to expensive schools. The two colleges I went to were pricey at the time, and I remember being very proud to be able to you know, pay for that and pay for my rent and like life expenses, and that definitely you know. I I my parents were also very good at telling me to invest my money and stuff. So I didn't actually do much stock market investing, but my parents directed me to buy some properties and that really paid off because they knew where to go and I bought. I ended up buying a vineyard, or I bought property that I converted to a vineyard.
Speaker 2: I you know, so my parents were just very good with my money.
Speaker 7: I could see if I had been left to my own devices, I probably wouldn't have invest in anything, and I probably would have run out of all that, you know, sort of like leg up that I had from Boy Meet's world pretty quickly. But as it was, my parents were very good with you know, helping me and advising me. And and then I kept working in my twenties, so I was fine. But I never, like, I did go through a period of not working when I like really kind of quit acting and I downsized my life intentionally before I got married. But I wasn't like I don't know, I just was spending a lot less like I was renting, and but I also wasn't making any money. But like I said, the real estate stuff paid off so that when I did get married, I could pay.
Speaker 2: For my wedding and buy a house.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, I mean kind of the same. You know, both my parents are lawyers, and then my other brother worked on Wall Street, so I was kind of investing right away. And I bought my cont a narrowhead on the on the lake when we were doing boy, and then when I realized I wasn't getting there anything, I flipped that and I bought my house. So I mean, I I have been in my home now for twenty five years, and.
Speaker 1: For a year you didn't leave it exactly.
Speaker 2: I never left because I was agoraphobic.
Speaker 3: But no, so I mean I bought my house at exactly the right time, and it's obviously a wonderful investment. And yeah, I've been I've been very lucky with my finances with with you know, I'm I continued to work after the show and signed a bunch of deals after the show. And when the anxiety really cut my legs out from under me, and there was a time where.
Speaker 2: I couldn't audition and I couldn't do anything. I was still doing voiceover.
Speaker 3: But you make a lot less money doing voiceover than you do on camera, obviously, I mean, you do an entire episode of a cartoon. And at the time, it was like you got six hundred bucks, you'd get residuals, but it wasn't. You weren't making Boy Meets World kind of.
Speaker 2: Money residuals on video games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, So you know, it was one of those things where luckily I had been wise with my money and listen to my parents and my family to where then when you do have the lean years, which happens all the time I was, I was comfortable enough to maintain my lifestyle without having to worry about losing my home or anything along those lines.
Speaker 2: So it was, you know, and again writers.
Speaker 3: Right, there's years where you're making a ton of money and then there's years where you're making very.
Speaker 2: Little money, if any.
Speaker 3: So it's you know, that's that's the thing about our industry is you've got to when you are making the money, you've got to make as much as you can, and then you've got to be as smart with it as you can.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, going off and.
Speaker 7: Buying sile years where yeah, both Alex and I don't have any income, and it's like if we if we don't adjust our lifestyle or prepare for that, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's a crazy industry in that way. It's all about saving.
Speaker 3: So, yes, I've been I've been very lucky financially with saving my money.
Speaker 6: I was the least paid person on the show. I don't remember what I started with, but I think it was like maybe my weekly salary was like six thousand dollars an episode, but I wasn't in every episode for that first season. The second season, I got paid a little bit more than that, but not significant, like maybe seventy five hundred episode. Again, wasn't still in every episode. Then season three, I made fifteen thousand dollars an episode, and although that would be almost fully doubling. But that wasn't the year I doubled. There was one.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that was the year I doubled.
Speaker 6: I went from seventy I think is just the regular guest star rate.
Speaker 2: I think that's just the going guest star rate for ever.
Speaker 5: But I don't I think I made less than that. But maybe you're right.
Speaker 6: Maybe I made seventy five hundred right from the beginning, even from season one. I was thinking there was a little bit of a jump between season one and season two, but that probably doesn't make much sense. It was probably that I started at seventy five hundred a week and made that for seasons one and two, and then season three. We had a big negotiation and that's the one where I didn't wasn't going to show up for a table read, and it was a really big deal, and my dad and Judy were like, we're not letting you work for this anymore. They can't keep telling us that you weren't planned to be a part of the show. It's the third season. They know to expect you now. And they ended up doubling my salary, and so then I made fifteen thousand dollars an episode for seasons three and then. I have absolutely no memory of what the jumps were for four and five or six, but I know that by the time the show ended, I was making close to, if not about, thirty thousand dollars an episode.
Speaker 5: My dad is very good.
Speaker 6: Similar to writer and Will, my dad is very good at investing money. He was investing my money for me. I actually truly never saw my bank account, never saw I never knew, never saw a total, never knew how much money I had, never saw what it was invested in. Just fully and completely trusted my parents, and sometimes that works out like it did in my case. Both My mom was also she had heard so many horror stories of child actors finding out their parents were stealing their money. My mom had a fear that I would ever think that that was possible. She kept every single pay stub, she had every single thing organized. Any expense that I did have to pay for that was an expense for something pertaining to work she had itemized. I never once doubted that my parents were doing fine by me, and my dad invested my money. So yes, there were then many years where I didn't work after Boy Meets World, and I was able to live off of that money that I had saved, I wasn't smart with it. I wasted so much money on clothes and you know, stupid stuff. And eventually my parents said what are you doing? Because I was also renting, so I when I moved out when I was the last season of the show, I was able to pay for my own rent. But my parents were like, Danielle, you should really buy a place, like if you're really you know, if you should buy a place. And so I bought my first townhouse with Boy Meets World money. My first townhouse was like three hundred and nine thousand dollars, so I know, I put a sig nificant amount of money down and then had a small mortgage. And then when I sold that house, I sold it at like the height, and so I made a bunch of money on that house and then bought another house at the height. And I've been able to roll that into the different houses that I've lived in over the years. I've now moved a bunch of times and owned many different properties.
Speaker 5: Is the actual Like, if I.
Speaker 6: Were to say, are there any remaining Boy Meets World dollars left?
Speaker 5: I don't think so it's the answer is.
Speaker 7: No, no, yeah, but if you think about the investments you made right.
Speaker 6: The investments, the properties, the things, it was it allowed me to buy.
Speaker 1: Comfort to right, like the comfort things, and totally it's like being more enrich in some ways, except we were born that way.
Speaker 2: We just worked for it.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I mean, like getting that leg up under the age of twenty isn't like having.
Speaker 3: Our support system that we did people around us, right.
Speaker 7: But I completely if somebody tells me that they were a child actor, even if they were a series for seven years, I can't assume that they have any of that much left. No, it's like, oh not, because it doesn't audit. It's like you have to have parents like we all did, saying like do this, don't you do that, put your money here, let it, you know, just be conservative about things and also just yeah, don't don't spend too much or don't stay it on ridiculous.
Speaker 6: The other thing I would think, Actually, I take it back, are there boy meets world dollars left. I do still make some money in residuals. It's not enough to live off of, let's say total in a year. If I had to guesstimate, I would say it's for me and residuals are based on how much money you made, so based on your original salary. So again, I was, you know, one of the lowest, the lowest paid person.
Speaker 5: Maybe I don't know about Lindsay. Maybe Lindsay made less than me. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm sure some people just stayed in guest star rate the entire time. So yeah, whatever to.
Speaker 6: Say, not enough to live off of, not even close enough to live off of. I'm talking like twenty thousand dollars a year maybe, but still that's Boy meet that's technically still Boy Meets World money that comes in.
Speaker 2: Really you think it's about twenty thousand dollars, that's great.
Speaker 7: I feel like I I feel like I'm like shocked when I get, like, I don't know, a five thousand dollars check and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa, this is? Yeah, But I think over the year it I think, building know.
Speaker 6: What, you know what I'm wondering, I'm wondering how much of it is. Maybe do I get Girl Meets World.
Speaker 2: Residuals because you do, that's what it does.
Speaker 6: So maybe maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm maybe I don't know. Maybe it's girl and Boy Meets World mixed together. And of course, you know, I was in every episode of that, so it's possible it's there. But yeah, I mean, there's there's no doubt that without Boy Meets World, we wouldn't have been able to have course done the things that we did. But also, like you said, will our support systems, our parents and family were so instrumental in us being able to hold on doo our money and give us some security, And it's just a lot.
Speaker 2: Of all over it.
Speaker 7: Our parents had jobs and were secure themselves in ways because a lot n't have to pay for them, right, That's the thing, Like my dad had and it still has an incredible pension from San Francisco Fire Department, which is like the greatest post retirement pension you can have. And like, yeah, I mean I just think about that, like how much of a benefit it was, because I see other child actors like our generation, their parents needed that money, yes, to even be able to support their kid working, you know.
Speaker 2: And like that it was a huge drain on the kids' finances. It's a bummery Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Well, here's a production question for Avery.
Speaker 2: Hey, pau meets Brold.
Speaker 9: I'm a big fan and specifically, I really love the pre show chatter. Your conversations are always so authentic and often hilarious. And I'm just wondering how you decide who's going to be kicking off the pre show chatter that week? How do you know what you're going to be talking about? It's it predetermined? Do you make it up on the spot? Do you know what the other person's going to start talking about? We'd love to know more about that process. Love you guys, Bye.
Speaker 2: Okay, A couple things.
Speaker 3: First of all, how any of these questions are allowed about these people telling us exactly where they are and if it's safe in their town.
Speaker 2: I will never understand. That's day B. I think here's the easiest way to answer that question.
Speaker 3: That's right now as three friends re enact exactly how we do this.
Speaker 2: Ready, okay, anybody have a pre show chatter?
Speaker 5: Do you want to talk about anything?
Speaker 2: You got?
Speaker 18: Anything?
Speaker 3: You got?
Speaker 2: Writers got the car ahead and that.
Speaker 1: Is the production. That's the piece of the production that takes place right before we go.
Speaker 7: Or sometimes it'll go around for like two minutes of like really none of us have anything else, and.
Speaker 1: Then it will The other option is someone jumps up and goes I got precore chatter.
Speaker 3: If it's something great that you've been holding on to, it's like, Okay, this happened, and I can't wait to actually do have a note folder that I keep.
Speaker 1: Do you really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Because I because, especially when we started doing the tour, because we also have pre show chatter for the live show shows, and so I just was like, any time I would think of something, I would be like, oh, I want to talk to Will and Danielle about this.
Speaker 2: I'll write it down. So I have a list that I refer to.
Speaker 1: I don't well, here's something that could become pre show chatter from a listener of the show named Ross.
Speaker 19: Okay, so this is primarily for Will and write Sorry, daniel I just wanted to know if you knew that technically Ryder played Bill Daniels's grandson in a different show. I'm like Will and that I'm obsessed with sitcom. In a while back, I was watching through the Golden Girls, and because I am a completist about things, I watched all of the spin offs as well, one of which was a TV series that lasted for I think it was three seasons called Nurses, And on that show, in one episode, Ryder played one of the main characters, Hank's son, and in a different episode I think like two episodes later, Bill Daniels played Hank's father, so basically Ryder is Bill Daniel's grandson.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I just was wondering if you were aware of this or not. Wait, yeah, that's cool, And no I did not know that at all. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was like a total brat. I kept getting cast as like a brat or like.
Speaker 2: A rich to Dennis the Menace look get I guess.
Speaker 7: Because it was like empty nests and nurses, both of those. I was like a total wise like little Brady kid.
Speaker 2: Wait, weren't you Also, wasn't Home Improvement? Weren't you kind of like a wissas on Home improve Yeah, yep, I was like a total punk. So yeah, I was just always a brat. I just always the kid you wanted to smack.
Speaker 7: And I was always getting like the end of every episode of sitcoms that I guest starred on, I was always like me, like learning my lesson or being told off by someone from the cast. Yeah, but that's so funny. Wow, I got to go back and check out nurse.
Speaker 3: That's a great little TV hook right there. That's cool, and they did. They tried to spin off ninety three different shows from from Golden Girls, who Again, it's a different show when you watch it now, knowing that they're all supposed to be in their fifties ancient.
Speaker 1: You know. Well, while we're on TV history and trivia, this one really caught my attention.
Speaker 20: Hey guys, this is Christian from Kentucky. This question is for writer. I meant to ask you this at the Columbus Meet and greet, but I was a little too stunned to speak. I was there with my wife in the underpant shirt. Anyway, The question is, we were a fan of your wife's character on The Fosters, and I know her character was pregnant at some point, and I was just wondering if she was actually pregnant in real life with your son, because I thought the timeline might have lined up. Also, will the Lizzie McGuire movie Slander Will Not Be Tolerated?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: They wrote Indie into The Fosters, so she got Yeah, she got pregnant in real life, and then they decided to write the pregnancy into the show and she had to do a car accident scene while she's very pregnant, and she was very uncomfortable with it because they it was like one of those you know, it was a poor man's process, but they were actually like slamming the car, like jerking it, and she was like nine months pregnant at the time, and she was like.
Speaker 2: They did one take and She's.
Speaker 7: Like, I don't think we can do that again, and they were like, actually, we got it, We're fine, but she was very yeah, yeah, So and then I think I think Foster's might have been the first set that India ever came to as a baby. Came a Girl Meets World definitely when he was slightly older, but as like a really little baby. She I brought him to the set of Foster's so he could see his mom when.
Speaker 3: She show yeah, that's really amazing, as opposed to the Lizzie Maguire movie, which wasn't.
Speaker 1: Oh he's continuing the streak. We're moving on. This is Emily you as a question about how do you see yourselves?
Speaker 21: Okay, so all of you have, at some point on the pod or in Q and A's or whatever, discussed how being a teen beat heart throb had made you very uncomfortable at different points in your life for different reasons. So that being said, now that you're all in your forties, genuinely wondering, do you still dislike compliments that any compliments that are appearance based like you did in the past, or now that you're in your forties, have you all more or less come to terms with being shall we say, objectively hot people.
Speaker 6: First of all, thank you keep it coming again, Jess. No, I tell you what. Now that I'm old, I want to be reminded.
Speaker 5: As often as possible. If you think I'm attractive, you better tell me.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to be reminded. You're old, and you're forgetting.
Speaker 5: You're old, and I'm forgetful.
Speaker 1: Speak up.
Speaker 5: Writers, still bothered by it?
Speaker 2: No, you know what?
Speaker 7: Well, First of all, I don't get it that all. I just feel like the whole thing has changed. Like back then, it felt like it was something purely physical, right, like I was supposed to have the certain hair or bed well, to be trendy, and like I just never fit like I never liked that, Whereas like now I don't know, like I feel like if people give me a compliment it's more based on maybe who I am like how I dress, like hopefully something about my personality. I don't know, but I guess that's kind of evading the question. The point is, you know, I'm comfortable with myself. I'm comfortable with myself mostly from doing this podcast and watching the old show, watching the show and looking back and being like.
Speaker 2: You know, I feel good about the acting.
Speaker 7: I feel good about the way I look back then, even though I was so insecure back then, I look at and I'm like, oh, come on, man.
Speaker 2: You were a cool kid, Like that's cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just yeah, I just felt out of control, and now I feel in control of my appearance now.
Speaker 2: I think like shaving earlier this year was part of that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: It was like why am I because I used to always have a beer to try and look older, to try and hide my face.
Speaker 2: And when I shaved, and I was like, I like my face. I like my face. In all the forums, it's.
Speaker 7: Fine, Like I like, yeah, I feel confident about how I look and I'm comfortable with it. I mean, sure I could be in better shape and work out more, but in general, I feel I feel okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm oh, I always hate how I look. It's just how I am. I'm very harsh for myself about.
Speaker 5: How I'm so harsh on yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I couldn't hear you through my fat But the thing that I that I like, which we've actually talked about on the stage while we're doing the podcast, is that it feels different getting compliments from pod Meats World fans than it did from just people who watch Boy Meets World because they didn't know us. They knew us as just Sean Tipanga and Eric that was it, so we were characters on a TV screen. We're very two dimensional that they knew nothing about us, whereas our fans from Podmeats World have gotten to know us as people. So I feel like when I'm getting a compliment from one of them, it seems and a lot of them, by the way, we're Boy Meets World fans that have morphed into Pod Meats World fans, so they've gotten to know us over the years, and it seems more personal and more genuine because it's like, I'm I'm I know you and your personalities and I think that's very attractive or something like that, and that's it's really sweet to hear.
Speaker 2: So it is I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to get better with myself and also realize I'm almost fifty years old and I'm not going to lose weight the same way I did when I was twenty, and it is what it is. But yeah, I'm I'm I'm trying to get less harsh with myself.
Speaker 6: We are trying to help you get less harsh with yourself too. Also, all of you who love Peak.
Speaker 2: Will season six, Season six, Peak Will.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping that helps too, because everyone's saying you look exactly the same as you did during Peak Will.
Speaker 2: I don't, but that's very soon, okay whatever.
Speaker 1: This is one of our younger fans. Bonnie.
Speaker 22: Hi, my name is Bonnie. I'm eight years old and I'm from Havana, Illinois, and I love your sho I love your podcast, and I was wondering have you ever gotten injured on set?
Speaker 5: Thanks by great question.
Speaker 3: First of all, Bonnie did it right, says her name, her age, and where she's from.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bonnie.
Speaker 5: I have talked about this before. I don't know if I've talked about it on the podcast or if I've talked about it just in live shows.
Speaker 6: But when we did that Subway episode where we were all trapped on the subway. There was a little piece of metal way down low between my ankle and my knee, like low on my shin that was sticking out and I walked by it and it gave me about a one inch cut on my leg and it started bleeding and it scarred. So I actually have a scar from that subway episode.
Speaker 2: I got answered twice.
Speaker 12: Ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One was I think I've talked about was when we were playing football or basketball. I fell on my thumb and it was the day that Spencer was leaving and he was my legal guardian and wasn't supposed to leave, but I was like, yeah, go for the weekend. He had to go somewhere for work for the weekend, and David Combs saw my thumb was swelling up and was like, well, we have to take you to the hospital where spend. This was now after the show night, so it was like nine o'clock at night. Spencer was gone, and David was like, Hey, I'm noticing that swelling.
Speaker 2: We got to take you to the hospital. Let's call Spencer. And I was like, oh, no, it's fine.
Speaker 3: He's like well, and then I had to tell him, hey, he's gone for the weekend, and he's like, no, that's not okay. They Paige Spencer at the airport. They pulled him off the plane and he had to come back and sit with me while they went, yeah, you sprained your thumb, but I remember it being a big thing. And then the other one was I'm not even sure I've ever even talked about this. My anxiety had hit. It was season seven. My anxiety was really bad, and nobody knew about it. I was keeping it very quiet, and I had my Adavan, which was my as needed pills in my pocket, and I had the whole thing of them in my pocket, and I had to do a stunt where I like jumped down on the floor and I l ended on the pills and the entire bottle smashed against my leg and a piece of the plastic shot into my leg and a huge bruise that took up like my entire thigh formed over the next day or two, where my whole thigh turned black and I had to pull out like this piece of plastic because my Adavan pills smashed into my leg. So those are the Those are the two times on the set that I got injured.
Speaker 2: I don't think I was ever injured on Boy Meet's World.
Speaker 3: Wait didn't you have Did you have some sort of a rollerblading thing which made them stop you rollerblading?
Speaker 2: Did something happen? No, I mean my mom broke her maybe I remember that. I think that was before boy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm trying to think I broke my arm rollerblading, But that was before boy you.
Speaker 2: Had your toe thing. But that doesn't my toe thing.
Speaker 7: That was David COLEMs being like, you know, because I had just been letting this ingrown toenail go and he was like, let's go get that fixed now. And then I had to work that night on Vicoins.
Speaker 2: But I don't think I ever like hurt myself. It's probably gonna come to me another time, but okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, here is Jenny from Boston. She has a question that is straight to Danielle's heart.
Speaker 12: Hi, Podmetzworld, this is Jenny. I'm sending you this voice note from Boston, Massachusetts. I want you guys to tell me if I'm writing guessing your McDonald's order. I know Will and Danielle like McDonald's, So here we go. Will you're getting a big mac. I know you're getting some large fries. A soda, some nuggets with your order. You like to splurge when you go to McDonald's. You're also getting a double cheeseburger for later, because why not, Danielle, I believe you are McChicken girly. If not a mcdouble, You're getting a side of fries, a small drink, and I think you want to make flurry for later. Writers gonna ask you to stop at a local spot because he needs to order his vegetarian wrap. He is not even ordering a salad for McDonald's, so you got to.
Speaker 2: Make that stop for him.
Speaker 12: Let me know if I am right, and thank you, guys.
Speaker 10: Bye.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Not right for you, guys, Huh, she was right for me.
Speaker 3: The part part of it was right, But it's not even close to what I order, which is why I don't go to McDonald's. We've talked about this, how I invent the fake guy in the car with me because I order so much food that I'm pretending I'm buying for two people. So my regular order was a number one supersized, so that's the big mac.
Speaker 2: Oh, so she was right for a very small part of it.
Speaker 14: Mac.
Speaker 3: And then I would get a double quarter pounder with cheese, a double cheeseburger, yes, a double, a double cheeseburger, two regular cheeseburgers, and two medium fries, and then I would get why not just get one large because in my head for them, I was like ordering.
Speaker 2: For other people. So it's like, oh, what does Dave want? Dave wants that. This is why I don't go to McDonald's. Oh my god, that's a lot of calorie. Yeah, thousands and thousands of calories, which is why I do not go there. I think that's like nine thousand calories. No, it's not healthy. It's not like yeah, no, oh god, no, terrible.
Speaker 3: And sometimes I would break it up into third meal and fourth meal where it was like I'd eat half of it for dinner and then I'd have a couple drinks at night or smoke some weed or something, and then at at two o'clock in the morning eat the rest of it. So again, I wasn't living what they would call a healthy lifestyle.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: This is also you know, a two packs of cigarettes a day or pack and a half in Again, this is I shaved years off my life one super sized meal and pack of smokes at a time.
Speaker 6: So yeah, when I was pregnant. McDonald's was my craving and I always got the same thing. It was a quarter pounder with cheese, French fries and a vanilla milkshake.
Speaker 1: And I was brought to the hospital and it was.
Speaker 6: The first thing I ate immediately after I delivered both my children.
Speaker 11: To me.
Speaker 6: Now and then, since that time, I don't eat McDonald's anymore. But since that time, I fell in love with their cheeseburgers, just plain cheeseburgers.
Speaker 2: McDonald's. It's recently because we were there not that long ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when the last time you and I went was probably the last time I eat it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she nailed me in this regard to when boy Me's world ended and I drove to New York.
Speaker 2: I moved to New York. My girlfriend and.
Speaker 7: I bought tofu like a pack because we knew we would have to stop at like McDonald's to eat because there'd just be times. So we bought pre bought a bunch of tofu, and then you'd go and order a cheeseburger without the meat and then put the cube of tofu.
Speaker 2: That's where I used to eat the McDonald's that tasted pretty good.
Speaker 7: I mean you know, because what you like about a burger is all the the stuff around it, the sauces and when I.
Speaker 2: Like the meat.
Speaker 1: Caitlin who wants to hear more about suggestions this one specifically from Daniel.
Speaker 23: Hey, Daniel will and writer. I am so, so, so excited to be sending this in I seriously love the podcast. I never missed an episode. You guys are the absolute best. Quick story before I dumped into my questions, I was recently on a flight to Daniel's favorite place in the world, Las Vegas, and the guy sitting next to me on the plane I noticed I was listening to Pod meets World and we completely bonded over it. So I just want to let you know that your podcast reaches near and far.
Speaker 1: I am sending this.
Speaker 23: Message all the way from Boston, Massachusetts.
Speaker 5: And before you.
Speaker 23: Ask, you did have a little is this how I meet my husband moment? But turns out he's Marriats without dream died pretty quickly. But anyways, I'm actually considering going back to Vegas and the next couple of months, and Danielle, if you have any recommendations for me, please let me know.
Speaker 5: Oh that's the end of the question. Question Okay, gosh recommendations.
Speaker 6: I love the soft serve at the font and blue upstairs from from Capones.
Speaker 5: It's Capones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's also a great pizza Miami Slice.
Speaker 1: I in Arcade, we love the pinball arcade.
Speaker 5: Music and ball arcade is great.
Speaker 1: Is really fun, you know, gambling your life away.
Speaker 5: Play some black jack, ride the gondola. You know.
Speaker 6: Listen, I'm trying to find things that other people might want to fill their time with.
Speaker 5: I'm just sitting at a table.
Speaker 2: Is it the Venetian is the one where they have the indoor adult miniature golf.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure there's more than one of them, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's I think it's cool. I think it's a cool place in the Venetian. You get some food, you can do that, and like inside you can play really cool goes like a floor two. So I think I think something like that would be fun as well.
Speaker 1: There's a top golf over where that wolf is too.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I do know the top.
Speaker 2: That's that's fun stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Danielle's suggestion here it just involves gambling, and she doesn't want to say it exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I was trying to come up with some things that other people might want to do, but I would just walk in and down at a table and then leave when my plane leaves forty eight hours later.
Speaker 1: This is a question from Felicia, who has noticed a theme in Boy Meets World and wants to know if you know anything more about it.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 3: Name is Felicia.
Speaker 5: I love this show.
Speaker 18: I've been listening since the beginning and you guys are great. I've sent an email about this topic before, but not really in the form of this question. And so, as a foster parent rewatching Boy Meets World, has I've been able to see themes of foster care kind of woven throughout the whole series. I mean, Sean in many ways essentially was a foster kid when his dad left him with the Matthews, and then he stayed with you know, mister Turner, and then you see the recurring theme with Tommy as well.
Speaker 2: Now that we're in.
Speaker 18: Season six, do you know if this was a topic that was near and dear to Michael Jacob's heart or to the writer's room, or where did that theme come from?
Speaker 2: It's so funny. We were just asked the same question at our last live show. Yeah, was that Lauren, by any chance.
Speaker 1: Who just asked that, Yeah, that's Felicia.
Speaker 2: Felicia okay, And and I don't know, is my answer.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know if if one of you two know, but I don't know if that was a thing that Michael was really into adoption in foster care or one of the other producers or writers was.
Speaker 2: I honestly couldn't tell you.
Speaker 5: I know, I don't know either.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I don't think so. I mean, yeah.
Speaker 7: The reason I asked if this was Lauren is because we did get an email from a woman named Lauren who alerted us that there is a book called The Sun Won't Come Out Tomorrow, which is by Kristin Martin, and it's it's the Dark History of American orphan Hood, and it's it's a It talks about representations of foster care and orphans in popular television and popular culture, and has an entire chapter dedicated to boy Meet's World. And so Lauren send us this email. I actually went and got the book and read the chapter. I want to finish reading the whole book, and maybe we'll do ap preciach chatter. We'll talk about it and I'll have you guys read at least the chapter. It was really interesting the take on Boy Meets World and Sean in particular. The author Kristen's take is that Sean is an orphan figure, and she sort of compares this to representations of orphans and movies and but especially in the nineties. You know, it's a it's a really interesting take. It's not super positive about Boy Meets World.
Speaker 2: It actually well.
Speaker 7: She comes away saying that that that Boy Meets World is very dismissive of foster care or orphanages or any sort of social services that would actually exist in America. In other words, when Shawn's in trouble, when Shawn is nowhere to live, he has to be saved by a teacher or a family friend. It's either the Matthews, mister Feenie, or mister Turner that swoops in.
Speaker 2: There's no oh, actual.
Speaker 7: You know what would actually be like a social worker who comes along. You know, there's no there's nobody reports Sean missing to anybody, or that Sean's parents have abandoned him.
Speaker 2: That never gets officially reported.
Speaker 7: And the implication is that you know, these other people can sort of step up and help Sean or save Sean. And the implication of that is that the social services would be worse than that. And I think that that kind of is the standard idea, especially in the nineties, that yeah, like if you were an orphan and you were at this mercy of the state, that would really be bad.
Speaker 1: And the implication the punky Brewster syndrome.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, it'd be better to be saved by a rich person.
Speaker 7: So it's and you know, and and and Kristin who wrote the book is actually an orphan herself. And that's why I want to read the rest of the book before I really bring, you know, go into it.
Speaker 2: But I'll bring it up.
Speaker 7: But I thought it was fascinating to think of boy Meet's world representation of of.
Speaker 2: Of orphans or foster care. But yeah, it does seem like a recurring theme in some ways. But even even with Tommy, it doesn't seem like it's not super positive about the system, right.
Speaker 3: No, I mean again, Tommy is adopted by a loving family. They mentioned that they have another adopted child, so it's I mean, I guess they're they're showing it to be clean and safe the place, and that and that the foster care woman is are the woman who runs the place is obviously very much cares about the children, right, So I mean that's at least shown in a positive that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then and and Eric does because if Eric adopted Tommy for instance, right, what would that be saying? Because the whole point is like the best thing for Tommy is for somebody like Eric to swoop in and save him, right, And that's not the case there, So that's that's a that's a counterpoint for sure to write.
Speaker 3: But they definitely also when they when they come to government stuff. I mean, when what's what's her name from Jurassic Park, Ariana Richard's character was getting beaten on, it wasn't like it was nobody was calling anybody wasn't calling protective services, right, And I mean that was part of the part of the story, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: No, we end up going to the police. I think eventually they that was what you come up with, is that you need to call sote.
Speaker 1: That was like the last ditch effort.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we end on a higher note here. This is our last question. And I think it's probably best you guys answer quickly on this one, because if you think about it too long, I think it kind of defeats the reasoning to ask it, but like here it is.
Speaker 24: Hey, everybody, my name is Mackenzie from West Virginia. My question is are there any real life scenarios that you've had that you felt more prepared for because of the storylines and the lessons that were learned on Boy Meets World. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, remember we were just started this podcast and we hit the Grandma as a rolling stone episode and we've just recorded it, and literally like two weeks later, I was texting with you guys about a situation that mirrored the episode exactly.
Speaker 2: Or I was like, I don't know what to.
Speaker 7: Tell Indy about this family member and I don't know what to say, and you guys, I think one of you were like, that's great. I'm always at was, Oh my god, you're right. I just need to be the Allen in this situation and say basically Alan's monologue to it was perfect timing. It was like, oh, this is how you deal with this because I don't want to bad mouth a family member, but at the same time, you know, I want to be honest, and yeah, it was perfect.
Speaker 2: It was so perfect. Yeah, it's definitely happened.
Speaker 7: Where things from Boybet's World have echoed in my mind and affected the way I think about stuff for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think that same episode The Grandma's a Rolling Stone. I think anybody who has family that they don't necessarily see eye to eye on everything with can relate to that episode where you go, what's if I want this person in my life and in my family's life and in my kid's life.
Speaker 5: What's the best way for me to handle.
Speaker 6: This, For me to let my kid know that I don't necessarily condone the behavior of this person, but that we love them anyway.
Speaker 5: And that I think is just a good Oh, we're all lesson for everyone. Well, what about that?
Speaker 3: Not that I can think of, But that's not to say it hasn't happened. I can't think of anything right off at the top of my head because Eric usually also has some pretty can have some pretty absurd storylines.
Speaker 1: So I mean, you take care of Bill and Bonnie. I mean you feel like that's kind of like in line with how you were on boy Met World in the storyline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, it's that kind of I mean, maybe it's it's more relationship be stuff. I think that I you know, it's Boy meets World and meeting everybody there and the relationships I've had that have lasted. It's more about that friendship. I mean, Danielle and Ryder are my, Corey and Corey, Sean and Sean however you want to so, I mean, you know, there's certainly it's it's there's certainly a closeness that develops. But I can't think of any specific storyline where I'm like, yes, that really taught me how to do X Y or Z.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you and them were born to be together in the universe, requited universe, no matter what happens, no matter what happens, you stick it out.
Speaker 2: We are with all those other women who keep throwing themselves at you.
Speaker 7: Oh it's funny because I do think about the life lessons of Boy Meets World, and like all the ones that I really appreciate have to do with friendship, education and family, like you know, being with your family and and and being a kid.
Speaker 2: When you get into the relationship stuff, I just yeah, I don't want.
Speaker 7: To take any I know, basically since the Romeo and Juliet episode, you know, since the Long Walk to Pittsburgh, I'm like all of those like life lessons about Corey and Topanga. I just want to throw out the window. I don't I don't take those abstract lessons seriously. I just feel like they're actually the worst advice.
Speaker 1: Well, our listeners aren't the worst. This deep the best into the podcast to continue to send in questions. We appreciate your voice memos. We will do this again at some point, so if you have your questions, stockpile them and then send them in when we were asked for on our social media. But thank you guys so much for more cues for our race.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: Thanks, thank you all for listening to this episode of Podmeets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails podmeets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got merch.
Speaker 2: Hi. I'm Will from Los Angeles and I have a question about merch.
Speaker 5: Is it safe in your neighborhood?
Speaker 2: Is it safe in your neighborhood? My hey, neighborhood is very safe, and I have a question about merch.
Speaker 5: Podmeetsworldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 2: We love you all. Pod dismissed.
Speaker 3: Podmeets World is nheart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensenkarp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara Sudbaksch, producer, Maddy Moore.
Speaker 2: Engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen.
Speaker 3: Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at Podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com