Speaker 1: And this is Drink Chaps.
Speaker 2: Motherfucking podcast man, he's a legendary queen's rapper.
Speaker 1: He ain't agree. That's your boy in O r E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What up it's DJ E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks Chans mocavery Days New Year's c that'sten.
Speaker 1: It's time for drink Champions. Drink up? Motherfucker? Would it good? Be hopingus with it should be? This your boy in O r E. What Up? It's DJ e f N and this is Drink Champs yeap hour make some when I say calling this man a legend is an understatement. Calling him an icon as an understatement. Calling him a visionary uh uh, A person that is relentless, a person that has landed his hand to hip hop and could singly handily say that he has made hip hop a better place. Some of your favorite records he's wrote some of your favorite artists. He's your artist, favorite artist artist. He's your rapper's favorite rappers rapper. He's your producer's favorite, producer, producer, producer. He is a classic legend icon means so much, and I want to I don't want to limit to him to to to because because he's he's he's actually from the South, kind of dressed like from the East Coast and rhyme almost like from the East.
Speaker 4: Coast, but landed and goddamn the West Coast. So he's a bit of every coast hip hop. He's a man's man, like I said, a legend, legend. And if it wasn't for him, some of your favorite hip hop artist icons will probably never even exist.
Speaker 1: Like I said, he's everyone's favorite. In case you don't know who the fuck I'm talking about, we talking about the one only that still might be one of the hardest, still might be one of the hardest ship like and hip hop when that's to come on. I had so much fun doing research for this interview, watching the documentary, uh, watching your old interviews, watch it, listening to the old music. It's like you are sincerely a god of hip hop man, man.
Speaker 5: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: Well, first things first, I gotta get this off my chest because I carried it on my there it a long time and I don't want to go too deep into it. But but this between me and you, it's personal. It was up and smoke to it, and it reached out.
Speaker 5: Your hand to me.
Speaker 6: And I was in the middle of my addiction, in the middle of a bad trip, and so I don't remember everything perbade him, but I know I was fucked up in it.
Speaker 1: So old you in a polymy. No, no, no, no, no, let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. No, You've been such inspiration and to tell you the truth, you are legend you. You can't you guys. If it wasn't for you guys doing what y'all did, I don't think the Queen's Bridge slash left rock sound would even be invented, you know what I'm saying, because of like like, like I said, watching the documentary and going through all of this and seeing seeing your relentless list. Like there was one part of the documentary, by the way, I cried twice. I cried twice. There was one part though, where Drey just looked in the camera and Dre said, you can't give it away, but Dre says something that you want all of your friends to say, like you want I cried to the TV, Like, I'm sitting there, my barber's cutting my hair and he's like, wait minute, because he fills the tears, so I guess he's not. He don't want to look at me because he looking like, holy shit, this thing of nooy. He's really sitting here crying. And I love that friendship of yalls, Like how did y'all develop that relationship? You and Dre?
Speaker 5: It's uh, it's a musical. He's the music.
Speaker 6: I'm the words, bro mm hm, I am the words. What he is it's the music. Wow, And so that you can't you know what I'm saying. And this is when before the world knew who he was. I knew who he.
Speaker 3: Was world, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: But it's it's the sound. It's the quality of the sound that he produces. It's not the actual production to beat making. It's the engineering. It's that when you're in the studio.
Speaker 1: With the good doctor. I like you call him a good doctor.
Speaker 6: That's the sound that day. It's because you ain't gotta go wait till they get mixed. The matter, none of that high sound in that moment. That's it, and it's never gonna change. It's gonna be that dope all the way through, you know, and I always respected him uh immensely for that, for that skill set, I couldn't leave.
Speaker 5: It, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: That's why even after what happened to me happened, I stayed up under that sound, right, because if I could stay close to this sound, I still got these words.
Speaker 5: I might not have the voice to go with it, you know.
Speaker 1: But you know that was like, like like I was saying earlier, it's like I heard that you said that you wanted to you gave up certain times. But the outside is looking in. We never saw that part of you. We always we only get to see. I don't know if it's the.
Speaker 3: Part that was presented or it's just that much.
Speaker 1: Of a hero, you know. What I'm saying is that we we didn't see the vulnerability part of you, Like you know what I'm saying. So was that something that you was hiding or that was like some of you did on purpose?
Speaker 5: No? Bro, that thank you.
Speaker 6: That's just that's just me as a as a human being, right right. I never get the show but those sides because it's never about me, right, It's always about.
Speaker 1: My guys, G O, D, not not the DC.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, that's ultimate.
Speaker 6: But back in those days, it's always about Snoop, Snoop and dre Right and so my roles it is just to be in the back.
Speaker 5: And I'm cool with that, sipping on yat. You know, listen.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for this documentary to actually finally come out because I thought, I swear to God, I'm not gassing you up because you here. I thought that straight out of confident, was like nothing could be better than that, right, And I'm sitting back, I'm like, this is no other thing story, no other story, And then you want to tect to me. You're like, wait a minute, it gets better. You can only imagine.
Speaker 3: I mean, I didn't get to watch it, but there's so many layers to your story, going all the way back to Texas.
Speaker 5: Bro it is.
Speaker 6: And I used to be humble about the ship, but I'm starting to get.
Speaker 1: You know, we're gonna be cocky for you and jump for the record. We've been trying to get you, you know, I've been trying for a long time. Hold on before you even go, Before you go, because our show was about giving people they fly. Snoop said that when he got his flowers just better than getting the Grammy because it comes for his people. We want to give your flowers face to face.
Speaker 7: Man, man, man, you mean so much hours yes, let me tell you, you mean so much, not just to west coast, not just to the south, not to the east, to the whole case.
Speaker 1: Like I can't pitch a hip hop without you. Wow, It's like I literally can't. Like I believe your first word was eighty seven, eighty seven, eighty seven. I was born in seventy seven, so my memory it's always like they you always existed. So I cannot pitch a hip hop without you, like, like for real, you're a real, real legend, my brother. Let's just talk about the documentary without giving up every day, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, but we can talk about the story.
Speaker 3: We don't have to refer the story to the film. We're here to talk about.
Speaker 5: Story documentary itself. Jen Foe God three hip hop documentary all time, yep. And it might not be.
Speaker 6: Two or three, you know what I'm saying, because it's it is hip hop. I'm the vehicle, but that story is about it hip hop. That's why it goes up through New York up and that it travels like hip hop.
Speaker 5: Did you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I love the fact apartment because you I love the fact that you even brung the doctors in, like you know, when you was checking the a voidable code of course and things like that. I love that you didn't even hide that, like you just you wanted people to know your real life because.
Speaker 6: It's still an option. Why there's still a lives with that, you know. Then I think happened and that's a whole another bar of ones. But so I'm still living at this There's some changes I want to make and at the end, because I want to do something for easy, I didn't get a chance to do when they that should happened. That that happened because his his widow reached out to me and started talking to me in vacuuming my master's back.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, wow wow. You said something an interview and you said, the thing about the documentary is that a fifty year old white man from Arkansas, from anywhere in the world could relate to it. I'm telling you everybody can relate. I'm telling you, I'm telling you that that documentary is not just a hippy it's a it's a never give up, it's a it's a it's a fucking inspirational said life documentary. But it's like it's like, yo, you're a litless list. You're like you're even say your even way to say, you know what, I was one of the biggest stars in the world. I lost my voice, but I'm not gonna lose my intentions. I'm gonna pay a team player. Like that ship was just so I was good sponsors coming through me. I'm just whoa because most people once they get the place of being Michael Jordan's they don't want to be talked Scottie Pippen, they don't want to go to but you not only it was like you chose that role. He was like, you know what, I can't be the player the more, but I'm gonna be there. And I'm pining the hardest rhymes ever because.
Speaker 6: Because I want my guys to win. Man, I want them. I want them to win. Even if I can't win, somebody gonna win. And and snoop, you could tell the character of a man he is because they always give it back, like he never goes nowhere without speaking me, lifting me up. And if I needed him and called me to be there, you know, and like jo d Bless me Bro. He put me in the grade spot to be a with thero and learn some real he lessons in his life, you know. And so that's why I'm now. I tell folks, it's a it's a god thing, it's not a doc thing. I'm trying to position myself for hip hop, not the first fifty because the first fifty.
Speaker 5: Was fucked up.
Speaker 6: The next fifty when we get to win, when them billions come to us the creators and float to our people on the way we wanted to right And we don't have enough of that going on now.
Speaker 5: But now that we got this awareness, now that we got understanding, now that we got opportunities like this show, then we can bless our folks. Ain't growing this thing in this money game just like you know they have, you know what I mean. And it's next fifty for me.
Speaker 6: It's about going back to the same projects I came from.
Speaker 1: Dallas, Dallas ballas.
Speaker 6: And making sure that what Dallas for work, making sure that those babies have an opportunity to win, Bro, because they're living in them streets right now.
Speaker 5: They're living.
Speaker 6: The movies we wrote in our records, but they're not living and with honor the way we act. If there's no honor, then you can't trust nobody. You just out there in the wild West again like fuck everything and every and we lose them like that. Man, we can't lose these boys like that.
Speaker 5: We need them. You know what I mean? What if Trump do allow I'm just playing.
Speaker 9: I don't want to go ahead them sneaks is horrible, horrible.
Speaker 5: All them go. Yeah, that's what he's said. You know what I man?
Speaker 6: So you you want and they and they just somebody just read somewhere they they just signed the bill uh in Louisiana that allows them boys eighteen.
Speaker 1: Years or you have top to carry your seals. You can't even bot a cigarettes eighteen Yeah, man, you can buy a guy.
Speaker 5: What what is the purpose? Who are the people and why they ain't not on TV?
Speaker 6: Let me see what they look like like because I'm not getting the game and that because you already know what's gonna happen, right right, You already know what's gonna happen there.
Speaker 5: If one of these young boys is in school and another one of them little boys run past them and popping in is out one good time, He's not.
Speaker 6: Gonna even square up. He's gonna get up and run to the lock up. No, why because the ain't.
Speaker 5: Not fighting no more. Bro.
Speaker 6: Now you're out of there, and then you lost two lives or three or four behind buy some ignorant shit. And so, you know, with all due respect to the to the program, I don't want to be you know, but yeah, man, it's it's really important to me to get out there and make that stance right. I was talking to the k R s UH in Dallas just a week ago. We were sitting there right along the podcast, you know, in Dallas, me and Ka har Rests. I'm doing some work on the podcast, and we would start having this conversation like we gotta get out there and do what we can to get our young men back on track.
Speaker 1: There's no, it's not a lot of leaders anymore. We don't have a lot.
Speaker 5: No, we went. We went from the Martin Luther King era right to the Frankie Lucas era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to doctor Umar.
Speaker 5: I've seen Omar there for one time. I don't want to. I don't want to tell nobody me sneak up on you.
Speaker 1: They have on beads.
Speaker 5: No, but yeah, he was a cool brother, you know. I don't want to, but.
Speaker 1: I think about it, I can't think of Doctor Umar flying the White airline. You can tell me he was a white I'm disappointed, Doctor, He's supposed to be on black air waves. So I'm gonna tell you one of my favorite, well some of my favorite stories of a hip hop period is when I hear anybody who was involved in the chronic talking about those sessions. Now, obviously we interview Snoop, we interviewed Dazz and Corrupt, right, and Dazz and Corrupt and Snoop came from like a rookie point of view where basically they were like and even Snoop to a certain extent, but Stop said it was you and him really pinning most of it. But you, like, doctor Dre is different from Snoop and different from Dazz and Corrupt because you know what these records can get veterans. You know, how was those sessions like with you? And it wasn't as fun as as as well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, that was you know, because I knew what was gonna happen, right, and in the early days, I thought it was gonna be my money too, you know, But you knew what them boys was doing and if you fucking with dre Man nine ninety nine, nine point nine, nine nine, You're gonna win. It's difficult not to win with with with him doing. But nobody was like Snoop Snoop was what what what slick Rick was?
Speaker 5: Today's Snoop was that for them? Nobody had that, you know, That's why I was.
Speaker 6: It was so apropos that he did lotty dotty because that's what he was.
Speaker 3: On his first album, was on his first album, and it made so much sense. It was like perfect, Yeah, he was a genius.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm not lie from deep Cover. When I first heard deep Cover, I knew Snoop was different. I knew he was this ship. I just didn't know that he would be wound up being the most famous rapper on earth. Like I love the Boar where you keep saying, you say to the kids, you'd be like, y'all know who DC is, and they're like, uh, he is like the most famous rapper. It is like there's no place on earth Snoop can't go.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I mean, Snoop is a he is a marketing genius. He ain't turning down no checks. He gonna gonna get it.
Speaker 5: What you said but how did.
Speaker 1: You see that in the beginning, because obviously y'are dealing with a diamond in the rough, Like it wasn't like he came out and was polished. So what was it?
Speaker 3: Dre told you about this thought? And then yeah, and you're seeing him on the level as an MC. I'm sure at first it's just as an MC. You're like, I can respect this.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean I got to help him, right, But Dre heard him. He said, that's the guy. I said, Okay, that's what we're gonna do, you know, and follow the league, play my role in this movie. Sit down with him and take him through structures.
Speaker 1: And because you told him how to do sixteens.
Speaker 6: Make him money? Well yeah, because he was right. He was just wrapped for thirty minutes and shit, and you know, it's cool. It's cool here, then they get cool again here. Then now you're just wrapping some ship and then he get cool right here. You need to remove all the ifs and speak to the meat that at work. And and he figured that shit out by the time he got to.
Speaker 5: His record was ship. I couldn't tell him shit.
Speaker 6: You know, he was flying U and I was happy to be on the ride with him.
Speaker 1: Now, was sure your bodyguard at first?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This is the holl Yeah all right, So you're telling me, I don't know if you call.
Speaker 6: It a bodyguard because he was taking now you know what I mean about, ain't nobody trying to fuck with me? But sure was was a friend and coming from from Dallas to uh to California, going from nothing to everything.
Speaker 1: Right, even though you went from Dallas to Confton, he moved into continent right over.
Speaker 6: But I'm saying, didn't nobody give a fuck who I was in Dallas By the time I got to tell, everybody thought I was the coldest thing since sliced bread, you know, and Sugar started hanging out taking me to clubs at at twenty years old. You're not supposed to get in what you get You going in and Eddie Murphy's over there and Prince's over there. You start filling that vibe when the record start hitting and then that alcohol start kicking in. Then that's why you might have thought he was my bodyguard. I'd go in there to be a woman over there, but she would a guy. But I don't care, you know, I'll go over there and do.
Speaker 1: Some raunchy shit because they took they said, do you yourself d o C dropping off cock?
Speaker 9: Okay, I shouldn't standing up.
Speaker 5: Job.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but what well.
Speaker 5: That's not that's not a thousand, but it's close close enough.
Speaker 6: You know, we was, we was getting it in back then. But still them boys didn't want to let me play.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: But you said something one time, you said, it's some doors. Ye, I'm not a door guy. I didn't go to the door either, because I'm already on that all. If I go through that door, it's gonna be a whole lot of.
Speaker 6: Because I'm not gonna lie to accept none of that. It's gonna be a proper.
Speaker 5: Don't let that again.
Speaker 1: You you you Yeah. But one thing again about the documentary, which is so dope. It's not to only see people give you your flowers and give you your praises, but to see how many people are actually your fans. Like I've never seen Imminem like be vulnerable like that. I've never seen doctor Drake smile like that. Like you can tell like he really like like you his brother, like like it had nothing to do with blood. You can just tell, like the way he talks about you. Everything is just like I love I love that people are not afraid to give you your flowers. Do you feel that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Bro, I love that.
Speaker 1: I love it. But it's not the type of character you are, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But when when one of the things that you see when you see that that film is exactly what you've never.
Speaker 5: Seen Drake like that, right, I never seen the mother. Brother's happy, But how did that happen?
Speaker 6: And so I know in his heart he's happy because he can see this guy might be finally getting to that stage where he's gonna stand up and take care of his business, right you know? So it's that big brother shit. But you've seen anything. Even when he started talking ship, I'm right there.
Speaker 5: I love ship.
Speaker 1: Hello, and he wanted to he.
Speaker 5: Want to play me about that?
Speaker 1: Listen, y'all, I haven't watched this on your job? When is this dropping? When is this coming?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: What I'm still dealing with.
Speaker 6: I'm still dealing with the with the see it now, you gotta be very careful.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: I'm not a door guy, you know what I mean? And so I gotta figure out what what rush the door? You know what I'm saying, Because it's important. It's an important film. Not just for me and nigga boing my I'm I'm West Dallas. Nigga tryna get my bearings back and and and make this life mean some shit right Other than this, nigga can rap her.
Speaker 5: But you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I got a seven year old son and a nine year old son, and Jill d waited til I became a man, m to give me those gifts, cause I understand that in order for them to become a man, they have to see a man m.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So I have to be a man that means those things that I those childish things. I gotta let that shit go. You know, all the the the playing games for females a well, now all the playing games.
Speaker 5: Not show you know better, you know, being a a righteous father.
Speaker 6: And not just for my son, my sons, because it's a lot of sons that don't have nothing, you know what I mean, trying to represent for them where I come from, because that to me, it's just.
Speaker 5: Is just super important.
Speaker 6: When I start trying to do work in the community, man and understanding what these young boys is doing out there, and I said, will blow your mind.
Speaker 5: Bro, and you wonder how hot the hell? Well what what?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: It's just fucking nuts and what you thinking?
Speaker 1: What's going on now? Yeah? Yeah, like even people making disreconds, that's actually recons that's kill kill you record. Yeah. I never thought thought it'd be that's that's it.
Speaker 6: But that's that bullshit. That that's that ego ship. Everybody want to be what Saint Jordan's don't. Nobody want to be Scotty. Everybody want to be the biggest, baddest, you know, wolf wolf.
Speaker 3: It's like brainwashedh it to think that this is the route to take that, to go public with these crazy things, doing these things you're talking about, it.
Speaker 5: Gets you popular.
Speaker 1: It's why these.
Speaker 6: Boys don't think about where you're gonna be at in five years. That's what If you ask them that that that'll be the hardest question in they like to answer because they don't think that far. They think you can go out and shoot the motherfucker on Tuesday, and next week they'll do shit again. And that's I don't understand that once you start playing those games, that that life is different, man, you know I man, and you might not never make it back to these Now I'm giving these kids jews from this experience because driving with that all in me and reckon out on that freeway, that shit took almost thirty years from me before I got back to a space where I can, you know, handle some business. You know, but I keep telling you it's g O D thing.
Speaker 3: But look at do me a favor though, humor meaning let's take it back, because I want I want to get into the meat and potato of how you got to hear go back to Texas, feel a fresh crew is starting? How do you how does that connect to Ruthless Records? How does how do you become an m C? How does that connect to Ruthless Records?
Speaker 1: Because I've seen an interview with Easy said he was part of a rack crew. I was like, damn, bro, that's how he ad. That's just he was talking about.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, and we went we weren't the best.
Speaker 1: He was hard like that.
Speaker 6: But uh yeah, So the DJ that group was dude that was on the radio. He used to be in the in the same DJ crew that Drake came.
Speaker 1: From Working crew. Yeah, really okay, when.
Speaker 5: It was just DJs Florida before they.
Speaker 1: Started, when there was wearing the shiny Jackets Jackets. They didn't make it till that level because that was and they was good already.
Speaker 6: So when he made it to Dallas, he had a lot of their underground records, and he made their underground music god in Dalla Dallas. And then when they visited Dallas, dre heard me. He was like, bro, you just shit. If you was in La we'll be rich. And I was like, shit, let's.
Speaker 5: Let's steal it.
Speaker 1: Let's go get the guys judging your musical for the FEEDO crew. Yeah, okay, continue, but he's singling you out and the crew.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because when I said let's go get the other guys, he was like, nah, I ain't talking about.
Speaker 1: That because you wouldn't because it just feel the fresh crew in here.
Speaker 6: But but I was like, nah, I came. I mean, now, hey, hell no, I can't just go to California.
Speaker 5: They gonna lay my.
Speaker 1: Because I think that partner's interested about that is you not only moved to California, but you moved to Compton, which you said, I believe you described it as a beautiful place in the daytime, but nighttime all home.
Speaker 3: But that's how early in the development of Ruthless that you moved in like basically with them.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah, it was a It was a motherfucker because I'm not a bro.
Speaker 6: I'm not a thug dude, That's never been my I'm a writer. I'm an artist for real, man. Yeah, I love and breed to be good at that, you know what I mean. And so when I went out there and them boys started, you know, I'm gonna do what I can to help y'all. I knew that you're never gonna be able to get where you can. You're never gonna be able to be all that you can be unless you can get this stuff that you're doing on the radio. So I can write the kind of songs fright Eric that are funny.
Speaker 1: And be easy for people who don't know.
Speaker 6: That are that are funny and entertaining that won't scare white folks.
Speaker 5: You know, they're they'll laugh. I wanna. And so that's that was my job.
Speaker 1: So you came up with kind of making him a character in a child because you you easy does it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, easy does it? Yeah? Easy does it?
Speaker 1: And the playful rhymes, the way he played loud.
Speaker 5: Okay, I do a motherfucking walk by, you know, just funny ship in a way that the gang uh street guys were respected and Easy could carry it because he's not faking he Oh yeah, oh, he's one thousand percent.
Speaker 1: I never got to me Easy, and I never got to be Tupac.
Speaker 5: Tupac was a real one too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sh you never got that close, real.
Speaker 5: Real ship talker.
Speaker 6: He talked ship to me all the time, but he waited till I had the wreck and start stalking that ship. He first time I met him, he was he was still dancing for uh Underground right he was in He was in a limo, and then then we rode from the limo to the I was performing with those guys. My single just came out, performing in Kansas City or somewhere.
Speaker 5: We rode in the limo. Got never said two words to me. You know. Now, fast forward after my wreck thing happened.
Speaker 6: He and mc breed we're really good friends and uh direct didn't happened to chronicle all the uh that stuff has happened, and we in at Atlanta. I think this is when he around the time he getting into it with the police and tearing up Itchy bond over Breed all of that stuff and he, uh, I'm at Brede's house and he flies in died for some brother man. They finally ran your ass. I forgot that. I didn't like that. That made me mad, you know. Yeah it's true, you know, Uh, but Nigga not in him good? Uh but no he was Uh, he was a little ship talking. But he had a he had a heart of gold, you know, and a solid brother.
Speaker 5: And and I have similarities in that seminis. Yeah, and now we're we're great writers and thinkers and good good on the inside and shouldn't And it was in that space what we shouldn't have been, right, you know, those aren't our people. We shouldn't have been in the middle of.
Speaker 1: That, right now, do you do there's there's there's something found what he just said. No, I know that there's something that I wanted to reiterated. Think about the No Bazanline record. Rice Scool comes out with this record.
Speaker 5: The.
Speaker 1: Greatest inside of it.
Speaker 3: At that point, yeah, well, did you feel like I gotta go petitive this back?
Speaker 5: I was like ni.
Speaker 3: Because it never n w A never did a full dis It was only just some shots in some songs.
Speaker 1: But but but Benedict Donald, I think was the one. But did. Did anybody from the crew get mad at you? Like why he ain't say your name? Another one?
Speaker 5: Because there was.
Speaker 1: Because every everybody if this drink chest and they don't this e f N. I think you got something going on.
Speaker 5: I think you knew because he had come to the hospital and seeing oh wow wow, he knew it'd be like trying to beat up a handicapped kid at that point, so he just told their ass other than I. But I was so happy about that because he hate.
Speaker 3: Breakfast, you know, the greatest record his.
Speaker 9: Music from the first line the last. You don't let up on none of them.
Speaker 1: But this is a famous argument that we had on drink chefs. Well, he famously had man, we're gonna bring it up here. Yes, he famously had it. And this ice cube or Biggie Smalls. That wasn't the way it started to I hate Did you hear about this argument? What did you think of this argument? Well, if I'm being honest, you have to be pleased.
Speaker 6: That's a hard one, bro, because they are too the greatest storytellers ever, but they're telling.
Speaker 1: Him in different ways, in different ways.
Speaker 6: And see I'm a MC and so the white Big Swing is me in a competition. I can compete with that the ship that you'll be doing, I can't compete with that ship because he's doing it in a way that that's unfamiliar to me. And it's always that furnst line and in any of the songs where he added it's the first time you know on yeah, you know he's gonna tell your ass up from that first goddamn line. God damn, I'm glad y'all said it. I'll say, you already know some shit.
Speaker 1: I gonna lie. I think that was the quietest I've ever been in Drink Champ's history, because I had no opinion.
Speaker 3: I just left them again to set the record strat. It wasn't what you're saying. He just asked me. Tony asked me who was my favorite? I said it Cube was always my favorite. And then he just took offense to Q being my favorite and then throw Biggie. And then that's when we started going back.
Speaker 1: Because I understand both arguments. I clearly understand both arguments. Like if you're from East Coast, when Biggie came out, there is very few moments other than when Eddie Murphy came out that it was just a Chris due Locke like, and we literally couldn't hear nothing else but Biggie on the New York side, including anybody into hip hop. This is anything else but Biggie. But I was too young to actually fill the first version of ice Cube Wave.
Speaker 3: So that's the reason why I was like, I was a diehard fan. Listen, I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 1: Before I met West Coast hip hop, I was scared of all West Coast artists because y'all described the shit. I thought Compton was a jail straight out of Compton. I was like, wait a minute. I was like, I don't want to be locked up here. Like I was like, yo, what the fuck? But because it was so different from the East Coast that when you described it, it was like Holy ship. Like when just just hearing the description of.
Speaker 3: West Coast, they changed hip hop the way that they came out and conveyed that emotion that hadn't been done in hip hop's in my opinion, and just going back to the ice Cube thing, my favorite groups of the time were n w A and Public Enemy. When Q belize and it's with the Bomb Squad that's it. It's solidified for me, who my favorite MC at that time was.
Speaker 5: Right, there's a lot of synergy between Yeah.
Speaker 1: To me, it's the same opposite side to respect.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: And they had the same energy.
Speaker 5: Dre and I every single morning on the way to the studio listened to her. It takes a nation.
Speaker 1: Every get me. Wow. Wow, that's that's that's that's great.
Speaker 6: It was that same energy from from their perspective. That's why I had that. And it was supposed to go that way. But the machine, the door guys.
Speaker 1: The fucking door guy store guys got it.
Speaker 6: And said we can do it like this and it'll do that, and we bought that shitty Crush Groove is my favorite movie of all time. Right, it's when Galaxy Records came. Galaxy Records all mofucker.
Speaker 5: Man. I wanted to beat ship out there, whoever the guy was that played Galaxy Records in the movie, because he still run away from Russell in the movie. And that's what the game got shitted on.
Speaker 1: Man. You know, I heard you say in the interview as well. He said Easy and Sugar went through the same thing, and I thought that was so deep because I don't think I think Easy, I think Sugar. Example, was easy to the fact that if what you're saying is true, that means that Shure didn't learn from Easy. He took easies as like whatever. But most street those are the two street gangsters that I knew, you know, in the industry. I mean not no, like no. But what I'm saying is I knew about.
Speaker 3: Easy was that was a powerful thing, like what y'all was doing.
Speaker 1: And then death Row. I had never seen that neither you to be a part of both fucking movements. The world hadn't seen what de Throw created. The world didn't see what n w A created, but you can you can see the environment that the music was created death Row. I had never seen so much power at one point. At one point, I remember meeting me going to meet Leo Cohens one time through the guard. He was in Vegas and Leo cohmes, he meets me and he goes, I just set.
Speaker 3: Fro guice really like, you know, because I'm on my own dick at the time. I'm like, wait, death Row guys, so whatever. Every one of them had a presidential and I was just like, at the time, I didn't know what that shit meant, but I knew what he was saying.
Speaker 1: He was like, no, normal, you don't understand. It's most of the time it's one Rowlex or it's one He's like every fucking person walking with death Row had a new fucking Rolex. He said, he ran out the way. This is what you think because he wanted that for every death Jam artist. Is that what I believe he did. I believe he didn't want that, and I believe that that was the first time you see like black power. Like I don't know if it was abused because I wasn't privileged to be around that much. But I remember that, and I remember and this is not no racial thing, but I remember, this is the most powerful white man in the industry. And he looked at me like, joh, let's not go downstairs right now, like the death real guys just walked by.
Speaker 5: I was like, what, no, no, bro, he was a small guy to get that ship.
Speaker 1: A little bit and maybe a young dumb full of come from the hood. I'm not even respecting it. But boy, but I had no winds. I did not know that. But what I'm saying is.
Speaker 5: Some of the things that I have seen, right, my brother, what So.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is because this is what I want to ask. We got to get it. You got to see you got to see easy one of the most powerful black street guys. It's very important for us to say, you know, street not because of maybe not the education, but for where he came from. Here, because it's possible that a street guy right now can do it and do it right.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: Then you got Shug who actually kind of wasn't a street guy. It was a college guy that actually got some street education and from the streets wore up right two different opposites and ended up the same exact work.
Speaker 6: You know what, bro, you just added a level to it to that I hadn't even thought of a right and and that's the hell of a point, you know, because I don't know shoes DNA, I don't know his story real I hear it the same way that other both do.
Speaker 5: I know that he's a thrill and twenty five dog out there.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 5: You know, Yeah, he's not mad, he's not scared. He's gonna make it, do what to do.
Speaker 6: But I don't want no point from none of that ship, you know, unless I'm loaded, and.
Speaker 5: Then let's go get it. But the difference between he and Eric.
Speaker 1: That's easy bigger itself up from heaven right now? Yeah? Yeah, call me Easy, I call me Eric.
Speaker 3: Do you see difference between easy and it?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 6: Sure Easy was quiet, but just as powerful. Sure was flashy with his power. He wanted you to know it, but Eric wouldn't. Didn't want you to unless you had to know it. But you know he was because he was getting it and you gotta show it.
Speaker 1: Off because he didn't want to even wrap originally. Right. Is that true?
Speaker 5: Well, that's what they said, because.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what I've heard a bunch of times. They was like clowning them to get into the booth.
Speaker 5: He didn't have any rap skills at all.
Speaker 1: I love that. His rhythm was horrible, but he had charisma.
Speaker 5: Character. That's right, that voice and that it that you gotta have to be a and authenticity.
Speaker 1: That's right or what he was talking about.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: Because one line he said, ice Cube writes the romes down. I didn't know how hard that line was, so I got older. I was like, he said, you.
Speaker 6: Said, I had no idea he was gonna say that.
Speaker 1: I really want to say, I'm not gonna fake it on the record.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you exactly what's going on, right, And you know what, it's crazy. I don't think there's no one in this world that don't look at Easy as over see. I know everyone listen, he told that to our face. He didn't he wasn't behind the back.
Speaker 6: And they arguing about all of these guys and the trade something of these kind of that where he can't be this because they all love it easiest the one, you know. But that's that's the nature of this. That's why I try never to get into those those colors conversations because you notice this game, nor yet the artists. We stand on the shoulders and those that came before us, nobody. You can't be those that came after me. You can't be the greatest without me, So we the greatest someone.
Speaker 3: It's a collective, it's a colue over the hell you are true, But hold up you saying and I want to clarify because you said that they ended up in the same place, Sugar and Easy.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by that? Because he pretty much like you know, came to power and then you know, lost their power. That's what Because we really don't know what would have happened with easy had he survived. That's true.
Speaker 5: See doctor Dre was the keeting everything, so.
Speaker 3: You think that's it. Once Dre left, what happened? You don't think they would have ever amended their their problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they did. Talks about seeing easy in New York at the club. I think I think even even in the movie, didn't they say that Dre him at the hospital.
Speaker 6: Orth Yeah, yeah, I'm sure that they would have figured they started out, yeah at the end of the day, but but now business is vass Or is different.
Speaker 5: You can't go back to that.
Speaker 1: So you're saying it could have been another record besides Grand Finale. I would have loved this too.
Speaker 3: Then we can't forget Ren and a part of that equation such an incredible as well.
Speaker 1: You know what, I wanted to see easy E with a Twitter, easy E on Instagram. He might not a humor social media Nah, I think he would. I think I think he would have been I think I think he would have decision.
Speaker 5: He didn't have made a dollar.
Speaker 1: And I notice is kind of a cliche to say right now, right because most people when they're making history, they kind of don't know they're making history or sometimes it's kind of like you do you do know it from the n WA days, Did you know you was a part of the most iconic group that thirty five years later, people is still the same exact way it's like, and people are still saying the same exact message. It's still fuck the police thirty five years later.
Speaker 5: I knew, we didn't know. I knew, bro, I knew. See. Most think the gift is in my pen, but it's in my ears.
Speaker 6: Oh, same as d thinks it's in its production. And it's engineering. That's what the that's what the magic is. So anybody, anybody can make a head record.
Speaker 5: Anybody can we know, consistent making great ship, consistent quality. Yeah, you have to have quality control. And that's hard for niggas that don't give a fuck about quality. They just give a fuck about.
Speaker 6: Making sure that you don't disrespect them or they look a certain way, or it's the stuff they talking about. But Dre is an animal when it when it comes to quality control. But those aren't rumors when they say you'll be in there behind that microphone, not hours on a word on a word he said. Now, when I put the script on his ass and got him in.
Speaker 1: There that you don't like that, But.
Speaker 5: He taught me that you.
Speaker 3: Probably the only one who could do that to him. Though I think he don't like it, that's good, that's great.
Speaker 5: He does not like it.
Speaker 1: I bet you the vocals come out good. That's right, that's what we want.
Speaker 6: And uh uh, but I've seen them boys grow into great iconic figures and I'm I'm extremely blessed that I call them guys and my brothers right and to have been on that journey with them man and go through that learning process. But but ship, I'm ready for mine now. You know, I love my guys, but I'm trying. I'm trying to make some new dealc ship starting with that film right then going into these communities with these schools and these programs.
Speaker 5: Then more mut.
Speaker 6: Music, whether I had an operation M or just use this AI opportunity. You know, I haven't figured that out yet.
Speaker 1: AI opportunity saying like use the AI for little bit his penant. He'll he could even say if lady was trying to do that, Yeah, I heard that too.
Speaker 5: I think cigarettes out to me about that. Yeah yeah, and uh, you know, everybody feel this way.
Speaker 6: They feel that way, but it's not possible for me unless I get those masters back. So when the lady called and said she was interested in giving me my master's back, it seemed like a g O.
Speaker 1: D thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, you ain't gotta go get cut on it. If you you want it back that bad, I'll give it to you. You know, trying to tell me that this voice is important.
Speaker 6: You need to keep this one because when you talk now, motherfuckers are doing this trying to what the fuck you gotta say. And so I'm gonna take it advantage of that that opportunity and and do the right thing with it. But artistically, it's much more important for me to see if I could do in Dallas for what I did, and Dallas for worth of what what I helped do in l A. That's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 1: It's a legacy thing for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I ain't got the money yet, but uh, I got my mind back. I mean, that's the most important thing. I don't you know, I don't consume.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: I try to stay away from all things for that now. Now will smoke a little bit, which I will smoke it, uh, but you know, I lead other stuff along because it's a detriment to me and other folks that have struggled with that stuff. I try to, uh, you know, be responsible enough to be a light for other people that might be going through that same ship that I had to go through, because it's not gonna help you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: If you're run him from some ship trying to.
Speaker 6: Find it in a bottle or in them pills or or that that that that yeah yo, or whatever you're fucking.
Speaker 1: With, just be honest a poison.
Speaker 5: I in love what.
Speaker 6: You know, whatever you're doing it, you're only gonna get past about by by facing your demon right whatever.
Speaker 1: That is. Another one, let's talk about Future Shock right. That was the name of the label before Death Row Right and then and at that time when it was called Future Shot, I believe it was you, Dre and Shock as partners.
Speaker 6: It was me and Dre's company on the thirty five percent apiece. Okay, uh, there was h thirty percent left and Sugar and Dick Griffy where that where to split.
Speaker 1: That that that Harry came after that, yeah, okay, so so Sugar Dick Griffy took the other half.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, by the time Ireo came Sugar and Drake took it a haul, and and and when they did their business with uh, with Jimmy.
Speaker 1: With Jimmy, and what was your relationship with Jimmy. He's the only one I didn't see it in the documentary.
Speaker 6: I think Jimmy is a great guy. He's been He's been a real positive uh influence on Dre right and helping him get to where he is today. Right they made He's helped my my guy make big as the dollars, right. And so I can't get anybody a lot for Jimmy, you know.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: And i'ma I'm gonna stick. I'm gonna stick with that story.
Speaker 1: I kind of I kind of felt like Jimmy was special when when Dre left right and it was said because I mean, obviously I'm not in the business like that, it was said that he left millions behind, like when he left death Row, he left millions behind, but he chose to leave, but he chose to stick with Jimmy's right. I knew that they had a special type of relationship. I knew that Jimmy had to make whatever it was with sug right, but he had to make sure that he made sure his golden chob was right, and I remember it was an aftermath project and then it was a Firm project, which I was a part of. I was a part of the Firm project was one of one of the most successful records on the Firm projects. You can look it up. You can look it up. I remember, I remember, like I mean, recording with Dre at that time, and you know, he was recorded with a bunch of East Coast guys nas A Z. Kimmels around.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I believe, no, I don't think he was around that, and I believe it was like Dre's like like I don't want to call it purgatory, but it's like somewhere where like you know, it wasn't he wasn't. He wasn't. He was getting it together still. It's getting together still. And I just remember him sticking with Jimmy, and I remember there's something special about that relationship. There's something because most people, like with the strict situation, he would have blamed. Most people were blamed Jimmy as well.
Speaker 3: Because he wasn't in business with both of them at the same time, but both of them.
Speaker 1: But the fact that Drake didn't and it was like I'm gonna move on, but I'm gonna move on with you. I knew that Jimmy was bro.
Speaker 6: It ain't want to see you know, and you know what was going on in that But sure that created this world, but he controlled it. Dude said, content is like prison, and really going to that studio every day it was being like being on the yard. You know you bro, it was it was rough. They was in there looking like they was ready to bench press eight thousand pounds.
Speaker 5: And ready to just do whatever going on.
Speaker 1: Because I know this blood. I mean remember the Warren g story alone. I don't remember you ever seeing you wear rat at all. Look like you, brother, I don't remember you ever seeing you wear rat.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I wear red. Oh you know, Mom'm just a gu'ma I'm a good nigga. Ray I can go. I can go anywhere. Yes, I go to I go to content. If I'm in, if I'm on one side, they call me d oc. If I'm on the other side, they call me d o B. I answered, everybody, it's all good because I never going to I never understood that.
Speaker 1: That uh, the politics and.
Speaker 6: Mentality the way the way they did. I was raised in Dallas, Texas, man we.
Speaker 1: Did in the projects.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we didn't get out like that, right, you.
Speaker 1: Know we was in gang banging going on.
Speaker 5: Well, when I left, there wasn't banging.
Speaker 1: Right until I came back. Yeah, or when I came blood and gripping.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen to the ice cue Summer vacation, right. Oh, I always saying this shod the movie of that doll explain everything.
Speaker 6: I left Dallas in eighty seven, eighty eight. When I came back with a finished record in eighty nine, when I left, it looked like everybody looked like Hudiny. When I came back, everybody looked like Easy, the whole.
Speaker 1: Fucking city era.
Speaker 5: It was like a cultural shock and shit, I was like, what the fuck did happened?
Speaker 1: Like these people haven't changed with me. You were to call and they went to Collon too.
Speaker 5: I came back. I thought I was messing with They all looked like me, and.
Speaker 1: We was all trying to look like Eric Easy.
Speaker 6: But what but what you what you said earlier today, uh about that time period is exactly correct, right, that hip hop is still in that same spot, and Easy is still the prototype for every hip hop commercially successful artist that's in the game.
Speaker 5: Ninety nine point nine percent of them today.
Speaker 1: Right. I mean if you listen to what you guys was waiting for Easy and you listen to Trill, your other father of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen to Trill music now Cbe was no, No, you gotta take that part too.
Speaker 1: No, I tell you that you gotta take that part to Cube was.
Speaker 5: The spirit but in w A that's why it had a revolutionary.
Speaker 1: Right on Cube lift Easy.
Speaker 5: Is just a thug just want to talk about murder, death, guil.
Speaker 6: They don't give a fuck who dies, And so that's wh it turned into that and that's what the world was built up off of.
Speaker 5: And at least as far the music is concerned.
Speaker 3: But I mean had a little revolutionary site. It was just he was way more hardcore about.
Speaker 5: It, right, But Cube was que led led those guys musically artistically. Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: When when when he rolled and we followed the pathy when he left, you know, everybody's just talking about, like I said, murder, death, guil uh rn and started doing uh it's more revolutionary stuff that he did his record and then he could lead this because he was following error. He was following the Easies lead after Cube left.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what's crazy people say that since then that was that's probably like the West the last West Coast on West Coast Beat.
Speaker 5: Or l A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you're game and rast cast but other than ice.
Speaker 3: Cube Verse and and it got got pretty serious with the Lynch Mob and and with n w A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it got pretty serious to step in, right, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: I think farrakhn was a part.
Speaker 1: Of q Cormon and yeah he got involved in that one, yep.
Speaker 5: But but it may have been the hostile on records, but it never made it streets, Yeah, never made it very far. Chase Dreve wasn't trying to and I don't think easy was it was.
Speaker 6: You know, he was still winning, right, you know, he had found the bone guys, right, so he was back in the game, mh. And we was just trying to figure out how we going in where the you go now? Because Cravers, I don't want to say afraid he didn't know what he was gonna do. You know, he didn't want to do a record. He didn't like his voice, you don't like how he sounds. He doesn't think he could carry up a solo record, like yes, you can.
Speaker 1: Just want to be behind the boards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no, bro, you all we.
Speaker 1: Got his name was too big.
Speaker 6: He was the one and don't worry about it. I'm gonna be right here and we don't want to woo. But he didn't feel it. But when Snoop came and uh one, she played a demo which Snoop Yeah.
Speaker 1: Two three, that's warm and g Snoop and.
Speaker 6: Yeah played at a bachelor party for somebody that's crazy, and and the bachelor party loved Snoop. Snoop came to the studio the next day or two and and.
Speaker 5: That was it. You know, it was on after that and they he moved.
Speaker 6: Snoop moved from Long Beach into my house in the valley and we did that for about six months. Then I got kicked out and we all moved into drad But that's how he got made. But we be in that small and dank and somebody will say something and then we'll be back at it.
Speaker 5: You know, it was beautiful. It was beautiful times because it was just a close knit group of friends.
Speaker 1: I can't lie to you when I look at the footage. Are y'all making the chronic and y'all just in the studio and Dre hitting the pianos and y'all just sitting there bullshitting like I just wanted to be a fucking fly on the wall, bro Like, because again, I just asked you this question earlier. Did you know he was making history? He said, you kind of did.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, you had to know him because already what you're accomplished of that.
Speaker 1: Even if that's the case, you might have known you making history and you don't know the grad video is because I mean, you know how it's gonna impact where it's gonna go.
Speaker 5: Well, when you made the chronic you heard just like you heard it.
Speaker 1: I heard it. Imagine that the studio you already know what it was.
Speaker 6: And you went from she Thinks to little Ghetto Boy to raditat Tide and all of these. He was like, Oh, he's finna kill these mother and then Snoop is gonna be matter of fact, one Deep Covered drop. Yeah, he was like, oh man, this shit is over with this nigga's mylan and Dre the video to Deep Covered Trade didn't even want to do the video. I had to trick him to get up in.
Speaker 5: The show and say just give him a.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: He was salted at the mother bird because he didn't want to do the video. By the time you got your ass up there, you lake the back out.
Speaker 8: Now you can kind of see it in his face I think in the video.
Speaker 1: Damn, like he's bitter.
Speaker 5: He was bist want to be there. You had to get him now.
Speaker 3: But that record single handedly was like they set off that whole movement, and it was crazy because it's who is Dre. Everybody knows Dre, and it's this brand new artist being put out there equally with Dre. So that's what makes a crazy impact.
Speaker 6: Everyone's scared to death if you if you look at that, that video so bad as a problem connecting with the camera, the camera because he doesn't know yet.
Speaker 1: All street people, well, let me tell you something. If you from the streets, if you look at anybody that's from the streets, you cannot look at the camera direct because we were taught not to be in front of the cameras, and then we go from not to be in front of the cameras to saying, hey, oh so you're always the most awkward in your first year. So said, I didn't know that. Continue the g Thang video.
Speaker 6: You see it the deep cover video. You see it, but now you're seeing you know what I mean. But he's got he's on him. He's making shrimps with Martha. Now you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's all up there with old Martha. But Martha did the bed though, yeah, Martha Gangster. No, no, yes, I think Martha got a razor on her though. She tried chopping it up with Snoop's got a razor. He motherfucking tongue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she loves you do.
Speaker 8: I want to talk about the Stewart. I want we gotta have on drinks. Whoever you have, you drink?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we got, we got. This is a game we're going there right, let's call it quick time of slop. So we know you're not drinking.
Speaker 3: If you want one of your homies to be a designated drinker.
Speaker 1: You could do that. You have me, okay, all right, Phil Jamie, you gotta fill them up over.
Speaker 5: There, Freddy game, all right, you got Freddie.
Speaker 3: Gang Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. So this is how we play.
Speaker 1: So if you can pick one or the other, if you pick both of you be politically correct, then then then your friend drinks.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna drink. Drink we're gonna leave them out there. You know what I mean, and it is meant to trick you. So both are neither yeah, both or neither answer.
Speaker 1: We're drinking. And by the way, we don't make up these questions. Me and the human guy is the Colombian guy Dominicans, so we don't make up these questions. Okay, by the way, this first one off top. You're gonna drink, sir. We're all drinking a drinking Okay.
Speaker 5: Uh with the drinking.
Speaker 1: We got all kinds of so whatever you want, whatever you want, what do you have them? Okay, we do vodka? Yeah, okay, you ready Jamie, doctor dre or snoop.
Speaker 5: Because I knew you was gonna do that.
Speaker 10: I thought about that because I.
Speaker 1: Might as well bring a couple. Mine is here. I'm gonna drink. I'm gonna drink, you say both, right, you know what. I'm not only drinking to that, but I'm drinking to the love they have for you. Again, I'm not I want to give up the documentary, but I want I want to send people to go watch this motherfucker ship. We should premiere here. I would love, I would love, I would love to let me say something. Let me just say something. It's not it's not today, it's not today. Show show him love. It's the genuineness in their voice. Like when you look at them at that documentary, they proud to be there. You understand what I'm trying to say. They they are happy to lend their time to this legacy.
Speaker 3: Shared legacy and real relationships, real relation that's what people need done this.
Speaker 1: So I gotta tap my hat off to you to them for that solo. Mmmm that one.
Speaker 3: You need an ice in there warm my chest got mad hot. And if you've got any stories while anybody we mentioned, stop tell us the story.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 5: My man?
Speaker 1: Freddy K? Yeah, freddy K. He's gonna get you fucked up today if you be fucked up with you though for all the years of him not drinking, because that was one of the parts of the documentary too, He said, I haven't drank in fifteen and they said, what is that? Fifteen days? Okay? Easy or tupac.
Speaker 5: M y'all ain't right.
Speaker 1: I take a shot for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got the train, so.
Speaker 1: Okay, you get the next one.
Speaker 5: You're right there, right bro? You want to be doing.
Speaker 1: Ice Cuba scarface go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, bro, I just show. I was just with Face last night.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me y'are playing golf.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I'm showing down.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay. And he wanted a coin on the desk ding. Oh that was oh the tiny desk. Yeah yeah, he.
Speaker 5: Killed, yeah, killed.
Speaker 1: I think that's one of the best tiny desks I've ever seen, bro Like.
Speaker 6: It was at a place in Dallas called the Bomb Factory and went straight out of comfin the movie came out.
Speaker 5: Motherfuckers was blowing my people were blowing my, you know, blowing me up like you in the market.
Speaker 6: They talked me into doing a concert, and.
Speaker 5: And and Face was in. Face was locked up in.
Speaker 6: Atlanta, and he got one of the boys from Houston to get to bond him out so he could catch a flight to get home to Houston. Then drove four hours to Dallas to be in that show with me.
Speaker 5: Face right.
Speaker 6: So when he when I heard it, he was, I said, all right, hell, I gotta go down there and stump to yawn for my guy. So scar faced me in a lot, he said, Texas. He said, he's an alarm from my state, one of the few guys that's in my class. That I really respect. In fact, he was in a rat pack that was in Atlanta in those days.
Speaker 5: It was me and bim C.
Speaker 6: Park and Breed Richie rich from Atlanta and took them from Oakland and too Shortland.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we all hung out.
Speaker 3: Everybody was living in Atlanta. Yeah, Eric Sermon, who was down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, very very you got a very important man.
Speaker 5: Magic was my friend. Yeah, because I was bawling then and I was going there and man, lean.
Speaker 1: She said, you had a better than this, but you used to go to sleep.
Speaker 5: That was in my dis days.
Speaker 6: I was one of the few people that that, like when anybody's ever been in Magic, the o g one. You know, you you walk in and the club is over there, but when you see as you walk in the door, there's no door right here that leads downstairs.
Speaker 1: That's where he got the layouts.
Speaker 6: That's what Magic's office is, and the girls go to the to do their thing. I was one of the few folks that Magic would let go down, man, because I was just loaded.
Speaker 5: Man, I don't even know how to ask now.
Speaker 6: I'm just walking through it, like and they lit that ain't nobody that's die. Let him alone. I'd be down that doing man, look in you couldn't put that part in.
Speaker 5: The movie.
Speaker 1: Drink Drink. I think we chaers the ecstasy on the low. I'm just dreading it before ecstasy, I believe evolved their heads somewhere. I'm just being all right, okay, A just one go ahead, Na's or jay Z.
Speaker 5: Boy, You're gonna be fucked.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 5: Damn I feel bad, you know, man. Let me tell you something. And this this.
Speaker 6: It's kind of because I met The first time I met do Eyes, it was in the middle of my addiction for Wow.
Speaker 5: And he rode his bicycle along. I went to I was doing a video for a song called on that Elter Skelter record and what's.
Speaker 3: The guys just nutsty it's the the.
Speaker 6: Title from Dre and made the album myself and put it out. That's why you never heard.
Speaker 5: But uh, he rode his bike all the way uptown to holler see doc out. And when you when you.
Speaker 6: Mhmm out there, you know it's it's a it's a weird space, bro.
Speaker 5: Like when you're when you when you fucked up, you really don't want to like be around or you don't want to be around nobody. You just want to be somewhere where you got. I guess you can think. I guess.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but uh, it wasn't the best introduction doing. But he was a gentleman man, so much class, and uh I had I had a chance to say the same thing. Then I said sin to you years later.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: And so I never had a chance to meet jay Z. I never met him, So I don't have any reference for him. But I got h got tons of respect for nurs not just as a as an MC is one of the goats, but just as a human being.
Speaker 1: Let's take a shot to that. You know who he picked. Let's take a shot.
Speaker 3: He's saying, drink. I feel like it's gonna be that one for us today.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jacob put my name and a song. I can't That's why you know, I can't go the other way.
Speaker 3: Now you see that he was the R O c R. Public Service Anno, that's goddamn it.
Speaker 1: Come on, Boys in the Hood or Medicine Society and Minister's Society. The movie Yeah yeah, yeah, I ain't right. They could be whatever criteria you whatever criteria you want. Maybe he was on a good movie. When you saw one movie.
Speaker 5: Man, that's just bad y'all trying to just do a nigga.
Speaker 6: Because Menace was a great movie for that time, Old dog Yeah, man.
Speaker 5: It was a great movie for that time.
Speaker 3: M C eight was incredible in that movie. Now I'm like nigga, he was old dog man. I'm scared them.
Speaker 5: Saying, why are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Got Man of Curs and Ship? You meeting little like nigga? You o dog man, he's a real actor. That's what a Man of Curas in mass Carroll on and Ship. I'm just playing and boy to say, man, it's on that one really Okay, man, it's okay, that's cool. We ain't drinking all right.
Speaker 3: The Chronic or Doggy Style and this one says he must pick one. I didn't they put that. They put in parentheses in.
Speaker 6: The Chronic even though sonically Doggy Style is a much better record.
Speaker 1: Uh, I kind of kind of get I got that. I listened to him back and forth yesterday.
Speaker 6: But the songs, the actual songs that are put together are better on the Chronic.
Speaker 5: It's a better journey.
Speaker 3: It's more fun, right, entertaining the foundation to it. Yeah, it's the foundation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he learned to perfect that for doggy style.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's a song called.
Speaker 6: I've been Top and stop it like a rabbit when I get the mini rocks, you know, like I still have it ship.
Speaker 1: Isn't it? Yuh?
Speaker 6: First time I've heard Snoop freestylear song. There's no words to that, and it wasn't I'm a sit and think of the line and say the next line. It just came in and started rapping it. It's why the line the rhymes. Maybe Sam elementary because that's the way he structured his stuff as a kid. But he that song took about three minutes to make seem like the nigga just came in there. Drake cut the beat on, dude started rapping. Drake said, stop, get out the booth, wait for wait for the break, then come back here in a minute start stop starting, no no retakes, no nothing, one time through.
Speaker 1: That was one take, one time through.
Speaker 5: And the only other.
Speaker 6: Person that is ever I've ever seen do that besides myself and the studio was corrupts.
Speaker 5: He Rubb was a one take guy, a lot a lot.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: He brings us to our next question, dazz are corrupt?
Speaker 5: Oh man, y'all I can't do it. Y'all better get you something. Who is we go?
Speaker 3: I'm gonn talking about the time I hung out with you and Dog Pound two. I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 6: We go to those guys, really, man, those Long Beach guys, really, the Donald Pound guys really made la because me and Dry used to feud.
Speaker 1: Because even though Long Beach is not considered l a right, it's not considered that's right. Okay, but those days took me.
Speaker 5: Today they hood and I'm on the block with these boys, and I'm kicking it.
Speaker 1: Like you know, there's no red in Long Beach. It's all blue.
Speaker 6: I don't have to worry about where I am or no, you know, because I'm with these boys and I haven't seen I don't seen these I haven't seen folks get.
Speaker 1: Killed for you know, just aroun from sixties right, Let me not he he wants to you to know he's from sixty Oh yeah, he don't play that.
Speaker 5: But he from Philly, from but but he but he he's a he's a neighborhood guy.
Speaker 1: Every now and then I just like to get corrupt mad because I like to have him to do you cut.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something if you've never heard Corrupt curse when he's in crib.
Speaker 1: Mole, it's the wonderfulest thing ever. I'm just being honest with you. But you just gotta pis him of up a little bit and he he can't stop saying.
Speaker 3: Cook cook cook cook cook cook, coup cool on and he just keep going and he.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the most beautiful ist binocular. I was in the human language when Corp is mad and he's just on his cuk cook cut me.
Speaker 6: And uh Corrus going at it. When I was when I out there, I hang with them boys. During that Grammy celebration, I was talking to Corrupt and he was, you know, Cruppers a dude, deep dude, Like you don't get that from him just on GP. But he's a deep thinker. He's just is you know what I mean, Like you can't come up with words.
Speaker 1: Like lyricists yet and he drink. Oh yeah, yeah, but he was.
Speaker 5: But I was. I was in a space where I fell not the most comfortable, uh.
Speaker 6: In in that space because up until that point, nobody ever called me for nothing. I mean, but when they get the awards, so they get to this, so they get to that. But Q made it a point.
Speaker 5: I see that, uh, and he would and he kept, no, you gotta no, you gotta come out, No, you need to, you know. And so I said, you know what I'm coming. You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Never gave me no Grammy though now I mind didn't show up. So uh, if you're listening, I tell what's the ladies? And I got some woman's name. I said, thanks the lady sent to an email or.
Speaker 1: You know, decide to give me a Grammy this year?
Speaker 5: Show up just in case I forgot my actress. But when when I saw what's the ballplayer? Uh uh for Boston.
Speaker 6: Not tayle them the other guy Jaylen Brown? When when Jaylen Brown showed up for Q at.
Speaker 1: That or the Walker thirty three thing or the Big three or Big three.
Speaker 6: Thirt I says the que that was a light he gave you in front of the whole world when you called me about that Grammy thing, that was a light you were giving me in front of the whole world. So I had to come and accept that gift from you just on GP because when you when you when you inducted into the Rock and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you said, doctor is my guy, and he should be here.
Speaker 5: I wish he was here.
Speaker 1: He helped write all the records.
Speaker 6: So you was giving a precursor then that next time we do this, I'm gonna call my God. And he was true to that, and so I had to be a real woman stand up there with you.
Speaker 1: But but there's something about you that makes everyone want to give you your props like that. It's not just Cube, it's not just Dre, it's not just Snoop, it's not just them. It's something about you, like the industry wants to give you your flowers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bro, it's the door guys.
Speaker 1: Want to get you.
Speaker 5: You you saw, you saw. Can you give me a reason why that? You know what I mean? Can you give me a reason? I can't give you a reason. But the reason I look at it like this, there's a it's a g O D thing. And so this path that I walked, and I told my I told my.
Speaker 6: My mother when I was coming, we're taking drink chemps to church because it's the g O.
Speaker 5: D thing And they need to know that. That's why the g O D thing is a d O C thing. That's right, goddamn it. So when they say why oh, why didn't it happen like this? Or why did it happen like this? Because it's a g O D thing.
Speaker 6: He needs he need folks to know this is not happening because of this person, happening because of that person, or not happening because of this person that is a geod.
Speaker 5: Thing, or when it's his time, watch what he do. You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: And so and so even us having this opportunity to sit down and talk, it's a part of that plan, bro, you know what I mean. We've been talking for two years. I most when you're gonna come, I say, I don't have no nothing to talk about. But when the Grammy thing happened, I said, well, now now I feel like I got something.
Speaker 1: Well let me tell me. Just tell you something. This is your house. You don't need nothing to talk about. If you want to come over here and talk about pink toe. Now, he's not gonna talk about that because he's not opening that door. But we don't care, because you know what, we created this platform for you. We created this platform for us, for people. You know, there's no other genre in this game that has this word washed up like people say you did ten years in this game and they want to throw us away. They don't do that in they don't do that in jazz. I'm not gonna allow them to do that in hip hops, right, I'm not. I just can't. They say that wine gets better with time. How the fuck we ag't?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is we doing? I'm not lying that on my This show is created for that, and we're gonna continue to do it. And guess what, we're great at it, motherfucker.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: We're great at it's great at giving people flowers who deserve it. That's because the more, the more they say, the black and the barrier sweet of the youths. Motherfucker's right. That means when we go with time, we get better with time. We don't get worse with time. Only people who get worse with time and stupid people. And I don't think we're stupid at all at all, bro at all. We're out here doing this and again, let me get back to the documentary, because it shows how much you mean to the community, how much you mean to hip hop, how much you mean to humanity, and how you brong at three sixty. I believe it's a pastor. What's the black brother's name that you got with in the documentary.
Speaker 5: Reverend Johnson.
Speaker 1: Reverend Johnson. Okay, okay, he's Martin Luther King. Guy, he's the new Martin Luther King. Oh yeah, well we need to talk about him.
Speaker 5: He was in he was with him, Yeah, yeah, he was in college when King started his non violent movement.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: He worked.
Speaker 6: Really closely with He's the same age as sharpening those guys, you know. And they sent him to Dallas in sixty eight. Wow, Reverend Johnson.
Speaker 5: Wow. Two another one. Jamie cleared away for doctor King to come through because the city didn't want King.
Speaker 11: There both sides, you know what I'm saying, Democrat and no.
Speaker 1: I mean I mean the white folks and the black fo's right, that's right, didn't want doctor kimps, right, the black.
Speaker 6: Preachers during that time. Okay, what's on doctor Reben Johnson's head about? Because they didn't want it, you know what I mean? Because he doctor King would be messing up their money.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: Know how the game goes, bro it's nothing. It was probably nothing different than.
Speaker 1: Doctor that's just too. That's what I heard. You had to that he was going to dress her. He was outside.
Speaker 3: Telling about doctor Camp he was for that. I mean, I don't mean that's that's what they used. It help pro against them. They try to use that against them, but that he was having an affair, that's what they tried to use.
Speaker 5: The follow up. They finally.
Speaker 1: G Bro the wrong man, respect the kid Bro still.
Speaker 5: Follows out the can.
Speaker 1: That's a weak argument, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I try to get you to not like a brother, you know what I mean, Like, because he had.
Speaker 1: Suicide, they try to get him the commit suicide and going to King. Yeah, that f b I. They tried to use that against them. They they spied on him.
Speaker 3: They found out that he was having an affair, and they tried to get him the commissions.
Speaker 1: He got a little trim while he was getting a tram.
Speaker 3: I'm still don't go off of my research research, but that what I seen Peter Peter Johnson came down.
Speaker 1: Peter Johnson. That's that's the.
Speaker 5: Lader ground work for doctor King. And they killed him that year, you know, I mean that was the year he died.
Speaker 1: Oh doctor King, I'm thinking it was Jane Peter Johnson. I'm like, I've just seen him in the document.
Speaker 5: So he dies.
Speaker 6: And Reverend Johnson stays, uh for a while or not, and then they asked him to come back. But there had been a particular police story going on back then about this particular policeman who was executing black and brown kids.
Speaker 1: Wow in Dallas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I think uh uh he w.
Speaker 6: One of the stories is it was a little uh the the Latin kid's name was Santos, I think, and he had the kid handcuffed in his car and he was playing Russian Roulette with his pistol, trying to get the kid to to confess to something and and and blew his head off, you know. And Reverend Johnson stopped the yard. He had all the you know, did all the things that they did back then, get the police off the street. Wow, And uh, he said, what the story he tells me is he went in stomping it and uh and the powers that be told him that they would get him off the street, but they couldn't prosecute him from killing a a a nigga, you know, right, And so they took him off the street. And then uh, the folks in Atlanta called uh Reverend Johnson back to Atlanta.
Speaker 5: And when.
Speaker 6: Reverend Johnson went back to Atlanta. They gave to dude his gun and put him back on the street. He went right back I there and kept another baby. And when he did that, Peter Johnson came back to Dynason. He was there ever since. Matter of fact, with the year I was born, Peter Johnson was walking around in the projects I.
Speaker 5: Was born in, feeding people. Yeah, man, And so I wanted for him.
Speaker 6: I wanted that light to be on him in this documentary way, yeah, bro, because he deserved it.
Speaker 5: Like he's the most humble man.
Speaker 1: I knows, unassuming.
Speaker 5: Person, doesn't care about money.
Speaker 6: Still to this day, he's out there struggling trying to help other folks, right, and so I'm trying to, you know, do what I can to help him now.
Speaker 1: And he said, he linked with you, He said, because people want your autograph, not his, when they should want his.
Speaker 6: You know what, man, because without them, he paid the way for all of these boys that can get out didn't get that money like that. They wouldn't have been able to do it without this guy. M I forget what the quote is. They said, Uh, this kind of father makes this kind of child, that makes this kind of child, that makes this kind of child when it goes so in a circle like, uh, we back on the the Malcolm's and the Martins. We need them niggas to show up right about now, you know. And they gonna come from the street. See that's how everything comes from the street. Bro the wind and the loss us from the street. When I talk to these young boys, I used the uh, the story of Samson.
Speaker 5: And the Bible to try it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you relate that to your voice.
Speaker 6: No, I'm I'm relating that story to them because if you know the story in the book, Samson didn't do but two things they didn't preach to nobody ain't getting them getting them by the word.
Speaker 5: He did two things, Uh mess with women and whoop a whole lot of ass.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 6: And that's not a whole lot different from what these boys is doing. The only difference is he understood whose, I guess is the best way whose he was that there's a purpose why he was doing it. He wasn't just doing it to be So I tell these young boys that if you all killer, that's that's great. Let's figure out that the best reason why you're gonna do it, so you're not just doing something to be doing something.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna throw away, throw away your life, then then be purposeful with it. With purpose, you know, I mean, same way these.
Speaker 6: Folks put on the stars and stripes and they go over here to wherever they're at and and bust them folks in the ass. It's the same thing, but your purpose makes it seems like it's it's it's it has a different meaning to it.
Speaker 5: So I tell these boys in these neighborhoods that as far as that what those weapon and so concern you or your savior or or your enemy, it's you because you got the gun. These same way the Black Panthers used to say that this little circle is it's hours. We're not letting nobody come in here and do nothing. You know what I mean, whether you know whether you got blue on or red on or black on or circle, yeah, it's not going on in here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: If you guys developed that attitude, then whatever y'all do inside this circle, as long as it's not harm and nobody get your money.
Speaker 5: That's real.
Speaker 1: We still have a quick time of slom. Forgot that. I'm gonna take a quick pistol slim right, that's I.
Speaker 5: Can take a.
Speaker 1: Be back later.
Speaker 3: Sports Chance, Let's do it chances already, make sure that down the underdog fantasy app use promo code drink Champs or drink or Champs and get up to one hundred dollars matched or.
Speaker 5: F or n.
Speaker 1: It might not work though.
Speaker 2: Ahead, we got the number one team in the Northwest Division, the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Speaker 1: They will be playing the.
Speaker 2: Number two team in the Atlantic Division, New York Knicks in Madison Square Garden. I know this is a favorite fan favorite is so let me get ready to it. I'll go on with Knicks automatically. Automatically laffers on that. So for total points New York.
Speaker 1: Knicks averages one eleven point nine, are they going to hire or lower?
Speaker 5: At home?
Speaker 1: We're gonna go higher. In fact, J're gonna be there, Spike Lee gonna be there eating hot dogs and corn dogs. I think Rosie parad is coming out, you know what I'm saying. So I think I'm gonna go higher, diego hire lower one eleven point nine.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go lower than one eleven nine, although they will still win.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now for the young guns, the number one team, These guys are running the off n They're led by the youngest cat shy gilge is Alexander. For Oklahoma City, they average one twenty point seven a game. We're gonna higher lower than one to twenty point seven.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stay higher. I'm gonna say lower because bright lights, big city, a lot of people, you know, think you ready, but it's still one of the greatest places to play on Earth. It's the massive square Guarden. A lot of people can see those bright lights in that big city and they kind of fold. So, as a young team not too much experienced, I think the Garden is gonna be the winner of this game. You say they're gonna be deer and has a big deal. That's a big statement. Now we're going to continue in this format. So for assists, gilgis Alexander. He averages six point three assists with a turnover average of two point two.
Speaker 2: So we're doing higher lower, Efen, I'm gonna say lower on the assists. Lower lower is six point three and are you yeah, I'm going lower lower.
Speaker 11: With the horrible New York Niggas defense, I say, hi, second mouth, I'm keeping it.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. It's about money. This is not personal.
Speaker 5: This is about the money.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brunson, he averages six point four. Says hire lower higher, Yeah, I'm going higher, higher, higher, Okay. Jalen Brunton is a monster, man, a monster.
Speaker 5: He's doing it. Need scoring Now.
Speaker 1: For rebound category, we're introducing a new player to this.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I wish he was gonna come back. I'm gonna drink Champs Kicks.
Speaker 2: We have check home grown. He averages seven point nine rebounds a game. Check homegrown, home grown, homegrown, home grown. He got hurt in the first practice last year, so they red shared him. He's back as a rookie. He's about seven something guy. So he averaged seven point nine rebounds. Higher or lower.
Speaker 1: He's a nick. No, he's an okay see, he's an okay see. He's gonna go lower this, sir, higher, higher, absolutely higher.
Speaker 2: Now, who's gonna combat him is Isaiah Hardinson.
Speaker 1: He is a nick. He's eight point four rebounds. Diego, what are we doing? We're gonna need him to go higher for the neck winning. So for the points, let's just ended with the two All stars.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brunson twenty seven point five points throughout the season.
Speaker 1: He's going higher or lower than twenty seven point five. I'm gonna say he's going higher again, bright light, big c. This is his time.
Speaker 11: It is his time, Sonny, one hundred percent higher because he's going to battle the young STU. He's gonna put up at least forty who my opinion, I.
Speaker 1: Won't go as high as forty, but I'll say higher than thirty, higher than thirty twenty seven.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: They might come out with the Trump sneakers on the game entirely those for Gildgas Alexander for ok s Oh, No, he's not. I'm going low off for Gildge. Yeah, I say higher, I say higher. He's a kid and they let him fifty times if he wants. I'm gonna okay.
Speaker 2: See in New York in Madison Square Garden, Drink, Champs, Army, don't forget to download on the doll Fantasy ad.
Speaker 1: Use the code drink Champs, Drink or Champs.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Jada kiss or push your T kiss kiss okay? Illmatic or reasonable doubt, illmatic ghetto boys or U GK Yeah yeah drink U yeah, okay? All right? Cool solo oh shots straight out of Compton or niggas for life, straight out of competent Styles, p or Rick Ross, Damn Ross, eminem or Busta Robs.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah you my one. Don't get you on them now.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right cool Jamie, where you at you? Yeah? We wait on you, Jamie.
Speaker 5: Were we at? Yeah? Both of those guys. It is my guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so we we we we owe one shot? You got your shot? Oh I don't got a shot? You got a shot too? Yeah, how I'm the only one whatever. I mean, I'm pouring my own.
Speaker 5: So okay, yeah, let me take myns. Thank you? Where we Yeah? Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, DJ Quicker battle Cap.
Speaker 5: Damn bro like hm hm and fuck this ship.
Speaker 1: I love I love that. We're almost not done. I love that. I love that DJ Battle Quick battle Cap battle Quicker battle quick Like. I like that. I like that both. Yeah yeah good the next one. I want to switch this one up. Okay, Lady of Rage now this is Lady of Rage of remy ma Rage.
Speaker 5: I mean, I got it.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, just out of respect, passing boss, you know, rest in peace to Boston.
Speaker 1: Well boss, I was gonna say boss because she just passed away.
Speaker 5: And he was in Dallas. Forward love her.
Speaker 1: She's from Detroit. Ell Man she was ill.
Speaker 5: Somebody just sent me up a screen shot.
Speaker 6: A few days ago off an album that she never released. Her album cover was a was a duplicate of my album cover.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. She was definitely influenced by everything y'all were doing. You could see that. Uh, Carris want to rock him?
Speaker 5: Ah, man, come on now, and I love Chris Love.
Speaker 1: That means you're saying, come on, bro, he's my god because because you kind of didn't curse, like rock him, that's my god?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 1: Is that the reason why you didn't curse was to rock him? Okay?
Speaker 6: Bro, however good I got to be, it's because I was trying to be as good as rock him.
Speaker 5: Was wow.
Speaker 3: No, he said he picked the game you should drink for making later slick record Biggie her Dog slick Ricord, Biggie.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: That's man, y'all gotta drink on that one. Cut ship because I can't say nobody ever big here, but.
Speaker 1: I said, oh, how much respect you have a bigger's though I.
Speaker 5: Can't say nobody ever slick.
Speaker 1: I respect that like that from my my humble opinion.
Speaker 6: Bro, there's only two people that that have ever touched the microphone to me and created a street where there was no street, and the first guy was well shipped.
Speaker 5: They was the same time.
Speaker 6: It was slick Rick and rock Him. Before those guys came, everything was syncopated in one way. The floors were all similar. Then rock Him took that shit and bented around the corner and and slick Rick came and did some ship that only he could do and then started trying to do do it the way he was doing it. But but man, I yeah, those those two guys are my rushmore guys for me.
Speaker 1: I agree, Big Daddy Kane or El Cool j mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now I'm gone take it on.
Speaker 1: Drinking drinking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you got to drink it because I was a uh Big Daddy Kane who was a great friend. And I got a story about cool ja.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's hear him both.
Speaker 5: Please. Well, when I was, uh, you've seen this in the movie, you just didn't show up.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: When when I did the show that my dad slept to the to the show and.
Speaker 1: He left, yeah because he was fucked up. Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Caine was on that show. Oh yeah, I didn't see that.
Speaker 6: He came and sat with me and he's like, man, I know this is a hard time for you in the bast paper like he gave me the ultiml who.
Speaker 1: Was that that was your first show since he's losing your boy? Yuh? And then that was your first I'm back on stage? Okay continue And I.
Speaker 5: Only did that once wow, because I realized trying that ship.
Speaker 1: I can't do this but you know, and why because because you were drunk or because of it, I was heard you were exerting yourself too much.
Speaker 5: It was no, I was live singing. Oh, it wasn't that. It wasn't the other part that heard it was the insign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just didn't feel it. I heard you say you are real, MC, You're real. Go on bro, yeah he's track over there.
Speaker 5: Bron used to say, we don't use that. It's this or that you know what?
Speaker 1: Right, you know?
Speaker 6: And so they talked me into it because the record that just took off and it was you know, but I was like, I can't do it. But and my dad, who had never seen me rap before.
Speaker 1: That was his first time. So I didn't know that part. I thought that was his first time walking out.
Speaker 5: We didn't.
Speaker 6: We didn't have one of those relationships. He never he never even knew what?
Speaker 1: But what record is this? That your what record had came.
Speaker 5: Mouth of mind? No, I do it better.
Speaker 1: I just came out really so this is what ninety what or.
Speaker 5: Eighty eighty nine, ninety eight, eighty ninety.
Speaker 1: Nine, it was New Year's Wow.
Speaker 6: Ninety The record came out of August the first. The rec happens November the eleventh, Wow. And I'm doing that show on January the first.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So eleven eleven, bro, All right, well we're not asking everybody's day. Everybody's apart. That's what's so dope about. Everyone feels at his fucking story. That's what's so dope. I can't even be married, like we just started shooting up and ship I was going on this day. I swear to god, I can't even mad at them.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, Big Pun or Big Al radio podcast podcast. Rather be loved or feared loved me too, Drake or Wayne Wayne.
Speaker 1: Primo or Pete.
Speaker 5: Rock mm hmm yeah, let's come and get this money. Okay, be All is my guy.
Speaker 1: We fight every year, really, prim Rock fight every year.
Speaker 5: Every football season. You know he's a Giants fan.
Speaker 1: You are stealers, that's right, right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 6: You talk about Yeah, that's dope. Yeah, they got ahold of they got a nice little thing. And and of course the Cowboys is the.
Speaker 5: Ship, yes, the hat.
Speaker 1: No, I'm definitely a cowboy cowboy head.
Speaker 5: Bro, who who you're riding with?
Speaker 1: Ride with the Jets? Okay, we haven't right with the Jets.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 1: The Jets don't even win the Jets. That's why it's hard being like. By the way, let me just say something. I haven't watched the next game this whole season. You know what, I think you're a bad luck. I think I'm bad luck.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: I think every time I watch the next they start losing. So do you watch it the day after? No, I just I've been trying to stay out the season. We're doing great. We're doing great. Last year, got a rent in the streak. I started watching it's over. So I actually didn't want to say this publicly, but I actually think it is. I think I'm the Jinks. So I haven't watched this year. Hopefully we can make it somewhere.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 6: No, they got a great little young squad, the ball us down out there and Brunt and a great addition, maybe a piece of two away from being.
Speaker 5: Relevant, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And we need like a definitive star. Yeah, yeah, need a star.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's dry.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna lie. I think they should put me in. I don't think so. I'm just being honest, don't be I'm I'm hit him with the funky chicken. You might as well just go to the Big three, go to the Big three. I can go to the Big three. I go to the Big Three.
Speaker 5: I'm like, uh, Jets guy like kind of a.
Speaker 1: Uh, not the Yankees, but Matt's that's that's kind of a Mets guy.
Speaker 5: Just because they they never think they're gonna win, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So he like the underdog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know I'm an underdog guy. I mean.
Speaker 6: And so I fuck with the with Aaron Rodgers and it's yes, because I thought he gave him a legitimate shot last year.
Speaker 3: He didn't give Yeah, I felt like that was that was the doors. That's right, he went to the doors. He went to the doors.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: He got hurt. Twelve seconds is a jack, right. This nigger came in and was like, hey, I'm fucked up, you know, signed the contract and was like I he he's over this is it?
Speaker 5: Is it for me?
Speaker 1: He put on some Muslim over you and he was like, hey man, let me go break. Nigga had early get the fuck out of here. You fucked me up this season. I thought I bet it on you. I thought she was a good guy from Green Bay and what.
Speaker 5: They had the hell of a defense ship. He could have just stood up and did half a decent job. I could eat that division.
Speaker 1: Could it came in two games? This nigga was first because his name is this nigga got hurt in kindergarten. And this is why it's perfect time to download under the door drink Champs. That's right, all right?
Speaker 3: Uh wait, I got Phila or Theodora feel. I was hoping he was gonna say that, okay, yay, or for Ralph.
Speaker 5: That's a tough one we drinking because yeah, it's just cold.
Speaker 1: Any stories.
Speaker 5: I ain't got no ye stories, bro, I went on, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know why. I feel like there's a secret studio session with Dad.
Speaker 6: Was telling me about a session there where he came up. I think he was mixing his gospel record. He said, yeah, man, we was just mixing the record and he disappeared. I went upstairs, that there was sleep sleep in the bed. I was like, wow, that's crazy in the little guest house that he felt comfortable.
Speaker 1: To go up there and go up me just in another thing, cred, Yeah, that's uncomfortable. He did take his shoes.
Speaker 3: To drink jazz, hung out, took up his shoes, open the refrigerator.
Speaker 5: I never I never had a chance.
Speaker 1: You never had a chance. He's a nice guy. Did you meet for I have? Okay, okay, both both nice guys. Yes, both nice guys.
Speaker 5: A lot of respect for Pharrell. Bro. He's a super talented dude for his whole his whole ride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're saying both right, Yeah, okay, so we said both. Yeah, he's saying both.
Speaker 5: Can't I can't take away?
Speaker 1: Man, get it together. I'm watching you, buddy, get the next one.
Speaker 3: Buddy's yeah, yeah, legend a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's a little bit. Okay, but yeah, but but but you notice we take we take a small show.
Speaker 3: We know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's a lot of question. It's a long game. Miss let's see. Okay, I respect that sug Night or puff Daddy, sug Knight. Where did you stand with the East Coast, West Coast beef when it was going on.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying that was that was not good. But I just hate bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, you know what I mean? For what?
Speaker 3: And then the magazines and that's what really created it was people against people like Crew against Crew. It wasn't East Coast against West Coast, right, It was the magazines and the media that exacerbated and then made everybody, you know, Vibe particularly they were the first ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I believe they did a bad Boy cover and then they did a Death Ro cover right after each other, and it set set it off everything. I believe that's when in the time that they were saying that it was you, Dre and Shug. But then that cover, the actual Vibe cover like actually almost erased you and put Sugar in there. And they've had the three stars. It was Dre, Snoop and I forget who else was on that Vibe cover. There was four people, wasn't it, No, it was three? Put was pocket?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, was that the time. I believe in the documentary you said, I think you alluded to it. You didn't have that power, but you didn't know it at that time. Was that something that.
Speaker 5: No, I was.
Speaker 1: That must have been a difficult time for you to be out.
Speaker 5: I was struggling in that time, you know. Okay, pro addiction is not easy, but you know what I mean, And I salute anybody they're gonna walk that path and stand back up because they take a lot out of you, bro, when you get lost. But I respect all of those guys. I'm not bitter. No, you don't want those guys. I wouldn't have changed anything.
Speaker 6: Wow, you know, because I've been in some places that's there's some really messed up stuff could have happened to me. It should wasn't there, you know what I mean. Wow, I've seen and there's a couple of stories where I was out there and they had to come get me, you know, and came in, you know with the hornt and then and then and then with the.
Speaker 5: You know, the Calvalry care bro, because I was wilding out out there. And uh so I got nothing more respect.
Speaker 6: For those guys that handled their business in ways that I wasn't ready to handle for myself.
Speaker 1: I forget, didn't you have Dazzle corrupt on the show. And one of them was like, fuck, sugar, you hear everything. But then, you know, what that's a human.
Speaker 3: A human is a good person and a human is a fucked up person, So it could be both are true at the same point.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't want no smoke with with Sugar Bear from it. And he's doing his podcast from yeah, and so I'm gonna stay out of his way because he got a itchy trigger finger, right and he don't care, you know what, I man, that's how you getting this his thing? Because I talked to him.
Speaker 1: A couple of times since he's been incarcerated in that place.
Speaker 6: Okay, hell y, you know like Ario did that a lot. I don't know how they get your number. Somebody will call you and say, want a high lessons you know, and hey Ario one of the high letchers and out of and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, clicking me. You know what.
Speaker 6: But Ario and I since since he since he's been back out, he and I've developed a real interesting relationship because he sees things the way I see things. As far as trying to go back into these hoods and get these young boys.
Speaker 5: It is right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Why is Harryo being praised and Sugar not?
Speaker 5: But I don't know what what what is Harrio getting praised? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just seems like like, you know, when you speak about the foundation of death Row. In the beginning of Death Row, it seems like people say, man, Harrio came in like and it was whatever, whatever. But people are not saying the same about Sugar, although I.
Speaker 3: Don't see people like even with you, like they'll say, like even I just broke up with Dazz and Corrupt.
Speaker 1: I forget which one was on which side dazzes against? And I believe was like stayed around the longest, and Corrupt was like, nah, I can't. He kept calling him, no, no, no, no, Dazz is del Mar, but he kept calling him. I think he called him Simon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that his cold name, Simon, like Simon, Yeah, damn, that was his code name.
Speaker 5: It was Simon and Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: So Simon was the bad side and that was a good side.
Speaker 5: Either one of them is talking about the same guy. Uh, But sure it was a you know, he was a year.
Speaker 1: Is uh, a complicated human as many of us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he lived his life and we all have our past that we got to walk and and he's walking hispide. You know, I wouldn't wish wish that ship on nobody, you know, uh, because I had to.
Speaker 6: I had to sit down in that city that that was not me. I don't want no more parts of that ship. And I wouldn't wish that on nobody. But you know that's his path, uh, and I wish him the best.
Speaker 5: And hopefully you know what happened for Aarrio happened.
Speaker 1: Being over the uh partisy something let him see some Yeah, I believe. I believe Trump pardon Harry with the gold sneakers on. He didn't have to that part. Yeah, but but but that's like like damn, it's like kind of like mad like but he Trump pardoned little Wayne Harry President Kardiak black slave Fat. Joe's the White House and ship. In fact, Joe be tricking me and ship. I don't know whether to follow him some of the weeks or not. Trump sneaker next week he in the White House. I'm like, what are we doing? Text me about this ship. I don't know what we're doing. Joe, all right, I'll take take okay de bo m o p.
Speaker 5: Mom deep.
Speaker 1: I like that old eyes on me or life after Death.
Speaker 5: H m hm, damn, bro, I like it. Yeah, yeah, take a shot.
Speaker 1: Uh, Mike, Tyson or j Paul It is, said Jerry World, Jerry World, all right, man, we should do drunk on the side.
Speaker 5: I need you.
Speaker 1: I need to know where you're going.
Speaker 3: Now, we gotta call front you do the drink champs on the sidelines. Yes, yes, I need you to come down there anyway. Let me let me introduce you to my folks of Cadillac. Go ahead, so I can deliver you want to use.
Speaker 5: Deliver one of those Oh god, yes, six hundred escalade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get the cowboy hat and everything spurs on my I am with it, spurs of my boost man escalat.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go, let's go. We had God damn God, damn shout out to Cadillac man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, So who will we picking Mike Tyson?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, We're gonna imagine that I'm picking out. I'm gonna see Mike somewhere. You think I'm gonna pick somebody else? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be like, well you put the money out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you're watching him train. It's crazy. You gonna eat gonna lie. I want him to do that, no ring what the way he's training, you know, think he's going to I would like for him to do it. Man, loove that he don't do it.
Speaker 5: Man, you just talked about biden Age is a motherfucker mine like them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Tyson is a different type of person because he's he said it explicitly that when he gets in the ring, he transforms into a monster.
Speaker 1: And I believe that. I truly believe I can't become the beast in the ring. I can't believe him.
Speaker 6: Against this Jake Paul Kidd, because I've seen that Jake Paul Kidd lay some dudes out.
Speaker 5: Seemed like that wasn't fair.
Speaker 1: I think Tyson, but it's that's not the same Tyson that we grew up on. But he's said, man, but you're still there. He's still there and his and he still got strength.
Speaker 5: No, he don't want no head gear.
Speaker 3: I mean they've been saying rumors about headgear, but I don't think it's no. There's rumors that they're gonna have rules, but I don't think Tyson would agree to that, And I don't even think Jake.
Speaker 1: Paul would want to agree to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, come on, within it.
Speaker 3: Jay might as well just do it all the way right or not do it at all. I think you should fight them next you, Tyson would laughing three seconds.
Speaker 1: I really want to see this. Not only that, I facetimeed Mike. Uh well first friends, you hate me, shout out to frenchie man if Mike, one of them talk to you, so of course be able to out that FaceTime them were laughing whatever. Two days later they say, hey, announcement. So I hit them back. I was like, yeah, yeah, I'm really doing this. They say, yes, we're really doing it. Immediately I said, Yo, I'm gonna go come to training camp. So next week when I come back from Paris, I'm going to I'm going I told you this and I'm gonna hear French. I'm gonna say, you see if we could do the side. Oh yeah, I didn't even think of like me, I actually wanted to, Like that's like my dream is to see somebody in training camp like they do like me drinking or what I was like, but like I knocked this ship the funk out, like when I want to be a part of something. So I wanted to I'm going to Vegas. I believe that you said this in Dallas to believe the training camp he's training in Vegas. Yeah, so I want to go there and I want to you know, that's the fucking fun. That's just crazy because although this is uh what is the sparrings is considered sparring, correct, there get a spar come on, man, Yeah, but they're really fighting.
Speaker 3: But it's caused baring because right because it's they can't get sationed by it because he's not a sanction boxer neither. He's past the age, is right. But believe this is still history. It is, man, I believe he is still history. Generational fight for whatever it's worth. And I think it's dope.
Speaker 5: I don't want them to touch that boy.
Speaker 1: I want I'm knocking. I'm sorry, j Paul, I might see you in a restaurant and ship. I got a lot of respect for Jake Paul. I think you do.
Speaker 3: But I think that if he's smart, he's training to stay away from Mike Tyson's punches. Well, I think he's actually gonna try to He's gonna lean in and he's gonna try to hurt Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's going That's the only thing you could train for because if he gets hit by one of those punches, until he gets hit by one of the practice that he'll learn. I don't know. I think I think he's going to actually.
Speaker 3: Say Mike Tyson punch out on the video game.
Speaker 1: Think that he's gonna try. I think I think j Paul much respect for the sport that he's not gonna duck it. No, but the sport. No, that's not that's not right the sport. Actually look a look at Mayweather. You you know, you have a strategy. Sometimes you stay away from the person you're coming at the right time. That's why it be boring fights sometimes and they went on technicalities or they went on this, they go all the round. I've never seen a bor in Mayweather fight. Sir, he's not. I'm saying that some boy.
Speaker 6: He's not gonna be able to stay away from from. You going have to come on with it when you get in there.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't bring it to Tyson. Gonna bring it to a fighters that's been successful against Tyson, hold it, holy Field and Lennie Flewid aggressive. Yeah, try to run from those they get right.
Speaker 10: I hear you, I hear you.
Speaker 1: But I don't, man, I don't see Jake Park going toe to toe of them. I mean, be interesting and we want to see it. Run he gonna get hit.
Speaker 3: It's a different beast man than he's ever I think ever fought. I don't think he's fought someone like Tyson. I don't care the age and none of that.
Speaker 1: Man, Okay, let's move on, no change m Yeah, I ain't gonna lie. That's the only time I seen like U f N like get dugged out Tyson. He gave Tyson a joints and grabbed the joint he pulled it out. He gave e f N back and even oh yeah, he tried the funk out of me. He made me take.
Speaker 3: I never.
Speaker 1: Was like, yeah, you taking this true. I'm telling you right now. You know it's true. You were his presence. You know, I don't tell you I was. I was in Dubai. I took the picture and woke apart. So I was like Tyson and he was just walking and I knew like he didn't know it was me. So I was like he was nory. So he turned around and then he grabbed his friend.
Speaker 12: Was so sorry, literally, and I'm looking like, oh ship, I do not want Mike to touch me like that.
Speaker 1: So he's like he crapam. He doesn't know how strong he is. His friend was little. He's like, hey, man, once we told about last night. He's like, yeah, we talked much. And I'm looking at him like ship, let me let him get him out.
Speaker 3: You know, me and Charlie the time the first time with the blunk, we took a picture of him. He's eating an apple. I've never seen the most aggressive picture of somebody eating apple.
Speaker 1: He's like, Yo, what the fuck? Man? What the fun?
Speaker 3: And this is the nice Tyson we're talking about nice.
Speaker 1: This is the nice version of Tyson. This is the last question. A quick time and slim and we get right back to the interview. And this is me and e FN's favorite question to us, A most important question. And I'm not going to lead the witness. I'm not gonna say that witness loyalty or respect mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Respect. M. I want to explain why, because loyalty is a fickle kind of thing, depending on.
Speaker 6: What's what's on the table, you know. But respect, if it's real, it ain't going nowhere, you know. And I don't want you to be loyal to me, goddamn. And I want you to do the right thing, you know. M. I want that respect because.
Speaker 1: I'm going because my thing is why wouldn't you just say both.
Speaker 3: A lot of people don't say both, and they want to give an explanation as to why not saying both.
Speaker 1: But I like the reason why you said. I like that, and in fact, you know, and I want to say this will all love and respect. It's like I look at you as one of the most loyalist people.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: That's what he just said. It's because like I didn't I didn't just watch the documentary. I became the documentary.
Speaker 5: No, I really did.
Speaker 1: It really did, like I really felt a part of it. I cried. I told you, my barber is sitting there like he's cutting this side of my ship, and I can't even feel it. I'm so numb because I'm so I can't turn away. So I'm I'm watching it and I can't feel my tears. I can feel him like, oh shit, He's like, where is this white ship coming from? And I'm just like cause I'm you know, I'm crying like a man.
Speaker 5: I'm not like.
Speaker 1: Holy ship. And it was like times in my life. I think you said it in the lyric. You was like like I tried to drown myself and I couldn't even do that right, And I was just saying, what the fuck? And I'm like, here goes a guy that I look up to. I can't see this darkness in you because I never seen the darkness in you. Is because he was always been presented as a hero. You have never been presented to the vulnerable guy that you're saying about yourself. And I had to hear that from you. If you wanted to said that, I would have never Right, That's one of them.
Speaker 5: From my perspective, one of the great ways I was able to tell the story. And loyalty plays a big part of this because I know where all the bones set.
Speaker 6: I know where they are all at. I've seen, Yeah, how did he well? You know, but that's not my place, you know what I mean. Whether it's hear him or him or them, or how today?
Speaker 5: Or what did you're winning?
Speaker 6: You know, that's that's the universe's tale, the tale it's my mind because I'm about this positive movement ward take those lessons I learned from those men and using to teach my sons. You know, never let what happened to me will never happen to my sons because they'll know who they are when.
Speaker 5: They meet these guys. Uh, this ring d o c ring.
Speaker 6: When I wrote to his easiest first record, we was working on the n w A record, were working on Straight out of Coring. Easiest record is goal by now. And they didn't get ready to put their record out. They going out and buying jewelry and all of these, the dookie ropes and all of this shit.
Speaker 5: I did all this work. I'm looking for work. My dookie rope at.
Speaker 6: I want to get Dougie roped out too, dude, and the easy said whatever you want, he said, give me the publishing to them songs you wrote.
Speaker 5: Now, whatever you want?
Speaker 1: Who said that?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, okay, I want that and that and one of it. It was just this ring and and on my album cover there's a chain with doctor and he bought me those.
Speaker 1: Those gifts wow, And it was a gifts public.
Speaker 6: Right gave him about a million dollars and he gave me three thousand dollars worth for stuff. Now, when I found out what had happened, I had already had the wreck and I'm starting out to play stuff and I'm wanting to work, and I find.
Speaker 5: That stuff out, I was like I was destroyed. It was one of the things that made.
Speaker 6: Me go start talking to drag about blah blah blah. Was finding that stuff out. I got so, uh said, I took this ring out already. You know, when you go out on the road and you're performing and you think motherfuckers out there respect you. You got that chain on and you lean over into that stay change. Yeah, lot, it was out there, but I had the ring still, and I was dating this broad and I was so just destroyed that I gave her this ring, said I don't even want to be I don't want no part of this shit.
Speaker 5: It's just been struggled, and she took the run. We stopped being together. In twenty seven years later, this lady found me my old way and brought me this ring, little fucking word.
Speaker 6: Twenty seven years No, fuck now, I took it like this, This could either be one of two things. God is giving me permission to be coec Yeah he's having me, No, he's.
Speaker 5: Coming, Or I was killing that ass head well and it could probably better.
Speaker 6: But no, I took that as a sign from God, like it's coming, you know, because how hot is that even twenty seven years that the Curry Lady kept the ring for twenty seven years.
Speaker 1: And then you know it's the same exact way. It's no duplicate, there's no way.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I was in California and one of my guys called me said, you know this girl named Blah Blah blah. It's like, yeah, I used to and I thought she was trying to better up and get some mobil.
Speaker 1: You had a kid, You had a kid.
Speaker 6: Well, she came with a little boy and said, yeah, the boy was like nine years old, ten year old, so it had been way too you know, it was twenty seven The sun she'd have walked in would have been bigger than me.
Speaker 5: But she I thought she wanted a head. She came in with her little jit.
Speaker 6: I said, well, damn, she don't want no head, nothing like that. She sat down and she said, I just wanted you to have this back and gave me that ring.
Speaker 1: But you gave it to all. Okay, why because you said you didn't want nothing to.
Speaker 5: I just was tired. It's it's nothing, yeah, bro, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Man, I ain't gonna lie. It's again. It's something special about you, man. Yo. D is the d O C. The d O C is the g O d G O D is the d O c.
Speaker 5: Oh mind, I don't take no credit for nothing anymore. I don't want that shit.
Speaker 6: What your greatest of all the time, God is if you ask me, that's what I really want to say. Get out of that that that game because when when you pick one, see that's what happened with Easy, and.
Speaker 5: You want to pick one, let that one be the one. Then he gets to the head and all the other pieces fall apart. If you are Easy, how can you let doctor Drake get away?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: How can you do that unless you don't know what you got in the first place?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Same thing with sure, Wait, how can you do that?
Speaker 1: This is ju because okay, can you run us through both of those scenarios? Because you was there when Dre left Easy.
Speaker 5: I had to talk him out of there.
Speaker 1: They didn't just get up and leave ruthless.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had to go, Yeah, I'll talk Drake into leaving ruthless.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, But you before Cube went in there and started talking about he was upset with Jerry Heller and this was first he was first. Yeah, but nobody listened to Q, and Q came and talk to you, right, yeah about that swell.
Speaker 6: But but I was the low dude on the poe. I don't it all happened when we was the last show that straight out of come to.
Speaker 1: This is in the movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, the last show we.
Speaker 6: Was in Arizona. If you ever did shows in Arizona, they got this things around stage and they we went in there and tore that bitch up and Jerry Ella came down with Brian Turner with chicks.
Speaker 1: But Brian Turner was the priority guy. Priority okay, yeah, not ruthless priority.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, priority.
Speaker 6: And they had seventy five thousand dollars checks for each of those guys.
Speaker 5: Nothing for me. You know, I'm crazy, I know, right, But after that, Q was like, I'm not signing shit? Where's mine? I mean, why do I gotta sign some shit for some shit that I did?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Toomuch?
Speaker 5: Fat n w A wasn't a group at that time.
Speaker 6: On paper, Yeah, they had made they had sold almost two and a half million records, and they weren't contractually.
Speaker 3: And I've asked this question. I asked you this question, and he didn't really give me an answer. What happened with Arabian printing that whole process?
Speaker 5: I think Arabian started the writing on the wall.
Speaker 1: Before because he's on the album cover, he's a part of it.
Speaker 6: Well, then took that album cover before before I got there, and the first single came from me. They had figured it out before I got there. Bro, I tell folks, if you listen to Gangster, Gangster, Dope Man, and Boys in the Hood, those are the big records that they had before I got there. If you listen to those records, they're all the same. They're the same record. It's the same message, the same beat. Damn there, same cadence, just either dope Man, Dope Man or gangster gangs.
Speaker 5: You know, they had found a formula. They hadn't found the.
Speaker 13: Formula, you know what I man from the formula formula being able to take that and put it on the radio. You got to find a way to get on the radio otherwise. And so when the Easy, when we Want the Easy came out, we walk a radio single.
Speaker 5: Once you put it Easy on TV, that was it, no turning back.
Speaker 1: You said, you made the white people like.
Speaker 5: They loved him, loved him.
Speaker 6: Then when we started doing those shows that as teenagers, it was, you know, twenty thirty percent of white folks back.
Speaker 1: Then, you know, skame ring right, you know.
Speaker 6: So, And by the time we got to h the chronic and Dre had touched him when we was doing Up and Smoke, it was ninety percent white for white folks in that on anybody.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? Can you sold out everywhere?
Speaker 1: I'm changing subject a little bit. Can you break down the difference between the S Curl and the Jerry Curl?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know, because I ain't have no curl. I had Naps West Dallas. But you got to ask Yeah, you got to ask you.
Speaker 1: You gotta ask you that because s curl was like more like an East Coast thing Jerry Curl. Can we had soul glow? I was nine. You definitely had an S curl back then. I ain't gonna let you look. Don't. I don't want you. Did you had some type of girl looks.
Speaker 5: I know you.
Speaker 1: I know you had some ship back then.
Speaker 5: I know it.
Speaker 3: Something serious though on this record, I was ninety eight right on your single Where did Where did the Patchworan you come from?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because because you became it was from Jamaica all of a sudden, you just wanted to do so the does One of the documentary is doctor Drake looks and says, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know the fun this nig said to this day, I don't even wait. You just busted out with out of Nowhere. Yeah, were you listening to regular and you can tell you the story idea this is dope. Man was confused everyone, man, Laila was when I.
Speaker 5: Found the sample.
Speaker 6: The Foster Silvers record. We just sit there, we were doing n w A music at the time, and I'm listening to the record. I heard that motherfucker. My eyes get big. I'm like, Drey, listen to this, beget it.
Speaker 5: He said, okay.
Speaker 6: He started trying to mess with it and couldn't find any place where he could sample it. He's like, I can't sample this, man, you know, put it back. I was like, but I kept hearing that shit in my head.
Speaker 5: It's like, man. I went back to him about a week later, this the one, Drake, you do this one.
Speaker 6: Cause I can't simply know where I hate his ass up for a week later he said fuck it, he said, you got something to do?
Speaker 5: It said yeahs line.
Speaker 6: My eyes off come. He said, okay, I'll just play it again. So we replayed it. I'm in the in the in the other room with Laylad smoking or I p Laylad smoking and uh drinking, telling lay Lad, I'm mad Dre. I pitched Drake on Bee when he said come late summer because I ain't got sit and he said you got something, man, I said, fuck it. You know, I had a bunch of scrap pieces in my head that I had ridden six or seven months earlier to other beats. So when the Bee came on in my head that our house said do what you're making rapped out.
Speaker 1: So uh, but were you into reggae at all? I don't what you thought was best?
Speaker 3: But the base line was drinking, right, The baseline wasn't making Yeah the beat no no, no no no.
Speaker 1: The way he sound it was no, it wasn't.
Speaker 9: For him at that moment, in that moment when when that thing came on, that's what you sounded like.
Speaker 5: You're making mutic So that's what came out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I stop, the super was born.
Speaker 5: What you got a trip off this? None of them guys knew what was gonna come outcau ship.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what did they think?
Speaker 5: And then you need to click once and it pop hom So that said, I went, y'all ready for that.
Speaker 1: I was talking to them, stay on record, y'all ready for this?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well, and the mother Fum's like, oh my god, keep going, keep going, And that was one take. Whoa and some of that song is it's not it ain't words, it's just because I'm a lout of it.
Speaker 1: You're faking on that said, he's telling you that's why, that's why you're gonna watch the documentary. Don't get my way, don't get I'm not But when you hear dra Gold, I don't know what.
Speaker 5: He's like something.
Speaker 1: And he's never even asked you what you said the record.
Speaker 3: That has to be the first hip hop reggae record without.
Speaker 1: Even being rich. Sir Jenks I always asked, shout out to Sir James.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's an unsung right hero, he's the legend. Oh yeah, excellent In that documentary act he did Alive, I got a lot of respect for Sir Jay Jenks was.
Speaker 5: A cog in that wheel that folks don't talk about him, but if you take him out, it don't work.
Speaker 3: Him and Cuban Cousins right, no, no, him and Drea Cousins him Andre, Okay about first cousin the home the other funk Almostapien and Cube related.
Speaker 5: Yeah. You you stayed a couple of doors down from Jinks on on the street off fan Week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because instead of comping, he's the little brother, right yeah, right right?
Speaker 5: And uh, Jenks was a graffiti guy first.
Speaker 1: He's a super hip hop dancer. Yeah, I'm talking all the stages.
Speaker 6: He went through the four corners of hip hop wow, and became a producer. And he did a lot, you know what I mean, Like we we we groomed each other and grew.
Speaker 1: That was a hip hop crew, a legit hip hop crew. Bro. I love having you having sur Jinks are part of the documentary. I loved it. I was, I was sitting there.
Speaker 5: It was It was important because Jinks is one of the few dudes that know where all.
Speaker 3: The bones is to And I'm gonna be honest with you, and he went with Cube though with the lichen Bob.
Speaker 1: That's why you know what made me and me as a fucking guy who drinks a lot. It's gonna sound crazy what I'm about to say, me seeing him sober in the documentary because for the last five years you see him drunk. I've seen him a whole drunk, Like so drunk, like where I wanted to like, because you know, I wanted we wanted him and we had been a concert. Was you there with Mrs That one?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: This was another one? Oh the one in Vegas? Who this was in La? This was in La. And we jumped out of the car, Sir Jinx. As soon as I seen them, I was just like, yo, I wanted to give him a hug, and like he was just beefing with his friends. He was arguing with his friends. So I stood there and I wanted to, you know, wait my turn to say to say hi and give my respect, but they were just beeping so much that I was like, yo, I feel like I'm out of line keeping like interrupting this. So I had to like kind of like walk away. And then I walked away. And then I realized I had nothing but Puerto Ricans with me, so we might have looked like Mexicans.
Speaker 3: So I'm performing, and I realized nobody kind of said oy to me afterwards.
Speaker 1: This is in La, and I was realizing, oh shit, they don't have Puerto Ricans. I mean this, Puerto Ricans are gay.
Speaker 3: She had not it's about twelve no, No, it's about no Mexicans running the place where I'm from, Southgate, Cubans are running the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they run the place. But there's everything there, so you know. But that's about it. But oh James, I got him. I got a big up jenks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta give him a shout because no, he's the reason I don't drink today.
Speaker 1: Is because he told you about your birthday. He said, you gotta have a birthday.
Speaker 5: That's right, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 6: Exactly right, he says, said it was my It was the day of my grandmother's birthday.
Speaker 5: R I p to Maduro and it was the day after her birthday.
Speaker 6: And when he said that that ship, you gotter have a birthday. What it's my grandma's birthday, it's gonna be mine too. Now I'm full disclosure.
Speaker 5: I fell out the wagon last week, oh Ship, when KRS came to town and I wanted to ask him to be on his podcast. I got a problem asking people for stuff because I don't like to be told no.
Speaker 1: It changes the dynamic body, which we're gonna be on the podcast after this we're doing that.
Speaker 5: He'll come to your bal Ebody's just say it's a personal thing.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: I don't like that. I don't want to ask ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But but I stay away from that because if I ask you and you tell me no, then you've changed.
Speaker 5: The dynamic of relationship. I might care, I might like. So I'm just gonna let I'm gonna ask God and let him give it to me. However you want to.
Speaker 1: Get ead of me, that's you know what I mean. Where's the walks at Dallas? Yeah, but we're gonna record here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's a local thing, right because I'm all about Dallas for worth right now, Okay, right, I'm trying to go back to the crib and the it that traveled around the United States and hillpip it never went to Dallas. Yet they've never had their moment, you know what I'm saying, Like Lay had its moment on Houston or New Orleans or Miami or atlanticall la. Dallas never had theirs. And maybe I was supposed to be a condient for that, and then when I fell.
Speaker 5: Off, it off fell you.
Speaker 1: We didn't give the opportunity to Yeah.
Speaker 3: And just you know, we always big up the South here and I'm a big proponent of the South. Look at look at what the South. Did he's from the South. Oh yeah, and people don't even realize it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm from the I'm a New York Jamaican West Coast dude from the.
Speaker 1: South was making that for real.
Speaker 5: The song said.
Speaker 1: Kicks him by way of Dallas.
Speaker 5: I love it over there.
Speaker 6: But yeah, bro, like I'm going back to Jenks. I owe him alive for that moment in time because he put me on this road.
Speaker 1: And you know, Sylvia your own right, of course, I know sivil room.
Speaker 5: So I started the movie to sell.
Speaker 6: And man when it when it went out, she went up and starts clapping and sanging and stomping like it was an old Negro spiritual movie or something.
Speaker 1: That's how you know it movie, that's how it feels, bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, And I said to her, I quit drinking. She was like, thank god. I was like, wow, I must have really been you know, something else out there.
Speaker 1: But you know what was great about didn't you have a movie premiere?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's in film festival. It was inca Tronabecca. Yeah, but wasn't it in LA Because I remember just people just posting I've seen something where people just posting it was the premier.
Speaker 5: Was the first The premier was in at Triballca.
Speaker 1: Oh that was Tripreca okay, and that's in New York. Yeah, okay, I thought it was. It was Apropos because it was hip hop. Was fifty his birthday. Oh that's right, that's right, that's where uh in my.
Speaker 6: Eyes, it's a love it's a love story to hip hop. It's me, it's you, but it's really it's us, really, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Let me let me give you a moment. Man, it's you.
Speaker 5: Man, you know what.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that cam fuck, I swear I do, but it's us. I respect that that needs everything. You mean, I respect that. But let me just tell you something. When the football team plays, the football team wins, but it's always that one guy who scores the touchdown.
Speaker 5: That's right, and.
Speaker 1: The loved oc Let me give you your MVP.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's the culture. Yes, it's the culture. Yes, it's the culture, But it's that guy scoring that touchdown at the end.
Speaker 1: It's the running back that's going through the motherfucker and you know line of scrimmage that you've been doing, it's the running back going through the motherfucking red zone that's going through there. It's the motherfucker dude hitting that three point. It's the motherfucker catching that out of you. And you are that motherfucker. And I cannot let you stand here in my in my atmosphere, my show and not let you know how much you motherfucking are that motherfucker. And everyone here let me tell you something, everyone here is so excited to sit here to get an autograph from you at the end of the show and take a picture with you because of what you fucking mean to this culture, what you mean to our genre, and what you mean to our society. And I needed for you to know that you that motherfucker.
Speaker 6: No, No, I ain't glad, y'all. I'm when I say when when kr Rest came and then uh face came last night, in all these moments that you catch on camera, see, I never got a chance to hear any of this because I was in that hole with my guys, and these kind of things don't don't feel start down to me.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I'm in the back holding holding up to my guys. But but bro, that should mean that means everything. To know that the people that do the ship, yes, that really know love the fun they're talking about God got got respect for the path.
Speaker 1: The only respect is love, loyalty, and it's it's it's cherishment, you know what I mean. Like, I don't think this, Like I know we spoke about jay Z bicking you up earlier, earlier, but I don't think there's any MC that came behind you that can't show you that same amount of respect and love. It's just I don't use big words, but it's unequipplently, it's unincrivably not possible.
Speaker 5: It's just can't.
Speaker 1: Like when you think of hip hop, like I swear to God when I said it earlier, and I really can't think of hip hop about you, like I really can't. And you know what's crazy. People who are at the top of the game can't think of it neither. I don't think Drake can. I don't think rin can. I don't think Easy can. I don't think Jimmy IV can.
Speaker 6: It's the only story of youth, what you saw. It's the only story they haven't told yet.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful, though it needs to be told.
Speaker 6: G O D did that, man, he did that for a purpose, so motherfuckers can see. That's why waiting to say nigga, it's gonna be my time when we show this movie. It's gonna be a lot in me. And look what I did, and I look what that boy did to look good, this company did.
Speaker 5: This is what I did. And I'm gonna stand up there and I'm gonna say it loud as hell. You know what I mean because.
Speaker 1: You saw the movie, so you know I loved the movie. This ship, but I want to see this ship. I'm so bragging on him because I knew about it. Wait before, you know, I don't need the premiere, and I was like, where the fuck is this ship out? And I'm gonna be honest with you. I checked Prime, I checked Hulu. I didn't want to hate you the wrec. I wanted to watch it on my own and and when I realized, I was like, holy shit, like this this this, this is something that you're doing independently, correct because you did this premiere on your own. So this is not no Netflix. It's not for you to do. And I don't want to give you any suggestions or anything. But what I want to tell you is it belongs to everybody. That's right this story. I can't see it exclusive, although I know Netflix will probably give you a bag. And now he's just waiting for the right situation. Keep it to himself and Hulu will probably give you a bag. But in my opinion, this ship belongs to the world, like the world needs to see the d O C story.
Speaker 3: And the impact of your story has on everything that they didn't even know that actually it impacted.
Speaker 1: That's right, because it impacted so much.
Speaker 5: That's right. If you remember it was that accident was a fork in the.
Speaker 1: Road, right, you know what I mean, your career, that break don't happen. That thing about that accident is so crazy, is because when when when you investigated it and you say, the police pulled Joob first, and not only the police pulled Jeoba, but they took pictures with you. You had God records in the back y'all sitting there.
Speaker 5: When they when they told me get out of the car. I was loaded. I was on whatever.
Speaker 6: I was coming out to Beverly Hills Hotel, live in my best life with two of LA's.
Speaker 5: Finest you know, and uh, you know what I'm saying, But I but I didn't want to.
Speaker 1: Sleep the acronym what is the d O C? So I know the story you you were with two females. You d o s them them, but you didn't want to. You didn't want to. Which is which is?
Speaker 5: Which is?
Speaker 1: You know this is real like.
Speaker 3: Smash, but I don't want to sleep, that's right, So you wanted to leave. Gets pulled over by l A and they take pictures of your gold records.
Speaker 5: I got out there. They said, get out of the car. I get out. The cars are telling jokes and and giving the laughing. Oh yeah, BRO told him that I rote, I wrote the police. They laughed, yeah, like that, and the police too. And the gold records was in the backseat.
Speaker 1: Gold records back then, shot of records.
Speaker 6: It's like all I said. Now they want to autographs and shad. So they take pictures of me with my thing, of me signing the ticket, you know, and uh.
Speaker 1: Let me go in retrospect. I know this probably might be a hard question. Do you wish you would have got arrested there?
Speaker 5: Noo?
Speaker 1: Had you got arrested, maybe you wouldn't have had that.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't be a less right, but they had that.
Speaker 3: I feel the accent is a blessing, right, that's right, you feel it because it could have been worse.
Speaker 1: Probably had that accident not happened.
Speaker 6: I tell folks all the time that I was too part before too right. I could see that, not because I was a rapper, because I was in the space. When you were a position, in the position you were in, and being around that element, you're always going to be the first one to catch a fall, because they're protecting themselves in a way that you don't know. He had no business being in the middle of that stuff, kicking in whatever he was doing to that person, being who he is number one in Vegas, yeah, and being where he's found number two. It's double negatives.
Speaker 5: I cannot even tell you that they're gonna let you crash and that's what happened, you know, And I don't know who or what. That's not even my uh my place to be in the middle of that. I don't even listen to when they talk about Sean Combs and all that. I don't, you know. The only interaction I have with.
Speaker 6: What he did is when Sean was doing he did the records, sawing that dangs to Y called me and say, hey, what do I gotta do to get you in this video? I said, nigga, he did it, you know, send me a ticket right up there and knock it out, you know. And Sean was a uh a gentleman and a great scholar and a great gee he uh you know, he was super cool and I really enjoyed myself a mess. Sabba jud that that day and he was in there for hitting that bag. He was lighting that mother but up and I had a blast, you know what I mean, walking on the streets out there. Buffy had sent me some gear that's another story, as you know.
Speaker 14: But but I wore the gear John, Yeah, and and uh, but I really And then he sent me a bus to a party that I had to go to a party with all of.
Speaker 5: These stars and stuff. There wasn't no doors, and to be clear, it was one door you get in that's where everybody, and one door when you get out. And I got loaded in that mother parder. Then they got.
Speaker 6: Arrested leaving because you get loaded and you think you could talk shit to everybody, including NYPD. What you should never do unless you trying to go sit down somewhere for me, Yeah, just lead him along. Yeah, my guys, they snatched my ass and threw me on that bus and we pulled off. But but I had a great time Sean, and Sean was a true gentleman. I really appreciated him for not only just being respectful enough to put the record.
Speaker 5: Out, but to call me and say, hey, man, when you come to.
Speaker 1: Be a part of it, you know, that's what that was best coach to me, right, And that's that's what it was. Uh.
Speaker 5: That other ship was just some bullshit, and we still stuck in that space.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that all these years later, we're still dealing with the effects.
Speaker 5: Of that, stuck in that space. Everybody trying to be yeah, don't.
Speaker 1: Believe East Coast, West Coast is going.
Speaker 3: Nah, We're still dealing with the effects of that. Man, there's still being the youngest is going through that. No, not the youngest, but we're still debating and we're still talking about it.
Speaker 1: There's still like bad blood about it. I don't think it's bad, but I think I went older than what the offense were. What I mean to your point was that it's the street right, or the idea of what's that right.
Speaker 5: It's got the game.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying the specific people beefing or the coast beefing, but okay, yeah, we gotta let that.
Speaker 1: Go because because I'm gonna be honest with you, I haven't been in New York and like maybe eight months, but eight months ago I went through New York and I felt like I was in the West Coast. It's literally bloods and crips everywhere.
Speaker 5: That's what TV do for you. And I'm like Yolk or something like that. I was a pleasant.
Speaker 1: I would never think that. I would never think in eighty seven would you think that they would be blood and holks in New York? Hell, no, helmet.
Speaker 6: But I didn't think eighty seven it would be bloods and clips in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: You know, so I left Dallas.
Speaker 3: Everybody but you was telling us all explaining it on education was he was explaining it, and nobody wanted to really listen.
Speaker 1: He was saying that that gang members go out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, there's different reasons why it's spread, but he was giving you the blueprint at that time how it was spreading.
Speaker 1: But isn't it that kind of like even because because social media is a big part of the West Coast, we gave the West Coast rap right not to say it like that, but then the West Coast gave us gang banger.
Speaker 5: Well, look, there's a dude named Schooling d schoolies.
Speaker 1: Here's the rap. They say he's the original.
Speaker 6: Even a cadence that they used came from schooling day.
Speaker 1: First, yeah, you're saying because a lot of people who credit you with one of the most important people up against the rap Icy icedy as well, so like my role.
Speaker 5: But you said school d oh yeah, okay, the case is that Ice Ice ded Ice adopted then cbe adopted it. Wow, came from school he dam Am I right or wrong?
Speaker 1: From Philadelphia's right? Did I ever say if he was? He said he said in this show he said, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's exactly what.
Speaker 3: But am I wrong? Because you said you gave it to him? In terms of influence on gangster I never saw you in that light because I felt like you were like the nas of this period. Yeah, you wasn't really talking crazy.
Speaker 5: No, I think what what folks meant as I was able to help those guys get those got care. I got that because without radio you, especially back.
Speaker 1: Then, right even today, I could see hard than that, right, right, right.
Speaker 5: You don't win unless you get on the radio.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: Period what today it might be a little different, but but even today just like then.
Speaker 1: It's the same.
Speaker 6: The machine promotes the same five or six guys that they want to be.
Speaker 5: You know, the guys and everybody else just have to figure it out. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Now, Erica, had you vegan for two years?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Beautiful, that's beautiful.
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna tell you something or whatnot. I seen cam run when on it and he went on, what said something about my dude. She can't give him nothing. I know somebody because everybody she touches is traumatized.
Speaker 1: I wasn't ready, but uh, always.
Speaker 5: Always, I can't help but respect. That's sister.
Speaker 1: That's right now. Your relationship is beautiful.
Speaker 6: Beautiful because she gave me that child, and that child save my spirit. Whow when I couldn't love myself, that little girl loved me so much. Who that I had to try to straighten my shit out? You know, I don't want the window. I got caught drinking and driving an actress sit down for like thirteen months I did. I never called poem once during that time. And her grandmother, uh, Erica's mother. When I finally came home, she cussed me out, up and down, back and forth.
Speaker 5: Her grandmother because she said Puma cried all the time because you never called wow. And the whole time he was gone. And this is me and Poema we are you know, that's my that's that's my baby.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like I.
Speaker 5: Learned that I kill a motherfucker, then you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 5: And now my sons. That's why I say. Jill d gave me these two beautiful little girls to get me right, and then he gave me these boys so I could be right, you know what I man. And Bro came uh just being there to watch my my youngest son practice driveling.
Speaker 6: His last name is Curry, so you know he he automatically think he's gonna be Steph when it's this time because he already carried.
Speaker 5: You know what I man.
Speaker 6: So he got this little gold and he shoot from the other room and shit, and and all he wants you to do is watch him. No man, Bro, that's uh, that's my youngest son, my mom my oldest son. This guy's name is Legend, and he just loves his dad.
Speaker 5: He don't want to do shit. He don't want to go to the little air.
Speaker 6: He just want to sit and mess with those devices as long as he I'm somewhere.
Speaker 5: He could see me, he could see what man, So that's worth more. And all of the money that these.
Speaker 6: Guys got, all the accolades and the trinkets and the dish is that they give them, y'all can have all of that ship because I got these things that'll never die. And they're gonna they're gonna grow up and have sons just like I did, and they're gonna be able to show their sons that film, and their sons are gonna be able to say, Wow, I know what I could do because look at what my grandfather did and what he did with all the ship that he was up against.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm gonna take this mother.
Speaker 6: Matter of fact, my youngest son, Darren tells me all the time he's gonna be a billionaire.
Speaker 5: And he's gonna help me out with the bills. Come on, Bron, that's what I'm talking about it. I'm so happy to hear that because I need some help help that out. And that shit means everything, Bro, and I the.
Speaker 6: Accolades and the money and all the blessings that were supposed to have come back. Then the motherfuckers about to fall. I know that, right, And I ain't got the kiss, no ass to get it right. I ain't got to suck. No, I don't have to do nothing to get it.
Speaker 1: No doors, no doors, no doors. It might be you might have just the other way. That's what people understand me. Right, might take some patience.
Speaker 5: How are you going to react when it's your turn? When the rabbit get the gun right with grace?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. You kind of stopped me earlier on this, but I just kind of want to say how much the love that I felt Gray has for you. When he says, I'm sorry if we're at it, if you want me to, but he says, I'm his voice, Nigga, I'm sitting there trying to be tough, to not be tough. When your friend says, you know, fuck that, I'm his voice, like meaning, some of the best raps you ever heard out of my mouth came from him.
Speaker 5: So I'm his voice. That's right. Same thing with the dog man.
Speaker 1: I love that those guys allowed me to live. I love them. I loved if you said you said you also said you said you vicariously lived through snoop During that first you stood in the studio and you wanted to give all you had to him. This is a lot about your character. I don't know you could have been better at that time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's not gonna help nobody, you know what I mean. That's not gonna help me. It's not gonna help them. It's not gonna make no money like I had one. And I was so when when when when? When it happened, I was so ashamed that I let it happen to me.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go home with the record. Yeah, okay, you know.
Speaker 5: When you at home, they don't think you're gonna do nothing. You ain't feelsh, you know, then.
Speaker 6: You escape and and make it and it's right here and you blow it or you know what's gonna happen when you get home.
Speaker 5: They finna let your ass have it.
Speaker 6: And I couldn't even go home, So I had to stay out there in La till I could figure this shit out.
Speaker 5: Woll how am I gonna get it?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna step back and and be see gonna be somebody that's behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: So I talked Shug into building something for us, me and him first before before Dre but I couldn't.
Speaker 6: I couldn't get out of my own way, so I can't do this shit without without Dre, he said, we gotta figure that out.
Speaker 1: And he had no relationship with Dread at the time. So you're the seed planet. You're the nucleus for all.
Speaker 5: Of that, the lunchpin.
Speaker 6: It don't work because somebody gotta suffer in order for it to happen. With them that they work out there, somebody got to lose. Everybody don't get to win. And I take this step back because I think if I take one step back, I could take two steps forward.
Speaker 5: But that was before before the real gangster shit showed up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like, I'm writing all these songs about all this, but when that real ship showed up, you get quiet, real motherfucker fast. When when when those real situations show up. And a lot of a lot of that stuff I could never repeat. But I would have to work with them glasses at I asked some glasses when I came in, But I would have to sit and that and that space loaded with them glasses, them black glasses, basically hiding behind them motherfuckers, cause you kill or be killed in that space. You can't show no weakness. So even though you know what's what's going on is wrong. You can't say nothing. You have to just suck it up, right, you know, That's the space I was in. It was extremely uncomfortable, but it was something that God wanted me to go through and learn that so that when I go talk to these young men, they understand that I'm coming from a place of love. But I'm not telling you nothing that I think that. I'm telling you what I seen. What's gonna this is these are the steps that's gonna happen to either destroy your life or save it.
Speaker 5: And and the choice of to you.
Speaker 6: But I'm not finna blown on smoke up your ass and make you think that life is just it's beautiful, because it ain't.
Speaker 1: The scariest part of you know, I think I'm been famous for twenty five years, right, I've been part of this game. Right.
Speaker 5: But one of the.
Speaker 1: Dangerous parts was after the Tupac and Biggie both passed. Yeah, like it didn't feel real, it didn't feel right, and it almost felt like the streets was more in control of the industry than we were at that time, or unveiled that fact. Yes, you're you're need deep, You're like, I'm I'm little guy, but your knee deep in it. Did you ever think that the streets would take over like music like that? I couldn't see that. I didn't see it neither. And I'm outside of looking at it at the time. That was the inside of looking out, but you were inside. Yes, it was a he was a different beast. He became a different beast. Or was he always that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? He was always He was a different, different motherfucker. But you guess why.
Speaker 6: You can't take nothing away from him because even though it was messy, he moved that stuff forward in a way that the machine didn't want it to move, but he wanted it to move, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Wow, But let me ask you, why are we all surprised of that fact when the whole entertainment business and the music business specifically was always controlled by the underworld, the mafia. That's that's the way the music industry, Hollywood, all of that foundations is the mob. You want me, it is the underworld organized crime, but not our mobs. You're right, But I'm just saying for it to spill over it. It was always there like that, that, that dirty side was always there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I can humbly answer that question, we never made it and then had the same problems of us not making it. That's why it felt weird because bad Boy and Death Row with two of the most successful people. How the fuck do y'all got beef? The most successful, most successful everything.
Speaker 3: They could have changed what you said, Like, it could have been a magazine It could have been a simple magazine couple. But we didn't know that, and we didn't understand that. Holy shit, do you know how powerful we would have been together. But then again, it's young men with a lot of money. Again, I think we underestimate the age of everybody, Like like people talk about Tupac today as if he's our aide doing young men but also doing extraordinary thing and so it shug So it was easy at the time. So like that's the thing, is young men doing young men ship. And then we got to understand then this foundation I'm talking about those doors.
Speaker 1: They know these young men oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Doing that that are probably gonna go astray and then give knowing that they're dealing with some money things.
Speaker 1: So I mean, we just got to like put it in perspective to understand easy.
Speaker 5: Jerry's genius, right, if you.
Speaker 1: Keep could I mean you could.
Speaker 6: Was identifying whoever it was right and putting him into space to be who he was.
Speaker 1: Jerry, Yeah, because not everybody would have gave Easy that off.
Speaker 5: You are knowing that Easy was the brick. Yeah, and he wasn't you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like, if you'd have gave any of those other guys that option, they probably wouldn't have took that option.
Speaker 1: Because let me ask you, and I wanted to ask you this earlier, do you think Easy was persuaded into like Jerry's point of view or do you think it was Easy's idea?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think it was Easy, Okay, I don't. I don't either know he gave him the gang.
Speaker 3: I think Jerry gave me. Jerry said, yo, and it was the It was the norm. Doing foulshit was the norm. And you don't even know it's foul shit, like all the contract shit that we talk about now, Like you know, if we learn to be managers, we learned it from this person, then we managed this person and we put them on another contract.
Speaker 1: That's normal, but it's foul.
Speaker 3: And then as we keep going, we say, hold on, man, this contract fucked up because that's the norm, and that's the thing man, right, And this is the thing about hip hop, and this is my maybe it's my not even say.
Speaker 1: About hip hop.
Speaker 3: But the reason why hip hop should have been and is different is because it encompassed the whole culture that was more than the genre of the music itself that was being monetized by the industry. It had the opportunity and still has the opportunity as a full on culture that has a lot to offer more than the music that's being monetized. But what did the industry do, whether we say it's nefarious or not, They broke up the cost these breakdancers, they don't make money, and these DJs ain't shit anymore.
Speaker 1: But these coffiti artists don't do nothing. And but not only that, it's the biggest thing that we mentioned it slightly is the East Coast and West Coast like when you actually look at it, East Coast and West Coast are the same people with different That was a divide and conquer opportunity.
Speaker 3: Fucking accents and to monetize while you're dividing and conquer, right, conquer you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You never see to your point earlier, the.
Speaker 6: Most acts in show business we have egos and we want to be the best, and we're gonna turn down the house.
Speaker 5: But you never see the rock acts.
Speaker 1: That's what we sell. They don't do that.
Speaker 3: They don't and even if they do, they let they one hundred and three and died and then they still live.
Speaker 1: I'll never die, right, Mickjack out here seven hundred years old, right, the grand and the grandkids are still trying to get in the bigga at nineteen hundred years old. And we got wooden teeth just.
Speaker 6: In Smalls and in Tupac, just in those two men. If you think about what we got ribbed as older men, because you could you could see the trajectory that block was. I said, I said, we needed Malcolms.
Speaker 1: We need while he was there.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 1: That's what that he was there, you know, that's where he was.
Speaker 5: That guy. That's the stuff that I'm talking now that I'm trying to do. He was. He was paid in that road then right to get out there and talk to these boys the way they need to be talking.
Speaker 1: He kind of did it in his acting more than his Music's right. Well, well, well he did it in his music as well.
Speaker 3: He did, but I'm saying his acting showed him in a light that wasn't shown back then for artists. Pop made me when this ship rap artists at least, and then go to church the next day. I'm saying, I wonder I haven't got a ghetto like where he's got a baby, he said, Brendan, I wonder why you call you bitch? I said, wait a minute, right, that gott of me? It's real geminis. Yeah, bro, motherfuckers are crazy, relaxed bro with the Gemini. Yeah, my wife is a gymnist.
Speaker 1: Gemini about someone that's a crazy motherfucker Gemini. So you on the Tupac side, Yeah, yeah, my wife is on the Tubox side to June. But but that's what it's really. It's not that Geminis are fake people. Is y'all are really those people? When it become those people, I don't know. I don't like the way you're talking about it. No, I'm just being honest. You are that person and then you are this person. We are both, we are everything. This is what I'm trying to take you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they send them at all and all of those other substances.
Speaker 1: That thing, all the will, that's what it is. I listened to Tupac one day and he had a record call I Know you love the Old School and and and if you listen to it, he breaks down New York in a way that only in New Yorker could, only a New York could break it down. But then the very next record comes on California. Niggas were chucks and up balties, that's why. And I believed in town. That's right, that was his loyalty speaking as well.
Speaker 3: This motherfucker was a genius e from Baltimore. He was both and he's from Baltimo. He was from wasn't he born in New York? And then he went to school in Baltimore, Brooklyn? I believe born in went to school in Baltimore, grew up in Oakland and Oakland.
Speaker 1: He's from everywhere.
Speaker 3: Bro Yes, yes, And that doesn't make him fake, that makes them global, that makes.
Speaker 1: Him Yet it makes them more friends in the most kids his age.
Speaker 5: When you talk about acting like there's there's no besides you got will, there's not another hip hop guy that with shops.
Speaker 3: Queen Latifa, Queen latifas dope but pock Yes.
Speaker 5: Academy Award winning kind.
Speaker 1: Of back then, yeah, back then, yeah, Gridlock. What he did Gridlock?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought he was. We got a round of that.
Speaker 6: You know, he was gonna be a great, great fucking actor and do things for us in this hip hop space.
Speaker 5: That a louder but but we'll, you know, we'll crush that for us.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got classic giant movies out and he's a fantastic fucking actor for the Oscars.
Speaker 1: Let's strot that out. There was that actor. I don't know what what's that acting. I'm still a little confused that.
Speaker 5: Acting because I've seen something on TV so on them on the web.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they tried to break it down.
Speaker 3: The no, that was fake, the one where they showed the movie that was that was they created that. Yeah, see that's how we're all fucked up nowadays. We don't know what's you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They created that, They put it, made it black and white, man, look like it.
Speaker 5: Was an old movie that.
Speaker 1: They I got caught to it.
Speaker 5: That was big, made that up? I because, man, how do you do that?
Speaker 1: That was a gold move that night?
Speaker 5: And what what shapills saying? I know the one thing he wouldn't have done it. He's enjoyed the rest of his evening. Uh, speaking about our Chris Rock took that swallowed that.
Speaker 1: He handled that man.
Speaker 5: Man, that that was the cold what. I don't know what the hell?
Speaker 6: No, yes, I do out of I would have lost at that fucking and I don't think i'd have been able to hold that one.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Am I going too far?
Speaker 3: They told, Okay, now you gotta give credit to Chris Rock on that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rock nothing, but look, I've I've always had the greatest respect for him as an artist, even when he was when when he was doing the SNL big you could tell he was writing.
Speaker 5: And I'm a writer.
Speaker 1: So that's about Chris Rock. Yeah, I thought you would have been mad at him for c before I thought he was a say, pooky, you mean that the boys thing?
Speaker 5: He was doing it.
Speaker 1: It was one of the Oh I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 5: One of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, the ship wasn't funny, you know, But I ain't mad at nobody's ship. Minister Society. It was a dude named Doc in that movie with the biggest d O C on his hat. It was watch the shorts brother or something in the movie.
Speaker 1: So when they was in the room watching the him doing the ship, the the.
Speaker 5: Guys walking around with the hat on and say, d o h, yes, I've always.
Speaker 1: Been there Pink from Friday.
Speaker 5: W No, I'm talking about Minister Society. It was a young dude.
Speaker 3: If it's with two shots, they watching him do the robbery, they just watched him like they're having fun.
Speaker 1: They got the shotgun right, Yeah, that's not what he said. You think you're wrong and nothing that this different movie. I'm up, but I'm outside.
Speaker 6: Yeah, rober I was there. That's why they in the movie spread out of concert. I'm there through the whole movie. I don't say a whole lot, but I'm there.
Speaker 1: But uh, is that why that movie is so fucking great?
Speaker 5: Because I was there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe what you want consultants the whole time.
Speaker 6: Now, they asked me some questions and ship and I did you know, Jerry called me and said, these folks want to talk to you. I gave him my stories, but if you really want to tell the stories, you gotta go to Jinks. He knows them all and he tells him so well, and he don't give a shit.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Did you ever think it would be this like this war? Like I noticed, it's like an appliche type of question. Do you ever think the hip hop was big at this war? But it's like did you I.
Speaker 5: Think we on the other side of the messed up parts?
Speaker 1: Other side is good or bad? Good?
Speaker 5: I think the machine is employed it is, you know. I think all those old systems are falling apart.
Speaker 6: They're starting to eat each other, which opens the door for us to build new systems that work for us, you know what I mean, because one of the creators control the business and then we win. The machine controls the business because they created the only lanes and you can only play. You can only walk through this door if you walk through it the way they want you to walk through. That's the only way you get in these lanes. So we have to develop lanes for hours. Yeah, and for those that's coming behind us, because it's just dollars and cents. You know, I don't give a damn about having an academy for the best woo to woo to woo.
Speaker 5: I just want to make my great heart, make my money, feed my kids.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 5: I don't need y'all to tell me what y'all think is dope. Hell, y'all are whack.
Speaker 1: The accolades don't mean shit if you can't feed your family.
Speaker 6: Snooper's mad at the Grammys. They never gave him a Grammy. I don't know if Eminem ever got a Grammy. These guys are mad at the Grammys.
Speaker 1: Do we need a hip hop polar Fan or hip hop Grammys outright? Bro?
Speaker 5: We need we need it all. Let's need to own it and control it, monetize it, you know, and sell out for us. Right.
Speaker 6: We need to get all the youngsters with the money and say, let's do this thing together. You know, come in in and sit your ass down somewhere and let's make some money together. But let's build together. Let's let's concentrate on education.
Speaker 15: Matter of fact, www dot doc cares dot org is my nonprofit.
Speaker 5: I've been doing it for about eight months now, building the structure around this movement. And I can't get too deep into it, man. But the thing that I'm doing at the end of the movie.
Speaker 6: Out there in them fields with the cares, and that's the movement that But it's I told yod Is, I made the movie.
Speaker 5: And run into whatever struggle I am trying to get it out.
Speaker 6: But the stuff that's going on at the end when Peter Johnson gives me that speech that's being built right now.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 6: So that when the movie and this is my guess, yodd, so that when that movie touches down, you're gonna be able to see that on the screen and then be able to look at your witness see that shit gone. I saigned, Wow, And that is a sign of change. Change has not come. And like Sam Cook used to sing about it, we here know, we here that we came to change this right here, and we're going to get these young boys ourselves and instructure.
Speaker 5: These young men in a way.
Speaker 6: All they wanted some money, Let's go find some money. Are they wanted some power, Let's delegate some power. Let's teach these young men respect. I don't want you to give your guns back.
Speaker 5: And you need you may need them things, you know, but what you're doing with them right now is costing you more than you gaining. You know what I mean. You're not doing nothing with it but playing video games in real life, and you don't get to get back up when they pop your ass in real life. You don't get an.
Speaker 6: Extra life and get the bounce back up and do this sit again, You out of there, you know, And so I want these young kids to be there for their sons. I'm trying to get you right for yours because why you're dressing him like you and you're giving them your matter rhythms, you're really just teaching them.
Speaker 5: To be you.
Speaker 6: And if you're gonna be dead at thirty three, then what are you teaching them? You're teaching them be dead at twenty three? Right, Gotta think about it, man, think about it, and get your your head out of your ass, you know, with all due respect, and start thinking about our communities. That's ours. You don't want the police coming in there doing that, then we don't want nobody doing it nobody.
Speaker 5: Now, if you get outside this circle, you have at it right, you know. But you want to bust somebody in there butt, go to bed hills and bust them, well, don't do that in here. And you have it all day long.
Speaker 6: See how long that will last? Henna last too much longer because they not having that.
Speaker 5: So we shouldn't know that. We should be able to talk to these men, young men and help.
Speaker 6: Them see they power, help them see what's possible for them, you know, because it's it's way bigger than some Jordan's and and some pussy excuse my language, and.
Speaker 5: Holding you know, a thousand dollars worth of ones to here. Yeah, I mean like even buying these big gas change that's worth three four hundred, five hundred thousand, winding it to the strip club on Saturday night. But you know what I mean, that's the same you took three of you guys that same million dollars.
Speaker 6: To to quote NISI, it's a hundred acres m You're not gonna find a better way to, you know, to to get that money straight and reinvest in it in something like that, because soon as you wear that chain out somebody wanted to take it, it's already lost its value. But the one that you put that that million dollars into that undred acres, it's not only it's gonna feed you, it's gonna feed.
Speaker 5: Your kids, kids kids. If you do the right ship with that land, you know what I mean, If you the way they doing our food supply these days, you got this gold ain't going out the way. And Bill's Gates, Bill's Bill Gates. He's a Bill Gates, Still Gates, Still Gate.
Speaker 3: He's buying up all the land they gm on all of them land to like, there's a lot of things reasons why you should buy land and grown no.
Speaker 5: Less, consolidate your power, your understanding and get out of that uh NWA mentality, the n W with our Q get to go back to the NVAUA with Q menality when we was trying to figure out how to get them to stop.
Speaker 6: Now you didn't pick picked up where they left off, and you're doing a much better job of killing us than they are.
Speaker 5: Well you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: That's just just my humble opinion, man, But I see, like I said, I think we passed.
Speaker 5: The worst of that, and we in the stage where we where we're trying.
Speaker 6: To figure out how to be better about it, how to get these young folks and help them monetize their art in a way, and then Dallas some folk worth for me, give them an avenue where they could go like when I don't know if you if you order young enough to know to remember the Fever and those kind of clubs back then in New York City, those things don't exist.
Speaker 5: Anymore, you know what I mean, They don't have nowhere to show it.
Speaker 6: If you're not if you're not a adult dealer, you don't have nowhere to go because they go everywhere because they backing where they go. But if you just regularly help our guy or chick, you don't have those those spaces anymore.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to recreate those avenues for for just for hip hop in general in Dallas, for work because they deserve it.
Speaker 1: So one of the biggest things about the documentary was you searching for get to your voice back right then it's this operation that's presented you again without giving everything up. It's presented to you and they say, well, how much would this be? He said, Man, you got to be in their friend. That was the least your concern.
Speaker 5: Now that's that's the one motherfucker I don't mind ask him for.
Speaker 1: But but but me looking as a doc I know, I know he would spend that for you. Oh yeah, I know that in the heartbeat. But but now this is probably serious part of this whole interview. Is that something you're gonna pursue. No, Bro, you don't know like I was.
Speaker 5: Like when I started making that movie in my heart and that I was ready to go.
Speaker 1: Let's go, because you kept saying this one last time. I want this one last time. Right.
Speaker 5: But when they came with the A, I think, you know, because I don't want to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but but if it's possible that I can actually do it myself and I and I talked to you on The guy's name is Peter Bulaski.
Speaker 1: I talked to him a couple of days ago, and he.
Speaker 5: Still want to know what we're doing.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a surgeon. That's the white guy that's on the on the on in the movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was gonna come here with me. Okay, Yeah, I was trying to get him to come here.
Speaker 1: I love his honesty, see you, I love his honest He gave you the real percentage.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you know. And it it didn't sound good good it.
Speaker 1: It didn't sound good.
Speaker 5: No, it didn't sound good.
Speaker 1: It didn't sound great. It did sound good. Did sound it sound good? It didn't sound great.
Speaker 5: But there's not.
Speaker 6: Always that that possibility. And to say, you know, you think about these very beautiful women when they go out and start getting stuff shot in they butt like once you get it shot in there, that's it.
Speaker 5: You know, ain't know you can't suck it? I can or can't you suck it out? I don't know if you can do that, but once you once you take that stuff, that's it.
Speaker 6: Well, so I'm very coutious about and I wanted to see how if I'm being on the side, I wanted to see what people's thoughts.
Speaker 1: Were through the film.
Speaker 5: Just in general. I did it in the film.
Speaker 6: I made it a point to get everybody's real tak an opinion on it. And some felt this way, some felt that way for this reason and for that reason, and they was all genuine and serious of it, you know.
Speaker 5: And so I'm still okay thinking about it.
Speaker 6: But I'll say this that that that doing that documentary for me was a cathartic experience. It helped me get past a lot of shit, even doing the documentary in the first place. Folks have been trying to get me to do this stuff for a long time and I just couldn't see it. But it was let me see twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: I met Peter.
Speaker 6: Johnson in twenty nineteen. He took me to the sixty second anniversary of the Little Rock nine in Arkansas. I went and met those people right, sat and had dinner with them, and they told many stories, and that shit opened up something. And when I got back to my crib. It felt I had like a revelation moment. Jo D showed up in my in my front yard and said, you can let that that pain that you've been holding all this time, you can let it go.
Speaker 5: You you didn't do that. I did that.
Speaker 6: I did that for a purpose, and you're about to walk in that purpose. Jo D showed up and said.
Speaker 5: This to me. And I've been doing this ever since.
Speaker 1: Then of a suddenly it's been.
Speaker 5: A slow walk back up the hill.
Speaker 6: But I went and found my own bread, went and found the own director, went and found the producers. Wrote to motherfucker, myself had to stay on these these these white folks like a like a slave master.
Speaker 5: No pun.
Speaker 6: Intended to make sure that this story is told the way it needs to be told. And it turned out. You know, I'm so proud of it is that no one could do it better of hip hop documentaries.
Speaker 1: And is that the name of it? What's the name of it?
Speaker 5: The doctor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the doctor. We gotta flight. I just I just want to like, I just want to focus on the dock because I'm a documentary guy. I love documentary me too. So when I sat there and all the footage you got from your mom's, your family to everyone just chiming in. It was just like, this was extraordinary, bro, when.
Speaker 5: It come on, When it first come on, and then the gangster music start playing.
Speaker 6: And you see that action that's going on, and then you jumped right from that to the doctor's chair.
Speaker 5: Yes, and not see all of that ship. Yes it lock you in, bro, And the next thing you see is me and Dre.
Speaker 1: Immediately immediately you see the doctor saying, it's funny as hell. I'm sorry. That's just for the people that they're like giving him like vocal and the doctor is just a funny guy. The doctor is just sitting there, he's like the doctors like you with the doc he was like and it's hilarious. But then boom straight into the fucking studio with Dre and you're sitting there and now you know, I don't know how to pronounce words.
Speaker 16: Come camaraderie. Yeah, that camaroppery, the camaraderie with you and Dre and you sitting there and you joking on him. He's joking on you back, y'all just talking. It's just like that to me is friendship, Yeah, relationship.
Speaker 1: To me, it's like, you know, I wish Sonny is there like me and Sonny, he's my friend. I met him through herefn right here. But I could always joke on Sonny in the worst way, and he knows I don't mean it in the worst and I don't meet him right there, and I don't mean it in the worst way. And it was the same thing that I saw with you and Dre, Like as soon as the ship started, he goes, hey, man, this is my friend. He'd been sucking up for a long time. That means you guys have been through the ringer. Oh yeah, that's all that means is y'all been there on that he's got.
Speaker 5: He can say that.
Speaker 6: Because he knows, you know, if you push the wrong button, it's gonna be a problem. But I know that you saying that for love and for a fact, And that's why I gave him there. When I came in from this side, that was me helping this joke out and it played well. I mean, so we know each other. I know the tred is great at what he do, and my my thro my purpose is to help people.
Speaker 1: So I always love that.
Speaker 5: I love that's what I do.
Speaker 1: BRO all good at that, But there's not too many people in life just like that. That's why it makes you special. But I want to get to this story of you jumping in a limo.
Speaker 5: With the gang matters in the back.
Speaker 1: And you just took the limo.
Speaker 5: And and look so this was uh we was, and it's in the movie. This is when future shot had turned to death Row and it's that party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great. I never you about future shock at all. Future shock that was pre didn't know that that wasn't widely Yeah it wasn't.
Speaker 5: They don't. They're not undersay, Bro, they don't tell the history is written.
Speaker 1: But that's that's the craziest.
Speaker 5: But it ain't.
Speaker 1: That's history is not the truth.
Speaker 5: His story.
Speaker 1: His story is written by the victors.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: So they're giving you their narrative of what of what happens true. That's why Christopher Columbus discovered America.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: But when you watch the documentary, what you get is the real, unadulterated truth. And you can tell that that's what you're getting and it's not coming from me, It's coming from them.
Speaker 5: Right, you know what I mean? And so uh huh. One of the the.
Speaker 6: The blessings is to be able to just be able to know that you know that that's real coming from them. No, he said, he's never seen Drake.
Speaker 5: Smile like that.
Speaker 6: And you can generally see that dras happy and shit like he's always guarded when you get on camera, and people at that level, you know, they got to.
Speaker 5: Watch their mouths and watch they're guarded. But dres and that, you know, he's just happy to be there. You know the same thing with him and you, You and the dog and ship everybody.
Speaker 1: And everybody's just happy. They're happy to lend their time to a legend, and that resonates. I'm telling you, whoever sees this documentary, it's gonna be like wow, because people sincerely the same way you want to see everybody win. I want to see you motherfucking win. I'm being honest.
Speaker 5: I was talking here.
Speaker 6: Uh they was talking about it and they slipping in my mind. Uh ah that shit, that shit lost my mom. But it's something about, uh, the way this game does us that that's somebody in my space.
Speaker 5: Or somebody was saying that. There's a lot of folks prayed, but that's why I'm still here.
Speaker 6: R Like when that reg happened, it was so many people crying and praying that that's the reason I'm still here.
Speaker 5: So they was calling God on speed. Died like, man, help my guy, yep, and he said, you know what I mean, And I've heard that so.
Speaker 6: Many times over over my life that I know that it's folks that are that want this win from me better than I want it for myself. But and so that's why I'm gonna walk in it when g O. D Decides to give it to me with grace, because it's because.
Speaker 5: They prayed that hard that he says, I'm gonna give it to him this way, and I'm gonna be the man if they want that, they need me to be the respect that gift when it comes, you know, and shine like a mother.
Speaker 1: You can believe that or you're doing it. I'm gonna use the bathroom real crazy too. Then there I got one more question and that's it. But ho yo yo, Like I told you, man, I watched the documentary this is it was so entertaining too me. But it's one part of the documentary that I want to ask you. And Dre says he does not regret a lot of things in life, but one of the things that he regretted in life was when you came over the house and he wished he would have told you to stay at the house before the accident. Before the accident.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was that morning. Uh, I had been shooting. This was before the sex compade, because.
Speaker 1: You came to the video six hours Yeah, I was six.
Speaker 5: Hours late because I was hanging out with shooting. You know what man doing again And I'm six hours late to the formula. To the formula.
Speaker 1: They're making the best wrap up they are And if you look at fifty cents in the club, that's kind of like the same video. That's the formula that I know what I know, shout shout out the fifth Fifth, my guy.
Speaker 5: He's always so respectful and give me queens even queens call Fifth and said you to show up from a video? He said, tell me where you know what I mean. Uh, it was just scheduling. But God had asked for.
Speaker 6: Very few people, the people that I respect. That that that was that was gonna mean something to the story for me. But tremendous love and respect for filth because what what what what.
Speaker 5: You get is the it's the outside version of the street version.
Speaker 6: I remember, there's the thing I keep seeing over and over again on the web of y'all always together somewhere.
Speaker 1: It's right, it's just the first but that freestyle, that freestyle is legendary, and that freestyle orco legendary continue.
Speaker 6: So from that, from that, POV, the dude has always been that guy, you know. And so when he came to l A and and connected with Dre Man's and that in the club beat, mm hmm, you know it's it was pretty much overweight.
Speaker 5: But Lorie, yeah, yeah, man, I don't know how many of these things.
Speaker 1: No, please come on, give me one. But I brought these shirts because let me finish the question, because when Dre said, let me give us the shirt I'm taking. Is there any regret that you have that because Dra said that that one regret that he have is he didn't. He didn't he didn't want you to leave the house that day. He wants he wished to keep you. There. Is there any regret that you have that you could take back anything in this whole thing?
Speaker 5: People asked me that that a lot M and man, I love me, m M, the day, I love my kids.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the both and you don't you know your thought.
Speaker 5: Changed any of that. I don't have my kids.
Speaker 1: If you change any of that, any of that trajectory, I'm not who I am today.
Speaker 5: And so what I learned from that twenty seven years was to learn in your own personal life where you are.
Speaker 6: Most folks solve my path as destruction. But there's a difference between destruction and construction. When you see a building implode like the nine one one not a level head. It took five, ten, fifteen seconds for them things to be out of there. If they were to building things back, it would take years for those things.
Speaker 5: So destruction is like this. Construction takes a while.
Speaker 3: And I had when I had that accident, My moment of destruction was instantaneous.
Speaker 6: But had I known that, every day after that, I was in construction mode getting here, I could have.
Speaker 5: Had a better time at it, you know what I mean. But who I am today, I got a lot of respect for that dude.
Speaker 6: Man, I got a lot of respect for that guy because he's a stand up guy. Not too many of the motherfuckers exist. I'm not a thug nigga, but I don't have no fear of thug niggas. I'm just a good nigga.
Speaker 5: That it is the very nast.
Speaker 1: It's not even a question. It's not even a question, it's a statement. Do you remember me? You Corruptiz believe in Nick Dog?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I came hung out with me in the Bronx. And then, well I did not know. I did not know New York City was starting to become like gang banging, right, So a dude drove through. I remember, a crypt killer I had never seen. They lost a fucking dask gave him a mac t and I was like, you don't know, but because the guy was just driving through, and and like, you know New York at the time, we were right, I don't know we were We were fucking I gotta say we, even though I wasn't. And and then we chilled.
Speaker 5: What was we at?
Speaker 1: We was in the Bronx, he was in the Bronx.
Speaker 5: With see the baseball stadium.
Speaker 1: Right there, And then we was right there at that corner store. That's when the guy came CA that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: And but by the way, I was like, oh, because I didn't understand the series biness of what had just happened. And the guy I knew. His name is O. G. Mack. He's a great guy. He did this every day he didn't know there was no actual crips. He was gonna be on the block. He was doing that. He was just doing like that. That was just what it was at the time. I'm sorry. And I remember we leaving there and then I brung everybody into my crib. You remember you came to my crib. You came to my actual real house, and I invited to everyone. We had a barbecue each other and I was.
Speaker 5: Apologized because that was a bad company. I was not the one that bend you wanted to.
Speaker 1: Mac was like, give me the gun. I was like, with a minute, d c bro, Like, but but yeah, I'm gonna be honest, thank y'all, man, you know, because what I knew there's no such thing as a as A didn't who you are in LA and who we were in New York the same fun that's right, bro, And like it was just it was you said it earlier. I felt like it really was. The magazine kind of like told us that we were different. Like even if you look at the Source of Wars and you look at that ship, even okay, Source Awars was a magazine company, you know what I mean. But I felt love my first time going to la I felt, I felt they funcked with me. I felt I fucked with them.
Speaker 3: But then when I read yes, hip hop was everybody loved it. If you loved hip hop, you was loving it from wherever you were at. If you was dope over in Chicago, you was dope in Atlanta, la Is wherever the fuck. If you was into it, you was into it man. And the media started to say, now, well, you know what, there's this region, there's this region, is this region, and y'alln'.
Speaker 1: Get along with this guy. Y'all don't get along with this guy's.
Speaker 5: Marketing and promotion media UH focused bs BS is what drives this country.
Speaker 6: And I used this analogy when I try to talk to folks about it, how the system uses UH marketing and promotion to lean on motherfuckers.
Speaker 5: You can see what America, and I'll saying this to you guys earlier. You can see what America.
Speaker 6: Did to us, right, the black and the browns of us that are in this space. You can see our bruises and our weapons. You can see our communities tore up and struggle. You can't see what America did to them white folks, but their pain is there too, and it's killing them right now because they can't face it.
Speaker 1: They've even and it is destroying.
Speaker 5: They are beginning to eat themselves from the inside. Imagine being that seven year old young person that your mother and father took you to the Big Neck where they were hanging negroes and cutting their bodies off and eating them.
Speaker 6: Imagine being that kid who's a grown grown up person now living with this in there. What that's doing to you on inside? You know, I mean, you can't say it's wrong, blah blah blah. It's a whole lot of them folks out there that's dying on inside, right, you know. And so what what embracing the spiritual aspect of my life now made me understand.
Speaker 5: Is we are all in this movie together.
Speaker 6: And Shod don't have step kids, right because he just as kids, but we all have roles to play in his movie.
Speaker 5: He's the great writer of this movie. And so just like Ethan Hawker.
Speaker 6: And then said in Training Day, in that movie they trying to kill each other at the Academy Awards, they stand on the on the stage and the hug and their friends because they realize that's the roles that they're playing in the movie scripts for them, and so just like us as human beings, when we reach that stage, when we finally get to that stage, we're gonna be able to kick it together because we would have played our part in this movie, hopefully to the best of our ability. When we get to that stage, that grace, if we understand we did our part, we can get our Academy award.
Speaker 5: And kick it well.
Speaker 1: DC, let me just tell you something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's the only academy h I used to really be into that shit.
Speaker 5: I got one.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to stay on the stage and think that d D. It doesn't mean as much to me anymore because when you see through the veil and you understand what it's really about, what what what it really means, and how all of this depth, destruction, devradation can exist in this space and nobody say nothing until one day something happens and now everything pops out. Now everybody got something to say about it. You've been holding onto.
Speaker 5: That doll for thirty years.
Speaker 6: Now you want a cookie because you got all these secrets you want to spell.
Speaker 5: There's no intivity in that, right, you know now? Yet now I feel like.
Speaker 6: You're trying to capitalize on stuff on that person's pain, and the best way you can do it. If if you were trying to be this altruistic person, you had plenty of time to do that. You know, if you was trying to get get your rocks off and do the right thing and be the right you had plenty of time to do that. Never kick him on fucker when he's downright, because you never know when you're gonna be down there.
Speaker 3: Right, and everybody's gonna have the opportunity to be down that's right, every single person.
Speaker 6: We all get those chances. And I never was the one thing I was saying earlier about my movie.
Speaker 5: I never said one single negative thing about any person. It's like that ride. I took all of this on me because it was my It's Mara, you get you niggas get no.
Speaker 1: Even when you said you said something about Sugar, you said, I'm going to the bad to say about Sugar. He took my credit and he took my money, and you still didn't say nothing bad about him. He was like, but uh, that's my fault. You, that's right, said, cause you you have to have your business together. And I thought that was remarkable for you to even state something like that.
Speaker 6: Bro, you gotta learn I'm not the first one. I won't be the last one, you know. I'm just the one that's gonna tell it. I'm gonna tell it from my perspective so that the new one's coming up. No, it's not your you can you can't put you have to protect you. The machine is gonna always be the machine, cause that's what it was made to be. It was not designed and built to feed you. It was a little sign and built to steal from you, right, And it's great at it and it's going to continue.
Speaker 5: To be great at it.
Speaker 6: So you have to, uh educate yourself on your power, educate yourself on your worth. And when you make something that's beautiful, you don't let these motherfuckers tell you it's worth this because the.
Speaker 5: Market said this. Man, damn the market, and the market can kiss my ass. I don't get back, you know what I'm saying about. Now, you're gonna give me what I think my art is worth and then we can talk business. That's man. I don't blame you for being you. You're not.
Speaker 6: Don't blame me for being me. You know you can't blackball me because I know the real boss. You know, it's a g O D that ain't known. Let me pray on your one fucking hand.
Speaker 1: So that's your g Is this documentary leading to a book and the book leading to the full fledged feature film? Oh yeah, because I ain't gonna lie. Look, I told you earlier. I said that, I mentioned it earlier. I was like, after Washing the NBA movie, I was like, where does it take it from there? But then Washington documentary, I was like, wait a minute, you ain't.
Speaker 5: Got when you watch it and I say this humble out of content. The movie is not fucking with this thing because.
Speaker 1: It's the story, bro, the true story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the story. It's wonderful that comes.
Speaker 1: It's a movie. It's a movie that is is extracting to gor dumb facts.
Speaker 5: The guys.
Speaker 1: I love that movie. I love trailer.
Speaker 3: It's a great movie. But it's a movie. Yours is a documentary. You co signed the movie, right, Yeah?
Speaker 5: The movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a movie. As a Hollywood movie.
Speaker 5: I went to the movie and did mushrooms in the movie, and I thought I.
Speaker 1: Thought it.
Speaker 5: I thought it was great. The last five minutes when that ship started to kick in, I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, no, but that's your real that But there's only five people in the world who could probably relate to those last five minutes of that movie, which you didn't like, but probably what we love is probably like to get this inside information. It's ship that you probably knew.
Speaker 5: No, I'm talking about them. I show kick.
Speaker 1: Because the show the screen got big, moving.
Speaker 5: And ship down on the floor.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: My wife was like, man, Kit show as you don't show anymore.
Speaker 6: No, I smoke wig, you know, but I try to stay far enough away from something that's gonna lead somewhere because it ain't gonna it would bro.
Speaker 5: That monkey get out the bag. Man, it's he's a cold motor scooter because yeah, I let him have it, you know.
Speaker 6: But I enjoyed the movement. Took my wife to say it, uh, and we enjoyed it. When I get the opportunity to do mine, i'd rather be a series.
Speaker 1: Because you almost did it in the documentary. It's like it's like reenactments in the documentary.
Speaker 6: That's right, And there's a lot of stuff that I shot that I couldn't use. Really, story is too big, it's too meaty.
Speaker 5: You only get an hour and a half. I never talked about Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Remember when I told you about having the rap packing the little Chad, I didn't talk about any of that and have time, you know, I can remember.
Speaker 3: Being in.
Speaker 1: Dy y'all called yourself a rap pack for real, Like.
Speaker 6: I'm just used that terminology because everybody was kind of stars all that.
Speaker 1: Like like the old rat pack. Those correct, right, you see.
Speaker 5: Chad, you see pimps and scarface and too short and breed and box.
Speaker 1: Because when you said chat, you're talking about yeah right there.
Speaker 5: And man, we was riding. We was around that motherfucker kicking it.
Speaker 1: That must have been crazy. I stole the cameras following your deal.
Speaker 5: So I had some money. Come on. You couldn't tell me nothing, but those were some of the best times, just your good.
Speaker 3: Not that.
Speaker 5: It was it was you know, it was in god Rest.
Speaker 6: Uh hm. We we lost a lot of great men two bullshit.
Speaker 5: So now.
Speaker 6: We want to save as many as we can. Bro We the gangster ship is about saving us.
Speaker 5: That's the most gangster.
Speaker 6: Thing because it's odds glory, come on in, because I don't think being uh somebody that that loves and respects their spirituality, it's soft.
Speaker 5: Go back to uh.
Speaker 6: Samson or Moses or David. You know all of those was real niggas that did real nigga said, you know.
Speaker 1: Jesus is real. He was coming niggas up for selling fake bibles. Come on, that world up. He was starting niggas out for some of the fake bibles. There bibles. If he was selling fake bibles, Jesus came through with a hoodie on. That's a lie. Oh sir, No, man, there was no Bible. But yeah, the Bible came after you read the Bible. Come on, you definitely never read the Bible. I read the Bible. Was in jail. Everybody beat the Bible Testament. He was beating them up for the Old Testament.
Speaker 5: That's the really I heard. When you get in there, and that you get that.
Speaker 1: Timebody become religious in jail for some reason.
Speaker 5: He already said.
Speaker 6: Everything is divine because one day in your life you might have a moment when you say when you talk to him, you said, God, if you get me out of this ship, we all do it.
Speaker 5: And I said to him, you, I asked several of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might have had seventeen thousand, man, those.
Speaker 6: Yo did if I can get down from this side I never climbed back up here no more. And that's real life, man, no matter what yours is. You know what I mean, whether it's.
Speaker 1: Bydism okay, Jesus Per cam Ry, Okay, you know we did say do you have on the instance if I do pussy? Oh my goodness, crazy, I want to go there, I got, I got those all over there. You know what's crazy? I feel like the more I drink, he's drunker for the more I dream.
Speaker 5: Now, that's what I say. That would love and respect.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely because my wife knows. She was what's that called a.
Speaker 5: Dude. My dude delivered my my child.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, that gangster.
Speaker 5: My my first wife delivered.
Speaker 3: So she had to be there through the whole process, even before the child was born. Like so, and that's we're talking about like a like an artist. What is that librity that's doing that?
Speaker 1: Your child delivered in a jazi Like, no, this is.
Speaker 3: Well it doesn't always mean that, but yeah it was it was in our case. Yeah, my son was born that way as well.
Speaker 5: Now we was, we was doing it.
Speaker 1: I do say she wanted to deliver, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: And my wife was like, okay, I want I think I can do a natural birth.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, that's no, no, no, no epidural no nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my wife and that man with both my kids. No, my my second, my second, my mam most feral, not monster she was. She didn't drink any monster.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Ay, we were have supported.
Speaker 5: My wife was in the last moment that she was.
Speaker 6: Bouncing on this little bottle when she thought she had made a mistake, you know, like she's like, I don't think I could do it. But I was like, nigga, youah man, I'm squeezing out here. No, you're finna do this ship you know?
Speaker 1: Is her first?
Speaker 3: Is it her first child? That was the second one, because they said the second one is easier. We tried to do it the first and my wife couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: No, my this was our second. The first one she got shot and.
Speaker 3: I guess she thought she got what she got the yeah, but my wife tried to do it and then and my daughter was she wasn't coming out, so they had to take her to the hospital.
Speaker 1: They had to give her that pdurable.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, the first one she took the shot, but the second one, I.
Speaker 1: Guess the Erica talked to him gave her the battle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody was so said I'm gonna do that's okay.
Speaker 1: No, but.
Speaker 6: You she stopped him and said, I don't think I can do it. And when we didn't came this far, nigga, you're finna do this like we we ain't finna. We ain't having no mishaps. You're finna get my sons to this motherfucker right now.
Speaker 5: And we and it was about two seconds after that that little dude just he just.
Speaker 1: Dove out of that mama in the water in the water.
Speaker 5: No, she had got out.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, oh god, she.
Speaker 5: Out because it wasn't happening. She thought we was gonna have to rush rushed to the to the hospital because it hadn't happened.
Speaker 6: And half time, we ain't got time to be doing no rusting. You're finna, We're finna do this. And I'm right here with her, you know what I mean, Like I'm not letting you go.
Speaker 5: We're finna do this.
Speaker 6: And it took about another couple of minutes and she she leaned over and crawled onto the bed and like in a doggie styling, dude just came up out of there, and by dude called him.
Speaker 5: I got all that shot take.
Speaker 1: Because you like the incense at that time. Then we didn't have no PU that day. That would have been I mean, he said, but bro, I don't look.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something I do. It is a master.
Speaker 1: Marketer.
Speaker 6: She's a great business person. Nothing that she does is by happenstance. And folks, when they get off into that ship, you probably making that day of.
Speaker 5: Course, man. And so I'm a player, play along and give up. I'm gonna always do this because most people that know me and love me know I'm gonna be you know, we just don't push the wrong button because then it's all fucked up with just why I don't She was not the ass folks or anything, because I don't want you to push that wrong button. And I have to feel a certain kind of way about you.
Speaker 1: She is sagittarius, she's a pis okay, but that was another part of the documentary that made me tear up was when y'are sitting down y'all talking and she says, I hear you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was cold.
Speaker 1: She said, I hear you, bro, I hear you. Oh, I hear you that.
Speaker 5: Look. All of this documentary was just moments being shy, so it's real. And when she said that, Nigga, I'm my back to the thing.
Speaker 1: Remember, I'm like, oh, I'm like, by the way, I'm cursing you out. By the way, I'm like, I can't wait to see this. Mother fuckers got me tearing up crazy. And when she said that she was and then she missed your daughter and she said she hears you, and then I was just like damn. Then after that, I can't give you no more? Yeah, bro, what Dray says?
Speaker 5: After that?
Speaker 3: After that, I can't give you no more. But that ship was just like, oh, your support system is real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like like they like, I want to and let let me involve us because we're a part of your support system too, right. We love your motherfucking assn't want you to because I watched it, even though I watched it without you, and I know how much of a l a fucking West Coast fan you all come from. You're like that much more than me, right, But I watched it with you in mind, and I was like, man, I can't, I can't. I couldn't wait to get your flowers. We couldn't wait because it's something that Snoop said again in the documentary that Snoop said, because the deoc ain't having that ship, except he's like, he's like, what we knew on this ship was done wrong. The d oc ain't being quiet. And I love that. I love. I love your peers or people that may be younger than you and something that's older. Don't mind giving you your motherfucking flowers.
Speaker 5: And just so you know.
Speaker 1: We are aren't it to give you your mother's play. And I know you gotta go so so we're gonna take a couple of flicks and get you to sign a couple of things. Because listen, let me just tell you something. This nigga got your here. That's the original.
Speaker 3: I bought these when I was a little kiss, got these when I got my turntable.
Speaker 1: He ain't even have pubics. That's actually facts.
Speaker 6: With what else that's a little bit too much information. But I love and respect you gentlemen so much beyond the moniker of hip hop as men. That's about this business, that's about this culture. I think that's strong and powerful man in their own right. I watched Shrik drink Champs religiously.
Speaker 5: I was doing my homework because I knew that question was coming for snoop.
Speaker 1: We're gonna drink. We're gonna drink.
Speaker 6: But what you guys have here, you guys are really the cornerstone for what us folks are being able to do in this space.
Speaker 5: Oh you know what I mean. WEP for a lot of used to get these big ass bags that they getting these days. Thank you.
Speaker 1: So I want you to just take them a shot for him, get some love. Let's take a shot together. He set you up, He set you up. Shot together. Come on, you got a bigger ass shot.
Speaker 3: That's better to get you a monster. Deal with drinking the monster last night you read. So let's ended like this and let's just say no one could do it better.
Speaker 1: No one could do it better. Man, d o C. I pray, I wish. I hope everyone gets to see this documentary just again. You said that, you say this is a fifty year old guy from Kansas. That's a that's gonna relate to this. And I'm gonna tell you something. It's an eight year old from Kansas, it's gonna relate to it. There's an eighty eight year old from Oklahoma, it's gonna relate to it. This is a worldwide, universal story and it's beautiful, Thank you, bro. And not only it's beautiful, it's relentless. It's never give up, this triumphant stay with who the fuck you are? Stay down because it's gonna go down, right. And I loved it. I kid you not, man. I cried.
Speaker 3: I cried, and I ain't even I ain't even like mad as saying I cried like you shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: I fucking take pride, say. I cried because your story is my story. That's right, right, it's not your story alone. Claiming it with you, that's right, bro? You know what I mean. The same way you claim we're DMC story, that's right, and the same way we're supposed to claim every single story is.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, brother. I don't what I have to do to promote this. You tell me you said we're gonna host it. Let's host it.
Speaker 1: We could do it here.
Speaker 3: We can do it in the fucking movie theater. No, No, I mean I mean in the movie there. Let's host the premiere. Let's let's hold party here.
Speaker 1: Let's let we do what. Let's do it at your dispos disposal. No, no, we are at no, No, that's serious. We are at your disposal. I do not feel like you can't because we are you.
Speaker 5: You already said that. I don't forget ship.
Speaker 1: We are we are you, and we're going to support this. So but, but, but most importantly, that's in this. By saying thank you, yeah, thank you, thank you, I'm saying it for behalf of all of hip hop, not just me and EFN and all the people here. I'm saying this on behalf of the culture. Thank you, the d O CIX. If it wasn't for the y'all, I don't think he would be here. I don't think I'll be here. I don't think Drain with the motherfucker will be here rolling blunts. I don't think anybody who will be here because it's the diggy diggy doc y'all.
Speaker 5: Y'all, man, bless you.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj E f N.
Speaker 1: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 3: Champs on Apple podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, DJ E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at Drink Champs across all platforms, at the real noriegon I g at noriag on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com