Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Maller and Danny G Radio a Glorious NFL Week fifteen. As we are recording this early in the morning on Sunday, the fourteenth day of December, and let the games begin, Danny G. We will see Philip Rivers play quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts later today in Seattle at age forty four. And I said this week on the radio show, I want to get your take on this, Danny, because I said, all these people, ah, the Philip Rivers Hall of Fame is his induction is going to be delayed. He's not a Hall of Fame quarterback, none of my book. He's not a Hall of Fame quarterback.
Speaker 3: He sure feels like a Derek Bartzite to.
Speaker 1: Me, exactly exactly. He's not a great He was a terrible big game quarterback, never an All Pro. He was a stat compiler. Listen, he hadn't made a ton of money, had a good career, But you don't put everybody in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't have to put everyone in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: In very clutch situations, he would throw the ball directly to the other team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I that's what I'm saying. He just didn't play one big games, played a long time, never was a first or second team All Pro. Usually the baseline for a Hall of Fame career, you got to be an All Pro at least one time. You got to be an MVP if you're you know, in that conversation, he was always and I think I said this in the monologue we did this week or last week Rivers, like every year was the fourth or fifth rated quarterback in the end, there was always like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or someone else would be in there. His entire run in the NFL. Anyway, So it's like he's not really sacrificing the Hall of Fame because he's he's not going to get it now. If something crazy happens and the Colts do some ridiculous thing, then that would actually enhance his Hall of Fame career if he actually won a bunch of playoff games and was the reason that they won. Don't hold your breath, don't. Yeah, And anyway, well, that's fine. I'll be watching that. Also the the ram that's a big game Rams and Lions today at Sofi or Sofa Stadium as Helmet Man likes to call it. So we'll check that out. And you're Raiders, Danny. What can be said about the Raiders. It hasn't already been said about the Raiders.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't don't think that any Pickett is anything for the Eagles to worry too much about. Although those two drives, even though they were at the end of the game, but I was there, Broncos were not trying to let him score. Those two drives from Kenny Pickett were better than Geno Smith's entire season. Helloy, Oh, it's true though, Like he escaped the pocket, he didn't go down and take stupid sacks.
Speaker 3: He threw the ball away.
Speaker 4: He looked like an NFL quarterback compared to your boy, Gino.
Speaker 1: My boy. Yes, me and Gino go way back.
Speaker 3: You guys have history.
Speaker 1: We do have a history together. Yeah yeah, Hey, hey, I saw the Eagles. I was at the Eagle Charger game, and they suck. Okay. The fact that the Chargers didn't blow the Eagles out had to go to overtime is one of the great mysteries of the Western world. Okay. The Eagles turned the ball over, Yeah, five times, and they twice. I saw it for the first time ever. Jalen Hurts turned the ball over twice on the same play threw an intercept. Chargers still should have lost that game.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was surprised Hurt's got them that far down the field before his fifth turnover.
Speaker 1: Don't say anything bad about Justin Herbert. You're not allowed to criticize Justin Herbert. Do not criticize Justin Herbert.
Speaker 3: Do not do it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, hey, ohio wow, can you get me in the mood for the mail bag? Ohioo please, it's.
Speaker 3: This bag.
Speaker 1: See, that's how we do it. That is how we get it done here on a on a Sunday. So let's these are actual questions by actually listening to Doff. You want to send a question in for a future edition of the mail Bag as the year winds down, Send it care of Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Jot that down Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. No, no numbers, all letters, Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Name in city, name and city, name and city if you want edit. If not, we'll just bust your balls. And who wants that? All right? First up is Reggie from Detroit, who sends an email. I says, hey, Ben and Danny. Ben, it's almost the worst time of the year, he says, for fans of sports radio, please let the malin Militia know your holiday schedule. Thanks Reggie, Well, I don't know. Let's put away. I know some of my holiday schedule. I will be working the entire week this week. I'll be on tonight and all week. I have been requested by the company to use some of my alloted time. As you know, I work pretty much every holiday during the year, and since I've been at the company for a long time, Danny, I've been grandfathered into these things called comp days. When you work a holiday, they give you like an extra day because they I think I think they do that because they know I almost never use them, so I am going to use some at the end of the year, try to reset the buttons a little bit. I think we'll still do the podcast because it's a podcast, can do whatever you want, and so I think we'll still do that, Reggie. But I will the full week this week, and I think we'll do a partial week the week after, and then that'll probably be it until we come back after twenty twenty six. So that's my schedule, Dan, Are you taking any time off from at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Here, not a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm going to mirror CNRS schedule Christmas Eve for the Dan Patrick Show, and then right after Christmas a couple of more days in for Dan Patrick. So whatever we have off from the afternoon show is because we're working on the morning shift.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, gotcha? All right? Well, i'll let you know next weekend, Reggie. I'll make sure because I know Alf has been busting my chops. A lot of these guys, Nanny, Alf and Fergdog. If I'm not working, they sleep, they don't stay up at nights, very odd. I appreciate their loyalty. They're fine men. Yeah, tastes like a touchdown in your mouth. I guess so Kevin in Kansas, right Sinces, dear men, and Danny. I have a betting question for you.
Speaker 3: Ben.
Speaker 1: If the line is at minus six and a half at the time, you do Benny versus the penny. But when I watched the line is now minus six, what strategy should I be using? Thanks for help. That's from Kevin in Kansas. It depends Kevin. Yeah, that's not a huge difference. The big difference is three, three and a half seven seven and a half. That's a big deal. Six and six and a half is not that big a deal. It really isn't in the big picture. The key numbers are three and seven, and if you don't want to if it's three and a half. The hardest line over the years has been three and a half. You think, who cares about a half point? But when it's three and a half, it's usually three, And at seven and a half, you know it's usually you know, seven seven and a half's a big one too.
Speaker 3: So what if Pete Carroll is coaching in the game.
Speaker 1: I love Pete. I saw Portnoy over there at barstool. Wanted Pete Carroll murdered or whatever. I was like, I wanted to get Peter Rays. I was like, I had the Raiders. That was great coaching by Pete Cavin Hug.
Speaker 3: You know what's underrated.
Speaker 4: I saw thousands of sad Broncos fans leave Allegiant Stadium. They actually won the game, but they lost their bets. They were all boothooing into the parking lot. It was great, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, the Broncos. There was tons of money. It's just like free money. The Raiders suck and the Broncos are good, and yeah, that's uh.
Speaker 3: I was I loved it. Broncos fans suck it.
Speaker 1: Well, that was Pete doing the old college thing. You know, Danny, you know this in college football, you really need to cover the spread because the alumni bet on that. And if you cover the spread, now you need to win obviously. But as we like to say on Benny Versus the Penny, which is still available on YouTube at Benny Vspenny, you can watch this week's episode on Benny Versus the Penny. But we pointed out, it's like, hey, good teams win, great teams cover the spread. So the Raiders last week were a great team. They didn't win. But they were a great team because they covered the spread and people losing their minds at Pete Carroll. Dave in Jersey writes in and says, hey, Ben and Danny, g did you see what happened to Taylor Swift? This fits right in, Ben, with what you had talked about in a previous fifth Hour. I actually didn't see this, dev I guess Danny, he sent me a story here says Taylor Swift branded a Nazi in a coordinated online attack. Okay, says pop star Taylor Swift facing an organized attempt to brand her a Nazi, she launched her latest album. But the experts tracking the attack to accounts it was a targeted campaign. So Dave, I did not see this story. I am not surprised by this. I have often pointed out that the greatest hustle, as I like to call it, is the online world and things. This I mean, it is truly the matrix Danny that you can It can make it appear like there's thousands of people that think Taylor Swift is a Nazi, when it's really just a group in Maldova that have a bunch of bots that just attack and it's it's rather scary. The power of that. And you know it's the Remember when I was in school and I was reading actually I was reading a book about infomercials and they were talking about and it's really for anything but sales in general, and the perception people have when it's that group mob mentality, when they think everyone's going one direction. Some people join into that that wouldn't normally join into that because they're like, everyone's do it. Do it. It's kind of like if you open a restaurant, Danny and and you want to get people kind of buzzed up. You have people there looking like they're eating right, maybe they're friends and family, but other people will then show up, Oh, this place is popular. Or the greatest example of that, we talked about that on the fifth out or the shopping cart in I think it was Oklahoma City. When they debuted shopping carts or buggies or whatever they're called. People then want to use them because it was very masculine. It was masculine for the men and the women didn't want to use them either, And so what they did is they hired really hot women and really hot men to walk seriously, to walk around the store with the cart and they oh.
Speaker 4: Extra, so I buy, yeah extras. Remember it's the old joke about the Bass Lake fishing derby. There would be that same boat that would keep passing bias and the two guys were holding up the supposed fish that they caught in the lake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I remember that. Yeah. Yeah. You just still do that every year, right, you and the family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a bunch of bullshit. They did not pull those fish out of that lake.
Speaker 1: That's great, Thank you, Dave. Next up is Scott from Florida. He says, hey, Ben and Danny. As a champion for radio and also a champion of radio, is there anything that is broadcast over the radio that makes you instantly reach to change the channel or turn it off. That is from Scott in Florida. So Scott, I, as I pointed out, I try to do my own thing. I love radio, I love all broadcasting. It's been my entire adult life. I hope to do it the rest of my time here, and I have a great time with it. But I try not to listen to a lot of really any sports. I mean, occasionally all listen to something. I'm gonna say never, okay, But I really don't. I want to do my own thing. And I know even if I I'm listening and I'd be like, I'm not gonna live. I'm not gonna take any from everybody, but just by osmosis, you know what I mean, Danny. Sometimes you hear something and then it just kind of comes out of you. So if I don't listen to it, it's hard for me to copy something that someone else is doing if I'm not hearing it. But just in general, Scott, if I'll hear occasionally like on Local I'm not gonna name anybody because I know some of these people, but Local LA Radio. When I know a team deserves to be just fricking destroyed and they're just kissing their ass, that drives me nuts. I can't handle that. I mean, I just yeah, because I know they're on the take, meaning they you know, they're connected to some I just that stuff drives me nuts because that's not how I do it, and I'm annoyed by that. But other than that, I you know, it's fine. Everyone's got their own act. I don't you know, I might people hate me. I don't really get whatever. Each each to their own and that would that would really be the only thing that kind of gets under my my skin when you're clearly sugarcoating, and a lot of that's just like postgame stuff on postgame shows where they're you know, they're not necessarily employed by the team, but they have to cover.
Speaker 3: For the team mandated content.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly. Next up, boy, this person did not send their name, will call them douchebag. I no, I don't just even put his name, just put his email. I'm not going to give that out. It's an AOL account, so it's probably an old person. I'm kidding. No, I'm not. Ben Benny and Daddy g Hey, Ben, do you think President Trump needs to take a class from Tom Looney on how to handle the penny? Then he sent me a clip here from the Army Navy game as President Trump stunning. The headline on this is stunning inability to flip a coin worst in history. And there's even there's a link. Your boy, Klay Travis Trump did the impossible. He flipped the coin without it flipping.
Speaker 3: The penny was made in China, China.
Speaker 1: You know I didn't see this. Whoever, I don't know your name. You didn't sign your name, but I did watch the second half of the Army Navy game on sibbios. I did not the coin flip. My friend, the Great Sports with Coleman Baltimore Media Mogul was there and he got their way before the President to try to avoid the security. He was sending me photos from the Army Navy game. I did not see the coin toss in real time. That is that is great. I don't know what do you want to say? It's I think flipping a coin would not be that difficult, But I don't know. I mean, just got a lot going on. The president. Man, come on, he's seventy nine.
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 1: What do you want him to do? But yeah, I don't know what else I can add to that. It was pretty I saw the clip. It was not the greatest coin flip I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: Not great. So anyway, that's your buddy.
Speaker 3: It was a historic coin flip, very very very memorable.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Steve writes in from Parts Unknown. Another one didn't sign their city. Steve says, hey, Ben and Danny, you guys, you guys anywhere near this? And then he's sent me a link to Death Valley National Park big headline here Steve found this story. This says an ancient lake that disappeared from a California National park more than one hundred thousand years ago has dramatically returned because of record breaking rainfall. A massive ice lake roughly one hundred miles long six hundred feet deep, dried up between one hundred and twenty eight thousand and one hundred and eighty six thousand years ago. That says, here's the climate warmed, and it's in the present day national or Death Valley National Park, and.
Speaker 4: It's the exact opposite of what's going on with the Colorado River. I just saw an article yesterday where a guy walked across the Colorado River because it's so shallow right now in parts of it.
Speaker 1: That's not ideal. That's not ideal. The National Park Service revealing the area had its wettest fall season on record and the rare return of the body of water. So I did not see this, Steve. I have driven through Death Valley many times on my way to Lost Wadges, Nevada. I have not stopped in Death Valley. But this is always the argument, right, Danny. The argument is people get all freaked out that one of the great hustles of our time is the climate change hustle, because we only have a very limited amount of data on weather as far as we can trace it as humans, you know, keeping trager stuff. So the planet's obviously been around for a lot longer than us, and so who knows the cycles of the planet and all that stuff. So there have been books written about how what a great scam that a lot of that stuff is. So, but thank you Steve for that that story Andy from this is the mail bag here. By the way, Andy from South Carolina rights and I wonder if I met Andy at the mal Or meet and greet we did there in Charleston.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He doesn't say, and I don't remember. I don't remember him. Anyway, it says I've been and Dani, uh you guys okay with this? And then he sent me, uh, send me a story here, Danny of cats now taking ozempik, a solution to terminal feline illnesses. They're giving now cats ozempa.
Speaker 4: Wow, I might want to look into this because our cat, we have a cat and a dog, my cat Mac.
Speaker 3: He has a heart murmur. Oh got, he's got a little bit of heart disease. Going on.
Speaker 4: So when he sleeps, you should hear her. It sounds like he has sleep apnea.
Speaker 1: Sounds like hollering James, Yes.
Speaker 4: Pretty much. So he needs to lose weight. I might want to look into this, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I'll send you. I'll send you the story here. I wonder, can you imagine how much that costs?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, yeah, that was gonna say, will my insurance cover it?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, sure, Well just you get there for me.
Speaker 3: I swear it's for me.
Speaker 1: You get the ozempic and then just try to figure out just don't give the you know, the too much that says a med's company and then named it. This pharmaceutic company announced that first clinical child, dubbed me ow one for Feline blah blah blah, was a success. So there you go, send out a press release. I sent you the story there, so who knows. Now, I got Moxie. Moxie's a big fat English bulldog and uh yeah, we don't want to give epic. Moxi's okay, just sleeps twenty hours a day, so I don't think Moxie moves around enough to get into that. But thank you Andy. If people have the money, I'm sure it's not cheap. Knock yourself out.
Speaker 3: My vet told me that she could recommend a heart specialist.
Speaker 1: Oh goody, I.
Speaker 3: Said, yeah, let me get right on top of that. Wow.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's see you. Tony from the Bay Area says, hey, Danny, are you ready to move the family borough? And then he sent a story here a town in it Italy. Danny is offering thirty thousand dollars to move Italian town with wine cheese. They've got a bunch of vacant villas and they offer people that move into the there thirty thousand dollars to move in this town in Italy. So you could take co and the wife and live in a villa in Italy. They'll give you thousand dollars. Of course, I'm sure the taxes will each year. You know what where is this? Let's see here Tuscany. How about that? The Hills of Tuscany, small medieval town and the Hills of Tuscany giving out financial incentives. I'm not even going to try to pronounce this. I don't speak the native tongue there, and I will butcher it. Village offering twenty three four hundred dollars to anyone who's willing to buy and live in one of their vacant houses, plus an extra seven thousand dollars towards expenses like heating and transportation. It's look at about an hour south of Florence, and they've expanded this and the plan. The plan is to help cover half of the first two years of rent for new renters who move in by early twenty twenty six. There you go town Nice found, once home to three thousand residents, today's population less than a thousand. Wow. They say they have about one hundred to four hundred and fifty homes that are are vacant.
Speaker 3: So I would do it. Man.
Speaker 4: After radio, I would definitely go to the homeland my dad's side of the family. They're from Altavilla Milisea in Sicily. In fact, I have cousins that own a wine bar there and my uncle and his wife moved there for retirement a year ago.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 3: They like it, they love it. Yeah, they'd want to come back.
Speaker 1: Nice. There you go, says Prices starting at about fifty thousand euros sixty thousand dollars for small units, up to one hundred and seventeen for larger homes one hundred and seventeen thousand. It seems like it's cheaper than here.
Speaker 4: I think we would feel stuck without NFL, Like it's just too much soccer as far as the sports landscape goes.
Speaker 1: You'd have to get a black box or something like that, you know, magic box to.
Speaker 3: Watch this, sir, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Andrew from Seattle writes in it says, hey, guys, porn Hub announced this week that more women than ever are watching porn, and then he sent me the story here he wanted to get our thoughts on it. It's blah blah blah. Let me kind of scan through this. Twenty twenty five, the fairer sex Danny made up thirty eight percent of all visitors to.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, I read an article on this and a bunch of the freaky dec women are looking up threesomes?
Speaker 1: Is that right? How about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a fourteen percent surge since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: According to the story.
Speaker 1: So how about that? The women there coming around to the porno unbelievable And that means that must mean there's less dudes watching the porn, right if the am I wrong on reading it that way? If there's more.
Speaker 4: Women or there's a lot of weieni dudes that aren't handling their females properly.
Speaker 1: Hello, Yeah, says they've noticed.
Speaker 3: A bunch of wenuses.
Speaker 1: Here's a quote from the company is that over the last decade, our statisticians have been tracking the proportion of female visitors to Pornhub. They have noticed an upward trend over the years, putting into question the dated umbrella statement it's only men who watch porn there you go, Well, because I worked at pornhub, I'd say the same thing, right, I mean, you want to get the audience to how do they know by the way, you don't click. Hey, I don't know. I've been on a why but you don't click? Like I'm a man or a woman?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: I don't know. How do they know who's on there?
Speaker 3: How can you? Hell? Yeah, no, I think it.
Speaker 4: I think it might ask you your your sexual reference as far as you know, well, yeah exactly, like yeah, what team you you hit for? But other than that, I I don't know either how it can tell if you're a man or a woman.
Speaker 1: Skeptical of that, I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: Blue.
Speaker 4: Let's see what else do we have here? Not a site I'm on either, though, so we could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have other.
Speaker 3: Sites that we we use.
Speaker 4: Let's see all right, Yeah, Fox Sports Radio dot Com. That's what I'm on every day, all day long.
Speaker 1: My favorite porn say absolutely yes, Mike Bike rides in from Parts Unknown.
Speaker 4: Hang on, Ben, I I'm entering on it for for this is for research purposes onlytional purposes, of course.
Speaker 3: It says I am eighteen or older? Okay, enter?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, nothing on their side about if you're a man or a woman or anything to enter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So how the heck do they know?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: This could all just be made up.
Speaker 1: Mike writes, and he says, the I know the college football season's whining down? Got well, yeah, not whining Now we had?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: The LA Bowl was playing on Saturday?
Speaker 3: The LA Bowl? My god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Boise State and Washington Boys got their ass kicked right, and there was a dozen dozens of people at Sofi State, friends of friends and family.
Speaker 1: But it's it's for TV. Mike wanted to get our thoughts on the Big twelve, partnering with a couple of like Wall Street people, Right, investment people, five hundred million dollars in funding available to members of the Big twelve. The deal is, I guess not quite done yet. I know this. The Big ten was talking about doing this. I think this is a terrible idea, Nanny these conferences, because you're sacrificing future revenue for short, short term cash. As I understand it, I'm certainly not mister financial. I do an overnight talk show, so I don't really know that much about money. Otherwise they do a daytime talk show. But it just seems like it's a bad idea. It reminds me of the City of Chicago took some front money to give where some country in the Middle East controls the parking meters in Chicago the revenue for like one hundred years, one hundred years or something like that, but they took money up front. And I think it's a similar thing where you're trading long term financial stability for immediate money. It's like a it's a payday loan essentially, That's what I understand, and so short term it's kind of like the Dodgers. The Dodgers are paying all these guys for twenty years after they're done playing, which is great now of Eventually though, they're gonna have to pay them and Otani and all these guys, and then they're also going to have to pay a team on the field, so it becomes a long term liability, short term gain. Again, that's what the way I see it, Mike, I I'd have to read more into it. That's just my knee jerk reaction. And uh, you know, there's there's also some political stuff involved in this. The uh, once you have Congress years about this, they're going to start kind of poking around. That becomes a problem. Then you're gonna have to pay off Congressman, which is part of the deal. And uh so yeah.
Speaker 3: For CoA.
Speaker 4: CoA, when he gets to be an adult, he's going to be like, man, this this baseball team I was born into.
Speaker 3: They stink. What was my dad thinking?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, when you were very little, they won the World Series every year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Otani won seven m vps. But now they're cupboards beer.
Speaker 1: I know, you know a Tani too. It was gonna be like, you know, they'll suck after he's done, and they'll be like, you know, much like the Dodgers from like eighty nine until twenty ten, it was on. Here's Kirk Gibson, Here's orl Herscha Fernando. They bring all these old guys back because they didn't have anybody that was any good at that time. They really want to celebrate. What else do you? Josh from Phoenix rites in. He says, guys, I live here in Phoenix and in Chandler, Arizona, a suburb of Phoenix, the city celebrating the Hollys. Here they have a giant Christmas tree made out of tumbleweeds, and he wants to know a thumbs up or thumbs down, as you would ask Ben, guys, what do you think of this?
Speaker 3: So? I know Chandler, that's the home of Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 1: There you go Aunt Spring Training, home of the Milwaukee Brewers. I think I think the Brewers there. So they say here they have city workers chase anywhere between fifteen in two thousand tumbleweeds, and then they spent four weeks fitting the tumbleweeds around a chicken wire mold. They then have to coat the tree with paint. They have to also fire retardant. They put glitter around it. Yeah, I mean, I don't know, that's different. It's different.
Speaker 4: Josh I love that there's a lot of work to go through for some damn tumbleweeds.
Speaker 1: I do like the fact that it's an evasive species from Russia that came over on a shipment to like Iowa or something, or South Dakota. We talked about that on the Fifth Hour a while back, and America did not have tumbleweed until a shipment from Russia. And it started one shipment and now it's everywhere. It's freaking nuts. Al from the Suggestion Boxes Holiday Greetings, gentlemen, following up on my Evergreen Drop podcast suggestion how an updated Evergreen Malar Holiday Song Podcast. These tunes are often a bit longer than you can play on the radio. That's from Alf. It's a good idea we could do like a weekend where we do the Drop podcast and uh song podcast.
Speaker 3: Danny, if you're yeah, maybe alf would like to put all that together.
Speaker 1: Alf you're good with that. Alf Al says she's nodding and said yes, ALF would absolutely do it. Ryan from Shrewsbury, mass Right since says hey Ben and Danny g Ben I have been noticing on the overnight that the callers are making their campaigns for Caller of the year already, I was wondering would you ever make a new category for Emailer of the Year. Would you combine both the Overnight show and the pod together or would you rather just keep the two things separate? Apologies if there already is an Emailer of the Year award. Also, does Loraina actually hate Mike the Leprechaun or is it all for show? I thought it was funny love hate storyline, but the more I listen, I'm thinking she really does not like him. What are your thoughts? Much Love, Ryan from Shrewsbury.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I met Mike. I like Michael leprekun is a nice guy. We like busting his balls. I like busting his balls because he seems to be able to take it pretty well. And he's a great character on the show, and people either love him or hate him, and he does love the show. He actually listens and takes notes, and I'm honored that he's that into the show. We like kind of busting his chops, I do. I don't know. I really talked to Lorna about it, so I couldn't answer that she does seem to not like him, though I would agree, so neither her or Coop were there the night that Mike showed up twelve hours early to work to try to meet me, So I don't know what that's about. Ferg Dog and Fullerton writes in he says, hey, Ben and Danny G. First, I have to say how much I like Ohio Wow's new holiday song, especially since it mentions me. But it's not accurate to set the record straight. Only ever licked Ben's toes once, not twice. He says, I'm also a big fan of Rick and Maryland song minus the terrible, terrible editing. Whoever put that in the system needs to be fired asap morning time. Uh, And he says, Danny G. Do you know what it means to work blue? He said, sadly, not a single one of the Benetts did. He said, besides the old all time greats, are there any current comedians you guys like that are known for working blue?
Speaker 4: You don't know either, Oh my god, I'm the only working blue. No, I've heard this before. Yeah, this is uh, this is stand up comedy, right, Well, yeah, it's like off color.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's uh. It goes back to I guess in the South they're using profane uh, you know, on the edge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we're ski right, Yeah, yeah, but I think it.
Speaker 1: Has some of the Blue Laws to I kind of a feeling that that that also is involved. There was a man, I'm trying to think I remember the name of it. There was a famous comedian that kept getting arrested. Lenny Bruce kept getting arrested, and I guess it was somebody before him, but the term I remember hearing it about Lenny Bruce. He kept working blue and all this stuff. But according to the Internet, there was a comedian named Max Miller who coined the phrase after his stage act was involved in telling jokes from either a white book or a blue book. And there was that and then apparently some other theories on how it came out.
Speaker 4: That's interesting because I've heard it before. I didn't have any idea where it came from or why people would say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had heard a different version than that, So who knows what the real version is.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But as far as comedians go, yeah, I do go out to the improv occasionally. I guess the guy that I think is pretty good, God, he does a good Trump impersonation. Is it Shane Gillis. Is that the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's real funny.
Speaker 1: And there's another one. I got to give this guy. I gotta give this guy love here. Hold let me let me find him here because he's a mallard. He's a mallard of militia guy, and you know any mallard of militia guys we got to support in comedy. Because this guy's a big time comedian and he's on He's been on the Joe Rogan podcast. Sam Triplei is his name.
Speaker 3: Have you heard?
Speaker 1: Sam Tripley is a stand up comedy guy.
Speaker 3: Actually I do know that name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a big sports radio listener. He's a big sports radio guy who listens to the show overnight, leaving comedy gigs and stuff like that. He's got a big podcast himself, So we should get him on here. At some point I should reach out to him and see if we'll come on. But yeah, Sam Tripley is very funny, and he's also.
Speaker 4: Shane Gillis has been in our living room for saying, as Andrew Schultz, there's quite a few good stand up comedians right now. There's no like Dave Chappelle at the moment, but there's a lot of like B level guys that are really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've enjoyed I got a hook up at the Hollywood Improv. One of my wife's friends works there and very kind to us. And let's us come out for a reasonable amount of money, and yeah, there'd be some really good comedy. I don't I'm very bad with names though, I'm bad with names. Pontoon Pops right, since says, hey, big news to the Worcester mass listeners preparing for the arrival of raising canes, have a good holiday season. Well, thank you, Pontoon Pops. I'll know when we come to Worcester in twenty twenty six to stop by the raising canes and then we'll get out on this kwang from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam rights in This will be the last one. Big Ben and Danny g on your Monday December first Hour one podcast. Sometimes You're a lamb monologue. You bloviated how your rams lost to the lowly panthers. Fun fact, did you know that panthers do not roar? Panthers Pumas cougars are part of the purring cat lineage, not the roaring cat lineage. They make a variety of other sounds like hisses, growls, purrs, chirps, and distinct yowls and catterwalls.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I heard about the chirping part of this because CoA has been endlessly watching on YouTube these videos about the animal Kingdom. And this is a fact that was on just a couple of days ago down in the g living room and thought it was interesting that they make like clicking sounds and you know, what you think of a big cat is not the case with them.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did not know who things you did not know. It's like that that African click language. Have you seen you know that group in Africa? The languages the click who Oh, Yeah, it's fascinating. You watch National Geographic and it's like wow, it's like they communicate by clicks.
Speaker 3: What I thought that was just stuff you see in the movies.
Speaker 1: No, it's like a whole like you know, I don't tribe or village or something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've seen it a few times and they still their native tongue is just a bunch of clicks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It says these clicks function like consonants, creating complex sounds.
Speaker 1: Going to school though, and that as a kid, Holy crap man, Jesus, Like, what do you.
Speaker 3: Tell somebody to click off? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Click you off? Mother, going to click off this podcast right now. Have a wonderful NFL Sunday Day. I'll be back on the Magic Radio Box tonight, yapping away the Overnight show, so we'll have a good time with that. And Danny, you'll be on with Covino Rich this week.
Speaker 4: Right yes, sir, Monday through Friday afternoon two to four pm on the West Side, and that means five to seven pm in beautiful Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Did heo brobably Love with the Raiders?
Speaker 4: Where where Eagles are going to be upset by none other than Kenny Pickett Anny.
Speaker 1: Pickett Revenge Game? Did you see that fun fact, Danny that Kenny Pickett will be the first Raider quarterback to start a game that was on a Super Bowl winning team that played in the Super Bowl since Jeff Hostedler back in the day.
Speaker 3: It's been a minute awesome stat here.
Speaker 1: You have a great day. We will catch you next week on the podcast all week on the radio. We love you, Thank you, Watch Benny Versus the Penny, support the podcast. Click the like button on this follow it and have a great.
Speaker 3: Day later, skater got a murder. I gotta go.