Speaker 1: Steve comes up today and goes, guess what, reach into my pocket and I've got a surprise for you.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's what he said. This is what he said as.
Speaker 3: I'm laying there icing my finger and I look like I'm the scarecrow.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, daddy, can't wait. Calm down with Erin and Chrissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys, and I'm very excited to be here.
Speaker 2: Do you want to keep going with THEE? Does anyone we Oh? Wow, you want to? Oh do you have one?
Speaker 3: Yes, we have some anonymous ones or sorry, not anonymous, but if you guys want to do some live ones and then wow, okay, great, I love questions. Go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell all so happy to be here.
Speaker 4: I think the one thing that just bonds us all together, with all of us girls, as we always feel like you're our best friends when you talk your podcasts, like I'm literally texting my girlfriends crying, laughing, and trust me, we're a lot older than you.
Speaker 2: But I just turned forty six. Oh well, we're.
Speaker 4: We're way older than that, way older than that.
Speaker 3: I actually it wasn't my dogfight. I had a facelift. So yes, that's why I have stitches in my face. Yes, I wish I actually had one scheduled. I had to cancel it.
Speaker 4: But okay, I just think that I can speak for every woman in this world.
Speaker 2: The room, my best friend here that got.
Speaker 4: His tickets, and my friend.
Speaker 2: It's just you.
Speaker 4: We just feel like you're when we listen to your podcast. That makes us happy. The sports. We love, your personal life, We love just everything. Your friendship is everything in the world. We know that at being sixty, we know that friendships are everything in the world.
Speaker 2: That's so nice. Things like Stephen Jared, they like the relationship stuff.
Speaker 3: Aaron's my longest relationship, so that's perfect.
Speaker 2: No, that's so nice. Thank you.
Speaker 1: It is I think that as especially as I'll speak for myself our ourselves since we share a birthday. We just had a birthday, which is you know, it's funny obviously if you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: We talk a lot about our love for one another.
Speaker 1: But it's weird when you're like, you share a birthday with your best friend's kind of weird, right. That's like there's three hundred and sixty five days out of the year we got lucky that we'd say.
Speaker 3: Our boss, which is wild. Oh birthday with our boss. I was like, oh, our friendship? Are we best friends with him?
Speaker 2: Mike? Is that you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it is because it's but we have a lot of similarities, but we have a lot of differences.
Speaker 2: Now with the sharing of the birthday, we just alluded to it.
Speaker 1: With our age, things are happening and I'm not it is what it is, getting older.
Speaker 2: I'm comfortable with getting older.
Speaker 1: But this one goes on kicks where she finds She's always like a few like months ahead with the trends.
Speaker 3: She's really big into Korean skincare. Right now, look at our look at her face. The joke I was going to make because she comes with stitches. I was so worried about the rash I got from overdoing the Korean skincare.
Speaker 2: I didn't even talk to you about this. We're face at me yesterday.
Speaker 3: I literally have these exposed issu because oh and I was worried about this rash on my face, and I was like, maybe I got stitches.
Speaker 2: You look great, thanks.
Speaker 3: I overdid it with the exfoliating pads. I didn't know you just do it once a day, and I was doing it three times. Yeah, I really got in there. Yeah, I'm not really wanted to read instructions.
Speaker 2: I really couldn't read them.
Speaker 3: I couldn't read them.
Speaker 2: That was the problem. On the bottle, it's all in Korean. And so like the other two nights.
Speaker 3: Ago, I got home and I was like, oh my god, I have a rash and so I googled it and it said only you write to day translator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's like, you're overdoing it. Why do you overdo it?
Speaker 3: I was like, because I don't want to look like I thought, you don't want to look like this. But you know, apparently Korean skincare is the way to go, but you only use it once a day, not three times.
Speaker 2: I was really trying to get my mark.
Speaker 1: My model in life is if it's good once a day, what's it going to do three times a day?
Speaker 3: I do that with cress white strips, I'll sleep in them. People are like, what she will, she will? So anything about your birthday? That was super fun.
Speaker 2: I was at the ranch. It's my happy place. Thank you. Shout out to Eric, my good friend who's told me there.
Speaker 1: He probably regrets selling me the ranch because it was a bitch to get in.
Speaker 2: A whole thing. Anyone else having problem with insurance right now?
Speaker 4: Yah?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank God for State Farm. Not an AD, but an ad.
Speaker 3: I insurance is a real thing. Anyone insurance agent in here, because I'll talk to you after.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I may need to talk. I got perfect. I've got a real issue right now. This is Shet his number. Yeah, I might have his number. Did we date? No? Actually, I wish I would have dated. No, I'm kidding Steve. Steve sales insurance too on.
Speaker 3: My life, My point and all it is. The point is that's going to be the name of my book. The point is land the plane, Lady. I spent my birthday, our birthday at the ranch. It's my happy place. I just love it so much. And I know that you also I wish we were together, but you also I wish we were together. I woke up early in the morning. As Jarrett knows and anyone in my life knows, I have to work out for my mood. Yes, it just has to happen or I'm in a crappy mood the rest of the day. So I got up early. I was really excited about the whole thing. Because I knew, you know, probably going to do a lot of drinking, some eating, So.
Speaker 2: Let's go do a workout.
Speaker 3: I have talked on the podcast before about going to yoga class and people taking as Curisa says, liberty is like if I'm next to you in a hot yoga class and we're supposed to pull our legs over this way, like, do it this way because I don't want you going the opposite way.
Speaker 2: And then we're touching and it's wet and there's hair. Just listen to the instructor. It's not that hard. Stop worrying about your eyelashes. Get invested. Why are you.
Speaker 3: Wearing those in this class? Anyway, they're gonna fall off. So anyways, I go to a workout class. I'm really excited. There is one station next to me that's open. I'm not worried about it. It's my birthday. I'm excited. She's playing the new Taylor Swift Great Decided, and then walks in the grunter you all know the grunter. And I'm really pissed off because I tried to focus and I try to just be like, you know what, it doesn't matter that I now know what your personal experiences sound like, and in fact everyone now knows she means in the bedroom is what we're going on there. Yeah, it was basically for forty five minutes in my class, it was the Harry met Sally restaurant moment. And it was just so uncalled for, and I really blame it's really uncalled for, and I blame COVID because I feel like a lot of us, you.
Speaker 2: Know, we were all we all were working out by.
Speaker 3: Ourselves and I was on peloton and I was screaming at myself and doing my thing. But this was crazy, and she did it the whole class. And my sister's here, by the way, I'll give her a shout out, Kendra Andrews. My sister knows very well this look. I'm at my station and I am like, you don't want to get that look from Aaron.
Speaker 2: Stop, Like we get it. Whatever it is, the chapstick move we're doing.
Speaker 3: AnyWho, the final minute and a half, which is always the hard one, the bitch starts counting like we're doing a hold, and she starts counting it one two.
Speaker 2: Wait and finally said stop counting. It's my birthday.
Speaker 3: I was so pissed off, so needless to say, it didn't help the workout on my birthday.
Speaker 2: Katie sign to night. Everyone welcome Katie to this day. Yeah that's tough.
Speaker 3: At least you didn't get yelled out by the teacher when I had.
Speaker 2: Someplace to go. Anyone else done this. I left five minutes early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right where it's like, and don't tell me it's your practice, it's you a thing. Well, my practice aid it five minutes ago because if I can squeeze this workout, and then I got to run out, and I'm all about yoga etquette.
Speaker 3: My sister in law is yoga instructor. Shut to my sister. She's here as well. You you sisters everywhere. But if I, oh my god, imagine if I took Allie's class, she would hate it.
Speaker 2: I would not listen. She would kick me out of class.
Speaker 1: Anyways, she's very good, but yeah, no, taking liberty is this one thing in a yoga class. But I get it where you're like, you want to have a zen, peaceful experience.
Speaker 2: This one calls me. She goes, oh, I said the worst time in yoga.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, I did happy birthday listen to my yoga class. I was so pissed off, And how do you not know you're doing that? At least you didn't have your therapist call and leave you a voicemail.
Speaker 1: True, so I wanted to say, so we had our birthdays, but also how many women will be celebrating Mother's Day? Yes, Happy Mother's Day, And it is my great honor to wish Aaron her first ever Happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: I mean, look at that guy. It makes me emotional thinking about it because the journey that you have been very open and candid about to becoming a mother, and I'm so excited that you get to celebrate your first don't look at yourself and start first.
Speaker 2: I was like, God, is time for botox? She's really this is what she does? She deflects.
Speaker 1: Can we just talk about mac and how we stole right here? Also like who has this picture?
Speaker 2: It's really great?
Speaker 3: But I love you and I'm so excited to celebrate Mother's Day for the first time with you.
Speaker 2: So very exciting.
Speaker 3: New developments in our house are Nanny, who we love a lot. We're grateful for sat Jarret and Night down the other day and said, so, I'm just gonna tell you your kid is a genius at manipulation. He has now learned how to turn it on, including the tears the crime. He's also amazing. We're obviously so grateful, but we are learning a very important lesson about letting him deal with himself and letting him cry it out and soothe himself.
Speaker 2: And it's hard, and yeah, you know, there's been a couple of.
Speaker 3: Instances today he was having an absolute meltdown and we've decided we're gonna let him do it and then we'll grab him and see if he can calm down. It's a lot like Jarrett talks to me, like just breathe, like breathe. And so Jarrett went to go walk Howie in the morning and I had Mac and I was trying to get him to calm down, and I just started to talk to him like a normal person because I don't want to do the baby talk and stuff. But I was just like, listen, buddy, like I don't want to return you to doctor Marson, that fertility clinic, but if you're not happy here, we could always bring you back to California Fertility Partners.
Speaker 2: Like, but I'm gonna I'm wow you step down.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna warn you that lobby is cold, and there's a lot of like you don't the.
Speaker 2: Freezer, yeah, you're nold, A.
Speaker 3: Lot of stirrups, a lot of gel, a lot of ultras. Now it's not your bouncy chair is not there, so you may not like the heat right now is at sixty eight trees in this palatia palace you live in. And then my final thing, Jared hilarious. I think it was yesterday. Mac was throwing a fit and Jarrett looked over at him from the kitchen.
Speaker 2: He goes, Mac, you have a really good life.
Speaker 3: I was like, I told him I'd bring him back to the fertility clinic.
Speaker 2: But he's the best. He's so cute. I love that.
Speaker 3: Aaron celebrating Mother's Day and I'm celebrating being mother, mother of seven hundred animals at the ranch. Yes, yes, oh, the first ever baby chick was born at Ruby Ranch.
Speaker 2: This is a big deal. Guys. What's the same toto? Yeah, I don't know if it's a boy girl.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, so I can't if anyone likes roosters here my bed.
Speaker 2: I hate roosters. I can't do that.
Speaker 1: Kaka all morning. I know I'm out. So when you get baby chicks. So I like, I don't know shit about ranching. Or by the way, it's not even ranching, it's farming. But I think ranch sounds cooler, so I say it's a ranch. I watched Yellowstone. It's why I even have the place, and I just want to live out my best dream. So as I'm drinking vodka and taking care of the animals, which again I might be doing it all wrong, but I felt very proud that I've got to birth the first chick here and so for a very short amount of time. When you go and get people might know this, but I didn't. When you go and get a bunch of baby chicks. I bought all these baby chicks. You don't know if they're going to turn into a boy or girl whatever. Anyways, they turned into roosters.
Speaker 2: Are like, I gotta get rid of these roosters. Luckily Tony took those.
Speaker 1: But at some point the rooster impregnated this biach and we got our first baby chick.
Speaker 3: There will not be another one after that. Thank you, Thank you. I am very proud. I too, I too had a surrogate, you know, hah bet mine costs more.
Speaker 2: Actually, no, mine probably costs as much as your branch. She was worth it though. No, thank godess here's anyone looking to buy a ranch. I gotta get rid of this place.
Speaker 1: No, But so I bring all this up to say, I also have all these other little baby chicks that weren't born there. And I walked out the other day and Daisy, my German shepherd's head is in the chicken coop. She has ripped the front of the screen off and she her heads.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh this is oh, oh, this is not gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Luckily she was just playing with them because they were all fine.
Speaker 2: But I was like, motherhood it's hard.
Speaker 3: You know. So as their manipulation going, have you noticed like you're trying to, like Tom back to the frugility clinic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I Tali. Aaron and I have a lot in common, also a lot of differences. Our mother's day look different.
Speaker 1: But we just love our animals nonetheless, And if anyone knows anything about ranching or farming, has love to take all suggestions because I don't know anything.
Speaker 3: I know that Ryan said there was supposed to be a clock, and I'm kind of worried we're going on not me. Oh great, Okay, there, it is so much time. This is Jared's nightmare. Wait, you said we're going off script, which Ryan hates.
Speaker 2: We probably Oh no, We've got to do this one.
Speaker 3: People will love it because this picture is unreal. Did you give this picture to Ryan?
Speaker 2: Look at me? I'm like, what the outfit?
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh, this is the portion of the program we're supposed to talk about what it's like working in the sports industry.
Speaker 2: Picture. Oh you were busy. No, I can't. I said it to you. It's too blurry. Well, thank god.
Speaker 1: Okay, well here's the story. Yes, we are so grateful to have the jobs that we have.
Speaker 2: Again, my boss, what up.
Speaker 3: Your but let me tell you when you so I was doing a sit down. I will omit the young gentleman who I was interviewing for his own sake, because it's so embarrassing. I was doing an interview for NFL Films a couple of weeks ago, and I was wearing like a tank top thing, and I didn't want theras straps to show on the side. So I was like, oh, look at me, brought the like sticky strapless kind of bra.
Speaker 1: I'm so prepared. I want to have that weird strap on the side. I get the picture back after the interview is over. I'm on my way back to the airport. You guys, the entire sweater is see through and you can see the stick bra.
Speaker 2: Oh no, And need I remind you.
Speaker 3: If you've listened to the podcast I was, I would like some more and a little lift this.
Speaker 2: It was National Geographic. They're out of ear and the stick is half stick, half not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna post it on the Calm Down Podcast Instagram. It is so embarrassing. And I called my producer a Chip, which normally I try to be like chill about this stuff. I was like, yo, like just edit out the zi you know, the bad hair extension. There ain't no editing this thing out. It looks so tacky and so embarrassing. And all I could think about is this young gentleman. And when I say young, I could be his mother that I was interviewing. The whole time, He's probably like, who is this old trashy beach that doesn't even wear the right bra to an interview?
Speaker 2: It looked like it was. It was so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Anyways, we're on the topic because this industry is so wonderful but sometimes being a woman in it is bad when you have situations like that. So I apologize to the young gentleman who plays for the Baltimore Ravens and hopefully they can fix it in post.
Speaker 3: Bad He no ask Steve. He's not lucky Steve. We love Steve, Yes, yes, we do love Steve.
Speaker 1: But no, the job is so wonderful and I'm so grateful to you know, we've both been doing this twenty something years. But all the different stories of like things that you know, we talked about your hair. Oh, you have an updo, you can't show Aaron has a great hair extension trick, bend and snack.
Speaker 2: I have an updo and I can't do it. Well, no, it just goes along.
Speaker 3: We were talking about this about you know, really, Jillian and I are the only females that travel in our crew, so thank god for her.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Jillian, hey guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, you find little tricks of the trade.
Speaker 2: Bo I know you'd appreciate this.
Speaker 3: Right before I go on camera, really no one there to do my hair, so it's like you don't want to fly it all up when you've got you know, who do you have? Jared Goff Aaron Rodgers. I don't know who's Dak Prescott. So I do the old pen trick. Fine, do it? Oh, I dropped my pen and then you make sure all your hair extensions are down.
Speaker 2: Flip it.
Speaker 5: It works, keV. I don't know about Aaron Rodgers's achilles. He told me his leg is still attached. But god, damn it, look at my hair, you know. Yeah, it works, it works, it works.
Speaker 3: Don't do this move though, and think you're gonna because you don't have a brush that you're gonna just comb it out and one get stuck in the ring in your hair and you're like this, sob and put it in your pocket. How many hair extensions have you found in your pockets?
Speaker 2: A lot for me? Oh my god. When you do the wash and they're in your gene pocket.
Speaker 3: The individuals you know what I'm talking about right there, don't you not at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or the first time you're hunging up with a guy and he's like, what is that? I was like, don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: You like, don't touch my hair or my bank at South you know what it is. I have nothing left in my bank account after the last one.
Speaker 2: No, but it's great. There's like there's so many wonderful things. Wait are you still here? He left? Because if you because if you've.
Speaker 1: Got the right teammates, they'll go like this, Oh you had this happen with Luke Keigley. Like they'll go like, hey, you've got some of your nose or like.
Speaker 2: You've got whatever. They'll help you out with that, which I appreciate. Green Bay's the worst not to go to. It's my favorite.
Speaker 3: But I have a real booger breath phobia, as you guys know on the podcast. I don't want athletes talking about my breath because I've heard enough of them talk about other reporters with bad breath. If they're going to say anything nasty about me, it's not going to be about how my breath is. My nose is also a big deal. My right side is always running. Don't know if there's a doctor here and what that means. I wax mine. That's what happens. Sure people think I have a substance abuse problem. I'm like, I swear to God, it's just from waxing, constantly wiping it. It comes out, it really does. But it's always my right side. So poor Jillian. It's like my teeth, my breath. I don't talk to her while she's doing my makeup and my right side. Green Bay. There's just nothing you can do. And it's really upsetting because it's so cold. I grew up a Brett fhar fan. I loved the frozen snot he used to have on his beard, but I don't like it for myself.
Speaker 2: I don't need it. And yeah, I've told the story on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Luke Keighley very attractive, a young superman, and I was he.
Speaker 2: I think they were in Green Bay. They were.
Speaker 3: It ended up snowing that game, and I went up to talk to him during pregame, and when I came back, my producer went, you have something in your nose And I looked and it was massive and it was insane and it was embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Cut you and goes, oh, I know, it was horrible.
Speaker 3: And I apologized to him this day, to this day, still cut you. NFC Championship, Tom Brady and the Buccaneers on their way to win a Super Bowl beat Green Bay in Green Bay. We had to be on the first row because it was COVID couldn't be down there. Shack beartt I think sacked Aaron Rodgers twenty times in that game.
Speaker 2: He comes up to be right under me. I'm interviewing him. Congratulations, I'm going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Massive booger up my nose, and I was, I wrote him, Yeah, I felt so bad.
Speaker 2: Dear America, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've said that for the majority of vis dear audience, I'm sorry for this clean ax. If you're listening, I'd love to be a spokesperson, really would of the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's hard.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: Oh, which brings me to this whole We were talking about it the other day.
Speaker 1: So I'm not on TikTok lucky me. I don't have to get rid of it, right, but this get Ready with me sed uf, I can't keep up. I can't know what I mean exactly.
Speaker 2: Cindy gets it. I can't keep up with the get Ready and.
Speaker 1: We're using this and by the time I've watched the whole thing, I'm like, it's time to go to bed and watch all this makeup off I've watched.
Speaker 3: I've went down a rabbit hole and then there's powder and a thing and you put the blush over it, and then we're repowdering, and then we're doing something?
Speaker 2: So many steps? I saw, what is that? You did? You do that? So? How do you do that? You look great? How long does it take you? Yeah? But how does the how long does the initial application take? Be honest? Thirty minutes? God?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Okay, well it looks great? Do you do these?
Speaker 3: Get ready with me? Which I always thought they were grown or something. I was like, what are we?
Speaker 2: What are we doing? What is this acronym? And what is this old oat d? And like outfit of the day.
Speaker 3: I The one that really threw me was get ready with me for my seven am pilates class. And I'm like, I'm lucky if I wipe the crap out of my eyes, brush my teeth, maybe go to the bathroom and oh god, I haven't eaten.
Speaker 2: But my whole thing is, what's what the weird voice everyone's doing? Get ready with me while I go to my seven A is that's the thing? What is that voice? I don't know that thing.
Speaker 5: First I apply my concealer and then I dub a little of the pat.
Speaker 2: What's what am I doing?
Speaker 1: And I can't keep up with the voiceover, which is bad if that's my job sometimes to do voiceovers. I can't keep up with the voiceover of the video by the time, and look, I love an ad Swipe up, swipe left. These animals need to be fed. Okay, but if you ask me to do a reel, I'm sweating before I even agree to the contract because I cannot do it. I feel like when my dad first learned a text, he goes, oh, I'm never going to text you.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to text. I mean fast forward, you.
Speaker 3: Know, ten years later he's got to figure out how to text. I guess I have to figure out how to do the reels. It takes me at least you and I panic about the reels.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. I don't know how to do a fact, I don't know how to do it, like I don't know how to take it.
Speaker 3: And in selfie, my nose looks bizarre, my neck is weird, and I'm not looking in the right way.
Speaker 2: Are you looking for a selfie? Like up here? Up there? It's so weird it's bad.
Speaker 1: But by the time I get the real now it's deleted because it's taking too long and I didn't know how to save it. That happened to you, And now we're trying to add the music.
Speaker 2: Now. I don't know if we can have the music because it's not licensed. It's a mess.
Speaker 3: I'm it's just crazy. Did you tell me upstairs? You had something to tell me about your life? And I thought you were engaged for pregnant guys, I have an announcement. No, I'm not, I'm not not. I found my wallet.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: I hear him now, I hear him now, Steve found my wallet.
Speaker 2: Kay, and I have a theory. I have a theory. So for the who's standing up about it?
Speaker 1: Oh that's Ryan, Hi, Ryan, Ryan, you are wonderful producer. You know Ryan, Ryan has to deal with We love Ryan and Kurt. Kurt's not here, he's put But yeah, Ryan has a contract so he has to stay. But so lot, I was going to Jillian's birthday exactly. Oh my god, finally someone likes us.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of women that don't like me anyways. So there's I have taken Uber to Jillian's birthday party.
Speaker 1: I take an Uber home. The wallet's not in the Uber, can't find it. It's not at Gillian's house. The wallet's gone. Steve comes up today and goes, guess what, reach into my pocket and I've got a surprise for you.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's what he said. This is what he said.
Speaker 3: As I'm laying there icing my finger and I look like I'm the scarecrow.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, daddy, can't wait.
Speaker 1: I reached into his pocket today and there's the wallet, and I was like, oh my god, you found this one. I think Steve took the wallet so he could be the hero.
Speaker 2: I do where was it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, but I look there. I look there. I have a theory that does these things. He takes these things or does certain things so then he can be the hero. And I'm like, oh my god, You're amazing. How can I live without you?
Speaker 1: Needless said, I'd already canceled all the cards, so shit, but I got what about the license?
Speaker 2: Got the license back, but already ordered a new one, so we can we keep the new one either way?
Speaker 1: That's my You know what, bad things happen in life, guys. But I'm a real optimist. Glass apple steep.
Speaker 3: Seep seep seep seep seep seep purposed purpose purpose propose. I'm gonna say, Steve, I appreciate you it's planning that whole thing to look like a hero on the day of the podcast show. I also love Steve being like reaching met puckets, like the wallet.
Speaker 2: Fits in here. You know what I mean? It was a small wallet. I'm kidding Phil, Okay, I mean, look look at his hands. They're not as big as my hands currently.
Speaker 3: But look, I'm thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I love this laugh track. This guy's great. I need to know more about him.
Speaker 3: I'm taking Lexi and him home with us. Wait, can we can we get a mic to this beauty? His laugh is I would just like to say thank.
Speaker 2: You to every man that's here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kendook half the crap we talk about. No one cares, but I appreciate. I feel like Sally Jesse, Raphael.
Speaker 2: Do you know who that is? The red glasses? Great sir? Can we like?
Speaker 3: Your laugh has been amazing? Can I know a little bit about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What do you say? He said me? Where are you from? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Occupation name? I'm Zayny. I'm a radio personality. Big We follow you guys. Me and my lady we follow you guys. We love you guys. So we came here from Minneapolis, Oh, my god. Oh we lived there, and so I'm just like, I'm very happy. I'm happy for her. She's the birthday girl.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: Do you have a question or want to sing? Happy birthday? Yes, here we go. And what's what's your birthname? What's your what?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Heather Joe? What Heather? Heather Joe? Okay, here we go, Happy birthday. I'm three to Heather Joe. Oh, we can just stay at Heather Heather just Heather, Okay, Yeah, what's her name?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, what's her name? Christina? Okay? Happy birthday to Heather and Christina. Here we go, one, two, three.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, dude you Happy birthday due, Yes, shorty dear Heather and Christina.
Speaker 6: Bird sweet dandy man lay We love y'all. Thank you so much, ladies, thank.
Speaker 2: You so much.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Sandy, would you mind doing my voiceovers for a real that I have because your voice is incredible.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter what kind of bra you're wearing. You right, you're not getting this at the Tom Brady roast, you know what I mean. Awesome, Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: Hey, I couldn't help but hear the resounding applause for Minneapolis yeah, okay, I love that.
Speaker 2: And they came from New York. Stop it new you aren't the big city.
Speaker 3: Aaron and I loved living in New York. We lived there at separate times.
Speaker 1: Actually, one of my best friends from childhood, Meg Bedford, is here and she has lived in New York since graduating college USC.
Speaker 2: She was rich. I wasn't had to go to community college, but lived in New York for a long time.
Speaker 1: And the last time that you were in New York with us was when Whitney Houston died. Oh my god, I know exactly. I don't want to bring it down.
Speaker 3: No, no, Jesus no, I say all this because I will always love you.
Speaker 1: And we celebrated her life. It's a celebration of life at Bagatelle, And this one was on the She walked in in a sports jacket for a boozy brunch.
Speaker 3: Okay, and she looked very Anna bun, thank you very much, fantastic. I was just coming from a very fancy college basketball game.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, sec on Saturday nights.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Barba, Big ten, Galpo, Ryan Tomaso.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Anyways, she came and then all of a sudden, she has never been The lights went down, not in Georgia, but they went down and the party came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a time, we accord.
Speaker 3: It was like Darret's first Stanley Cup party. Whoa wasn't there any who? I wasn't It was pre me. No, that was really like the party. So I've heard writiness Anus did you come back? So according to the clock, not my biological clock, that Aaron really wants me to have a kid, I'm not having one.
Speaker 1: We have eight and a half minutes left before they kick us off. Sorry, so good news. If anyone wants to ask a question or air out your grievances were ready.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes I have another Go Hawks, Go Hawks. Had a childhood sport memory that like solidified.
Speaker 6: Your love of sports?
Speaker 2: Mmmm go seet. Oh my gosh, I love my love of sports.
Speaker 3: I mean watching my brother at the Brian Bosworth poster landa boz on the walls.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 1: My favorite gifts in life were anything autographed. I loved getting an autographed baseball bat, anything like that.
Speaker 3: And I loved Steve from my athletes professional ones. No, they were probably like counterfeit. And my parents were like happy Birthday and it was like my dad signing it nice I know now we have to figure out if it's real, right, No, but I was gonna say there was there is that moment and I mentioned working with Gary Payton, but there are those moments where like growing up in Seattle was Gary Payton and Sean Kemp and Ken Grifey Junior and I had the candy bar. My god, why did we save the candy bar for like ten fifteen years.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna go back. Speaking of saving things, the barbies? Anyone else have those collector item barbies?
Speaker 2: I do? What did we peaches and cream? What are we gonna do with those? Are we selling nights in my room?
Speaker 3: That Peaches and Cream was a song I liked and it was very inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Collector's items are weird, so is that child stick thing you get.
Speaker 3: But anyways, my memories of childhood, I mean, it's all why I wanted to become a sports broadcaster was just growing up and watching football with my dad on Sundays.
Speaker 2: My sister can vouch for this. I was like, I want to go to charge my dad's Like you.
Speaker 1: Could sit with me and watch football, but just shut up and don't say anything.
Speaker 2: And that's how I learned the sport.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: You know, Aaron and I have talked with great affinity about our fathers, and it's a huge reason why we are sports podcasters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine was watching the Celtics with my dad and thinking Larry Bird was my friend, and Casey Jones and Kevin McHale was my first boyfriend, and my sister Ken can attest to this.
Speaker 2: The one. I mean, there's not one sports memory I have, but a big one.
Speaker 3: Was when Larry Bird cracked his head on the parquet floor and he went back to go get looked at, and they're playing freaking Reggie Miller and the Indiana Pacers, and then you hear Marv Albert.
Speaker 2: Like gosh, sure comes Florid Bard.
Speaker 3: And my dad and sister and I have a picture of us at Boston Garden so lame, and I why did mom cut my hair like that? It was so weird and we're like running up the stairs and I'm like sweet.
Speaker 1: Twenty personations though, by the way, this one does a mean impersonation.
Speaker 2: I need you to give me a good Troy Aikman right now. Oh under pressure. I don't know, No, Jillian, I don't know.
Speaker 3: She does a y'all thirsty that was what the text we always got like before, like you know, we did our crew dinners like to meet down at the bar. Hey anyone thirsty? Y'all thirsty? Yes, I have better ones. I need more drinks than that. Any other questions?
Speaker 2: Oh hey, so.
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 1: Was because you're smarter than the guy the guys.
Speaker 2: Say for the people in the back, that's what What was your name? What was your name? Sir? Derek Garrett? Garrett, thank you, first of all, thank you for being here. And then you have a question.
Speaker 3: He was being very complimentary and he said, you guys were beautiful.
Speaker 2: What drove you to smarter than what? Guys? No, I'm kidding. You don't have to call him out any specifically that you think are really stupid. No, sports were one. Oh that's very sweet. Thank you, go for it.
Speaker 3: I know, we I mean, I know, and you know this. I study my ass off and i feel like it's never enough. And I'm grateful for guys like Andrew Whitworth. I'm grateful for guys like you know, all the ones that have just taken care of us. You know, we had this conversation with Derek Jeter when I first started baseball at ESPN I know I sucked. I mean, I knew I was raised on the Boston Red Sox, but just me learning and guys like Derek taking me under his wing and you know, helping me out, giving me an interview and so forth.
Speaker 2: But listen, like that was very kind of you to say.
Speaker 3: But I say this with everything that has to do with my career, I have a massive chip on my shoulder.
Speaker 2: This just in.
Speaker 3: I never played, so I don't know what it's like to make an adjustment at the half. I don't know what it's like to you know, get your offensive line to you know, have not that this guy knows.
Speaker 2: You know, he always gave great protection.
Speaker 3: But you'd be like, guys, come on, you like, what do we need to do to you know, go up against his defense? So I always over studied. I jarreed knows this. I come home with chest pains, which isn't healthy. I mean, I'm sure stay farm, I need better insurance. But no, I just it's because I never want to screw up. I never want there to be a moment on television or on the sidelines where someone said you don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 1: That panics me. I think, and you know this is this is not good. I don't have that same fear. But my fear is always this, I only have a job until I don't, and where I feel very very grateful that after.
Speaker 2: This we may not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think that's why my boss is here, is to fire me. But so I've got three minutes and ten seconds left of employment.
Speaker 2: Guys, it's been awesome.
Speaker 3: No, I think I think you always, and it doesn't matter what job that you're in, is that the minute that you think that you've arrived and you're gonna be there forever is the minute that it can get taken away. So I always that's why I have to have seven jobs in case any one of them do get taken away. But I think it's Jalen Rose gave me this advice one time when I was working with him at ESPN. He said, appreciate your position, but plan your promotion. And that's not a way of arrogance. But I think it's it's gratitude. But where else do you want to go? Those who fail to set their goals fail to reach them. Like, there's a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: But also my father always reminds us the cemetery is full of a lot of irreplaceable people, and.
Speaker 2: The minute that you think that you can know guys, I could keep going.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of rules for success on my wall growing up. But I think it's really important at least that this is my guiding compass, is that I'm grateful for the job that I have. I'm even more grateful for the people that I get to do it with and the friendship that I've been able to develop because of it.
Speaker 2: They've become family.
Speaker 3: And I know I laugh about my divorces and all this, like you know, crap in my life, but those are the people that are there for you.
Speaker 2: That said, it doesn't matter if you're a sports broadcaster.
Speaker 3: Or wherever you work, your relationships are they start with you. Right, You're the author of your story, So be the person that other people.
Speaker 2: Want, you know, to be around.
Speaker 3: So, in the words of Kristen Wig at Bridesmaids for the toast, the dessert wine is out. Yeah, the dessert.
Speaker 2: Wine is out.
Speaker 3: So we want to say thank you. And also I want to say this, we want to do more of this. So if any of you, like.
Speaker 2: I mean the Kelsey's crew, they could do it. I think we could do it too.
Speaker 3: I I will say this.
Speaker 2: Let's all raise a glass. I'm out to you guys. Thank you for it.
Speaker 3: By the way, we are nothing without you. No I if no one listens, we're not here. Thank you guys for spending a little time with us every week or even if it's every few months, because that's all you can handle. We appreciate you. We love you, and thank you for being. Thank you guys so much. Thank you. Nikki Glazer, everybody, she's coming to this. Heay, No, I'm kidding. I thought my sticker on my shoes was on and I was going to be No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a bad look.
Speaker 3: No, Daniella, these are mine, They're not yours. No, this is a rental. These are broken.
Speaker 2: Mine are broken. We love you, guys. Thank you so much for coming. Thanks you, guys.
Speaker 3: Calm down with Erin and Parsa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.