Speaker 1: Welcome everyone. It is the KSR pre show for Monday, February twenty fourth. Shannon, the Dude and Lois will be enjoyed by Billy Rutledge over in Lexington. And you can give us a call on the Clarks Popping Shot phone line eight five nine and two EIGHTHO twenty two eighty seven. You're a whiskey thief Call of the day. You can also send us a text at five O two two six five six six five six And as always KISR appreciab being brought to you by Italics find Italian Dining in Lexington. We writ Poppies on Friday, Billy, and I gotta tell you it did not disappoint all the hype that you had given it over the several months that you had been the endorser of Poppies.
Speaker 2: It was absolutely awesome.
Speaker 1: So glad we were able to go there and I was able to get up Margarita in a Thereso Caesadia.
Speaker 2: It was delicious, It was It was great to have a little lunch with you after the show. Big thank you to Marcos and Poppies for having us out. I had a great time. Not only did we have a great crowd. The margaritas were good. They finally wore off sometime this weekend and you had a drink of one of them and you said it tasted like a Florida margarita. That's right, Yeah, little sunshine tastes or something like that. I'm not sure what that ingredient is, but they do have some great margarita's over there, So glad we could do that last.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm getting you in one ear right now, and it's driving me insane. Uh oh, do you think that's going over the air in one ear or do you think that's your broken headphones?
Speaker 1: It's these broken headphones. When you pick them up, they fall apart. So I'll try to get through this first segment. They're better than the ones that disappear here, Shannon. It's like a Officer Don takes them home with them, or I'm gonna sa who's even there at the studio to take them?
Speaker 2: Me and Officer Don. That's it? Like Ryan, You do have Ryan and Drew coming in there today. That's true. Guys coming could very well be the culprit. You know, he likes to take things.
Speaker 1: If the guy is willing to steal silverware at a restaurant. I mean, I wouldn't put it past them to steal a head pair of headphones at a radio station.
Speaker 2: So now that's true. I'd also I also could see Ryan Lemon just walking out of the studio with him on his head too, so you know, you never know how he's gonna take it. Right.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't too good of a trip down to Tuscalooso over the weekend for the Cats.
Speaker 2: They lose ninety six eighty three.
Speaker 1: Got off to a good start, you know, they were up thirty to eighteen at one point, then Alabama woke up, went on a huge run to take the lead at halftime. Then the second half, Kentucky tried to fight, tried to stay in it and make a game out of it. But I think you really saw though the effects of not having your second and third leading score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, not to start making excuses already.
Speaker 1: But you know, when you play Vandy at home, you can beat a team like that without Butler and without Robinson. When you go on the road in that environment and you take on one of the top teams in college basketball, you got to play a near perfect game to win.
Speaker 2: Billy. Yeah, and not even just the top two leading scorers for this team. How about the top three? With otega Oway having his worst game as a Kentucky wildecat he goes one to nine from the field, he snaps his twenty six straight game double digit streak. It was it was tough, because you're right, you know, I think the stat was that Matt Sheared was they scored twenty points in the first five minutes and then only twenty points in the next fifteen minutes in that first half. And now it's two games in a row where it feels like they just run out of gas in the second half, right the collapse at Texas, the second half here at Alabama. A couple of times Alabama went on some runs. But you're right, dude, it was encouraging to see them start hot. I mean, they hit the four threes before the first media time out, and you start looking around, right, You're like, hmm, maybe they maybe they do have it today. But you're right, it's tough to win a game against a national title contender, against the raining SEC player the year, Mark Sears, who got every single call in that game. We might spend some time on.
Speaker 1: The officiating as well, because I'm really proud of our fans, because I've not heard one fan complain about the officiating Saturday, so.
Speaker 2: Well, you didn't listen to the postal.
Speaker 1: I scrolled through Twitter. I was just trying to find any contempty fan could playing in about the reps. I didn't see anything on there, so I know that we're not going to use that as an excuse. There's there's no way our fans. Our fans are too good for that sucked Saturday.
Speaker 2: They sucked. It may not be the reason why ultimately you win or lose a game, but they sucked, and I am not afraid to say the way. Did you see this video KSR for talking about listen? Okay, I know you're dancing around tiptoe because of suing, but hey, did you see the video of the official staring down Mark Pope stopping the game to walk him down.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you if if you thought that maybe Mark Pope was going to get his first technical foul as a Kentucky coach.
Speaker 2: I thought it was going to happen right there. I thought it was right there, and Mark was given the officials an earful and rightly so. There were some ticky tack fouls called in that game, and at times it looked like Sears was getting the calls where a guy like Travis Perry and Colin Chandler weren't. Maybe there's an aspect of those guys are freshmen and they don't have the respect from the officials yet, That's what Goose Givens was saying on the broadcast. But man, it was right there. It was frustrating to see that. And you know what, Shannon that like, I was saying that was the entire postgame show, and it got a little spicy because Matt was fighting back a little bit, saying that's not the reason why Kentucky won or loss. I mean, ultimately it was a thirteen point game. So yeah, I mean it's tough. But that video, I mean, that ref should be fined or suspended. You cannot do that. That is completely unaccepted.
Speaker 1: Was giving him the Tubby stare down the Tubby Smith stare. Remember Tubby Like wouldn't even get mad, he wouldn't go off, even just stare a hole through you. That's what That's what Mark Pope was doing to that ref on Saturday.
Speaker 2: And then when the ref walked him down, it was like just Mark just kept his head in the clouds. He didn't even make ion contact with the guy. If he did, I feel like he could have got the technical there. Yeah, we were tall as pope. It's hard to make contact. You have to look down on everybody. That's true.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The two things that we talked about on Friday that we say Kentucky had to do in order to win this game was number one, win the three point shooting contest they did not, and then get to the line more than Alabama they did not. So I feel like, really, if you look at those two things right there, you know, if you hit more threes than they do and you get to the line more than they do, I think you win this game even despite having your two top guys out. Carl Williams played great, by the way, played absolutely great. I think they both had seventeen apiece. Brea had a you know, he had twenty points. He still shot I think was it four of ten or four of eleven from three something like that.
Speaker 2: Four or ten.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing though, going back to what we talked about last week. If you tell me Kobe Brea has twenty points, Billy, I'm gonna say that's a win. The only thing is it doesn't matter how many points he has. When Oway, who has been your most consistent guy all season long, only gives you two points. It felt like Alabama said, look, we're well aware of Oways scoring fifteen to twenty every game. We're not going to let that guy beat us. And they didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt like the foul trouble got in his head a little bit. Couple Tiki tech fouls to start that second half, and he just never got into his groove, which is disappointing, right because, like you said, you just get maybe your normal output for him, and you're right there at the very end, and you know, despite a poor shooting performance from three, Travis, Perry goes one of seven. I thought he played gritty minute Shannon, I mean twenty eight minutes from Travis. I thought he played well in some stretches. But ultimately, you have nine scholarship players and you see fatigue set in and you see the guys play bad in the second half. We've got to do something about some of these substitution pattern Shannon. Why is Amary Williams on the bench with no fouls in the first half. Why is it that he can't play more than thirty minutes a game. Is conditioning that big of an issue for the man from Nottingham, Shannon? No, If it is, maybe he needs to start doing chest day with Shannon the dude at the gym because he needs to get this conditioning up. Man, Kentucky is significantly a worst team with him on the bench. There is a huge drop off right now when Brandon Garrison comes in. So I don't know if Rick Patino needs to come in for a weekend and teach these guys what a treadmill is. But Amari in his minute distribution needs to change. Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: Shannon?
Speaker 2: Like this guy needs to be on the court for thirty five minutes, yeah, not twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Do you think Carr playing as well as he did maybe had a little something to do with that too, you know, with Carr out and Mari's gonna get more minutes. But I think maybe with Carr being in and you know, he came in and knocked down was it a couple of threes right there at the very beginning to get Kentucky out to a twenty to nine lead. Maybe that's the thing. Like, do you want Carr and Williams out there at the same time on the floors.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with those two. I actually really love what Carr brought in a little revenge against Grant Nelson, who played so well the last time. But I think Andrew playing so well takes minutes away from Annsley, not necessarily Amari, but you know, it seems like either Amari or Garrison are going to be at the floor, not at the same time, but when the other one's out. And now, look, Andrew Carr is a huge key to this team, right, I mean, I think he looked his best sense the back injury against Alabama, and at times he showed that like he did earlier this year, where he can take over a game. But I don't think Andrew's success dictates a Mari's minutes. I don't. And you know, I think Amari is one of the best passers on the team. He had six assists in this game that led the team. So when he goes out of the game, it's not even necessarily defense that takes the biggest hit, its offense. Like these guys just look like they don't know what they're doing when Amar's not out there. But you know, I don't know, is he just winded Shannon. I just I don't get it. We're seeing a huge drop off when he leaves.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's conditioning, surely not at this point of the season.
Speaker 2: And what is right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's just Pope substitution patterns, which you know sometimes have been a little bit of a head scratcher. But I think that that's probably more to do with it than Amari's conditioning itself. I don't think that he's so winded that he can't go out there and play an extra five or six minutes.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I mean, you know, to that point, playing the bench has allowed these guys to develop more, and you see guys like Colin Chandler play more and more minutes because Mark Pope has kept that rotation long. But you know, I'm I'm worried about Brandon Garrison. Man, he becomes a turnstile at times, and on offense, he doesn't bring a lot to the team. But Amari talk about development, Man, that guy has become really, really good. We were debating a Marii versus Oscar Shebley. Goeh, Friday, I mean, that's how good this guy's got a triple double in one game he goes perfect. In another game, he's really stepped up his game.
Speaker 1: So good for a Mari And you know you've got to have somebody step up when you got when you got injuries.
Speaker 2: So but you know, ultimately this is a good Alabama team. Kentucky rows two spots in the net despite their loss shnnon and I think they're still on the three seed line if you look at bracketology, like Joe Lonardi.
Speaker 1: So well, let's talk about the bracketology for just a minute since we're on this topic.
Speaker 2: Did you see what came out on Friday?
Speaker 1: The potential matchup for bracketology all that season where it is today, You would have Kentucky as the three seed. They would take on the winner of wait for it, Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Or Louisville.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine if that were the second round matchup, You're gonna play one of those two. And I think V see you as like the playing game. So I guess Arkansas and theory and this is all in theory, right, I mean the season we still got a long way to go from the season here. But if it were to play out that way, where you had Arkansas and Louisville in the second round. Who, Billy, I think this like our collective heads would explode in the state of Kentucky if it were Kentucky versus either one of those two teams in the second round.
Speaker 2: I'd love a rematch versus Louisville. They've gotten so testy after beating a bad ACC conference over this year. So what you're saying, you're scared of Arkansas though you don't see Arkansas. I do not want to see cal I don't round anymore. I know, I know, despite all that. But how poetic would it be if he were to beat Kentucky in the first or second round the year after he leaves. I mean, it would be too poetic. But as long as they avoid Saint John's, man, did you see them beat down a Yukon on Sunday? Aura's back, man, It's they got Madison Square Garden Rock and that is going to be a tough, tough out in the tournament. But don't ever say the NCAA tournament doesn't pick based on entertainment value.
Speaker 1: If not, Yeah, people have been saying that for years, and I've been saying for years, bs, I don't believe it. I think that, you know, it's all about ratings, right, and if they have the opportunity to do that, to put those two teams together, they're going to do it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: They can't do something just ridiculous if like neither team is even close.
Speaker 2: To that seed line.
Speaker 1: But if you're telling me that, you know, you got Kentucky as a three and two of their biggest rivals can go on any side of the bracket, of course they're gonna put them over there with Kentucky, right. Yeah, and there's the whole region thing that I guess comes into play as well. But come on, you know, if Losvill's a six seed and Arkansas's an eleven, and they have the opportunity to put them with Kentucky, they're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: They just are. Well, look, Arkansas, big win versus Missouri over the weekend, I mean that that likely gets them in the tournament. Maybe they need to get one or two more wins before this season is over and then Kentucky. I mean, shan, what is it four more games left in this season before the SEC tournaments?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and it's almost over, and you've got some must win games. I guess not must win, but I mean teams like LSU, you expect. Here's the thing, like, you know, just go to and two. That's what I think.
Speaker 1: You know, don't go one and three, Just go to and two. Take care of Oklahoma. You know they've been slipping, but they're you know, they.
Speaker 2: They're on the bubble. Yes, this would be like a win, and you're in the tournament running for them.
Speaker 1: Right, So I mean, don't don't just write that off as an automatic win. But you got LSU, you got Oklahoma on the road. You feel, I guess you know pretty good about those two games. The other two are gonna be tough with Missouri and Auburn coming up, but you know, at least Auburn is at home. So I mean, if you're, you know, trying to see a little bit of optimism, you've got that going for you. Main thing is we gotta get Robinson Butler back, and I don't know if they're going to be back this week or if we get one of them back, but we just need this team to be a little more healthy than what they are because right now that you know, you just can't go into March having Butler and Robinson out. You just can't because if they do, they're they're not going far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Butler's going to be back sooner rather than later, Shannon, But I'm not sure about Robinson the scoop or scuttle butt. This scuttle butt okay, but my scuttle butt is for like this week, I think he comes back, okay, But Robinson, man, like, do you want, like you want him to warm up a little bit before he plays an NCAA tournament game?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Would you would like to see him play in the SEC tournament before he does the NCAA. Right of course, yeah, simply if he can, just because you don't want to, you know, throw him in there and being rusty.
Speaker 1: But the other question comes down to, like, if we're being like serious about him having to play left handed, is Robinson left hand? Is a left handed Robinson better off than say, you know, Travis Perry getting those minutes instead? Sure, or you know, does anybody off the bench for that matter.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would tend to say, you know, if he's injured and he's gotta shoot with his off hand, I mean, you can still play defense for you, right, but.
Speaker 2: How do'll that be hard pressed to think that would be better than what maybe a guy on the bench could bring. But I don't know. I mean, these guys are so fatigued. It seems like they can't finish games as of this moment. So is that more indicative of the other teams that they're playing or themselves. You know, it's hard to tell right now, but when you see nine scholarship guards, it's fair to assume that you know, late game situations without your point guards can be the toughest times for them.
Speaker 1: All right, phone lines are open eight five to nine and two eight ozho twenty two eighty seven. I'm gonna go find some headphones that actually work. We're going to take a break and we'll be right back. It is the KSR pre Show. Welcome back. It is the KSR pre Show. Ah, that's much better. I can actually hear now.
Speaker 2: Got some working headphones over there.
Speaker 1: At eight five to nine two eight h twenty two eighty seven. Yeah, these are the Sinheisers, which I'm about to buy a brand new wireless microphone. There's like a thousand bucks and it's a Sindheiser, and I'm going I hope they've worked better than these headphones do, because these are the ones that always cut out the same ones we've.
Speaker 2: Had for years. That's the type of purchases you have to start making once you start releasing original music. Ooh, that's right, that'sday doing here soon. What's the release date on this?
Speaker 1: So this Friday? And it's actually scheduled to drop at nine am, right before this show starts Friday.
Speaker 2: So where are we going to be on Friday. We're gonna be at the Lexington Sporting Club's new stadium, Shannon, so maybe we'll have a chance to Could we have Rick back in studio play a little Alice Blue Gun coming back from one of the breaks. I think I think we could do that premiere or something like that.
Speaker 1: I think we could do that. It's a it's almost a five minute song, so I don't think we're gonna have to play the full thing. Maybe just you know, a little clip of it. But that's exciting. We just announced that yesterday on social media, our very first single. It's not a full album because I don't think there's any point in putting out full albums anymore.
Speaker 4: Billy.
Speaker 1: I just don't think people buy albums unless your name is Taylor Swift. You know, people buy her stuff. So we just We recorded a song actually last year and it's it's been basically our Chinese democracy, if that makes any sense to Guns and Roses fans. Axel Rose had this album that he was gonna put out for like ten years, and it took that long for him to finally release it. This is one that's been in the works for a long time, but finally we're gonna rip the band aid off. And the cool thing about it is it's, you know, it's independently released, so it's not going through a record label or anything like that. But it's gonna be a legit rollout like. It's gonna be on iTunes, it's gonna be on Spotify, it's gonna be like basically like a YouTube music anywhere that you can stream music. The first song, Helios is the name of it, and it's gonna be out this Friday, So I hope that people will listen to it. I hope you dig it, and you know, I'm not gonna ask anybody to buy it, but if you want it to, you would be able to do that.
Speaker 2: That would be an option. Nobody buys the city these days, No nobody does. But I'm excited for you. Shanny congratulations. You know, we were forced to play that Beatles song on the air, so maybe, right, maybe we'll get away with playing a little bit of your song. Yeah, is it PG any Oh? Yeah, no, No, it's clean, it's clean.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm like friendly Alice, I'm like the Will Smith of rock artist, you know, like I don't have to cuss. I don't have to cuss my my music. But anyway, looking forward to that coming out on Friday. Uh, you know, I thought it was great seeing Dick Vatel call the game. I think it was How was he?
Speaker 2: You know, I only heard the radio call.
Speaker 3: Was he?
Speaker 1: You know, like it's obvious that his voice is still struggling, But I mean, come on, man, the guy's been through so much. I mean, the guy's been through what two or three rounds of four different cancer okay, four different cancers. He's been through chemo, He's been through a lot. So I'm just happy that the guy is able to get out there and do what he loves. He doesn't have to do it at this point in his life. He's not doing it for the money. He's doing it for the love of the game itself. And I thought he was great. Now Here's the thing, though, You go on the internet and you find the absolute most miserable people in the world, the worst of humanity.
Speaker 2: Billy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I looked at a post. I'm gonna read you like the first three comments that I saw word for word here. One person says, gotta say after tonight really didn't miss him as much as I thought. Another person says, he hogs a commentary and his voice got progressively worse as the game went on. Another person says, good he retired or good he recovered, but time to retire. Couldn't stand most of what he said. He's never been a Kentucky fan, just my opinion. Here's the thing. He's not a Kentucky announcer. Okay. First of all, people think that he's supposed to, like, you know, be pro one team or the other.
Speaker 2: And I know, like he calls a lot of Duke games and everything.
Speaker 1: But my god, like, how can you be negative about Dick Vitel after what you just said he went through four rounds of battling different types of cancer, all the chemo and stuff that he's had to go through. I thought it was great to hear Dick va Tel. I'm not gonna be one of these people that's gonna complain about what he said or how he sounded.
Speaker 2: Give the guy a break. What is he eighty years old? He's yeah, he's a kind man. I mean, of course his voice is gonna give out at the end. I mean he's had vocal cord cancer. I mean, this guy, you know, I think there's a testament to you don't know what you got till it's gone. And we hadn't had Dicky v for a while, and we've watched him really struggle with his health issues. So it was great to see him back healthy again. It was great to get him back in the booth, regardless of how his voice is sounding. But Shannon, just, you know, just temper your expectations a little bit. You know, do not get on social media after Kentucky basketball loss either. I mean, these these fans, I mean, I guess you have a right to react like that, but you'd think the sky is falling after every single loss, folks. And I mean you there can be a middle, you know what I mean, There can be a time where there are no moral victories at Kentucky. But also I think there needs to be a realization that It's not the end of the world with every loss. I mean, this is a historically good sec Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you're still in You're still in three set right now too, which is you know with all.
Speaker 2: The that's the problem with the Internet. Everybody can have an opinion. Yeah, Shannon amplified the voice of the stupid. Anyway, it was great.
Speaker 1: And there's a great picture of Dick Vtel and Mark Pope too at the game on Saturday. That's hey, you know who's scoring big on the NBA season this year? Who's that you are? With all the new you you specifically and everybody else listening right now, with all the new ways to get in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From prop bets, live betting, same game parlay as. It's all there for you at Draft Kings Sportsbook. If you're a new customer, sign up with promo code KSR bet five get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets only on Draft Kings Again, that's promo code KSR on Draft Kings. The crown as yours if you have a gambling problem called waiting one hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see dk NG dot co slash audio. We've got a break coming up, so I will hold on to the calls and we'll get to those first coming up after the break. Before we do Billy, how about Kentucky baseball? They're off to a four and one start. And how how about Carson Hanson. This guy transferred in from I think it was Milwaukee. He's seen two pitches so far or no, three pitches so far and has hit two of those pitches out of the park.
Speaker 2: Can you have a better start than that to your eighth year career? He had a grand Slam on Saturday. He came in on Sunday, was three for four from the plate. But you're right, three pitches, two home runs to start his Kentucky career, including a grand slam. That's a guy to watch man. Could be your cleanup hitter for the year.
Speaker 1: Eight, five, nine, two, twenty two eighty seven. We're going to the phones. Coming up next here on the Ksrprecio, Tom Petty was right. You know, the waiting is the hardest part in anything in life, when you're waiting for your two star guards to come back, three star guards to come back, or whatever it might be, Billy, before we go back to the phones, here eight, five, nine, two oh twenty two eighty seven, I want you to get out a pen and paper.
Speaker 2: Got it right here?
Speaker 1: You got it right there? Okay, yeah, yeah, no, no, Look as we go throughout the week. Okay, you got five days. I want you to write down five things that you did that were productive at work this week. Okay, five things. You think you can get to five?
Speaker 2: You want me to email it to you the week's over, Yeah, and we'll report back on it next week, a week from today. Okay, Well, you know, luckily I got some games this week to get to, so maybe i'll get to five things. You may get to those five before the day's over. I've already gotten to them.
Speaker 1: Were you talking about I do five productive things before KSR even starts? Of course we're talking about we're talking about the Elon thing for anybody.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just saying spicy, got a little spicy on the Post Game show last night, Matt telling the fans that the Kentucky didn't lose because of the refs, well, the Elon's new policy from you know, unsecure email servers allegedly.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe he's got a point. I mean, maybe Kentucky basketball didn't do five productive things in the game. If they'd have done five productive things they could have written down, maybe.
Speaker 2: They win the game.
Speaker 1: The saying let's go to the phones, let's talk to Liam's Liam.
Speaker 2: Hey, Liam, Hey, I got a question.
Speaker 6: Do you think the Internet overall is a net or negative? I think it's a positive, but social media net or negative?
Speaker 5: As society.
Speaker 2: Yeah, overall, I think I think it's a negative. I mean humanity.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's good because, like you know, we have the ability to reach out to friends who you know, live far away, and there's you know, there's different positive things that you can use social media for. But I think just the overall negativity kind of just overrides the positivity that exists.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think overall the internet's a plus, the sharing Internet, yes, but social media, social media, social media is a net negative. I think there's gonna a whole generation of children that have been raised on the Internet, and you know, we've seen what cyber bullying and just mental health issues skyrocket, and I think a lot of that has to do with the comparison the thief of Joy Shane. We've heard coaches say in the past, you just compare your life compared to you know, somebody else's Instagram or Facebook.
Speaker 1: Pay If you ever want to find experts on any topic or the most miserable people on earth, just go to the comment section of just about any post, because somehow you can just post the sky is blue, and somehow there would be people in the comment section that can take that and turn it into something negative or political.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter what it does, you post.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Liam, Yeah, I think like the Internet. I it's done so much good. I think it's like the turn of the century, maybe twenty ten to twenty fifteen is when things started to like really change with it. Because I would say overall it was for sure a positive, but I don't know, And I think social media is what I view the Internet as. But you think of like old people, no offense, old people out there, but like you go on your computer and they look a couple of things up. My grandpa didn't use the scroll, but now he's scrolling all the time, so I think like the real think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like James, how.
Speaker 3: Do you well?
Speaker 1: Make sure you show grandpa how to go to Spotify and iTunes so we can download my song this Friday?
Speaker 6: Okay, I will also Jehan Musk is a loser for wearing sunglasses and.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the collium. Wearing sunglasses inside, Billy, I've done that before, but it's because I'm up on stage and I got bright lights in my face.
Speaker 2: So I've done that before. I've done it because my future is so bright, Shannon.
Speaker 1: I had, Yeah, do you normally though rock sunglasses indoors?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Because I wear glasses, so I you know, besides the lenses I got from shady rays that allow me to see with sunglasses on, I don't normally Do you know? Our attention span has been shot after the Internet and social media has made ten second videos our norm of digesting news. But you know, there are good things like I remember helping Nick, a listener to our show when his house burned down. I mean we were able to set up a GoFundMe and use social media to help with that. So there are many positive.
Speaker 1: Same thing with the Eastern Kentucky flood victims too, which, by the way, you know, let's not forget about those people. I feel like it's in the twenty four hour news cycle that we have, you know, that comes up and then we think about it for a day, and then we move on to the next day, and those people are often forgotten about.
Speaker 2: So, uh, you know.
Speaker 1: That that go funbie is still up. I think it is that you can well, I know, you can just google it if you want to, but make sure you find the athletics forward slash. Don't get it wrong. I don't want to give out the wrong thing, So let's not say it until we in conjunction with Andy.
Speaker 2: Butsheer so that money is going to those people that need it the most. So if you have not donated, you should. Let's go to Randy. Hey, Randy, Hey, guys.
Speaker 3: How's it going? Man?
Speaker 2: All right, what's up?
Speaker 3: I'm not going to complain about officiate officiating per se. But there was one call in that game, and it may be right before Pope went off. Amari Williams got hit in the face and I'm thinking there while I'm watching it, that's flagrant, and then all three announcers I'll say, oh, they're going to upgrade that to flagrant one, and then they call it a one in one. So instead of getting too the ball, which we should have, and we were making a run at the time, we were down five or six, five or six, it goes to a one and one, Amari misses the front end of the one and one, and then next thing you know, it's twelve points.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean there's no doubt that, you know, a bad call, Billy can change momentum in a game. It can change the flow of a game, you know. I think in the second half it got to the point to where every trip down the floor there was a whistle blown, and you get into that and it's it's not only hard to watch, I think it just completely disrupts the flow of the game, which can throw your team off if you're on a run.
Speaker 2: And that's been a trend in Alabama games recently. I think it was Alabama Missouri. They have what seventy nine eighty free throw shot in that game. So maybe it's more difficult to officiate a fast tempo team like Alabama. But there were some calls that I agree with you, caller. There were just no excuse for the one that frustrated me. Was the no call on Perry and it felt like the next time down the floor on Seers, the same exact thing happened, except he got the call.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the call, Randy, We appreciate it. A five nine to two eight h twenty two eighty seven. The UK women's team Billy lost yesterday to LSU sixty five fifty eight on Senior Day. The Cats were up sixteen at one point, but that third quarter, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: They just six point scored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got out score twenty three to six in the third quarter, but tough loss for the Cats. Did you like what Kim mulk was wearing? I know everybody wants to talk about what she's wearing.
Speaker 2: I thought it was pretty tame for normal Kim Mulky. I enjoyed and I posted this video this morning. The deadpan to her face when Kentucky made that law or that two pointer. Yeah, and then she is just like, I don't know, it looks like she'd rather be anywhere else besides exactly there. But you know what, LSU comes back, They win the game, another game versus a national title contender, and and look anyway you cut it, that's a disappointing loss, especially when you had a lead like that. I did get to listen to Kenny Brooks and Georgia Amore in the post game with Darren afterwards, and and proud of this team's growth. Man, they have come a long way since the beginning of the year. That it's a group that really seems to like each other. And and you know, we've seen them play well enough at times to make you think they could go on a little bit of a run this year. So some encouraging things, but ultimately, you know LSU is a very talented team. But you know, they did it a senior night and it's not the last regular season game of the year. Shannon, that's kind of unique as well, don't you think it is? It is just rather do that on a weekend instead of like a Thursday. She was wearing red leather? What's wrong with red leather?
Speaker 1: Like, do you have anything that's red leather? Do you have some red leather pants?
Speaker 2: I think I have a leather jacket, but.
Speaker 1: Is it red? Though? Red leather to me reminds me of one of those just like those. Have you seen like a red leather couch? You'd see it like some swinkie club or something like. She pulled that leather off and made a shirt out of it.
Speaker 2: Now, Al Lugwan lead singer, would rock a little red leather, wouldn't he.
Speaker 1: I don't have any red leather in the closet, but if you gave me a red leather jacket, I might put it on. I might try it. I'm not against it. I'm just saying she looked good. I don't think I could pull it off like like she do.
Speaker 2: Is it Michael Jackson that wore the red leather? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, it was thriller. Right, that's right. So you remember some things from the eighties, I don't guess you remember them. You know of them? You know they? I mean, who doesn't know about that music video?
Speaker 1: Come on, and you realize that kay Wood Lefford actually did call games during the three point era?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Let's go to.
Speaker 5: Thank you gentlemen. Two quick comments. First on Maury Williams. I really fell for a young man. I know he's from England, but when they started doing that USA chant, that's okay, Alabama fans, we we've got some creative fans. We will have a comeback for for y'all one day. Don't worry about that. That was pretty low, but that's that's that's how it goes. And then on Brandon Garrison, he's got five fouls, y'all. He's got to start using five fouls and start being our enforcer. Now he's got a temper. When you're an enforcer, you've got to know how far you can take it. I'm not sure Brandon can handle it, but he's the closest thing on our team to be an enforcer. And my gosh, play even no more than ten minutes a game. If you're playing any longer than that, it's not good. In ten minutes, have five fouls, four rebound, three block shots, and I think he'd be a tremendous asset for a big Blue Thanks a lot, y'all, thanks to the call.
Speaker 2: Joe, What do you think you think we need?
Speaker 1: You need an enforcer out there to go out there and just start punching people in the face, like USA versus Canada and hockey.
Speaker 2: I've thought about this for years, like just take a walk on on the end of the bench and just go, I don't know, be that annoying gnat and go pick up five fouls or just go pick up one big one. I mean, if you're playing dirty, I could see definitely see that happen in football, you know what I mean, Like quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Our wat guns aren't going to beat up anybody. That's the you're gonna put out there. You're putting Darren Horn out there.
Speaker 2: Well at this point, Brandon Garrison, I mean, you don't need him for Darren Horny. So I want to Maori willing to play that money more minutes than you know. Ultimately, Garrison only needs to be out there for five or ten, So go out there and go foul out. So I mean, ultimately I think the theory works. But will that happen? You know, I'm not sure, but you know Pope will look at the analytics. Right It does seem like he's getting a little frustrated at times with these officials, Shannon, and rightly so after some of.
Speaker 1: Those last comes Darby Shire, you think he's gonna beat anybody up?
Speaker 2: No, No, not really.
Speaker 1: Walker Horn, by the way, I called him Darren Horne, Darren Horn's son, Walker Horn.
Speaker 2: I know who he is.
Speaker 1: This segment sponsor by our friends at right Way Auto Glass, go there, if you have a crack in your windshield, Billy, I've been telling you this and you don't listen to me. I don't know why you don't go get that.
Speaker 2: It's still there. It's still there. Well, you know what.
Speaker 1: It's to the point to where now I might just call right Way Autoglass for you.
Speaker 2: You may have to do it for this. It's a little friendly, uh, justure for you. Think they'd come out of one of these remotes and help me out.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent they will do that. Let me tell you. Next time you have a crack in your windshield, which you already do, you call it right Way Autoglass directly. They'll take care of it for you, from the insurance claims process to actually coming to you to do the repair. You don't have to take it to them. They'll come to you. They'll do the same day that you call them. Hey, they'll come out there and fix it for you. It's right Way autoglass dot com, ri t e wayautoglass dot Com. You can also give them a call at eight five nine five two three ten ninety eight at.
Speaker 2: Right Way Autoglass.
Speaker 1: They're locally owned to operate it and they combine generational skill with cutting edge technology to repair your broken glass the right way. Their members are experience licensed and insured Right way autoglass dot com. Kevin, right back, We'll take more of your phone calls, and I don't know, we'll talk about some other non UK topics as well.
Speaker 2: Here on the ksrpre Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome Back. It is the ksrpre Show. Shan them the Dude Billy Reledge eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty. Gus was telling me that they said and they sat in Bobby Knight's original chair that he threw yesterday at Indiana. I didn't see that. I did not see that, did you?
Speaker 2: I did see that. I love how we continue to celebrate Bobby Knight, one of the worst human beings in sports. But you know what, to each their own. I guess that's Indiana's legend. They're one legend to have. One person on the text line said we're missing Lance to go out there and be an enforcer. Shannon, I agree, yeah, on the team, yeah, yeah, of course we're joking when we say we need somebody go out there and start a fight. I'm not saying that, but.
Speaker 1: Somebody that just go out there and you know, and I guess enforce their their will right, just to show that, like, yeah, that pushes.
Speaker 2: Around on chest a little bit, that's right.
Speaker 5: She.
Speaker 2: I'd love a little lancewear attitude on this team. Also, people sending me more red leather outfits. Ryan Lemon walked in. Maybe another person that would wear red leather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see Ryan Roberts.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's another one music video Britney spears.
Speaker 1: Yeah a five nine two eighty seven. Free Bird is up next? What's up? Free Bird?
Speaker 4: Tell that's what's going on this morning?
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm on your side. I'm fifty five and kudo's to Tiki by tail Man. He there's not too many announcers that you can tell enjoy what they do, and man, he is one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He can't put a smile on brakes and I'm gonna make a lot of people mad. But I know there's some don't like he, but dude, hell can you not like he brings to Az He brings a personality.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm glad he's held appealed up to the then and uh one other thing to start Billy's list off of the five things, number one should be called right way. All of glass.
Speaker 1: There you go say, get that wind showed repaired, Billy, That'll be your first thing that you did that was productive this week.
Speaker 2: I gotta turn this list in so I it is. It does have to be a real one. So yeah, I think that's a good one to first start that free ward.
Speaker 4: It was. And uh, you said, as far as people goes, the internet does suck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have a nice Thanks for the call. I gotta say the internet sucks in general. I mean the Internet is an amazing thing. But I'm just talking about social media in general. If you're saying is it more of a positive or a negative? I mean, just jump on Facebook. Look look at the comments of anything. Look, don't go to Twitter too. If you can't handle Facebook and you can't handle Instagram, don't go to Twitter. Like, out of those three, Billy, which one do you think is the nicest? We know that Twitter is the worst. I'd say Facebook is probably just the nicest. Like as far as like if you go to the comments section, I'm as cesspool. Yeah, so I put Facebook is like number two. Maybe Instagram. I don't know, Like, are there a whole lot of negative comments on Instagram? I don't feel like I see it.
Speaker 2: Yety yeah, probably some superficial you know, this is my fake life Instagram. Yeah, you know. Facebook is just I feel like it's just very political and much older audience than maybe the other two social media sites.
Speaker 1: But you would agree that Twitter is worse, right, Twitter is worse than like Twitter is the worst. Twitters were the most miserable people on Earth go to social media.
Speaker 2: But as the Internet as a whole has allowed us to be able to get anything delivered to our door without getting out of our pajamas, I can never speak to anybody outside of my house, and I could probably get mostly everything done. So you think that's a good thing, not just social media that there's negatives for.
Speaker 1: To be honest, then you're putting all the little small businesses out of out of business because you're going to eat You're going to uh what's his name bezos website instead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. You should be going out and interacting with people in your community and visiting, you know, restaurants, but instead, you know, I just ordered taco bell again.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Wayne. What's up, Wayne?
Speaker 7: Hey man? What I'm calling about is, you know, just to comment that Rex Chapman mate one They were talking him about somebody hitting.
Speaker 5: The three on him.
Speaker 7: They said, well, Rex, what would you do if someone hit a three on you? He said, I'll tell you what he said. The next time they shot a three, he said, I'd go through them. And he said they'd think a little bit about it before they shot another one. Now I realized, we get flagrant calls called now, but you don't see that. You don't see the Rex Chapmans that I mean.
Speaker 3: And he was.
Speaker 7: Literally saying, Hey, some guy pups of three on me. Next time he shoots one, I'm going through his ass.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the game has changed so much. I mean, go back and watch Bill Lambert and those guys with the pistons back in the day. I mean, oh man, it was. It was one step away from rugby out there. So you're right, I mean, the game has just changed. And you know that's not the way this Kentucky team plays. They are not physical at all. And against Alabama that's the type of game you had to be physical and you had to go to the line, and they just don't play that way.
Speaker 7: But you talked about, you know, putting the one guy in for the fouls, Well, those was the type of fouls. I mean, I'd like to see those one of those. So what if they call a flagrant once, Well, maybe steers my thing next time before he shoots his three.
Speaker 8: Well, that guy's gonna knock me through tomorrow if I if I shoot, you know, it's gonna put something in your mind, you know, I mean, I don't know, it's just I just remember Rick Chapman.
Speaker 7: Saying that, and I mean I laughed. I was like, and I can see him doing that, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, yeah, yeah, Well, the game has definitely changed over the years.
Speaker 2: We appreciate the call. Thank you, Wayne, thank you. Yeah, there's no doubt.
Speaker 1: I mean now though you know, there's so many rules in like, so many different ways you can get a flagrant one or a flagrant two. I think that's just because of that. The game has changed, has changed the way that players have, you know, had to play defense.
Speaker 2: A game has changed. And right now, you can't afford too many fouls with what Kentucky's got on the floor, right They're just there so many just because with their death right now. But just throw Brandon Garrison out there kind of like Joe said, and go get your five fouls and ten minutes, and that's what we need. He'd a little bit of added before.
Speaker 1: We get out of here, and I tell you about DraftKings. Did of course, you know that spring training has started in baseball, right, that's right. Did you see that Major League Baseball is using an automatic ball and strike challenge rule, which means they're still calling balls and strikes. But let's say, Billy, you're up there and you get a call that's a strike and you think it's a ball. You can actually challenge and actually argue balls and strikes. You know, for the longest time the rule has been you can't argue balls and strikes, but now you'll be able to in spring training at least get up to two challenges on balls and strikes.
Speaker 2: Do you like this rule? I do, because I don't like automatic balls and strikes in baseball. I think a lot about baseball is the little things, and that even includes the catcher trying to fool the umpire with a pitch, like with framing, right, So you know, unfortunately this is coming, but I already saw an instance where a batter challenge to pitch and then it got changed to the different calls, So get ready for more of it. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Draft Kings sportsbook promo code KSR bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets. If you have a gambling problem calling eight hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligiblity restrictions apply new customers only. See terms of DKNJ dot Co slash Audio ks RS up. Next for Billy right edgement Shannon the Dude, We'll talk to you tomorrow. See it