Speaker 1: It's episode two, Episode two right here in Indy, Live from.
Speaker 2: The Bracket.
Speaker 3: Games from coast to coast, all the crazy twists and turns and unforgettable stories capture right behind us.
Speaker 1: And we have a super super cool guest today. She was my teammate from last year, one of my best girls, Lexi houl.
Speaker 2: It was a very unique final four.
Speaker 3: That is such wild time.
Speaker 2: Rufe blew Off, you did cry.
Speaker 3: Let's head up to the studio and check it out. How's my hair look great?
Speaker 2: Come on, let's go.
Speaker 3: Our favorite game day stories. They don't always happen on the court. Sometimes they happen in the hotel lobby or over a pregame meal. And this March Madness, we have teamed up with Marriott Bomboy to share some of those memorable moments with you in a limited podcast series, Live from the Bracket. We're talking all things college hoops, travel and fandom with special guests and unforgettable experiences you can be a part of. Today, we are here at the Weston Hotel in Indianapolis. Western hotels and resorts are designed with your well being in mind. With more than two hundred destinations around the world, Weston makes it possible to keep up with your wellness routine while traveling. With signature amenities and offerings that help you move well, eat well, and sleep well. Western hotels make travel an opportunity to enhance your well being, and with their iconic next generation Heavenly bed, you can look forward to rest. Look at us prime examples How'd you sleep so good? Has a good night sleep helped you maintain your game day routine while on the road Weston part of myriat Bonvoy were game day checks in. I'll start this off. I love this look at Lexi and ized chemistry right off the jump.
Speaker 2: Unplanned, unplanned, pure.
Speaker 3: Just a nice smoke brown and denim.
Speaker 2: Does that make his best friends?
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys sit out?
Speaker 2: I know. But the bad thing is I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: When I walked down my closet, I had that same exact thing on today.
Speaker 2: I could have been a triplet. It's tragic. You're a twin. So now, WHOA she's gonna be jealous?
Speaker 3: She is?
Speaker 2: She is?
Speaker 3: She a hoop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we played together at Stanford. WHOA yeah, But now she just is pick up at the y. She's come to games and people go up to her during the game and ask like, why.
Speaker 3: Aren't you on the oh way? Yeah, some of most people with twins either like not like sheer clear of each other, but like very much separate.
Speaker 2: I didn't same friends, same teams, all of it. All right.
Speaker 1: I want to get in because I'm sure everyone knows, but if you don't, our guest today is a professional basketball player in the WNBA. You know her as a guard from the Indiana Fever, where she's built a reputation as one of the league's toughest defenders, which is so on Cue, I've had to play against it, and then also being on the team now we're like, LEXI, you take it. Before turning pro, she started at Stanford University woop poop, helping lead the Cardinals to a national championship in twenty twenty one with her twin Lacy, and finishing her career as one of the most decorated players in program history, which that if you guys know anything about Stanford basketball, that.
Speaker 2: Is a huge accomplishment.
Speaker 1: Along the way, she earned multiple All Pack twelve honors and became known for her versatility in leadership high basketball IQ and I will say I feel like, were you on like any of the academic yeah, yeah, this isn't on there, but just knowing you, I feel like you should most of them. Queen, Well, we're going to get into it, but she's like starting your own business and everything.
Speaker 2: But everyone, please welcome Lexi Hall. This is good.
Speaker 1: This is so I know this has been a long time like coming, like we've been like we need les on here so bad, and so it like finally works out.
Speaker 2: March Madness.
Speaker 3: I've been pitching it for weeks and it's here you get figured out.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I feel like our first episode, you're like, hey, can we get Lexi.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, she's getting married in November.
Speaker 1: Chill.
Speaker 3: No, I clocked that.
Speaker 1: I clocked it.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna tell her how to say? Cardinal?
Speaker 2: I was gonna I was gonna interrupt you, but I didn't really want to. It's Cardinal, there's no try.
Speaker 3: Did you play Montana State in the first round ever? I feel like we did and someone on your team dunked that game? Yes? Well, goodness, okay, I watched. I obviously watched that game, and so I've I watched one of your college games because I'm running.
Speaker 2: I'm on the court when that happened. Craziest moment. Are you watching her Lacy because you didn't know they were twins?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 3: Good call, Thanks, wouldn't even thought of it. His reality is actually so Montana state, obviously, soph some geography for you, close to the state of Washington where lefs he's from. Thanks, in Spokane. So a lot of the girls I went to college with are all Spokane girls. Love that Gonzaga Prep. And is there one called Mead?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, yeah, Wow, it's like you're Spokane native.
Speaker 3: I've done Dick's driving for burgers.
Speaker 2: Before a Downtown Classic because I.
Speaker 3: Went to Lindsay Stockton's wedding in Spokane.
Speaker 2: Wow. Do you know who friends? How? She's older? Okay, gotcha. Laura's closer to.
Speaker 3: My John Sawton's daughters are all played in Spokane too. It's like such a basketball city it is.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard her hoop Fest?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Three around three outside.
Speaker 2: The biggest threeount three tournament in the world. Did you ever play in it? Yeah, up until like seventh grade. But it's on like the concrete, so it's kind of dangerous, but it was so fun growing up.
Speaker 3: Did you ever consider Gonzaga or was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was that was a hard now because I grew up going to their camps, so obviously going up, grew up going to games and stuff and love their coaching staff. So it's hard, but it was too close to home for me. Was it always West Coast schools? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was it anywhere? Like, did you visit anywhere else beside Stanford? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Visited like a lot of the park schools, but stan and Stanford offered.
Speaker 1: It was like for both my sister and I, Yeah, because it is March madness. You guys clearly won a national championship, but like, why why Stanford.
Speaker 2: School was always number one? Okay, Like my parents instilled on that into us really young. But what did you major in? Management science and engineering? Okay? When I visited the school, the campus is like the beautiful, most beautiful place on earth, and I think we took that for granted during our time there. Every time I go back and like, this is so beautiful and the weather's always good. And then the coaching staff like Tara Vanderveer, So there's so many things that worked. Do you know that?
Speaker 1: Actually when we I think made it Sweet sixteen, almost the lete eight, we actually played in Stanford, so we were supposed to play you guys, but we freaking lost.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but that would have been so fun.
Speaker 1: I think you as my senior year, so you would have been a freshman. Yeah, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: The women's tournament is a home it's home games right for a round or two, and then it gets into I.
Speaker 2: Think the first two, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then you get into like cities or you travel regionals.
Speaker 2: It's such an advantage, especially for girls. I feel like having a home.
Speaker 3: Dame is huge. You feel like homefield advantage with women's basketball is better.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's I feel like that's with any sport though, if you really think about it, like.
Speaker 2: If you have a great crowd, which if you're good, you have a great crowding. You have a good crowd, so it just makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Think like girls first guys basketball, the sixteen versus one seed is like a big difference. So I also don't know if like they could have played anywhere, and likely the one seed is going to win. Way when you think back to like your college days, did you guys charter some games after COVID we chartered all the time, which like it should have been that way.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'm surprised that you guys, didn't. I feel like we chartered since my freshman year to senior year. We would fly commercial probably half the time, huh.
Speaker 3: And just walking around the airport, just tall and in our.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Well when you think about like your college days, I know, like when I'm with my teammates and you just had kind of a union. You were just like just back after season, right, and like you reminisce on all the good times. What are what do you miss the most about? Like the traveling and the nights in the hotel? Like what comes to mind?
Speaker 2: I feel like you are with each other twenty four to seven, like when you get to the WNBA. Like people kind of do their own thing. People have lives and families and kids and like all the things. But when you're in college, that's all you have. And so it's so fun to go get every meal together and like you can go and you're sitting in a room and you're working on homework together, because that's something else you have to focus on. Maybe that's just study.
Speaker 1: You guys to school, But did you guys have like mandatory study halls.
Speaker 3: And stuff like that on the road If you had good enough grades, you could get out of it by sophomore year. But you're in it as a freshman, and then you had.
Speaker 1: To I think on the on the road, we everyone had to be there.
Speaker 2: I didn't matter your grades. We did not have people just oh you just did it. Oh that's nice.
Speaker 3: Also, a football team is so much bigger that you can never like study together.
Speaker 2: All right? Were you friends with everyone on your team if it's that big?
Speaker 3: This is a really interesting question. I mean, yeah, but you certainly have pockets of people that you're closer with. You'll always be closest to your position group because that's who you have film and like every meeting ever with originally the in state kids versus out of state kids kind of all stuck together because NZ kids know each other, and then everyone who's new.
Speaker 1: Kind of really see, I feel like we intermingled so well because.
Speaker 2: There's only fifteen of you men, like everyone was clear. True.
Speaker 3: Yeah, football is weird though, because you like, you show up with twenty kids in a class like for fall camp, and you can't be best friend with everybody.
Speaker 2: Would you like that? I don't know. I mean it's so different. I feel like you would just find your best friends. You'd find your like group of fifteen or whatever.
Speaker 1: But like think about how close I get it size, but like how close knit we are with it don't matter who's on the court, Like you're you have a chemistry, you have a.
Speaker 3: You guys had roommates in college obviously right when you traveled not anymore.
Speaker 2: D Actually fun fact, have you guys ever roomed together? No? No on the road ing on the road.
Speaker 3: Yet but no, me looks any other queen.
Speaker 2: We're depending on each other.
Speaker 1: My first three four years in the league, we actually had a share.
Speaker 2: That's so which is weird because.
Speaker 1: People had significant others, people had kids.
Speaker 3: That is so interesting.
Speaker 2: What's crazier is that that was only like a few years ago.
Speaker 3: So you drafted Tanana, so you've only played in the WNBA here.
Speaker 2: He's a loyalist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, loyalist, Yeah, loyalist.
Speaker 2: People think I'm from the Midwest now and I'm like no.
Speaker 1: But you see us coast you give just like the friendly, the lake, the sun, just like who you are is to the corp. We have such a special guest and a lot of people we don't get national championships on here are national champions Take us through the mindset of going to like the final four, traveling fans, maybe the pressure a little bit, and then like just making it all the way.
Speaker 3: Which city was your final four end?
Speaker 2: San Antonio? Okay, but it was a very unique final four because we were in San Antonio. It was COVID year, so we were in San Antonio for like thirty days straight, thirty days in a hotel. We couldn't see anyone. They had like a path outside that you could go on a walk, but you couldn't go. You couldn't. Yeah, we were in a bubble, were getting tested two times a day. Still, it was a very unique experience. But still I think that honestly made us winning like that much more amazing because I remember after we won, we finally got to go into this huge conference room and our family's there for the first time in like eight months because we couldn't be around them. Could they be in the arena when you played? Yes, only in only in San Antonio and we so there was like cutouts. I had Libby a cut Yeah, it was really cute, but there was like hardly anybody there and they had to sit four seats apart.
Speaker 3: That is such wild times.
Speaker 2: But still still go to National championship. Can't take that. No, no, no, no, But the basketball part is still the same obviously.
Speaker 3: Was it your senior year?
Speaker 2: Junior year? Senior year we made it to the Final four in Minneapolis, which finally got a play in front of people crowd against Yukon.
Speaker 3: Did you beat Yukon your junior year to when or did someone else?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think we played Yukon that year. We played Arizona in the championship. It was like our fourth time playing now, but the but that was the South Carolina Yes, that was in the final four. Yeah, yeah, av She's we still talk about that, really, you guys really so a b a Lee Boston Cheese our teammate. Yeah, but I didn't know you guys still talk about Yeah. I mean it's like they went on to win the next year or whatever, but like it's yeah, you always like and then Airy too, she was in the championship game. So it's just it's funny to reminate.
Speaker 3: Play with was I'm recalling all of this from the first round game that I watched.
Speaker 2: So a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if I remember the NFL player's sister on your team, Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's the best. Yeah. Where's she at now living in l A. Yeah, yeah, thriving. Wait, who's the one who dunk fran fran? Where she she's in the bay still? Oh really run Slamford. No nothing.
Speaker 3: I remember being like, I hope Montaneausy can just like hang for a little bit like all those games every team hangs for like the a little bit in the first half, and then you guys ran away with it. And right when you guys went on to run, she dunked and I was like, you.
Speaker 2: Guys can have it. It was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's sick.
Speaker 1: During that run, How did like hotels make you? Like, how did it feel being that? Did they make it homey?
Speaker 2: Well, in San Antonio, they like decorated all the walls and they made it. They made it cute. But I think they do that any all the time. For the final four, Yeah, it was like it felt still felt special and still with.
Speaker 1: Your sister though you don't even didn't win any national championship. I played with my sister in college and now something that is so cool.
Speaker 2: That's like everyone that went through the COVID year playing basketball, like you're away from your family and so hard and your homesick and having her there. Yes, and we also lived together. Ye, so it felt like a little bit like holm that's good at the same time.
Speaker 3: So I didn't even think both of you got to play with your sisters and college, so Mazoo actually had three sets of sisters on the team my freshman year.
Speaker 1: Like it was insane. But there's nothing like being with your sister.
Speaker 2: Like having a twin and we come into the room and we think the same thing, and like we pick up ques and we have the same reaction. So to be in practice and be able to look at her and be like, oh, this is so annoying her, this is so hard.
Speaker 3: It's nice to have someone, but didn't probably like you only know basketball with your sister. I'm sure you guys played on the same team as your whole life and like learn to love the sport together.
Speaker 2: For sure. Your parents, who we sue.
Speaker 1: My dad played in college. He's also twin dude. They she has some of the best parents. They're fun, they're a good times, they're random.
Speaker 3: Talking to my parents over Christmas, they were I have a little brother. They were going to go for three, but my mom's dad's a twin and my mom My mom had a dream that she had twins. My dad said, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want four, Lindsay, one of us are supposed to. It's like in our it's our generation have twins. You do, how many kids do you?
Speaker 2: One? Three? I want a boy and a girl twin convening.
Speaker 1: Okay, like, oh my gosh, maybe not in college, but like after a long season when you just so like ready for a break kind of where's like your perfect like vacation spot.
Speaker 2: Honestly, anywhere with like a beach or a lake, like being by the water, on the water, in the sun.
Speaker 3: Sophie like, yeah, she acts like she's this big beach girl but doesn't love sand sand I get that. I love a lake. The sun is your part of your.
Speaker 2: Person with a tan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with a little bit of a tan, my confident, like when I'm pale, I'm like walking like this and I'm like, what's that?
Speaker 2: Sorverybody? Okay.
Speaker 3: You know what's actually so funny I don't even think we've talked about on this podcast is when I must think it was you two posted like you guys were like tanning in some city. You guys are playing basketball and Caitlyn com did, like, do you guys even play basketball or like focus on basketball?
Speaker 1: So when you travel to different cities, what is your go to meal?
Speaker 2: Or like what's your favorite thing to go out? And try to like fine honestly like anything like finding like the high rated places that people are talking about in that city. Like I love sushi, so somewhere by the water, I always try to get like sushi or something nice Italian steak, really anything.
Speaker 1: I do not know how your body is like this, but you eat candy and ice cream.
Speaker 2: I have a sweet sweet serel like no, wow, I can't go to bed without dessert.
Speaker 3: So it's that's actually really interesting point some people, And I think it's the way like did you grow up in a in a dessert household? Yes, okay, I think when you're little, if you eat sweets like after dinner until the day you die, you will like crave sugar after dinner because my dad is that way, but my brother and I aren't. Really my dad like can't not have like brownies after dinner, but my brother and I don't. Crapy.
Speaker 2: I got sent to the principal's office in middle school for having candy at breakfast.
Speaker 3: Have you do you ever like go looking for ice cream spots in different cities or anything?
Speaker 2: Yes, and cookies, Like literally I will be like, let's go, we need to get something, or she'll like send in the group text like hey, guinea insomnia, who wants to go? Who wants cookies?
Speaker 3: Stick out?
Speaker 2: There's just too many good places recently at Unrivaled there's we stay in Durrrel and there's this ice cream place.
Speaker 3: And this can be for both of you when you are on the road. What's something about a hotel or wherever you're staying that makes you feel right at home, like you know it's gonna be you know it's gonna be a good night.
Speaker 2: I feel like the bed, Yes, you can tell if it's like a comfy sauce bed and like the comforter, yes, and a good like the pillows, just like that whole just hopping in a bed. And if you're like and blackout, if there's like electric blackout curtains.
Speaker 3: Has your time in Indianapolis like been special? Like having talked to Sophie about the different I guess teams and communities in the w NBA, there's a pretty wide spectrum on like how special some of them are. Everything she tells me about playing here is like incredible. It is great fan support. The community loves you, guys. What's your time in Indie been, Like.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, it's grown so much. Like my rookie year, we probably had a couple thousand people coming to games. We won five games that whole year. I think that's doing it justice too. It might be it might be, yeah, it's like that's hard. I think like once you start winning and once more people start showing up, like your experience changes completely. So the last couple of years have been a full one eighty, Like it's we've changed. People are showing up, people know about the fever, Like if we were to be walking in the airport, like the story I just said, that would never happen today. So it's been awesome.
Speaker 3: You almost share shit more because you've got to be here when things were clearly not as So.
Speaker 2: I think like it gives you perspective on what it could be like. And when you see it and you actually have fun doing it, and you love coming to the gym every day and you love the staff that's there, and you love your teammates, like it's important to be like very grateful and I do feel grateful to be here.
Speaker 1: And I think Lex and I are a lot alike because we are very much do the dirty work and like the energy players. And so when you do have a fan base like the Fever, it just it makes it so much easier because they appreciate and they.
Speaker 2: See it, they see you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like you have Kelsey Mitchell, you have Aleyah, you have Caitlin that of course they're going to go do their thing.
Speaker 2: But when you have players that are going to go take the charge.
Speaker 1: Like you're just so tough and they're just like, people appreciate it. And when you have sold out crowds everywhere you go, it's just appreciated and it feels good. As players you talked about in the intro that like you are inspiring the next generation where you come from around the country with the eyes that you have on you, like, what is something that you cherish or like gives you chills when you think about You're still early in your career, but like your career overall, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's just really cool to see to be at games and obviously like you have the Caitlin's, Amelia's and the Kelsey's and you see their jerseys in the stands. Then when you see like a ten out there, like it's so special because people like are watching and supporting and growing up, I didn't have someone in the w that I saw myself as or like that I wanted to reach for. And I feel like now with the social media and just even like TV and being the accessibility for people like they see us and they can actually like have these dreams so much earlier, and to be one of those people's really special.
Speaker 3: I think it's really cool to watch all types of people ask you for pictures or to say hi. But when you see a little girl come up to you and like you can just clearly see yourself what they see in you, and like how cool that is. That's been a fun part of like getting to be around you more is seeing like little girls look up to you guys. It's so dope.
Speaker 2: It's cool also because it's not just little girls now, it's little boys too, Like it's it's insane.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's what's really cool and unique about the WNBA is that we are so diverse amongst our league that every kid, boy or girl, they can look at the TV and watch someone play and like find themselves in one of the players playing. It's funny because when we watch film together sometimes we can't tell each other apart Oh if someone messes.
Speaker 2: Up, it's like, oh, that was like each other and our hair looks simple. It's hard. So those my shoes are those like se shoes. That was the same way in college it was lazy.
Speaker 3: College basketball has always been bigger than the games themselves. What part of the culture around the sport stands out to you guys the most?
Speaker 1: Something that I love about the culture is like I love the rivalries, Like I love I love when people go back and forth, Like sometimes it can get a little spicy, but like that's what makes college sports so fun to me.
Speaker 2: And I love a die hard fan.
Speaker 3: Like the kids crying on TV ORF.
Speaker 1: It's so cute, or the fans that their team hasn't made it ever and they make it far and they're just like crying because of that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like that is like, well, they fight, they won their their league championship and it's our first time in the NCAA tournament, Like it's so special, and then you get.
Speaker 1: To yeah, it's just like the chills, like I love that stuff. I love that type of sports.
Speaker 3: And my answer would have been small schools in Cinderella's winning some wear dog who went to a smaller school. Yeah, like you always like I love selections.
Speaker 1: Just because you did cry when when the football team won.
Speaker 3: Yeah of course. Yeah. I also all three of us went to one school. You're the weirdest thing now is all these kids when they're twenty seven and at work or a party or whatever and someone says, where do you go to school?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What do they? Quarterback went to five? It was like his fifth.
Speaker 2: Do you know your legions? No, it's sad. Yeah, what would be yours? I feel like I like the storylines of the like the teams that have been together for four years and it's their seniors last chance, a like finally getting a championship for their school. Okay, I have a question for us, and all of us can answer this.
Speaker 1: What would be like your ideal travel day in your ideal city to go play in away game.
Speaker 3: Our biggest rival, University of Montana. Then like Saturdays when you play Arrival for just nothing like it.
Speaker 2: It get because it's like this lead up to.
Speaker 3: This, I'd say in away game against Arrival.
Speaker 2: But like, what was your game day routine? Did you guys like get up? Do you guys have walked through.
Speaker 3: Or like you have walked through the hotel? You do breakfast? Hotel walkthrough?
Speaker 2: Is walks? Football? Interesting in your place? Like what do you do? Okay, only with your like small group.
Speaker 3: Like no, you would do like small position women. Yeah, that's perfect. Night games actually are the weirdest because you just kind of sit in your hotel all day and like you get like a little bit antsy. You have a few meetings. But I don't know what you guys do.
Speaker 1: Vice persa kind of. I feel like we're used to playing. You have to be at like peak around seven, so like day was like I gotta get up early, you know.
Speaker 2: But I do like day games because you don't have shoot around. Yeah, I mean I don't need I don't want shoot around.
Speaker 3: Like the week though a lot, right, so that's never going to be.
Speaker 2: I can clip that. Wait, tell me about your your ideal. My ideal would be we get in like late ish the night before time for dinner. Yep, like a dinner. I like to go to get like try a new place. Yeah, wait, did you guys know to have like team dinners at restaurants. I guess college, yes, you can miss the two w and college for sure. Tarret was like very much routine. So game day we would have shoot around and then everyone would come back. We'd have lunch maybe and then four hours before the game we have pregame meal Samuel. Every time pasta I've had hoasta with Marinara, sauce salmon and maybe some like steamed broccoli and then rolls all for you every day.
Speaker 1: But who would you like? Who was like your favorite team or like favorite city to play in college, Washington State or Washington just because it's home.
Speaker 2: Like when we played at WSU, my family would come down bring the dogs, and I had a lot of people there and also they didn't get a lot of fans, so it was majority of my family and friends that would like sell. It was so fun.
Speaker 3: We played in Pollman my senior year too. Actually, yeah, there's like a lot of schools in that little pocket. Was their team good that when you played not special? It was week one, so you never really like know how good anyone is.
Speaker 1: I was nowhere near. Actually we have we played like you never played. My first year my freshman year. It was like the second year with SEC. Yeah, but it was I mean, I enjoyed the SEC favorite city town slash town. I do think though, just like the history behind it. I think like playing Tennessee so it was just so cool. Yeah that was fun. But South Carolina had a great crowd.
Speaker 3: I do think basketball would be I never indeed the basketball players. Because you miss Christmas, Earth, you miss Thanksgiving, Christmas and spring break.
Speaker 1: Can we just say basketball is probably the worst sport to choose because it is both seasons year but the spring fast time of the year because you're on like twelve hour week instead of a twenty hour week.
Speaker 2: No, one thousand percent. I'm just saying, like, you know, like they're still pros. It's like they had spring.
Speaker 1: They had all the entire time, and I'm like, oh, we're still yeah, still here. You can talk about college, you can talk about WNBA, but like, what is something doesn't matter if you're here at home, if you're on the road, that like pregame, post game, that like keeps you grounded or keeps you in your routine. Because I think that is something like as much as you're not routine, you also have to be routine.
Speaker 2: And so kind of take us through what keeps you grounded. I think just doing, like having a routine is the most important part, Like you can whatever you want to do, just do it consistently, because I feel like by that time of the season, like sure the pressure is higher and like you really only have this one chance at winning a game or you're done, but focusing like you've built these habits over the course of tens of games, but like it's that's the time to rely on those habits and like not change up what you've been doing because what we've been doing has worked. So for me, that's like making sure I get my pregame map, making sure like I watched film the night before, making sure I'm locked in during shoot around, Like just the little things that you've done so much, like don't change it. Do you still use that and do that in.
Speaker 3: The w and so that can be pregame like fully basketball related, but also night before like rush your teeth, take a shower, getting really.
Speaker 2: Are you that the yeah?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, why I'm saying there, It can like that they say baseball players are the worst. Really with yeah, with routine, can.
Speaker 1: You think about how you know will like her fiance was drafted and whatnot. But like they play so many games too, Like that gets there's so many games.
Speaker 2: I'm just.
Speaker 3: He's a week is your pre game playlist? Bangers.
Speaker 2: I don't really like listen to a lot of.
Speaker 3: Music Instagram song choice. I'm always like Lexi's throwing hitters on Choo stopping.
Speaker 2: I thought that was so happy Are you kidding? I thought that was on my captions and my manager stopping. But like, thank you.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course.
Speaker 1: We have a segment we're going to do. So let's grab these cards with us. Game tie not for you, this is you're you're on the hot seats, sister.
Speaker 2: So this is called packet or pass it. Here are the rules.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, we're going to throw you every travel essential that we can think of, and you tell us, from the opinion of a professional athlete, what has to come.
Speaker 2: With you and what you're leaving at home. Dot it. Okay, Wes, do you can go first, portal phone charger, packet.
Speaker 3: Somebody takes his face but little one, yeah, yeah, maybe powerful one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go white noise machine, pass it.
Speaker 3: Neck pillow, pass it. Some people are loyal to neck.
Speaker 2: Pillows that I can sleep just about anywhere.
Speaker 3: Nice, good trade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me the window preferably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you can rest, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Noise canceling headphones packet.
Speaker 3: I can't. If I were headphones on a flight, it makes it harder to lay my head down to sleep. But so I do buds.
Speaker 2: You can. They have noise canceling buds. Where are you? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: How do you not know that he's living in two thousand and fifty?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Headphones? So I'm thinking big bulky make it hard sleep?
Speaker 2: What do you know?
Speaker 3: Like three type of extra pair of socks?
Speaker 2: Pass it?
Speaker 1: Okay, this one's good because I feel like you're a dweed compression socks.
Speaker 2: Pass it.
Speaker 1: No, I've totally seen you where I had.
Speaker 2: A hurt kneed LEXI okay, yes, good jobs.
Speaker 3: Sleep mask typically.
Speaker 2: Pass but my sister gave me one like two weeks ago. Huh. It's a game I used to make, but like it works, it does. It works, So now I'm going to say packet, Okay. Packing cubes pass it. I want to be someone that uses them.
Speaker 3: Was a packing cube?
Speaker 2: What you guys all use those? I love the idea organized the exhibit, it makes it. It's like all your socks and like underwear. So you get there, you know where everything is.
Speaker 3: It's just not.
Speaker 2: Thrown in your suitcase.
Speaker 3: Travel blanket, pass it, lint roller, pass it, your own pillow.
Speaker 2: Pass it. My grandma does that.
Speaker 3: That's cute.
Speaker 2: Electrolyte packets, packet. Yeah. I also don't drink water unless it's flavored, so really I mean it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 2: I'm hydrated though, because I'll just put.
Speaker 1: An I just saw you pound a freaking cheeseburger with greasy fries and you're worried about sugar.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I don't have a big game coming up.
Speaker 2: But wouldn't you rather have electrocally Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hands sanny past I should again, like I have a lot of hand sanitizer.
Speaker 3: Immune support vitamins. This makes me think maybe like an emergency pass.
Speaker 2: I'm not patching that.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one I kind of know the answer to. But multiple books, paperback pass.
Speaker 2: I'm a kindle girl.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, she's film to watch.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I was you.
Speaker 3: Have like an iPad?
Speaker 2: That's not a kindle? Well, when was the last time you read a book.
Speaker 3: I'm currently reading a book called Sapiens. It's about the development of human beings on planet Earth.
Speaker 1: I need the physical book. I feel that like I can't. I just can't. It's not the same.
Speaker 2: I just love. The thing about the kindle that I love the most is once you finish a book, the next one is writing a I know I want to go buy doesn't get crinkled in your bag. I think there's something special about the crinkles.
Speaker 3: I do think though, book like books are such a massive part of home decor that now like your apartment or house or wherever. It just like they look so goodious and like they're all that you have a story to tell about when.
Speaker 2: You read it, and tells a story.
Speaker 1: Your book tells a story because mine is like, oh, at the pool, mine has like waters on it.
Speaker 2: It's all cringled, like I like that.
Speaker 3: Food from the destination. You are just at.
Speaker 2: Packet more outfits than days packet pack. I always overpack.
Speaker 3: That was packing or pass it with Lexi Hole.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we talked a lot about just like basketball in college travel. But I think that you have something really special coming out that kind of fits the lifestyle of someone who's crazy busy, and so I want you to hit on that.
Speaker 2: So I'm starting a makeup brand with my Stanford roommate Sarah that's coming out end of this month. So we're so excited. It's called Florida for the Active I love. Yeah, thank you. We're so excited. It's like something that I'll be using, but also like just all the active people that are running around wile their makeup to last.
Speaker 3: So as someone who's not super fluent in makeup, I'm assuming water resistant.
Speaker 2: Water resistant, sweat resistances, wear all the things, check in all the box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what products like do you have? So we're starting with the Setting spray.
Speaker 2: That's what's going to launch, and then we have two more coming out so that we're going to do like a drop model, so we'll drop one at a time. Wow.
Speaker 1: And then you have an event coming up in April. Yeah, we have a launch party in New York. Excited friends, family, Yes, would love that.
Speaker 2: It's going to be so fun. It's like it's so nice to have something outside of sports to work on focus on. Yeah, excited.
Speaker 3: What Sarah do?
Speaker 2: So she used to be in private equity, but now she's full time Forida. Oh really yeah tie Yeah, So we raise a little bit of money and now we can finally pay her a little bit, Like she gave up a lot to do this full time and she's really smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to put makeup on with Actually, this is.
Speaker 2: A funny story. We went and talked at a college and like there were these college kids and they had asked questions of Sarah and I and one of them was like, I play the football team and we wear EyeBlack and it's always running down our face by the end of the game. Like can we use your setting squars? Like, yeah, so we will send it to you.
Speaker 3: What goes into your makeup routine before a game because obviously it's not priority, no, but you still, I'm sure there's a little something.
Speaker 2: Can I just say though you're on TV?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the walkins yes, the evolution though, like I'm not kidding, Like when you were in college, I feel like it's such a different time. Even when I was in college, and like you didn't wear makeup Like that wasn't that was not a thing, and like now people will have like AI, which like you don't really do that. But we could totally walk through our makeup routine. I have born makeup like since high school when I played. Really, yeah, you love that stuff.
Speaker 2: I love it like I love makeup, I love beauty, it loves cosmetic products.
Speaker 1: I love all that, which is funny because like you're one that doesn't need any of it.
Speaker 2: Thanks, you know what I'm saying. But I do love it, like for sports versus like a normal day, Like I'm wearing less, but I'm still like using like going through the whole routine concealer, blush messca eyebrow setting, spray like it is. And that's also like back to the routine. That's part of my pregame routine. You've done I enjoy You've done it forever. Yeah, And like if I'm not wearing my hair in a braid, I might curl my hair, I might crip my hair watch Out, watch Out, So I give myself some time to Like do you put on a fit for like walk into every single game or only when the I mean, like I try to on the road. It's like easier to just throw on like a workouts like OUTFU.
Speaker 1: But even your workout fits are like super cute. It's not like she never looked, you know, like I look like trash.
Speaker 2: Well, like I'm not wear athleta and like their travel sets are. I feel like anytime you have a matching set, you look more put together. Anyway, I was just saying that last night.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm going to order a bunch of matching sets because even when I just want to go somewhere, I want to look a little bit more put together this year, and I'm matching sets like sweat sets.
Speaker 2: That are the same color automatically elevated.
Speaker 3: My hot take is that with tunnel fits NFL, NBA, WNBA, all sports, I think the art of team matching sweatsuits is like is lost.
Speaker 2: It's gone. You like that.
Speaker 3: I think when you're when you have like a fresh team jumpsuit and you all like get off the bus and walk in together and it's the same fit, Like it's I get.
Speaker 2: I think it looks good, it looks more put together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Lex, I think that you are doing stuff that's super special on the court, clearly, but off court, like, I think it's so smart of you to like start getting your feet wet and other things. And Florida is going to take off, so everyone, if you wear that type of stuff, get on Florida, buy it.
Speaker 3: This is so fun, actually fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love the rest you here.
Speaker 1: Well, Before we go, we got to tell you all about the amazing sweeps we got going on. Mariott Bonvoy is giving away a pair of tickets to the twenty twenty six in twenty twenty seven Final four to enter for a chance to win head to at show me Something on Instagram. Common on any of our Live from the Bracket post related to the sweepstakes, be sure to include the hashtag Live from the Bracket in our castion to be eligible. Full details in the episode description. Don't miss It. No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the fifty US States or DC who are at least eighteen years old as of the date of entry. Ends April fifteen, twenty twenty six. Rules at rules dot dja dot com slash Live from the Bracket