Speaker 1: Second date of date.
Speaker 2: You know, ninety seven percent of my expert dating knowledge comes from watching old Ryan Reynolds movies.
Speaker 3: Explains a lot, and.
Speaker 2: In the holiday classic Just Friends, Ryan Reynolds makes it very very clear if you want to make things happen with a woman, never ever schedule a day date, because it's all one way ticket to the friend zone.
Speaker 1: Yah know that.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's wrong.
Speaker 2: See, smart stuff comes out of those films. And one of our listeners, Nash, clearly has not seen that movie because apparently he did a date in broad daylight. So let's talk to him, Nash. I'm gonna just ask the obvious question, why do you hate Ryan Reynolds?
Speaker 1: I love Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 2: Ah, don't take his advice. I'm just kidding around with you. Man. Tell us about the girl that you went out with. What's her name?
Speaker 1: Her name is Ember?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Do you guys meet on an app?
Speaker 1: Yep? We met it on an app and uh we had a few things in common and I yeah, I asked her out relatively quickly.
Speaker 3: Oh you did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it made you want to do a daytime date with Ember?
Speaker 1: Well, now see that was her idea. Usually I prefer going on at night, but well I did suggest it.
Speaker 2: You can't say no it has to be a night date. You absolutely can say no and be like I deserve better than that.
Speaker 1: Tell what you're doing too.
Speaker 3: I also can see like if you haven't talked a lot online, like there's not a lot of trust there. So daytime date feels probably safe. You want to waste a Saturday night on a guy or that? Yeah, what did you guys do?
Speaker 1: So we actually met at a cool little diner and you know, we had lunch there and she was super friendly and cute and everything was going great. And then when we actually when we're going to the diner, I did something and she kind of made a comment on it. So there's like this big crack in the doorway, and so I kind of like did a little hop, skip and a jump to get over the crack.
Speaker 3: Oh you didn't touch them on the floor, Yeah, because of like superstition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I low key do the same.
Speaker 2: Still, bro, don't worry.
Speaker 1: One foot give me the ck?
Speaker 2: Were you hopping on just one foot style?
Speaker 1: No? I kind of just gave it a little nice, one little skip.
Speaker 2: It was an athletic manly ski.
Speaker 1: Describe it but that actually sparked a conversation where it wasn't just kind of the awkward interview phase of the date. So I actually had my lucky coin I have that was in my pocket. So I pulled that out and showed it to her.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're you're pretty deep into the superstition stuff.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't say that, Like I have my lucky coin. I think it's just good luck. I've had it forever. It's just kind of like a novelty two edit coin, and that's funny.
Speaker 2: It's two headed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet you won't kiss me by the end of the state heads.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wish I would have thought of that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what you were going. What did you do? What did you say?
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't say too much. But what she told me is she said maybe we should leave it as a tip so she doesn't have to see the click again.
Speaker 2: She's like, can you burn a coin?
Speaker 3: Was she laughing?
Speaker 1: But she said that Yeah, of course. We were both joking and laughing about it.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, and what was a highlight for you?
Speaker 1: You know, it was just a lot of fun. Like I wouldn't say there was one thing that made the date great. But we just pretty much laughed the whole time and it was a good time. Like it wasn't like one of those awkward first dates at least that's how I felt. So so yeah, it was just overall yeah, good vibe, awesome.
Speaker 2: Ryan Reynolds would have looked at this date and shook his head like, no, in the friend zone, Bud.
Speaker 1: Actually, I would be lucky to be in the friend zone right now because I've been trying to contact her and she's not even messaged me back right now. So yeah, so you're.
Speaker 3: In the no zone, is what you are.
Speaker 2: That's pretty hot. Why would she not be talking to you at all? I mean, how did that date end?
Speaker 1: The date end? I just pretty much walked into a car and said goodbye. But one thing that happened was I, like I said, I gave her the coin, you know, so she could have good luck. Yeah cute. Well see that's the thing is, I didn't give it to her to keep. I was just like, you know, like how I said, we were joking about it, and so she at the quarter and then I didn't even think about it when I was saying goodbye, And then about an hour later I messaged her and said, oh, sorry, I forgot about my coin. I have to give that back to me on our next date, you know, and smooth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of feels like it also a little cheap, like I want my quarterback.
Speaker 3: Please get another two headed there's no value, it's two headed.
Speaker 2: Well still, I mean, it's not a good look to ask for change.
Speaker 3: Wait did did she not respond to that?
Speaker 1: She responded, but it took a really long time, like I think it was like the next day or so actually, and she was like, can I mail it to you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh, the stamp probably cost more than the coin.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: What did you say to that?
Speaker 1: So then I think it was like two days later, Oh my god, like I brought her coin to the diner and left it with some guy named Hale.
Speaker 3: Oh lucky quarter It doesn't sound very lucky.
Speaker 2: Or she's spreading the luck out into the world. Maybe while she had the lucky coin, she meant another amazing guy and it works for her. So now she's done with the luck?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I hope not.
Speaker 2: But I mean, did you get your coin back from the guy at the diner? The real question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got the coin back, But it was just really weird because obviously she doesn't want to see me, and she went out of her way. Yeah, she still completely avoided me, and I thought we had a great first date.
Speaker 2: So Jeff, we should call her opposing as a coin collection agency really make her feel bad. May that's one option. It was worth a million dollars. I do think you should get your lucky coin out though, right now for this, like rubber, let's kiss it, tucking underneath whatever part it needs to be tucked under. So we need all the luck we can get when we call her and try and get your second date. Update right after this.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it all right.
Speaker 2: Update. We've been poking fun at our listener Nash, who says he's not that superstitious, but he did jump over a crack on the floor before his date started and carries around a lucky two headed quarter.
Speaker 3: Why you're playing get lucky right though?
Speaker 2: Brooke did the math job, she figured it out, but that two headed quarter did become a focal point of their entire lunch. So even let her hold on to it for a little bit of luck. You know, he forgot that she had it. Didn't even get it back till days later when she left it with an employee at the diner where they ate.
Speaker 3: I wonder if that's why she's not calling him back though, Well, she thought it was a gift because I thought he was gifting it to her too, and then when he asked for it back, she's like, that's rude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought he was just being slick. Now did you make it clear to her that you were just letting her borrow it? Or how did that go?
Speaker 1: Oh? For sure, like I told her like how long I've had the coin and stuff like, There's no way she could have thought like I was giving at least I hope not like I say that. But as I'm sitting here thinking about it, maybe that could be it. Maybe you weren't clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it could come down to a simple misunderstanding. But if we're going to get you another date here, Jose, I need you to reach over real quick and rub Brooks lucky rabbit's foot. Oh dude, it's like a real rabbits foot though, like most rabbits feed? Is that a rabbit's foot? Oh wait a minute, let's move Okay, Okay, forget it, let's just call him.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think so much, guys. Good luck with her.
Speaker 2: Good luck to you, mister luck. Okay, we don't want to spread the luck to you. Hello, Hey, is this Ember? Yes, you don't have to be afraid of us. We're nice people. Mostly we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Uh okay, sorry, I don't know. I don't know you know the show.
Speaker 2: That's fine, But you know somebody who's a friend of the show that you went on a date with recently named Nash. No, sorry, something in your throat there for a second.
Speaker 4: I don't even want to think about that date.
Speaker 3: Really, No, it was that bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, yeah, no, look.
Speaker 2: That's okay. The reason that we're calling you is because we're doing something called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help out Nash, who's really confused about why you guys aren't meeting up for a second time.
Speaker 3: I mean, I could see he sounds like kind of a nervous guy. Maybe he was really nervous on your date.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like during the day, it was really like the situation happened at the end, and I honestly like, I I don't think he wants me to say it.
Speaker 2: Okay, he stepped on the crack and his mom's like, really sick. No, no, no, well you should nomember. The way that these things work is our listener agrees ahead of time that they're willing to hear whatever it is the other person is going to say about them, even if it's really embarrassing or awkward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he listens to the show. He knows that people can be brutally honest, so he's he's prepared totally.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't even like you know what he told you?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, quick rundown of it is, you guys met online. You ended up going out for a lunch date. There was some superstition talk involving cracks on the floor and a coin that he has that's really lucky. That's two headed.
Speaker 3: He said, you guys laughed lot during the date, Like I mean, like I said, it wasn't during the date.
Speaker 4: It was like the end. But since you guys like already brought.
Speaker 2: Up the coin, was some confusion that you took the coin with.
Speaker 4: You and okay, so he hugged me, good vibe. Yeah, I went to my car and I'm like, oh, I still have the coin, like it meant so much to him, Like I felt like I had to get it back to him immediately, a.
Speaker 3: Kid, So you knew that it wasn't a gift, No.
Speaker 4: Like I knew it meant something to him. He kept talking about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, okay, So that was an accident, of course.
Speaker 4: But like I get out of the car and I see he's up ahead of me, but he wasn't in his car yet, so I was trying to like get to him before he got in his car. I get to the backside window and as I'm about to tap it, I see him and his pants are down, oh, like all the way down.
Speaker 2: Whoa wow? Are you wait? Are you sure?
Speaker 4: I'm positive? At that point, I was like, okay, I need to get the heck out of here.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it, got it.
Speaker 4: But I feel like I avoided like the biggest creep in the world. So like that's why I left the point at a diner. And like I don't I don't know what he was doing. I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know we have not heard this part of the story. I don't think Nash even knew you were there. He knew, or he would have said, oh, by the way, you come pants down in my car?
Speaker 3: I don't know if that makes it better or not, Like, but I don't know what the reason could be.
Speaker 2: What's the first reason that comes to your hand? I can't say that one allowed.
Speaker 3: But the second reason is I've changed pants in the car before.
Speaker 4: Because like, yeah, but he wasn't like moving that much. That's the same.
Speaker 2: That's a good sign, that's a good car.
Speaker 3: You go quick on your pants.
Speaker 2: You know what. There's two sides to every story here, and this is your side. Ember. We should probably get Nash's version of the story because he is on the other line right now and wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Are you joking?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, No, he's there. I think I remembers are you clothed from the waist down or.
Speaker 3: The top up? Like either one?
Speaker 1: I just want to say, she's right. I didn't know that she was there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Nash, we're waiting for your explanation of what happened. A good time to say something like awkward cough says.
Speaker 4: That you don't even have an excuse.
Speaker 2: Wait, so well, A right, Nash, you're gonna have to use your voice here. Okay, just put away whatever you're you're playing with.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know Ember would you believe me if I told you that. You know, I thought I had my coin on me and I you know, I started looking through my pants to find it.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, hole in his pocket.
Speaker 3: You took your pants completely off to find a coin? Is that what you're going with?
Speaker 1: Dude? Well? What else am I supposed to say? I don't I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to say here right now.
Speaker 2: I mean that's yeah, you're not supposed to say anything. Just tell us the truth. Did you really think you lost your coin?
Speaker 1: Yep, I thought I lost my coin.
Speaker 3: Why did you not wait till you got home or something immediately?
Speaker 1: Bro, it was a good first date.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's another superstition thing where you take your pants off after a good first day to guarantees a second. Is that what happened next? It was midday?
Speaker 1: No, actually, I remember, I remember when it was. I had some chili pries at the diner on our during our day, and I think I totally forget now, but now it's coming back to me. Maybe I had some Uh, I think I had some chili in my pants. I think.
Speaker 4: This guy is so creepy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you give her an apology and I hope, you know, maybe a lesson here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Emmer, I'm so sorry I said I didn't know you were there. And I get the awkwardness of it for sure, and and I do appreciate you making sure at least I got my coinback and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you're very very welcome for the car.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to be creepy or anything like. Oh.
Speaker 4: The thing is, you don't have to try, like you're just very creepy. You have no remorse, like you don't even care that, like you were literally good your pants down.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, can I ask you this if if you didn't remember you had the coin and you didn't come back to the car, would we have gone on a second date?
Speaker 2: That's a good point. You might not seem super remot horse full, like you said, but I think that's just because it's a super awkward situation for everybody, and he's probably really embarrassed. So would you be maybe willing to start over?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think.
Speaker 3: You can recover from that man. You can't be doing that daylight in your car.
Speaker 2: Really have no proof of what he did or didn't do.
Speaker 4: He literally admitted to it.
Speaker 2: He admitted to chili fries being on his pants. If you're that gullible. It was his fourth story, and I believe his four story. Fourth time is always the truth. That's what they say, superstitious you got the fourth story is the true story. I guess I'm just gonna give up trying. Man. I'm sorry, dude, you don't want to go.
Speaker 3: From one guy who doesn't like to wear pants to another guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, just to be cool, you and I can hang out to a diner, all right, need some chili? Yeah, we'll eat some chili. We'll go to the car. And you.
Speaker 1: Guys thought I would the creepy one. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's try to bond with you, all right, Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: The second date update was a great reminder to one get your windows tinted on your car very much. And two, when you ride into us, you need to remember you're about to hear stuff that might be a little embarrassing or weird, so you need to be prepared for that. And what's less than zero percent prepared for what we found out when we had Nash here The real reason he wasn't getting a call back.
Speaker 3: How did you not put on that lesson like, don't do that in your car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean maybe go home. Nash clearly didn't know what to say. Lots of awkward, so I mean, what else do you say? Yeah? The most important thing I think we can take away from this is follow us on Instagram, on YouTube, TikTok all of it at Brook and.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey, Yes, Glad, We're an audio show.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you'll learn all sorts of valuable life lessons that they definitely don't teach you in school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,