Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Well, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Stephen the Carroll and I'm joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor Louise Moon. Louise, good morning. Let's start with Schroeder's shares rising today. What's the news from them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shares have hit a twenty twenty three high this morning. So this is after they said that their annualju Justice operating profit will be ahead of expectations. And this comes in the context of Schroeder's being kind of the midst of a turnaround at the moment. So City analysts have said that this beat is very strong. It should reassure analyst Bloomberg Intelligence saying, you know, this is unexpectedly positive. It suggests that the turnaround plans are working. This is all under their relatively new CEO, Richard Oldfield. So it's things like he's this is in the past. He's announcedingdred and fifty million pounds worth of cost savings growing in certain areas like wealth Management. So it's a positive for Schroders this morning. Signs that this is starting to pay off, and it's also having a bit of a positive read across to peers like Aberdeen who are also in similar positions, also trying to kind of turn themselves around it and it's and that's obviously also positively impacting their share price this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Schroders up eight point two percent in London at the moment. The question, of course, the other main sector that's moving higher this morning is technology. It's the best performing sector on the stocks at six hundred, up by one and a half percent. But in particular we're seeing ASML jumping to a record high.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This is all on the back of TSMC's results overnight, so they have their fourth quarter results issued a twenty twenty six outlook. They're seen as as a bell weather for the boom and AI and this came in a head of analysts expectations essentially showing the demand for AI chips and the kind of signaling optimism confidence in the longevity of the AI boom globally. So that's pulling up European semicodactive stocks across the board. But ASML as you say, in particular, TSMC is its key customers, so pulling up ASML, it takes evaluation to above five hundred billion US dollars and that makes it the third European company ever to reach that valuation, so only LVMH and Novo NAS have reached that before. So it's it's becoming one of or solidifying it as one of Europeans, one of Europe's largest companies. And there was interesting quote from Astraategus from Barclays saying that sentimentally, that means a lot for the European market. So I'd say shares rallying to record high as this is all on the back of TSMC.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, another share that's flying high this morning is wiz Air, currently almost five percent in London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had.
Speaker 1: Quotes from their CEO raising whizz Air's growth projection for the year. This has comes two months after they cut it, so they're expecting twenty percent growth year and year in twenty twenty six. They had previously announced that target in June, but then they cut it back to ten percent in November, and now they've re upped it again to twenty twenty to twenty percent growth. Essentially saying that they're going to add airbos planes and they're going to return a lot of grounded jets to the skies this year, and that's going to help them. Obviously, they've been very impacted by groundings since about twenty twenty three, and that's driven up costs a lot, it's slowed a lot of their deliveries. It's really kind of hampered their growth and their share price. And that they will still have some aircraft that will be grounded this year, but a lot less, so that will help put it back to what it's calling the significant growth, so that twenty percent, and they're also indicating they're going to have a more efficient operating model. So this will comes ahead of their third quarter results later this month, and shares are reacting positively on that, as you say, taking off flying higher.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest round up of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.