Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Jess is running a little lay, little traffic sholling made the cat piece.
Speaker 3: To the planet is Monday. Good morning. How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 4: I feel blessed, black and Holly favorite, happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 2: That's right back to the work. We hopefully you're feeling amazing. How was your weekend, Charlott? My weekend was great.
Speaker 4: I don't know who was in here messing with all my stuff doing n plug my headphones, got my headphones dead, unplugged my microphone.
Speaker 3: The hell?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the weekend was good. I did nothing. I went to go see Mel Robbins on Friday.
Speaker 4: Mel Robbins was at the Beacon Theater on Friday for the elect Them Let Them Tour Okay, And that was fantastic.
Speaker 3: It was part stand.
Speaker 4: Up special, part sermon, part stage play.
Speaker 3: And it was very, very, very enjoyable.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: Because you know, whenever you go see somebody do like, you know, their podcast live, you don't really know what to expect of course. Now you know, people think it's just gonna be two people up there talking or just a person up there talking. No Mel put on the show. So dropping a clues bomb from Mel Roberts that was a great date night. Dope dope, dope dope.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I took my sons to this professional soccer game. So the New York City Football Club played the New Jersey Red Bulls.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now, I know for a lot of you guys, you're probably saying, like, what the hell is happening? But you know, football is one of the biggest sports.
Speaker 3: I think it might be. It's the biggest worldwide, right, what are you talking about? But not here in America though. Football soccer, Yeah, the biggest sport.
Speaker 2: Not here in America as yet. But they have a professional soccer squad or league. And uh, I go to the games all the time with my son. I'm still learning a lot.
Speaker 3: My son.
Speaker 2: He's a soccer lover, like love soccer boy than any sport. He loves his players. He he's just and he plays soccer I think like four times a week.
Speaker 3: But so we went to the game.
Speaker 2: I'm still learning still things I don't understand, but we're having an amazing time. It was a great bonding moment, and of course my son's home from college, so it was just a great time.
Speaker 3: But all right, well let's get the show cracking. Lynn wood Field. Lynnwood Field us this morning.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of y'all watched this over the weekend. So yes, Lynn Whidfield, the legendary Lynwoodfield, will be joining us today to talk about the.
Speaker 2: Shy Enne and other thing that's right, shy season seven, So we'll get into that. We got front page news next. Morgan's back and we'll talk to her next. It's the Breakfast Club, Go Morning Waning. Everybody's DJ V jesselairis Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get in some front page news now. Yesterday NBA Playoffs, the Thunder beat the Nuggets one twenty five ninety three.
Speaker 6: So okay, see, we'll be taking on Timberwolf's.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a great series.
Speaker 2: Great series, and of course my Nick's play on Wednesday against the Pacers.
Speaker 4: Has there been a trade that has benefited both teams the way that Knicks Timberwolves trade benefited both teams?
Speaker 3: You know how they always say, oh who wanted to trade. Who wanted to trade? They're both in the finals of their respective conferences.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 3: That is true. What's up, Morgan?
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, hey, y'all. Hey, how y'all feeling welcome?
Speaker 8: Be back?
Speaker 5: Good to be back?
Speaker 9: Yes, all right, So first step on front page. Let's get into it. Former President Biden. Joe Biden has an an aggressive form of prostate cancer that has spread to his bones now. A spokesperson for the former president says the diagnosis came after doctors found a nodle on his prostate on Friday that required further evaluation. The cancer appears to be hormone sensitive, which allows for effective management. The statement said that the former president and his family are reviewing treatment options now. Biden has been back in the news of late, combating allegations in news reports that his mental health has been on the decline. His wife, former First Lady Jill Biden, was on the view recently with her husband saying the allegations are false. She says she only saw her husband working NonStop. Now, former Vice President Kamala Harris she stepped in and has a reaction in regards to what's going on with President Biden. She said that in a post on x that both she and her husband, Doug are saddened to learn of the news, calling Biden a fighter who will face this challenge with the same strength, resilience, and optimism that he has always defined in his life and leadership. President Obama also shared reactions, saying that he and former First Lady Michelle are thinking of the entire Biden family and praying for a fast and full recovery. Trump also shared well wishes. He wished a former President Biden a fast and successful recovery following his prostate cancer diagnosis.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 9: Trump said in a post on truth Social on Sunday that both him and his wife were saddened by the news and they extend their warmest and best wishes to Jill and the family. Just sad news to hear for President A former President Biden.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 9: The American Cancer Society reports that five year relative survival rate for men diagnosed with prostate cancers about ninety seven percent. So with good treatment, he could you know, be okay for the next few years.
Speaker 4: Now during his old demand exactly, this is next few years?
Speaker 3: What does that look like?
Speaker 11: This is true.
Speaker 9: This is true, and of course during his administration, he launched the Cancer Moonshot Initiative in an effort to cut cancer deaths in half by twenty four to seven, in addition to assisting those impacted by cancer. So this is pretty much what we know so far in regards to this story. But I will keep you guys posted as more details come. I failure.
Speaker 4: I wonder how often do presidents get physicals? Because because I wonder, does it show up before it's aggressive? But do just pop up aggressive first?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, a physical isn't going to necessarily uh you know, uh, you're not going to necessarily find cancer in a physical. That's that probably takes extensive screening or you know, further screening. But a physical. I believe that presidents at least have to have one or two.
Speaker 4: A year because protet exams are so common. Like, you know, I want to go get a physical last week, and that's one of the things they did.
Speaker 3: They actually drew my drew my blood for the proeting them.
Speaker 4: As soon as they said projet exam, I was like, god, dang it, I just had one of those last year.
Speaker 3: But they were like, no, we don't have to do that, do it that way. Yeah, but they don't have to pope me.
Speaker 2: What's right they said, is yeah, you can check prostate without you know, actually using your finger.
Speaker 3: But they do blood every six months.
Speaker 2: I taught for a president, so I always wondered, did they possibly no one he was in office and just didn't say anything or it didn't really just found out.
Speaker 9: Now and now that is not that is not uh that we are not we are not sure about that. But I will definitely find out and figure that part out and bring that back to you guys.
Speaker 4: He had some I mean before he had a he had some some form of can to remove from his chest.
Speaker 3: I know before a couple of years. Daddy, I'm not going to scale. It was like a skin cans that I was removed from his chest a couple of years ago.
Speaker 9: All right, guys, So switching gears. You guys had some tragic news in New York. The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating after a tall ship hit the Brooklyn Bridge on Saturday, and NTSB go team is coming to New York after a historic Mexican Navy training vessel apparently lost power and struck the underside of the bridge, shearing off the tops of its three wooden mass two crew members were killed in nineteen others or more were injured who were aboard that ship. Now, spectators gathered to see this massive ship, and many of them, you know, were filming the incident when it occurred.
Speaker 11: Let's take a listen to some of that audio.
Speaker 3: She's about a crier.
Speaker 9: So there were over two hundred and fifty aboard, and a search and rescue operation was underway to pull people out of the water. One of the ship's one hundred and fort Okay, we talked about the mass.
Speaker 11: Now this happened, uh okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The bridge over the East River has been reported open after city officials determined that it suffered no structural serious structural damage from that crash. Now, Mexico's President, Claudia Scheinbaum, she said she's saddened by the deadly crash of the Mexican Navy ship in New York's East River. So again, this is one of those stories that I will continue to keep you guys posted and see what happens. Fox News does report that Mexican Naval Cadet America Sanchez has been identified as one of the deceased, So thoughts and prayers to her family in this sad time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely all right. Well that is frost Page News. Thank you, thank you, Morgan.
Speaker 11: Thank you. Talk to you all at seven all.
Speaker 2: Right and everybody else, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five.
Speaker 6: To one vent with us. How was your weekend?
Speaker 3: Was it good? Was it bad? Call us up right now. It's the breakfast clog, good morning.
Speaker 6: The breakfast club, wake up, wake up. It's if you're time to.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest, your man or blessed.
Speaker 6: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Hello. Who is yes Thursday j A j A from nd.
Speaker 12: Hey real quick, good morning, breakfast club Envy. I got a nice little back for you, but go ahead.
Speaker 6: Your phone sound crazy, brother?
Speaker 3: He said, you want to bet you paces nixt oh.
Speaker 12: Yes, d yes, okay, if and when we win, I want you to wear a Coast jersey and a pace of jersey. Something simple. But if you when I'm a donated one thousand dollars to the charity and your truth.
Speaker 2: I'm not a betting person, brother, I just like to watch the games. But no, I don't really bet like that, brother. I'm not a gambler man. When I go to the casino, I just go to jail. I don't even really gamble at the casino.
Speaker 12: Brother, So you ain't got no faith in your necks now, But my mix.
Speaker 3: Gonna watch your faces though I don't know that much, all right.
Speaker 12: So I'm super annoyed with some of the men I run across that are blaming Cassie saying that she wanted it, and even some of the women I've dated, women that have been sexually thought that. I see women that have been sexually so I meant her kids that have been assaulted. They go back. This ain't even about the stockho on Bendre. There's something else that I think about when they come to Cassie copy the Electric complex where sometimes women actually date the men who they think their father is or want their father to be. So it's just it's crazy because we're blaming her and it's totality. She was abused and everybody's ignored it. So that's all I that, man, Because you ain't take my bet. I didn't want to take it too serious, but I just wanted to mention.
Speaker 2: That thank you Ja after you two now Hello, who's this.
Speaker 13: You, sir?
Speaker 6: I'm good, brother, how you feeling?
Speaker 14: Good morning? Good morning, charle Man the God p King.
Speaker 3: What's the word?
Speaker 14: Seez my brother? You know what this is?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 14: Who is a mister shoe money.
Speaker 4: Mister show money? What's uping brother? I ain't recognize how you what's going off?
Speaker 3: Are you feeling?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 14: Listen, I'm calling in to settle a long standing, twelve plus year breakfast.
Speaker 15: Club to beat.
Speaker 2: Dj Envy is definitely a black man, you know how I know?
Speaker 10: God, because a.
Speaker 13: Guy that wouldn't name himself dj a Vy.
Speaker 4: It's a straight up light skinned niggas damn okay, like you know.
Speaker 14: Don't know you know, you know how you come on you?
Speaker 15: I was doing the how yellow brothers, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 13: Dj Envy is the name he's got to the back of the day.
Speaker 14: He was the y because you.
Speaker 3: Block the name d j Enmedy okay, show money?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Thanks you, glad, Glad. That's some thought this morning.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Thank you so much. What's up, Jess, what's up? How you feeling?
Speaker 5: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 6: You're stuck in that tunnel this morning?
Speaker 5: Huh yo?
Speaker 3: What yes?
Speaker 5: Crazy.
Speaker 16: And then the elevator of my building has broke. It's four of them, three of them broke, so one elevator works in the whole building, and it's crazy.
Speaker 5: I live on the twenty sixth floor.
Speaker 3: Final.
Speaker 5: Hell no, I'm waiting for the lad that's wold.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's a new is your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 6: Way up, whether you're mad.
Speaker 3: Or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 6: Call up now.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one.
Speaker 6: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Bruno?
Speaker 3: Bruno whatever? Get it off your chest.
Speaker 10: By Haitian Heritage Month, Haitian Flag Day was yesterday.
Speaker 3: So Pa said, Oh my Haitian ma Boulet.
Speaker 10: All right, I wanted to talk about a little bit of Haitian history that plays into American history right down. You know, in eighteen oh four, Napoleon was forced to sell Louisiana due to the fact that he was fighting the Haitians. You know what I'm saying. So America wouldn't have Louisiana if it wasn't for the fact that Haitians brought back and took their freedom in eighteen oh four and nine thousand refugees white and black led the Louisiana at that time. So a lot of Louisiana natives are also Haitian descendants. And little alone is that US invaded Haiti in nineteen fourteen and took five hundred thousand dollars in gold bars and form city group. Due to the fact that we took our freedom, France came in a vay two years later claimed that they lost property, which was the slaves. So we ended up having to pay over twenty one billion dollars back to France. Okay, and John Point du the Sound also founded Chicago, So a lot of people don't know that Haiti has played a lot of integral parts in American history. So I just wanted to let y'all know.
Speaker 4: Slew dollar hages out there said we appreciate y'all.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 14: This is a big homing is what's good? Envy?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 14: Ain't not much? Hey, I want to talk to the brothers out there. Man, I was a little concerned last week when I heard brothers calling in talking about free profit. Now. Now, Posty was out of control from the beginning of his career when he had that incident at City College. I'm from BK, so now, I mean I watched his career from the low to the high. But when these guys become these elite individuals, when I say elite, become part of that one hundred million dollar club up, they tend to try to sit on the side where they feel like they're gonna be accepted by the f themes and these individuals that do these outrageous things. But when I hit the brother's call in, it was like, Yo, why she came up there, and why she speaking of her truth? That's part of her third you know. And these same individuals have daughters and what so this is what you accept for that your daughter or your wife, that a man will use his money and X, Y and Z to beat you to the ground and when you speak up about it, it's a problem. It just was really disturbing to hear that. I was just trying to call in event that man, because I just see it. It's an all going thing within the community where our sisters they try to lay it down and the brothers not rallying behind them to support them.
Speaker 4: Real talk, Well, I think I think folks need to be screaming for Diddy to get some healing, you know what I'm saying. Regardless of what happens in this situation he got, he gonna have to deal with the consequences of his actions and he cannot run from himself that at some point you got to sit.
Speaker 3: Down and do some work on yourself, because he clearly needed.
Speaker 14: Most definitely for for Diddy, I just feel like it's been so long throughout his career where it should have been some some thought of change, you know what I'm saying. I'm not just it's it's before Catsie, it's all the other little things that was happening. I don't want to bring that up on it. We all know what's up though, But but just to watch some dumb things playing on. Man, they hear the brothers saw on my Free Diddy, it's real disturbing.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 14: You need to lift our sisters up, you know what I'm saying. Maybe I need to listen to a little more pot keep your head up and understand what why women are here and what they do for us and what they have done for the world with them being the start of man Conn. And that's just on some real talk. Yo, yo jet, y'all keep doing your things. Just you gotta whole Brooklyn team. Who Brooklyn Street Team out there you don't even know about.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Street Team were.
Speaker 14: Rallying behind you for a little minute, you know what I mean, A little funny thing in the whip and we watched it. We like, yo, keep keep keepybody didn't tank, yo. We was running up on them little spots out in Harrisburg. You're like, Yo, we want to see just hilarious out here. They're like, nah, we don't put yo. Just Harry is out there. We ain't come to your spot. It ain't gonna be a Friday spot no more.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you.
Speaker 14: Man is home going there from August State. She is.
Speaker 5: Actually university.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, her name is Morgan though, but yeah she went to she went to Morgan State University.
Speaker 14: All right, All the coach watched my daughter's freshman season. Man, we got we got everybody have a great.
Speaker 3: He's gonna keep going.
Speaker 6: Get it off your chance eight hundred five eight five one O five one.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: Long?
Speaker 3: We got the ladies coming up?
Speaker 17: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 18: Uh, we got to talk about Cassie's last day on the stand. But more importantly, going into this week, their second major witness victim Jane, who we now know is Don Richard's understand but Diddy's team does not want her there.
Speaker 17: Dan Richards, Well, she says it's for charts. She said that on today, Don was on Friday. See, this is the thing.
Speaker 18: It was barely even that Dawn was on Friday, and they objected heavily to her, even testifying it caused the whole thing in court. They basically were like, look, we'll pick this up Monday, but then they argued about oh sho, sorry.
Speaker 3: Did get into that.
Speaker 6: Next, you see Lauren's excited. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Girl name is Richard.
Speaker 17: She said, it's for Shard.
Speaker 16: Somebody always been extra for their name. I think I'm somebody named Deborah, right, and she was like, the my name is Bora.
Speaker 5: But your name is Deborah.
Speaker 6: Right, Ladies with Lawrence next the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is the j Envy, Jess, Hilary is charlamagnea god. We are the breakfast club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 3: Lauren be coming the street fast.
Speaker 6: She gets somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 17: I'm the one girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on the latest with Laurence la Rossa.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit everything. It's the name on the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 17: So back in court this week.
Speaker 18: The second big testimony that people are the teams are looking forward to, are looking forward to going against is Donchard. Now, Don Richard started to testify previously. Previously, there's an argument about how you say the last name. Richard's Richard, Dawn of Firmly, of Danity Kane and of the what was the three persons group dirty Money.
Speaker 4: I guess if you're feeling casual or formal, If you're feeling casual as Richard, if you're feeling formal, I don't know.
Speaker 17: But Dawn is on that stand.
Speaker 18: She came on the stand after Cassie finished her testimony and literally was there for maybe twenty minutes, and Diddy's team immediately started objecting to her testimony. Now, the reason why they are objecting is because they're trying to say every night trying. He literally said in court Ditty's attorney that everything down is saying is a lie.
Speaker 17: And it makes no sense that they allow.
Speaker 18: People who have these random stories of what allegedly happened physical violence wise to get on the stand because this isn't a domestic violence case. Now the judge or the government is like, well, honestly, if we're talking about violence, it adds to account one. It adds to us being able to talk about the corrision. And did he being able to basically allegedly like scare people into allowing him to do what.
Speaker 5: He wanted to do?
Speaker 4: So they said one thing that one thing Don said is after she saw did he beat Cassie?
Speaker 3: The next day he.
Speaker 17: Came in the room.
Speaker 18: Yes, So Dawn is testifying that exactly what she talked about in her civil suit, in addition to some other things that they were in the house in LA in two thousand and nine, did he beat Cassie because Cassie wasn't finished allegedly making his food on time. And the next day he came in the room to talk to her and her band member and he basically told them, you know, allegens that he told them, don't say anything what y'all saw if there was passion, and when people say stuff about things like this about me, they end up missing.
Speaker 17: That is what Down is alleging.
Speaker 18: So the government is like, this is definitely relevant because it will show that Umber One he was conscious of guilt, conscious of What we're trying to prove is that he knows what he's doing. But he allegedly like makes people feel scared so that they will just continue to let him do what he.
Speaker 3: Wants to do.
Speaker 18: So today Monday, people were wondering if Dawn is going to get back on the stand. The judge said when he dismissed on you know, you can enjoy your weekend, but we will see you on Monday and today they will have a conversation about what the scope of her testimony can be, how much she can go into, and how it relates to the actual charges.
Speaker 17: With the judge, I'm gonna tell you he was upset.
Speaker 18: He was pissed off at Diddy's attorney because he was like, you've known that she was one of the witnesses all this time, and you knew what she discovered. Her testimony was going to be Yeah, why you didn't say something before, And Diddy's attorney was like, well, we can't say.
Speaker 17: That we knew what she was going on this stand and get on the stand to say so.
Speaker 2: There was a back of about the questions though it should be the question the prosecutors answered the questions. She just can't get on the stand and just say whatever. She has to answer the questions coming from the prosecutor.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but it's directed like you asked certain questions because you want to get certain things from her. So Didti's team is basically saying, y'all are unfairly adding additional conversation about the violence, not about what we're actually here for.
Speaker 17: But they're saying the violence equals to what we're here for.
Speaker 3: I understand that.
Speaker 4: But also, she filed a civil suit, so they do know what she's gonna probably say, under.
Speaker 17: Stand now, And on terms of the civil suit.
Speaker 18: The same day that she got on the stand, Diddy's team filed to that civil suit thrown out. They filed documents on Friday, and they pointed out a series of reasons that Dawn's lawsuit shouldn't go any further. They talk about saturtal limitations and proper group pleas and on and on.
Speaker 17: It's like really.
Speaker 18: Legally, but basically because of what I heard do D's attorneys saying in court, they just feel like everything she's saying is a lie and that she's allegedly jumping on a bandwagon of like everybody's piling on Diddy. So let me hop on the whole money conversation, like all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So I always said Dawn and his ex manager James Cruise would be the biggest people in that court, right, because Cassie has a relationship with him. Right, Cassie was allegedly part of a lot of the stuff that he was doing. But these two individuals weren't. So they are seeing from an i's perspective because they weren't part of the you know free.
Speaker 17: Coughs, yeah, I mean yeah, no, yeah, but done.
Speaker 4: The perspective as opposed to one of those yes.
Speaker 18: And in Cassie, that was her last day taking to stand, So she finished her testimony before Dawn, and they actually well, her lawyer spoke out for her after court and talked about a couple of things, how her husband felt and how she felt. So let's take a listen to her attorney on how Cassie felt finished her testimony.
Speaker 19: This week has been extremely challenging, but also remarkably empowering and healing from me. I hope that my testimony has given strength and a voice to other survivors and can help others who have suffered to speak up and also heal from abuse and fear. For me, the more I heal, the more I can remember, and the more I can remember, the more I will never forget. I am glad to put this chapter of my life to rest. As I turned to focus on the conclusion of my pregnancy, I asked for privacy for me and for my growing family, and will.
Speaker 3: She give an immunity?
Speaker 18: I don't know the answer to that one hundred There have been rumors that that was a conversation, but I do not know. And then the attorney also spoke out for her husband, Alex Fine, too because people wanted to know how he felt.
Speaker 17: Let's say listen, and.
Speaker 3: Then I have a statement from Alex Fine.
Speaker 19: Over the past five days, the world has gotten to witness the strength and bravery of my wife freeing.
Speaker 3: Herself of her past.
Speaker 19: There has been speculation online surrounding how it must feel for me to sit there and listen to my wife's testimony.
Speaker 3: I have felt so many things sitting there.
Speaker 19: I have felt tremendous pride and overwhelming love for casts. I have felt profound anger that she has been subjected to sitting in front of a person who tried to break her.
Speaker 18: Now, all of this is happening, and daddy's baby girls went to prom and had that last day of high school and they looked amazing over the weekend. I just feel so bad for the for these girls because they are subjected to so much stuff that has nothing to do with them, and they're young, like my mom is not here, and they haven't been in court for the last couple of days, so people were creating stories about why they're not in court, and it's like they just trying to finish hig school and go to from I.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't want my children to court either. After somebody said I like to rub another man seeming on my.
Speaker 6: Nipples, Yeah, that's something I wouldn't want.
Speaker 2: We got them going to school.
Speaker 3: Why did nobody stand up and yellow jack when that happened. That's how we need you to hold the people.
Speaker 4: Just going on about it like it's nothing you You're.
Speaker 3: Not gonna you're not just gonna let that go.
Speaker 17: That's that's that's not a crime on your nipples.
Speaker 3: That's just a sexual do nobody needs to know that that's a thing? Say pause?
Speaker 5: At least well listen.
Speaker 18: They didn't put the special agent who did the the search and seizure of the hotel room with did he was locked up here in New York. They had pictures of a whole freak off about to go down in the whole time before.
Speaker 3: He got locked.
Speaker 16: Yes, and man, they've been giving Bang Bros all of you know, ideas and stuff. So now it's a whole category, you know, Sam and nipples. It's Bang Bros. Leave it out, y'all. No, it's a drink.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I'm and my.
Speaker 3: Nipple.
Speaker 17: Thank you. This is a lot of lotions. This is a lot of talking about my head. I wash my hands, yes, thank you.
Speaker 4: Let I didn't say nothing, And I don't know how I.
Speaker 17: Felt about you give me all this lotion after the conversation we just had.
Speaker 5: And then you're not even know you're not even like that.
Speaker 4: That's hand right there.
Speaker 6: In the middle of the break. He got up to run to his bag to get you.
Speaker 4: That the way I ain't saying nothing, she said.
Speaker 17: Don't make it seem like I just be ashy. I washed my hands.
Speaker 4: Nothing about you being after the local discreen, right, you told everybody.
Speaker 17: Take some of that.
Speaker 3: It's the latest with as me the latest, will Lauren? Not right now. When we come back, we got.
Speaker 17: From all right, letting you be live, all righty.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got front page news and Lyndwick Philip be joining us as the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, weekol, if you're like to enter the breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club morning everybody is DJ nvy jes hilarious, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 6: We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: Thought off for some quick sports.
Speaker 2: The Thunder beat the Nuggets yesterday won twenty five ninety three. So the the Thunder moves on to the next round, which that were playing the Timberwolf. So and of course my next will be playing the pass. What's up, Morgan?
Speaker 9: All right, let's get back into it. Congress is advancing President Trump's.
Speaker 11: Quote big beautiful bill.
Speaker 9: The Budget and Tax bill failed to get out of the GOP led Budget Committee on Friday, but it advanced in a rare vote on Sunday night. Last night by a seventeen and sixteen vote along party lines. The four Republicans who opposed the bill in committee on Friday vote at present.
Speaker 11: House Speaker Mike.
Speaker 9: Johnson spoke to Fox News Sunday ahead of the vote last night and laid out the projected schedule for the bill this week. Let's hear those comments from House Speaker Mike Johnson, and.
Speaker 20: We're on track, working around the clock to deliver this nation shaping legislation for the American people as soon as possible. The Budget Committee will reconvene the sevening bill, get that through the committee, and the plan is to move it to the Rules Committee by midweek and to the House floor by the end of the week.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So the package includes a major spending increase for immigration enforcement and the military, extensions to Trump's twenty seventeen tax cuts, and cuts to Medicaid SNAP and clean energy funding. Now, GOP lawmakers are looking at changes that could make House passage more difficult this week, so they're going to be getting into that. Now, let's talk terriffs. I know Mimi touched on this a bit on Friday, but there is an update. So the White House says that it's in talks with Walmart after the retail giant said it will soon raise prices.
Speaker 5: Due to TIFFs now.
Speaker 9: On NBC's Meet the Press, Treasury Secretary Scott Benson said that he spoke to Walmart's CEO. Let's take a listen to those comments.
Speaker 21: Walmart is, in fact, they are going to the as you describe it, eat some of the terriffs with their consumers. The single most important thing is the gasoline price, and gasoline prices have collapsed under President Trump.
Speaker 9: So on Saturday, President Trump posted that Walmart should stop trying to blame tariffs as the reason for raising prices and went on to say that they should eat the terriffs now, Walmart CFO said the retailer will try to work with suppliers to key prices as low as they can.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: That was about a good point that I thought Trump raised because he said Walmart made billions of last year.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fall more than expected.
Speaker 4: He said, between Walmart and China, they should eat the tariffs and not charge valued customers anything.
Speaker 11: I can't.
Speaker 3: I mean, they had, They've made a lot of money. They do make a lot a lot of money.
Speaker 4: They are they're already overcharging people for things way before these.
Speaker 3: Tariffs right period.
Speaker 2: And everybody is by the way, everybody's charging high and the tariffs haven't been in effected.
Speaker 6: Everybody they charged in tariffees, which seems crazy to me.
Speaker 9: Yeah and yeah, yeah, Well we will continue to see, you know, keep you posted as to you know, how the tariffs and the trade war goes. Meanwhile, trus Ree Secretary Scott Benson also spoke about China. Now, the Trump administration insists that there's no retreat when it came to the tariffs on China. He went on to say that it's not a tip for tap policy that the US and China had previously engaged in, but he did say that both sides agreed to lower tariffs to open a window of negotiations to get a final trade deal with the country. Benson went on to say that he has been involved in talks with China, so hopefully things will start to ease in regards to those tariffs as well, and continuing with international affairs, former Vice President Mike Fence, he says it's a bad idea for President Trump to accept that seven forty seven jet from Cutter to use someday as Air Force one. Now, Pence tells NBC's Meet the Press that accepting the luxury jet would raise security and constitutional concerns to which you have said CTG, and he hopes that Trump will rethink accepting this gift.
Speaker 11: Let's hear more from former Vice President Mike Pence.
Speaker 1: Cutter has a long history planned both sides. They support Hamas, they supported al Kaieda. Cutter has actually financed pro Hamas protests on American campuses across the United States. And so the very idea that we would accept an air Force one from Qatar, I think it's inconsistent with our security, with our intelligence needs. My hope as the President reconsiders it.
Speaker 9: So the Trump administration plans to accept the jet from the Katari Royal and use it for the president's travel. Now, Pence suggested, if Qatar wants to give the US a gift, it could give US four hundred million dollars directly to infrastructure on their military base. So he said, why are you going to give us a plane where you could just give us cash? We know you got it. So that's Pence's lots in regards to that plane.
Speaker 4: The fact we are saying he should rethinking is nuts to me. The Constitution is clear that he can't do that. So are there no consequences for a president throwing his middle finger to the constitution. There's no consequences for a president doing what the Constitution clearly states not to do.
Speaker 9: Well, despite the fact that Trump has in fact sworn an oath to the Constitution, it is already clear that he has, you know, decided to do what he wants to do. And as far as punishments are concerned, you know, that is pending and to be determined. We are in it, in the thick of it. And speaking of semi punishments, it's like, let me get into this last story, and the people are saying the ancestors have seemingly entered the chat with this story, maybe punishing the plantation oders, y'all see what happened in Louisiana. Not Away Plantation in Whitecastle, Louisiana has been declared a total loss following a fire. The eighteen fifty nine plantation house was the largest Antebellum home in the South. Between one hundred and fifty five and two hundred slaves reportedly worked the sugar fields on that Plantationville Parish President Chris Dagel says the Notaway Plantation House is a total loss after Thursday's fire. Now, fire crews responded to the blaze around two pm and put it out, but it reignited about six pm, causing the roof to collapse. Now, the fifty three thousand square foot home was, like I said, the largest standing Antebellum home in the South, with sixty four rooms, three hundred and sixty five doors and windows. They've used this as a resort as of late, and it was built in eighteen fifty nine. It has survived numerous hurricanes and of course the Civil War. The cause of the fire is under investigation, but the owner is hoping to rebuild. A lot of people are saying that this is a, you know, an act of the ancestors.
Speaker 11: Would you guys think what happens.
Speaker 3: What actually caused the fire? Morgan crazy?
Speaker 5: We don't know, We don't know, you don't know yet.
Speaker 11: It's under investigation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I feel like the ancestors would have did this a long time ago if they had a power to do it. That's all I'm saying, Like, you know what I mean, I believe in my answers is all prae to do.
Speaker 3: But you know, come on right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hear I did hear it.
Speaker 16: They said they bold Annabelle Doll to the city and then opened her box or something like that, and then that happened.
Speaker 11: What just you just ask us.
Speaker 5: A damn question, a crazy question. I'm giving you a crazy answer. I saw, my gosh.
Speaker 16: They said that they bought the Annabelle doll and opened up the box and that's what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just if the ancestors wanted to do this, they would have done this a long time ago. You know what I'm saying, That the ancestors had the power to do this, they would have done this a long time ago. And plus, let's be for real, the blood of the ancestors is actually in the soil. It ain't just in the house, It's in the soil. You know how many enslaved people got killed on those grounds, so.
Speaker 9: Right, so very you know, we'll see what happens as a result of this fire, whether or not that owner we'll be able to rebuild. And yeah, we'll see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted. But that's your front page news for today. Y'all can follow me on social at Morgan Media, and for more news coverage, follow us at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at b I nnews dot com.
Speaker 11: Make it a great Monday, all right.
Speaker 2: Now, when we come back, Lynn Whitfield will be joining us, Miss Lynn Winfield. Of course, she's on season seven of The Shy and we're gonna talk to him a little bit.
Speaker 3: So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: The Morning, The Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is the DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne Dea God.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We got a special guest in the building, legendary, the Icon, Miss Lynn Whitfield.
Speaker 5: Welcome, good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: Thank you? I feel great.
Speaker 5: I'm happy to be back. Look amazing, Yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: You came back from South Africa? Is Zimbabwe?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 22: I came back from South Africa. I was doing a film in Cape Town. I was at all like two and a half months.
Speaker 3: Well, I was actually you spiritually and culturally.
Speaker 22: So spiritually there's a magnetic force there, you know, with Table Mountain, the Cape of Good Hope out there it's so powerful. So I feel very energized by the energy of the place and often saddened by the history of the place, you know, So I have to kind of balance that out and maybe not go to the Slave Launch Museum right away, and maybe not go to District six and you know, remember Robin Island and all that, you know, and just feel the energy of the place. Why it was so attractive in the first place, if people wanted it so badly and still do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to Cape Town for the holidays. I've been to Joe Burg. I've never been to cap It's beautiful. It's very beautiful.
Speaker 22: It's like a cross in topography between say, a San Francisco.
Speaker 5: And a Miami.
Speaker 2: I think it's like Miami. I always say Cape Town reminds me of Miami a lot. Durban is kind of like DC.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know, I haven't editor like Chicago Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how I feel. But I love it there. It's my fourth time in South Africa.
Speaker 2: Now you're on season seven of The Shy. Yes, how are you enjoying The Shy?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, I really enjoyed it season seven. It was great.
Speaker 22: I mean I went in for three episodes at the end of season six, and then I was invited back for all of season seven and it was great, so many young talented actors and an interesting storyline for me.
Speaker 5: So yeah, how do.
Speaker 3: You decide what you want to do now? Right?
Speaker 2: Because you've done so many things, and so many things have been impactful for our community. How do you say, you know what I want to do it? I want to work with the young bucks on this one, or I'd rather do this one. How do you decide what, Miss Linefield?
Speaker 5: I don't know when I read it.
Speaker 22: When I read something and my imagination gets to cooking and I can see where I can add something to it. My southern mother in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, who's now ninety four, Yama, she says, she says, well, she'll put something on or put a throat pillow on the couch, or do something, and she'll stand back and she'll say, I don't know, does it add? So if I feel like I can add something, add dimension, add deeper, meaning you know, thread something through a story that makes it better, I usually want to do it.
Speaker 5: Also, you know, I like.
Speaker 22: Roles that are a little bit showy that I get to do something exciting, and yeah.
Speaker 3: I heard you did that with Alicia.
Speaker 4: I heard that you said that you were drew to the role not because of what was on the paper, and that you needed to fill that role out a little bit.
Speaker 22: More, right, Okay, right, the possibility of it, okay, because it was only for three it was supposed to be for three episodes, so we have the first information was she wanted her son to go and revenge the death of her brother, which is you know, street culture, street law like revenge.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 22: So I found that very interesting to me because I don't really understand the visceral energy of people who actually are hurt, disappointed, feel lost and then turn that out into I'm gonna make somebody pay.
Speaker 5: Because it still doesn't make the pain go away, you know.
Speaker 22: So it was very interesting to me to take that journey and kind of figure out and fill in the gaps of how a human being can decide that because I'm hurting, I'm gonna hurt you, I'm going.
Speaker 5: To kill you.
Speaker 22: Hopefully it makes and hopefully that makes me feel better, you know, because I watched True Crime sometime and you know, I love our country.
Speaker 5: I love but there's a lot of gun violence going on.
Speaker 22: People are acting out in some ways that more violence will make me whole.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 22: That's a crazy concept to me, and so I wanted to explore that kind of psyche.
Speaker 4: Have you ever had the emotionally recover from a role you played and which one took you out the most personally?
Speaker 22: It's one that nobody ever, that people didn't really see. It was a part of a trilogy of short stories that was on Showtime years and years and years ago. The character was raped and when we shot it, it was a rainy day in Toronto. You know, the whole thing, the being thrown down, the invasion of it. Of course there was no sexual act, but it really took me a little while to process all that and like release it because that aggressive act was so harsh to my spirit, even though we were acting, I had to just kind of heal from it. And that was an unpleasant one and it took a while, and I cried myself to sleep that night. So my heart goes out to you know, women or any human beings who've.
Speaker 5: Been sexually assaulted, sexually assaulted.
Speaker 6: When you hear that in the news, did that bring you back there?
Speaker 22: When I hear it in the news that you know, again, it's the nuances of something. So we hear, oh, somebody was raped, somebody was sexually assaulted, but the nuances of actually that happening to you, your body being invaded, you being overpowered, you being overthrown. It's frightening and it's painful and it's helpless.
Speaker 4: And you've also portrayed like a lot of power, powerful matriarchs, right.
Speaker 3: I always wondered like, what did.
Speaker 5: You well, powerful women, they're not all matriarches.
Speaker 22: Sometimes they don't, you know, there are powerful women who don't have children, can't have children, that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I always wonder like, what did your mother ar even grandmother teach you about that?
Speaker 3: Like commanding presence that you bought to those growths.
Speaker 22: Oh no, I think that's an energy that somebody's kind of born with. And it's funny because my mother has this commanding presence and she's you know, in her youth was really beautiful and well groomed and all of that. Yet as her daughter, I know the nuances. So that's why I texture all of the women, because I was raised by women who have a lot of dimensions to them, you know, who have a lot of insecurities, and sometimes insecurities are all wrapped up and dressed up, you know, in fancy clothes or jewelry or perfume and you know, hair and all of that, But that doesn't have a lot to do with the evolution of a soul. So I find it very interesting to always go a little bit past the power and into the other nuances of who people are. So they're never just always powerful with no problems, without character flaws.
Speaker 5: They're not perfect.
Speaker 22: There are always some little missing link that they could make better that makes them not quite the person they want to be.
Speaker 3: We're still kicking it with miss Lynn Whitfield.
Speaker 2: Now I want to ask you about the evolution of Hollywood, meaning I don't think people look at movies as they did back then, and I wanted to get your thoughts on it, right because you know, when a movie came out, everybody wanted to go see that movie. But now I feel like we don't have that same feeling towards movies a lot of the times. Like I was just talking to Charlaade about the Clarissa Shields movie, and I was like, it was an amazing movie, but I forgot it came out it came out on Christmas and I happened to see it on a plane and I'm like, damn.
Speaker 5: This was a good movie movie and you didn't yet.
Speaker 22: Well, technology has sort of changed everything, I think, because everything is accessible. When movie culture was a family event, when people waited with faded breath to go and see a movie the opening of a movie, it was because they weren't going to see it.
Speaker 5: If you miss it in the movie theater, you might not see it.
Speaker 6: Until it went to Blockbuster. I'm telling my age, but yes, we went to blockbust.
Speaker 22: Until you could get it and block damn blockbuster Blockbuster.
Speaker 5: In a long time.
Speaker 22: But it was so like great because it's a family event. You know, everybody gets together, you go in. People even used to like want to look cute, They have dinner before and the family goes to the movies and shares this idea even I mean, I loved drive ins. Drive ins were great because we're going our pajamas. But no, it's not like that anymore because people have access. Sometimes they have access to the movie before it's in a movie theater. So technology has kind of changed all that.
Speaker 3: But does that kill the experience?
Speaker 2: Like we were talking about even sinners, Like he said, you want to see it on imax because the sounds and the reality and seeing it on airplane TV is not doing anything for it.
Speaker 3: What can I tell you?
Speaker 5: No, No, of course it's gonna be good.
Speaker 22: But when I trained to be an actress, you know, when I was at Howard, when I trained, you know, privately, after college and all that, I was training to be on a big thirty foot screen. It was not occurring to me that people would be watching my image on a three inch screen on a phone. That part makes me a little sad sometimes, Yeah, because I fell in love with movies and storytelling watching things on a big screen, or at least the Million Dollar Movie with my grandmother when you could you know, but this had been a movie and you couldn't see it anywhere else unless you caught them. You know, you caught the late night movie and it was playing again. You couldn't just on demand it somewhere.
Speaker 4: Well, what's the difference, Like, how do you approach it differently as opposed to Okay, I know this is gonna be on a film, big screen, it's gonna be on TV.
Speaker 3: Like, how do you do you approach it differently? When you act a little bit.
Speaker 22: Wow, Okay, when you know something is gonna be on a big screen and you trust the director. I'm so excited because I just to a thriller with Malcolm d Lee.
Speaker 5: That's what I was doing in.
Speaker 22: South Africa, and we know that it is made for the movie theater. Okay, So when a screen is thirty feet tall, you really can think of thought.
Speaker 5: And it will transmit. You know, you don't have.
Speaker 22: To show people what you're feeling. You can simply feel what you're feeling, and that's so beautiful. But if you know it's on a small screen, it kind of gives you freedom to.
Speaker 5: Be more animated.
Speaker 22: I mean, you know, on a thirty foot screen, I mean, don't I don't want to see people's lips trembling and all that. But you know what I mean, I don't want to see somebody, you know, if there's surprised, like eyes, but because that means your eyes are like fifteen, it's big, you know, and invasive. And I think film just pulls you into the experience, you know, and the smaller the screen, you don't have to think about it quite as much, so it can be different. But good acting is good acting believable. Acting is believable anywhere. It could be on the stage, a.
Speaker 5: Big screen, television.
Speaker 22: But there are little nuances that can change when you're doing it for a big service.
Speaker 2: You know you talked to earlier about our stories, black stories. Why do you think it's still so hard for black stories to be told and sold in Hollywood when you know, obviously we're supporting people are going to see, but they just don't want to produce them.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 22: The relevancy of who we are as a people, the entertaining nature of who we are as a people.
Speaker 5: The magic of who we are.
Speaker 22: Of course, is always being downplayed, is always being made less important than it is in every aspect of our culture.
Speaker 5: I mean in fashion, nobody.
Speaker 22: Is gonna say, wow, this is really something that was very much influenced by the raps that were worn by men in some you know, Western African tribe.
Speaker 2: Even a Metcallamy thirty one million, how much went to organizations that benefit black and brown people?
Speaker 3: It says zero.
Speaker 22: You know, I just came back from South Africa, a country that I love. I love this country, but that the supremacy of others and the self importance of others, and I feel the insecurity of our wonder, you know, being threatened by our majesty, our creativity. So it's constantly a threat to people. It's constantly being belittled and made less important. That's just the nature of it, because you know, I thought I would be, you know, just getting away from some things, being in another country for two night bucks.
Speaker 5: But it is so the three.
Speaker 22: I mean, I go to Victoria Falls, which which is called Mosa Tuna, you know, and that's the storm, the storm, the storm that unders. I think that's the tribal you know, Quosa. I think it's Culsa the language, and that was the name of it. So this English explorer comes the tribe, show him this seventh one of the seven Wonders of the world, and he says.
Speaker 5: Oh, marvelous, Yes, I discovered this.
Speaker 22: I think I should gift it to the queen and name it after Crazy. So that's Victoria Falls, you know. So it's a constant kind of wanting something that doesn't belong to you, or wanting to quiet things that are threatened to you or makes you seem less interesting, or is has commercial value, but you want to own it. So that I mean, it's the same story. Sorry, over and over and over and over again. So sometimes I feel like if we just keep talking about it, we're just romancing, you know, like, oh did mess Because I can't see white supremacy disappearing. I can't see the need to make others small to feel strong.
Speaker 5: I don't see it leaving.
Speaker 4: The hilarious thing about white supremacy is that we're not the threat to your existence. White supremacists are the threat to white supremacist existence.
Speaker 22: Well, of course, but when you get to the point when we're just even hitting the tip of an iceberg talking about cultural things, artistic things, and why you know, so just story which was so just play could be done and do all that box office back thirty years ago with Adolph Caesar and Denzelone, and then after that there's still a dirt or how you could have ladies sings the Blues and it'd be so incredible. But the thing, God HBO said, what twenty years later, let's do Josephine Baker?
Speaker 5: I mean, how many stories?
Speaker 22: So it doesn't matter often like what the box office is that it actually made money. They just don't see the relevance of filling out theaters with more. And sometimes we maybe don't even put forth the stories that move us forward. I mean, there's so much complexity and race in every corner of it.
Speaker 6: We're still kicking it with miss Lynn wit Phil Charlmy.
Speaker 3: You know, I love your longevity in the game.
Speaker 4: I don't think we applaud that enough in people, Just the fact that somebody can be around for so long and be so consistent. Right, was there ever a time in your career when you felt invisible?
Speaker 3: And how did you push through that season?
Speaker 22: Well, you were just talking about God, right, So those times when say, God, I've contributed, I've done you know, I've tried to do good work all this time? Why is nobody seeing it? Why is the continuum so? Yeah, that happens. And then I have to have faith that this gift that was deposited in me, this purpose that was put in to me, what is not there for nothing, and that the right vehicle will come or perhaps maybe what God is saying, well, you need to do the right vehicle your damn self, because I've given you all kinds of talent to do so.
Speaker 5: So you know whether or not I'm obedient to that?
Speaker 22: You know, well, no, maybe in our next conversation, but of course, and I get through it with God. I get through it with my love of storytelling, my love of acting, of being a part of this phenomenon.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't you be obedient to God telling you to make your own?
Speaker 3: What would even be to hesitation?
Speaker 22: I don't think it's a hesitation of I don't know if I should do it. It's the getic activity of what it takes to do it and to sell it, to see it all the way through.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm saying.
Speaker 22: Ryan Coogler is just so inspiring, you know, because he went all around Africa in many many countries before he did like, you know, researching. He researched the Blues and all those So I mean, so it takes. It's me wanting to put forth all the energy, effort layers that it takes in a craft that I haven't spent my life developing, like acting telling the story, but creating the story like taking a pen and putting it on paper.
Speaker 5: And I kind of always want to be good at what I do.
Speaker 22: So the sloppy copy, I just feel like, yeah, the sloppy coffee might scare the kind of you know what I mean, Like, oh my god, I can't do this, you know, like a blank page. So that's why it's not brazen disobedience. It's more maybe a lack of confidence.
Speaker 2: That is that a movie role that you turned down that after seeing the movie, it was like.
Speaker 3: Damn, I shouldn't have turned that one down. I liked that movie, or a part or a character.
Speaker 22: No, there were one or two that they didn't choose before that I thought I should have done.
Speaker 5: But then you know, you can never name those you no, no, no, we're not. We're gonna leave here with just it's gonna be smooth sailor.
Speaker 4: I've seen a lot of people on line comparing the role of Alicia to your Lady May roll, and how do you feel about those compared?
Speaker 5: I mean, they can do what they want.
Speaker 22: I think Alicia Lady May they have a kingdom and they're not gonna lose it. You know, they have what they have, They're not gonna lose. Lady May would not pick up a gun.
Speaker 5: And go kill somebody.
Speaker 22: She might pray you out of the church, but she wouldn't take someone's life. Lady May is a god fearing woman who feels that putting her faith in God will help her do what she needs to do. Lady May had a long standing love affair with her actual real husband, even though they had problems, so it was a much more organized family structure.
Speaker 5: Alicia's out there.
Speaker 22: On her own divorce by herself, trying to make something of her son, not having much faith in anything, so therefore feeling like she's got to take care of it. All they have in common that they're well groomed women, But I really pay more attention to the diversity in these women's emotional experiences, So for me, they're very different.
Speaker 3: Do you feel you get the flowers you deserve?
Speaker 2: For all the roles and the hits and the big movies and the big shows, you feel like you get the flowers that you deserve.
Speaker 22: Look, look, well, let me say I think I'm more in the market for like because you know, flowers wilt and die, so I'm good with I mean, I understand when they say I want to give you your flowers while I know, but you know, give me some diamonds, give me some things that stick that continue to to gain value, and so classics, so an opportunity to do more films that are stories that will be classics that will stick around after I'm long gone is what I want. You know, I still have stuff I want to do, you know. So the Black Critics Association aren't me this year at their luncheon, not at their.
Speaker 3: Evening big gala.
Speaker 5: But it was beautiful at the luncheon because it's more intimate and people.
Speaker 22: Gil Gil don't don't listen to Gill. You don't guilt, no, because people really talk real smack at the luncheon. They really it's not so formal. I really really enjoyed it, and I said something there that I really would not say probably at the galla, which is I really don't feel comfortable when people say, you know, on your shoulder as I stand, and honestly, please don't stand on my shoulders because I need to be laying on my feet. I'm not going to be put in some corner. And as long as I can just keep this. I heard that alt therapy and red light therapy really you know, tightened skin. So as long as I can keep it, then I have.
Speaker 5: So much I want to do.
Speaker 4: You are aging like fine wine, right, So what's the most misunderstood thing about being a woman who ages publicly in Hollywood?
Speaker 22: That there's some kind of neutering thing that goes on, you know, where you don't think of women as sensual or sexual.
Speaker 5: Beings or real you know, real women.
Speaker 22: It's stereotypical things that begin to happen in terms of roles and casting and writing. And that's what our black writers do it as well. It's not it's not a white Hollywood thing where this happens. It just happened, and it's boring. It's really a boring.
Speaker 3: It's going to be sexy.
Speaker 2: You can still be romantic. You don't have to grandmammy. You don't have to answer me.
Speaker 3: That's why I call you miss Whitfield, because if I call you Lynn.
Speaker 5: But that's boring though, But that's boring.
Speaker 4: Still got that everything, you still got the the sexiness.
Speaker 5: Well it's fun. And so I said, if I get this.
Speaker 22: Old therapy, just keeping ever things the.
Speaker 3: Now you put the mask on to the red light.
Speaker 17: I have it.
Speaker 22: I don't do it as often as I should, but I'm going to because that would be the only thing, just keeping everything tight.
Speaker 4: But the energy about you, it's the energy that you have, is the energy stuff and you those it's an energy.
Speaker 3: My god lord, yes.
Speaker 22: Yes, so that's it. I just think they do that and that's boring. It is so so boring. Wow, how they the stories that they write, how you how you're perceived.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what you're saying, They want to write you into parts that are they think a older woman should be playing.
Speaker 22: Basically, Yes, they want to write that in you know, comfortable world. Everybody ain't got children, they are barren women. There are women who never had children who are really interesting, who have a life. And even if you do have children, if people have lives separate from their kids and their husbands and their like appendage rolls.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 22: I'm very just fascinated by interesting women who continue to be productive.
Speaker 5: And have a life. And they do and we do, so I don't like that.
Speaker 3: Well, we appreciate you for joining us always.
Speaker 5: Well you all, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Season seven of the Shot is streaming now, Miss Lyndwood Pield, Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: You're quite welcome. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody, it's dj Enerji, Jesse, Hilarius, charlamagnea God.
Speaker 6: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 2: Lauren becoming a straight fast tell you she gets somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 17: I'm the long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on the things, the latest with Laura La Rosa.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit everything.
Speaker 6: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club talking to me.
Speaker 18: So the Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese banter is back again. I don't even know if it ever really left, but it always heightens up whenever the two ladies are on the court together. So yesterday they played the Fever, played the Sky in the Fever one ninety three to fifty eight.
Speaker 17: But during the.
Speaker 6: Game, maybe three fifty eight was a score.
Speaker 18: Yeah, ninety three fifty eight the fout. So there was a found that took place in the third quarter of the game, Angel Rees and Caitlyn Clark. So, Caitlyn Clark, did you guys see this video?
Speaker 3: Yes? I did, saw the whole game.
Speaker 5: I was watching it in a real time perfect Okay.
Speaker 18: So Saturday, by the way, Saturday, I'm sorry, so, uh see my days is having me in court is kind of making me all over the face, right WHOA sorry? But anyway, so Caitlyn Clark, I mean, Angel Rees goes to make it goes up to take a shot, Caitlyn Clark goes to stop her, but then they call it a they call a foul, so they called a found.
Speaker 17: They upgrade the foul and.
Speaker 18: Just at its surface, like if you're not a person that just sits and watches basketball all the time like me. I just saw the videos begin to circulate and I'm like, Yo, what was the issue? Why were they about to fight on the court. At first when I watched it, I felt like that. I felt like, oh, that was on purpose on Caitlyn's behalf, and I'm like, why is she so upset?
Speaker 17: She said there there isn't an issue.
Speaker 18: And then I went back and watched like some of the replays and I'm like, oh, now, she really.
Speaker 2: Was just trying to stop the ball from the time they charged it to a flagrofile, I believe, But it was just a regular foul.
Speaker 3: It was just a whole good basketball player.
Speaker 4: It was actually a good basketball player because the injuries had just pushed I forgot which teammate from the few she had just pushed the Kaitlyn was getting her teammates back.
Speaker 3: I have a problem with it, Yes, great.
Speaker 18: Well do you know that people turned it into a thing because there's been so much conversation around the ladies and the race and who's better and who's not in this and that and the third Yes, so cal it better?
Speaker 3: How like when you say better, what do you mean better?
Speaker 4: Kaitlyn Clark is clearly a better basketball player than Ariya, But.
Speaker 17: You know it's crazy because I don't.
Speaker 4: Andres is a good player, which they just played two different positions, Like it's not even the same type of game.
Speaker 18: But there's always a conversation about you know, y'all don't see that about who's better out of the two ladies, Kaitlyn or Anguries.
Speaker 6: I always was I don't see that conversation anymore.
Speaker 18: Okay, not anymore, right, But in the beginning, yes, And I actually started to watch some of the clips because I wanted to determine for myself. And then I was like, oh, Caitlyn is obviously really a great player. I don't know why they even have the conversation, but is amazing as well too. But anyway, they love to put the women against each other so instantly that caught the headlines that caught social After the game, you know, they do their postgame interviews. Caitlyn Clark actually addressed the situation. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 17: That's not making anything that it's not.
Speaker 23: I'm not sure what the ref saw to upgrade it, and that's up to their discretion after watching the initial whatever happened during the play, and then whatever happened after. You know, if we watch a lot of basketball, you it's a take foul to put them at the free throw line. I rather give up two points. You know, I've watched a lot of basketball in my life. That's exactly what it was. I wasn't trying to do anything malicious.
Speaker 11: That's not the type of player I am.
Speaker 5: So yes, was it anything like that?
Speaker 23: And I went for the ball, and that's clear as day in the replay.
Speaker 7: You watch it, you know it shouldn't have been upgraded.
Speaker 23: But again that's us to the refs discretion.
Speaker 19: But I appreciate it Abe having my back.
Speaker 14: I guess I don't even know what she did.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that. Yeah, what did it? Leo Boston get it technical for Leo bost didn't do nothing but break them up.
Speaker 18: I was about to say, she just jumped in and did what she should have done any normal person. That would have been your reaction if you're stating it right. There was a game in between the separate the ladies.
Speaker 2: She scored a triple double two twenty ten to ten, so Katy gets busy.
Speaker 4: It was a good triple double, but that last rebound she got was whack. She was already on the bench they brought her.
Speaker 3: But I don't want to hit.
Speaker 4: None of y'all talk about Angel re stat pad no more okay, and the irony of her needing the rebound for a triple doubles. She was going to bing came back in the game to get that rebound, So I don't want to hear y'all talking about areur restaff pad no more? Okay. We saw Kaitlyn Clark blatantly that on Saturday.
Speaker 17: Yep, right exactly.
Speaker 2: But they were playing basketball. It wasn't I don't think it was anything milicious. They were playing basketball. She was going for the ball.
Speaker 17: That's not the same.
Speaker 3: People going to win it all this year.
Speaker 4: By the way, that was my prediction before the season, after I saw all the changes they made due to their roster in the off season.
Speaker 3: They're gonna win it all this year.
Speaker 17: Well, Angel re spoke out to it was really quick.
Speaker 18: You can't really hear her in the audio that we had, but she basically she not basically she said basketball plays refs.
Speaker 17: It was a basketball player. The refs got it right. Let's move on, right.
Speaker 3: This is good for the w n b A the first game of the season. I love it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And everybody told me about it talking about the Yes, Listen, I watched the w n b A.
Speaker 3: It's good for the game, good for the games.
Speaker 17: I agree.
Speaker 3: The major reason Kaitlyn Clark, the robbery is good for the game. It just is.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 17: In other news, Tory Lanes.
Speaker 18: Remember we talked about Tori up here and all the conversations that have been happening. Now there's a bunch of different you know, people and anchors coming out and saying he was unfair and he was railroaded and all these things. Right, so uh, there has been a change dot org position position petition created for Tory Lanes to help him come home, and there have been some celebrities that have been speaking out about it over the weekend. One of the major celebrities that posted about it was Drake. Drake posted to his Instagram and he tagged the link of the change dot Org position petition.
Speaker 17: Why not keep saying position because we just talk about masketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, different positions.
Speaker 18: You'll be really having a decompressed like this weekend. I really tried to just like get it all out.
Speaker 6: Like, hey, yo.
Speaker 18: As well, he wants what you put out allegedly. Well, just Drake posted and he posted it to his insist where you could actually click the link to the change dot org petition and it said at Tory Lanes come home soon. In addition to Drake, you have a ti dollar sign that spoke out a bugie. Kodak Black posted everyone saying prayers for this amazing human rite and support him. Most importantly, pray sign these position petitions to get him home. Gillat posted, there's like now a whole movement because the people believe what a lot of these guys who are saying they were working on OPA is to reach out to this person and that person are saying.
Speaker 17: People feel like he should.
Speaker 5: Be come home.
Speaker 2: How's he doing the fact that he got stabbed fourteen times? Did anybody get an update of how he's doing?
Speaker 17: Yeah, we didn't get it, but yeah, reach out that we did.
Speaker 2: She said, I didn't reach out because I worked for her secretary.
Speaker 18: Because I'll be knowing where the news be going, and I'll be telling you to do things and then don't happen.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I'll do it.
Speaker 17: But anyway.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So Tory Lanez, there's been a report TMZ report exclusively that he is bouncing back big time after he was brutally stabbed.
Speaker 17: He says he's on the men, he's feeling much better.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 18: They say that the rapper was transferred back to the prison hospital within the last few days after getting the treatment at a medical facility in California, and they're told that his condition has now stabilized and he's breathing on his own, he's able to talk, and he's in fair condition.
Speaker 17: At this time.
Speaker 5: He is blessed fourteen times. Is insane? Where is the guy who'll stabbed him?
Speaker 18: Well, the guy that stabbed him in the same jail. Yes, what is he just asking me? Are you saying that the guy wasn't.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 5: Is he in the same Like what they gonna do with him?
Speaker 4: That is a great point, Like what did they do with him after he just tried to stab Torri Lanz?
Speaker 3: You don't keep him around to the second time before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's done this before. He's in jail known for that.
Speaker 18: He was placed on restricted housing pending the outcome of the investigation that they're doing into the stabbing by prison officials. But no charges as of right now have been filed.
Speaker 2: What all right, Well that is the latest with Lauren b So give it that donkany two.
Speaker 4: Oh, we need Donald Trump Jr. To come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a word with him. Please, all right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, wake up.
Speaker 6: If you're like to enter the breakfast club, la Maine, say the game.
Speaker 3: Don't get other shame Maine, you are don't.
Speaker 6: It's time for Donkeys to day.
Speaker 3: Donkey of today does not discriminate. I might now have this song today ride got the Donkeys Day, So we ever feel I need to be a donkey man.
Speaker 6: It's a breakfast club, bitch.
Speaker 3: Please don't keep the day today?
Speaker 4: Well at Sharon Donkey Today for Monday, May nineteenth goes to Donald Trump Junior. Now, if you haven't heard, President Joe Biden was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer that has spread to his bones.
Speaker 3: For more on that, Let's go to MSNBC for the report.
Speaker 7: Police former President Joan Biden announcing he has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer. In a statement his office announcing Biden was seen last week for a new finding of a prostate nodule after experiencing increasing urinary symptoms. On Friday, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, which has spread to his bones. The cancer characterized with the gleas and score of nine, which medical experts say indicates the cancer cells are likely to grow and spread rapidly, his office noting while this represents a more aggressive form of the disease, the cancer appears to be hormone sensitive, which allows for effective management. At eighty two, Biden was the oldest sitting president when he left office in January, dropping out of the twenty twenty fourth race amid concerns over his age.
Speaker 5: And help.
Speaker 3: Oh that wasn't MSNBC, that was Good Morning America. Listen.
Speaker 4: I don't care what your politics are. I'm no fan of Joe Biden, but I don't wish cancer in any form on anyone. Okay, you either sin healing energy or you don't. Anything else is pointless. Well, Donald Trump Junior decided to be pointless.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: He first reposted a message saying politics aside, we wish a speedy recovery. He reposted that and put agree one hundred percent, but that laughed about three hours okay, three hours later he.
Speaker 3: Posted this message.
Speaker 4: What I want to know is how did doctor Jill Biden miss stage five metastatic cancer or is this yet another cover up? He wrote that as he reposted a message declaring from a doctor, it's highly likely that Biden was diagnosed as president and didn't tell the nation listen full disclosure. I thought the same thing. But I'm not a doctor, Okay, I thought to myself. Prostate exams are pretty common. I went to get a second me consultation back in twenty twenty three and ended up getting.
Speaker 3: A proftet exam. Okay.
Speaker 4: I had my annual physical last week and they drew my blood for a proftate exam. So my point is proftet exams are pretty common. So I was just thinking to myself, how does a person who sees the doctor on the regular, mister, early stages of prostate cancer? How is your first diagnosis aggressive and spread to the bone. That's where my mind went, but once again, I'm not a doctor. Okay, so I don't know. And the best thing when you don't know is just to shut the f out, because when you don't know, when you ask questions that aren't coming from a good place or make statements that aren't coming from a good place, end up sounding like Donald Trump Junior. First of all, doctor Jill Biden, Biden's wife has a doctorate in education. Okay, she's not a medical doctor, so I could easily see why she would miss it because she's not a medical doctor checking for it. Okay, Doctor Jill Biden's educational doctorate is for those seeking leadership roles in education. Okay, that's what educational doctor it is for those seeking leadership roles in education. And MD is a medical degree that prepares individuals to practice medicine and diagnose, treat, and prevent diseases. That's the difference, Okay for anyone who, like Donald Trump Jr.
Speaker 3: Doesn't know any better.
Speaker 4: Okay, Donald Trump Junior thinks doctor Dre can do knee surgery, all right, Donald Trump Junr. Thinks doctor Seuss was a licensed pediatrician. He also said, how do you miss stage five metastatic cancer? Metastatic means cancer that has spread. Well, there is one problem with that statement. There is simply no such thing as stage five cancer. It doesn't go high and four. Gay, Okay, I know every on college is in America screamed in unison like it was a hard movie when they heard that stage four is the highest it goes. There is no stage five cancer. This is not dragonball z. You don't just keep leveling up past the final bass. Okay, that's not how oncology works. Donald Trump Junior probably thinks stage six is when the cancer starts voting Democrat.
Speaker 3: Okay, Don Jr.
Speaker 4: Probably thinks web MD is a liberal conspiracy and that board certified just means someone is good at monopoly. Okay, Four is the highest he goes. Four is cancer that has spread through distant parts of the body for the record. Three is cancer that has spread through limp nodes and nearby tissue. Two is cancer that has grown more deeply into nearby tissue. One is a small tumor that hasn't spread, and zero is cancer cells found in their earliest forms. Come on, Donald Trump Junior, if you're gonna be nasty, at least be nasty in a somewhat smart way. Okay, the question you was asking, it's a valid one. All you could have just reposted is doctor. You reposted and left it at that. He reposted doctor Stephen Quay, I think his last name is, who said prostate cancer is the easiest cancer to diagnose when it first starts and to watch it progress to bone mottusis I know I'm pronouncing that wrong. He said it would be mild practice for his patient to show up and first be diagnosed with metastatic disease in May twenty twenty five. Okay, it is highly likely he was carrying a diagnosis of prostate cancer throughout his White House tenure and the American people were uninformed about it. It was perfectly fine, Donald Trump Junior to repost that and leave it at that, let everybody fuss and argue amongst themselves. But you decided to put some sauce on it and ended up signing like a devil. Damn fool. Please give Donald Trump Junior to biggest sea hull. You're gonna shoot, you gotta shoot smartly. At least at least.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know that Donald Trump had a junior.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I didn't know. I know he had a son. I just didn't know that Joe was a junior.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, all right, Well thank you for that donkey today, sir, yesde Now we're gonna open up the phone lines. Clear mind, clear your mind, clear your mind. Eight hundred five, eight five one oh five to one. Have you ever lost a friendship because of a new relationship?
Speaker 3: That is the question?
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five.
Speaker 3: I'm not Taylor Happy belated born day Tailor.
Speaker 2: Now, Taylor, one of our producers who is is pregnant right now.
Speaker 5: She has the most pregnant you Tailor seven salute the big p.
Speaker 4: They hating on you because you got a little both day, because you're not started the family.
Speaker 3: So what happened, Taylor? What happened? Taylor? Blast them right now on plath Tailor.
Speaker 17: Its long story short.
Speaker 24: I had a friend, longtime friend, who once I got into this relationship, and especially because I got pregnant so fast, you is not that supportive from the jump, and I think more.
Speaker 17: Am more.
Speaker 24: So that's basically.
Speaker 3: So, y'all used to go out.
Speaker 6: Y'all used to do things together.
Speaker 2: Y'all used to go on vacations and trips and go to brunches and the clubs and go see Kendrick Lamar together.
Speaker 6: And now you don't take her, you take your boot.
Speaker 24: Yeah you should, but I think she and I think it was just more so she didn't like the change of it, and from that she it all happened when he wanted to throw me a surprise party, and.
Speaker 2: How she usually she throws the party, but now he wants to come in and jump on what she usually does. And he wanted to pick the DJ and where the venue was, and the colors are doing all that.
Speaker 3: We don't care about them single family lists, hefless.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: Have you ever lost a friend because of your new relationship? Now you got a new boot, and people don't know how to act no more.
Speaker 3: Because this happened to you.
Speaker 14: You damn right.
Speaker 6: You're gonna tell your third when you come back.
Speaker 5: Yes, there's a bunch of clowns out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, we'll get to a NeXT's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 25: It's topic time called eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody. It's stevej Envy, just hilarious. Charlamagnea God, we are the Breakfast Club. Now, if you're just joining us, we open up the phone line eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one, and we're asking, have you ever lost a friendship because of a new relationship?
Speaker 3: Taylor?
Speaker 2: Our producer came in here and said that one of her closest friends is really not her close friends anymore because she got a new boat.
Speaker 5: Taylor left this off becauseunless she got pregnancy brain. So I'm gonna say it. Why was all right?
Speaker 16: So Taylor's boyfriend was trying to give her a surprise gender revealed party, and the damn best friend told Taylor about the surprise because she didn't have nothing to do with planning it.
Speaker 3: And tweeted Taylor having a sun y'all don't need to come.
Speaker 16: That is not what she did. She already a clown. Don't make a clown. Yeah, that that would have been so petty if she did that.
Speaker 17: She told the girl.
Speaker 5: About the damn surprise.
Speaker 3: I just to study.
Speaker 16: Yeah, So then you know, that didn't discourage Taylor's boyfriend, so he was like, you know what that may Taylor? Man, He still reached out to the friend like all right, look, I don't know why you told her about it, but I made it seem like I canceled it. But I'm still gonna have it. We just gonna change the date and and you can still come and everything. Why she hit Tailoring told her again, she is a clown, That's what I said.
Speaker 5: She was never your friends. She wanted you she was, so this is the problem.
Speaker 16: She she was so used to having access to Tailor because she wanted Taylor to be that same single lonely girl when back with Taylor didn't know her.
Speaker 3: Work, that's right, when she was a single, lonely girl.
Speaker 5: Yes, and he's talking about these niggas.
Speaker 16: You know what I'm saying, Family, I helped Taylor get to where she yet today, that.
Speaker 3: Is exactly.
Speaker 5: But and.
Speaker 4: We gotta make sure Tailoring out here living a little stud life, you know what I'm saying. Because now that she got her bull family previous, like.
Speaker 16: She was all over the place and everything, we know this was just a friend exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, you're saying she's hurt because she had feelings.
Speaker 6: Maybe Baby promised to something else.
Speaker 3: It was like open up the box. She opened up the box.
Speaker 16: She may have you know, because it was a lot of things Sala was going through when I came around.
Speaker 4: Wow, listen, Taylor did change the girl's name in her phone the state property crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 10: Come on?
Speaker 13: It's kikik Do.
Speaker 6: You love me with some talk to us?
Speaker 17: Come on?
Speaker 13: And well, I'm calling because I had this friend. She got pregnant. First, she lost her baby daddy, and I became pregnant. I had to drive an hour away for something. I hold it for the baby, and I had a platinam man said do not go and see you get that black teaing ice became late and after that I got this full text message of I am not a good friend and I don't need that. She doesn't need my help anymore. Well, ten years later passed by. She has a family now and now she's trying to recandle the friendship. I just feel like at the time she didn't, you know, she lost her baby, saw that I had a family and doing things, she just.
Speaker 10: Didn't agree with it.
Speaker 13: Now that she has a family now she's trying to come back around.
Speaker 5: How you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Stay over there?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I kind of feel like I did everything. I put that baby baby shower together when you lost someone and I needed you there for me, and it's like, how do I even introduce my kids?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 14: Like how do we do that?
Speaker 5: It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't let ten years go past?
Speaker 16: I mean, damn, I mean I understand the frame of mind that she must have been in losing her child's dad and everything, like and everything. It was fresh and you know, you, you know, nobody ever expects for that to happen.
Speaker 5: She had to do it on her own time. But to let ten years go past, that's weird.
Speaker 13: That's like, hey, yeah, like, hey.
Speaker 5: I got what I want? Else now the line again, No, that's not how I go That's very crazy.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your call. Keiki.
Speaker 2: So the question is eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. You ever lost a friendship because of a new relationship?
Speaker 6: That is the question.
Speaker 2: Call us up now, it's the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 25: If y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 6: It's toughing times.
Speaker 25: Called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is stevej env Jess hilarious Charlamagne de God.
Speaker 3: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now, if you're just joining us, we're asking have you ever lost a friendship because of a new relationship? Now, this conversation comes from our producer Taylor, who recently.
Speaker 6: Just found out that her friend really wasn't her friend.
Speaker 3: Yup, you want to break it down what happened?
Speaker 16: Yes, she was a jealous clown trying to sabotage the situation. She was acting like she didn't like Pat. At one point she had told Taylor like, I'm just trying to protect you, like I don't really like like who he is, Like I gotta fiel him out more. And it's like damn like because she felt like because it happened so fast for Tailor, and this is something that she's been wanted, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So that happens though, that that actually does.
Speaker 3: Happen, hoteler, don't ever plan to be friends with this young lady tonight.
Speaker 16: Taylor tried, She tried, She tried to try. She gains she the girl again and again proves how jealous she is.
Speaker 5: And so Taylor don't want nothing to.
Speaker 3: Do it no more.
Speaker 4: She said that now to that girl with that baby registry and ball out. That's what's gonna happen. That friend's gonna go to Taylor's baby registry and ball out. Then what then we got to be our friend of game?
Speaker 2: Now it says you've been on It says you've been on both ends of what excuse me?
Speaker 15: I've been a friend that cuts somebody off and I've been the friend that got cut off. But now y'all have added a much more context to the story. Like before with the intro, it wasn't we didn't know about the baby shower and all that, But yeah, maybe she really not a friend. I was gonna say we maybe because it's the flag how long I be out there friends? Because you got to look at it from the objectives and I don't have any feelings for tailor though I would be looking at it from like the outside perspective, from both sides. Baby shower information, yeah, no, she kind of yeah. I think like.
Speaker 4: It was a gender reveal, not a baby shower.
Speaker 15: The gender reveal. Well, whichever, however, either one. Yeah, that was kind of bowl.
Speaker 3: What about them?
Speaker 4: What about them both potentially maybe being studs?
Speaker 5: She was never stud.
Speaker 3: Listen, is this something you want to clear before we get about it.
Speaker 5: Yes, First of all, that whole state property stopped phone.
Speaker 17: No, I did not.
Speaker 24: Never stud nothing like that anything. I would be a pro princeice.
Speaker 3: But that that.
Speaker 5: Happened with this girl, right, he.
Speaker 17: Has never happened.
Speaker 6: That ever happened.
Speaker 4: Clearing usself, Clara, what if she goes what if she go to your baby registry and ball out?
Speaker 5: You don't have it.
Speaker 1: Broke?
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 3: That was bad? I you just said that you just like I didn't.
Speaker 17: Like we got before. I was trying to give her time.
Speaker 3: To get together.
Speaker 24: I told her she owes him an apology, and she just kept dragging it out. It's been like six months or so.
Speaker 6: How were your friends like eight years?
Speaker 3: So she's a financially challenged.
Speaker 6: Family list.
Speaker 17: Did Yeah, she just dragged guy.
Speaker 3: So she takes you today and said, look my bad damn.
Speaker 6: Oh sorry friend, m damn. What's the marrow of the story.
Speaker 4: The marl of the story is man Taylor be stunting on you holes. Ever since Taylor got her man and got pregnant. She don't care about none of you family lists flex okay, you little single ass familyless.
Speaker 3: She looks down on you period. Okay. She looks down on you want you all to know that.
Speaker 6: Even even the ones that work up here.
Speaker 3: Okay, letting you know, just letting you know, just letting you know. Okay, you know who you are.
Speaker 6: You know who you are.
Speaker 5: And she's done the self work.
Speaker 16: You've done a lot of work coming to me every week, right, Taylor, go ahead and let them speaking of.
Speaker 24: Mic, you've got your work once that got close to the guide and everything else too.
Speaker 3: And no, that is true.
Speaker 4: Taylor did, Taylor did go on our spiritual journey. I remember she said some change ago.
Speaker 24: Okay, yeah, I'm with myself about like what I want and everything else.
Speaker 3: So are you lying?
Speaker 17: Ass?
Speaker 3: Single?
Speaker 4: Familyless, helpless? Get honest with yourself? Okay, I wrote a book about it. Get honest to die lying?
Speaker 3: Okay? Why why? Why your relationships're going to read?
Speaker 5: Everything turns with.
Speaker 3: Buy the book. And then after you buy the book, go to my car show the black tickets for the show this. You guys got to do it all.
Speaker 4: But guess what, you know what you didn't do. You didn't tell them to buy that book Real life, real family because they don't got none.
Speaker 3: Exactly now, exactly now, they.
Speaker 6: Don't have a family, exactly real love being able to help me get this stuff.
Speaker 3: Now, what's up?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll have it at the call show if you don't get it. But anyway, the ladies with Lauren's up next to the Breakfast Club. Good morning to breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's DJ Envy just hilarious.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with laurens wan be coming a straight fast.
Speaker 3: She gets them. Somebody that knows, somebody get the detail.
Speaker 17: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on you.
Speaker 6: That's the the latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 6: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Talk to me well and good news.
Speaker 18: I wanted to send a congratulations out to Jasmine Brown Jazzy to me Jazzy, watch Jazzy. She announced over the weekend that they are expecting their second child together.
Speaker 16: She was at Prickness and I forgot that that was this weekend. Yeah, shout out to Preakness out there at Baltimore City, my city. At the Pemlical Racetrack, we have Freakness every every May. So yeah, it was real big and shout out to Governor Wes Moore and the first Lady Dawn Moore for putting on a lot of the events.
Speaker 5: From the tenth to the seventeenth. Yeah, priess was real.
Speaker 18: It was a lot of people there, but she was there. Yeah, no, no, go ahead, she was there. But it was a ton of names and she looked amazing. She said yellow. She posted a baby bump and she was like, you know, we're doing Preakness. It's a mom and dad edition where she revealed her baby bumps, so sending her congratulations. And then I mean the news takes a turn because it always just does.
Speaker 6: Yes, it just does.
Speaker 18: Over the weekend, there was also video circulating of Antonio Brown got into a fight and there was gunshots that were lette off. He was detained by police over the weekend at a fight. He was at a fight. It was at aid Aiden Ross boxing event. So backstory of what people are alleging happened. So him, there was him and a guy. There's a guy who spoke out was nam Is al Karanian. I'm probably saying that wrong. You guys will remember this guy because he's the man who got remember the guy who did the palistin protest during the Super Bowl ran up there and they had to like come and grab him. Kendrick's set, so that guy is coming out and saying that he's the person that got into it with Antonio Brown.
Speaker 17: But basically Antonio Brown was there.
Speaker 18: The video goes viral of him and like the scuffle with a bunch of different people and you hear gunshots go off. He was then after the gunshots were off, He was then detained by police, but he was shortly released after and people were trying to figure out where the gun shots came from because there is video, multiple videos of this event, and a lot of the reports were saying that you could allegedly see a gun in his left hand as he was running, but nothing that has been confirmed. So Antonio Brown had to come out and try and clear it up. He said that the boxing event that happened, he was jumped by multiple individuals who tried to sell his jewey and cause physical harm to him. He says, contrary to some of the video circulating, because he does look like he is like just like going off for no reason.
Speaker 3: In the videos, a couple people look like they hit him, yes, but he's.
Speaker 17: Yes, he's going off police. He said.
Speaker 18: Police temporarily detained him and they received his side of the story and then he was released. He said he went home that night. He wanted to make it clear he was not arrested. He plans to be taking legal action and pressing charges on the individual individuals that jumped him, and he's going to keep people posted.
Speaker 17: Step by step.
Speaker 18: And people were wondering, Okay, so you're saying that you were rob but there were gunshots that went off.
Speaker 17: What happened? So this man's or Karan did an interview with TMZ and he gave some backstory on what he is. A leeging happened.
Speaker 6: Let's say listen what exactly started it? Did you give him a look?
Speaker 3: Was there like any Listen?
Speaker 8: I spent forty days in a Dubai jail because we were out there for Floyd. Maywea look like he tried to defraud me out of a multi tended design that I was trying to go talk to.
Speaker 3: I was going to talk to Floyd about being the ambassador.
Speaker 8: Long story shot, he gave me something the hole, but then he back doored and called the police on me and then got me locked up.
Speaker 14: Three years later, it came to a head at this Aiden Ross event.
Speaker 12: He went got a.
Speaker 14: Gun Ryan Wild gun fired one hundred.
Speaker 8: I was fed and so he's trying to steal off on me and then he went got a gun shot while fighting.
Speaker 3: We fight, He shot at me twice, praised me.
Speaker 4: Do I allow?
Speaker 5: I wasn't it.
Speaker 26: He runs into me after he shoot me. We're tustling him for the gun, fighting for the gun. We both get up off the ground. When I looked up, the police is pointing a gun at us. The sheriff is pointing a gun at us. That's when I threw my hands up. He runs inside and that's when they run after him.
Speaker 18: Now in the video, like, there's multiple and because people were live and it were streaming, they were doing all the things right because there's a lot of young kids there. There's one video that reports are pointing to where you hear the person recording being like he that you literally hear them say he has a gun.
Speaker 17: He has a gun.
Speaker 18: Boom, the shots go off and everybody starts to scramble. In the statement I just read to you, guys, ab does not address the gun shots. A gun or anything of that nature. And there has been no updates on where the shots came from from actual law enforcement. But yeah, crazy scraffle. It was so many people outside too, because it's aiden Rocks. Everybody was there, so it could have turned really really bad.
Speaker 4: But you know, one thing I was thinking about when I saw all of this, but what happened all that money that ab raised for that man that was lying about being at a job and his kids off McDonald? Wow, I don't know, we'd just be lating things, just gop all that money because he said he was gonna give Chris McDonald Chris McDonald, I don't know if he ever't even got it.
Speaker 3: No, his name was Chris McDonald. I forgot what his name was.
Speaker 18: Remember he said he was going to give it back. If it wasn't like true, I could reach out to I'm gonna look at us.
Speaker 3: I just wonder what happen. Chris Lewis was his name.
Speaker 4: That's the guy who who allegedly walked to his three kids from his apartment to McDonald's and left him while he was on a job interview with Then the police said he wasn't on a job interview and Antonio Brown raised all that money for him.
Speaker 3: I just wonder what having all that money.
Speaker 18: I'm trying to find it. The go fund me still up because wow, I didn't even think about that. Well, he got a lot more to worry about right now. But he didn't say he was gonna give it back if it came that the story wasn't true. He was trying to Maybe he was trying to do something good there. But yeah, heavy birthday to Malcolm X's his birthday.
Speaker 3: It would have been what one hundred yeah years old.
Speaker 17: I don't know why he was putting it together. Just see maybe than Michael Besage.
Speaker 3: People. I don't like people say that he would have been one hundred maybe well, oh you mean like.
Speaker 17: You don't know if he would have lived to actually.
Speaker 3: But yesterday is his birth birthday. That's right?
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is the latest with Lauren. Thank you, Lawrence off the court. She'll fill us in with everything that happened today with the Diddy trial. Yes, okay, all right. The People's Choice Mix us up next to the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's one of everybody.
Speaker 2: DJ Envy just hilarious, Charlamagne, God, we are the Breakfast Club. Now we got a salute to Lynn Whitfield, Miss Lynn Whitfield for joining.
Speaker 3: Us this morning. She looked good.
Speaker 6: How miss miss lindoo Field is about what's seven?
Speaker 2: That's right she has She's on sea He's seven of the Shy and you can check that out on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 3: Yes, man's lutherlan with Field. Amazing woman she is.
Speaker 4: And also I want to tell people, man, tomorrow is the big day Don Stalley, Uncommon Fable basketball North Philly, my mother, and the life lessons I learned from.
Speaker 3: All three will be available everywhere you buy books.
Speaker 4: Okay, so your bookstores, your Amazons, you know, wherever you buy your books. Uncommon Favor will be in bookstores tomorrow, so make sure you go grab that copy available via Black Privilege Publishing, Simon and Houston.
Speaker 16: And shout out to AC. I did Atlantic City over the weekend and it was amazing, man. A lot of our producers came out. Lauren came, she bought our mom, Taylor came and bought you know, her boyfriend who she got a good family by. She'd gonna let nobody mess it up, right, alright good And it was just amazing man to see everybody. I had jokes about Lauren. Lauren was the loudest one in there. She was cracking up, laughing.
Speaker 22: Yo.
Speaker 16: She she had a little She came down before the show and I gave us some shots because you know, that's all she came down there for.
Speaker 3: But you have to tell us the Joe Award of jokes and tailing about my job and hers now.
Speaker 5: Oh, nothing to do with her, No, because her wigs don't bother me, they bother you. She's not currently winning a wig.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 16: They are taping tape ins extensions, Shane tell you to exactly go do your googles and then come back and talk about it tomorrow. But this weekend, I'm gonna be in Connecticut, Mashintucket. Get your tickets for Fox with Casino. Be there this Friday and then Saturday, I'll be in Boston, Massachusetts at the Wilber Theater, me and my brother does the Alexander. Get your tickets if you have not yet. Just hilarious official dot com. Yo, Kelsey's amazing, It's amazing. Yes, I went for the brunch on Saturday.
Speaker 22: Yo.
Speaker 8: This is the thing.
Speaker 16: He shut down. He shut it down from me. I got there a little late, and you know they closed it too, and they open up at four. So he was like, yo, you can come between you two and four.
Speaker 5: Why it was people lined up.
Speaker 3: They was megas.
Speaker 5: They was like we see her in there. We went the full Yo. People really wanted Kelsey's that show.
Speaker 3: We're coming in.
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 5: They had to like like, yo, y'all can't come in until for They was like no, the lady came in. She said there. She said, well, I guess I'm taking my food to go like she was. She was not playing. So shout out to Kelsey's man. Shout out to them.
Speaker 3: Now, Chelaman, you got a positive note.
Speaker 4: I do, and it's an oldie, but goody from the Great Maya Angelou. You may not control all the events that happened to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
Speaker 3: Have a great day. Breakfast club bites you don't finish for y'all.
Speaker 14: Dump