Speaker 1: What's going on. Welcome to Rich on Tech. I'm Rich Demiro rich on tech dot TV. You might know me as the tech guy from KTLA five News in Los Angeles. This is the show where I talk tech with you. So I'm taking your calls live at three one zero five nine four three zero zero three three one zero five nine four three zero zero three. Welcome to everyone that is tuning in live on Facebook right now. Very exciting to have you guys here. So yeah, we are just going to talk tech and you guys can enjoy the company. So so many things happened in the tech world this week. I know we survived cyber Monday. Cyber Monday happened, and I know I did a lot of shopping on Cyber Monday. I'm sure you did too. I thought the prices were just phenomenal. I really really got some good stuff. I mean everything I bought, and I'm not going to go over the list of everything, but I bought a lot of stuff, not tons of stuff, like not that much, but I bought a lot and I loved it. I mean every price I got on there I felt good about and I love feeling good about the prices that I pay for things. I'm talking like, I want to get this, like these magnetic building blocks, and Amazon had a flash sale on them and they were like forty I think forty dollars off from what you would normally pay. And believe me, I have told you know. I've been searching for these prices. I kept a list. I was very smart this year. I kept a list, and I basically on Cyber Monday just went ahead on that list and went down the list and looked for the stuff I wanted to buy, and I got it all pretty much. I'm not going to tell you what I got because it's mostly gifts for people, but I'll tell you what other people bought. This is according to Ernie. Now. This is the app that I really like that helps you get refunds for price drops. If you buy something on Amazon or up to thirty other retailers the price drops within ninety days, they will basically get you your money back as a rebate. And the way they do it is they'll just ask your credit card for a rebate on the price difference, and it works pretty well. I get payper checks, which is kind of annoying. I don't like that. I wish they would some credit cards. I know, do credit you right to your card. I get payper checks sent in the mail and I get a bunch of them. In fact, I have a bunch over here. They're usually for two three four bucks. Anyway, the app is called Ernie ear and wy if you want to try it out. But here's their top ten Amazon. Number one item all new Fire TV stick and where's mine. I actually, I actually was one of the people that purchased that. I'm not giving this away. This is my Fire TV stick. I bought that as a gift for someone. I'm not going to say who, but I bought that. It was like twenty two dollars, I think, which was a great deal. Number two Echo Dot. Number three was a smart plug. Oh my gosh. Number three was a smart plug. You guys heard on the last show. I was talking all about those. That's awesome. Top ten at best Buy, number one Google Chrome Cast. Those things are just super popular because they're so cheap. It's like twenty five bucks and you get, you know, streaming on your TV all kinds of services. Number two at best Buy Fire TV stick. Wow Fire TV. People love their streaming TV. That's what it's all about. Number three Google Home Mini. Yeah, so number one, two and three, Wow, this is this is crazy. Amazon and Google just dominating here. And top ten at Walmart. Number one Google Home Mini again. And if you don't have one of these things, pick one up. You will absolutely love it. I love the Google Home Mini. It's a little personal voice assistant, it's a speaker, it can control your smart home. There's so many things that it does really well, and you need to get one of those things. It's just such a nice little device to have, one of my favorite devices. Next up Fingerling. So finally we get into some toys. So Fingerling is those If you haven't seen these things, you gotta you gotta search them online. These are a little monkey that sort of hang from your I don't know your finger And number three at Walmart was also the Fingerlings. Actually everything at Walmart is kind of interesting what people buy at different places. Best Buy obviously it's called tech first thing. Let's see Pie Face Game, Fingerlings, Disney Car three, Call of Duty, World War two, Xbox one. So there you have it. The top cyber Monday purchases over from Ernie again. Phone number if you want to call in you got a tech question, give me a call. It's three one zero five nine four three zero zero three three one zero five nine four three zero zero three. Phone lines are open. Yes, you can talk to me Rich on tech and we'll get through. You can tell me anything. You can talk about tech. You can ask me a question, or you can tell me your favorite gadget, what you're doing for the holidays. I don't care, We'll just chat. This week was crazy because there was an Apple security issue and Apple, I said, they've been getting a little sloppy. They have. We've seen a lot of issues with the iPhone and some of their Mac software. But here's the thing. When I say sloppy, Apple still comes out with amazing hardware. What they're doing is they're just getting a little slopy because they're delivering software a little bit faster these days. So it's nothing against Apple. Believe me, everyone's doing it because we live in a very competitive world. And the good news is that just because Apple is being a little sloppy with the software doesn't mean that things are bad. They can usually correct all these problems on their devices with a software update. And that's the good news about the world we live in is that ninety nine percent of the time, they're not hardware issues we're looking at when we talk about these bugs, we're talking about software issues. So Apple, this is a pretty bad one. Though. This happened with Mac computers, and the general issue was that anyone was able to log into a Mac computer without a password just by using the username root Root. And if you are running a Mac right now with Mac os High Sierra, you should have gotten an update automatically from Google from Apple rather because Apple said this was so bad that they just went ahead and sent the software update out to computers automatically, which is something they never never do, but they did it. They just updated your computer because they needed to. But I tried this on my computer. You just go in and you could basically take over any computer you want to by using the username route and no password, And it might have taken a time or two, but it just worked. And this is one of the craziest things I've ever seen in the years that I've been covering technology because it was such a large security hole. You can go up to any computer at your company, type in root, and next thing you know, you're accessing anything you want on that computer. You can go to your friend's house and change the settings, change the wallpaper, whatever you want to do without knowing their login. This was a very, very bad thing. Most people were asking, well, hey, can they only do this if they have access to your computer? Not really. If a hacker's good, they're going to get access remotely and they're going to take over your computer and figure out a way in with this with this password. So Apple has come up with a fix. If you just want to be sure, which I would do personally, I would go on your Mac computer click the Apple in the upper left hand corner. It's a little icon. It says about this Mac, and then it says software update that will launch your basically Mac app store, and you should see updates installed in the last thirty days, an update from November thirtieth. That's the one, and that is the one that you want to make sure is on your computer. But Apple did do it themselves. Phone number three one zero five nine four three zero zero three if you want to get through and talk to me about this. Did you do this on your computer? The crazy thing about this Apple thing is that I originally thought I had a fix for it by disabling the root user, and so I did a little video on that. It turns out that it would come back if you just kind of did something on your computer for a little bit, it would magically come back and you could re log in. That was the craziest part about this whole thing is that you really couldn't fix it. You have to do something kind of crazy and in depth, which is set a password for the root user, which I don't really recommend people doing because if you forget that password, you're gonna have a real problem with your computer getting in if you ever forget it. So anyway, that was a surprise that happened on Let's see A software developer publicized the problem on Tuesday, and then Apple basically became aware of the issue Tuesday afternoon and said they immediately began working on an update that closes the security hole. And I think I'm trying to remember the day that I reported on it. I think it was Wednesday. Was it Tuesday morning or Wednesday morning? I can't remember, But they basically by the time I went on TV about this, Apple had come out with a fix around eight am, so they were really on it all right. Phone number to call if you want to get in three one zero five nine four three zero zero three three one zero five nine four three zero zero three. You can call in talk to me about tech whatever you want. And again, you are listening to rich on Tech. This is the podcast where we talk all things tech. I kind of give you all the tidbits. Let's see what do we have coming up ways new and improved. I've got a new app that helps you save on your data, Super Mario Serial that's kind of cool. We'll talk about XM and car play and a couple other things to make your holidays bright here on rich on Tech. We'll be back after this. Welcome, come back to rich on Tech Live. I'm Rich Demiro, and you are listening to the podcast and the show that helps you with your gadgets. I tell you all about cool stuff that's happening in the tech world, you know, news you can use. I'm not just gonna sit here and talk about all the junk that's happening in the tech world. I'm gonna talk about stuff that you can act on, you know, new apps, useful offers, cool new gadgets, whatever. But you know, I'm not gonna sit here and talk about stuff that's that's far out there. I'm gonna talk about stuff that you can say, Oh wow, that's a cool website. That's a neat gadget. Right, that's a neat new feature I didn't know about about my fire TV. So that's the stuff that I concentrate on here. If you want to be on the show and give me a call and ask your question, it's three one zero five nine four three zero zero three three one zero five nine four three zero zero three. We've got seven to one four on the show, seven to one four. Who am I speaking with?
Speaker 2: Hi? Rich?
Speaker 1: My name is Corey, Corey. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: Rich?
Speaker 2: I got really random question for you. Sure, I got an iPad Mini four and I know that you were talking about the Apple situation. I know it's just for Max, but I've noticed that a lot of the features that the Sorry the iPad had is gone, and I'm actually looking to go to Sorry.
Speaker 1: That's okay. You can get a sip of water. That happens to me when I start talking to.
Speaker 2: Exactly Well it's a Friday.
Speaker 1: Too, Oh yes, Friday. That's I'm actually as we speak, I'm drinking a tea called throat Coat. So that's that's my reward after a week of talking on TV, so that might help you. Okay, So you're saying that your iPad Mini four, which is a new iPad that's relatively new, that's what my kids have. What's wrong with it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well I noticed that after a couple of updates, they've taken away a lot of options like books and video and like do you know the drop down menu that they have when you sync up. I actually was on the phone with Apple about that, and they actually took away a bunch of options that was in the beginning.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean like you mean like sinking stuff from iTunes? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna give you a program that's gonna change your life and it's gonna cost a little bit of money, but it's going to be amazing and you're gonna love it and you're gonna be able to put anything you want on your iPad in about fifteen seconds. Okay you ready. It's called Walter w al Let me make sure I get this right. T R Okay, w A L t R hold on? Uh okay, okay, Walter Too is the app. Okay. And what's amazing about this app is you don't have to deal with iTunes. All you have to do is open up this app, connect your iPad to your computer. You can drag and drop anything you want onto your iPad, music, video, book, whatever, and it will handle everything. It will put the artwork on there, it will figure out where it goes into ebooks or into the you know, the TV, the video app, or in wherever you can put anything you want. How awesome does that sound?
Speaker 2: That sounds really good. And I've been trying forever, trying to figure it out with the new iTunes, But yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to deal with iTunes. Apple doesn't care about iTunes anymore because that doesn't you know, they don't It used to be back in the day when people connected their iPad to their computer, it would be you know that iTunes was the way to get everything in there, you know what I mean. Now they just don't care because now they'd rather have people do everything wirelessly, sink it through iicloud, which they can charge money for. This program is forty dollars. But here's the thing. You can try it out for free, and I highly recommend you try it out. Download it, drag some stuff into your iPad. You will be amazed. Corey I mean, I'm telling you this thing. It's like the best kept secret. Nobody knows about this thing. You can throw anything, drag and drop music, ring tones, videos, pdf files. So I use it to drag and drop pdf files onto my iPad because then I use that to read anything. It's really really cool. So try it out. It's totally free to try out, and I think you're gonna love it. It's gonna give your iPad a new life.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool. Thanks so much, Rich.
Speaker 1: See you searched around everywhere. All you had to do was called rich on tech. So Corey, thanks so much. I love when I can help you out and you know, talk about something like that and and share. All Right, five oh nine, you are on with Rich five oh nine. Who am I speaking with Glinda? Glenda? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Not a lot?
Speaker 1: I hope I can answer your question as easily as I did for Corey.
Speaker 4: I hope. So. So, I was wondering, what's your opinion on between iphoned and the s eights?
Speaker 1: So the iPhone versus the Samsung. Okay, so let me ask you a few questions. What are you on right.
Speaker 4: Now while I'm on my home phone right now?
Speaker 1: But I mean, I mean, like, what phone do you use to use an iPhone to use a Samsung? What do you use right now as your cel phone? I use the eight Okay, okay, and so what are you not liking about it? You want to switch to iPhone? Maybe, well I had.
Speaker 4: An iPhone four, but now I have the SA Plus. But it seems like there's more better reviews on the iPhones.
Speaker 1: Well here's the deal. So here's the deal. iPhone gets a majority of the attention Samsung. The S eight Plus is a fantastic phone, probably one of the top phones of the year. So that's number one. You're dealing with an amazing camera, amazing feature set. You have every feature available on the iPhone on your phone except for a few things, and that's the apps. iPhone does have better apps. You don't get I Message and you don't get FaceTime right now, there's replacements for those. If for FaceTime, you can use Google Duo, but the problem is or a Facebook Messenger. But problem is, you know a lot of people know face time, so they always say FaceTime, FaceTime, FaceTime. The camera, your camera's great. Here's the thing. I mean, I understand that there's two worlds out there some people like iPhone always just gets the attention because it's iPhone. There's a lot of them out there. People love them, and they are They're an amazing device. It doesn't mean that the saight Plus is not a good device. So you know, now, if there's a feature that you need from the iPhone that you're not getting from the S eight plus, then I think, you know, maybe you switch. But if there's not a feature, then you know, I think you just stick with what you have. You have one of the best phones out there. You've got wireless charging, you've got a great camera on there, You've got you know, fast charging capabilities, you've got an amazing screen, you've got expandable memory. I don't really know what else you can want on a phone except for those things like I Message and FaceTime and some of the apps. I mean, I do get frustrated with my Android device when some of the apps I want are not there, or some of the features are not there. FaceTime is is the video chat that everyone uses on on iPhone, so it's kind of like a quick way to video conference someone, so you know, and people love it, but it's a it's an Apple specific thing, so who's your carrier with your phone? Verizon? Okay?
Speaker 4: Uh and this phone I can do I can face time people.
Speaker 1: Yes, well yeah you can. You can. It depends they have to be on Verizon. You can. Like when you call them, there's like a little green video icon. Is that what you're talking about? Yeah, so they do have that built in. But again it's not universal, not every that doesn't work with everyone you're calling, because some people, especially if they have an iPhone, that that feature does not work. So it really depends who you're calling. But I think you have a good phone, and I think you should just stick with it, Glinda, because you have one of the best phones out there. So I know this is a thing that I deal with all the time. Like Fomo, it's like you want fear of missing out. People have the iPhone. I think the iPhone is so amazing. It is great. But just because you have an Android doesn't mean that you know you're missing out on anything. By the way, while we're talking about phones, let me tell you about a new app if you want to save on your data. This is a new app from Google. It's called daytaly Da t A L L Y, And what it is is It was started out for people in countries like India and you know, like over in Asia where they emerging countries where they don't have unlimited data like we do. So my point is, this is a new app that will help you save data even if you don't live in one of those countries. So if you are on a small data plan like a one gig, two gig, three gig, four gig plan, you can install this app from Google and they will help you save your data. And so I had someone come up to me today at work and they're like, Rich, oh my gosh, when you mentioned this yesterday, I installed it on my phone and I realized that my phone I had an app on there that was using gigs and gigs of data. It was Samsung Pay, he said. And oh my gosh, I installed this Daytalian. First day I figured out that that was scooping up all my data. So again, this is a little if you want to, you know, take control of your data. You can say which apps are allowed to have access, which apps aren't, see how much apps are using, and you could turn off certain apps that use too much data. And they say it saves you an average thirty percent. Again, you can find links to everything I mentioned here on my website. It's rich on tech dot TV. I post the show notes for the podcast so you can find links after the show is aired, obviously, so it takes me a little bit of time to go back and put all the links. But you don't have to write anything down right now. You can just go back and say, what was that data app? And find it right there. You're listening to rich on tech. I'm Rich Dmiro. We'll be back with more of your tech questions after this. Welcome back to rich on Tech Live. I'm Rich Damiro. You were listening to the show that tells you all about the important stuff you need to know in the tech world. And it's not just for techies. You don't have to be a techie to listen to this show. In fact, I'm telling you stuff that you know if you're not a techie, you should know about because I'm trying to make it easy for you. Because we live in a world where there is a lot of technology surrounding us, and the default to ninety nine percent of people is, uh, I don't really understand that I'm not a tech nerd. I just don't get it. You know it's that defeated feeling. I don't want you to feel defeated. I want you to feel empowered. You're on Facebook already, so you're smart. You're listening to a podcast, You're really smart. You have an iPhone or an Android, so you're smart there. You may not feel smart at times because the device makes you feel stupid when you don't know how to do something. But that's why I'm here. I'm here to get help you get the most out of all of your gadgets, all right, So that's why I am here. A phone number if you want to call in with your question is three one zero five nine four three zero zero three three one zero five nine four three zero zero three. Christine says, you make tech easy and understandable on the Facebook Live. I've got a lot of people watching on Facebook Live behind the scenes. So if you're listening to the podcast, there is a time during the week when I go on Facebook and I broadcast the show live, so anyone is welcome to watch. Uh, let's see so many little things to go through. Let me let me take a call and then I will go through some of the more some of the items I want to get through all right, six two six, you are on with Rich sixty two six. Who am I speaking with?
Speaker 5: Anita?
Speaker 1: Anita? Where are you calling from, Anita?
Speaker 5: I'm calling from West Kobin and California.
Speaker 1: All right, awesome, So what's going on in your life?
Speaker 5: You know, I just had a question because I was really thinking about downloading Cody Kodi, but I just didn't know, you know, if you would recommend it, if it's like a safe software.
Speaker 1: Well okay, so yeah, it's a popular thing because I get it. People want to access everything for free on either Fire, TV stick or whatever device they have, so Cody allows you to do that. And look, Cody is not an illegal thing. There's nothing illegal about Cody. It's a piece of software that allows you to stream live streams, to look at movies, to get you know, whatever you want that's online music, whatever. That in itself is not illegal. What's happening is it's tapping into a gray market. And I don't recommend the gray market, so I can't recommend Cody. I don't the number one used to. I mean, yes, some people are using it in a very legitimate way, and that's fine, just like some people are using Plex in a legitimate way. But the reality is a lot of people are using these to get streams that are unauthorized. And I'm saying that in a nice way. Basically, illegal movies not illegal movies. Illegal movies aren't illegal. I mean, I don't know what kind of movies you're watching, but most movies are not legal. But my point is they're getting illegal copies of these movies, illegal streaming of these movies. So I do not recommend it. So go and everyone in the chat room that has listened to me before is saying, you know, Ridge doesn't like Cody because it comes up. I get it. It's being advertised, it's being talked about. Everyone is talking about Cody. Friends are at parties and they're like, hey, you should get Cody because you can get everything for free. I don't want to get everything for free. I want to pay for my content. I want it to look high quality. So, Anita, what I recommend Go out and get yourself a Chrome cast or a fire TV stick. There is plenty of free content out there that you can purchase. I'm sorry that you can subscribe to or purchase or watch on YouTube whatever, but yeah, I just I can't endorse the pirating that goes on on Cody, especially when I make my living on TV and you know, and building things, and I spent my whole life creating stuff, and yes, all the stuff that I've ever created I give out for free. I give out free advice, free TV. But I am being paid for that somehow, usually through a TV station, So I really can't recommend it, especially living in Hollywood. I know everyone loves that, but I think a thirteen eleven twelve thirteen dollars subscription to Netflix is going to serve you way better than what Cody does. So a good question, and Anita, I'm not beaten up on you. I think it's a fantastic question because so many people are asking that question. But I just want people to be clear about what Cody is all about. It's not just this friendly little streaming service that you can get anything you want on. It's really a little bit much more that people are using for that. Okay, all right, let me tell you about a couple things. So now that I've given my opinion on that, let me just tell you about Spotify real quick. They are doing a deal if you're a Spotify Premium subscriber, which you pay ten dollars a month for I pay fifteen a month. I'm on the family plan. You can get twelve months of Spotify for one hundred dollars, so but you have to pay it all at once. That's the catch. So but here's the thing. If you're paying for it anyway, I get it. We all like these monthly payment plans because it's just so much easier to think about nine dollars nine ninety nine a month versus ninety nine dollars all at once. But you do get, you know, basically two months free. And Spotify has sixty million subscribers, which is pretty insane, but this puts them in line with what Apple is doing. Apple has a quiet ninety nine dollars per year subscription, so once you're subscribed to Apple Music, you can go in and modify your subscription to pay ninety nine dollars. So if you don't know that, definitely do that if you can cough up the one hundred bucks all at once. I know not everyone can do that, and not everyone wants to do that, but if you're in a place to be able to afford to do that, you save yourself money in the long run. So let's see what's what's ninety nine dollars divided by twelve, you're talking eight dollars and twenty five cents. This saves you a dollar seventy five a month. I know it's not a ton of money, but it's almost a coffee. And I've stopped buying my coffee out now because I've realized the two dollars and forty five cents I'm spending on that Starbucks cup. I mean, I buy five of those, and that's my whole Spotify almost for the month. So I've really started to drink the not so good coffee at my work again because I got in this bad habit of buying Starbucks so many times. They opened up a drive through Starbucks right by KTLA, and I started going like three times a week, and yes, I'd only get like sometimes you get food, but most of the time I would get a coffee for two dollars and forty five cents for a tall I think or Grande I forget either way. I've realized it's like that's really expensive because you know, I buy that three, Let's say I buy that five. Let's say I buy it ten times in a month, right, which is not even that month much. It's ten that's ten times two forty five. That's like twenty five bucks. And here I am like sweating over fifteen dollars for Spotify every month. Anyway, Spotify deal ninety nine dollars for twelve months. That's something that you might want to look into. And I'll put the link on the Rich on tech dot TV. All right, we got seven to one to four calling in seven to one four, you're on with Rich? Who am I speaking with?
Speaker 4: Hey? Rich?
Speaker 5: How are you doing good?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: This is Bobby from Corona.
Speaker 1: Bobby, what's going on? Hey?
Speaker 4: Not much?
Speaker 2: I was wondering.
Speaker 5: I'm in the market for.
Speaker 3: A iPhone se like thirty two gigs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you wondering about it?
Speaker 5: Oh? I was just wondering what would be the best avenue for me to get a great deal on that, Like would you recommend.
Speaker 1: New or used or I mean if you want website, if you want to save money on it, I mean the Okay, so the SE is basically kind of Apple lowest priced iPhone. You can buy it out the door. Let's see how much that's three hundred and fifty dollars out the door, and you can also get that unlocked as well, which means you can use it with any carrier. So three hundred and fifty bucks is pretty cheap for an iPhone not as high powered as some of the other iPhones, But people really like this phone because it's small. It does the job. You know, there's not much to it. It just works. You know. It looks like the old iPhone five I believe, or iPhone four. I can't remember when they redesigned it, But okay, if you don't want to buy it through their website. If you want to buy a used iPhone, there's a couple of websites I recommend, and the one the easiest that has the most stock is probably gazelle ga Z E L L E. And if I look at the iPhone s on there, you're looking at a let's see, you can get a thirty two gigabyte model for two hundred and thirty nine dollars, so that's pretty good. You can get an unlocked sixty four gigabyte model for two hundred and sixty nine dollars. Now, I do think that they just recently updated the specs on this thing, so I think you have to kind of look out and make sure. Yeah, the latest one has the A nine chip. So if you're getting an older model and it has that older chip in it, that may be a problem because some of the new apps do require more horsepower, and that's what you're gonna miss by getting this thing used. But Bobby, if you want just a good old fashioned phone that's not that expensive, you want to save a hundred bucks, you don't really care, then go check out Gazelle. The other one I like is glide dot com g l y d e dot com. Glide is a great place to buy used items as well. And if you want to sell stuff, by the way, you can use either of these websites. So Glide and Gazelle, we'll give you those as well. And of course there's always eBay and Craigslist. You can do that as well. I'm not a fan of Craigslist as much, but I think eBay. I love eBay. It just takes a little bit more work. So, Bobby, thanks so much for calling in to the rich on Tech podcast. I appreciate it. All Right, you're listening to rich on Tech. We're gonna have more of your tech questions after this, and uh, let's see. Yeah, I'm gonna talk about Super Mario serial. I'm gonna get through a couple of things I want to mention because there are some cool things happening, so I'll get to those after this. Welcome back to rich on Tech Live. My name is rich Demiro. The website is rich on tech dot tv. This is the podcast and live show for you watching on Facebook that talks all about the technology that you actually use, news you can use. There's an idea, not just some tech nerd talking about all stuff. I mean, look, I can go off forever about all the stuff that I love to talk about, like the nerdy stuff. But I'm trying to give you guys information. That's what I'm here for. I know you got jobs. I know you got things to do. I know you got kids to feed and places to go. You're not keeping up with all this tech stuff. So that's what I'm doing, and that's what I'm telling you. So a couple of things just want to get through before we take another call. Serious XM if you have that, if you have the iOS app and you have car play. While the app was just updated to support car play, so now you can get Serious XM through CarPlay, which I know it's a satellite service. Why would you need it? But all this stuff, But I could see where this could be useful. So in my use case, my wife subscribes to Serious XM. I could see myself adding the SERIOUSXM app subscription to my subscription and then I can use it in my car with CarPlay, so or if you're in a rental car, whatever. There's a million different reasons why you might want this, but yeah, kind of cool. So if you have the iOS app for SERIOUSXM, you plug it into car Play and it will work, so you can use that in your car. Let's see what else I once I tell you about this. Amazon, if you have an Amazon fireTV or a fireTV stick, they now have a web browser that they have launched for the fireTV. So now you can surf the web on your TV. And yes, you probably don't want to do this very often, but the reality is this is kind of a neat thing that Amazon has done. And so all you have to do is search in the app store on Amazon for Silk web Browser. Silk web Browser and this is Amazon's web browser, So if you search for that, you can download it installed. They're not installing it automatically, but once you install it, you can literally just search the web on your TV screen. Now I know you guys are thinking a step forward. You're saying, well, whoa, whoa, Can I watch the KTLA live stream through this because they're live streaming. Yes, you can, so that's really cool. But there's a caveat. I've noticed in testing that every time it hits a commercial break, the stream breaks and it does not come back. It doesn't recover. So you can watch the show and tune in and watch it live stream and it looks amazing. You can even put it full screen. But once a commercial break hits, the live stream is broken, it doesn't recover. You have to refresh the whole page for it to come back. But if you have an Amazon Fire TV, definitely download the Silk Web browser and you can. Now you know, for those little times when you want to surf something on your TV, you can do it. You want to do a quick search. It's not going to be for all your searches. You have your iPhone or your Android right next to you, so you don't really need to surf on the TV, but sometimes you might. I remember I was watching a concert one time and it was live streaming and I basically just put the live stream on my web browser on my TV and I watched it that way. It was pretty cool. It wasn't the best quality, but it worked ways new, big, big update for iOS and Android. Three main things you need to know about. First, there is a motorcycle option, so you can set your car type to motorcycle and it will give you better routes optimize for motors cycle drivers. That's number one. Then they have a new feature called talk to Ways, so once the app is running, you can say okay, Ways, and you can use voice commands so you can initiate your drive, get directions, send reports, which I think is gonna be the interesting thing. So the reports is, you know, you can say like there's an accident right here or whatever. That's really cool. So you have to turn that on. You got to go to settings and toggle listen okay for Ways on. And then they also have which is really cool and I always wondered about this carpool support. So now you can basically say I want to take the carpool lane and it will tell you if the car pool lane is going to be any faster than the regular lane, and So that's an amazing idea. I don't know how well it works. I've not tried that, but I always wonder that if I'm driving, I'm like, oh, I wonder if the carpool lane is any faster or if it's just a facade. And so now ways will be able to tell you, and if you have a carpool they'll be able to say, hey, take the carpoll lane, or they can optimize your route for the carpool lane. Have HOV support in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington, DC, and Wisconsin. Really cool, big old updates and uh yeah, okay, I'll tell you one more thing. Let's take a phone call. We've got six six one calling sixty six one. Who am I speaking with?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: Richard's Greg from Antelope Valley.
Speaker 1: Hey, Greg, what's up? Not a whole lot? Hey, you've been watching the show for a while. Has it gotten better over the past couple months or what?
Speaker 3: Yes, definitely had.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've figured things out finally, and.
Speaker 3: I'm watching you on my big screen TV thanks to Chrome cat.
Speaker 1: Oh nice. Well, I'm sure the people that watch that I've watched from the beginning are kind of sad because everyone loves when people will have problems and mess up. You know, it's kind of fun to see that happen. So I know you don't get as many of those moments and you're like, oh, I feel bad for rich right now, but you know whatever, we get a better show out of it. What's going on? Greg?
Speaker 3: I had a question if you knew anything about the four sinc IREI, what do you want to know about it? When I connect my iPod, not my iPhone, My iPhone works fine, but when I connect my iPod sometimes that it works fine. But then sometimes it's like if I just connected for the first time and it has to re.
Speaker 1: Oh kind of reindexes, right, yeah, right, I think that's what it's doing. It's just basically reindexing what it sees on your Yeah, it's been a long time since I connected an iPod to one of my cars, but uh, yeah, it basically indexes everything that's on there first, so it can kind of give you that tree on your screen right, and it takes a little bit and that's what's happening. Yes, yeah, I think my If I had to guess Greg, I would say that the iPod is probably no longer a priority with SYNC and so they're probably not really actively coming up with updates for that program. Now. The reality is it should just work because it's you know, the iPod is like the standard issue, you know what I mean, Like that was the thing these were all invented for, and but nowadays most people are connecting their iPhone, so I think ways has been more focused on the car play and the Android auto aspect of things. And yeah, so why are you still connecting the iPod? You got a pretty good collection on there or what.
Speaker 3: I have an iPod Classic which is one sixty you know, gigabytes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can buy everything on there, right right, So yeah, I've I've often wondered if I should do that, because I would it's kind of nice to put just an iPod in there and then your music is just always there so you don't have to like connect your phone every time. But I use my phone in my car and I listen to a lot of podcasts too, so I get I get both the best of both worlds. So all right, all right, well.
Speaker 3: Good luck with that, okay, Well, thanks, good day.
Speaker 1: Greg, Thanks for calling in. Appreciate it. Greg. One of the first and we've got You know, there's like that old thing on the radio shows where people are like longtime listener, first time caller. That's like most people, but for me, I get I've a couple of people that call a lot. And I love it because that used to be me. By the way, when I was younger, I used to call radio shows all the time. I love the radio. It's so much fun. Isn't a great medium and it's kind of weird. I love that I can mix the radio with Facebook Live because it's kind of two and one. All right, let's see if I can answer this question real quick. Seven to one four. You're on with Rich seven to one to four. Who am I speaking with?
Speaker 2: You're speaking with James?
Speaker 1: James? What's up?
Speaker 5: Hey? How you doing today?
Speaker 1: I'm fantastic. It's Friday. How could I be doing bad? Ah? Yes, it's great.
Speaker 2: Uh My question for you is.
Speaker 5: Is there any wireless.
Speaker 2: Charging out there for the iPhone six s plus?
Speaker 1: Yes? There is? Uh so look up a company. There's actually a lot of ways you can accomplish this, but the one I know that's the best Bezl b e Z A L E L Bezl dot Co. And you can basically buy So here's the thing. So you're not gonna get the native you know wireless charging that you have on the iPhone eight. You know, it's like the basically the clean I call it clean charging because you basically just lay your phone down on a charger and it charges. How these work is you basically have to get a case that you put on your phone and then it plugs the bottom of the case has like a little thing that pulls out and plugs into the lightning jack and then you can lay that phone on a wireless charger and it will charge. So that that's what you do, and you can get they have a whole setup. I mean, you can get the case, you can get a little holder for your car so you can do wireless in your car. I mean, there's a lot of things you can do with this. This is the one I know about. But it's b A B e Z A L e L dot Co Bezl And yeah, they definitely have this six six success uh covered for so and I've tried it. It's the case is really nice. It's like a it's a pretty slick case, so it's not like a giant case that you have to put on your phone. So but yeah, you can add the wireless charging to your your iPhone. Success.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, and you have a good dan.
Speaker 1: Ye you sound really good, all right, James, I appreciate it. I'm glad that after three years of trying to do this show, I can finally get it to work for the forty minutes I'm on here all right. Before I go, I want to tell you about Super Mario Cereal. How cool is this? Nintendo and Kellogg's teaming up for Super Mario Odyssey Cereal. Well, Super Mario Cereal. So I've been playing the heck out of this Super Mario Odyssey game. My little six year old is obsessed with this game. So I've been playing it by de Fall as well, and I think it's fun. I mean, this is I haven't played a Mario game in a while. This is just so much fun. Right now, we're on the gosh, what are we on the deep Woods world or whatever it's called to one that's all wooded. So if you're playing it. You know, you know what I'm talking about. But yeah, so basically coming out on December eleventh will be limited edition cereal. Now look, this is not healthy cereal. This is Lucky Charms that looks like Super Mario. So I don't care. I mean, don't, don't, you know, kill me for telling you about this sugar filled cereal. I survived eating eating it as a kid. I think you'll survive. And so no big deal. I mean, come on, let's live a little bit. You can have your you can go back to your special k after you, you know, get off your soapbox. So don't don't don't be mad at me for telling you about a sugar filled cereal. But the cool thing about this cereal is that not only is it gonna be sweet and delicious and filled with sugar, but you can tap the cereal box on the Nintendo Switch system. It acts like an ambo. So if you're familiar with Nintendo amibos, are these little amibo. It's not plural. Amibo is a little character that you can tap on the Nintendo system and you can, you know, save your life whatever. You can do a lot of different things with these little characters. Kind of like an NFC chip inside that makes these work. But when you tap the Cereal box to the switch game, you will get gold coins or a heart, so that's pretty cool. And sometimes you need that extra heart when you're playing Super Mario Odyssey because yeah, there's some times that I've had to cheat because I couldn't find my way out of a world. I don't want to admit it, but yeah, anyway, December eleventh, and I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I do believe I'm getting a box of this next week, ahead of some people, so I can't wait. I am looking forward. I'll probably do a Facebook live and taste test it on Facebook. All right, that's gonna do it for the show. Thanks so much for joining me. I'm Rich Demiro and if you want to know more about me, you can go to rich on Tech dot tv. But you found this show, so I'm guessing you already know that. Please please please follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Facebook dot com slash rich on Tech, Instagram is rich on Tech, and Twitter is rich DeMuro And I think that's about it. If you love this podcast, please share it, share, spread the word with other people, friends, family, that's the only way we're gonna grow here. Folks, don't keep me a secret. So if you want, you can tweet out a screenshot of the podcast, let your friends know that you're listening to it or watching. On Facebook, you can share it, and of course I will have the show notes. We talked about a lot in the show today, so I will have the notes on the website richon tech dot tv. That's gonna do it for this episode. Thanks so much for watching. Have a fantastic rest of your week no matter where you are, and I will see you next time.