Speaker 1: Here's Wheezy's fucking actual guitars, Like this is what's actually coming through, like to the board.
Speaker 2: And they were like making it sound good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's ones where like people were like, oh this is like people were like they're sweetening it up, or like had a stunt guitar player. And then there's where the ones that are just because it also set off a thing of people. Note for note trying to.
Speaker 2: Guitar.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is definitely slacks.
Speaker 2: Fred Slack.
Speaker 3: Fla, what the fuck? Yeah, that's that's nice. You're run all the day?
Speaker 1: Oh no, Wow, he's doing a reference to what's in the cup with a real Oh my god. He is so fucking he really, I don't know what it is. I mean, like, was it that the drugs has completely ruined him or that the drugs got him to a place and then we really can't expect much more after. I'm really trying to figure out what this is, who he is, what he is? I was like, I mean it was the dreads. I was just I think because like for me, I was never really like a big Wheezy fan in that era, like in the you know, the main Carter's era. I just like every now and then people be like, oh, that bar is crazy. I'm like, Okay, that's fine, Like that's like a triple on Tundra.
Speaker 2: But then yeah, real G's moving silence like Lasagnas. He'll always have that, like that's just goes in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, period, he's kind of something. He's just somethimes like I smoke a pure L Sanitizer.
Speaker 2: It's like a bar.
Speaker 1: He said in like one of the first tracks. I'm like, this feels like even not as good for you Wayne, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Pure sanitizer. Yeah. He does the thing like where he'll like drop in the punchline like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and he definitely like made that a huge thing. And it was like, uh, you know, a trail pioneer and not a pioneer, but like, you know, popularize that kind of delivery.
Speaker 2: Pioneer and chronic Shirtlessness put a shirt on Brian such an old guy. Take damn pioneer and chronic Shirtlessness. Put some dang clothes on those things mentioned the girls he's going around with. Oh no, did you see uh do you know who chet Holmegren is? I mean I know who he is. He walked into game one with his pants like just all the way down. Why I don't know it's bringing something back. It was one of the most ridiculous no no, no, like just like the sag that people that I did in the early nineties. Yeah, ok, I'm talking Chet Holmegrin. Oh the sag that he was coming into game one because he's it just like emphasized his like pure asslessness.
Speaker 1: You know. Oh, I fucking hate Chet Holmegrin.
Speaker 2: I think I feel.
Speaker 1: Sorry for no, dude, I don't. I don't know. I don't even have that bro. I fucking hate this guy. I just don't like anything he's giving us ever.
Speaker 2: I mean, his name is chit, his name is Chet.
Speaker 1: I mean it was funny when I was like, oh, yeah, he looks like Abe Lincoln's Molly Dealer. I was like, perfect, I don't want to hear you talk. I just want to look at you. And then the more I hear him talk, like I said that video when he's y are my favorite books?
Speaker 2: Oh, bru. There's this video of him showing off his favorite books and they're like coffee table books with like pictures of watches and then like coffee table books with like Virgil stuff, and it's just it's giving, like you know somebody who.
Speaker 1: Just watched it, Brian, you judge for yourself. This is Chet Holmegrin. This is like a GQ vide where you're talking about shit. He can't live with that.
Speaker 2: We're moving on, oh instantly, just looking at another.
Speaker 4: One of my cute ten essentials is all of my like I call them coffee table books because a book.
Speaker 1: He talks like Donald Trump, bro we, I call it coffee table, buffy table, but something I call him by the production, by passion, the company that makes them more resolute.
Speaker 4: When I'm just kind of kicking it at the crib or I need some inspiration.
Speaker 2: I open one of these.
Speaker 1: Up, and you need inspiration for what Chet.
Speaker 4: This is like all of the different jewelry that's been in hip hop in the last like twenty years. Another reason I also loved these books is I dropped out of college, so too many words in the page kind of hurts my brain.
Speaker 2: So it's always good.
Speaker 4: When Yeah, a lot of pictures in there, which I think is pretty cool. And you know, I got all different variations of these.
Speaker 2: That one's jewelry, you got variations. I got all different variations of these, So calling different books all different variations of these. It's like he's talking about shoes or something.
Speaker 1: Not even it's like the one shoe. It's like you had air Force ones and he has.
Speaker 2: He thinks of book as a type of shoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got all. I got other color ways to go one racing.
Speaker 2: I got a yellow book.
Speaker 1: And this pink book the other day. It's pretty cool, I mean, and it's I guess it is. There's something endearing that he knows. He's He's like I dropped out of college.
Speaker 2: I dropped out of college. So too many words to hurt my brain. It's like I was saying, like I've know I knew somebody who I got in a moped accident and like stopped their brain stopped developing at that point, like when they were like twelve. And like, I think just fame and being really good at basketball did that to this just Demolition Man. Fame is like a moped accident. Yeah, fame is like a buped accident that hits you at your Like once you stop having to like interact with the world around you in a real.
Speaker 1: Way, you just like you will not grow anymore.
Speaker 2: You're not growing anymore. You're just like and I I mean, like he's that's what happened to Gary Busey. I mean he actually got into it. He got.
Speaker 1: Yeah plus TB I.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah it did like that that video actually made me sad for real, it made.
Speaker 1: It made me sad. But then I'm like, not sad because he's fine materially, like he knows he's not like a person who has this intellect and no financial That's why I'm like, now, fuck you.
Speaker 5: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of Night Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My name is Jacob Brian. There is mister Miles oh Man.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, Wow, what a weekend, What a end, nothing happening at all.
Speaker 2: We stopped recording right as like we stopped recording for last week, right as the Epstein tweet hit, and I didn't have somebody behind me whispering into my ear, sir, an Epstein tweet has hit. The internet just fired off an Epstein tweet. Yeah, and so yeah, I know a lot of people were like, please tell me trends. You guys recorded trends after the tweet. This is this is that we will get to.
Speaker 1: This is that we'll get to that, we'll get into the false flag operation that's happening in la as we cheez It's trying to bring martial law to the US.
Speaker 2: It's anything, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We might even get to Lil Wayne's terrible new album.
Speaker 2: I tried to disagree, man. I Well, so I'm a big Weezer fan, both Weezy and Weezer, and they're finally together Weezy Wheezery.
Speaker 1: That feels like a twenty twelve era internet mashup album, like like a yeah easy X, yeah easy X Weezy Weezer. Anyways, a lot going on For people who don't know.
Speaker 2: Lill Wayne dropped an album that some are calling a brick and it's uh. It has a cover of just a Weezer song Straightforward when You're Run, just him saying that straightforward, except except it says sip sip instead of Anyways. This is the episode where we tell you what was trending over the weekend. But we also up top like to get to know each other ourselves a little bit better by telling you something we think is overrated, something we think is underrated. Miles, is there something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Overrated? Macha, macha, macha, Sorry, sorry, y'all, it's over. Not as a drink because that ship bangs and it's wonderful. As a fucking trend, it's too much everything. I don't know if I'm sensitive as a Japanese person, and like seeing about how like this like towns are being drained of it because tourist is coming in and buying everything. But in Japan, yeah, yeah, in Japan, and just globally like there's just a craze for it now that like it's inescapable, like everywhere there's a Macha something. And then I read like like two articles that were talking about different ones just talking about CEOs and their personal lives. They were both talking about how much they love macha in it, and I was like, this is so whatever to me. I'm just saying, as the like the trend goes, we have hit peak Macha. It's done. Just go back to this body about it. Leave it for the people who really fuck with it. Let the trend die off so then the people who are into the trends can move on to whatever the next thing is, a mango nectarine or wherever the fuck is out there, and do that. Although I did have a mango nectarine this weekend, this shar.
Speaker 2: Was fucking fire mango nectarine. Yeah, yeah, those fruits don't even see I know, amazing things. We live in an age of wonders that we can't enjoy.
Speaker 1: I was going to one of these things that I like to call a farmer's market. Oh and yes, and they were like, you know, it's good when the people are like you have to try this and that. The dude just got his like buck knife out and just like sliced me off like a sliver, and I gave it to the geist child. We're both like, what the fuck is this? And he's like, oh, mango nectarine.
Speaker 2: I had a bite of a peach that made like was so juicy and so delicious that my mouth started watering so much as I took a bite of it that it overflowed my mouth like my own saliva.
Speaker 1: Like you know, sometimes it happens when you chew a piece of gum, like some gum, like it's just basic gans. Yeah. Anyway, So again, I love mata and I love I love drinking it. Just the trend. The trend. I'm not even coming at people that like it. I'm saying, as this this trend goes, it's too much. Now it's overrated. Please please put that down now and move on to the next thing.
Speaker 2: Have they done Macha oreos and Macha cheerios.
Speaker 1: I'm just kid.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're just getting started. I know that's I think you're right. I don't. This is like, this is like coffee flavored shit.
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 2: It's like, I like coffee. I like the effect that it produces. I like macha because it comes with like caffeination and it's like a nice relaxing thing to drink. Like flavor, I don't know, like the flavor doesn't do that much for me in other contexts. Sure, Like sure people who really ride for coffee flavored ice cream, Like my mom is so into coffee flavored ice cream. Yeah, Like there's some people who are just like, yeah, the kid from Jaws.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that a thing? When we're reading about how like that was like a u or I think, at least in Japan, maybe that they really introduced coffee flavored like candies and stuff to help like create the next generation of coffee consumers because I couldn't drink coffee, so if they were in treats that they could have, you now have the taste for coffee when you're of age.
Speaker 2: That makes total sense because it's how the the tobacco industry is like approaching getting children, introducing children to ye right, nicotine is like what about this? It tastes like cotton candy.
Speaker 1: But if you smoked a battery with a straw on it, if it has full colors, I'm like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's funny when has been taken over by the tobacco industry, so they're on the same ship. They're like, Okay, how do we.
Speaker 1: Do you ever you ever see somebody that looks too old to be vap in one of those things, oh, you know the little square battery ones that like those those tobacco vapes. I just saw someone just like it just looks so funny, Like it was the same thing as like the idea that you're talking about, those little spinny hats, Like as if this dude, this like seventy year old and his spinny hat on pull out this like fucking like multi colored so of abi.
Speaker 2: They kind of look like lip gloss, Like yeah, like highlighters, those like thick ass highlighters. Yeah, it looks like and like psycho hiding from is your dad here and you're trying not to let him know that you're vaping. My man, you're forty five.
Speaker 1: My man was fucking Joe Biden's age thing. I was like this, whatever, bro, get it, how you live. But it's just so funny to see like something clearly marketed towards young Like that's where you can tell you, like, this is clearly aimed at young people, because when I juxtapose it with an older person holding it, I'm like, this seems odd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this seems off. My overrated is just the job of being a tennis coach. I spent some time with the French Open this weekend. There were a couple of really good matches, but Coco Golf one, Coca Golf one, Yeah, incredible, like big, big underdog, really amazing match. But we're watching, you know, my wife is like super into ten We were watching like doubles and you know, like all sorts of shit. It's just always on. And I picked up this thing that happens that I asked her about. But like when a player fucks up, they will look up into the coaching box, make eye contact with the coach and be like the fuck was that? Like when I play coach, they will act like the coach told them to do that. Yeah, they'll be like the fuck man, and if they have a bad match, it will like build throughout the match. Like I saw one player like point at someone towards the end of a match as they were like losing and be like you out of the box, like just directing people to leave the box?
Speaker 1: What did? What did your wife say? Like what is the point? What are they? They was like, it's a known thing. It's a known thing, and it's like it helps with it like gives them something to like let their emotions out with or something interesting. It's completely irrational. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Like you can't just because.
Speaker 2: By yourself, so you need somebody to I mean some people go inward and then like start breaking rackets and ship. So like they it's just like a known thing where coaches are like yeah, you know they get mad. Like the number one women's player Sablenka is like known for just like shouting at her coaches during matches like wow, I guess I guess they're like doing some coaching in during the match, So it's you know, maybe it is maybe they're like, hey, hit it with the frame instead of the string part, right, but that's like the sort of ship that they get mad what the fuck when they like mishit a shot.
Speaker 1: And the coach just goes sorry, sorry, like it does a good coach make it feel like I know, I.
Speaker 2: Know they just stone I saw some of the most stone faced, just like mm hmm, yeah, they know, like it's it's a shot.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, no, bro, handle that ship out by your on your own. That's what this whole sport is. Well, I'm not can't help you. What do you want me to do?
Speaker 2: Just a real, real intense eye roll with a jack like I did.
Speaker 1: I saw the thing like she was talking ship after she lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the loser shut the fuck up, man, like you know, like the girl that I beat would have won today. But I yeah, she was.
Speaker 1: Just not fair. Okay, okay, well.
Speaker 2: You'll yell at your coach exactly. Well that's what she normally does, but this time, I don't know she she just took it out on she she was being a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, but I'm sure I wonder if what had anything to do if Cocoa GoF wasn't a black woman. M I don't know there, I just feel like, you know, black women women of color tend to have a hard time. I've never heard tennis. Yeah, never, such a wacky thing. Look, I'm crazy, I'm high from the weekend. Still man, I'm just saying, shit.
Speaker 2: I'm still this guy must be still high. Also overrated is the cost of tennis balls.
Speaker 1: How much is it?
Speaker 2: Can now, I don't know how much, Like it's like I don't know, but something like that. Okay, I think no, no, no, I'm saying like they are overrating how expensive it is. They only have six balls per set. Like you know, in Major League Baseball they go through like one hundred and forty balls per they go through ton right, yea, yeah, just every time they want a new one, they just like throw one out there. Tennis, they only do six balls per set and then you like get a new round of balls after the set. But I was like, wow, they fucking they're really like conserving those balls.
Speaker 4: Oh crazy.
Speaker 2: I always thought they were like being weird when they were like checking the balls like but before they serve. But I guess that's because there are you know, they're only playing with the same six balls, so they're trying to figure kind of worn out a little bit. Yeah, anyway, that's tennis corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tennis fans were like Jesus christ Man, that's let's talking about this.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Underrated? A couple of things. How far Lil Wayne has fallen off? Oh man, I don't know. Again, I am not. I Also, I'll be the first to say I am not a weezy fan like a Day one fan. I grew up with Lil Wayne okay from the Cash Money days. I knew. I knew he was a young gus one. I remember all his verses from the bat Era when he did his solo shit, I was there a little bit for the ride, but I wasn't. I have friends who were like, we'll get like the Carter albums fucking tatted on their backs if they were like if Push came to show on the internet, everyone was talking shit about this new Carter six album. So I was like, I got it, Like if the internet is shit, like usually people will be like, eh, wheezy, fuck fuck with the heavy Whoa.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not this time.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm I'm listening to it, and I'm like, if I was one of these young people who like all you millennials talk about how wheezy he's the goat or whatever, and here's the new album. What the fuck is this? This probably what I would be saying, because you hear that all the time when like like rappers from the millennial heyday put an album out now that like gen Z or younger people can interact with, and like maybe that's the first time they hear an artist and like this is actually trash, Like no, it's this is not a good example. Their previous works are. So anyway, I was just kind of I didn't realize I've heard that.
Speaker 2: Wu Tang Clan sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is this? I saw their tour, only like five of them were there. But anyway, that's just an offhanded comment because I was really struggling to get through the album this morning. And the other thing that's I think is underrated going to bed early, Like and this isn't a mar this isn't a novel idea by any means, but.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 1: For me, right fucking hate doing it because I still have this like childish urge in me to be like I'm not going to bed early. I can go to bed late now because I'm forty, I still have this like very weird, childish conception of what it means to go to bed early. It's like you're in trouble, okay, And a lot of the time after the guys child goes asleep, I'm usually using a lot of that, Like I'm like reclaiming a lot of personal time, which people tend to do and be like, oh, I'm look at some shit on the internet. I'll maybe play a video game or read something whatever. But I'm slowly realizing now that that time I think I am reclaiming for myself is actually a detriment to like everything else I have think that I need to have going on, because if I sleep better, I get through the day better. I'm better at parent I'm better at patients, I'm better at just getting through the work day and not feeling like I need to take a nap or I'm like like the second I'm finished, I'm like God. So again, I'm just realizing more and more that the there isn't the trade off isn't as bad as I think it is. Fro I'm like, well, then I won't get to play the new Division two expansion that just came out, Like dude, asshole, go to sleep, Go to sleep. You'll feel much better because this weekend I had one of those things where like I had friend's birthday and I was up late. Yeah, and it like stuck with me. I'm still feeling it today. And a lot of that has to do with because like I'm already like I only charge my battery to like sixty five percent. I feel like with sleep every day and now I'm like, no, I gotta take care of that.
Speaker 2: So you got to put it on low battery mode. Hell yeah, Hell yeah. I never take it off low battery mode. I'm always switching my phone to low battery mode personally, wow, and my personal philosophy on life low battery mode.
Speaker 1: All I know you always have me switch it on for you when you can't reach your switch. Can you get it for me?
Speaker 2: All you switch this in the middle of my back for some reason.
Speaker 1: Damn you really had this put in.
Speaker 2: It is true, I mean there is. It is a real trade off though, right, like it like the personal time is you know some of the last we have so little agency, so being able to be like I get thirty minutes, right, I get to be do whatever I want.
Speaker 1: I'm going to watch all these Alex Caruso video edits.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, like for what exactly.
Speaker 1: What and like and then I have to think of myself. I'm like, did that really like make up for anything? Did that really enrich me? Or again? Am I just like sort of used to this like fucking weird ingestion of like quick content as like a thing that I think is my personal time. So anyway, it comes with like a lot of philosophical things of like what do I actually need? Yeah, because even like with parenting, man, I feel like, you know, there's like thinking about having another kid. At times, I'm like, dude, I don't know. I like, for me personally, I very much want to feel like I still I'm like holding I'm like kind of holding on to who I was before parenting, and I enjoy that person and I feel like another kid. I'm like, I'm just gonna let that go. And I'm like and then I become this other guy. So that's where the reclaiming of personal time thing, it's all. It's all existential. Anyway, go to bed early, folks, It's it is better for you.
Speaker 2: I've definitely had times where I was like getting to better early and then like I feel like I'm gonna rut because I'm like not getting that time you know where it's like, oh, I just like watched a movie last night, or like broke it up a little bit, you know, right right right, But yeah, I think I think generally good for the body, good for the soul.
Speaker 1: But they say that's what I really had. Those moments you talk about how like being underslapped feels like you're like you're drunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like I.
Speaker 1: Almost like I slipped on like a stuffed animal almost fucking like like died, Like it was so bad.
Speaker 2: Just step on a stuffed animal and you find yourself just staring at the ceiling. Yeah. Two minutes later, Yeah, like I was.
Speaker 1: I felt like that's that moment in Snatch where Brad Pitt gets knocked out and he falls into like water like song by the Stranglers is playing anyway, That's a very specific movie reference.
Speaker 2: My underrated is the appeal of Mega giving like white guys something to feel persecuted over. Because there there's a story over the weekend that Brian Grazer, who's like the dude who has spiky hair, who's uh the production partner of Ron Howard, and he's like produced a bunch of like really successful movies in like the nineties. Particularly he he just announced that he voted for Trump, which, on the surface, just like further evidence the way you like get rich, you like move to another He was like a famous Democratic donor, and like this definitely cuts against his overall image. So like surface just evidence that like rich people like at a certain point they're on a different planet where everyone is just constantly trying to justify their unethical amount of wealth to themselves and each other. But in this case, I don't know. He's like the Democratic Party was fucked and had no vision, and therefore I decided to vote for full blown fascism white some yeah. But and then in the same breath, he's like voting for Trump feels like getting canceled because he's like somebody asked me if I voted for Trump, and I said I did, and they looked at me weird. My big question heading into the article is like, why would he admit he voted for Trump, Like this seems like his politics like part of what makes his career work. But I think it's I think it's that like now I'm canceled like there, you know, just the white guy's eternal quest to like turn ourselves into the victim of systemic inequality, like because that like at some level there's like a recognition that they've benefited from it. So they're always looking for like some thing to.
Speaker 1: Well, because the victor, you need the victim hood dimension to justify preserving whiteness. Yes, that's what it's always in service of. I'm engaging in active white supremacy or domination over black and brown people because like so if if that's an existential threat, now I'm justified in saying, well, this is why I have to maintain this concept of like whiteness, you know what I mean. And that's yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Without like saying yeah, yeah, without igniting that to themselves. Instead, he's just saying, oh, I didn't like where the Democratic Party was going, so I voted for uh fat Trump, I mean, not fascism. Well yeah, it's just like I feel like it's on the same continuum with like that article we talked about a few weeks ago about like the guy who's like, my name is Chad, and that's really difficult for me, but I'm okay with it. Yeah right, But yeah, I just wonder if part of the appeal of Mega isn't that you get to feel persecuted. You know.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's again I I I think a couple of weeks ago, I linked off to this conversation by Ruby nell Sales. It's like an essay about whiteness. I think it's really important to read because it's a very, very like succinct breakdown of how white, how pervasive whiteness is as a cultural phenomenon, how we're all we cannot escape it. Obviously we can, we can separate ourselves from it and know when we've internalized it. But it's really it's a very interesting read to understand how this practice of whiteness is isolating for white men because it separates them from other people, because they cannot see themselves as being in community with people of color. They have to because of vascular It's a very very interesting read, and I'll link off again to the footnotes. You should really read it because it's I just this is just a really great part from it. In short, white men see themselves, despite the outward manifestations of a history of social perversity and social death, as good and kind men. Their image of themselves conflicts with how people of color know and see them. Rather than grapple with the ways that the acts of whiteness dehumanize them, they celebrate whiteness as a privilege and gift, Devoid of the ability to reflect. White men distance themselves from the meaning and truth of the dehumanizing legacy of violence and oppression that are requirements of their identity and the source of so much human carbonage. They overlook the moral nihilism that is the source of barbaric acts such as lynching, mob violence, state sanctioned violence, and chemical warfare with lead in the water of indigenous and black communities goes on. It's just a very I think there's yeah, Brian Grays are totally just doing doing what this does to people, which is I'm sure for him, he's like, it looks like it's getting away with us if we're gonna have a black woman in office and they're talking about, you know, acknowledging queer people, right, But even then, it's just like, my god, I mean, I guess nothing surprising anymore. And I think a lot of it too, is all over and over. I'm like, what's really the difference between these two parties at the end, the people talk about it, support them uncritically, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think like it's much easier to be like, yeah, so I voted Trump, and now like, I guess I'm unpopular, but I'm like telling hard truths than just facing the actual hard truths of you know what you were just reading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, he's pushing He's pushing the boat out and being like, hey, guys, look, they're gonna cancel me, but I'm with you. So maybe it's not that bad. And maybe others too, because I think for him to have that much power, he's also trying to show other people too. It's like, hey, the waters, the waters.
Speaker 2: I'm on it, bloody. Yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 2: And Thursday Friday, big days on the internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can just take it in sequence and yeah, trying the volume up slowly. On what happened.
Speaker 2: Thursday the public break between Trump and Musk. It began with Musk talking shit about the Big Beautiful Bill BBB and during a photo op, Trump said he was very disappointed in Musk, who responded in real time on X by calling out Trump for his ingratitude. Uh and then uh. Trump claimed he would have won last year's election without Musk's money, and then Musk wrote, without me, Trump would have lost the election. Oh sick, come back just to tell like if if you were like, hey, a I say the opposite of that one. Okay, somebody was like this, this is a great showdown between the best poster of all time and the worst poster of all time. All right, Soon Musk circulated a meme of acts of Trump as a shameless liar, shows Trump telling an interviewer I have a plan to cut spending, then brandishing a piece of paper on which he's written the plan, and the plan is increased spending. Oh fucking burn dude, shit, damn easy elon, easy elon. So then Trump went on true social and said Musk had been wearing thin and Trump had asked him to leave. So now it's not like about spending, it's that Elon quote just went crazy woo. And when Trump insisted on getting rid of the electric vehicle government subsidies that help Musks Tessel the car company, which, by the way, it should be noted, not just help. It's like a big part of what his entire fortune is based on the reason he's the richest person in the world is because of like government subsidies. So Elon Musk said that was an obvious lie and so sad. Trump also somewhere in here was like, guys, got a problem, very sad. So they're doing the like, I actually feel sorry for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh my god, sorry to my haters. It must be hard for you.
Speaker 2: Then Trump posted, so Trump posted that that Musk went crazy at two thirty seven PM, followed it up with the threat, the easiest way to save money in our budget billions and billions of dollars. He's really on a b alliteration thing right now is to terminate Elon's governmental subsidies and contracts. And again the to make it clear what this is all about. That is the point at which Elon dropped his quote really big bomb that everybody kind of knew about already, His claim that one of Trump's broken promises, the pledge to reveal declassified Epstein files, hadn't happened because Trump quote is in the Epstein files. That is the real reason they have not been made public.
Speaker 1: What dum, did you really just say that?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: My Donald Trump hold on the one that's been photographed with Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: And the guy I voted for because I'm a fucking rebel.
Speaker 1: A lot of people were like, dude, if you knew that, why are you fucking with him? He went from he went from being like I got this guy elected single handedly to be like he's a pedophile and I've known it all problem. Why why? Yeah? That was like I think that's when you were like, all right, do we need to like fire up the fucking machine again? And I was like, it's either doing on Friday. I was like, it's either gonna explode even further or it's gonna fucking fizzle out. And then all this other shit started going down because while that's happening too, we had on Friday right because this is there, they keep going back and forth seeing like, you know, must at that point started deleting stuff. I think by the end of the day Friday, like the Epstein shit, when they're like, oh, okay, so maybe he had a little too much dip on his chip there.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then when that's when we also started seeing simultaneously in LA that these ice raids were happening, specifically in like South La Paramount area where they went after like a couple home depots, a garment business, a donut shop, and the spoons came out and started just dragging people out, cuffing them, whisking them off, and once protester, once obviously activist, the community people around there found out now you got a protest because people came out into the streets and protect their family and neighbors, because it's not just like, hey, it's time to fucking put our picket signs up there, like they're taking who okay, well this no, this is our community. So ICE had to then call the LAPD for help, and then shit really starts escalating from their protests at the Federal building and the main detention facility where a lot of these innocent people are being detained in downtown started popping up. And if you remember last week, we talked about how Stephen Miller was crying to his wanna be gestapo goons that they weren't arresting enough people, and he's like, you need to be arresting three thousand people a day and that they need to quote get creative. And then we started seeing things like they fucking rated an elementary school graduation and were physically separating children from their parents at their elementary graduation because again, a lot of this whole thing was we're going after the worst criminals, the most violent, despicable pieces as shit you don't want living here. But again, these people are going after like people who are on like documented taxpayers because of their jobs and being like, ah, whatever, well, the easiest thing is just to go through this list of people who are paying taxes and abiding by the law and just pulling up to their workplace because we'll know they'll be there or where their kids go to school or where they go to school. And so again, La, a city fucking built on immigrants, a place that attracts people from all over the world, wasn't having it. Most of us that grew up here have very close ties to immigrant communities, whether you actually are part of that community or not, or whether or not your neighbors, that's just part of La. You have friends who are Mexican, from El Salvador, from Guatemala, from everywhere, Armenia, Thailand, It's just what La is. So you know, all of this energy that's sort of like natural, like the stress that people are feeling about Ice raids. That's pretty It felt pretty intensely in Los Angeles because we have a huge under documented population and many people again are descending from immigrants. And I've got friends who are completely just filled with existential dread because of like the wonky levels of paperwork that have happened with immigration. I have friends who are on green cards. We're wondering, like do I a life as I know it's going to get completely blown up when I'm sent back to where I've completely made a life here that I saw myself living. So a lot of this is being felt. So when we see ice raids, the response is going to be to naturally protect our loved ones. Not again how Donald Trump is trying to frame all of this in his like false flag thing here as if immigrant goon squads are destroying the city for the hell of invasion.
Speaker 2: He's using invasion as the wording.
Speaker 1: Around and again La. So now he wants to make an example out of LA because he knows that this city doesn't hide. So he's embarking on this bullshit false flag can paign for two reasons. One warn other cities that he will conduct a military siege on your town if you don't cooperate with the illegal kidnapping of people. And two to begin to really set A lot of people are saying this, and it's very true, set the formal groundwork for a full on military police state, because it always it can't just start with, well, we're gonna bad up our own citizens. No, it's got to be we're going to bat up these immigrant people first. But now you have the infrastructure for the military to do raids on fucking homes, businesses, whatever. And this is what Trump has said and what Project twenty twenty five has stated from the beginning. So this is a very very big moment. I think, yes, rightfully, there should be a lot of outrage over the ice raids. But what I think is also very grim is to see what Trump is talking about, because he's already saying I'm activating the National Guard under like these like these very stupid, narrowly used clauses to try and get just a bit closer to the insurrection, which is what he wants to do. And he'll that's why a lot of yeah, yeah, don't don't give him the fucking optics for it. But at the end of the day, we have people fighting for their existence, and I don't know how else it's going to happen, because these people aren't the ones being violent, they're peacefully protesting. It's that they send these FEDS in and the police in that attack them and then create the chaos that they then roll the cameras on and say look out of control.
Speaker 2: LA's yeah. Yeah. I feel like some important contexts that's been missing from a lot of the reporting because the mainstream media has like come around using the word brutal about the raids, but I feel like they're not specifically saying like also like sloppy and racist, Like they're just going they're walking up to brown people and arresting them if they don't have evidence of citizenship on them, like they're going to a DMV appointment.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: A judge in April had to issue a ruling saying like you couldn't just stop people with that direct suspicion that they were or committing a crime in any way. This is a direct quote. You just can't walk up to people with brown skin and say give me your papers. US District Court Judge Jennifer el Thurston said during a Monday hearing in Fresno after the January sweep. So this is in response to a sweep in January. The man who led it, Chief Patrol agent Gregory Bovino. It's always like Bongino. Bovino said his agent specifically targeted people with criminal and immigration histories. However, a cow Matters investigation revealed that the Border Patrol had no criminal or immigration history on seventy seven of the seventy eight people it arrested. Seventy seven of seventy eight. They're just arresting brown people.
Speaker 1: Same when they said those people are in trend de Aragua, that gang, and they're like, wow, we have Revannah. Yeah, no, we don't have any evidence. But again, this is because we are in a fucking completely new era now with just total fucking no breaks fascism, where we're just scooping fucking anyone off tit with no due process and you don't know where you've gone. And they're expanding detention centers there, they're the infrastructure is growing for this kind of thing. And that's what's so fucking scary about this. And you know, I just want people to know, la is fine, la is wonderful, it's beautiful. We're going through a lot right now. We already have the production industry going down, is already causing a lot of financial hardship for people in this city. But we're not being terrorized by people who aren't from here. To the contrary, the city is amazing because of everybody who comes from all over the world and don't give a fuck about papers. These people like this. This is what's so infuriating is that for people who don't maybe don't have any experience with like a flourishing immigrant communities around you, or just people who are not American, it's easy to just take the mainstream media sort of narrative and be like, oh god, it's I guess it's gotten so bad that they're rioting.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that they're rioting, and that's not what's happening. The riots. Check look at the history nineteen ninety that was a fucking riot ninety two. Yeah, okay, this is These are peaceful protests with people being antagonized violently by the police. And I know this is the pretext that Trump needs to say, this is out of control. Now we need to quote liberate Los Angeles, but we only need to be liberated from this federal police presence. That's here. Yeah, we're fine, we're fine, And then the National Guard was called in. Trump tried to claim that the National Guard like handled everything. They didn't. That's not what happened. But now we do have, like, you know, the national Guards. Here, they're saying there's five hundred marines on standby and twenty nine palms to come to the city if needed, and yeah, it's just escalation after escalation, and it's coming from Yeah, this isn't the.
Speaker 2: U nine normals, Like an administration using fucking marines on civilians is unprecedent, Like the national Guard thing like you mentioned, unprecedent like that was used briefly during the Rodney King riots in ninety two with the approval like at the request of the governor. And before that, the last time a state national guard was federalized was when Eisenhower took over Arkansas the Arkansas National Guard in order to protect black school children attempting to attend a newly integrated school. So that's the history. And now they're already doing that and trying to ramp it up to like bring in the fucking marines. But it is like, this is what he said he was going to do, like from day one, he said the military or National Guard should be deployed against opponents that he called the enemy within when the election takes place on November five. Yeah, it should be very easily handled if necessary, but by the National Guard or if really necessary, by the military, because they can't let that happen.
Speaker 1: So there's also quotes from him, like he talked about like Tianneman Square and he's like, they can him in with the army and they put that down real quick.
Speaker 2: It was really beautiful.
Speaker 1: And you know that's what he's been wanting to do this since twenty twenty, you know, when when the when protesters filled the streets after George Floyd's murder. Yeah, and I think now he's really like it's it's really interesting too, the timing of it. I mean, obviously this was all four told in Project twenty twenty five in his own words, but like it's like coinciding with the frustration over the big beautiful bill starting to kind of get slowed down more kind of like tariff uncertainty, and then Musk being like you're in the Epstein files right that then it's like boom boom boom boom boom boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 2: Yeah it needs a big violent wins, yeah to.
Speaker 1: Feel feel really good. And you know, protests are ongoing. People want Ice out of this fucking city, and yeah for good fucking reason. So uh, I think the thing that's really now what we're going to see is what exactly how long term this presence is because it's based on like his little residential decree he made about like that he could federalize the National Guard fucking anywhere. It seems like it can be open ended, and and I'm just like, so when I have then you like look around, You're like, what are the what are the California Democrats saying? And Adam Schiff is like, oh boy, this is not good. You shouldn't don't don't give Trump what he wants. Folks, It's like yeah, my god, yeah yeah what are you doing? Man? Like this is this is serious shit and we're we're I mean again, the real leadership is coming from the communities and people, you know, looking out for each other. And I think the one example that will be made to other cities is that, you know what, when people care enough about their community, it's possible to resist. We saw people pushing Ice back We've seen it in other cities. You saw it in New York. You see protests sprouting up in solidarity across the country. This isn't a thing that just affects la likes.
Speaker 2: Just a small group of like neighbors in San Diego like that that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a thing. This is just I think this is one of those things too. People don't realize how connected we are to the idea of people coming from another place. I'm sure in places that are very just, you know, not diverse, sure people's thinking might be different. But these other cities, these bigger cities, this you know, and even in smaller ones, this is just this is just a human thing. Like you might see somebody like, why are they fucking taking my neighbor for fucking what reason aside from what oh his like. And I think that's the problem that the administration is having in terms of messaging, because all the polling is like, we're like the immigration thing. His handling of it polls well until they say, well what about innocent people? They get pulled away who aren't criminals, and they're like, well, no, don't do that. We're fine with the stated goal of the administration, which was the bad criminals, the murderers. Then they say, well, what about people who haven't committed crimes? Are like, well, no, not bad at all. That's you know, the support for that drops precipitously, and you know they're just going to keep going and want to just create this fear and anxiety. TMZ is already do. Tmzs so fucking backwards. They're like posting shit of like the chaos unfolding in LA from protesters. Yeah wow, of course, I mean because they're a right wing rag basically anyway, but please just be please just note that the media is still back on their bullshit of being like violent protesters. The protesters are not violent, the police are violent.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break, we'll come back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: How about a little palate cleanser, And by palate cleanser, I mean something that we both drank during the commercial break, just to like kind of even fucking world.
Speaker 1: Just the zeitgeist is so fucking weird now. It was one thing October of twenty seventeen, simpler times, Jack for you, and I know it was just wrapping their minds around the Trump administration now at a time yeah, militarized police State and Sidney Sweeney's bathwater.
Speaker 2: Soap Doctor Squatch. So it was recently. Now the Doctor Squatch, which is a soap company and not an eighty sitcom where Bigfoot goes to medical school. Doctor Squatch will be selling a soap infused with Sidney Sweeney's bathwater.
Speaker 1: I remember when the announcement came out last week. I'm like, I was like, Jack, there's Sidney Sweeney's selling a bat We'll just forget it. We don't even need to talk about this.
Speaker 2: We need to because it's sold out in point zero. It crashed the site and sold out in point zero one seconds. Wow, which wow, yeah, wow, this is there is a precedent for this. Bell Delphine, who's like a famous YouTube personality, has also sold just straight like shots of her bathwater to people.
Speaker 1: Gamer girl bathwater, I remember that. Yeah, not for drinking though. They said it was a novelty, right, so if if you get Jardia, it's not it's not on her.
Speaker 2: In both cases, the idea came from the comment section, So it's just it's fucking desperately lonely people being like I could I have your bath water?
Speaker 1: I drink your bath water.
Speaker 2: Literally, people are always joking about this, and do you think that this.
Speaker 1: Is where I'm like, this is where I'm having real trouble of Like when does the stupid, like fake metaphor line become a literal act that people engage in, because it's always like I'll drink your bath.
Speaker 2: Water, right, but now, low loll, I would drink your bath water?
Speaker 1: Low Lol? Well, I mean, like, how much of it can I get? Right? You have to do it all at once, I do. I would do it, Edward, forty hands of your bath water. Yikes. But like, so this is it's a doctor, this isn't Did this one come from the comment section for Sweeney's bathwater.
Speaker 2: I think she did say, like, people are always joking that they would drink my bath water. This is a really fun full circle moment because fans always joke about wanting my bath water. She continued, I was like, this is just such a cool way to have a conversation with the audience and give them what they want.
Speaker 1: You know, people they.
Speaker 2: Which is to consume your bath.
Speaker 1: Your bath water and whatever that means to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just bathing your bathwater. Maybe that's all it is.
Speaker 1: I so eight dollars a bar is what it's sold for online and now the reseller market.
Speaker 2: The real mistake they made is the price point. It sounds like, yeah, fucked up. Yeah, they'd have been selling that thing eight k.
Speaker 1: Honestly, that's really how here's it. I'm like, I'm like, how that's where I'm now. I'm like, okay, Like whatever, Sidney, you do whatever. If you want to sell them the bar soap with your bathwater, do so, what's your cut? I hope you get a significant cut because it's your damn bathwater there. I hope you're not just doing it, you know, for some weak money.
Speaker 2: I hope big doctor Squatch is not taking all the money Big.
Speaker 1: Squatch dude, the profits.
Speaker 2: What is the fucking like market research that they have that just says, like sasquatch anything is cool, Like it's that there must be some study that was done because it's like jerky coffee, cocktails, clothing, Like there's so many different now soap to jack off with. There's so many different products that are like Sasquatch branded. Yeah I don't and like none of them ever seem to like fully like take off and like be a huge monster Hilter Squatch is pretty big because I feel like I see Doctor Swatch massive.
Speaker 1: I feel like I see them sponsor a lot of YouTubers. That's what I at it. I thought it was a joke. Liked today's sponsor, Doctor Squatch. I'm like doctor Squatch, but I think Squatch code it. That's just a way you get men to be okay with touching their buttholes and penises with soap. Dude, doctor Squatch man to steak with. Yeah, yeah, I use doctor Squatch down there. Sure. Man, if you need a cartoon character Harriet Cryptid to help you be okay with buying soap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that is a real Internet thing. Like is it gay to wash your own legs and butt?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, doctor Squatch said it's cool if Mike Tyson says it's cool anyways, Now being resold on eBay for as much as two thousand dollars, although I think like most of them are being sold for around two hundred and fifty dollars, which sounds like that's what the what the price point should have been here?
Speaker 2: Eight dollars was is a mistake.
Speaker 1: I mean, you see look Sydney. Next one up the Annie sell like your whatever do or do another round of this soap but charge like fucking five grand a bar and have it all towards charity. And you'd be like, yeah, bro whatever. Yeah, They're like, there's not even my fucking bathwater in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah there's uh. I mean, this is a market that I've not Like we had somebody read an article on Cracked about there like being able to have a really nice side hustle by like selling their underwear on Reddit, Like there's there's been people out here to get this ship.
Speaker 1: Got lost in the sauce selling her underwear, and she was like, it's such good money, I'm losing my motivation to do what I actually was trying to do when I started doing this to make ends meet, right, and then was like finally like no, no, I gotta like I'm like I was trying to get my master's here. I need to go get that done. Yeah. She's doing great things, big things, big things, big and only a little bit of debt. But thank you to all the custies that the dusties.
Speaker 2: All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines where you still can't get your flu shots. Don't do nothing about white supremacy. Report report ice presence in your community, Report ice, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. The Daily zeit Geist as executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bae Wag.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jefferies.