Speaker 1: You are listening to the Miami Dolphins Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: This is Drive Time with Travis Wingfield. Back to throw to a looking ships abut.
Speaker 1: A wide Dolphin touchdown, trick cal uncolievable.
Speaker 2: Just blue by for a second time? Do knew where he was going right away? Want to hit that man?
Speaker 3: I'm wanna help you.
Speaker 2: Someone will stup on his.
Speaker 3: Man away wattle wad to a shotgun, back to throw looking at them.
Speaker 2: It's up myers touchdown. It's Waddle his sixth touchdown, paradown. I was the King.
Speaker 1: Drive Time with Travis Wingfield begins.
Speaker 4: Now let me check your pulse if you're not. What is up? Dolphins?
Speaker 3: And welcome to the Drive Time podcast, part of the Miami Dolphins Podcast Network, covering your team, your Miami Dolphins. How's it going everybody? I am your host, Travis Wingfield. No Dolphins football today, but we are going to welcome and Steve Goldstein of the CBS Miami season broadcast call to break down Dolphins and Texans this week from Houston. We'll talk about the game and the practices. Plus I'll give you my players to watch. In the final segment of this episode, from somewhere in Houston, this is the Drift Time Podcast.
Speaker 2: Maggie Geffrey.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead and welcome in my guest today from CBS Miami, Steve Goldstein.
Speaker 4: What is up, Dolphins?
Speaker 3: We are here at the Houston Methodist Training Complex in Houston, Texas, with the Dolphins Day two of joint practices wrapping up here shortly game on Saturday four o'clock kickoff, and I am joined by the voice of the Miami Dolphins preseason broadcast, Steve Goldstein.
Speaker 4: Goldie, how are we doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Doing great? Loving these joint practices?
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, the competition in training camp has been terrific and it's actually been pretty fascinating here at Travis to watch year two of Mike McDaniel, his offense, his program in training camp.
Speaker 3: Especially the way he's communicated in press conference, is how that whole process comes together before we get to the football. Though, I wanted to ask you something because we had the dinner the other night, and you know.
Speaker 2: The great Jason Jenkins.
Speaker 3: It was a tradition of his and so I did a great job fulfilling the next chapter of that, especially back here in Jason's hometown. But I had not a bone to pick with you, but I wanted to ask you something because you gave me this great monologue last night on how great the sea bass was at Capitol Grill. And then the waiter comes over and you order the filet explain yourself.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's a great question.
Speaker 1: It was a terrific dinner, thanks very much to the you know, the dolphins and the staff. Having all the media, it was wonderful. You got stuck with me at your table. I just feel the sea bass is just delicious. I've had it, and most sea bass is delicious. But when you go to a steakhouse, you just have no choice, Travis, You've got to order the state. So I was very torn. The sea bass is great. I did give you a pretty good dissertation of how good it was, how it melts in your mouth, how it's buttery soft. But in the end, when in Rome do is the Romans? So if you're at a steakhouse, yeah, you got to go for the meat. Tough decision, that's the one I made. If I could have gotten one of each, believe me, I would have.
Speaker 3: You essentially did what teams do on draft the draft process. You talked up this prospect for two months and that's up for the last minute and took the other part.
Speaker 2: You're for a loop there on the order, you absolutely did.
Speaker 3: Let's get back into Dolphins preseason actually here though, because we had game one in the books, game two coming up tomorrow night here in Houston.
Speaker 4: What are some things that you saw in the.
Speaker 3: Game on Friday that you're kind of looking for is translating into week two and seeing guys bill in that success.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first thing on offense to continue to play. You know, you want to see Mike White and Skyler Thompson. I expect we'll see him both tomorrow in the preseason game against the Texans, So I want to see both those guys. I thought Mike moved the ball very well obviously, Oh for three in the red zones. Oh for three in the red zone. There's a lot of reasons for that. You know, the top weapons weren't on the field. You don't game plan for red zone in the preseason, but you know they did move the ball. So the quarterbacks, to me is always a focus. It's a quarterback league, but getting a little more intricate into that that left guard spot I think is still an interest thing battle there. You know, Liam Eikenberg and Win and Cotton and all those guys in that mix. And then the wide receivers is rout, you know, the guys behind Waddle and Hill, Robbie Chosen's made some plays in the preseason, did not play in the first preseason game, made some plays in training camp. I should say his love watching Braxton Barrios. Just fun to see him out there, and Eric as a comma. You know, Mike McDaniel put him in a pretty good position on those end of rounds to make a couple of plays. So those types of things on offense really enjoyed devon a chain. Not a huge surprise because we know how good he is, but that's another carryover. And defensively, just continuing Travis at that cornerback spot with Jalen Ramsey out. Cater Kohu didn't play in preseason game Number one has impressed every when you impressed, I talked to Vic Fangio. When you impress, Vic Fangio has been in the league for thirty seven years, you know you're doing something right. So that continued battle there in the in the secondary as well, And I'm real curious when you asked the question about from game one to game two, Channing Tyndall, you know, he showed well, made some plays. Last year was kind of a development year for him. I think when Chris Kuier picked him, they kind of knew that. So I want to see how he comes out and plays well.
Speaker 3: I think Marvin Allen mentioned that his pre draft press conference that both as Zukomma and Channing tend to work more of two year projections, And I just think it was really good roster building in the sense if you bring in a true and tested veteran in this offense in the Trent Surefield, River Craik Craft, and you almost kind of graduate to the next guys that could talk about rocks and Barrios has experienced in this offense, and obviously Eric Hazucama I think looks really really good out here, so.
Speaker 4: They have options there.
Speaker 2: Also.
Speaker 3: I love Barrios rocking the stitch handed on his forehead right now and make him big plays. He had like a sixty yard touchdowf he Scott Thompson on Wednesday, So kids, he's making all kinds of plays out here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Coach McDaniel on Thursday at his press conference had some interesting words about Tua and you know you mentioned the red zone failures in the game on Friday. I thought red zone work in practice was fantastic. It had all kinds of touchdowns on the offensive side of the football. But I thought it was interesting that he talked a little bit about how, you know, the two interceptions to it through. That kind of bookended what was a really good practice for Tua and the idea of testing limits and trying to maximize your thought process as far as what you can and cannot get away with. And I'm curious to hear how you kind of perceive that and how you think a quarterback like to in his fourth year might be able to compartmentalize that and actually, you know, take what he does out here negative and good and put it into more positive on Sunday because obviously one of the best quarterbacks in the league last year. If he can take that and go to our level, this team can really start flying.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great, great point, and it's a great topic. And this is why when we see the results in practice, you know, literally the play by play, you don't really know watching what they're trying to accomplish. So you know, sometimes it's hard to look at and say, oh, this didn't work. Yeah, but what you're trying to do will You're trying to see if this works and then if it doesn't, okay, let's scratch that. Let's put that on the back burner. So I think there's a lot of back that goes on in practice. So we can't always play the result of the play during these practices. You know, Look, you always want to have some things you can work on, And from a coaching standpoint from Mike McDaniel and Frank Smith, it kind of never wanted to be perfect in preseason and in training camp because then where do you go from there? But yeah, year two, I just think it's a big difference this Mike McDaniel offense. It's like a whole new language literally learning that. And I remember talking to coach McDaniel last.
Speaker 2: Year before the preseason games.
Speaker 1: As those games went on, game one, game two, Game three, and as training camp went on, I think Teddy Bridgewater was a big help in this as well as being a veteran guy. They were starting to get that language down second nature. And now we know it's second nature to to so now it can take it to the next level. And I just think the sky's the women on this offense. I'm guessing that, you know, Mike McDaniel's putting some more things in in year number two, and that's why there are so many details and there's so much to learn, but hey, that's the only way you can you continue to get better. I just think offensively overall, led by the talent is tremendous at the skill positions. And I think Mike McDaniel's kind of, you know, maybe a bad analogy, but a man scientist in a lab, you know, and now you got eight chain, and now you got chosen, how you got burrios. There's a few more things that he can kind of cook up there and make some plays fire up.
Speaker 3: To watch him have a chance to actually scheme up a game, because it's just never quite the same with him when you're just running plays. To run plays and practice and try to make individual progress. As with the team moving the football, a lot of that comes from scheme.
Speaker 4: I think we saw some of that in the first preseason game.
Speaker 3: A lot of the things I talked about last year was manufactured pockets, finding ways to get quarterbacks on the move, slide your protection. You know, obviously Tron Arms has a big part of that with his ability to lock down all the best pass which was in the NFL you can slide.
Speaker 4: Everybody else and find clean pockets that way. But the red zone area last week was the big concern.
Speaker 3: Right it's a nineteen to three's final score because you're zero for three in the red zone, Whereas if they punch those in they probably win the game going away, and at least put it away pretty early on. But we saw the running game get going until they got down on the red zone. Curious to get your thoughts on the Dolphins running game here so far, because you know it's tough to gauge in training camp, but I don't know what's the style in this since two thousand and sixteen or something, they had the most rushing yards and a half in that game in a preseason game. I'm curious your take on the running game so far and how you think, you know, a second year, a new language, all that stuff can expand this year and become even better because if the running game gets going, we saw the passing game last year. If the running game can get you know, ten places higher than the league rank, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know how you stop this offense, I think still incomplete because we're not really seeing Raheem and Jeff Wilson out there together. And Mike McDaniels even made the comment he's very cognizant of when we're allowed to watch practice, when we're not allowed to watch practice, what he's showing. So I think that I just think, Travis, there's probably a lot more tricks in that book that Mike McDaniel isn't busting out. You know, it was very interesting to me last year out of those exit meetings that Mike McDaniel actually pseudo not literally but apologized to Raheem Moster for saying.
Speaker 2: We didn't run the ball enough.
Speaker 1: Now defending Mike McDaniel, if I've got two a Jalen and Tyreek, you know, hey, why call the running play?
Speaker 2: Let's throw a deep man.
Speaker 1: These guys are the best in football probably, you know, as a trio. Is there anybody better? I'm real optimistic for this running game. In year number two, toront Armstead made the comment just how many details there are in that and now in year number two and the first of the joint practices here in Houston on Wednesday, that he felt comfortable maybe for one of the first times in training camp, like everything was clicking. So you know, once they get turn out there and they get that left guard spot settled, I really think the sky's the limit for this thing in year number two and interchanging Moster Wilson. And the other real intriguing thing is how's he gonna use hmon h chain. I don't think anybody knows yet. I'm not sure he completely knows yet. He was split out quite a bit in the game against Atlanta the first preseason game, but they also put him between tackles a little bit. I mean, he made one of those catches down near the goal line, he got walloped on it. So I'm really curious. I don't think to see it all, is my point, Travis. The next couple weeks, I'm curious September tenth in LA to see what that running game looks like.
Speaker 3: That that a chain flex dow throw where they just basically threw a now route to him, stand up for the ball to him, and he had space on the sideline and he beat everybody to the corner. I don't know how you defend that when you have a change speed on one side, and Tyreek and Jon on the other side, like there are stress and speed at every single level of defense when you offer that, and you know, you talk about Mike McDaniel's offense and he's he's alluded to it about you know, what do you show out here in a practice compared to when it's closed and no media, no fans out there.
Speaker 4: And you know, he alluded to the fact that your offense.
Speaker 3: People will know your offense, but you're not going to be a good offense unless you have counters to what they are able to do.
Speaker 4: And so I'm so fascinated.
Speaker 3: To see number one what year two does to get him into the back pages of that playbook, but also how they counter some of the things the teams were able to do successfully against them as a defense last year. That Chargers game comes to mind, that inside leverage, press two man coverage they ran.
Speaker 4: I just I know that Mike.
Speaker 3: I've had to eat him all offseason to come in here and format a game plan to accelicans that look like that.
Speaker 4: So I'm curiously how that works.
Speaker 3: But I want to flip it over to the other side of the football here in the defense, because you.
Speaker 4: Know, from my advantage point, I continue to see.
Speaker 3: You know, last year was a year of deep balls all training camp, right, we saw Tyreek getting deep, Jalen getting deep, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Trent Surefield getting down the field.
Speaker 3: But all the guys are getting their deep targets and it hasn't really happened that way this year.
Speaker 4: We've gotten a few of them.
Speaker 3: But I credit that personally, and I fo you know Texan struggle in their deep passing game on Wednesday. I attribute that to the secondary just kind of having an understanding of the rules of their coverages and not really you know, busting down with the concept of every coverage call you mentioned. Talking to Vic Fangio, I love, like you mentioned, if he loves the player, I'll tell you if he thinks they've played to do some work, I'll tell you that too. But from my perspective, I see this defense coming together and kind of hitting those rules early here and year.
Speaker 1: What with Wick Fangio, Well, first day, it flashes me back last year Travis Jason Taylor was on the preseason broadcast with me, and when I think one day that too through a few interceptions and Jason just kind of says, uh, you know, I got a question why there isn't always a bad day when the quarterback throws an interception. No, the defense is out there to try to play, yeah, exactly, so we always think about that. You know, Fangio is putting in this defense pretty complex. I think he's got more weapons this year. You've seen, you know, when Christian Wilkins's practiced. He's been dominant during this training camp, and I just think overall there's more depth probably on the defense now.
Speaker 2: He's still looking for guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's made that very clear, but you know, the defense does seem to be you know, digging in kind of understanding, you know, and the impact players understand the defense. Now you got Bradley Chubb in a training camp here for the first time. He was a mid season pick up. Me and Jalen Phillips on either side. So I agree that there's no official way to know during these practices, but that d line many days and it goes back and forth these The offense obviously produced as well, but there's been quite a few days that's been noticeable where the D line gets that push and you know, if you want to count sacks, there's eight or there's ten of them in a day, and that may be part of the reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I from west On game tape lasher to practiceition, looks like this is maybe more of a fit for him defensive, but just think he's making all kinds of plays out there.
Speaker 4: And you mentioned Jalen Phillips.
Speaker 3: Do you have a chance to see what Lewis Ridicks haid about Jayleen Phillips, the ESPN analyst. He was talking about how this guy can play strong safety if he had to, basically alluded to the fact that he's one of the best athletes in the entire league and we've seen that all camp long. And McDaniel on Thursday morning had a chance to talk about Jalen because he was asked by a reporter about what he's done in camp so far, and you could just kind of see McDaniel like, Yeah, he's kind of.
Speaker 4: Got the goods.
Speaker 3: So I think those two guys are going to have a mass impact in this defense and just really take it to the next level. We've got a few minutes left here on the show here, Goldie, want to just go ahead and get your take on the game on Saturday night. We kind of joked about this before McDaniel's presser on Thursday.
Speaker 4: I think I gave you some some fun.
Speaker 3: About the Cheetah call last year. Have you got any calls saved up from the chamber you're ready to break out? As it kind of a spur of the moment there.
Speaker 2: It is usually spur of the moment.
Speaker 1: You know that play last year, you know, is home game and all of a sudden, I'm seeing Tyreek going down the middle of the field and he had two steps and I see two is about to loading up, Like, oh boy, this is this is what everybody's been waiting for, you know. So no, I don't have anything specific. We'll see who ends up playing in the game. But hey, anytime Tyreek makes a play, I mean, and he's looked, you know, dominant out here going up against another competition, he raises his level. But no, it's gonna have to be spurred the moment, Travis, And I never know what pops into this wild brain of mine, and when it pops into my brain, how it gets to my mouth and get gets out on the microphone. That's a big TVD for me, to be honest with you, I.
Speaker 4: Think it makes it. Living in the moment is the best way to do it.
Speaker 3: I mean, we talked about calls at the there and the other night, you know about how Joe Buck was so good about the Stefan Dick's Miracle of Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: Call.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, man, the Cheetah is Luther and South Florida. You can set a high bar. I don't know if you can top that. Man, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: You know. I appreciate that very much.
Speaker 1: And hey, when you got great, great players and exciting stuff, it really makes the job a lot more fun for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Top six offense last ye, hope we get more of that this season. Goldie pregame show, CBS Broadcast. Tell the folks for us that can find you. I know you're all over the place out here in South Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got radio pregame show. You're a good buddy, and mine O J mcduffy is with me. That's all over iHeartRadio. And then Saturday CBS Miami and affiliates, and then next Saturday against Jacksonville. And we'll keep on going the radio pregame show two hours before kickoff with with Juice all season long.
Speaker 2: So I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: That's my closer. But I want to come back something because it's funny you mentioned OJ earlier. You mentioned something about, you know, the offense and defense not really you know, being privy to like a scheme in a practice. You're not really trying to game plan things. And so there's certain things that maybe defense will know is coming. You know Christian Harris that the Texans linebacker, talked about taking his game tape lash and Rotwa looked off. You know, the defense and move people and I'm gonna trust my drop and getting this spot. Every single time I talk to OJ about that about a defense that maybe knew something was coming, he goes to the cheating m efforts.
Speaker 2: He always talks.
Speaker 3: About the defense is cheating. They know the trail, they're jumping plays. They're all over the place. So you have yourself phone an absolute stud and a co host on the pregame show. Tell us about how exaed you are to work with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, verst A. OJ is a great guy.
Speaker 1: Anybody in South Florida that's been around since the nineties now not only a great player for the Dolphins, but really a great guy and making his transition from former player into media.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 1: You know, he's smooth on the air, dedicated guy. So knowledgeable. But yes, much like the story from last year with Jason Taylor about the defense, OJ is gonna always defend the offense doing what we do.
Speaker 2: We always know that going in.
Speaker 1: So, you know, just let those guys go, let them, let them say what they gotta say.
Speaker 3: Travis, I was gonna say, they don't make a great show just going back and forth to two of those guys.
Speaker 4: I think OJ last year we gave out.
Speaker 3: You know, well, however many wins behind nine wins, gave about nine game balls last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty sure nine of those which are wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Tyreek Wattle, Tyreek Wattle Tree.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm surprise you guys now, I'm going to the wide that's his go to me every time.
Speaker 4: So oj' is the best. Goaldie. Appreciate your time today.
Speaker 1: Man, ohways, you're the best too, Travis. Thanks man, guy, I'm my own show.
Speaker 3: Thank you to Let's go ahead and take our last break right there and come back on the other side. I'll give you my list of players I'm looking for tomorrow night in Houston. That's next Draft Time podcast. Your host Travis Wingfield brought to you by Auto Nation. A big thank you again to the great Steve Goldstein. You can hear him on the call tomorrow night on CBS four in Miami or CBS Miami Channel four. I should say, but let's go ahead now and talk about some players that I'm looking forward to get a chance to take a look at in this upcoming game and kind of go by position here I suppose, and it starts to the quarterback position, and number one, I just want to see all of these guys go up against a Demiko Ryan's defense in a game setting. Now, you're not going to have a scheme from Demico, so that's not exactly the same idea of what I guess I'm getting at there, But essentially I'm excited to see them go up against him. For the rules they adhere to, and they play fast, they play hard. I think they're going to probably tackle pretty well. I just want to see these quarterbacks good chance to go up against the defense. It's coach as well as I expect this one to be with Demiko Ryans being there in town for the Houston Texans, and if Jalen Peatree plays, obviously, you guys heard about him on the pick six at practice a couple days back. I'm really curious to see how the quarterbacks kind of operate off of him because he is He's a I don't want to say gambler. He will take his chances, and he did on that pick he got and it turned into a massive play for him. But I want to see how they can potentially work to move him if he is in the game and displace him and use their eyes to get him out of positions where he can impact the passing game because he is really really good at that. He actually got a pick on two of last year in the game. Now it wasn't it didn't stand up because the cornerback interfered with I believe Tyreek Hill on the play, but you from that game, from any game you watched with the Houston Texans last year, Petrie can flat out play and I'm excited to watch these quarterbacks get a chance to work against him. Of course, if to a play, is very excited to get a chance to see him play in a game. It's been since Christmas if we had a chance to see that. So seeing him come back in and just find a rhythm and can get the offense going down the field a little bit and push the ball into the red zone, hopefully execute in the red zone, which is another area I'm excited to watch this team try to go out there and improve upon last week's performance as far as the offense goes zero for three in that red zone, obviously finding a way to manufacture touch downs opposed to settling for field goals or in last week's case, fourth down failures.
Speaker 4: Excited to watch Mike White and Scalar.
Speaker 3: Thompson compete again for, you know, for that backup quarterback job, and you know, we'll see who plays first, who plays second.
Speaker 4: We heard coach McDaniel last week say.
Speaker 3: There's a good possibility they will flip those two guys. I continue to think that Mike White had a really good training camp so far and progressively gotten better. He's gone along, which I think you can expect from a quarterback in his first year in a new system or a relatively new system for him. I'm excited to see him try to execute those red zone throws because he did a great job of getting the Dolphins offense up and down the field, and then I'll finally in the red zone, not quite put the finishing touches on those drives and then Skylar Thompson gets some more time to throw back there. Obviously he was under heavy duress and just play with you know, timing and rhythm that we didn't really see last week when he was on the field for the offense in general at the running back position. I think we all agree here. I can't wait to see Devon Achang get more of a workload. We saw him use in a variety of roles last week, the flexile passing game, catching swings, running the ballton the tackles, getting red zone work. Have a chance to watch him open up the speed that he's displayed and just want to see how they utilize him and just see him take another week of a workload and just continue to get better. He's been really good in camp, really good in the game last week. Want to see what game number two brings for Devon Acham and Chris Brooks too. I thought Chris Brooks ran really hard, and it's so hard and these practices get engage in the running backs. So the games are so really telling as far as how they run the ball and how physical they are. And I thought both guys showed out well in that regard last week. Can't wait to watch him play in the game tomorrow night at receiver, kind of that log jam behind Tyreek and Waddle, right, I'm curious to see Brax and Barrios, who's been so dang good. I thought he was really good in the preseason game. He had a fantastic week out here, got vertical twice for long balls from Skyler and from Tua. Just really looking forward to seeing how he continues to build and progress his role in the offense. Eric Azukama coming off yet another really good preseason game for him.
Speaker 4: How does he contribute in this way? Is he going to get more handoffs?
Speaker 3: Is it going to be part of the passing game watching him block man his work in the run game as a blocker, not just a ball carrier, but as a blocker, watching him go out there and put some guys on their back. I want to see some more of that from Azukama chosen obviously as kind of you know, didn't play in the game last week, but has come on the last couple of weeks here in camp and see his role expand and potentially get some look in the preseason. And then Cedric Wilson too, and just in general for the Texans here. Excited to watch guys go up against Derek Stingley, who I think is going to be a fantastic player in this league, a second year cornerback who had his ups and downs as a rookie. But I think that we've seen him practice out here, joined practice as he's been pretty dang good at the offensive line. The same names we kind of talked about last week. Isaiah Win I thought was fantastic at left guard in that game, seeing him, you know, work into that role and get some more push in the running game. If he can continue to do that, I think he's going to really you know, put his best foot forward, potentially getting a starting spot if he can continue to do that because of you know, just how dominant he was in that game and how dominant the running attack was. And the same goes of Rob Jones, who I just think has been really good the last week plus here in this practice is against the Houston Tech in the game against the Atlanta Falcons. How does heat follow up that really good showing last week In the second one here and after the Texas defensive line, you know, the one on one drills went in their favor, But I thought Miami when they had actual full eleven on eleven did pretty well against the Texans, except for when they blitzed and overloaded the pass rush, which you know that that's going to happen. But Tua in the quarterbacks find ways to, you know, replace the football, replace the blitzing, the vacancy left by the blitzer with the football. So how those guys react, you know, obviously the tront Armstead injury again, we'll find out more about that in the coming days. But you know, Kendall Lamb, Cedric Aboayhee, those two guys that have lots of experience off the edge blocking. I'm curious see how both those guys look, especially Lamb, who's been really good in camp. Have not had a chance to watch him yet in preseason, and I go back to the three two snaps he played against the Patriots last year. It was really good in that game before he got injured as well, so him and a boy Heat and then of course Lester Cotton as well, who had a pretty good game in the preseason game last week against.
Speaker 4: The Falcons at tight end.
Speaker 3: Elijah Higgins my guy, I want to see how he progresses in a second game. Can you get more work in the blocking game? I thought he had some good blocks in space. Obviously contributes in the passing game as well. I want to see him open it up. Want to see him catch a you know, a short ball and open up the speed and just see how fast he is.
Speaker 4: On the other side of the football.
Speaker 3: On the defensive line, Jalen Twyeman, I kind of you know, Christian Obviously we know what we have there, Zach Steeler, Raykwan Davis.
Speaker 4: I want to see the next guys.
Speaker 3: I want to see Jalen Twyeman go up against a young Texans interior offensive line, a guy like Kendrick Green at first round draft pick last year, who.
Speaker 4: Had his struggles as a rookie.
Speaker 3: I want to see that battle him and some of the younger guys here on our defensive line. Deshaun hand not younger, but you know, a guy that is new to the club. I want to see how he progresses in a second week here with Miami after a very good first week. Just that entire rotation in general, you know, Josiah Bronson, the depth in that room and how they handle a young Texans interior offensive line at linebacker more gink Man more Andrew van Gyinkle edge your off ball. I don't really care. I just want to see him play some football. He was so good really all camp. He's been good, you know, in his career so far. Didn't play last week. Did we get a chance to see him in the game, And is some of that off ball is off the edge? We'll find out. But I'm really curious to watch him and how he attacks, especially if it's you know, kind of depth in that interior linebacker position where it's new to him, and if he plays in that role, if he can you know, push a Duke Riley or a Channing Tendall for playing time there. I think that that competition only serves to make the Dolphins better. So I'm curious see how that sorts itself out. And I put you know, Ogbond here. He's more of an edge, you know, defensive end obviously, but his second game got some snaps last weekgainst the Falcons and was absolutely dominant in that game against oh Jalen Mayfield. I forgot the guy's name for a second. They're the second year player from Michigan. He was really dominant against Jalen Mayfield. Curious to see how he looks in a second game back off the triceps injury from a year ago. And then the linebackers. I mentioned Duke Riley Channing Tendall. I thought, you know, Duke didn't play obviously, but Channing was so good in that preseason game. Is he playing fasters? He's still getting those fits, you know, the run fits fitted as it were, and just seeing things you know, diagnosed in front of him and go make plays. I want to see more of that from him and just continue that progression. And then find in the defensive backfield. A name you didn't hear this week, at least from me, was no Egbuinogany, which is always a good thing for a cornerback. I just didn't see him get tested a whole bunch. I'm really curious to see how he competes after, you know, a really good training camp so far.
Speaker 4: And then Elijah Campbell.
Speaker 3: Elijah Campbell fan club right here, we guys know that by now, how he performs, you know, where he performs on the on the field on defense, very versatile player, how he contributes on special teams as well. I'm very excited about his potential in his game. And then Deshaun Elliott played a lot last week. I'm curious to see if he gets that same workload and the role that he fulfills in that defensive backfield. So fun game coming up. We'll see who plays, who doesn't play. Either way, We're gonna have the post game show for you guys from the iHeart Studios, our first time in studio. Very very excited about that, me, Seth and OJ. Right after the game Hitch triple Zeros. We are on the air for two hours. I'll have the podcast for you guys early Sunday morning. I'm sorry, I'm trying to track my days here. They kind of run together this point, but you'll have plenty of content coming your way. And then right back to Miami Gardens after that for some more practices and finally the third preseason game next week against the Jacksonville Jaguars. But that is a ways away from right now, So enjoy the podcast, enjoy the content from the week, enjoy the game tomorrow night, and all of our postgame coverage until next time. That's gonna be my time you all. Please be sure to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, leave us a rating, and leave us a review. You can follow me on Twitter at winkled NFL. Follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the Fish Tank podcast with Seth and Juice. Check out the YouTube channel for media availabilities, Dolphins Today, and so much more, and last but not least, Miami Dolphins dot com.
Speaker 4: Until next time, finns Up, Carolina and Cameron. Daddy, He's coming home.