Speaker 1: He had a car was scratched or it was out of gas, or there was a dead cat in the backseat or something. Yeah, it's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and getty.
Speaker 1: One more thing.
Speaker 2: I happened to know that we're about to talk about rental cars. I just drove a rental SUV twenty eight hundred miles one way and dropped it off and flew back. This rental car I picked up because I recently had a problem with a rental company that rhymes with hurts. And I'm stilling deal with the dealing with thing. I've spent so many hours on the phone with them dealing with this. Way back in December of last year, when I turned when I turned one in and and and then they sent me a bill for fifteen hundred dollars saying that I cracked the windshield somehow, which I didn't see any crack on the winshield. I would have thought I would have noticed it if it was of any but anyway, and just I didn't have any proof that I hadn't. And since then I've found out one, uh, you need to like take lots of videos and pictures of your car when you pick it up. According to my insurance company, but also according to my insurance company, All State Insurance, this has become a really common thing with a lot of the companies. And whether it's a scam or not, I mean, Hurts is a really big corporation, and it doesn't seem like they're a company that would want to be in the scam business. It's not like it's a rinky dink low. But I guess a lot of the companies are doing this a lot.
Speaker 3: And I don't know or is it individual franchisese I don't have any I don't know how their corporate structure works.
Speaker 2: I don't either. I don't know. But it's possible that you just run it up the flagpole with lots of people and hopefully pay for it, and that's the way you get your repairs done. Maybe that's I don't have any idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think it is individual franchise ease and probably has nothing to do with the parent company.
Speaker 1: That would be my guess.
Speaker 3: Although we got this note from Drew, who was dealing with a completely different company and said, here's my letter to those folks disputing fuel charge that occurred one week after I returned the car. So, dear Sir Armadam, I received your notice dated blah blah blah, an invoice for ninety dollars and seventy one cents to refuel a rental vehicle. This invoice is in error since I refueled the Malibu vehicle less than four miles from the rental car location at the Portland Airport. I've probably refueled at that very gas station. I think I know the one he's talking about. The attached pages have information to support my case, specifically thrifty rental agreement showing that I rented the Malibu returned it blah blah after driving the rental vehicle for two hundred and forty seven miles. Also fuel one hundred percent out one hundred percent in the invoice dated blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Here are two separate.
Speaker 3: Charges for gas on my Capital one card while I had the rental, including this one less than four miles from PDAX on the very date I returned it. Moments before I returned it, average gas prices in Portland approximately four and a quarter gallon. Average fuel efficiency form Malibu twenty one mph two hundred and forty seven miles driving a twenty nine offer consumes about a gallons. That's exactly what you charge me for consuming, except I have receipts I paid for the gas and turn the vehicle.
Speaker 2: With a full tank that is detailed.
Speaker 1: Oh it's great.
Speaker 3: Please avoid the charge on my card for ninety blah bah bah. Additionally, as a consultant, I charge one hundred and fifty dollars per hour for my time. Please remit two hour charges, one for filing a dispute with capital one, the other to research my records and respond to this fraudulent invoice.
Speaker 2: Sincerely, I was about to say that that is more than I'm willing to spend of my time in work to come up with that documentation. But if you charge for your time, then it works.
Speaker 1: And then I'm sorry. It wasn't true. It was a Stephen C.
Speaker 3: Seed his credit Cards Fraud Division and the Better Business Bureau.
Speaker 2: Oh good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's well done, Sarah. Next time I have some sort of a dispute, I'm just gonna have you do the paperwork and I'll gladly pay your fee. What just say a hundred buck an hour? One hundred and fifty an hour all inflation.
Speaker 2: But so since I got scared, of my last one, and not really so much. I think my insurance company is going to figure it out. But the amount of time I've have to spend on the phone, you know, getting to what your time is worth and everything like that has been such a pain in the ass. But so I pick up this, this hurts vehicle that I know I'm going to drive many thousands of miles, and it's got so many How are you supposed.
Speaker 1: To do this?
Speaker 2: It's got hail damage, it's got dents, it's got screens, it's got scratches over the whole vehicle. How am I going to prove that I didn't put that dent in it or that scratch and it even if I've got you know, I don't know. You just hope, I guess, I mean h individual case.
Speaker 3: Well, then they might claim your dead bear left to stain in the rug in the trunk if you're RFK Junior.
Speaker 2: God, the number of phone calls I've had, and every single time I have to go through the whole thing, how many people were in the car? Well, first of all, every single time they say can when can we We need to make an appointment for you bring the car in so we can look at it and assess the damage, and I say it was a rental car. As you can see on there, it's Hurts Corporation. I don't know it's a rental car.
Speaker 1: What the F do you'd not get.
Speaker 2: So you can't bring the car in? No, it was back in December. I don't keep my rental cars around for nine months or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's expensive if nothing else and always, and I've been through this multiple multiple times.
Speaker 2: Was anybody in the car hurt from a chipped windshield?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: So you're saying no, no, nobody was hurt. Was anybody else in the car? Yes? What are their ages? Twelve and fourteen? Were they in car seats? I said no, I don't keep my fourteen year old in a car seat? Were either the child? Was the twelve year old in a car seat? No? Don't keep the twelve year old in the car seat? Either? Is no?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: This is this. They're just going through the questions, the mindless questions they make them ask, no matter what. And I've done this at least three times with three different people.
Speaker 3: We're going to need to talk to them to ask them whether they have been touched inappropriately or if there are guns in the home.
Speaker 2: Right, were they hurt? Nope, they weren't hurt by the chipped windshield either, So nobody in the car was hurt. Correct, Not a single person was injured due to the chipped windshield, which, by the way, didn't actually happen.
Speaker 1: So the nine hurts you if you ask me again.
Speaker 2: So the nonexistent chipped windshield that you're claiming did get chipped. Yes, really didn't hurt anybody. But even if it's, thank god, none of us would have been hurt. Okay, So just confirming no one was hurt. Yes, yes? How many times do I need to say yes or no, depending on how you phrase it to make it clear no one was hurt by the chipped windshield, which, by the way, once again didn't actually happen. I mean, honestly, God, I've gone through this so many times it was hilarious. I did it on speakerphone with my kids because I'd gotten so met up with it. I just answer while I'm running errands. I just answered it. But my kids were laughing so hard as we went through this again and again and again.
Speaker 1: I'd call it costka asque. But if Franz Costca was with us.
Speaker 2: He'd say, I'd never write anything that's stupid, all right, And then and then and then they'd always circle back to something we'd already answered. And so, how long have you owned this vehicle? I don't own the vehicle. It's a hurts rental.
Speaker 1: Wow, are you sure you're not being prank?
Speaker 2: That's what I wonder it might be. It might be a I'll bet it's a mister beast thing. I'll bet it's a mister beast thing. And it's like they've all got bets on how long before I drop an F bomb or something?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: That transgender fellows the guy who threw the rocket your win shit right or something?
Speaker 1: But it never happened. That's the point.
Speaker 2: What was the fourteen year old hurt? No? No, no, no?
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, two of us weren't hurt, but the chipped windshield somehow glanced him and took out.
Speaker 3: An eye, knocked him out of his car seat. Did the non existent ship hurt anybody?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my giant rabbit buddy's fighting in the back.
Speaker 1: Carvid right.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's infuriating, just listening to a little to be a part of it. Yeah, I went through all the stages of grief. The first time, I was like, I was angry at various points, then sad, then I accepted it, then it was humor, then back to anger. Wow, I think it's a teenage prank.
Speaker 3: I think this is actually a neighbor near you, Jack, and your son is having him to call you over and over.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's it.