Speaker 1: Some donkey to day is just so himself. Charlotte Man, Ready, I never read the donkey other day. What is it again, Arla? Yes, Charlotte Lane, the same, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yes, Donkey today for Tuesday, January twenty third goes to a Florida man named Robert Brush. Now, what does your uncle Sharla always tell you about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception. See Robert Brush is on drugs, ladies and gettlemen, narcotics, all right. He is an attic, a user, a fiend, a junkie, a druggier space cadet. Yes, and not just any drug. Robert is on that speed, that cranked, that ice, that chalk, that Scooby snack. Yes, Robert Brush does mess. Yes, he loves chicken flipping. Okay, he gets fried. And the reason I know he gets Friday is because of how he got caught. See, defuties pulled Robert over and asked for his license because they noticed the tailgate on his pickup truck that was covering the license plate. So they pulled him over. Now, when they asked for his license and he handed it over. Deputies noticed a white crystalline substance on it. See, some of y'all have watched enough movies or had enough real life experiences to know that cards like driver's license are often used to break up drugs. Okay, not just driver's license, credit cards, all right, MX, visa playing cards. Everything from The Big Joker to Draw four is used to break up drugs, especially powdered ones. Now, when cops saw the white crystalline substance on the card, they tested it and it came back positive for meth.
Speaker 1: Then Robert did what most humans would do in that situation, and.
Speaker 2: That's why, okay, And he told deputies he didn't know there was drugs on the license and there was nothing illegal in the car. Welp, we'll see how smart you are when the canines come. And that's exactly what happened, all right. Dogs came, sniffed the car and tucked between the driver's seat and sent a console. Cops found a baggy feel with what appeared to be a large amount of the same substance on the license, and it was fourteen point twenty three grams of that no dose fourteen point twenty three grams of cookies. Fourteen point twenty three grams of that Christina. Now it's not lost on me that this man's name is Robert Brush. Okay, he Robert Brush, had a brush with the law, and that brush with the law resulted in his arrest, all because Robert Brush didn't brush the drugs off his license.
Speaker 1: Now I know it's.
Speaker 2: Probably Robert Brush's desire to stand up and brush himself off because he made a mistake and he wants to ask for forgiveness.
Speaker 1: That's what life is about. Okay.
Speaker 2: Whenever first you don't succeed, brush yourself off and try again. But Robert Brush, you must first go get treated for your disease.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Addiction is a disease, and it's a disease that jail can't cure. I don't care if you're a black person addicted to crack or a white person addicted to meth. Prison is not where you should be. But we all know America does not know how to solve problems. So being that we don't know how to solve problems, we will never, never, never, never, never ever be able to assist people and properly overcoming their addictions, So we will continue to criminalize the disease of addiction and send people to jail when we should be sending them to rehab. And even though I can sympathize with Robert Brush and his disease, it still won't stop me from giving him the credit he deserves for being stupid, even if it's a legit reason for him to be.
Speaker 1: Please give Robert Brush to Sweet Sounds of the Hamiltones. Oh No, you are the dogee.
Speaker 3: Of the day, the dogee all the day.
Speaker 2: Ye Now, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said, amazingly, it's not the first time someone is handed over their license covered within a legal substance. And that doesn't surprise me because I've had the same exact experience. What I've told you all this a million times. You've heard this story, okay, a million times. I'm that uncle that will tell you the same story over all. Okay, it's even in one of my books. Okay, I don't know if it's black Privileged oshok ones both available wherever you buy books right now. But I was riding with someone in Fort Lee, New Jersey, and I was with that person the night before as well, and we got pulled over twice by the police in Harlem. This was two thousand and seven of two thousand and eight. I don't recall now, being that we got pulled over twice in Harlem. By the time we got pulled over for the third time in thirty six hours in forty New Jersey, I was like, these guys are pros.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: When the police came to the window, I thought, the police trust me, officer, they know the procedure of license and registration right handed over. So the driver gave him his license and registration and compass. Like, step out the car, let's search the car. Still normal, very routine thing that happened when you black, okay, no need to debate to argue about it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And me being the key key palmer rass negro that I am never taking things serious, always want to get a little he haul, a hall hall and a key key.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm telling the officers, excuse me, officer, while you harassing us, searching us for no reason. The murderer just drove by. Oh, another car just drove by trump full of guns and cocaine. Next thing I know, all I heard we put your hands behind your back. Oh okay, I'm like, damn, I went.
Speaker 1: Too far with the key keys. Okay.
Speaker 2: Come to find out the driver had handed him his license and registration and assurance and like this little plastic thing. And also in the plastic thing was five grams of cocaine. So they took us all to jail because they didn't claim it until we got to the jail. So I've been in that situation, all right. Yeah, much more, much more normal occurrence to me.
Speaker 3: I think last week, a couple days ago, we reported that fifty cent is practicing abstinence in twenty twenty four. So I guess there's a lot of people that go through this phase where they practice abstinence or celibacy. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, does abstinence and celibacy actually help you in your life, whether it's work, whether it's love, whether it's friendships. That is the question helps you to focus absolutely, eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Let's discuss. So you've been through that, been through what not having sex for a while?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, But I mean I think that the it just helps. It helps with discipline. I mean that's like even when people you know do Ramadan and they fast. Like you know, sex is one of the things that you abstained from. It just helps you to focus.
Speaker 3: Until you've done it before and it helps you with your focus. How long have you abstained for?
Speaker 1: I mean I've done Ramadon before? Yeah, what's that? I forgot? How long rama done this? I ain't done this so long. I don't know my long as rama?
Speaker 3: How long is rama? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely, I know. I know people that do stuff like that all the time.
Speaker 2: And people practice the uh not ejaculating rema.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gates talked about that. That's right. Yeah, I've never done that. I got six kids, just keeps going and on.
Speaker 3: All right, But we'll discuss when we come back eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five on this. Abstinence and celibacy actually help you in your life.
Speaker 1: It work.
Speaker 3: Let's discus assist The Breakfast Club Good morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull, Lamb and Soft.
Speaker 1: Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured.
Speaker 2: To Michael the Bull dot com, that's Michael the bull dot com and when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.